Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love hanging with you guys and Rich and for DPA. The Bushwhackers are here.
Speaker 3: Heay.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you saw us on TV this weekend. If not, you gotta see the clip at Covino and Rich. But I'll play along at home. Check us out at Covino and Rich on social media, hit us up on x again at Fox Sports Radio, or call eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox Iowa. Sam is on the Xylophones today, Sam. Hey, Sam, you know Sam, I was talking about you over the weekend, right really yeah, good things for once, and but you can tell us what you're saying. Yeah, well, just gonna tease it. But I was just like, you know, Sam, I was trying to describe you to somebody that you met, Like I'm not sure I met him. I'm like, yeah, you met him. She's like, oh, is he the one with the fuzzy head in the glasses, fuzzy head. I'm like, goh, yeah, that's him. Yeah, I sold fuzzy head. Yeah, cottinheaded uh, Ninny was it Muggings, Ninny Muggins, that's Sam cottheaded Ninny Muggins. Sure, and super producing is Danny g At eight seven seven ninety nine ms Fox, the smoothest voice in radio, and he's getting ready for Last One Standing. He's our host of the game we're playing later, So if you want to win some prizes, stick around, fun game. We're going at it right here on the Cavino and Rich Show. Now before we get back to Isaiah Thomas, because I got thoughts on this guy. Our buddy Jay Stu, producer of The Doug Gottlieb Show, hit us up. Based on Last Hour. We talked about the idea of everyone just relying too much on their phone, and it was a really fun conversation. If you missed it, it'll be on the podcast later. It's based on the Masters and everything we saw over the weekend. Everybody engaged. When you see people fully in the moment instead of everyone having their phone out. He reminded me of a tweet from a couple of years ago that he put out there, which is in a sea of phones, look at this one guy. It's a Lakers game and Lebron's taking a big shot and everyone's got their phone aut except one old guy in the front row who's just watching. And you envy him. There's like a sense of like he doesn't care.
Speaker 3: He's in the moment. I feel like that was the founder of Nike. If I'm not mistaken, Phil Knight. Isn't that the famous Phil Knight? Wasn't that when Lebron was gonna break the scoring record?
Speaker 4: Just like I've seen it all, I didn't see to watch this with my own eyes, rich thought it was Leslie Nielsen.
Speaker 2: Wait, does not Phil Donahue.
Speaker 3: Leslie's been departed for a while now.
Speaker 2: Richard saw some dude with white hair. Wait, wait a minute, By the way, you just need the two best guys with white hair. I think ever Leslie Nielsen and Phil donaho he had the same Coop Phillips, Steve Phillips, former GM. He's got a coff so good white hair right there. Isaiah Thomas spoke on behalf of Lebron spoke out on Lebron over the weekend. Again, everyone's excited about the new Lebron. James Barbie Doll, A lot of people talking about bronni James starting over the weekend scored four points dneg What were your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: That was cool to see the I was gonna say the word scrubs. Oops. It was nice to see the bench warmers get to play in that final meaningless game against the Blazer.
Speaker 2: Can't you remember any better than scrub I don't know, some old mamba shoes if you saw that. And then the one.
Speaker 3: Vet Mark Keith got to have some playing time, probably the best vet in all of the NBA.
Speaker 2: But Isaiah Thomas was talking about how strange it was to see Lebron James warming up with no shirt on, just no shirt on out there and some sweatpants taking shots breaking the sweat Here's what he said on NBA TV.
Speaker 5: I just totally one hundred percent object to this, and it was a gm of Coochy Drew. I would never let one of my players walk out on the floor looking like this. I mean, we are professional an be a league.
Speaker 2: We ain't.
Speaker 5: We ain't summer league.
Speaker 2: We ain't. We ain't you know at the y m c A.
Speaker 5: I think coaches got to go back to suits relutely, you know. I just I just think, I just I just think the professionalism and all NB A league has diminished so much. And and I look, I like Lebron, I'm a fan of here and so forth and so on, but to walk out on the floor before a game with no shirt on and shoot, I mean, come on, man, this where we at, what we're doing, where we at now? If you want to Adam Silva, if you want to find somebody.
Speaker 2: Time that and if you look through all the comments, because it was a viral clip over the weekend, very polarizing discussion and a lot of flak for Isaiah Thomas us like professionalism. This guy is talking about professionalism. Guy who tried to take Jordan out. You know, a lot of people coming at him because of his sentiment his comments here. But in a way I really agree with him.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Can you mad about it? That's the thing. It's Lebron James. He's sort of earned a right. But Lebron James also leads by example. So if it wasn't Lebron James, you're still okay with it, That's what I mean, not as not as much, but you know what, I really don't care. And Lebron's ripped. I think that matters. Also, no one else to see if fatso with their shirt off.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: Read by example, and yeah, he's earned the like he's earned the pass where you don't want to like be so knowing. No one complains when someone that's good lookings half naked. Now if it was a you know, but he's trying to go. If it was, you could be mad all you want. We've gotten way too cavalier and way too casual here as a society, and I think a lot of that has to do with, well, what's what's in style? Unfortunately crocs and pajama pants and and also COVID and people working from home and sweatpants. Like, we've gotten way too casual where we're losing a little sense of professionalism. And we never saw Michael Jordan no shirt on on the court like that at the playground. Sure the why sure a rec league, sure, summer league, G league, whatever, the NBA. You should have a sense of professionalism. Why is that a bad thing? Why are you the first guy to always say, well, let me finish. It's a bunch of bonehead fans with beer helmets and tank tops. Yet we have to act like this is like super official. It's a kid's game that adults are getting paid to play because they're supposed to be the elite, and they are supposed to lead by example, and there's an expectation of professionalism in the NBA. You know, I think where Isaiah Isaiah Thomas loses you is when he's talking about professionalism and you know his past is a little questionable, but how angry he sounds in that clip. He's he's you hear him banging on the desk and he's all mad. And I think that's where he loses you, because otherwise I agree, it's not the YMCA, it's the NBA. Put a shirt on, so Lebron James. I'm not mad about it, but I do agree with him. I gotta make that clear. I do agree with him. You know, there's so many times, too rich where we call you out. You're at Fox Sports Radio, and I mean, you look handsome today, but you come in wearing flip flops or sweatpants. I'm like, dude, no one's gonna respect you looking like that. Lebron Change is the leader in the locker room, no shirt on the court. What the whole team's gonna start doing that now? I don't think that's a good look for professional basketball. Let's go to your feedback. I think Isaiah Thomas just trying to get someone to care about what he's saying there. He just sounds mad, and I think that's what rub people the wrong way. Again, I will make the point it might sound rude, but I don't think it is. It depends on what you look like. It really does like, well, unfortunately that's not gonna matter. But guess why I don't go around shirtless not chos as. Guess what, as much as I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, you get a little bit of a dad bod going. So I am not rocking the shirtless look. But I have a buddy who's ripped. That guy's wanting to take his shirt. You ever have that friend who's like itching for the moment to take a shirt of time and place, Dude, it's like a hot girl. I'm all for her showing off the hard work she's put in. Care about Lebron's shirtless shooting three pointers and warm ups? It's not about that. It's about professionalism.
Speaker 3: When you get made into a doll, you no longer care about these things.
Speaker 2: I know, right, He's like, I would do.
Speaker 3: Whatever I want because I am now a ken doll.
Speaker 2: Dude. He's the equivalent of Barbie bro Rick and Tennessee what's something man?
Speaker 7: Well on that whole Isaiah Thomas saying, I thought of a stand up. I thought he's doing a stand up because, first of all, from what I understood, Lebron was the only one on the court. There wasn't people in there yet, and he was just kind of hearing with some warm up shots. I'm that's what I heard, So who saw it? And secondly, I do love when he goes we're professionals, We're NBA professionals. I've been a coach, I've been an NBA I've been a GM and then he starts his grammar goes to hell in a handbag. Dude, why don't you learn to speak if you're a professional, right, because I don't respect Tennisty talks like that.
Speaker 2: I just think it's a slippery slope. That's all my man at Lebron hell no, And if anyone's earned it, it's him putting the work in. Fine. I just think it is a slippery slope because then you're gonna have everybody out there doing that and there it is the NBA. It is the NBA, and you do want to create this at least sense of professionalism. Rich That's all, no doubt. So between that and the doll lebron in the news and you brought up Bronnie. I had one question about Ronnie James. He got the start yesterday, What do you play like thirty four minutes we were at the baseball game, but you know, we saw that and we're like, oh cool. I got to ask four points, correct me if I'm wrong, as often I am. You know, Bronnie James getting his first start, So was that the first time Danny g that he got the star studed like announcement like and now you're starting lineup, So that must have been a cool moment for Bronnie James, Like coming off the bench clearly is a big deal and he's Bronnie James and his debut with dad was national international news, all eyes on Bronnie. We get it. But was that the first time where lights down arena and now the starting lineup? That was the first time he got that shine. So I'm sure that was a cool moment for him. Person Oh very cool. Yeah, I know it was cool. The bench always rooting for him to do well, So no hate there, but it all eats to again the playoff picture that we're really excited for and have to admit root for the Lakers will be I'm rooting for great games. I've been in Los Angeles for about seventeen years now, the loving his Lakers all the time. Definitely not hating on the lake.
Speaker 3: Did you see that stat that the Lakers and Kings in hockey our top four seeds in their conference and will host game one playoff games in the same building in the same season for the first time since nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: How is that possible with the success of both of those franchises. That's wild.
Speaker 3: They zigzag with the seasons they're successful.
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming could we know that means you're not kissing ass as your dad would say, because the Lakers are playing the Tea Wolves and who's a big t Wolf fan? Our boss is a super Yeah. No, definitely not kissing ass. I mean we talked so much Lakers and if I see you text our boss no Wolves, Well, hey, look, am I a Lakers fan? No? Am? I really just rooting for a great battle in a good game. Absolutely, but I'm definitely leaning, okay, leaning like a cholo leaning with the Lakers here, and I wanted to find out exactly what they were Bronnie was wearing. He was rocking those unreleased Kobe's in his first NBA start of the year.
Speaker 3: By the way, the play in tournament mom but Nike Kobe five, Yeah, those are nice. Yeah. Playing tournament starts tomorrow Hawk's Magic and then the second game is the Grizzlies and Warriors.
Speaker 2: Grizzly Warriors. That's Spots, the spots search Tim Grizzly Warriors. So I did want to bring something up based on the Lakers. It was an interesting moment with Ruey, right, Danny g You hit us up with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was awe struck when he saw.
Speaker 2: Bruce Springsteen the boss. I just wrote down Bruce. I was trying to remember who it was. Bruce Covino. Is Ruey from your neck of the woods?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Just a big Springsteams fan.
Speaker 2: But I also know that he's only twenty seven years old, right, born in ninety eight. I'm surprised he gives a Diddley squad about it. Bruce Springsteen, to be honest, because I don't care about Birson. I'm from New Jersey and I don't even care that much. So that was a side story. He made such a big deal about Bruce Springsteen, the Boss was sitting sideline at the Lakers game. So again my first instinct was, I'm surprised he even knows who he is.
Speaker 3: Well, we know that he was born in Japan, so I was wondering, like, maybe Springsteen is huge over there.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's that's a good point, perhaps because I don't know any young man twenty seven years old that would care that much who's a superstar in their own right in the NBA, where there's superstars everywhere, especially in Los Angeles right where there's celebrities court side all the time, and you're awestruck by Bruce Springsteen. Maybe there is something to that, Danny g. Maybe Bruce in Japan is so you tell bigger, You're tell me in the two thousands, when he was growing up in Japan, he was it was not about Jay Z or Beyonce or you know. Yeah, but you know how Germany's into Hasselhoff. Not that Bruce Springsteen's not a big star Heregas, He's a megastar. I'm not trying to downplay the superstardom of Bruce Springsteen again as a Jersey guy. That would be sacrilegious. And I give him all the props in the world. Bruce Springsteen's a legend. He's great. I'm just surprised that a young guy in the NBA who's surrounded by superstars would be that awestruck by an older Bruce Springsteen. The Boston This day and age.
Speaker 3: Look at this research, it says, yes, Bruce Springsteen is very popular in Japan. He in fact played a multi week residency there during his Born in the USA tour in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he grew up, you know, thinking that Bruce was like Elvis or something. I have no idea how he was idolized in his childhood grown up. So either way, that was the story, and it starts making you think, is there anyone in your professional life that can make you crack under pressure? Because it seemed like he couldn't believe it if not a celebrity, I got to ask, who do you feel we give you the most performance anxiety, not in the bedroom, like in life, like professionally, like performance anxiety at your job. Would it be your parents, would be your in laws? Would it be like a good looking woman you had a crush on. Would it be what's weird there? It doesn't even have to be. Sometimes it doesn't have to be people that you're awestruck by or even intimidated by or whatever. There's certain people that just bring out something weird in you where you're fumbling over your words that ever happened to you, Like certain people you just can't really speak to something about their presence. I'll bring up one of your classic stories just because it's it's funny and it's sort of sports related. Camino uggun props was a good ballplayer in high school. Oh yeah, I mean you could be lying with the fake articles you've showed me over the years. It could be good AI a photoshop, but Homer twenty seven, little run change the number every time it's not counting, like picture of the year and the state of New Jersey and you know, all everything basically growing up. But you know, oh yeah, back to the story rich Glory day is there? Oh speaking of Bruce Springsteenlord days, you know the guy he sings about I had a friend was a big baseball player. The guy who threw the speedball right by you passed away last week. Yeah, that was the guy who was a hometown friend of Bruce Springsteen's. I believe David Muir did a story on that Kvino's Right Glory Days. A lot of the lyrics are about Joe Depew, passed away at seventy five, was a childhood friend of Bruce Springsteen, and Bruce Springsteen went to social media to say he could throw that speedball right by it and make you look like a full rest in peace. You know my high school pal Joe Depeugh seventy five. So to tie it all together, Bruce Springsteen give making ruiy Hetremora feel all some type of way on the court. His friend I had a friend was a big baseball player. That guy passed away. Did I not sing it good enough? No? I just wanted to, you know, having a sing off. I didn't know we were going a song for song for long. Okay, you get born to run next. I know. There's a baseball story from All Star Steve Cavino where you saw your high school sweetheart and her family at the Jersey Shore. Was at the Jersey Shore doing what Jersey Shore kids do, and I was at the banning cage that take steroids and drank. What are they doing? Jim Towning and laundry GTL. I was doing GTL before GTL was a thing, and I was at one of the local baseball batting cages. It was an outdoor batting cage outside and I was there at my high school. Girlfriend and her family came to pick her up. And the long story short is it wasn't just her family though, it was like all of her family mom, dad, grandma, cousins. They were all there to pick her up. And she said to them, wait, wait, he's really good. Watch And I went from hitting frozen rope after frozen rope to all of a sudden feeling this immense amount of pressure, knowing her dad and her family was watching. Oh, Steve's all stayed dad, He's the best baseball player. Watch him in the batting cage. I missed every pitch. And you know, this is thirty years later, I'm still talking about it because it was so deflating and embarrassing, and you know, you can't really understand, like how did I go from? You know, when you're at that age and you're in that zone, you're just teeing off. I couldn't hit not one because I cracked under that pressure knowing it was them, it was them watching me, and I felt their eyes just staring at me, and I was so embarrassed, and I'll never forget that feeling of like, man, what just happened? Ask yourself this, if you were to play in a charity softball er basketball game or throw out a first pitch Danny g or if you were to do a live broadcast somewhere under a high pressure situation, big crowd. Is there someone that, if they were there, you would feel a little like ooh, I give you like your parents or your parents would be the norm one answer. Or maybe again, maybe a new person you're dating, or I know there's some people that are like, I don't want my spouse there they that's the you know, well, it's whoever has weird energy about them or gives you that step feeling or adds that extra anxiety or pressure. Coach ballgame who we interviewed on our bonus show Over Promised James Low coach ballgame. Where's the Fedora? You could actually watch the interview on over Promise Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. He said, there's so many kids that are just great players, and then their parents come and they start cheering and putting his pressure on him. The kid like crumbles in the moment and he's not the same player. So there are times that, no joke, I wonder because, as I've said many times here, I coach my kids, and there are times where I wonder, would they be better if I wasn't their coach? Like I feel like I do a great job coaching the kids in general, but my own kid maybe like dad being the coach. How do I know that's even good for them? I mean maybe them particularly, it's not don't I don't know, you don't know, right, I mean, it's it's case by case, kid by a kid. But we here on the Conveno and Rich Show have a theory. It's called the lick Ma theory. Look ma, because how many times were you doing something? Rich, you on your pogo stick, whatever you were doing. You know me, I'm hitting like three point shots in my backyard or trick shots in your backyard, or you're doing something like with a tennis ball, whatever it was, you did it thirty times in a row. You hit nothing but the bottom of the net. Look Ma, look ma, the second your mom looks brick, you're not hitting the same shot over and over again because of that weird subconscious pressure that you put on yourself or they put on you in that moment. It's weird. It's really weird how that happens. Just a dumb thought to think about who in your life, who would be that person for you? Family member, kids, spouse, parents. Sarachi Mura apparently as Bruce Springs, ye knew an NBA players kryptonite was, you know, an eighties rock star. Now you could chime in and give us your person. You can nominate somebody at Covino and Rich At Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. We want your phone calls now because we want to play Last One Standing next. Last One Standing is the game that's sweeping the nation. It's a high press speaking of high pressure, it's a high pressure game, but a lot of fun. Honestly, that is your chance to win a swiggy. It's my favorite game we play. So if you guys want to love that, we're playing it while we fill in for Dan Patrick this morning.
Speaker 3: So if you and if your nude Susi and R. Rich. I just wanted to mention we don't have low budget prizes for Covino. No, this midnight Black Swiggy is sought after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a good stainless steel water bottle, and you could give it to your kid to lose. They'll lose it in one day, but they'll leave it at school in one day. But it's a little Betties and water bottles at every school. It's a real nice one to have. Your chance to win Now eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox ninety nine on Fox to win our coveted stainless steel water bottle, and we'll play last one standing. Next right here on Covino and Rich in for the Great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture. Stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Coben on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media, that's Covino and Rich. As Bruce Springs tween tweeted about two weeks ago, I think just a moment to mark the passing of Freehold native and ballplayer Joe Depew. He was a good friend when I needed one, and he could throw that speedball by you make you look like a full glory days my friend, the actual guy, The actual guy, and Bruce in the news this weekend when Hatchie Mira sort of lost it, like, oh my god, it's the boss. Bruce Springsteen is that the game?
Speaker 3: That look on his face was priceless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick Live from Mercedes Benz Studios. Rapid Radios is the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show, alf's national LTE coverage. No subscriptions ever. A great alternative for your kids or parents, We use them on the show. Go to rapid radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. Is that sort of like when Joe Montana in the Super Bowl is like, look there's John Candy. Yeah they played big. Yeah, yeah they weren't like, oh no, Well, right now, it is time for our favorite game. As we fill in for DP Last one Standing.
Speaker 6: You have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia lot man. Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge CNRS.
Speaker 1: Last one Standing, Last one standing.
Speaker 3: All right, I have four categories ready to go if you needed a tiebreaker. Each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or you answer incorrectly, Iowa Sam will take you out with his big bad buzzer. You don't want to hear that. You keep battle until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds, you're the top dog. Here are the contestants. Six time winner Steve Covino right over there.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure seven, but yeah to his right.
Speaker 3: Ten time winner Rich Davis. Let's go here we go now. Twenty seven time winner Dan Bayer is on the air this afternoon, so no reigning champ in this morning's game. Big Mike is going to fill in for Dan Byer.
Speaker 4: Hello, gentlemen, Big Mikeel, zero time winner, Big Miel, zero time.
Speaker 2: Way that's going to continue because I am a terrible at trivia. Well, it'll be fun. Mike's a winner in life for guys. Hey, you're the number one losing.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to the studio life to see who's playing for a senior stainless steel. Okay, Big Mike, who runs? Who may not run? This place? I'll let you choose. Would you love to travel to beautiful San Diego, California, Carson City, Nevada, Panama City, Florida, Rancho Cuca, Manga, California, or Grand Rapids of Michigan.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's go to ranchok. I'd like to see some quake baseball.
Speaker 3: As he said it. Next Friday. You play for the Rancho Cracker Killers. Mark, what's up? Hey, Mark? What do you do there in sokel for a living?
Speaker 7: Awesome? Let's do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you do for a living?
Speaker 7: Mark? I work for a bank.
Speaker 2: I'm a banker. Okay, nice, all right, nice?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: So I'm also a little league coach that is enjoying the conversation about coaching your own kids. So got some similar thoughts there.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you to check out our interview with coach Baseball. It's on the Fox Sports Radio Coach Ball Game. Coach Baseball not the same Lord, Lord Baseball. No, I love coach ball Game. So you check that out. And coaching is rewarding and frustrating. Let's plait again.
Speaker 3: All right, Mark, I'm glad you joined us for the game. Spot is the fact checker. By the way, he has a lot of anxiety. When I say your name, the clock is going to begin.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 3: Category is called bush whacked. Oh, you have five seconds to name one of the nine MLB teams who already has nine or more losses this season. All right, Coveno, You're gonna go first as soon as the timer goes Now, having advanced.
Speaker 2: Start let's go with the Rockies.
Speaker 4: Rockies YEP three and twelve, Rich Len Brids, Braves four to eleven, Mike Orioles, Orioles six and nine.
Speaker 3: Nice, let's start there, Mark on the board. Mark and Soca.
Speaker 2: Marlon Marlins are none.
Speaker 3: On the list. Oh sorry, Mark, Coveno, Pirates, Pirates YEP five and eleven, Nice, Rich, the ace As six and tens. Why it's called bushway, Mike.
Speaker 4: Royals, Royals, none of the us.
Speaker 3: Back to Coveno, The Twins Twins five eleven, Rich three two, The.
Speaker 8: Rays, Rays wins that round, you missed the Nationals, the Red Sox and the White Sox.
Speaker 3: All right, so Covino the first to get on the board. We moved to the second categories, called get a grip. You have five seconds to name an NFL team who led the league in fumbles last season. We'll take the top seventeen teams. There are five ties, by the way. All right, once again, five seconds to name an NFL team who led the league in fumbles last season, and Mark in so Cal You're gonna go first as soon as the timer starts now, Raiders.
Speaker 2: Raiders are not.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Big Mic, I am.
Speaker 4: Carolina Panthers, the Panthers are not on the list. Rich for forty nine ers twenty six.
Speaker 3: Oh, we were taking the top seventeen.
Speaker 4: No twenty, say number five at number five. I think Saddle's on this list. Seattle Seahawks, Yep, they're number twelve to twenty one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice. Back to Rich.
Speaker 2: Patriots.
Speaker 4: Patriots are number one with thirty good call. Are the Browns on the list? The Browns are on the list. They're number fourteen to twenty battle here back to Rich.
Speaker 2: The Giants.
Speaker 4: The Giants are on the list the number eight with twenty two. I'm going with the other superstar team in New York, the Jets. The Jets at number sixteen with twenty Damn Rich, I'm gonna go with three two.
Speaker 2: The Atlanta Falcons. Falcons are on the list with twenty one.
Speaker 3: Coin Titans.
Speaker 4: Titans are on the list of number three twenty eight. Back to Rich, I'm gonna go three two go the Bengals. Spangles are the list. They have twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a good one.
Speaker 4: I had them next quite a bit left. Let's go Steelers. Steelers are there with twenty two.
Speaker 3: Back to Rich.
Speaker 2: Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals are there with twenty one. It keeps taking Next time, I'm going Dolphins. Dolphins are on the list with twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Number four go a d five left five left Rich Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: The Bears are not on the list.
Speaker 3: That means Covino is the last one standing in it.
Speaker 2: Who do you think you are? I am? I told you I had seven high.
Speaker 3: That is, you could probably tell Cavino's only one. He's only one ten times prior. That's his eleventh victory in this game. Because Dan Byers not here, well, this.
Speaker 2: Game's no joke. And when Dan Buyer's not here, you got a cape.
Speaker 3: You guys are making me feel really strong about myself.
Speaker 2: I'm sure appreciate that they never went. And when Big Mike's here, you gotta stomp on him.
Speaker 3: Then it's like playing the Panthers Mark and Rancho Koukama. But we appreciate you playing the game. And Covino, the big question is, even though he didn't win, do you want to mail out a swiggy to him?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yes, look it.
Speaker 4: Because he's on a natural high from his victory. But he has to send something back that they hand out at the bank, like a pen, Like a pen one hundred dollars Bill like a stapler or something. Thank you, but of course, of course thank you for playing man. You get a swiggy just for being cool. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you Mark for listening to CNR filling in for Dan Patrick Man.
Speaker 2: That was fun. Man, that's the that's a heated battle. That game's tough because like as Rich and I were going back and forth, he was and I was taking his answers, he's taken my answers, so you really have to think on the spot, which makes it difficult. And yeah, it's really tough to beat Dan Byron. I want to thank Big Mic for running this place and for playing the game. Thank you, Big Mic, Big Mike, don't leave. Yeah, because I have one more question for you. I think, first of all, because I think Cavino's Cavino's Pete Webber might be one of his top five impressions. That's solid. I did it. That one very good. And I bring this up because, yeah, but right before he says the famous quote baller Pete Weber, in that moment, he has like a flipout moment where he's like, I did it.
Speaker 3: He blocks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he flips out because he calls out a kid that was taunting him in the fans, a child. I bring this up because we went to the Mets as game yesterday and Sacramento game ended about four o'clock, three hour, you know about a three hour game. Our flight wasn't until eight. So we went to a cool bar pub area where the Sacramento Kings play and they had a little bowling alley. Not great, The lanes were not oil great. It was the pins were on strings, but it was regular bowling balls and we said, let's bowl have a drink before we go to the airport. And speaking of bowlers, Coveno broke one of the top rules of being a grown man. Yeah, did I lose my man card yesterday? I say no, But we'll explain. What did you do? You know what?
Speaker 7: I didn't?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: How about this? I'll tell you next as we fil in for Dan Patrick, more Cavino and rich coming out.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio Wapp.
Speaker 2: Cavino and rich In for Dan Patrick, and we got Danny g super producing on the phones at eighty seven to seven ninety nine. O Fox. It's good to have Iowa Sam here. Thanks again to Mark for hanging out with us, and thank you guys, Big Mike, the whole Fox Sports Radio family appreciate you. Now join us Monday through Friday on our regular showtime five to seven on the East. Make note of that or just follow our podcast search Covino and Rich. Fore every stream of your podcasts. Remember we're doing live broadcasts and a big party in Vegas June twentieth through to twenty second, and if you can only make it one night, make it to twenty first, but we'd love to see it out there. Details to come at Covino and Rich on social media at Fox Sports Radio. I was Sam, you were playing Jack White in medicine. You're playing Jack White? How about Jack Black? By the way, they should do Ebony and Ivory together? Would that be fun? They had to have done something together, Jack Black and Jack White. Here, Bannie and I have read do a cover of the class. I'm sure they've done something. But speaking of Jack White, Jack Black minecraft eighty plus million dollars in the second weekend that movie. They thought Weekend one might hit seventy Chicken Jockey Rage. Yeah that I saw it with the kids enter It really like the biggest surprise movie of the year by far. Now again where Cavino and Rich life from the Mercedes Benz Studios. Express employment professionals can provide contract workers to flex up for peak seasons without having to raise your core workforce headcount. Manage your workforce differently. Visit expresspros dot com today. That's expresspros dot com today. And of course most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Maco, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. So get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. I want to say congratulations to me for winning last one standing, but your chance to win another prize tomorrow on the show Shack Diesel Trivia, we'll do some NBA Shack Diesel Trivia Shack stops by, Whack Diesel stops by, and we have more chances to win prizes again. This is day one of the Dan Patrick Hatrick, which means will be here tomorrow and Wednesday as well. I have a question, yeah, being that now is when everyone really hones in more on the NBA the playoffs are here, the playing games when both teams are like five hundred or under. Are you watching just to watch or or are you thinking like no, no, I'll wait until like the real playoff start. Why wouldn't you watch? Look, we got a lot of stuff to catch up on Black Mirror. You still haven't watched the White Lotus. The Last of Us is back. There's lots of you have to tune into. You'll watch Grizzlies Warriors tomorrow, But I'm asking, will you watch Hawk's Magic. Yeah, I'll have it on. I'll have it on in the background. But again, Yankees are playing today, so you got to watch your baseball. But of course I'll watch that absolutely. This is when you have to tune in. You have to. Well. Now, yesterday, speaking of games, Rich and I went to the mets A's game. You could see our footage at Covino and Rich did a cool little montage. We even got on TV. Fun time. After the game, we went to do you remember the name of the placer?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have it handy here. But I was gonna say, I went to this like adult version of Dave and Busters. Well it's not there. They weren't strippers.
Speaker 4: There isn't David Buster's kind of for adults.
Speaker 2: No, David Buster is like the adult Chuck e Cheese.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I was even more adult than that, though it was. It wasn't like Goofy Arcades. It was called punch Bowl Social. Yeah. So we went to this place called punch Bowl Social and we just went there to have some bar food, hang out and enjoy Sacramento. And there were bowling alleys there, like, hey man, it's got a few drinks and let's bowl a little bit. And I broke one of our CNR rules for years. I've always said, you lose your man card if you can't break a hundred. But I almost have to put a like an asterisk next to that. I don't think there needs to be an astro. I think you just I'll never own it no way, because you just don't understand where I'm coming from. The lanes were awful. But again, this is like someone being like, oh, dude, you're playing softball pop up and they say, oh, it's the gloves. There were lanes. There were ends with strings on him. Right, So Marionette, pins, I don't know what you call these things, so pins with strings on them and lanes with no oil, so you had to use the house balls. And if you throw a hook right, if you've ever got your game to a point where it was good and it mattered, and you got past the straight ball or thrown it between your legs grandma style like Rich balls, then then you understand what I'm talking about. Because game recognized game. I could not throw a hook, and every time I threw the ball would go into the opposite end of the gutters. There was no adjustments to be made. You're the kid. Should I have broke a hundred, Yes, But at that point I didn't care because it was horror. Now you're the kid that when he drops a pop up you stare at your glove like, oh, the equipment. You're the guy that you miss it all because if you really bowl, you're missing all your jumps. Rich throws a straight ball no matter what, so this didn't affect him whatsoever. If you throw a hook, or if you throw your ball with a spin, it was impossible to do so, and I couldn't make that adjustment, and I'm like, eh, at that point I hated it and didn't care much, So yes, I didn't break a hundred. It's embarrassing, but I didn't care because it sucked. It was like it was no, it was a level above ski ball. Well, it's easy to not care when you bowl a ninety. Yeah I bought a ninety twice, but ninety and like ninety one. But it's terribly embarrassing because but it's not like they were bowling anything. The highest game was like a one twenty something. No, I bought one fifty eighth the first game, bull only, but a thousand dollars eight. Yes, well, I mean if you're the adamant, then I must have just missed it.
Speaker 3: You have a photo to prove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to maybe our buddy himI does. Yeah, I'm not gonna fight. I only guess I got a turkey in the middle. And when you get a turkey, well, the next game you barely broke around. I bled the one twenty two. It is not good your Parker bone. No nobody bowled well. But what I'm saying is to not break a hundred means you you to break a hundred, you needed to mark. Here's what happened. I didn't care after a while because it was impossible. I didn't care. It did, dude, these balls were bedrock. They had chunks missing out of them. There was no oil. You don't under Here's what you don't get. There was no oil on lane. Make an adjustment. So when you when you have no oil on the lanes, it's impossible to throw the ball with any accuracy at all. If you have a spin on it, you have to throw it completely straight. And that's just not how I bowl. So me by me being better than you really was working to my disadvantage yesterday. Yeah, these lanes were at your level. Was at school boy. I don't think we've ever bolted together, and you beat me because I never went real bowling with you. We're always rocking and bowling with neon bowling balls. Let's go bowling with a real bowling ball and at a real lane. I gotta know where these real bowling alley ou because we've done rocking ball on double datric girlfriends, We've gone out with groups of people. And you think using a pink neon ball is real bowling, then you don't know what bowling is.
Speaker 4: This guy's uh Rory McElroy over here complaining about the mini golf course.
Speaker 2: Well that's the truth. Yeah, it's like Rory McElroy.
Speaker 4: He probably thinks that explaining about the Mindig golf course, the clown's mouth is a little bit too uh, left the center.
Speaker 2: You could say I'm being defensive or justifying. We don't have to say that, but I guarantee you anybody that bowls and really knows what it's about knows exactly what I'm talking about. If you really bowl, you can't bowl these toy bowls. We get it, Parker Moone. We'll see you guys tomorrow. If you missed any of the show, just find the podcast. We'll post it at Covin on Riche and some fun highlights from our Sacramento trip. We'll see you guys tomorrow as we continue the Dan Patrick Patrick Baby. See you guys,