Speaker 1: Welcome to The Favorites, presented by DraftKings. We are an Action Network podcast. I'm Brandon Kravitz, joined by my fellow djens. Your crew here at the Favorites, Kendra Middleton and the Prime Minister of Degenerate Nation, the one and only Stucky. On today's show, we're gonna submit our official plays for week four in the NFL Sides, Totals, props, parlays. Everything is on the table, Like and subscribe wherever it is that you are tuned in. I made sure to look this up pre podcast. We are in a waxing crescent moon right now. The moon has been the most profitable thing about this show so far. We are changing the name of our three leg parlay as well, the Three Musketeers. We'll be put six feet under after today. But Kendra, any moon angles before we get off and running. We got a lot of good stuff today.
Speaker 2: No moon angles.
Speaker 3: People hate it on me so much for the moon angle. I'm not a moon gambler, but I thought that I love like a silly little reason to bet on something, and that's what I took from that. It worked out for me, no doubt. I will continue to have silly little he he haha. Angles from here, but I love something stupid to bet on. So here we are no moon, no moon bets for me. But the moon Beats are not dead. Do not We're not They're not in They're not in beat jail.
Speaker 2: They'll be back.
Speaker 1: I'm so a little surprised that we don't have some sort of and maybe we'll think of one before the end of the episode. We've got three ideas that we like as far as what to name our three leg parlay. We each nominate two picks and then go around the horn and then whittle that down one apiece is what we've been doing.
Speaker 4: Only one of.
Speaker 1: The legs has hit so far in the two weeks that we've done this. I think we probably should shoehorn some sort of Moon reference because of how well that played out last week with Jared Goff. So something to think about. Thursday's shows loaded up. We're gonna start with the shrimp unbelievable stat of the Week courtesy of Action Network Director of Research Evan Abrams. Shout out to Ken Kendrick's Rainbow Shrimp, Monica, Lashtrimsky, and Oj Shrimpson on the research do date Do we have any is there any sort of.
Speaker 3: I check her every hour. I just about her to see if she'll come out and show me. What if that thing is still saying?
Speaker 4: So we'll see Stucky. What about you?
Speaker 1: You're also you also have a pregnant wife, so there's a lot of pregnancy on this show.
Speaker 5: Pregnant wife, dog golf surgery. It's rough.
Speaker 6: Uh the oh, my question. I always bring a question for Thursday episodes for you. So my question is, well, I have two questions. One, out of all the places you've ever visited in your life, where would you go if you had to go back to one and you had a free, like all expenses paid trip.
Speaker 5: Where are you choosing, Kendre.
Speaker 3: I'll start with you, Havar, Croatia. Next question, the best place I've ever been?
Speaker 5: Like one sentence about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it was okay.
Speaker 3: It changed how I eat Prosudo. I can't eat Proshuto the same way it is. The treffle Prosudo and wine. They're so good, so cheap. The beaches are incredible, The nightlife is awesome. They have like a private island where you get on like you pay twenty bucks to get on a boat and then you go in. There's a club and they have some of the best DJs in the world, and then you boat back when you're hammered at the end of the night, which can get a little dicey after a night of drinking, but the food's really good.
Speaker 2: Havar h v Ar.
Speaker 5: Is that you're like Split or dun.
Speaker 3: So Deic is like a little it's like one of the islands off the coast. Split is like obviously like a little bit more north and inward.
Speaker 2: But you could definitely hit Dubrovnik.
Speaker 3: I think I took like an hour and a half boat from Dubrevnick to Havar and you can just island hop it's the best.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Gracias on my list to go to. I've been fortunate enough to travel to a lot of places. My easy answer for this is the Galopagos Islands. That's the craziest place I've ever been to. You gotta go to Ecuador first. I mean it is in Necdor. You gotta go to mainline Ecuador. You gotta get like checked. You can't bring any plastics.
Speaker 2: You can't bring any plastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they like.
Speaker 6: Search all your things. You can't bring any seeds. There's no plastics on the island, so like it's a serious check.
Speaker 2: What do you do about sunscreen stuff?
Speaker 6: They have like special sunscreen there you can buy.
Speaker 5: And I you go to Keto first. Keto was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: We were there when like one of the we were staying right by the presidential palace and one of the guys running for president was assassinated and I got to I woke up. I got an email from the State Department there like don't go outside of voyage, dude, I'm right by the presidential palace.
Speaker 5: But yeah, we went to.
Speaker 6: Then we went to the Galapgos Islands for ten days, stayed in a bunch of the islands. Coolest place are be into no animals or not, I'm afraid of you. The coolest experience I ever had happened in the Galapagoes. I swam with us like a group of baby sea lions like snorkeling, and they were just playing with me. And then the big mom came and just like looked swim these big sea turtles like none of the animals are afraid of you. Like you would just there would be like a you'd be sitting on a bench and like a seal would PLoP up on the bench next to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I jumped to the top of my list because I'm such an animal person. I went to Costa Rica lat An animal. Yeah, I'm the biggest.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am getting a spider and I am breeding shrimp right now. So yes, yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Is an insane place. Even the birds, the boobies, the blue foot of boobies. That it's it's a magical place. So that would be my.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know you could visit the Galapago, so I just thought that that was something in the Darwin Road about.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that this was. This was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a bunch of islands you can stay on.
Speaker 6: There's like hotels, there's some really nice and we stay in this one hotel on one of the islands. Like we had the top floor and it was like all open and like these enormous birds would just you could sit on your deck and they would fly and it was all open on the water. Oh my god, it was crazy. But yeah, that's like the little towns are cool. So yeah, that was incredible. How about you, Brandon, what are you choosing?
Speaker 1: It's it's a tough choice. I mean, my cheesy answer for a betting podcast would be Las Vegas. I've been there twice, two completely different experiences. I went there on a non bachelor party. My my friend was set to get married. I planned his bachelor party. I was the best man. His fiance cheated on him right before the wedding and right before we left for the trip. So just imagine what that was like in Las Vegas, the non bachelor party where you are playing by no rules at that point with a very angry individual.
Speaker 4: Rightfully so.
Speaker 1: And then I also went on a work trip through one of my other freelance partners, So two.
Speaker 4: Completely different experiences, both great.
Speaker 1: Still haven't gone there with my wife, so I think that that would be like the third leg of how to Appreciate Las Vegas, to do the shows and all that stuff. But Jamaica I've also done twice. That's an incredible place. So I've I met Vanessa Lache, which is really random, at some outdoor beach party. She was drunk, very funny individual. But the food there is tremendous. The jerk chicken I could eat all day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been Costa Rica is really cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's expensive and overrated.
Speaker 5: I stayed in a resort when out the Costa Rica.
Speaker 6: Been there are other times, but I stated like the Secrets all inclusive resort, which was pretty cool. The but yeah, I mean, I've been to Vegas hundred times. If you ever go to, I guess either one of you or anyone else out there. Every year I'll put out this huge list most underrated food city. If you like know the right people, even off the strip, I can give you a whole list by category of food of all that, and it changes every year or too, because it depending on where the chef's move. But I know a couple people in the food industry there, so.
Speaker 2: I'll be there for the Grand Prix.
Speaker 5: Hit me up, I will, yeah, I'll give you a list.
Speaker 6: I'll tweet that out soon, an updated list of all all of the restaurants there. But I'll save I'll save my next question for the next podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you know.
Speaker 1: I kind of like this tradition now because Stucky Stucky comes out left field with these questions, So that's definitely entering the rundown moving forward, But let's hit the shrimply unbelievable stat of the week.
Speaker 4: Last fifteen years, we've had.
Speaker 1: Seven teams who have had a wining total of ten or more in the preseason fall to one in three straight up, none of which have made the playoffs. The two teams that could end up fitting this mold would be Kansas and Baltimore. They play each other on Sunday. The Chiefs are minus two hundred to make the playoffs plus one sixty to miss over at DraftKings. The Ravens are minus twelve hundred to make the playoffs plus two hundred to miss. Are you willing to take a shot on either of those to miss the playoffs right now? As it stands? And perhaps the better question is, is Sunday's game and an elimination game?
Speaker 4: Stuck you? Where are you at on this?
Speaker 6: No, it's not an elimination game, but I mean teams at start zero and three only only historically made a playoffs one percent of the time. But if I had a bet one of those teams to not make it, it would be the Chiefs. I can't bet the Ravens this weekend. They have too many injuries, like I still don't know unlikely recards, so their offense isn't the same. Their guards are struggling and then defensively without Van Noy without Matabuke, who might be out for an extended period of time. They got to go get someone they got a trade for, like Dexter Lawrence or someone. Their defensive line, their whole defensive line didn't practice yesterday, is in shambles. They can't stop the run, they can't get pressure. It's a mess right now in a short week. So I can't bet them here as a two and a half point road favorite. But if I had to take a shot, I would go no on the Chiefs just because I think the Chiefs are a worst team number one, and I know they're probably going to get Rice and Worthy back and have them both back, but their division is tougher, like there's no burrow for the Bengals. I don't think the Steelers are any good. And then the Browns, so like the Ravens, have a much easier path, whereas the Chargers already beat the Chiefs, already have a game in hand. You know, you have the Broncos, who are a pretty good team with a wind total that was around nine and a half. I think the Raiders that they can figure out their offensive line and.
Speaker 5: Some of the.
Speaker 6: Some of the coaching stuff that has gone Awrye. They're not going to be an easy out, so that division, I think is much tougher, which might make the path a little more difficult for the Chiefs, who are I think a worse team than the Ravens, but the Vodomart to get healthy. But I don't think it's a must win for either. But you don't want to be one and three. It's not you don't have worm Ferrari, you don't your margin for Eric. It's much thinner, like if you have injuries, and like you can't it'll every game then becomes even more critical.
Speaker 3: I actually gave out in August on my other show casey to miss the playoffs, uh, and people called me a dei higher and stupid, and I have all of their comments saved, locked and loaded, ready for that to happen. I do kind of think it's a must win of for Kansas City just because their divisions a lot tougher. Like Stucky said, I think Baltimore is going to be fine. That division is not as strong, in my opinion, as it has been in recent years. I do think that they'll be okay even if they lose this game, but it's borderline must win for the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does feel like their back is up against it. And I originally when this line came out, and even before or we saw the Lions run up and down the field on the Ravens, it felt like this is going to be a chief spot home Underdog, Patrick Mahomes, Andy Reid, all of those things that we've said one hundred times already. I just can't pull the trigger on it. I don't trust this Chiefs team enough. The way that they're currently composed, and and the fact that the Ravens got run out of the building makes this feel like, you know, almost a Ravens spot.
Speaker 4: I just the Ravens are a far better team.
Speaker 1: Derreck Henry has fumble issues, yes, but can the Chiefs offensively keep up with Baltimore? I just don't think that they can. So I think I'm gonna sit on the sidelines for that game, and.
Speaker 6: It's okay to pass. You're going to get the best effort of both both staffs. Both like it's I do think it's an elimination for the one seed. Both teams are already behind the eight ball, especially with the Ravens who already lost to the Bills, who have an easy schedule, easy division, but either one of these teams starts one and three, you can pretty much kiss home field advantage through out the playoffs goodbye, which is obviously ubercritical in the AFC.
Speaker 2: I'm all over the Ravens this week.
Speaker 4: So you're all in on Baltimore?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thinks for you, Yeah, I think this is Baltimore spot. We talked about it the other day. I figured you guys would be all in on once again the Patrick Mahomes dog at home angle.
Speaker 2: But I think that this is a great spot for Baltimore.
Speaker 3: And do I want to play in Kansas City against Patrick Mahomes when he really needs win, No, absolutely not. But the Baltimore offense, I don't see Dereck Henry fumbling this week. Their offense is lights out. Obviously their defense can make some improvements. But the thing is is that the Chiefs, they're not healthy. They don't have the weapons to keep up with them right now. I get the home field advantage thing, the Patrick Mahomes angle, all of it, but Baltimore is the best team in the league right now in my opinion. When everybody plays to their strengths, plays to what they're capable of, and I just don't see them coming off of the schedule that they've had and losing this game.
Speaker 1: Where are we at on Metabouque because that was huge on Monday Night. I don't think that the Chiefs are good enough running the football, but Checko has been terrible, Kareem Hunt's been bad. I don't think they're good enough to take advantage of that absence, but it would still be big because if the Chiefs can run, then I would feel a whole lot better about backing them. I'm gonna lay off of the game. But where are we at in terms of the middle of that defense? Stuckey, We don't.
Speaker 6: The whole d line is hurt so and we don't know the ominous updates from Harbo who said he's out this week. He doesn't know, so people are People in Baltimore are thinking that it could be a long term thing, so that might have to be addressed with a signing or a trade.
Speaker 5: So we'll see TVD.
Speaker 1: Update on the quarterbacks. Some of the real line movers out there. Jackson Dart is going to get the start ahead of Russell Wilson.
Speaker 4: In New York.
Speaker 1: They take on the undefeated Chargers on Sunday. I want to bet the Giants here. I'll save my reasoning for the back end of the episode, because they're one that I'm going to pitch to you guys. The most heavily bet games this week so far. Of course, one of the them is going to be this one. I think anytime the Giants are involved, that's going to be the case. But John Harball seems to be getting a lot of action one of the most heavily big games Chargers, Giants. Everybody seems to be in on Harball. Any hesitation backing the rook here for you, Kendra.
Speaker 3: It almost got to the window on this game just because of Harbaugh against rookie quarterbacks. But with that combined with I think that the locker room really is going to rally behind Jackson. I think that the Giants defense has played really well in the last couple of weeks. I think that that's the saving grace of that team. Russ really really screwed them over last week. It seems like they were getting stops getting off the field that whole bit, giving them opportunities to go ahead. I think that this rallies that team a little bit. Numbers two big, don't love the harball against rookie quarterback angle so close to getting there for me. If this line moved a little bit more, potentially, I just I don't think I can touch it. I was telling Gifford before we got.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 3: The spreads this week are just way, way, way too huge. Not my favorite betting week. This everything feels yucky, way too big.
Speaker 2: I'm not having a good time.
Speaker 1: We've seen a lot of line moves as well. One of the things to monitor with that Giants game is Malik Neighbors did not practice. I don't know how serious that issue is, but if he doesn't play, that would be huge. Andrew Thomas has been in and out of the lineup, he was limited, and the Giants still have kicker issues as well, So there are reasons to be concerned outside of the Giants just not being overall a good football team. But it does seem like if you end up on the Chargers, just know public Joe over here if you do that, because the public's going to be all over the La Chargers. Carson Wentz undefeated overseas, He's won to oh. He takes on Aaron Rodgers, who has never won a game across the pond zero and two for him.
Speaker 4: Are we sitting this one out? This has been all Vikings money so far. Stucky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it regards to the Giants, I highlight the Giants. I'm waiting on the neighbors news. Thomas is just resting. I think he'll be a full go. He looked great in the first half. He's just on a snap count. The Charters have three offensive linemen or DMPs yesterday in practice that could potentially ruin the game for them.
Speaker 5: But I'm waiting.
Speaker 6: It's at six and a half. I'm going to see if a seven pops want monitor the injury reports, watch the market, But I think I will be on the Giants. Winless teams as dogs in this range of historically performed really well. Now, a lot of variants in this game because we don't know we're gonna get from Dark, but it's gonna be better than Russ and they're gonna have at least had a kicker. They signed young, could all have a kicker that's healthy. They didn't have a kicker against the Chiefs cost them multiple scores. So yeah, I think the uncertainty with Dark too, like the Charters don't know what they're gonna get like how much we're kind of read options and what's everything going to look like? So that could work in the giants favor. So yeah, with the Chargers offensive line injuries, they might not be able to block New York and they really crumbled their offense last week after those guys went out against Denver, and the Giants have a similar front. In regards to the Vikings, I did play the Vikings. I think here, Look, the Vikings are much healthier. They should get their offensive line except for Jackson at guard back healthy. They're gonna get Addison back Wentz I think is an upgrade over McCarthy as I alluded to last week. And then defensively, they're fairly healthy. The Steelers are not dealing with a lot of injuries. The Steelers should be owen three, like really, they should be owing three, and this line would be up over a field goal. Here's here's how I think it plays out. Steelers have a very predictable single high defense, like they're running that like sixty sixty five seventy percent of the time. That's not what you don't want to have a predictible offense when you're going up against O'Connell and those weapons and injuries on your defense. So and I think they'll be able to run the ball too. So I think the Bikers is going to move the ball. The Steelers can't run it, they can't protect, and they're going up against Brian Flores. They're going to be in known passing situations. And Aaron Rodger has been the worst quarterback in the league against pressure this season. I think he's six of twenty two with three interceptions. It's been horrendous and it's not like there's no recourse you can't move, So I don't know what they're going to do. I think Rogers get suffocated under the pressure. Vikings, even with Wentz, were able to move the ball. I'll take the Vikings it under a field goal.
Speaker 2: I kind of like the Steelers here.
Speaker 3: No money from me yet, but I was really thinking about it this morning. I like the mic I like the Tomlin as a dog situation.
Speaker 2: I always like that angle.
Speaker 3: But my other thing is that Carson Wentz will fumble the ball if they have any opportunity to recover a fumble from him. I think that that bodes well for the Steelers. But I did learn something interesting this morning. I guess you remember, guys, how I was talking about my angle that whatever team gets there first is who I will back. I learned today that there's a new rule in twenty twenty five with the NFL where both teams have to arrive on the same day for games overseas.
Speaker 5: Interesting, I know.
Speaker 2: I hate that. I hate that so much.
Speaker 3: Like there's no like when they go West coast to East coast, there's no day that you have to get there. I hate that so much because I heard that the Steelers wanted to go early and the Vikings wanted to stay with and go Thursday, and they settled both on going Thursday.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is why they've realized that there's some competitive advantage to it, so the NFL has to squash that out.
Speaker 3: Hey but yeah, but like that's like the entirety of the NFL is having some sort of competitive advantage when you can get it. What's preventing the Vikings from leaving earlier than the Stealers Absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: By the way, Jordan Addison is back this week. He's off suspension for the Minnesota Vikings, so they get a little more firepower on offense.
Speaker 4: I'll be Vikings or pass.
Speaker 1: For me the Unknowns this week, Jayden Daniels says that he feels fine, but he still needs to be cleared by team doctors.
Speaker 4: He's dealing with that knee sprain.
Speaker 1: Brock Purty still limited in practice, Mac Jones is limited. Also, if I end up, I'm still sitting on this forty nine Ers minus three and a half with my plant the flag bet from Tuesday's episode. If I get Adrian Martinez, I am going to throw up. So hopefully that does not happen. So it's still turf to a variant situation for Party. Hopefully he plays.
Speaker 3: And then just a Fortynineers podcast yesterday and they think that Rock Party will play all right.
Speaker 1: Like to hear that the It's interesting with that Commander's Falcons game, Stucky, you were when we were on Sunday's recap show. I was, I was, I was throwing the falcons in bet jail. You said, listen, this is the NFL might have to just back the Falcons. They were plus three on Sunday night. They are plus one and a half. Now we've seen some of the most significant line moves this week have been in that game. In particular, did you grab the three early, you feel good with where you're at, and even even still, we don't know what's going on with Jayden Daniels, but the line would dictate that it looks like he's not gonna play.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, this is what I would make it with Daniels. That's a plus three is a horrible line in my opinion. It was just an overreaction to what we just saw with the Falcons. And it's not like the Commanders have been great. Uh Like they got a bunch of special teams plays last week, they were dominated by the Packers and they beat Russell Wilson in Week one. I think this team is overrated coming into the year due for some massive aggression on laid downs. So yeah, I grabbed the three first bet I made this week. Feel good about it. I'd still play the Falcons at plus one and a half. There are and there are other injuries too. With the Commanders. You got McLaurin, They have d backs that are hurt. They have other wide receivers that.
Speaker 2: Are Clauren's getting a second evaluation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I assume. I assume he's going to be out. So I love, love, love love the Falcons here. This is also fits a Let me pull up my sheet here, this fits like three different things that I love. Falcons off a shutout loss, Dogs off a shutout loss forty six, twenty nine and three against the spread sixty one percent, Dogs off a thirty plus point loss one fifteen, seventy seven and eight against the spread sixty percent. You're talking about big samplesizes over twenty five years sixty plus percent. Why is that nobody look like what you guys were saying on Sunday. You wanted to put him in bet jail. You didn't want to bet them. Nobody wants to bet the team that they just saw get shut out or lose by thirty. But it's the NFL teams are never as bad or as good as they look. The other teams that fit those thirty plus point losses the Bengals, who I did bet on Monday night at over at seven and a half, and the Saints, who I probably will bet at fifteen and a half. I think it's just too many. The Saints were actually not that bad on a down the down basis. They were just killed by special teams. But yeah, with all the injuries down the commanders across the board against the Falcons, who I like their defensive improvements. I expect Penis to bounce back. I know he was awful last week, but I like Atlanta. I mean, Penix was good enough in Minnesota against that defense to get the win, and they should be able to run on Washington. And even if Daniels plays, I doubt it's going to be one hundred percent. He's not going to be as effective with his legs. So yeah, give me Atlanta at home all day.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is just this is just one of those that you're probably right, and yet when you watch these teams play, and the Commanders have looked pretty buttoned up so far this season outside of what the Packers were able to do to them defensively, but this Falcons team looks like a wreck.
Speaker 2: You're crazy, for real, so crazy the week before the week book.
Speaker 5: They should have beat the Bucks in Week one and then.
Speaker 6: Okay, they want at Minnesota, right, Nay McCarthy was a disaster.
Speaker 1: I mean, people in Minnesota are saying, hey, maybe Carson went to give their defense.
Speaker 6: Minnesota's defense wasn't isn't like you you're just going off of You're going off of one single data point, Like if we went. That's the same thing of why no one wanted to bet the Dolphins last week except me and a couple of others, Like, just because the Dolphins look so.
Speaker 2: Bad, your Dolphins play encouraged you in that. Don't don't love me.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm saying how people overreact all this.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying every single person, but I mean, if you just went based on week, I mean, this happens every year in weeks three and four. But everyone known wanted a bet the Browns last week because they lost by twenty five to the Ravens. But if you really watch that game, they weren't that bad. It was like it was really just fluky stuff.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, I just it's so I can't get there. I think you're right, I just I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely who wanted.
Speaker 5: About Everyone was betting the Cowboys like they knew the final score. Last week, the Bears.
Speaker 4: I bet the Bears. Lest I know.
Speaker 5: I'm just giving you examples of all this.
Speaker 6: The Bears have looked unbettable, like you couldn't play. The Falcons looked like that last week too, But it's one week in the NFL like that.
Speaker 5: That's that's just how it works in this game.
Speaker 1: But it works both ways because some things you don't want to overreact to and some things you should react to a good example of that would be to this point, the Indianapolis Colts. It just felt like, Okay, after we one they blow out the Dolphins, Well, what does that really mean? Well, they're sitting at three and oh against the spread now, So if you had properly reacted to that, you'd be cashing in on Indianapolis. I think sometimes with the limited sample size, you have to pick and choose what are you going to react to and what are you not going to react to? And the Falcons are one of those. The way that they have looked, I think I'm willing to react to the point where I'm just not willing to bet them.
Speaker 4: I have a solution, That's where That's where I'm at with that.
Speaker 2: I have a solution.
Speaker 3: If stuck he wins this bet this week, you have to bet the Falcons next week?
Speaker 2: Who do they play?
Speaker 4: They're in jail?
Speaker 2: Are they are they on the Falcons on the by next week?
Speaker 5: Do they have an early buye see that?
Speaker 3: I think Week six you have to bet the Falcons no matter what if he wins this, they're not, they're in bet jail. But if not, they're in bet jail home against the Bills.
Speaker 5: Yes, off the mine. That's a good shot, that's a good spot too.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'll say this, I'll go I'll go all in with this. And I still need to buy the shirt after losing the Dolphins bet head to head with Stuggy. But if the Falcons cover the spread, they don't even need to win.
Speaker 4: But we're talking about a thin margin here.
Speaker 1: If they just cover the spread, I will I will place a half unit bet on the Atlanta Falcons money line against the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is the solution.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you mentioned the Colts.
Speaker 6: Yes, there's always one or two exceptions to the rule where a team is gonna be significantly better and they're gonna outperform the market. But for the most part, in general, in weeks three, four, or five, you're better off, not a reacting just as a blanket statement, because are you gonna be able to pick the right ones? If you are, you can make millions of dollars. But I think in general, just this is an overarching theme. When you're better in the NFL, don't overreact to one week. And that's why these teams who lose by thirty plus have hit on the close sixty one percent against the spread over a thirty year period because no one wants to bet them. Lines usually inflated the next week. So and it's not always some you don't want to bet these, bet all of them blindly. But in this case, I'm on the Falcons, especially when you throw in the commander's injuries.
Speaker 2: I like you.
Speaker 1: Like you said, I think if you if you're gonna blanket it and just say okay, in general, we're not going to overreact, then you almost have you put yourself in a position where you have to bet all of those teams in order to hit the percentages. So you have to be on the Falcons, the Saints, and the Bengals.
Speaker 4: I just I am well then, I mean.
Speaker 6: I just I sometimes if they depending on the matchups, depending on what I may I project the number as well.
Speaker 5: There's other things that go into it. But I will be on all three this uh Wolf this weekend.
Speaker 4: I respect that.
Speaker 1: Like if you're gonna go if you're gonna go all in exactly, if you're gonna go all in with the let's not overreact. Then you have to blanket it. You gotta you gotta cover the board with the teams that we would overreact to. And then in that sense, the percentages will work in your favor.
Speaker 4: I'm not willing I guarantee too.
Speaker 6: They could easily go on three again. It's it's it's small sample sizes. But that's that's kind of my philosophy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: When bet in the NFL. So I'm now when we get to this parlay, I don't even know when you guys are gonna choose. Uh?
Speaker 2: Are we a month into this season? I'm freaking out.
Speaker 4: I can't believe next week is week five.
Speaker 1: That is very strange, But it is time for the artist formerly known as the Three Musketeers parlay took a couple of l's from the and the overlords in action have said that the Three Musketeers have to go six feet under. So what are we calling this thing? We have three options right now. We'll allow some right in candidates for the listeners out there, this is your show.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Two kings and a Queen is one option, cash or trash or the trifecta ticket for the three leg parlay do you have early votes.
Speaker 4: By the way, guys, I like cash or trash.
Speaker 5: Two Kings and a Queen would be my vote for now, but I'm gonna think on it.
Speaker 4: I'll sit this out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let the listeners decide what we end up with. So this is where we nominate two plays each see if we can find some general consensus on the board and eventually land on our team built parlay. I'll get us started since I took the I had the lone dub last week with the Chicago Bears, a team that I did not have in bet jail. I'm gonna tee up the Colts Rams over forty nine and a half or the Giants plus six and a half. So the reasoning for the over for me is one thing I can trust on both sides of these teams. I think the Colts might be a fraud, but I don't really want to bet against them. And I also think the Rams could be mentally broken after the way that they they just melted down down the stretch up nineteen against the Philadelphia Eagles. So what can I trust in this game? It's the offenses. Pokinaku has been the best wide receiver in the NFL. Jonathan Taylor has been the best running back in the NFL.
Speaker 2: In THEA just kiss Amen ra Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, statistically, Puka's been the guy. He is the most yards in the league. But really this comes down to the Colts defense. I think if the Colts are fraudulent, Danny Dimes is efficient, Jonathan Taylor is a good back, they have a good offensive line. I don't think any of that is fraudy. But the Colts rank dead last in the NFL. It's stopping teams from converting first downs. They also have zero stops in the red zone. That's not gonna bode well on the road against the Sean McVay let offense. So I think a lot of points are gonna be scored in this game. I go over forty nine.
Speaker 4: And a half.
Speaker 2: I'm probably gonna go the over, I like.
Speaker 3: I think I like that better even though I threw an option out in this game. I agree with you about the points scoring, and I just I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't get on the Giants. I can't get on the Giants. I can't do it. I need they might be in bet yill for me.
Speaker 1: See this is where I like a good gross play too, Stucky, I'm gonna go with the Giants.
Speaker 4: Plus six and a half is my other one.
Speaker 1: Rookie making his first start in the NFL against a Jim Harball not been profitable Jim Harball four to zero against the spread and games where he's going up against the rookie quarterback since joining the Chargers. Thank you Evan Abrams for that one. But betting the Chargers just feels way too easy here. Three to zero against the spread. They don't have the travel advantage ten am body clock game for them, and I think day Bole's smart enough to know let's dial back the offense. Let's run it with scataboo, Let's get easy first downs with Jackson Dart and his legs, and perhaps even pull an upset against the team that has performed over expectation three weeks in a row in the LA Chargers. So those are the two options, Stucky, where's your where's your vote?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 6: I still can't figure out the Colts, Like they're the one team that I'm like, all right, hit pause on. But the Colts aren't fast, They're slow. The Rams are so McVeigh so conservative at times, and the Rams have this hidden advantage with their kickoffs. They're like pinning teams down that they're starting within like the at the fifteen yard line. They're doing these like knuckleball line drives. The Eagles could not figure it out by starting field position like the worst in the league is the forty nine ers teams are starting. Of course, the forty nine special team is a joke. Teams are starting at like the thirty four yard line on average. The team against the Rams teams are starting at like the twenty the fourteen yard difference, so longer fields.
Speaker 5: Rams.
Speaker 6: So I can't get there because I still have a good feal on the Colts, although Kenny Moore's out could be a big loss for the Colts defense.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to go with the Giants.
Speaker 6: Because I'm going to be betting them myself, and I think that the offensive line injuries for the Chargers are major. I remember they already lost their right tackle for Sean Slater or they're left tackle, and then all had to move over before the year, and it was a disaster last week and three of those guys didn't practice.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna go with the Giants. So we need our.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ didn't get raptureds to tie.
Speaker 1: Break, mister Evan, who you got Colts Rams over giants plus six and a half.
Speaker 7: I'll take the giants. And I've been waiting for seven, So there's the reason I haven't gotten there.
Speaker 5: And I figured saying, that's what I'm waiting for you to come in.
Speaker 7: But I think I think the Rams and Giants are the right sides. I just think it depends on the number.
Speaker 3: I feel like that episode of Peppa Pig where his friend calls him and he's like, can you whistle? And he finds out he can't whistle and he just hangs up the phone.
Speaker 4: Are we supposed to remember episodes of Peppa Pig.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you better get rid of you're about to be a dad. Papa Pig is still a thing?
Speaker 5: Is it a cartoon?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It's like a really really teeny like tiny kids shell.
Speaker 4: It's for like five year olds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still you will be I I guarantee in three years you will be well rehearsed in Papa Peg.
Speaker 5: Is it like songs and stuff?
Speaker 3: Is that it's just like a little kids show about like English, Like they're British pigs and it's it's kind of cute.
Speaker 4: I like it somehow I've avoided Pepa Pig.
Speaker 5: What was your favorite show growing up as a little kid.
Speaker 1: The Cartoon Network was so popular when I was little, Johnny Bravo, Zooms, the Scooby Doo was a.
Speaker 6: Big Struggrats was probably mine when I was really young.
Speaker 5: Are you too old for Prougrats, Kendra?
Speaker 2: I'm too young for Yeah?
Speaker 5: I too young?
Speaker 2: Yeah, rugrats are like on their way out, and I.
Speaker 6: Was all right, So I'll give my two are the falcons who already gave, and I'll also give what are my other options?
Speaker 5: Here? I'll tell you what I'm gonna play or played? I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Put the jags in the notes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna get through the jags. Uh.
Speaker 4: Sulky and I are in. We are.
Speaker 1: We are like two rams butting heads right now.
Speaker 3: No, this is genuinely when you're a little kid and your parents are arguing in the kitchen and you're just sitting there trying to eat your mac and cheese and peace and you're.
Speaker 2: Not supposed to hear them fighting. This is literally what I feel like right now. My parents are fighting in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: You don't like these, I'll give three options. I already mentioned the Falcons. I won't make you. I won't make you, guys consider the Saints.
Speaker 4: I can consider the Saints, and.
Speaker 5: People bet the Saints Falcons. Let's see the other two I'll put out throw out. There are the Jags, the forty nine ers.
Speaker 6: Injuries are devastating, and even if pretty plays, I don't think it's gonna be fully healthy. I don't know if it's gona be able to drive. And they have the Rams on Thursday night, so and they're already three and oh, so they might just be cautious with some of their injuries. Uh, there's injuries at wide receiver, on defense, the offensive line, both quarterbacks are hurt, and with a divisional game on Thursday, they might go super considerable. I like what I've seen from from the Jags, and they're much better shape health wise. They just need to stop dropping balls. But there's so much better coached takes, their offensive scheme under Liam Cohen, their defensive structure, and what the coverages they're running on the back end instead of just running man with personnelity, you don't have to run man like they did.
Speaker 5: All last year.
Speaker 6: So Jags at over a field goal with all the San Fran injury uncertainty, and then I'll throw out the Pats.
Speaker 2: It's five and a half though, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Pats minus five and a half. I don't, I don't. The Panthers not gonna be able to move the ball, like and Christian Zalas should be back. That's and the Pats moving the ball up and down the field. They should have won last week. Panthers, by the way, off of a shutout win. Dogs off a shutout win historically thirty one percent against the spread. Like, think about your reaction just now, who wants to you take? The Panthers are getting five and out, they just want thirty nothing. Well, historically Dogs after a shutout win thirty thirty one and a half percent, So I'll throw them out. They're gonna move the ball on this Panthers defense, and I think the Panthers are They're going to lose the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Mac Millan also hurt. Yeah, Patriots, I'm taking the Falcons.
Speaker 5: Jags and Falcons Falcons.
Speaker 2: Kramitz.
Speaker 4: I mean you know that, just morally, I can't.
Speaker 1: I would rather and I'm i took a sprinkle in the Panthers money line just in case what happened last week was real. If that's the case, then they'll hang with New England and at least be in it at the end of the game. At two to one odds. I felt like that was a bit that I had to at least sprinkle on. The Panthers are dealing with a load of injuries with wide receivers as well, and they were dealing with that coming into the season.
Speaker 4: They might not be.
Speaker 5: Starters as well.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Panthers plus the points definitely not the right side. I don't think the Patriots are worthy favorites of that sort of margin, but I'm not I'm already on the forty nine ers. I think I would say the Patriots would be my vote. Evan, you might have to break the time, Okay, yep.
Speaker 5: Ye, Patriots and Falcons.
Speaker 7: Is the choice between Patriots and Falcons. I thought we were talking Jaguars.
Speaker 6: Well, Jaguars are in there too, and if you if you they didn't get any votes, if you picked the Jags, and I'd break the tie on my own.
Speaker 7: I love the Jags At three and a half, that would be the I would touch Carolina at six. Aside from that, I kind of agree with both of you. I wouldn't touch Carolina or New England. That's a past spot. I need to learn more about both of those teams to make the bat. I think the Jaguars BET's great.
Speaker 5: All right, so especially Kendra's gonna be there.
Speaker 2: So I feel like you guys had like a pre show meeting where you were like, let's fuck with Kendra this week because she's gonna be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have to go to the Jags, all right, So we got Jags and Giants.
Speaker 4: I can do this. I can't even put this in the app. What's my first bet this week was the forty nine ers?
Speaker 5: Well, you can make up for the loser.
Speaker 2: Now I'm having a heart attack.
Speaker 3: My cat.
Speaker 4: My cat is so upset. She just ran over my equipment.
Speaker 3: My dog just jumped into snuggling my ghost pillow.
Speaker 4: Now, all right, so what.
Speaker 5: You got, Bendor? What are your choices you're bringing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: I am bringing the Rams to cover or the Ravens to cover. I'm putting a gun to both of your head. It seems like Evan already gave his opinion in this. I think that this is probably easy for both of you. I was just feeling he hustledly. You guys are going the Rams, I figure, heamn, this is.
Speaker 5: I'm a Ravens fan. I usually have a good read on them.
Speaker 6: I can't go to the Ravens with all their injuries, so for me, yeah, I mean, I wish it was three, and if the three I will bet it. But I do like especially with the Kenny Moore injury, and.
Speaker 5: This is so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, give me the Rams was great.
Speaker 1: The fact that I hate this parlay so much probably means it's gonna come home, So I'll take I'll take the Rams as my vote minus three and a half.
Speaker 3: This is incredible, My Rams, Jags, and Giants. I'm telling you, guys my Sunday video for Socials after I have a couple of beers. If they lose this game or win, this game is going to be an absolute old timer.
Speaker 2: I might get beat up by a forty nine Ers fan.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to watch those Yeah, be careful the forty nine Ers fans can be I.
Speaker 3: Know a forty nine Ers fan pulled my hair in Jacksonville at the game last time.
Speaker 2: They played. Literally a grown ass man pulled my hair.
Speaker 6: At least it's not like a dog. It's the jag, so it's at least it's not like a Dodgers Giants gamer. By the way, we didn't mention even the luck the luck the luck matchup of the week. Check out Nikiffin's luck rankings on the action of our gap the two luckiest teams. I'm in the luck rankings. I'm the unluckiest one. The two lucky teams in the league by far are playing each other in the Eagles and the Bucks. And I'm not just saying that it's a formula. They've been extremely lucky every single week, and I faded them five times already. Of course, the two luckiest teams. So and I'm one and four and I almost run on the game if they don't block it. The Jets don't block that field goal, So those are the two luckiest teams. A lot of injuries to monitor for the Bucks. I got nothing there, but I just wanted to mention the luck crankings. Make sure you check them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, it's an invaluable resource. Chris Godwin might be back for Tampa Bay. They need that because Mike Evans is.
Speaker 4: Out Tristan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and Baker Mayfield, by the way, dealing with the right bicep injury. That's us throwing arm. That's that is definitely something to monitor. I don't think you should touch that game until we get more information on Sunday.
Speaker 4: All right, there we go. It's locked in.
Speaker 1: We get the Rams minus three and a half, we get the Eggs plus three and a half, we get the Giants plus six and a half as.
Speaker 4: Our newly named parlay.
Speaker 1: Keep it locked on all of the Action Network social channels and we'll get your vote on what we.
Speaker 4: Call this thing moving forward.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for today's episode special thanks to the producers Gifford Gold and David Paine.
Speaker 4: The Favorites War turn no show on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: We'll be back on Tuesday afternoon right here on the Action Network YouTube page when we talk NFL Week five, Kendra, have fun in San Francisco, Stucky, good luck as we go ahead to head this week. Thanks for tuning in. We'll see you next time here on the Favorites Podcast. It's Cassie's tickets.
Speaker 2: Action Network reminds you please gamble responsibly if you or someone you care about has a gambling problem. Help is available twenty four to seven at one eight hundred Gambler