Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Mover's Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tom Keen with Paul Sweeney and Bloomberg's Alexis Christophers.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Oracle, because it is down more than nine percent here pre market. Let's remember, though, the stock is up thirty five percent in just the past three months. So Oracle, after yesterday's closing bell out with a really solid quarterly earnings report, a strong AI growth. But what Wall Street's fixating on, and we see this with a lot of companies, is what's it going to be spending on? What are its capital expenses going forward? It plans to spend seventy billion dollars. That is much more than Wall Street was expecting. And you know, it's a database software company, but it's been refashioning itself as this provider of computing power for artificial intelligence work. So it's in barking on this massive build out of data centers for really it's the most important customer, which is open AI. And so we've got shares of Oracle under pressure today, Like I said, down more than nine percent.
Speaker 1: Give us another stock to save the moment.
Speaker 2: I'm all for it, all right, Let's go to Hugo Boss and throw a little fashion into our morning. So this stock is up nine percent. Fraser's Group of England, it's a British based company, of course, looking to buy the rest of Hugo Boss it doesn't already own for two point three billion dollars. This is cump Fraser, of course, back by billionaire Mike Ashley. They already own about twenty six percent of Hugo Boss. But Boss has been going through it. You know, they've been hit by software demand in China because they have those high end suits, you know, high end threads, persistent weakness, and women's wear because they're not just a men's wear company. Fraser owns sports Direct already. They want to add Hugo Boss to the portfolio. They made an all cash bid for the German label, and Bloomberg Intelligence is saying, you know, at a four percent premium, they're not so sure shareholders are going to go for it, but that there's nobody else really waiting in the wings and something needs to happen for Hugo Boston.
Speaker 1: Where is Julian Wilson today. That's a KPMG and about a roll up in all this fashion stuff, and she said, yeah, that's sort of the tendency.
Speaker 2: The other it's getting smaller, you know, the industry is getting smaller. One my trips over to London for Bloomberg, I've got to pack the dress shoes. That's a problem. Hugo Boss store in our building opened up early.
Speaker 1: I got my shoes.
Speaker 2: Since then, I've been a huge fan of full service.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's stick with fashion and go stitch Fix, the online personal styling service up one point three percent. It looks like the turnaround started by their CEO, Matt Bear a couple of years ago is finally taking hold. They have reversed to client and clients. They're revamping their personal shopping features, improving the consumer experience. They're posting year over year revenue growth quarter over quarter. Active client growth still down year over year. By the way, on active client growth, some of the newest ways for clients to shop and engage a of course, it's using AI powered style visualization tools. I don't know what that means, but it sounds awfully fancy, and things like that are bringing people back, you know, highly customized shopping experiences, bringing people's back to stitch.
Speaker 1: Fix this stock Moover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.