Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 1: Free and it's slice time for Brooklyn Boys Podcast episode number two eighty seven an eighty six.
Speaker 3: If you're late or before or episode twelve. If that's what you're up to, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Somebody tweeted me a quote from like episode two forty eight. Isn't that awesome? It's fantastic. I just don't remember it. Yeah, like I might remember like an overall like what we talked about, but oh, you have to be specific. If you're like, oh my god, that card joke in two forty eight, I can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to tell me the whole joke. You got to start over again. Yeah, you gotta set it up.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. But if I tell you how bad it is with me, I'll I'll tell you who the slices. I got a tweet today, I'll open up the app. By the way, I still call it Twitter, and it's still Twitter on my phonks. I refused to update the app. It's okay, okay, you're like, you're not like, oh no, brow not being judged. Okay. So Reggie at Fallow Blue twelve, he has a very funny avatar. He said, oh my god, David Brody the affirmative action joke from two eighty seven of the Brooklyn Boys. Hilarious. I'm dying. I have to go back and I must have made a joke either about the gray parrots or black less. No, it was no, it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, yes, and we both screamed out reparations we had less on the phone.
Speaker 1: I remember, yeah, I remember the whole where it was. I just don't remember exactly what I said. So now I want to go and let you know and enjoy myself, so to speak. And out of context this sounds racist. Well, if you want to listening to the episode, I mean, we have no context. The awesome without any cot I offended you. Somebody said they thought you were a little you know, and I said, no, he's not. You know me, I'm like, scary, isn't that way about anything? Like, don't read too much of this, you know, you know why? Why did? It's crazy? You think you think our slices would know us by now and who we really are. But well he's like, I get the impression that's scary. I was like, no, Scary doesn't think deeply into that at all. Like, I really don't. You have no political, racial, religious leanings in any of That's why I'm happy, and that's why I likes, all loves, all cares about nothing past I've got. I've got no stress, I've got no anxiety because I'm an even keeled guy. He's got no strings on me. He's he's just like I'm scary. Anytime you're like, hey, is scary something like Nope, he's not. He's just scary. Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, since we're talking about the last episode before we get to the slices slice time, where if you clicked on that talkback microphone you were able to leave that comment for us if you only exclusively through the iHeartRadio app. If you listen to anywhere else, sorry, you don't get that opportunity. So somebody wrote to us on email talking about the separate check and it comes from Eileen Swazzo.
Speaker 1: She emails us Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com. It's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com. Thank you, I love you both. Brooklyn girl here lives in North who lives in North Carolina. Now for twenty two years slide Slice for Life, I have not left a callback talkback because I don't listen on iHeart, but see exactly what I was talking about. But here's my take on separate checks. Absolutely fucking not. If you don't just drop your card at the end of the evening, not only will I not go out with you, I don't think we could be friends. Wow. I do this on a girl out of Brooklyn, can't take the Brooklyn do this on girls trips as well.
Speaker 3: So Brody, I side with you most of the time, but on this one, I'm all the way with Scary.
Speaker 1: Love you both. I lean city girl in the somewhat country. Thank you nice, I think if I remember correctly, and again I don't remember correctly what I what I say half the time. I didn't say that I'm all for separate checks all the time, just that I liked it. The South practice is that, and it works for them. We definitely wouldn't work in New York. It's people are moving too fast enough time for that. Yep, all right, and for that. And also before we get to them, Teresa, just cleaning out the inbox, you know what I'm saying. Yep, cleaning out my inbox. Hey, Brooklyn boys, especially Scary.
Speaker 3: I've attached a picture for you This was in the newspaper here in Vero Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: They run birthdays every year. Michael McDonald is definitely white. Love you both. So they had Michael McDonald's picture wishing him a happy birthday. Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: That's Teresa Raypak, formerly from Woodbridge, New Jersey, but living here in Vero Beach since July of twenty twenty. She moved there for a better life. She says, all right, well, I have some relatives the Sunshine who moved from New Jersey to Vero Beach. Vero Beach.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's still the home, but it used to be the home of the Dodgers' spring training Yeah, Dodgertown, yep, zero Beach. And we have one more. I might as well just read it because I'm cleaning out the inbox. Cleaning out that in box from Elizabeth nebell or Nebelle a member of the Petco Palace program. And as a member, I receive a free or discounted bag of dog food for every ten of the same type that I buy. She's a Petco Palace program. Yeah, but here's a scamboni.
Speaker 3: Every time I go into the store, they have different flavors of the food that I buy from my pet. The store makes it impossible to ever purchase ten bags of the same food, hence no discount or free bag ever.
Speaker 1: Love you, you gotta be the same flavor. Yeah, wow, that's ten of anything there, So she's fucked. Love you guys. I'm up to episode one sixty where you're still masking and deep in COVID times. Now we're in round two making masking up again.
Speaker 3: Just checked out your merch shop for a mask, but no look sold out.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, we used to have them. Uh, thank you for the laughs. Is that an email? Yes, Elizabeth Anabelle, you have any photo it to you? You have an extra mask plan?
Speaker 4: No, I have.
Speaker 1: I have access to the email account, you know what I have. I had a box of like four five of them somewhere, but they were they were like really large. They like they weren't like for a girl's face. Yeah, although I'll give you one to Gandhi. Yeah Gandhi, Yeah, because she she she was uh well talking about that on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. I noticed you had a problem with that. I did. It's like it's gotta be I know. We'll get to the talkbacks it's gotta be weird listening to our episodes that we recorded during the beginning of Oh my God. Yeah, because it was a different time. We had different equipment, Like we were like not set up at home to sound good, and you know, we didn't know anything. We know, we can't. We did what we could at the time. I know, I know. Yeah, now we'll talk about Ghan glad not to be in that anymore. Gandhi embarrassing me. All right, So here we go first, talkback. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hey, see from the Bronx over there. Oh boy, Brody, you're a dick. You can't dictate how he gets paid for. He's teal already gotten your free steak dinner. It doesn't matter that it was calm.
Speaker 1: We're still on this.
Speaker 5: You can't be a gift card, just like flagging the other way last week.
Speaker 1: Steve, thank you, thank you. All Right, we've beat the dead horse. Can we please stop with steak emails and phone calls and and and talkbacks?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, just not this week? No, no, not someone who agrees with me, I got it. Yeah, all right, seriously, let's let's give it a rest.
Speaker 7: Hey, this is Manny from New York.
Speaker 8: I just want to say to Rock and Steve Man, just shut the funk up, all right, because Rody deserves the steak dinner.
Speaker 1: Scary's got to pay.
Speaker 7: For the stake.
Speaker 1: And that's just how it is, thank you.
Speaker 6: That's how it is and how.
Speaker 7: It was, how's gonna be until the steak dinner is paid off.
Speaker 6: In addition, Scary, bring back the jingles, bring them home, all right, bring them they belong.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Enough of this, enough of the steak dinner, still talk, enough of that, you know what, just slices, Just so you know, we have no way of playing these in any order other than the order they come in.
Speaker 1: So the fact that Rock and Steve left that call and then that guy responded that we had nothing to do with that, that you didn't that is pure luck. It's not advanced enough for us to move them around. And let me be very clear, we Brody and I are listening to these live, oh the first time, as you're hearing them. We're hearing them live as I'm pressing the play button. So we don't know what's coming up, and that could be a bad thing.
Speaker 9: Hey, Brooklyn, boys, Jamie from Queen's Here, Scary, you said that people don't have the luxury of going food shopping at eleven am like you do.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 9: I go food shopping at eleven am.
Speaker 4: And I don't take two hours.
Speaker 9: But I guess bougie matters because I'm not in the store looking for fucking Brooklyn Industrial Peter Malar coffee creamer that's stored behind a velvet rope and you need an all access VIP pass to get to. So I guess you got to take into account for time, your bo.
Speaker 1: Well done, Thank you, Jamie. That's a lot of references in one sentence, Jane, it was one complete sentence of that was fantastic. That's great, guys.
Speaker 10: Manny from Brooklyn here, you got to stop with his bomb valvet is my god, fucking nine in r row.
Speaker 11: It's driving me up a fucking wall. Oh shit, two three is funny, but this is ridiculous.
Speaker 12: We'll go on.
Speaker 1: He's right over. You can't argue with a man who says to a tree is funny? To a tree? Three or four? Oh Pete Puma from Bugs Bunny of course.
Speaker 13: Rachel from New York again, definitely have to add some more scary. You are right, there's plenty of research coming out in the past couple of years post COVID showing adverse effects delays and social cognitive development for example, and a lot of other academic skills. But essentially, for two years, kids were deprived of the opportunity to be social and to learn how to be social during COVID.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, but they didn't bring the virus home and get me sick. And that's how I came.
Speaker 14: Rachel from New York again. Now I've got to flip it and say that Scary is wrong.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, Rody is right regarding it being COVID being treated like the flu.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you two need to.
Speaker 14: Get it together and check your research before you go ahead and correcting each other, because you have both been right and both been wrong in the past sixty seconds of what I've just listened to on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let it let it be known that this is a show for fun entertainment. And yeah, we're not a new we're not a news we're not a news source. We're here for editorial purposes, I know, to get our own opinions, which, by the way, sometimes are not based in those opinions or our opinions. And then they're not fact. I have three kids and they were all adversely affected by lockdowns. But you know, I don't remember lying that. I'm just saying I have read articles, all right. Read people could write articles that are wrong. I read articles. I read articles. I read shit. Yeah, I had kids.
Speaker 15: Minded of the scamboni that happened to me and a friend of mine years ago. We had gone out to a hookah bar and we were there for half priced hookah and half price drinks. My friend orders a whiskey sour. I get a rum and coke. Okay, cool, half price drinks awesome. Now we were there an hour before it ended. Hang on for part two.
Speaker 16: Oh boy, Jamie from Queen's here Part two.
Speaker 15: So we find out at the end of the night when we get our bill that the drinks weren't half price because.
Speaker 16: They put top shelf alcohol in our drinks for some reason which we didn't ask for, and that top shelf isn't included in the half priced drinks.
Speaker 15: Wow, So we weren't getting a discount because they just.
Speaker 4: To put better alcohol. Bullshits, We didn't ask for. Scamboni.
Speaker 1: It's a very big scamboni.
Speaker 16: James and Queen's Part three. So I found out after we got scambonied years later that they were suspected of using illegal tobacco in their hookahs. It was in a newspaper article in a local paper, and they were among several hookah places in Queens named and then poof, all of a sudden, it's shut down.
Speaker 17: So they were scamboning a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Wow, And who's to say that the expensive alcohol that was coming out of those bottles weren't mixed with cheap alcohol? And you were getting the ship anyway, all this trick in the book you put the old uh, the well vodka in the expensive bottle, right, But for them to just not tell you that they're doing that or not, as you don't you can't remember if you tasted a top shelf or not, Scamboni, You didn't come there for half priced drinks because you wanted to shelf. You want to cheap cheap buzz Hey, Yes, how you doing? It's me again?
Speaker 6: You know, I'd like to give you the old air horn right now, but I can't because my truck's in the shop. It's getting a couple of brake chambers replaced that are leaking air and the cheffs for getting a couple of new steer tires UH tall rubber eleven twenty four or five. And while I'm at it, I'm getting the wheel alive and hopefully the suspension ain't too worn out. And I don't wanna need any kinkpins or anything like that. But I don't wanna give you something anyway, because I can't let my public down.
Speaker 7: You know, cool, really recla.
Speaker 6: Not a sponsor, by the way, come on one more time play the jingle bitch, Let's go one, two three.
Speaker 1: Cool of a sponsor, but I wish they.
Speaker 18: Were because they really soothed my throat.
Speaker 1: How do you know that wasn't a sound effect? Hey, speaking of of our trucker friend, Natalie Jones d m me a screenshot from the Brooklyn Boy Slices page. It's a guy looks like he's driving a truck. He's got his cowboy boot up on the dashboard and it says another day at the office, patiently waiting for the next episode to get dropped. And he's like, I think I found the cowboy And then I looked at his name. Scary. His name is Benjamin Dover. Ben Dover.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's back. Again, what's going on? It's me again, you know me. I don't give a shit, you know, but all this fighting amongst the slashes, it makes miss said, man, this ain't no place to be fan. It's a place to get together. But you know, anyway that I had to pick side. I have to say that that was on Brody side most of the time. And Rock and Steve, I'm on your side, man, Non'm going on where stay here, but it don't go on where You're a good slash And Madeline from omaham on your side. That Chad from Oma Hall, he's full of shit, he is from. Yeah, I'm a grand room there from upstate New York. And I'm sorry Andrew and try to stay with your three talkback room.
Speaker 7: But I had to come back up.
Speaker 1: Here and give you a shout out, you know.
Speaker 6: And yeah, there, don't be fighting, man, It's not cool to be fighting, you know. And in the words of not Joe lebre And you remember that movie there he said in there, remember it is not polite to fight your neighbor. Okay, all right there, so don't fight your neighbor there, all right?
Speaker 1: Okay? Can you notice he went hot after chat from Omaha. Yeah, yeah, he's and did you also notice that hispanic accent was was very good? See goodness, Hey.
Speaker 19: Brooklyn boys, it's Maryland from Omaha. I'm listening to episode two eighty six.
Speaker 12: And oh gandhi definitely can once blocked you, Brodie, like thank you like she did and and she meant to like like she totally meant to, and but I'm on your side.
Speaker 19: She did, she did block you, but love you.
Speaker 1: Guys, you right around.
Speaker 18: Good morning. This is Chad from Omaha, and I would just like, it's always going to be Brodie with Scary or should it be Brodie with Scary? What do you think, Brodie? Let me know which one you like best. You know, the jingle singers always say dessert. Is it dessert or dessert? You need to correct them if it's not right. It's all desserts.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 18: This is Chad from Omaha, and it's always going to be Brodie with Scary. I forgot to send my girl Karen Lynn from Omaha a great big shout out. I am so proud of her. It seems that she may have gotten finally the correct dosage on her medication, as she did not make any awful threats to this time or get angry. Good job, Karen Lynn, Good afternoon. This is Chad from Omaha, home of the Omaha State Company. Not a sponsor anymore. But I was so surprised to find out that Madelyne from Omaha's last name was Monroe. Did you know that there was an actress named Marilyn Monroe back in the day.
Speaker 1: That is quite a coincidence. Madelyne from Omaha. Okay, there you go, Thank you so much. I gotta tell you, the more I hear him do non trucker voice, the more I think I know who it is. Yeah, all right, it's another caller. Is that Wan Valdez. I'm not I'm not ready to I'm not ready to pull that trigger yet because I gotta say. If it is, he's got way too much time on his hand, do it three characters. I'm feeling inflection. Let's see what one calls like.
Speaker 20: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Nick from Washington State. Yeah, I beliving a talk back on the damn Talkback podcast. Anyways, Scary Jones, you just spent two hours in Whole Foods. You came from Dominican Republic.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure you can swallow eight dollars for parking.
Speaker 20: Uh yeah, and nobody gives a shit how much money you spend there, But sir, you can afford it.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your whole Foods grocery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not about It's about the principle behind it, right, Brodie, It's not about the money, it's about the principle.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're with me on that. That's rude. I got fucked.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, hey, Reggie.
Speaker 17: Here another disgusting update. Went into the library bathroom the other day ago, and you know, mostly little kids come in here with their parents and stuff. But on the toilet seat there was this chunky red stuff and I'm like, no way, someone.
Speaker 4: Got her period all over.
Speaker 17: This didn't clean it up so disgusting, But after licking it it was strawberry jokes. All right.
Speaker 1: We have some stand up comedians here. Somebody told a similar joke recently about shit and they were like, no, it was putting. I said that that particular joke goes around.
Speaker 19: Hey, hey, ricklam boys, it's Marylynd from Omaha listening to episode two eighty six and Scary's talking about taking his time in Costco. I agree with you if you go at the right time. It's fine to take your time in Costco. Yeah, like, it's all good. And I ordered one of your autographed shirts, so I hope you write something nice on my shirt. Love you guys, You're croty Brody, scary love you.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. And by the time you guys hear this, the signature promotion at Brooklynboys dot Big Hotel dot com will be over. We'll be done. But who else. Maybe we'll bring it again someday, but not now, not now, because if it's all the time, then it's.
Speaker 17: Yeah, scary two million dollars system and your microphone can't.
Speaker 15: Even reach the table for mister Brody, Like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Come on, I don't understand that. Oh a year ago, when I was at your house, your apartment, we did the podcast from there and I sat at your table. Oh yeah, and the microphone barely reached, barely reached. Yeah, all right, I must.
Speaker 21: Have referenced and scary Scary Brody, it's dead from ct Babe dance checking voice Bruce. Last time I remember that you said you guys are gonna have on the podcast.
Speaker 17: He was on a train.
Speaker 21: Somewhere and it would have been bad reception or whatnot.
Speaker 7: Whatnot.
Speaker 21: He was in the checking in, checking in, just like scary, not bringing home those fucking jingles. I bring home the fucking jingle.
Speaker 22: Scary.
Speaker 21: That makes two women from Connecticut that are yelling at you about jingles. I still love you guys, though, slice alive.
Speaker 1: It is all right. Thank you. By the way, called me yesterday, and he says this because he knows my mind is like a computer when it comes to the parodies I've written. He said, uh, who did our pitbull parodies? Like twelve years ago? Well, who was the singer mc wow? So he's like, can you name some of the parodies you did? And and Sean Paul and shut up?
Speaker 5: Aul.
Speaker 1: I was like, you mean Brandon. He's like, yes, Brandon, so uh yeah, I have an insane memory when it comes to the thousands of parodies I've written. He called me about like something I wrote like twelve years ago. Oh you know, you know you grew up listening to him. Yeah I grew Yeah I did.
Speaker 23: Hello, and this is your weekly reminder to bring home the fucking jingles. I just applied for a new position at Disneyland. Hopefully I'll get the position. I could be the greatest announcer in these hair parts say slice for life.
Speaker 4: No, you don't want to say slice for life.
Speaker 1: For life?
Speaker 24: That's it.
Speaker 1: Oh, d thank you Danielle. So here's a jingle right now here. Listen to this one. Yeah, the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 25: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: Oh. We have a lot more of these great commercials. I don't even my favorites. And the jingles before the commercial was fantastic. It was fantastic. We gotta wow, we gotta plot through these well, hit them, hit them. Let's go.
Speaker 26: Hey, Brody and Scary. This is Samantha from Saint Louis answering Brody's requests for our talkback on episode tw eighty seven about height. I married the five to ten guy and dumped the six seven guy. All right, so that's my experience. I love you guys, but.
Speaker 3: You did but you did date the six seven guys. Well, she definitely went for the tall guy, but then realized the error of her ways. Right, five to ten baby, But it means that you're open to dating the six seven guy. But she didn't just baste on his height because obviously he was but he was the mistake.
Speaker 1: Well, no, the issue was do you date a guy deliberately for the height, which she didn't really respond to, but she might have. But and then she realized, oh, this guy sucks and dumped him for the five to ten guy after.
Speaker 4: Grammar police. He just said, fails in comparison, Rachel from there, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Pales in comparison, right, had to be you so pales in comparison? Did I say fails? Yeah, you must have. That's pretty funny. I misspoke, hey, Brooklyn.
Speaker 15: Boys say, I hate to say it, it's scaries, right. No, there are women who will.
Speaker 9: Go for the less attractive six foot five guys over the super hot guy who's five to ten and her height doesn't matter. There are women who were like five two five three that still want the six foot guy. You'd really be surprised, Brody. What other factors go into a woman's liking men over the guy's attractiveness.
Speaker 1: I've got none of them. So fills in what's.
Speaker 5: Going on scaring Brody Rock and Steve from the Bronx over there.
Speaker 1: First of all, Brody, I owe an apology. Sorry about my.
Speaker 5: Amazing angs. If I'm less, that's recording. Last recording I made. I was way out of control and I'm sorry. But with that being said, Maddie from Brooklyn, go fuck yourself, cubby.
Speaker 4: Cow.
Speaker 1: Now we do not want to sil warm between I'm calm now. Apology for you got time?
Speaker 7: Stop it.
Speaker 1: By the way, Rock and Steve, if you're from the Bronx, you're from the Bronx over there? You really? You mean you're from the Bronx over here? Up there? Up there? Well, it depends on where you're living. But whoever he is, he's up, he's there. The point was he said there, but it's here.
Speaker 7: He's there from Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Oh somebody else.
Speaker 10: Guy's Vinnie from Brooklyn. I'm listening to this latest episode and the conversation with the parrots. Whether it's understanding or association, I think that's the key words there is. Uh, they don't understand us. I don't think like they can't say, hey, how are you and understand we're having a bad day, rather than they associate words with actions or reactions.
Speaker 6: I hope I made myself clear.
Speaker 1: You did. He's he continues, though he continues Its possible Rock and Steve is a parrot and he's just cursing into the farm.
Speaker 11: Nny from Brooklyn again. Other thing I wanted to tell you what, I've actually seen videos of dogs listening to the sounds that their owners make in the same tones as like, let's say sit, they say, and they still sit.
Speaker 1: It's the tone rather than the word. It's okay.
Speaker 11: Whether it's you know, one hundred percent accurate or not, I don't know, but I've seen many videos of people doing that.
Speaker 1: Nice cool, I thought. But anyhow, boy so when I tell one of my dogs to give me a kiss, I may end up with piss? Is that what I'm hearing? If I say it the same way, it's always brody and scary.
Speaker 14: At this time, it's especially brody and scary because scary.
Speaker 4: You're wrong.
Speaker 27: He may attract some women. But you said you see it in bars because you only go to the bougie bars with bottle service, or to the bougie bars at pool side with women and bikinis. You're not hanging at places where there's women with substance who look at other things other than physical atments like so.
Speaker 1: You're show us those bars. Please, You're talking about a bar, and it doesn't matter what you dive bar or bougie bar. The same level of intellect I think is common.
Speaker 6: No, No, for both.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Would like to focus on what she said, though, Where are these bars where women of substance are looking for men of substance? Not that I'm single, I'm just curious. I when I was single, I never saw those bars. They'll tell you, they'll tell you that they're looking for each other with substance. But I'm saying, you know what you're saying, as long as the substance is tall. No, no, no, no, I'm not nope, not going to say another word bout my tongue on this one is down still in your apartment? No, we're just gonna, We're just gonna. We're just gonna move along. Oh you wait to talk on the Brooklyn Boys about your bed?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The next episode of the episode.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, Yes, Brody and Scary. This is Tamara from upstate New York. Bingham tend to be exact.
Speaker 1: I have nice voice singing in a while, but.
Speaker 4: I had to weigh in on the height thing.
Speaker 15: As a taller woman.
Speaker 4: I am five foot eight. I I agree with Brody. I usually agree with Brody, though this is probably going to be a two parter, and I've never done that before, so I apologize in advance. I'm five to eight. I would much much rather d a five or eleven very good looking guy then six five ugly guy. I'll just I just won't wear heels and simple. So I don't know, that's just me. Some women might be different. I don't know that's just me. I love you guys, obviously. I'm a slice for life and just the quick side. Know is less single my only chance?
Speaker 1: Just just wondering, but definitely into the lessness. Yeah single, I believe he is. Yes, last check, I believe he is. Yeah. By the way, I like that she's into less without ever seeing him, just his personality. Yeah, there you go. All right, that's nice.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I will say.
Speaker 3: She said she's five to eight and did a guy five eleven? Five eleven is still pretty tall. It's tall, it's not six or five. Would she have dated a guy who's five to five?
Speaker 1: Probably not. She didn't say she wouldn't if it's a guy. If it's a guy five to five versus a guy who's five nine, a guy hurt? I don't know.
Speaker 3: She said she doesn't want to wear heels and the guy is still the guy? Where is he five three inches taller. She's five eight, he's a five eleven. I'm just saying five eleven is pretty tall. Full of them, both of us.
Speaker 1: I'm five eleven. You are not your five to ten. I have five eleven? Are you really? Yeah, I've always been, even after you lose the weight five eleven all the time. I might be scary. Yeah. But they say that when you shrink, they say say late later in life, when you're in the seventies eighties, you start shrinking. Is that right? I wouldn't know, all right, I'm not that.
Speaker 28: No.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, when people get people get hunched over that they lose height in their in their in their vertebrae. Absolutely great. Can't wait. You can you can lose three or four inches and when you get a looking forward to the future. Danny P. From Bayo, New Jersey, Slights for life, Brodie are scary as always. Thank you scary. You're talking shit already two minutes into the podcast. I got the jingos, will play them later, play any fucking game every.
Speaker 4: Fucking week week two weeks.
Speaker 1: That's the third time you're pulling this ship on us, sup.
Speaker 4: We'll see hopefully I don't even know the fucking podcast.
Speaker 1: Later it's what I do.
Speaker 4: Hi. So this is J from Pennsylvania. Love your show. So as far as the tall guy in the room, I.
Speaker 29: Did always go for the taller guys because I'm five to nine and it was made so smaller, so that was good. As far as the battle hap thing, I don't think that really has anything to do with that. I know, like what soda doesero sugars are usually black top, but I think it doesn't really matters the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm seeing that more and more. I'm trying to do more research into that. I think someone just took a video. But yeah, someone to a video out there on TikTok with different color bottle caps for different color, different types of water, and it just doesn't all match up, and people are trying to disprove that person's theory.
Speaker 1: Now, was it the same girl who said that golf was gentleman only? Like that tag means touch and go. Yeah. No, Hey, guys.
Speaker 30: Eric Diericho from Connecticut and I have a conspiracy theory regarding Scary. I think that he accidentally deleted all of the jingles and he's pretending to forget it, pretending that he doesn't have time, pretending that he's too bougie to get them, but in reality he accidentally deleted it and doesn't want to admit it to us.
Speaker 1: It's a great theory, it's a theory, but that would let him move to talk for being lazy, which is that's what it is. It's a laziness forgetful problem when it work. He's too busy.
Speaker 25: He's very and scary.
Speaker 15: Christy from Saddlebrook.
Speaker 25: Out of the choices Brody you listed, I would go with a five to ten gorgeous okay, and then the six.
Speaker 4: Foot and then last the six foot five.
Speaker 1: Eh guy, Mike, okay, ride into height.
Speaker 4: Thank you, keep up the good work.
Speaker 1: She likes the hot five to ten guy.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 17: When somebody has like a glaring mistake in math, what do we need to yell something? Obviously it's not braver police. We need to yell something because the woman with the twelve talkbacks just said, scary, you order sixty hours worth of food. I'll order one hundred, and then instead of you paying thirty, you can pay sixty and one hundred is one hundred and sixty. Half of one hundred and sixty is eighty. What is happening here?
Speaker 4: Why are we just why are we just saying anything?
Speaker 1: That's she's she's ripping her. I either either say math fail or the math's not mathing. That's that's a social media again. I was talking, don't worry. Oh go ahead, No middle Maybe it didn't. Sorry, my MIC's on? Is it delay? Okay? What are you going to say? I just said social media says the math isn't mathing. That seems what the expression is. I just say math fail?
Speaker 25: Hi bid boys, CHRISTI from Saddlebrook again that kid should have gotten his ass out of the car said hello, mister Brodie, sat in the back and let you sit in the front. That is the polite, purtiest and respectful thing to do.
Speaker 4: My girlfriend, who's.
Speaker 25: Our designated driver, her thirty two year old son will join us sometimes and he'll sit in the back the.
Speaker 4: Third row of the suv.
Speaker 1: The damn right.
Speaker 24: You know, you know who does carry on?
Speaker 1: You know who does that? Gen xers and maybe some millennials, but gen Z and Jen Alpha forget it, especially Jen Alpha. They don't. They don't have that respect that we have held shut out for five What are you talking about thirteen fourteen? Oh they listen, that's your parents need to get them out. Then this kid was all enough to know on his own.
Speaker 28: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Mark from Bayshore, husband of Caitlin, father of Luke.
Speaker 4: And uh, this is a response to eighty six.
Speaker 2: Who's your custcary?
Speaker 28: Why are you shopping for two hours? If you're a single band, I don't care. If you were, you did shop for a year, Why you're taking two hours? You definitely were eating in the food court.
Speaker 1: Nah, nah, I just take my time. I read labels. I just it's relaxing. It's relaxing for me. His wife told him the story, and he was so moved and shocked by it he had to call with her in the car. But I like, they couldn't wait. But it's true though, I really me personally, shopping doesn't bother me. I just getting me there is the problem. But once I'm there, I'm then paying for parking. I'm invested, you invested in the parking lot.
Speaker 17: I like Slice Time, but when it starts, I have to quickly fast forward past the theme song and the same thing at the end, because if I hear it, it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day, no.
Speaker 1: Matter what I do sorry about that. That's a good sign, very very very catchy. When you hear the parody lyrics more than the real lyrics, that's a good thing for me. I thought you was gonna say she didn't like it. I only not like that, Janle.
Speaker 4: It's not taking it.
Speaker 1: It's taking. It's taking. We hear you saying, oh crap, Yeah.
Speaker 24: And wife should stay at Scary's bead. Just get a mattress, cove chan the sheets. People stay in hotels all the time. You don't know who's been there. This is MJ from NJ. Brody Scary, Scary Brodie. I don't know.
Speaker 9: I didn't do this right.
Speaker 1: You did have to correct it. You did that. You did it perfect well, so much so that we're going to hear her say the same thing next. But let's see what she does A good job repeat it.
Speaker 24: Hey, Scary Brody, Brodie, scary the luck with the move, Brody. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm trying to record this. I can't see it.
Speaker 4: I don't got my glasses.
Speaker 24: Yes, back in the day I went out, they did.
Speaker 9: Look at the toll dudes.
Speaker 24: Absolutely, the girls went wild. They would always stand out. They didn't have to be good looking, they would toll and that is the truth. But that was back in the eighties, so I don't know now. But anyway, I also have told Darren, stay at your bed, just change the sheets.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, m JFMJA. We got a different call the next time. She added to it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, b boys.
Speaker 25: Christy from Soddlebrook again, third times with charm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, lots to talk about this podcast. Very interesting, scary.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 25: If your friends were respectful, they would not have sex in your bed. If you want to mention that to your friend, just to ensure that it doesn't happen. Otherwise, don't even think about it, because the more you think about it, the more it's gonna bug you.
Speaker 4: I'm a dog sitter.
Speaker 25: I stay at people's home and I sleep in their beds, and I don't think about it, and I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe they banged in your kitchen. Is that worse?
Speaker 18: Hey, Brody, is scary? Monach I'm here from originally from Brooklyn. Scary.
Speaker 1: This is your weekly reminder. I'm sure I'm not the first one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, bring them the fucking jingle, all right, buddy, that's professional guilt, right, Thank you? Thank you. I'm gonna have to call the jingle company and have them send them to me to send to you. Hold on, here's another two from Jamie from Queen's Right.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hey Brooklyn boys.
Speaker 15: Jamie from Queen's Again, Scary, I have to disagree with you about TikTok creators magically getting the same numbers on another app. It doesn't always happen that way. I have a friend who's an Instagram content creator. Her original page had great engagement, great numbers and all of that. Some trolls got it shut down by Instagram.
Speaker 4: She made a new page, and now.
Speaker 15: Years later she is nowhere near the numbers or engagement that the original page had.
Speaker 1: Oh, this was on the TikTok conversation. Scary is convinced that another app will just go to another arap that worked that way. Yeah, well, I don't know. I don't know what to say on the matter. They're getting, they're gonna get close to. Well, the Senate's not voting on it yet, you're delaying it. They will eventually no defeat. Listen if the people have been calling their senators and congressmen and women and and ripping them so, I don't know, I think they're starting to realize they're going to lose the youth vote. It's hard enough to get them to vote to begin with.
Speaker 31: This is Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx. Scary, I'm a little confused. Why are you so upset about.
Speaker 7: Eating baby goat?
Speaker 31: You do know that lamb is baby sheep, right, same thing. In fact, one might argue lamb is cuter than the goat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not complaining. It was good, it was tasty. I would eat it again. So there.
Speaker 32: Aren't With South Florida. I actually agree with Scary on the TikTok issue. It's discus, honestly, what the younger generations have turned into.
Speaker 2: And I don't.
Speaker 32: I know that there's other opinions, like Brody said that that there's good that's come out of it, but honestly, the fact that you can now major in social media influencing is absolutely disgusting. And people are ruining their lives and wasting their lives trying to become something that they'll never become.
Speaker 9: And I'm not trying to be down on it.
Speaker 1: It's just well.
Speaker 32: MARPs Soult Florida just wanted to finish my last thought Honestly, social media influencers don't really provide anything to.
Speaker 1: Society.
Speaker 32: Let's be honest. And everything you can do on TikTok, you can do anywhere else. So team's scary band TikTok, get rid of it. There's no reason for it. It's just corrupting young minds.
Speaker 1: I see, I'm gonna have to comment on that. I'm gonna have to comm I'm gonna take scary side. I think I don't remember what your side was. First of all, I think the percentage of young people whose minds are being corrupted on TikTok is nominal at this point, and if every apps the same, then they're gonna get corupted. They're not corrupted. I don't know what people think is on TikTok. It's not girls dancing anymore. It's not little kids anymore. There's adult content creators and you. First of all, influencers. I find out what restaurants to go to, what pizza places to try, I see car reviews, I find out I find new music on TikTok. It look influences. I'm telling you what kind of bronze are to use. I don't have any use for, but maybe somebody does I think making your life to be an influencer. Maybe it's not the same thing as going on in law school, but we all like movie reviewers and restaurant reviewers. And if someone's going to review a product, I want I'm okay with it. What do you think, Scara? I think we should play the next one because we have about fifty more of these. Alrighty, Then.
Speaker 32: Again, I wanted to think about Will Brod you would say to me right now, oh, participate, And what I think you would say is, what was it hum being a social media influencer and being on our TV personality and all that. And I really don't have an exact answer, But there's just something about these young, young kids who are just putting themselves out there for the world to see without their parents knowing. You know, pairs have no idea what they're doing behind closed doors half the time, and it's just I just feel like it's not good for us.
Speaker 1: All right, all right? He said what he said, it's lifetime, It's lifetime. The Floors is.
Speaker 31: Scary and Brody. This is Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx. Scary Brodie could absolutely argue the gift card both ways. The gift card is as good as cash for payment purposes, However, it is not as good as cash for feeling the pain and you wallet, bro come, thank you, get your shit together. Also, Peter Luger, it's satisfactory at best. Brodie deserves better.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and I'll agree with you on that point. It's the eighties. It's not as great as it used to be. It's still awesome, But what is it? Schlog? The shlog is fantastic. That is the whipped cream dessert that they fling at your plate. The shlog is excellent. The food it's good. It's good. It's good, it's very good. It's good. Whatever it's used to be used to be outrageous.
Speaker 31: Yeah, this is not from Brooklyn and the Bronx and Brody. If you don't devote the next fucking eight thousand episodes of the Brooklyn Boys to the steak dinner. After that dumb ass rant from Steve from the Bronx, I'm not listening anymore.
Speaker 22: Oh don't do that is married from Marleton. I wanted to comment about episode to eighty seven. I thought it was really funny with the Paul Darren saying with scary coming anything about the shore Kings sketch on SNL also scary. I know you didn't mean too but nurse partitioners are definitely not less than doctors. It's really just different training.
Speaker 9: Love you guys.
Speaker 3: Nurses are not well, No, they didn't get well the different training, yes, but they don't have as much of a degree as doctors do. I would imagine that doctors go through sets different go through the skill set, but they also are trained differently and they got doctor. Yeah, but doctors also go through more rigorous schooling and have to pass more tests.
Speaker 1: I would imagine into that. I would check into that. I could be wrong, regardless if you're a first practitioner, a nurse, a doctor. I would come in the room chewing them like a cow. I think that's good advice to all of them, right, But I wasn't trying to belittle nurses. Did I say something I think you got No? You know I never made a good point. You're fine, you just.
Speaker 33: Paid Brody and scary. It's Kelly from Long Island here about the kids sitting in the front seat. Brody, you are absolutely correct, Thank you. He should have gotten out of the car and moved to the back. But it's also blame on your friend for not teaching his son the etiquette of moving to the back seat when an older person comes into the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed, I agree with you on that. Yep.
Speaker 8: He was going on Brooklyn Boys, he'll Ben from the Bronx currently upstate New York, starting to realize that it's scary sometimes lives in a dream world. Just a couple of episodes ago, he was talking about how someone told him that he could find the same products in a regular supermarket way less than he would find in Whole Foods, and he was surprised, like, really didn't know that. And now with this whole TikTok thing, Sorry, your boy been from the Bronx again. But yeah, now with this whole TikTok thing, he's saying how he thinks if people lose their TikTok, they can automatically find somewhere that they're going to make the same amount of followers and money right away. I understand entrepreneur mindset. Yes, you're going to find a way, but it's not going to happen right away. Like Brody said, it's going to take some time. You have to rebuild your followers and rebuild your platform.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: Last one been from the Bronx again. Well, yeah, scary, that's going to take a while for him to rebuild it. And also you saying that you're okay with an American company stealing your data versus and foreign country.
Speaker 1: Also lesser of to evils? What's the difference lesser of two evils? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Anyway, long time listener, I love you guys. Been listening to a big show a for years, listening to this podcast since the off air show. Yeah, sorry guys, last time Ben from the Bronx Upstate, New York. Uh, Brody, miss you on a big show up. Life is treating you well, Scary. I hope you're doing well. Thank you, Brody. A steak dinner done, Thank you, and hope to be at the next meetup.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 8: Juan Valdez my brother. Chill with the fucking rants, man. Uh, they were funny at first and now they just getting really fucking annoying. Keep talking back, but the rants gotta go.
Speaker 1: Bro Wow, Okay, sound like someone you want to disagree with, and it's very I like it. He knows what he's talking about. Now two people have come forward and saying that not into the rants from Juan Valdez. I enjoy them if they're in moderation.
Speaker 8: Hey, Brooklyn boys. As far as.
Speaker 1: Speaking of moderation, this is seven in a row for you, my friend.
Speaker 8: That's Brooklyn boys right into friends sleeping over, sleeping on the bed. Yes, sir, I guess it's fine because if my best friend came over and literally it was only the bed and we fucking share a bed together, Okay, you know it's whatever. But him and his wife, you know, you just got to expect that they're gonna smash in your bed. They do, hopefully they keep it clean. He's got to clean the sheets and change, get back love, y'all. Scary Change is curtain scary a brooken boys.
Speaker 7: And so it's brilli and scary. I do agree more than three talkbacks about the same dumb ass, lame story that you're trying to tell us slow one, predictable.
Speaker 1: It's enough.
Speaker 7: You can't say any tree talkbacks, then shut the fuck up by a broken boys and boy scary subject Suns from your room from toll Darren, No baby.
Speaker 1: Scary. Jens is okay with it.
Speaker 7: He's totally fine. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: About it.
Speaker 7: He won't find out a broken boys about that and always brodie scary, scary, more sounding from your room. No, baby, he doesn't even sit at this couch. No scary gents, listen, he doesn't even live here. He he comes in and then goes, no, this couch is flying. We're having fun. Look at the city, enjoy yourself. A broken he always burn scary scary. You know what my mom used to say. She used to say, Juan Francisco, take yeah, yeah, then throwkay a yah, then throw.
Speaker 1: The this gun point.
Speaker 7: I find myself saying the same thing. What the foc is inside of scary Johnson's head?
Speaker 26: What is it?
Speaker 7: Kind of crack it open just to see what's inside for research purposes?
Speaker 1: All right, well, I think that's enough talkbacks for this week. What do you think they're David?
Speaker 29: Is that it?
Speaker 1: I think that's all we got. All right. We had a lot of We had a lot of two eighty six is. I think people are a little delayed on the took us a while to get to the two eighty sevens. Yeah, let's get on that chop chop bok the boys, We'll see you later this week. We learned a lot this week and shod job with the feedbacks on what we talked about.
Speaker 2: Reactions, This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 23: It would be on decisive
Speaker 7: For free Dozer.