Speaker 1: Fly, Eagles Fly, They push their way down another runby.
Speaker 2: We thought we were going to be on the same page there, but we were pretty close.
Speaker 3: Well, they clearly run the same page because they just won another super Bowl with all the distractions they had all year, new running back say Quad Barkley goes out.
Speaker 2: So we flyre Sarrani for acting like crazy MANI athletesilin yelling f fans.
Speaker 3: They I mean, I was completely wrong all year. They went against all the odds. I feel like this is day I found out Santa Claus with faith right.
Speaker 2: Here, Fly Eagles Fly. Congratulations. Welcome the Dudes on Dudes.
Speaker 3: I'm Rob Bronkowski and I'm Julian Edelman and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 2: And today we're cracking open the hotline to answer your voicemails. And let me tell you, personally, this is my favorite episode.
Speaker 1: Love them. We get to talking about our favorite patch jerseys.
Speaker 2: Aime, I still have my jersey that war on Thursday Night Football hung up in my house because I loved it that much.
Speaker 1: What countries are in Asia and what countries we want.
Speaker 2: To visit in Asia is Asian like the same as Chinese food.
Speaker 3: And building the perfect slot receiver aka Julian Edelman.
Speaker 2: As easy as that, Duels, Just imagine that type of player right there. That's a ninety nine rating. I'm madden if you ask me.
Speaker 3: And then we wrap it up with the chills due to the week presented by Coop's Light.
Speaker 2: That number to leave a voicemail is five six one, two zero three, five seven eight nine. Now let's get into it. Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Rob?
Speaker 1: Where you at?
Speaker 2: Hey, Jules? How you doing? Man? I'm just in Florida right now, relaxing, taking in the sun, laying by the pool, you know, just chilling out.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I just went absolutely hamp I was talking to my brother actually yesterday, and I told them, Hey, I might as well go back to football because I'm grinding harder than I ever grinded before and I'm not even playing football, so like, I might as well go back because playing ball would be easier than what I've been doing over the last six months. But I appreciate, you know, all the people in my life. I appreciate all my jobs. I'm definitely thankful for every job that I had throughout the season. I would just say the travel was really tough. That's where the grind is. So I'm just chilling right now, getting back into a routine, getting all my workouts. But just overall, I'm very thankful for the last six months. Football season was amazing. You know, it was entertaining. All the jobs that I had were entertaining, from going on the k Adams Show to you know, doing the Fox pregame kickoff show, going on your show before my show, on the Fox Kickoff Show, so just going out all the shows. It was amazing, skill the shows all over the place. So not doing good though, very thankful for it all.
Speaker 3: Wa people got to realize, like this super Bowl, it's busy. It's a busy time of the year for us, especially if you're a retired athlete and you're in the media game. Rob had so many obligations, Like I was busy. I had obligations that in working events that I had to go to and I did a lot and Rob did like twice of it. Like we had a when we did that shoot for the start of the Kickoff show with Lady Gaga and the responders. We woke up at three o'clock at We woke up at two thirty to do that, and then we we we did that from three fifteen to four thirty, and then Rob had like two other shows to do. I had a break until my media day, but Rob bound back to back two fucking freaking appearances, which, like it was a lot like I was. I was feeling for you, big dog, like Rob, when we any of us had any free time, like we all just went to our room and did nothing, Robs getting nad treatment IVS.
Speaker 1: It's like we've come afar.
Speaker 3: We've come a far away far from the days were you know, at the Super Bowl we'd be partying our faces off.
Speaker 2: Well, put it this way, Jules, I did even go out one night. I actually went to a FanDuel party Friday night, but I went from nine thirty to ten thirty. Only I did the right carpet and then I watched Megan da Stallion go on from nine thirty to ten and watch your shake her booty all over the place, which was which was fun to see, you know her perform her big time songs and get the crowd going. And that was the only night I technically went out, and it was only till ten thirty pm. I had three drinks throughout the whole entire time I was there on the five nights I was in New Orleans, which is pretty impressive. Last time I was there for the Super Bowl in what two thousand and you know, thirteen or whenever it was, I probably had three drinks in three minutes one of the nights that I was there. So I'm proud of my myself. We're growing up a little bit Jewels and I like it though we're more responsible. And that Lady Gaga shoot, it was just so sentimental and powerful and it was just bringing America together on the biggest day in sports, which was just really cool as well as well worth waking up at two am, even though I went to bed at eleven PM and woke up at one because I was nervous I was going to oversleep my alarm. And then I did that shoot, which we were like delarious. We were just cracking up, making silly jokes with all the with all the police officers there and first responders, which was really cool to see all them, and it's just so cool to see their personalities as well, because they were laughing at whatever we were saying. So I really liked them because when people laugh at our jokes, I really really tend to like them more. In the National Guard, they were cool as heck with those machine guns. AK forty seven is just going across their chest. And then I went on Good Morning America to promote the Kick of Destiny number three at seven AM. And then I had my first feature ever with Travis.
Speaker 1: Kelce and Nervous and you killed it.
Speaker 2: I was nervous. I appreciate that man, and it was an interview, yes. And then I had an on field interview, my first ever with Dallas got Her that was really cool. But Dallas got Her and Travis Kelcey, I want to give a shout out to both of them because that future was my first with Travis Kelsey in the on field interview that was live was my first with Dallas got Her and I appreciate them because they made me feel comfortable when they walked into the interviews like thank you guys, like they they were loose. They made me feel loose because I was nervous. It's the first time I've ever done that. So those guys are super cool. I was cheering for them both, uh and they both had great seasons and I respect them both as players as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was that was it was a crazy game. That was a crazy game.
Speaker 3: It's it's I feel bad for the Chiefs because they didn't put their best game out there. Anytime you go into the last game of the year and you play your that was like their worst game, you know. And you got to tip your cap to Philadelphia because they beat the shit out of them all game. But like you know, they didn't get they didn't put their best product out there. They didn't pick up the protections. They got manhandled by the defensive line. Vic Vangeo, you got to shout out coach Vic first super Bowl. He's been coaching in the league, I believe since nineteen eighty six. I mean I actually got to ride back with him after the Super Bowl. So you know we did the postgame show, right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: How did that happen? Jules? Yeah? So I did my postgame show, which was really quick. I had about one segment and then I saw that you guys came out after us and you were on for how long?
Speaker 1: We were on for like an hour? And it was awesome.
Speaker 3: We got to interview Saquon who just a humble dude, have had relationships with him over the years. He's no one better to win a Super Bowl than sa Quon. We talked to AJ Brown and it was awesome to get to catch up with him. We had a cool story. I left him a note in his Super Bowl inspire.
Speaker 2: What inspired you to leave him a note at his lacker?
Speaker 1: Well, Rabel?
Speaker 3: When we were practicing at the Greenbrier against Tennessee.
Speaker 1: In AJ Brown's rookie year.
Speaker 3: I think Rabel or my boy B Bell, who I played with that Ken State, who was a strength coach. They introduced us and wanted me to go talk to him. You know, he was these young gun talent that had. He was just like a phenom, you know what I mean. They just you know, I was at that pinnacle of my career at that time, and so I we just went and talked, and we we we talked after that, and he still remembered what we were talking about, and I kind of just gave him a reminder that it's a long ass game, stay in it. And I'm so proud of where he's gotten to, like that was his rookie year and that he's a top three receiver in the National Football League. Now and he's been doing it at a high level for a consistent amount of time. A lot of noise, but always bawling Like I was just so proud of him because you know, he was vocal, he wanted to win, you know what I mean. So, you know, didn't bring back any memories for you and we were doing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I was reminiscing with you in the green room and just being on the field for the sidelines, and then also being on the field and seeing all the confetti just come down everywhere, it definitely brought back those good memories, especially from Super Bowl forty nine that was ten years ago when we beat the Seattle Seahawks. I mean, I just remember that confetti to a t because that was the first Super Bowl that we won, and I believe the coolest super Bowl that we won too, because it was the first one. It was such a good game and we beat the Seattle Seahawks with the best defense in the league and stopped them from going back to back. But the coolest moment I was safe for me at the Super Bowl game this year was before the game even started. Yeah, I got to interview Dallas. Got it from my first live interview ever, But Nick Sirianni was walking around on the field as well, about two three hours before the game, and I was just chilling and he came up to me and we just started chit chatting for about five minutes, and I learned something cool about him that he's from the same hometown that I'm from, well, the same city that I'm from, and that's Buffalo. He grew up in Jamestown, which is about an hour bus ride that we used to take up to go play Jamestown High School. Even though he didn't go to Jamestown High School, he's still from the town of Jamestown. And that's when I knew. We had a great conversation about just Buffalo as well. But that's when I knew Jules that the Philadelphia Eagles we're gonna win that game. When I found out that Nick Sirianni was from Buffalo, New.
Speaker 1: York, it all makes sense.
Speaker 2: I loved him. Man, Cool dude, Cool dude. You great dude to have a conversation with as well. Brought brought a lot of passion and energy.
Speaker 1: And he's got a lot of heat. I've given him a lot of heat. I've given him.
Speaker 3: Well, I just it's just a different way of what I'm a product of, you know, like the way he coaches and his style of coaching, which you know, there's multiple ways to the top. It's just you know, some of the things which I'm sure he would agree with me that he regrets doing, like some of the antics he does, Like you know, now that you want a Super Bowl, you gotta act like been there, you know what I mean. And and he's done that, and he's gone, and they got to tip your cap to him and his staff, Howie roseman Uh, both the court he's gonna have another another tough job ahead of him. Both the coordinators gone, well what's big Stan? But killer Moore? Like, but I I gotta say, man, I'm really impressed with with his ability to ignore the noise because there was a lot of noise around this this team this year, and I.
Speaker 1: Thought it would take I thought it was gonna take him down. But they fucking proved me wrong. They proved me wrong. They said, fuck that, we're noisy, that's just how we are. We're from buff we got we got a coach from Buffalo.
Speaker 2: That's right. But but they ignored the noise big time. But also Nick Sirianni, I feel like he kind of just grew up just out of nowhere. In the middle of the season. Yeah, he was doing all his antics. But then like after they were two and two and all the antics happened, all of a sudden boom, he was just on point from there and the antics kind of stopped, and like, yeah, yeah, I mean looked pretty good with a shaved head. But but it was just like all up, focus on football. Stop with the antics, stop with the extra doses of everything going on, same way AJ Brown, and then everyone just became like came together as a team. It's like they needed that to all happened. They came together as a team. And then from there on out, every single player, from the coaches, you know, to the top of the organization, everyone was acting unselfish. And that's why they won the Super Bowl this year. That's why they're champions, because you got to be an unselfish football team in order to be champions, especially a J. Brown. I mean, that guy is an All Pro wide receiver and he was getting targets like he was the third fourth guy on the team. Just because of the system that they have with Saquon Barkley running the ball so much and how successful they were with that, But really tis blocking down the field for Saquon throughout the whole playoffs so Saquon can just burst out those fifty plus yard runs. That's an unselfish football team. That's an unselfish player, and that's why they're champions. You got to be unselfish in order to be Super Bowl champs.
Speaker 1: We'd be remiss not to talk about the exciting whites.
Speaker 2: The exciting whites.
Speaker 1: It's it was really an exciting white this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 5: They were.
Speaker 1: A couple. I saw blanket. Ship had a couple. He had a couple of stuffers. He had hard, he was solid.
Speaker 2: I mean, he didn't let up like any big time play.
Speaker 1: Tackled well, like they did their job.
Speaker 2: They tackled really well.
Speaker 1: Dude, that that was the game plan.
Speaker 2: That's rush for knew how to tackle.
Speaker 3: He's that that was a We haven't seen a butt whooping like that since Denver. And you know what I mean, the Denver Super Bowl New York against Seattle.
Speaker 2: I mean a little bit.
Speaker 1: And you guys, yeah, you guys were.
Speaker 2: When I was in Tampa. I'm telling you, that was the same as that blueprint that we had to beat the Kansas City Chiefs and the Super Bowl in Tampa. I mean we rushed for, but you got to have the personnel in order the rush for. I mean we had the Dominican suit Vita Vea. We had a Shack as well coming off the edge, and then we had JPP coming off the other edge as well. I mean that's a dominant four right there that you know, it's very hard to defend and block. And they were getting after Patrick Mahomes. If you can get after after Patrick Mahomes, he gets frustrated in that pocket. You know, if he feels the pressure. You know, it's not like Tom.
Speaker 1: He didn't play game.
Speaker 2: Tom knows how to handle that pressure. Jules, he knows how to.
Speaker 1: You know, he just gets a ball.
Speaker 2: Wherever you know, the health needs to come from and he gets the ball out quick and he knows how to you know, do that to a t.
Speaker 3: But you know, Brady struggled against that Spags defense in O seven. I mean, Spags gives quarterbacks. I mean, he didn't play like where they didn't cross the fifty bat or anything, but you know, it was it was tough. Where do you think the Chiefs go from here.
Speaker 2: You know, they're kind of in a tight salary cap situation right now. I saw, are they like five guys on their team are going to be counted against their cap about one hundred I think seventy five million. I think they take up like around seventy percent of the cap just through five guys, which is absurd. So they're gonna probably have to restructure some contracts, you know, possibly cut a guy or two, you know, hopefully get you know, some good draft picks that can come in right away and make.
Speaker 3: Each you can get them something. Hopefully they gotta Brett Veach. He they they address problems pretty quickly. Like as soon as they lost to you guys, uh, that Buccaneers team. They revamped that freaking offensive line in one year. Remember that they one year boom gone.
Speaker 2: That's already that's already a revamped offensive line.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just know, I know, but I'm for them.
Speaker 2: Defensive line was so dominant, And I was saying that for the whole two weeks going into the Super Bowl game. I said, if the Philadelphia Eagles want to win this game, they got to put pressure on Patrick Mahomes in the pocket and make him feel uncomfortable, and that's what they did. That's how you beat them.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean everyone says that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, shit, if you get pressure in the middle of the pocket on him and Lamar and in Tom Brady and then they all hate.
Speaker 2: It, it sounds a lot easier than it is to just I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Now, did you eat anything good in New Orleans?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Gumbo?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had some gumbo.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It just reminded me a lot about Forrest Gump when I was there reading these menus. First, I couldn't read the menu, Like there was like a hundred different spices on each entree and I'm like, well, what the heck is this like? And they're like, oh, there's like fifty spices on each entree that I had no clue what they were. So I just saw the word steak in one of the entrees, so I just ordered that and I was like, that's what I'm going to get that that one right there, and I pointed to the menu and uh, it was difficult, I mean, but what was gator?
Speaker 1: I had some gator.
Speaker 2: I ate fried gator too, tastes like chicken, take your chicken. I only had a couple of pieces because it's still weird. But it was so cool about New Orleans. I'd never really been there like that because I usually go there and play and you'll go to the stadium and then leave. But what was so cool was just a history there, like being on Bourbon Street just seeing you know, all the bars that were built in nineteen o five and they're still standing like that. The history was definitely special down in New Orleans, which I appreciated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went on a huge, like research spree when I was staying at my hotel because we were we were on the Mississippi River that four seasons, so I was like, man, I kept on seeing these big ass tankers drive, but I'm like, what's up with this Mississippi River?
Speaker 1: And then I loan, behold, I fucking go down.
Speaker 3: I get a damn history lesson on the goddamn Luisiana purchase, and you know, then I'm sitting here reading that this thing, this this Mississippi River goes up to goddamn Dakotas and it's one of our goddamn ways to get all our trade up to damn thing. So Louisiana purchase eighteen oh three, fifteen million bucks?
Speaker 1: What a steal? Who's that?
Speaker 2: It wasn't a stool back then? They needed that fifteen million dollars jewels.
Speaker 1: Bro that goes from Louisiana all the way after the Dakotas, all the way to the Dakota's. It's a Canada at that time?
Speaker 3: Is that like that just we're just that little ass that's a big ass purchase. Who is the coolest person you met?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh man? It was actually on the sidelines in the pregame show. I was just chilling there watching it all, and it was kind of like ten minutes before the national anthem, and this big guy with a hoodie up comes walking over to say what up? Straighthand but I was kind of like in front of stray hand and so he just had to like walk through me. So he just said what up to me real quick, just a quick handshake, and I was like, who was I was just thinking in my mind, like who is that guy? Like I know him, but like I don't know him. And then he walked away after he said what up? Straight handed, and I asked our security guy at Fox. I was like, who was that guy, He's like, that's master P. I was like, no, I was like master P, baby, I grew up listening to master P, and uh, just freaking it was awesome, dude. I actually got pumped up. I kind of got some chills. It was yeah, massive dude. He was like six ' five, like probably like massive man. It looked like he could play linebacker.
Speaker 3: He said he tried to play in basketball pro basketball. He almost made it. Anythink he played like the G League or said.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I used to love master P.
Speaker 2: Oh I still love him. So that that was the coolest dude that I met while I was, you know, in New Orleans. How about you, Jules, Who's the coolest person that you met?
Speaker 3: This is the first time I went. So I went to Chiefs practice and I got to meet Andy Reid, and uh that was cool because I never really met him. Well, I mean, we play against each other, but you never really get to meet the first time really getting to be in an area.
Speaker 1: It was cool to meet him. It was fun.
Speaker 3: I mean it was That's when I started missing it is when you get to see the practice.
Speaker 1: You know, you're at the college. I think they're at Tulane.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, you go to college field, nice grass, fast tempo practice seemed pretty clean.
Speaker 1: But it was just cool to get to meet Andy.
Speaker 3: You know, we've competed against each other for so many years in so many different facets, and I've respected the hell out of them. Uh, you know, so it was it was great to meet him. Brett Veach was cool. Who is the guy who's the comedian that my guy? I'm blanking on his name, that is doctor Phil Adam Adam Ray.
Speaker 1: I had a cool conversation.
Speaker 3: I went to that Bert Kreischer show with Nicky and Kill Tony Nicki Glazer kill Tony Tony Clitch Cli.
Speaker 2: I was at show.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, anything like the Rose Crazier Crazzier. I wish I would those guys were, They were hilarious. Shane Gillis was where I didn't get to catch his. Tyreek Hill was.
Speaker 2: Did a bit with uh yeah, yeah, what did he do?
Speaker 3: He went up with Adam Ray who's dressed like doctor Phil, and like they did just he just asked him questions and it was funny. Tyreek Hill looked like, uh, he reminded me of like a heel wrestler.
Speaker 1: He was like playing up to the character. Hella good.
Speaker 3: He was taking his shirt off and getting at the crowd, and so I was like, I went up to him after the show, I'm like, Tyreek, you need to do fucking WWE or something dog because A he could probably do like six hundred backflips off the top ropes and do some athletic shit, and b he he was so good with the crowd. I thought it was awesome. It was fun. Got to meet him afterwards. He was talking about our podcast, Want to come on, Tyreek? The Tyreek's like, I.
Speaker 1: Got I want to come on. I was like, dude, no problem.
Speaker 2: On dudes, we need another dude so we can interview the dude. We might have to go that way sooner than later, Jules.
Speaker 1: The super Bowl though, it was a fun event. I enjoyed New Orleans.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great, Like if I wasn't having to drive around, that would have been.
Speaker 1: The perfect place.
Speaker 3: If I could just walk to some you know what I mean, if we could like for the event, the fans and stuff and like for everything was super close. For that standpoint, it was. It's a great super super Bowl city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely a shout out to the city of New Orleans. They did such a good job hosting Super Bowl fifty nine that it was well organized. Uh, traffic kind of flew, uh you know flew as well.
Speaker 1: Traffic was time it flowed.
Speaker 2: I thought it was for how many people were there? I thought it flowed.
Speaker 3: We got caught behind it, damn Mardy grab from the parade one a day or I don't know, we were up.
Speaker 2: We just got how many people were there? I think it was. It was. It was pretty well done. Uh just uh, you know, the National Guard, all the police officers, Thank you guys for everything that you do to keep you know, the whole entire city safe throughout the same week, no doubt about that. Felt totally safe there as well, which was really cool. It was a good relaxing feeling to know that. And I want to give a huge shout out to the whole entire Fox team as well, Jewels, from the executives to the cameramen, uh, to the directors, to the producers. I mean to put that pregame show together, the halftime show, the postgame show of you know, a five hour pregame show. Just thank you to everyone that was involved to make it happen so way Wardrow everyone. Without you guys, we would have never been able to shine like the way that we shined, you know, as a whole out there on the pregame show and halftime show and post show. So appreciate having didn't for what you guys do. It's a team effort and uh, it's definitely felt, you know what what type of impact you guys all make. So thank you.
Speaker 1: Rob. What was it like playing catch on Bourbon Street?
Speaker 2: That was really cool? Uh, you know, it was a segment I was surprised, you know, to do because I didn't really know that Tom was coming to our set, you know for the pregame show. I mean, he's got a busy schedule. He's got to study up on the teams. He's about to commentate for about three four hours the Super Bowl game. And let me tell you, Tom knocked it out of the park. He did Tom chrump kield it for all Super Bowls. He destroyed it. I'm proud of him, man, from where he was Week one all the way to the Super Bowl. Man, I mean, he's an inspiration and he shows that if you put the work in, you know, you're going to get better and you're going to get the job done. So I appreciate you, Tom Man, your proof. You know, to a lot of people why you are the role model that you are man to the young fellows out there. You put the work in and it shows Bill Fellows too, definitely Fellows as well, one hundred.
Speaker 1: But he's my role metal.
Speaker 2: I'm old. And then we're on Bourbon Street, we're doing the show and they're like, Rob, go up in that rooftop. Tom's gonna be on that rooftop and He's going to throw you a pass. I was like, no way. I mean, whenever you can catch a pass from Tom Brady, even though you know, even when retired, you're going to catch that pass from Tom Brady. I mean we did it at the NFC Championship game. I know you were jealous that you weren't the one receiving the past jewels and you had to cover me, but I got to receive it. And if I was covering you, I would have probably tried to go for the interception. I just want to. I would just want that feel again, you know, like we're playing I cut.
Speaker 1: I was the number one guy that I caught most of his walls the most shall Yeah, you have them I'm trying to catch up.
Speaker 3: I wish if I if I can get those yards, if I can get those yards, maybe.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to catch up in the number of catches.
Speaker 1: But uh, it was cool, right.
Speaker 2: The problem herew it across to me. I don't know here the cross there was actually some wires in the way as well, and which was the defense and he uh, he threw it over the wires. I made the catch. The crowd went crazy, and I did the first ever Bourbon Street gronk spike and boom spiked it from up top on the you know where I was in the rooftop. The ball bounce about twenty five feet up in the air. Crowd going crazy and gronk spikes all over the place. And then people start gronk spiking their shots because they were just so impressed.
Speaker 1: They start throwing beads at us, spiking beads.
Speaker 2: No, no beads, you know, that was that was the disappointment that I got no beads thrown at me. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I think they were probably told not to throw beads.
Speaker 2: Well, I want, I wanted to, you know, earn the beads. You gotta you gotta flex and show show some muscles, and I didn't do that. I'll had a suit on. So I didn't deserve any beads jewels.
Speaker 7: He didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't. You didn't earn the beads.
Speaker 2: I didn't earn him.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, So as you can see, we're not both in the house right now. We're taking a little time off works. I've just had Rob just had crazy schedule. I got crazy schedule, and we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna rest and recover, and we're gonna let our brain recalibrate so we can come back even sharper more on point for dudes on dudes when we start back up again. And I also want to thank our fans and listeners out there for sticking with us all year long. You know, it was my first podcast ever. Couldn't have you know, couldn't have seen it going, you know, any better than the way it went the whole entire year. So I appreciate our whole entire Nuthouse team, crew, all our producers, directors that we have everyone from all over the place in the Nuthouse. Thank you, guys for everyone that makes the show possible, and especially to our listeners and fans out there. We'll be back stronger than ever. We got it down now, we're not rookies no more when we come back, jewels, so we better be on point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be on point, and we'll tap in with you guys here and there.
Speaker 2: We just got it.
Speaker 3: We're still trying to figure out scheduling. How we're gonna do this show, continue this show, When we're gonna do the show, How we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do the show.
Speaker 3: I think I said that like four times. Uh, And then we'll have some content. We got some content, so we'll still keep feeding the beast. We appreciate you guys. We love you guys.
Speaker 1: And I think we got some voicemail recordings. Should we dip into that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love voicemails. Let's go, let's dip into it. Let's go.
Speaker 3: You guys have been blowing up the hotline and it's been so fun to dive into these calls. We love hearing you guys. And remember that hotline number is five six one, two zero three, five seven eight nine.
Speaker 1: Call it. We love hearing it. Let's go.
Speaker 8: Julian Gronk is Matt from Stoneham just wanted to get a quick power rank from you guys all time Patriots jerseys between the classic pat Patriot, the blitzo Are, the Dynasty jerseys, and the current Color Rush style jersey. Let me know, dudes by easy.
Speaker 2: Ah well, let me tell you. I love the Color Rush jerseys. When we were wearing them. I think I'm Thursday Night Football, remember that year when everyone had to wear the Color Rush jersey. That was one of my favorite jerseys that we ever wore. Maybe you like the throwbacks better. I'm not sure jewels, but the Color Rush it was like a grayish dark blue type of jersey color, and that was my favorite by far. I still have my jersey that I wore on Thursday Night Football hung up in my house because I loved it that much.
Speaker 3: I like to pat the Patriot jersey, the one that we wore in two thousand and nine. We had the white helmets before they changed the rule where you couldn't have multiple helmets, and we played tennis in that uniform.
Speaker 1: The Titans. I believe we beat them forty four zero or something.
Speaker 3: Tom Tom had six touchdowns in the first half. Waxed them and it was October fourteenth, and it was like a huge snowstorm. It didn't snow anywhere but in Foxborough, all around New England it was all rain. There was no forecast for snow and there was hell of snow. And we were wearing those old pat the Patriot unis that was I like those.
Speaker 2: I like the red I really liked those ones too. So let's go with the first jersey is pat the Patriot. Yeah, you know, that's the classic. And then I'll go with the Color Rush number two a right, and the Bloos the Blotsoe era was pretty good, like those guys throwback because it's like super ninetiesy yeah, wowd and shit those were cool man. So those are number three. And then the Dynasty jerseys that's kind of like the basic ones, like right there behind you, Yeah like that right there? Yeah yeah those four Yeah that's Kember four. Yeah yeah they are born, but they were the Dynasty. Yeah yeah, but they're just number four. STI all right, Next question.
Speaker 4: What's going on? Guys? This is Pedro. I'm a Texan from Houston, Sexans. What I want to know from you guys is, uh, do you guys get frustrated with today's level of talent in the NFL? You know, sitting at home watching the games as a fan. Now, the level of talent has gone a little bit lower than it has been in a couple of years.
Speaker 1: I don't think the talent's lower. I just think the play is different exactly.
Speaker 2: I Mean, you got guys like Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase just absolutely balling out on the football field, Like.
Speaker 3: I Meanda, like, there's a bunch of kittle. The d NS are all fucking monsters. Miles Garrett, We'll get verse from this little new guy verse with the Rams and had a crazy good year. There's I mean, I think the league's is at.
Speaker 2: Jal at the defensive tackle, the quarterback play.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the complexity of offense is different.
Speaker 2: And the style of is totally different as well.
Speaker 1: It's going more collegy. I think it's more collegy like.
Speaker 2: West Coast offenses that are throwing the ball all the time. I mean, the talent's there, it's just you know, how they incorporate the way that they're going to play, you know, the the you know what, the line, the formations that they're you know, not lining up in just how many times they're throwing the ball compared to running the ball, just the whole entire style of play is different, so it kind of aligns differently with the type of talent that's out there.
Speaker 3: But then you look at like the teams that are doing it right. But I think this ultimately comes down to like how players aren't being developed in college. So the NFL Pro style coaches are having to go to the college like scheme because they're not they're not able to come in, you know what I mean, Like the complex like a lot of these RPO stuff that that there's no complexity that it's like, it's like, really they're hard to defend.
Speaker 2: With that being said, good thing we got Chapel Bell. He's gonna develop all the players out there in Childs Bill at u n C and then they're gonna be NF already jewels. All right, let's go check it out.
Speaker 1: Let's see chapel Bill, chaple Bill.
Speaker 2: Let's can you develop these players?
Speaker 3: Chapel n He's having so much fun up there North Carolina, so much fun. I see him every Apple Bill.
Speaker 1: Chapel Bill.
Speaker 3: Hey, someone out out there, make us a Chapel Bill beat song, like on SoundCloud or something so we can rap to it or make a song.
Speaker 2: Chapel Bill, Cha, chapel bill, Look at me. I took a pill and then I ran the hill, ran the hills because I had so much juice. I wanted to get loose, like the sail of the Goose. Oh yeah, chapel Bill, chapel bill with chapel Bill.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 9: Hey, you guys are awesome. My name's Alex. I'm from Portland, Oregon.
Speaker 2: Hey. We don't have a NFL.
Speaker 9: Team here obviously, so I didn't know what you guys thought. Do I need to find an alliance somewhere root for the Seahawks or the forty nine ers, or can I just hop favorite teams every year? My friends like to make fun of me, so I would love to hear you guys' opinion. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I think you're in uncharted territory, so you can go either two ways with this. You can either go Seattle or San Francisco because Oregon's touching that Nor Cow border. So, like you know, I think you gotta go that route, or you could just pick any team you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you gotta stick with one. You can't be flip flopping.
Speaker 2: I mean, but he's in a territory where he can flip flop all over the place and really not get called out for it. So that's a situation. If you can play that right every year, year in and year out, well then you know, kudos to you for being able to do that. But if you don't have that skills to flip flop and convince people every year why you're a fan of that team, well then you got to just pick one team and then stick with them. And I feel like you really don't have those skills. That's why you're asking us that question what team you should pick? So I would go with the Seahawks, because, uh.
Speaker 3: North, that's like the Northwest, Yeah, upper Northwest, Pacific Northwest, that's what they call it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, or I feel like, it's just if you cant touched to if.
Speaker 3: You go to your if you go to your beaches, if you can go to your beach and you're on the West coast, and if you like look out to the ocean and you see a killer will it has to be Seattle. Yeah, but now killer whales in the Pacific Northwest. But thinking about it, he should be I think, isn't that where free Willy took place.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, Jules. Oh, I love Free Willy. I love I watched that movie like twenty times Jesse. But if he's having a debate, if what like what team he should be a fan of? What about the BC.
Speaker 3: Lion British Columbia Lions, go Canada on them, come on and then you can Then you could just pick any NFL team that gets hot. So I'm a Lions fan exactly, but my fantasy guy, my best fantasy guy. Then you go with the best team.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Or you could just go out to your ocean. If you see Killer Will. You're a Seattle fan.
Speaker 2: And Jewels just.
Speaker 10: Wanted to say thank you for your show because you have no idea how much it has gotten me through.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, divorce, Julian.
Speaker 10: And your show really got me through a lot of things. So thank you. And I guess my question to you would be what's your favorite Asian food and what countries in Asia would you like to visit?
Speaker 3: Oh, I love this question. Favorite Asian food that's very tough.
Speaker 2: Is Asian like the same as Chinese.
Speaker 3: So Asian is all like it is either Japanese Chinese, it's the Asian continent. I mean technically India could be thrown in there too, because they're technically Asian. So like Vietnam, you go to this, you know, South Asia, you get like Malaysia, Philippines are Asians. I am partially. I grew up in the Bay Area, so I love I love Chinese food. I love Chinese food, American Chinese food, at whatever they want to call it. I love we love potstiagars, and I love Japanese food. I love ramen, I love sushi, I love gioza. But Chinese food, like where I grew up in the Bay we always had we had flower dram and suhong.
Speaker 1: Those were like my favorite.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love Thai food too because then they throw a little that basil in there. And I like their curry better than I like Indian curry. Like you know, but even Japanese also has curry. But when I'm in the Japanese I keep it to the steak or the I'm in or the guilloza or sushi.
Speaker 2: I love all types of curries, no doubt about that. Same with sushi. I was never really a sushi guy growing up really weird, you know, like sushi like eh, like raw fish. I was not a big fan until I got into the NFL and then a couple of my teammates introduced me to sushi and then I fell in love with it my first time I had it, and they had to trick me in order to get me to eat the sushi as well, and then once I did, I was like, whoo, head over heels for it. But if orange chicken counts, does that count as Asian food? Julian orange chicken? I mean maybe it's kind of it's like an outskirt of Asian.
Speaker 3: I think it is, but I don't know. I don't want to sound wrong and say it is.
Speaker 2: But if orange chicken counts as Asian food, I mean, I love your history lesson and on all the you know continents.
Speaker 1: And countries, countries on the contry.
Speaker 2: You know have Asian food. That was really cool to hear. But if orange chicken counts, well, that mine's orange chicken by far.
Speaker 1: It's It's one of my favorite dishes. It's a great dish. Also, I'm dying to go to Asia. I have never been to Asian I want to go to Japan. I want to go to South Korea. I want to go to Seoul. I want to go to uh I would love to go to China. There's some crazy fat I know it's kind of like a there's a little shit going right now, but I think China's fascinating.
Speaker 3: I want to see the wall. I want to see all like those crazy cities. I want to go to Thailand. I want to go to I want to go to all Asia. I think I'm Hong Kong. That looks like a fucking awesome city.
Speaker 2: I want to go to a blue zone in Japan. And a blue zone is where the people live like all over one hundred years old and it's like known for a very healthy environment. I just want to pick up their skills and traits and what they do and what type of lifestyle they live and why they live for so long as well. So Japan, a blue zone in Japan would be really cool. We should do as well.
Speaker 3: We should we should go somewhere in Japan, like in the old old area where like they still like trained samurais and it's not like really civilized or something. There's probably like some you know, like the and just like live their way. I want to do like what they did in like Kickboxer or what was it a was a kickboxer where he went and lived with Now I don't know if that was Japan, but I want to go to Japan.
Speaker 1: I want to do that and study with like the old.
Speaker 3: Country, kind of like what's the Tom Cruise movie Last Samurai.
Speaker 1: I want to go do that now.
Speaker 2: Mandarin Chicken, I love that as well too. I think that's Mandarin Chicken questions for you.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering if you would ever do a Dudes on Dudes Alive like you did with James Food Names.
Speaker 9: I think that would be fun.
Speaker 2: That's an excellent idea. It would be hilarious. It would be excellent for all our fans to come see us live. So that's one of the best ideas I've heard in a while. We definitely do need the Dudes on Dudes Live. We do with some fans because I feel like that brings the best out of us too, and we have a crowd the energy the fans bring to the table as well. When we did that Games with Names, where was that at what theater again in Boston? The Welber Theater in Boston, Like it brought a whole new perspective to podcasting and it just felt right and felt real that the crowd that was there brought the energy, clapping, cheering for us, excited whenever a new player came out. So that's a great idea. We have to go live eventually, Julian, Yeah, we got it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. I mean I like that.
Speaker 7: What's up, guys, love the podcast. This is Mike from the great state of North Carolina.
Speaker 4: I got a question for Jules.
Speaker 7: Jules, you West and Danny combined the best attributes of the three of you to make me a super beast mode slot receiver. Little white guy you Danny West, let me know the best attributes to one that you wish you could combine together to make.
Speaker 1: A superhuman easy hands.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Wes's release in my explosive ball in hands.
Speaker 2: Ability that's a deadly duel or deadly my explosiveness and ball and hands, that's a deadly player right there.
Speaker 1: Had insane hands. Don't have some of the best hands he.
Speaker 2: Did, and he was clutched too in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Wes's releases, like remember his little release game. He had such short little steps where the guy could be a yard off of him. He could get like four steps in from him, make him flip his hips, and he was really good at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could never play man coverage press against him because he would just get right around the guy and just make him look silly. West was so good. And the release explosiveness just to get around the guy on that release was just phenomenal. And then you add those skill sets, and then how about you put that skill set in my body jewels. Just imagine that type of player right there. That's a ninety nine rating on Madden. If you ask me that'd be that's twenty five touchdowns a year, beating Randy Moss's record.
Speaker 1: They probably would.
Speaker 2: So Gronx's body, my body with Wes's release, Danny's hands.
Speaker 1: And what was your my bow skills or run skills?
Speaker 2: Oh, your run skills, your ball skills, explosive run while running?
Speaker 1: Yeah, strength lower strength, And what about your mentality? Mentality?
Speaker 2: I want that too. My body, relentless, never give up, always fighting for the actual yard. Someone's coming for my job. All right? Next question?
Speaker 1: Next question, Hi.
Speaker 5: Ashlee from Kansas City. My question is I am recently single and trying.
Speaker 9: To educate my trubles.
Speaker 2: All these ladies to get voicemail.
Speaker 5: So many weird rules and wingo and stuff. So what are some words or what are some things that I can say, wall, I'm watching a football game potentially impress a future date. Thanks.
Speaker 2: I'll go first. When someone scores a touchdown, just see how.
Speaker 1: Crocs fike that ball exactly.
Speaker 2: I'll give you tons of bonus points.
Speaker 3: Or if there's ever a flag, just just just blame the ref.
Speaker 1: It's like, what the heck's the ref doing? Anytime? Or just say that could have been holding.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Just say that anytime there's a flag that's holding, because there's holding on every single play.
Speaker 1: Then in the NFL, what else?
Speaker 2: When someone makes a catch your screen, first.
Speaker 1: Say it looks close? Just a lot of like that looks close.
Speaker 2: If it's questionable, just yeall review the play, review the play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if anything's ever questionable, just say, man, I wish they could review that play. And if they can, then it'll make you Oh they can, and then it'll create a conversation. But if they can't, then it'll create another well you know, like sweetheart, they can't. They can't review penalties, and then it gets you into some more conversation. And if then you can judge the person on if he helps you or he doesn't help you.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 2: And then if someone kicks the football and it goes through a yellow post that looks like this. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: That's all you need to know.
Speaker 2: You'll be a genius.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 3: Now let's get into the Chillis Dude of the Week, brought to you by our favorite beer, cores Light.
Speaker 1: Get cors Light delivered right to your door. Visit Coreslight dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash dudes, and remember celebrate responsibly. Now once again, another wild batch of voicemails keep boom coming.
Speaker 2: I'm a loving on voicemails for it.
Speaker 1: We have one more though, the chill Is Color of the Week.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hear it, let's hear it, Come on, bring it on, bring.
Speaker 11: Yo the hell Jewels and Gronk, Can you guys talk about some more crazy ship that like went on in the dressing room and stuff. Sick of hearing about boring ass NFL stats we all know about, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Boys?
Speaker 11: All right? And can gronk fucking beer or something?
Speaker 8: Thanks?
Speaker 11: Boys?
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's gotta be a Boston guy just bringing the juice right here.
Speaker 1: Sound a Canadian to me. He had that he had that, well, it could be a hockey guy in Massachusetts. Okay, we need to do you need a beer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I can shock on a beer, no doubt about that. But he's sick of hearing about our born ass NFL stats. We don't even really talk stass boy. We just talked about, you know, the skill sets of players and what they bring to the table. We're just sick of your ass. How about you. We're sick of your your voicemail, buddy. But I understand. I'm still going to respond on I think he.
Speaker 1: Was he I think he was giving us kudos.
Speaker 2: Rob, he was giving us.
Speaker 3: He was giving us kudos that everyone else talks about stats, but we give fun stories and with the real stuff going on in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Is oh see, sometimes it is chill. Thank you, chill, Thank you for clarifying. I like this guy now, Yeah, he likes our show because it's not about the NFL stats. It's about what the player brings to the table. I like this guy a lot. Sorry about the confusion, man, and for that, I'll pound this beer for you. I'll take a nice sip. Brought to you by cords light. It's nice and chill, it will go down smooth. But also I gotta answer this question as well. He wants to hear shit like what went on in the dressing room and stuff. I mean, like like what kind of shit do you want to hear that that went on in the dressing room? Like like, putting the NFL jersey on is the hardest fucking thing to ever put on in the whole entire world. And sometimes that's tougher to put the freaking jersey on than actually play the game so hard. Yeah, there like three guys. I'm pulling on you, telling you since since I've been tackled like twenty times like in my career, like buy my jersey. Like so then the equipment managers and the equipment staff's like, all right, we got to tighten up that jersey because on tackle by the jersey. So then the jersey gets tighter and tighter and smaller and smaller. I'm telling you, it takes like three people to put that jersey on. It's the biggest pain in the ass. You get, uh, you get cuts as well from the shoulder pads because it's tightening the shoulder pads up. And then you get cuts out of bruising. You get bruised as well. Putting the jersey on it it's the hardest thing to do. And all the football is put that damn game day.
Speaker 3: Can you put this jersey on without pads? Like put it in perspective and then you put on some shoulder pads and they expect us to freaking put a jersey on. But that Yeah, that's that's just another thing that people don't know. NFL jerseys. You see them, they're all tight, they're all tapered to the bodies. They're fucking hell to put on, yeah, and even harder to pull off. Like I remember, I get choked out every time they pull it off because I have to have a guy pull it from behind and there's like a three second like I'm not breathing. I gotta trust that he's gonna pull it off, like thing going, and it's like every time it's it's pretty hard.
Speaker 2: It is. It's really how alright, it's hard. It's hard. Like a dude on Wedday night, I got you there. You didn't know where I was going.
Speaker 1: And that was the chillest dude of the week.
Speaker 3: Thanks to our favorite beer Corps Light get Cores delivered straight to your house, your door. Visit coreslight dot com, slash dudes and celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: Responsibly.
Speaker 3: Well, that's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. What could we have done better next time?
Speaker 2: Oh? We need more voice mails? We need a lot more voicemails. Yeah, and we need to give a more thorough answer to these fans out there. I think we gave a pretty good answer, but let's give even more thorough answers out there, because without the fans are one and feat Dudes on Dudes, and we appreciate you fans, So we want to answer your voicemause and we want to give you the most thorough answers that we can give. We need, Yes, thoro, that's how we That's how we can do better.
Speaker 3: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, amas on Music, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Give us a five star rating on Spotify and comment a dude you want us to do and remember to file Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, as TikTok, and snapchat. We will see you all week. Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.