Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jack Katie and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: The two positions are still pretty far apart. Actually, the Ukrainians have essentially signed on to a thirty day ceasefire without any preconditions, whereas the Russians are saying they want all the root causes, as they put it, that caused the conflict with Ukraine to be sorted out before the weapons are silenced. Now, one of the things that the Krelin scoffed at was the idea of any sort of Western peacekeepers on the ground in Ukraine to sort out the fact and enforce any sort of cease fire, saying that would create new root causes, as they put it.
Speaker 2: As CNN's version of the.
Speaker 4: Preview of the Trump Putin call, which is going on as we speak right now, a bit of a messaging. Well, let me hear what Peter Doocey says here from Fox on the same story.
Speaker 5: White House officials are disputing a report by Semaphore that to seal a peace deal, President Trump could recognize CRIMEA as Russian territory, and as E spokesman Brian Hughes tells Fox, we have made no such commitments and we will not negotiate this deal through the media. However, President Trump is openly speculating about Ukrainian concessions.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we'll we'll be talking about land.
Speaker 6: We're already talking about that, dividing up certain assets.
Speaker 4: Well, it's interesting that Fox positioned it that way, since I read Ian Bremmer's tweet earlier, where Crimea is gone and everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: Even Zolensky knows that.
Speaker 4: So positioning it as the White House pushing back on stories that Trump might give up CRIMEA, Well, okay, Zelensky knows he's going to give up CRIMEA. So don't act like it's a big giveaway if Trump is on that.
Speaker 1: All I can come up with is Trump is dangling it as he is. Something he knows Putin must have. Now it's just a question of terms of lad Let's talk about how you get I'm fine with you get in crime here, here's.
Speaker 2: What it'll cost you.
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes sense. There was a messaging problem yesterday, as the White House spokesman, who I haven't memorized her name.
Speaker 1: Yet Caroline Levett. Okay, a forceful young gal, isn't she.
Speaker 4: She said, we're on the ten yard line of a piece deal between Ukraine and Russia.
Speaker 2: And then Marco.
Speaker 4: Rubio, the secret of State, was asked about that and he said, we're not even close to a piece deal, so not on the same page. Whoops, ten yard line and not even closer, not the same thing. And which the other headline? We're on the other ten yard line where yeah, we just received the kickoff and we were starting in our own tan, fumble.
Speaker 2: It and had to go backward to pick it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody needs to specify which ten yard line? And here, at least in her defense, Caroline Levitt is able to speak the English language, unlike her predecessor.
Speaker 4: And here's Trump talking about the phone call and what they're trying to accomplish.
Speaker 6: We're speaking with President Putin of Russia to save some soldiers who are in deep trouble. They're captured, essentially, they're surrounded by Russian soldiers. But it's a bad situation in Russia, and it's a bad situation in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: What's happening in Ukraine is not.
Speaker 6: Good but we're going to see if we can work to a peace agreement, to ceasefire and peace, and I think we'll be able to do.
Speaker 2: Your response to that, good luck.
Speaker 4: If I'm putin, unless I have unless there's some internal information where he's really struggling, and some people say that the economy certainly is, he's lost a lot of soldiers. But other than that, I'm thinking I'm winning. I'm taking back land. The United States is pressuring them, not me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see Putin saying why are we having a ceasefire? I'm gaining ground every day and I've got plenty of North Korean machine gun fodder waiting to be fed into the battle. The only thing I can come up with, back to your what sort of pressure is he on? Under point is how much heat is he getting from the oligarchs who are seeing their wealth and their financial slash commercial connections around the world being shut off?
Speaker 2: And right, I don't know that it's mysterious.
Speaker 4: And is with any dictator, he has to worry about the support of other powerful people who might at some point decide to put a bullet in the back of his head and have a different.
Speaker 2: Person in charge. Right, that's always on the table when you're a dictator. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Your network of support is pretty small, so more easily turned. On the other hand, it's tough to get a coup going against the dictator, as everybody knows.
Speaker 4: Anyway, brought you up to speed on that. We'll see if any information leaks out from the phone call today.
Speaker 1: I think it's impossible to make a prediction about how it might come out. Oh really is no Speaking of military action, this one a lot more easily understood. Donald Jay has brought a completely new attitude toward dealing with the Hohothies who have been firing with near impunity on commercial and naval vessels, including ours now for months.
Speaker 2: And months and months and months and months, and.
Speaker 1: Watching the process of dealing with them under the weakest, most pathetic senile US president history, Joe Biden. You'd have thought that, well, there's nothing you could do. I mean, they're just a medicine blah blah blah. Well Trump has said, no, no, they're not much. As you know, the Biden administration said the border is secure, as hundreds of thousands of people were flowing in every month, and then it just stopped under Trump. Trump is whooping the hell out of the Hoothies and has promised them and their sponsors in Iran that it's going to continue until they are subdued, unless they subdue themselves willingly. And that's going to be interesting to see unfold, said Marco Rubio. Willie essentially echoed what Trump was saying, and he said that the strike should be seen as the opening salvos of a sustained campaign.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Some of the people involved in those missile launches are no longer with us, and I can tell you that some of the facilities that they used are no longer existing, and that will continue. Instead of the idiotic Biden policy of all right, missile launcher A launched a missile. It almost hit our ship. We will take out missile launcher A. Trump and Ruby are saying, no, how about we take out all of your missile launchers.
Speaker 2: Now, what are you going to do? Yeah? And the interesting thing is on the two.
Speaker 4: Aggressive social media posts that Trump has put out in the recent days, he starts talking about the Houthis, then turns it to Iran a couple days ago. Then last night he starts talking about Hamas and then turns it toward to Iran. So on the Huthi one, he talks about Houthis, you can't do this anymore overwhelming lethal force. But then he says, then he addressed the militants in Iran. Support for Huthi terrorists must end immediately, warning the government in Tehran that America will hold you fully accountable and we won't be.
Speaker 2: Nice about it. So he went from Huthi's to Iran, and then he did it again last night, every shot fired, blah blah blah blah blah, talking about uh Hamas and the Houthis, and then he gets to Iran again. Let me find this, got it right in front of me, right, at least I thought I did.
Speaker 4: Every shot fired by the Houthis will be looked upon from this point ford as being a shot fired from the weapons and leadership of Iran, and Iran will be held responsible and suffer the consequences, and those consequences will be dire. So it's all in the opposite way that the Biden administration wanted to handle it, as you've been playing out. They wanted to separate Iran and make it just seem like a moss and hoothise and we're you know how pinpricks here and there on those people.
Speaker 2: We don't want to war with you. Iran.
Speaker 4: Trump's going the other way, saying we'll go to war with you if this doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: At one point Biden himself admitted that the strikes had not deterred the Houthies, but said.
Speaker 2: We'll continue the same policy.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, they didn't want to escalate, and some people believe that hits on the Houthies would inflame regional tensions and boost their recruitment.
Speaker 2: And then the.
Speaker 1: Second claim or the second argument against Trump right now is, and I'm quoting what the Walston the National Review called the vulgar Marxian analysis provided by Glenn Greenwald, quote, the strikes are only a means by which the DC war machine and ensures that its coffers are always full and its own authority is always increasing. And these so cult restrainers and the Trump's pentagon might agree with this this critique. Meanwhile, global shipping has been held hostage by a bunch of scumbags, driving up costs and inflation and doubling shipping costs for all sorts of goods around the world. And Glenn, what are we supposed to do, send him a greeting card and an apology and maybe some flowers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's going to be interesting to watch how the politics of this plays out, because Israel is the best friend Trump is the best friend Israel they've ever had in a US president so far, and he's, you know, hey, Israel, do what you got to do, which could lead to confrontation with Iran obviously. And then we mentioned what Tucker Carlson tweeted out yesterday that don't let the propagandists lie to you. A bombing campaign will bring us into war with Iran, thousands of dead US soldiers, billions of dollars loss. So Tucker is really against getting into it with a Iran and that's I think Trump pays a.
Speaker 2: Fair amount of attention to the Tucker crowd. So I don't know how.
Speaker 4: I don't know how all those pieces are going to fit together as this plays out.
Speaker 1: I wonder does he pay attention to them as in is aware of them and wants to keep them at least on his side politically, or is he like swayed by them, really, I don't know. I don't know either. If you know, let us know mail bagging, armstrung he eddio. You don't know, so don't let him. Nobody knows.
Speaker 4: This will be the most interesting presidency in US history in terms of the history books, because nobody knows except for Donald Trump's brain, because it's not like he's writing this stuff down or you know, reading policy papers or whatever.
Speaker 1: On a completely different note, in consumer news, countries that had decided to go cash free have said, whoops, not a good idea.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And you got a guy eating a rat on the street in the Bronx getting a fair amount of attention. You watch commitedio uber news and that he's consuming a rat.
Speaker 2: You watch the video. I want a full team coverage of that boy. Do you carry cash around? Yeah? Yeah, some What do you think to write him out to have for cash? Oh? It depends entirely on your financial state. I don't know, does it. How often do you run into a situation where you need cash? Not often?
Speaker 1: If I need to get out of a restaurant in a hurry, for instance, you know, just saving that whole credit card thing.
Speaker 2: Leaving cash.
Speaker 1: Plus, I'd like to leave cash tips because then, you know, let's keep the government out of.
Speaker 2: The tipping process. Okay, decline what you want to. I don't do that. I kind of wish I did, but I'm not organized enough for that, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yes, Michael, I was raised to carry one hundred dollars if you can for an emergency.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that that certainly was true to time. But long as I have my watch on, I got all the money I need. I pay for everything else.
Speaker 1: Fancy pants have to watch that you you can pay with It sounded like you were going to pawn your watch.
Speaker 2: It's not very fancy pants. Yes, Katie, I have to tell you.
Speaker 7: Since you told me that you can pay with your watch, I have never looked back.
Speaker 2: Oh I know.
Speaker 7: Oh that is the That is the easiest thing on the planet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I pay for my restaurant meals or whatever.
Speaker 7: They just gas station store everything anything with the tap option.
Speaker 2: The gas station.
Speaker 4: It's the best because you don't have to press the million mess you don't have to press the million buttons. Yeah, huh interesting. Anyway, we got reports on all that on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here some more business news.
Speaker 6: Hasbro said that they're trying to get teenagers and adults to buy more of their toys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool to do optimist prime transforms into a.
Speaker 2: Vaight pen trying to get in on the legos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the first thing I thought they figured out why Lego is making easy money off of in cell thirty year old dudes spending way too much money on freaking legos as an adult, and they're trying to get in on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think there are any childhood toys that I would like at this point in my life.
Speaker 2: But I'm not a.
Speaker 1: Thirty year old in cell either, So speaking of consumer news, I found this interesting and sobering and sickening. So it wasn't long ago that in Sweden, and there are a couple of other countries name check in the name checked in this article I'm looking at. But in twenty eighteen, non official in Sweden predicted that by twenty twenty five the country would be cashless probably and that is to a large extent true. Just one in ten purchases in Sweden are made with cash, and a credit card's most common form of payment. But now the Swedish and Norwegian governments, which have the lowest amount of cash in circulation as a percent of GDP in the world, are saying to their peeps. Hey, y'all, remember that cash free thing. How about your stockpile some cash because the world is so vulnerable to cyber attacks wow from Russia and China.
Speaker 2: Wow. And if that hits your credit card is just just a piece of plastic. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could. I could at various times if the electronics went down. Maybe not, I be scraping together nickels and quarters from you know whatever that side pocket is in your car door to come up with any cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And you know it's it's practically inevitable. And I don't mean to freak anybody out. I'm freaked out by this myself, but there will come a day and it could last for a week or a month or a year when the the poop hits the fan and we're at you know, damn near a hot war with China, and it's volleys of cyber attacks going on back and forth, and our entire banking system is paralyzed for x amount of time, a couple of days easily, or like one or two megabanks have all of their hard drives erased or something.
Speaker 2: I hope that's not possible. I guarantee you it is, so. I wonder how much cash. Okay, now I'm back on your side, Michael.
Speaker 4: I wonder how much cash a pushing should have not in their pocket, but somewhere in their house case the hits.
Speaker 2: The f right. Yeah, I don't, I don't know. I mean, just be able to put gas in your car and uh.
Speaker 4: Of course I don't know. That'll probably shut down too. Okay, now I'm becoming a full prepper. The tanks will be shut down. I can't get gas, so I need to have big vats of gas in my garage and cash and a bit of a fire hazard there. But you know, you probably a lot. I hogged the slaughter. You're gonna get tired of pork. Ought to have a cow as well? Yeah, wow, holy cash?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I just I feel like as a country, we.
Speaker 1: Like have the hope diamond in our living room, and all we have is a screen door. In terms of security, we have a huge obvious target for those who would do us wrong or extort us into doing what they want, and the security feels a little screen doorsh to me. Anyway, I just thought that was interesting and good reminder of how fragile it all is.
Speaker 2: You know what, Yes, a person should probably have you know, five hundred bucks and twenties somewhere in their house. It's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Apple has put off its AI advances and stock has suffered. Maybe we could talk about that a little bit later on. Didn't get to the guy eating a rat on the street of the Bronx. On the streets to the Bronx. Well it's one street. I'm back to one street street of the Bronx. Yes, Oh, it's a little tough to take. I don't encourage you to watch the video.
Speaker 2: Does it have greater significance than other than the video went viral?
Speaker 1: Of course it does. Yeah, it's a symbol of our modern world.
Speaker 2: Okay, stay with us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: Forever twenty one is going out of business. The fashion company filed for bankruptcy for a second time Sunday. For every twenty one stores will still remain open for now, but the company says it's starting a quote orderly wind down and will have liquidation sales.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm a capitalist, and I just find it fascinating how brands can become you know, stores, whatever, you know, a brand of any kind, it can become hot and popular and successful and make money and then go away over time for they just do. It's just part of the whole thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Part of it is that China now is flooding the US with these super cheap, quickly man manufactured, fast fashions Shine and Tamu as a Tamo or TEAMO, I don't actually care. And I wonder whether the on shoring of manufacturing that Trump and JD. Vans are working on, which we'll be talking about more at length tomorrow, are going to bear some fruit in that direction.
Speaker 2: Interesting to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't ever quite understand when big companies go bankrupt what it actually means, because I saw an open red lobster the other day. My son and I were going to a different restaurant, but there was an open red lobster. Which isn't how many times they've gone bankrupt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, obviously you can sell off assets or your creditors get them, or they think, yeah, you can turn this around. We'll give you a little more money, to variety of outcomes. But speaking of the world, well, we'll get to the world of business in a second. But I thought this was interesting, and this gets no attention unless you dig into you know, whether our show or other alternative more conservative leaning media. But Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy, who is a very serious guy and I think is going to do a hell of a good job, announced he would launch a full investigation in allegations that a DEI activist offered air traffic candidates the chance to cheat on an entry exam at the FAA. If it's true, swift accountability, you will come for these those responsible. We need the best and brightest, not buzzword DEI hires, d Duffy wrote. He announced his in career after a top DEI activist was reportedly caught on voicemail offering minority air traffic controller candidates the opportunity to cheat on an entry exam.
Speaker 2: Wow, if that's true, that is outrageous.
Speaker 1: I would say, can you think of anything more horrifying, meal like cheating on brain surgery exams in the name of DEI or something like that.
Speaker 2: But let's see.
Speaker 1: Shelton Snow, an influential figure at the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees, left a voicemail that said, quote allegedly, there are some valuable pieces of information that I have taken a screenshot of and I'm going to send you that via email. I am about ninety nine point nine to nine percent sure that this is exactly how you need to answer each question.
Speaker 4: Well, if you believe in the concept of disparate impact, which I don't, but the Supreme Court does that.
Speaker 2: If you don't have.
Speaker 4: Equal results of gender and race in the makeup of anything, then by definition your hiring standards are racist or sexist, or your tests are racist or sexist, then.
Speaker 2: You gotta do this, don't you. I mean, how else are you going to get the right result you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a perverse and wrong philosophy, but yeah, people believe that that's it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 1: There's another article about DEI that I wanted to get to at one point, but it makes the same mistake that all of them make. They think DEI is actually about diversity, and it's not.
Speaker 2: At its truth.
Speaker 1: Real activists believe in the whole critical theory.
Speaker 2: It's a racist country.
Speaker 1: The only difference between the achievement of you know, group X and group Y is racism, and therefore anything we do to change those results or be racist against the other people is justified. Nice, well meaning people think no, they just want to make sure that for instance, a black person gets an opportunity to get a job. No, that's not what DEI is. Well it masquerades is that.
Speaker 4: I didn't read this article on the Wall Street Journal today, but I saw the headline very one I was referencing.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, it is what the basics the headline is.
Speaker 4: It went all in on DEI and now no one at Morgan Stanley is.
Speaker 1: Happy, right, yeah, yeah, everybody's miserable and angry at each other and they're like, wow, this didn't help with diversity and inclusion and this didn't accomplish its goals.
Speaker 2: Well, that's because those aren't the goals.
Speaker 4: This is like the studies have shown that when you do sexual harassment training at work, it leads to.
Speaker 2: More sexual harassment. Yeah.
Speaker 1: To me, it's just brainstorming. Anyway, this story is beyond the pale. Here is this woman, Lydia Mogombe, age forty nine, who is the United Nations judge whatever that is on the UN International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals or.
Speaker 2: Ier MA, And she was also.
Speaker 1: A fellow at Columbia University Institute for the Study of Human Rights, whose fellows work to quote address some aspect of the history of gross human rights violations in their society, country, and or region. In twenty seventeen, this woman is one of the leading lights in human rights at Columbia University and the un Well. She was convicted a couple of days ago of slavery.
Speaker 2: Wowing not woke. Slaves is not woke?
Speaker 1: Yes, she I believe was living yet in London or in the UK at the time. She was convicted of trafficking a young woman to the United Kingdom and forcing her to work as a slave. Wow, exploited and abused the victim, prosecutor said, forcing her to work as an unpaid maid and caregiver while barring her from seeking other employee employment. A jury found Mugambe guilty of multiple offenses, including facilitating legal immigration, forced labor, and witness intimidation.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's our moral overlord. What's going on there? Is the person completely nuts that they convinced themselves that this is different somehow? What is what is that?
Speaker 1: I think she argued, just judging from some of the statements made by her and her defense, that hey, look, this is an incredible opportunity for this gal. I brought her to the UK here habit a slave is really handy. On top of that, you know what the justification boils down to is indentured servitude. Look, I paid for her to get over here. I feed and clothe her, give her a place to stay. She owes me five years of service, and we know she can't go find a better job. She's my permanent employee, whether she likes it or not. The term slave is so judgmental. I treat her really nice. She just can't go anywhere. Do anything I say is not okay. For several years, I'll beat her. Yes, anyway, let's see moving along, just a little bingo bango bongo, as we say, moving from story to story.
Speaker 2: Worth you knowing about?
Speaker 1: Really interesting analysis by Charles Lane about MAHA versus the junk food lobby, the make America Healthy again folks versus junk food and the most interesting part of that, God, I gotta believe the junk food lobby has got a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my gosh. Yeah, we're gonna get to that in a second.
Speaker 1: But obesity and its evil twin, diabetes are absolutely killing American health.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows that. And both of those.
Speaker 1: Ailments disproportionately afflict the poor, quoting mister Lane. Now, yet for years, the federal government has been paying force. The federal government has been paying Charles mm. Taxpayers have been paying for soda, cookies, candy, and other nutritionally empty, obesity engendering foods bya its main source of anti hunger aid for low income people, the SNAP Program Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program previously known as food stamps. And anybody who tries to limit or ban the use of SNAP benefits for junk food gets hammered with accusations of being a racist if it happens to be people of color, or let's see what's the other this shame's the poor or violates their freedom of choice, according to quote unquote activists. Well, what's interesting about some of these activists is.
Speaker 2: Who they are. There's a lot of money in play.
Speaker 1: Based on the best available data, roughly one fifth one fifth now of the ninety four billion dollars that SNAP beneficiary spent in last year, or about nineteen billion dollars, went towards sugary drinks, snack foods, and candy.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Now, a quarter of that nineteen billion dollars was spent at Walmart based on a study of snap beneficiary shopping patterns. Defenders of the status quot would have you believe that banning candy again shames the poor.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: This is just another way to cut benefits, said Gina Plato Nino Nino, deputy director of the DC nonprofit Food Research and Action set her. It's like, how do we restrict people more? How do we stigmatize them even more? Listener bravely standing up for the right of poor people to get obesity and diabetes on the tax period of time. Well, the Food Research and Action Center that she works for, the nonprofit, the chair Doubles is the chief food lobbyist for Craft Times.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Its funders include Walmart General Mills Kellogg. During the Biden administration, the Department of Agriculture funded Frack two. And that's the activist. We can't restrict these people. In twenty twenty three, it received a two million dollar grant to conduct and support research.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Obviously that's a lot of conflicts of interest, right, Oh my goodness. Yeah, and staff already bars them using the money on alcohol or restaurant meals or even prepared meals from grocery store food bars. So you can't get like the fried chicken there at the deli or a prepared meal, but you can buy candy and a coke, right, And we've always heard from people who say that it's quite easy to get around these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you hear somebody saying the stigmatizes the poor, it's unfair.
Speaker 2: It eliminates the freedom of choice.
Speaker 1: That's somebody profiting mightily from their obesity. Interesting. So quick word from our friends at prize picks. You love the sports like we do well, Prize Picks is the best way to get in action on sports in more than thirty states.
Speaker 2: The app is really easy to use.
Speaker 1: To create a lineup on price picks, all you do is pick more or less at a few player stats for your shot to win up to a thousand times your money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, do you think Lebron will score more than twenty four this week? Or you know, whatever your favorite player is and whatever numbers you're looking at. Turn your sports opinions into money by downloading the Prize Picks app and getting involved. Sign up today and get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars You don't even need to win to reset the fifty dollars bonus.
Speaker 2: It's guaranteed. It's part of the deal.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks offers Venmo, Apple pay MasterCard more for quick and easy deposits in your account. This sports season, they pay off crazy, crazy quick. So again, download the price picks after today. Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars. Lineup Prize picks, run your game. Remember that code Armstrong. Prize picks, run your game.
Speaker 2: So are you surprised? No word yet out of the Putin Trump phone call of any kind.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're both gonna just keep their cards close to the vest. Or do you say chest because these are delicate negotiations.
Speaker 2: Do you think we'll hear much today at all? You think it'll okay? We had a very good phone call, very constructive topics.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think it'll be very vague, vague and positive sounding. Wow, Trump will say again we've got to stop the killing. Will he put any pressure, actual pressure on Poot.
Speaker 2: That's what I wonder. I wonder this now.
Speaker 1: Jd Vance is super steeped in history, and I think he knows, But I wonder if Trump is aware that Vladimir Putin really doesn't care how many guys he gets killed. That's the history of Russian warfare. They will young men are born to be killed in warfare in the Russian tradition. That's rough so appealing to Putin. We've got to stop the killing. Putin's like, I don't care.
Speaker 4: So one of the hottest viral videos out there, it's kind of gross.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to watch it.
Speaker 4: Joe watched it, so we'll get full team coverage on a viral video.
Speaker 2: Is that what we are now?
Speaker 1: You don't have the courage to watch the important videos in the news today, Jack, guys eating a rat?
Speaker 2: You need to face out to it. These are rat eating times. Huh. So we got that and other stuff all the.
Speaker 1: Way, Ladies and gentlemen, we take you to the streets of the Bronx.
Speaker 2: This is unbelievably Nah, I gotta get out the wall. I want to see this rat watching a man eat a rat.
Speaker 1: Sushi style uncooked. I know you're wondering. Let's just get right to it. It is the call of the wild. It is white fang on the streets of the bronx. It's a guy killing and uh boy, I want to say it.
Speaker 2: Is this a homless stud or a drug addict sort of person?
Speaker 1: I doubt he's real gainfully employed. He's a street broker. He has the look of a street person, no doubt. He's wearing crocs for one thing. So he's down and out. How does he catch a lot? He catches a live rat or a dead rat. That's not how he procured the rat. He could have gotten it from the rat store. Jack.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's unclear. It's not easy to catch a rat unless you're practiced at the art. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Indeed, this woman came onto the scene at the point that the fellow was preparing his meal.
Speaker 4: He was already barrated, and then she says, what is he going to do? Let's see what he does with this thing, and then.
Speaker 2: He eats it. Yeah, he begins, yes, Yes.
Speaker 1: The New York Department of Health has cautioned residents against eating raw rats. Oh don't do or don't don't heed rats, Okay, thank you, because they can carry a variety of illnesses, including trichinosis, don't you know, and and grossiteria.
Speaker 2: I mean it's disgusting. So did he maybe, but like it had the feet and the tail, the head, the oh that's not it was a rat. It was a rat.
Speaker 4: Yes, so yes, so he didn't prepare it. He didn't get his missing claws in place. And and then, uh, I don't even know what that is filled dress. That would be getting your your all year different to your little bowls with all your spices, and get your knights. It's it's getting everything ready to cook.
Speaker 2: Jack, Yeah, exactly what what are you thinking of for a garnish? There? Friend? Uh? Yeah, not not clear at all the comments online. Naturally thinking about an old button that had to be a good garnish. Maybe maybe a battery I found on the sidewalk, double a battery.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking a nice toshed spinach shallow with me a little uh, strawberry and walnut to balance the rattiness.
Speaker 2: In the main dish. And then maybe the sock I found some saut potatoes a little fiddle. Right, So you you watched the video?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: It's pretty gross.
Speaker 1: It's it's distant enough that it's not as horrible as you might guess, but it's.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the whole thing? No?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, do you want me to you want me to go for it? This is a news program.
Speaker 7: We need to He's holding the rat up and he spreads the stomach apart, and he sticks his face into it.
Speaker 2: And when he pulls the rat away.
Speaker 1: From his face, there is a string of all right, all right, people are driving off the road all over America right now.
Speaker 2: This was a bad idea Katie news program. This is going into your permanent file. I asked for it. Yeah, my favorite, my my favorite comment online was new Pandemic in three two. Right, holy cow.
Speaker 1: Now in most mainstream media, he will be described as a homeless man, right because homeless because of high housing prices, equity one medical bill.
Speaker 2: And systemic racism and uh rent prices.
Speaker 1: It's not at all that he's a transient drug addict, obviously, and so out of his mind on trank or god knows what else he's.
Speaker 4: Well, you are out of your mind because it's in New York and like a lot of blue cities, there are so many flip and food programs.
Speaker 2: You're not going to starve well or dumpster dive for the love of heaven, yeah you yeah.
Speaker 4: And then on the street, as far as we know, I mean, because that's what we do. We just leave people like it because you're not not our business to tell them how to live their lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: It's progressives that will let people die and eat rats on the sidewalk instead of saying, all right, this guy's out of his mind.
Speaker 2: He's eating a rat.
Speaker 1: He's obviously mentally ill, let's help him. Oh no, No, that's when progressives are in favor of liberty. When your kids want to go to school during COVID, no, not so much.
Speaker 4: If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty