Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Joe Kaddy Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: Jetty and he.
Speaker 4: Armsdrong who live from studios scene see signor Hey, dimple that room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong.
Speaker 5: You get a communications compound.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 5: Naive book. Dad, I'm pronouncing that. Sorry if I mispronounced your name name.
Speaker 1: He's the president of Al Salvador, who is in the office with the President the other Day's an interesting figure. I think will be hearing more from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was happening while we were on the air yesterday, and we got some of the clips today where he says he's he doesn't have the power to go get that guy we accidentally sent to that horrifying prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring him back. Yeah, where this ends? Nobody knows that we don't need a constitutional crisis, but yeah, he's saying I can't. I don't have the authority to shove him into the United States. And Trump's saying, we don't have the authority to go into that prison.
Speaker 3: And was that guy just trying to cozy up to Trump. Was he just trying to Oh? Yeah, he knows that Trump wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a a burgeoning, great relationship with the most powerful leader on earth, most powerful and richest country, you know, for all intents and purposes on Earth.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he's playing his cards right.
Speaker 1: And he and Trump are of the same cut from similar cloth in their ideas about defeating leftism in their countries and the damage it's done.
Speaker 5: How do I is it listenable?
Speaker 1: Uh? It's it's improved since your first sentence. Okay, that's good, I says as of now. Yeah, you're obviously a man who's ailing a bit.
Speaker 5: But fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, sometimes you sound bad, but you feel okay, that's not the case here.
Speaker 5: Oh sound bad? Finna die? Wow?
Speaker 1: Is that urban hipster talk for feeling like you're gonna die? I don't know, I speak English.
Speaker 3: Uh, you don't have anyone around you, says Finna. A Ma, Finna go downtown. I'm finna eat this sandwich. It's going to Katie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's I'm fitting to insert here, and they just changed it to Finna.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But because everybody's so busy in the twenty first century, actually, enunciating words, is inconvenient?
Speaker 3: Yes, my son says, Finna hang out with my friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure I had annoying hipster slang back in the day as well.
Speaker 5: In fact, I know I did, so I don't judge. I'm just amused.
Speaker 3: So Finna die is mine. I we went to the doctor. I don't have strep throat, so that's good whatever strep throat is.
Speaker 5: But have wheezy lungs. The doctor said, that's not good.
Speaker 1: A man of your years should not have wheezy lungs, a man.
Speaker 3: Of my years. You know what was the most interesting thing about my doctor's appointment? Speaking of getting older, I've had my I met my doctor at a backyard party for med students many many, many years ago. Then he finished medical school and he became my doctor, like right away, as soon as he started his doctoring, as like a whatever you are when you become a doctor, what are you at twenty six or something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know that sounds right.
Speaker 3: Yesterday his daughter treated me, how is that for a slap in the face with how you're aging here?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: I knew him when he was a young man starting out as a doctor.
Speaker 5: He's an older man with children.
Speaker 3: Who have grown up gone to school and medical school and become doctors.
Speaker 1: This is how it is. It feels apparently. Yeah, I don't like it. By the way, Michael, when I'm an old fat bluesman touring the country.
Speaker 5: You know what my stage name is going to be. What's it going to be? Wheezy lungs? Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for wheezy lungs. Oh? How how I lost by woman? Manish woman I ever saw? Did you ask about pneumonia? I didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's a doctor. I would imagine that, you know, popped into her head. Was she a doctor like doctor Jill or like finished school in Virginia at the University of Virginia.
Speaker 5: That's the kind you want.
Speaker 6: So yes, both of my parents were very sick, sounded exactly like you, with the same symptoms, and they went to the doctor multiple times, thought pneumonia, bronkitus, and it ended up being like this upper respiratory infection, which is no good. So I would go back and maybe say, hey.
Speaker 5: And what say listen here, doc.
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe they can give you something for it.
Speaker 1: Second opinion, Yeah, third doc, I've.
Speaker 3: Never actually gotten a second opinion. It's something people throw around all the time, but it's a lot easier said than done. Yeah. Yeah, there's a lot of time and paperwork and follow and.
Speaker 5: The pay for it.
Speaker 3: Your insurance company says, uh, what are you doing exactly here?
Speaker 5: Oh? Interesting? Yeah? What was I gonna say?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are so many different diseases going around the country right now, and a lot of classrooms are struggling to keep the kids in school and everything. I have something important this weekend, so I'm pretending I'm not sick. I'm pretending it's going to go away. I got something important this weekend, so can't can be sick. Yeah exactly, you go as my Yeah, as my dad says. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. Wall Street Journal aides push Trump to adopt tougher approach with Moscow. I'm really into this article. Rubio and one of his other negotiating dudes, Kellogg, are really pushing Trump. Hey, Putin is not interested in this whole ceasefire thing that you're talking about. It's showing no interest whatsoever. So we got to come up with something right. So far, their boss is not biting.
Speaker 1: It's interesting We've been discussing, as have you know, quite a few people, how Trump is doing so many things so quickly and impactfully.
Speaker 5: Many of them great, Some of them.
Speaker 1: Seem a little haphazardy to me, but we can talk about that more later. But we've been talking about it from the perspective of the Democrats.
Speaker 5: They don't know what to yell about.
Speaker 1: They don't know what to like be their rallying cry, because it's something new every day, and the courts are busy and the media is nowhere focused. Well, it just occurred to me as you were talking. Somebody probably had to say, mister president, mister president, you remember the whole Russia Ukraine thing.
Speaker 5: We're going for a peace deal there.
Speaker 1: Putin's been ignoring it, and Trump having been dealing with tariffs and trade and and the courts and whatever. Probably, oh, that's right, the Russia thing, the Russian thing, right, right right, and has to be brought back up to speed because it's as crazy and busy for.
Speaker 5: Him as it is for all the other folks you mentioned. It's got to be true.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I've read this sort of thing about presidencies. I mean, there are things you're into, things you have to deal with that you're not into And I don't think he's super into fixing the hole Ukraine Russia thing.
Speaker 5: It's not top of mind.
Speaker 3: He is really into, obviously the toll tariff thing and maybe yelling at Rosy O'Donnell.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so that makes sense. I'll bet that is absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Rosie O'Donnell. Who is in love with Lyle Menendez?
Speaker 5: By the way, what one of the Menettaz brothers.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, more on that live team coverage coming up, stay with us?
Speaker 5: Wow? Yeah, okay, freaking out as that.
Speaker 1: First of all, she doesn't play for the team Hetero, but she, she says, Lyle is the first straight man she feels like she could love and trust.
Speaker 5: No, yes, what does that mean? Love and trust?
Speaker 3: In a he murdered his parents in cold bloods and then lied about it sort of.
Speaker 1: Way they were mean to him or something. I don't know. You'd have to ask her. Oh my god, I know, I am. I actually have more details on that. We talked about it yesterday during the podcast when you were at the doctor. But yeah, it's it's these are strange times, friends. Where were we we were talking about something significant?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: What Trump is? Into and what he's not into.
Speaker 1: Here, here's where I piss everybody off, great Trump and non Trump, you know, anti trumpists and and pro trumpers. He's absolutely correct about all of the conflicts and crap that started under Joe Biden because Joe Biden was weak and senile and his foreign policy was show lots and lots of weakness, then people will be nice. Mostly. He's absolutely right about that, and he needs to stop referencing it. When he talking about the Russia Ukraine thing yesterday, was it? He came out with another, Well, I'll tell you this never would have happened under me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we all get that. Get that you got elected? Now what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's the he's blamed Zelenski. Now he's blaming Biden. He is so hesitant to blame Putin, as everybody knows. And I don't know if that turn is gonna come or if in his mind it's like, okay, once.
Speaker 5: We get there, we're there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be you know, b to the w if you will in terms of going after.
Speaker 1: Putin, right, right, And I completely understand the desire for a better relationship with Russia. I mean, if you can have like a semi frenemy relationship. That's better than constant conflict and angst and blood letting.
Speaker 5: Its absolutely true.
Speaker 1: But maybe it's just a getting back to the span of years and having a little perspective. I'm just getting so tired of American presidents and or their secretaries of state going hat in hand to the.
Speaker 5: Kremlin and saying can we be friends?
Speaker 1: From George W. Bush saying he looked into Putin's eyes and he can see hez a good man, and just Barack Obama and the reset button and just oh, can we stop with that?
Speaker 5: It's embarrassing. It is embarrassing. That's my point. So we've got it. Hey, we're the greatest superpower on earth.
Speaker 3: Come on more on that later. From the Wall Street Journal reporting, which I found interesting. But we got a very long opening clip. Do you think this needs any setup?
Speaker 5: No? No, I do not think it does.
Speaker 1: I think it may be the perfect clip to describe our times. This clip is our times. Jack, Okay, we'll start the show officially.
Speaker 8: Then.
Speaker 3: I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getti on the This is Tuesday. It is April fifteenth, Tax Day. We'll be talking about taxes a little bit later. The year twenty twenty five. We are I'm strong in getting we approve of this program all.
Speaker 1: Right, presuming Trump hasn't dismantled the FCC, which would be fine. Heap into action according to f C see rules and regulations. Here we go at Mark, what.
Speaker 5: Mashed potatoes on the side of my car? Here? Did you? Or didn't you?
Speaker 3: Because I've got cameras up there facing you.
Speaker 2: Get off? Yes, in the driveway now I'm not only this is the middle.
Speaker 6: You are get off my parking area.
Speaker 5: Listen, did you throw trans food on the side of my test? Now? Why did you throw fast food on the side of my test? You threw mashed potatoes on my car? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 6: You sit here, you drive in, you drive out.
Speaker 2: You have jump cars. You drive in and you drive out.
Speaker 5: That's why people do then their driveways.
Speaker 1: You more.
Speaker 5: Love got it? I've heard that ten times. It's still funny. You can't enjoy it the more every time I hear it.
Speaker 3: When she says you drive in and out of the driveway, that's when he loses it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's what a driveway is. Drive moron. He goes full live Larry David on it yes.
Speaker 1: Oh, and meanwhile, you have the dynamic of a perfectly reasonable guy saying.
Speaker 5: Did you throw mashed potatoes on the side of my tesla?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're prodressmatic.
Speaker 3: Get off by side of the driveway.
Speaker 1: The irrational, lunatic lefty wielding well mashed potatoes in this case, committing an active political well waste of food, if not violence, utterly unhinged, interrrational, unable to articulate even the simplest defense of her actions, but instead screeches like a lunatic, and then he goes full Larry David on it.
Speaker 5: It's just you have jet cars drive out.
Speaker 3: That's why people go in their driveways.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm telling you, it just gets better. Okay.
Speaker 3: I got something I came across the other day that I thought was sedang good from one of the best I think reasonable people about taxes in America. Top ten tax myths on tax Day. What we can get to it's really really good. We've got Katie's headlines on the way. Our text line is four one, five, two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 5: It was the back of a day yesterday. We got two clips.
Speaker 3: They're almost certainly going to be in the top ten four clips of the Year yesterday, the one you just heard about.
Speaker 5: You drive in, you drive outs, you moron. That's what a driveway is. It might be the clip of all time. I don't know. You drive in, you drive out. You have jump cars all You drive in.
Speaker 2: And you drive out.
Speaker 5: That's what people do in their driveways.
Speaker 7: You moron.
Speaker 3: So what are you calling the female astronauts, Katie?
Speaker 6: I still from Joe from yesterday, but chickstronauts, the chickstronauts.
Speaker 3: If you haven't heard Gail King talking about Katy Perry and all that, we'll play that for you.
Speaker 5: Coming up next segment.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie.
Speaker 5: Starting with Fox News. Judge blocks Trump from.
Speaker 6: Revoking legal status for five hundred and thirty thousand migrants who flew into US via Biden program.
Speaker 5: All right, can we sort this out? Please?
Speaker 6: From CNN, Trump calls G's tour of Southeast Asia a chance to.
Speaker 5: Quote screw with the United States.
Speaker 3: Oh, every single thing President she and China does is to screw with the United States.
Speaker 1: That's like their national job right, And to elevate themselves. Yeah, and I think to some extent, Trump's given them an opportunity to do that.
Speaker 5: But you know, more on that to.
Speaker 2: Come from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 6: Bank of America's profit climbs with consumer spending resilient. They reported a higher profit for the first quarter, reflecting a resilient United States economy.
Speaker 5: I hope that's true. From NBC.
Speaker 6: Biden to give first major public speech as a former president.
Speaker 5: That's right. Biden's speaking today.
Speaker 3: Man, They're gonna pump him full of whatever drugs to try to make him Nolan.
Speaker 5: I'm guaranteed it'll be midday, right. Yeah. Back to that economic thing. The only time is functional. I don't know if any.
Speaker 3: Economic statistics mean anything that we're taken.
Speaker 5: Prior to the holtair for.
Speaker 6: From the New York Times, Vance drops Ohio States Championship trophy during White House celebration.
Speaker 1: Major misstep by the vice president could harm his chances in twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Back to you, Katie.
Speaker 6: Jeez from the New York Post. I love my dog more than my spouse. I spoiled my pup with parties and trips to Paris, and my husband is just lucky to be there.
Speaker 3: I know number of people who feel like their wives like their dog better than them.
Speaker 1: Here dog could not give a sack of what you just cleaned up about being in Paris, Unianity.
Speaker 6: From the Daily Mail, World's first sperm race to take place before a live audience of more than one thousand spectators next.
Speaker 1: Week, having gone to the Masters, I'm probably good for major sporting events for a while, but that sounds exciting.
Speaker 6: They're off happening in la And finally from the Babylon b terrified Luigi Mangione files restraining order against Taylor Lorenz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we talked about that late in the show yesterday, the sick twisted Taylor Lorenz and this hack idiot journalist pitching the idea that yeah, really the only political violence is from the right these days. And it's day and we're all very afraid, just just so stupid is see.
Speaker 5: An instill on it's tax Day.
Speaker 3: I have the top ten tax smiths to get to start it on, going to sprinkle him out throughout the show. Really good stuff stuff, we should all know it. It's very helpful and a hilarious clip from one of the Chickstronauts yesterday.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned Armstrong and Geddy the Star stood.
Speaker 7: An all female Blue Origin flight grew, including Katie Perry and Gail King, lasting off headed to the edge of space over crying at liftoff, what we are not.
Speaker 5: A serious country? We are not?
Speaker 3: Why are you using your serious voice like this just wants some sort of pr stunt to grab attention, like is something major happened?
Speaker 1: The only reason to really pay attention to David Muir is that he's such a terrific parody of himself.
Speaker 3: Hard to imagine why the ratings have gone down so much for Network News when they're bringing is stuff like that in serious tones.
Speaker 5: Oprah cries it lift off. Okay, see, you probably.
Speaker 3: Don't even know who gayl King is, friend of Oprah's Forever Old Lady. She's on CBS's morning show, and she was on the Spaceship with Katy Perry and interviewed after they landed, and it sounded like this.
Speaker 5: How would you describe it?
Speaker 2: It's very difficult because you're floating. But the best part was when we got back in our seats after zero g's Katie sang, what a wonderful world? She did that nice? She said, what a wonderful I see drees.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, yes, yes, Oh, because we've been asking her.
Speaker 2: To sing all the time and she wouldn't and she wouldn't, And then because everybody said sing, roars, sing fire, and she said, it's not about me. I wanted to talk about the world. Wow, you know?
Speaker 1: Is that nice?
Speaker 2: You got to ask her about that?
Speaker 1: Other than perhaps the choice of specific words, how did how would that have differed if from if they were high school girls? No kick, conversation was sixteen year old girls at most.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that interviewer, Oh, they.
Speaker 2: Did say, wow, did you cry?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: It was really difficult because we were floating what everybody cried?
Speaker 5: What's the whole?
Speaker 3: And she we kept asking her to sing and she wouldn't. We asked her to sing raw or do you do this? I mean you you hang around with celebrities, when when famous people come into your house, you say, sing for me, act for me? I mean, what what the hell?
Speaker 1: I mean some record breaking deep sea device with Mick Jagger and I just keep saying, hey to sing Sympathy for the Devil, would you?
Speaker 5: He's like, no, we're under the ocean.
Speaker 1: But this is not about me, all right? How about satisfaction? Just satisfaction that would make me a lunatic.
Speaker 5: Sympathy. That old fang was hard to take. Oh really, Oh, I know.
Speaker 6: We have a couple of montages of the women where it's also pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, can we take it as a country? I'd play one. Michael, give me twenty two.
Speaker 2: You are officially an astronaut. How do you feel? I still can't accept that word.
Speaker 3: I just feel a renew connection to everything in life and where we are, and I can't wait to go back out there.
Speaker 8: It is the highest high and it is surrender to the unknown.
Speaker 3: Trust you know, you know what we've gotten off the rails obviously, so the whole space thing. Joe and I are old enough to have grown up with it when it was absolutely amazing and the almost amazing thing human beings have ever done, and all of those emotional reactions you just heard would have made sense and literally death defying, and that's been portrayed so much throughout history that everybody feels like you gotta say that now, even if you go up a little bit higher than you go on a plane and then come back down like thirty minutes later like they did, somebody has got to come back from one of these, whether it's Jeff Bezos or Katie Perrier, whoever, one of these celebrity near space things, and come back and say, you know, it kind of felt like a ride at an amusement park.
Speaker 5: And I'm not changed in any way whatsoever.
Speaker 1: One small step for a Gail King, one giant leap for second tier celebrities.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you're not obligated to come back and say you have a completely different perspective of life and it's changed everything you've ever.
Speaker 5: Thought and all these it's surrender to the unknown. Yeah, you could come.
Speaker 3: It felt pretty cool, but I'm exactly the same as I was before I went up.
Speaker 5: I mean nothing.
Speaker 1: The view of the Earth is stunning, it's crazy, oh so beautiful, My goodness, I just go ahead.
Speaker 5: You don't need to be.
Speaker 1: You know what was the other quote, you're officially an astronaut.
Speaker 5: Don't get me started. It was the highest high. It was surrendered to the unknown. We got another great montage.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, complete and utter joy and gratefulness.
Speaker 2: You can hear. No dream is too wild.
Speaker 3: The moon was so beautiful, and that was like, I felt like that was a special gift just for me.
Speaker 2: You can't go through what we went to to look out for each other, to help each other, and not be changed by that. I will never be the same.
Speaker 8: This experience is right a second to being a mom.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to take those we got.
Speaker 3: We gotta do a podcast, a three hour podcast, and take that bite by bite. There was just one of those needs commentary.
Speaker 5: I hadn't caught on. I apologize.
Speaker 1: This is all a parody done by the guys who did Spinal Tap and Best in Show and those movies.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I hadn't caught on. I'm forever changed. Then you are a simpleton. The moon was a gift just for me. What wait a minute, what.
Speaker 3: And how we all helped each other, We each her, it helped each other through this whole thing.
Speaker 5: You're gone for like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: And then they bagged Katie Perry to sing Moon Dance, but she wouldn't, so we cried again.
Speaker 5: Wow that was spectacular. These women have inspired me. I'm going back to the school. Today's word is vacuous.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're trying too hard to act like you had a life changing event when you did not, Well.
Speaker 1: It was all the publicity stunt in there, playing along so all right, great, that is hilarious.
Speaker 5: Let's cap this.
Speaker 1: Off with David Muhre one more time, Michael twenty, then we'll move on.
Speaker 7: The Star stood an all female Blue Origin flight crew, including Katie Perry and Gail King, lasting off headed to the edge of space.
Speaker 5: Oprah crying a lift off, Oprah crying it lift off.
Speaker 3: Oprah's quote was yesterday, She's never been more proud of Gail than yesterday because what she sat there and didn't you know, loser, mud, that's what you're proud of.
Speaker 5: I guess, well it's a start. So tax myths you have? Is that? Do I understand that correctly?
Speaker 3: So today is April fifteenth, traditionally tax day in America.
Speaker 5: And this I was.
Speaker 3: About to say this dude from the Manhattan Institute. I don't want to get sidelined on this. But I've been reading Brian Ridel Redel, remember how you pronounce his name. I've been reading his tax stuff for years.
Speaker 5: He's now Jessica Reedel. He oh, he heard felt.
Speaker 3: He was a woman his whole life and he has changed. He's done all the stuff and he's now Jessica Reedl. But anyway, his writing about taxes is her writing about taxes is still.
Speaker 5: The same as it's ever been, all right, then.
Speaker 3: And with the Manhattan Institute, and I listened to a long podcast about this estate was it was so good.
Speaker 5: And he's one of those guys. There are a few public intellectuals like this. Larry Summers is one of them.
Speaker 3: That man, when when they say stuff that your side likes, everybody quotes them. And when they say stuff that your side hates, you know they're a villain and a partisan and whatever. Like when Larry Summers was saying to the Joe Biden crowd, hey, these bills are gonna cause inflation. Conservatives loved him. He's on Fox all the time. Liberals hated him. Now that he's saying this tear war is terrible and stupid and gonna cause inflation, conservatives hate him and liberals love it. Well, this this Brian, I'm sorry, Jessica Rdel is the same sort of person. And the top ten tax myths, and I'll just mention a couple of them, because but they they they you know, something.
Speaker 5: Here to anger everybody.
Speaker 3: Then I'm gonna focus on one briefly before we take a break, so we can get the mailbag number one myth, tax cuts pay for themselves, and he goes through all kinds of math on how that's that's how conservatives. We conservatives often push these They do, you know, cause economic economic growth and everything like that, but they never there's there's never been a case where the economic growth equaled the amount of revenue.
Speaker 5: Drop from the tax cut. That's just never happy.
Speaker 3: Now, I more than she am big on the whole. It doesn't have to it's my money. I should get to keep as much as my money as possible. She leans more to woe. We have to run the government and we're going broke, so it's going to destroy the nation and we need to do something.
Speaker 5: About it, which is a reasonable stance.
Speaker 1: But if you're going broke, what's the first thing you do? You cut your spending.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: That's everybody in every circumstance, corporate, individual.
Speaker 5: Another myth.
Speaker 3: Briefly, because I don't want to focus on some of these, the tax cuts will starve the beast. I was very unhappy to hear this, but she said, going through all kinds of examples throughout history, if you because oftentimes the conservative view is and I've said this, I don't know how many times, the only thing you can do with government is give them less money, and to me, it's your only hope to get him to waste less money. Has give them less money, but at least in the modern era, that has never happened. We spend more even after tax cuts.
Speaker 5: Will print it or borrow it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the government is so comfortable borrowing money, they will just continue to spend wildly even when you have tax cuts and starve the beast.
Speaker 5: So that's disappointing to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine if you despised your children. I mean, that's that's very difficult for most of us. But imagine your your children were like, uh, ax murdering perverts and just just the most rotten human beings.
Speaker 5: You'd ever run into. You're life perverts. That's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: That's that's the B movie I attempted to get produced back in my film production days. But anyway, so it was kind of a Texas Chainsaw Murder, but with more sacks in it. The sex sexy, what ax wielding perverts whatever. That would be the only conceivable circumstance I could think of where, for instance, I would think, you know what, I want a new car. I'm just gonna take out a loan that my axe murdering, pervert son has to pay for.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Then, I think, you know what, I could use a bigger house too. I'm gonna take a mortgage out, and my hated son will have to pay it off. I don't have to. That is what we and our government are doing right now. Except we love our children, but we're still treating them as if they're horrific human beings who deserve derision and punishment. It is the most astonishing, amoral thing I have ever witnessed in my life. And we do it every single day as a country and a rant, because if you get me started, I won't stop.
Speaker 3: Starting with and run by the worst generation, the Boomers.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, No, why would you alienate people?
Speaker 3: Because it is the worst generation in American history. The Baby Boomers are absolutely documentably, you can prove it with charts and stats, the worst generation in American history, the most fish generation in American history.
Speaker 5: Profligate spending, yes.
Speaker 3: And you know, and it might just be human nature, the arc of an empire and everything like that, and they happen to be born during that time, which probably makes more sense. But You're absolutely right. It's just so we don't even think about it that much. It's just we think it's not We think it's never gonna happen. It's like, you know, I've known people like this. They just I look at them and think, how do you think this is gonna end? It just keeps spending with clearly no means to support their spending, and just feel like it's never gonna come crashing down, and then eventually it does. Like our neighbors when I was a kid, my dad used to talk about them buying new cars all the time and everything like that. He was embezzling from the hospital he worked at and eventually was driven out.
Speaker 5: Of town and had everything taken away from him. I mean, at some point the rubber meets the road.
Speaker 3: It just happens.
Speaker 1: And then people or countries like that to act like something was done to them when the reckoning finally comes.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: But so an hour two, I want to get to my favorite, and this is the one I think that does the most damage because those first two kind of were swipes at conservatives and a lot of their you know, some of the things we hold on to the tax argument. This one goes after the lefties the middle class pays higher tax rates than the rich.
Speaker 5: That couldn't be more wrong.
Speaker 3: The Warren Buffett I pay lower taxes than my secretary. How a guy as smart as him could start that ball rolling with that stupid, stupid statement that lefties have been hanging on to now for decades.
Speaker 5: It's just so not true.
Speaker 1: Right, and we will blow it out of the water next hour. Let's very frustrating mail bag on the way.
Speaker 3: I hope you can stay here. Actually, we're gonna talk to one of our favorite tax experts, guy named Stephen Moskowitz a little later in the show our three about where.
Speaker 5: Things are with UH.
Speaker 1: Taxes in America on tax Day yep, and where they're likely to go next, which I think we're all concerned about or interested in at the very least.
Speaker 3: I'm going through puberty. That's why I sound like this. Becoming a man, Well, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day today from Martin Luther King Jr. Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor. It must be demanded by the oppressed. It's true, absolutely true. I can't wait for tomorrow our freedom loving quotes of the day. I have a couple that are great, but I'm not going to jump the gun. Instead, we'll move on the mail bag.
Speaker 5: Drop us a note.
Speaker 1: The email address is mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 5: Angry baby boomers.
Speaker 1: Of course, we understand that it profligates spending in irresponsibility is not universal among young people.
Speaker 5: Please don't write angry emails. I know that already still the worst generation in America.
Speaker 1: Oh, why, I'm trying to heal the wounds without a doubt, Garrick writes, I thought I was just moved and entertained by my my favorite movies and shows, Casablanca. We were talking yesterday about science, says. The reason we like to watch shows and movies we've already seen is because it gives us an emotional reset, kind of a break, freedom from stress. We know it's going to happen, so, Garrick writes. He mentions Casablanca, Seinfeldt, Lord of the Rings, Aladdin, Gladiator, Happy, Gilmour of the Dark, Knight, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Hey, evidently I'm just a needy bitch. Never felt that.
Speaker 1: Way, just thought I loved these movies and TV shows and the characters in them.
Speaker 5: But what do I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just a doctor. Wow, you're a defensive doctor, Garrick. No, it's not a sign of weakness. It's a sign of your animal brain is telling you take a minute.
Speaker 5: Take him in los.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it right. If it came off as a sign of weakness, that's not all at at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned that your dad never wants to rewatch stuff, and he's the most even killed person you've ever known. But there's not a right way or a wrong way. No, no, yeah, it's like people. That's these freaking idiots who I'd like to batter with with my fists. But I'm not a violent man who thinks that there's something defective about the way little boys act, for instance, versus little girls, or one's better than the other or whatever. No, just people, just do what you need to do, right. It's not a better or worse thing. Let's see Alnonymous in Washington Rights on the topic of the Chickstronauts. Wouldn't it be nice if Jeff Bezos gave them a replica rocket ship like the one they flew in. Easily held with one hand, the boosters light up and even vibrates just like the ship did on takeoff. Oh geez blussy, he can stick his pretty boy face on the dome of the rocket just because he could. Also, it has lifelike rocket sounds if you put the boosters on full blast. Coming to the Amazon Store with the replica Blue Origin rocket, counting down to blast off is just three triple a's away battery not included.
Speaker 5: Wow, I feel like there's a crash.
Speaker 3: In Jeff Bezos's future. Harrison pictures of him he was young, He's a very geeky guy. Now he's this big some sort of supplemented buff tan guy, ten hot, new young.
Speaker 5: Hands, the world's biggest yacht, et cetera. I think there's a crash someday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on that same topic, so many people wrote his emails about this. Sean writes Katy Perry, singing, if I met you guys on a space launch, I'd of course keep nagging you to recap the news in a clever way, over and over again. Just imagine you refuse to recap the news, but the end of the space launch you read an email from JT and Sacramento. Dude, I'm bawling. Zero g tiars filling the capsule I'm telling you, Sewan, that has some beautiful sarcasm. Brother astronaut, my ass writes Curtis got home from work tonight watched the playback of the Girl's Rocket Ride. You said you were looking forward to hating it, and so was I. I was not disappointed. Note at the time I got to the interview part, I was already all over it. What's that, Michael Oh? Thirty seconds? Okay? Uh?
Speaker 5: It was pathetic.
Speaker 1: The audio from the shall we call it cockpit that was coming in under flight controllers was ridiculous. They're screaming like that. They were on the Tower of Terrors at Disneyland. Was really just like a theme park ride, nothing more. He gets into the perfect hair and the rest of it. Katie Perry is no more an astronaut than Hamm the Chimp we launched and brought back alive in nineteen sixty one.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: More on the Way an hour two if you miss it in the podcast
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy