Speaker 1: Welcome to Serial Killer. Happy Boxing day, Andrew, you're ready. I told you to listen to this episode at six o'clock. I'm gonna just put it down for a second. I don't get trouble. Here we go, ready, Oh come on with a long freakin' intro. You should know this. I do. Here it comes. You're ready, six, same day after Christmas? Yes, thank you, Ben Folds five.
Speaker 2: That is a niche niche niche niche niche, niche, very very very niche.
Speaker 1: But that's joke.
Speaker 2: But a second only happened like once every what like a.
Speaker 1: Year, once a year. That's why every I used to work the day after Christmas? Oh my god, do you know what? I what? I feel so stupid? What? What? Well? Please explain? No, it's embarrassing. Okay, then I don't even want to hear it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was He's like the Monday after Christmas? No, no, he said, and So then I was like, that could only happen once every couple of years, But nope, no, Andrew, So I used to to do the show every Oh wait, but I am right, No, you're not, because sometimes the twenty sixth is like next year, the twenty six is going to be on a Tuesday or a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Who cares? The line of the song says six am, day after Christmas.
Speaker 2: Here it is, oh, yeah, okay, we do only be able to do it. No, yes, I am right, hold up, yes I am. Give me a second.
Speaker 1: No you're not, yes, because it could be any day of the week. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's six am the day after Christmas.
Speaker 1: Well right now, when when this is released, it.
Speaker 2: Is yes, yes, but it just so happens that this Monday is the day after Christmas that we're giving them a Serial Killers episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right, you're thinking too deep. There's always going to be six am a day after Christmas. I know. Okay, so maybe so maybe it would work on bul Chat as well.
Speaker 2: Next year it's going to be Tuesday, the twenty six so we couldn't play that because Serial Killers will have been on a Monday.
Speaker 1: Well we could record it on the Tuesday then whatever, dude, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: So I thought I was dumb. I mean I still am to close.
Speaker 1: I used to work. I used to work the morning show every year on December twenty sixth because the was always off And did you play that? Yes? So like after the first song, I made a special jingle that would go Elvis Duran six am day after Christmas at the ze what hundred Bonding show, and that was it, and that was so cool. Yeah, And our friend Kubby would he would schedule that song for me. While we were still able to play that song. He would schedule it for me every year, six am, day after Christmas. That would be the first song at the six o'clock hour, and then we'll nod to you. Yeah. Then when we became more like you know, Poppy Beyonce and whatever, couldn't play that anymore. So then I just made the jingle, you know. So anyway, welcome to Serial Killers. Today is Monday, December twenty sixth, six am, day after Christmas. Unless you're listening to it at any other time than it's just the day after Christmas. And ben Folds five won't work. Yeah, I think it's just ben Folds now because I don't think there's five of them anymore, or maybe they just folded completely. I forget there were five of them. It was ben Folds five.
Speaker 2: There is a band too. I just learned that somebody who is in death Cab for Cutie. Oh yeah, death Cab for Cutie I think is postal service. Did you know those either.
Speaker 1: Of those I've heard of that. I love that song that that death Cap for Cutie has out. Oh yeah, no, the new one that they were playing, like alternative stations are playing now because they say something like all the people that are in the movies fifty years ago, they're all dead by now. Is it a new song? It's new ish, I mean it was new music, like I don't know a year ago or six months ago.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I don't know anymore. Because all ninety two to three in New York went away. That made me really sad. I loved having an alternative music station.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that in New York City there's not an alternative rock station there.
Speaker 2: It's insane to me. They used to play all the songs I really like.
Speaker 1: I once said I couldn't believe it. Then they came back and I was like yeah, and that they lasted about five or six years, and now they're gone again, and I love that station. So this is gonna be a very mini episode of Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not gonna last very long because it looks like we're doing three serials.
Speaker 1: It's a mini episode though, how was it? Oh? My god? What? So? I originally I just thought that this was a stupid kid. Here we go.
Speaker 2: What is a mini episode? Because today we'll.
Speaker 1: Be having get ready for it? Oh you moved it? You a whole This isn't new. Uh we did never start the show, hey.
Speaker 2: Because we are living in a cereal ball.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I thought when I saw these first come out, I thought it was stupid, and it probably is. So basically, it's just MANI versions of Tricks, Reese's Puffs and cinnamon TOAs.
Speaker 2: Cr Are you seeing in the back of these boxes?
Speaker 1: That's so cool? So much to do? I want to do it. So I'm telling you right now, Tricks is gonna taste the same. Reese's Puffs are gonna taste the same. However, Andrew, I'm not sure if you notice something, but the box that you're holding in your hand, there is a difference to those because they're balls, that's correct. So there's cinnamon toast crunch balls rather than you know, toast flat toast. I want to make these, what is it? So?
Speaker 2: Basically they're like little many dioramas that you can make. There's this one, this one. Yeah, many diarrheas, But that's so cool. Like this one's a table on chairs, this one's a kitchen, and this one is a fridge.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the Mini Tricks literally is just ice cream topping.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it says collect all three and then you could build a full minikit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do that. This is ice cream topping. Look at those.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness. I don't really understand why you'd have to make them smaller. And I don't actually really like that they're smaller because it kind of looks like rabbit poop.
Speaker 1: They're little? What why did you do that? I was showing the listeners the viewers that they're little.
Speaker 2: You spilled half the box on the floor, you idiot.
Speaker 1: But they're little.
Speaker 2: So now who's cleaning that up?
Speaker 1: I will get the vacuum. Oh clean it up?
Speaker 2: Oh wait aye, don't you have to get to the garden.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, pull jingle balls over here you go.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That was Did you have a nice Christmas?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know, because it's not Christmas when we're recording this.
Speaker 1: Here it goes here, it comes tricks, it's tricks. No, I mean, there was a slightly different consistency or texture to them because they're little. The bigger ones, I feel like we'll rip your mouth up a little bit. Yeah, I agree. So these are not bad, although I almost feel like there's not as much flavor in these. Is that possibility?
Speaker 2: No, you love the tricks, I do. I don't really like the consistency.
Speaker 1: Come, we got a vacuum. Thank you. She can't look at you. I pretended she did.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow acting Hey, oh they're taking the breakfast.
Speaker 1: That's okay, no one's here. They're gonna bring it home.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel. I like the taste obviously, because it's tricks. I'm gonna give it four balls in a spoon just because I don't love the consistency.
Speaker 1: And I marked it down for four bawls.
Speaker 2: The little baby balls, I think, don't necessarily make like for I don't know, it feels it's just not it's not it's not there.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's easier for children to choke on, for sure, right.
Speaker 2: But I don't love that, like they clump up. I just did, like they go in like clumps. It's it's not for me, not for you. For consistency wise, taste wise, it tastes like tricks, which I love, so.
Speaker 1: I think the full size trist tricks taste better.
Speaker 2: I think these are gonna taste really good though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know what. See they should just mark these as ice cream toppings because these will all double as ice cream toppings.
Speaker 2: So true, Like you know what, this would be great on an ice cream cone.
Speaker 1: These would be even better. This is Reese's puffs minish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna like these.
Speaker 1: I just know it.
Speaker 2: Con la verdadara, Okay, they don't need to hear your broken Spanish money, all right, monte quia, It's just let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Many Reeses is butter yes, so one.
Speaker 2: I only know that from the South Park episode because when Butters went missing, I think that was the episode they'd call him monteqiya.
Speaker 1: But wait, which word? Which word is peanut? Because montequilla because real is yellow. I don't know which word peanut is? Right? This is butter?
Speaker 2: Ho's conlan verdadera. Maybe it's verdadera, No, because look at the real. No, that means real real Reese's peanut, butter, mantequilla di money whatever, Maybe it's money. Did you put milk in this.
Speaker 1: I did. We're almost out, so I'm rationing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could tell Okay, ready, time to eat this. Let's see how it tastes.
Speaker 1: I still feel like it has just a little bit less flavor than the full size. Is that possible?
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you. I like it better as many.
Speaker 1: How about the giant xcel ones? You want to try those? Now? The big buffs? Try the big puffs?
Speaker 2: No, why I hate big puffs? They scratch your mouth. I will say these are good because they don't scratch your mouth up. Same thing with the track. I'm not eating it.
Speaker 1: So how did every one of my jackets fall on the floor.
Speaker 2: I'm not eating it. I'm not doing it. I've had it before on this show, during this like every time we do a Reese's puff, you always bring these out. No, I want to god, there's such a true mm hmmnd.
Speaker 1: Are it like? The're just great? I like the regular size better. No, I'm got more bang from my buck. I feel giving this one also four balls.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give us one five balls.
Speaker 1: That is good.
Speaker 2: I really like it. It's super peanut buttery.
Speaker 1: Did you really just five ballt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's delicious.
Speaker 1: Look at the difference in size. That's an XL. If you're watching, I'm hand jamming. I can't believe you're jamming your hand in there. Look at that. It's so small.
Speaker 2: That was your brain before you started listening. This is your brain now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. These are so stale.
Speaker 2: I feel like a super villain. I could crush you.
Speaker 1: These are best off used by November twenty twenty. Oh.
Speaker 2: I was gonna blow the dust, but then it didn't. It just playing like a pancake.
Speaker 1: Because it's so stale. Ew it's three years stale. Dude? Do I do with this?
Speaker 2: Just throw it in the garbage can I'm not gonna make it into the I it okay.
Speaker 1: There's maybe a half an inch in between the two garbage peals, and that's where you got it. You could never do that again if you tried.
Speaker 2: Did that happen only recently with something else too?
Speaker 1: Yes? Everything you throw in the garbage can you miss? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Actually, all right, can you blow the board?
Speaker 1: There's crumbs. We'll be back right after this. Oh crumbs, and we're back. Welcome back to Serial Killers, the podcast where we talk about cereal. This is the mini episode apologies that it's going to be a little shorter than usual, but you know, Andrew has to get to the garden. So this one is a little intriguing to me. There's been lots of cinnamon host crunches lately. They got the rolls and the truros.
Speaker 2: They're really expanding, I feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. And they have the powder, the cinna dust, yeah, and then they have there's some.
Speaker 2: Other cocoa pancakes. They're doing everything, yes, oatmeals, and it's crazy that they're expanding into all these different franchises because I feel like.
Speaker 1: Well, see they're licensing their name for that stuff. The cereal is really the only place that it's at. The other stuff General Mills just licenses out the name. Yeah. So this one is interesting to me because you know, cinnamon TOAs crunches little pieces of toast, so they're flat little squares.
Speaker 2: True, these are balls, So how is it going to translate?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I wish we had a Cinnamatas crunch square that we could just put the two little balls underneath it, because it's like Cinnamonta's crunch balls, you know, because they have faces and they just put balls underneath them. I think it'd be funny. It would be funny.
Speaker 2: Oh you wear hoot and holler, you're a jark. All right, let's smell it. Oh, that's a lot of cinnamons. Look at that. What you know what the mini shape really they can coat like they could do double the coating when you think about it, because the mini shape, they're like four of these equals one square, right.
Speaker 1: Probably even more than four. Today we're using a two to two percent reduced fat milk. Not a sponsor, easier on digestion, not a sponsor, Not a sponsor should.
Speaker 2: Be I think I cut my lip on this spoon. I don't know how good once you think, hmm.
Speaker 1: They're good. Yeah, but you don't really expect balls from Cinnamento's crunch, so it's a little strange. H I'm I do you know? I'm gonna just say I like the flat ones better. I like the regular traditional CTC better, got cereal lingo? Oh it is hm really well? I mean their instagram is CTC squares cool? Did you know that?
Speaker 2: No? I don't follow Cinnamon Toa's crunch on Instagram?
Speaker 1: How do you not follow cinnamon Toa's Crunch. You're a cereal.
Speaker 2: Podcaster, Well, our podcast does. I don't need to personally see what Cinnamon Toa's Crunch is doing on my personal page.
Speaker 1: There's not enough cinnamon sugar. It disappears a lot in the milk. I think I actually disagree with that. Okay, there's much more cinnamon sugar flavor on the flat pieces because the area is able to accept the spice.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely getting a lot of it. I'm gonna give this. This is hard.
Speaker 1: It gets three bowls in a spoon for me.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that's mean. It's not mean, it's four balls in a spoon. It's it's not the Cinnamon Toa's Cunch are used to do feel like the original versions of the cereal. Chances are you're probably gonna like the minis. Yeah, it's really not that big of a difference.
Speaker 1: Again, throat on ice cream.
Speaker 2: It's unnecessary, Okay, but they were good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's gonna be twenty twenty three in the next episode, I know. I hope we can record it.
Speaker 2: We will, Okay, Sorry, spoonies are coming next year. We appreciate you all.
Speaker 1: I when you say next year, it sounds so far away in the next month or so.
Speaker 2: Okay, so next year you're getting the spoonies. We appreciate you guys for listening. What a great year. It was a great year. Andrew, we did it. Thank you for being by my side. Oh, thank you, Scott.
Speaker 1: Really we've done a lot with this podcast. Yeah we have. We still don't have anybody sponsoring us after three years.
Speaker 2: Maybe things will change in the new year.
Speaker 1: Well will this coming year be four years or three years? We started in twenty nineteen, so this is gonna be four years in mais March right, Yeah, big things for us, I hope. So in the new year. Well, you know what, no matter what, we've persevered and we've gone on. Yeah, like all these other podcasts fail or not fail, but just give up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're consistent, right.
Speaker 1: Like look at some of the other serial podcasts. Last episode was like twenty twenty one, so true, we don't miss them. Yeah, just go every week. And we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Guys, the listeners for always listening and tuning in and checking in on us when there isn't an episode, because we really try and be consistent.
Speaker 1: For you guys. Yeah, and check our website Serial KILLERSPC dot com for our brand new address that you can send cereal to because if you send it, the old address will never get it. Yes, I found out today that they're not even forwarding stuff.
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so everything will just be abandoned or return to senders. That's sad. Yep. Okay, well so anyway, check serial KILLERSPC dot com click on send us cereals our addresses there.
Speaker 2: And thank you all for a really great year. We appreciate you more than you ever know.
Speaker 1: Yes, please follow us on social platforms at serial Killers PC. Yep, and if you're watching, hit that.
Speaker 2: YouTube subscribe button. We're almost at a thousand subscribers for the.
Speaker 1: New Year's that'd be great. Yeah yeah, Happy twenty twenty three. All right, Andrew, I'll have a very safe and happy New Year's Eve, New Year's Day. Thank you for being with us. We love you, we appreciate you, and until we see you next year. Say crunch, Andrew, crush. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I don't have a horn beer. No like the New Year's horn beer, and that horn me goodbye, Beck