Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: On this Meet Friday, grilled Ribbi's Strip steaks, Filet mignon, barbecue, pork chops, bacon, Brussels sprouts, and polenta meet courtesy of Heartland Steak Company. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 3: No body?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just went out and inspected the grills just to make sure everything was on the up and up. Dylan's doing a great job and once again shout out to Heartland Steak Company. Go to Heartland Steak Coco dot com. I saw these comments from urban Meyer and he was talking about Bill Belichick and not very complimentary. Urban Meyer said, I've watched their videotape. They're worse on tape than I thought they would be. And he was on the recent episode of the Triple Option podcast. He says, I'm not saying just because you can say we have really bad players. Okay, you brought in seventy new people, he said, on the offensive side of the ball. It's a train wreck. So I don't know. I don't think it ends well, hate to say that. I don't know if anybody's going to be surprised at this point if it doesn't end well. But I think you got to be fair to Belichick. It's month one. If we were looking at Belichick month one, if he was coaching the Patriots, we'd go, hey, you know, he always has that first month where he's getting to know his team. He's got seventy new players. Now when I've watched them, do they look formidable? No, they do not. But I'm going to be fair to Belichick given his resume, that he knows what he's doing, or he'll figure out what he needs and maybe it doesn't happen year one, and maybe it is a year two. If he's going to stay around for year two, I don't think this is longer than two years. I didn't feel that going into it. I don't think he's going back to the NFL. I said that when the Patriots let him go, I think this is going to be it. And maybe he gets an Encore next year and maybe he figures it out. But to be fair to Belichick, seventy new players, let's see what he has. And it's only been one month. But bigger picture, I mean, you're in the ACC. You can pick off a couple of games here, but now you've got Clemson coming up, and Clemson not in a good mood either after they just got humbled at home by Syracuse eight seven seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, twitter handle at TP show coming up, who had the best week in sports and the most must win game of the weekend. We'll have that for you as well. Good morning. If you're watching on peacock, thank you for downloading the app. Watching the Ryder Cup and Team USA is in a little bit of trouble this morning, as they've lost a couple of matches already, including one that included Scotty Scheffler. They're down three to zero this morning to Team Europe. Great atmosphere, but that crowds like they the European team has take the crowd out of it, and they're just waiting. They were there at five in the morning and they didn't te off until seven. They were ready to go, but they're waiting to cheer about something. Yes, Marvin, I got two things.
Speaker 4: First, do you think USA would have fared better if they wore shoes instead of sneakers to the gala and ties antis? And also, the US is playing an entire continent, shouldn't they just play another country boom that had a bit unfair.
Speaker 5: Do we get Canada?
Speaker 2: No, Mike Weird, No, No, you don't want Mike Weir now good player on the senior Tea back in the day. Maybe gritty, gutty Mike Weir, No, I don't think so. You know, when you think of countries, is there any other country when you think music in a country that is more prevalent than Jamaica with Bob Marley? Can you think of any other place in the world when you go, I think of that place, I think of that artist.
Speaker 5: Oh, they're tied together, yes, because.
Speaker 2: When you land in Jamaica, Bob Marley's welcoming you there. It is welcome to Bob Marleyville.
Speaker 5: Right, Like you wouldn't say the Beatles for the UK because it's been tons of other bands for the UK. They're not singular. No, how about you two with Ireland?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, I would say so. Yeah, Celine Dion in Canada.
Speaker 6: Russia like a word with Selene So it's snow Landa's morset too, yeah.
Speaker 5: And nickelback right and Avril Levine.
Speaker 7: I guess we answered the question there, didn't we.
Speaker 2: No, it's Celine Dion and you know it.
Speaker 5: Here's one for you, Dan Abba with Sveeden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it comes to great well in there, Swedish Mafia, which the House.
Speaker 5: Mafia, Scandinavian rock bands, Alex.
Speaker 2: Okay, but can you think of any other place when you think of Australia a c.
Speaker 7: DC Okay, Okay, I would have said Midnight Oil, but that's just Kyliege.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I I just think of Nicole Kidman and yeah, I don't think of him with Australia. Any any other countries that you can think of, like.
Speaker 5: Germany, Ramstein, rom Schtein metal band, hasselhoff Sprockets, Falco, Falco, there has to be run.
Speaker 2: What about France music Daft down, Punk.
Speaker 6: Edith.
Speaker 2: Off or whatever?
Speaker 7: All right, Italy Andrea Bocelli, Yeah, that's the guy right there.
Speaker 5: He rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 8: Africa, Toto the way around. But they're American song as Africa the.
Speaker 2: Group that's a terrible song.
Speaker 5: It's a terrible video, terrible.
Speaker 2: Video, terrible.
Speaker 7: Maybe Iceland and uh York it kind of dominates that scene.
Speaker 5: This is one for you, Dan Scotland, the Proclaimers, the Proclaimers.
Speaker 2: Hundred. Don't we have some better representation than that.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at Scottish rock dance right thous the Miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would say Jamaica wins this that. When you think Jamaica, think Bob Marley legend. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 7: Pretty much everybody owned legend at some point in their lives. It wasn't that. It wasn't that one of those albums that it stayed on like the Billboard Top two hundred for like since the day it was released or something. It was one of the longest running.
Speaker 2: Like Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon stayed on the Billboard Top one hundred for it felt like since it came out. Yeah, all right, so we got something to work with here. What about k pop?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, that's that's right on, okay, because I don't know the second most famous band.
Speaker 7: And well, k pop is a style of music, not an artist.
Speaker 6: Isn't there a band called BTS.
Speaker 7: BTS Okay, Black Pink is a big one. Yeah, she's she was in White Lotus, that's yeah. One of the members of that was yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the star. Yeah. But I would say BTS. If I'm going to do uh South Korea.
Speaker 6: Yes, when it comes to Puerto Rico, What about Bad Bunny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, massive, yeah, anybody else? Any other countries here.
Speaker 7: If you're doing the United States.
Speaker 5: Right, if you're if we were on a radio show in Europe right now, what would they say, Bruce Springsteen the most American American band?
Speaker 7: I would say either Elvis or Michael Jackson. Those are the two that I would put as like the most American American bands or from the United States maybe, yeah, any other countries were leaving them many. I think Shakira probably has Columbia Lockdown.
Speaker 5: I think that's her one seed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Kirahepstone, yes.
Speaker 6: Part Rihanna and Barbados.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll give you a bloop on that. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Rihanna wherever she is, Yeah, is the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. Just add another baby with asap really yeah yeah, little baby girl.
Speaker 6: Smart move by him.
Speaker 2: That's the third. Yeah, she's a billionaire. Yes, Todd, we got to tweet bee.
Speaker 8: Gee's Australia even though they were born in England theirs where they.
Speaker 2: Were Okay, now we got a battle.
Speaker 7: Now, I strictly associate them only with Brooklyn, New York because as a John Travolta one. Yes, they said they're not actually from there there from Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, So if I threw out just Australia, a C d C, midot oil in excess, big run, not the top one, that's a big run for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Air supply is air supply.
Speaker 2: Men at work and at work, men at work. Colin Hay is nice pull Vegemke.
Speaker 7: S that dude could write songs.
Speaker 2: He still performs. Yeah, he's all vege.
Speaker 5: Up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would. I'm gonna go a C d C.
Speaker 5: Their run was kind of tight with their original crew.
Speaker 9: A C d C.
Speaker 2: Well, they've moved on from Bond Scott when he died and uh Angus dying, but they're still out there playing the same song over and over and over, just a different just a new work.
Speaker 5: Isn't as youngster alive.
Speaker 2: One of them, one of the two died, didn't.
Speaker 5: I got I got Angus still with us, he's still I'm double checking.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was another member of a c DC who died.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: Now I'm hoping somebody died so I have it correct, But I don't want somebody to die.
Speaker 5: Well checking dang.
Speaker 7: Strongest, Yeah, knowledge.
Speaker 5: I know Bond Scott and his problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bon Malcolm, Yes, Malcolm, he died, didn't he?
Speaker 7: Malcolm Young, he's on hiatus?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that death? He died, didn't he?
Speaker 5: You come back from hiatus?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: Twenty seventeen. Okay, all right, kind of got it right.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Angus just renounced that he's alive.
Speaker 2: Angus Young is still alive. Okay. Anyhow, anywhow crush that we did? Andrew in Atlanta, Hi, Andrew, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Good morning, DP, and that's happy to meet Friday. To all who celebrate, thank you. I know that Las Vegas is not a countrail that it really should be its own country. But when you land at Las Vegas Airport, you should be greeted by a hologram of Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 2: Hm. It feels elvisy. I mean you have Elvis impersonators. There's no Frank Sinatra impersonators. It's Elvis impersonators. And I'm fine if you know Frank and the rat pack and I went to the steakhouse there. Uh it's off the strip. Oh gosh, what's it called off the strip? Yeah, Golden Golden Steer. We have to go there when we go out for Formula one. That because I sat in the booth where now the rat Pack. They had their different booths. So I sat in the Sinatra booth with my wife and they talk about Sammy Davis could go there. There are other places on the strip that Sammy Davis wasn't welcome. He would go in through the back into the kitchen. They had a booth for him. Dean Martin had his own booth there. But what a great really a wonderful meal. Yes, this fella right here gets it. Sean on Twitter.
Speaker 7: Uh, he said pit Bull for the entire planet Earth because he is mister worldwide fact.
Speaker 2: That's a great call. Yeah. I stumbled upon pit Bull radio channel and I go, what what am I doing? Dolly, what am I doing?
Speaker 5: It seems like a nice guy though, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He's another guy that every song sounds the same, given the fans what they want, ac DC, ac DC, all those songs sound the same. Yeah, great, they all sound great.
Speaker 5: Pit Bull's not doing ballads, He's not going to mix him like a.
Speaker 2: Pan But it always felt like the rock and roll bands. And is this because Zeppelin gave a stairway to Heaven that every hard rock band we have to do our.
Speaker 5: Ballot, Home, Sweet Home, Motley Cruze.
Speaker 2: We just we want to Yeah, Guns and Roses November, Yeah, Sweet Child a man kind of too actually yeah, but I think Zeppelin was like, hey, we can rock as much harder or harder than anybody, but we can also give you stairway to heaven. Yes, Mark.
Speaker 4: The best part about those eighties Ballats specifically was it was them in concert but in slow motion. Yeah, home Sweet, and they're just over there. Somebody's on the tour bus, all the girls are.
Speaker 6: Let me grab my guitar.
Speaker 2: Fritzy is put in a vote for a Liby Newton John Australia.
Speaker 8: And there's a little something about Olivia from getting totally made fun of a.
Speaker 2: While back by you. Yes, you're the one that made you. Let's yeah with Let's get quizzical.
Speaker 6: That's pretty big hit.
Speaker 2: No, it's terrible. Let's get Physical was a big hit. Let's get quizzical was just.
Speaker 10: Know your luck.
Speaker 1: It makes good sports radio conversation. You gotta answer.
Speaker 2: Rich just right, you know what I mean, don't google.
Speaker 8: Let's just try to think it out.
Speaker 2: Telling yourself nothing to leave.
Speaker 8: Let's show you what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Let's get quizical. Quizical alrighty did you send me that? Did you send me that just so we would play that?
Speaker 8: That's exact opposite. I wasn't wondering what that played at all. Someone sent that into me and I wanted to pass that.
Speaker 2: It's Big ten Saturday Night Oregon, Penn State. That'll be on NBC and Peacock. Here comes Saturday Night, presented by Discover.
Speaker 7: Let me hear your answer now?
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 8: I'm showing you along this Dan if three polkesbon.
Speaker 2: Too, don't go. I'm sure she will see.
Speaker 8: Look it out with it brings out the animal you and me.
Speaker 2: It's getting exception worse the more you're feeling that set.
Speaker 7: There's oh, there's like four more verses that we've never even made it to. You could do it behind the music, just on this song a full hour.
Speaker 2: If you say, bring the animal out of you.
Speaker 6: And me, let me hear your answer now. I think I just threw it. Yes, Could you know what brings the animal out of me? Please?
Speaker 7: Sports talk radio specifically.
Speaker 6: Now the number two song on the Solid Gold count on nineteen eighty one. I just destroyed it. No number three, number one were.
Speaker 8: Do you care?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: I don't kiss on my.
Speaker 2: List was number three, I still didn't care, Kim Carns number one, Betty Davis says, and physical.
Speaker 8: Let's get physicals right in the middle of those two.
Speaker 2: How about we take a break, Marilyn McCoo and Antiga, how about we take a break here when we come back the most most win game of the weekend after this in The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing.
Speaker 11: We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 12: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blober, list, lame and me.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what it's called over promise.
Speaker 11: You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 12: Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 11: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promise and also Uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 12: There you go, over Promising. Remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen to over Promised with Cavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I saw where Kirk kurb streets jumping on our bandwagon. Wouldn't it be great if we had a commissioner's office to just kind of like, let's spread out some of these games. I'm talking about Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, the blue Bloods. It makes no sense to have all these games on one weekend. Yeah, we've been saying this for years, Kurt, Well, maybe you have the platform and the power to be able to do this. How about I give it to you. Why don't you be the commissioner, and we want a scheduling commissioner. We've been talking about this. It's not going to happen until we pare down college football and you have forty of the best schools, and then you could have a commissioner who's going to schedule, just like we do with the NFL. All right, more phone calls coming up, but we're gonna do the most must win game of the weekend. I've already hinted at Minor Ohio State at Washington started out ten and a half. Now it's down to seven and a half. In some books, todd most must win game of the weekend is.
Speaker 8: Although I'm biased, I'm going with the Bronco Bengal game that Chris Sims first said on Monday Night.
Speaker 6: You can't go to one and three.
Speaker 8: You lost two games at the Buzzer two weeks in a row, Joe Burrows team in Denver in primetime.
Speaker 6: You better win that game.
Speaker 2: Seaton, the mm W g ot W.
Speaker 7: The NMW go ot d W. I had well, I love my game of the week other than Penn State Oregon, Indiana, Iowa. I also think you have a dual must win between USC and Illinois. That is a double must winner. Both of those teams absolutely must win that game.
Speaker 2: I don't want Lincoln Riley blaming the time zone that you know that we have to do a noon kickoff. You signed up for it. You join the Big Ten. Okay, that comes along with the Big Ten. You know where do you think a schools? Wait?
Speaker 5: Oh, Central Times?
Speaker 2: Wait what? It might not be fair, but you signed up for this. You can't be surprised. You know your next job can be at Rutgers. You know then you don't have to worry about that. But you're going cross country playing Illinois. Illinois fresh off getting spanked by Indiana and usc on and uptick. So far, all right, Marvin, most must win game of the weekend.
Speaker 4: Lincoln Riley doesn't want to go to Rutgers. You got to deal with the New York media. No, thank you. My m mg ot W of the Earth is the Houston Texans. They're playing a bad Titans team. They're both owing three. They gotta win to try to get up on the right tra is.
Speaker 2: That game at home? Uh? Texans at home?
Speaker 5: Check you?
Speaker 2: Okay, PAULI the mm wg OTW.
Speaker 5: I'm taking Notre Dame off the board. They already mentioned. I'm gonna go a weird one here. Alabama at Georgia, Kalin de Bor. This is a must win because this will start the calming down process if he wins against Georgia, because the next seven weeks Georgia Vandy, Missoo, Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU Oklahoma, And if you start off with the Georgia win, pick off a couple more wins and get to the off season must win.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin Texas are r at home against all right, then they should win that. Yeah. My most must win is Ohio State going to UW just I think I find that interesting game, tough place to play, and just the fact that the Sharps are on this and they've bet this down to seven and a half. By the way, the gambling podcast bad lel it's Shan Irving. It's Dylan, the graphics guy. Dylan also our chef. We will do a streaming party. It's a semi live streaming party on Sunday night with Shayan Irving. I think Dylan's going to show up, Marven'll show up, and of course, you know with Shayan Irving and his cowboys with the Packers and we'll do a seemingly live and he even admits that we can't do it live. Shay is not capable of doing live TV without cursing. But we'll have that bad. Larry is in Europe and he's on a family vacation and he mixed up Morocco and Monaco yesterday when he called in talking.
Speaker 13: He said, Dad, you got to hire a bodyguard to go. It's not worth it. So we blew Monica off.
Speaker 2: Wait a bodyguard.
Speaker 13: It's like and the bodyguard is more like your your driver, but he keeps you away from a trouble spot.
Speaker 2: Are there bad trouble spots?
Speaker 13: I see any trouble so I would Yeah, Morocco, right, that's not Monico.
Speaker 2: Morocco makes sense to have a bad.
Speaker 13: I were starting three guys.
Speaker 2: So bad. Larry confused Monaco with Morocco. That's what I'm dealing with with. Dan Patrick takes a Gamble Available at Dan Patrick dot com. Robin Idaho, Hi Rob, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey Dan? How are you today?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 14: Good, pleasure to talk to you, sir. I've listened for years and enjoy it every minute listen. I used to listen when I was a truck driver. I've been retired for four years now and I still choose to listen on iHeartRadio just for the theater of the mind. But I did have an idea for a T shirt.
Speaker 3: I think you should it should say stay.
Speaker 14: In your passing lane and have Fritzy sign it.
Speaker 2: Well, you can just stay in your lane, but that's part of the problem with Fritzie is he's staying in his lane, the left lane, and he shouldn't be. But thank you, thank you for the phone call. Colby in California. Hi Colby, Hey, but.
Speaker 9: Hey, real quick, I got two T shirt ideas. I'm a little late to the party. And then one critique on Happy Gilmore Too, if you got the time. Okay, So the T shirts is get the fritz out of the way and pass with gas or I'll ride your ass, Fritzy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. And then your critique of Happy Gilmore Too.
Speaker 9: Well, it's not a critique. Well, okay, So you guys were talking with about Haylee Joel Osmond the other day, yeah, and the sixth sense and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 9: Got to think him. I think Sandman really missed an opportunity when when Happy's going down on the course and he sees his dead wife and Hayley's character is you know, all confident you could have had her, you know, speak up on him and he uses the line that he's most famous for, I see dead people.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, okay, that's fair. Yeah, everybody's a critic.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, it would have really blown the illusion of his character. And happy gillmore too, and take him out of the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan and San Jose, Hi, Dan.
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning, and thanks for taking my call. Hey, Fritzy, stay in your lane.
Speaker 15: Listen.
Speaker 14: I have a favor to ask of you, Dan. I see that when I watch on Peacock you have these slips of paper that you read and sometimes you fold them and it looks like you put it in the recycle bin. Yes, we're just wondering if I might be able to get one of those autographed. Would be great. I would frame it, hang it, I would cherish it, and I would put it in my will.
Speaker 2: Okay, well send the information. If you send a self addressed damp envelope, I will take the rundown from the show and I will sign that to you.
Speaker 14: Awesome. Be'st to the weekend. One last thing suck at lagger okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, the got a truck red yeah, cup truck, Yeah, the logger truck. Yeah, at their logs. I like that. You know the grandma. The grandmother is mad at me because she thought I brought up grandma. You made fun of grandma's riding in the right lane going thirty miles per hour.
Speaker 8: Yeah. The slow elderly people that I wish would just go a little faster. If they're gonna be brave enough to go on in the highway, you got to go to the right speed.
Speaker 2: Dave and Mason joins us. Hi, Dave, Hey, Dan, how are you doing great? Yeah? Great?
Speaker 9: Good good?
Speaker 10: I got a T shirt idea and to take the mark for Parsons. First of all, I felt bad about this, but I don't feel as bad after hearing that rendition of let's get physical. But I go back to the late seventies here, how about cannon bald run for a T shirt idea?
Speaker 6: Can in bald or run?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, because I'm follically challenged, you are, No, you're bald.
Speaker 8: I got a couple of hands on the side. That's pretty much bald. I'm going with the San Diego Padre mascot, like, figure out what I'm gonna do with this?
Speaker 2: What else do you have?
Speaker 3: Dave?
Speaker 10: Well, the other thing is, ever since he got traded and then after the Browns loss, he's gonna be pretty angry. And I thought the first thing I thought was the Fast Times at Ridgebond High scene when Jefferson played by Forrest Whittaker is just going off on everybody and sending everybody out on stretchers and everything else is just just tearing up everything. After his car gets trashed.
Speaker 2: Well, Jerry Joan says that they're not doing anything for Micah coming back, and I'm fine with that. Maybe the fans do something. But you know this didn't end well. I think Jerry got embarrassed and he's not going to acknowledge somebody. And I certainly understand you know what Jerry was doing. I just thought you could have gotten I think more for Micah Parsons if you had more time. Now, he argues that he wanted it to happen as close to the season as possible, that he felt like he could get more from a trade partner. I don't agree. And even if you did it after the draft, I just think if you could have put this out there that he's not playing for you. Let's take all your offers. And you know the Jets didn't pone me up as much as Jerry was hoping. And I just it felt like you could have made a trade. I would have kept him out of the NFC. I could, but you know, you're not ready to win now. You wouldn't have been ready to win with Micah Parsons. I understand all of this, but you have to have a marquee quarterback. You have to have a franchise quarterback, and you paid that with Dak. Micah is going to help you win one or two more games. Maybe CD lambs out for a month now, you still have to give people something to come and watch. And I think that Jerry, that's he paid CD, and he paid Dak Micah. You could have you did negotiate with him. You could have gotten him for a really good price. That's the only thing that I would argue when you were negotiating, make sure that you negotiate and you're negotiating with his agent and him, and then you could get a deal. I just thought that Jerry, don't let him out of the building, but let him in the building with his agent and then maybe you get him now he was going to cost more. You weren't getting him for thirty four million because he missed that. I would have looked at, you know, prior to that, you have to look at who is up for their contract extension. That had been the first thing I would say, is all right, Miles Garrett, TJ. Watt, Max Crosby, Okay, that's that's just looking down the road. And that's what Jerry didn't do. In my opinion. You know, it's going to cost you more. Sign him as soon as you can. Maybe it's going to hurt a little bit more, but they're not winning this year and they're not winning next year, and maybe you can allocate that money and it can be better served. And I understand that. And if he does that, great, maybe they'll be a better team in you know, two three years. But Kenny Clark's not going to be there in three years. He's not going to be there. Michael Parsons probably still going to be tormenting people in Green Bay. And these aren't going to be high first round draft picks. You're going to get the the twenty seven and picking the draft. The Cowboys in the trade with the backers select that's you're hoping to get another Micah Parsons. Let's see Wanda in Miami. Hi, Wanda, good morning, Dan, Good morning.
Speaker 16: I have been listening to your show for years, and I wanted to talk to you about the Cam Newton call that I totally agree with and also with your remarks, Okay, because I have been saying that to my Dolphin fans. I've been a Dauphin fan for years, and I've been saying that to the fans that my friends that I think they are fans, but they don't agree. They never have agreed with me. So it's so great to hear somebody saying exactly what I have said from the day they drafted Tua.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, Wanda. Cam Newton can criticize Tua, has every right to do it and has the experience have gone through this at a very very high level, MVP Super Bowl. Tua doesn't do well in front of them. The Dolphins don't as a group do well in front of the media. Coach, star receiver, star quarterback, they don't do well. And two, I never would have given him that contract.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what these owners are thinking sometimes maybe they aren't, but I kept thinking, he hasn't he's not healthy or hasn't stayed healthy. He doesn't win big games. You're not winning on the road in the you know, the December. That's not a great arm. It's an accurate arm, but it's not a great arm. And I just thought, gosh, make him play one more year and then franchise him after that. Yeah, Pauling, it was.
Speaker 5: A situation because if you remember that twenty twenty two season two, I had two slash three concussions, depending who you believe. And then that next year, I remember we started the season saying who has the most pressure on them this season? And I think you or someone said to it, because if he doesn't get it together this season, he's going to be a journeyman. He had they were eleven and six. He threw for forty six hundred yards and twenty nine touchdowns. They had the number one scoring offensive football. He kind of put pressure on them to sign them him. Now, like you said, they didn't have to, but the it felt like all was well. He didn't get a concussion.
Speaker 2: But there's no rush to it. Just say you know what, let's see it one more year before we pony up two hundred and fifty million dollars. I want to see one more year. You can pout, you can moan all you want. I want to see one more year. I see one more year, then I'll sign you to that. You stay healthy and you give me the same result, then I'm going to sign you to that deal. I never would have signed him never. All right, let me take a break meet Friday in case you want to follow us, if you're watching on peacock, out to the grills and we will. We will decide who had the best week in sports after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Lastco for phone calls.
Speaker 2: What we learned, what's in store for Monday, This day in sports history, all of that coming up. Ryder Cup. Team USA down three to zero in the matches, and I think there's one match that is tied, maybe going to the seventeenth. Not a good morning for Team USA. All right, merchandise store open for business, make sure you check it out. We'll have a fritzy related t shirt there by the end of the day. At Danpatrick dot Com, our stat of the Day is always has been brought to you by Panini America Official Trading Cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Best Weekend Sports todd who had the best week in Sports even.
Speaker 6: Though they lost two of their last four? They we want to whole bunch in a row before that.
Speaker 8: I'm going with the Cleveland Guardians, tied for first place with the Tigers in the al.
Speaker 2: Central Okay Seaton. Who had the best week in sports?
Speaker 7: This is on the borderline of this week or was it last week? So I'll just put that right up front. But Melissa Jefferson wouldn't. She pulled off the rare double at the twenty twenty five World Athletics Championships in Tokyo. She won one hundred meter and the two hundred meter titles. Apparently it's very rare, and Melissa Jefferson would and did that. Shout out US track and Field, all three of her. Let's go hey, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Kyle Riley of to Seattle Mariners hitting sixty home runs and actually the Manners as a hole they won the NL West.
Speaker 6: Also, man best Week in Sports took mine.
Speaker 2: They've won seventeen of their last eighteen. Paul Best week in sports.
Speaker 5: Seaton Marvin both took mine, So I'm going to go a weird one. JJ Reddick got a contract extension. I'm he got a four year, thirty two million dollar deal when he joined the lat and they were I think a first run exit last year and he parlayed a contract extension out of it. For surprising.
Speaker 2: My best of the week. Colorado lost one hundred and sixteen games. That's the most financial league team since the woeful sixty two Mets lost one hundred and twenty games. Now their season is mercifully coming to an end. Oh yeah, this day in sports history. What are we going to go with here? Paul?
Speaker 5: Before we get to it, Dan, your Rockies were outscored this season by four hundred and sixteen runs.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: The next closest in futility would be the Washington Nationals to two hundred and four. Okay, this dance for history, ironically, I guess. In nineteen ninety four, the double murder trial for OJ Simpson began with Jerry selection in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: And another thing, Oj at least drove in the middle lane when he was on the Highway and the Bronco Todd, just say.
Speaker 5: And under the speed limit too soon?
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe exactly.
Speaker 5: A year later, in nineteen ninety five, the prosecution began its closing argument in the murder trial O. J.
Speaker 2: Simpson. Yeah, it didn't go well. Twenty twenty four, on this day, the A's they played their final game at the Coliseum and they won it three to two the formerly known Oakland A's all right to let me see John in North Carolina. Hi, John, went's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Hey, DP, thanks so much for taking my call. Let's see five to eleven one eighty and let's just get this out of the way. Todd. If you're in the left lane driving like you are, you're the problem.
Speaker 14: Get out of the lane.
Speaker 15: But the reason I called is you're I hate to say it too, you're also wrong, DP. Morocco was our favorite place. My lady just took me to Portico, Spain and Morocco and it was perfectly safe and it was awesome. And I mean, Catherine's five feet nothing worth one hundred pounds. She'd go walking out by herself.
Speaker 2: So well, okay, just so we put it in context. Bad Larry is the one who confused Morocco with Monaco, and he's the one who was told by his son that he should have a bodyguard going to Morocco. I haven't been to Morocco. I've been to Monico, but thank you John. If Morocco is safe, then great. Don't need a bodyguard.
Speaker 8: Yes time, I think if you're shaking, Morocco's down the wrong street, though, you could be running with this in trouble nae time.
Speaker 2: Greg and Daytona Beach, Hi, Greg, what's on your mind? Good morning Dan.
Speaker 17: I am seventy six years old and retired in Daytona Beach, Flora, the retirement capitol maybe of the war Old. I drive thirty miles an hour in the bicycle lane. I have a one word for her, Fritzy's T shirt. I will spell it because it makes more sense. First letter is PS and Patrick, not b as in Big Baby, Fritzy T A S, S, T U R D pastored, great show, Love you guys, Bye bye, call.
Speaker 6: Me a pastor.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Greg, Indy Tuna bodnight.
Speaker 7: Goodye guy is awesome.
Speaker 2: Retirement capital of the world. Caden in Missouri, Caden, what's on your mind?
Speaker 18: And then I don't know how I can follow the alast guy.
Speaker 2: Half as Friday Guys, Happy Day.
Speaker 18: I just wanted to say most most one game of the weekend, and I got. I got my Auburn Tigers going to Kyle Field to face the text saying in Maggie's after last weekend with whatever happened in Norman. I really don't even want to get into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 18: I just figured after that we kind of need to win because we're playing Missouri and Georgia right after this, so it's kind of like we got to win one of these games.
Speaker 2: Right well, Thank you, Kayden Rick and Syracuse.
Speaker 10: Hi Rick, Hey guys, so hey, I think I got the answer to your T shirt question. Okay, you ready for this one? We're looking at who's passing Fritzy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I like passhole.
Speaker 14: A little strong?
Speaker 2: Do you think a little a little aggressive? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Maybe family show Family t shirt.
Speaker 6: Probably sell a lot of right about.
Speaker 2: I'm in the content business, Dodd, you are, I am in the asshole has got to be right up seat And final results of the pole question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had two of them up there. Finally got that Sam Donald pole question yeah too, which I was really happy about. The vikings are going to regret getting rid of Sam Donald or not right now, it's going to haunt them. Sixty two percent of the audience say that is haunting. You nailed it. NFL franchise that feels least competitive year to year. The Jets are running away with that one. That's fun fault. Next in line with the browns.
Speaker 2: Okay, Todd, would you learn today Chris.
Speaker 8: Simms might have a good T shirt slogan gives Daniel Jones the Giant a pass. If you're around crap a lot, you start to smell like crap and crap gets on you.
Speaker 7: Seating the Eli Russ comparison not apt.
Speaker 6: Marvin Angus Young still alive.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank god, Paul the Roust topic is deep to learn.
Speaker 8: Chris Sims wants more, no rush to put Russell Wilson into the pro football thing.
Speaker 2: Thank you for all the support, not only today, through all the years. Here for Fritzie Seaton, Marv, Paulie, yours truly in the back room. Guys, have a great weekend, safe weekend. We'll talk to you on Monday.