Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central, It's America's only sorts for news.
Speaker 3: This here's the Daily Joke with your host Ronnie fah.
Speaker 4: Welcome, I'm Ronnie Shang.
Speaker 5: We got so much to talk about tonight. Christy Nolan fails a pop quiz, The FBI wants you a shut up about Jeffrey Epstein already, And while you were stuck at the airport, Sean Duffy did some redecorating. So let's check in with the best cabinant ever in another installment of The Worst Wing.
Speaker 1: What a bunch of losers.
Speaker 5: Let's start with Christy Nolan, Secretary of Homeland Security and one woman kill Shelter. She's in charge of the country's pathway the citizenship, which for hundreds of years has been a solemn, dignified process for achieving the American dream. But what if instead it was tacky and gross.
Speaker 6: A surreal report that could turn immigration into a TV show. The Trump administration says it's in the very beginning stages of the vetting process for a reported immigrant reality TV show where immigrants would compete to prove they are the most American with a chance to win US citizenship.
Speaker 5: A reality TV show for a citizenship is somehow the most Unamerican and most American thing I've ever heard of, although we already have a contest to prove who's the most American, and it's called the Nathan's Hotdog Eating Contest. What's more American than eating until your colon explodes and then going bankrupt from medical bills. But let me be clear, I hate this idea unless they're looking for a host, then I love this idea, and I'm available on fighters I I will say it might be a nice little way to get deported instead of ICE agents disappearing you up in unmarked vehicles. Ryan Seacrest walks into your living room with a TV crew and is like, Carlos, we're taking you out of the USA. But meanwhile, Christine Nolan was testifying in Congress today about whether her administration is deporting people without habeas corpus, which is their right to do process. If you didn't know what hapeos corpus was, don't worry, Christy Norman didn't google it either.
Speaker 3: What is habeas corpus?
Speaker 7: Well, habeas corpus is a constitutional right that the president has to be able to remove people from this country. Let's spend there, right, let me let me stop man spend the corpus.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, that's that's incorrect.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Look, if Christy Norman was just a random person on the street, I get it. If she was like Hapeo's corpus, that's that's a Harry Potter spell, right, makes you invisible. But the second term Homeland Security should know that hapeas corpus prevents the president from deporting you without due process, not that it lets the president deport you without due process. That's the opposite of what it means. And I didn't know you could have dyslexia for laws either way. Nome withd hod on that question. But unfortunately for her, the quiz was just beginning.
Speaker 8: Do you know what section of the Constitution the suspension clause of habeas corpus?
Speaker 3: Do not you know which article it is in?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: I do not, sir, Okay, well it is in one.
Speaker 5: It wasn't one. It was the first. You didn't even read the first one.
Speaker 3: So can you stop? We get it?
Speaker 5: Okay, stop asking her how the questions like how would senators like it if Christine Nom asked you questions that she was an expert in huh, hey, Senator Kim, do you know how to trick a puppy into walking into an open grave?
Speaker 3: No? Not so smart? Now are you.
Speaker 5: Anyway? Christine Nome, you still don't know the basics of American law. So I'm sorry to say, we're gonna have to take you out of USA.
Speaker 1: But luckily.
Speaker 5: Won them back after the dog killing jokes. But luckily for America, Christie Nome isn't the only one in charge of keeping the country safe. We also got Cash Betel and Dan Geno, two guys who look like they should be henchmen in a Ninja Turtles movie.
Speaker 3: But somehow running the FBI.
Speaker 5: Now and before he took over, Dan Bongino wasn't afraid to tell us the truth about what the FBI was covering up.
Speaker 9: Nobody knows how much material people have on Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: The guy killed himself and now nobody's.
Speaker 5: Gonna know, yeah, exactly Epstein killed himself. Bongino knows the truth, and now he and Cash Patel get to see all the fouls. So on Sunday they sat down for an interview to tell us what really happened, because we know Epstein didn't just kill himself.
Speaker 3: They killed himself.
Speaker 5: What he killed himself without air quotes. That is the tray easiest thing I've ever heard. All Right, I was a single issue voter on this. Why did you change your mind as a public defender, as a prosecutor, who's been in that prison system, who's been in.
Speaker 6: The Metropolitan Detention Center, who's been in segregated housing.
Speaker 5: You know a suicide when you see one, and that's what that was.
Speaker 3: Again, you want me to get I've seen the whole file. He killed himself.
Speaker 5: I've never seen someone so sad that the deep state didn't kill someone else. And also, hey, you can't talk so much shit about how the deep state did this and make it your entire personality.
Speaker 3: And then now you're in it and you're.
Speaker 5: Like just shrugging off, like, oh, yeah, I guess all right the first time they investigated this. Hey, if you fail that hot, you gotta let Hillary Clinton kill you, right. And finally, yeah, I don't know what we're charing for. And finally, let's talk about the Department of Transportation. Recently and travel in America has become what's known in the industry as totally fit. And I'm sure Secretary of Sean Duffy has been working on a great plan to fix it.
Speaker 10: We are moving Jesus out of the basement.
Speaker 5: What well is that the new air traffic controller, because that's what we need right now.
Speaker 10: To all the great mindshipment at the Merchant Marine Academy, you let me know how important this painting was to all of you. Now we all know he was taken out of a place of prominence and putting down in the basement. I worked with the Academy, and because this is such a historic painting, I'm announcing that through that work with the Academy, this painting is going to go from the basement back to its place of prominence. It'll be a moment to celebrate.
Speaker 5: Oh thank God, No, no, no, thank God, Because when my plane is going down, I can tell the person next to me, don't worry, that's a shitty Jesus painting is upstairs at the Merchant Marine Academy. Now for more on the return of the Jesus painting, Let's go live to the painting. And here from the King of Kings himself, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Hello, my child.
Speaker 3: Wait, hang on, Jesus, you're white.
Speaker 5: I mean I thought the real Jesus was like Middle Eastern or something.
Speaker 11: Oh well, I can take any form I wish, and this particular one gets me through airport security.
Speaker 3: Pastor well, of course.
Speaker 5: But oh hey, your majesty Sean Duffy is taking you out of the basement. I mean you gotta be happy about that.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 11: There's no other things to be worried about right now. Planes are falling out of the sky, boats are crashing into the Brooklyn Bridge Newark Airport killed itself.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 11: Not to brag, but when I was on Earth, we had zero plane crashes.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I guess that's technically true. But hey, at least you can be seen by more people in this historic painting.
Speaker 11: This shitty painting, the one that looks like it was made at a bachelorette party drinking drive. I've seen better portraits of myself on toast. Okay, you think that's how I want to be seen, hovering over a boat full of sailors. Hey, everybody, look, it's that famous painting Jesus drowns and seamen. Oh no, no, no, no, I I was fine in the basements. I've had my pictures of worse places, Irish grandmother's bedrooms, prison sells, Mexican restaurants with a sea health rating. We Grande's latskukaratas.
Speaker 3: No gusta LaPoint is worry about stuff.
Speaker 4: That's actually going on.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I mean you kind of Jesus like, can you help us with some of this airport stuff?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: No, I've got more important things on my plate than fixing all your unforced errors.
Speaker 3: There's war famine. The Knicks.
Speaker 5: You're welcome, by the way.
Speaker 3: Oh why.
Speaker 5: So that was you?
Speaker 3: Oh no, the Knicks got this far by themselves. Of course it was med.
Speaker 5: Okay, so are they gonna go all the way? Oh?
Speaker 8: My godness, really is a comedy show.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: All right, well, hey, can you can't get me ques I see for you anything? All right? Also, bring my friend Jondan Cleppy.
Speaker 3: All right, I hate that guy. Not my best work. You know, you can't make the body long and the head along. I mean, what was I thinking?
Speaker 5: Amen to that? That's very accurate.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jesus Christ, everybody, and we come back.
Speaker 12: Bill Belichick is in love, so don't go away. Welcome back here Daily Show.
Speaker 5: I think I speak of everyone when I say politics, drools, and sports rules. For full recap on the biggest stories in the world of jocks and straps, we turn to Sports War.
Speaker 3: You're ready for battle. It's time for brought to you by Gambling. Gambling.
Speaker 13: Stop hugging that Textru Kidney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's up, Dingleberries.
Speaker 4: I'm right yet I'm Michael Costa.
Speaker 2: This is Sports War, the show where we are legally not allowed to agree with each other.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: So if I say the hardest thing in sports is hitting a fastball.
Speaker 2: And I say the hardest thing is changing a sumo wrestler's diaper, all right, I'd.
Speaker 4: Like to see Aaron Judge do that. I'm serious. I pay good money to see that.
Speaker 5: I pay good money to see a horse kick you in the face. Until then, let's talk sports, and the only story that matters is New Your.
Speaker 3: Wild celebrations in New York City overnight.
Speaker 5: After the Knicks eliminated the Boston Celtics to make the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Thousands of fans then poured into the streets post game.
Speaker 4: They like shut down everything around Penn Station in Madison squir Garden.
Speaker 3: He's got Spider Man.
Speaker 5: Go New York Go, New York Go.
Speaker 3: What a blowing image.
Speaker 5: People smile in midtown Manhattan, No city partties Hoddo while standing in urine than New York City. All right, and I love that guy who climbed the billboard. Can you believe he only pays seventeen hundred, seventeen hundred dollars a month to live up there. It's practically a studio. But you know what, New Yorker's wait a long time. They deserve this and the best part of this celebration, Michael Costa wasn't there.
Speaker 4: Of course I wasn't there. I was out to dinner with my best friend PF.
Speaker 8: Chang.
Speaker 4: We shared fahitas at Applebee's. Great guy.
Speaker 2: Actually, hey, Knicks fans, you're partying too early. It's only the second round. Your timing is almost as bad as that idiot I saw celebrating Halloween today.
Speaker 4: He had on a cop costume.
Speaker 2: A cop car was like with four other dudes in the exact same dumb cop costume.
Speaker 4: People are really fucking stupid, man, which brings.
Speaker 5: Us while Bye Bye Boston better than nights how will New Yorkers celebrate a Knicks championship brought to you by gambling?
Speaker 3: Gambling?
Speaker 5: I heard greyhounds actually like running onto the lakes explode. Let's move on from celebrating basketball and celebrate love. Well, whatever the hell this is?
Speaker 9: North Carolina head football coach Bill Belichick and his twenty four year old girlfriend, Jordan Hudson.
Speaker 3: Are apparently engaged.
Speaker 9: A story in The New York Times says Jordan has told one person she and Belichick are quote engaged to be married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy three year old Bill Belichick and twenty four year old Jordan Hudson are engaged. That's gonna be one hell of a wedding slash funeral.
Speaker 3: Bill, Bill, listen to me.
Speaker 2: This is all happening way too fast. I mean, has she even met your parents yet? Why is Bill locking himself down when he could be cleaning up at the nursing home. Believe me, there's nothing hotter than going down on someone mid dialysis.
Speaker 3: Grow up, Costa, You puff all right, You're just jealous.
Speaker 5: You'll never be famous enough to date a woman born four years from now. We should be celebrating their love.
Speaker 3: Love is strange, That's why it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: Remember that turtle that had sected that shoe, Well, that shoe was forty years younger than that turtle, and they seem perfectly happy to me.
Speaker 2: Well, look this brings us to our sugar baby better than night. We'll Bill Belichick smile at his own wedding brought to you by gambling. Gambling, bet your inheritance before your twenty four year old step mom gets.
Speaker 5: It moving on, Costa, what's the nicest bathroom you've ever used than one of my friend PF Chang's house.
Speaker 4: And no, he doesn't live in a PF Chang's, he lives above one. And it makes the male.
Speaker 5: I truly regret talking to you.
Speaker 3: Roll the clip.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers signed Japanese pitcher Rochi Sasaki after a meeting where he asked if Japanese South's toilets would be part of the team's new one hundred million dollar locker room. He was promised that they would be included. He says they were a factor in getting him to sign with the team.
Speaker 8: In case she were wondering, Japanese toilets often included a day function, remote controls, heated seats, and an automatic lid, among other features.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's about time, all right. Baseball players are terrible at wiping. Have you ever noticed those shit mods under the ice sts.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing, Ronnie, Ronnie, sounds like you rub shit on your brain. I mean Japanese toilets in American baseball stadiums.
Speaker 4: Why did we even fight World War Two?
Speaker 2: My grandfather died in Pearl Harbor well a screening of the film.
Speaker 4: He choked on a milk cut.
Speaker 2: The point is, I don't need some toilet comakaziing my butt.
Speaker 5: Crack which brings us to our tush tech better than night. Who will be the first Dodgers player to get sucked into a Japanese toilet?
Speaker 3: Brought to you by gambling? Gambling? The new Pope hasn't condemned it yet.
Speaker 4: Well, that's all the time we have to wage war over sports.
Speaker 2: Join us next time when we debate if it's time for professional swimmers to swim.
Speaker 3: In something other than water?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a marinara sauce. That could be interesting Satalian swimmers?
Speaker 4: Would Domino bea don't know anything about it?
Speaker 3: Welcome back to a damn show.
Speaker 5: My guest tonight is an award winning fashion designer who launches eponymous label. In two thousand and nine, his memoirs called Walk like a Girl. Please welcome Goral everybody, all right, New York City, give you a standing ovation.
Speaker 3: I mean, thank your show. That's the show.
Speaker 8: This is a good well, this is a good looking audience. First of all, just say that, and then thank you very much.
Speaker 13: And and wait, this is a good looking on it is And also.
Speaker 3: Don't you think he looks better? Now? Okay, you just saying what you just saying? You follow the saguru and you look good.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know what happened. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I decided to dress like Ronnie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you get the memo was gonna happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good to hear.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: The highest of the highs in the fashion world, the champ Oh, thank you very much, us with your taste and your grace.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you've like dressed, you know, the Megala Obama, Michelle Obama. How does a guy go from How does a person go from being a kid in the poll to the highest of the highs in New York City fashion?
Speaker 8: I would say dreaming, impossible, dreams, delusion, a whole lot of it. You know, and and I would say an incredibly incredibly supportive mother and siblings who believe in all your craziest dreams and say, you know you're worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so.
Speaker 5: Having a delusional family, delusional family, delusional me, but your family also encouraged you, because that's a big part of this book. I mean, first of all, I read the book. It's great, very easy read. A little sad sometimes, yes, but that's yeah, okay, I was a complaint was describing it, and yeah, it's good. No, it's a bit or sweet. It's like it's like the sad moments, but there is hopefulness in it even in the sad moment. When I'm reading a sad moments, I think it's because I know how you end up. I know how the book ends, so I'm like, yeah, this is not But one one theme of the book that keeps popping up is how much you love your mom. You keep talking about how much you love your mom, Like, why do you love your mom so much?
Speaker 8: Because I've head on my shoulders. Let's just sell with that. And you know, not only do I love her, I like her. My mom is incredible. She's the best, the best one that.
Speaker 3: Mom, you're incredible as well. And you also well.
Speaker 5: I'm not just so no, I wasn't. After I was like immediately honored.
Speaker 3: You are the best.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 1: My mom?
Speaker 3: Is my mom iss better? My mom's better than you? Well, really, have you written a book?
Speaker 5: Have I written a book about my mom? Not yet?
Speaker 3: There you go there sometimes from here?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, why is it? Why do you look?
Speaker 3: You know? The funny thing is, I'm looking at you. Look.
Speaker 5: I can't get over.
Speaker 3: Don't get over how great you look at you? You know, just saying I just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just woke up and I just saw this. I was like, you know what, maybe I'll just try it on the show today. You know, it's so embarrassing that you decided to this is kind of embarrassing. But yeah, I mean I just saw this time. Check with your stylist with will you will do? Because you can't just walk on the show dressing like the host.
Speaker 3: But the real question, wait did The real question is how does the cleavash feel?
Speaker 5: I don't know how you pull this up? This is very I'm very cold right now. I really, well, do you wear this all the time? I have no idea how you don't wear a shirt under your jackets?
Speaker 3: What makes you think this is not a shirt?
Speaker 5: No, I can see the cleavage. I don't know how you get it.
Speaker 8: Well, don't you think we should be equal in everything? So like, if you're talking about equality, why not let us show ours?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I let's just say not everyone should show off cleavage. Okay, some people shouldn't be showing up the cleavage. We don't need it across multiple genders. Some of them don't need to show the cleavage.
Speaker 3: Can you your mom? Tell me about your mom? Why do you love your mom?
Speaker 13: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: My mom.
Speaker 8: Saw me in full capacity, in my joy, in my sorrows and everything, and accepted me for who I am.
Speaker 3: You know, she always she.
Speaker 5: Never once judged me. Let's just put it this way, which, by way, it wasn't that. You know, white people watch this and there like that's normal, but way.
Speaker 3: In Nepal. Yeah, but I say that it was a It was a big deal for her.
Speaker 5: To be like that. For you and you want the typical kid.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 8: I wasn't an incredibly effeminate kid that I loved dressing up in my sister's clothes, and my mom was like, you know, and I asked her recently, why did you allow me? And she said, you know, I looked at your face and the joy that you had.
Speaker 3: I could not deny it. And she was like, you know, and yes, that's how I feel over yeah, exactly. I love you all for that. Every page of the book.
Speaker 8: That that what you just felt. That's every page of this book. And yes, you know what, guess what. I also talked to my mom every morning. You know, she lives in Nepal and New York. Right now, she's in Nepal, so I'll talk to her.
Speaker 3: I'll call her. Sometimes it's a deep conversation, sometimes just like you know, what do you eat?
Speaker 8: But my mother is someone who is looking at her, watching her, you know, the raising us like my siblings and I alone in single handedly and then with such elegance and such, you know, like I would unbout and and apologetically was my first you know, lesson in elegance and resilience. And I always keep on saying this watching her, I realize, you know, elegance is not a posture.
Speaker 3: It's a practice. You know it was, So is it too heavy for you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I'm trying, just should I should I should? I should? I just bring it down. So basically, Ronnie, you know, so it's a mom good or not? Mom good or bad?
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 3: What what's better than this? It's phenomenal, it's great. Okay, we get it. You love your mom, she looks back. You don't love your mom. I love my mom, Joe, I love my mom. I just not need a brag about it every five seconds.
Speaker 5: You have to meet my mother.
Speaker 3: Any of my friends have met, and she's amazing, she's great. You love her? Yeah, yeah, but that that I believe this is sarch to my Mother's Day, Like, oh, but what is Mother's Day? I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: I think that's like that's the problem. That's like multiple Mother's Day. Yeah, that's like one American.
Speaker 3: You wish your mom.
Speaker 5: I wish her for everyone a couple of the bases. But I mean it's because you bring her up in the book. I mean, I'm joking. It's not every single page, but she's definitely a recurring theme. She gets the strength, she keeps coming into the story, and even now talking to you can't shut up about her.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, she No, she is the spine behind my back.
Speaker 8: She's she's the one the reason why I'm here, and this is she's also one of the she's she's the person who convinced me to come here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't you know, here's the thing I could.
Speaker 5: I could talk to you forever because you've got such an amazing story. I'm trying to get out some gems for people to so so I'll just speed round through the shirt. So, like, what would you say to young fashion designers now who are trying to enter the industry now, not.
Speaker 8: Just fashion designers, to anyone, I would just say, just don't worry about the boxes.
Speaker 3: You know, in the world that's obsessed.
Speaker 8: With applause and we who's continues in needing validations. If you can love yourself without it, that's the first step, because in that freedom, there's a liberation, right. So I would say, don't worry about what people say. Just do what you make mistakes, do what you want, and be.
Speaker 3: Curious and read. That's all I would say. Yeah, Oh, don't applaud that he said, don't applaud that he said.
Speaker 5: Don't know, he doesn't need a validation, he doesn't need validation.
Speaker 3: And no, but when they hear the truth. People should be people.
Speaker 5: And I want to ask you a cree because you were kind of in New York City at the kind of peak of high fashion in New York. It was the nineties. Yes, it was crazy. Vanity Fair was the Party's meant sound cards. Yeah, there was no internet really there was like maybe a blog or you know, like no not really Okay, well well right, yeah, so what was what was the fashion world like then? Competitivet Now? How has it changed? You know, I know it's a broad question, but yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's changed.
Speaker 8: You know, in the nineties when or early two thousand, it was very I would say, like experimental.
Speaker 3: They were like a lot of like artists.
Speaker 8: I live around East Religion Lower East Side to there was like, oh, I'll never forget the first time I went to Cafe j Town. I sat there and I was like, you know, writing something.
Speaker 3: I looked over. It was David Bowie, you know. It was it was like that you know, you'd want walk.
Speaker 8: Into that will be Chloe Sevin, there'll be Mark Chacos and all of a sudden there's someone you know, like it was just this.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 8: Another story I was just say is when I went to indushin one time. The first time I remember, it was Salman Rose Street, Patma, Lashmy and a and a porn star in the other table, you know, And to me that was like, that's exactly what New York is.
Speaker 3: And the fashion was so like kind of whoa, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 5: How did you know a porn star?
Speaker 3: Because because it was before internet.
Speaker 8: So you know, because because he was dating a friend of mine.
Speaker 3: That's how I know your friend told you. Yeah, and so that it was magic because magic in the area.
Speaker 8: It was magic magic, it was magical, experimental it was and now it's not what it is it is now. I think at that time I would say it was you, you know, you kind of dress up for yourself and obviously for your friends and everything. Now you're dressing up for everyone on Internet, so you kind of lose their identity.
Speaker 3: And that's bad, right, That's that's not great.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think anytime you need outside validation constantly that you can't exist without it, then it's bad. But sometimes just to just to you know, play around with people, that's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what is the advantage You would say that the fashion has now over in the nineties, the industry, I will.
Speaker 8: Say for I mean many downsides, some of the upsides fashion and culture. You and I wouldn't be sitting like this. The people who how we look willn't be here in fashion. Also, it has completely expanded the idea of beauty. Who gets to be on a runway, the sizes, the race.
Speaker 3: You know, and that's what it is.
Speaker 8: So while yes, while we can sit down and talk about again, there's a lot of issues about it, what I'm trying to look at is like the progress that it has made. Obviously we have a long way to go. There would be no conversation abouts the curving models or like I remember, I remember when I was working at Blast, it used to be like, oh, you have one model too, black models, that's enough.
Speaker 3: Now you don't even talk like that right now. Now it's just like you do. You don't think about it.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you heard the President, but that that stuff is over now we can't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm talking about fashion people, yeah, who are the smartest sometimes yeah.
Speaker 5: So now so I guess it's for all the downsides of all these stupid influencers doing stuff for likes.
Speaker 3: There's still no that's job. That's that's the job.
Speaker 8: It's I don't think a lot of influencers are my friends.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, No, I don't think.
Speaker 8: They're stupid, okay, and I think I think they are really smart people. And because it's business, it's different kind of business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's kind of taken away from the gatekeepers a little bit back in the day, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: But then what happens is when fashion should always be democratic, you're allowed to a housewife in you know, let's a Minnesota can be looking at a red carpet on met Galan and be like, you know what, I don't like it. I like it, I'll never wear You're participating. That's why fashion is amazing, you know. But then within that you start to find.
Speaker 3: Your own niche, you start your own world.
Speaker 8: And you know, high fashion is high fashion because it's it's all hype and it's also a lot of craft in there.
Speaker 3: But you know, fashion is for everyone. That's what we're living in right now.
Speaker 5: Well that's a very cut down to a way to look at high fashion, and that's something I really like about. You can you can go from you know, high the highest of all high fashion, the Megala, and you can come and have road tight coffee with me in Malaysia and we can both hang out.
Speaker 3: How generous am I? But I just want dude, I'm so sorry because my because if you just end every story with that, I don't know. You don't think I'm going to do.
Speaker 5: I'll talk about my mom? Yeah me too, Yeah me too. Look, I'm trying to compress so much in I'm s obviously the rush, but I want people to see the your your genius. Sometimes it's hard to see creativity and action. The best way I know how to represent is if I give you some photos and you kind of illustrate for us kind of your your ideas, your thoughts, these on this fashion trying.
Speaker 3: This is your this is your okay, all right, so what do you want me to talk about it?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 5: This is your This is Tessa Thompson at the McGowan. This is your dress, yes, that you made and we would call it an on thomb.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry it's an on thomb because it is there's a white halter cotton mini dress underneath and this is like a silk wool you know, pannier.
Speaker 5: Did your mom make this too?
Speaker 3: It was? It was inspired by her?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what what can you just draw? As though you make people think like you're doing something cool on it. Yeah, okay, yeah, So what the influences for this, Like what were some.
Speaker 8: Of the So the influence of the super fine tailoring was the theme this year, and I kind of wanted to take someone like Tessa who was really experiments with her role and film and everything and also in fashion and kind of like take and abstract.
Speaker 3: The men's were aspect of fit.
Speaker 8: You know, and just so that's why, like, if you look at it, this is a very traditional succeed to like traditional toucceedo.
Speaker 3: Year, all of these right, this whole area.
Speaker 8: And then then we kind of like you know, paired it with like something that's an old school pannier, like those like petticoats, right, so we did that. It's almost an eight, which is a good lucky number for me anyway. And then and then then this is like a latex tie, you know, there's like a little bit subversion that I always like. And the back is completely open and the you can't really see it. You actually can see this all handstitch this.
Speaker 3: This okay like youah yeah.
Speaker 8: So it's like so it looks like, oh, just a dress with an ensemb that's really and this is all made in New York, you know, that's what ninety percent of myself we make it.
Speaker 5: So it's super cheap.
Speaker 13: Right, this is.
Speaker 3: Guess what, we don't have to worry about tariffs New York.
Speaker 5: Here's another.
Speaker 8: This is an I mean this year met Gala was crazy.
Speaker 5: Oh so this is something I actually I think I was at this show. Yes, thank you for inviting me. I was totally on a place there no idea, what's doing? This is alpha you had.
Speaker 8: You should have just worn this, by what you're wearing, and you could have come. Actually, next show, maybe you should come out instead of me, how about that?
Speaker 5: And maybe you've come here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't need that validation. I'm already okay, trust you will be addicted to it. Why do you think we do like ga zelland shows?
Speaker 5: So tell me about this?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 8: So this is again silk called Uh. This is like a men's shirt. You know, it's almost like this idea for sixty.
Speaker 3: To the end of the night.
Speaker 8: You open it up, you know, the bow tie and it's like I always find that kind of sexy, like you've had a good time.
Speaker 3: Clearly there you are exactly I don't.
Speaker 5: I've ever seen you button a shirt.
Speaker 3: I don't believe in that. I don't believe in closing anything. Just be open. Yeah. Yeah, and this is actually we call it a doughty pant. So it's this.
Speaker 8: It's like in the shapey Bill shaped pants. Now, this whole color pieces. I love it together because this is very Americana, you know, like there's like a tuxedo men's shirt and this is very from our part of the world, from India, Nepal.
Speaker 3: So this idea always do.
Speaker 8: It is like West meeting the East, not East meeting the west. It's West meeting the East. You know, just wanted to put it out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then this is like a cashmere cardigan that's made in Nepal and it was style.
Speaker 3: By my friend Tina who's here.
Speaker 15: Actually yeah, so this is also this is also super cheap, right, this was like, okay, let's so let's try let's try this swan would you would you?
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what's going on with this outfit?
Speaker 3: Yea? So so why is this like a high fashion thing or what?
Speaker 5: Can you explain this?
Speaker 15: What is this?
Speaker 5: Wait? It's like how many layers well, including the dandruff that's like there's like at least he's oh my lord, do you see this? It is a dandre were blocking the thing? If you're moving, what are you doing? Shoot shoeshoo?
Speaker 8: Okay yeah, okay, So anyway, I would say, okay, let's start with good.
Speaker 3: So what is that?
Speaker 5: What did you just circle there?
Speaker 8: I think it's like a it's I think or it's like you know, when you press something too much.
Speaker 5: I think his skin is rejected? What is the what is going on here?
Speaker 3: Why is there?
Speaker 5: Is this a thing for fashion? Is he legitimately fashionable?
Speaker 3: Am?
Speaker 15: I just no?
Speaker 3: And you know what he's representing to me is really who he is? Like you know, confused, you know, that's what I would say. But good hair though, good hair, yeah, I would say the hair is good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's also like botox gone wrong.
Speaker 5: But anyway, but you're you're.
Speaker 3: The fashion guy.
Speaker 8: You don't comment on the beauty, so we we do common head to toe.
Speaker 3: But five shirts?
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 3: Should you ever wear five shirts? I would say no, But.
Speaker 8: Demna, who used to design Valencia, I might disagree with me. It's very much like layer up on, layer up on, layer of shirts. They're trying to yeah, but as I said, he's trying to hide something.
Speaker 5: I don't know what he is, almost like the amenthesiis of you because he's wearing five shirts and you're wearing those shirts. True direct opposite. Okay, but but but but also you have seen why why oh.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: This is the last one, this last.
Speaker 3: So who's this child?
Speaker 5: Who's the one is?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 5: What do you think about this outfit right here?
Speaker 3: What's failure to launch? I mean, what does the hat say?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a slogan. It's some political slogan.
Speaker 8: Not I mean, and we we all believe in that, but in a sense, but not their way. Sure yeah, sure not again actually yeah yeah do we not?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah, you're like, I don't know, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean you make American grate.
Speaker 3: That's well.
Speaker 5: Do you like the spin on it? Because usually this is a red but there seems to be a limited edition black, black on black. I mean does that give you? Does that buy him any credit with you?
Speaker 3: Not at all?
Speaker 5: Okay? What do you like about the fit?
Speaker 3: You know, what do you think about the fit? The fit? The issue is the fit?
Speaker 8: Okay, you know it is we call it in fashion, we call it like a It's like a shift not a tight dress, but it's like a mini dress, you know, like you know, so it's like a that shape is look at that, it's like very like sixties. Uh you know this is this is all almost like sixties, I would say.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would say his views are also like you know the model Twiggy Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what she would yeah yeah, and that's what she would wear.
Speaker 5: Well, don't be negative or anything positive from this.
Speaker 8: And I love I love the curtains, Oh the currents you're like okay, yeah, okay, and that this print is really nice and it could be a good ear rings and then this drape and let's see. Yeah, I would say that, and I think, you know, he was a visionary, but he I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this what can can Would you recommend this fit? Thumbs up with him? No to anyone? This is I think I believe it's called an arm song. Is that what you just drew there?
Speaker 8: This is what I'm trying to do, is like literally trying to make it into like sixties shift dress, very mod So if that's the case, it's very like almost like then I can see.
Speaker 5: Like it was it's beg Jackie onless this if you dude, that's what I saw was exactly seeing a few.
Speaker 8: I think you're in a wrong cary. You should be fashion designed.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all right, all right, problem, You're the best thing. Good bye, did good? Oh you're the best catch you half.
Speaker 5: That's not sharing your talent and that's what're coming on the show.
Speaker 3: That's just sharing your good case.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You the best walk like a girl as the bolbim.
Speaker 3: Now we're right here quick.
Speaker 1: Great, were right.
Speaker 13: Back after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, let's all show over tonight.
Speaker 3: Here it is your moment of zen Bobby Lynn. How many people has he fired thus far?
Speaker 8: Actually, we have not had anyone, uh fired, with the exception of one individual who did leave their job.
Speaker 4: But we have a great team here.
Speaker 5: So far, so good. Explore more shows from The Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you.
Speaker 3: Get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 12: Paramount Podcasts