Speaker 1: This is Serial Killers episode eighteen.
Speaker 2: I thought we weren't going to be telling people the episode numbers anymore. Why that was your idea, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I only said that because I felt like if we kept recording them and putting them in the can, as we say in the business, and waiting to release them, like if there were some like breaking new cereal that came out and we had to get it in, we would just slip it in as a bonus in the middle of the week, which.
Speaker 2: Last week we said was going to be the prize inside.
Speaker 1: Right, So we'll do that. So from time to time, I still want to number the episodes just so in our head we know how many we've done.
Speaker 2: But I feel like this is a conversation we should have had off the mics, and now we're just like maybe, yeah, But from.
Speaker 1: Time to time we'll slip in a bonus episode in the middle of the week and Wednesday, just like a prize in the middle of the box. I'm Andrew and I'm Scottie be and thank you so much for listening and coming back to Serial Killers. It's the podcast where we talk about cereal kind of things. Yeah, and some other life stuff, but mostly cereal, and we generally will do one classic cereal and one new cereal. So you kind of screwed me last episode because you made me pull out the honey nut ceios and I was going to use that as a classic for this one. So I have another classic that I have in my cereal sack. I'm gonna grab it out of my sack. Now, Okay, this is not the rated R episode, you know, I'll tell you a funny story about sack. Okay, when I was eighteen years old, I lived in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I moved there for a year for radio, which didn't work out. And the first thing I did is I went to a store and I bought a bottle of Mellow Yellow because you could get it there, and I was so excited. You didn't have it in New York at the time. And so the guy rings me up and he's like, would you like your pop in a sack? And I was like, I'm sorry, what am I getting propositions already? I just moved here and I'm only eighteen. And then I come to realize that pop means soda and sack means bag. So I'm going into my cereal sack and that's my bag and outcomes golden grams.
Speaker 2: I am indifferent on golden rails. Eh, they're not my favorite. Really, Can I just say one thing, Wait a minute, Cereal Adventures are a thing? Oh my god.
Speaker 1: On the back of the box. They're in a car and they're going to commit some sort of crime. I think it's Chip the Wolf from Cookie Crisp.
Speaker 2: There's there's you can't say him.
Speaker 1: No, that's a that's a different bread. This is General Mills.
Speaker 2: Well whatever the chocolate bird is.
Speaker 1: That's Sonny the Crazy Bird from Cocoa Puffs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Sonny again, you're saying it like I knew it before.
Speaker 1: His name.
Speaker 2: Cool, Sonny the Bird, let's keep going.
Speaker 1: And the tricks Rabbit he doesn't have a name. It's just the tricks Rabbit. Chip and Sonny and the tricks Rabbit. They're hitting the road for a Saturday fun day.
Speaker 2: They're rabiting a bank.
Speaker 1: Fight it along for the ride. That's what this looks like. And look look in the rear view. You could see the rabbit there. Who the hell is this guy?
Speaker 2: Can I see?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, but he's not even in the car. There's some kind of a ghost.
Speaker 2: Ooh, this is really teasing the spinoff.
Speaker 1: It could be. This is really exciting. But see, Golden doesn't have a character, and I don't believe they ever did. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But this is another seventies cereal. It's a General Mills deal and it's been consistent over the years. It's the same. They haven't changed the recipe.
Speaker 2: I'm indifferent on it. Like I said, it's not my favorite. I haven't had it in a while.
Speaker 1: But I have to tell you, you can make stuff with Golden Grahams too, and it's funny. A friend of mine, buddy mine Lance, he makes what we call crack. It's Golden Grams with marshmallow drizzled with chocolate, and then he just breaks it up and brings it to parties.
Speaker 2: It could have gotten really gram after you said I have a buddy Lance who makes crack. But I'm glad you explained past.
Speaker 1: But it's delicious and I eat so much of it. But it's not a cookie and it's not a doughnut. It's just cereal with marshmallows and chocolate on it. So I can have it.
Speaker 2: Tell yourself whatever you need to to make yourself feel.
Speaker 1: Good going to And also I remember as a kid in the eighties. I don't know if it was a spin off, but Golden Grams, there was a cereal also called s'mores. It was the same company, same everything. It was Golden Grams and there were chocolate covered marshmallows in it and it was more cereal and it was freakin' awesome.
Speaker 2: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there was one called Rocky Road that was similar later on. But all right, let's break into the Golden Grams. I mean, to me, these are just kind of plain, bland cereal.
Speaker 2: But it's not my favorite. You got it.
Speaker 1: You have to be in the mood for Graham, and I'm not always in the mood for Graham.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So you don't think you're gonna like it, but you're excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know it's a new day. Can't be going into it with a negative attitude.
Speaker 1: This is another one where I like a little bit of sogginess and a little bit of crisp together. That's what makes me happy with Golden Grams. And I'm probably gonna eat the whole cup because that's just what I do so ready, one, two, three? This is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: Better than I remember.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yeah, that's actually delicious.
Speaker 1: I always felt that if you chew you can taste like the tiny little grains. Yeah, it's weird, although actually delicious. There's a hint of burnt flavor. Do you taste that after It is a little bit of after taste. It's almost like a burnt flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, the way you're saying it sounds like Burt or Burn.
Speaker 1: There's ground up Burt in every box. Your buddy Lance makes it. It's crack.
Speaker 2: This is I like it a lot, three bowls in a spoon for me, a lot better than I thought.
Speaker 1: And you know, you see the milk is starting to turn yellow, but it doesn't. It's good though. Golden Grains makes really good cereal milk. I'd like you to try it, please before I give it a rating.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you another fun fact.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you need a jingle for your facts.
Speaker 1: I do. We're gonna get something made up. But I found, you know, because I'm a crazy coupon guy too. I found a coupon from the mid eighties, was like nineteen eighty five or eighty six with no expiration date for Golden Grams, and I used it a couple of weeks ago. No, you did it, Yeah, I did, and it worked and it was crazy and took a picture with the cashier and everything because it was not you remember, like maybe two months ago, some lady used an old Wess and Oil coupon for like ten cents and.
Speaker 2: It was all over the news.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I was angry because I had old coupons too, and I was like, why would that be newsworthy? So I went and I used it, and I took a picture and I tweeted it and nobody cared.
Speaker 2: But now you have a podcast listened to by.
Speaker 1: Yeah hundreds, Yes, but the coupon got doubled, so I saved fifty cents.
Speaker 2: So screw you all, not you listeners, and appreciate the man.
Speaker 1: Screw the man. Yeah, yeah, all right, So I'm going to give Golden Grams classic Golden Rams three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: So same as me.
Speaker 1: Is that what you said? Yes? I thought you said four.
Speaker 2: I love that you listened to me. It's my favorite thing about this podcast.
Speaker 1: The three bulls and a spoon from both of us on the Golden Grams. All right, so now what the hell was that? I think a piece of cereal was lodged in my nose. A little bit of Lance's cracked getting in your nose, still there from over the weekend? All right. So now this next cereal, I don't it's new ish, Okay, it's within the last couple of years. So I'll we have to figure out, like what constitutes new. Is it like within the last five years or I mean a classic cereal has had to have been around for a number of years, at least ten or twelve years, all right, so we'll stay within the last five years. We'll call that new. So now, a couple of episodes ago, you told me you never try this, but I don't believe it because I've seen you eat it. So I'm going to refresh your memory by going into the cereal sack. Please stand by, all.
Speaker 2: Right, this is the part of the episode where I have to pad it. Okay. Uh, here's a motivational message.
Speaker 1: All right, we don't have to hear anything else from you. I've got the box. It's from Calloggs, and it's Crave chocolate. Crave.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying, but I don't think i've had it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to promise you this, you're going to love it.
Speaker 2: I'm indifferent about it because I don't like that there's like stuff inside of it.
Speaker 1: Remember we talked about the fillows, that new cereal from General Mills. Oh yeah, there's lots of stuff inside of it. So if you don't like stuff inside of things, you're not going to like the next couple of episodes.
Speaker 2: So we're doing multiple episodes like this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we like stuffed things, so Crave from Kellogg's. There's two varieties. This is just chocolate. It's kind of like a you know, I don't want to call it vanilla, but it's just like a regular outside with chocolate in the middle. And then there's a double chocolate. It's chocolate cereal with chocolate filling. And you've had them both and you love them both. You have amnesia or something? Did you get hit in the head?
Speaker 2: I have amnesia. Yes, you're the one who does the lances crack.
Speaker 1: All right, So there's really no other cereal it this looks like I don't think Oh yes, yes, remember pop Tart cereal from way back in like episode.
Speaker 2: Three or four, I was thinking this is probably.
Speaker 1: Made on the same machinery because it is Kelloggs, and that is Kelloggs as well. These don't have a butt like you said the pop Tart cereal did. But oh here, take a sniff. Oh oof, it smells like delicious chocolate.
Speaker 2: I don't know what chocolate ear eating. Oh wait, you can't eat chocolate, remember. Oh wait, no, I forgot. You can eat chocolate.
Speaker 1: Chocolate, dude, why can I eat chocolate?
Speaker 2: All of this is just sweets.
Speaker 1: I didn't say I don't eat sweat. I said I don't eat cookies, cakes and pastries, but I eat ice cream cake. That's not really cake.
Speaker 2: The lies, the lies.
Speaker 1: The lies, they're just deception.
Speaker 2: Half truth that you tell yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's pour some milk.
Speaker 2: It's one percent, I got to say with crave, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you when the cereal is best, when it's a little bit soggy because the chocolate in the center. Year you'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I think next week I want to try two percent milk. I think I want to bump it up.
Speaker 2: Why I don't Can you start bringing me in like not bad.
Speaker 1: Milk, like ultra skim but I heard that skim is really not that good because there's way more sugar in it to make up for the fat that's not there.
Speaker 2: What if we do like a nut milk I'm not into nut.
Speaker 1: Well we could have in the last episode, but not here, So sorry, I have to tell you first of all, there it's not milk. None of that is milk. And there's a whole big thing going on with the with the FDA and everything, honestly there is right now because they don't think that you should be able to call milk that aren't milk from a cow milk because it's not milk. You can't milk an almond, you can't milk a soy, you know, you can't milk an oat.
Speaker 2: The way that I saw them, they made like cashew milk and all that day. It's the weirdest process because I did not know that's how it was for the long timme Like, how the hell do you make like a milk like that?
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I'm not going to call that milk, unless, of course Silk wants to sponsor us, then we'll use your milk.
Speaker 2: In fact for our listeners. Right now, Silk.
Speaker 1: Milk, No, I'm sorry, I don't, couldn't even. I mean, I'll I'll tell you to use silk all day if you're like almond milk. But I don't like almonds.
Speaker 2: I do like silk with a touch of vanilla. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: But for the sake of cereal, you just have to use straight up pure milk otherwise it changes the taste of everything.
Speaker 2: Listen, you're you're talking to a guy who ate cereal with water once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my friends still make fun of me for it.
Speaker 1: Didn't you eat it with orange juice once? Too?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: No, somebody I know did? The daughter did that one time? Yeah? I don't understand her. All right, So here we go.
Speaker 2: It's crave.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well now you've wasted two spoons.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, make your fault.
Speaker 1: Then here we go. Pretty good, right, I mean it tastes like dessert. There's no doubt with doubts that face. It's chocolate. It's not even chocolate e. It's crispy shell outside, smooth chocolate inside, filling made with real chocolate.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna sound weird.
Speaker 1: Tell me what's weird?
Speaker 2: I think I would like this without the chocolate on the inside. Really, I like the outside shell. The chocolate is a little distracting for me.
Speaker 1: I think it would be bland without the chocolate marshmallows.
Speaker 2: There it is.
Speaker 1: You're right, chocolate marshmallows.
Speaker 2: At that it was a lie. I didn't actually mean that. Oh all right, Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: I think you might like the double chocolate one better.
Speaker 2: I don't think I should double down on that.
Speaker 1: Wait, these do kind of have a little butt crack on the back. See they have to fill it that way. That's probably how they fill the pop tart cereal and the chocolate in here. No, what's nasty about it about it?
Speaker 2: When it sits in the milk and then it looks like poop? It does? We got another cinnamon life on our hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like it's a diaper that you can kind of see poop through.
Speaker 2: And now I don't want to eat the cereal anymore. So two bowls in a spoon for me.
Speaker 1: I think it's delicious. Three bowls in a spoon for me.
Speaker 2: Mmm, maybe four, you're too generous, Okay, Three.
Speaker 1: Bowls in a spoon for me on Kellogg's Crave Chocolate cereal. So that was a great episode that was episode eighteen. Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: No? I can't, Buddy eight eighteen.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. What happens when we get to one hundred, Well, if.
Speaker 2: We're not in the hospital for my flood pressure cholesterol problems, then I guess we should do a live event.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would be cool. Isn't there a Kellogg store in Times Square? Is that's still there?
Speaker 2: What if we got in touch with them and did like an event where we had seats wait, watch a seat Cereal.
Speaker 1: I can't do that because then we can't say that Kellogg Cereal is bad if we don't. There was a cereal shop in New Jersey that reached out to us and they want us to come visit. Maybe we could do something there, because then it's just, you know, it's partial. We can say whatever we want about any cereal because they don't make it, They just serve it.
Speaker 2: Would anybody actually come to a cereal meet up with you and I, Yeah, I thought you was eat cereal.
Speaker 1: I think they would, and talking, I'm pretty sure they would.
Speaker 2: I would be a little odded out just to be eating in front of people and being like this is great.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's next? We could give away cereal.
Speaker 2: I would love that. Yeah, okay, so mistakes coming soon, Yes, maybe that'll.
Speaker 1: Be down the road, who knows. You know, this is all new every week. So thank you for listening to us, and thank you for following us on Twitter at serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with a C and the PC of courses for podcasts, and follow us and subscribe and stuff on on iHeart and on podcasts you tell them how to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so on your podcast at make sure you hit the subscribe button. This way, whenever there's a new episode, comes right to your phone. Do you not like when I talk on this show?
Speaker 1: This is good? The milk is yellow again?
Speaker 2: Every time I talk you always say things eating. That's again your problem, not mine.
Speaker 1: Why am I sweating again?
Speaker 2: It's really not hot in here. I'm wearing a sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, I think we should wrap things up. Thank you for listening to.
Speaker 2: Us, and give us our podcast five stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know you don't have to listen. If you don't think it's five star worthy, don't do it.
Speaker 2: So but okay, we're not going to ask people to review bomb us with one stars.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want one star If you don't like it, then just go away. But if you like it, please tell us you.
Speaker 2: Like it, right us five stars and leave a review.
Speaker 1: I'll take four to That's fine, okay, thank you for listening. We love you, and until episode nineteen, we have one thing to say.
Speaker 2: Crouch ough, crave is gross.
Speaker 1: No it isn't, Yes it is. Then I'll have your ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, enjoy