Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to.
Speaker 1: The four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for comedo Rich at Fox sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app's Life Searching FSR.
Speaker 1: OH.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, but hey can see you guys. Wow, the Kanzel here. What some buddies minus Dan Byer, but he did his thing. We got low in Krown today, the Koran.
Speaker 1: The korn is here. Let it be low in Kron And.
Speaker 2: Of course this show, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio is produced by the greatest.
Speaker 1: Danny g Oh.
Speaker 2: Danny seven Monday ninety nine on Fox. Happy Monday to you, IOWA. Sam's on the ones and two is always great to see Sam. You what is it fluffy headed Ninni Muggins or cotton had cotton.
Speaker 1: Headed Nitti Muggs.
Speaker 3: I got product in my hair today though, oh well, you still product haired?
Speaker 1: Nini Muggins. I thought you were dressed for ELF a little early.
Speaker 2: And of course spots on the videos we be rocking out. Let's go when I say videos Rich, I mean, everybody needs to chime in now and get involved.
Speaker 1: We need to pull up the chat here. We got a new computer there.
Speaker 2: We're streaming live on YouTube Coveno and Rich FSR Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube, the most interactive show on radio.
Speaker 1: I'm not signing on. I'm not signing on.
Speaker 2: Why because all these corporate computers are logged into someone else's name.
Speaker 1: I know, I hate it, Like who's Justin? I hate it? I hate it, hate it, hate it. But anyway, get this guy logged off my computer? Hate it, hate it, hate it.
Speaker 4: Let's Coop?
Speaker 3: Is that the dude from or Frostburg? There's several Justins here. Justin Frostburg is Jason Smith's producer. Justin Cooper is Ben Maller's producer.
Speaker 1: Well, until we get our own studios someday, Rich, you know what it means.
Speaker 2: We just got to work harder and then develop a crazy ego where we're like.
Speaker 1: No one else uses our computer? Right right?
Speaker 2: So I'm Covino. That is the diva, Rich Davis. We hope you had a great weekend. Achieves, Rams, Cowboys, shardor Sanders sort of weekend. What not A Danny G's Raiders. Not an Eagle sort of weekend, a Devin Haney, not a heiny sort of week That wasn't too far of my Schador prediction, I said, I said, he put up like one seventy one eighty a tuddy maybe an interception. I was sort of on the mark. He wasn't lighting it up. But hefeah so right too. About the misconception or the stereotype, how are you want to put it? People assume he's gonna scramble, but he's very much a pocket passer.
Speaker 1: He's always been.
Speaker 2: But you saw that on full display in his first NFL start with the w props to him. We'll get you ready for Monday Night football Panthers versus Rich's forty nine ers. And there's a conflict in Rich's life. Oh, we're gonna get to it, dor, Yeah, we got lots to get to right now. Broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. If you miss any of today's show, any show ever, catch the podcast Coveno and Rich wherever you stream and rate us five stars. But first and first mostly yeah, the YouTube page, and of course every Olympic dream starts with that first glide. Learn to skate everybody. Learn to Skate USA kids build confidence, strength and the joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities.
Speaker 1: You think Clyde the Glide went to learn to Skate USA dot com.
Speaker 2: Find the program near you possibly learn to Skate USA dot com. So let's get into it. We do it every Monday. Things that made you go.
Speaker 1: Hmm, things that make you go, things that make you go, you know what? Maybe go?
Speaker 2: I think Jameis Winston, And let me make this very clear. Jameis Winston has life figured out. I really believe this. Jameis Winston called faith. Jameis Winston is the perfect example of how to operate in life. Jameis Winston gives hope to that guy that doesn't make a lot of money. Maybe he could still get the girl. Maybe your guy that doesn't have all the tools. Are you saying even in loss, he still wins? But there's three hundred and sixty six yards and two teddies. There's something about Jameis Winston and his personality and his positivity, and you could say the faith thrown in there everything.
Speaker 1: About Jameis Winston leadership.
Speaker 2: How do you not like this guy even in a loss, Like if your team has to lose, I feel like you want to lose With Jamis, it is like a great lesson, like you could fail, you could fall, you could have a bad day, but you can still be positive and likable in the process. Like the Giants fans, I can't imagine anyone being like, I really hate this guy. His postgame, his pregame, how kind and you know, charismatic he is with the press. The trick plays him saying I could play tight ends if you need me to. Everything about Jameis Winston is gold. He is a winner in life. I don't care if he's his team. I don't care if he's losing the field, But I'm saying he's a winner in life, which is way more important than on the football field. Jameis Winston to me, comes across as a dude that we're gonna want to see a lot of in the future. He's gonna be part of some broadcast team. I don't the wear or maybe he says effitt and he does his own podcast or video show or something. But Jameis Winston, I feel like the Lions are not an unlikable team, but you found yourself rooting for the Giants, Like, come.
Speaker 1: On, like picture of him being more of a I don't know, like a preacher or something like a Randa Watson. I don't know, like a Branda Watson.
Speaker 2: He's just a motivational speaker at this point, I could see him doing something like that. He'd be great in the booth. A guy that came with that charisma and that attitude is great really at any like everything the guy says what he's like, we're on the outside, but we're on the inside.
Speaker 1: We're on the outside, but we're inside.
Speaker 2: Like everything the guy said yesterday, I'm like, you know what, if you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Lose, lose with Jameis Winston, don't you guys agree?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: It feels like every time he's playing on the field he loses a one score game every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you hit us up with that over the weekend. You know, he's the king of the tough, close losses, Jameis Winston. But again he does it with class and positivity. But on the flip side of that, the Lions, they played a tough game. They're seven and four, now could they be back on track? I mean they beat a hurt Giants team. The Giants made it close. I just give props to the Giants in that game. It was a tough battle.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't even.
Speaker 2: Need to play the schedule watch things, Sam, because it's only on Thursday, so we're not looking that far ahead.
Speaker 1: What a great yo to sing it for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please don't schedule watching where you know what? Who needs the production piece when we got Sam, Yo, that was freestyling off the dome.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Loved your guitar riff in there. And I did the little hand gesture too, and I saw a little foot pedal too. That was awesome. And if you're watching it on YouTube, you got to see that.
Speaker 4: Look at that. It's really hard to tell. We don't have a budget on this show.
Speaker 2: So you only have to look till That was Sam's creative way of I'm like, I can't find the sound effect fast enough.
Speaker 1: I'll just sing it for you. No, it's right here. I thought it was better him singing it. Singing on a Monday.
Speaker 2: You don't have to look further than Thanksgiving Thursday, your first game of the day, Lion's hosting the Packers. And if you're trying to tell me, can you know you're not quite sure where the Lions stands. Well, what an amazing first game we have. Well, everyone's getting the fixings ready. You're sitting there getting ready to stuff your face that first game on Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind the way people often ask me, like, what's your job? My job is to show up and watch some football. That's my job. I'm great at that. I'm not preparing fixings. I'm not based in turkeys. I'm not even opening the cranberry sauce can. I'm sitting there. That's what I do best. Everyone else with you is like, wow, he's really contributing. Now, well people ask me, wait, what do you do? What do you contribute?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Nothing, I'm a good guest, some good stories, Yes you bring and that what you just said. I'm so pumped to sit there and I'm gonna be lying in lamp and watching this game. Are you vibeeset or is that your controversy viypesetter, food eat or football watcher?
Speaker 1: That's my server, you know it is.
Speaker 2: And not to top to your dad jokes again, not the stereotype and not the painting broad strokes, and not to be sexist, but I got three sisters. I'm a mama's boy from New Jersey. I'm half Italian, half Mexican. My job is to do nothing because my mom babies me. I'm a big fat mother's boy. That's why. So so my job's to sit there and I watch this game and I can't worry. I will back up in that there are a lot of women that say get out of my kitchen. Yeah, it's not like there's guys that are lazy on purpose. Sometimes the guy is like, I was conditioned to be this.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to do?
Speaker 2: Because how many times did mom be like, like, you're in my way, get out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm no help. I'll uh, I'll eat.
Speaker 2: The biscuits, I'll separate the crescent rolls. That's what I'm not really useful. So this is my plan. Rich, Thank you guy. So your first game Lions who until last year? I know they started getting good again a couple of years ago, so it's a while, it's like three or four years. It's a deceptive stat The Lions had lost seven Thanksgiving games in a row until last year, So did they go back to their bad Thanksgiving streak? Lions packers is a hell of a game, Lion's favored by two and a half. That y'ear like three point ish home field advantage. So you got that to start the day. And what do we talk about that stupid tie? Remember that stupid tie that Green Bay had and we said, oh, that's gonna mess up the standings.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you meant the one Philip Rivers used to wear.
Speaker 2: Oh the ballow tie. That's great reference, break out that joke at Thanksgiving. But that tie leaves them like half a game above or below people like right now, right now, Detroit seven and four, Chicago's eight and three. Who's in the middle of them at seven three and one? The Packers with that whack ass tie, And you could argue, Danny, do you remember that ball dropped in the back of the end zone and people the clock ran out of course, but they were left one second to tie the game. So had that one second, Jordan Love took a little too much time, almost blew it. Had that been a loss, they'd be seven and four instead of seven to three and one. So that half game is like just an eyesore, but also it is great for the people that love confusion. But you got the Lions Packers a great Thanksgiving Day, so well, that's a little Thanksgiving blessing to start.
Speaker 1: The Deacon of streaks.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the NFC North, one of the observations I made over the weekend was the Bears in the streak that they're on what is it, four in a row now, thirty one to twenty eight over the Steelers. Gotta start taking the Bears a bit more serious. And speaking of streaks, Bears four in a row, Ravens five in a row after beating the Jets. Denver still have eight in a row. New England nine in a row. But Bears are really playing well now, and it's like, you know, we slept on them for a while. We weren't believing it. Now we're gonna have to say, yeah, I think they're legit. Because you're hyping on the Packers, you're hyping on the Lions. The Bears are legitimate this season so far eight and three. Now, let me ask you, Daddy, g I love Irish Sam And by the way, it makes me go, hmmm, any of you guys in the studio believe in the Bears truly?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 2: Like I'm talking, like, do you look at the Bears and say, oh, they can make a postseason run or do you I said it last week, I'll say it again. With the Bears, it's like they're getting better, right, all these other teams that we talk about, it's like, oh, one week they're good.
Speaker 1: One week they like to see the Eagles have a setback. Eagles are up twenty one nothing.
Speaker 2: The Bears are like picture of stock that just keeps climbing up a little bit. And back to Detroit for a second. What is their offense been missing all season? Ben Johnson? He's been doing a great job. I was saying, we pointed out last week, You're like, Yo, personnel is not the problem.
Speaker 3: They don't have Sam Laporte either, which hurts because he was their second leader receiver.
Speaker 1: But I mean think about that.
Speaker 2: You're right, It's like it's like the Niners without Kid, all the Chiefs without Kelsey, you forget Samue Laporte is a force to that offense.
Speaker 3: But Ben Johnson being in Chicago, yeah, they I think Dan Bayer or Jason Stewart, Doug's producer, said that there's like there's like a rhythm or a tempo missing with the Lions.
Speaker 2: So if you're saying that about the Lions, the Eagles take a step back. Yesterday, they're up twenty one nothing, and you're like, ah, there's the Eagles. They put up a goose egg in the second half and let Dallas fight back. Nick Sirianni looked all, you know, aggravated as could be after the game, rightfully, So Baker's hurt, He's stumbling around That South stinks. Hey, speaking of the Eagles, Rich this there's three eight and three teams. I gotta say this, one of the things that made me go hm involved the Eagles. And we'll take your phone calls at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Let's get involved. We involve you every Monday. Any observation you made of week twelve, whatever you did this weekend, whatever you watched, it's all fair game. Speaking of the Eagles, when you look at all the scores, you're looking at all the scores, that cam was really the only one that really support I'm not saying that I didn't think that the Cowboys would would battle, but I was surprised that they beat the Eagles me personally personally, because all the other ones were like predictable.
Speaker 5: The end of the Chiefs or I should say, the second half of the Chiefs game didn't surprise you a little bit.
Speaker 1: A little bit, but this one was.
Speaker 2: This is the one that stood out to when at all the scores, they all kind of made sense to me except for that one. Yeah, so, you know, dare say this because you might say unpopular opinion. I sort of glad the Chiefs won, not that I want them to go back to.
Speaker 1: The Super Bowl. And you know, we have Chiefs fatigue.
Speaker 2: I feel like I want their story to continue even if they get knocked out the last week of the regular season.
Speaker 1: Are they losing the wildcard round?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see the Chiefs go out like, oh they're five and six after we eleve he he is not going out like Colvina.
Speaker 5: What was surprising though in the second half is they like traded places. The Chiefs had the great running game and Jonathan Taylor was quiet think because the Colts just weren't on the field enough with their offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that did stand out too, But it still made sense to me because I keep waiting for the Chiefs to turn it around and play like the Chiefs and be better. And you have to figure the Colts are gonna, you know, drop a few here and there, So it made sense if you look at all the scores in a crazy season that has been twelve weeks of the NFL, nothing's been predictable. When you look at the scores this weekend, it made more sense than it has in all the other previous weeks. Most of the scores made sense, except for in my opinion, the Cowboys and the Eagles, and that game was going the way you thought and then twenty one nothing. I remember seeing that that score.
Speaker 1: I took all.
Speaker 2: I had to run some errands during the late games because remember we said the late games weren't really that awesome.
Speaker 1: It's like, let me run some ERNs. What you have to do? Kind of errands did you have to run? Truthfully?
Speaker 2: Yeah, went to the gym, did a couple because I realized this a busy week. So I'm like, I'll make an extra workout, and so when I stuffed my face later this week, yeah, I got a couple of extra workouts in the bank.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. So we talked about the NFC North.
Speaker 4: A lot well.
Speaker 2: But when I saw that score, though, I was like, ah, Eagles got this on lockdown and then you know, touchdown, No, No, twenty one to fourteen, you're like, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: And the Eagles Danny.
Speaker 2: Every week we say, the good teams show they're vulnerable and can lose, and we've seen that with every single team except the Rams.
Speaker 1: The Rams are the only team right now, to.
Speaker 4: Me, the only team that's not bipolar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Honestly, every team, every team's got multiple personalities. When you look, I mean, you know, you could argue that the Seahawks are better than we think because they're only lost to a team like that is the Rams a week ago. So the Seahawks are eight and three, Rams are on a six game streak. Team give them before Eagles eight and three, the Bears eight and three. There's one team above the rest, and that you're nine and two Rams, who look really good. When you think about the Rams losses, the Rams losses are two games that you'd be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I remember that one. Who do you think the Rams lost to this year? One of them was the Niners.
Speaker 2: They lost to the Niners. Kyle Shanahan, remember that overtime game Mac Jones, who was like limping around like a g That was That was one game they lost twenty six, twenty three in overtime to the Niners. And that was a great divisional battle that the Rams. Remember the Rams fumbled on the one yard line, so you could say, well, that could have should have.
Speaker 1: Been a win. Remember now you mentioned it. Yeah, so that's the other one.
Speaker 2: They're lining up for a game winning field goal to win the game and the Eagles blocking a return for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So and they had a twenty six to seven lead in that game against.
Speaker 2: Again a twenty six of the lead, so a big lead. So you're talking about a misgame winning field goal and a fumble on the one yard line. The Rams could easily be eleven and zer like, I know that you hate to play those games. But the Eagles miraculously won that game blocked field goal returned for a touchdown and the Niners, you know, forced to fumble at the one foot line. If not for a couple of little plays, we'd be talking about. Man, the Rams are unstoppable because every other game they look way in control and you're realizing that DeVante Adams, this guy found the founder youth.
Speaker 1: Got to give props to the Rams.
Speaker 2: I don't think they got enough props, to be honest, because they dominated the Buccaneers over the weekend and you heard ILO's update. Baker Mayfield sprained ac joint and somehow the Buccaneers are still tops of the A of the NFC South at six and five, but they lost three in a row, and it just feels like they fell off so hard. It feels like the Buccaneers were so competitive and so in it, and then the past few weeks it looks like, yeah, back to reality. It's just, you know, they're sort of a middle of the pack team even though they are tops of the NFC South. You know, this is a wild thought. I feel like the Rams really exposed this. This is a wild thought, because do you remember going into the season, Danny g I feel like.
Speaker 1: I would say, remember, it feels like yesterday. I can't buy it.
Speaker 2: It's we were all talking about like, yeah, Stafford gonna have his health and check enough to even make it through the season. And Matthew Stafford is having his best statistical career year. This if looks like a misprint. Thirty touchdowns, two interceptions, quarterback rating of one thirteen point seven, every statistical category is the best of his career. And rewind three months we were like, yo could Stafford even like healthily make it through the season. Maybe you should call it a day. How no matter what happens this year, you would think that there's a lot of people that think, maybe this is it for Stafford's got He's got more gas than the tank.
Speaker 1: He's playing his best football.
Speaker 5: You said, fountain of youth for DeVante Adams. I think Stafford shared some of his water with Adams because think about what Clayton Kershaw said.
Speaker 1: I was just kidna s.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like, that's my homie that I played with. He said, I look like an old man. Matt looks like he's still a youngster in sports.
Speaker 2: But Stafford did say something about like watching him also inspired him and motivated him. I'm not saying that's the reason. But Kershaw, even hobbling out this year, went eleven and two, so he put up solid stats. Maybe it did inspire him a little bit. They're very competitive. They've made reference to such things, so you know it's cool to see. I'm not saying he's gonna match all this guy, so let's let's keep it real. But Matthew Stafford's on pace for like forty something touchdowns three perception, like if he keeps.
Speaker 1: His pace up.
Speaker 2: You remember that one year where Aaron Rodgers was an MVP and looked unstoppable and his I think his QB rating and his TDed interception ratio was something like thirty something to three. Matthew Stafford' putting up those numbers again. He's thirty seven and he talks a guy in life, old guy on the feet. Any other we know how young he is and he Any talk of anyone else winning the MVP this week or so just seems foolish. But then you gotta remember Tom Brady was winning some MVPs later in his thirties. All right, now, glad he brought it up. This is flowing perfectly. You brought up Tom Brady. You think he made me say? This weekend there was a story that Aaron Andrews came out and said that Tom Brady. You know, we talked about noticeable improvements with the Bears. Sometimes you see noticeable improvements. It's great to see she's saying that Tom Brady is night, night.
Speaker 1: And day improving week to week as a broadcaster.
Speaker 2: So for the haters out there, the people I think he stinks well with Greg Olsen fans that were very hard on him. We could not have Aron Andrew his cohort a Fox report that if it was from another source.
Speaker 1: I say, I don't think it's noticeable. I think it's noticeable. I mean it is. But when he's one of those guys that puts the work in, that's who he is. But the story was put together by his coworker. That doesn't make it not true.
Speaker 5: It is noticeable because I'm not gonna lie. When he was first doing games, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, especially after Olsen, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: And then this season I find myself enjoying the games that he's broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you went from being overly critical to now just sort of watching. It's a little mix of everything. But you know, in broadcasting, you know better than anyone just about repetitions, about doing it every day and being consistent. It's about your repetition. Yes, it's about your reps. He had many reps as a broadcaster, so we're seeing him get better and better. So Tom Brady making people go hmm. That's the story in the news as we speak. I got some non football related observations things.
Speaker 1: I watched, but we want your observations.
Speaker 2: Next eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox Week twelve. What were your observations. There's no wrong answers here. We want to hear from you next right here, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Now, do you know about the three t's of Thanksgiving? Tell me about turkey for eating?
Speaker 2: Okay, table for gathering, and touchdowns for winning winning uh. With DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL, every touchdown could bring you look closer to cashing out before you even hit the dessert table. With DraftKings Sportsbook, all the actions in your hands. First touchdown, anytime. TD Live bets every play, every snap, every game counts. When the game gets good, the bets get even better. Here's the best part, New customers. Bet is five dollars and if your bet wins, you'll get two hundred in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: Instant oo.
Speaker 2: When touchdowns happen, we feast eh. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app used code cr show this code crsh ow bet five bucks, get two hundred and bonus bets if your bet wins.
Speaker 6: In partnership with DraftKings, the Crown is yours gambling problem. Call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in why or text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and resort In Kansas pass through if per wager tax may apply. In Illinois twenty one plus age end eligibility ferries by jurisdiction void, and Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets which expire in seven days. Minimum ods required. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dk n G, dot co slash audio Limited time offer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you're talking about Jameis Winston as if he has some higher power, and that higher power is as simple as George Michael singing right here.
Speaker 1: Faith.
Speaker 2: You gotta have faith, and that's what he speaks from the place of the man.
Speaker 1: Jesus is his homeboy.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if you're gonna lose, one of my first points last hour here on Fox Sports Radio was be like Jameis Winston. Honestly, you could be a guy, you know, I have to have a lot of money. You don't have to have a lot of looks. But if you're like really just bringing the smiles and the positive energy, I feel like there's no one hating on Jameis Winston. He's not winning a couple funny trick, plays funny with the press, inspirational with his teammates. I think Jameis Winston's just a winner in life. And if your team's gonna suck ass, might as well suck ass with Jameis Winston. If you speak from a positive standpoint, Yeah, what bad things could you really say about the guy? Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio and our show sponsored by DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA. Right now use promo code CR show to claim your special offer at DraftKings Again this promo code crshow for Covino and Rich show at DraftKings. The crown is yours in coming up. I just wan't remind you Rich. It just a Monday Funday, which means last one standing, the game that's sweeping the nation. So if you want your chance to win a new CNR on FSR nerf Turbo football. By the way I saw them, they're super sweet. Covino and rich nerf football. You gotta call eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox, Last one Standing. But right now we're wrapping up things that made you go. Any observation you made watching football, watching anything this weekend, Let's get the phones going. At eight seven to seven ninety nine on five. Danyg's on standby waiting just to say, Hi, rich I'm gonna take it off of football just for a minute. Now what you got, But it's still sports related. A lot of people missed a pretty decent fight card over the weekend. First of all, the Mexican Monster Benavidez put on a show. I don't know if you saw some of the highlights. He literally took his opponent.
Speaker 7: Like by the back of the head and was just manhanded. I saw two punches in a row, bam, bam bam, Mexican Monster Benavidez showing that he's a force and that Canelo was ducking him the whole time.
Speaker 1: That's what he was saying, give you hold on. I was my observation.
Speaker 2: I started the show by saying, I hope you had a hainy sort of weekend, not a heiny sort of weekend. Devin Haney had a pretty impressive win, and whether you like him or not, his stats are pretty impressive in the sense that he's now thirty three and zero because that Ryan Garcia fight didn't count, that knockout didn't count, and he's a three division champ now three division.
Speaker 1: Champ over Brian Norman.
Speaker 2: He took the WBO welterweight championship over the weekend at one forty seven. But he looked solid and strong. He had a nice knockdown and a convincing win. So Devin Haney sort of redeeming himself a little bit. But three division champs shocking. No one cares about him.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to debate or deny that, but you can't take away a.
Speaker 2: Guy usually on a guy is that deep in his current and he's undefeated and three division champings and three division champions should be like, oh yeah, I'm aware of him.
Speaker 1: I like him. I don't like him. I think people like Devin Haney.
Speaker 2: He's one of the four Kings until the whole division got a little convoluted, and I think the worst thing that happened at that division of boxing was that outside New York City? Yeah, it exposed a lot of it, right, it since, and it made those guys look weak, and Devin Haney being one of them. But I got an impressive win over the weekend, so I'll give you something made me say hmm. It made me say more so than your boxing. Fun fact, which kid made one hundred and fifty million dollars at the box office was one hundred and fifty expecting two hundred.
Speaker 1: It still was. He didn't beat it didn't beat Minecraft. Well, there you go, taking away my trivia question.
Speaker 2: Let's go to I loove for an update. Anthony Anthony Man I really rattled Rich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, who's Anthony?
Speaker 1: Sorry? What's up, Anthony?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not really a trivia question. It was, wasn't it just the stat that they were trying to outdo Minecraft opening weekends?
Speaker 1: Yees? Yeah, I guess, so what's up?
Speaker 8: I love Minecraft? My eight year old Oh my gosh, no, he went his Minecraft for Halloween last year.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to do sexy voice? So you're a little under the weather.
Speaker 8: I'm a lot under the weather, but so is Baker Mayfield's shoulder. NFL media just reported He's been diagnosed with a low grade sprain of his left shoulder, according to an MRI, but that's relatively good news. It means it's not expected to be a long term injury. Should Or Sanders will start a quarterback for a Brown Sunday against Samford Cisco. The Bengals expect Joe Burrowder returned to action Thursday at Baltimore. Vikings quarterback JJ McCarthy is in concussion protocol. Washington Commander's QB Jayden Daniels will return to practice this week, but is unlikely to play on Sunday Night football against the Broncos. The New York Giants today fired defensive coordinator Shane Bowen. The Raiders named quarterbacks coach Greg Olsen interim offensive coordinator. Every Olympic dream starts with a first glide through learn to Skate USA. Kids build confidence, strength, and joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Fight a program near you at learn to skateusa dot com. Finally, guys, in college basketball today in Las Vegas, Baylor defeated Crayton eighty one to seventy four. And the reason I'm mentioning this is that late in the second half, a foul was called against Creyton and the Creighton broadcast crew was not in agreement.
Speaker 1: Listen to the car into.
Speaker 4: The pain lit the dunk walking fowl.
Speaker 2: Why are you talking up vowels?
Speaker 1: That was two seconds after the planned He's outside the circle.
Speaker 5: He's outside the.
Speaker 1: Circle and he's set.
Speaker 2: He was outside the circle and he was set.
Speaker 1: Bret Smith blew it. He was set like the statue sitting out in front of New York, New York, and they called that set an absolutely horsecrap.
Speaker 2: Call, unbelievable fail out call, fighting confident referee, geez, I feel like I heard did I didn't hear an that bumb in there?
Speaker 1: Did I in the beginning? A little beeB horse crap? Oh? Okay, man not happy?
Speaker 4: Huh man.
Speaker 5: I thought the exchange between John Moran and Klay Thompson was good.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, that was, Oh my goodness, thank you, Isaac Loancron, Thank you Isaac. Do you want me to get you a lazine from the medicine cabinet? You prefer suecrats Pine Brothers.
Speaker 1: Got to be way more powerful than that, I'm afraid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have I wait, hold on, I was saying, go on the top of a mountain? Did you bring your did redo? All right, we'll get you some toss in in the meantime.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Loan Crown.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're Cavino and rich. Things that made you go hmm. How about t J Watt surpassing his brother JJ on the All Time sack List. I was surprised to hear that, you like, JJ gets all the props kind of you know what, it's You're right, it's like TJ slowly, but TJ has been so dominant. But yeah, all right, but wouldn't you think that JJ was way ahead.
Speaker 1: It's just based on reputation.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, it's because of JJ's personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Jameis Winston effect. Be personable, you get extra bonus points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: I think we all had that misconception, right, just simply based on personality and who JJ is and who JJ was. TJ passed his big bro on the All Time Sacklist with a strip sacked versus the Bears Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: Show you enough to make me get a little love somewhere else.
Speaker 2: You know, it made me say, hum, in the sense that it was good to see his intensity. You know that Kirk Cousins intensity at fire, so props to him. Again, he had what just about two hundred yards two tuddies one I n t with the win over the Saints, so props to him.
Speaker 1: That's the shame. What's happening to that dude with Atlanta?
Speaker 4: You know he.
Speaker 2: Deserves to play at least my thoughts said fat contract. I mean, he's getting paid. I don't feel that bad. But I think one of the crazy stories right now is that the one in five Ravens are now six and five, and.
Speaker 4: We called it when we schedule watching it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna say I told you so, because it wasn't like a big outlandish thing. I said, look at their schedule so the week and if they're decent, they'll win.
Speaker 1: They're gonna keep winning.
Speaker 2: And the crazy part about it, the Steelers look vulnerable as can be and play each other in a couple weeks, and that might be an opportunity for Aaron Rodgers to say not so fast, or for them to put a little nail in the coffin of the Steelers.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be an interesting one.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you when that happens, because they still have to play twice this year, and once is in two weeks.
Speaker 5: So who would have bet at this point in the NFL season that the New England Patriots would have the best record in the whole league?
Speaker 1: Nuts? And what nine in a row? Yeah, is what I said before you. Nine in a row.
Speaker 2: They're on a nine game streak more than anyone else in the NFL right now, right now, right now, they're both six and five the Ravens and Steelers. Steelers have to host the Bills and the Ravens have to play on Thanksgiving Day against the Bengals, so the Ravens could actually be a game ahead of Pittsburgh and then they play each other the following week. So that's working out just the way we wanted as well. I feel like it's it's close, it's fun. One more observation and has to do with comedy. I watched Sebastian Maniscalco's comedy special on Hulu and he's one of our favorites, but he has turned or let's say evolved, right because we all do, but he's turned into a caricature of himself because what used to really make us laugh. The animated physical comedy has just really owned his whole stage presence. And you saw them joke about that on Saturday Night Live a week ago when they did an impression of him. Because but it's so funny though, because he tells like these average everyday stories.
Speaker 1: I was at the zoo.
Speaker 2: But he's so like animated and over the top now that you can't help but laugh.
Speaker 1: As you know what I say.
Speaker 2: It's not that I'm certainly not saying his writing isn't good, but we used to be fascinated with like, oh, we know an Italian guy like that, or some cultures would be like oh, similar to like a Mexican family or a Dominican family.
Speaker 1: He talked about my.
Speaker 2: Old school parents and his voice. That's what led his routine. Cavino's right, he's now like Jim Carry and John Ritter combined. This guy everything he says every right, right, yeah, and he's screaming.
Speaker 1: He's way more animated. He's yelling.
Speaker 2: It's so funny to see the evolution of this guy. It's like it's like a it's the SpongeBob effect. He saw what got the laugh and he just stuck with it and ran with it when spot Spongebobs split his pants. So anyway, your thoughts, your observations will wrap it up. Next Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. All right now, Cavino, Yes, you know, come football Sundays. A lot of people want to come by my house. He got the set up, break out the multiple TVs. But that middle one, that main one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, TCL. Oh, yeah, that TCL. It's ridiculous, exactly, buddy.
Speaker 2: Hey, the QD Mini led the brightness is wild, the contrast is deep, the color spot on.
Speaker 1: And the motion silky. It just looks better. And now the price looks even better.
Speaker 2: Bigger, brighter, better Black Friday with the to fifty percent off select tcltvs, including the Ultimate Series from the QM eight K, the Ultimate Choice, Ultimate Brightness, Ultimate Black Levels for the Ultimate Game Day Experience to the QM six K.
Speaker 1: There's a sweet spot for every.
Speaker 2: Room Premium picture on sale now. Plus you still enter to win four tickets to Super Bowl sixty, which is super dope. Four tickets. Sign me up with TCL Ultimate Season to score at TCL dot com, hit your favorite retail in grab this amazing dal Locke and Epic Experiences epic savings and undeniable bragging rights now through Black Friday while supplies last TCL official TV partner of NFL Bigger, Brighter, Better, Black Friday Select models limited time. Seetcl dot com for details. Back in the days in the Boulevards and Linda Cavino and Rich with a triump called Quest my absolute favorite hip hop group of the nineties. As who said it? Somebody said it the Nirvana of hip hop?
Speaker 4: Who's ripe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was the best Cavi you know?
Speaker 2: And Rich so many observations from Week twelve of the NFL. Then wraps up tonight Niners Panthers, which, by the way, it's gonna be a heck of a game that has implications, especially if you're a Panthers fan. Dare I say this because you know me, I'm a Niners guy. You win this game. That division that we thought was Tampa's is certainly not, certainly not their division. Baker is banged up, That team looks soft like they got You know, that game.
Speaker 1: Wasn't even a game yesterday.
Speaker 2: What you know about Cam, you know about game? By the way, you know who said that about a trip cold Quest? I remembered our old Palm, Michael Rampaport, Oh yeah, hey Cavino Rich on Fox Sports Radio and his time for our tire rack play of the day. Cowboys came all the way back from the dead.
Speaker 9: Snapping hold forty two yard kicked from the Cowboys have won this football game.
Speaker 1: Butter, Butter, Butter, Butter Butter. I don't know when they've won one that felt like this.
Speaker 9: Forty two for Aubrey and the Cowboys win twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 2: That was a surprise to me, but props to them. That's courtesy of Dallas Cowboys Radio Network. That was our tire rack play of the Day. For over forty years, Tyreck has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation. Well, dare I schedule watch too much? Tireck dot com we tire buying should be Tyreck. Dare I schedule watch too much?
Speaker 1: The rich loves to look at the schedule. Game schedule watch it.
Speaker 2: Damn Yeah. The Panthers play the Bucks twice though, so they're both at six and five right now and the Panthers obviously have not had their bye week nt they're both six and five, so a big mic. You know, the guy who runs his place? Who who is the only Panthers fan I know? Even if they lose to the Niners tonight, they still have their destiny in their own hands because they just have a little bit of a rough go at it because they play the Rams, but then they play the Rams and the Seahawks. But they do play the Saints, and they play the Bucks twice, so don't count them out. Even if they do lose tonight, they'll be a half a game behind the Bucks. But with Baker ailing and that team just not looking right, the Panthers could drop a couple and the winner of that division could be that. You know, the four seed sometimes is like ten and seven and not so great. Dare I say nine and eight? No wildcard's gonna make it with that record, But I think the winner of the South could be nine and eight or ten and seven. But you're you're not gonna get a wildcard, I don't think with less than double which with even ten wins.
Speaker 1: Perhaps so with the way.
Speaker 2: The NFC North is, with the three headed monster of the Bears looking like they're for real, the Lions and the Pack. And then you look in the West and you say, well, the Rams, Seahawks and Niners. There's no you know, there's not gonna be a team that wins nine or ten games that makes the wildcard. But watch, you'll see the team that wins the NFC South is going to be that four seed that gets to host.
Speaker 1: The wildcard game. And they're gonna be like nine and eight.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like the nine and eight Panthers of the nine and eight Tampa Bay Bucks. It ain't right, yeah, but that's that's football. There's always that weak division that gets the benefit of the of the one home game.
Speaker 1: You'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not that's not a big outlandish bet. I don't think someone. I don't think anyone in that.
Speaker 1: Division wins double digits. Okay, so we'll wrap it up.
Speaker 2: Any other thoughts, any of their phone calls, the feedback on YouTube too, Covino and Rich FSR. You still haven't signed in huh Rich's protesting signing in the corporate computer. I think, hey, why do they make it difficult. We're radio hosts. We're not it guys. You know, can we just sign it? Oh? I just saw our video Spot. He just huffed and puffed and he's marching in here. He's not the eight guys.
Speaker 1: No we're not. But Spot, it's like it's signed that there's some dude's name. I don't know.
Speaker 2: He just mumbled bozos. But anyway, your feedback is appreciated. We're very thankful Thanksgiving week for all your feedback for putting up with us.
Speaker 1: Props again to the Chief, I have to know my iHeart sign it through the Rams.
Speaker 2: I feel like every week we come here like man, the Rams and Rams, they're still not getting the respect they deserve. The numbers are there, the winds are there, but as far as the respect, it's their league right now, but we're not really making it. We're still waiting for someone else to step up. It's the Rams and the Patriots. Props to the Cowboys. Props to Shador Sanders. I thought he looked good. I like what he had to say too about you know, look no further than him, something along those lines. I'm the guy you've been looking for, and that's on him to continue proving that.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: The Eagles, I don't know what happened Danny, g your Raiders are just ass. But I did like the mutual respect between Geno and at the end I thought that was kind of cool to see.
Speaker 1: And some good boxing. It was a nice weekend of sports.
Speaker 2: You know, There's one question Danny hit me up during the break with which I agree completely. So the big test for Shador is gonna be interesting this next week. The Niners are coming off a little bit of a shorter week. They have Monday night, so they're gonna be playing the Browns. Will Shador Sanders perform against a Robert Salad defense? That, to me is the big question. Hey, Rich, can I wrap it up with one more?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 2: This weekend was my daughter's sweet sixteen, and my goodness, distrust involved in that. You know what I noticed note made me say, hmm, we've observed this before. But teens love to dance, and from the pictures I've seen, they don't like to dress up though they love to dance. They have no shame these kids, They're not embarrassed. We're gonna play some games next hour. Stick around