Speaker 1: I'm sorry's mag Sie and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 2: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 3: And we are joined court side by the rookie shared McCain hop out. That looked a little different, right, I mean, man, that was second quarter specially right. That was beautiful Joel with nineteen. I mean you've watched the sixers. Now you're playing with him those sixteen footers.
Speaker 2: I mean that was crazy.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it so easy for him, like back to back to back to back. It was that was I was just enjoying watching it. The course I was ready, but it was a joy. I was enjoying watching it.
Speaker 3: And how about that lead pass to you where it kind of overthrew it but you hustled to it. That was a huge play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was nice.
Speaker 3: So eventually teams are gonna have to double. The Bulls finally did. But you're gonna be over here going whoa, I'm wide open, right, You're gonna get some shot that there. The coach talks about a gravitational pull. Yeah, that's what it is, right, exactly.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 1: They have to double. I mean, can't regard him when he's just hitting back to back to back mid range fulloaks.
Speaker 3: How about like the way that Chicago plays. I mean, you got a lot to your game, but that's the way the game's going.
Speaker 1: Right, is crazy. I mean I think they're number one in pace in the NBA, right, and they showed it. I mean it was we score a basket, they were right away out to Levine strong drive to a.
Speaker 3: Layup any game though, Max he has a triple double, Kelly double double. I mean, it was huge for Paul played well.
Speaker 1: You just it's a great, great team performance.
Speaker 3: Exciting, right, yeah, that I mean after a long time. But at the same time, you have to realize, I think everybody kind of all right, we got this, and then here they come. You realize you got to play forty eight exactly, all right, Jared, thank you very much, appreciate it. Jared McGain our postgame guests as he ended up with a big game for the Sixers. Off the bench. He ended up with eleven points. He made three threes. Welcome back, Tom mcguinnis here in Chicago. The Sixers beat the Bulls by eight points. It was a tight fourth quarter with the Bulls getting close. They had gotten it down to four, but the Sixers respond and hold them off. The Sixers with a big second quarter that ended up being the big difference in the game. They scored thirty nine points. He outscored the Bulls by twenty two points in the second quarter and that offset a ten point first quarter deficit. In other words, the Bulls led thirty three twenty three. They got two buzzer beater three pointers, one at the end of the first by Kobe White and one at the end of the third by Jalen Smith. And we'll hear both of those when we get to our highlights. But the first thing we're gonna do this is our Parks Casino postgame. Nick Nurse has settled in in the post conference, the postgame press conference. Let's listen in as coach handles the first question, it's about Joelle and be Here's sixers, coach Nick Nurse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, certainly big turnaround from the first quarter, right. You were in that stage of kind of, oh, you know what's gonna go on here tonight, and then all of a sudden, certainly caught fire there with a little bit of variety. I know, it kind of seemed like a lot of file line jumpers, which it was, but he snuck in a roll or two. We snuck in a couple of post ups or two. No three balls tonight, but a little variety there. But yeah, certainly I think gave us a lot of confidence. But obviously we guarded really well. This team has been averaging one hundred and twenty seven a game over their last five I think we rebounded extremely well tonight both ends.
Speaker 2: You talked about the defense of that you expanding all of that, just what what do you feel like has most clicked into place like to allow you to do that and.
Speaker 4: Continue to run your Yeah, I mean, so we played two different man demand defenses tonight, and we played two different zones tonight. So that's the first thing. We got a little bit of a menu which we've been using lately. And then in the man demand stuff, they're just doing such a better job of handing off personnel to each other, like they're communicating really well when we're doing a lot of switching. But when there's a little on big, we somehow find out find a way to get our big back on the big and our little back on a somewhat you know, better matchup. And then the adjustments. You know, there's a ton of a joke once that go with that, And we don't have a ton of them down, but we got a good handful of them down.
Speaker 5: Kelly had that stretch in the third quarter with three offensive rebounds I think all lay to open three point shots and the two of them went in.
Speaker 2: Also three steals.
Speaker 5: Had that sequence with the three.
Speaker 2: And then the dross the offensive foul.
Speaker 1: I guess, does.
Speaker 5: This feel like sort of the optimal version of Kelly within this team is something like what he did today?
Speaker 4: He did he did a great role there, right, Like he did a he got on the glass, He guarded all night long. He played really tough and then and it's not that easy to kind of only take a three every eighteen minutes or something like, you know what I mean, Like, and he stuck a couple of them. So yeah, I mean he was fighting like heck for rebounds, he was fighting like heck on the defensive end, loose balls, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Really really great.
Speaker 4: Well playing job there for him, right, twelve points in a great game.
Speaker 5: Not a lot of yaboo in the second half, but I don't think any drumed a lot of Jared.
Speaker 2: Was that just about sort.
Speaker 5: Of countering the pace that Chicago was playing at, starting four guards and going really small.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just at most of it, you know, we start the second half of Jared again, it was pace and shooting at least the appearance of shooting spacing out there. And then I felt like Joel played a you know, a good chunk of minutes and I just again wanted wanted Yabu for the again, some spacing when Joel was out. Just that goes like that. Sometimes certain guys don't don't quite fit in a game, but they're playing four guards all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fact of you guys afford his op.
Speaker 5: Now, did that contribute to feeling comfortable having Joel go thirty thirty three.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to kind of have to see how he comes out of it, obviously, but yeah, that was that was factored in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first career triple double for Tyrese. I guess what were you seeing from him, not just as a score but all around?
Speaker 4: What was he doing well? Well? I I really like the assists in the rebounds. I know when I know when he's hitting Joel a lot in Joel's role, and those are going to rack up pretty fast. But love the defensive rebounding for him. It's not but asking him to become a better defensive rebounder. So chasing the ball Good's that's my favorite part. And I thought, he again, he's he's still not shooting like we know he can shoot, right, but he turned on the jets and got to the rim at at some pretty opportune times.
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, six Ers coach Nick Nurse in Chicago following his six Ers victory. They've now won four of their last five games and they're seven and fifteen on the season. Final score once again one hundred and eight to one hundred. We'll have highlights in a recap of this game in a moment. Our postgame coverage is brought to you by Parks Casino More from Chicago. After you hear this back here in Chicago, our final segment will recap the game inserts some highlights. Nick Nurse finished off his press conference. The question posed was what will you do with this unusual schedule? The Sixers have like two games in the next ten plus days in that they play Friday at home against Indiana that's the next game and the Pacers. Oh, by the way, that's how the Sixers gained their first victory out there in Indianapolis. Then a week from tomorrow they'll be at Charlotte. Those are the two games that were added to the schedule because the Sixers are not headed to Vegas in further NBA Cup action. Then they'll be off again. So coach Nurse answered, will be off tomorrow talking about the Sixers not having practice Monday, but then training camp starts on Tuesday. Said, That's what he told the team, So this would be a great opportunity provided that Indbeat is able to respond and get back out there with the guys so that they can really almost like I said, start over a little bit. I mentioned this a week or a month or so ago to Matt Murphy and it's coming to fruition and that they have everybody available at den Bona is out with a knee, but he appears to be on the men, but the Big three and Embiid, Maxie and George will hopefully be able to participate as the Sixers kind of reboot their season is now. They're eight games under five hundred at seven and fifteen, following a win here in Chicago had ended up being an eight point victory, holding the Balls Bulls to one hundred points when they've been averaging almost one hundred and thirty over their last five to seven games. And out there on the court right now, where the last people out here is Patrick Williams, the young ford out of Florida State who's been out with a foot injury. He's out there taking some shots directly in front of us. So let's get to the opening quarter. The Sixers. They shot just thirty seven percent in the first frame. They had six turnovers, and Bid got out. There was only a six game. The team had been on five in his first five appearances. He was zero for five from the field. The Bulls made five to three. Zach Levine had ten points in the first frame, and then it ended with a bang for Chicago as Kobe White drilled the three at the end of the opening quarter to give the Bulls a ten point first quarter lead. Here it is Bulls have it for the last shot into the left corner. Here's Terry on a drive passes getting the White at the buzzer, Kobe White for three. Fifth three by the Bulls and they lead by ten after one. So it was thirty three to twenty three. But then the Sixers started to click and beat. It's been such a good field goal percentage shooter around the free throw line area, and Embid got going from there. He ended up with nineteen points in the quarter, a Sixers single season quarter high. And he makes a fade away here in the second quarter and be with it against Usevich left wing. ISO on the back down, Joelle turns fase hand scores and Beat, after a rough start from the field, has now made three of his last four. He's got seven six ers to within one these Sixers. One of the big keys in the game was transition defense. The Bulls ended up with eighteen points in transition and then rebounding, and the Sixers crushed him on the glass fifty six to thirty five, another area where the Sixers have traditionally been very good of late steals. Kelly Oubre had three, Jared McCain had three, and Beat ends up with the ball here on what was a Sixers steal. He leads a break that ends up leading to a kJ Martin slam dunk. Let's listen. McCain knocks it away and Beat steals it. Joel with a pass to Jared McCain into the kay j Barten shams it. Billy Donovan's gonna call a timeout and he is in a heated exchange with Eric Dayalin, Joel Ebiid lt Jared McCain. McCain was able to run run it down. That was question and then he throws it to Kja who off a mini trap. He slams it and Beid had no points in the opening quarter. He had nineteen by halftime all in this second quarter, and the Sixers reversed what was a ten point opening quarter deficit to lead by a dozen at the break sixty two to fifty. Bulls battled back in the third quarter. In the end, they outscored the Sixers in the frame, and the difference was down the stretch. They got another buzzer beater three. Jalen Smith came in and fired one in from deep to give the Bulls a basket at the end. Here's Jalen Smith at center court for three, and it's good. He makes a three point field goal that makes it a nine point game. Lowry was there and Jalen Smith faked side, stepped up and made a three, so that swings the momentum in favor of the Bulls into the fourth. The Bulls ended up taking eighteen more threes than the Sixers. They made nineteen, so they shot nineteen of fifty four. Six Ers went nine and thirty six from three. A big differential in the game was second chance points Sixers twenty one and the Bulls three. A lot of that was Kelly Ubra. He had seven offensive rebounds. No he had three offensive rebounds, ten rebounds total. We mentioned Maxie with his first career triple double twenty five points, fourteen assists and eleven rebounds, or Independence Blue Cross player of the game Joel Andbid thirty one points, twelve rebounds, two blocks Forress. He did have a high turnover game with a half a dozen. Now we go to the fourth quarter wherein b protects the Sixers lead with a big shot down the stretch, a jumper by Joel Paul George with a ball for the Sixers. George driving it, he throws to inbiid and be top of the key five on the shot clock and beat jabs Depp jumper. It's good. He berries it his thirteenth field goal and the Sixers needed that greatly seven point game and in the end the Sixers get another big basket by Maxie. He struggled from three, went three of twelve, but its Nick Nurse alluded two. He turned on the Jets and got a big time basket down the stretch to help protect the lead. Here's Maxi six to shoot. Maxie drips away from ball, drives it underhand scoot. What a shot by Maxi head It's in an underhead right hand Banker It counts had Maxi now with twenty three. So the Sixers hold off the Bulls and win one hundred and eight to one hundred. Crowd of eighteen, eight hundred and thirty seven out here at the United Center, and again the Sixers will be off tomorrow, no practice. They start practice again on Tuesday. They prep for the Indiana Pacers Friday at the Center. From Chicago, Tom McGinnis, we'd like to thank Carl Namole and Brendan Petrelli back at the station, Bill Carumbella's here in Chicago. The Sixers have won for their last five games. Thanks for listening. Have a great week from Chicago. So long, everybody,