Speaker 1: Welcome. It is vernic with Senator Ted Cruz. Ben Ferguson with you, Senator, Always a pleasure and we've got a lot to talk about. Is we're getting very close to the one hundred day mark and the Trump administration. There's one thing that's clear on certain issues, the American people are standing behind the president big time.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, and there's a lot happening across this country, especially when it comes to illegal immigration. As we all know, the President came in and began securing the border. Pretty much immediately, we saw the numbers of illegal border crossings drop more than ninety nine percent. And they're new poll numbers out now that show the American people strongly support President Trump's efforts finding and deporting illegal immigrants. And yet Democrats keep doubling down. They have decided they are the party of illegal immigration and they're the party of gangs. One of the more stunning developments is they're not one, but two Democrat judges currently in jail custody because their party is so radical that both of these judges are charged with in one case harboring a trender Aragua gang member in the judge's house. In another case, the judge trying to secrete an illegal immigrant out of the courtroom and avoid an obstruct federal agents arresting that illegal immigrant. Both of those judges have been arrested. We're going to break that down as well. And we're seeing a Democrat party that no matter how extreme the open border problem gets, they are demonstrating they will not waiver. They want more and more gang members. It's pretty stunning, it really is. And yet they don't seem to be learning from what the polls say. So that's part of why we're going to break that down for you. Want to talk to you real quick about Patriot Mobile. You've heard me talk about Patriot Mobile for a while now, Yeah, and you've probably known that for years. The Patriot Mobile has stood in the gap for every American who believes in faith, family, and freedom and that they are worth fighting for.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you. Patriot Mobile is a company that puts your values first by taking about five percent of your bill every month, and they fight back against the liberal agenda of the left. You may not realize Big Mobile gives big notations to organizations like Plan Parenthood. So why have you not switched to Patriot Mobile? Well, if you're worried about coverage, you don't need to be. They have a nationwide coverage guarantee. In fact, they are on all three major networks, meaning that you're going to get the same great covers used to without the woke agenda of the left. The other thing you're going to like is this. They can even put a second number on a different network on your phone. It's like carrying two phones in one. They have unlimited data plans, mobile hotspots, international roaming, Internet on the go devices, and home internet backup. You can get all of that from Patriot Mobile, things you can't even get from the big guys. So what are you waiting for? Make the switch today an experience Patriot Mobile and the difference you can make with every phone call and every text you send. Go to Patriot Mobile dot com slash Verdict, or you can call them nine to seven to Patriot right now, use the promo code Vertict. You're gonna get a free month of service. Like I said, you don't even have to go into a store. You can do it all over the phone. Switch to Patriot Mobile and defend freedom with every call and every text you make. That's Patriotmobile dot Com slash verdict or nine seven to Patriot Promo code Vertic. You're gonna get a free month of service as well. All right, sentat before we get into the big story, I gotta ask you. We're in the playoffs right now, and uh the Houston Rockets. They lost a game that was a nail bider until the end, and now we got a game tonight. I want your prediction. It's two to one, Golden State leading over the Rockets.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it has been a rough playoff series so far. The Rockets are the number two seed, the Warriors are the number seven seeds, so the Rockets should have the advantage, although this is the first time in a long time that the number two seed is the underdog in the betting the vetting lines, and part of it is because Golden State is a ridiculously strong seven seed, and in particular, Golden State traded and got Jimmy Butler towards the end of the season. And when you have both Steph Curry and Jimmy Butler playing together, that is a frightening team. That is a much stronger team than a seventh seed. The Golden State could easily win it all. You've got a lot of experience, and you had a lot of veterans. The Rockets look. I like this Rockets team. They're young, they're talented, their defense is amazing, they dominate the boards, they pull down offensive boards. But they're very young. And so the first playoff game, the first playoff game was painful to watch. It looked like they were nervous. They dribbled the ball off their feet, they were turnovers, they were missing free throws, and Golden State just won in a dominating fashion. Now, Game two was great, the Rockets came back, played really strong. Game two was terrific. But then Game three, Game three, the Rockets had a real opportunity because Jimmy Butler was out. He didn't play, and so the Rockets should have won Game three, and I got to say, it was not a good night shooting for the Rockets. They lost one oh four to ninety three. And I'll say, Steph Curry is.
Speaker 3: Just a beast.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean he he played forty one minutes, He played more than any player in the game. He scored thirty six points, and he just just lit up lit up the Rockets. And Steph Curry, He's going down in history as one of if not the greatest shooter to ever play the game.
Speaker 3: He's a baller.
Speaker 1: Let's just be honest. The guy's a baller. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, his and you look at Curry's. Curry's numbers in Game three, he went twelve for twenty three, so he shot fifty two percent from the field. From three point he went five. He went five for thirteen, so thirty eight and a half percent seven of eight from the free throw free throw line, and Steph Curry just willed them into the game. I'll say Game four, you know, people say this a lot, but to say it's a must win game is an understatement. If the Rockets get get down three to one, that is virtually impossible to come back from. They'd have to win three in a row. So I haven't been able to make any of the games this time. I hope the season the series goes long, and I'll certainly make it to playoff games as it goes forward if I can make it on the schedule. But I've been watching them in DV Ringham and I'll be watch it on TV tomorrow night, and hopefully, by.
Speaker 1: The way, just so people know how authentic this is, if you're new to the show, I think it's fair to say this. You're obsessed with basketball. It's your sport, you love it, and you play several days a week.
Speaker 2: So you and I are recording this right now at twelve twenty four am Sunday night. The reason we're recording it at twelve twenty four am is that I've been playing hoops from eight forty five till about eleven fifteen, and I play every Sunday night, and so often, unfortunately we have to do the podcast after basketball. I'll tell you it was rough because the guy whose house we play at, he has a half court that he's built his house, but he left the ac off and I'll tell you in Houston it was like doing it was like playing in Asana. We were all dripping wet because it was about eighty eight degrees in the gym as we played.
Speaker 1: I don't recommend that, Yeah, that's not a good idea, but this is something that you love. You do it every week. So when playoff season comes, this is.
Speaker 2: And I bleed Rockets read I mean, I've grown up. I've been a Rockets fan my whole life. I was at Game seven in ninety four when we won the NBA Finals and beat the Knicks. It was the first championship Houston had ever won in any sport. It was beautiful, it was amazing. It was in the Summit which which now is Lakewood Church. And I remember, like I said, Youson had never won a championship until we won that ninety four. You you were not a Houstonian at that time. I'll tell you what it did for the city. Literally out on Richmond Avenue, out outside the stadium, there were businessmen in three piece suits crying and hugging homeless men. That's how it brought the city city together. And then the next year ninety five, we won the finals again. We swept Orlandos rookie year.
Speaker 1: So who are the stars?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Back then, a Keem Olaja won a chem Olaju one is the greatest rocket to ever play. And Achem won both of those, but both of those series, in both of those finals. In ninety five, Clyde Drexler came and joined him. And and you know, Keem and Clyde had been teammates at at University of Houston FI Slama jama uh where where they were incredible and and and made it to the final four but did not did not win it all in college and the two of them, we we got Clyde from Portland and he was as you know, in my office, I have a piece of the floor of the summit that is signed by that that that ninety five Rockets championship team and and and it's uh and Tilman for Tita, the tem the team owner is a good friend. He's going to be the ambassador to Italy and he's going to do a great job as ambassador to Italy. But it but it is fun. Cheering on the Rockets is fun. Look, they've got the talent. This is a team that could win the NBA Finals a challenge right now. As the Rockets don't have a superstar who can dominate a game at the end.
Speaker 3: They've they've got.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the X factor.
Speaker 2: Like they've got an eight man rotation that that that can score double digits pretty consistently. But you know, Shenghun, their center is really good. But he's not Steph Curry. Now, nobody's Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But but I do think most of the team is quite young. For many of the team, it's their first playoffs ever. And the playoffs are just more intense. The playoffs also, you play a lot more half court basketball, which means defenses can clamp down on you. And and so the Rockets have got to find a way to score at the end when it's you know, two minutes to go and the game's on the line. It's not clear who's going to be the guy right now, and maybe it has to be another season and a trade or picking up a free agent.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I think if you added one superstar to this lineup, it's a team that that could go all the way. Whether they can do it this year, right right now, it looks pretty uphill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be very interesting game tonight. I have a feeling a lot of people listening right now will be watching tonight.
Speaker 2: We're gonna my prediction, We're gonna win tonight. That that's my prediction. I don't know if we can pull the series out, uh, because Curry and Butler together is really tough. But I think we're gonna win Game four. I think they're gonna I think we're gonna see. In fact, i'm gonna make another prediction. I'm gonna say we're gonna see a monster game tonight from Amen Thompson, who is really talented. He's got a lot of skills. Didn't play great, uh in in Game three. But but but I think I think we're gonna see a great game from him tonight.
Speaker 1: I love it all right. Speaking of winning, the President's winning on one big issue as we're hitting one hundred day mark, and that is the issue of Americans are all in on deportations of illegal immigrants, even though the media has spent just countless hours, days and weeks with propaganda saying that we're deporting all these innocent people when clearly we're deporting I have a lot of illegal immigran and it is not had near the impact on the American people as they were hoping. And the President's got a twelve point lead on the issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to say, to say the American people are all in on it, I think is too strong.
Speaker 3: Ben that there's a CBS poll that came out.
Speaker 2: The question they asked, do you approve or disapprove of the Trump administration's program to find and deport immigrants who are in the US illegally, and the answer was approved fifty six disapprove forty four. That's a twelve point lead. That's a meaningful lead, but I don't think we should overstate it. That means forty four percent disapprove. We remain a divided country, which is how Democrats got elected to begin with, and we're able to put in the open borders. It's interesting you break down the poll numbers by age and party identification and race. So young people age eighteen to twenty nine approve of Trump's deportation fifty two forty eight, so plus four. People aged thirty to forty four approve fifty two to forty eight, so again plus four, And then you get to forty five years old and boom, the numbers jump up. So ages forty five to sixty four is sixty forty so plus twenty and over sixty five is fifty nine forty one plus eighteen. So there is a real divide between people who are under forty five versus over forty five. You want to break it down by party identification. Among Republicans, it's ninety ten, so it's plus eighty. Republicans are pretty damn happy with the deportations. Among independents, the approved disapproved is fifty four forty six, that's plus eight. That's encouraging. And then Democrats it's twenty two seventy eight, so that's fifty six points down. But it's interesting, twenty two percent of Democrats approve of what Trump is doing to porty go legal immigrants. That's an encouraging number two, although it shows just how messed up Democrats are that seventy eight percent of them are like no, no, no, no, leave the criminals. Here, you break it down by race that there are clear racial differences. Among whites, it's sixty two thirty eight, so that's a twenty four point advantage. Among African Americans it's forty four to fifty six, so that's minus twelve, which is not terrible given that Republicans typically get get a lot less than that of the African American vote. And among Hispanics on this poll, it's forty four to fifty six, so that's minus twelve as well. And then finally the gender gap, which is interesting. Men approve of the deportation sixty three thirty seven, so that's a twenty six point advantage. Women are evenly divided fifty to fifty, and finally, white with no degree sixty eight to thirty two, that's plus thirty six, and white with a four year degree a college degree approved fifty two to forty eight, a four point advantage. All told, the American people are still with the president, but we remain a divided country.
Speaker 1: So when you get what this means moving forward for the president, I do think it's clear that he's saying, hey, I've got a mandate to continue doing what I promised that I got elected on. And now you bring in a bigger issue, and that's the lawfair because you now have judges that are actively fighting against the president doing what he said he was going to do on behalf of the American people and having this twelve point plus advantage on this issue, this is a guest the new play for the Democrats to stop it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's striking.
Speaker 2: They are now two judges in jail because they have decided they're so all in and open borders that they're going to actively obstruct federal law enforcement. So on Friday, the FBI arrested at Wisconsin judge for hiding a previously deported illegal immigrant in her jury room in order to try to stop him from being arrested by Ice. And this is Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Hannah Dugan, who was arrested and charged with obstruction of an official proceeding. After it came forward, Dugan demanded that the ice officers proceed to the Chief Judge's office, and after his hearing ending ended, she escorted this illegal immigrant and his attorney out a restricted jury door bypassing the public area where the agents were waiting, and she was trying to help him avoid arrest.
Speaker 3: It didn't work.
Speaker 2: They ended up they ended up catching this illegal immigrant anyway, And I got to say, it really is striking to see a judge in handcuffs. But the reality is this is where so many Democrats are that they will actively obstruct. And I will say there was a back and forth Amy Klobachar and I had on this issue. So Amy, who's Democrat senator from Minnesota? Does She tweeted out, this is not normal. The administration's arrest of a sitting judge in Wisconsin is a drastic move that threatens the rule of law. Well, we don't have all the details. This is a grave step and undermines our system of checks and balances. And I responded to her, I quote tweeted her and Here's what I said, fully agree, it is not normal for a sitting judge to actively obstruct law enforcement and try to smuggle a criminal, illegal alien out a side door. Today's Democrat party is so extreme that utterly lawless behavior is becoming more and more common.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the narrative here, because I think it's really important that people understand. There are many that are trying to present, for example, this Wisconsin judge being arrested as lawfair, that Donald Trump's going and the you know, the DOJ is going after their quote political appointment, say is this is revenge? I think we need to make it abundantly clear. This is a judge and you mentioned this a moment ago, that was obstructing the arrest of an illegal alien that is against the law.
Speaker 2: Law enforcement was there to arrest him. She didn't want him to be arrested, so she sent them one way, and then she snuck him out a side door through the jury room and they had to run and catch him on foot because she was actively You know what, if there's a criminal and the police are trying to apprehend him, and you hide him and help him sneak away, you'll be arrested. That is called obstruction. But what's remarkable is is this judge is not an outlier. There's another story that follows that is amazing that this is a headline from Fox News. Quote Wisconsin judge threatens courtroom boycott over Hannah Dugan arrest. Monic Eisham says she will not allow ICE to send illegal immigrants to a quote concentration camp. And let me just read from the beginning of this article, because it's astonishing. A Wisconsin judge is threatening not to hold court in protest to federal authorities arresting her fellow judge Hannah Dugan last week. Judge Monica is Isham made the announcement in an email to judges across the state on Saturday. Her email, titled quote Guidance requested or I refuse to hold court, made clear that she had no intentions of working with Immigration and Customs enforcement.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: If there is no guidance for US and no support for US, I will refuse to hold court in branch tour in Sawyer County. I will not put myself or my staff, who may feel compelled to help me or my community in harm's way.
Speaker 3: Isham wrote.
Speaker 2: According to a copy of the email obtained by Wisconsin Right Now.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: I have no intention of allowing anyone to be taken out of my courtroom by ice and sent to a concentration camp, especially without due processes. Both of the constitutions we swore to support require Should I start raising bail money? She wrote, quote if this cost me my job or gets me arrested, then at least I know I did the right thing. So this is a judge who is saying she's going to shut a courtroom down. Why because she so opposes illegal immigrants actually being deported in other words, federal law being followed, that she's willing to shut her courtroom down.
Speaker 3: That's how extreme democrats have gotten.
Speaker 1: So when you combine this and these types of arrests, there is no inclination here that this is preemptively a idea or a mindset by the DOJ or anybody else. This is reactionary to these activist judges. And that's something in the media is also distorting.
Speaker 2: Well it is, and I will say, look, there's another story out of New Mexico, which is former Donya Anna County Magistrate Judge Joel Kano sixty seven, his wife Nancy Conos sixty eight are in custody right now. They were arrested by Homeland Security at their La Cruze Las Cruces home. They were arrested for harboring a gang member, a trender Aragua gang member in their home. And and this trend of Iragua gang member. He's covered in gang tattoos, uh tattoos. And the judge faces charges of tampering with evidence.
Speaker 3: Now you know what he did? Where was that he.
Speaker 2: Took this this Venezuelan gang member's cell phone, smashed it with a hammer because it had incriminating evidence of the gang member with firearms. And then he went and disposed of of the of the cell phone, so he was trying to hide evident. Now do you know one of the pictures that was on the cell phone allegedly that the judge destroyed with a hammer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess it's probably one of those good old gang sign pictures, right, because that's always what the gang members have on their phone.
Speaker 3: Now it's worse than that.
Speaker 2: It's a picture of two victims who are decapitated. We're not talking nice, fuzzy friendly gang members. We're not talking, as the media loves to call the illegal immigrant up in Maryland a quote Maryland man, this is a gang member who allegedly had pictures of two people with their heads cut off on the cell phone. And what does a Democrat judge do in New Mexico, Well, you got a gang member. He says, Hey, let me hide you in my house and here give me that phone because they could use that to prosecute you. I'm gonna smash it with a hammer and dispose of it so they don't have the evidence to convict you. That is bizarre, and that is a Democrat judge.
Speaker 1: The Attorney General, by the way, she came out strong and said we're not backing down when we see this type of activism. Here's part of what she had to say on Fox And to.
Speaker 4: Set the stage for you and Sandra, this was truly horrific. This guy was in court being prosecuted by a state prosecutor for domestic violence battery. He had beat up two people, a guy and a girl. Beat the guy, hit guy thirty times, knocked him to the ground, choked him, beat up a woman so badly they both had to go to the hospital. And John, you know, it's so rare for victims to want to cooperate. They wanted to cooperate. They were sitting in the court room with the state prosecutor. The judge learns that Ice was outside to get the guy because he had been deported in twenty thirteen, came back in our country, commits these crimes. Charged with committing these crimes, victims in court. Judge finds out. She goes out in the hallway, screams at the immigration officers. She's furious, visibly shaken and upset. Sends them off to talk to the chief judge. She comes back in the courtroom. You're gonna believe this, takes the defendant and the defense attorney back in her chambers, takes them out of private exit and tells them to leave while a state prosecutor and victims of domestic violence are sitting in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: You hear her explaining this, and you got to think the majority of Americans, if they know that story, they're going to be outraged, just as outrage as she is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And I want to play a second clip from Pambondi where she's talking about the new Mexico judge, because this is not this is not a crazy outlier. Unfortunately, this is a pattern. Listen to the Attorney General talking about this new Mexico judge harboring a trender Aragua gang member in his home.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you look at the associations with this violent Venezuelan gang Trende Arragua and this person that they harbored in their home, he was showing signs through clothes, We're told, tattoos. There was evidence through voice messages and text messages of his association to TDA. So what charges will Cano and his wife face if any?
Speaker 4: So Judge Cano seemed to be former Judge Cano got, he got. His charges were just unsealed. He's charged with obstruction. He is charged. He admitted posts Miranda, he took one of the TDA members cell phones himself, took it, beat it with a hammer, destroyed it, and then walked to the pieces to a city dumpster to dispose of it to protect him. The wife also is charged with destroying evidence, Sandra. Not only that this TDA member and he had on a necklace that said kill, something about death. He had tattoos all over him. He also had on his cell phone pictures of two decapitated victims, two victims decapitated, gruesome photos, and he was sent them out, and whoever he was sending them to sending back saying, hey, you need to be careful. You shouldn't be sending these you shouldn't be texting these photos out. Not only that, these two, the judge and his wife, gave him assault rifles that belonged to their daughter. That's what they're charged with in the in the criminal report of a David, he goes to a shooting range with these assault rifles with a suppressor, with other known TDA members and they're shooting. This is the last person that we want in our country, nor will we ever tolerate a judge or anyone else harboring them.
Speaker 1: I'm just so glad we have an attorney general. You're good friends of Pam. We've had her on the show that is able to articulate this the way that she is to continue to combat the lies they're being put out there about who is actually getting arrested, who were targeting, and who we're trying to get out of the country.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's exactly right, And it's the simple principle that no one is above the law. Here's what Kesh but hell the head of the FBI to tweet it out. Quote just now, the FBI arrested Judge Hannah Dugan out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on charges of obstruction after evidence of Judge Dugan obstructing an immigration arrest operation last week. We believe Judge Dugan intentionally misdirected federal agents away from the subject to be arrested in her courthouse Eduardo Flores Ruiz, allowing the subject, an illegal alien, to evade arrest. Thankfully, our agents chase down the purp on foot and he's been in custody since. But the judge's obstruction created increased danger to the public. We will have more to share soon. Excellent work. And then the Attorney General Pambondi, she tweeted, I can confirm that our FBI agents just arrested Hanna Dugan, a county judge in Milwaukee, for allegedly helping an illegal alien avoid arrest by ice. No one is above the law. Somehow Democrats believe that if they don't like a law, they can just ignore it. They can defy it. By the way, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris did that for four years. They just utterly ignored federal immigration law. And unfortunately this attitude of lawlessness, we're not bound by the law. Not only that, we're going to actively fight federal law enforcement. Who is trying to enforce the law, And what are they doing this for? I mean, Ben seriously explained to me, help me get in the head of let's say this, New Mexico judge, New Mexico Judge, you and your wife say, hey, we got some gang members from Venezuela. They're covered in tattoos, They've got a necklace that says kill. They have cell phones with pictures of people with their heads cut off. Let's bring them to my house. Like, how explain to me that thought process. My brain is not nimble enough to get around this.
Speaker 1: See this is where I think to myself. I'm like, all right, well, then there's got to be some sort of incentive that is connecting them. There's got to be something to gain here personally, because I can't just imagine this Judge is just like, yeah, we genuinely want to hang out with people that are celebrating or involved in this type of crimin activity, including as you described it, beheadings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, you and I watch Breaking Bad. I don't know if this is a judge that's on the take, if there's corruption, if he's been paid by the gang. I don't know, if he's ideological and stupid or corrupt or what. There's clearly more to this story we will learn, but the facts on the face of it are astonishing. And what's amazing, I don't know of a single Democrat elected official who's denounced this conduct by the judges. Instead, what they're saying is they're rushing to defend these judges that are brazenly, brazenly defying the law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it truly is incredible. Don't forget. We do this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hit that subscriber auto download button wherever you're listening to the show. Share the show please, because this is exactly why we do it, to get up this type of information and the center. I will see you back here on Wednesday morning.