Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jekiet and No Key arms Drawn Get It Why from Studio C say signor a dimly let room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong Yaghetti Communications Compound on Friday, as they were toiling under the title of the show more like memo of underwhelming or if you prefer Uncle Sam Box's Kangaroo film at eleven, it's too bad you just came up with the mo OUs Memorandum of underwhelming because that's good and the story's kind of over, so yeah, the story is just beginning. My friend using the term m OU is kind of gonna come to an end. Though that was all the talk there up until Who's seen MoU? What are you going to release? MoU? And memorandum of underwhelming is pretty good? Yeah, speaking of which, And we won't be labor this. We've talked about it enough.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad you didn't pay me the ten dollars dollars yet because this is very controversial. Trump signed the MoU, but then JD was supposed to go to a signing ceremony and that got post poems.
Speaker 2: I was actually just thinking about this is this is why lawyers run the world. This is why you get to get lawyers. We should have had lawyers involved in our bet. I bet ten dollars that the deal would not be signed. Did I say Friday or by Friday? I don't remember, but it wasn't signed on Friday. It was signed to before Friday. Listen, I got no knits on me. Quit picking them. Uh, and then they've got the Well, so they're not doing the Is it the signing or is it the ceremony that matters? And I would imagine it's the signing that But anyway, not a good start when they were supposed to go and meet and start the negotiations about mihstiles and stuff like that, and no, they canceled it because Hesbela attacked Israel. Israel attacked Hesbela overnight, and that is line one in the memorandum of underwhelming. Line one is hostilities end and it's not all front Yeah. No, no, Israel repeatedly says we didn't agree to that. Yeah, you can't make hiss agree to that, No kidding. Anyway, Well, we'll talk about that more later what was the thing with Uncle Sam Box? And who Uncle Sam Boxes? Kangaroo film? At eleven?
Speaker 3: We were playing the Aussies this afternoon in the US and Ausi's in the World Cup.
Speaker 2: The soccer ruse. Yes, yes, very exciting.
Speaker 3: At my house, I have a conflict and I'm very bummed about it. I'll be dvring it.
Speaker 2: But do you know what time it is? So? What time? The three o'clock eastern noon Pacific? Oh it is? Is that early in the day? Yeah? Oh cool from free.
Speaker 3: Don't step on any needles on the field, guys, that's the key thing to avoid, never mind the awesome Ausy defense.
Speaker 2: Don't step on any junkie needles some noon West Coast times. So I'm running air in stace, so we'll have it on in the car as we drive around. Cool.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, soccer without the excitement of soccer, without the distraction of being able to see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, that does sound like a dream come true. O. You could you could say it that way. You could say, it's not like I'm gonna miss anything by not watching. Oh, I disagree completely. You can tell me if somebody scores. Well, I don't know anything about strategy, so watching it is worthless for me. I just see people running around and it looks like they're randomly kicking the ball right yeah, and everybody cheers, and I think, what, what are you all excited about? The ball is fifty yards from the goal? What are we cheering about here? Oh? Right right?
Speaker 3: It helps if you picture it a lot like basketball, where they there's a lot of ball movement around the perimeter. They're trying to get mismatches and trying to get the defense to be a little slow to react, and then you exploit that and move forward and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it takes a long damn time, which is why they sing those songs and drink like lunatics. I mentioned this yesterday the Scotsman descending upon Boston. They drank the Sam Adams Boston Lagger Dry at the Sam Adams Giant Tap House. They had to do an emergency thing and bar owners are reporting receipts quadruple Saint Patrick's Day, Wow, just because the Scotsmen are in town. Yeah, having a big time. My niece who lives in Boston sent out more pictures yesterday of dudes and kilts walking around the subway and stuff like that. Love it.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, this whole phenom phenomenon of online influencers from all over the world saying this country's freaking great. I've heard all this negative stuff. These are the nicest, friendliest people in the world.
Speaker 2: They're thrilled to show they're city Americans are fabulous people. And I'm like, yeah, that's right, we are. Don't forget that. We're the most generous, welcoming people on earth generally, you know, except during the Biden years if you have permission to come in. But yeah, god dang it, we're a great people in a.
Speaker 3: Great country's wallow and negativism.
Speaker 2: All the time. Unless we lose to the sakar Us, then I want I'm jailed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, ship him off to at El salvad Or prison. Here's such a big fan of They shove your head down in your right jumpsuit.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Wow, that's not going to endear us any tourists. No, they won't think that's good at all. Now I'm trying not to talk at all about the hole Ran thing, because I think it's it's it's really quite a deli. Oh but we'll get to that soon enough.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you want to hear my favorite headline of the day here. It is Obama slams America's fixation on wealth and fame ahead of star studded launch party for eight hundred and fifty million dollars shrine to himself.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. We're to win, he says to Bruce Springsteen and Bono and Ario are on a grande in the first row.
Speaker 3: Was that some sort of scientific irony test? You know, what's the purest distilled irony that can be produced or what? That's hilarious?
Speaker 2: Yes, that is sixty eight hundred and fifty million dollars trying to himself. That is sixty percent riched irony right there, right? Weapons great, yeah, weapons, great irony. Hilarious. That is funny. That is I'd never thought about that, but that is absolutely true about that crowd. They're always talking about, uh, you know, the regular guy and the rich getting away with this and that, and you're you're the most elite assembled group that could possibly exist, right right, All the energy in the Democratic Party is the college educated wealthy. It's crazy. Well, and the whole presidential library thing has clearly turned into something that wasn't the original point it was supposed to be you gotta house the documents from an administration somewhere and then scholars and researchers can go and dig through them like that. Robert Carrow, I read the LBJ book spent, has spent his whole life practically at the LBJ libraries, he says, turn it over millions of pages over the years, looking reading every line. That's what they're for. But they just kind of recently it's I'm going to build a giant like monument to myself. It's a shrinezium with the donations of people that I helped out over the years or maybe can still help out in the future. Yeah, a shrine that that's so not American.
Speaker 3: I would agree. Yeah, And honestly, there is a lot to like at the Obama thing. It's a giant community center. You know, sports courts for kids and you know, educational resources and that sort of thing, which is lovely. But yeah, in general, Yeah, the shrines to presidents why, I mean, some of them deserved like monuments and such, but a very few.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting, I didn't take in any of it. I just couldn't. You said, you tuned it on for like five minutes. No, I think it was ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Michelle was slathering praise on her man for being a visionary and a far.
Speaker 2: Seeing you know, sage and Saint and the rest of it, and I'm like, oh god, and I just I bailed. He didn't want a third term if we allowed that sort of thing. Wow. Interesting, goshells a man. Yeah, you know that was one of the speakers. Yeah, that was the That was the wrestler from last weekend at the UFC match. Oh, I'd misunderstood. Yeah, that's not helpful. You're not speaker there. That's the fighting us. That's not bringing us together. Yeah. Yeah, come on, let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Friday, June nineteenth. It's juneteenth? Right? Is today juneteenth? Correct? Yeah? The year twenty twenty six. We are Armstrong in Geddy. Are we racist? If we're working here for working on Juneteenth? Does that make you a racist? I think so? Yes.
Speaker 3: All right, let's begin now officially according to FCC rules regulations, here comes the show at Mark.
Speaker 2: Damn, New York.
Speaker 4: We really did it, man, we really did it. There's a lot of people have a lot of negative stuff to say. There's a lot of people who have a lot of opinions, but when you prove them wrong, you really have to You don't have to say too though.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you all. Thank you. Jalen Brunson of the New York Next who has become the most celebrated basketball player on the planet, who was the thirty third pick in the NBA draft a couple of years back, second round. Everybody passed on him at least once. Yeah, yeah, just amazing. I am not an NBA fan.
Speaker 3: I am certainly not a New York's Knicks fan, but I've become a giant fan of the Knicks win and the reaction in New York City. And it crystallized in my head through two things.
Speaker 2: I read. One Arthur Brooks, who's the psychologist.
Speaker 3: He writes about happiness and unhappiness for the Free Press, and he was describing how sports fans are happier people in general than non sports fans. Sure, there have been all sorts of scientific studies about it, and we can dig into that because I found it super interesting. But the other thing was Peggy Noonan Rent quoted a friend who was observing all this and how happy people were in watching the scenes of the crowds in the street day after day after day, and the fact that it was an Uninternet thing that was happening. People were physically with each other, They were looking at each other, Nobody was scrolling with their phones.
Speaker 2: Very few of them had their phones up to video take pictures. Everybody was interacting with each other in a great American city. It was an Uninternet phenomenon. And I thought, wow, right, at least we do that with sports. I'm intrigued by this concept that sports fans are happier than nonsports fans. I think that makes sense based on just my anecdotal having lived my life. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they asked the question, if you're a skeptic, good for you you should be. Is it just that happy people like sports or that sports make people happy?
Speaker 2: And well, again, we'll dig into those studies and spell that out for you. That's a good question. And yeah, the problem is when you're a sports fan, your team doesn't always win the championship. In fact, they don't always even have a winning season. So how about those years? Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, no, not at all. Just something to focus on.
Speaker 3: That's not inflation or war, or it's interaction and something in common with friends, acquaintances, and strangers.
Speaker 2: There's definitely range two other human beings. There's definitely a community aspect to it, no doubt whatsoever. Mm hmm. Yeah, that's very very interesting. Maybe I'll have to rethink by I was. I was huge into sports for almost my entire life, from a little kid until I had kids. When I had kids, I thought I ain't got time for this anymore. I kind of bailed on all sports. But sure, Yeah, we've got headlines on the way. What do you think of that? Do you have any thoughts on that? The whole being happier for your sports fan? Text line four one five two nine five KFTC my headline. If I is writing a headline. Jd Vance thinks you're stupid. Wow, Wow, I sense a hidden meaning there. Jd Vance thinks he can say anything in front of you, and because he went to Yale and you didn't, you'll just buy it or something, or he's so persuasive you. I just was watching him on Fox and he just says stuff that's not true over and over again, very emphatically. Yeah, they won't get a dime until they've agreed to all our nuclear But that's just flat freaking not true, dude. No one nobody believes it. Not a dime of US dollars. Whoa whoa, whoa whoa. Ain't the US part of the dollars that bothers me?
Speaker 3: Right, it's just dollars. Who cares where they come from? He thinks you're stupid. Yeah, all right, well we're not, damn it. Uh and neither Heather Myers.
Speaker 2: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story, Heather, take it away, that could be arguable.
Speaker 1: Wordy, Joe and Jack. I hope that your Friday's up to a great start. Let's start with something. A headline CNN saying US Aron talks postponed as Israel clashes with Hesbela, CBS News Israel HESBLA fighting intensifies in Lebanon as next phase talks are delayed, and from NBC News, Obama says US may be worse off now than before Iran war.
Speaker 2: So starting day one, the strait is open. So up to I forget what the numbers, hundreds of millions of dollars they did, still pouring into a ran with the straight open and the talks over the nuclear part have been delayed. It's already happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And look, this is not petting myself on the back. But when it emerged at one of the points of the deal was that all fighting stops, including Israel and Hezbollah, I'm like, whoa, that's a non starter. That'll never happen. That's silly, it's ridiculous. It didn't last, you know, long enough to make a decent ham sandwich. They wouldn't eat in Israel because Ham's not kosher. Anyway, back to you, Heather.
Speaker 1: NDR. Luigi Manngioni's lawyers with draw plans for psychiatric defense.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's only thing, one thing we can do here. Joe not only considered going to law school, he filled out some of the paperwork. Why yes, Why did they throw that out for like a couple of coffee yesterday and then pull it back.
Speaker 3: I wonder whether they talked him into it, and he later said, wait, no, I don't want to do that. Okay, it's entirely possible. Best guess, or they're all crazy. He's crazy. No, he's not crazy.
Speaker 2: He's crazy. Again, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: From the Associated Press, California labor union offers to scale back billionaire at tax proposal after pushback.
Speaker 2: Huh. Yeah, their cash grab was too greedy and obvious. But it's already on the ballot. How does that work?
Speaker 1: They are asking the governor to get behind this and if he does, they'll scale it back to two percent instead of five percent.
Speaker 3: Did you do that when the voters have already voted on putting on the ballot I and signed the paperwork, the petitions and all. Yeah, I'd love to know more about the legalities of that. They just it's so naked a kid to just shameless cash grab.
Speaker 1: Come gallop this morning at US adults ability to afford healthcare at a five.
Speaker 2: Year low yet unnoticed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 1: From the Chicago Tribune, Obama's presidential center in Chicago will be a beacon of hope for democracy.
Speaker 2: That's what we needed to become of hope. Yeah, for democracy specifically the old Bokay, we need more bohs in every town. Keep your pads on Tribune.
Speaker 1: Finally, this morning from the Babylon Bee, Iran wins three hundred billion dollar cash prize for placing second in war.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's pretty good. Very much. Never disappoints. Yes, well done. Thanks. You know I was listening to Jonah Goldberg yesterday. How much time I got my goel? Like five seconds? Well, I have to explain what one of Iran's main goals looks like is going to be met, and that's dividing the United States and Israel. Maybe that was their goal, Armstrong and Geddy. I am horrified by what has happened in the RAND, this whole Horan thing. I think it's terrible, but not everybody apparently does. And I also think jd Vance is lying to you, But more on that later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've run across a couple of really interesting takes recently that definitely they shine the light from a different side. Might not change anybody's minds, but perspective's worth hearing. But first, and most importantly, it's time for the Friday tradition.
Speaker 2: Let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow Clips of the Week, shell am I right, America. Sadly, due to the construction of data centers in the impending water Wars, the most useful college majors now are foraging and hand to hand combat. Go ahead and cry after fifty three years the Knicks. So finally NBA Champions looks again. Go on, is getting left be this time? Yes, it's basically a medical emergency. We were notified that we have a possible equal the.
Speaker 1: Case on board, so that means thirty equals six, which equals eight.
Speaker 2: You know it also equals eight four unrelated to equals six. I want my country back. He's a stupid son of a bitch to get me. He's coming after my wife, Jen, a public servant. How are lighting you up every single day?
Speaker 1: And now I don't have to worry about it?
Speaker 2: Bendy CNN viewers. It's more the paradox of Cali today is a successful economy attached to a failing model of governance. The phrase I learned early in my career in the New York Field Office, and that's don't choke on your own smoke. This is a memorandum of understanding. The coolest thing about the progress we've made over the last few weeks.
Speaker 4: The Randia that we made is going to bring me a lot of success to the world.
Speaker 2: We are prepared to release frozen funds. Your Runyan's in charge. The killers and thugs are still in charge. They're going to take that money and recover everything. But isn't it worth trying. These pools who think I haven't been tough enough on Iran are either jealous, bad people, or stupid. You can't tell a country whether Israel Iran. They're not allowed to have any self defense is common sense. They don't want to get bombed, they don't want to get hit. I know your rights, and for the love of Mike, don't ever give them up. I'm Mike and I approved this message. It's clips of the week.
Speaker 3: I want to hear that Bob Odenkirk thing again, maybe later in the show today. I love that has better call Saul talking about how precious our rights are and how we better not give him up.
Speaker 2: Love that, Love that, Love that. So Joe texted me yesterday that he ran into somebody who thinks it's a good idea that Trump has made this deal, and I haven't heard a lot of that, so I was interested. Yeah, a couple of perspectives.
Speaker 3: A good friend of mine who did business all over the world, and I mean all over the world, said, first of all, because he's done business and negotiating in all these countries. He says, negotiating in China is really hard, India is worse, and Iran is impossible because of the utter lack of candor and that you utterly dishonest and manipulative and will steal from you as they're shaking your hand. And just just just culturally, if you can get over on the other guy, that scene as clever, not as despicable.
Speaker 2: But clever. Yeah, it's it's hard to fully appreciate cultural differences. Yeah, because if somebody if you sat down at a table and you were doing a deal about a car or a house or anything in the United States, and it turns out the guy lied to your face, like the words in the contract you're going to sign were completely different than what he was saying to you with words, you would think he was a scumbag, and everybody you told the story to would think he was a scumbag. Yeah, but apparently in some countries that scene as clever. Oh well you have another good Yeah, you should have checked more. He painted over all that mold that's on you. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anyway, But this same friend said he is much more positive about the UH memoranding memorandum of underwhelming as I called it this morning, UH, because he said the word. Our old economy was suffering much more than we feel in the United States, And there were several countries, whether friends or like frenemies like China, that were on the verge of panicking. And we're really seriously saying, hey, we've got to resolve this thing quickly.
Speaker 2: And so that was the idea. Having set back their nuclear program for years. Probably Trump was just.
Speaker 3: Under much greater pressure than we understood, and this will get the world economy going again, So one perspective.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, I think I was trying to find it. I think the journal maybe has an article about how the economies of South Korea, Japan, and Singapore, Asia is just exploding with wealth all based on tech. But yeah, folks from all over the Third world are flocking Asia now because there's so much money rolling around there. So shoot, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: And then I came across this from the fabulous Neil Ferguson, who says, on its face Trump's fourteen points, he's comparing it to Wilson's fourteen points of the n World War One. Right now, Trump's fourteen points look as wretched as Wilson's fourteen points. Looked splendid in nineteen eighteen, But who can be sure what lies ahead? If the most perilous time for Iran's horrible regime is not when it is under intense bombardment, but when it makes peace and smells the approach of boatloads of money. What if, at the same time, it turns out that the IRGC's equally blood soaked confederate, Vladimir Putin is in deeper trouble than we realize with his war in Ukraine. Moscow get pounded the other day anyway, And what if the reason oil prices didn't even go higher than they did in the past four months is that China's domestic economy is in freefall, as some numbers indicate.
Speaker 2: What if, in short, President Trump's luck holds, as it has held so often throughout his eighty years of often reckless risk taking. Obviously that all could happen, But that's counting on your luck holding as opposed to a strategy looks a heck of a strategy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think luck. Look, I think he tossed out that word too easily. Let me read his next sentence. In the end, the wording of this lousy memorandum of understanding may matter less than the second and third order consequences of Trump's Iran war. The economic consequences to date have certainly been far less damaging than I firesaw in the earlier in the conflict. Maybe, just maybe the same will turn out to be true of the geopolitical consequences.
Speaker 2: Then what's what the complete bulls? I wish I could say the word that JD Vance is spreading around the last couple of days, all the crap about Look, you know what's cool? They don't even want a weapon anymore. They've come to the conclusion that was a bad idea. That's crap. The ido today has ever lied to me about a good thing for me? Right? Or Trump and JD are both saying the same thing with a wait a second, It wouldn't be fair to tell Iran they can't have rockets when Saudi Arabia can have rockets? What is this? The equivalence between our enemies and our friends? Where the hell did this come from? Trump says stuff like that a lot. He said it about Russia, he said it about China. That is nat I think he thinks it's a bargaining maneuver. I don't know. I find it despicable. I can tell you what commentary, the magazine that stands up for Israel thinks about it in the second. But first, this from Mark Alprin's piece today, getting to what your friend was saying. Helprin talking to officials in the White House. Officials directly involved in the negotiations, argue that allowing Rand to sell oil is a relatively small price to pay if it lowers gasoline prices in America, stabilizes energy markets, and creates a pathway to preventing a nuclear crisis. But that third one is very thin, it seems to me, since they've already today delayed the talks day one. The talks have been delayed.
Speaker 3: There is zero indication that the future is promising in terms of nuclear negotiations.
Speaker 2: There's no reason to think that, but they repeat it over and over again. The argument boils down to this. Every other potential benefit disappears if negotiations collapse. In that sense, they say the deal not as an act of weakness, but as an exercise in risk management, a gamble, but a calculated one. I like this part. Nobody inside the administration that Mark Alprin talks to seems to be under any illusion about the odds they might be talking like we're talking. Trump advisors almost universally acknowledged this is a long shot. Their view is simply that a long shot beats no shot. Then you shouldn't have started the war if you weren't willing to go through to the point that you're.
Speaker 3: Just gonna make them go along with this, Yeah, Or do we just knock their program backward over and over again through the years.
Speaker 2: It's a disease that can't be cured.
Speaker 3: It be too costly to cure it, so we just, you know, we knocked the symptoms back every so often. So I was the tile and all of a good solid bombing.
Speaker 2: So I was listening to Jonah Goldberg yesterday of The Dispatch, who I haven't agreed with much in quite a while. But he was making the point that Iran has cleverly one of their great goals in addition to having enough rockets to overwhelm Israel's iron Dome at some point, and they were getting close. I had missed this part of the story, but I guess Marco was talking about this at the beginning. That's one of the reasons we needed to go to war now. Iran was approaching the place where they would have so many rockets that they could overwhelm the Iron Dome forces and then they would actually be able to blow up Tel Aviv with conventional weapons. They don't need a nuke. And now we're going to allow them to have rockets again, because it's not fair to tell one country they can have rockets in one country. It's perfectly fair. It's the way the world works. That's what's being a superpower is all about. That's the fun. Well, why does some countries have nuclear weapons and some don't because some countries we trust with them and some we don't. It's just it's a nonsen again. Jd Vance thinks you're stupid, is my headline there. But the other part that the second best thing that Iran could get is to drive a wedge between Israel and the United States. Israel exists because of the help of the United States since its beginning. They get so much military, financial help from US. And now you're getting this. Israel gets rockets but Iran doesn't. That wouldn't be fair. Talk out of jd Vance Commentary magazine, which is well respected in your think tank worlds, has this piece from Abe Greenwald. Today, Vance drops the pretense. JD. Vance's jew baiting is no longer hiding in plain sight. It's no longer something he has to be. That has to be inferred from his choice of anti Semitic allies, his serial flirtations with the rhetoric of the podcast right because you know he's friends with Tucker and that sort of stuff or is clear displeasure whenever the Jewish State asserts itself in a way that conflicts with his political factions priorities. It's now out in the open. We get it. Everyone hates Israel and maybe they're all onto something. Vance has been itching to say this for a long time, and Donald Trump's failure in Iran finally gave him the opportunity. The president is letting JDB JD. Turns out he's exactly who I thought he was. So that's the view from the Israeli think tank community anyway, Wow, JD's part of the whole. Tucker, Megan Kelly, Candae Owen's Israel is the root of a lot of problems, crowd. I don't know if I believe that or not. Although that why does Israel get rockets in Iran? Doesn't what that's a bizarre statemle or lecturing Israel about firing on Hesbela. You realize Hesbela the other day when this happened. The other day, was Hesbela blew up a school bus, shot at a school bus in Israel, Israel fights back, and then of course the world headlines are Israel attacks Hesbela, leaving out the first part right right, yeah, and hesbel what is Iran? Right right? Unblank and believable. I don't know what to make of it. How about the fact that day one the negotiations to get blown up. That's a slight delay. I wouldn't worry about it. It's rainy. Do you think they'll ever sit down. I'd rather they didn't. I don't want to see jd Vance smiling and shaking hands with a leader from the Revolutionary Guard. They'll go through the motions. Yeah, at some point, M wow, sound too Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it would be so incredibly laughable if they didn't even have meeting number one.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody wants that legitimate, legitimizing one of the worst regimes on earth. That's something ever thought I would see that all we got mail bag on the way and lots of other stuff. Stay here. I promise to shut up about the war Iran for as long as I can. Good damn it.
Speaker 3: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day Day sat along by Brian Frequent Corresponded Brian from Ana Rosa. Thanks Ran from D. H. Lawrence, the great writer, big fan. Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away, poor fools, and their great grandchildren are once more slaves.
Speaker 2: Seems to be human nature. Not sure if you can interrupt that. It's very, very difficult. I think you can just delay it as long as you can.
Speaker 3: As Reagan put it, we're never more than a couple of generations away from losing our liberty.
Speaker 2: Or just look at your own family dynamics. If your own then swing in your own family. It's not easy to arrest that track.
Speaker 3: No, No, growing up poor yields a different person than growing up affluent on average across a population. There's no doubt of it, no doubt about it, Mailbag. I can't wait TOI later talk about how great my first crock pot meal turned out. It was amazing, excellent. Drops not mail Bag at Armstrong you getty dot com. Yesterday we played this clip of Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say something to my wife. These times are not normal, They're not ordinary. I love you and I'm sorry he's doing this and Jack and that's funny that he has the same cadence as Bill Shatner as Captain Kirk in the original track. Now I can't get out of my head, and neither can Brian. Different Brian, Doctor Brian. He does sound like Kirk when you said California the Final Frontier. E think, spit out my drink. That's funny. Yeah, I know, speaking style. If that's his, I'm mad speaking style. I mean you should work on that. Stan says, you gotta hear this. It's gotta be blaring from the Trump motorcade. Undoubtedly the undoubtedly the theme song to Trump's entire two terms. I don't think a single person in the entire world would disagree with me. Imagine Trump singing this in karaoke. It is, of course the Molly You classic Flirting with Disaster, which is a pretty good, you know, Trump walk up song, as it were.
Speaker 3: We can't play it for you stand because of weird licensing laws with music and podcasting. Anyway, moving along, Aaron Wright, Happy June teenth. Check your privilege. I actually do check my privilege daily, but race has nothing to do with it. I pray thank you Jesus that I was born in America to two great parents who loved me, cared for me, and taught me how to be a good man. I thank Him for my wife and children in our quality of life, because I know it is not common to live as well as we do. Again, not even a single thought about race. If anybody thinks I'm missing something racial in my practice of gratitude, that says more about them than it doesn't need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you were born in the United States, that's a huge leg up on having a good life in the history of the world. Then if you got a good family also. Oh, we got a.
Speaker 3: Couple of emails pointing out that Juneteenth is a stupid holiday. I want to talk about that. My feelings are a little more ambivalent than that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't like federal holidays periods, so it's not just because it's Juneteenth. I'd like to get rid of like all but three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was born of the great Awokening and the Biden administration so that's enough to despise it. But as a historical day, it's interesting and I hate that it's become woke ified. Moving along on Seattle's incredible drug problems, John from Boise He writes, first he misses Katie and wants her to come back.
Speaker 2: We all do Seattle.
Speaker 3: During my thirty years of law enforcement in the East San Francisco Bay, we were very active in drug enforcement. Back in the old days, before the George so Us funded DA's, we had the ability to arrest many drug addicts for being the under the influence in possession.
Speaker 2: Here are my conclusions.
Speaker 3: One, if people are sent to jail, if only for a week, once they are sober and are able to they are able to make clearer decisions when they get out.
Speaker 2: Saw it over and over again. Two.
Speaker 3: The easiest way to get a young mother off drugs is to arrest her for under the influence and call CPS. Many moms will stay off drugs to get their kids back. Drug enforcement is a tool which helps many people.
Speaker 2: It's so true. We've heard that from so many cops and former addicts. Now build them a tiny house, give them the needles, let them make their own decisions. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty