Speaker 1: In the spirit of old people in general. I mean just you know, you get to do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: You just get to be weirder and weirders given that here we go, here we go.
Speaker 1: Now you have You've reached it.
Speaker 3: Ab you have done it, my dear, you are fifty years old.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, And the ironic thing is that everybody at this resort I went to, they kept saying congratulations, not happy birthday, but congratulations, like and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I made it.
Speaker 4: I made it to Beaty and I am Maddy Betty, Hey, good job.
Speaker 1: You know it was an accomplishment. I made it to this day. Congratulations, Thank you. I worked quite hard should get to this point. I always say that when people are like.
Speaker 3: I want to say my age, I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, no no. You earned every day that you have up until now. Do not deny yourself or anyone else.
Speaker 1: The ability to know that you have fought for every day of fifty that you've been here. You know.
Speaker 3: Heck yeah no, it isn't songs. It's all over now.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm just getting started. I'm so ready for my Golden Girls era. Like, give me my breaking.
Speaker 3: Toss out the momos and the cattans. Here we come, here we come.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are back, we are back, And yeah, I had such I'll give you the recap. I had an amazing fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 1: I did not your picture.
Speaker 3: I just had the picture you sent us our little HRT group chat was like ab just chilling in.
Speaker 1: A pool with her son hat.
Speaker 3: I think you posted it maybe too, but it was I was so happy.
Speaker 1: For you in that moment. I was like, that is exactly what she needs to be doing.
Speaker 2: That is exactly what I wanted to do, and it was just incredible. So I did not go to see Backstreet Boys in Orlando like you, like you suggested im. Don't you don't remember you making that joke like three weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Yes, I said I didn't want.
Speaker 2: To go to Vegas because it'd be too crowded and loud.
Speaker 1: So I am doing the opposite.
Speaker 2: And you said, are you going to see Backstreet Poison Orlando, which is the opposite in Vegas.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Yeah, it was a great joke. Yeah, he's funny.
Speaker 3: I like that you but I said that I'm a fifty year old and I've explined the joke made me and my friends trying to write a show. We all of a sudden come out with four brilliant jokes and then none of us can remember what us or the other person said, and we're like, oh, no, I have to turn on my AI.
Speaker 1: Not taking just so I know what I said. This is so related away back to your old day, so really good, back to my old day. So no.
Speaker 2: I went to Nayarit, Mexico, which is the jungle part of Mexico, which I didn't even know existed.
Speaker 1: I mean, you didn't know it existed.
Speaker 2: Well, when I think of Mexico, I think of like beaches, you know, and sand I didn't.
Speaker 3: I did. There is like, there's what do you think about in between the beaches, because there's a coast on one side, as a coast on the other. What's in between, Well, dungle. It turns out there's jungle this place.
Speaker 2: So I went to one and only Mandarina, and it's where the jungle meets the ocean. So I was in a treehouse, in a treehouse in the jungle with a view of the ocean, which was absolute perfection.
Speaker 1: That's I want to do that.
Speaker 2: I didn't want sand I didn't want, like I just wanted to be surrounded by nature, and this resort delivered.
Speaker 1: Like being hugged by a tree. Yeah, that's exactly what it was.
Speaker 2: And this this place, this was not camped or anything like this. They don't I'm not doing an ad or anything right now.
Speaker 3: This is an I didn't good shipped for free. I just really had a good time and they told me congratulations.
Speaker 2: Everywhere they don't know who I am. There was nothing that anything like, So yeah, this is just my genuine impressious But the thing that I loved most about this place is that it's not like they bulldozed a bunch of rainforests to create this hotel with a view. They very intentionally built this place using the existing like topography.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's like, look, if you're gonna do it, don't don't mess with it.
Speaker 1: Don't mount me as little as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, this is They very much put nature at the forefront of every thoughtful design, and they did not cut down a single mature tree to build this place.
Speaker 1: That makes me so happy if they it makes me really really happy to that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Like I get really excited when I find out that, like people are actually trying to not cut down trees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it makes.
Speaker 3: A big like I think they relocated some trees and replant like a few sometimes happened the.
Speaker 1: Mature trees, like the two hundred year old.
Speaker 2: Trade, the big old ones, the treehouses on stilt, you know, up and around these trees.
Speaker 1: So that's the view that I had. Was natural.
Speaker 2: They didn't create this view, but the trees, like this is what it was.
Speaker 1: It was just amazing.
Speaker 3: Those pictures are now even more incredible and now I want to go back and be like, oh wow.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. Yeah, it was very very cool.
Speaker 3: It was very like living in Avatar basically. Yeah, it was minus the blue people. So yeah, it was just it's a very magical place. It's on the resorts on eighty acres of this jungle. The entire property six hundred acres, but the place where I stayed was eighty acres, and so there's lots.
Speaker 2: Of like hills and winding paths and like.
Speaker 1: There's heavy just like meander around the nature.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I said, I think I sent you the video of the found your.
Speaker 1: New favorite bird, the Kuka birr or whatever's Legitimately, I woke up with Chachalaca jo a lot.
Speaker 2: It's you know, they they sounded like rusty machinery. This is how I woke up on my fiftieth birthday. Was and I'm like, what's happening?
Speaker 1: But it was fascinating.
Speaker 2: So I was all about like the birds and the kawakilars, that's the first thing we said.
Speaker 1: And you did not bring your birding binocular you know. Michael said the same thing. He's like, we forgot the binoculars. And I was like, ah, so you know, that's okay. But I was in a treehouse.
Speaker 2: I was like, yours, so that's okay. But yeah, it was just it was so me, just feeling like there's I came home thinking a lot and learning more about like biophilia, which is like humans innate need to connect with the nature and how it restores us mentally and emotionally. And that's me Like, that's why I like the birds, the bald eagles, That's why I love It's.
Speaker 3: I found that when I came back from Panama after I did that show, lived in the jungles for two weeks. I always was like, I'm not really an outdoorsy person.
Speaker 1: Oh and I.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden realized, No, I really really am. Like I was just thinking this week, I was like, I need some nature. I need to be in trees because I just I realize now, like it's the only thing that really calms me completely down.
Speaker 1: Wants to be like in a forest, in trees, in nature.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it's very restorative.
Speaker 1: And I biophilia. That sounds a little weird, but I'm gonna it sounds like a disease, but no, it's a it's a concept.
Speaker 3: Sounds like something that you wouldn't want to research on the internet, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just yeah, I know it's about how that's why your nervous system feels like it's calming down as you go barefoot in the grass or surround yourself with the rainforest noises or you know, there's I'm very deeply connected to that. So in that sense, this was the perfect place for me to be. And we did like clay mud treatments, we did coples massage, we did a tequila tasting of different spirits like repissodo and mescal.
Speaker 3: So I thought of your husband I was doing that, and so toll Ri si Ya or what there was isn't there like an inejo and it's like a yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like I used to really went back in my drinking days. There was a great little bar. It was an all tequila bar and they had it was the first place that I learned that tequila doesn't have to burn your throat and make you puke.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and it can actually be really like yeah, like really.
Speaker 2: Smooth, like I had like an Oakie tequila because it had been aged in a barrel for like fifteen years, which is like I didn't know that. So there's yeah, there's different ways of making it, distilling it so that it creates different tastes and different.
Speaker 1: Strengths and different Yeah, it was just super cool. I was.
Speaker 2: I just very much sipped that because otherwise between the.
Speaker 3: Humidity and the heat and my age, Like, first of all, it's health water that we've determined that the water, but I shot time has determined tequila is actually has ren rebranded as health water, and I you need to stay hydrated.
Speaker 1: It's very humid. Yeah, it was very humid. So it's actually one reason not to drink is because well yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why I just did the SIPs. There was eight different types of spirits. So I was like, I'm just doing one sip per and that was plenty.
Speaker 1: But there was that.
Speaker 2: We did a nature hike and saw a five hundred year old tree they call Abuela, which is like this ancient fig tree, which is it's dying unfortunately but it's still up for now.
Speaker 1: Like the Grandmother tree. Yeah. Oh it was so great. It was just a did you get to hug it? I did.
Speaker 2: I got to hug it. Michael and I took some pictures in front of it. Oh, and then they laid out like this yoga mat and so we did some meditations and like the sound bath and I was like, yes, I never wanted to leave it was.
Speaker 1: It was incredible, but oh, that's amazing. It was great.
Speaker 2: I was very ready to get back to southern California weather because the humidity kicked my I am just not used to that type of I don't.
Speaker 3: Mind humidity if I can be if I'm at a resort or at a beach or like, I don't have to look cute and I can just be roaming around in like shorts and a bathing suit tie, you know what I mean. Then I'm like, oh, this is great. I love humidity. Ye, I like love tropical weather. But if I have to be looking human and not sweaty.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not the place for me because.
Speaker 3: I start sweating and it doesn't stop.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I brought makeup and never put any on because it would just melt off my face.
Speaker 3: I've actually started stopped taking like makeup really on vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's because I'm like, I don't care when I'm at home. Why am I going to start doing it on vacation? Exactly. Yeah. I was like, well, I want to look I want to look ill, look good on my birthday.
Speaker 2: But I was like, no, I'm just like I care, I'll just put up my wet hair and sunscreenuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So great. So yeah, it was just otherworldly. It was dreamy.
Speaker 2: I loved it, and it's my celebration aren't over. I'm now I'm going to celebrate with my kids in the upcoming weeks. We're going to Catalina, just just me and my kids.
Speaker 1: No offense to Michael, but this is very special for me.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, this is like, this is a thing for your family Catalina, and so like to go with them.
Speaker 1: It's a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have you guys been have you been out there since like with your dad?
Speaker 2: Oh, we went with my dad a couple of years ago. Okay, since we've been since my mom passed, and so yeah, I think we went once or twice with my dad since then.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's just it's just me and the kids.
Speaker 2: Just I just want to reconnect with my my baby adults. They're so excited about it. They're not even like rolling their eyes and endurance because it's.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, You're like, look, it's kind of a different that, like, you guys are baby adults now, Like I'm not, I don't have to monitor you. You guys want to go hang out, Okay, fine, but like now we get to connect in a different way.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm I'm I'm very excited. And yeah, they were like, why don't we get to go to Mexico? So I'm like, we're going to Catalina because.
Speaker 1: Vacation, right right, there's that. But yeah, there's just something about in this.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's something about and you can relate to this being a single mom and raising your kids, like and I've I've that's not to say I've had a lot of help. I haven't raised them alone, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right right, I know he's gotten a lot Like my dad's are completely gone.
Speaker 1: When you have your mom is mom's mom.
Speaker 3: Mom is mom on the emotional labor and the all of a lot of the other exactly.
Speaker 2: And so this is kind of a celebration of like I did it, Like the city has just graduated from high school.
Speaker 1: It's a celebration of, like.
Speaker 2: I raised these kids, not alone, but I did a huge part in and raising them into the huids at the r And I'm really excited about it.
Speaker 1: Nobody's dead. Yeah, yeah, I mean like that, but for real, for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I think it's gonna be a very meaningful It's just an overnight of that. But I'm super super excited about it in a completely different way than I was for Mexico.
Speaker 3: So what was the name of the Mexico place again? Because I know people will want to see it and I want to write it down because I'm like, wait, hold on, treehouses, it's Mexico commnity.
Speaker 1: The keyword is Mandarina.
Speaker 3: Mandarina Okay, got it, like a little mandarin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's I stayed the one and only. It's a one and only property, so one and only Mandarina. They have a Rosewood next door as well, and it was it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was I've never been anywhere like it, like that, and it's in the state of Nayarite, which is about like an hour hour and a.
Speaker 1: Half north of Porto Riarta.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, we flew into Porto Arcta and uh and drove up to up the coast, through.
Speaker 3: The jungles into the jungle. Turns out there's more in between the coasts. There's more in between.
Speaker 2: And our last night was the Mexico versus England.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bummer to watch that game there. My house was very happy because of course it was Scal's English, so that's that's right.
Speaker 1: We had an opposite time watching. Oyeah.
Speaker 2: We were all yes, we were very sad, I'm sure, yeah, but it was very loud that night too there.
Speaker 3: Watching watching like World Cup in a place or in a country where people like live and breathe.
Speaker 1: Yep, soccer, it's a religion. Yes, so great.
Speaker 2: We tried to be like it was during our dinner hour and I'm like, I'm sorry, I don't want to disturb you guys, like, we'll just order and.
Speaker 1: Get out of here, right, We're good. Yeah, yea, yeah, I get I'll get my own my own pasta, I'll get the bar. Yeah. Yeah, back there making yourself a margarita. So that's it. I've talked enough. I love it.
Speaker 2: It was great, and yeah, I'm I'm very relaxed and very good.
Speaker 1: Fifty.
Speaker 2: I feel very fifty, but I feel great about it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yea and stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ki, thank you Molly Shannon for that brilliant Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well good, I'm glad. I'm glad you enjoy that.
Speaker 3: I he was for a little bit finishing up some work stuff. And it was also hot and miserably humid. It was the day that I think the heat index said it felt like one hundred and twelve and we.
Speaker 1: Had to work outside that day. So that was fun. Oh my gosh, that's right. Just pools of sweat, just just we can't help.
Speaker 2: We Southern Californians can't cope. Mad respect to the people who lived full time.
Speaker 3: Even everybody that was like this is terrible, like the locals are like, it's this is awful, even for us.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I didn't feel as bad. Did you do anything for the fourth? Like, I didn't do anything that was not a damn thing. Yes, all right, so I came.
Speaker 3: I flew home on the third from Philadelphia, actually, which I'm sure was killing it on the fourth, although for many reasons, they had i mean Fourth of July in Philadelphia, but also they had a World Cup game that.
Speaker 1: That day too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was like it was actually kind of probably would have been a fun day to be in Philly, yeah, other than the fact that it was miserably hot and everything was terrible and they were like thunderstorms and stuff. But no, I didn't do anything. Got home on the third. I came home, and I'm pretty sure I slept for like three days because the humidity just it.
Speaker 1: Wiped me out.
Speaker 3: We were only out there for like a week doing stuff, and it sucked the life right out of me. And then also just like the work schedule, you know, I always kind of have the decompression like a few days after work where I'm just like, I'm just gonna eat and sleep basically I'm going to hibernate for like three days and then I shall return.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's that's what I did when I got home from Mexico. I just like I drew all the blinds on, Like I just like, I just don't write, don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna recover. And you know, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: There's a it's a transition between coming home and between vacation and coming home.
Speaker 1: There's an adjustment. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I struggle with adjustments sometimes, so like coming back from work or vacation or leaving or you know, just.
Speaker 1: My little, my little touch of this, you know, Okay, sorry, This is why we all need to connect more with nature, you know, when you're in the middle of transit. Tree wild bear tree.
Speaker 3: I had like a three hundred and fifty year old tree in Scotland where we were staying. We're staying at this little place on a lock.
Speaker 1: Lot and it was this old yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was an old house that they'd converted into a small like little inn and one of the trees planted there and it was played by someone famous, but yeah, it was like three hundred fifty years old. And I just went and like I was like hugging trees on the property.
Speaker 1: People thought I was probably crazy.
Speaker 2: But oh, you know, I love tree, so yeah, go hug a tree and breathe some fresh air. Welcome back to how Rude Tan RINOs. I am now the fifty year old Andrea Barber.
Speaker 3: And I am not the fifty year old yet, Jody Sweeten, but my brain feels like seventy.
Speaker 2: And today we're discussing season seven episode for Tough Love. It originally aired October fifth, nineteen ninety three, and it goes a little something like this, Nicky and Alex's behavior gets out of hand when Becky and Jesse can't bring themselves to discipline them.
Speaker 1: When Jesse finally puts his foot down.
Speaker 2: He starts to regret it after the boys call him mean daddy.
Speaker 1: Mean daddy.
Speaker 3: Remember that mean daddy, Mean dad, Daddy, mean daddy.
Speaker 1: It's so cute.
Speaker 2: It was directed by Joels Wick. It was written by Ellen Gilis. And we have one returning guest star. Gail Edwards returns as Vicky. We love her, yep.
Speaker 1: Is this the first time we've seen her since they got engaged in Disney World or was she in like one.
Speaker 3: Of the last times disney World was disney World the end of season six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're now yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Then, I don't think we've seen her because he said he makes mention of Vicky's in town, so I think this is the first time we've seen her since. And she does make the very you know, explanatory of them. Well now that we're getting married, ah right, right, right for those and on season seven, yeah, I love those lines.
Speaker 1: So we start with the teezer.
Speaker 2: Michelle stands in the hallway with a sock puppet on her hand, and.
Speaker 1: She says, Stephanie, come here, you gotta see this.
Speaker 2: Steph says Michelle, don't tell me you're still trying to make that sock talk, and she replies, well, he can't walk, so come on, I've been practicing, and.
Speaker 1: That actually maybe loud. I was like, that's a funny okay, like that was a good one. That was a good one.
Speaker 2: So, without moving her mouth, Michelle begins moving the puppet and it speaks, Hi, my name is mister Pigsley. What's yours. Steph is legitimately stunned. How how nice to meet you?
Speaker 1: How how?
Speaker 2: The puppet replies. Steph's impressed, until she realizes the voice seems to be coming from the closet.
Speaker 1: I feel like it took stuff a little too longer.
Speaker 3: Realizing it was a beat too long, right, So I was smarter than this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was just playing a long with Michelle feel better than Yeah, that's true. It's a good big sister.
Speaker 2: So, despite mister Pigsley's warnings, she opens the door and finds Joey hiding inside. Joey climbs out and says, Oh, the inspection is over.
Speaker 1: No moths, no termites.
Speaker 2: I'll see you ladies in about six months. And then he walks out with it, almost with a plumber's crack.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I know, you know he did it. And then everyone was like, I don't think we can do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is such a Dave ad lib or.
Speaker 1: Used all the time.
Speaker 3: You just walk out of a scene like that, just like and just like lend of a short and is just the top of his butt crack and be hanging out just to make an ex an exit in a scene that didn't call for that.
Speaker 2: At all at least now it was like a reference to wait, at least somebody doing work on the house.
Speaker 1: But who's just I laughed. I laughed, laugh because I was like.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 2: So they roll opening credits and I noticed something for the first time, Maybe this should be my everyway. Look, but okay, in this in the last in the picnic scene of the opening credits, where at the painted ladies, there's a man carrying a bouquet of balloons right in the background, like this large bouquet of like blue and white balloons. Yeah, I've never known in thirty five years, I've never noticed that. And uh yeah, usually like Jeff Franklin's name is in the way.
Speaker 1: You gotta just because you created some show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see the balloon guy gotta say blue guy, so fantos, look for that next.
Speaker 1: Have you ever noticed it?
Speaker 2: And uh, if not, never noticed, I usually don't watch the opening credits.
Speaker 1: I just I bet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's San Francisco, it's kids, It's like.
Speaker 3: But I mean that was probably some extra that we were like, here, take these balloons high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, colorful and right, because there wasn't enough going on in the scenery in the background, let's add some balloons too. Anyways, Uh so we opened the show in the yard the ship ship fish Yep, yep, that's fifty uh shape shifting backyard.
Speaker 1: Becky's really glue your dentures in for them? Wait, hang on while I remove them. Hold on it's easier, okay, Nah.
Speaker 2: Becky is relaxing and okay hair. Becky's relaxing in a chair while Jesse and Nicky and Alex hide in the bushes with water squirters. All right, squirts go get money. Nicky and Alex run over and starts spraying. Becky and the boys are dressed like mini Oopa lupas with their striped jump suits. Yeah, and Becky fires back, aim for daddy, aim for the hair, and Jesse says, no, not the hair, and he covers his head. Becky, he's get him, get him, and Jessie runs off and says heel.
Speaker 1: So they go back and forth. Becky says, don't let him get away.
Speaker 2: Uh, And then Danny, Joey, and Vicki walk in from I don't know where, in the side of the back yard.
Speaker 3: From some women were out for a stroll in the park. They were meeting the balloon guy.
Speaker 2: And the cement driveway that Joey, we had.
Speaker 1: To rebuild a house, and we.
Speaker 3: Realized that that the that the driveway I went to nowhere.
Speaker 4: So we were like, that was a terrible idea because we got rid of it all just to scrapped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh Tanners. Yeah, and we rebuilt that house like crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just snut snap of a finger and that thing is rebuilt. Uh so, Danny says Joey, since Vicky is in town, I thought it'd be fun for the whole family to go out to dinner tonight.
Speaker 1: Joey replies, Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: I know this really great Chinese place, and Danny says, no, no, no, no, Michelle doesn't.
Speaker 1: Like Chinese food.
Speaker 2: Joey says, come on, Danny, since win well, since we walked past that restaurant in Chinatown and she saw those ducks hanging in the windows.
Speaker 1: Joey starts thinking through the logistics.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's see we need a place for ten people and them just then, Jesse and Becky continue the water fight with the twins on their shoulders. Look out, get Mommy, get Daddy, get Uncle Joey, and they run by and the twins spray Joey. Danny says, Okay, we need a place for ten people, a place that doesn't mind a little noise, a little water, a little chaos. Joey says, how about the galley of a Viking ship.
Speaker 3: Take them to that pirate restaurant that we went to a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm sure that's still open. Just course, Well, it's open when the Tanners want to go.
Speaker 2: Right, only when the Tanners want to go exactly so. Vicky then suggests, well, how about your kitchen and I'll cook. Danny's hesitant. He says, uh, well, the girls are pretty particular about what they eat, and Vicky says, Danny, if we're gonna be married, I have to get used to cooking for the family, and I promise no hanging ducks. Jesse and Becky sneak back over with the twins and their water guns. Uncle Danny, Jesse says, he carries Nikki over and Nicki immediately sprays Danny in the face. Danny says, thank you, My face was feeling a little perched. Becky says time to settle down. Jesse says, you heard mommy. Let's settle down now, and Nicki squirts him in the face. Hey, she said settle down.
Speaker 1: Nicky pauses and then sprays him again.
Speaker 2: Jesse says, well, maybe you'll understand this language. Eat water, buddy, and he sprays him right back. Becky and Alex jump back into the fight, get him Daddy and Joey, who's watching this chaos, says they are totally out of control. Danny adds two little devils, and Joey says identical Tasmanians, and then he launches into his Tasmanian devil impression.
Speaker 1: I was, I was. I thought you were gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'm not doing the Tasmanian that you just did. Bad. That was not bad, No expresses me.
Speaker 2: It worth it and my star listeners it was great.
Speaker 1: That's I heard.
Speaker 2: We'll make a clip of that and then my face is preserved forever like that.
Speaker 1: There we go, just that on a loop.
Speaker 2: Add that to my ever growing meme collection.
Speaker 3: That would be your Special Skills has medium devil impression I learned from Dave.
Speaker 2: So Vicky says they're not that bad. Of course, I'm dry and I don't live here, Danny says, Vicky. I love Nikki and Alex, but they don't listen. They're into everything, and they won't even sleep in their own beds. I know they're just toddlers, but can't they at least be taught to put away their toys.
Speaker 1: And pull people?
Speaker 3: Therapy come on right, like you get with them boys, counseling your your dad at this age full time, you guys.
Speaker 1: Are just screwing around, right.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, they have they have some big shoes to fill and they are not filling them. No, So Danny pulls a stuffed baby Gonzo out from under and Joey says, Danny, that's actually mine, and then he makes the stuffed animal talk uh, which is a great nod to Dave who did Muppet Babies.
Speaker 1: He did voices Muppet babies around his time, The Muppet Babies baby.
Speaker 2: No, it's super cute, super cute. I liked this special little nod to Dave. Next Door, in the kitchen, Vicky is preparing dinner. Danny is watching her work and says, I could watch you mince for hours. Vicky stops her chopping and says, you have been It's not always Get out of the kitchen, everybody, get out of Yeah, help helieve. Michelle and stuff walked through the door. Stephanie is carrying and Michelle's oversized solar system project made out of paper, string and round fruits. She puts it on the table and your outfit in the scene and for the rest of the episode.
Speaker 1: Is so cute. I love it. These black shorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, the black and the daisies white days in white Daisy's are good about to be a big thing, yea with Daisy's bell bottoms. Sixties are coming back.
Speaker 2: And your big belt that I had a ble belt.
Speaker 1: I had black tights and docs so I had converse of the first scene.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it all worked though, and I'm like, I bet Jody loved this outfit out Yeah, super super cute. So Vicky admires the solar system and says Michelle, what a great model of the solar system. Michelle says, thank you. We live right here on the third ping pong ball from the grapefruit. Danny adds Michelle, that is the most beautiful thing you have ever made. As soon as I find a big magnet big enough that's going right up on the refrigerator, Michelle replies, you can't, daddy, this is for the Science Fair next week. I sure hope the sun doesn't rot, and she holds up the grapefruit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might have got a little er for that one.
Speaker 2: And she orders steph to take the project upstairs. So Stephanie grabs it and says, you couldn't grow a nice little lima bean like everyone else. I like that lima bean project. That's a good little project. Then Steve, dj and Kimmy walk into the kitchen. Steve asks, hey, what's cooking? And Vicky replies, I'm making pizza and spaghetti for dinner. All right, Steve says, Vicky asks.
Speaker 1: Are you guys hungry?
Speaker 2: And Kimmy jokes you're new around here, aren't you. Danny says, you know, Vicky, I gotta admit I was a little concerned about this whole dinner thing, but I'm relieved you're making pizza and spaghetti. They are proven kid pleasers.
Speaker 1: Danny let go of the control. He can't, he can't.
Speaker 3: No, he's just And also, I don't feel like the kids have ever been really picky eaters.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's like a kind of a new meaning the Pirate restaurant. Wasn't there like a line about Michelle ordered us the.
Speaker 1: Seafood platter? Yeah, and so things were looking back at her.
Speaker 3: So she like that she just didn't like the legs on the squid.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe that was it. But yeah, I don't I've never known the Tanner girls to be exceptionally picky.
Speaker 2: So, yes, this is strange and Danny is uptight, but this this is also very relatable. Vicky reassures him, don't worry, they're gonna love it. Spaghetti al pesto and goat cheese pizza.
Speaker 1: First of all, that sounds delicious, so good that kids love that. Yeah, that sounds fantastic, Tanner, children, expand your palates exactly.
Speaker 2: Danny walks out of the kitchen and mutters, yeah, kids just love a steaming hunk of goat cheese.
Speaker 1: Some of them do because it's delicious, don't you don't knock it till you try it. I love some salad with some like.
Speaker 2: Pecans or like, yeah, little apple bits in there. Yet we should record this after lunch.
Speaker 3: You're like, damn, I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: So next upstairs, Nicky and Alex are calling out Daddy. Comet follows behind them and wanders into DJ's room, where Jesse is hiding behind a chair. Commet starts barking, and Jesse whispers, I'm playing hide and go seek, get out of here, but Comet doesn't budge. Hey, Commet, they're putting in a new fire hydrant down the street. Go But before Comet can leave. The twins run into the room. I find you. You found me, thanks Commet. That's the last time I loan you my cream rins. And so Jesse decides to switch things up. This time, you hide and I'll seek you. Okay, ready, I'm gonna count. Jesse covers his eyes and starts counting. By the time he reaches six, the twins still haven't moved. Instead, Nicky wraps himself around Jesse's leg, so Jesse stops counting.
Speaker 1: No, he was very cute. Oh, it was so cute these boys in this whole episode.
Speaker 3: I was cute because I remember that when they would just grab your leg and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, this this whole episode. I loved this storyline specifically because you can see the genuine joy on the boys faces, like this.
Speaker 1: Is not that the same thing. No, they were having fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, they loved hide and seek it, they love the water squirters. They loved all of this. So the writers just leaned into it, and I'm like, I feel this real.
Speaker 1: Joy from these talkers. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: So Jesse says, let's go over the concept one more time. You hide, I find you, I'll count. Go hide the twins finally run off to find a hiding spot, and Jesse resumes his counting.
Speaker 3: I surprised Jesse just didn't go give up and decide to go watch TV or something in.
Speaker 2: A yeah, leaving children unattended as they.
Speaker 1: Do and we do well.
Speaker 3: When they first when the kids started wandering up the stairs by themselves, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, who's watching it? Why did you do it? And then but then I was like, Okay, they're playing hide and seek. Cuse that it made a little more sense, made a little more sense.
Speaker 2: But in this next scene in Stephan Mitchelle's room, they have been unattended for I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, so did it with Michelle. They're like, what's the worst that could happen? Give me that bad.
Speaker 2: They have discovered Michelle's solar system project and pulled it completely apart.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I've been there.
Speaker 3: If you have two kids or three or whatever more than one, Yeah, man, have you been there? When usually the younger one has destroyed something of the older ones that they've worked really hard on. You have a lego project or yeah, a diorama or something, and.
Speaker 1: All hell breaks this.
Speaker 3: Oh there's no there's no right answer. You're just mad at every You're.
Speaker 2: Like, God, it sucks for everybody, sucks for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is why you shouldn't do science fairs. I'm just kidding. You absolutely should do science fairs. I love science.
Speaker 2: Just don't leave your toddlers unattended, extract long periods of time.
Speaker 3: I mean, to be fair. The grapefruit was gonna go moldy before a weekening.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she made this project way way in advance.
Speaker 1: Usually in this a cardboard boxes. She's gonna be ok She'll be fine.
Speaker 2: So Michelle catches them in the act. My planets, Why did you guys do this? I worked so hard on this. Jesse rushes into the room. Alex Nikki, what did you guys do? And Nicki responds by throwing one of the planet balls at Alex.
Speaker 1: Becky hits him right, just brings him right off the head, Like how many times.
Speaker 2: Did they have to take take that to get that? Just square in the nose? Becky, Joey and Danny walk in, Daddy.
Speaker 1: This how I got it. I'm sorry, I'm interrupting a lot.
Speaker 3: That's okay, I just have to say this house responds like there is a fire when anyone does anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, we got what's wrong. What's happening? Was that it?
Speaker 2: Whoa, There is no nineteen of You don't need to be in here to deal with this. There's no need for an intercom system in this large house. No, like someone just says my planets and.
Speaker 1: Everybody is there? Everyone right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing, crazy how sound travels in this house.
Speaker 1: The acoustics are the just reverberates.
Speaker 2: Uh so, Michelle says, Daddy, Nicky and Alex wrecked my solar system and look it's leaking.
Speaker 1: Sun juice from the grapefruit.
Speaker 2: Danny replies, sweetheart, that's terrible, but I'm sure it was just an accident.
Speaker 1: What do you mean. I mean, I'm sure it was just an accident. That they were deliberate. That's not an accident.
Speaker 3: An accident is if they if one of them trips and falls into it because they're playing with the little water squirters, that's an accident.
Speaker 1: This is intentional, Danny. Stop trying to let the little ones off the thing.
Speaker 2: You can see Danny's struggling so hard.
Speaker 3: Danny's not the one to be getting advice on rules either.
Speaker 2: Becky apologizes Michelle, we are so sorry, and Joey adds Michelle, Nicky and Alex probably don't even realize that they did anything wrong, but they should. That's the whole point nobody shot them.
Speaker 1: Is everyone making excuses.
Speaker 3: They're complaining that the kids are out of control, and then they're all like, ah, but don't get mad at him when they read no one's discipline someone should do something that happens.
Speaker 2: Michelle counters with, but I told them to stop. Why didn't they listen and Danny? Danny explains Michelle, children have to be taught to listen. Michelle says, well, who's supposed to teach them? And Danny tries to answer carefully, Well, in many cases, it's the people who are responsible for their growth and well being. Who's that, Michelle asks. Danny finally says, well, in most cultures that would usually be the parents.
Speaker 3: Why did Danny have such a hard time saying that he lives in a house with all of his extended family and friends.
Speaker 1: Why did he stumble for who are up? Three guys?
Speaker 3: Because you know what I mean, Like, it seemed like he was stumbling over something that was really glaringly obvious, really glaring.
Speaker 1: Everyone except Jesse and Becky. They needed to hear it, so just say it. Just say it.
Speaker 2: He's trying to be too polite, and I'm like, no, we're way past it.
Speaker 3: Take it, just take these kids, put him at a time out, clean.
Speaker 1: Up the damn grapefruit. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: We could have done this whole episode two minutes, you know, like, please come on. So Michelle looks at Jesse and Becky and says, way to go, which is what we were all thinking. Danny tells the twins, well, I'm sure Nikky and Alex feel very bad. All right, boys, now tell your cousin that you're sorry. I'm sorry, Michelle. Alex says, are you really sorry? Michelle asks no, they reply, which is true. I hate when kids apologize when they're like, don't it doesn't mean any It's an empty apology.
Speaker 1: If the just repeating it, we'll just repeat it right, right? Do you know why this.
Speaker 3: Hurts someone's feelings? Du you want that to happen to you? Okay, well, then let's apologize for hurting something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just having them repeat sorry when they don't mean it, it's kind of useless, but okay, they're trying. Uh So, Joey says, I'll take the boys before they incriminate themselves any further. He takes the twins by the hand, and he adds.
Speaker 1: Get in the squad car.
Speaker 2: You have the right to one phone call. Vane diaper doing his jokes. Becky tells Michelle, we feel terrible. I promise we'll make this up to you, and Jesse adds, I'll help you rebuild this, Okay. I remodeled the whole attic. Certainly I can rebuild the solar system. There's no plumbing over in space, is there? And Michelle just stares at him.
Speaker 3: Just it's gotta be unpermitted that addic. It's violating anyone inspected that thing.
Speaker 2: It's violating at least eighteen codes in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Proper God, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 2: Annie tells Michelle, when a person is honestly sorry, a big person will forgive them.
Speaker 1: Michelle says, but I'm a little person, but I can't. It's okay to be a little person inside outside, inside or outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Danny says, I'm talking about inside, and she's like, inside, I'm even littler.
Speaker 1: Which she's not wrong, Like she's not wrong about any of this.
Speaker 2: Danny tries again, by big, I mean a person who is generous and forgiving. Isn't that the kind of person you want to grow up to be. Michelle thinks and says, okay, I forgive you.
Speaker 1: She hugs, give them for not for not disciplining. They're Tasmanian double twists. Yet no one has said, like, really much of anything to the kids.
Speaker 3: They're gone, and Pecky and Jesse are apologizing for the behavior that they.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, it's it's there's a lot of parenting. You to shut up. I'm just excited.
Speaker 2: This will be an extended episode of everyone.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. No, it's all good.
Speaker 2: You'll all have great points. So Danny says, that's my big girl. Now do me a favor. Run down downstairs and put the sun in the juice, sir. Okay, any hands are the grapefruit. Once she's gone, Danny turns to Jesse and Becky. Guys, I know how you feel about getting unsolicited advice, and Jesse says that's not going to stop you from offering some right, and Danny says no, because this is important. I love Nicki and Alex, but they're way out of control.
Speaker 1: You should get your own house. That's what that's the part of that sentence that got left off.
Speaker 2: I think Danny's finally had enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get out of my house. Yeah god yeah, And Jesse says, come on, they're not out of control. They're all right.
Speaker 2: I admit they're a little and Becky suggests, feisty, feisty, feisty, that's a good one, and Becky adds, rambunctious, rambunctious. Right, there is no way my kids are out of control. I mean, and then before Jesse can finish, Joey yells from downstairs.
Speaker 1: NICKI Alex my watch and we.
Speaker 2: Hear a toilet flush. Becky looks at Jesse, Jess, they're out of control. Well, maybe a wee bit out of control.
Speaker 1: But they're not way out.
Speaker 2: And Danny says, all I'm saying is kids need limits. Jesse tries to defend his and Becky's parenting. We set limits the other day when they got into your makeup. What did we do and Becky admits, well, we.
Speaker 1: Actually we took a picture.
Speaker 2: Jesse's Oh my gosh, yes, it was so cute. They had lipstick all over their faces. And then Jesse continues, but after that, we got firm. We set them down and gave them a firm scrubbing because they had lipstick all over their lips. And oh, I got another.
Speaker 1: Picture and it was so cute.
Speaker 2: Danny's just staring at them. Jesse and Becky laugh awkwardly. Becky finally says, Honey, I'm afraid Danny is right. We can't wait until the boys are knocking off liquor stores. We got to tighten things up around here. Jesse nods, right, tight, I hear you, guys. Becky isn't convinced, Are you sure, because you're always mister when it comes to the boys, and we both have to make a commitment here. I'm making a commitment, you guys, are right, No more mister softy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm gonna start laying down the law right now. And he rolls up his sleeves aggressively. Becky asks what are you gonna do and he replies, First off, I'm gonna go fish Joey's watch out.
Speaker 1: Of the toilets. That's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Danny gave some a plus parenting advice or to Michelle and to the clueless parents. So Danny handled this pretty well. Next in the living room. Danny gathers DJ, Steph, Michelle, Steve, and Kimmy in the living room. I'm glad you're all here, he says, what's the big secret?
Speaker 1: Dad?
Speaker 2: Steph asks Kimmy looks at Danny's sweater and says, if you called us down here to tell us that sweater's out of style, We've known for three years. And he says it has nothing to do with this sweater, and he quickly takes it off.
Speaker 1: The entire sweater was there only for that joke. Yes, yes, the.
Speaker 2: Only reason it was there was for that joke.
Speaker 1: For that joke.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was so rude, but really funny.
Speaker 1: Like I love Jimmy, I love Jimmy Gibler.
Speaker 2: So Danny continues, you all know that Vicky has been working very hard on this dinner tonight. So if any of you happen to see anything that's new and unusual on your plates, taste it, experience it, and if you still don't like it, choke it down. DJ says, boy, Dad, you got our mouths watering. This could be really nasty. Steve says, I hope there's enough.
Speaker 1: Gimmy, Gimmy ads, and stephf says dad about the new and unusual food.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with new, but I have some concerns about the unusual. And Michelle says, does unusual mean gross? Danny says, okay, you know how you two have been asking for advances on your allowances? Well, how does two dollars sound? Not as good as five? Stuff counters God.
Speaker 3: I wish I was as good at negotiating in real life as Stuff was, because she's just never She's like, m now doesn't work for me?
Speaker 1: How of this? Yeah, she didn't even take a beat. I just had that.
Speaker 3: She's like, no, five, Yeah, she's always ready with a counteroffite.
Speaker 2: It was amazing as she and Michelle hold out their hands and Danny gives in five. It is, but you're gonna pay me back when you're thirty. I can't believe I just did this. And okay, so Danny Tanner himself is not perfect in parenting, but no, he's trying. Next, we are at the dinner table. Vicki gathers everyone around and says, I.
Speaker 1: Hope you like it.
Speaker 2: She starts serving pizza. Steph, can I give you a slice? And Steph asks, uh, sure, what's the crumbly white stuff. Oh, that's goat cheese, Vicky replies Steph Liane's ord to Michelle, what part of the goat is the cheese?
Speaker 1: Is the pizza on the table?
Speaker 2: DJ grabs a slice and asks is it supposed to smell like that? And she quickly adds and not that that's a bad smell. And here we see the infamous fourth wall. That is so jarring every time I see this sport walls all.
Speaker 1: So blank compared to everything else, like sit sets all three walls, and then just like rolling a wall, roll in the plain wall with one picture on the back.
Speaker 2: That'll work a plant, right, And I'm just it's so jarring for us, Like, well for me, I'm assuming for you too, because I'm like, no, that's the camera aisle, and that audience is right behind behind that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like that shouldn't be there.
Speaker 3: And it also, weirdly then makes me think about the what shape the house is, and that's I shouldn't know.
Speaker 2: And then and then your brain is not on the storyline. Your brain is on the construction of the house.
Speaker 1: It's very, very jarring.
Speaker 2: So Vicky assures her don't worry that the cheese is just a little bit ripe. Michelle looks down at her plate and says, well, spaghetti's not it's still green. Vicky explains, Oh, no, honey, that's pesto sauce.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be green, delicious.
Speaker 2: Danny jumps in, you know, green like a five dollar bill. Steff says, looks great and nudges Michelle green is my favorite color. Michelle agreats, good.
Speaker 1: Vicky says.
Speaker 2: Becky notices the twins and enjoined dinner and says, well, Nicky and Alex are certainly enjoying it. Some of it is actually getting into their mouths. Just then, Alex puts his bowl on his head. Alex put that bowl down, Becky says, and seeing an opportunity to be the disciplinarian, Jesse steps in. I'll take care of this time to lay down the law son. Put down that bowl. Alex ignores him, and Nicki puts his bowl on his head too.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be the thing with twins, right right. One of them starts and then the other one's like, wait a minute, this looks fun. You're going to join in?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, there's the power and numbers are ganging up on the parents, and that's what.
Speaker 1: Jesse says, you guys are ganging up on me. I'm not kidding. Both of you.
Speaker 2: Put down those bulls, and the twins toss their bowls behind them onto the floor, and Joey's like, well, they put them down. Danny says, I may be going out on a limb here, Jess, but I think they're testing you. Becky agrees. Danny's right, you gotta be tough. Don't waffle. Jesse stands up. Listen, guys, now you're in trouble. Okay, you know what happens next? Beck What happens next? And Becky replies, I think the boys should get a time out, time out. That's right, both of you. You're gonna go upstairs and sit there until it's.
Speaker 1: Time to come out, hence the term time out and Jess no dessert, Becky adds, and Jesse says, why I was tough.
Speaker 2: I didn't waffle, and Becky clarifies, not you, the boys. Jesse says that's right, come on, let's go, and he carries the twins upstairs. Becky apologizes sorry everyone, and Joey says, beck this stuff happens all the time. I mean, who among us hasn't splattered bean dip all over their headboard and the table is silent. Changing the subject, Joey says, pass me the bread please. Danny gets everybody back on track.
Speaker 3: Okay, it cleans it up, though Danny seems very relaxed at two bowls of pesto being thrown.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, oh yeah, you know, Danny is just itching.
Speaker 3: Like like you know what I mean? I was like, wait, isn't he maybe clean up?
Speaker 2: Okay, comment will get it eventually, do.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, showering down on pesto and garlic. That's yeah, very bad.
Speaker 2: So Danny gets everybody back on track. Uh, okay, everybody, let's get back to this fabulous meal that Vicky made for us. DJ says everything is really good, and Steve says, yeah, it's fantastic. Vicky turns to Michelle.
Speaker 1: Do you like it?
Speaker 2: I love it, Michelle says, and Vicky asks, wouldn't you like to taste it first? Oh?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Michelle picks up a noodle, wipes the pesto off with her napkin, and then eats it. She's problem solving, hey, and she says that is good. Joey says, Michelle, you're missing the best part. And so Michelle hands him the pesto covered napkin says, here you go. Well, everyone eat up. Vicky says there's plenty more where this came from, and Michelle quietly turns to Steph and asks where did it come from? So upstairs in the attic, Jesse is explaining the concept of a timeout to the twins, but the boys are refusing to cooperate. After several failed attempts and the boys calling him weenie, Jesse finally loses his patience. You keep those little butts in those chairs and you don't move a muscle until I say it's okay. The twins respond, mean daddy, and Jesse is very, very hurt mean daddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, Jesse. It does hurt, though the first time.
Speaker 3: Your kids are like, you're mean, I don't like you, and that usually comes a little older, but you're just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah the first time it does. You eventually become numb. By the time they're teenagers.
Speaker 1: Teenagers are like, yay, let's just get this over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yes, Toddler's yes, it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard. The first time.
Speaker 2: I'm back at the dinner table, Joey asks Steph, So, Steph, what do you think of goat cheese.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Steph replies good food, bad name. Steve says, you know I learned something today. If it comes out of a goat, I'm eating it. The table looks at him.
Speaker 1: I remember this we were breaking during the like that line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's gonna look. He's gonna be looking at Bob and Dave.
Speaker 1: To do it the last. You can't say anything remotely that could taking it all immaturely inappropriately as if you can't, you can't, can't do it and look.
Speaker 2: At him right, So yes this, Yes, totally remember doing this multiple times without laughing uh, and dj quickly jumps in.
Speaker 1: What I hope.
Speaker 2: Steve means is this is one of the greatest meals we've ever had.
Speaker 1: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: Steve agrees, Kimmy says wonderful, and Michelle and stuff add it's really good. Danny quietly tells them girls, can you take it down to about a four?
Speaker 1: Okay? And Michelle says no, Daddy, it really is great.
Speaker 2: I'd eat it even if you didn't pay us, and the audience goes ooh. Vicky overhears this and says, Danny, did you pay these children to pretend they like my cooking, and Danny admits, not all of them. Kimmy says, what a rip off. Vicky asks, why would you do that? And Danny explains, Look, Vicky, I know how finicky the girls can be, and I didn't want want them to hurt your feelings.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I should have had more faith in you and your goat cheese. Vicky replies, yes, you should have, but because you did it out of caring, I'm going to forgive you. Thanks, Danny says, and he kisses her.
Speaker 1: Right after you do.
Speaker 2: The dishes, he replies, and then goes back to kissing. Jimmy says, excuse me, some of us are trying to keep our dinner down. Vicky announces, okay, time for dessert, vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. And this unlocked and memory. As soon as I heard this. I don't if you remember, but Gail kept botching this line and she kept saying chocolate sauce, not syrup, which doesn't seem like it matters, but like she just kept fumbling. She kept saying chocolate, chocolate sauce, not syrup.
Speaker 1: Am we worried about that?
Speaker 4: She did, Like I was like, that's basically how I did every lineup four house is just closing out.
Speaker 1: Close enough play.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was Patty Passerelli who was just like, no, no, it's chocolate syrup syrup.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes writers, I've read a hot fudge anyway, so it's a mood point.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's whatever, tomato tomato. So Jesse comes downstairs looking defeated.
Speaker 1: Had it go like he asks? He replies, fine, there were no tears and the boys took it pretty well too.
Speaker 3: And there are now three stories up in a room by themselves alone. Radio right, they'll be fine. Yeah, I locked them in there. They'll be great.
Speaker 2: It was a really long time out too, Like by the time they got rescued from the time, I'm like, they're too so you should give them.
Speaker 1: Like they're like dogs. They have no sense of time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You did the wrong thing, you go get a time out, right now, you go sit over there by the wall and you have your thing for two minutes and then you come back.
Speaker 1: Okay. Those whole thing kids are like way too delayed. Yeah, it's like like hammering stuff.
Speaker 4: They're trying to figure out a way to break out trying to escape right, So Vicky hands him a bowl of ice cream.
Speaker 2: Maybe this will make you feel better. There's an extra two bowls. They were for Nicky and Alex, and everyone lets out a collective awe.
Speaker 1: I know, right, benj you just put those on the counter and not send it. We don't need to point this out right, saltan a wound. Vicky settle down. Jesse says, what a.
Speaker 2: Guy tries to set a couple of limits, and Becky cuts him off, Honey, you did the right thing, and Jesse says, we'll tell them to stop aweing at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Jesse takes one of the kids under control. They're not right right.
Speaker 2: It's like they're giving him mixed messages.
Speaker 3: I will say, not very often am I like Jesse, you know what.
Speaker 1: I get it? But this I get it a little bit in this one. Yeah I do too.
Speaker 2: Jesse takes the extra bowls and heads to the kitchen island. He is staring at the ice cream bowls and he sees the twins' faces in the bulls repeating mean Naddy, mean Naddy.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't love a good uh? Sata kid? A hallucination in an ice cream bowl?
Speaker 2: I really feel like the Tanners need more mental help than just Michelle, like because now they're hallucinating.
Speaker 1: They have these weird.
Speaker 3: Dreaming like happens since the beginning the Horror Do not remember everyone dressed is like whatever and and and gigantic Michelle.
Speaker 1: Gigantic Michelle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, there's a lot of hallucinatory dream sequences in this show.
Speaker 3: And I'm just saying, I'm a little amazing, just you know, they're like microdosing and they're just like, maybe we'll all be a little happier and better parents.
Speaker 1: We just a little bit, and Jesse overdid it and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh no, that explains a lot of ice cream.
Speaker 2: Back in the attic, we see Jesse sneaking upstairs with the bulls. Becky comes up to see how he's doing, and Jesse quickly stuffs the ice cream bowls down his shirt and he's wearing denim on denim like.
Speaker 1: This is so Canadian tuxedo but.
Speaker 3: On un button buttoned, his necklaces and his chest hair hang out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great, It's so great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Becky says, are you okay? And Jesse says me, everything's cool. As he's beginning to fill the melting ice cream on his chest.
Speaker 1: Becky hugs him.
Speaker 2: Well, I know it was hard for you to punish the boys, and I just wanted to say thank you for being so strong.
Speaker 1: She pauses, and so cold. The ice cream bowls fall out of Jesse's shirt, and he says, losing a drop of ice cream.
Speaker 2: It's very, very impressive. Jesse tries to he makes up things. He's like, how how did those get in my shirt? Who inspected this shirt? Number nineteen? I'm writing a letter? And Becky, Becky, she's onto him. You were sneaking ice cream up to the boys. I thought we agreed to be tough. Jesse says, Well, they didn't call you mean daddy. Becky explains it. They're just angry. It's perfectly natural. They're just words. But they didn't happen to mention mean mommy.
Speaker 1: Did they. Jesse says, I.
Speaker 2: Distinctly heard mean daddy. I never bowls of my ice cream.
Speaker 1: The bulls of my ice cream were very specific. Don't question me on what my bowls of ice cream said. He said, mean daddy, mean daddy. He says.
Speaker 2: I never pictured myself as the kind of father that would come down so hard on my kids. I always sare if I had kids, I would be their friend.
Speaker 1: Their pal so hard.
Speaker 2: Oh no, number one mistake.
Speaker 1: You're not their friend. You are their parent.
Speaker 2: Don't be their friend until their adults and you can take them to Cataline on a great vacation right, Becky says, what and their mother could handle the discipline, right.
Speaker 1: Jesse's like, oh great, would you?
Speaker 2: Becky laughs? Why is this so hard for you? And Jesse explains it happened. I turned into my father.
Speaker 1: You should have heard me yelling at the boys. I sounded just like my dad.
Speaker 2: Sit in those seats, don't move a muscle until I say. I hated it when he did that. Why do dads have to be that way?
Speaker 1: He lives on.
Speaker 2: Becky tells him, Well, maybe because they're human, Maybe because they're frustrated, maybe because they just want what's best.
Speaker 1: For their kids.
Speaker 2: Your dad didn't do such a bad job. You turned out pretty great.
Speaker 3: I loved that line so because and of course now that I'm older, it hit like the parenting spot. But for kids watching it literally was like, Hey, your parents aren't are human too.
Speaker 1: And they're not you know what I mean, Like they're not perfect.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they're not perfect either, Like I just loved the message and that.
Speaker 2: It was Yeah, you're right, it was a very human thing. It humanized they're not these are you know these aggressive you.
Speaker 1: Know, there's like something super frustrated and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's usually it's important now, I mean not with toddlers, but when they're older. I think it's important as a parent to admit when you're wrong and that you do make mistakes and.
Speaker 1: Apologize to your kids. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's just we're human. That is your great lesson. Uh Jesse says, well, I was blessed in the hair area. Ward Cleaver made it look so easy. Well, June was no slouch either. Should we spring them?
Speaker 1: And no one under our age gets that joke? Well, yeah, where where's beer? Yeah? Like a knife?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, that's that's that's okay.
Speaker 1: We're the Golden Girls. Now, who's Wally the Beev? What Wally and the beef yep?
Speaker 2: Uh so, Jesse and Becky go check on the twins.
Speaker 1: Wally Bev.
Speaker 2: Time out is over. The twins are happily playing with their toys and they're not at all traumatized. Jesse tells the boys it's time for your baths, and then we're getting ready for bed tonight. You're sleeping in your own beds. Go no big bed, big bed. The twins say, no, no, not the big bed. You're sleeping in your race car beds. Cappiche happyes, the twins replied, before hugging him.
Speaker 1: I love that he's taught all the kids in the house to say capeche. I never heard that.
Speaker 2: We're intil full House, and now I'm like, oh, yeah, capeche.
Speaker 1: It's Italian. Do you understand? Yeah, I understand. I don't know why he's Italian.
Speaker 3: Forget that, but I guess it's close Mediterranean.
Speaker 1: Thanks travel close enough.
Speaker 2: So Jesse says, see, Becky, they still love me, and Becky says I had a feeling they might. And that is our show. Yeah that is Oh man, this is such a classic full House episode.
Speaker 1: You know, the kids aren't really the problem.
Speaker 2: It's the parents who are the problem, right, we.
Speaker 1: All teach each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're you know, running therapy offices and doing you know, they're fine.
Speaker 1: Kids are fine. That parents they're great. Yeah. Yeah, no, it was no this.
Speaker 3: I did like this though, because I felt like this was one of those episodes where you know that a family watching it, everyone is getting something a little bit different out of the same story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. That's a very good point.
Speaker 2: And uh, and for Jesse, it's not just how do I discipline my kids, it's how do I sit with the discomfort of my kids being mad at me? Right, which is a lot harder as a parent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucks. You gotta grow into that. I love them, I want them to love me. I don't want them to be you know, it sucks. It's hard.
Speaker 2: It's one of the hardest things to do, but it's it's important. And again, when they're teenagers, you become numb to them, right, So.
Speaker 1: Middle school particularly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's like this, there was this running theme of like Jesse to want to upset the twins and Danny didn't want to upset Vicky, And so everybody's like skimming.
Speaker 3: And lying right right right, You're like, no, no, this, yeah, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: Just nice, Just calm down and be honest and set boundaries.
Speaker 3: That is the Tanner Oh Tanners, O Tanners, you wacky Tanners.
Speaker 1: Oh I love it. I love it. Shape Shifting Backyard, I mean, this is it's This episode makes me laugh though, because it is one of those things where you're just like this, this could all be solved in less than twenty two minutes.
Speaker 2: Damn house, you know what I mean, like like that's that's it, that's none of the no, of all the remedies, not on the.
Speaker 1: Table at all. Dope, not even on the table.
Speaker 3: No, No, you know, yeah, Danny doesn't even think like, you know what might alleviate this problem.
Speaker 1: Just I think you guys should get a little starter home apartment. You know, maybe you guys should go do that.
Speaker 2: That's not that is not in their vocabulary, that has never entered their brain.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's so great. I'm a full house. Did you have any everywhere you looks besides your cute outfit with the daisies, which I Lai's bell bottoms the lord, oh yeah, the bell bottom outfit. Laura's outfit. I was like, oh my god, she looks so cool.
Speaker 2: I love this hairstyle on her where it's just like the little front little like a little Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again that very sixties kind.
Speaker 2: She was very sixties seventies, very cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I noticed one thing that is so not important, but it like really stood out to me.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to share it with everyone please do uh, other than the balloon guy. Other than the balloon guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So there's the scene where we're in the living room and Danny's briefing us on, hey, just eat it, even if it looks weird. Right right right as we start the scene, there's a wide shot and I can see myself fidgeting with my hands, which seems innocent, But this is when my anxiety started to ramp way the heck up.
Speaker 1: And I would constantly be like picking up.
Speaker 2: My fingers or just like that's how it manifested, or I feel itself was. I was constantly just like moving my fingers, and so I saw that, and I was like, oh my gosh, this is when it's all started, like like right around this time, I was sixteen seventeen, Yeah, and that's when my anxiety started to get really really bad. And so you'll notice, or I'm sure you'll notice as the season progresses these next two seasons, like I will start to like fidget with my fingers a lot more before I'm about to speak, because I can I can see myself thinking about what my next line is, and it's all coming out through my fingers.
Speaker 1: Your fingers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fat and I still do that, Like, I still like that's why I have no nails.
Speaker 1: Literally, as I'm sitting and I'm doing my little this is.
Speaker 3: Mine is like a weird little stimmy thing like I have. Like I do it because it's a like a I hear like a rhythm in my head and so if I can just do it with my fingers, it kind.
Speaker 1: Of takes it up. It's it's a lot going on. Yeah, I get it. I get but no, I get it. It's that we all fidget times.
Speaker 3: Or I'll be in a scene or on stage or in an interview realizing I'm doing my weird little hand thing and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, we're gonna, okay, sit on our hands right now.
Speaker 2: You're usually not even conscious of it, but when you notice it at all, all the time.
Speaker 1: We all need fidget spinners.
Speaker 3: That is a lesson in this real We need quiet fidget spinars and trees.
Speaker 1: Fidget spinners. Go hug a tree, hugge tree, Look up spinner h tree. Yeah that's true. Yeah, just being it.
Speaker 2: We should have done all our scenes out in nature, and then we would have.
Speaker 1: Because that would have been fun. Yeah. I just did a day outside in heat and humidity. Let me tell you, no scratch that on bad idea. We'll just invest fidget spinners.
Speaker 3: Yes, I am so glad that you had an amazing fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you for listening to birthday, the whole recap and absolutely.
Speaker 1: I wrote it down. I'm like, let's go to the treehouse nice. Yeah, yeah, very very happy for you. Happy birthday and you back, thank you and yeah, yeah we did it. Is that it? That's all we got. If you want to find us on Instagram, you can check us out at Howard Podcast, or you can send us an email at Howard tan Rito's at gmail dot com. We do love to read those. We're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Doing some fan Q and eight episodes coming up, so make sure you send us those. We'll also take you know, maybe corrections too, because sometimes always grew things.
Speaker 1: Up all the time.
Speaker 3: We won't read them, but we can send them. Thank you guys so much for always listening. We have so much fun with you.
Speaker 2: Tannerto's I've been seeing Tannertos too, but it is fan Rito's technically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, I need to fidget listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for listening. We love you, and remember everybody. The world is small. The house is full of fidget spinners that everyone, everyone has one. They're one for every finger. Well, you can't even your hands are so full you can't even fidget.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yep, oh boy, alright, I'm gonna go do something weird.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm a gonna go hug a tree and fidget spin at the same time.
Speaker 1: Bye.