Speaker 1: Hi, Sabrina. Hey, well, can you do me a favorite and show me your little microphone thing?
Speaker 2: I love it so much.
Speaker 3: It's a magical I feel like an official, official, official podcaster Saberina Briant.
Speaker 1: The weirdest thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 2: I know, I look at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really cool obviously, and yours would.
Speaker 3: Be perfect because mine you can't even now.
Speaker 2: I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Need to get a pedestal of some sort wear.
Speaker 1: My but with my God, it looks I don't know if it's the way it's at the angle of the camerader, but it looks shute.
Speaker 2: It is kind of massive.
Speaker 3: It is like I feel like it now needs to be like I mean, even if I could just get it to where it yeah.
Speaker 1: Like put it on a book or something. You can put it on like a dictionary. Remember what the dictionary is. You can find them. There's books behind you. You get figure it out. Yea. Anyway, I wanted to see it, but welcome to Magical Rewind and that was our intro. I love it. Yes, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pgs and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart the Waves, Tsunamis and the High School's Musical. I'm Wilford Dell.
Speaker 2: And I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 1: Well, we got one for you this week. It is time to enter the holy world of spirits and high profile actors. Because we watched two thousand and two's comedy horror d com the screen team, Sabrina just got me thinking we are reviewing a scary dcom. Yet here we are smack dab in the middle of summer. It's a thousand degrees outside, so I have to ask, what's an acceptable time for people to start decorating.
Speaker 3: Okay, this actually will kind of blur into my first thoughts. I get so angry when I go into a store like hobby lobby or like a go home decourse store, a home home goods, uh, you know anywhere that if it's before July fourth and you are starting to put out fall stuff, I start to get angry. I'm not ready. I feel like, especially we just got through June and it was like cold in June a little bit right, like it wasn't even maybe that.
Speaker 2: Right, not as bad as in southern California.
Speaker 3: I'm speaking for myself, obviously, I'm not speaking for the nation.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, I mean also for us in LA like you're always cooler in Orange County than world, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, closer, Yeah, but still July is not the time to start thinking about fall. We are dead set in the summer for US moms or anyone that's still involved in school of any sort, this is our heyday, right, we get July, especially because school is starting to start so much earlier, like early August. They're cutting they're cutting our summers off short already. Do not talk to me about fall in July. And here's where it happens. That is my worst place. And this for me to say something negative about.
Speaker 2: Disneyland is rare.
Speaker 3: July's like I think it's either July fifth or even like they start the end of the Night July fourth, well obviously, because I think by July fifth it is like starting to be fall at Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah it was. We were in Costco the other day and they're selling like all the big skeletons stuff and I was like, what, just give me a hot dog. We're not here yet.
Speaker 2: So I think that's what happened with this movie.
Speaker 3: When I saw the title I started the movie, I instantly went yeah, Tara, Lisa, Mikayla, Maddie. I don't know whose fault this is, but probably I am now angry. No, I'm not angry, but I'm just like, I'm not ready. I'm not ready me.
Speaker 2: What about you? What's an acceptable time for you?
Speaker 1: October twenty eighth. I know who I am With stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I know I could do fall stuff end of September, like Chris birthdays in August, August thirty, first, September first, you can start hitting me with the fall stuff.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: October first is when I think Halloween, Halloween stuff, like yeah.
Speaker 1: But again I close my eyes and it's Christmas. That's just it's happened so fast.
Speaker 3: It's yes, and thanks thanks for Thanksgiving will start coming out, you know.
Speaker 2: Mid September.
Speaker 3: Stuff for Christmas will be out mid October, and it's like you just rushed the end of the year and I'm not ready for it. And those are my favorite. I love Halloween, I love Thanksgiving, I love the holidays.
Speaker 2: I do. Don't rush it, though, don't rush it.
Speaker 1: I agree. Well. The Disney Channel celebrated Halloween in two thousand and two on October fourth, when this movie debut is part of their Spooky programming block, and it was not a This was a somewhat ignored dcom despite a big name cast and it being an early starring role of a well future star. But over the years it's developed a little bit of a cult following, as have all of the somewhat creepy decoms. This one has elements of Ghostbusters, Beatlejuice, Casper, and even a little bit of past Disney original movie Tower of Terror. Right, Yeah, not Tower of Tower, Tower of Terror. A Tower of Tower is just a lame movie about a tower. We don't talk a whole lot about producers here on Magical Rewind, but it is worth mentioning that Scream Team was produced by Heartbreak Films, a company owned by two of my friends, Paula Hart and her daughter, Melissa Joanhart. Paula is a powerhouse producer with a legendary story about how she purchased the rights to Sabrina the Teenage which herself for mere pennies on the dollar, Like it was like a dollar or five dollars. It was crazy. The story's amazing and it turned into a juggernaut franchise for ABC and her daughter she is a pit bull. We love her for it. She's an incredible producer and actually a really nice person. And this movie was set to be a TV pilot, something we've seen before, most notably for Zombies and of course the Unforgot. I love just saying this, the unforgettable fuzz bucket, uh bugget. And once the show wasn't greenlit, they pivoted to a dcom And one more piece of niche trivia for you, or niche if you want to mispronounce it. This was the last movie to use the iconic nineties Disney logo. They changed to a much more updated version right after this. Now I gotta ask every week. I know the answer to this already. Did you know? Had you heard of the Scream Team?
Speaker 3: I had not heard of it?
Speaker 1: And this is like right in your wheelhouse of time two thousand and two. It was like mid Cheetah Girls.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, or well we had we had just started filming. We filmed in two thousand and two, so like but like truly I was watching so many dcoms, right, so many dcoms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did know this one. It was my favorite movie for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, never well, have no fear. You two can get to know the Scream Team because it's available to stream on Disney Plus right alongside the obscure nineties cartoons Gargoyles. Yeah, that's right, you too can follow the adventures of reawakened Scottish Gargoyles who find themselves in modern day New York. Totally normal and not at all unhinched plot for kids on a Saturday morning. But you can watch the Scream Team or Gargoyles really before or after our recap. That's on you, and now run to the Pumpkin Festival named after a man who murdered his wife. Because it's time for the synopsis. Siblings Ian and Claire Carlisle team up with a trio of ghosts known as the Soul Patrol to save their grandfather's spirit from an angry, mis understood spirit. I thought Soul Patrol was that guy Taylor Hicks or whatever who won American Idol that one year.
Speaker 2: Soul Patrol.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he the Sole Patrol? He was the Soul Patrol. I think I'm ninety percent sure I'm right about that. Yeah, but you don't know, okay, I love that, you know, of.
Speaker 2: Course, more about American idol than I do.
Speaker 1: That's the jelly Taylor Taylor Hicks, Taylor Hickson something like that. Yeah, he was the sole patrol. Yeah, I'm right there, we go, thank you, so control. Okay, we've held this in long enough. Early feelings scream team go what did you do?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: I got really excited when I saw the cast. I was actually very excited to see more of a what did we name it? Eda and early decom era movie that we have. I don't know when the last time we've really jumped in. I guess it wasn't too long ago. But still I'm like in the Descendant's realm right now, so I'm in like all like new Age, so it was nice to kind of jump back in. Then about twenty minutes into it, I went, oh no, yeah, this movie wasn't for me.
Speaker 1: I thought it's so funny. I thought exactly the same thing, to the point where I actually, maybe fifteen minutes in, texted producer Jensen. I was like, this movie isn't bad. And about minutes later, five to seven minutes later, I was like, this is bored. I mean, it was just it's it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, it was crazy enough. There's a lot to it into like this. The special effects of its time. We're actually pretty good, like they would. The cast is great. I mean, it's like it's crazy that, you know, so when we get into it, I think it's gonna be storyline. I think, just like the it just kind of lagged. We could have gotten some more heightened things. I don't know, it just kind of it lagged for me. And it started happening I think pretty early on, not like you know, an hour in. It was like twenty between twenty and thirty minutes. I went, yeah, oh my gosh, I thought this has been a lot longer than.
Speaker 1: When I watched this movie in chunks. I had to watch the movie and chunks. Yeah, yeah, yeah. This was just I feel like they should have made the movie better. I think that would have helped. But anyway, it was directed by Stuart Gillard, a name we have mentioned before here. He's a prolific By the way, I want to get Stewart on the show. We have to.
Speaker 3: I feel like it is time we have time over right exactly.
Speaker 1: And he is a Canadian director, writer, and former actor. On the TV side, he's been behind the camera for episodes of The Outer Limits One Tree Hill and Charmed. And on the film side, he's best known for making the third teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and two Disney movies, Girl Versus Monster and the legendary d com Twitches. And we've already teased this, but what a cast. When we eventually get to our DCOM Award show, this one has to be considered for Best Ensemble. It really does. It has one of the greatest comedic actors of all time, possibly two, depending on how you look at it. Let's start with Mark Brendell, as Ian another Canadian. He began his career very young on stage in Oliver Twist, but has since been in movies like Thirty Days of Night and Charlie Bartlett. Plus he played Bastian in The Never Ending Story TV show. He was most recently seen on the show Ginny and Georgia, and he played Roger Stone in the twenty twenty four movie The Apprentice and we have a very familiar name in twenty twenty six. Kat Dennings is his sister Claire. Kat is best known for playing Max Black on the sitcom Two Broke Girls, and currently is the star of Shifting Gears alongside Tim Allen. Her signature deadpan delivery and sharp wit can also be seen in the Marvel universe as Darcy Lewis and the Thorror movies and WandaVision. Are you a Cat Deennings fan? Yes? Yes, she was also great in Forty Year Old Virgin. She's just very funny.
Speaker 3: Well, especially too, like talking about like you know, we're we must be like pretty similar in age. I saw her at a lot of auditions, like she was one of those one of those actors that came into the room that we've talked about with other actors.
Speaker 2: And interviews that you're just like, ah, damn it, she's here.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, so if it's the if it's the right role, we might as all just go home, right, But like seeing her on camera, it's like she's just she's a star, an absolute star.
Speaker 1: She is. She's very good at what she does, and she's got such a specific delivery and it's very very funny. Yeah, and now here comes a bit of a murder's row of comedy. First up the legend Eric idol As Coffin ed He is an English comedian, actor, author, singer, playwright, director and songwriter. A true renaissance man. He is a founding member of one of the greatest, most incredible sketch comedy teams of all time, Monty Python. Their early seventies sketch show Monty Python's Flying Circus on BBC was revolutionary and movies like Life of Brian and Holy Grail are beyond classics. As a kid, I used to literally memorize and just with my friends just repeat over and over and over against some of their skits. They are just the best, with the latter by the way of the Holy Grail being turned into a musical Spam a Loot, which is a Tony and Grammy winner for Best Musical. You've also seen him in the Adventures of Baron Munchausen, great movie, the similarly themed Casper, and National Lampoon's European Vacation. He is absolutely the Dabney Reynolds seat is occupied by this man. It could even be the Dabney Reynolds Idol seat because it is just amazing. Wow. Next up, another hysterical actor, Tommy Davidson, is Jumper. Davidson was a stand up comedian who broke onto the scene in another revolutionary comedy, Troupe in Living Color, which if you have not watched in living go back and watch it. It's amazing. It is a ninety sketch show on Fox that was a cultural phenomenon. Not only did it change the way comedy was seen forever, it helped establish Fox's a real network, push black comedy into the mainstream, and created the Super Bowl Halftime show as we know today and you're thinking, wait, what what are you talking about? Well, they ran a counter programming against the halftime show nineteen ninety two and lured roughly twenty to twenty five million viewers away from CBS. After that, the NFL started booking splashier and more relevant acts to perform to capitalize on the ratings. Davidson was also in movies like Booty Call and Black Dynamite, and could be heard as Oscar Proud in Disney's The Proud Family. You're just laughing at the title Booty Call, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Well, I've seen the movie, and so it just kind of makes it funny that now he's like in it, just.
Speaker 1: Like from Booty Call. The scream tea exactly.
Speaker 3: Crazy wow, like what what a name?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 1: And to round out the three, Kathy and Jimmy is Mariah. We know her as a Disney pro. She played Mary Sanderson and he already recapped hocus Pocus. She was also Sister Mary Patrick and Sister Act, a movie that catapulted her to start him. She's also the voice of Peggy Hill and King of the Hill and dcom Wise, she was also in the very first Descendants movie. A lot of Disney legends of this thing because they are not just well known comedians, they've all worked for the studio before. So despite having four comedic powerhouses on the call sheet, the Scream Team isn't in the clear yet because we hear a magical rewind like a ninety minute movie, and nothing else can't be more, can't be less. Our time is precious and we know everything can be done exactly an hour and a half. So where do we stand with this one? Well, the Scream Team runs a hundred minutes. A hundred minutes, I'm leaving a terrible showing. If you asked me my opinion, ten minutes over the target, and I can't imagine it needed those ten minutes. No disappointing. I'm kidding. I would have added more fireballs and a lot less. I'm going into town we'll get into that. And when it comes to the screenplay, we have a story by credit for Robert Short, a visual effects artist with only a few writing credits to his name, but listen to his resume when it comes to working on effects. Wow, Beetlejuice, Cocoon, Et Star, Trek, Joe Versus the Volcano, and he designed the Aliens and Close Encounters of the Third Kind and the Mermaid and Splash. I mean it's just like, yikes, yikes, gee. Yeah, and the screenplay was written by another person. We need to get on the pod, and we need to get him on the pod very quickly because he's a familiar name to both our listeners and Melissa Joan Hart. That's Dan Berenson. I think we've been saying that, right Berenson, Yeah, pretty sure. He was a Sabrina writer who became the go to for Disney or one of them. His IMDb page includes Up, Up and Away, Eddie's Million Dollar Cookoff, Stuck in the Suburbs, Halloween Town, High Twitches one and two, The Cheetah Girls, One World, Hannah Montana, the movie Wizards of Waverley Place, the movie Camp Rock two, and teen Beach two. Wow, is Dan Marinson sort of the low key dcom daddy? Is he the d coom step daddy?
Speaker 3: I don't think we need any more daddy, do we not? Yeah, we gotta get him, like maybe he's like a lord of some sort or.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we will bend the need to him because he should come here and yeah.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Dad, hit us up, really incredible. All right, time to crack open those library books your grandpa had. Because this is the Scream Team. We start off with some funky eight bit rap song about clapping her hands and rolling with the Scream Team. If this was made in twenty twenty six, you would swear it's an AI song with the prompt make the Ghostbuster song just close enough so I don't get sued. Once it's so it is, it's like, who are you gonna call the Scream Team? Like, Nope, that's not how it goes. Once the music ends, we are inside a house. We see a handful of spirits. That's ghosts, by the way, not alcohol. But they're not really ghosts. They're almost translucent shooting stars in their flying room to room, talking to each other looking for someone who just passed away. They hear police sirens and someone entering the house, so they quickly take off, which leads me to believe then that in this world everyone can see the ghosts. Yep. So it's not like they're not picking who can see them, just everyone can see the ghosts. Trying to figure out the rules. People on their way out, they see an old man on a recliner as a woman and the police officer walk inside. She came by to help him carve some pumpkins and found him like this. He's dead. Quickest dead person in dcom history, by the way.
Speaker 3: First that was the first spree to seas. We are not thirty seconds in and we have somebody dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, all the credits Dead Guy? That was it? That is that the movie Dead Guy. So we're now outside in the backyard. A pumpkin is getting repeatedly splashed by some sort of machine. Grandpa Frank screams at his grandson to turn it off. Nobody's looking to buy a pumpkin smasher. It's a pumpkin carver they want. The boy's sister, Claire watches on with their camcorder. Frank Frank fidgets with the machine. This time it's gonna work and history will be made. Ian places a large pumpkin on the machine, and once Grandpa starts it, it works. It carves the top of the pumpkin right off. Then we cut to inside Grandpa's house. Days later, Ian and Claire addressed all in black, sadly watching back the footage she taped, we realized it was Grandpa Frank who died, and they're at his memorial. Did you see this coming? Did you know this is where it was going to go?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think I did too. The kids smile at the memories, but their dad shuts off the TV. Maybe now is in the appropriate time to watch this, And I was like, this is actually the perfect time to watch, yes, and yeah, what's the point of a memorial? Yeah, because what's the point of a memorial if you aren't supposed to if you aren't supposed to remember. Their dad encouraged them to go make some meaningless small talk with their grandfather's friends, and we realized that maybe he had a strained relationship with his Now he's dad. We've got daddy issues, but this time it's older man daddy issues, which this might be the first time we've seen that. Claire hears some banging upstairs and finds a man standing on a ladder throwing books off shelves one by one looking for something. She and I was like, this guy's literally just ransacking the house during the funeral. Nobody's saying anything. She asks if she can help, and he says his name is Warner McDonald, a great friend of her grandfather's. She's never heard of him, and Warner isn't shocked. She would usually only visit for a few weeks during the summer, but since she'll be around longer this time, he invites her to their annual Halloween festival, which is this weekend. Claire says she's not really in a festival mood. Just as her dad walks in, and instead of grabbing the guy and saying why are you rummaging through all that stuff, he doesn't do anything. Warner says it's good to see her, Richard, just not under these circumstances. That he leaves. Claire wonders, what kind of freak invites people to a Halloween festival at a funeral. That's all they cared about. I just wanted to be like he was literally just ransacking the stuff why is he yes saying.
Speaker 3: And also like the books aren't on the ground that actually does down and like acknowledged that the books so that it's been a complete mess.
Speaker 2: Like it was a very strange scene right from the start.
Speaker 1: You're agreed. Yeah, I was like, Okay, the hell's going on? Her dad says Warner and her grandfather hated each other since grade school over a game of Red Rover Red Rover, which makes me wonder what the hell happened in the game. I mean, was there like violence right when red Rover came over? Was there a punch in the throat? What happened?
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, remember that game having the tendency with the boys, not so much the girls, but with the boys getting a little over.
Speaker 2: The top back in the day.
Speaker 1: I do really that. Yeah, from producer Luca, you can get clothes line, pretty hard.
Speaker 3: Line or like go low. The guys would go low on each other, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, hey, tough game. It's tough world, tough game.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's being played on the playground anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either, and I think they should. It'll toughen some kids up. Meanwhile, back at the memorial, even though, and overhears his dad talking about selling Frank's house and complaining about his junk in the basement. Upset, Ian retreats to that exact basement, which we find out is his workroom, the grandpa's, and while playing with some gadgets, some of the items start moving on their own. Ian even really hears his like creepy name being called out. It was just really spooky, and it was the end. It was like, what the hell that.
Speaker 3: Would have me, especially in my grandparents' house, even though I didn't really feel spirits for whatever reason, because they were old, right, it brought a scary sense if I was there ever found myself like even in a room by myself, like I was creeked out a little bit.
Speaker 1: And why wouldn't it just be the grandfather's voice going not a like know, why is his grandpa?
Speaker 3: Is he trying to kill his grandson red bro And whoa how about how about e?
Speaker 1: They're like a nickname and son something? But yeah, oh my god. Anyway, Uh, just when it starts to get even this spookier, his dad enters and everything goes back to normal. He knows Ian and his grandpa were very close and wants to know if his son is doing okay. Amongst all, the junk Ian gets very defensive. It's not junk Grandpa Frank made all this stuff, like the pumpkin carver and the portable vacuum. His dad just which again, when is a vacuum not portable anyway? Uh?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What do I mean vacuum? Yes, all vacuums are portable or else how would you not use them? You bring them from one room to another. It's a portable item.
Speaker 3: It's a vacuum has to be plugged in, especially back then.
Speaker 1: Oh so so see then it's like at that's what he should have said. It's it's a it's a motorized it's portable is the wrong word because it's cords.
Speaker 3: Yes, but we are back in the Disney like right, but.
Speaker 2: It's like smart house.
Speaker 3: They are saying that these things that didn't exist in two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Affordable vacuum. Of course it did, of course it did. What do you think a dustbuster was? Of course?
Speaker 3: I hate when you're.
Speaker 1: It's like and by the way, thanks for making it three times too big and it takes gas like talk about making just something very that I took it. I took it everyday object and made it really difficult. Thanks Grandpa. Yikes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Oh yeah, I mean even the start from about the pumpkin carver.
Speaker 1: I mean that you're taking something very simple and making it difficult. Good inventions, awesome. I have a car that doesn't run. Let's try it.
Speaker 2: It only requires six people to push it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so stupid anyway, his dad just can't throw it all in the dumpster, which he should. His dad also admits he would have given any to hang out in that basement with his dad when he was a kid, but Frank always told him he was too busy for them. Now we're at the family dinner. Claire oversaw the food and she admits it's not good. She would have ordered pizza, but they don't deliver after seven pm, which again smalltown Ian and their dad looked for a fireplace material and stumbrel and stumble on some papers. Claire notices the festival flyer the weird guy gave her at the memorial as he was robbing the house, and her dad encourages them to go. Claire says Grandpa said it was total cheeseballs, but her dad thinks that's only because Warner organizes it. The flyer includes a man in a top hat and a trench coat named Zachariah, who their dad explains is a local legend the residence the Residence specter. He lived with his young bride on Coal Hill almost two hundred years ago and loved to burn things down. In fact, he only loved one thing more than his wife, and that was fire. They said you could see it in his eyes. We cut to Zachariah two hundred years ago, sitting outside looking at the fire the same way I look at candy bars when I'm stoned. His young bride calls him to come inside.
Speaker 2: Apparently, wow, whoa, I'm stunning.
Speaker 1: It's true. Apparently you should see me looking at a kit cat like hey, baby. Apparently, fires would break out all around his house and officials would try to stop him, but it was his wife who finally had enough. She tried to leave him, and so he set their cabin on fire with her still in it. Ian can't believe it. He killed her. His dad's afraid, so they found him guilty of murder and sentenced him to be burned at the stake. But oddly, the fires didn't end with Zachariah. That night, the courthouse burned to the ground, they say, Zachariah still roams the hill seeking revenge. We see the courthouse burning and Zacharia smiling, even throwing a fireball at the camera like a street fighter character. Hey, you can back in the living room, Ian wonders if the town is still haunted. Just as the front door swing open and the fire floats in catching fire, Ian yells for his dad, who puts it out with his foot. The only thing left in the flyer is the face of Zachariah, and in an unnecessarily creepy voice, their dad says, you can see it in his eyes. Like again, why are you keeping creeping people?
Speaker 3: Now, I'm convinced it was the dad that was messing right.
Speaker 1: It exactly now. In Grandpa's bedroom, Ian has decided to sleep in his dead grandpa's bed, which is just an absolutely unhinged decision. Ian promises his dad he's not scared, but also make sure Frank didn't die in that room. Then, in the middle of the night, he is awakened by his bed moving. He runs downstairs screaming for his dad. But when they investigated it was just Claire being a She was messing with him, of course, because the best time to screw with you here a little brother, is right after his best friend grandfather has died. Thanks Claire.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good though, I know, but my god, it didn't seem as much as something like an older sister would do. But it would definitely be something that like an older brother would do to like a little sister. You know.
Speaker 2: It was like kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you just lost the guy who matters for you most. Now I'm gonna mess with you, right Ian's dad, So yeah, it was Claire. Ian's dad makes sure Ian is okay and goes back to bed, but when the boy tries to fall asleep, a gust of wind opens the closet door and rings some bells, once again scaring him. He assumes it's Claire, but when he tries to take a glance, he falls out of bed and sees a spirit emerged from the closet, saying his name again. The ghost goes right through the wall and a shocked Ian fallows it downstairs, right past his frustrated dad, who is awake again and wondering what the hell is going on. We see Ian and his dad walk back into Grandpa's bedroom. Now calm Ian tries to explain what happened and dares them to explain the falling books. Claire notes there mark does property of the Steeple Falls Public Library, and Ian thinks it was a sign from beyond. Maybe it was Grandpa wanting him to read. Ian's dad tells him to pull himself together and get back to bed. It's now the next morning. The Carlisles are going into town with their dad, and Claire goes to get the library books to return. Ian runs inside to stop her. He hasn't read them yet, and he thinks Grandpa was trying to send him a message. Claire thinks the only message he's trying to send is to shut up and quit acting like an idiot. She finds a wooden box then with the initials FC on it and leaves it on the desk to look at later. Ian and Claire leeves still arguing, and then a ghost watching grunts Ian Ian again, it's just like creepily saying this poor kid's name. Now we're at the library. Ian is checking out the Zachariah coll exhibit, which feels like a terrifying decision by the local library when it comes to education. The librarian reveals she bent the rules allowing Frank to check these out, but he can be very persuasive. And I don't know if you saw what happened in the background, but she says with a smile, Oh, he can be very persuasive. And the kids look at each other and go like, h like it was a total sex st Yeah, and it was like, wow, they just made he's banging the librarian.
Speaker 3: Well, and you think that this is something that they come back to. And no, we never talked about it.
Speaker 1: Again, we do not, but apparently he was a bit of a cad Ian. Asked about the old machine parts in their display cases and she says they're just old do dads that Warner dug up around Zacharia's to fill up the cases. Claire asked if the cabin still exists in the librarian and says no, but Warner owns the land and he's planning to build a replica and theme park for tourists, which, again, for a small town like Salem, works like a charm place is packed a lot of the years. So we cut to the town center and we see a banner for the tenth annual Zachariah Halloween Festival. Ian and his sister walk right past Warner, and their dad strolls into a store. He'll be just a minute. Ian spots Carlisle Hardware, which was his grandfather's old store. They still haven't rented it out, and he has no idea why he had to close it. Claire says he knows why, and to quit talking about it, which we don't really ever get into that. It's she just says, we know why, don't bring it up. A truck starts honking behind them. It's Warner. He wonders that they found any library books in their grandpa's stuff, and then while not paying attention, he crashes into a car in front of him. And it was such a save money Disney crash because the car I don't know if you notice, but you don't actually see the crash, No, you just see the car the truck jerk to a stop, and then he gets out in the pumpkins all over the ground. So they're like, let's not actually smash anything up, which is smart, so you can movie magic and you can save some money. Yep. Claire and Ian just continue to walk away. Knowing that something's up. And now we're at the festival, well the start of the festival. They're building it. Workers are building out the rides and games, and Warner isn't done with them just yet. He catches up and wants an answer about those books. Just then their dad returns and compliments Warner. The festival's really taking off. Warner notes, said Frank always said it wasn't going to mount to anything. Then somberly adds, it was a real loss for this town when Frank decided to close the store. Shame we couldn't find anyone to take it over. His kids, on the other hand, couldn't wait to work with him. The town means the world to them. Hilariously, the camera pans over his two sons and they look miserable on a tractor. Warner tells Richard he'll see them Saturday, then walks away. We're now back home in the kitchen. I mean, I guess wait to go back a little bit. Does that mean that it's war I guess Warner made him close down his store. Is that what they're alluding to? I guess that's what I got out of it.
Speaker 3: Like there was like a they're like never ending clash of from whatever happened for Red Rover, they're never any clash like ended up being like you know he and we do know from the dad he's gone away from the town, so he's not a you know in and so Warner's got his kids still around.
Speaker 2: It was like that kind of thing, like, yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Grandpa was in need of help but didn't have anyone that cared about.
Speaker 1: It, so he had to let it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's kind of like what I summed it up too.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. I buy it. I buy it. We're back at home in the kitchen, Claire, we never know, right, never really tell us, Yeah, it's so weird. Claire opens a wooden box, which says to dad, love Richard. She pulls out a newspaper article local boy accepted at Harvard and that's her dad, and then her real dad walks in. He goes into town to see grandpa's lawyer. He notices the box and reveals it was his sixth grade wood shop project. He gave it to his dad for Christmas that year. Claire says, Frank kept it, so it must have been a lot to him, but Richard doubts it when he gave it to him. He was critical about the sand before leaving. He walks over to the basement door and sees the in carrying a huge invention up the stairs. Richard I first doesn't even want to know what it's about, but eventually gives it in. Ian says it's stuff to catch a ghost. Richard just turns back around and leaves. And I would think that would be a cry for help. Later that night, I is upstairs playing with his new ghost catcher. He hears the door open, but it's just his sister. But then hears a different noise now coming up the stairs. It's the ghost spirit comet thing entering and exiting every room through key holes. Ian thinks on his toes and puts a glass jar over his door, so when the ghost comes out, it's trapped in a jar, just like he expected. Holy it worked. He caught a ghost. Why can they go through walls? They can go through all this stuff, they can go through key holes, they can do everything, but they can't go through.
Speaker 2: Glass because it's a special ghost catcher.
Speaker 1: A glass jar. Okay, that's the rules. The ghost's demand to be let out, and Ian yells for Claire. He shows her the ghost and it's Tommy Days. It's in a pilot's cap and goggles. She screams, there must be some kind of logical explanation. Ian says it's a ghost and he's keeping it. That's when we see another ghost approaching. As it glides closer, it turns from a soldier from the seventeen or eighteen hundreds. Claire screams, but Ian thinks it's the coolest thing in the world. Ghost soldier asks for the jar, but Ian isn't ready to give it up. The ghost tries to intimidate them by making a scary large Marge kind of face. Did you get that, Large.
Speaker 2: March, Large Marge?
Speaker 1: Do you get what that's from? No? No, you ever seen charge Marge?
Speaker 2: Is something is said has been said a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ever see? It's from Peewe's Big Adventure. Large March sent me. Oh yeah, she was the truck driver who sends Tiwi. And then when Peeve says large Marge sent me, the whole place stops because she actually died years before. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yes, yeah, great up. Large Mark Raresually I watched that movie. I think it's weird that I've watched that movie.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a great movie. Are you kidding? Oh?
Speaker 3: Like I was little and that movie was like very creepy.
Speaker 1: Oh it is so good. Tell him large march that Instead. Ian turns on the ghost catcher and it sucks the soldier up, getting immediately stuck and clogged in the machine. The ghost says it was nice chatting, but he's got a fly, then he vanishes. Ian grabs his sister and falls the ghost into the woods. After quick chase, they lose the ghost and Claire ends up falling on her face. She looks to the sky and sees the spirit and sees the spirit comets soaring through the night. Ian leads a charge to follow and there eventually led to an old, destroyed, abandoned house. We're now inside the rubble house. We see the ghosts enter and the words North America's Zone six Sole Retrieval Center are on the screen. It is a busy scene with noisy typewriters and a bunch of people who appear to have just died, including a cheerleader. And man, this was just straight up beetlejuice. I mean just beetlejuice.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry, there's no maybe I've seen too many of these.
Speaker 2: Like now, spirit.
Speaker 3: There's no portal of any sort to get there, it's just the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just fly into the house and then you get into the portal the portals in the house, and anybody can look up and see all these glowing spirits apparently every day and night how right, like like millions of people would be dying and millions of spirits would be going through the night over this time, they did.
Speaker 3: Make it seem like they're area zoned, right, like there's a Jersey one, this one, right.
Speaker 1: But they said that this is the biggest, the biggest one other than Jersey or something like that. So it's like tens of thousands of these things every night would be there. It makes no sense, but yeah there.
Speaker 3: And it's just like not just I mean whatever if there's tens of thousands spirits, but like humans like people alive can just ye walk into this little house of some sort And okay.
Speaker 1: Apparently, okay, you're starting to hate the thing. I love ruining for you, I really do.
Speaker 3: No, But even still, I feel like with all your rules, it'd been like it still doesn't.
Speaker 1: Make any sense. It doesn't, it doesn't. It's good it's.
Speaker 3: A little far fetched for me and I anybody.
Speaker 1: Can just walk in and hang out with ghosts.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a little far fetched a lit soul, but we'll talk about why I think all of that is.
Speaker 1: I agree to you. Hear a Lady the Great Kathy and Jimmy playing Mariah welcoming everyone with thank you for dying, Watch your step. Meanwhile, a scared Ian and Charlie walking into the house, screaming to see if anybody's there. Just as back inside the Soul Retrieval Center the ghosts they were chasing coffin. Ed tells Mariah they have some problems, and then we hear Ian and Claire enter. Mariah gasps he let the living follow him slightly into the woods. Then Claire and Ian fall right through the floor and land in front of all the ghosts. Mariah commands Ed to get rid of the screaming kids and starts trying to convince the intruders they're just dreaming, But unfazed, Ian tells Mariah they have her little friend and are willing to trade him for answers, but she's in no mood to play and performs magic that forces the jar right out of Ian's backpacking into her hands, but unfortunately she can't. Ed eventually drops the jar, breaking the glass into pieces and setting Jumper free. The newly untethered spirits tell Ian they are the Soul Patrol, and Claire wonders where this magic portal leads to. Mariah says she'll have an opportunity to find out one day, but for now it is a secret. Ian is looking through a list of names they have signed and finds Grandpa Frank's name, but it's not checked off. He knew it was Grandpa he saw last night. Ian wants to make a deal with Mariah. You help our grandfather cross over, and we promised to never tell a soul about what we saw. Mariah agrees, but he must be there by tomorrow. Night. Back in the woods, the kids are walking home and Claire wonders what Grandpa wants to tell them. Ian thinks maybe he buried a fortune of gold under the house, but it would just be cool to see him again and say goodbye. They arrive at the house and see a police car out front. Their dad is on the porch with two cops, worried his kids weren't home. Claire's about to tell her dad the truth, but Ian jumps in and says they were hunting frogs, then they got lost, but now they're found. Everything is fine, and they rush inside. Their dad lets the officers know that their grandfather just died and maybe they're still a little freaked out. The next morning, the kids are packing up more of their grandfather's stuff when their dad says he's running back into town and this movie is basically slightly about ghosts, but mostly about running errands in the town. It is everyone's running errands all the time. Once he leaves, they both sprint mall town, just running errands. I gotta run errands. Once he leaves, they both sprint upstairs. They don't have much time, but halfway up their dad comes back. He's concerned they really haven't talked about everything, and he wants to know if his kids are okay. They promise they're fine, and he says okay, good, and then walks out. They rush back up the stairs, but freeze when he walks back into confirm Now in Grandpa Frank's bedroom, which again was not the death room, Ian has a large handheld vacuum just in case Frank gets stubborn. Claire has also brought a box of happy memories, which they hope to attract him. But they've never been ghost hunting before, so Ian steps in whistles Hey, Graham sits Ian and Claire, we have to talk to you now, please, and woila, a ghost spirit appears from the closet. They ask if it's really him, and he becomes visible. It is him. Ian and Claire ask why he hasn't crossed over yet. He looks scared. Just then, the fireplace starts swirling and Zacharia appears from out of the flames. He's about to throw one of his Ken slash Ryu fireballs when the grandpa is sucked into the flame instead. Ian threatens the monster with a handheld vacuum, but it quickly dies out, which was always the problem with those dustbusters. They just instantly die out. Zachariah whispers in a tone usually reserved for someone who can't be more than five hundred feet near a school. Here's something to remember me by. Then he throws the fireball. Claire and Ean dodge it, but a curtain catches fire instead. Claire runs for a fire restinguisher, and just like that, Zachariah is gone. Their dad rushes in, wondering why the smoke alarm is going off. He accuses he and up setting the house on fire, but Claire chimes in, if they told them what really happened, he wouldn't believe them, so he's just got to trust them. But their dad is obviously upset. He was gone ten minutes, probably running an errand, and they almost burnt down the house. Why are they acting out? Are they mad at him? Ian says it's not about him, and the kid's head downstairs now alone. Their dad sees his wooden box in the bed and opens it up to check out the pictures inside. We're back in the ghost depot. Ian and Claire tell everyone about Zachariah, who is a very evil dude who steals life forces as revenge. Ian says they have to do something. They want their grandfather to cross over. Mariah promises they're taking care of it, but it's not very convincing, and Jumper isn't having any of it. They are the Soul Patrol. They signed up to kick some serious ghosts, but Ed and Jumper decide to leave to help them, but Mariah stays back, nervous the Soul Patrol will get her fired, and just like that, the gang is together and ready to roll. Later that day, Eat and Claire and their two new ghost pals are on the road walking to find Zachariah. They end up at a small door that leads to an abandoned mine, so they take the lift down and try to figure out a plan. Again, these kids are just all over the place in the woods. Jumper says, they'll suck Zachariah into the vacuum, then shoot him back out through the portal and let them deal with him whoever's on the other side. And that's when they hear a ghost wailing mournfully. It's coming from a huge spiral of flames, eventually revealing Zachariah right in the middle. Jumper says he's powering up using the light force of the souls he's captured, and Ian counts two three do power up his vacuum. So here's my question. What does the Soul Patrol do?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure besides this one specific mission, right, I don't know what they've done.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, I mean, like Kathen and Jimmy later has some powers, what do these two ghosts do.
Speaker 3: I didn't see any powers that they have.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: What I don't know. I don't and they Gravity Patrol.
Speaker 3: But what does soul Patrol mean that they do?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, are they the police there? But but they can't. They're not arresting anybody. They have no powers to do anything. Like what I didn't get what they do?
Speaker 3: No, because they did, because they did, because they're not doing any They just made like where the Soul patrols?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, okay, are you are you a band? Like what's happening?
Speaker 3: Because you're so It was like, was the movie supposed to be named Soul Patrol?
Speaker 1: I bet you. At one point it was It's Scream Team.
Speaker 3: So what Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I didn't get what they're doing? But uh yeah, okay. So Jumper says he's powering up using the light force of the souls he's captured, and Ian counts to three two power up his vacuum. At first, it works, pulling the evil monster closer and closer, but right before he's fully engulfed, it stops and Zachariah tries to escape. Ian gets it back online, finally trapping the ghost for good. For now, they just need to get Zacharia back to the portal. Claire is worried about all these stolen souls they're leaving behind, including their grandfather, and then boom, Zacharia burst out of the machine and flies away. In the chaos, Claire falls into the mine shaft filled with souls and is holding onto the edge for dear life. Ian grabs he rope and tells Claire to hang on, but she's distracted by some very scary faces that are begging her to help. This was freaky, wasn't it. Yes, yes, like just coming out going to help me.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh my god, I'm telling you, really creepy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think one of the top five creepiest movies we've watched.
Speaker 1: I agree, well, certain parts of it. It was like boring and then creepy and then then.
Speaker 3: Ging kind of scary, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. So even though Ed can't grab the rope because he's a ghost, so hey, thanks again for coming on this mission, Ed, Claire is still able to make it out, but a furious Zachariah attacks Jumper, covering him in flames, and then they both disappear. They head out of the abandoned mind just as police car arrives. Ed takes off leaving the kids behind to get arrested. Cool geez. We're now at the police station. The police car arrives and their dad is already waiting for them. Claire says that they did nothing wrong, but the cop mentions trespassing, arson, destruction of public property. Their dad says he's taking the back to Boston first thing in the morning. The kids are obviously upset, swearing they didn't start the fire. It was always burning since the world's been turning nothing. Come on, we didn't start the fire, Billy Joel forget it. His dad last, we didn't start the fire. There you go, not that well. I'm glad to know it. Apparently Billy Jol hates that song and refuses to play it in concert. His dad laughs. Then who did start the fire? Zachariah call. As they get into the car, we see that Warner has been listening to the entire conversation. Where now Grandpa Franks, Ian and Claire tell their dad what happen while he uses some sort of machine to crack a walnut again, just crack the walnut. They sound insane, saying, Jumper sacrifice himself. Claire fell in a pit. Zachariah is loose, and their grandfather hasn't crossed over yet. Their dad thinks it's all a lie. Of course, Ian insists they just care about what happens to Grandpa. Their dad explains caring is a two way street, and your grandfather. But before he can finish, Claire jumps in, what is it with the men in this family? You and Grandpa could barely say hello to each other, and you two are always fighting. Knock it off. We've got a lot more important stuff to worry about. His dad is speechless and says, why you sounded a lot like your mom there, And that's when we hear an explosion. There's a small fire in the front yard that leaves behind the words stay away. Their dad thinks it's a prank, but Claire and Ian, no, it's not kind of a prank. You don't usually use fire in night.
Speaker 3: Would be out so fast. We're not even waiting till tomorrow. Get your stuff, let's go, We're done. We're out of here.
Speaker 1: The people lighting fires anyway. Now we are out in the woods. Ian and Claire are already ignoring their father to stay out of trouble, since they've already passed like ten. No trespassing signs again, small towns trespassing, great way to get shot. It's true. Claire says, they got to find the remains of Zachariah's cabin. She needs to learn more about his lore and what he wants. Coffinet is there too, and he knows what the evil ghost wants, the total destruction of the town and all of its inhabitants. We then noticed the ghost is falling close behind Just as they arrive at the burn down cabin. Claria is quick to find a crater and pipe in the remains, and not a smoking pipe, but like a pipe coming out of the ground, and asks Ed to dive in to see how deep it goes. While they wait for his return, they're scared by a dog growling behind them. Ed returns, and Ian asks him if he can distract the dog while they run for their lives. They take off just as the dog jumps in Ed, but of course goes right through him. Everything did except for I guess a glass jar.
Speaker 2: The kids arrive at the library confused me so much.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Is this dog now?
Speaker 1: And oh the dog is Warner's dog.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 1: Keep trying to keep people away from Zech.
Speaker 3: But the dog was confusing because when he goes into the pit, he just like instantly gets discouraged, and like, I think it lay down in a bit, like.
Speaker 1: I think it's supposed to be that he was freaked out by jumping at somebody and going right through them. I think is what they were going for, Like he was scared by the ghost. I think was what okay, But I agree it was. It was odd the way they did it, but that's what I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cute dog, very cute dog.
Speaker 1: And I wonder if they did it the way that they normally. I don't know if you've ever been on a movie with where you're supposed to be like face to face with a dog growling at you. But they take a rubber band and they put a rubber band on his mouth and it pulls the teeth up so as he's looking at you, it's just her. And then they digitally take the rubber band out afterwards.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Woo very cool. Many many a dog movie. Yeah, the kids arrive at the library. Yes, this movie's picking up. We're at a library. Clara finds an object in the Zacharia.
Speaker 3: We are back with the horny librarians will get a little interesting.
Speaker 1: My got she She puts down her camera for her only page, only only fans page, and.
Speaker 2: Not the whole librarian with it.
Speaker 1: Fan She's got only fans. As she does, the librarian walks in and asks if they're all right. Ian is focused on what he thinks is either poison oak or lime disease, so Claire asked for any item from when Zachariah was alive. The curator hands her a book bound with pages from the Steeple Falls Gazette, which has been published continuously since seventeen ninety seven. She assumes they're finishing up their grandpa's work because these are the exact same books they brought back the other day, But when she turns around to go grab them, they're missing, and only Warner has been near them in the last twenty four hours. Now outside, Claire knew Warner was shady and trying to find those books at the memorial. You're now putting that together, Ian remembers, and Grandpa practically threw them at me. They see Warner's truck with his angry dog in the flatbed. Then Warner pops up standing behind them, asking if they're looking for him. Warner says they had some trespasses this morning and the dog ran himself. Silly, he guesses some people just don't know when to stay away, like the fire left behind to scare of the kids. With that, Warner leaves, but Claire and Ian have figured it out. They need to get those books. Ed returns and they make their way to Warner's house, so of course they instantly go for some B and E little break in and entering no problem. Ed slides through the door lock and opens the door. They search for books, but Ed sees Warner pull up in his truck. Simultaneously, Ian runs down the stairs carrying the books He's got them. Ed tells him Warner's back and ditches them again. Claire and Ian try to leave through the back, but Warner is there. They run to the front door instead, and there are so many locks, but they don't even get to the second lock because for some reason, the kid just can't take the chain off the door. Yeah, it takes him like a half an hour. There's nine minutes of the movie that is too long of this kid trying to get the chain off. How hard does it? He slides the damn thing over. Not a hard thing to do, I say that.
Speaker 2: But I think if I was panicked, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like, come on, you know you could do it. It's just slide it over. Yeah, But they run. There's so many locks, and in the process, Claire drops one of the books and Warner and here's the commotion. He grabs an umbrella, and the kids still try to escape, and as Warner turns the corner with his makeshift weapon, they're gone, and so are the books. He rushes to the door. Oh, when I get my hands on those lousy kids, I'm gonna But when he opens the door, it's Claire and Ian's dad standing there about to knock. Richard says he came to ask a couple more questions about Zachariah Cole. Warner chuckles, more like creating a diversion so your kids can get away. Richard obviously has no idea what he's talking about, but spots Ian inside. Warner says he's gonna get those kids arrested, but Richard says he's over acting. We're now back at Grandpa's house. Claire and Ian sneak inside carrying the books, and their dad magically appears to greet them, how is your afternoon commit any grand larcenies that your old man should know about the kids freezing their tracks, they can explain. Ian says, they think Warner is the one who left the driveway on fire. His dad tells him they're in big trouble, but he also thinks Warner did it, and everything's finally coming together. Back underground, the abandoned mind jumper, now just to face in the wall sucked into the mind, is calling for help while Zachariah floats above him in his giant fireball. Again super creepy and not bad like you said, not bad effects. We've seen worse.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: While at Grandpa's house, Claire thinks she found something. Maybe Zacharia tried to drill a natural gas well and it blew up. Ian says, the first natural gas well wasn't drilled until like eighteen twenty one, and that was fifty miles from here. And they all look at him. He's like what it was in Grandpa's books. Claire still thinks she knows what happens. Zacharia wasn't crazy at all. He didn't kill his wife, he didn't burn down his house. It was an accident when he tried to drill. Zacharia is seeking revenge because he was wrongly accused and burned at the stake. She finds a sheet from the book that reads, Rebecca Cole, wife of local inventor Zachariah Cole, died last night in a devastating explosion that consumed their home. It is thought that mister Cole's unnatural invention was the cause of that blast. And that's when I was like, damn, that's a long headline. It was like, thank god he held it up because I was like, it's like fourteen pages. Oh my god, you read the whole article to figure out what's going on.
Speaker 2: But also so.
Speaker 3: It's right there that like, this was an accident, and I mean, I guess that's how rumors get started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess back day maybe they would have thought that it was something.
Speaker 2: And it seems kind of kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I think one of the problems is they should have written a longer headline.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it obviously was way too short.
Speaker 1: Way too short. Ian says he doesn't care if Zacharia is innocent. He just cares about his grandpa. They need to help him, and with that, he slams his dad for being selfish and storms out, And this is where I was like, Okay, now you're starting to annoy me, kid, because one of the things you were supposed to do is is find out why somebody hasn't crossed over and your main nemesis, this is one guy. So your sister's doing the right thing by it. And he's like, I just care about Grandpa. Well you cared about this guy before when you're at the library trying to find stuff. When you're at his house trying to find stuff, it's not like he's been there the whole time, going like why are we doing this? We just need to help grandpa. Yeah, he's been there, like pushing them to go do something with zach Riya call. And now he's like, I don't care about him. Like wait a minute, that's the whole movie. Is you caring about him? Right? Am?
Speaker 3: I like quick to get so angry. It was like, whoa, it's just a yo yo back off.
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 1: We are now yeah, we're yeah, just insane insane. We are back in the Sole Retrieval Center. Ed is sitting at his desk when Ian runs in looking for Mariah. She tries to hide under her desk and pretend she was looking for an earring. She eventually has advice for Ian, who fills her in about his grandpa. Mariah knows there isn't much they can do, nobody will report it, and it's almost time for her to leave her job to cross over. No need to rock the boat now. She just wants to be with her family. Ian asked if she's just going to abandon them when she takes a free ride to the other side. He says, the other souls want that too. It's about time someone stopped Zachariah, and she could be a hero. Once provoked, she says she could blast old dragon breath through that portal so fast it would make his head spin. Then why why.
Speaker 2: Hasn't she done yet?
Speaker 3: I know, Mariah step up, chick step up.
Speaker 1: And she's like, oh, here's the thing where she's like, I don't you know, I don't want to rock the boat because I'm almost done with my thing. But he's been there for two hundred years. Why didn't you do this your first week on the job. If that's what you could do, you know what I mean? Like, I was so waiting for there to be some backstory. She knows him she's something I did.
Speaker 3: I at one point thought that that was his wife.
Speaker 2: Me too, I thought that.
Speaker 3: Was gonna be his wife, and that was I mean, there's a whole moment where it looks like it's about to happen, a whole moment we're getting there.
Speaker 1: I could not agree with you more Yep, I couldn't agree with you more. So. Yeah, She tells Ed to hold the phones. They're gonna go save some souls, and vanishes into thin air as Ed asks what phones? Which is funny? Over at Grandpa's, Claire and her dad are still going through the old books and realize Zacharya never got a fair trial. Claire says that they thought he was some sort of sorcerer, but he was a visionary and the first person to harness natural gas. People are just afraid of what they don't understand. If people knew the real story would take the steam out of the scary little festival. Now over at that Halloween festival, the whole town is there and Warner just lit a giant bonfire. It is literally a festival of open fire. Yes, it's the original fire festival, except they actually pulled this one off.
Speaker 2: Wait for the fire Festival the fire Festival.
Speaker 1: Don't you remember the whole Have you unver seen the documentary about the fire Festival? Come to Pablo Escobar's Island. It's a three day festival and oh yes, everyone got trapped there and there was like one sandwich and oh god, it was amazing. Yeah, so this was the original fire festival. I just thought it was a but again, the I'm just amazed in a small town, like the festival that they're doing is just like open flames and children. But yes, everyone seems to be having a very good time. Kids are in costumes, face painting, lots of open fire. How could it not be fun? But let's have some less fun because we are now back in the abandoned underground mind where Jumper is still calling out for help. When Ed and Ian arrive, Ian asked if Zachariah thought they were just gonna let him steal souls, and he says he'll do as he pleases, and right now there's a festival he has to attend. He throws a fireball and Mariah appears to distinguish it. Now, this too where I was like, there needs to be a line or two of why this has never happened in the ten years of the festival, like, oh, this last soul has made it to where I now have the power to appear at the festival, something like why is.
Speaker 3: He there's like a time limit, like that he's coming upon his two hundredth years.
Speaker 1: Yes, and something like that, I've weakened it enough to where I can now go to the.
Speaker 3: Are you a certain amount of souls that you can do to get a certain amount of power?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. They needed to explain something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, just little things, the rules people. Back at the festival, Claire and her dad find Warner and Claire begs him to tell people the truth about Zachariah.
Speaker 3: Call.
Speaker 1: People need to know that he's innocent and was executed for a crime he didn't commit. Warner new Claire stole the books and laughs, no one will care about the truth of a ghost story. He's dead and gone. Claire says, Zachariah has kidnapped her grandfather's soul, so it's kind of important. Richard's heard enough, Fine, we'll do it without you. But Warner isn't having it. He grabs the book from Richard and throws them into the fire. Oh no. Back at the abandoned underground mind. Mariah tells Zachariah they can do this the easy way of the hard way. Then sneezes and a cold air ball kind of flies out towards him, extinguishing a lot of his stuff. So it was like, have you had the power to put out this flame forever and you just took a sneeze and you just never wanted to leave your office.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 3: Then you're thinking, there's gonna be an explanation coming right, Like there's like this thing that was causing her to not want to ruin Zachariah.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We just got to keep going.
Speaker 1: Just don't know anyway. It's just there's a lot where I was like, what's going on? So then Zachariah responds with a weird, fiery snot thing of his own, but Mariah blocks him with a sort of shield thingy, And you're gonna have to look up all those magical words. Ed and Ian try to run away, but Zacharia blows smoke from his mouth directed right at them. We're now back at the festival. Claire's dad feels defeated. He's not sure the books would have changed people's opinions of Zachariah anyway. They need to find Ian and leave. Just then, Zacharia appears from the bonfire in the Whole Town season. Claire thinks two hundred years of rage are about to be set loose. Richard tells her to stand back. He's going to grab Warner, and just like that, Zachariah starts throwing fireballs around the festival, forcing residents to run in every direction and now massive. Zachariah notices Claire isn't moving. Why aren't you running, little one? But he says it of course, like why aren't you running, little one? She says, because I know the truth. I know you didn't kill your wife. I know about everything. He's a bit relieved. Then you also know why I finally have to destroy this town. Richard has now return holding Warner, telling him to start telling Zacharia the truth. So Warner says he's sorry, and everything will be different from here on out. They'll have the festival in his name and he'll name his next son Zachariah. He admits he knew Zacharia was innocent, but never thought he'd mind. Zacharai tells him to guess again and throws a fireball, forcing Warner to run away with the attack, passing just over and singing his head. Claire reminds Zacharai he's an inventor, a creator, not a bad guy. She pulls out an article from the gazette or gazelle, whatever it was. I think it was a gazette. What about Rebecca? You told her to wait for you? How much longer is she gonna have to wait? By the way, the idea that we've built up to this final thing in the movie from through the eyes of these two little kids, and Ian isn't even there for any of this found a little same.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 1: It's like, why is the kid who was the star of the movie not here for the big final conclusion?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, so, and I get they needed him at the mine, but how far away is that you have to run in? I don't know. Yeah, it was just an odd choice to not have the little kid who we've been kind of he's like the.
Speaker 2: Star following Yeah, he's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yes, she says, what about Rebecca, you told her to wait for you? How much longer is she gonna have to wait? You? Focus so much energy on anger and hate. You forgot what you loved. Zacharia looks at the article, and here's Rebecca whispering, sweet, nothing's now at ease. He smiles and disappears into the fire. We see his soul connect with Rebecca in the portal and they're finally reunited. All the townsfolk come out of hiding as Claire, Ian and her dad embrace. Ian looks up and notices something. It's all the ghosts flying around. Look they're free. He let them all go, and then we once again see the once trap souls, including Jumper, leaving the well. We even see Grandpa's soul sitting in her kliner waiting for his family to come home. Which, again, you want to scare the living out of me, have me walk back in and see my dead grandfather just sitting in a chair, like, Hey, what's up? What's going on? Everybody good?
Speaker 2: How we're doing? You're grade's okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was so strange, So yeah Grandpa's house. Ian, Claire and their dad walk in, still chatting about the festival. Then Claire notices her fully formed grandfather sitting in his chair and she screams rightfully, so yeah, he says he's sorry to startle them, but no one knows how this is possible. Grandpa Frank can't believe anyone to ask that. After tonight, a nice lady at the center said, Ian arranged for this reunion, so that's what we're supposed to imagine. He talked to her and then they can have them come back. Claire thanks her grandfather for the books. They were a big help, but Grandpa says he just wanted their dad to see the box of photos that was behind them, and Richard doesn't understand. His dad says, I just want to say how out I am of you. All Richard ever wanted was to hang around with his old man, and all his dad ever wanted for him was to get out of this town and see the world. He was so worried about his future he lost track of the present, and now it looks like he's making the same mistakes with his children. Richard looks at his kids and announces not anymore. The kids walk away to give their father and son some alone time. Richard asked if Frank has to rush off, and his dad says, nah, eternity can wait a couple of hours. Richard smiles and sits down next to his dad. We're now back at the abandoned mind Jumpers, with Ian, Claire and Ed telling them that he wasn't scared. He was just waiting for the right moment to make his move. Mariah appears and announces her crossing has been postponed indefinitely. Claire doesn't get it. Didn't capturing Zachariah and freeing all these souls count for anything. Mariah says the public spectacle outweighed the benefits, but she's feeling okay about it. Okay, so she went and finally got this guy, but because of that, she's being punished because people saw all the ghosts. But people can see all the ghosts anyway, right, Okay, I don't Yeah, by this point, i'd be honestly, I was just like, when is this?
Speaker 2: I don't really care?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know, I hate to say, but I'm like, okay, even even looking up, like you would think there would be something that would be like a result of like everyone's seeing all these souls that have been like you know, in this realm that are getting freed, and no one's really reacting to them besides our main characters. Yeah, everyone's kind of like, all right, okay, so that fire guy's gone.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 3: Can can I get back on the ferris Wheel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really strange. Okay, Uh yeah, I just I didn't I didn't get it anyway. Uh. Ian says they'll visit later, that is, if the living are welcome. Clare reveals they're not going back to Boston either. Apparently their dad wants to get in touch with his roots. They hear Mariah crying. She complains, I'm gonna have this job forever, so maybe it's not a happy ending, and she seems really really badly depressed. Yes. In the town center, the Scream Team theme song the Fakes Ghostbuster Replica Ever is playing, and Richard is at his dad's hardware shop, but now with a sign that reads Richard. A Carlisle medical clinic nearby. Warner is taking down the Halloween Festival sign and his son is replacing it with a new sign, Welcome to Steeple Falls, home of the Invention Fair. And at Grandpa's house, Claire is filming her brother on the pumpkin carver again, just like when they were with Grandpa Frank. Their dad asks if they need any help, shocking Ian he assumed he was just going to make them stop since the Scooper park keeps jamming. Richard tightens a bolt and hey, it's fixed. But when Ian pulls out the Scooper, pumpkin guts go flying all over his dad like they did before, and they all laugh, and Richard admits, I think this is why I went into medicine. They start throwing pumpkin guts at each other and we see ed watching from afar. Some aeron pumpkin guts go right through him. He looks to the camera, breaking the fourth wall for the first time in the entire movie, and says, there are some advantages to being dead. And that's our movie. So Britay, can we do some real reviews?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Five star, don't you.
Speaker 2: We've got the five got the five star this week?
Speaker 1: Yess.
Speaker 3: And this is from Patrick Stibbs. Patrick asks his kids to review the movie and posted their responses online. First was Christopher, who's nine years old.
Speaker 2: You should watch Scream Team.
Speaker 3: I liked the four ghosts and all the characters and how they try to help each other. And then the four year old Nour it's really kind of scary and this guy throws fire.
Speaker 2: I liked it. Norah's also a Piro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have that checked. That might be a problem. I love the fire. It's alive and talks to me. I've got the one the one star, and ironically the one star is from Jenny two. So there we go. And this review is titled a piece of paper, You crumple up, you shoot for the basket and miss. Okay, here's the review. Pass it up. This movie isn't as good as it looks in the trailer. Wait, it doesn't look good in the trailer. My dad's friend was an editor of the film and showed me the film on a reel and it was horrible. Disney was uncreative and couldn't think of a script nor story for the deadline date. The movie is called The Scream Team, by the way, Okay, oddly worded. Not sure I disagree, but oddly worded. Yes, thank you very much for your one star review. There, Jenna two.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting that her friends, the editor was letting someone watch. Yeah, sure, that's against his contract.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's fine. What's the problem. Now we're going to Sabrina's favorite part of the program, of course, and that is our feature game. This one is called Host with the Most. With the Scream Team's inclusion of ghosts, our knowledge of the spooky is being tested. We're gonna be given three facts about a famous ghost from movies or TV, and in turn we have to guess who or what is being described. Okay, three out of five wins. Who are we playing with today? Maddie?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi Maddy, Maddie.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Number one Ooh, there's no multiple choice, so it's just three things. Here we go.
Speaker 2: These are facts about it, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are we're getting and we have to figure out who it is based on these three facts. So number one A. Despite being the main character, this ghost is only on screen for about seventeen minutes. B. The ghost name is based on a real star from the constellation O'Brien. And see this ghost was originally imagined as Sammy Davis Junior. Do you know who it is?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I do you do? I do? I know? I know A because of the the I didn't know the first one. It was only on for seventeen minutes, but I know the constellation name and I know who they that They originally wrote it for Sammy Davis junior.
Speaker 2: Okay, who is it beetlejuice? Oh?
Speaker 1: Am, I right, that's correct.
Speaker 3: There we go, based on a real star from the constellation Oreon. What does that mean, oh, Ryan, I mean, oh.
Speaker 1: It's a different guy. Uh. There's a star in the constellation, O Ryan, that's called Beetlejuice. There's a star name. Oh it's spelled differently, but it's called beetlejuice. Okay, so number one is beetle Juice. Number two A. This ghost learns how to haunt in a New York subway. Okay, I got it. B. When alive, he or she worked in finance. See though not its hobby. You might want to go to this ghost for a vase.
Speaker 2: Oh isn't this the movie The Ghost?
Speaker 1: It's Ghost. It's Patrick Swayze and Ghost Patrick.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, you're correct.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got one. Here you go. Number three.
Speaker 2: I'm taking it as it went already perfect.
Speaker 1: This ghost never speaks, but it's completely loyal no matter what is happening around them. B. It's glowing nose nods its head to the ghost. Second favorite holiday. Okay, and see he's the perfect ghost to call on if you're looking for the Pumpkin King. Come on, I don't know that. I don't know its name, but I'm guessing I know what it is. And I'm amazed that you were instantly like, oh got okay? Of course.
Speaker 2: The never speaks. What ghost doesn't speak? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Isn't it obviously Disney of some sort.
Speaker 1: Isn't it the dog from the Nightmare Before Christmas? Yes?
Speaker 2: And his name is zero zero.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't know how you go on the Haunted Mansion and it's Nightmare before Christmas and it's like the dog with the glowing nose but it's flowing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No, it's not one of my favorite movies. Okay, I've only watched it like twice.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I won by the way you did. Geez, you got to get the next two to win.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna, but I think the one one that I got right makes me win a winner.
Speaker 2: In one of Jensen's games.
Speaker 1: Here we go number four. In many adaptations, this ghost admits a bright light from their head or body. That's a b. They are one of a trio of ghosts. Okay, and see this ghost focus involves time travel to correct prior wrongs.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's the the Past.
Speaker 1: The President, the ghost of Christmas Past.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: There we go. All right, so you're two. I'm for this is here we go. We'll Sabrina win it. Number five. Hey, this is a ghost duo known for haunting hallways. Be the two Ah got it be? The two ghosts are visually symmetric, and see their focus is to get you to come and play.
Speaker 2: It's from the.
Speaker 3: In that that movie where it's the twins, right, yeah, like hallway?
Speaker 1: Is it Shindler's Shindler's List?
Speaker 3: I know, sorry, the I can't think of the name of that the movie, but it's.
Speaker 2: It's the two twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the Shining the Shining, or as they say in The Simpsons when they do that, it's called the Shinnon. Do you want to get sued? Yeah? So there you go. Hey, I want too, right, I think they give that to you. I think they give that to you even though you thought it was the twins from Shindler's List.
Speaker 2: I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I just was trying to way different movie.
Speaker 3: I know, way different movie, but I was just trying to, you know, sound it out.
Speaker 1: All right, Well can we do? So? We both won? Congratulations? You got all five. Of course I did. Can we do a Sabrina ces please.
Speaker 3: Don't have a lot, because it again started to get a little bored, not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: Actually although the song of choice for the beginning and end credits, I did appreciate it because it brought you right into the era, the old dcom era of where we were in this movie.
Speaker 2: I did like it.
Speaker 3: I liked I liked the way that the even the credits kind of appeared on the screen.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, this got me in the mood to watching like an high hopes high hope, High hopes, high hope. It struck me so funny when they were watching the videos of the grandpa, that the way the kid was like looking he looked like this like baby old man, Like he looked like I don't know something about like like an old man, and just the way he was and he was very stern, and like I was like, Okay, this is setting the tone for his character. And I just thought that, like I was like, this guy's good. This kid is going to be like a good actor, because I didn't recognize he wasn't bad the kid, No, But then the dad comes in and It's like read the room, Dad, you're at a funeral. Why are you being just so rude? I just didn't like that much. Uh, this movie is truly about murder and pyros a Disney.
Speaker 1: Movie, and uh running errands.
Speaker 2: And running errands. It was a murderer, a murder pyro murderer.
Speaker 3: Running errands like it was so insane. Then I wanted to go, I wonder, it's such a silly question, but have you ever stomped out a fire if a fire happened in front of you?
Speaker 2: That was like when the when.
Speaker 3: That piece of that post that yeah, the flyer gets would it would you really stomp out a fire? I would, Yeah, I don't know if I would.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't stop out a piece of paper? How would you put it out?
Speaker 2: Kind of be scared? I don't know. I think I would.
Speaker 1: Look around, No, of course, no, yeah, you just stopped. Not the one to drive, No, I mean I would put out I put out a piece of Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I did recognize that there was no crash, just pumpkins. That was another one, and then there was the last one was when they when the first in the beginning with the kid getting scared of from the ghosts, and the dad keeps reappearing and he's acting like he got out of bed and like what's going on?
Speaker 2: But he's like fully dressed, dressed Kakis.
Speaker 1: He's just like downstairs reading a book, and.
Speaker 3: I guess what it is, like, Oh man, you're so tired, you keep pulling me out of bed.
Speaker 2: You're in Khaki's dad, chill out?
Speaker 1: You have How long do you think she was waiting under the bed? I mean, it was like it seemed like they were doing the middle of the night. But it must not have been. It mustn't. She just waited for him to drift.
Speaker 2: Off the Yeah, must have been kind of early.
Speaker 3: But like a sibling will do that, right, Like didn't your brothers like try to scare you all the time?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 2: But I was so much older than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're eight years and five years older than me, So they probably would have gotten in trouble. Like they probably did it to each other, yes, but I think they probably would have goten in trouble If they did it to the little baby of the family, that probably wouldn't have gone over well.
Speaker 3: But I know like that, you know, kids do have that patience to wait it out.
Speaker 1: For the right time, the only time kids are patients, the only.
Speaker 2: Time, and that's it.
Speaker 3: Other than that, I just kind of after that part after the Pumpkins, I think.
Speaker 1: Doesn't see anything anymore.
Speaker 2: I didn't see anything.
Speaker 3: I was just staring in a daze.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't on my TV.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, this is this is a one of the few ones. And again it's it's it was fine. It's not like it's the worst movie in the world. It was just very boring. And it was one of those things where one of the few, and I can really count them probably on one hand, the movies that I really just wanted to be over. Yeah, it was like, okay, let's get this. Let's just get this over.
Speaker 2: Let's get this and not care that there really wasn't like much of a conclusion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was. And the story didn't make a whole lot of sense. Why is nick Riah Call still there? Why did it take them two hundred years for his revenge? Why did he not just go to his wife if he really loved his wife?
Speaker 3: And there makes sense now to know that that there was a possibility of I guess when they were filming it, I guess is when they thought it was going to be a pilot and then they kind of like re edit it because the idea that like Mariah was gonna not like there was no conclusion to her character.
Speaker 2: She was going to keep being this. It was like was that was she gonna be?
Speaker 3: Kind of the big premise of like maybe the all else was gonna happen within the series.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like a spooky town where there now they have to go and help the kids have to help their souls.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, like there's more souls that just get stuck on some other adventure. It would have been interesting to know like how they would have made this kind of show because spooky and the having the effects and all that, that's like a lot to take on as like Disney, especially in the early two thousands, right, like having to have the production value and doing that for a series would be pretty tough.
Speaker 1: You know. And I'm guessing somebody like Eric Idyl and who knows, I could be completely wrong, but I'm guessing he wouldn't have signed on to do a series like Okay, I'll do a kids movie. That'll be fun, it'll be for young kids. You get a lot of big actors that will do that because doing stuff for kids is fun, and it's it's like, oh, I want to you know, I have grandkids or have kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have kids.
Speaker 1: That but that's different than I'm gonna be on a Disney Channel series. Yeah for them, but yeah, okay, well, uh now we're gonna score our film, and we're gonna do one out of ten, one to ten. Okay, ten's gonna be the biggest. One is going to be the smallest. What we're gonna rank this. Here's what we've got for our options today. One out of ten bootleg Ghostbusters theme songs, one out of ten violent Red Rover games, Dead Grandpa beds oh, one out of ten, errands to run, one out of ten, walnuts to crack, one out of ten, fiery snot things depressed, Mariah's one out of ten Last Minute fourth Walls. And I'm going to add one out of ten librarian only fans.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, forny librarians.
Speaker 2: We're going with it librarian only fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do one of the ten librarian only fans. I can't remember if you went first. I think I have to go for you.
Speaker 2: You went first last time.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh, good. So then what do you got?
Speaker 3: I think, I know I scored higher than you for sure. Yeah, I'll go this was not a movie that was really made for me. I think, you know, I think this this is a perfect And again, this is what I was going to talk about being of that that older era, it is so obvious that this.
Speaker 2: Movie was a young young demo.
Speaker 3: Probably I would say, just being of the scarier sorts, was more so catered towards like the male young demo, like younger boys. And I feel like there was just kind of a lot of missing parts. It's very interesting to find out that it was going to be a series, it was written more as a series and then made into a dcom because I think that kind of that was like with Fuzzbucket, Like there was a lot of stuff that I guess in a series you'd kind of understand as you got to second, third episode or whatever, but because we only have a D comic, just as kind of like, what like, I don't get it? How come the stakes are so high when it doesn't really end up mattering?
Speaker 2: It just was kind of it became.
Speaker 3: Very quickly for me just like a all right, this is just homework now, and I just need to get through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't love it.
Speaker 3: The cast was great eight So that was disappointing for me because I thought the cast was you know, it's when you see the first couple of minutes and you're just excited for them to all to be together.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 3: And the script itself just really kind of was disappointing for me. This is gonna be five librarian only fans for me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. No, I don't think you have to apologize. I'm right there with you. I felt exactly the same way. Also, you have an entire town that saw a giant ghost throwing fireballs at everything and ghosts all over the place. Why are they canceling the ghost Festival every week every year and making it the Hollowey are the Inventor's Festival. Isn't that now? How you capitalize that you can actually come and see ghosts in this town? Isn't that great?
Speaker 2: We've all seen them, We've all seen them.
Speaker 1: This is it's not it's we've cracked the mystery of the world and we've seen ghosts, So how is that not the Yeah, none of a lot of this movie just didn't make any sense it again, you're right trying to set it up as a television show where every week they've got to capture new soul or something like that. Interesting, very interesting idea, very disney Esque kind of cool idea in the vein of like Eerie Indiana or some of these kind of move like almost even like Stranger Things, like a spooky kind of world for kids, even though Stranger Things was really more for adults. But you know what I mean, Like that kind of spooky thing is cool. It's a good idea. This the execution just didn't make a whole lot of sense. So I'm going to be right there with you, and I'm going to give it a four point five librarian only fans. It's what we are giving it. Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 3: I feel like you have to actually add old library, old.
Speaker 2: Library librarian only fans.
Speaker 1: Is it is like yeah again, it does have an entirely new idea for let your fingers do the walking through the do adecimal system just totally different. But there you go. Thank you everybody for we're joining us for this. And I would tell us if we're wrong. Maybe we are, but we're not. This was not a great movie. Again, phenomenal cast. Yeah, cast was could absolutely be nominated for Best Ensemble. They were great, just it needed a big rewrite, it really did. The story wasn't kind of there, and just a lot of it didn't make any sense. So there you go. Well, guys, next week we have a real time recap. That's right. It is a rare occasion where we can watch something live premiering on the Disney Channel and then run to our podcast equipment to talk about it. We're talking about the newest installment of the studio's most successful modern day franchise, The Descendants. It is the follow up to Rise of Red Descendants. We could wonderland where You're very excited for this one. If premiered on the Disney Channel July sixteenth, and it is currently available to watch on Disney Plus. So go ahead and take a gander. I'm sure it'll be worth it. And while we wait, never forget. We have hundreds of recaps in interviews for you to check out anytime. Just go to wherever you get your podcasts and search for Magical Rewind subscribe never miss another episode. Librarian Only fans, Bye everybody, Bye MHM.