Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest Tits, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Rick and Bubba's Greatest Tits.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, Rick and Bubba.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you about you know, we're transitioning into this new time of life. Bubby. You went first, and actually Greg went first, and then you. Of course, Greg's in a whole other level because both of his kids are now married. Oh and I think I was going to ask Greg a question about that, because here's where I'm in, this weird transition where everybody's in college or everybody's out on their own. Okay, all four of my kids are in one of those stages. So two in college, two out on their own, and the two that are in college. Because now you know, when there's always one at home, then to me, the parenting switch is always on because you got one in your house, you know how it is. I don't know if you have those of you out there that ever played sports, did you ever in a situation and you hear this talk about all the time, where like if somebody plays sparingly and they say, well, you know, they have to come off the sideline and then they have to get in the game. I'm starting to feel that way about parenting. It's like, you know, I don't parent every day anymore, so you know, you and I get to the point where I think, well, I'm done parenting, and suddenly I'll be called to parent and it's like I don't know what to do. I'm stiff. I don't even know what to say. Now, I'm in this weird mode where where And I must warn those of you that haven't done this before because you don't deal with them every day, You don't really deal with them that often. Now, once they're married, is parenting over that. Now you might get advice or things like that, but parenting's over.
Speaker 3: It's advising consin at that point you're like to senate.
Speaker 1: But this kind of these college years is kind of a hybrid because they're not fully out on their own. You still have them in most cases an investment there, but you don't see them that much, so you almost leave the world of parenting. Then suddenly you're being called to parent again, and I don't feel like I'm on top of it. It's like, you know, you're sitting there and you know, one point one point, you know, you're like, hey, I'm on, I'm on mosey on down to the farm and cheering out. We're going mosey over here and get something to eat. And he won't we mosey on over and see the boys mosey on over there, and you know, and I'm not. I'm not parenting anybody. And then and then then all of a sudden, what you need to tell him? He didn't need to do that, what you know? And then then it's like what it's almost like somebody. You're over there trying to find your helmet. What I'm in the game. Wait a minute, I wasn't ready and you run out there and you hadn't scratched it down. You don't, God, you've did that. That ain't the thing to do. And you know, sir, what do you mean? I don't know. Your mom said something's happened. I didn't know I was gonna parent today. I don't even know what I'm saying. What's happening? You're gonna go get my book?
Speaker 4: I don't think I don't think i'd do that. I'll tell you that, whatever it is. Your mother's talking about. Yeah, you better clean that up. And I mean now it happened to otherday. Hey, you need to tell him he needs to come on by and see us. Okay, where is he?
Speaker 1: You know he did? Does he not know where here? He does? Well, I figure they're gonna come by whenever they're here. Well, you need to tell them that this that they again, we won't get over here. Hey dad, hey son, son, better not see that again, sir? What are you talking about? I have no idea he was upset about something. Yeah, something whatever you didn't do today. Let's not do that again. Just like it's like I'm not I'm not in the groove. I'm not not not loose, I'm not I'm not ready to pay. Like the person that you whistle up. Yeah yeah, the person you back up. Their helmet came off. So they got to come out for a play, right, So you have to run in and you're gonna come back out. But you got to run in. But seeing act like you know what you're doing and this is it. And let's use our just to stay with that football analogy. So what's happened to is and in baseball, I forgot to warm up and they're going you like, and I said, oh my gosh, I was supposed to be throwing in the bullpit, you know. But in football it's like, you know, they tell the backup, now, be sure you know what we're doing. Know our offensive playing in the game, and he's thinking himself, I'm not get in the game. And then before you know it, hey, who's down. Oh that's a quarterback. I get your helmet. Oh my god, I wish I looked at the place. What are we running? What's Oklahoma mean? You know? And it's like I've got I've gotten out of the groove. And this, this this sparse parenting is kind of weird. You know. It's like you're not you're not in the groove. You don't know, you don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: But every time I'll tell you this, I'm looking forward to. Yeah, but when you send money, it seems to get you back in. It's kind of like a wake up call.
Speaker 1: You know. It's funny. And I tell you something, you're on something because you just nailed it. That is my go to. I'll tell you what, as long as I'm funding this, whatever your mother's mad about it. At the stops, it is corrected I'm cutting you all off. That's always what I go to. So that's my new covers. My new parenting thing now is I'm coming like an employee. I'll fire you. I'm not even a parent anymore. I'm the boss. Now you're fright again, I'll fire you. And I was upset with some then I was supposed to have said, I don't even know what it was. It had something to do with it. I thinking what was good? It was one of them going to work? What good? That was good? That a band? Well do you mean you don't have your check book with that? I never had to use it for. What do you need a check book for? I'm filling out my thing. They got to know my accounts so they can direct deposit. Oh you need to you need to know your count number. Son, I'll fire you. You know, I don't know what to do name. It's just weird parenting now, very very strange. When it was a daily occurrence, you know, you were constantly parenting. Yeah, just just pair it every now. But and then the thing gets me too.
Speaker 3: You just have to cut your playbook down. Rick have one sheet.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've been through it before or not. Maybe y'all didn't have a situation. But but do you find yourself though? It's the dad trying to like pretend to be sad about them all being gone. I'll tell you what, I just, I just I just miss having kids in this house, don't you, Yes, yes, I do, well, I do. But uh, this is doing whatever we want to anytime we want to. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's not. It's not quite as bad as I thought it would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah. Going out there and only one trash can having trash bags in it.
Speaker 3: I hate this.
Speaker 1: This is terrible. Look. I went in the room twice. It's like clean. This is awful. Where's those empty water bottles? I miss so much? Laying everywhere.
Speaker 3: Out putting a plastic garbage can?
Speaker 1: What always have for me to doing?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 1: Were so close?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just fallen off the table. Would the camp?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, those friends that we didn't know they bring by. I miss that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hungry, Yeah yeah, I miss all are always hunger so I don't have to stop and get a party platter on the way home because the team parties at the house. Man, this is terrible. I hate this. Looking out here on the porch with nothing to do, just do.
Speaker 3: Whatever on today. Hey, I think I'll walk down there and look at it.
Speaker 1: I tell you what I hate is all this rusty Yeah, that's doing what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 1: You gotta stop a me riding to the farm with zero gilt because I left you with a bunch of screaming kids. This is terrible me calling you and there's no noise in the house. We got to fix that.
Speaker 3: And I mean, now, yeah, right away.
Speaker 1: When I call you to tell you how big a fish I call out here screaming kids. Man, I really miss that guilt, right am I not supposed to be unhappy about this. I mean, you know, I mean this don't cause too much trouble anymore. Please move be back.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: So yesterday we all head out into our little worlds and we're doing all our things. And and so I get a picture from Bubba and Helmsey we all did here on the old program. You know, we also need to look into the one that Adler sent us as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: Remind me to give that a look here in a little bit and see if we came there. May be a piece of gold there today. But we'll look and bubba if i'm I hope what I see.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 1: Apparently it looks like you and Helmsey are holding. Now. I don't know enough about it to know except for what you put in the picture, and that is pickleball rackets, And it looks like a whiffle ball. Is that what a pickleball looks like? Yeah, it is it is.
Speaker 3: We had lunch yesterday with tennis legend Boom Mason, and they they offer some pickleball stuff there. We're at the Hoover Country Club and so Hem's and I got out and we were trying to learn a little more. It was kind of an investigative thing, wouldn't you say him? For you know, since there had been a lot of talk about pickleball. I was just going to get out and see what it was all about. Out now, none of us, neither one of us know the rules.
Speaker 7: Keep this in mind, we are completely I have hit back and forth over a net before, but I have never played a game. Don't know anything about the rules, don't know how you score any of that. So it was all new. It's a new journey for us.
Speaker 1: So then I see, you know, we all have a little fun and then Bubba puts back, thanks for coming out and putting me through a grueling six minute workout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what what what.
Speaker 1: All that six minutes? A hell on the.
Speaker 3: Well, we went out there and we probably made a mistake and that we were going to do this right after lunch as opposed to before it well you uh, you know, but it's it's still you know, it's still right after lunch. And uh but and it was it was rather warm yesterday and uh, you know, I'm I'm I need to make that process to do better.
Speaker 1: And it was it was it was hot up. So when I see the six minutes, because I know exactly what you're talking about because I've been there. You know, anytime you stop and start and you try to get started back the first day, you there's a day that you say, Today's the day I assess where I am? Yeah, and what what what work lies ahead?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Is that? What should I read into that six minute thing that that that that bussy is at the starting point this time.
Speaker 3: Is if clearing the forest is getting in shape, we need napal.
Speaker 1: Pretty severe.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 3: We need B fifty two's carpet bombing. Yeah, Agent Orange right, yell and a lot of bulldozers.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, you know what I think, and this is a mistake a lot of people make, and I think you did not make it yesterday, which is good. And I'm speaking from experience as well. You need to when you start back, you gotta you gotta ease back in and then increase because if you go crazy the very first day back, you will have such a terrible, bodily response to that. Yeah, before you know it, you don't go back to anything. I believe that's off the table. Yeah, so so probably six minutes about all you needed.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, well, you know, we're still nursing a knee in the back and you know, trying to assess that and it's it's not good, especially the back. But yeah, we uh, you know, I appreciate hims taking a few minutes and just let me get out there and move around a little bit. That wasn't a lot of movement.
Speaker 1: But I have I have a couple of things I want to ask. First, we were out.
Speaker 3: There actually a little longer than six minutes, but I thought that sounded funny. Yeah, tweet men, it might have been ten, may have been.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you this, It wasn't No more than ten, right, I can't. I can confirm that it was no more than ten manues.
Speaker 1: Two things I want to tell her.
Speaker 7: Fact we sat down, he took a break at about probably the eight to ten min I'm going with a man, and I thought, I thought, okay, we're probably gonna really get after it here next. And Bubba looked at me and he goes, you know, I really hate you come out here for this. I think we need to call it a day. So you think done was warm up? And I and that's fine. Now that was hot. I will give him that. It was hot, hot, hot, humid, choky, it will choke you hot kind of thing.
Speaker 3: But I thought I thought there was more comping. I thought there was more coming.
Speaker 1: I really did. Right, that's a long way to go for it, man. A couple of things.
Speaker 7: Well, I had hit golf balls for about an hour prior to lunch, so I kind of got my you know, I got my feel.
Speaker 1: Justify the trip. I did, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: So I'd like a lunch with Boo and Bubba. That was fun.
Speaker 1: I've got them longer to set up the pickleball court than you play it.
Speaker 3: Did You're absolutely correct, correct, that is correct.
Speaker 7: That okay, which I felt bad for the guys that had set up for a five minute warm up.
Speaker 1: Sorry, guys, the apology really probably should have been to them, not to Hamsey, since you'd hit some golf balls.
Speaker 8: Yes, listen, listen, I think I think one of my favorite lives, Bubba. We'd hit about, I don't know, eight to ten of the pickleballs. He looked at me and he goes, I thought, this is supposed to be easier than ten. Yeah, from a from A from a breathing standpoint, because we were both huffing and puff and playing pickleball.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you get around the fact that our age, you're having to move around and hit anything back and forth.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know, there's there's some things that go against you. One, you're on a hard court to begin with, and that's that's bad because that the knees in the back will feel that the next day, no matter what. And it's amazing how much difference that is in the soft it is, especially when you get old. There's a lot of truth to that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The other thing, and I noticed about this immediately, the pickleball bounce is very flat. It doesn't bounce very high, so you have to bend over a whole lot more. And you have a short wooden paddle. You know, at least with a racket, I can just kind of, you know, stick it down there and I've got it covered to the ground with this. You got to get down there with it and.
Speaker 1: To pick and here's the here. You got to bend over and pick the ball up.
Speaker 3: That is the worst part you have to you know, to pick the ball up, you got to reach all the way down there and get it. With a tennis racket, I can flip it up with my foot. I never bend over.
Speaker 1: A couple of questions.
Speaker 3: It's a long way down there, well plus two area that a ball. Because you're playing sideways on the tennis court, there's a lot more room behind you in places the balls can roll off. They're not staying right there in that area, so they.
Speaker 1: Roll off and you've got to bend over. Pickle. I'm about to say why they just called pickleball because Pickle the dog would run go get the ball. I'm going to say this, and I will get.
Speaker 3: Our dog must have been off for lunch urch Pickle.
Speaker 1: Caution, caution, stupidity. I'm about to say something out of stupidity because I don't know anything about it. Okay, what I'm saying is just from my just from my ability to logically see this and know what it's like to try to move at our age. Is it possible that I might be, if I'm in the right situation, move less in a game of doubles than I would in a game of pickle. No, I don't think. Okay, all right, Okay, I didn't know which one moves more because.
Speaker 3: It's smaller, it's it's definitely less territory to cover. But I'll be honest with picking the ball up one of the biggest, like not it's a long way down there.
Speaker 1: So what you know, when you think about like burpies and things that make you tired picking the ball up, I usually don't see that in the category. If you do, I will come to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta hurt back, and you gotta you gotta bend over and hold a pillow. You know between that was different. I mean it was harder, but this is how I usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 3: You just grab it, oh yeah, just to pull it upside. I showed you there's one.
Speaker 1: Can you move back a little bit more bobb so TV can see keep going, keep going right there, right, there's good. Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean normally, you know, tennis ball, I would come up, I will pick it up and I like, yeah right, you know with this, I don't have that. You can't do that pickleball.
Speaker 1: That's not that.
Speaker 3: Y'all see that. Just see that move. And he had to do that a lot yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeh yeah, I heard. I heard his air cut off from here. I mean, just just cut off. I mean, you know what, no one, pure honesty, no one wants to have a kink in their holes over and over and over. You. Yeah, I didn't get.
Speaker 3: I know everybody, they don't think it's a big deal. But I've asked a couple of them to do sit up with a pillow in their It ain't as much fun.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. No, it's not on a beach ball. As a matter of fact, I know, I know. When we're trying to do better, you know what they do to make you sit ups harder, They make you hold something on your stomach. Play. Yeah, I didn't get my questions in, so I'm gonna do it. We come back. I got a few questions to ask uh, it's fifteen minutes past. More Ricking Bubba coming up, butter.
Speaker 2: For this Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba nine minutes to the time of the eye where the Rick and Bubba show.
Speaker 1: We're back eight six six, We be big as our number it Hello, golden ticket seats today Thomas and Christian Puckett, Thomas Christian right there on the front row. Samantha Payaz and where's rain Pays there's rain right there. Also here today Bobby Aldridge, Bobby the Rabbit. Bobby the Rabbit is here today. Also we got Bobby Webster or another Bobby, but this was an eye. This is a woman, Patricia Harrison here today. Sarah Field is here. Addie and Jennifer Jackson also here right there on the old front row. So they all take home a pound of buzzbox coffee. And from the twenty five years past a Rick and Bubba double CD. Now, Doctor Melandie Petro is here. A lot of you are asking because she's talking about when you think about these see these pictures with that aging app of how you may look when you get older. She's saying, there's certain things that you can do. Big ears and big noses, and all that, especially men, that's not a given. You can do simple things uh to to help with the aging process. Uh And if you'd like to find out more, use the the the code today to get twenty percent off. We be old instead of we be big. We be old uh at at Petro md dot com Petro md dot com. And so, doctor Petrow, are you sure you have speedy marked up and ready to go? And I want to be sure you have it right, because he did? You Have you got every area? Have you looked it over really good? And make sure you mark you marked them all?
Speaker 9: And I've got tiss here to hold him down?
Speaker 1: What do I do? Do I sit up? Do I lay back?
Speaker 9: I don't know what he just told me. He hoped that these ear fines made me deaf, and I said, yeah, so that can't hate.
Speaker 3: He thought you had a moon. He couldn't you could hear?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Are we are we sure he's marked up?
Speaker 9: So this is botoks and bowtops.
Speaker 3: Can be.
Speaker 9: I'm not doing a lot. I don't want him to be frizen. I want him to be well.
Speaker 3: Can the lines let it go?
Speaker 9: I'm wanting it, I'm wanting it to soften it so that over time. It's not so that he can't make a face because he's gonna make them.
Speaker 1: Now we've seen that.
Speaker 9: Grace For gods, it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Don't you want to look softer?
Speaker 1: I don't hear anything you're saying he wants.
Speaker 9: I mean, you don't want that, like because you're when one eye is lower, it makes an asymmetrical your.
Speaker 1: Eyes are your head looks a little bit more A little bit. So I hang out with all every day, and y'all have never said the word we use off kilter.
Speaker 9: They needed to point it out.
Speaker 1: I thought they used force its on you when you were born.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the docs are professional. Our opinion doesn't care near as much.
Speaker 1: Late she's she just let's go. I mean, I just don't know if he's marked up good enough.
Speaker 9: He's marked up pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, what am I doing?
Speaker 3: I can't say the lines.
Speaker 1: On TV? You can say, yeah, where the lines are going? You might want to call those lines in a little better. All right, Yeah it is, Well, how do you think how you think they do it?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 1: Look, he's laying all the way back. This is fantastic. Ryan Greenwood, you are welcome, all right, y'all, please if.
Speaker 3: Somehow Gregor wipping the lines off.
Speaker 1: Greg Greg, if so far she can, if so if somehow she can go too far? And he has that, and he has that little lucky surprised all the time. What am I doing? It'll make my day? I will send nothing. I wist send Ryan Green with a picture every day. Rick, alright, am I bad that? I hope you have some kind of larger reality. Well yeah, let's don't go that far. Okay, here we go, Greg, and I got her own show going over here? All right, okay, all right, so okay, it's our market all here.
Speaker 9: Yesterday I realized that it needs.
Speaker 1: To go up, and okay, you have.
Speaker 9: To get all.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I need to know where you're gonna hit me.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me?
Speaker 1: Can so I can be prepared around the line held the market.
Speaker 9: A little bit. And I'm going to try to make sure that you don't get those lines etched like a sharpie in your head forever, because it only looks.
Speaker 2: Good on talk.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, You sure you don't need to mark him up just to mark him one more time.
Speaker 9: I gotta make him still.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh boy, oh oh, here it goes. I can't look he's getting botox. How that feel that feel a little things? Hey, look at Hemsey's face. Hemsey's making a trouble face making all the best things stopping.
Speaker 3: Oh oh god, that one got.
Speaker 1: Shoot a couple of healthy nose.
Speaker 3: Do you get a tack of time out here?
Speaker 1: I got an ear logan please letter, you can do what you say? What do you? I love that view? Rick?
Speaker 10: Rick, Rick, everybody here.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 11: What you're gonna mention?
Speaker 3: How the meeting are you?
Speaker 1: It didn't hurt that bad. It's just a little beast. Next time you'll schedule them drugs at different times. Your head has got blood all over it. Okay, serious?
Speaker 3: Well, Rick wanted me.
Speaker 1: To mark breath. That's what you did to me.
Speaker 2: You look.
Speaker 1: Tell how much better he's gonna look?
Speaker 9: I mean you already look better because the marker distracts from the lines, you know, dry down. He has very pretty eyes. That is his feature. He's very pretty green eyes. He matches it to his shirt with his cameras in the morning, so we don't want his eyes to we'll lose your eyes.
Speaker 1: We really bring those eyes. Hey, don't hide your don't hide your eyes from the world.
Speaker 9: Just put the focus where it's supposed to be. But that's what you have.
Speaker 1: You really do. People get lost in your eyes.
Speaker 9: Thank you, We're lost in your eyes. Debbie Gibson, you don't have that. You have gunshots, but you don't have a Debbie Gibson button.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 3: I should have thought that we have a funny Davis the story.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a that's a that's an old story. I love her well the that moment.
Speaker 3: She was a fan of Speedy, Well that was really like you.
Speaker 1: Maybe she That was when Sweedy was still on the market and Debbie Gibson's mom didn't know what was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: You went out with Debbie Gibson, her mom, Her.
Speaker 1: Mom tried to fix her. Mom s.
Speaker 9: Well, it was all because of your eyes.
Speaker 1: Whatever happened, I think, I don't know. If we are not the podcast watering.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 9: They're not dry. But the point is to get his brows up a little bit, make this a little bit softer, let him still be able to make so we can tell when you're scared.
Speaker 1: Y'all got little show.
Speaker 9: Going on the top of your ears. You need to put sunscreen on the top of you you've been neglected that cancer.
Speaker 1: You remember he had those things that went on his glasses, that covered his ears.
Speaker 3: That's the remark here, just because Vic said, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that. I just said to be sure he's marked up properly. That's all I DoD.
Speaker 9: Just want to Mart.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be marauder. Hey, doctor Petro, thank you, great work to do. If you want to find out more, go to do Petro p E t R O M D dot com. Use the code we be old to get twenty percent off and you too can can fight the aging process.
Speaker 2: Ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 1: This is not what we call looking out for each other. That's all I'm gonna say this. And I know we're getting we got a lot going on. I look well, I want you to know that I am gracious about this. I'm marcultle bit and uh well you've heard all on the way in. I don't want you to over I don't want you to have a foreigner overload. I'm gonna have foreigner had Ricky's had a foreigner sigh. Combo, amazing combo.
Speaker 3: Listen, my playlist is diverse, my friend.
Speaker 1: All those two for the past week and a half. I almost didn't play that because I knew we'd lose him. But look, they're gonna get put in the all time.
Speaker 3: I forget how many great hits they had A lot, you know, I'll be right, and God forgot about it, of course, Bubba.
Speaker 1: They got a little poppy of then, like you know how I am about that. Yeah, it's just good music, Greg, A little poppy, A lot of keyboards. That was yesterday and all that. I didn't like that. You tell you what, I don't count that count.
Speaker 3: None of those count.
Speaker 1: I knew he'd like that. I don't mind, believe it or not. I want to know what love is. But I didn't stop right there. Back to what Bubba was saying. I don't like that was yesterday. And I don't like say will or say you whatever it is because I don't think they're good on they're not. There's something to do the style of it.
Speaker 3: So Greg, let's just I know I went different.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about you, yea, Yeah, that's that's all good.
Speaker 3: Why you see, I don't see the big the big change in that and say you will to me it's all evidently I look at it on the whole different level.
Speaker 1: But this is how I want to know. This is how much feel when people try to talk about space around you, Rick, I want to acknowledge, say you will say you won't know. That's the worst song. I think that may be the worst song for and ever did. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: A matter of fact, that was the last one I heard fo I got out.
Speaker 1: I mean honestly, when they pulled the saxophone out on Urgent kind of lost me. Now that's a good one. That's when they started losing it. It is, and they were a rock band, especially when you realize that's the same saxophone player that was a billy Joel. He's just a hard gun, plays with everybody, so you know his name. You're not even remember the band. Yeah, y'all runned a lot of things for me with your knowledge of musicians.
Speaker 3: Don't let them speedy. I'm holding to my I'm really not.
Speaker 1: I'm I probably am not as purist. I mean I'm not.
Speaker 3: Really you're not. You're not near the purest great.
Speaker 1: I have a style of music.
Speaker 3: I'm not near the peist you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I have a style of music that I just prefer, just like everybody has a style of music that are styles of music. Then you have those things that leave your style of music. That's just a good song. But my thing against that was yesterday. It's just not a good song. Yeah, I mean it just didn't there's nothing to it, didn't have any rick.
Speaker 3: It's got deep vocals, deep thoughts, powerful vocals.
Speaker 1: Well, then maybe it'd be a good point. There's a long way from hot blooded to say you will say you on. Oh my gosh, that is a journey right down and it is going downhill. Boy. Uh So here's the situation, Greg, And I'm just asking you as my brother and to look after me more. And we try to give each other a heads up. So I was at home last night. Now I did make a I did make a sun mistake. I did. And this is a mistake married sons make. I try to sometimes count a long conversation with my mother and wife as me checking in, and that's a mistake. You don't do that, Okay, Just give young husband something. If your wife is on the phone with your mother getting all the information and updates and then passes them along to you, no true mother, especially you know a mother that counts that as their son getting in contact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Starting to come back now, Greg, thinking yeah I would, I'd like for it came back to you about two three days ago. But anyways, so so I said to myself, and there's a there's a line in here that Greg, I mean, you just have to say just whatever the punishment is, because I am guilty Rick of breaking a brother cold. So you got to help each other out, okay. So and there's no excuse because, uh, you know, our mothers, if they're here, still here with you on earth, they're to be held in high regard, in a place of respect, and you need to check in with your mom and you need to look after him. So uh and and I try to do good job on that I do, but but I'm I'm I'm imperfect, and I doubt I had let time too much time go as far as my mom was concerned that I had not checked in. But here's where it all went downhill when I called her last night because I was trying to get organized with what we're going to be doing this fall. And sometimes they like to go see the boys at college and go to a ball game, and I was trying to farey football games. We're going to go to what I need tickets for and another great honored Dad is going to be honored at an Auburn game this year for going into the Hall of Fame. He and Tommy ag So that'll be great. That'll be handles for us. But anyway, so I'm trying to I realized I need to call mom and let's kind of get our fall together. Well. I was just telling Greg now that that's the most damning statement, right. I was just telling Greg that I guess your dad and I have gotten so old that Rick doesn't anything to do with this, because you know, he didn't like old people. Yeah, she did say. I thought she was just huh, Rick, I took it. She goes, I've come to concludeon you know, he's not crazy about pets, and you know there's a certain thing you know about old people and.
Speaker 3: And certain foreigner something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and and all this, and and I said, Mom, I told her, as long she didn't eat around she was good. And she started asking what food should I not eat around you? And I said, Mom, I said.
Speaker 3: So is this the first time she's heard your speech on that.
Speaker 1: She's heard it on the show? And no, no, but this is the line. As I was telling Greg the other day, I haven't heard from Rick, and I guess we've gotten so old that he that he doesn't wan anything to do with us. Well, that's so ridiculous. Come to me, that's so ridiculous. I didn't even but what I'm talking about. Why don't you come to me and say, hey, just heads up? Mom's mom's needing hero. Yeah, I know, I know, I got that. You know what I didn't need. She was laughing, Greg, I don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to come to the conclusion that you didn't tell me about you didn't you forgot about it because I didn't get a heads up. But I understand she was kind of laughing it up. So I didn't take it serious that I misinterpreted. Yes, you did it, But I was just telling Greg, well, I was gonna wait you out and saying on you way, and then N felt bad form, right, And of course you know, and she and it may be true, by the way, and some of y'all are gonna hear from Greg, and if it's true, and you know, she thinks that anytime people do work there, that they're taking advantage of them because this one. This one we decepted. Thank yeah, yeah we need to come down. Yeah, we need to come to them. But anyway, and I think they're sad that there is some of that that people try to try to take senior citizens and take them for a ride, you know, overcharge. I believe I got them on this. Yeah, don't do things, you know. Hey, hey, your warranty covered it. But look how much I charge. Of course, let me throw it back. Let me throw it back for just a second. Like that situation, I said, mother one one you call because you know, I mean, it helps to get some else opinion. Not that I know everything, but I know people who do. Well, I don't want to bother you. How you're gonna bother me? Well, you know what I'm saying. She in that situation, Well, I know y'all are busy. I was telling I was telling Greg that I haven't heard from you in three weeks. She did, Oh, she had it down. I want to say, how long? See, but here's what how about this? I think she said crag on that. But but here's the thing that got me, and this is my mistake. I take full responsibility and I apologize to the get Away from yourself. No, I said, I said that, but I said, I made a mistake. Of course, it's probably in Cherry after Hey thinks I said, didn't you and Cherry just talk like for about an hour and a half last few.
Speaker 3: Days doesn't count, I said, I said.
Speaker 1: Well, I was. I was in the house. I heard y'all talking. I said, try to country, I try to count to. Cherry told me everything that you Well, I just hadn't heard from you, and I know we're getting older. And when I heard the phrase I was telling Greg, I said that you gotta come tell me about that. You can't leave me out there like that. I'll be honest, It just my I call up thinking I'm ready to get business done, and all of a sudden, I'm hit with us. Well, I wonder where you went. Well, hey, strangers, I told Greg the other day, and we're probably getting too old. Head Come on, Greg, do you want to apologize. I'm sorry for that. I should have give you a head. You're what you guys want you to give me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I need to do a better job and not be in that situation. But if I'm in that situation, let me know I should I should have gone. Don't let me get by inside it. I got distracted.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back to ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are calling Bank nine with this guy. Uh. It is definitely a wacky world story. Uh and uh and we got Billy Tatum here and yeah back, we got a package from W. S A z Uh. You're gonna love this call enjoy.
Speaker 7: After years, a community in Huntington got its wish of having a city crew cut down an old and potentially dangerous tree.
Speaker 12: But for one college student, that tree came down with quite a cost. Now she might need to hitch a ride to class. Channel three's Andrew Colgrove is at the site where the tree came down and joins us now with a look.
Speaker 5: The man says he was on his poorch Monday morning watching a crew from the City of Huntington cut down an old tree next to Central City Elementary School. He says neighbors have been making her quest for years, trying to get the tree brought down. He says just a few weeks ago, during a storm, a limb was blown off that tree onto the windshield of a neighbor's parked truck. The witness says he watched in disbelief Monday as the tree was cut down and landed right onto a parked vehicle totaling it.
Speaker 1: We're told that car belongs to a Marshall student.
Speaker 5: You can imagine how upset she had to be when she came outside and saw her car looking like this. There's a little of what that witness had to say.
Speaker 6: It sounded like a bear cane getting flatten. It just was crunch it. I hate to say it. It was kind of cool, you know, I mean, what guy, what you know?
Speaker 1: Does it like you know destruction?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, that's why we go to demolition Derby's. But hey, you know, bottom line, that's that poor girl's new car and she can't get to school now.
Speaker 3: Could not could not have wished.
Speaker 1: If you think that's the first time, last time, I'm gonna hear that, uh sew it up again. I mean, that's got to be back now, I does. That's got every bit of it. He's wide eyed and ready to go. He ain't get this cooln't get this school. I mean, it was not kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Let's say it one more time.
Speaker 6: Crush flat and it just was crunch it. I hate to say it. It was kind of cool, you know, I mean, what guy, what you know doesn't like you know, destruction? Yeah you know, that's why we go to demolition Derby's. But hey, you know, bottom line that's that poor girl's new car and she can't get this school.
Speaker 8: Now, get this school, now, get this school now?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I need that first line to it. But it will sounds like a beer can? Why do you think?
Speaker 6: It sounded like a beer can getting flat? And it just was crunch. I hate to say it. It was kind of cool, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, guy, what you know?
Speaker 6: Does it like you know destruction? Yeah, you know that's why we go to demolition Derby's. But hey, you know, bottom line that's that poor girl's new car and she can't get this school.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about the idiots that tried to cut through to come on goodness. First of all, why are you moving all the cars on the road? Why did you get everybody out?
Speaker 3: Do I feel like maybe these are city workers not professional tree guys? Is that what I mean? Go ahead, and I mean, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: I think we can barely miss that car. Well, I've heard these tree guys who are amazing. I do not think this better know what you do. I don't. I don't think this brew knew how to make it lay where they wanted delay, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, there's more to it than just putting a notch on one side.
Speaker 1: I used to have to deal with this a lot because they would tear power lines down and some of the things people try to do and it don't work out cutting trees. Oh I'm gonna do it myself. It's better to call in the pros.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I seen trailer just gets centered one time. Really, yeah, right through the middle of it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Well that tree did a lot of damage car looks. I mean almost cut it like a beer can. Yeah, glad you wasn't sitting in it. Well, I didn't know looking at it. You've been in the back seat that gets you out on the can open.
Speaker 1: When I looked at it, I was like, is that a smart car? Did the tree make it.
Speaker 3: A smart I know, I thought the same thing. I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: It might. It might have been bigger than it looked because took it wasn't really big to start with.
Speaker 3: But it's it's tiny.
Speaker 1: Now, boy, there it is. That's a bank nine, right, there. My friend is really thank you all. So all those were big week, big weekend emails that we got all weekend long and social media and all that. Top of the hour. We'll be back our numbers eight six six we be big. Our website Rickingbubba spelled out the word end dot com go there for all the information about the Rick and Bubba show, check upcoming events, things that are coming to your town, and don't forget today is a charity charge Monday.
Speaker 2: We'll be back ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: Eight six six, we be big.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Jacob. Jacob, Welcome to Rick and Bobble thirty seconds go ahead, Hey, monkey anger, I appreciate your calling, buddy. I just on that guy that was running for president Budha Budha or.
Speaker 5: From Indiel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it, yep, yep, uh as bad as like these third world countries already. Oh boy, yeah.
Speaker 3: There playing with danger.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly where it's going to. Anonymous out of Birmingham, Anonymous, go ahead, morning guys.
Speaker 10: Uh, this was noticing.
Speaker 1: Uh, bubble Bubba, bubble Bubba.
Speaker 3: I got just like I did, just like you, Yeah, just like I did with the Double Mountain pharmacy. If you guys listened to it above it, you say fulfilled instead of yeah we left it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we we We fought that, believe it or not. We tried.
Speaker 3: We eventually just had to give up.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you that was about of the word.
Speaker 3: We didn't mess up with Bubba Boom boom.
Speaker 1: We actually tried. We tried to how many times? Finally we said just forget it.
Speaker 3: Just we worked on a thirty minutes, just went with it's gonna have to be that.
Speaker 1: We just what it is. We try to get Bubba to do full field I think eight I think eight times and he would do it until it was till it was time to read it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, normal time.
Speaker 1: Andre, But you're listening to the Rick Bugget show, sir, see.
Speaker 3: What you sounded like?
Speaker 1: Fairfield? I don't know what it is. And it happens with with with both of us. If there's a word that we can't say, well and it's in a commercial, boy, we can say it for you out outside of the commercial practice. There's something about that rhythm when we go to read it in the commercial and talk about it. Something about that rhythm we revert back to our natural state.
Speaker 3: Everybody but I.
Speaker 1: Think that's really what they want in an endorsement. Do they just want us to be with us?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: You know that's just what.
Speaker 3: If you wanted a professional announcer, you should just ask for one.
Speaker 1: Got you one? You said, you said you have access to it.
Speaker 3: You said you wanted to actually play extra for that.
Speaker 1: Sir, you have stroked the check to have Rick and Bubba say it, and by god, that's how they said. How about this? Do you know what he means? Yeah? Do you know what he means? As long as he's not using a word that doesn't have the right meaning, a mispronunciation. That we've done that too. I hope you feel, but I hope to fulfill God's will in my life.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Where did that all come from?
Speaker 3: That's what you do.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a register around here too, which one is how do we register? You say register? Register?
Speaker 3: You d you throw it region there?
Speaker 1: Just drop a D in register and you can say it now, but in copy you can all right, let me ask you this on our show. Do we have anybody that can say, because this might be one that nobody can say, is there is a member of the show that can say, I can't even say.
Speaker 13: It vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulture, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, And.
Speaker 3: That's a horrible I can hung up.
Speaker 1: That might be quiet again, it's like vulture vulture, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable, vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Vulture.
Speaker 1: That makes it worse. I like curriculum is vulnerable, and anybody say vulnerability.
Speaker 3: Vulnerability, vulnerabil vulnerability of multiple I know I can't know whatever architectural review. If I say, the name of the book of the Bible starts D E T Diteronomy. Now try deuteronomyernomy.
Speaker 1: I struggle with Ecclesiastes. That's a tough one. Ecclesiastes, that's a tough What about the car leader of the team, Bubba Toyota Toyota, that was your best Toyota ever?
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: I was at the farm Saturday, and I was having just a banner day. And keep in mind that I had put my farm keys in the thigh pocket and shut the button so they wouldn't fall out in the card. It wouldn't fall out. If I was piddling, it wouldn't fall off. I set up against a tree, wouldn't fall out on fishing, you know, because hey, I want to be sure I don't lose my farm keys, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you don't want to lose that. I mean then you can't get around anywhere.
Speaker 1: Right. So so anyway, so the day goes on and Gary's gonna call later and he'll tell you what it was like. We did do an afternoon turkey hunt and you know all that, so we'll we'll discuss that later. But so you know, keep in mind too, this is getting, you know, close to springtime, so already you know, there's more daylight than there used to be, so the days are longer, and so you know, you can get get the peddling around and look down and you can't believe that it's seven o'clock. But you can't even believe it. And so I've just had a great day because I literally ended the turkey hunt because Gary, how you all you can think about is fishing. Let's just quit. But why is catching fish? You know? And and I stopped catching fish and then I went and sat up against a tree and had to be quite, couldn't move, and I was enjoying fishing more than that. That's how you want to do that. I'm gonna take you back and fish. So I went back and I'm fishing. Well, I'm just fishing, and there's some great shots that drew by Doob Doo Has. I mean, you can literally see the sun setting and I'm catching fish and holding them up. Well, you can see the sun and I'm just having it. Look at that. I'm just having Yeah, I'm just having a banner day. And Sherry sorry said hey, I've already handled eating. You know, just whatever you want to eat, eat on your own. Just come on back whenever you want to. I'm I'm still doing stuff in the house and doing this, doing that, so you know what she was doing. So so I said, well that's it. Time to wrap up. Now it's getting dark. Now, okay, time put stuff up. So I go and I put everything up, and I start heading up to camp house and I'm not, man, what do I do with my keys?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I think then I'm on the.
Speaker 3: Rest where you need a fishing buddy to go? Hey, yeah, I don't know where you put that?
Speaker 1: Well in bragnant about your pocket and again, in a goofy moment, I think to myself, this is how bad it is. Guys, I don't think I brought them with me. I think, oh you went that blank. Yeah, I think I even left. I think I left camp house open and I just got the stuff because I can see camp past even No, I said, I don't think I have them, So so so I go up to the door and then there's that terrible moment where the doors. The door's locked, and now.
Speaker 3: You don't know now if they're inside or you lost Well.
Speaker 1: I knew they weren't inside because it's impossible locked the door with the cap, so that part out. So now real panic set's meaning, oh no, they're out here somewhere, and daring all that. It never crossed your mind, you Greg, You're gonna love this. So I look inside and I can see the little desk there with the light on. I saw a my stuff laying out there that I needed for this week, you know. So I can't leave. And I do have my truck key, so I can leave, but I'm leaving stuff. There's stuff in there I need. I'm standing in Camo. My closer in there, okay, and uh and that's minor, but still the other stuff's not mine. I mean, I'm gonna have to go back if I don't get it. So this is how far I went. Okay, so I ended up remembering something that was helpful, I'll just put it that way. But it was only good enough to get me back in the gate. Okay, Well I didn't have to I didn't have to climb in. Yeah, I still don't have a backup key to the to the camp house. So I so I get in and I frantically I'm looking in the vehicle I was in. Nothing. I'm looking on the tables where I set up all the fishing rods. Nothing. Guys, y'all, you won't believe how far I went. Got in my truck and drove all the way back to where I was turkey hunting and shining the lights into the woods, and found a tree I was leaned up against and I'm scrambling around into pine strang looking for my keys. You're into this for a long time, this, and all of a sudden my leg goes up against the tree and I feel the keys pressing against my leg, and I'm like, God the Mighty, I remember that now. None of that, None of it I get. Initially, guys, I had no recollection some point, no recollection of putting those None. Wow, did you talk to yourself out loud?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, any anything. It was the fact that you drove all the way back after where you were turkey hunting. Yeah, yeah, I found the tree. Greg found a tree. You know I found a tree because I go back. You can't remember nothing. I left my cushion there. Yeah, I bet my keys are on. I thought, oh good that. I thought I was sharp. Look at me, I've gone back and found a tree. I was gonna be laying right there by that cushion because I leaning meat that tree and I couldn't get comfortable. Good thing I left my cushion. Good thing, I left my cushion. I know exactly the tree I was on. And then panic hits and I'm like, where are my keys? And I turned around when I did my thigh hit that tree and I felt I felt push up me and I said, I tell you there are where I put them so I wouldn't losing my little side.
Speaker 3: But I couldn't remember it.
Speaker 1: And Greg, I got on myself so hard. The Scotty van Pelt would have got bad text about it. I got so mad at myself. I said, you you are an absolute idiot.
Speaker 3: You idiot.
Speaker 1: You should already you were wrong by I mean you found the key. Yeah, yeah, well now let's let's do let's do talk about that for a minute. Is there anything quite like elation of finding something you thought you because I lose a lot of things. Because because I'm the kind of yet me, I lose a lot of things. So I immediately go into the what this loss means, you know, I mean, how you replace Sherry's got some of her keys. She's gonna get mad that I got to get her keys and get copies made. You know, I go into the mode of what it really means. I thought about me riding home and Camo. I thought about, I've got to come back now and get all the stuff for Wednesday, because I left it all in there on the desk. I got to come you know all. I mean, I go that far because I've lost stuff so many times. I know that you have to run the list of what this loss means.
Speaker 3: Well, see, I try to use I try to be a slave to the routine, and that way I'll know where the keys are because I don't have to think about it. I always lay them in the same place at night, and all that when I hunt. I know I have a place in my backpack, but see, turkey hunting is different. I don't care that backpack. So I've been in the same boat. What I do in my keys, Well, what I've got to do, Bubby, you got to carry your wallet, Well, you'd have your hunting license to them.
Speaker 1: Goes back to this again, here's what has to happen, and you just hit on it. And this is what this is. Sadly where we are said, and Bubba's got a real sad situation where we are. But I'm gonna have to Now when I go to the farm, I'm gonna have to put the farm keys in the same place every single time.
Speaker 3: Every time you have to have a hook in a certain place, you have to have a pocket.
Speaker 1: So that leg pocket thing just just left your mind, it came back. Didn't remember it at all. Great, think about this. I thought I had become sharp and responsible by putting them in a pocket they couldn't fall out of You did that? Hey, I got a great idea. Tell you what I'm gonna do. That's what they style pockets are for. Once I shut that button, ain't no way it's gonna get it. And so I don't have to work us a lot of time yourself, especially when you you, especially when you're shaped like we are. If you put stuff in your front pockets, you could just be sitting in a vehicle and they fall out. I mean you. You certainly can't be out in the woods sitting there against trees, and all that was stuff just in these front pocket And so I thought about all that, yeah, and said, do I tell you what I'm gonna do to be sure I don't lose them? But but then probably proud well, and then Gary said, I start thinking I could have something. But what I said was no. I tried to implement a plan that would give me my best shot at having something. But I couldn't remember that I did something in order to have something. You made a responsible move. You just forgot you did? I forgot my responsible move?
Speaker 3: There it is so it was, and that guy normally goes back to early on set.
Speaker 1: It is I normally when I, because I do lose a lot of things, I always give the old pocket run. You know I did that, but I never went down to these pockets. How many times you think out great, because you know what that is. That's the great George Carlin, I went back to the force.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: But hey, guys, y'all don't understand how my not changed when that door was locked the campus because I was in full blown mode. Hey, I didn't want a fool with those keys, so I left them in camp house because odd just somebody getting in my house and this short period time is pretty low. I'll chance that not to lose my keys. And when I got there, that door shut, and the only way it could be shut as that I locked it and then kept the keys with me. And then you turned around and looked at that pasture and said, and then my mind started going where is it? And for some stupid reason, and this is something George Carlon covered too, I went to places there's no way they could. Yeah. Why am I looking the glove compartment of the truck. Yeah yeah, I never got in the truck, on the truck keeping around. Yeah, But as I've told my boys, when they lose something, don't assume anything, no check everywhere. So I lost it. The place, well, the places I was convinced gregs can Greg. The place I was convinced that I was convinced was that it was in the vehicle that I was driving around. Uh huh, that poor vehicle. You looked you. I took everything out of every crevice in that vehicle so many times.
Speaker 3: Like you would have put them behind the back seat, right, But I look, I look behind the back seat every time my truck for something.
Speaker 1: But one time I looked to see if it was if it somehow was under the machete. That's like that. I don't know how that hapenybody could have got.
Speaker 3: You talk.
Speaker 1: I don't have them.
Speaker 3: You go from the logical places to the illogical places, but you just didn't search all the lorg.
Speaker 1: Guys. This is not just a simple misplace. This is I couldn't remember what I did to be sure I didn't if you were walking around with it the entire time. Yeah, if the keys call the journey, the keys were riding shotgun right, I'm going up.
Speaker 3: Through the past middle of the night, grasshopper, you have the insect.
Speaker 1: At least you got your cushion, Greg, Greg, Greg, I'm crawling around back in the woods in the dark, your keys, Rick.
Speaker 3: But I mean you're.
Speaker 1: Hey, Greg, I got on myself. You know, Hey, guys, let me tell you what that was. On the ride home. Usually when when I ride home, I go to the music, especially if I am, especially if I had a big day. Let me tell you what we did for about fifteen miles, just complete solid thinking that happened? You know what?
Speaker 3: You know what you start thinking, then you start thinking what else if I forgot?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, is there something?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 3: I peak? Somebody up?
Speaker 2: Tell what?
Speaker 3: I stand in a corner by themself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what a kid? You know, I did to test myself as I went through my mind on how to get home. Oh yeah, you know how to get home? Now? So I do myself? Can you even get you know what actually to take? You idiot?
Speaker 3: You know what town you live in?
Speaker 2: Who am I ricking? Bubba? Ricking Bubba?
Speaker 1: All right? So we we now finally, Bubba, finally there's two things that will stop bubb on the pontoon a lack of fuel and lack of food. And so so now we were excited because look, French love food.
Speaker 3: I did have it strategically planned, so we would go to eat at five.
Speaker 1: Ye, we would beat the crowd.
Speaker 3: And stay on my nursing home schedule.
Speaker 1: It was perfect. Like I said, Like Bubba and I say, we live the life of senior citizens. We're on their schedule. We eat when they eat, we sleep when they sleep, We go to see entertainment when they do.
Speaker 3: Uh we there, it'll make the eventual transition easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we won't even know the difference. So y'all were able to float up on the boat the restaurant. Hey, look, if you beat the lake and you're gonna eat at the lake, you're gonna park the boat, not a car, right, You're gonna park park the boat. That's part of it. Yeah, so you know we win, don't you. Oh no, the famous restaurant at Lake Martin.
Speaker 3: Lijah Lood Indians standing.
Speaker 11: By the door.
Speaker 2: Bringing it up.
Speaker 1: I'm talking in to put that on with that's I'm talking into so she could neither. Yes, you need to see that. Parents, it probably hasn't They toldly, don't understand what's happened? My son.
Speaker 3: Like you, so listen to that chorus came so red. He looked like, well, gred there you know you know what that looks like Adam Goldberg went to eat at Collaga. Yeah, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: And I think I want to say another thing to and this happened just I think you thought you could put that headdress on. You remember what we were told about the head dress. I don't think we're supposed to put it onst a head drink and feathers are hanging in there. That that. Yeah, I'm not sure because remember when the woman came over, look at frenchies and then look at someone's People can square footage? People keep, people keep.
Speaker 3: It's like a guard shack versus a deal.
Speaker 1: It's funny. People keep calling and email saying it looks like Skipper and Gilly Buddy with Skipper. Guys, I gotta go to the head dress again. Was it on the wall to I went with what you said. I went with what you said.
Speaker 3: I've used it before.
Speaker 1: A person uncomfortably very kind walks over because the person's glad we're there. You ever had to tell somebody something, But you don't want to go come down too hard because you don't want you don't want to come across you know. Hey, I like you, and I kind of I kind of hate the fact that you've You're doing something that I don't think you're supposed to be doing. And I'm not sure how to address I don't want to call you right, that's it And so she goes, well, let me tell you about that head dress. Y'all keep putting on.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 3: Stacey the manager, Now where were we Indians?
Speaker 1: Don't have it? I tell you where we were? Show? So we get to tell in frenchy where was going? And so we're playing We're we're on the boat, and I said, now look for.
Speaker 3: We're trying to explain the name. And you know what is this?
Speaker 1: What is this Caldela? It's not Caldula, it's Callijah. Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: Well we started out with it's a song.
Speaker 1: Used playing a wooden Indian into a French person. Yeah, I said, it's a famous Indian. I left it, not even gonna deal with the wooden because I said, wouldn't what.
Speaker 3: What you know?
Speaker 1: And you know, Suar, because hang on to that because if you can, if you can somehow edit that, because that's what we great.
Speaker 3: Listen, but we've changed it.
Speaker 1: This is right. If you're Alley Jerald Kate would have put me on his all star tail. We started so, so we started telling Frenchie that they want to serve you unless you go colle.
Speaker 3: You can't even when you when they bring the plates, you have to do that or they won't let you have it.
Speaker 1: And he goes, what no, And I said, oh, yes, you have to. I said you have to sing Callijah. I said, start down, Greg, just staring and he looked at and hego, Greg.
Speaker 3: I modified mine to roll it into a braves.
Speaker 1: I'd say, look and I kept saying that's what you have to do. No, No, I said, yes, you have to, you have to. And then great, why they brought his food and I said, here we go. He said, he said.
Speaker 3: Over Yet the lady bringing the food called on to what we were doing and she'd hold it back like she wasn't what he said?
Speaker 1: What he said?
Speaker 2: What he said?
Speaker 1: And I said, this is what you gotta say. Listen, I said, you guys said that. I said, you're starting too high. You gotta start loan and working and you gotta climb. That's it. I said, come down with the cuon. I wish you would have feed it. Kendy Gregg it was and well, we were too focused on eating and you Next time, I saym I won't get him a safe Oh yeah, can I tell you this boy? He took the hush puppies. Hey, guys, I gotta go back to something I know we're flying through this sure back to the head dress. I know. So here's all about Bubba and restaurants. I know you remember you ate the lobster and it was the restaurant's pet. Exact that it again, I mean, where was this head dress? And how did you meet your head the wooden end.
Speaker 3: It was sitting, It was sitting on something behind a.
Speaker 1: Display like a display. He reached behind him, it reached in a show box and got it clearly displayed. It was clearly displayed. Goes, hey, put the head dress up, and if she walks oervice, she goes, would you like to tell you about this head just taking it from us? This is this is an authentic head dress actually from she starts explaying the Indians. You wear it. It's been in tribal dance. And keep in mind she's taking it from us at the time. As if let me put that y'all have no block on display before y'all start putting it on your head and start putting on some french man's head, I said, I said, but he hadn't said clodging yet.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of times that we've gone in that they that they've had a big crowd there, and you know, so it's gonna be a little while before you can be seated. And you know, after about ten minutes, I start trying to entertain myself. So I have gone and gotten that before, put it on and go stand at the door and welcome everybody like I'm you.
Speaker 1: Do know that they're behind his back and going I was, here comes Bubba's I like Bubba, but he's going to ruin it. I was already kind, but so you had already stretched it out. You have to understand, I've traveled the world with my wife, who's a rule breaker. So Bubba must, they must. I wouldn't take Sherry and Bubba anywhere ever, because my wife would have been, hey, y'all put this on.
Speaker 3: This got a picture.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're supposed to be touching this mess. Just under the sign says do not touch display. Great. Great, well, hey, let me let me tell you about this head dress that y'all keep. Yeah right, if y'all put it on another person, I'm gonna lose.
Speaker 3: To put it on, you got to hang it higher, so it is easy.
Speaker 1: Got that feather, It is easy to get good. There was no sign that said put this on for pictures. Yeah, it's like it's a prop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love he used it several times.
Speaker 1: I knew, Buba, that's not an he has it. I could Bubba anywhere that he went right to it. I got the question. But I will tell you produced the two pictures that I can't look at enough. I looked at the picture of Bubba and Frenchy in his head dress whenever I fell a little down. Bubba, let me ask you this, as many times as you've been as anyone you've ever seen anybody else pick it up and put it on. And that's a great question.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I can't say yes.
Speaker 1: Except for Rick and French. Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you walk in and I got the head.
Speaker 1: Greg, we're walking. We're walking away till they're done with We're walking down. We're walking down the pier. I said, are you ready? I ain't. I had to see you go a little mash. You never you never backed up? Oh no, God, would you? Would you have back to your right? Daryld would be so somewhere He's like that exactly what it is. Yeah, that's where I got it from hanging around that idiot. But he did do he did sing it.
Speaker 3: He did good last count. We had eight hush buppies and I think we missed one or two.
Speaker 1: You know what. He thought they were just balls of corn bread and they kind of are. He eats for a little guy. He came, oh man cleaning it on. Yeah, he had. He had eight hush puppy, Swordfish, squash cream corn and black eyed Peace.
Speaker 3: You forgot to have talking, oh, Stacey, thanks for putting up with usk Bubba.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, And this is Rick and Bubba's Greatest tits flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's Greatest Tips, Rickin' Bubba, Ricking Bubba