Speaker 1: Hi, guys, Welcome to another episode of Diamonds and Rough with Teddy and.
Speaker 2: Eric.
Speaker 1: Are you like emphasis on the.
Speaker 2: Rough, emphasis on the rough?
Speaker 3: It's been rough, you know here in Los Angeles as you know, I mean, you're I'm on one side of town, you're on the other side of town.
Speaker 2: But Teddy, what the is going on?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 4: I have a question? At yesterday at like six pm? Did you get an evacuation notice?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: It made the mistake? Yes, whoever?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I know that things happened, but the entire county that was the evacuation noticed. I was like, what is this entire Los Angeles County going?
Speaker 1: I was like, uh, armageddon? What are like? Okay?
Speaker 4: But then I started texting people and I'm like, did you get this too, like people that lived far from me, and they're like, oh, yeah, we all got it. And then like ten minutes later, Katla did a press conference and we're like, oh, it's not human driven.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh we have.
Speaker 3: They did a press conference and said it's not human driven, which makes it a little frightening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's human driven for me that I'm checking my address every ten minutes, and also the amount of people that we.
Speaker 2: Know personally lost everything.
Speaker 1: Lost everything.
Speaker 4: And also something that I was talking about with Edwin earlier is like, where are people going to live now?
Speaker 3: I thought the exact same thing. And I also think that this forever changes the Los Angeles landscape. I mean, these people are going to have to do you know how long it takes to pull a permit to rebuild, to do anything in the city of Los Angeles. And where are these people going? Where these people's children going to school? Where it's utter devastation.
Speaker 1: It's utter devastation.
Speaker 4: And you realize that I don't know if it was six months ago or when it was, but they canceled everybody's fire insurance.
Speaker 3: Of course they did. I know someone in my family who is that happened to. Yes, they canceled everybody's fire insurance. What is the state going to do?
Speaker 2: Like? What is happening here?
Speaker 3: This is I mean, in my opinion, I believe that this leads to massive economic impact. Yeah, political change, you know, all of this kind of stuff, insurance, you know, the insurance companies, Like this is I think that we're going to get a new mayor, We're going to get a whole new lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: I think there's going to be so much.
Speaker 4: And I think it's also I mean, the unknown for an adult like me is hard, but imagine the unknown as a child, Like there are so many kids that like live in that area that was burned down, and then there's school burned down right behind them. Like imagine like the long term effects of that.
Speaker 3: Well and the PTSD of it all that's not going to even I had a friend come over last night to get some dog food. It's just randomly his home. Uh, the inside of his home in Palisades is perfect, but the outside is so bizarre, completely destroyed. All of his neighbors completely destroyed somehow another his the interior of his play state.
Speaker 2: But he seems so you know, we know when people are in shock. Yeah, it's going to be fine.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wow, okay, it's these people have a long way to go. And I just would like to point out, not that I'm not being insensitive, but how are we going to pull this back together?
Speaker 2: Like how are these people going to go on?
Speaker 3: And and what does this mean for the rest of Los Angeles? Like this has massive impact and yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we have multiple like I have friends staying here.
Speaker 4: I have multiple pets, like of other people because like people are evacuating and there's nowhere to go, or people won't let pets and all this different stuff. And it's it's, you know, every day you wait for the schools to get canceled. Not that I would probably even send my kids to school at this point, but like it's all of it's just really scary. And watching animals run down the street, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: That's always sad to watch. I mean, just everybody, every living thing is displaced.
Speaker 1: Did you see the horse that like ran back to get.
Speaker 2: Its friends the other horses?
Speaker 4: I know, I was like, Teddy, get off your phone and stop looking at this at two in the morning when you can't sleep.
Speaker 3: No, And it was just I thought of you actually, because you're you know, that's your specialty horses. And I thought, oh my gosh, this horse went back for his friends. Did you see the mountain lion with her cubs, Yes, well it's here, that was, you know, Or the dog that randomly ran up to the firefighter. I mean, it's just you know, and to see I don't know, you know, there are times in life when there are no answers. I mean, yes, there are answers, but something like this is just catastrophic.
Speaker 4: And there's nothing you can to change it. And I have to say, and not to bring this into a housewife world, but the last time there was big fires like this when we we were in Provence.
Speaker 3: I was thinking the exact same thing the last time that, like people lost their homes that we knew we were in France, we were on our way.
Speaker 1: Difference, and so we didn't.
Speaker 4: I have to say, this feels completely different beyond like we because we were in our own little like dub world of like all right, now there's five of us and we got to figure this shit out and we got to keep it moving. And so I was like, I don't know that I've lived, like there's been fires, there's been small fires here, but like to this level. And then now people getting arrested for arson.
Speaker 2: Well that's just I mean, that's despicable.
Speaker 3: But you have the Palisades, you had the Eton fire which tore out at Altadena into Pasadena.
Speaker 4: So onun, I have a question, how come I didn't know Altadena was Pasadena?
Speaker 1: And then how close is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's they're they're neighbors.
Speaker 1: How close is that to your old house.
Speaker 3: I think that one of the streets over from one of the main streets was under evacuation orders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I texted my friend Robin, who lived kind of close to you, and she like sent me a video from her backyard and she's like, we're watching a movie right now, but like look back here and you could just see fire everywhere.
Speaker 2: Orange.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I lived there many years ago, there was a fire that broke out. It was like the mountains behind and it was so fast. So I can't even imagine this fire being closer.
Speaker 4: But I have a question the difference between Altadena or Pasadena versus like the Palisades or Malibu or Santa Monica or any of those things.
Speaker 1: You can get out of Pasadena, right of course.
Speaker 3: The thing with it on the beach is though, or you know, the PCCh is one way and one way out you can you can, Yes, there are ways out, But when that fire is raging, you know, where do these people go? Where do they resettle? Where do all of these people that have lost their homes? Where did they go? If I was thinking that a lot of people would leave Los Angeles because it's easier to start over somewhere else, and a lot of people don't want to live anywhere else too. I mean, it's fifty fifty, but people have to put their kids in school.
Speaker 4: And you don't just get into any school here. It's it's a trying and tedious process.
Speaker 2: It's really too much. Yeah, I think it's best in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: But we encourage our listeners to help those affected by the fire and support the firefighters battling these fires. KCRW has a full list of resources at ww kcrw dot com and it's on the front page. Also, go Fundme has a page that has all the links for however you'd like to help. It's GoFundMe dot com, slash see slash app slash wild Fire hyphen Relief slash California. And then also I have to give a major shout out to Airbnb because they're offering free places.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to give a shout out to all of our first responders Fireman LEAs La County Shriff LAPD who are out there trying to help people the best they can.
Speaker 2: So thank you to every first responder out there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and guess who I'm saying tonight because tonight is the night that I you know, it's my non nesting night, so I have to leave the house. Guess who's also Who's going to be my roommate tonight over at Kyle's.
Speaker 2: I can only guess who.
Speaker 1: Chris Colin.
Speaker 2: No, damn it.
Speaker 4: I just texted him like, Hey, Rummy, I heard you're there.
Speaker 1: I called that at it.
Speaker 2: Did he loses home?
Speaker 1: I don't know the details.
Speaker 4: I just know that She's like, Jessa, heads up, you know Chris and Bell are there.
Speaker 1: Wow. So I didn't feel the need to grill him on it. I just was like, giving you a heads up. I get there at three.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's so fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: I should give him a text.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should. You know about Alex I do, I do.
Speaker 2: Heart breaking past member Bose lost her home in Elvis?
Speaker 1: Is that hold on?
Speaker 4: Because I and this isn't to talk show stuff, but she did something on her Instagram where she said I'm going to change something that I've been doing this last year.
Speaker 1: Is that about the fire?
Speaker 2: No? I don't know about that, but I do know that she lost her home, and.
Speaker 3: I think like some old house of ours has gone as well one of yours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, let's try to encourage people to have a little light, to find a little light or a little distraction.
Speaker 4: Erica, you were in New York, then you flew back here in the midst of this chaos.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I am feeling overwhelmed, To be perfectly honest with you, I was there doing press and did watch What Happens Live and got fitted for Chicago and put my feet back in my shoes and then flew home and Los Angeles was on fire.
Speaker 1: And I'm surprised you flew home.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to get ready. I mean I have to get ready to leave.
Speaker 3: I leave in a couple of days, and I have to get all my stuff, and I had to come back here, and I have some business here I have to sit down to do on Saturday before I leave on Sunday.
Speaker 2: So my days are stacked.
Speaker 1: And when she said sit down, she means a confessional.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: So I've got that. I've had some other things I had to do. We're doing this, and I you know, I hate doing these things via zoom.
Speaker 2: I know me too, I hate it. I much prefer to.
Speaker 3: Be in the room together but that's it, and life goes on for me on Broadway.
Speaker 4: So when you went back to New York, did you start rehearsals or like what actually happened when you were there?
Speaker 2: I was just there for a day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I flew in on a Tuesday, worked all day Wednesday. Well, on Tuesday, I actually we went down to the costumer Lia and I did and we got our costumes and like I said, put my shoes, put my shoes back on, and then went to sleep. And Wednesday morning started at like five and went all the way through What's what Happens Live, and then got on a plane Thursday morning to fly into here.
Speaker 1: And now you're back and then when do you leave again Sunday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're in it a minute. It's fair.
Speaker 1: This is a listener question for both of us. I'm like, Michael is just who knows.
Speaker 4: But do we have any dreams or goals for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean we're doing you know what's interesting? We are ten days in since January tenth. Then you know, I just I don't want to be this way, but like I just see twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: You know, like is this happening again? Like is the world.
Speaker 4: Since we have gotten to the twenties, since twenty twenty, we have yet to have a good year.
Speaker 2: May you live in interest mines. I think, is it curse?
Speaker 3: And you know we have We've not had it easy. The world has not had it easy, and it's been trying for all of us. I think that you know, what would I like to do for twenty twenty five? My my intention for twenty twenty five was to decrease my sugar intake, you know, like not try to eat now.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get through.
Speaker 1: And I was like, how's that going? Because I had a chocolate bagel right before you got on.
Speaker 4: I was like in the mirror, like like a chocolate chocolate chip bagel or the Topka bagel.
Speaker 2: Okay, then sounds lovely.
Speaker 4: I blame the kids because now this is the problem. They've learned to postmates.
Speaker 2: That's what that's my entire life.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, hold on, who ordered bagels? And it's like I did, Well.
Speaker 2: Where is she? Where do you get the chocolate bagel.
Speaker 4: From Western Bagel? It's so good I have to check it out. Oh my gosh. But yeah, we're all really excited to tell us again. The dates that you're doing Chicago, Well, I've been.
Speaker 3: In ten days January twentiethruy night.
Speaker 1: This is so good.
Speaker 4: Well, I asked the Koog's already, I'm like, I want to go see Erica, and he's like, you can stay in my apartment please.
Speaker 1: I'm so I'm ready. Whatever day you want me there, let me know and I'll come.
Speaker 4: Tuesdays and Wednesdays are then for my non nesting nights, so I'm pretty available.
Speaker 3: You know what, we could pod on Wednesdays because that's my one day off week.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, So I'll come in on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Tuesday night or whatever not.
Speaker 1: Of course, are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Of course I'm coming in the show. The last time, I was like nine months pregnant and like.
Speaker 2: You and Dove were there, we were there.
Speaker 1: I was uncomfortable. I was wearing some kind of sequined situation. It was all a mistake, but you were amazing, and here.
Speaker 2: You are back again one more time.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. All right, you guys, thanks for tuning in. We're gonna be back later next week. We're doing an interview with doctor Nadine and it's gonna be pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, be safe out there.
Speaker 3: To everyone in Los Angeles, you know sorry, our heart breaks for you.