Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with Bloomberg's avalon for no Avlon. What are you looking at today?
Speaker 1: Start off with one of the top performers on the S and P five hundred this morning. That's Nxpiece in my conductor's ticker, NXPI, jumping twenty five percent to hit an intra day record. And that's after the chip maker reported first quarter results that surpassed expectations and also gave a second quarter forecast do beat estimates. Part of that optimism, though, which I found interesting, stems from growing demand from the auto industry as companies look to push more software defined cars and evs.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: I've kind of joke.
Speaker 3: I've been going to the CES conference in Vegas for like thirty years, and it used to be actually a consumer electronic show.
Speaker 4: Not anymore.
Speaker 3: Now it's an auto show, you know with you know so and my new vehicle. I just upgraded my lease expired so one from twenty twenty three months to twenty twenty six. Even that changed from three years. I have to relearn everything so much to change.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the car is now just a tech gadget sun wheels.
Speaker 3: Yes, especially it's my iPhone with four wheels, is what I say.
Speaker 4: Well said prettaching.
Speaker 3: And that's a fifty two week high for NXP Semiconductors. What's next.
Speaker 1: What's next is Wingstop. That's ticker wing now following about five point eight percent. That's after the Chicken chain lowered its guidance for the full year as those first quarter same store sales fill below expectations. The results really confirmed investor concerns that customer traffic to the chain is continued to significantly drop off. Tdcowain writing that it was a tough start and that part of the MYSS can also be attributed to Wingstop's customer base potentially being more exposed to those macrohead wines that we've seen throughout the start of the year, and some are also questioning if the loyalty program will help drive sales back as we heading towards the second half of the year.
Speaker 4: We'll see, though, everyone's got a loyalty program. Speaking of loyalty programs. There's one for Starbucks as well, and you're taking a look at that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, Stet's ticker s Bucks bux now gaining close to nine percent right now most interday since January. That's after the company second quarter sales topped estimates and it boost its full year comparable sales forecast.
Speaker 4: Starbucks largely had US sales.
Speaker 1: To think for that beat, and interestingly enough, at least to me, the popularity of cold foam among gen z. Yeah, the sales of cold foam was up more than forty percent in the second quarter. So looks like that question towards protein is working. That's different from cold brew, right, Yes, yes, it's like the little foamy top that you have on top of your drink. Instead of whiped cream, you could get cold foam.
Speaker 3: Okay, double short mocha.
Speaker 4: I've been ordering the same thing for now. Ask for cold foam. Yeah, that's your protein.
Speaker 3: My first Starbucks I ever went to, like one hundred years ago, was outside the offices of Janis Financial in Denver, Colorado, and I walked in no idea.
Speaker 4: I had no idea how to.
Speaker 3: Order, no idea.
Speaker 4: You told them you wanted a small and they laughed at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly. I got behind one of those people just sat. This person came in and like she had never been in a Starbucks report. So the rock I had spent like ten or fifteen minutes explaining all the drinks, and then we got through the sizes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you get that? Yeah, I know it was I can't explain that.
Speaker 3: The line was going to basic people going nuts. It was very funny to see.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.