Speaker 1: I miss the green.
Speaker 2: For example, I'm already upset. When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset.
Speaker 1: And when I find my.
Speaker 3: Ball in a Frida Egg Friday Egg, the dreaded Friday Egg, Friday Friday Bride Egg.
Speaker 1: Lie, I'm about ready to.
Speaker 2: Run off of the course. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to another episode of the Frida Egg Podcast, back by popular demand. We've got Tron Carter and DJ Pyehowski was supposed to join, but I think something had to do with his Lee Westwood Mark Leishman that went south today. He just he's scared. He didn't didn't show up. So we're we're filling in with probably a better replacement, Neil Schuster of No Laying Up. Gentlemen, Welcome on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy to be here, you know, first time participant, longtime listener. Yeah, DJ didn't want to see his or didn't want to show his face today. Can't blame him, bad takes all the way around. Stinks, just can't can't can't prognosticate for me. So just wanted to pause and say we're coming to you live from one fifty Churchill here in Atlanta, the Big Theater lodge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big theater lodge. We call it the facility.
Speaker 3: And it's actually Tron Carter's birthday, so April eighth. I just want to say big shout to the big homie over here. Not a big birthday, Happy birthday, thank you.
Speaker 2: Tryn's getting another year older, another year wiser. You know, only better things to come from from trying.
Speaker 3: He said it two years ago. He said twenty seventeen was going to be his YadA year, the year of the takeover, and it would be It would be poetic if Sergio won in Tron Carter's YadA year.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to talk. It's like a picture pitching a perfect game. I don't even want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Like the guy, I'm not even gonna acknowledge the fact that Sergio is doing what he's doing. So Andy, can I kick it off here. I'd like to say I'm rooting for Sergio, but I'm having issues a little bit with his his body language.
Speaker 1: He looks real tight out there on the course.
Speaker 3: He's he's really being hard on himself coming down the stretch, projecting your own. He made some big putts stick to eight footers, but I was I was concerned with with he looked like he looked like.
Speaker 1: He was tight. I don't think he had his swing up on the stretch today. He was kind of he was kind of scraping with that or he was getting too steep on I don't know if he believes man ever really well though.
Speaker 2: It's it's interesting his round, Like I didn't think he putted well either. He kind of was like I didn't like how he was just like the ball was barely getting to the hole. You know, yeah, I know he was.
Speaker 1: There were some tentative putts in there. For sure.
Speaker 2: He was above the whole lot and that that's tough, you know, you can't.
Speaker 3: The one that stuck out to me was like I felt like when he on fifteen then on eighteen, like he would hit a kind of a mediocre shot and just you could tell immediately right off the club face from his reaction. But my point is the shot wasn't that bad, and his reaction immediately was, oh my god, my round's over.
Speaker 1: Like I thought that was in the creek, and it's like it's like he's expected the one was no. But I feel like to have that happen, it's almost like he's waiting for the other to shoot to drop. It's like a fatalistic Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like he's he's uh, he thinks he's gonna go down with the ship man. And I wish she would be a little bit more uh positive, be positive, you know. I mean, Andy, do you think he's gonna win tomorrow? I'm just gonna come right out and ask, what's your what's your pick?
Speaker 2: I just have this feeling Fowler is gonna win. I feel like I just he's putting well and he hasn't he kind of he's kind of been scraping and around.
Speaker 1: How low key was he this afternoon?
Speaker 3: Just like like from ten onwards or eleven onwards, he made so many putts, man like, just like it was like a master class in keeping it between the mannais and the mustard.
Speaker 2: You know. I here's something I want to talk about, is that is Jordan Spieth as a player versus Rory McElroy.
Speaker 3: Is this the time in the podcast when you just dump on Rory for five minutes?
Speaker 2: No? No, I just so I think like Rory has all these gifts, like Tea Green, He's probably the most gifted player with Dustin Johnson, But like he just like doesn't get it done. And I feel like every single round you could say, well, Rory's round could have been a couple shots better, you know, had he not missed the short putt. But then Speith is like the complete opposite guy where you're like, how the hell did he shoot sixty eight? Yeah, he like short sides himself.
Speaker 3: Somebody was somebody said something today about and forgive me if it was Fouldo, because that's like the first enlightening thing he said all week. But like somebody talked about Speeth sees like a third dimension to the golf course that nobody else that is very rare for a golfer to see where, like especially at Augusta National where like like so a couple a few years ago in his debut, like somebody was saying where they played with couples, yesterday played with couples yesterday said on Friday, said that, uh that like couples only missed in one bad spot all day, like on eighteen holes, he only had one miss where he was in a spot that he wouldn't want to miss in And like speak did.
Speaker 1: That three years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And all right, was it two years ago? Three years ago?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but but he he uh, I guess three years ago now, yeah, so he but like he doesn't he's got that that that sixth sense or that third dimension where he just knows. He's just got this intuitive feel of the golf course. I thought his post round comments today were extremely telling as well. He said some I mean some pretty outrageous ship after the round.
Speaker 1: Like what he said, Uh, he said, they can't speak proof this place.
Speaker 3: He said that, yeah, and then they asked him to he said to Dottie and then they asked him to sum up his round today in like one word, and he offered he said, like courageous, brave.
Speaker 1: It's like Jesus Man, like really, you know what, I really you know what? And I like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's his mental state right now. I was like, he's outwardly antagonistic to everybody because he's sick of being asked about about number twelve last year and number fifteen on you know the other day.
Speaker 1: It's like he's ready to roll, it's ready to put it in the rear view mirror. I like that.
Speaker 2: As great as his round was, justin Rose shoots a better round and gets like none of that press you know, is just you know, can do you think? Justin what do you how would you handicap the We'll say speed bowler, Garcia and Rose and percentages.
Speaker 3: Man, I think Rose is a cold butter killer. Percentages are tough and not good with numbers.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm more of a feel guy myself.
Speaker 3: But Rose coming down the stretch, what birdies at seventeen and eighteen and just cold blooded birdies right, just like fairways Greens making a twenty footer like no biggie with his smug ass, big face, his big sunglasses, and you know, I kind of I've.
Speaker 1: Grown to like the guy, you know, just because he's so smug. I don't want to like him. He's like he's like he's like an I six.
Speaker 4: Or something, you know, trying you should love him because he's a guy that has altered his career from you know, coming out he was an LPCP All Star and he said I need to hit the ball.
Speaker 2: Further and has added like forty yards to his driving this sense.
Speaker 3: And he figured out how to make his putting work. I know he came out he was I remember that with the British Open. He was like the young stud and then he like, look, he missed like thirty, he didn't get it done, and then he came back. He kind of backed into that that marry in one though, yea, so gifted that to him. But listen, I like, I mean, he's a stud, and you're right, Ricky's playing great man. I'm mooved for Sergio, moove for Sergio.
Speaker 1: I want to see him do it.
Speaker 3: I want to give a I want to give a shout out to Charlie Hoffman because yeah, he had like to the garbage man, like I've seen that. I have that swing that he made on sixteen. That was a pretty I know that swing that was that was like a non not as even remotely as bad as the swing I made in the Roast My Swing video, but like the last down and you just kind of hould one like he did the same thing there, just on a much tron is haunted by his roast My Swing. You can't tell it's been bothering him. No, that's what's out in the world. Doesn't swing in that outfit.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it was a bad week for that week, Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: No, it was a great week.
Speaker 3: Well, we had a tremendous week, but that was he didn't play well. No, I did play like shit, he didn't play well. I never play well today, So going back. Hoffman comes back after that and sinks two big ass putts after he got boned up on eighteen today too, Like that was he had a good He had a good approach into eighteen and got absolutely to Kambe matumboed Yeah, he said he did.
Speaker 1: They rolled back like thirty feet.
Speaker 2: He made only like one bad swing all day was that one on sixteen. It's like if he had made that swing on fourteen, he probably would have gotten up and down for a part. He just made like the worst swing he's made all week on a hole with water.
Speaker 3: And even on sixteen he made the he made the putt for double right, like he left a little bit short, then he made that like he made three big ass putts in the last three holes.
Speaker 1: Get ten feet.
Speaker 2: Who's that better chance to Ryan Moore or Charlie Hoffman. I think both of them are kind of gonna fly under the radar that And it's good that their parent each other. They're at four, they're only brought it for Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like Hoffman, I just don't think wars Putter is gonna hold up.
Speaker 2: Feel like he's a guy that could go out and shoot sixty six and win.
Speaker 1: He's such a grinder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just he's a he's a big game hunter is swinging.
Speaker 3: It's got like pulleys and levers in it and all sorts of machines. It's like he was like Pinocchio. It's like a it's like a puppet master's pulling strings and dropping is. I mean, it's crazy. And then but he just gets a he gets so steep on.
Speaker 2: It and he wiggles into it. You know, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a furic move, but a lot sexier. You know, it's like, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: Man? Like it's really impressive.
Speaker 3: And then they always it's like the thing they do on the telecast where they always say the same thing about like each players, like, yeah, he won the NCAA, you won the UAM Junior, you want everything, Like the guy was an absolute killer. Guys he's been on the like he's been on the tour for what ten or twelve years now, like find something new to say, and then tomorrow they're not like I love Seve one of my favorite players in the history of the game. But like Ian Baker Finch might just like like he might be not even not even calling the golf tomorrow, just talking about Sev Like they could put him in the corner, not even on a hole, and he would just bring up set incessantly on everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think the coverage, like I think they had like a problem where there were too many big names.
Speaker 1: I'm the leader for sure.
Speaker 2: They like didn't know what to do. They were like, oh God, They're like, who shot?
Speaker 3: How about let's start here, Eddie. Why don't we show more approach shots into thirteen? I think that's that's a great place to start. It's the coolest shot on the course.
Speaker 2: General, And they feel like they just need more.
Speaker 1: They don't show thirteen. They don't they don't have enough for And Dottie's Dottie on shouldn't talk. She just says like one thing and then like they go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: They go to like perfect example today drives me nuts, Dottie. They they they cut to they cut to eighteen after showing like eight guys hitting putts in a row and not even not even interesting putts or like you know, crucial putts, and they cut to thirteen. Green and rom rom Is putting for eagle from like twenty feet and Dottie says, Dotty says, like rom hit a remarkably beautiful shot into here. Yeah, just an absolute gem of a second shot. It's like, cool, thanks for showing us guys like you.
Speaker 2: Know what they You know what bugs me too is when they go to those interviews in Butler Cabin and they don't just go to like a small little corner, like I don't want to watch two people talk like.
Speaker 1: I'm put it in the side put.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to listen to them talk, but I want to see shots still, like I don't want to be taken away from all that's going on on the course.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, I'm glad you brought it. I'm glad you brought up the Butler cabin thing. It kind of pisses me off that those guys are wearing their hats in there. If you want to let them wear their hats, and I get that with the sponsors, make him do the interview outside of all places, Augusta National, like that was the one thing when you go over to Europe or you go take a nicer club, take your freaking hat off, stern but fair.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a hat off guy and indoors and you know club.
Speaker 3: Do you think of all places the masters like that that that's just it's it's just a weird look every time I see those guys inside in that wooden setting wearing a hat.
Speaker 1: Not good.
Speaker 2: So you guys played some golf today?
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we played up at the Currahea Club in Northeast Georgia by Tacoa. It was like right on the South Carolina border, famous by a band of brothers. That was HBO's coming out party way back in the day. You guys watched that show it did. That was a heavyweight heavyweight. I think we passed the military.
Speaker 1: I think we did.
Speaker 3: That was that was when Brody from Homeland was was Captain Winners.
Speaker 1: So that was the training camp there. Yeah, that was way back in the day.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's like a mountain course. It was a It was a Jim Fazzio. He doesn't as hard as Tom Basia. But they said, I don't even know that, So Andy, you would find this interesting. He uh, I guess like he hadn't visited the property yet and he'd reviewed all the maps and kind of done a routing like a preliminary routing, and then he got on property and saw this, like the site for what is now the seventeenth hole, this par three. Like I put a picture up on Instagram today and it's it's like this par three two hundred dard par three over a quarry and he like basically re routed.
Speaker 1: The entire course to make that. You know, when we.
Speaker 3: Slid golf hole, little waterfall on the side, it was cool, man.
Speaker 1: It was all carried. It's all carry.
Speaker 3: We played with the assistant pro and the superintendent today.
Speaker 1: They were awesome greens were the greens were so pure. It was just fun.
Speaker 3: Like I made I made four birdies, four doubles and a triple.
Speaker 2: Who who who won? The brother showedown.
Speaker 1: Tron kicks up to the curb. I had a tough day.
Speaker 3: Couldn't couldn't locate the the hands at the top spread driver, listen. I'm I caught a few good good balls today. I had a couple of housele rockets, which wasn't good. It's a tough course to go out and play.
Speaker 1: It's a mountain course.
Speaker 3: I struggle with mountain courses because I get a lot of funky lies and I'm already I'm not very dialed in with my irons to begin with, because I'm not playing a lot of golf right now. So you start throwing me on uphill downhill stances, and I who knows where the ball's going? Who knows how far it's going. I mean we played with the superintendent. Without him, I would have shot probably one hundred. I mean there were so many blind t shots. I didn't really like some of the t shots. A lot of blind bunkers. There was one hole number number five, it was like a down hill and then upfill par five. That That was the one where I was like, man, there's no excuse to have a shitty hole out here because it's such a cart course and there's so much space in between a lot of the holes where it's like, all right, you guys could have.
Speaker 1: You could have moved.
Speaker 3: You've got enough wiggle room here to to fit a good hole in wherever. But the par three's were exceptional.
Speaker 1: There are two great par fours on the front. Yeah, good water like good water hazards. Yeah, it's a nice course. Cool, It was really fun.
Speaker 3: You know, mountain golf is a different style of golf, and the elevation stuff adds a big variable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you don't even.
Speaker 3: Really expect it kind of sneaks up on your Like, man, this is a lot of like why am I not hitting the ball good? And I started thinking about I really haven't felt comfortable over it all day. My depth perception was way off. But in the first hole Neil Neil hit one three ninety five and granted it's like way downhill, but it was when we teed off at nine this morning, it was pretty no wind whatsoever.
Speaker 1: It was tasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you guys had shot Tracker, everybody on Twitter it would be tweeting about how far you hit it, and you know.
Speaker 1: It be like rip on the first couple of holes. Yeah, it was serious.
Speaker 3: These guys were playing with the pro thought where he was going to be in for a laser show. I was like, yeah, buddy. And then and the next hole, I hit like Elozel into the lake, I mean iron like he like Tany Harris. It's like whoa like in the middle of the little costume. And then I and then I had to go drop one and carry like one hundred and ten yards on the next shot, I was like, fuck.
Speaker 1: Man, and but I did. I had to agree.
Speaker 3: I hit a three point of the first hole for par I missed like a almost he almost had a birdie or a whole one. Yeah, closet two inches right from I lift it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was close, man like.
Speaker 3: Off this ridge and it started coming back and then you could see that like they had they'd stand to the greens maybe three or four weeks ago.
Speaker 1: See there's still.
Speaker 3: Slight kind of sand line in the greens and you can see the path of the ball and it was like it burned the lip.
Speaker 1: Ah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was probably it was probably like two inches from going in, just because it would have had to have hit it dead on. But final verdict, I'd say Carey Club definitely worth worth the drive, worth the time.
Speaker 1: But not of course you can do.
Speaker 3: It's like we played a little bit earlier in this season too, Yeah we did. But views were great and the course is in awesome shape. It's just mountain golf sometimes can throw you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so Andy, I think we should do something where for the mid Am this year because this, honestly, this course would be spectacular in the fall.
Speaker 1: So Midam, you know, either.
Speaker 3: You qualify for it or if you don't qualify, we put something together, come down and watch the Midham golf and we go up to the Curate Heat for.
Speaker 1: A day and then we go up to Sweden's for a day.
Speaker 2: I gotta go to Sweetened. I want to do Lookout Mountain too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually like like like Lookout Mountain in the morning and then Sweedens all afternoon one day or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's uh Sweetens. I gotta get too though again. But uh let's get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a question.
Speaker 3: I mean, Phil got dropped from coverage early today. That was that was war into that, I know, but I feel I just I was I'd say that's been my biggest disappointment so far as it. Phil just didn't charge today with with speed. There was so much potential in that pairing for like just fireworks everywhere and then speech.
Speaker 1: Just leaves me in the dust.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was that was like and he looked fat and his white you know, it just was like a bad day all around for.
Speaker 1: Was like abusing the elderly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just uh, I don't think Phil can pull together for four rounds anymore.
Speaker 3: So he's like Westwood then, so he's like.
Speaker 2: Westwood, Westwood, Westwood is I mean, I don't know Westwood did. I feel like Westwood contends more majors now than Phil has to.
Speaker 3: See, I don't know if I could buy that, like he won. I feel like Phil's more competitive than Westwood last year.
Speaker 1: I mean Westwood like he he's he's very competitive in majors. He had every chance to win that last year.
Speaker 2: He finished second last year in the Masters, and then he was in the final group at the US Open.
Speaker 1: Yeah until yeah, until.
Speaker 2: That's did Phil even make the cut last year?
Speaker 3: Andy, I'm on your side here, all right, So I'm just sad about it, that's all.
Speaker 1: Well. So I think that.
Speaker 3: That comes down also to I think people just underestimate. But when the courses this hard, they set like you know, I mean, the pins were not in easy spots today, like they were up on a lot of little ridges and stuff. When the when the course is set up like that, it's really taxing mentally. It looks like those guys were exhausted coming off eighteen today mentally.
Speaker 2: Especially coupled with all the wind from the first two days. The wind is what is that just drives you nuts. It's so hard to hit good shots in the wind, and.
Speaker 3: Going back, I want to ask you about this because I think you'll have an interesting take on it. There's been a lot of chatter and yeah, this is a topic of conversation during the Florida Swing and then and then, like amongst the Brits a couple weeks ago and it was over. There was ror Rory's relationship with JP is caddy and there seems to be a growing sentiment amongst the twitter addie that that JP is costing him at least one or two shots around just with miss clubs. And I mean people say, like a lot of people, I mean, caddie's a little da and all this, and like I've never really wanted to buy too much into it. Rory knows his game and you know, he's been with the guy for forever. But like there's a bunch of people that say, like if Rory had a professional caddy or somebody that they deem a professional caddy on his bag, like he would be so much more effective as far as piecing together around when his game isn't.
Speaker 1: What's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there's the caddy player relationship is such an interesting thing, like you can have and it's a very delicate situation. I mean, I think people have exact same take with Dustin Johnson a year ago today. You know, you know you got rid of his brother us and he'd be so well, like who's saying that now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, also going back to DJ, like I think people with DJ don't understand that, Like DJ doesn't want somebody to club him, like he's a first instinct. He commits right off the bat, and like, don't try to talk him off of a shot after he's already decided his head.
Speaker 2: So much of caddying and being a good caddy is knowing what to say and when to say.
Speaker 3: And or it's almost knowing what not to say, yeah exactly, not to say exactly.
Speaker 2: It's understanding like how to interact with your player and get the best out. So like when it comes like Rory, it says on the player as much as the caddy when it comes to picking clubs. You know, I do notice that Rory does like just airmail greens more than seemingly more than any other player in golf.
Speaker 1: Effect of him being.
Speaker 3: That much more I don't want to say explosive, but like that just having that much more pom, yeah, having pop.
Speaker 2: So I always think that the best ball strikers, So like, if you watch Sergio all day tomorrow, like he very rarely misses numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like which is interesting too because you would think Sergio would have I mean, I guess because he plays that cut, he probably has a little bit better distance.
Speaker 2: But watch Sergio, watch Adam Scott, watch I mean Justin Rose. Like the best ball strikers in the world are the best at distance control, because like, you know, how many times do you hit shots on the golf course where you think it's right next to the flag and it's either ten feet or ten yards shorter long and then you're you're like, wow, that's way further. And then how many do you hit one fifteen feet left and you're like, oh, I'm not that close and you get up to it and you're like, whoa, I'm really close.
Speaker 1: Yeah what uh? What's out of Scott?
Speaker 2: At speaking in he's three, so so listen.
Speaker 1: He's impressed with him today. He made some he made a lot of putts.
Speaker 2: The the pairings tomorrow are kind of it's kind of crazy. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it, but like let you run down the pairings here real quick, from the final group down you've got Rose Garcia, Fowler, Speef More, Hoffman, Scott, Charles schwartzel So two defending or two two pass champions. Then you go Westwood Peters Like that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: Bomb threats everywhere, I mean, and a lot of comfortable pairings, like dudes are playing with their friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be help really, like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, relatively right for scoring.
Speaker 3: I also want to go back and say, listen, you know JP, maybe miss club and Rory, but nobody looks better in aviators than that guy.
Speaker 1: It's true. I mean, really can't take that away from you, can't.
Speaker 3: I mean, he rocks aviators on the rag and he looks like an absolute assassin.
Speaker 2: JP's got a good gig, man, he does. Everybody is getting at you about JP needing to get fired because everybody wants JP's gig.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, yeah, I mean trying to the spot people that.
Speaker 3: Have no no, no dog in the fight.
Speaker 2: All right, So what do you guys think is the furthest back? Do you think guys that even could could have could win if they shot like a just a ridiculous round could win Rory? Is that even?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Man, I think that these guys I think Rory's gonna go out and he's gonna like no, I think because I think that of all these guys, one of these six in the final three groups is gonna shoot sixty eight or sixty nine.
Speaker 1: There's too many guys.
Speaker 3: Like someone's gonna go low enough to get out, you know, above, like a seven under, you know, and like you can't get to seven from even somebody, well somebody that even yeah, like somebody would have to go out and shoot sixty two, sixty two or sixty three.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, today's low score was sixty seven. I got. I got a feeling we're looking at eight or nine under as the winner tomorrow. I don't know, though it could it could go to ten too, but.
Speaker 1: I think I think, yeah, I think eight's a playoff. Nine's out right, it's uh.
Speaker 2: I think that there's a serious playoff can possibility tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It'd be sweet love it?
Speaker 2: What's it? What's your worst case outcome? Here?
Speaker 3: Tron, you said it before dinner, he said, Justin Rose wins. I just I don't like I feel so bad disliking Justin Rose, but he is just the lightiest fastard on the planet.
Speaker 1: Like everybody's like, Oh, he's the nicest guy in the world. I know that. I know that Queen's English sunglasses, and it just offends my sense of I feel like, you don't like dodgy stodgy guy.
Speaker 2: You don't like hot Charle either, thought.
Speaker 1: Charles just I like Charles. That guy beats the ball up.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm a big hot Charle fan too.
Speaker 3: A great nickname. By the way, I haven't heard that's the first time i've heard that. It's special.
Speaker 2: I think he's got he's got a good shot.
Speaker 1: Eighth grade, eighth grade, Neil would love that. The hot Charles.
Speaker 3: I mean, all right, so you were shooting on on Sergio's body language speaking.
Speaker 1: Sergio made those.
Speaker 3: Big potts there and then you know he he gave it an I fist pump on a I know, okay, but coming up like he hit swing sixteen, he was just like he just feels like I can't do it. Like it's almost like he could see he's like waiting for himself to mess it up, and he didn't, And I'm happy he didn't. I just want to see him like embrace the moment again, like, dude, go out and graduate. What happened to Rom today? Like, I feel like the Thumb any of his shots after thirteen, Well, he's at even the three?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you talking about the thumb? Randy's uh yeah, maybe the best nickname I've I've heard in a while.
Speaker 1: Who's the McRib playing with tomorrow?
Speaker 2: He's got a day two with with Coach.
Speaker 3: Because that's why they're both shooting even par because they're evening the pop out like they both of them seventy one today.
Speaker 2: Tron, Who's happen in day two? You you predicted an evaporation yesterday?
Speaker 1: A vaporis istion vapor? I think.
Speaker 3: I think the mcribs gonna if we're playing a NASA, the mcribs gonna just eviscerate him on the front nine and then Kosh will probably come back and.
Speaker 2: Lay up on thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So talking about thirteen and fifteen, I feel like CBS just completely loses the plot when there's like the leaders are playing eight and nine and some of the guys in contention start hitting twelve and thirteen like they have no clue how to juggle the two. At first, we don't see any t shots whatsoever on thirteen. We don't see approaches into thirteen. We don't see a lot of the approaches into fifteen either.
Speaker 2: I feel like the problem though.
Speaker 1: Bad camera suck on the ball, they need.
Speaker 2: To get shot. There's no shot tracer.
Speaker 1: Well that well, that's the masters are there, that's Augusta.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I guess you said, don't don't give us that technology.
Speaker 1: We don't want that. Get that, Get that out of here.
Speaker 2: The other issue, like is I just think that there's too many guys in the thick of.
Speaker 3: It for that, you know, But that wouldn't like on an NBC broadcast, that wouldn't be a problem because they'd be they would be showing rapid fire golf, whereas CBS they spends twenty seconds setting up every shot and then they they insist on showing every putt that everybody in contention is hitting, when really I would much rather see the shots that set those putts up and then show me the putts and rapid fire sequence.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean.
Speaker 3: Literally today, it was like every other sentence out out of the commentator's mouths were this this just a moment ago, you know, this this just just.
Speaker 1: A few seconds ago. Like it was.
Speaker 3: It was so over the top as far as you know, I get that they're trying to be credible and saying what's live and what's not, but knowing like looking at it on the app and everything, almost nothing that they're showing is live. So don't even don't even bother telling us what was a minute ago and what wasn't, just to show it all as live as possible.
Speaker 2: I feel like they need to have like almost like I don't know what the solution. They need to have more screens going or more channels, like you know, like with the with the apps, it helps a lot, but it's so it's just so hard. I don't I don't know if there's anything they can do. There's too much golf.
Speaker 3: No, you know what the solution is, it's yeah, it's doing something like you know when when when like NBC is not afraid to do a split screen, they're not afraid to do a picture and picture.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: What you need to do is have the regular they're broadcast, and then for people who are die hard fans, you need to hire the guy that does Red Zone for NFL and do like a red Zone Master's telecast or a red Zone Saturday Sunday telecast where it's just rapid fire.
Speaker 1: He's switching between everything.
Speaker 3: It's one guy and they're just showing a ton of golf shots boom boom, boom, boom boom, instead of instead of trying to spoon feed everything to everybody and set up a narrative.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the end of the day. They're just trying to set up those narratives. They CBS loves their narratives.
Speaker 1: No, they're obsessed.
Speaker 2: So it's I mean, it's just it's it's tricky, man, It's I don't know if there's any any good. So I think it's such a difference when Spee's running away or it's two guys versus this year, where there's you know, ten guys to keep track of. Who are you disappointed in today? Outside of Phil.
Speaker 3: Well said, I was a little bit disappointed in Rory just I mean, I guess he was getting pissed on the street.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who I was disappointed. Thomas Peters.
Speaker 3: I thought he was gonna charge a little bit and then he started getting you know, down on himself on eight to nine and they dropped him from coverage.
Speaker 1: I thought he was gonna step up a little bit, and he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my boy, what about you?
Speaker 1: I like him. I like him him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I felt like he just he caught a lot of edges today. He just didn't. He never got any positive mo going, you know, so much.
Speaker 3: He hit some good putts that just didn't go in, missed on the high side.
Speaker 2: He had that three put on eleven from like three feet that just killed him. But you know, I, I I think, uh Rory is just he's just uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's so frustrated.
Speaker 2: He had that he hit it tight on eleven, you know, and he had that four or five Twitter for Birdie there and I was like, all right, this is where he gets going, because you know, you Bertie eleven, all of a sudden, you turn, you're picking up a shot in a half instead of just a shot. And he misses that, and then you know he doesn't He didn't make Bertie on fifteen. He hit the drive and drives in fairway on on thirteen and fifteen didn't make Bertie.
Speaker 1: You know, he was like thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then on fifteen he had an unreal chip up to four feet and missed the pott. It's just, you know, it's such an interesting thing to look at. You know, everybody says putting doesn't matter and like, you know this era, but like I can't think of a better tale of two players than Jordan Speith and Rory McElroy and how you know, especially at a so where I think that's where putting is kind of it matters with those four to eight foot.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like you know what, everything matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I feel like both sides are kind of overplayed.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know what, you got to do everything well.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was interesting today speed Speet almost hit in the water and eleven, which I was like, damn, Like that was not that was a I mean he had to have pulled that ten fifteen yards left to even be flirting with that water.
Speaker 2: It's uh, you know this he's but that's the thing. He made it. He aimed where he needed to. If he hit a terrible shot, he's still safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was the one shot that he hit today where he shouldn't. He was on the borderline of not being safe. He was almost in the water there.
Speaker 2: He you know, he didn't finish outs as much love as every but it was given it. He didn't finish that round out. You know, he had the three put on sixteen he he had. I thought for a second, I was like, he's gonna get to six.
Speaker 3: Well everybody was like fully erect after his wedge into into fifteen, and they should have been yeah, but then yeah, but then after that it was kind of whatever.
Speaker 1: That was stimulating, So how about how about uh? How about like CBS didn't even show Rose.
Speaker 3: Until like fourteen or fifteen, Like, I don't think we saw Rose.
Speaker 2: I was thinking the same thing, and then I was I was looking at his round. He birdied five of his last seven, like.
Speaker 1: I would have no idea, So he didn't look at his scorecard.
Speaker 2: He was just like puttson around. He was like right around par and then he just went on this crazy run at the end.
Speaker 3: So I just feel like they had to they had to make a decision, like do we show Rose or Adam Scott? Yeah, because I feel like we saw a ton of Adam Scott Potts today.
Speaker 1: Relatively like the.
Speaker 3: Kind of the middle of the round, and then at the end of they were like, oh, ship, we chose the wrong guy, like and they and they scrambled to show a ton of Justin Roses.
Speaker 1: Shots down the stretch. Ye shots yeah, yeah, puts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's the big takeaway is just they they just love showing.
Speaker 2: The So what do you I want to dive into, uh, dive into some matchups here we'll we'll get some rapid fire, get some get some predictions out of you guys. You know that it sets up well. So you guys have are you you're both on team Sergio for the win?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, yes, I got so in order of confidence, I'm gonna say Sergio. I'm gonna say Sergio rictator speed. I find myself, like you know, you gotta gotta test yourself sometimes where you just like gut Field and some one was putting like do you want to see that ball go in?
Speaker 1: And you can't, Like I'm with Ricky. I want to see it go in, like I'm rooting for him, you know, like I want to see Ricky or Sergia win. I have those are my top two. I have a quick I have a quick Ricky take. I forgot to say this earlier. If I have to hear one more time.
Speaker 3: That he showed up two and a half hours before his tea time to watch the Arnie Tribute on Thursday, like that's fair, Like how how early do these guys show up?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Two hours?
Speaker 3: They must of them show up two hours for so he showed up half an hour earlier than he normally would have and walked out to the first tea, sat there for ten maybe fifteen minutes, watched it like I'm not, I'm not. This is not a slight at Ricky. It's a slight. It like Jim nance for pimping it every opportunity that he gets, Like, let's not lionize the guy for.
Speaker 1: Doing yes something.
Speaker 2: A lot of those guys there early and they go get there, they go there's like you know, they have like.
Speaker 3: Mobile trail, they've got gear, Like why wouldn't you show up early?
Speaker 2: They've got mobile.
Speaker 3: It's an absolute like cornucopia of pampering yourself at these tournaments. I can only imagine that it's even better at Augusta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out there for.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm tired of It's just like like when Ricky played at bay Hill a couple of weeks ago. Good on Ricky for playing at bay Hill, but like for for them to just dap him up like crazy for having Arnold Palmer themed shoes on that Kuma designed and just gave to him to wear. Like I get it, Like Ricky's a good guy. I think he's probably the closest approximation to Arnold, you know, probably like Phil and Ricky are the two closest approximations stood like Arnie as far as interacting with the fans and getting it in that regard.
Speaker 1: But like let's not like, let's not go overboard with it either.
Speaker 2: Well I think I think Ricky uh is also like the most marketing conscious player out there, oh for sure. So like they like the fact calculated, Yeah, the fact like four years ago he was getting paid like thirty million dollars and marketing deals a year or thirty million dollars in marketing year is a deal. Like he he gets how to portray himself to the public to maximize his earnings off the course, and like that is a move. Like I'm not trying to say that this is like a business move, but these all these moves are excellent moves at you know, hyping your public appeal which ups your marketing dollars.
Speaker 3: I think with Ricky he's genuinely he genuinely cares there's like they're you know, it's it's not it's not fake. But by the same level, he's being guided in the right directions, they're making it easy for him to make these decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's you know, it's understanding that you do these things. Like I think, like the perfect example is that is how Bubba constantly does the wrong thing, and a guy like Grayson Murray young in his career constantly seems to do the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but would we talk would we be talking about Grayson Murray if he was doing the right thing. No, No, So that's a calculated we were doing the wrong thing, you know. So my phone's gonna go dead here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Hey, well.
Speaker 1: A couple of props.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you got?
Speaker 1: Ron Peters, I'm gonna go ro I go Peters.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna go with the thumb.
Speaker 1: I can't put my finger on it.
Speaker 2: Casey her west Wood, Oh, Casey west Wood, I got ride. I gotta ride my boy with your boy. I gotta I gotta find another bet to make with DJ tomorrow. Now that I am playing with House money.
Speaker 1: House, you can you can carry this?
Speaker 3: Why I feel like case is a pretty good final round player though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he like I feel like he's a guy that could go out and shoot sixty six and you know, just be going back.
Speaker 3: To your question about who I'm most disappointed at. I'm most disappointed in Leashman. I had really really high hopes for him.
Speaker 2: That he got absolutely he got absolutely ejected on fifteen did you.
Speaker 1: See my teat viscerated.
Speaker 2: His balld This guy he chipped it into the water from like the pin high. But yeah, and then we'll do uh, we'll do one here. Uh, your boy jj Day against he's got some oh justin Thomas, that's a pairing early pairing.
Speaker 1: Oh is that a pairing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, spicy, Uh that should be a laser show versus solid JT.
Speaker 3: Just because I think I think, I think jj DA is going to be a little bit exhausted Hills Jason Day because there'll be nobody watching, no pressure on so I'll just go out and ball. I think he's gonna have it's he's got no pressure on him right now.
Speaker 2: All right, Tront and Neil's phone died, So that's it. Enjoy your Sunday masters, and we'll be back soon. Thanks.