Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. It is Friday, December twenty ninth, and the Raves are getting ready to play the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. As they got ready for the matchup, we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh today.
Speaker 2: Okay, good seeing everybody, appreciate you being here. Good practice. We're getting ready for a big challenge, pedal to the metal in terms of preparation. So what questions you have John, We.
Speaker 3: Still say he was back out there at pactice.
Speaker 1: You know, this is his first year with him played.
Speaker 4: Have you been impressed kind of the level of pumpany.
Speaker 3: Since Saturday because seems like the typing things and he's still battle people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I think Zay Flowers is great. He's done a great job. He works hard. He uh, he comes to work every day. He got a great attitude. Just couldn't a plus in every way really.
Speaker 3: John, Howard, Hamilton, and Brandon Stevens progressing this, especially Stevens because we didnt see him on the injury report. I guess Wednesday for the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's doing you know, it's the time of year, this time of year, it is so everybody they can go will be out there.
Speaker 3: John, the last time he's played against a big fangio, there's a little bit of a public spat. Did you end up talking with him in the off season? It's really anything over And do you think there's any emotional carryover from something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I think everybody's got their own opinions on whatever they want to have their opinions on. You know, we know what we're about, what we stand for as an organization, as a coaching staff. I know what I'm about and what I believe in, and that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 4: How different is this Miami defense with big FANGI yell over there.
Speaker 2: It's a different scheme, different system. They run different coverages, you know, I mean, just a different setup, different coordinator, different scheme.
Speaker 3: John Zack Steeler is a guy who's really emerged from Miami for a couple of years. Obviously, you guys drafted him. You know what's really stood out about his development to become the player. I mean, he has eight and a half sacks. I havn't a great year.
Speaker 2: I mean he's I'm gonna tell you straight up, he's exactly the player that I thought he was gonna be. I mean, he was a damn good player when he was here. Physical, tough, he's playing that way, but better because he's, you know that further along in his career. He's strong, he's twitchy, he gets off blocks, presses the pocket. He's a he's a very good football player. He's everything you want in a football player. He's tough and he's uh, he shows up every day. Coach, you face a very tough running game last week.
Speaker 3: How much that preparation helped to face now Rahee Munster, which had a good year carrying the.
Speaker 2: Ball, Well, it's gonna be a big challenge. I mean, their offense is very diverse and the running game is a big part of it. So uh, you know, they can run the ball outside, they run the ball in the alley, they run the ball in the sea gap, and they run the ball straight downhill. So uh, and Raheem is a big he's the main guy. I mean he's there, he's their guy. Uh, but not only the only guy. They have two other very good backs. Hit he saw the game against the Cowboys kind of kind of showed that off. So yeah, it's just a it's a very diverse offense.
Speaker 4: John Lamar said in the past that he feels like a lot of these games this time of year are essentially like playoff games. When you look at the opponents you faced over the last month or so, especially now the Dolphins coming up. How how does this start to prepare you for January these types of matchups.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, yeah, that's I think it's exactly right. It's a very good point. You know, we played we played playoff teams I don't know, for about eight weeks in a row now, so and these are the kind of teams that you got to beat in the playoffs if you want to advance in the playoffs. So it's great preparation for us. And but yet the challenge is still, you know, you got to win those games to put yourself in the position that you want to be in as best you can. We've done that up until this point. But this is a whole nother, whole other can of worms that we're opening up here on Sunday. So we're not afraid of that. We're gonna get after it and play the best we can and try to put our best foot forward.
Speaker 1: That was head coach John Harball. You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. For a full breakdown on this game, head over to the Lounge podcast Seed Ryan Mack and I break it all down and discuss what the Ravens need to do to get the win. Make sure you subscribe to both podcasts and hit that rating and review button as well. Thanks for listening. We'll be back at you once two