Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in the rub.
Speaker 3: Dub Dub and the tub tub Tub.
Speaker 2: We have an exclusive, an exclusive special guest here today.
Speaker 3: I heard it here first.
Speaker 2: You already here first, because we have been trying to get her in the scrubbing in chair for a while now, long time.
Speaker 1: We have we've put we have sent feelers out for months.
Speaker 3: And dates for different dates, and the date has come. She's a busy gal, busy gal, corporate gal, corporate gal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also a como for the Gatagar wedding.
Speaker 3: I think you can turn on your microphone.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, Hello, we were just saying how the few times you've been on you've actually filled in for me. So I haven't gotten to I know, a favorite person.
Speaker 4: So this is sorry to.
Speaker 2: Certain of strong.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'm really happy to be here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: No, who is your old favorite person?
Speaker 4: You're still my favorite?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you're just at it.
Speaker 4: I feel like that Sophia's like but beyond me.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, I need to figure that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then I'm getting it. I've been around Sophia in my mind. I've been around her a lot.
Speaker 1: Of times, I know, But I feel like what I realized also to throughout this whole process is like you guys have all come to different things, like if I have a birthday dinner, you all come. If Taco Tuesday bits and pieces, not everybody there, but like you've all been in the in the mix, but like it hasn't been so full on and like less people involved, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: See, I i'te disagree to really yeah, but I but it was different because I was like talking to her without you do you know what I mean? Like the problem no no, no, no, no no no, the cancer is coming out. No, as in like we were talking every single day, like just and I planning your bachelorette like coming together and the secrets and the planning. And I think it was like a different level of bonding that was not in a bad way, separate to like hang out with.
Speaker 2: You, well in a great way. There's there's always a party setting, so there's it's loud. Yeah, there's a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's like just just second.
Speaker 2: But I think the thing is I always knew, Like I was always like, I love Paulina. I never say didn't think that. I just didn't know you at it at a certain level, a deeper level.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: But I think with Sophia, I literally I feel like I don't know her.
Speaker 1: After the trip, I was like, I love Yeah, She's.
Speaker 4: One of those that like you have to spend time with her to like really get to know her, and then she's actually like so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people just don't know that like side, that fun side to her. Yeah, And she is very motherly, weirdly enough, and she she was her house.
Speaker 2: Mom on The Bachelor and kept us on time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love that about her, Like I literally love that about her. It's one of my favorite things because I feel like, like I remember when we went to go visit her for her birthday and she like made all of us a key to the apartment, and I was like, that's something.
Speaker 3: I was like, Oh, like it's so nice.
Speaker 2: That's really thoughtful.
Speaker 3: But do you know what I mean, Like, oh, that's so nice that you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: She thinks, like all of them, she thinks ten steps ahead, like maybe if we come home at different times, people will need a key, you know, yeah, I would never think.
Speaker 3: That far ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah she's she's smart one, Yeah, she's on.
Speaker 2: Top of it. So we did. Our first plan of action was planning the bachelorette together, and people.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, just kidding, I'll say that engagement, but like that wasn't really it was like our first like secret that we knew.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah you and I was yeah yeah, And people were wondering what what the best and worst part of being coma with me? Has been?
Speaker 4: Best and worst? Start with the best, Okay, the best. And I've said this to everyone I know, don't let anyone tell you Becca till he is lazy. That girl is so on it, so thorough, so thoughtful. So everything I'm looking at you, I don't even.
Speaker 2: Be says I you tell are you telling people I'm lazy?
Speaker 3: You're lazy?
Speaker 2: I can say, are you telling people?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I say it on the podcast.
Speaker 4: The best part was getting to with you and like really get to know each other on like a deeper level. And we just had so much fun planning it too, and like came together so quickly and just like there was some like things got outed and like the planning and the phone calls and the face times and like the million text threads. It was just really fun planning everything. I think the worst part, I don't think.
Speaker 2: There was the worst part. You gotta pick one, just like wondering if I, oh, no, she's like I was not gonna say.
Speaker 4: She sometimes would take long to answer a text. Yes that I know that quick answer?
Speaker 2: Really what on what?
Speaker 4: Just sometimes I had to really dig for one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you were probably better than I don't understand.
Speaker 3: So then what happened about this? Maybe she used it because.
Speaker 1: You and a lot of text threads that I'm on with you takes you a long time to respond.
Speaker 4: We had a little bit of time to plan things.
Speaker 3: It was like a quick yeah, was it a time crunch?
Speaker 2: When I when there's a time crunch is when I thrive. But I'm not a I don't plan in advance. I'm not getting everyone keys to the house before they arrive. You know, I'm not on that level. Yeah, but when it's crunch time, I thrive.
Speaker 4: And you really did thrive.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, but we were all like all the same page with that, but we crushed crush.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: No notes, not one note, no notes, no notes.
Speaker 4: About us to really we feeled it. Yeah, yeah, literally literally, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: People were messaging me after the bacherette and they were like, what may are I can't remember they worded it in such a way they were like how like why was it so like so like why did you have so little girls? And I was like that's all I wanted, Like I I feel like every bacherette that I've gone on as like a guest to a bachelorette, there's always weird dynamics involved in everything, and like the bride is responsible for like making sure they're comfortable and that group is comfortable and everybody's like thing. And I was like, I just want a simpatico, an easy, manageable number. And I feel like you guys kept saying that the whole weekend. It was like easier to plan.
Speaker 3: You get like one car on table.
Speaker 4: Very strongly about this too, yeah, because I felt like it's what you have been saying that you really wanted, was like have your best friends in one space because it never happens, like we're never all together. And Beck and I kind of put our foot downe on that, like keeping it small and tight to really give you your dream weekend. But I think it's what made it so special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because and I just know it just as like being a spectator in other bacherette parties. I was like, I just know, I don't want that. I don't want that feeling. That weekend, I literally just want to be it just wanted to be easy breezy, and it was literally easy breezy, like I felt like the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's also it was quick, so it gave us a chance to all bond without you feeling like you had to accommodate a lot of personalities or people who maybe were.
Speaker 1: Literally had fun the whole time. Yeah, I have to do any anything.
Speaker 4: And I think because we also all know each other, there wasn't anything like awkward meetings or like the high school friend the college friend post college friend, Like yeah, we just all already like we knew it wasn't gonna be great going in. I think it's like it's hard expectations.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think so too.
Speaker 2: I wasn't ready to go home. It's just rare normally I'm like, I too.
Speaker 4: Another night could have been like good, you kind of went downhill that last day I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I could have come back pull through. We could have pulled through. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if there was one more night, we probably wouldn't have drank.
Speaker 3: Like, I think we would have didn't.
Speaker 2: Drink that much though I don't think it was I really, I don't think it was the drinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was surprised you said that on that last podcast.
Speaker 3: If we drink a lot.
Speaker 1: We drank when we got there on Friday, Friday night, Saturday day and Saturday night.
Speaker 3: That's no the whole time.
Speaker 4: But we drank, but we ca Yeah, like no one ever was like we were just you were just fouring shots.
Speaker 2: Though one night you are just like.
Speaker 4: Another another anything about me and we'll be pouring tequila shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone asked, what do you think the alcohol level will be for the wedding weekend?
Speaker 4: What did you say this weekend?
Speaker 2: Balls to the wall?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we're gonna I mean we're in Mexico. Yeah, I think we're gonna have so much fun.
Speaker 2: But the whole thing with up until the balls to the walls comment, Donya has been like I really have to take it easy the night before the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was surprised by that comment not gonna light to you.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 1: When I have too much alcohol the next day, I'm like a little bit slumbery, A little bit, yes, So what I want I want to make sure that I don't blow my load on Thursday night and then Friday, I'm like so slumbery, right.
Speaker 4: But that's contradicting my balls the walls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know, So I gotta figure that out.
Speaker 4: I think you should just take it easy, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: And the wall is Friday and Saday.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And like you don't want to be like hungover on your wedding day or like feel right bloated or slumbering.
Speaker 3: Slumbery is really the word is slumbery?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to make hangover sound nice? It's not hangover.
Speaker 1: It's not hangover. It's just like tired. It's like tired and fatigued.
Speaker 4: That's a hangover.
Speaker 1: Slumbery's called the hangover, but there's no headache involved.
Speaker 3: There's no like, ugh, I need water, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Water?
Speaker 3: Okay, I sleep I need to be like Warzon.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you could go balls the walls as long as you can sleep in on Friday, correct saying, I don't know if I want to test that theory because I think you're I think this is like you trying to convince yourself that nothing better than a juicy, kosher chicken, and this this is feeling similar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm going to just nurse one drink that night rehearsal dinner.
Speaker 4: It's also the girl that came back from the Bachelor ry and was like, I'm never drinking again, and we never got drunk.
Speaker 3: I got drunk. I got drunk.
Speaker 4: When Friday.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about dinner after the boudoir she I think you were sick from out slubbery.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I am going to have a great time, but I think you need to take it easy up until the actual day day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that might be our job to like, I.
Speaker 4: Think so too. I was like, hey, Paulina, why don't you like talk to her later when she said that whole comment about like going ham and I was like, I'll reel her in later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we'd be just giving her like soda water with yeah, like.
Speaker 3: Or like acting like it's real. Okay.
Speaker 2: I think we might have to like step up and be just like on top of that.
Speaker 3: I agree Mommy and Daddy.
Speaker 2: Mm mmm, No, I feel like I don't know the story of how y'all met. Oh my goodness, I don't think I know how y'all met.
Speaker 4: So it was a eleven years ago at a.
Speaker 3: Radio Disney Music.
Speaker 4: Award, Sophia's first one, like before Descendants yeah came out or anything.
Speaker 3: Yes. So I was there with.
Speaker 1: Uh, like a record label person, and he sat we were just like coincidentally sitting next to Pauline and Sophia, and he left because he was obviously doing like five hundred things backstage, and he was like, oh, meet Pauline. You guys will be great friends. Yeah, and just walked away and like literally left me, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like okay.
Speaker 1: And then we just like started like talking the whole show, jamming out to like all the performances. And then I think we realized that like we lived close to each other or like somewhat close to each other.
Speaker 4: I was still in college, like I was still at LMU in school.
Speaker 1: And then it really started happening because we started working out together.
Speaker 4: We went to boxing together.
Speaker 3: After my friendships start really in the in the in the g y M.
Speaker 4: Correct and then the rest is kind of history. We would to go to like Coral Tree after the gym every day and.
Speaker 3: I would hit on our trainer.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait what year was this though?
Speaker 3: It was when I was living next to you.
Speaker 4: No, before, it was before Becka moved in.
Speaker 2: I moved in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: It was the dates that you get remember.
Speaker 4: Two thousand, like fourteen, because I had just moved I moved to La Yeah yeah, fourteen. Yeah, it was eleven years ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, wow, yeah.
Speaker 4: A long time ago.
Speaker 2: It was just a bonding.
Speaker 4: It was just on her left kind of instant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally instant.
Speaker 1: And it was so funny because Sophia had had she filmed Descendants.
Speaker 4: I think they had filmed, but it hadn't come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they were like, she's gonna be in this movie, to send this Disney movie, and I'm like, you know, and then it turns out that this Disney movie turns out to be like high Musical of the New Generation, which I thought was so funny.
Speaker 3: And I remember we got these.
Speaker 1: Like uh, we were at E at the time, and we got these like delivery. They're like apples, candy apples and they had like all the cast photos on them, and I was like, hey, that's my friend I met at a The Right Disney musical.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, movie might be a big deals with their face on it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Was that Sofia's first big role? Yeah, like that was like that was.
Speaker 4: A thing that like kind of catapulted her career. She had like smaller roles before that, but yeah, that was like the big, the big one.
Speaker 2: What was that like for you? Like being the little sister watching because you know it's your siblings, are your best friends do things, but you know them, like even Haley. Sometimes I'm like I watched people freak out and I just think of her home with me, and I'm like, oh, yeah, it's so weird.
Speaker 4: And people always ask me like, what's it like having her as a sister, and I'm like, I don't know much as just my sister. I do think that when it all kind of happened, it was very weird to see like close family and friends mainly like acting differently. And I was like, but she hasn't changed. Her job is just on a screen. So it was a bit weird for me to see people reacting so like strongly or like fans would like die over her, and I'm like, huh, I understood it, and I was so proud, and I you know, like I've she was born this to be her career. So like when you know someone wants something so badly and then success is rare, you know what I mean, especially in that industry, So for her to actually achieve what she wanted to and still is. From that perspective, I was so proud and happy and thrilled. But it is weird to like see this person that like I live with her and I know this like other side to her that like I'm like, she's just like a nerd, Like she was always like the nerd in school. She's so smart, like highest GPA, like went to UCLA and teacher's total teacher's pet, like loved school, and now she's like on red carpets and it's it's so I know that side of her. Yeah, So it was always a little bit funny to see people's reaction. But I don't know, I think I'm just really proud to be her sister, and I think it's really cool to see our dreams coming true. And we both have very separate lives, like we all we both do our own thing, but it's still weird. People stop her and I'm like, you sure.
Speaker 2: You know this?
Speaker 4: You know that is not that I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I do feel like y'all both have that for each other, like I was. I remember on the boat when we were on the Bachelorette and she's like, come take a picture with me, like all survived, like she. I feel like the pride of having each other as a sister is very mutual for y'all.
Speaker 3: Totally definitely, yeah, yeh yeah.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people were asking because when I found out what you do, because I had for a long the longest time, I didn't know what you did for work. And I remember when you started working with for and started building Tower twenty eight, and I realized your role in it. I was like, this is incredible. So a lot of people were asking how you got started there and what that process is.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, well one, thank you, it's been really cool. So I went to Lame, I got my bachelor's and I I didn't know that my career was a career that I could aspire to have. And I knew I loved beauty, the beauty industry. I knew I loved makeup. I didn't want to be makeup artist. And my mom actually found this like masters's program at FITAM and it was specifically in product development and marketing in the beauty industry. So I did that program and my last semester, my now boss founder of Tower twenty eight, Amy was a guest speaker and she presented this brand she wanted to create and she was like in the middle of like raising money and like figuring everything out. And I left the class and I DM turned out. I was like, I will at your coffee. I want to intern for you, I want to work for you. I want to learn from you. And I ended up being one of her first interns and then first turned first employee. And I'm still here, so we Yeah, I mean it was me and my coworker Jass, and a few people that are like the OG crew are still there and here we are seven years later. And I I mean there were three people with a lot of different hats in the startup. So I developed most of our products. We obviously had consultants and it's everything's a team effort coming in and out. But I developed the products. I did all of our socials. I kind of you know, did a lot of it with obviously alongside Amy and Jess and our team, but yeah, I'm still there today.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy because like, do you know how many brands and like I don't know the makeup space, but like just in general, like no, none, My entire face is brought to you by Tower twenty eight because just tells me what to use and where to use it. So like, if you like what's going on here, the majority is I love you, But I feel like there's so many brands that start, you know what I mean, There's so many, like you said, startups, and this one is now Tower twenty eight is like it's massive, and I just feel like that's also very rare, Like.
Speaker 4: That's entirely right, Like I a lot of startups fail, most do Yeah, I mean if you think of support, like there's a lot, but there's not that many compared to how many are in the world and how many people are launching and now with TikTok it's daily, there's nothing else that's a viral or coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, the Tower twenty eighth story is such a rare success story. So and my mom always tells me, like success is rare enjoy it, and I really, I mean Amy and I always talk about how we just did not expect this. You hope, right, you hope and you dream for this to be everything you want it to be and bigger, but we really did not think that it would become what it has become. And I'm just really grateful to have have the experience that I have to like literally name a brand, pick the Pantones. Yeah, go to the first Sephora call to now or like this.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so crazy, the one of our the first meetings that we had about the wedding. Paul Oh, actually, you know what, it's actually really great. It's a really great thing that she did for our first wedding meeting. But I'm gonna save it for a while.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 2: Wow off after crazy tease.
Speaker 4: Cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the most graceful, but it got done.
Speaker 2: That's all we needed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was like laughing so much because again, everybody has their strengths and their weaknesses, and I always forget, like how Pauline has such a corporate job and like knows all these things. So our first wedding meeting, we like roll up to the like in the coffee shop and she like pulls out this what was an excel?
Speaker 3: What was her presentation?
Speaker 6: Word present No, I had like an excel she like made out for her with like do dates and deadlines and.
Speaker 3: What's the pantone name color of the wedding.
Speaker 1: I'm like, the who's it?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be white.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Know, like the green that you guys are going for, Like what's the pan tone. I'm like, what is a pantone?
Speaker 4: She was like already what that is? And I was like, like the color code, like it has to be a specific green so everything is cohesive, and she was like I don't know green.
Speaker 2: And I like figured it.
Speaker 4: I got the pantone for her. I had a whole thing spre.
Speaker 1: Then I kept just like taking her whatever word presentation and just like kept forwarding it.
Speaker 2: That's the nicest thing she could have done for you. Yeah, you probably were just sending that to every vendor, every vendor.
Speaker 3: Here's my power preson.
Speaker 4: Also they used are like merch like our Tower twenty eight merch vendor that we use, and I like connected them. We had a whole Yeah, a separate Excel sheet for this.
Speaker 2: I love it though, Yeah, you're so good at it. I didn't know that about you until we started doing The Bachelor and me, that's like, I just don't.
Speaker 4: Have to be honest. You know, I'm like the most Type B person there is, but yet I think my job has made me a little Type A in that way where like everything has a deck and an Excel sheet and a process. And I actually made one for the Bachelorette trip and Sophia and I both go, we don't have excel, so no one ever opened it. Let me tell you, it is so detailed, but no one. That night, I go to Sage. I was like, did you open it? She goes, I don't have that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. And I was like, oh my god. When when you were talking about product development, do you have a product that you were part of the development process that you were most proud of?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, Like, is there one where you were like I did that?
Speaker 4: I do, I definitely do. I think the early like the first ones I ever developed, so like Shine on our Lip Jelly, Yeah, yeah, I definitely felt like it was one of those where like Amy and I'm forever grateful to her for this, she kind of like threw us on the deep end and said go. And I had this like notes page and I would just write down like in a meeting, like if I didn't get something, I'd just like write it down on a notes page and then like go. When I went home, out researched it because I was like, what are they talking about? And she was like, Okay, we're gonna make a lip jelly. It was actually a lip oil back then, like go to the lab and I was like what, So I think developing lip jelly with Amy, like I've had no idea what I was doing in the moment, and it's still our best selling and it's like top at Sephora. So I think that definitely is one I'm really proud of because I also just felt like it was. It was also my first one. And our Beach Please Are Cream Blush the Shade Magic Hour. We were in a Sephora meeting and one of our merchants called it the orgasm of clean beer. Wow reference orgasm as in the NAR's blush that's like no one can top it. And I was like, I'm good, I can retire. That's all I had to hear. So I think those two am really proud.
Speaker 2: You're like write that on your resume. Orgasm dupe, dupe exactly. Yeah, Yeah, that's what I mean. I just am. I was blown away when we were doing the planning the Bachelorette because she was like, Paulina was like, let's make some cute sweat sets for us to all travel it and she was designed and she was sending them so fast. I was like, where are you finding these designs? It was like a butterfly with a string connecting the butterflies.
Speaker 3: I'm like, invisible string connecting them?
Speaker 2: Did you find where are you finding this? So it wasn't it? That was very impressive to me. The corporate life in me comes out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a chip that I don't I do not have.
Speaker 4: I honestly, I don't think I had it. I think I was always get it, you know as in like I think when you're in that environment, you don't really have a choice and you're like trained a certain way right and right everything has to be a certain way. And to be fair, like we're more casual at Toower twenty eight, we're still we still act a little bit like a startup, but yeah, there's like a process there's decks, there's Excel sheets, there's agendas to meetings. You know, everything is like very set in stone. So I think it's you're trained almost to be that way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just like your job. If you were like, this is what I have to do and you told me to do it, I'd be like, how do you know how to do this? You just learned.
Speaker 3: I think you'd figure it out.
Speaker 2: You'd figure it out the pantone, you figure out the Paulina. Would you say that you consider Tanya to be your this is capitalized best friends?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the right answer.
Speaker 3: Do you ever answer that?
Speaker 2: Do you ever get jealous when Tanya hangs out with other friends like Becca? No? Healthy your response? Did you expect that you would be made of honor? No?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. I knew that you had, let's to call it three three to four people that you were kind of toggling between, and I knew that our friendship wouldn't. It wasn't hindering on it whether or not I was made of honor, Like, I wasn't gonna like be offended by it.
Speaker 6: I think it can't tell me if if if it was just my sister, I'm gonna get there, okay, if it was just Becca fight, if it was like just your sister, of course not.
Speaker 4: I actually told you one night. I was like, tee, do whatever you want to do, like I will still act as if I am your maid of honor.
Speaker 3: That's what I did. I did what I wanted to do, said f TP.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: The patriot it okay, and I'm going to do my own thing. Yeah, I'm gonna have three.
Speaker 4: I think if it was just Becca would have been a little bit like interesting.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate that answer because I know I know that No, but I wouldn't have like let it affect it. I know, but it would have been a little salciate salty about it because I'd be like, oh, okay, fine, what did I do?
Speaker 4: See I was going, but I would I didn't really please choose Becca, and I wonder were it goes. Honestly, you can do it. I don't really want it, I know, like.
Speaker 2: She she wanted me to want it more, and so I had to start like I don't think I ever pretended, but I was basically like, here's the thing. I know how you want things done, and I think Paulina is going to do that for you in the way that you want it done it and I am happy to simply be a rads maid.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, nobody's just a rads maid. Let me tell you what I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: That Becca has really stepped in and that yeah, sorry, I stepped up. You really did. Yeah, more than you thought you were going to.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people were like, has there been anything where that we disagreed on? And I was thinking about it, and I don't think. I think both of us were at the point where if one of us felt strongly about something, it was just like, okay.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think there was ever a disagreement of like like a tension that I can think of. But I have to compliment you, your sister and your mom because y'all threw one of the most gorgeous, gorgeous parties events that I have been to in a long time, and for Tanya and Robbie, and it was absolutely stunning. Haley and I walked up and the lady goes, just go walk down this path and to the left, the harpist will be there.
Speaker 5: We each other like the hoops, and it was just I was like, is there someone here that can marry these two?
Speaker 1: Because it was literally so We're like walking in and I looked at everything and I was like, oh my gosh, the attention to detail is like what really blew me away? So like it was the invisible string theme themed wedding shower, and so like everything was made on acrylic, so everything was see through, Like the menus were see through, the bar menu was see through, the welcome thing was see through. They had strings tied to all the champagne glasses that said invisible string and her names, everyone's names were an invisible string, and like it was just so much thought and detail and love and I literally turned to robbing and I was like, I feel like this is more thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Than that weddings gonna be.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, I do need to major shout out to Sophia and my mom because I had a hand in it, and like a lot of things were like loosely my idea, but like they really executed, Like the harpist was Sophia's idea, Like my mom flew with all the acrylic things from Miami. Oh yeah, like her like it was really like I don't deserve as much credit. They really deserve full credit here. They really it was incredible and I'm so glad that you loved it.
Speaker 1: And not only did I love it, Honestly I could cry thinking about it. But it was because it was like my immediate family, Robbie's immediate family, and then it was like our chosen family. And it was obviously like everybody's met and everybody's hung out before, but it was in such an intimate setting and like, I want to give Becca a little bit of credit because she gave a speech on the off the cup. People are standing up and giving speeches like off the cuff, and it.
Speaker 4: Felt like such a It got everyone really emotional from the start. And Robbie's mom the next day told my mom like it felt like this like enchanted fairy tale other world because it was it was also fully closed off. Yeah, so we didn't really see the outside world for a few hours and we're just in this little bubble and everyone was just so emotional with such a special like Robbie's son made a speech out of nowhere, like yeah, he was just so sweetn.
Speaker 3: Age she stands up and she goes.
Speaker 1: So pink starboards used to be my favorite stars of the bunge.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, she's going there.
Speaker 2: But no one knew. Looked around, you know.
Speaker 1: Robbie, and I understood and all I cared about. So then she goes onto this whole speech. Becca breaks down in tears, which is very rare.
Speaker 2: I do that when I it's talking in front of people. It's like I get nervous, and then when I'm also talking about something emotional, it like.
Speaker 1: And then she rounds out the speech with so now red starbursts are actually my favorite flavor. And I was like, oh wow, it was poetic poetry, poetry.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because at first I was like, how is she going to circle back to the pink starboards.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to end on that, but everyone started clapping and I was like short to the point.
Speaker 1: And then Sophia I had like the playlist and the harpist was playing like the most thoughtful songs to a relation Mare Morris Like it was just like.
Speaker 2: I felt like it was just a mini wedding.
Speaker 3: It was a mini wedding. It really was a mini wedding.
Speaker 1: It was so so special and I was like so emotional the whole night. And I also just got like I drank champagne, martini, tequila shots.
Speaker 3: I was just like balls to the walls.
Speaker 4: It was so special and I yeah, it's just how much we love you.
Speaker 2: A lot of people thought it was the what people were like, did they get mayor it was just a wedding ceremony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I thought it was.
Speaker 1: It looked beautiful like I'm literally never. I mean, I'm never in my life.
Speaker 2: I love you literally, we're just making one into it. Yeah, it was very special. Speaking of love, A lot of people were wondering about, oh, your love life. But before we get to that, we're gonna take another race.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 4: I think I was giving me the.
Speaker 2: Signals though, ride on time another electric teaser before the.
Speaker 3: Brain click today. Let me tell you a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people were wondering about your love life. All this talk about love and weddings and goodness.
Speaker 4: I am not single, but I do keep that part of my life private.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I am just so excited for, like any of my friends to get engaged, Like I'm like so ready for it. I don't know, I mean looking at around the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, point, I just stare at each other.
Speaker 1: I'm just so excited because I feel like there's something like there's just something so I can't put into words, like how special it is to have like these people that are just so so formative and so close to you spending so much time together, Like it is really and like even like it's so funny because so many people kept coming up to me and like they like want your mom to like my parents want her to come visit them in San Diego, and like yeah, and I feel like I don't know, just I just feel like everybody got so much closer and it's just such a beautiful thing to be a part of that. Like I can't wait for my best friends to experience.
Speaker 4: I will say, like this week and because it was like two events back to back, and the Bachelorette was two weeks ago, it's just it's made me so excited for that phase of life, not that it's anytime soon, but just like it's just such a beautiful thing to your point to see, Like even my mom was saying, like these three families that have never even truly like met, spent that much time, and it just felt like it just became this one big family and it was just so especially like the next day when like Robbie's parents to do that event, like it was just so nice, so nice, so nice.
Speaker 1: And like that was also so cool too because I've never experienced anything. Yeah, there's like a Persian wedding tradition and I've never gone to one, and so for it for my first one to.
Speaker 3: Go to be.
Speaker 1: Very very wild but like so much fun, like just the best time. And it made me realize too, Like it just made me so excited for the wedding because I'm like, it's gonna be it's gonna be all this times too.
Speaker 4: I think I made everyone that's so puffed for the wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Hayley's kind of been like, you know, is it gonna be like a lot of people I don't know, And after the dinner She's like this that made me so excited. I feel like the wedding's gonna be so so much fun. Yeah, And I was like it is. Those are the people, like it's all about the people, and they surround themselves with good people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you are good people.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We stick together.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: People are asking for giving speeches at the while listen wrote my speech. I have timed my speech. This is more minutes and thirty seven seconds.
Speaker 3: Wo. The wow? Was that long or short?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize that part of this. I know the wow that she went to. She thinks so meticulous about exactly exactly right.
Speaker 4: Four minutes seems perfect. Fine. I can shorten it, I can make it longer.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. What I fly sounds likely by Bye.
Speaker 4: Was told to add a few jokes in there, but I'm not a jokey person to do that. Jokes people did, and I was like, oh man, okay, a lot some jokes in there. I did put one in, but it's kind of like calling Robbie out a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think I'll laugh the trigger of it, from the trigger of it.
Speaker 4: From what he wears the bed.
Speaker 2: Oh I heard it.
Speaker 4: No, No, I will leave it for the wedding. But I do. I do have my speech like ninety eight percent ready.
Speaker 2: Wow, dang, I don't don't look at me here. I have not written it.
Speaker 3: Off the cuff. Becca was pretty good, So I mean save that for the wedding.
Speaker 4: You should, Honestly, there's so many more people at the wedding you should started with the Pink Star Wars and it with the Red it's like the perfect I realized.
Speaker 2: Like the people who don't know him as Red Star.
Speaker 3: Wars, it might lay a little flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta I gotta be a little bit more universal. Yeah that's porch. Yeah.
Speaker 4: As I was writing and I was like, oh damn, I know, because you don't want to do jokes, and I'm like, they're not gonna laugh, and I look like I'm not funny.
Speaker 5: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's the hardest thing about speeches. I know, I know, I haven't even written my vows, but well.
Speaker 2: My chat GBT GBT are funny speech from Made of Honor.
Speaker 4: Oh my TikTok searches are. Before I wrote my now, I was like, you see, I was doing research because I didn't know how long they were supposed to be.
Speaker 3: What did it say for four minutes and thirty seconds? She's like, got it done done?
Speaker 4: No, it did say around five minutes. Okay, Yeah, So I kind of kept it under just because there's a lot of speeches I heard, Yes, Robbie's grooms, wos wait, are you.
Speaker 2: Gonna write it down? Are you gonna read off your phone.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna read it off my phone unless printed is better.
Speaker 3: I don't know, totally up to you. I'm zero preference.
Speaker 4: I don't ask my mom.
Speaker 3: I'm may me memorize it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no joking.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have a notebook and pretend like i'm reading. But I'm just I think I'm gonna go off the cap. Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: For a Sophia's album party, I memorized my speech. I've never been more nervous in my life.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: It was like to fifteen people, I was like, never again.
Speaker 1: No, I know, it's pressure to memorize, and also like when you read something it's fucked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I was so concerned with like hitting every sentence that I had memorized. Yeah, never again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, I I don't know what. I don't know how I'm gonna hit navigate that, but I'll know in about three weeks.
Speaker 4: It's gonna come to you. Mine. Just it was the Sunday after the Bachgerette and I was sitting in bed and I was like, oh, I'm gonna write. I'm gonna write it now.
Speaker 3: Dang, it just kind of flowed.
Speaker 1: How would you guys rate me as a bride. Oh but in what sense high strong or bride chilla?
Speaker 4: You think your bride chilla. I don't think you're as chilla as you think. But she's not high but you're not high strung. She's not as high strong as I expected her to be. Same, So I guess anything under that to me is chill for you. But she's like in the middle.
Speaker 2: Where do you feel like she's been not chilla?
Speaker 3: Not chilla?
Speaker 4: I feel like you've been chilling. You've been chilling areas that I did not expect you to be chilling. But then like the batcherette, you were like pretty specific with what you wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but specific is one thing, but like high strong is another.
Speaker 4: I don't think you've been high strung at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: No, No, not high strong, that's a very yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm really curious what it's going to be like once we're there and it's happening, if like all of it's gonna rise to service, right, or if you'll just be I do you're gonna be?
Speaker 4: I think it'll be chill because I think you and Robbie have like a good perspective on like what matters is that like you have your people there and like you guys are happy and it's about the marriage, and I think you guys have like a good perspective on it where I think a lot of people it's all about the details, details and the wedding and the performance and the show of it all, and I think you guys are just really No.
Speaker 1: My biggest fear is that like we're forgetting somebody, like that's my invite. No, no, no, no, because the way we like did the invites, it was kind of like a little bit of a hodgepodge, like we were getting names and addresses from parents like later on than we wanted.
Speaker 2: And having a space for them at the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I'm just worried that like we've missed an RSP somewhere and like that's kind of where my anxiety lies, not in like the is it going to be pretty enough?
Speaker 3: Is it going to be this enough? Like my anxiety is in the like did I.
Speaker 4: Miss some scene for someone?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What are our duties come wedding time? Wedding day?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know. I'm assuming like getting ready with you and making sure that you have everything you need, bringing chalk.
Speaker 2: I heard that's yeah. You can write in the dress. You can chalk the dress and it doesn't ruin it, but it covers scenes.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, chalk, I don't know. I think making sure you're happy that day.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think just that's all I need. Yeah, like get ready with me, don't leave my.
Speaker 4: Side attached at the hip from the get there, which Becca is going.
Speaker 2: A little earlier than me, which is you're in chargeable the time you get there, I'll be like, she's all yours, going to go out by the pool, your own babysitting. That the como, baby, that's what you go to.
Speaker 3: That's I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Don't you feel like nice that you had other people to like lean on?
Speaker 2: And honestly, Sophia, we dubbed her Junior Como because she, yeah, very earned and deserved. She was like really part of making She made the boat day happen. She did the blues, you know, a lot of that was on our Junior Como, and so it's just it was like a fully it was a team effort.
Speaker 1: It was Sophia really does I don't know what the word is because it's like it's not it's not mother. It's like she really really she's kind of like me in that sense.
Speaker 3: She's so thoughtful.
Speaker 4: And then follows with thoughtful.
Speaker 2: No, but I know she is. Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think motherly is the wrong word. I think you and I are motherly. Yes, but she is very thoughtful and like when she planned something.
Speaker 2: She's very intentional everything. I did get to a point where I said, Sophia, if I hear invisible string one more time, I love that. I know I'm not saying she was doing it for, but you weren't around. We were we were doing something in the living room and I was like, I can't hear this jingle one.
Speaker 4: Or I feel like she's also good at like being intentional and thoughtful, but like knowing what for the person why, Like I wouldn't want some of the things that she did, but like she knows that like you would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't want to think that.
Speaker 1: I find that I'd love so much is because like with you, with my friendship with you, I feel like we're very similar with both cancers. We really like we deal with stuff in a similar way. Things hurt us in a similar way. So I feel like you really like understand me, whereas I feel like Sophia and I.
Speaker 3: Are very different, very different.
Speaker 1: So for me, like when she does stuff that like really speaks to my love language, I'm like wow, like that's an effort, you know what I mean, because it doesn't come natural to her. I kind of feel like that way with you too, Like we're so different that the things that you do like really hits, not saying it, It isn't hit with you.
Speaker 3: It's just like you don't get it. You don't get it, you know, like me.
Speaker 1: And so when you do stuff that that is like my love language, I'm like wow, like that was Actually it makes me want to be a better friend and like being more intentional and like thoughtful in that way.
Speaker 4: It's easy to be thoughtful in the way that you want to be thoughtful, yeah, versus like what the person would want.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Yeah, that's true, It do be true. I am so excited for the wedding. I I literally I told Haley when I came back from the Bachelorette, I was like, I am obsessed with Puline and Sophia Raquel, Like we had so much fun. It was such a fun weekend with everybody was perfect, and I was like, she was like, I can't wait for the wedding. If this was how much fun you'll had on the Bachelor, I want.
Speaker 4: My bachorette to be a copy and paste the same people. I just I don't want to change a thing and like do that in a few years we can just go.
Speaker 2: We do I have to?
Speaker 4: That's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I mean we will kind of in a few weeks.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be.
Speaker 2: So I've loved, I've loved I've loved the whole process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want it to end. I'm like kind of sad, Like.
Speaker 1: That's so nice though, because it was so funny. I was listening to Victoria Garrett did a podcast about like or being a maid of honor and like all the duties that come along with it, and I remember listen. I was like listening to it and I was just like, I would be a horrible made of honor if that's.
Speaker 4: Like the noted.
Speaker 1: No, But I feel like I didn't have those expectations on anybody. Like I wasn't as much as I like I joke about it, I wasn't very like militant about like I would throw things out to the group and say like, hey, can one of you, Like, I just need one person for a lot of these things. I wasn't like I need somebody to hear every single thing.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. No, is that how it usually is? Yeah, Like I have nothing to compare it to, Like this year, I'm you're maid of honor and then my cousin's getting married and I'm not technically her maid of honor, but like basically yes kind of. So it's my first time doing it, but I've never been on the other side of it, so I don't really know what the expectation versus well we've done is well.
Speaker 2: I also think it's so dependent on who the bride is, you know, Like I was Alley's made of honor last year, and it was also very chill. It was like I wanted to I wanted to be there for more like the dress things, and then she would just go to San Diego by herself. I'm like, why didn't you tell me? She's like, it's fine, my mom came.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you were like even like you had your lost stress fitting and we were like, oh, we're all.
Speaker 1: Going yeah, and we just just to learn up and everyone's like we'll be there I've.
Speaker 4: Had a call in the back room, so I had roses for everyone. Sonny Wood like, yeah, we're I think we also we want to do the stuff that we're doing. It's not like because we are you're maid of honor, we have to do it.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you all were my best friends before, but I feel like this like took it to a whole other level for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I think personally, I think that it's you know, we know how important this time is for you and how this is You're God willing the only time it happens. And I think it's you know, as your friends getting to watch you go through the process of dating and finding Oh no, I'm tired and not might cry too, but I don't want to. I think being your best friends and watching you go through all the dating, even though it was like fun and for the plot, I know how I think we all know how much this, what this means to you and like finding your person and having the wedding and all these festivity, So I think we all wanted it to feel important and big, even if it was a needing to learn how to zip your dress, you know, I think it was just it's been important to show up for something that you've waited for so long.
Speaker 4: I think, like since we met you, it's really all you've ever wanted is for like this season of life and to meet your husband and start a family and get married. And I think we would be like the worst friends in the world if we didn't put that level of importance on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we love you.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love you guys too a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had some big weekend weekend big weekends.
Speaker 1: Like amazing again, like it's like it's so yeah, but you can still be tired.
Speaker 3: I'm not on my period right now.
Speaker 2: I'm about to be. But you should rest upstill until I think you need to suck.
Speaker 3: That you're about to get your period.
Speaker 4: Goals.
Speaker 2: You should rest up until the wedding, is my como advice.
Speaker 1: Oh, you best believe I will be jeweled. I will be I'm gona try and focus on sleep and.
Speaker 2: Sleep wellness in ten thousand steps a day.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand steps.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's the guys. I can never hit that.
Speaker 2: How long it takes to do that?
Speaker 4: The half No, the only days I've hit it is my marathon training because I was running. Yeah, every other day, I hit maybe two thousand steps in an office, sitting and meetings all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not realistic, I think unless you have a job like Tawny was telling me that she hits like seventeen to twenty a day just her shop is going back and forth on her feet.
Speaker 3: I know that's crazy.
Speaker 2: But if you're just spending time in like just you're simply your intention is to just get two thousands steps, it takes forever.
Speaker 4: Ten thousand steps is four to five miles. Yeah, that's I'll trust me as the person that ran. That's a lot of miles. That's a lot of miles.
Speaker 2: But she said she's gonna try and do it every day until the wedding.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can do it. Gets Sunday, do it?
Speaker 2: Walk down the air one.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're having so much fun with Paulina. It is time to wrap up today's podcast. Oh yeah yeah yeah, but we're gonna ask if you could stay around this week for a Thursday episode.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, come back for a Thursday episode? Wait?
Speaker 4: Really yeah, I gotta check my calendar.
Speaker 2: Guys, there will be a game. There will be questions from scrubbers speaking of you have a best friend. You have a best friend who's a scrubber.
Speaker 4: Oh, Mike, Okay, okay, okay, can I say this story?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay. My good friend slash coworker. Her name is Vina love her. Her best friend is like die hard scrubber. Her name is Alissa, like die hard. Like she listens every single week, knew about me to do you guys, wow, and put it together that like, wait, Paulina isn't a common name. It must be the same Paulina. Anyway, Tea was very nice to do a little surprise meet up with her.
Speaker 1: She had come to visit her friend who works with Paulina. She came to La for her birthday, and so we went. Pauline and I went to the restaurant they were having lunch at and brought her cupcakes and so I got to meet her. We were there for like an hour.
Speaker 4: So sweet, so sweet.
Speaker 3: She said she's more of a Becca, yeah, which I was like.
Speaker 4: And Veena is more of a Tanya, Like Veena's more like us, and Alyssa is more like you and Becca facetimed.
Speaker 3: Her yeah and met her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She was so cute.
Speaker 4: She made it so cool.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you she did everyone always plays it cool, and I'm like, I respect it. You know.
Speaker 4: She was so happy and it really is a testament to both of you, like Tea did not have to do that, and you did not have to pick up the phone and like take the time. And I really know, I do think it's so special that you guys are always willing.
Speaker 3: You tell me there's a big scrubber where.
Speaker 4: But not everyone's like that and bring it to her. And I was like, Tea, like I do, are you freeing? She was like, on it, let's do it.
Speaker 2: We're the cupcakes.
Speaker 3: I'll be there and I was like, I was on Balentine's Day too.
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 2: Lissa, Wait, a lot of people are saying, are you a Becca Tanya what? She kind of answered that, and I'm I'm fascinated by this.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: I am Tanya.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, I am a Tanya. But I'm kind of in the middle. Yeah, I think so, I'm not as Tanya as Tanya, but I'm definitely not a Becca. Dude, and I feel like I'm in I'm in a spectrum.
Speaker 2: You are a Tanya with a Becca cuss with a wing Becca.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am a Tanya wing Becca an Tanya wing Becca. Yeah, okay there, Yeah, I think I'm an enneagram eight.
Speaker 2: Oh I just got what I was. I think you've taken the test of different answers. But yeah, all right, good.
Speaker 4: To know people you've heard that first, like the best case scenario, like right in between.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, we say all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, if I could just have a little more Becca and she could have a little more Tanya.
Speaker 2: It'd be like a really, I have a little because I'm in I'm Datana.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe you're the perfect blend.
Speaker 4: Of both of you, both of us. Oh, I love that. What a compliment our love child. You're a child. Can I be the scrubbing in child?
Speaker 2: Yeah, scrubbing in child. And check your calendar if you're available for a Thursday episode.
Speaker 3: She's in the time.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll be back on Thursday with more from Paulina. We have a game, We have questions, all the things you could ever want. Love you, somebody love you. M hm.