Speaker 1: The volume. Can you believe We're this deep into the NFL season? We got to make every second count. With DraftKings Sports Book, you can make the most out of every game day. Bet on your favorite teams for a shot at winning big bucks. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting five on any matchup. Get in on the action with Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the app now use code Shannon. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five books on the NFL. Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with code Shannon. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why to four six seven three six nine. In West Virginia, visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. Please play responsibly. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in resort in Kansas must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com slash sportsbook for details and statespecific responsible gambling resources, eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash Basketball terms.
Speaker 1: Hello, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Night Chap. Make sure you click that like button, make sure you hit that subscribe button. I'm your favorite sports uncle, Johnny Sharp, He's your favorite Number eighty five Bengal ringfield famer.
Speaker 3: Legend Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 1: Thank you for helping us get to three hundred and eighty thousand subscribers, well on our way to four hundred uh and a very cop in the very.
Speaker 3: Days coming. So thank you again.
Speaker 1: Congrasts to the forty winners, and thank you to the thirty four people that responded to our DMS and to the six that never responded. Your free money went to the next six people in line. So sorry. Remember Ocho said listen, I said listen, listen, not to respond to understand, and you didn't do it so your five hundred went to someone else. Please remember thank you for joining us for Nightcap. Make sure you click the scribe button and make sure you get notified every time Nightcap is on because we will be popping up sometimes unannounced. We're also penned the shape by Laportie pin link at the top of the page. Holidays are right around the corner, so make sure you go out to get some for yourself or loved ones.
Speaker 3: Oh chall, let's get it right into it.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys beat the Seahawks forty five thirty one dok Prescott twenty ninety one two ninety nine three down, Geno Smith twenty three or forty one three thirty four three touchdown, won an exception uh third straight Okay, the Seahawks had three straight forward downs that doomed them. Millfield selling otherwise outstanding offensive performance. Michael went unblocked on fourth and two. I don't know what what offensive play you called and said, you know what, We're gonna turn their best off of the best defensive player, let him go. Were gonna let him run undobated to our quarterback.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about they did a great job blocking them.
Speaker 5: The entire goddamn game except the last play when it really mattered and you.
Speaker 1: Turned the Scott free turned Scott free. So what what was some of your takeaway?
Speaker 4: Go Joe, listen my takeaway.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I'm not sure who slated this game before the season started, but this was the best Thursday Night game by far by none, one of the best games actually all god damn season. The offense that this is one of the games where you to always talked about when you don't get pick pick sixes and turnovers from your defense, will Dak be able to win and carry that offense. That is exactly what he did tonight. Ceedee lamb on third down, super duper clutch. Yeah, he had one drop on that fourth and two, he said, my bad. But other than that, Dak showed why his name should be in the MVP conversation and why he is one of the best. You don't like me using the word elite, but his play the past few weeks, it's just that it's benning lead. Especially tonight tonight, is when you need a Dak to show. Listen, my defense is not playing that well, Gino. When that offense is marched down, marching down the field. DK Metcalf was going crazy. Boy, he was going crazy.
Speaker 3: And that tonight, Ojoe, he put season and on Bland.
Speaker 5: Listen, they put a little season. But he took a bite out of you. He took a bite up especially Tyler Locker ran that lazy ass out route and Bland once again picked it right off.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Yeah, tell me what, tell me what's the only route you're gonna run from that split?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Start leaning with it from the Oh he would lean it.
Speaker 5: He would lean the heavy Hey, he would lean he he would lean it like fat Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the Cowboys what I saw tonight, oh Joe. The way I measure a team. If you're good offensive is you're good defensively? Can you get done what you need to get done when you have to? When Dak needed a touchdown to take the lead, what do they do? They win and got it?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: The defense? Okay, you say you like that. Can you get a stop? Not only can we get one, we're gonna stoping three times in a row on fourth down at midfield. That's the mark of a team. And like you said, defensively, you're not gonna always have it. So okay, offense, our defense don't got tonight. They're not gonna get a five turnover, They're not gonna sack Geno six or seven ntens. So when we get our opportunities, we're gonna have to cash. And that's what they did tonight. That's the mark of a good football team, a really really good foot body, because can I go get done what I need to get done when I absolutely have to have it. And the offense touchdown, field goal, field goal defense, stop stop stop.
Speaker 4: So that was I was very impressed with what I saw last night.
Speaker 1: And considering we just saw the forty nine ers beat the breaks, they saw beat the breaks off the Seahawks. Yeah, and so I would expecting the Cowboys to pretty much do the same thing because you and I both know how hard it is for the division opponent, no matter how sorry the division opponent is, no matter how good you are, it's just something about playing a division opponent that know you, know your tendencies, know what you like to do, and so it makes it a lot tougher. But give the Seahawks credit, they came in nice to get glad. You did a great job. Probably should have won the game because on one of those drives, the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: They got five penaly they kept the drive alive.
Speaker 1: With penalty after penalty. I think they have five penalty twenty three for twenty two yards. But give the Cowboys credit, Oh Joe, they played well.
Speaker 3: They did what.
Speaker 1: They needed to do. Again, o Jo, they were four to eight in the red zone. Now you play the forty nine Ers, you're gonna get beat. You go four eight in the red zone. The Eagles, you're gonna get beat. You go for eight in the red zone. But they played well. I like what I saw from the Cowboys tonight. Give them credit. Now they got ten days off to get ready. I think they got the Eagles coming up in ten days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, if I'm not the Eagles. So what do you think about Dak being in an MVP conversation?
Speaker 1: He should Yeah, twenty three so I think he had twenty three touchdown six yeah, and six interceptions, so now you have twenty six and six. Yeah, he'll be in the MVP discussion and rightfully and rightfully, so yeah, absolutely, I think Lamar Jackson is gonna be in the MVP discussion. I think Jalen Hurst will being the MVP discussion, Christian Diccaprio being the MVP discussion.
Speaker 4: Shroudj gotta put his name in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't know if he's gonna have enough wins Oho to really kind of garner because the stants are gonna say yes. I mean, he's second in the league in passing yards, so his stants are gonna say yes. I just don't know if he's gonna have the win total that would warrant the real God Jym, now you know they mess right and window who knows they win the AFC South, which you're gonna probably take ten eleven wins. Who knows all best could be off. I think Todd will end up being in that discussion. But here's the thing, Oh Joe, you know what happened. The wide receiver has two thousand yards. The quarterback gotta have at least forty five to five thousand yards yards. Yeah, so he they gonna be shipping each other, they chopping each other boat. So but yeah, that definitely that that definitely should be in the NBP discussion considering the way he's played, especially in the last month and a half two months of the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, playing real good football. And you know, on the on the flip side, Gino played a hell of a game. DK Metcalf played a head of a game. I want to see even though they lost, even though they lost, and I know DK gonna see this. I need you to take over games like that weekend and week out, weekend and week out. I need you to do exactly what you did. And now I don't care who you plan. You have to impose your will and everybody you play. If it's off of the coordinator, if you got to talk to Genia, if they got to move you around a little bit more, you got you got to show up like that every time. Y'all play man, and you make that offense go. That offense need to go through you.
Speaker 4: Oh Jo.
Speaker 1: You know sometimes in games like this it come down to a miss. You remember that play they had locket and lock it with Lazy getting out the break and Geno hit him in the head and the ball. Now you're gonna get the ball on the You're gonna get the ball on the twenty yard lind with the first down.
Speaker 4: That was a beautiful time and through that was a beautiful man. He let the ball go before he even came out the break.
Speaker 1: That was yes, yes, And that's why you got You got to what the quarterback always say, you got to snap.
Speaker 5: That head around, hey, before anything else.
Speaker 4: The head got to come around.
Speaker 3: You got to.
Speaker 4: He's got you o yo yoah.
Speaker 1: But see, my head had to come around fast because I was playing with a strong arm quarterback.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So if you lady with your head, he gonna hit you upside the head. And the people laughing at you're like, oh, look at you. You think you play a soccer The ball all upside you, all upside your head. So he was a little lazy with it, and he knew it.
Speaker 4: He knew it.
Speaker 1: But that's the difference that when you're a team that win ball games, your guys make those plays. When you losing ball games, you find ways to miss those plays. Let's go talk about Tyreek. Tyreek said he felt like the side chick. He went on RG three's podcast, and I don't know if he's joking you serious, he's patting Kelsey.
Speaker 3: I was kind of jealous. I was hurt, bro I was hurt.
Speaker 4: Patrick.
Speaker 1: You ain't never invite me over to your house like you did Kelsey. You always invited Kelsey. And that's why we're here where we're at now. I've never been to anybody's I've never been to anybody's side check before.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 1: Always in my whole life, high school, middle school, all the quarterbacks, I was their main chick. Always I go to KC and now I'm the side chick. And that's funny. That's funny Tyree. Obviously, Tyreek being being very, very facetious. You take what he's saying with a grain of salt, little humor, a little comedy to it. But I understand what he's saying.
Speaker 5: His security blanket it is Travis Kelsey, It always has been, always will be. But Tyreek, again, being as special as he is, he made that offense even more special than what it already was. He made it more special and dynamic than already was obvious. You can see it's still struggling a little bit, you know, with the ups and downs that they have it now. Not having a true number one receiver that can only not only take the top off of defense, but can run those intermediate routes, can run those shallow routes and bounce his head off the goal post from anywhere.
Speaker 4: On the field. That's any mighty special.
Speaker 5: That's why anytime I talk about Tyreek, I always put him in a category completely by his God to himself, because we've never seen anything like that before.
Speaker 4: Other than that, I mean, it's funny. I love his sense of humor too.
Speaker 5: He is He's one of the few players that is playing today that keeps the game entertaining and it forces you and makes you want to tune in to see what's next.
Speaker 3: Did you Carson ever invite you over to his house?
Speaker 4: No? No, because they know I wouldn't go. They know I wasn't showing up.
Speaker 5: When listen, when we leave that stadium, I'm doing two things. I'm going to cigar bar, I'm going to the jazz club listen to some jazz sets. Or I'm on my video game. I'm not doing nothing else. Don't invite me to your house because I'm not showing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we used to go early in my career. We had I had a teammate, a tighty end teammate named Reggie Johnson, and his girl would cook and she was an excellent cook. And we go over the shoe pool play cards. That was the thing.
Speaker 3: You know, we're playing tunk, you know, we're playing bull rays.
Speaker 1: You know about talk Man, you know about all that, And so I went to it, but I was I was not a big I was not a guy big into going to other people's house, right, that wasn't my thing. I kind of like like, I see you guys, I see you guys there at work, and so once I leave work, right, I want to I want to go do my own thing. I want to be to myself. You know, we go, I mean occasionally went out. I wasn't a big go out type of a guy either, but I get it. I mean I get some guy. You know, they hung out there with each other's house. But uh, that wasn't my thing on Joe either. I wasn't big. I wasn't big in to go on the teammate's house side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about once you get outside, now what I did do? And we didn't hang out each of each other's houses, but the receivers, the receiver room, we did some things together. Sometimes we'll go to dinner, you know, we'll go to dinner and chop it up, do some things of that nature. But you know, going to someone's house is just nothing.
Speaker 4: Wrong with it. It just it's just some night. I just I didn't do well.
Speaker 1: I think that well when Mike got there. What did what we did do is that, uh, he would have what we called Casino Knight. So once you know, you break and the guy that was gonna make the team, he'd have a Casino Knights. So they have black jack, they have craps table, they have all that, and so everybody invited everybody over to come there with his wife. They having you know, they're having all this food and everybody will show up.
Speaker 3: And that was really fun.
Speaker 1: So because we got an opportunity to win some really nice prizes, pearl necklaces and trips, vacation things like things.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Mike, Oh yeah yeah yo, yeah yeah, I mean that the thing Mike was big. Mike was big on team bonding. So we go to train camp. We'd have a day, we go bowling. We have a day so it'd be offense against the defense. So you get your your teen best offensive players the ten best defensive players and we bowl against each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay.
Speaker 3: Then we'd have a fishing a fishing derby.
Speaker 1: You know, whoever catched the first fish, whoever catched the most fish, whoever catched the biggest fish.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Mike. Mike was big into that he would give us.
Speaker 1: He would give us like, Okay, guys, had a great week of practice, we have good deb a couple of days of practice. I'm gonna give you the night off. Don't get aid, don't get in any trouble. Right, Hey we go, you know, hey, guys go to the movies. Guys back in Greeley to this place called the Smiling Moves. Guys would go up there, blow off a couple of little steam, have a loup of drinks. But it was great. Mike was big. Mike was big in the team building team get the pay, get the guy, know the guy other besides that he played d line and that his number is ninety five. Know something about the guy, know somebody, you got kids, he got he got mom and me. Wait, yeah, you know something about him. So that's one aspect of it that that I really, I really appreciated about Mike.
Speaker 4: I like that casino night idea. That just the only part I wish.
Speaker 5: I wish I could have been a part of something like that, something to that magnitude, because I think if if there was ever been a time where I would gamble, actually spend a little money for a change, it would have to be.
Speaker 1: You know they gave you, he give you money, so like he give you like fake money. Yeah, so like he would come, like you would come and he gives you say, like I think like thirty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh real, real money. No, no, no, it was, it was, but you know the money was fake.
Speaker 1: But you get an opportunity to whoever have the most money at the end of the night get to buy prizes.
Speaker 4: Ah with the faith money.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, OK.
Speaker 1: So you get an opportunity to buy the pearl necklace or the diamond necklace or the trip somewhere.
Speaker 3: So that's that's how we did that. It's a why so what you know we do?
Speaker 1: You know your boy had to hook that thing up. You know you good with the dice. You did it black jack. So a couple of guys say, he sharp is what we're gonna do. We're gonna give you our money, go ahead and make that thing work for you. I'm looking at the clip. You know I will get a lick now. You know your boy right, you know rolling the dice.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Now my point born in fifty four, died in sixty three. On my point, I get it that. Oh oh we had that thing.
Speaker 4: That thing was lick.
Speaker 1: But though that's that's that's you know what, don't Joe and I tell people that's what you missed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, the game, the game is the game and the money.
Speaker 1: I missed things like that bus ride, the casino night, the fishing derby, the bowling. Those are the things that you because you're never gonna be able to do that again.
Speaker 4: No, you're never gonna be that to do it that again. You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't simulate it either, and you can't replun't now because you know, hey, guys are competitive.
Speaker 3: You know you might start off bull driving, but now you got up to the bowl.
Speaker 1: The guys in your ear, the guy doing the word you moon walking, Yah, he do it all kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: You're trying to throw you off your game. They yelling it.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, you can't be yelling in the Bowllet they yelling and screaming. They throwing stuff up in there, throw the towel.
Speaker 4: They eat the mob cord. Yeah, but those of the day.
Speaker 1: Lok Joe, check us out. Tyreek got two stories today. Tyreek says he'll cover the salary of the videographer that was suspended by the NFL. Kevin Fitzgibbons, a twenty year old University of Miami student, had been working Dolphins game since twenty twenty two, released the video on how the league disciplined him after Tyreek used his phone to celebrate a touchdown black backlift its. Gibbons said, after Tyreek celebrated with his phone, he sent the video to the NFL, but then but then later was notified he would be suspended for the remainder of the season and possibly for good because he had to what he had to be disciplined. Yeah, they said the problem. Guess what they're suspended for because he jumped up and down.
Speaker 4: Listen the NFL obviously it's all about control. Call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's always always been about control. It's always been about control. They pick and choose when they want to enforce certain rules depending on who it is. Like, it's at this point, it's ridiculous, man, this is entertainment again, Tyreek being one of the most entertaining players in the league in the game today, Getting someone that's part of the NFL involved in something that you want a celebration.
Speaker 4: Not only was it a celebration, it was a very creative celebration.
Speaker 5: One that had never been done before, and you want eyes tuned into the games, and that is what he's doing. This is a game about entertainment. So when someone chooses to do just that entertain why do you find.
Speaker 4: Him for it?
Speaker 5: And now you have someone losing it job and for not From what I understand, I think Tyreek is going to.
Speaker 3: Yes, you cover the guys.
Speaker 4: We're gonna cover the guy's salary, you know, for the for the year.
Speaker 1: But I think did guess what they did when he said that video to them? They released it, didn't they all their platforms?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh yeah, you so you so upset that the guy? You definitely why you put it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know why they put it out because it's it's entertainment. It's gonna get eyes, it's gonna get the fans engaged. You're gonna get everybody watching, which makes no sense. The powers that be, the people that sit up there, and positions of power with the student ties.
Speaker 4: This is what you want for your game. This is what you want players doing. Now, maybe you know what you tell Tyrek Listen, no, you tell the guy.
Speaker 5: You can't be doing that. You can't be you know, having your phone and flipping boom. I understand, you know, but you don't. You don't suspend the guy for exactly what you want, exactly so what you expect. They gotta do the g twenty years old. The guy just somebody, just some NFL player, not just some Tyreek Hill just took my phone, did a back flip up there, do it a selfie. And you don't think I'm about to be excited. I'm a Dolphins at the end of the day, I don't care what anybody tell you. Whoever works in the NFL office, they have a team, and when their team stores, they celebrate. When their team does something good, they celebrate.
Speaker 4: Most definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 5: And I just think the excuse, the excuse they definitely suspended jumping around as bulljive. It was bull drive and they would never be honest on why they did. For the NFL, the powers that be. I'm sure you guys are going to see this. You see everything that we do. Let's let's do what's right. If at any moment or any chance you have, let's do it right for the young fella man and get him his job back and.
Speaker 1: Give him a raise, because you embarrassed man. You you you, oh, you we we got to discipline you. Why tell me why you got to do?
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 1: He didn't disrupt the game, he didn't run on the field. He didn't run on the field and hand Tyreek the camera. Tyreek came and took the camera out of his hand hand. Yeah, and he's like, I can't because I couldn't believe it. Come, I'm telling my team ty Reek just scored a touchdown and took a and did a black backflip while taking a selfie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd have been jumping up and down too. Unheard of. That's unheard of. Just the creativity, all the authenticity of what he was able to do is unheard of. It shouldn't be. It's ridiculous at this point.
Speaker 1: It's to say, oh, Joe, I see, I know you remember when they used to have big heads and jacked up. They packaged that, packaged that for years, and then all of a sudden when guy said for concussion that they wanted money.
Speaker 4: But what, oh what, Oh.
Speaker 1: Y'all been packaging, packaging, jack up, big and greatest hits for sixty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know that that all ends when when you when you got to come out of pocket. It all ended.
Speaker 1: Uh Dion Sanders Whens SI Sportsman of the Year was Deon winning the s I Award the Right Choice. I guess they stopped voting in September. Oh, that's what the people are saying. The people are saying they stopped. No, no, no, no, no, oh, say I mean, I guess. I guess because because they said, you know, he was four and at what what four and o three and one, and now all of a sudden he had this losing streak. Therefore, basically he should be disqualified from being side sports first.
Speaker 4: Not absolutely not.
Speaker 5: He deserves exactly what he deserves to be on the on the cover, on the side cover. What he was able to do that at that program in such a short amount of time. They went one eleven last year, they went one eleven last year. I understand he went three and oh or three and one or four and one or whatever it might have been.
Speaker 4: He lost the last eight. But still to be able to go into a.
Speaker 5: Program like that, bring your own luggas with you and change it for the better, and it will only continue to get better because you know with the portal and then when the season, Nancy, you know you have transfers and all that other stuff that goes on.
Speaker 4: And he told you before the season started, what do I need to compete? What do I need to compete?
Speaker 5: I need full line in D line. I need my meeting potatoes. That is the only way I'm going to be able to compete. So we understand the landscape of what he has and the roster that he has. He didn't have a roster to compete with the u c l A's or the usc sor the or the Oregans or.
Speaker 4: The Utah you know, teams of that magnitude.
Speaker 5: But once he gets him in, you're gonna you're going to continue to see that record improved year in the year out. I'm not sure white people are upset that he won that award. Who else you're going to give it to?
Speaker 4: Think about it. Tell me who else you're going to give it to except another team that wins every single year? What college? What college coach?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't it.
Speaker 1: Don underssari. I don't think s I has to be a college coach could have won it or uh, Like I said, I don't, I don't know. I don't know the candidates who was up for the award.
Speaker 5: The right person won the award the right person to won the award, especially was able to do in such a short amount of time at a horrible, previously horrible program.
Speaker 1: Lebron James says he'll miss the Lakers game to watch Brownie's college debut. I already told my teammates that if they're playing the same day we're playing, I'm going to catch them the next game.
Speaker 3: Family over Everything. What is your take on this?
Speaker 5: You god damn right, ship I miss I miss a game too. I would definitely miss a game. He already he got eighty two up anyway, and missing one ain't gonna hurt, especially to see your son his first collegiate basketball game. Absolutely, And the funny thing about it is, I'm not sure if anybody will actually have a problem with Lebron missing the game to see his son play.
Speaker 4: Being who he is, I'm sure I'm sure they would. You think they would? You think?
Speaker 1: I think I think some would, because the simple fact is is that you know, you sign up for stuff like this, you're gonna have to miss recital.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, if game game seven you're missing.
Speaker 4: It with the same game seven.
Speaker 1: Time out though you said family over Everything, So if it's family over everything. It's family over everything in all situations. So again, let me ask you playoff game Game seven, NBA Finals, you're.
Speaker 4: Missing it, that's different. I don't think he's missing it.
Speaker 1: Family over everything, it's just so happened to be. So he's looking at these games. He's looking at these games.
Speaker 4: Regular said me.
Speaker 1: Me. I would, because I'm going all there, o Joe, you you already know you hear me talk. You know how I am about you know how him about any sport.
Speaker 4: I give it my all.
Speaker 1: Nightcap, Like I said, I spent three hundred thousand on the season legal season ticket and went to one game.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, whoa? Come wait a minute, come on, come on back home? Too many now, come on back home? Too many? Now? I told I told you about spending money like that. You spent three hundred thousand on legas lego tickets.
Speaker 3: And how many games have I been to, Ojoe?
Speaker 4: I don't know because I don't watch basketball.
Speaker 3: One so my daughter. I took my daughter.
Speaker 1: I took my daughter's birthday. I took on a Thursday. I signed up to do nightcap. I signed up to do nightcap with you. Sunday Monday Thursday.
Speaker 4: Oh so you missing out on the game because because of our union?
Speaker 3: Got this is what I signed up for.
Speaker 4: But you know what you are, right boy.
Speaker 5: I don't care what they say about you where you are right with me. Now, if you want me to, we could do. I could come to l A. I could do nightcap right there next to you, so we can go to the Laker game. I ain't got no problem.
Speaker 4: Let me know. I don't want you to wait. No, three hundred thousand? What tickets cost that much? Man?
Speaker 1: This is Lakers you Hey, I don't know who pay for the ticket that Philly, but it's a whole different that them.
Speaker 3: Like here, bro, it's the old.
Speaker 4: Over that I think. I think. I don't Doug Doug. Doug Doug books some magic with three hundred thousand, like for season tickets, Dad, God damn for two. So all them people be at the course side of the Laker game. They they got big up money like that. You see who's sitting down there, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, And you go down there.
Speaker 1: Everybody wearing paddocks, everybody wearing ap everybody wearing roll is everybody?
Speaker 3: I sed out everybody? Yeah yeah, yeah, they got it like that ojo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I listen, I never forget I said, I sat courside with my son. My son was little, he might have been maybe five, five or six. Me I sat next to Denzel. This was years ago. I'm not playing around. I'm sure you could find a picture and you could google it, just pop it up. And that was the last time I sat courtside and something. Miss Bus, miss Buss actually gave gave me those tickets back then. And it's so long ago because my son was yay high. He got a picture with Kobe Man. My son might have been five or six. Yeah, yeah, I'll never forget that.
Speaker 1: But but hold on, that was only for that's three hundred fous for only like twenty two games.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa you said? You said, wait man, you.
Speaker 1: Said, get courseized games. Yeah, there's four two games. Yeah, forty one game?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, boy, you played forty one on the road, right, what went at home?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay. I thought you said twenty I thought you said twenty one. I was like, whoas, Yeah, that's what I got. I got.
Speaker 1: I got twenty one game and somebody else got twenty got twenty games.
Speaker 4: Oh so you don't got the whole forty You got the whole forty would have called me about sale money fifty thousand? Oh nigga? Oh hey, nah man, you bullshit man. Man, you thought wouldn't loud to you by that, O Joe.
Speaker 5: You got me thinking you got the whole, the whole forty one, forty forty one home game.
Speaker 4: No, no, we have a we have a We had a lot of resistance. I pick a game. He picked a game. I pick a game, he picked a game. Nah, man, Man, they got me fucked up.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm not I'm just saying, O Jo God, I said, I signed I signed up to do nightcap Sunday night, Monday night. And if there was a game on Friday, Friday night, if there's a game on Saturday, Saturday night, Monday night, That's what I signed.
Speaker 4: Up for, right right right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't call for me to say, Okay, you know what, O Joe, I did that that was a one off. Had that not been my daughter's birthday. And at the time when I got the tickets, I didn't even know we were gonna do a nightcap I had. I got the tickets way before I had March is the ticket Because I'm like, oh, your boy gonna be a your boy gonna be sitting at that for inside, I'll be there all all the time. They're like I am yeah. And then I get then and there like okay, nightcap of the possibility. You and I talk, we have a meeting, like okay, but I'm already at three on the grand Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, Well what am I gonna do? So I told I said, baby, she's like dad, because she told me, she said Dad. I appreciate that because she's like, I know, you don't miss work for nothing. You don't miss work for nothing day.
Speaker 3: She's like, I don't.
Speaker 1: She's like, I ain't got that kind of work as a day because I missed my job at the minute, I said, no, baby, But but that's the way I'm wired.
Speaker 3: And so although I understand Lebron's decision.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not how, that's not what. I'm not sure. I don't think I would have done that right right. I get what. I get what you're saying.
Speaker 1: But everybody is different, though, Joe, Like you said, everybody is different. You say, hey, I'm gone, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gone. I'm gone. I'm definitely gone. What man, I'm out of that.
Speaker 1: Bro Let's just say for the sake of our I have Like if my sister had a call me and told me my grandmother passed and it was a Saturday night, I would have played that Sunday because I already know what she gonna want.
Speaker 4: She was like, I'm already damn what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Go take care of what you need, the cake chair, Your braddy gonna be right here. That's our mentality. My grandfather died. I missed the day at the funeral.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: She's like, what you're sitting home for doing what? So that's how my mentality. But Lebron James, Am I surprised he's doing it? Absolutely not. I am not surprised one eye older, but I probably ill probably feel by the way broke you our best player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need you, especially a regular season game.
Speaker 5: You know you got we got a d I mean you could you could stand and based on what Lebron is accomplished and and who he is as a father and understanding you know, the makeup and how he moves in general as a father and ship.
Speaker 4: I ain't saying that.
Speaker 5: I say, le Bron, going ahead, if I played for Lakers man, going ahead, bro, I got you tonight, I got.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, what time the games start? Because I have I have my Leaker uniform. Go there, can't Broughni Cordy. Can't Brony get a couple of pots? Then I head right on back to the Lakers game.
Speaker 4: That would be dope.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing, you know what, as I look back and think about what he went through. Yeah, bron Hill, I take the whole week off now. I wasn't even thinking about what Bronni went through. Hell, this moment like not even happened this year. Oh yeah, bro, what the hell are you talking about? I would have told him nothing like, hey where lebron James at.
Speaker 4: Right? Well, you're with usc right down. That's my born.
Speaker 1: Considering, oh Joe, considering, scared that they got given what Bronni had gone through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, now not Yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right. Yeah I missed that. Mug. See, I ain't going.
Speaker 3: I ain't going. I ain't going. I ain't going.
Speaker 4: I'm not yeah mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forget. I forgot all about that. What had Broddy had gone through? Check this out, O Joe. I got Keith Lee a Texas bakery.
Speaker 1: The puttery went went from just five customers per day to having lines around the block after Keith Lee gave his dorner and they are proud of Stellar Rebus for her dessert. I guess she had told him some days she would have only two customers. Damn he came gave it, going reviews, lying around the block.
Speaker 4: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 5: I got I got one problem though, what I told Keith Lee, and I know he saw my video. When you start going back doing reviews, let me know so I could do the goddamn review with you.
Speaker 4: And he's still doing reviews and I'm still at home now.
Speaker 3: He don't want to do no review with you. Why he's a cause? Because what question?
Speaker 4: That man? Question? Question that man? I just said, you know the bad critiques. I just you know, you know how I feel about that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm giving everybody I'm giving I'm giving everybody the glory.
Speaker 1: No, but you can't do that because if you give everybody good review and the food ain't no good.
Speaker 3: Now hold you now, you damage you.
Speaker 4: Listen, everybody experienced is different.
Speaker 5: That's like they one woman and you tell you and you tell your friend, but you don't want to day up and then he had the time of her life with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, hold on, hold on, did I date the person you talk about? You ahead of time? But you dirty man? I can't see that with you. Hell, that might have that might have been a bad analogy. But I'm just saying, it's not. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: When I think about the service industry, I want people to stay with me, the people that are watching when I think about the service industry in general, especially us when it comes to us and doing anything, and how difficult it is for us to have anything, to have it up and running, and to get us to support each other, because you know how we are when it comes to us, everything has to be emactly, it has to be perfect and in top notch, and sometimes it's not always like that, not always like that, which is why I would always want those reviews to always be, you know, given in a positive manner, because we're very fickle. We're very fickle as a society and as a community. And that's all I was saying. But what what Keith Lee is doing is fucking amazing and I promise you, if Keith Lee doesn't take me on his next trip or visit whatever state he's going to, we're gonna fight.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I ain't got to worry about coming out of nobody coming to my house eating because they saw my dogs sitting on my lap.
Speaker 4: People was mad about that.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 4: You said it the last show.
Speaker 5: You said, nothing comes before your dogs, including the woman coming into your life.
Speaker 4: She has to accept that.
Speaker 1: Yes, And people said, your grandma, bro, do you know like my grandma know I had the dogs and they be at the table. Yes, my grandmother knew that. Yes, when I grew up, Oh Joe, we did not have dogs in the house. We had dogs that they were changed. They were tied up under the shed. And my grandfather had dogs. My uncle had hunting dogs, had bloodhounds, blue ticks, red bones.
Speaker 3: You know the term red bone. You know where that came from. That's a dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a hunting dog, red bone, a.
Speaker 1: Red bone is an actual hunting dog. That's where the term that they where the women at. That's where the term came from.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, Yes, blue.
Speaker 1: Ticks, yes, trill, yeah, black and tan trill yes, my uncles and grandfather had all those dogs, but they were in pons or they were chained up. Because hunting dogs you had to have them in a pin because they get on the trail or something and they gone, they gone.
Speaker 4: So they get they get the tracking, right, it's a rap gone right.
Speaker 1: So yes, my grandmother had no problem once I got dog. As a matter of fact, I had two rock wallers can't and kill you. I had them in h in Denvor with me and then I went going to this place and they wouldn't let me have dog over certain size. I sent the dogs to my sister and my grandmother. I wanted when I came home, I wanted to bring the dogs with me to Atlanta. My grandma said, no, you can't take these dogs. I said, granted, but they my dogs.
Speaker 4: I paid for them.
Speaker 3: She says, so you shouldn't let me and your supposed to have.
Speaker 4: Them, right right right right, So she was she was cool with the dogs.
Speaker 1: They had the dog on the table that make it seem like the dog everybody else had served their food.
Speaker 4: The dog was sitting in my lap in front of my house, right right right right, and.
Speaker 1: Y'all all y'all talking y'all women, what you think that hair that's not your hair? Where you think that hair be at?
Speaker 4: On the Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, why y'all.
Speaker 4: Over the bumper? Y'all comes shedding over everything. Yeah yeah, okay, now now I don't got that off my chance. I'm good. I like, Hey, why I like? I like what you're doing that. Why are you.
Speaker 1: Cover? Y'all are not gonna come between me and my dog, Me and my dogs and my family because everybody knows.
Speaker 3: How I get down.
Speaker 4: Hey, I like a boy. You stand on business by them goddamn dogs. Man. Okay, I see you, I see you. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, if my grandmother would have had a problem with it, I'm never gonna be disrespectful to my grandmother. If she said shouting, I don't want the dogs in the house, the dogs are not coming in the house. Yeah yeah, at my house, it's just like, oh, Joe, my mom used to smoke. I said, Mom, you can't smoke in the house and go back porch and smoke. Okay, that's my mom, but she goes she respects my house. Okay, yeah, that's my grandmother's house. Yes, me and my brother bought that, but I got too much respect for her. They're like, hold on, I'm paying. I know. I wouldn't even come into my grandmother's house after midnight. I would not even sleep. I would not even bring a girl and sleep in my grandmother's house. When I come home, I stayed at the hotel. I didn't sleep at my grandmother's house with a woman because I got too much respect. Boy. Even though she say, baby, hey, it's okay, and you for the house. No, no, grant, I got too much respect for you to lay up with a woman in your home. That's not gonna happen. We're gonna go to the hotel. It's okay. Yeah, it ain't no risk called, and it's not the four seasons. But guess what, it's a respect factor that I had for my grandmother that I'm not coming in the house after midnight. Never ever, have I ever set one foot in my grandmother's house after midnight, from the time I was able enough to go out from thirteen to fourteen till I'm twenty five, thirty five forty never and that wasn't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 4: I've never had a woman in my granny's house ever. No, not to have no house, no I ain't no, I ain't say that.
Speaker 3: To meet my grandma. Yeah, yeah, no, no, no, no, no, you know how it is in the side.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't spe for everybody else, but I know where I'm from. That's the utmost respect. I could not in good conscious lay up my grandmother down the hall and I got a woman laying up in my.
Speaker 5: Room right well, you know, obviously mean you know where I'm from. Obviously you know I'm from the city, from Liberty City. And you know people that know me or know my grandma very well that you know she ain't play that. She ain't play that. She was a school counselor she was a teacher. Uh, she worked for the Day County public school system. So you already know she in church every Sunday on Wednesday and Bible study.
Speaker 4: I don't need to I don't need to tell you no more. So you're timing. You know what time it is, Bring whole bring who in her house?
Speaker 3: Man she to meet her. Ain't nobody sleeping there.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no no no, no, no, no no no. Listen.
Speaker 5: I had and I'm not I ain't eve for to say here stunt, but I had to be in the house before the goddamn street light came on. When that street light started flickering, and she come on that porch and called my name, I.
Speaker 4: Better be I better be in This is where I can hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we have the streetlight. We had that light that come on once it got dark, but we be shooting basketball. But now there's look my grandfa, my grandpa, my uncle, my guy that was dated my aunts when they came over to day my aunts. You know, my grandfather told them, he said, don't nobody have sex here but me and the girls. Mom, don't play that with me. All that sneaking. Barney Poort didn't play that straight up.
Speaker 3: I tell you what.
Speaker 1: Go to Glenville right now. Anybody my age from fifty to seventy five. Yeah, ask him about Barney Porter. He ain't play. Ain't play, that's what matter of fact. Ain't no place He's grown me in no place, he said, I remember Ojo. He said, you know what the way you play. Everybody don't play how you play, So be careful playing with people.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, all that playing.
Speaker 1: You see all these people on social media pranking people. Okay, that's how you play.
Speaker 4: That's how you play. Everybody don't play like you play game. That's man, o yo.
Speaker 1: I got slapped so hard one time, you know, when I was going, you know, people just say your mama, Yeah, man, I was in I was working in the field, o yo.
Speaker 3: And I'll never forget here.
Speaker 1: Reder and and then somebody gonna cut this sliper and send it to a glimb bell man. I told him Redder, she said something, I said, your mama. Foh, her sister Bell, her name may Belle. We call a bell man. Bell slapped her taste out my mind. I said, what you snapped before? I said her mama, she said, we got the same damn mam, Mama.
Speaker 4: I ain't do that no more. I ain't do that no mo old. So you playing how you play?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anybody don't play how you play.
Speaker 4: Don't play the same exactly.
Speaker 1: Y'all pulled up on a club in Atlanta. You're using the pictures of his son to promote a party. They weren't played for, they weren't paid for. Don't play with me in the city.
Speaker 4: Ain't no bad. You know better than that.
Speaker 5: You know better than that, you know better than the make a mockery of a family situation like that with a staple of Atlanta. Why why even play? That's like, come on, what we're doing? Yeah, what we're doing? Like that's that's I listen.
Speaker 4: I like that. T I still on business.
Speaker 5: I like that he's still am I using that terminology right, I'm old now, I'm just trying to make some business, right, yes, saying it right? Yeah, lad, I'm glad he's still on business. In front of those people, they know they were dead.
Speaker 4: Wrong.
Speaker 1: Man, you try to promote something, Okay, you want to You want to promote the man paying the man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And matter of fact, I don't even think they would be able to afford his fee.
Speaker 4: Let's start there.
Speaker 5: What they don't don't put the man in the son in it, and don't put the man in his son on the trying to be funny, trying to attract attention, knowing that if you put that on the fly, what everybody gonna do?
Speaker 1: They gonna tall, Hey, tim, hey man, you had such and such a hosted such and such.
Speaker 4: What you're talking about that too? And yeah, and get people to come.
Speaker 1: I can see if you in Miami or you somewhere else. Okay, tip man, Nah hell nah, it's got he got to pick up a phone. You can't play with that man in there because he gonna pull up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he did so he did just that too, he's supposed to. You think they think they changed it. I don't know what happened, but yeah, I know t I. Look, they don't. They don't play with t I that t A ain't about that biddiness. No, Mo, but t I you about that business right right right right? Be a business? Yeah? Oh yeah, I know they know. Tip and A. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You think some elite athletes in college all of a sudden go to the NFL if it got to how to play football, especially qub's No, yeah, I just see it, oh Joe. And this is what I've always tried to I've always tried to explain to people. Just because you're good in high school doesn't mean you're gonna be good in college. Just because you're good in college doesn't mean you're going to be good in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Everything is not transferable.
Speaker 1: Everybody thinks that all of a sudden, Well, well he was a good running back in college, Well he was a good wide receiver or quarterback. No, yeah, and there's some guys there were some guys that were okay, and then you're like, how they Everybody is not going to have a stellar career like Peyton Manning come out top not with the number one recruited player when he came into college. He's the number one overall draft pick in night leads with five mbps, a Super Bowl MVP, and titles, and he had all the records pass the yards, passing touchdown when he left the game.
Speaker 4: Everybody's not gonna have it like that.
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: And so we just we just we get so man ooh you see them o Joe that NFL, Well, why you say that? Are you bad in college?
Speaker 4: It's just different, it's different.
Speaker 5: I don't think I don't think people understand the significance and the jump and talent. Yes, once you get to the NFL, you are literally the best of the best in the world and considered the one percent, yeah, one percent.
Speaker 4: At your job out of billions of people in the world.
Speaker 5: Like think about that, and you know, I never I never thought about it that way. You're the best of the best. So when we talk about some of these players that are the best at way to do the Tyreek Hills, your CD Lambs your your dad, Prescott or Patrick Mahomes. Oh, out of billions in the world, you are one best be best. And it's just just it's such a huge jump, and the transition doesn't always translate when you leave college to the NFL, because it doesn't. The level of talent is damn there equal. Yes, it's damn there equal. The only thing that separates you probably when you get an edge is mentally and being technically sound.
Speaker 4: Yeah you got.
Speaker 1: You gotta believe, yeah, I believe that when I stepped on the field out the baddest more for out there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I believe that was I believe.
Speaker 1: That everything that I had endured up until that point had prepared me for that moment. So there was nothing I was going to encounter on the field that I hadn't already faced a more difficult time coming up, right, So now I had to put the work in. I had study, I had done everything. That's what seejo, And I'm like, hold on, I'll give you a play. Last night tonight Seattle got stopped on fourth down. Okay, what does game tape tell you? In thirty one A fourth through one d Law DeMarcus Lawrence like the pinch in side. He likes to cross the guy's face. Okay, the guy the safety walk down on the line of scrimmage. Where the hell you think the D line going inside force everything to bounce to the safety and then the tight end let the safe to beat him.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, what do y'all watch?
Speaker 1: Do y'all watch Tate d Law and I only I haven't even broken d Law down. I'm just watching game cap and just watching it weekend and week out because the Cowboys. I know we're gonna talk about the cowboy just watching it thirty one fourth one d Law crossing somebody's face.
Speaker 3: Because I want to pource the bounce.
Speaker 1: Ill mean, damn, I think, say bro, I'm like, bro, come on now, yeah, yeah, I just I just don't get it. Ken full nask up. They're only three numbers retired in Denver. Do you think Denver will ever retire eighty four or thirty? You and TD deserve it.
Speaker 4: I doubt it. I don't.
Speaker 1: You know. At one point time, I was like, man, it'd be cool to have a number retired, But then the hell, after everybody in the war and after I don't had it all night it is I don't think about it anymore. I got one retired, I got number two retired in Savannah State. I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 4: There we go. Sure, you want you want?
Speaker 1: You want? Eighty five retired and uh, I don't know. To be honest with you, I don't know. Is it known for Isaac Curtis? Is it known for Ocho?
Speaker 4: Well, Isaac Curtis the original eighty five. I remember, Isaac Curtis is the original eighty five.
Speaker 5: They changed multiple rules because of Isaac Curtis being the offensive weapon that he was back then. So I've always showed tremendous respect to him and what he did with the Bengals. But you know, most of the time, when people see that that number eighty five is synonymous a synonymous with Ocho. You know, when you see the when you see the number eighty five in general, it doesn't even have to be Bangled related.
Speaker 4: It's still synonymous with Yeah, yeah, you know. So, I mean, with all due respect, it's cool that that's that's that's that's corral.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, think about it from Liberty City and you got your name and I'm up in the ring of things, so everybody come up in that thing.
Speaker 3: They're like, what they got They got Chad Johnson, they got.
Speaker 5: Got they got Johnson. I think they should put a hyphen and puto sinko next to it. Yeah, Hey, that's that's a that's a crazy feeling, man. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it didn't.
Speaker 5: It didn't hit me to after the fact. You know, during the ceremony, it was cool. My family was there, t O was there, you know, my kids, French Friday all there.
Speaker 4: And I looked up. They let the little drape down and I looked at my name and it was like, you know what, boom, that's cool. Boom.
Speaker 5: I shook hands, shook boom my hand. I hugged Big Wi and uh hug Anthony Munjo's Ken Anderson and then that's it.
Speaker 4: And then I got home in the bed. I got home to the hotel and the bed with rail and boom and hit me. So that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm from Liberty City, man born and born in Jackson Moorrial Hospital. You know, grew up in the forties, you know, during the craziest era of all time. And my name is in the stadium when the odds were stacked against me, and I happened to make it out like, that's unbelieved. That's unbelievable when you think about it. The comfort where't come from. And now to walk into a stadium and your name and your legacy is cemented, Like they can't take that away.
Speaker 4: That ain't going nowhere. No, Like, that's definitely not. That's dope, man, that's dope, Christopher.
Speaker 1: I would ask with Brandon Staley and Sean mcdurham Dermott unnoticed, which team has the better coaching opportunity is an upside?
Speaker 3: Bills are Chargers?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one. Both of them ship from what they got from an offensive standpoint. I like both of them. I like both of them.
Speaker 5: And that god damn roster over there, that the defensive roster over there in San Diego.
Speaker 4: I'd rather I'd rather go there. Yoh my goodness. Yes, yeah, I'm going. I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm going to I'm going to l a C. The weather, going to well for the weather. I mean because both of the quarterbacks. I mean, you got two big, strong arm quarterbacks that a merely do. I mean, they don't miss games. You got Jenny, you got a step Diggs, Stefan Diggs, you got gave Davis, you got two Kinkaid's.
Speaker 3: I mean you got two tight ends. Nice offensive line.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You go to the Chargers, you got Eckler, you got Keenan Allen.
Speaker 1: You got Mike Williams although he's injured, got ever Yeah, I mean both both.
Speaker 4: I think most of the Quinn Nelson is a Quinn to the Quentin Johnson.
Speaker 3: Quentin Johnson Quinn Johnson quins the guard for the Coats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, Look, the taxes in California gonna eat you up. Oh yes, they weather it's really nice. But I mean, think about it. I'm getting I'm getting nine games a year because I play indoors and the Raiders are indoors. So I'm getting nine games a year an ideal.
Speaker 4: Climate now in a beautiful stadium at that.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, here's the one drawback. Patrick Holmes. Patrick Holan's gonna be in this division for another ten years. If you go to the AFC East, you got Zach Wilson, you got Mac Jones, and you got two Do you want to deal with one of those guys or do you want ten years of Pat Mahomes You you have to you have to weigh your options.
Speaker 4: I ain't running for that smoke. I'm going, I'm going. I want to battle. Pat mahomes, do you want to the battle? I want to battle. When a battle pay? I like that. I want to compete. And I got it. I got a new I got a new waster day too. I forgot to show you what you got. Let me see what you got?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What? What is that? From target? Now? It was ten dollars. I posted it on my story earlier today. Nice. It looked like it looked like a Cardiato, don't.
Speaker 3: It look like a carter? It looked like a card. They left the eye. They just said a carter.
Speaker 1: Ain't Cardier, that's a card No, no, no, but it's ain't talking about Sean Carter either.
Speaker 4: No, don't don't don't play now, you know this thing looks spiffy. Look it looked real classy. Man, it looked real classy.
Speaker 5: See if I ain't say nothing, somebody asked me today, They were like, boy, what you going to your wrist?
Speaker 4: Boy? I said, I was like, man ship Cardier. He ain't no, no, he ain't no no better, he ain't no no difference, you know to the naked eye. Never know. But it cost me ten dollars looked good though, well, good thing.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no niggad as I dressed my eyes up. I know that was some bully Jay shot shots said, what do you wank? Labist Gerald standing among receivers all the time. I don't think he gets mentioned enough.
Speaker 5: I like I like I like Fist, I like Fitz, I like fits is one of those you know what, I'm finna put my hard hat on and I'm finna go to work. It ain't it ain't going to be pretty. If you throw it, I'm gonna catch it. I'm gonna get the job done.
Speaker 4: Every time. That that that blue collar do it the right way.
Speaker 5: Perfect, perfect example of model citizens, model football player. If there was somebody you want to be like, it's somebody you want to if you want to bring an athlete home, this is the one you want to bring home. You know every everything about him, be the real deal.
Speaker 4: Top five. I think even statistically, I love fitty Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I definitely think where he ranks for me, I think Jerry is the greatest, right uh. And some people argue, say, well it's Mandy, but I'm gonna go Jerry. I mean, the man got one hundred and ninety seven receiving touchdowns. O yo, yeah, yeah, the man got forty four. He got forty four more receiving touchdowns than anybody in the history of the game. The man got twitted two thousand receiving yards.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in an era when they didn't throw the ball like they throw at sixty seventy percent of the time now, and he was doing things. I mean, the dude had twenty two touchdowns twelve games. So for me, Jerry is it, I like to at two, I got Randy at three. Right, That's me because I just love I love TYO. I love I love TiO on the field and his ability because I know I was gonna get everything he got, every single player, every single game.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You know, anytime I always talk about you know, for me, it's it's like what Jerry was able to do. Man, It's just I take for granted.
Speaker 3: Man, you know, like I said, oh, Joe, see, people think now.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, people think now that football and basketball and baseball didn't start until the Internet came to be, and they just they're just like, oh man, he wasn't bro y'all better go back and look at what Jerry did. Yeah, yeah, I mean the man went to hell. I think it's a ten time first team All Pro for a wide receiver and they only two spots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it ain't see.
Speaker 1: Back back when we were coming, they didn't have no flex. There wasn't no flex nothing. It was one two wide receivers and one tight end and two running back.
Speaker 4: You gotta go, you gotta work work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I never I never had the opportunity to see Jerry play in person. Obviously, I've seen the footage, I've seen the film, I've watched the one on ones. But being able to see Moss and t O in person for years, Yeah, And I try to tell people, I try to explain it to him. Listen, watching what Randy did on Thanksgiving with that three for one sixty three and three touchdowns, and what t O did in Dallas and what t O did in Philly, or what t O did when it was the forty nine ers. Unless you were able to see it in person, watching it on film, watching it on YouTube, it will do you no justice unless you saw it with the naked act, un fucking believable. The receivers of the day are phenomenal. The receivers to days are great. Yes, they are nothing, and I mean that is like watching them too.
Speaker 1: The guys are skilled now, but the physicality has been legislated out of the ball game. Yeah, so you can't You can't see a lot of a lot of Back then, it was all about intimidation. Yeah, it was all about intimidation and all that talking and all that celebrate celebrating.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, you want to celebrate. Yeah, oh okay, Oh they gonna get They're gonna get you. Bruh. They gonna get you. They would take cheating, they would take cheap, they would light your ass up. Yeah. Yeah, keep talking, keep.
Speaker 1: Talking, y'all gonna keep talking me. I ain't look here, y'all was gonna hit me anyway. Y'all trying to make seem like the only reason y'all hit me because I'm talking. No, y'all will gonna get me anyway. Come up on the other team. So I'm gonna keep talking. Guess what, I'm gonna get your ass back too. I'm gonna get you back. Hey.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, you know what I'm thinking about? What Calvin motherfucking Johnson. Yeah, mm hmm, man, unfair.
Speaker 5: It's like God, God God Like, it's like God was messing around up there with the football gods and said, boom, here you go, Calvin. I think of Calvin Johnson and his makeup is like and what God did when he read it MESSI obviously completely different statues, you know, in three different sports.
Speaker 4: He would just fucking around.
Speaker 5: And say you know what he y'all go, and man, un fucking believable talents to watching person.
Speaker 4: Man they are and I got it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I mean to see the like the greats, and you know, to see Reggie and Bruce and the Dts and the LT's and the Times and those guys in their prime, now you get you get an appreciation. Yeah, to watch guys just like move up and down the line. I mean they put Reggie at the three technique, the five technique, the seven.
Speaker 4: To nine year and dominated all of them. Dominated. Yeah, dominated.
Speaker 1: To see Bruce he played the five and just like I mean, they well unobated to the quarterback because Boomer Sizon out of the game. He jumped the snap, he jumped the snapcount and they didn't blow it dead. He knocked them out. M m oh yeah, oh they were. They were literally knocked out the game. Oh okay, they were knock you out. Oo, they were knocked you out the game. They will they were know nothing. Seriously, they will knock you out your quarterback. Yah, they were knocked the quarter the quarterback at the game.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, is what it is, though, King before before you ask the question, Tyreek Kill is in that same conversation as specialists boys too, and he's still playing like d like that.
Speaker 4: That's how specially is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and with this speed, I mean, Tyreek is how Tyree's what twenty nine?
Speaker 4: Maybe he's not that old, not yet. I don't think maybe because I think I think Mahomes. I think Mahome huh twenty nine? Yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: But that's still the still I think.
Speaker 1: But to see the thing is, because of that speed, he's still going to be able to play put up number for another three to five years. I'm talking about the numbers that he's putting up now. Now, I'm not saying he's gonna get I believe he's gonna get two thousands this year. Yeah, it's not open.
Speaker 4: I want to see it. I mean, you know, you do. I like seeing you know.
Speaker 1: I played, you know, a block for a guy that got two thousand rush yards. It's something to see. You see a guy get two thousand, you know, two thousand Russ yards, to see something that that hasn't been done and to see Tyree to be the first to do it, because I think because it takes a special guy, because you got to be there every week.
Speaker 3: You can't miss a game, on Joe, you can't miss a game.
Speaker 4: And we're gonna get one or two big ones too. You're gonna get that.
Speaker 5: Out of what six or seven left, you're gonna get one or two big ones. And it's gonna put him right over there.
Speaker 3: He got six games left.
Speaker 1: He need he needs a game where he goes over to Yeah, got to put him over fifteen hundred. So now I got five games, o Joe, and now you know you get a one twenty five or one fifty. You said pretty because you know the thing is is that you don't want you want to have it. You want to be able to catch a smoke route and walk off the field like I got it. Because they gonna throw that. They don't want you to break that record against Demo Joe, so they gonna put it jayl Jayla Wata might break the record.
Speaker 4: He might have the most receiving.
Speaker 1: Yards in the game, right because they're gonna be they're gonna blow the coverage to make.
Speaker 3: Sure that don't get it, get it. Yeah, you could remember when TiO had to get the record.
Speaker 1: Tom Fearce had the record of nineteen catchers and I think eighteen and eighteen catchers.
Speaker 4: In the game, right, Well, it was Jerry Rice's day.
Speaker 1: They like, we're not gonna let Jerry go crazy on us and over the damn TiO don't go for twenty for two fifty five. So that's what that's what happens, O Joe. They're like, oh no, you're not You're not going to go crazy. You're not finna celebrate on us. Jaylen Wata gets get ten ketcheres with three hundred yars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hate I hate them. I hate them.
Speaker 5: Games like that come hell of high water and they just say not the day you not go get it, and you gotta be patient.
Speaker 4: You gotta be patient.
Speaker 5: You'll get maybe one or two, you'll get maybe one or two balls and hope you could do something with it. But you ain't getting nothing after that. No, Shlon John King, Ashtannon.
Speaker 1: If you and Sterling switch team, would you still be the same player you both were.
Speaker 3: Who do you think would have had the better career? I mean, hold on, so you mean to.
Speaker 1: Tell me he's gonna come into the league and he's gonna have John away from the jump? Do you realize who threw the ball to my brother before Brett Farr got there? I mean no, I mean Anthony deal with Mike Toms act. He had Don mccowsky.
Speaker 4: Come on, now, oh Don Mkowski. Boy, he was a real deal.
Speaker 1: Raw, You're gonna get my brother John that way. So in eighty eight, eighty nine, ninety ninety one, he had John that way. Do you know what the numbers would look like? I mean, yeah, I mean i'd have had Brett. I mean i'd have had FARV got the Green Bay in ninety two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Probably my career is similar, but his numbers would have been astronomical. So no, he'd had much better. He'd had a much better career than what he had, and he had a great career, even though it was sure. Adrian Adelie asked, what's more difficult hitting a free throw in an NBA championship kicking a field goal for the Super Bowl PS for Oho, The Saxons are the best junker neudeas.
Speaker 4: Valley Boys don't do that.
Speaker 3: He said, Saxons.
Speaker 4: Valley Boys.
Speaker 3: He said Saxons, I mean, he sounded like.
Speaker 4: He from it.
Speaker 5: Probably is somebody in the Bahamas talking about the Saxons. BALLEI in your belly.
Speaker 1: What's more difficult, Ohoe, hitting a free throw in an NBA Championship game or kicking a field goal for the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I think both both are equally as equally as stressful.
Speaker 1: No, they're not, because guess what. Ain't nobody trying to block your free throw? You ain't got no win conditions.
Speaker 4: But listen, it's still you.
Speaker 5: You, You having to hit that free throw, You having to make that kick. From the eighty thousand people. You got your teammates all all fifty two of them relying relying on you to make a kick to win a game. You are responsible for that, right free throw arena cheering, loud, screaming fans, people.
Speaker 4: Heckling, making noise. You got to lock in and hear.
Speaker 5: The free throw Championship, you got to make both of them to win a game, game seven series, you make both of them, you win by one. Shit man, that's.
Speaker 1: Man. All de Peo. Who shooting the free throws you talk about? You got Ben Wallace, you got Chris Dudley. I mean you got shot who shoot the free throws to win the championship? And then who's kicking the field goal for the for the Super Bowl? Do I got a talk from Baltimore? Do I got better?
Speaker 4: Jerry?
Speaker 5: I mean that's that's a great question for Steph Curry or and a Justin Tucker. What do you think is much more? Is more difficult to make two shots to win a series in game seven?
Speaker 4: Or the kick a game the field goal? How far is the field goal? That that that you got to take that into consideration as well. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's the guy that just kicked the fifty nine yard in a driving rainstorm.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was that was that was That was clutch.
Speaker 1: Or Vinegieria kicking the ball, kicking a forty five yards driving snowstorm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that is it going to die? You're right? I mean, but.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is Ojo is that the question is pressure is what you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing? Because if you haven't been in those situations before, I mean, how many times had Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: Gone to the free throw lad with the game on the line.
Speaker 1: Justin Chucker was a rookie and kicked the game with winning field goal in Denver to send the Ravens to the AFC Championship game in New England.
Speaker 3: So he's been in those moments.
Speaker 1: Steph Currents had to make a free throw possibly to get a team in the overtime or to win a game. Now you take someone that has never been in those situations. Now he's knocking like you think somebody knocking on the door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's different, it's different, But like you know, that's that's a great question.
Speaker 5: Now that you're asking the players that have been in those situations or clutch situations or moments like that where the super Bowl is on the line or championship is on the line, do you think they're nervous?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think so.
Speaker 1: Oh you understand the moment. You understand the moment. Yeah, okay, okay, you understand the question. Yeah you know, because yeah, I mean, it's the super Bowl, and as much as you try to make the super Bowl or just another game, everything's gonna be the same fifteen minutes, you know, fifteen minute quarters it's not. It's not, it's not, it's not. Jonathan Batista, o Jo. Have you ever heard you and ain't? Said Rocky?
Speaker 5: Look, look related, y'all could be cousins man. That is my cousin man. I've said that millions of times. Rocky has also said that on Instagram many of the times. I'm not sure why people are still confused that we resemble each other.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm lying. No, I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: You're a liar.
Speaker 1: I think Ojo computer went out for a second. I hope he didn't lose his charge. I think I'm still going, so I guess I keep asking some questions. Is mouse one said, oh, did you see Ojoe Vegas commercial?
Speaker 3: And can we raise his rap skill?
Speaker 1: Love, y'all, that's what y'all call those skills, y'all call that what.
Speaker 4: He doing rapping?
Speaker 1: Look, I haven't I haven't seen the whole commercial. I saw a little snippet of it, but he got in character. So the one thing I know about Ocho, he gonna fool y'all. He gonna he gonna make y'all thank you Tupac. I mean he gonna be up there like, oh yeah, bro, I hit that with that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Look, when it comes to entertaining, I don't putting nothing past Ohoe because he's the he's the ultimate entertainer. He embodies, he he captures, he embodies the moment. And so would I be surprised that he hit it out of the park. No, I would be more surprised that if he didn't, because knowing that he loved the entertainment, he loved that.
Speaker 4: He's a showman.
Speaker 3: He loves being in front of people, he loves being in front of the camera.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Ain't got no doubt in my mind that Ocho knocked it out out of the park. I saw a little snippet of it, but I'm kind of I'm ana wait, I'm gonait till the I think it's going to be a Super Bowl commercial, right, It's a Super Bowl commercial, right, So I'm waiting to see that during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's be with no hate for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: If Romo had a defense the Cowboys had the last two.
Speaker 3: Years, he's winning a super Bowl. Be real, unkin O, Joe. Dad's caught it.
Speaker 1: We all know it. No, you, first of all, the mayor of fact that you signed Jonathan, excuse me not. Jonathan Nathan High voted fifty two. The mayor of fact that you signed off said objective, cowboy, fa lets me know you full little cock cock, Dad didn't catch it. In order for you to catch the football at the time, a catch was if a receiver goes to the ground, he must maintain possession throughout the entirety of the process. So coming in contact with the ground, basically you need to stand up and hand the ball to the official.
Speaker 4: Right, make the rule, bro.
Speaker 1: Calvin Johns, they said that president a year earlier, or maybe you know, two years earlier with the Calvin Johnson situation when he got when he caught the ball and tried to hit up with the ball with one hand and they said, nope, not a catch.
Speaker 3: So no, Dad didn't catch it. And Romo was too mistake prone.
Speaker 1: In order for you guys to win the Super Bowl, you can't be mistake prone and win the Super Bowl because you're gonna end up putting a defense at a disadvantage. So I disagree that had Romo had a real defense, he had a defense. Y'all had ten Pro Bowl players one year. Damn how many Pro Bowl players? There's only twenty two spots. Y'all had ten of them. No, Tony Fox says, oh, you're talking about both size the mind, back back in the offense. They put up forty one point, Bro, how many teams going fifty six? It's not the point. Oh oh Joe, Troy, it's not the point. How many games have you lost this year because of the red zone? Inactory? So what about Pheeling? Where'd you a running the game in Phily? If you didn't go if they went three for three?
Speaker 4: What did you go? See?
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't win. I give your credit.
Speaker 1: I say this is a good team because when your defense didn't have it, you're scoring forty one and y'all scoring forty one thirty five.
Speaker 3: Okay, your defense, you know what you say.
Speaker 1: You're a good defense. Can you do what you need to do when you have to three stops on fourth down? But damn, what you want me to do. I've been telling me what you want me to do, Troy, what you want me to do? I give them credit. You don't like the way I gave them credit. The fact of the matter is.
Speaker 4: You can critique.
Speaker 1: You can be pleased with something but not satisfied. That's your problem. And I told you. That's what's gonna get you in trouble because you accept things in a win you never would in the loss. Had they lost the game, would you have been okay with that? You wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: And then you're gonna talk about and penalties again.
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 1: You okay with the penalties? Nah, but depenality don't matter. We won the game, okay. I checked that with you a couple of weeks. Doctor Frankie L. Bellamie says, Today it's my birthday, man, please get a birthday shout out or a few calls to buy me some laportier. Doctor Frankie, Happy birthday. Chad just just come in and said his computer called on fire. See that what you get for being cheap. See your boy, comp you don't never catch on fire. Get on your cell phone. Happy birthday, doctor frank L.
Speaker 4: Bellamie.
Speaker 3: Appreciate your support. Man, uncat you j unco o Joe.
Speaker 1: That would be the first live event that not I can't we're broadcast from not including Ohow's wedding as I as I believe that's already been asked. Probably we're probably gonna have an event at the Super Bowl this year. We're definitely trying to get that worked out. Oho and I be at the same location, have a live audience. I think that would be really really cool and I can and wait for that to happen.
Speaker 3: Again. Guys, thank you for drawing joining us tonight.
Speaker 1: We were at three hundred and eighty thousand and then we can't gain any more subscribers the bucket. Okay, we're gonna we gain fifteen hundred follow us.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you click that light button, make sure you hit that subscribe button, so therefore you're notified every time that we're on. Congratulations to the winners. We really appreciate you following us. We also added a link scheve by Laportier. We pinned it to the top. Make sure you go and get one. Get a bottle for yourself or some loved ones with all the special occasions coming up.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us again.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys beat the Seahawks forty one thirty five dacree touchdowns. Geno Smith played very very well in a losing effort twenty three or forty one three thirty four, three touchdowns, one posession, But it was those fourth down failures in your midfield that are really doom the Seahawks. Congratulations to the Cowboys. Thank you for joining us, tune in catch us again on Sunday night after the game.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Hunks out