Speaker 1: This is the most traumatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zema coming to you from the home office in Austin, Texas. Hope everybody's doing great today. Just got home from a big trip and Lauren and I said, let's sit down and record a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, you literally just got home. Youveen gone so long for days and days. I haven't slept, I haven't eaten. I was alone so much. I was alone.
Speaker 1: If you guys follow LZ on social media, and I hope you do, because I do. And that's how I figure out what's going on in the world and what I'm going to walk into. When I see there is a stream of stories and there's like twenty stories. I know she hasn't slept in days. I know she probably hasn't eaten, and she hasn't left the house. And it's I'm walking into a dark situation.
Speaker 2: I can't own this. I can't just find my behavior. I should be a more functioning adult, and you know, there should be more functional I really should. I don't know. It's weird. On the one hand, I consider myself a strong, independent person, and then on the other hand, I'm like, I'm a fairal child, don't I can't. When you were gone, I don't really eat. I'm not joking. I think I just drank coffee yesterday and I had a piece of cheese at one point. And I'm not trying not to eat. I just don't know how to make food. And when I say that I was gone, I was alone for so long. I was alone for one day because.
Speaker 1: Two nights, two nights, you ended up at babe.
Speaker 2: Thank you for saying that it was too you.
Speaker 1: You were strong.
Speaker 2: Thank you for defending me against myself. My mom and sister came into town. Here's the thing, I never mind you going on a trip. I'm always like, go on a trip to your thing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that you're very supportive.
Speaker 2: Well, we're both like that, but when you are. Part of the reason I don't mind is because I'm the type of person like when you go somewhere, I fill my time. I have a friend come into town, or my mother or my sister coming to town, or I make a bunch of plans with friends. But there was this one day when I got really caught up in wedding stuff. And I am not exaggerating. I don't know if anybody has a day like this, I'm calling it a lost day. I don't know what happened to my brain, to my time management ability. I ended up sitting at our kitchen counter on my laptop working on wedding stuff for ten hours. My back hurt at the end of it. I couldn't my eyes were twitching because it's staring at a screen.
Speaker 1: What I found out, so I was on this trip and I had very little touch with the real world.
Speaker 2: Well, you had no Wi Fi and cell service remote area.
Speaker 1: Where I was. This particular camp we had it was summer camp. We had electricity from three in the afternoon until eight in the morning, and that was it. And then they would turn off the generator.
Speaker 2: Picture you were like, it was like Samuel L. Jackson in Jurassic Park was like switching pretty generator on.
Speaker 1: But I found out when I did get there's one place at this compound where you could get Wi Fi for a few hours a night. And I saw that you went wedding dress shopping. Yes, I did, and you picked a dress.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then you were kind of upset with me.
Speaker 1: Not upset, I was jealous, is what I said. I saw you in all these dresses because I haven't seen these pictures. The first time I saw all these pictures of you trying on dresses was with the rest of the world. You were posting them on Instagram, and I said, I got a little jealous that you were sharing this with all of us at the same time. I'm so sorry, but I was excited to learn on Instagram. And this is how I found out. She didn't tell me, oh my gosh, I have the dress.
Speaker 2: I would have told you. I didn't even know you were on your phone at all. I thought you would know service I.
Speaker 1: Got this message via Instagram. I found the dress. So I text you and I said, oh, congratulations, I hear you found our wedding dress.
Speaker 2: You know it's strange. I actually felt I really never would have intended to even show you those photos. And I only posted pictures on Instagram of wedding dresses that did not work out and that are very far from the actual dress I ended up choosing because, of course, I want to have this moment where you're away the dress is white.
Speaker 1: There was a moment when you were debating a black wedding dress.
Speaker 2: Apparently, well, I mean I considered it. I I don't feel the like if you want to. That's the thing. It's hard to not feel a funeral energy from it. And you know, someone pointed out to me that how often do we wear a little black dress to dinner or to a party or whatever, So why not wear a white dress? And it's a little bit more different for the big day.
Speaker 1: But the dress has been chosen.
Speaker 2: Yes, And okay, I never really intended to show you those photos of me. I mean, I know that I put them on Instagram, but I don't know in my mind, all the people who I interact with on Instagram are like my friends, and I was sort of almost sharing them with my girlfriends almost and being like, look, how how bad these dresses looked on me. I don't even think I would not have taken my phone and showed you the photos.
Speaker 1: But but now you see how that logic is flawed, right.
Speaker 2: Because I put it on Instagram for all the world to see. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of breakups.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, can I have a serious question. Do you think that I mean, I feel bad. Did that ruin it for you in anyway?
Speaker 1: Our wedding? Well, at the moment, the dress, no, because Obviously, I don't know what the dress looks like, and you're not going to post that I don't think, and so I have no idea what the dress.
Speaker 2: Part of me wants to test. I mean, don't you love when women test people? This is so toxic for relationship. I want to see. I want to ask you what type of dress you think I'm I would.
Speaker 1: You would like to set me up for failures? What you would like to know? What you'd like is to set me up to call on a in a pit of vipers.
Speaker 2: I want to see how well you know me. But what I'm worried. I actually think you know me really well, and I'm worried that you're gonna come close to it and then my face won't be able to like hide the reactioners.
Speaker 1: But if I fail miserably and it's nothing like.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I will You and I kind of have different tastes. I don't know if most couples are like this. You actually, if you go pick something out for me, you don't pick out something bad, but you don't really pick out like you just have different tastes than I do.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: You kind of like a flowy sort of Texas cowgirl type of dress, and I'm more like structured fitted Audrey Hepburn breakfast at Tiffany's Energy. So you have.
Speaker 1: Different well, your old school, your classic Hollywood. Well, thank you for saying that you are. You are Hepburn, you are.
Speaker 2: The difference is and now I'm going to get mad at you. If I were picking out close for you, I would pick out something I know you would like.
Speaker 1: It would be golf clubs.
Speaker 2: No, I have that one time I bought you. I've bought you some sweaters before that, a little outside your comfort zone, and you do wear them. I think you look good at it.
Speaker 1: Try and honestly, here's the thing. For guys, for the most part, we're pretty easy. If you bias something and you say I love you in that, I think you look sexy in that, you look great in that, I'm going to wear it.
Speaker 2: Actually, you're right, I feel a little differently. Even if you told me, I think I'd wear it for you, but I still wouldn't feel great in set outfit I would.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's good.
Speaker 2: Now, really? Yeah, okay, here's another question. We haven't talked about this. Do you know what a first look is? Of course, the wedding, Okay, of course, yeah, should we do that or do you want to see me for the first time?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to do that. It was you know, I just flashed back to Ari and Lauren's wedding. I officiated for them honorably.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we were dating in secret at the time. That's right, And so I couldn't come to the wedding with you because no one knew we were dating.
Speaker 1: There. Yeah, because there's a lot of Bachelor people, well some some of the Bachelor producers and uh, as you said, I officiated, and so I was with Ari and the guys beforehand, and he did a first look. We did a fake one first, or he did a fake one first. One of his buddies, one of his groomsmen, put on a wedding dress. Yes, I've seen it, so he turned around and then they did the real first look. And you know, and that's for your videos and pictures and all that. That's really cute. So I get it. I don't want that. I don't need that. I don't want that moment. I really want the moment when you step out and everybody enjoys it at the same time.
Speaker 2: That's my opinion, I think a lot of people do it to save time on photos. They do the first look so they can take pictures beforehand, and I totally understand that. And my little sister and her husband did a first look, and I was worried it would take the emotion away, but he was still bawling when she walked down the aisle. It was still all so emotional. But there is something I feel the same. It's hard for me, like I picture that moment. I actually told you that the only moment I really cared about for our wedding and why I felt like it had to be a little bit of a traditional wedding was walking down the aisle, and I I want to have that. I don't think I want to do a first look.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: We agree, we agree more time taking pictures.
Speaker 1: Buddy, you have the dress I do, and there will not be a first look. No, okay, good. I love that we were doing this with the world, so at least we're getting a ton we're getting it done, checking this off the list.
Speaker 2: I was really surprised I cried with the dress twice. Twice. I did not think I.
Speaker 1: Would, because here's the thing. In all fairness, I knew you liked a dress because you said, I went to a dress shop today by myself and I cried, just you and the shop attendant and you cried. And which, by the way, I'm guessing if you work at a wedding shop, I'm that probably happens a lot. There's emotions. I bet that's a very interesting job to be someone who's selling wedding dresses because you're getting.
Speaker 2: Me it's a very joyful well you think.
Speaker 1: And then I bet it's also stressful because totally moms are involved, mother in laws are involved.
Speaker 2: A lot of energy balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet it is a lot.
Speaker 2: My mom metal my mom both had a lot to say and in the moments where she was silent that if.
Speaker 1: You're a therapist, that might be a great job for you selling wedding dresses, because I bet.
Speaker 2: You hear it all you're doing negotiations.
Speaker 1: You know what, if you sell wedding dresses, if you have some good stories, leave a message below.
Speaker 2: Do you have to have seen it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Drop into the most dramatic pod ever.
Speaker 2: Comment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comment, I would really be interested in some of the craziest wedding dress shopping stories.
Speaker 2: I bet they are their most extreme. Well, I was surprised because and by the way, I mean I've said before I'm divorced. Even when I got married the first time, I am not that person whoever, Like, I just did not grow up picturing what my wedding would look like, what my dress would look like, which is kind of harder when planning it, because you don't have a box you're playing it, you don't have a vision you're trying to meet and all the white dresses start to look the same at some point. And so I especially us getting married again. I mean, I love you, and all I want to do is marry you, and I would marry you in our living room tomorrow. So this time around, I'm not even a first time bride, and in a very good way, I'm not that concerned with everything. So I was literally telling every attendant at every story I went to, like, I don't think I'm gonna cry, just so you know, like I'm not gonna have the moment. I'm like, and don't think there's anything wrong, but like, that's not me. I was very like Miranda in Sex and the City, like no, I just want to dress and then I put this dress on, and then she put the veil on me, and I freaking started crying. And I was there the first time I went. I even I was so casual about it, and I went alone. My mom and sister weren't even in town yet, and I just went by myself and I was crying alone with this very sweet one.
Speaker 1: Are you wearing a veil? I mean, TV, did you just drop that nugget?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just she put a veil on me. I just felt like the moment.
Speaker 1: That's another thing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I'm not going to tell you any more details.
Speaker 1: Well just tell everybody else.
Speaker 2: Going to put it on. You want to see it there, please follow me at Lauren Zima Chris Harrison, there is Remember when you followed me on Twitter? When we were dating, we realized we weren't following me on.
Speaker 1: It was a while. It was a long we were dating, a like, no, we had already said I love you, We've been dating for two years, and.
Speaker 2: Then I realized he wasn't following me on Twitter. I'm like, this is so weird.
Speaker 1: Are you really dating? If you're not following someone on social media? It kind of shows you how relevant Twitter is. Speaking of this is, there's really no sing.
Speaker 2: Do you know what you're wearing on the wedding day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll wear a tux.
Speaker 2: But do you know which one? Are you going to get a new one? You have a couple in your closet the job used to do.
Speaker 1: I do have a few tuxedos. I'll probably get a new one.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I thought you had this one tux you loved so much.
Speaker 1: I did. But this is a story that nobody cares about. There is a there is a tuxedo. And Carrie Fetman, who I love and adore, is one of our dear friends. He was the clothier on.
Speaker 2: The Batch, longtime stylist of the Bachelor franchise, and the nicest, funniest one.
Speaker 1: And only style. Actually it's not true. We've had two stylists, believe it or not. I don't remember her name. There was a stylist season one. It was just not and then it was a disaster and I didn't know. I was new to network TV, and so I didn't know. I just show up and someone gave me some really bad clothes. I look like looked like, you know, I don't know, something out of the eighties or nineties, very puffy, very.
Speaker 2: Well in these early days. It was just early two years and.
Speaker 1: I mentioned something about can I buy some different clothes or get and they said, you can do whatever. You're the host. You can like hire whoever you want. I didn't actually hire Carry. Somebody else brought him in. Wonderful. Turned out to be the greatest thing in the world. And we have been dear friends ever since. He's dressed all the bacheorettes and everybody. Anyway, So we have a this amazing Dulcha Gabona tucks and so I told him he's the only one that knows this. I said, I want to be buried in this tuxedo.
Speaker 2: It's like, well buried, not married and married.
Speaker 1: But I loved it so much. I said, this is this is it, This is the suit I want to just rest in forever. And we lost it. Wait what we lost it?
Speaker 2: How do you lose a tuxedo?
Speaker 1: We lost half of it. We don't know where. We took it to the cleaners or something. We lost it and we called Dulce. We tried to recreate this. It cannot be done, Honey, I'm just learning this heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: Is this upsetting? You loved that?
Speaker 1: Oh? It almost broke carry An eye up. We've to this day. It's our When did this happen? I'm just learning about years ago. I wore this thing on all the Miss America's I had. This is if I was in a tux. This was the tux I was wearing. It was a dream.
Speaker 2: Well, it's time to get into time to get a new one, new memories. My little sister's wedding dress just got stolen.
Speaker 1: I heard that.
Speaker 2: Yes, you told me that.
Speaker 1: That is bizarre.
Speaker 2: We brought it to a cleaner's and they had had someone. I guess they bring in a person especially clean the wedding dresses. And I was in this person's car and along with a couple of other dresses and they all got stolen.
Speaker 1: Now did you guys know that that was a thing, because I said to Lauren, who would steal a wedding dress?
Speaker 2: And you be selling them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it happens a lot because you resell those.
Speaker 2: It happened to Claire Crawley. We talked about it.
Speaker 1: Bad Mojo.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not getting good karm in the world. If you're stealing people's wedding dresses, you are.
Speaker 1: Doomed and cursed in love. The rest of your life.
Speaker 2: It's like the it's like the marriage version of what is it? Seven years of bad sex? If you break a mirror, if you steal a wedding dress, You're never gonna have a happy marriage.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's what happened to Kevin Costner and his wife transition?
Speaker 2: Okay, our first dramatic headline of the week, Kevin Costner. This was shocking news to me? Was it shocking to you? It is announced that Kevin Costner and his wife of eighteen years are getting divorced. We had just seen them not long ago. It was kind of a bizarre video. But remember there was an awards show he was supposed to be at, might have been the Golden Globes, and he sent in this video and he said him and his wife were like stuck because it was flooding in Santa Barbara and so they couldn't get to the awards show, and everyone was kind of like, do you have a helicopter or Kevin Costner? But I mean they were just together in that video not long ago, so I guess they're pretty private. There weren't all these signs or whatever that they were splitting up. But I found it shocking eighteen years.
Speaker 1: Eighteen years. Christine is her name. I don't know. I don't recall really knowing much about Kevin Costner, hearing much about his life.
Speaker 2: Which I kind of admire that it keeps it so close.
Speaker 1: One of those people where you hear about him, you see him, you don't really see the rest of his life. Seems like a pretty private guy. So I don't know anything. There's all kinds of rumors floating around. What have you after eighteen years? It's interesting to me someone brought up, you know, the question after fifteen to twenty years.
Speaker 2: I think people wonder why couldn't they make it work at that point?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What made it wrong at that point?
Speaker 1: And I guess this hit close to home because this is when we got divorced my first marriage. We were like seventeen eighteen years into it and that's when we got divorced. And I don't think they went through the same things ours was. You get married young, you have kids, you grow, you grow differently, you change, and you kind of grow apart, and you know, then you kind of muddle through several years before you realize we're just roommates and this isn't happening. What did they do for eighteen years. I don't know if it was the same kind of cause and effect, but I get it after that long of a time, it seems to me.
Speaker 2: You tell me, but it seems like kids make a big difference in a situation like this. And they did have kids. But I would imagine that when you have kids with someone like I did not have kids for my first marriage. I would imagine when you have kids, it would probably prolong a relationship that wouldn't be great just on its own. In the relationship because you have the kids. You're staying together for the kids, and you find joy together and the kids too. I'm not saying it's all bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that commonality and you find joy in those moments for sure, But when that ends or it starts to be less and less as the kids get older.
Speaker 2: I have to say I actually have this question less about like an eighteen twenty year marriage. I more so wonder what went wrong when so some one's like seven or eight years in. Then I think to myself, Okay, I'm confused, Like you were together long enough that it seemed like you were committing, but then you kind of pulled out and didn't commit. You know what I'm saying Like that, that's more of my question mark moment. When you hear about people together less somewhere between five to ten years and then they break up.
Speaker 1: I know, relationships look, and I know this isn't the most revelatory sentence, but they're all difficult and they're so different. There is no relationship is the same. And so whatever you're going through, you just don't know whether it's family stuff, work, stress, cheating. You know who knows well?
Speaker 2: You know, an astrologist told me. Have I ever talked about this with the astrologist told me about us? I can't remember. Well, I had our star charts read okay, and an astrologist told me that if we are together for seven years, we're together forever.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Boy, well, we're only on five.
Speaker 1: We're honing in on that though, closing in.
Speaker 2: Maybe we got two more years. That's not nothing. I thought, on the one hand, it's a long time. On the other hand, I could fly by, but we got two more years.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be the bond before God, where we said till death to his part that would make it last. But no, Apparently there's a woman that we don't know.
Speaker 2: I know her. She's my astrologist.
Speaker 1: Is now dictating that we're going to be together.
Speaker 2: He's not dictating it, she's reading reading the stars starts. I got it, and I will tell everybody. She did tell me that our wedding date was not a great date for us to get married on. She said, the stars aren't aren't aligned on.
Speaker 1: We're doomed from the stars. We're doomed from the star.
Speaker 2: She said we should get legally married a few days before, just to be safe.
Speaker 1: What did you think about Peter Webber and Kelly Flanning?
Speaker 2: And he seemed to be really blown past my astrology stuff. You don't want to.
Speaker 1: Just what'd you think of Peter on this? Okay?
Speaker 2: Peter Weber and Kelly Flanning and breaking up.
Speaker 1: I was sorry to get I was sorry to hear this news.
Speaker 2: Tell me why.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just I like them both same. I really like Peter and I really like Kelly. And I know you keep in touch with Kelly too.
Speaker 2: And we hung out with them. Was that in the pandemic? They came over to your house at one point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: They done house and we hung out on the deck because Peter's parents lived very close to where we used to.
Speaker 1: Actually forgot about that. Yeah, they came up and sat, we set.
Speaker 2: Out by the fire bit got first got back together together. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I think it's when they got back together and nobody knew, and so they come out and hang in our backyard where nobody would find out. But that is yeah, it was, you know again, just kind of like the Kevin Costner thing. Who knows. I have no idea what happened, nor do I care to. That's their business. I was just sad that, you know, the chances of getting back together and we'll talk about that, getting back with your X and giving it another run.
Speaker 2: You're never a big fan of that. It typically doesn't want to say people broke up for And by the way, I'm not saying I told you so or anything like that. It's I only know because I've made these mistakes, I've tripped over these hurdles I'm talking about. Well, as you're saying that out loud, I'm honestly racking my brain trying to think who do I know who got back with an X and it worked out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I can't.
Speaker 2: Think of anybody it doesn't usually work out. There's got to be some examples out there, but I can't think of anybody. And look, I do think Peter and Kelly and I adore them both. I do. I think they're both great people. I get the sense from them just from only from what I know that I think they have this connection, you know, when you have a connection in a relationship, but really there are just some logistics and some personality issues in the way, and then you come back to each other and again you have that chemistry, but it's just not going to work out in the long run.
Speaker 1: I always just say, just be careful because you will quickly forget the bad things and remember the good things.
Speaker 2: I mean, they were together a good amount of time on this circle back that we had. Yeah, it's a circle back, you know, it's a bring it up in your inbox, it's a reply all, it's a BCC. Can we work it.
Speaker 1: Out our best of both? We love them both and wish them both the best.
Speaker 2: I've got to think of somebody. There's got to be something.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm racking my brain too. I don't know anybody. I don't know any reruns.
Speaker 2: Only new material.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the writers strike yes, we're We are obviously involved in this whole Hollywood world, although we escaped it thankfully with our lives and our souls still intact, being here in Austin, Texas, the astrologer back in the old City of Angels, what's left of it. There is a writer's strike in Hollywood and it is crushing the industry right now.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't support the writers more. I think that everything are asking for is reasonable. I understand all the points that they're making. If you have not heard about this, I mean, it's been all over on every major news network. And basically these writers had put off their negotiations. They were up for negotiating new contracts, and they had, I think graciously said okay, because the pandemic will hold off. So now there are a couple of years late to getting these demands met that they have, which are very reasonable demands. And the basic of it is that the streaming industry has completely changed Hollywood completely changed the structure on which writers are trained and paid and how they move up, and they want to get that fixed so that they can make a living and move up in their industry and with a clear kind of ladder of how to climb, and I mean they want to ask about stuff, which again I think is like one thing that they said the studios wouldn't talk to them about was AI, because they wanted to address are you going to start using artificial intelgence to write scripts? And if so, are we? And the answers yeah, if they don't want to, if they don't want to talk about it, they are. And god, I can't even picture that like this.
Speaker 1: In the studio save five dollars, then they're going to do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the soullessness of a computer writing like a romantic movie just makes me sad.
Speaker 1: But the industry has changed at a at an insane pace, and I'll defend the.
Speaker 2: You know you're playing Devil's Avage.
Speaker 1: No, no, not Devil's Advocate, but you know both sides. It's changed immensely for both sides. And it's changing so fast every day, as you know, you and I are in this business, it's going quickly.
Speaker 2: I'm exhausted, but you're right.
Speaker 1: The writers are these like bastard step kids who have been left behind, which is nonsensical because they are the gold behind every show movie you love, and they have been left behind in the dust. And been treated like they are part time nothing. And they're all they're saying is, hey, we're not part time workers, We're not nothing. We deserve a little piece of this. They don't even want a huge piece, like just you got to remember us here. So yeah, they've been left behind in the dust, and it's not okay.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think it's hard when you know, the CEOs of some of these companies are making hundreds of millions of dollars a year one person and as somebody pointed out, it might have been one of the representatives of the Writers Guild that years ago in Hollywood and the good old days, that the heads of studios were people who really cared about what the vibe of the studio was and what the studio was known for, what movies and you know, what energy it had, what art it put out. And now CEOs of studios are like business people and that's how they treated and the heart and the art is lost.
Speaker 1: You told me a great story, and this is kind of this encapsulates the whole thing. I was a huge fan of the show Bear about the chef.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I told you a story from a story I had heard on our friend Matt Bellanie's podcast The Town.
Speaker 1: He does a great job and he's he is and by the way, if you want to get more into this Hollywood and he does it on any much more serious Hollywood level. Matt does a good job on the Town. But you told me the story about the writer on The Bear, which was critically acclaimed, it was phenomenal, got great ratings. But this is what happened to the writer.
Speaker 2: There was a apparently again a story of a story, but a writer went to the Writer's Guild awards. The Bear is a very awarded show, and he said he couldn't even afford a suit to go because he was so he was being paid so little. And I mean, think about you know, what do we remember about movies and TV shows the lines, the quotable line, of course, or nothing without the writers. So they have my full support. Yes, them striking means Hollywood's going to come to a screeching halt, and unfortunately money is going to be lost. But as the Writer's Guild says, you know, these studios didn't have to make it come to a screeching halt, and they're crippling their own industry because they won't give in on what we think are reasonable.
Speaker 1: If you don't think this doesn't affect you, maybe you haven't felt it yet, but even as just a casual viewer, it'll start to affect you because, yeah, we're heading into summer, and then you know you're not going to have any new cool stuff to stream next fall. You're not going to have new shows because the ripple effect will land you into next year, next fall, so it will be hitting all of us soon to losing our content. You're going to see a lot more reality TV. That's what happens. A lot of the studios will start buying more reality and you also have situations. And this came up with all the late night shows, all your favorite late night shows, if you actually are anybody who watches those?
Speaker 2: Does anyone know? Some people do. But the late night shows are the first to stop down because they're nightly almost news programs. But they do have writers, and so they've got no you know, programs to bank need writers. So Jimmy Fallon, Well, let's talk about Jimmy Fallon because he was on the red carpet at the gala and he gave an interview to Variety, to Mark Malkin at Variety where he said I support the writers. In fact, I'm in the writer's guild myself. And then someone who works at the Tonight show put him on blast on Twitter and said you weren't even accused him of allegedly not being at the meeting where they told the writers you know what was going to happen next, and said he should be paying them.
Speaker 1: He wasn't the meeting where they told the writers they're not going to get paid and that nobody's getting paid.
Speaker 2: So what do you think because you've you've obviously been in that position we both have. You're the host of a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's are you as the host of the show, and it's different being the host of say Dancy with a Star, Survivor IDOL or whatever.
Speaker 2: His names on that show.
Speaker 1: Your name is on the billboard. It is your show. So those guys, they have ownership, you know, Jimmy Kimmel, they have ownership of those shows. And they are, as you said, these like CEOs. They are making tens of millions, hundreds of millions of dollars. Are they culpable? Are they responsible for everybody? Or is it just the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I think the right thing to do is to pay people for a little bit. I mean, I don't expect any one person to take on an entire staff of people's paychecks for an unending amount of time. But I remember reading a great story about the last writer's strike, the last big one was in two thousand and eight, and Greg Daniels, who is the guy behind the office, gave all of his writers, you know, certain amounts of money to help them through.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, I mean maybe there's a stipend it, you know, I don't know. I'm guessing there are hundreds of employees at the a show like Fallon or Kimmel. I mean, I've been there, I've been I've done kim Ll probably you know a dozen times. Yeah, there are hundreds of people from security to craft services, to hair and makeup, to wardrobe, to producers to direct to That's.
Speaker 2: What sorry with the writer's strike. Everybody gets.
Speaker 1: When you think of writers, you're like, okay, these writers, but they are shutting everything down. And so when you're talking about a nightly show, that is everybody losing their jobs and that's huge, and so that is it's what you have to do to make a statement but at the same time, you're no one's going to get through this unscathed. People are going to be hurt. So it is a difficult time. And I know these these shows are going to have to, you know, make those very tough calls. I I don't here's I don't love that she put Jimmy on blast. I think maybe she could have tried to handle this in house first. To go immediately day one, to put them on blast on social media, I think it's just such a thing to do. Now, like I'm going to be the first guy to first person to call him out and make because from what I hear about Fallon, I don't know him. I've heard he's a good guy. I hear you know, I'm sure he wants to do what's right. To put him on blast immediately, why not run it up the chain and say, hey, Jimmy might have I don't know, maybe she Maybe she did.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, that's the right first movie, Yeah, And I mean I don't know. Maybe he had plans to pay people and we don't know about it. I mean, but I.
Speaker 1: Bet he does now. Gwyneth Paltrow, Yes, talking sex well with Ben Affleck and Brad Pitt Right.
Speaker 2: Gwyneth Paltro talking sex, nothing new, but she got into some specific details on the Call Her Daddy podcast. I was surprised by how open Gwyneth was. She really not even the word open revealing she was. She talked about how Ben Affleck and Brad Pitt both were in bed. She played the game f Mary Kill with Brad and Ben and her ex husband Chris Martin. She got into it. I was surprised that she was so she shared so much.
Speaker 1: What is your f Mary Kill? With Ben, Brad and Chris Martin?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I love that You're asking me, this is my future husband, what's yours?
Speaker 1: You know? And then I'll answer I would Let's see, that's a good question. I would probably be Mary. Let's see Mary. Chris Martin cold play just seems steady.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't think Brad Pitt's got a good career going.
Speaker 1: I think he does, but I don't know if he's steady. I think I think probably you're gonna f Brad Pitt.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean as a person, you think Chris Martin's more like even?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Even?
Speaker 2: Is it the beanies and the T shirts that I feel like he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a constant. Yeah, Ben's got problem. We all know Ben's got his issues.
Speaker 2: Ben's got some ups and downs going on.
Speaker 1: You But apparently Ben is the better in bad That's what.
Speaker 2: She had more of a chemistry with Brad. But that Ben Affleck was antike uote yes, say it technically excellent.
Speaker 1: By the way, Just that's that's what a great thing to just have out there in the ether.
Speaker 2: You know, it's quite a compliment.
Speaker 1: It is quite a compliment that he's technically excellent. Well, what she did well was she didn't sounds like a gymnast routine. Her dismount was incredible nine point seven.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of that scene in Friends where Monica is explaining to Chandler how to please a woman and she draws a diagram with numbers.
Speaker 1: And she's like seven three two.
Speaker 2: Four seven seven seven. I think she didn't throw anybody under the bus, which was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was good about you know, I will say, when.
Speaker 2: You're playing f Mary kill with the father of your children as one of the people, I mean you can't obviously you can't kill him. He's the father of your kids. Need him around. I mean it's not great. So we knew she I don't know how you don't say you're going to marry again, you know Chris Martin in that situation. But I will say personally I would, Actually, I'm gonna go Mary, Brad God, I don't want to. I don't want to f Ben, but I don't want to f Chris Martin either. Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, we'll stop there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, Brad, I mean, good looking guys, suave, great career.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite Brad Pitt? Oh?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 1: Is it Flman Louise? Is it? River Runs Through It? Is it Benjamin Button?
Speaker 2: Nobody's favorite Brad Pitt is The Curious Case Benjamin is it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Isn't it like an aging child in that movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But at some point through.
Speaker 2: That it's nobody's favorite.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it? What was the death movie? I can't think of?
Speaker 2: Black?
Speaker 1: Is it Mityo? Black?
Speaker 2: Interview? The Vampire Troy? We could go on. My favorite Brad pit is or Oceans The Adult. It's tough because I like him with the long hair, but I think he's doing some of his best acting, and he's so charismatic in the Oceans movies. He's always eating in those movies. That's his acting thing. He's always it is.
Speaker 1: He and Cludey. I mean, you can't beat their.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. Okay, let me give I'm gonna give you one more. I'm going to give you out of the Ocean's cast, and it's been Affleck's friend f Mary Kill the Ocean's eleven movie Triumphant, George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Clooney, I'm I'm gonna marry. I'm gonna marry Clooney. Okay, we have the place in Italy. He's just smart, you know, out of an espresso coffee.
Speaker 2: He's got the espresso money.
Speaker 1: He'ss is it? Do you find that odd that those guys do the like espresso serious coin.
Speaker 2: Well they've been doing it a long time.
Speaker 1: Andy Garcia and Clooney and all those guys doing.
Speaker 2: You know, back in the day, it was that it was smart as an actor to do commercials overseas because he turns America. Okay, answer the.
Speaker 1: Question and then you know, I'll probably stick with Brad Pitt in Bed.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna kill Matt Day.
Speaker 1: I know he has multi so much too. He's given us, you know.
Speaker 2: Scorn movies Goodwill Hunting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think we'd still have it?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Don't you think we'd have half a good Will Hunting with Ben Affleck because they wrote it together.
Speaker 2: I can't believe he killed.
Speaker 1: Matt Damon, who that's a tough one to kill somebody. You can't kill George Cloney's national trust.
Speaker 2: And to totally change it up in that situation, I'm gonna kill Brad. How dare you with those three? I would marry Matt. I think he's a good family man. Yeah, and he's a good husband.
Speaker 1: I could see you making love to colony. That seems like.
Speaker 2: A I'd probably in your wheelhouse. I mean, he's a very classic, you know, Hollywood icon.
Speaker 1: He's one of those it guys, those guys that just have it, that it factor when they walk in a room. I remember I was at the the Globes one year and everyone the cool thing about the Globes, everyone goes to the same party, and he walked in and it was just as you want your George Clooney. Sure, kind of his tucks was just kind of his bowtie was kind of open at that point. He had like a glass of bourbon or whiskey, whatever, can.
Speaker 2: You remember a lot of details about this?
Speaker 1: And well he came up and he saddled up at the bar right next to me. Wow, I was just thinking, you could just tell he was the room. Everybody knew he was in the room.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not even talking about the most important point of this Gwyneth Paltrow story, which is that in this article they quote, yeah, like Gwyneth Paltrow spoke about her Bounce co star Ben Affleck, and weren't you in the movie Bounce?
Speaker 1: I was, they should have said, when Gwyneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck co starred in the movie Bounce with Chris Harrison. I was in the movie Bounce. This was my big Hollywood debut.
Speaker 2: Was this before The Bachelor?
Speaker 1: This is before the Bachelor? So I was already in LA. I was working at the Horse Racing Network. I think I was doing HGTV Designer's Challenge at the time, and I would go on these auditions, typically for reporter get because I did local news in Oklahoma City and just auditioning. I would do auditions and I was so green. I knew nothing of the business. So they needed a reporter, CNN reporter, So we went to the C and N building, and if you haven't seen it, spoiler alert bounces about a plane crash. And there was this really pivotal emotional scene at the end of the movie, towards the end, when Ben Affleck has this kind of come to Jesus moment and he's watching my news report. What I didn't realize at the time was when it's a Ben Affleck and Gwyneth Paltrow movie, if you are possibly in a scene with them, guess who they're going to show you.
Speaker 2: Your face isn't even on the screen my.
Speaker 1: Well, technically it is, but it's in a reflection in the painting and the picture behind Ben Fleck. Oh so you can. I was a little crestfallen this and by the way, I thought I was in the movie. So I this is before I told everybody. I told everybody my family, I told everyone I used to work with back in Oklahoma. I have made it big. I'm in Hollywood and I am I'm a movie star. And when I saw when I went to the premiere, and I was like, oh, man, well the premiere. I did go to the premiere and Ben and we're there.
Speaker 2: Thank you for spoiling the two thousand film bounce. Okay, next up, we're going to get into this Heather ray Young. Yeah, private jet situation. So Heather ray Young. The headlines are slammed for detailing Sun's first flight on private jet, apparently people saying she was tone deaf because she spoke about bringing her three month old son on his first flight, talking about how he did a good job and how she breastfed him to like help with the flying, you know, the pressure on the plane and all that, and I guess people were commenting and saying that it was tone deaf of her because most moms obviously can't fly private.
Speaker 1: I actually saw this, which I didn't know much about Heather ray Young, but I found this very interesting how up in arms everybody was.
Speaker 2: I have interviewed her and Tark before. They're both lovely people, and I am coming to her defense on this. I was bothered by this because she didn't say, oh, you know, such an easy flight like she did. What she said was she was just explaining what she did to help with the pressure in his little ears and just kind of detailing a hack on that, right.
Speaker 1: I agreed that she wasn't.
Speaker 2: Saying what an easy travel experience navigating the airport and all that. She was literally talking about what it's like to have an infant baby in an airplane going through the air like.
Speaker 1: With this kissed me off.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this really kind of pissed me off.
Speaker 2: Okay, number one, I'll.
Speaker 1: Back her up. The breastfeeding to pop the baby's ears and to keep the pressure. Been there, done that, and you're right, because there's nothing worse than when you take off babies crying. I mean, they lose it. It is a special kind of cry.
Speaker 2: So you're constantly breastfeeding.
Speaker 1: I am constantly breastfeeding. I am the town wet nurse anyway, So kudos to you on the tip. But when everybody got so up in arms, she didn't say like you said. She wasn't saying how tough it is to fly. She wasn't saying anything about that. All she would doing was just trying to share what she does all the time. That's her thing, her lifestyle, to share that this was baby's first flight. I don't care that she had nanny's. I don't get by the way, I would do the same thing if I was able to fly private all the time and have nanny's with my kids. And help and fifty people and a chef and a masseuse. You don't think I would. You would too, you hypocrites. You would too if I had Southwest Airlines over here and you have C twenty.
Speaker 2: Four or there's this Oh sure, but nobody's saying, beautiful jet.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't be on that jet.
Speaker 2: Well, nobody's saying they wouldn't take it. They were What people were upset about is they were saying, it's tone uf to like share that and to act like you kind of went through this struggle. But to me, what was important was that it wasn't this specific like she wasn't specifically saying, oh, he was so great going through the airport and we had such an easy time. She was just talking about a baby in the press, sure of an airplane literally tone death. I mean, I don't think you know. I read something from like Kate Blanchitt about her last movie coming out, and she said that she doesn't think it's possible today. I'm not directly quoting her, but to put anything out there without it getting critiqued, I agree. I think today, if you're going to put anything out there, I mean I and by the way, circling back on the wedding dress stuff. Somebody messaged me and said, you should realize you're coming from such a place of privilege by getting married, and you should show some humility and stop talking about the wedding. And I was like, no, I mean, well I didn't. I really didn't think I was stopped.
Speaker 1: Following me if you don't want to hear about the wedding stuff following, well, I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I really, I mean to be honest, I didn't really think I was talking about it that much. And I was kind of laughing about it, showing photos of myself looking pretty crappy in some of these wedding dresses actually, and I was just just sort of sharing. So it's such a it's such a double edged sword social media. You can really connect with people, but you have to know you're going to get some.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, there's nothing you're to get to put out there in the world that isn't going to be critiqued and taken down and shut down. So I got her back. By the way, Heather and Taric both going to join us on the show coming up.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Yeah, okay, did not know we'd booked that.
Speaker 1: We did, ye yeah, so we'll talk about this. I'm going to talk to her about this, and I just I'm because I'm curious if she felt defensive about it, if she's like, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, or she.
Speaker 2: Was like she kind of I think she lets it roll off her back. But what I'm interested in is how much she's sharing of this stuff, Like, are there things that you that you don't share because you feel like this is you know, you just don't want to deal with it, or do you kind of keep sharing everything and just accept the criticism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well good for you. And by the way, if you can fly private, do it as someone who just left the airport. Hey, I wish I had had the private plane. I will take it all.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, we figured out a lot of wedding stuff here today.
Speaker 1: We did. I did. I learned a lot. Thank you guys for letting me have this podcast so I can find out what's going on with my wedding and with my fiance, who I love and adore.
Speaker 2: By the way, we're not doing invitations, and.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is there's another note. Okay, I'm just checking these things off as we go.
Speaker 2: You know, Estrala just said not to.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm just excited to marry you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I'm just a boy standing in front of a girl ready to marry her. That's a shout out to our writers. Nodding Hill.
Speaker 2: Yes, I actually one of the writers had that on the sign. She said, I'm just a girl standing in front of a studio asking them to pay her. There you go, There you go.
Speaker 1: One of the best written films of all time. That's the note we'll leave you on. Thanks everybody, Thank you for joining us. We will talk to you next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever, and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.