Speaker 1: Come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: This episode of the Heat Check. It is the Lake Show.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are we are digging in. We are digging into one of the craziest I was just mine of my own damn business on a Sunday night, sitting on the couch, and I experienced firsthand, not on Twitter, just right there on my cable TV box, the biggest kerfuffle sends Malice in the Palace and it, strangely again yes, includes the Detroit Pistons. We also get into some recent reporting that highlights two major reasons that the Lakers might not make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: That will surprise you.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Brock, do me a favor and drop that motherfucker beat.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, did you see this?
Speaker 3: We had a baby Malice in the palace on a random Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Boy begun by.
Speaker 3: Somehow, some way Lebron James world class cheap shot.
Speaker 1: So I was sitting on the couch just chilling. I look up and I'm like, is that man bleeding from his face? What is going on? Hold on?
Speaker 3: Rewind rewind rewind what is happening the kerfuffle?
Speaker 1: I literally looked up eating dinner and the kerfuffle had already begun.
Speaker 3: So here is what my rewind, my DVR told me what happened. So Jeremy Grant, Detroit Piston's uh superstar, went to the line for a free tho in the third quarter of the game when the Pistons were inexplicably beating the Lakers, had no business beating them. I think they were up like twelve or fifteen at the time. Isaiah Stewart, big man for the Piston's young Gun, young Blood. He's almost seven feet tall, big bruiser, went to box out Lebron, and Lebron James.
Speaker 1: Boxed him out all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Then you see Isaiah Stewart on the ground, slide shoot, and then all of a sudden, you look at Isaiah Stewart.
Speaker 1: He's rushing Lebron. He's pissed.
Speaker 3: You're like, wait, did I miss something because he's bleeding out of his face right now, blood everywhere. It looked like he was in you know, like when you go to WWE and there's this like blood running down the Undertaker's face.
Speaker 1: It was like in this like cage match. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I literally look up from having a little bite of my dinner, take a drink of the water, and Isaiah Stewart cannot be held back, cannot be held And I just don't know if I've seen a player as angry as isay A Stewart maybe in my entire life, like I've never.
Speaker 1: The last time had to be in the Matt Molice in the Palace. So the question is, what did Lebron do to make Isaiah Stewart so mad? What would he what.
Speaker 3: Would possibly happen in order for a young guy so early on in the league to come after the number one player in our generation since Michael Jordan, like Kobe Jordan, Braun, Like that's the pantheon we're talking about. And Isaiah Stewart is like, I do not care. I'm gonna murder this guy. I Am going to murder him. The dude had to be restrained four separate times. Dwayne Casey cut his finger holding isaiahs toward Beck.
Speaker 1: His finger had to get wrapped up.
Speaker 3: I mean, when we talked about the league being soft, like it was not soft going on, like he was like incredible hulk, like getting broken from his chains, like he literally tried to find Lebron in the tunnel later on, so.
Speaker 1: So much to break down.
Speaker 3: So apparently, when Lebron James was boxing out, he literally took his elbow wrist hand down onto across Isaiah Stewart's eyebrow and lip.
Speaker 1: He's bleeding out of his mouth.
Speaker 3: There's like boom boom, bleeding out of his eye, blood rushing down his face. It was one of those things where it was like, that's look that bad, and then all of a sudden you look back and you're like, holy fuck, that's a lot of blood.
Speaker 1: So much to break down. Where do I start? Well, first and.
Speaker 3: Foremost, I guess you have to talk about the Lakers announcers because it was sad.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, you see like Philadelphia seventy six ers announcers therebias, Boston Celtics announcers, Oh yeah, they're biased.
Speaker 1: Nick's announcers, they're biased. Portland announcers there, they're very biased. But I mean, come on, it's like Portland. They're very sad.
Speaker 3: But the the Laker announcers just were like, don't know why Isaac Start did that. That was just an obviously an inadvertent elbow They said inadvertent, in accidental at least ten times, like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what happened? Do you see how mad I used to it was?
Speaker 3: It was just very clearly an accident by Lebron James, instead of being like, yo, this man clearly upon further, it was so funny because they went to the slow mo cam and they.
Speaker 1: Were like, as you can see here, this inadvertent.
Speaker 3: And they just stopped talking like they knew they couldn't keep up with the bit, like they couldn't because they knew it was bad.
Speaker 1: They it was so bad.
Speaker 3: And the Pistons announcers they've been through this before. They're OG's, and they're OG's in this scuffle. Gang Uh this is what they said they were. But I don't even want to see the chaos. This has happened before. They're like, hey, pa, fans, stay in your seats. Guys, do not come on to the floor. Do not enter the floor. All fans, I repeat, all fans stay in your seats. All fans do not come on to the floor. Do not throw any objects at Lebron James. Don't do it, or you will be nabbed and sent to jail. Stay exactly where you are. That's not my interpretation. That was an exact quote. That's exactly what they said. This is a guy who you know, has seen some shit. He saw Ben Wallace, he saw Ronald Tests, he saw fans getting fucking mollywopped, he saw multiple games, suspensions, money handed down, fines, jail time, jail time, cameras everywhere, Folks, it's a social media era.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I was a freshman in college when Malice at the Palace happened. Facebook was still for college kids on campuses. Now, boy, we've got it all. We've got Instagram Live, we've got Instagram Stories, we've got TikTok, we've got Twitter, We've got everything. Cameras every This is worldwide, baby in a flash, in a flash, no need for news, no need for local KPTUV, like it is happening now. We Literally it was like maybe forty seconds after it happened, and I saw like fifteen angles globally, Like I had a guy from Spain who had his own Spanish angle. I don't know how he got that, but like, oh yeah, that's a damning angle.
Speaker 1: Literally, you got uh dun dun dun dun dun dah.
Speaker 3: You had like law and order literally interpreting how this the whole thing went down. How funny was it though, that the only person on the Lakers team that wanted any smoke Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 1: He had his fists out, he was ready.
Speaker 3: He was smiling, foaming at the mouth, crazy eyes, looking like you want this, like, let's go. They literally panned over in the in the highlight replay and it's like Russell Westbrook legit looked like the Notre Dame fighting Irish logo. That was him, unfazed by Isaiah Isasor. It's like two hundred and fifty pounds bleeding, I don't care. He's also unvaccinated, unvaccinated six' eight, monster bleeding from the, face and you're, like, yeah, No i'm, Good like let's, Go let's come, on let's.
Speaker 1: Go he's like that fireman running into the burning.
Speaker 3: Building everybody's like, hey, pop and he's, LIKE i don't, Care i'm gonna go. In i'm, good Like i've seen some. Shit and then they asked him like they Asked Russell. Westbrook they were, like, hey, uh did you know that in the middle of all that you got a technical? Foul and he's, like who, Me, NO i didn't get a technical. Foul he's looking at the stat sheet like what do you, mean this is What Russell westbrook said.
Speaker 2: Before who got? TECH i got a?
Speaker 3: Tech? Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow why DID i get a? TECH i didn't know how to take?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Escalated, wow that's. Interesting, well you know this is Being. RUSSELL i guess when You're Russell, westbroog they just try to do, anything, apparently but. WHATEVER i don't know why. THAT i don't know WHAT i, did but whatever they had to put on somebody it's, easy but not.
Speaker 3: Me they, literally if you look On, twitter they literally are showing a photo Of russ with his fists, up like why not?
Speaker 1: Me why You?
Speaker 3: Russ come, On, russ come on, Now? Russ you know, which maybe it was.
Speaker 1: Just fight or flight. Mode maybe he didn't even realize he did.
Speaker 3: It you, know it's one of those things like it's just a gut, check knee jerk. Reaction he's, LIKE i had no idea THAT i immediately went Into muhammad alias dance AND i went directly for the. Action he held no one. Back he literally did nothing to stop or prevent or slow the action. Down and so then, furthermore when the dust, settled it gets even more. Delicious everyone was chiming. In of, course my Man.
Speaker 1: Gilbert arenas had some things to.
Speaker 3: Say he's had his share of, kerfuffles as folks, Know, uh no, chill Gil as he calls himself online Aka agent zero aka guns in The Locker. Room, arenas he had no fucking chill this morning discussing the events in.
Speaker 1: Question this is what he.
Speaker 3: Said he must have spent an hour at least putting together this ig. Post he literally had to find everyone's tags To he literally tagged like ten people in this. Thing you have to, know you don't just know people's tags their handles off. Hand you have to find Their he's like putting hashtags in.
Speaker 1: There. Anyway people now.
Speaker 3: Using Gilbert arenas as ig as, News why what does it say you may ask that would precipitate? News this is it at The Isaiah stewart hey. B first of, all he found his random rookie. Guy, okay hey, Brother i'm gonna just be real with, you a loud face yelling, emoji pack all your, shit all cap, shit pack you winter jackets and your, boots because yo ass is about to be traded to Parentheses budapest. Somewhere crying, maid crying, moji crying, moji crying. EMOJI i don't know what type of bumbaclot blood got in YO e, pause excuse? Me that IS i don't know how sounds sort of. Racist i'm not sure, how BUT i think it. Is i'm not sure. HOW i think Is Isaiah stewart from The. CARIBBEAN i don't, know but it sounds kind of like that was A caribbean. Slur i'm not, sure but you can't charge at the Hashtag king like.
Speaker 1: That ON tv one, hundred you will be drug TESTED ti voice expeditiously to make sure that rage ain't drug.
Speaker 3: Related, Pause oh my, god we don't do that in THE. Nba you probably haven't read the memo on fight attempts in THE. Nba number, one don't square up With King james Easy Money sniper ever one. Hundred them two light skinned Boys Steph curry Or Klay thompson On Golden, state either don't let your chest get puffy towards, them or your ass is Done halo.
Speaker 1: Emoji number.
Speaker 3: Three only two teams that's allowed to fist fight with any real penalties Is Wherever, Rai Jon rondo And chris Paul is At crying face Emoji number, Four wait till your teammates get around, you.
Speaker 1: Then act tough for the.
Speaker 3: Crowd sell it like wwe okay, emoji prayer face prairie.
Speaker 1: Emoji that's, it good luck moving, forward my.
Speaker 3: Man, ps this was worse than the gun in the locker room situation crying face. Emoji some can say this was attempted murder hashtag attempted murder halo, emoji crying face.
Speaker 1: Emoji only thing that can save you.
Speaker 3: Right now IS mj dropping episode eleven Of Last dance and he edits, All Scottie pippen's scenes out Or Vanessa bryant Dropping Therma mamba's last. Season if you Think i'm, bullshitting Ask Enus kanter. Eleven he got too close to the king back in twenty, sixteen twenty, seventeen and The turkish president has been trying to catch his ass ever. Since running, emoji probably running for his, ass thinking, emoji smiling, emoji halo. Emoji what a world CLASS i, mean we've got, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight eight. Handles we've got like forty emojis we've GOT i, mean it's a, Lot we've got a. Lot this is The, internet, folks that it's finest so then of course they're Asking lebron's teammates like what's, up what's up with?
Speaker 1: This they did.
Speaker 3: Form around like they circled the right wagons Around lebron like it was when you, know you see Those western movies and they put the horse and carriage and buggies around.
Speaker 1: All save the women and. Children that Was Lebron.
Speaker 3: James Lebron james is the women and children of THE, nba, like Protect lebron at all.
Speaker 1: Costs he just stood there like protect.
Speaker 3: The, king like, Sire we've got you. Covered he looked at, It he looked at. Isaiasty we were, Like you're not gonna do a damn. Thing i've got this entire arena behind, me even Though i'm the one at. Fault can we just, say, though like if this Was Malik, monk that this would just not have been that any of this thing would have, Happened like, Everybody, ah, dog you did kind of get.
Speaker 1: Him in the elbow though he's. Bleeding he's bleeding a lot from his face right. NOW i don't, KNOW i don't.
Speaker 3: Know i'm not trying to catch this. TECH i already got thirteen on the. Air Anthony davis said that he was on the front lines Defending, braun but when in, reality as, normal he was on the side basically Watching Russell westbrook do. Everything, uh basically his entire career for this last nine. Months ad, said everyone in the league Knows lebron is not a dirty. Guy the moment that he, realized he Clock Stuart braun was trying to apologize and, said my.
Speaker 1: Bad um no he. Didn't that's a, lot that's a. Lie. Uh and then of Course.
Speaker 3: Anthony davis came out and, said we got A we're not promoting. Violence i'm not promoting. Violence our security and their, security they did a hell of a. Job he then pointed to his security guard as he left a press conference room for the shout. Out, uh Because Anthony davis knows that he is currently In. Detroit wants everyone to, Know, HEY i am with someone who's, strapped, like don't comfort.
Speaker 1: Me don't comfort.
Speaker 3: Me you see him over, there shout out To javon And trayvon And bubba And john over.
Speaker 1: There they're protecting.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 3: Uh he also said, this we're here to protect our. Brother i've never in ten years seen a player try to do that as long As i've been.
Speaker 1: Playing it's uncalled.
Speaker 3: For you've got to cut above your eye accidental like, Pause the LIKE i feel is.
Speaker 1: OPERATIVE i feel the like is it would.
Speaker 3: Be much MORE i don't, know convincing if you just said, accidental like it's an accidental no accidental like kind of feels like it's sort of also, purposeful like you know WHAT i, Mean like it's not quite on, purpose not quite on an. Accident and he, said we're gonna we're going to not allow him to keep charging our brother like. THAT i don't know what he was trying to, do but we wasn't gonna allow, that, Okay. Adie and he's not the kind of guy you want Your foxhill by the, way and by the, way for folks who want to know HOW I Isaiah stewart has calmed down or whether he's calmed.
Speaker 1: Down his only response so far has.
Speaker 3: Been to tweet out the date of The pistons next game against The, lakers and it Says, Sunday november twenty, eighth and he made sure to Tag Lebron james in said post MUSSY, tv mussy that's getting flexed a PRIMETIME i can promise this might be The Detroit piston's only nationalized televised, game nationally televised. Game like that's the what it's like THAT i could SEE espn like promoting this Like Isaiah stewart down nine hundred and fifty thousand dollars for the exchange With.
Speaker 1: Lebron how will these two operate together on the. Court it's.
Speaker 3: Crazy, like the wildest THING i think about the sequence is that you're now seeing a dog Shit lakers team use this as or try to use this as, Motivation like we all are now gonna use this mediocre win with a scuffle as the reason that we're gonna Become this is the turning point for. Us this is the inflection point of our entire. Season was When Lebron james elbowed that man Is. Estuary he almost got his ass. Beat they're now nine to nine.
Speaker 1: Gross. Gross Frank vogel basically is saying the same.
Speaker 3: THING i, mean he's on the hot, seat so he's got to say. Something he's got to provide cover that this is where things turn. Around he's on the hot seats checking his. Butt so this is what he said to. Me this is one of those things that can turn the momentum of your.
Speaker 1: Season is.
Speaker 3: It that's the determination that this team is going to. Need the, sentiment it, appears has spread like wildfire because many headlines are saying the same. Thing here are a Few lakers. Compete lakers complete wild come back In detroit to potentially turn around. Season can fracus can?
Speaker 1: FRACUS i Love edward. CAN'T i can't even say it without.
Speaker 3: Laughing can fracus sparked By Lebron james be turning point For? Lakers they'll have to prove, It but of, COURSE i, mean let me be their voice or reason and just, say for folks who believe This frucus is the turning, point it will not.
Speaker 1: Be it will absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Be And i've got two reasons, why two superstar sized.
Speaker 1: Reasons Anthony davis And.
Speaker 3: Lebron james broke your Bowls and.
Speaker 2: If you beg you'll be taking if you get to him byes you WAS i take this? TIME i know if you.
Speaker 3: Hope oh, Man i've watched this before my eyes since last season.
Speaker 1: Other time.
Speaker 3: Undefeated, nope he comes for, everyone comes for absolutely.
Speaker 1: Everyone it comes FOR. Mj that was bad when it.
Speaker 3: Did Kobe, Sad wilt Fucking. Chamberlain it came for. You never, know you just never know how or when he's gonna, come how he's gonna take you.
Speaker 1: Out but rest. ASSURED i mean he's.
Speaker 3: Coming he's he will for sure come for all of, us and it sure looks like the only person he has eyes for right.
Speaker 1: Now Is Lebron james The.
Speaker 3: KING a recent article In The athletic highlighted things THAT i have been seeing and, disputing kind of like trying to process in my brain if WHAT i saw was. Real so we're on other journalists write. It i'm, like, Okay i'm not. Insane the past nine months he has not been the same that high ankle. Sprain he even, Said i'm not gonna be ever fully recovered from this. INJURY i talked about this many. TIMES i high ank will sprain Myself may. First still not, healthy still in, pain still feel in the middle of the night like we made fun Of Lebron, james be, like, Oh i'm never gonna be one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Healthy Lebron james The.
Speaker 3: King of making things so, dramatic like so that he can look dominant and be, like, yeah, YEAH.
Speaker 1: I played through screws in my foot that whole title.
Speaker 3: Run we made fun of, them but nobody really Knows braun's body Like broun and now knowing that he didn't touch a basketball the entire, offseason which we're not really sure if it's true or if that's actually part of the dramatic narrative that he likes to. Create it does not currently look like he has fully recovered from that.
Speaker 1: Injury he does not look the. Same not only does he not look the, same the statistics aren't the same. Either, Uh they're really not the.
Speaker 3: Same this is what The athletic article lays, out this thirty six year old version Of Lebron, james While shirley's still good at. Basketball here's where it gets. Ugly just isn't that. Guy you're not that, Guy, Pal you're not that. Guy here's the cold, truth and it is backed up by cold. Facts it is a truth that few people want to. RECOGNIZE i don't want to recognize. It Lebron james is my. Age If Lebron.
Speaker 1: James has father time coming for, Him i'm right.
Speaker 3: Behind broun went down with that ankle injury he claimed that he would never recover.
Speaker 1: From so we should have listened.
Speaker 3: Closer this is what the article noted in terms of statistics and how he's performing in the game right, now damning, Evidence Lebron james is taking half as many free.
Speaker 1: Throws as he did a year.
Speaker 3: Ago he's going to the basket far less and becoming increasingly reliant on threes for his. Offense and we Know Lebron james should not be reliant on threes for his. Offense he's gotten a lot, better but come, on, now it's comprising currently nearly half his. Shots Lebron james's average shot, distance which hovered between eleven and twelve feet for most of his, career jumped to fourteen, feet just shy fourteen feet in twenty twenty, one and now his average shot distance is fifteen.
Speaker 1: Feet holy, shit we have IT'S i, mean it's a small sample, size but.
Speaker 3: He's still shooting sixty five point nine percent at the, rim which is by far the worst of his. Career one of the biggest values Of Lebron james has been, rebounding and now it feels like he's often paralyzed on the, floor where his rebound rate is the worst of his. Career just the seven point six rebound.
Speaker 1: Rate he's, like doesn't want to test that ankle.
Speaker 3: Anymore doesn't want to, jump which will he that abdomen and impede that. ANKLE i mean jumping high in the air to get a rebound you do not need to Get that's exactly WHY i don't go for rebounds WHEN i play basketball in pickup, runs it's, like, ah you guys get.
Speaker 1: It i'm.
Speaker 3: Good i've torn my shit up enough times and there's too many, bodies too many feet to land on.
Speaker 1: Underneath there way too.
Speaker 3: Many even the shots that he used to get away with with no problem now have.
Speaker 1: Been sus verry sus.
Speaker 3: Uh in the twenty minutes he played against The, pistons he was stonewalled against the guy six' three that that should.
Speaker 1: Not happen he literally got Bodied By. Corey Joseph, corey joseph, who uh that's.
Speaker 3: No Slander To, Corey joseph but come, on now consecutive post Ups By corey joseph, for example, for Example And jeremy grant blocked his step back three. Multiple times when is the last time you Ever Saw lebron james three pointer or any jump shot? Be blocked like he's, six' eight, six,', nine good, vertical, Long, arms Strong no like i've never seen that, in my life and it happened multiple. Times last night, these are, facts, cold hard indisputable, very cogent facts no matter how much you Want To say lebron james can return To The. Old lebron james the fact that the matter is father. Time is coming we keep Saying That, about Tom Brady but tom brady's not in the mix getting bodied. All the time that's why he has an offensive line, to protect him because he's. Old As fuck lebron james is not Much Younger, than tom brady especially when he plays a much more. Consistently physical Role And if lebron james, DOESN'T get, right i mean this is the entire reason that the roster exists the way that it Does Is because lebron james is the, centerpiece of it and he supposedly needs these pieces in order to maximize. Who he is if, he's Not him the lakers are. In serious trouble if he's, not the king if he's, just, the prince fuck if. He's The Pauper My lord john hollinger speaks, more about this and you.
Speaker 1: Put it perfectly playing against.
Speaker 3: The bad team the Fact that the lakers ended up winning is hardly cause. For. A parade, Facts in fact detroit Was the latest patsy in a joke of an early Schedule for the lakers THAT eventually gets i love That they Called, detroit to patsy Especially Given that isaiah stewart was About to Beat. LEBRON'S ass patsy i. Don't think so these are the, BAD boys. Anyway, i digress uh the schedule gets. Much, much harder remember this was supposed to be the Time for the lakers to had. Their win total that little win boosted them up Two. Spots against detroit. It's Still gross lebron james is now. A Perimeter player lebron james is now, a perimeter player and the problem is. He shouldn't be he is designed to be a guy who can, do many things not just shoot thirty feet.
Speaker 1: From the basket he's not a.
Speaker 3: World class shooter He's Never, been steph curry He's Never, been klay thompson He's Never.
Speaker 1: Been dame lillard that's the.
Speaker 3: Reason He surround lebron james with Shooters Is because lebron james. Is no shooter, he's gotten better But, He's no Jokic He's no luca and the fact that he's shooting half of his shots from behind the arc is if that, WAS my team i. WOULDN'T be stoked i would. Not be stoked, that is troubling a troubling for a team that was Supposed to Be bron ad russ and a boatloader shooters like he. Has no snipers he is now the sniper who can't. Do anything else and now it's Easier to defend lebron.
Speaker 1: Because you know he's not going. Up for, rebounds you know he's not going around the Room and doing he's not gonna go down and. Dunk over someone that's just not what he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna do consistently his reluctance to go to the rim makes him much.
Speaker 1: EASIER to defend. I don't know maybe that changes close. TO the playoffs. I don't Know maybe.
Speaker 3: Maybe i'm gonna, look silly again like we've all Been Waiting for tom, brady to decline but like It Looks like lebron.
Speaker 1: James is declining that's what all.
Speaker 3: These stats say, they, the team Though, even if braun for, some godly reason has A deal with father time, for the playoffs they. Need him now they need his, dominance right now because if bron can't.
Speaker 1: Be dominant inside.
Speaker 3: If he can't get, to the, line this team this team is. Going to struggle this team's going to struggle to even be in the. Play in tournament they might not even make the. Playoffs at all and now that he's dealing with even, more nagging injuries it basically underscores just how important that he is to, the team's success how important that he is to their ability. To go deep because eighteen games, of The season the lakers are Five hundred and braun has been out for many, of those games and with him in they could barely Compete against The. Detroit fucking pistons the patsis that they are against a. Ridiculously easy schedule they. Can't do shit And now that braun Is, no Longer braun the lakers.
Speaker 1: Are in trouble trouble true sip side trying to, provide for.
Speaker 3: Me for, me for me. Bye for me they are slip sliding, down the standings and they are looking for a d to provide.
Speaker 1: Some, semblance of, something some.
Speaker 3: Leadership some dominance braun is over there, in the corner licking his wounds, in the, cave, cut, up bruised, battered it's, Like, all right ad, we need you and he's thirty, seven years old he's got, an abdominal's train he's got, an ankle spraying, we NEED you.
Speaker 1: And i don't know how good it's been.
Speaker 3: Going so far one of the main reasons and one of the main THINGS That the nba twitter discussed in the Offseason when the Lakers broad in russ and all the youngsters and All Those former All, stars like carmelo IS that a d at the five was going to transform.
Speaker 1: This team and all.
Speaker 3: THESE other pieces ad at the five made. Them make sense it was going to, transform this franchise.
Speaker 1: And it has it is. It really has it seems that This plan of ad.
Speaker 3: At to five at the beginning of the season, to play big which is why they signed two big men TO, go with ad. Wasn't gonna work that was. Their original plan are we GONNA play a d at the five or are we gonna play these other two guys? At The five because ads doesn't really want to. Be the five he's kind, of a four but we're better. At the five so this is. What's Going on DeAndre Jordan and dwight Howard are now lakers and Very, similarly to Mantres, Harral and Andre. Drummond and marcusol. It's not working they are watching. On the bench they, are getting DMPs they are. Not getting Minutes You've Got dwight howard. Dow, shooting grees yeah that happened. Twice LAST night.
Speaker 2: Yeah i?
Speaker 1: Did why though?
Speaker 3: What is happening the Immutable Fact, is anthony davis despite him not wanting to, be the five is a better five than he. Is a four just changes the complexity of the lineups and rotations the people that he plays against when, he's at five puts him in.
Speaker 1: A better position and having a slow, prodding big Man these and visilin are.
Speaker 3: Fucking me up this prodding Big men Like Drummond, And, Montreal, Well, Montrez Drummond.
Speaker 1: Marcsol dwight javail that's not that's not, gonna, Do it dog that's just not. Gonna do it that's. They gotta go. They gotta go so what. Is the problem we've got eight. At the five. What's the problem the problem is that eighty at the five.
Speaker 3: Is not working, not, working either uh given that roster construction and the spot floor spacing, of this team eighty at the Five when the lakers are just, two and four eighty. At the five let me, say it again with eighty. At The five the lakers are just, two and four and that is including this last improbable Kerfuffle. Fracas in detroit there was a Recent Article in lakers nation came out and said what we've. All been Thinking Head coach frank vogel recognized that the team was far more effective on both ends of The floor when davis. Was at, center Since then the, Lakers two Centers, jordan and howard have gotten Minimal minutes as davis takes a majority of time at, the center position and so in theory this, should work out, but in Reality none the lakers roster makes.
Speaker 1: Sense right now they, should be good.
Speaker 3: But they aren't they've got a, lot of stars but it's. Not really working they, should play defense. But they Don't And even, FRANK vogel's LIKE i don't i just couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: What's going on he knows. What we know the spacing. Is a problem sh don't tell anyone the spacing consistently. Is an, issue, he.
Speaker 3: Goes yeah, if we move, if we move the. Spacing looks great the ball doesn't move and. Players don't move it doesn't matter what.
Speaker 1: Spacing. You have pause that's pretty much the, heart of.
Speaker 3: It isn't it we're playing one on one and we just get the ball moving.
Speaker 1: A little more and when, we do it we look great and we've seen that we. Can do it we've just got to do it longer and obviously for. Forty, eight minutes yeah.
Speaker 3: That's A quote even braun is struggling to figure out, what's going on how to. Make this, work, he's like yeah we're just trying to find the lineup the.
Speaker 1: Best.
Speaker 3: Fits us pause we are now, currently checks notes.
Speaker 1: Almost a quarter of the way, through the Season and the lakers still don't know what. Lineups work, best excuse me that. Is not great. That is significant Alarm bells should that is what training. Camp is for.
Speaker 3: That is training that is legitimately what training camp and. Preseason is for figure out, how people mesh where, the chemistry, is what. Lineups rotations work this is what he. Has to, say, even more obviously we started the SEASON big WITH dj and ad and myself, at the three, four or five and as of late we've Went smaller with ad.
Speaker 1: At the five so we're just trying.
Speaker 3: To figure out getting enough minutes long enough to see what best lineups work for us and how we want to. See US play like, i said before this was a tricky lineup in, Any genius's book like this roster, may never work but in order for it to cobble together and work like you NEED a high iq head coach that understands how, everyone, functions together deficiencies how, the rotations, work second. Unit third unit do You Really trust frank vogel, with anything complex like?
Speaker 1: COMPLEX problem.
Speaker 3: Solving i don't and that's why he's got to check his butt because he's on the Hot Seat like. Luke walton was, By The way. Luke walton's gone now you know what kind of team has roster issues a quarter Of the season In.
Speaker 1: The fucking kings that's the.
Speaker 3: Kind of Team, bad teams, Houston, you know orlando they like have too many guards they don't know what.
Speaker 1: To, Do, With Like, okay kings aforida what are? You talking about Here's.
Speaker 3: More from braun obviously we played big over the course of my YEARS here In, la with Frank, obviously With, javail with dwight and Last year With Mark.
Speaker 1: And big drum when he came, to the team and as. Well as treads we'll see where we land.
Speaker 3: At some point what that's like a pilot who doesn't know, The flight, path who's like we'll see if We land in Bali, Or, IN.
Speaker 1: HOUSTON like.
Speaker 3: Whoa i think it will probably happen over the course of the, next few, weeks he says as we get close to pretty much a fourth, of the Season here's where, i'll mention again in the first quarter, of the Season where the lakers have played a huge percentage of their games at, home against. Weak fucking teams that was the point that you're supposed to get the head start so that you can pager record so that when the real games come you don't, look so bad so you can actually have a good win total Heading Into The. All Star Break At, all star break, at this rate you are going to be. In real trouble and this Is Why that isaiah stewart game was so important. And so telling Even though the lakers, ended up winning we saw all of the, glaringly obvious issues all. Of The problems, john hollinger wrote much as they try to experiment, with Big lineups this lakers team is Far better with davis at five as a menacing switching defensive monster than trying to play Huge lineups with Davis next To Dwight. Or DeAndre jordan the lakers have tried those combos for a total of one hundred and eighty two minutes and have been outscored by. Thirty six, points and yet though here's where. It Gets tricky with davis, as the five they're still only winning a third of their, Games, against Again Okay see detroit houston, like they are they could be, even worse shape like they could Have Lost to san Antonio in Overtime Memphis one ja, morant free throwaway like this, Is NOT good like i, cannot, Express, like oh tristy You hate the lakers and so you're just an alarm miss because you want them to fail and, true and true but that does not have to do, with anything here which is that the facts are what happens when you go on the road to play a Team like The Jazz with rudy Gobert or the Nets. Or the bucks how will this lineup deal with athletic big men who. Stretched the floor have multiple big men, That are, athletics like fuck.
Speaker 1: You Can lose to.
Speaker 3: Cleveland like easily there are so many Questions surrounding the, lakers right now and it just doesn't feel like there.
Speaker 1: Are any answers it.
Speaker 3: Just doesn't feel like logically like you hope that it, might get better but you can't really think of how the.
Speaker 1: Solution is going to.
Speaker 3: Come to fruition This is not they don't even have a lineup that makes sense for them in the first and second unit. That is Successful you've got braun No longer being braun ad who has health issues and at the five makes, sense on paper but in reality is not going to. Win them games the spacing issues that WE'VE talked about i don't know a good jillion times have. Not been fixed they will. Not be fixed let me just, say this again spacing issues not.
Speaker 1: Gonna be fixed why because basically it all comes. Down To this russell westbrook doesn't move. Without the wall. That's just it.
Speaker 3: That's it there it's like a Successful rotation with braun And eighty and russ doesn't Exist. Because of russ It's almost like russ doesn't fit. With this team It's Almost like buddy heales should. Have been there It's almost like lebron SHOULDN'T. BE the gm, i don't know maybe.
Speaker 1: They fix it. Maybe THEY don't maybe i look like an Idiot At The.
Speaker 3: Western Conference finals maybe i'm watching Them Again at staples Center in, the PLAN game like i watch that with my. Own two eyes they were. In the plan maybe this is just a ten seed with a bunch. Of nice names maybe this is.
Speaker 1: The eleven seed maybe we're all like.
Speaker 3: On first take we discuss is this The End of lebron, james My Column like russell westbrook probably said it best when, HE admitted postgame i think the reality of it is, on the outside we have really high expectations, of our team and they should. And we should but the reality, of it is we have not played well with each other eighteen games, in THE season and i don't, have chemistry yet no closer to having chemistry than when they didn't win a game. In THE preseason and i, tell you what, at certain point it's just gonna. Be too late get, Your, shit together, lakers because truthfully even, as a hater playoffs are better when. You're in it that's.
Speaker 1: All the time that we have For the. Heat check podcast we will.
Speaker 3: Be Back early scurely wednesday mornings with all the latest happenings. In the league we WILL be Back, i believe friday but we're, recording This early so i'm not sure how this whole time. Schedule works out but do Not Forget, at trista, Creek on TikTok Instagram.
Speaker 1: And on twitter we Will. See, you wednesday. GUYS change it i want. To claim it she couldn't say no because she knows she had dined and. She getting quiet, she only dies she won't on assize trying to get in and. Make thank you kind of a diminishing biggas it changing the am