Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Y'all day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick Yeah point this years ago, day three.
Speaker 3: So for some of you waiting career Dan Patrick, you get him. I think, Manyan, No, you know next week?
Speaker 4: Really we just got three gs. Oh do you want all five? Next time? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Next time, let's give me all five shows. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: So we're only here today and back to our regular schedule tomorrow. So we're normally on five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. We are Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. Everything at Covino and rich at Fox Sports Radio, and of course super producer Danny G's on the phones at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Iowa.
Speaker 4: Sam's on the xylophone.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys. Hope you had a great Tuesday night. I hope you enjoyed some talccos. Speaking of Tacco. Tuday, we're gonna talk Lebron James, Tony Clark, aggravating MLBA, some NFL, some fighting, some collectibles, and more. We have an extra hour when we fill in for DP, so hopefully we fit everything in. If not, we have a bonus podcast called over promised, which you could watch at Covino in Rich FSR on YouTube, Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube and streaming live.
Speaker 4: So join us and join the live chat.
Speaker 2: Nice and uh, I was, Sam, are you gonna be doing midweek major today where we go over all the headlines of sports and entertainment or what.
Speaker 5: I will be unless you guys ravage all of the stories that I've prepared. But I feel like you are going to do. Yeah, I'm gonna steal everything you've prepared.
Speaker 2: Rich especially known for doing that thievery lubber lips Davis the headline in my stories. You said, hopefully you had a good taco Tuesday, so we did do tacos last night. Like, my kids are such a pain in the ass. I'm sure I'm the only one right. No one else's kids are paying the ass. Kids are rotten. I've said that always. I love coaching, I love the dad, It's my favorite thing. But there are times where, like yesterday, my daughter was trying to tell me that like a chicken taco.
Speaker 4: Was gross and no one likes them. Wow, And I'm like, just try it, you gonna like it.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, your kids like mine?
Speaker 4: There are times where I'm like, this is the only thing you want to eat? Or nuggies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you've lived in Los Angeles all this time. She's eight years old. She's never had a chicken taco.
Speaker 2: She loves tacos, but last night she was doing the hell like chicken tacos and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, that makes the story even worse. So she's had them before, yeah, just all of a sudden, they're gross, and I'm like, all right, chicken.
Speaker 4: You like chicken, right?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dad, I love chicken.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: You like cheese? Who does cheese? You're not lactose or anything? You like tortillas? Yep, here's a chicken taco and gross. Yeah, that's typical. Kids are paid.
Speaker 3: I'll give you another typical story when I tell you I do everything for my pain in the ass teenage shorder I and Mom, I'm dad, I'm everything, I'm her life flying, okay me this morning, you'll beat for her. This morning, I walked out the house and I realized I didn't have my car keys on me, and that my girlfriend used my car. YO said, I didn't put my keys back in the bag. I thought they were in my bag and my man purse. I thought my keys were in my man purse. You're satchel your fanny. I'm stuck there outside my door, which locks automatically behind me, and I'm banging on the door like Fred Flintstone, like someone's got to let me in or I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Be late for Dan Patrick. Hello, dude, no one's waking up, right.
Speaker 3: I'm calling my girlfriend like hey, I'm waiting for her to answer, like you didn't put my keys back? I left without my keys. I gotta get to work. She's not answering. Nobody's answering. So I do the unthinkable. I call my pain in the as teenage daughter, and I risk waking up this demon and this nightmare of a person in morning. You tiptoe around your family table, and dude, I'd be like, wake up, you're sixteen. You gotta hear the attitude like never ask for any favor at all from my kid. She was hoffing and puffing at it bad like fie. She gave me the fine, She gave me the attitude. The I roll everything just to open the door so I can grab my keys and leave. So barely got here. If no one would have answered the door, because I was sitting there like an idiot would have been just sitting I would have just beside the Rich.
Speaker 4: Show on for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we got one dad life exactly one foot in Dad life, one foot up your ass every day here on Fox Sports Radio, Covino and Rich, and we might as well get into it. We mentioned Lebron Taco Tuesdays, all that good stuff. Well tacos aren't his only vice, I guess. And everybody has their thing, everybody binges on something, and apparently he gave up two things, not for Lent.
Speaker 2: Rich was like, was it for Lent? No, even if that's coming up right or something? Weay's Wednesday. I mean it could be depending on how you play your cards. Take a looker out today. So he gave up two things to prepare for this season. His hairlines not one of them. No bad jokes, leave them for me? Did he did he say he was good to actually get onto page two of books he's reading.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's gonna move on.
Speaker 3: No, he gave up two things, two things he very loves.
Speaker 4: Take a listen.
Speaker 7: Story to when I stopped drinking.
Speaker 8: So I wasn't playing as obviously as the season started. Yeah, you know, so I needed to give up something. I gotta sacrifice something. And I actually did two things that I very love, and that is drinking wine and my chocolate chip cookies. But dessert I completely took it out. Oh so I was like, Okay, I wasn't playing. I missed obviously, I'm well document miss the first fourteen games of the season. It wasn't playing in November, missed all of training camp, everything. So I was like, I gotta do. I gotta take something out. I gotta sacrifice something, you know. And for the whole month of November, like I'm gonna do no desserts and no wine, no liquor, no nothing for.
Speaker 4: The whole my sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Two things come to mind. Everything's better with Coveno called Fino.
Speaker 7: What do you say?
Speaker 4: Two things I very love, two things I.
Speaker 7: Very love, very very love.
Speaker 3: You gave up chocolate chip cookies and wine to prepare for this season, and so many things come to mind. Giving up alcohol, as tough as it could be if you like it socially or to relax, or maybe you got a problem, it's a tough thing to do, but it makes such a difference, bro such a difference. I lost twenty pounds this past year. You know how I did nothing but give up alcohol. Yeah, for no real reason. I was just like, you know what, let me see if I can.
Speaker 2: It makes a big give it up alcohol seems like a non negotiable when I was like in my twenties or thirties. In your forties, when you realize how the hangover worse, yeah than half you are, you feel like I asked the day after, like if you're drinking on a Sunday watching football that next Monday, you're like, so I just.
Speaker 3: Started seeing myself in pictures. I'm like, what's going on? So it'd be a easy, big difference. It really did not crazy.
Speaker 2: And then you realize, not to sound irresponsible, but if you're not even getting a buzz, it really is just like empty calories. You know, if you don't have enough cocktails to get a nice little buzz going, then you're almost like, why did I have those two drinks?
Speaker 3: Well, if you're at the gym, right, it's like very counterproductive. If you're trying to stay healthy, you're trying to shed some pounds, yeah, or trying to get in shape for a basketball season, Yeah, it's not gonna do anything productive for you, So I mean, good move there. I find the chocolate chip cookie thing to be pretty tough, and it makes me think of things you'll never sacrifice.
Speaker 4: Rich, Ever, what's up, Danny j.
Speaker 9: Caitlin Clark Io Sam'll be excited about this? She chimed in on this topic. She said, I'd rather higher than do this. That's why he's him.
Speaker 2: You know, Cavino's uncle Joe as they call him, Hollywood Joe, but he's never left New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Well, that was gonna be my example. You can't steal my uncle's example. Get your own uncle's example, all right, my uncle Bartlett. But you know what, it's always it.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this to Rich and I think it's in both of our heads because we grew up in New Jersey and New York right east coast, and I think both of us have stolen the page.
Speaker 4: Of my uncle Joe.
Speaker 2: So my example, my example never it's my uncle who's never left the town.
Speaker 4: Never give it up, Pizza. You know, I'm gonna tell him you said that. Good. He's never used his example again. Okay, never leaves the town.
Speaker 2: That's funny because it's true, because it's true, But that's wrong to say on national radio, he says to come out here in puntry. He says he'll never give up pizza. In fact, he says he'll hit the treadmill every day until he dies in order to not ever.
Speaker 4: Give up pizza.
Speaker 2: And when you grow up with delicious pizza like we did, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: I'll never give up pizza. I won't eat it every day, but I'll never give it up. And when I say I stopped drinking too, for the record, like I'll still have a drink socially here and there, Like I'm not gonna not have a drink. I didn't go never ever, but I don't have them the way I did, Like Thursday Friday would hit depending on when the weekend would start for me, and I'd have maybe two a night.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 3: Anymore unless we're going out or whatever. Right, So what are those things you would never give up? Because I'll tell you what. I'd give up wine before chocolate chip cookies. And dude, let me throw out a shout out the best chocolate chip cookie. It might be your high school cookie when you think back to your high school lunch, So.
Speaker 4: You canna shout out otis spunk Meyer.
Speaker 2: It might be your otis spunk Meyer. You gonna shout out, it might be Linden's. You know those crunchy linden three packs. Oh yeah, that's what you gotta shout out. That was I got Danny g on the West Coast. Is that a lunch room favorite too? Like that three pack of chocolate chip cookies?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: We had that here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me and my high school friends we called them Libby's because one of my stoner friends thought they were Barnando for years.
Speaker 4: Just he was like, I got my Libbys, bro, what are you talking about? You mean Linden's, you dumbass.
Speaker 9: By the way, rich Rich mentioned lent kind of, but it does start today and it runs through April.
Speaker 7: Second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what yesterday was Fat Tuesday? What do we give it? I know I was very prepared for that.
Speaker 2: If you look at the video from your Yeah, I had my daughter's tacos and my Tacos extra door though yesterday chocolate chip cookies my favor. I cannot resist. Sometimes I'll pull in like a slob just for the cookie and that subway soggy cookies. I love me some subway sandwiches. Soggy chocolate chip cookies. When you talk about the best cookies, I know for a fact that correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: What hold heal chain is it that has warm cookies? Double Tree?
Speaker 2: And anytime we ever stay had a Double Tree on a business trip or any whatever time we stayed at ESPN Bristol, we were right there, it would give us those cookies. But whatever hotel chain, I know it's Double Tree, but I think it's more than them. If they if someone gives out warm chrucolate chip cookies them, that's their thing. You don't even need to be hungry. You don't even need to stay there to go in there and get one. It's like Cavino who goes to the car dealership to get snacks. By the way, a lot of people don't know this, but yes I do do that, and yes you He's like Larry David who goes to you remember made a double Tree. They looked you up with warm fresh. They have like a little stove kind of counter.
Speaker 7: It is a double Tree by Hilton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice for their cookies influencers. They make a big deal of taste testing their cookies because their next level dope. You remember when Larry David on kerb would go to the BMW dealership just for the licorice.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So based on Lebron, what are things you'll never give up, no matter what, no matter what, no matter what. Because I told him again, I wonder if there's a loophole here because he says specifically chocolate chip cookies. Does that mean he's rocking some girl scouts? Does that mean he's rocking some peanut butter cookies.
Speaker 4: That's probably just his crutch.
Speaker 2: Probably late night Lebron, who's a physical specimen, was probably like, all right, even I Lebron, James will have a glass of red wine and a sleeve of chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 4: But he's like, not now, not anymore.
Speaker 2: People like that that have routines or they binge on stuff, like my dad's a great example, right, Big Steve Cavino A.
Speaker 4: Was up a what's up Turkey? He what's up? Dad? He's up? Fool you dad.
Speaker 2: It's got like great seventies, Josh, Yeah, he was cookie.
Speaker 3: Like, my dad will come home, Hey you want some pizza? Yeah, Dad'll order pizza.
Speaker 2: But every time I came home, I feel like Dad's binging on something else, so he'd be.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I gave up fill in the blank.
Speaker 3: Hey, I get he gave up late night boozing, right, but you know what he does now pints of ice cream every by the pint every night.
Speaker 2: And I don't blame him. So if I'm gonna have him pint, I'm gonna eat the whole thing, Ben, Jerry and Steve now check, I'll check the serving size just I don't know, for fun, but then I'll finish the whole thing anything anyway, But like my dad will say like, and then it'll be like, yeah, I gave up by scream, but good dad, And then you see him binging on fag Newton's right, So it'll always be something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what will you never compromise? Based on Lebron James, who I do commend him, he gave up two of his favorite things chilcolate chip cookies and the old Veno to prepare for this thiss like a two prong question where it's like, what would you never give up? And what is that thing that you know is destructive? Meaning like you have one or two of them to me late night kids are sleeping and I get the munchies or something. If I see a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips, I know that if I open that.
Speaker 4: Bag, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to open the bag because I know if I do, it's sort of over. Yeah, I start thinking things. Remember how I used to flirt with girls in the nearly two thousands, Like ooh, you're dangerous?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? Yeah, that was a great move.
Speaker 7: You're just dangerous?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: To stay away? Yeah? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I'm dangerous?
Speaker 7: You just are.
Speaker 10: He's like the cheeseballs soccer player on Love Is Blood exactly like that. That's what made me think of it. Stop giving me.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel looking at a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips in the bag's like what do you mean?
Speaker 7: I'm like, you're dangerous.
Speaker 2: Just get out of my face, and I'm taking you should probably keep your disks.
Speaker 4: Seriously, like, don't even like, don't even look at me. What do you mean? You're dangerous?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's the That's one of those things where I'm like, just stay away.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you one thing. I'll never give up. One thing I'll never give up.
Speaker 2: And I'm having it right now, I'm a coffee snob and I like a cold brew from Starbucks. And I'm okay knowing that the vanilla sweet cream it's not a ton but sugary coffees. Even when I'm on like a mission, even when I'm eating grilled chicken and fish and rice and veggies, and even on those weeks where I'm like, you know what I'm gonna do, like a juice cleans, I still will sneak in a few sugary coffees. It's non negotiable for me unless my doctor.
Speaker 3: What if you have to free up cap space like the chiefs, what if you have to make some sacrifice you're not willing to cut out it's sink do the math. That's six bucks time seven. I'll sacrifice some gaps. I don't do it every day shirt, but.
Speaker 2: I will say though, even when I'm on like a health mission, like hey, I'm going on vacation and I want to look good for my wife, I'm gonna try to trim up. We're going to Mexico in March. And by the way, Rich loves his coffee now, he likes his sugar and cream with coffee. I do like the he likes the sugar with coffee and cream. I get the his thing is so sweet at that. I get the vanilla sweet cream colbrew. It's a cold brew and it just has they top it off with that sweet cream, and I'm okay with I know it's not good for me.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: Guys like you say, have your coffee black, like a man, have you coffee, Get.
Speaker 4: Out of here. This is my treat.
Speaker 2: Forty two forty two bucks a week times, for one hundred and sixty eight bucks a month, you're spending on Starb's for yourself, not counting the cake pops for your little nose picking kids. Rich is already, yeah, not counting what you get for your wife on your way back home. And that's a lie too, because they'll have two a day sometimes. I see it myself, Sugar, so put that perspective. Must be nice to be rich, Davis, to be able to spend one hundred and sixty eight plus.
Speaker 4: On coffee, must be nice, he says.
Speaker 2: The guy must be nice, says the guy who I feel like, where's a brand new Yankee hat?
Speaker 4: Every day? That's right, you got a problem. I'll never give it up. Problem ever, I'll never give it.
Speaker 2: Up, So one of those things you'll never give up, Lebron. If you missed the beginning of the show ten minutes ago, welcome Covino.
Speaker 7: Rich.
Speaker 2: You know you think it starts with what your daughter was talking about tacos. Who in the world you think there's a Mexican on earth or anybody on Earth that says, you know, for.
Speaker 4: Land, for anything.
Speaker 3: You know what, giving up tacos never happened, never will. Well, that's why Mexicans don't have abs.
Speaker 2: I know it's you know, it's your story, but you did mention your You know, your uncle Joe. If I go, he hits the treadmill every day just so he can eat pizza, even when it's like trash pizza. If I'm at one of my kids friend's birthday parties, you know, my kids are young, so I'm in the mode where I still got to go to the birthday.
Speaker 4: Party and hang.
Speaker 2: If they break out pizza, like little Nylan's birthday party, it could be trash pizza and they're like, hey, parents, help yourself, And I'm like, that's it's like dominoes are papping John.
Speaker 4: It's not even good pizza. Now I'm good.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like that I can have a little piece, like they're like four slices later, I'm like, what am I doing?
Speaker 4: I don't think I could ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you give up pizza or really just two regular slices. Dude, I'm the king of going back into the pantry, which is the king of Ah can't but I must. I am the king of going back into the pantry late night. And sometimes it's sometimes it's just straight up. Sometimes it's after an edible. It doesn't matter. I mean there are times where I.
Speaker 4: Do that thing.
Speaker 2: It's the equivalent of like having many slice of pizza one after the other, and you, dude, just take the pizza. I'll go and grab like five or six chips twenty different times, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: What, who am I kidding?
Speaker 3: You know what the biggest, biggest dirt bag move is and you mentioned munchies, not me, you mentioned edibles is when you have a hankering for something. I'm just saying a hankering. I'm not even throwing edibles in here, just a hankering. And you open that pantry because something's calling your name inside, and you open it again and again and again, and it's like the eighth time you opened it, yea, and nothing new was going to appear, by the way, I've learned that.
Speaker 2: And you ravage like one of your kid's treats, or even worse, like your wife's and she was waiting for it. And then you feel like the fat slab of the house us who ate their little treat?
Speaker 4: Where's the.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 3: Or your kids God forbid because they'll have a freak out, or if they were saving it for later, and you're the slab that ate it.
Speaker 7: Oh what do you mean?
Speaker 4: You got gushers stuck on your nose? Babe. I'm packing the kid's lunch. Where's the fruit roll ups?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's, by the way, that's the most pathetic.
Speaker 2: You don't have snacks for their lunch box because you were a fat slab the night before. Where's the cheese? It's beats me. So again, get some control of yourself. But things you'll never give up or sacrifice. I want you to call and I want to chime man. But something to think about too.
Speaker 3: I just had a reason to hit the gym because you know what, I'll never sacrifice this.
Speaker 4: I'll hit the gym so that I don't ever.
Speaker 3: Have to sacrifice it's because Lebron gave up cookies and wine. And you know what, I commend them for it, because if that's his thing, Like you know, we only have so many joys in life.
Speaker 2: I let them enjoy his cookies and wine. Lebron, I think he's earned it. The reality is, yes, you want to live a nice, long, healthy life.
Speaker 7: But is it?
Speaker 4: Is it a happy, long, healthy life.
Speaker 2: If you say I'm never having cookies again, imagine you're like, for the rest of my life, no cookies.
Speaker 4: What a lame ass existence.
Speaker 2: By the way, Sam, if you really read between the lines, I think we found your way to Caitlyn Clark's cota son, so your way to her heart. Some cookies, man, some girl scouts, some samoas. What are those new ones called the explore mos? Yeah, the some explore mores? Maybe Sam cender box. Apparently she can't resist.
Speaker 7: He'd like to explore more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would, she'd never give up her cookies.
Speaker 5: Also, chocolate chip cookies and red wine separate very good together. Necessarily, I don't see those two flavors matching, very meshing very well.
Speaker 2: So two things I very love together. Dip in chocolate, ship cookies into my wind no, but he said two things.
Speaker 4: I very love.
Speaker 2: He didn't stay together though, you know what that is why. I don't know if you've noticed this. I'm sure you have. A lot of your favorite retired superstars become thick. They become a little chubby because when you are a specimen and you're playing professional sports every day and your training and you're on the ball field or you're in the court, you're on a combine, you're doing all these things, you're allowed to eat like de Floyd Mayweather Michael Phelps theory, you're allowed to eat trash because you're burning so many calories in your machine. That's why you see a lot of athletes retire and they and you know, a lot of they could go one of two ways. Sometimes retired athletes get chiseled because they're just cut from that cloth.
Speaker 4: Like discipline. Other guys just become you know.
Speaker 3: It's a matter of they got playing and you're less disciplined than you used to be. And it's also a matter of you're just getting like, yeah, you can't eat in your thirties or forties, fifties the same way you did in your twenties. You just can't. And some people never make that adjustment. Never make that change. Should ever start packing the pounds. You ever see some kid, Dude, my brother still eats like he's twenty something. He's getting thick. You ever see some twenty something year old.
Speaker 2: You'll be in New York City or like Sixth Street in Austin, or Bourbon Street in New Orleans and all these young twenty somethings are having pizza and like sliders at like two am, and you're like, yeah, you can't do that forever, dope.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, bro, my brother's in his thirties now right, and I'm like, hey, maybe, uh, maybe you don't need all those curly fries with your giant chicken palm sandwich. And by the way, Tommy, it's it's one am. I don't think we need do we need to order chicken parm at one am eating like a sligh? Maybe you don't need all that fat darrel in your life. You know, that ridiculous sandwich with all the fixens at two am in your third Southand yeah they're like fat South sandwiches. Yeah, yeah, they're called fat darrels. They started in New Jersey. They're like sandwiches with chicken fingers, because.
Speaker 2: That's what you need, mazzarella sticks on your sandwich. You could eat that in your twenties. So anyway, what Lebron is doing is smart. And how about this retiring? It is National Drink Wine Day and it's also day one of lent. Like Iowa Sam said, So what do you give up? Lebron said for him when he needs to give something up, it's cookies and wine. We'll take your feedback. We'll took some baseball, some baseball news, Yo, Tony Clark, what does he think he's above the law. We'll get to some MLB stuff, some football news in the world of the Kansas City Chiefs. All coming up right here on CNR. Remember we're streaming live Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w APP. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it.
Speaker 7: J Jed.
Speaker 1: Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, get that subscribe button and smash that note of cation bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two pros and a cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away, it's a.
Speaker 8: True story to when I stopped drink.
Speaker 7: Okay, so I.
Speaker 8: Wasn't playing as obviously as the season started. Yeah, you know, so I needed to give up something. I gotta sacrifice something, and I actually did two things that I very love, and that is drinking wine and my chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 2: Oh there it is wine and chocolate chip cookies. Two cook lebron will never give up? Wait what Rick Assie was singing about? Yeah, never go to give I didn't know. Hey, we're Thevino and rich In for Dan Patrick with super producer Danny g and Iowa Sam And if you like our show, well, first off, thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You got great taste. Don't ever give it up.
Speaker 3: We're on Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West, So shout out to the affiliates and if you don't air us. Please do, We'll come and broadcast in your city. We can all be friends and let's do that. And yeah, hit up the podcast and catch us live on YouTube now or later at Covino and rich FSR and our bonus podcast is here. Over promised. Hey at COO and rich FSR. If you don't carry.
Speaker 4: Us, we'll screw you. Who needs you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, baby, I love you.
Speaker 3: We are live from the Fox Sports Radio studio here in the mean streets of l A.
Speaker 2: You gotta talk to me about the hottest rookies, biggest superstars, and all time greats. The only place to collect all with the Dan Patrick Show. The Panini Trading Card, the official trading card of the Dan Patrick Show for instant classics, autograph cards, memorabilly cards, rare inserts and more. Start or continue your collection now at Panini America dot net. I should be the tagline as a big Mic who runs this place, toguy that runs forts Mike who runs his place.
Speaker 4: He also said, oh, I would never give up a charcoalt chip cookies.
Speaker 2: And he then said something that else like fine he goes. The chocolate chip needs to be the star.
Speaker 4: Chocolate chip needs to be the star.
Speaker 2: It's all about the chip because I said, what do you like? Do you like the crunchy chocolate chip cookie or the soft.
Speaker 3: By the way, we bring this up for two reasons this National Drink Wine Day and Lebron James Superstar says he gave up chocolate chip cookies and wine to prepare for the season.
Speaker 7: Three reasons. You were a race Catholic, Yes, right I was.
Speaker 3: And yeah, lent has begun. Maybe you got to sacrifice some things Creed style. And the Lakers did express that they would bring Lebron back for one more year, right, Danny G Does that get you excited?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you even want that if both sides are cool, they're cool.
Speaker 4: One more year for the farewell tour.
Speaker 2: I think didn't we sort to bury the lead there we talked about I mean, I didn't hear that. You know what you know, there's some nights where you fall asleep, burly and you miss something.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean you can't catch everything. I know we want to, and once in a while you do miss little something. Something's going through the radar. I call it the Koma theater. There are times where someone everyone's talking about something. I'm like, oh, sorry, what are you guys talking about? What do you mean we buried the lead though I thought the lead was he came up chocolate ship cookies. No, I agree, but I did. I didn't hear that uh open to coming back to the Lakers. I thought it was pretty inevitable that it was Cleveland, maybe Golden State, somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I believe in no way in the world does Lebron walk away. He's doing one more year. It's just a matter of where. I didn't think the Lakers were going to be an option. Well, remember Rich, it was all rumors. Yeah, and none of it came from either Lebron or the Lakers.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, man like, and everybody bites on this stuff. Meanwhile, you know the plan is probably to come back.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what, I looked at it this way.
Speaker 2: You know, in the NFL, the owner of the Browns described to Sean Watson as a mistake, and you're like, well, that means it's sort of over there. When Genie bust and it came out that she and Lakers' front office folks felt disrespected and were sort of over Lebron. Didn't that feel like they're riding on the wall for you. Now, we're going to do a farewell to well, you know what. Those fires could be put out easy too, though. I think people love the drama and their name in the headlines, because Lebron could have easily said, like, hey, listen, everything's good, be cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's not up to the bus family anymore, up to the new group, which everybody thinks they're gonna go on a little bit of a spending spree this upcoming off season.
Speaker 3: And on the flip side, yeah, because that would be an amazing farewell to go out on top, and they got to put something behind it, or they could just be saying the right thing or that. So yeah, on the flip side, rich doesn't mean it's going to happen. But what they said is they're open and hoping they could bring them back for one more year.
Speaker 2: But like Danny g said, all sides have to agree on that. So that's not official by any means, but it seems like they're working towards that.
Speaker 4: So Lebron James in the news and it was wind Torus.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, inter rept Covi, I was remind you it was wind Tours who reported that the Lakers would need him to rework his contract. Remember, and that's kind of when that.
Speaker 10: Whole story, you know, Spiraled, I have a question, Danny G.
Speaker 2: I know later on we're going to talk about baseball Tony Clark and how baseball I want to talk about the salary cap as well, because if we're if we're headed towards owners and players, and you know, baseball's popping right now, this is not the time for baseball to misstep like the WNBA, where I'm like, do you guys, you ladies have to play like momentums on your side place, you know, like we're gonna talk baseball, but with there being a cap and the way the NBA is structured, if Lebron James really wanted to go out on top and really wanted to bookend his career somewhere, whether it's Cleveland or stay with the Lakers and really have one more really good run. The guy is a billionaire, and I know it's easy for me as a regular dude to be like, give up the money, Lebron, But when the guy could do anything merchandising, different businesses, companies, you know, in the media, he's an LA guy. He's got his finger in a million different investments. You don't think Lebron could be like, Yo, what if I took the league minimum and we added another huge piece and I go out a champion? Isn't there more value in that?
Speaker 4: Already giving up chocolate chip cookies and wine?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, chocolate chip cookies, wine and money.
Speaker 4: I mean it makes complete sense.
Speaker 9: They ain't gonna happen. He and his agent aren't gonna do this, No, I know. The simple reason is Lebron has been stacking these millions of dollars because his endgame probably in Vegas, and then you could.
Speaker 4: Hear maybe a cool story if he went out on top they won, you could hear.
Speaker 2: I've heard people say, what if Lebron goes out with the team he ends up owning, Like, then there's a story there.
Speaker 4: But what team is that? If it's a new team, we don't have time to wait for that, right.
Speaker 9: That's as plausible as Tom Brady suiting up to play quarterback for the Raiders.
Speaker 4: But there isn't there a part of you?
Speaker 2: And I know, such an easy thing for a simpleton like me to say, But if you're Lebron James and you want to win number five. Right, you want to win number five? You win five, You're tied with Kobe, Tim Duncan and so many others.
Speaker 4: Right, is it Magic has five too? I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you want five and you and it takes you to that next level, and man, that would be pretty sweet. Right, you're telling me that Lebron can't sacrifice one year of NBA money and find a way to make money some other way.
Speaker 4: This guy's a billionaire. I feel this way a lot about people in big power positions. I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm not a I'm not saying you should live in a socialist society where Lebron makes the same as some schlub. But if you really do want to win, imagine Lebron freed up that money and they're like, no, now we can bring in another star, So it could be Lebron, Luca and another like top tier guy.
Speaker 9: Well, I think the Lakers' new ownership can still make things happen because of their deep pok is. Obviously they have to worry about what's going on with the league and the money spent. But in back up for a second, Magic Johnson nineteen eighty eighty two, eighty five, eighty seven eighty eight five rings.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying, if you want to match that five, I'm not saying build a super team, but.
Speaker 4: What would like it?
Speaker 2: Just like we're gonna talk later about Mahomes, he's taking a little less money. They're restructuring so that the Chiefs could revamp if you want to win, does it look like tom Brady's doing okay? Now, Danny g You look at tom Brady, Safety's and doing all right? Yeah, you know, the guy that took less money than he really could have as a quarterback every year to have a great team around them. So it seems like tom Brady's doing just fine, just fine. I'm not saying anything prove that it works. I'm not saying Lebron should should take two million dollars a year, but does a lot of ron need to take sixty two.
Speaker 4: Million dollars a year?
Speaker 9: I was looking at the current NBA salary cap. It's at one hundred and fifty four point sixty four to seven million per team right.
Speaker 2: Now, saying Lebron could help manufacture a winner if I want.
Speaker 4: To get generous.
Speaker 2: It's a take less now for more later sort of situation. Because going out with five, I think is better business and better for his legacy to go out on top, you know, and again there's no guarantee at least go for it. I think it's the investment in his future, whether it's an owner or just his legacy. I think he'd make that up plenty just by having that fifth championship if he went.
Speaker 4: Out on top.
Speaker 2: I think there's just so much value of him walking away a winner, or even on a really winning team. You know, when people invest in things, and that's a lot of money, but it makes sense. I heard someone criticize the Kardashians because they spend millions of dollars a year on their looks and treatments, and it's like, yeah, but that's their brand.
Speaker 4: And when you hear.
Speaker 2: Athletes spends millions a year on trainers and help, this helps his brand and his legacy. How many more years do some players play because they have the right trainers and dietitians and chefs and everything that's part of building your own brand and and nurturing your product.
Speaker 4: I don't know that's my thought that I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I just think Lebron James is in a position where, if he really wanted to be ridiculously selfless and say, let's build a team around me, y'all take I gotta take ten mil. I'll I make money from ten to twenty. Other things going on. Let's win an NBA title. That's that's the lebron Finally your blueprint?
Speaker 7: If hes me?
Speaker 4: But what do I know?
Speaker 2: All right, Covino and Rich your thoughts? You want to say, what's up to Orlando, Danny g or what? Who's online?
Speaker 7: One? There?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's uh Mark? And actually I was waiting because he just had a compliment. So I was like, yeah, I mean, that's nice and everything, but I don't want you guys' heads to and by the way, I I don't trust it anyway, So yeah, you think that was his entry onto I.
Speaker 2: I want to compliment the guys, Yeah, exactly. I don't want to get bamboozle, like, oh, how nice?
Speaker 4: Who is he? Hey?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 11: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Fellas?
Speaker 11: What's hey?
Speaker 6: Three things?
Speaker 11: Number one, I've always listened to DP and what they would say filling for DP, I would hang up my phone, but you guys keep me on.
Speaker 4: That's the best compliment.
Speaker 7: Appreciate it. I'm waiting.
Speaker 4: That's one. Number two. Number two is just kidding you.
Speaker 6: Guys rock Thank you number two. I've been in Florida thirty five years, but I'm hardcore Detroit fan. Every way, upside down, in between, diagonal, however you want to put it. But what's your what's your your guys take on the Detroit sports scene.
Speaker 2: Detroit sports scene, I think you're starting rotation. They're one of the greatest UH cities in the world.
Speaker 7: Let's talk Kid Cunningham.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you right now, but I was gonna say, you have three things going on. You're an Orlando guy, but Detroit, you got three things going on that you should be excited about. Kate Cunningham and the Pistons are like under the radar awesome just because they you know, the NBA, it's mid season of the NBA. No one's paying that much attention. But the Pistons are a mid season The Pistons are a top tier team. I think the Lions bounced back in a big way next year. I just think I just think without Ben Johnson, Sam, I'll give you credit. I was saying from the beginning was like something's off without Ben Johnson. They need to figure out the offense. They're still good. They'll be fine next year, I think, and I think the Detroit Tigers, well, you were twining around with Schoobl and he's not staying long term. But as long as you have him, if you have Schoobl Valdez and you know, Verlander's gonna try to finish strong, He's He's going to really give it as all. They might have the best starting rotation in the American League. That's great veteran presence in the rotation. So I'd be humped about that.
Speaker 7: So there you go.
Speaker 2: And you know what, that's the key he just said. Usually when I hear Phil and I hate it, but I love you guys. That's why we fill in for Dan Patrick to win you guys over one by one.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you? Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And number three Coveno rules, Hey, thank you man. Yeah, that was that was the number three.
Speaker 7: Right now, Look, we got to go. We ran out of time. We got more.
Speaker 4: Next.
Speaker 2: Your whole family's going down on Doyle. We have more Covino rich in for Dan Patrick next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Two things I love very much? What red wine and chocolate chip cookies Lebron style. No, it's two things I very love, two things I very love. It's like that old saying, rich, don't job your love, love your job or what was it? That was it?
Speaker 1: That was it?
Speaker 4: No, don't love your job, job you loved. That's what all.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, ASH Wednesday here with CNR. So you'll see a bunch of people at work today. Don't try to clean off their head that's ashes. Don't pull on Oprah with Drew Brees' scar let me wipe that off his mark.
Speaker 4: Get away from me. So I'm Camino.
Speaker 7: That is rich.
Speaker 3: We're in for Dan Patrick, Iowa sam Our sound architect playing some ub forty. We got Danny g super producing on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We got to talk some If we have time, I want to talk MLBWBC because that starts well next month.
Speaker 4: But Tony Clark is the store. There's baseball drama.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you if you are partaking in ASH Wednesday, hopefully the priest who administers your ashes is Neat.
Speaker 4: I was raised Catholic, right, Hopefully he washes his hands.
Speaker 2: And you see people going around town with the ashes on their head, right doing their religious thing. Some people messy that. There's some don't you feel like there's some priests that take their time with a little little can I be honest, and then there's some pit I commend anybody going to get the rashes. I do, right, I go up Catholic, like danyg said, But there's a part of me that feels like it's like the people that back into a parking spot. Yeah, what do you think you're better than me? I didn't have time, but you think you're better. I think you're better off the people who wear the eye voted sticker is both of those feeling it's the same feelings. Sam, you think you're better than you can say that because you are raised cattle. Yeah, I backed into a parking spot while wearing the eye voted sticker. Yeah, because with ashes on your head if you didn't have time, and I'm sure that's just an excuse.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: We can make time like you do. It makes you feel bad. So I resent people that walk around all proud with their ashes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, there's a good chance if you're backing into your parking spot. You have an eye voted sticker and ashes on your head because you're just the greatest guy.
Speaker 4: Think you better than me?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: Do you think you and you put your grocery cart back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but everyone should do that. Everybody should. What do you think you're better than me?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's an excuse to not ever put your grocery cart back.
Speaker 7: Agree.
Speaker 4: Did you see that guy?
Speaker 9: What if it's raining in the grocery cart lineup is all the way on the other side of the park.
Speaker 4: It's a test of character, Danny. Have you seen those guys.
Speaker 7: And you got a toddler screaming in the car?
Speaker 4: Have you seen those guys on TikTok or Instagram?
Speaker 2: Very specific example, it happened two days ago, pavilions here for three days.
Speaker 7: I buddy hopped it up onto a curve because okay, well that's fair.
Speaker 2: You see those guys on social media that are like there, they look at what they look for justice with shopping carts.
Speaker 4: You ever see those dudes?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course if that person got in your face, what would you do? Because I've seen those people all the time. The people like about it, maybe depending on my mood, Oh you got You're right.
Speaker 7: My man, I'd run them over with my grocery cart.
Speaker 2: It just it just depends the mood I'm in and who was squeezing my shoes that day. Anyway, we are live streaming live on YouTube Coveno and Rich FSR at Covino and Rich fsr in factoris We've got to pull up the live chat because people start chopping it up back and forth talking smack.
Speaker 4: So join the live chat.
Speaker 3: Speak your mind there if you don't feel like calling. And if you miss anything, this is day three of the Dan Patrick Patrick for us. If you miss anything, catch the podcast. Danny G puts a condensed version the best of every Day. Wherever you stream your podcast, search Coveno, Enrich, follow, rate and review five stars because anything less uncivilized appreciated.
Speaker 2: Tony Clark Tony Clark. Yeah, this guy's does he thinking? Steven Sagal above the law?
Speaker 4: This guy out for justice?
Speaker 8: Is he?
Speaker 4: I bet you Tony Clark doesn't put his shopping cart back. He's under siege. All right, I'm done with the cigal references. Tony Clark baseball, what's going on?
Speaker 2: We'll break it down. Give you the cliff notes next, and we'll talk some NFL. A lot of fun here, Covin on rich In for the great Dan Patrick, hang Ty