Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody? Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with my brother b D. What's happening, Bro, how you feeling wants something? My guy?
Speaker 1: Uh, damn, damn, damn, damn. You gotta good run man.
Speaker 2: It's off season. Welcome to the off season. Text again. We get to hang out more. Bro. My mom text me after the game. I still ain't text her back, and I know she thinks I'm mad. I actually thought, well, I hope you went to you got your fishing stuff out of the store. It's time for you to go fishing. And then she sent me this, Come on, man, come yeah.
Speaker 1: And I gotta give a shout out to the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: You ain't gotta get them, no shout out and just shout out to the city man. Shouting out enough they won't. I don't need no shout out. They doing it. We need a shout out. We died first.
Speaker 1: I want to give a shout out to the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Championship. I want to shot them. They still going yet.
Speaker 1: They be my dogs. They don't shut dogs in the fight. Dogs in the fight. They proved me wrong.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, it was an interesting series. You know Minnesota is sneaky because they got size, they got speed, they got offensive time, they got a lot of dudes that can do a lot of different things, and they can play different styles. I think Sam Minnesota playing against the Lakers, Lebron Luca.
Speaker 2: Lakers are small. They bullied them up then came.
Speaker 1: Back with you guys, and you know, Game one was different. Stuff goes out. You guys are still small, and so they have every advantage. They play big small ball, which is interesting and you know in this type of NBA because now you know you're looking at six eight six nine, six eight sixty seven and then maybe if Comedy's out there, you know, six feet and so I think in this series it was just a matter of speed. They were quicker, they were quicker to the ball. You know, they just have more weapons. When you're playing against a team like this, it is hard to focus on one particular thing when they have so many different that can beat you. And it wasn't just Anthony Edwards. It's never just been all Anthony Edwards. It's been Julius Randall, it's been McDaniel's, it's been Mike Conley, nas Reed really the nas read, Rudy go bear, you know them enterchanging in.
Speaker 2: And out the game.
Speaker 1: That that fuck a lot of teams up. You fought you had a couple of games. If you would have made the games murky, if you would have made the games under one hundred, I think you know, I tried to be under a hundred, under one hundred five, slow the pace down, then it would have worked in your figure. But at the end of the day, they just wore y'all down. And then without having Steph Curry, it was tough because they have the physical presence and athletic talent to match up well against pretty much any team in the West. The way I'm looking at Minnesota, this is my first time really really really sam up.
Speaker 2: When I look at this series, it reminds me a lot of the Toronto series. And what I mean by that is matchups are extremely important, you know, offensively and defensively. The matchups are extremely important to the outcome of that game. Like there's some series that you can you can lose a guy, you can be without a guy, you can win still and like be fine based up on the matchup with those teams. When we when we lost to Toronto, it's like one injury changes all of the matchups, so right, So like say, for instance, Jaden McDaniel's would be glued to Steph Curry the entire series, no question, right, Like that will be the guy who they go to for Jaden mcdone for Steph. If Jada mcdanie's is struggling in foul trouble, the next guy they'd actually probably go to would be En who I think they put on Steph, right, Like if he gets some foul trump and chase Steph around, all right, So then what that does to the rest of the rest of the matchups, it's vitally important to how these games play out. Now with no Steph and Jadon McDaniels don't have to chase Steph around. Now Jaden McDaniels is on me or Jimmy or there's times where En was on me. Right, They're moving pieces around that you can't necessarily move around. So for instance, when we played Toronto and why why this series reminded me so much of that Toronto had all of those same things. They had point guard play, they had great wing player, they had good Wayne play off the bench, Norman Poull coming off the bench, Oh, Gianna Nobi coming off the bench, right, they had a really good power for playing at it e Lee level in Pascal Siako, Minnesota has a really good power for playing at an ALI level. And Julie is randall right, But some games it was Mark gasolda hurt Us right, Rudy Gobert obviously not the same style game. I'm just saying, but it's just a position, just yes, just position. But some games Sergei Baker hurt Us nahs reed, you see what I'm saying. So that's why, that's why the series reminded me so much that from a matchup perspective, it ends up then changing all of the matchups. That change is the lineup, so where you whereas you may go a certain lineup to cover this, you don't necessarily go that lineup because you're missing such a big piece. And so like when when I get in these series, I've been through so many of them that you can always immediately like, oh, this is that. And what I mean by that is like you can you can you can drop from your foul cap exactly this Houston series, Memphis two thousand and fifteen all over again. Right, Like, so you go back to like all of these series like this and the Toronto series is what this Minnesota series was to me, and saying that man, really really good ball club. When I take a step back and obviously removed myself from just playing in the series and just look at the series from a basketball fan perspective or a basketball analysis perspective, what I love most is it wasn't all like It wasn't like at and just had to dominate the ball or dominate the game like he made it. He had his imprint on every game. But it wasn't just like at big scoring Knights, at go for forty five and they win, like it was kind of all over the place. Julius played great. Julius is incredible. Another reason why I said this series is like Toronto to me is because for this reason I've been through. I think that was my thirty fourth playoff series. I could be off by one or two, give it take each way, could be thirty six, I don't know. Something of that nature. Call it for the sake of doing numbers, Call it my thirty third playoff series. The only other playoff series where I felt like I lost my matchup like that, I didn't completely dominate my matchup. Take over my matchup. The only other series really in my career where I feel like I lost my matchup Toronto, I felt like I lost my matchup to Pascal Siako. Game one, he crushed me. Game two, I stifled him, like maybe game four, game game three he was on. Game four, I had a better game, but I felt like I lost my matchup in that series. And this series also reminds me of that series because it's also a series where I don't feel like I lost my matchup. I lost my matchup. Like Julius was incredible and he played great basketball and obviously like some of the shots he was taken with shots that you want him to take, and he made him you know what I'm saying, And like he made the shots. Like at the end of the day, the game oftentimes come down to shot making, and he made the shots. And so gotta get drew a lot of credit. Man, I've been playing against Julius. I remember going back to the first preseason game or playing against him in San Diego, California. We was playing in this game, and like the court like we end up I think we end up stopping the game, like right after halftime or something, because the court was slippery. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same game that if you remember the clip, Kobe's picking up Steph four court, picking up Steph four court, and Steph hit the three and tap him and either Steph taps him or he taps Steph or something like. But if I'm not mistaken, it was that same game that was my first time ever playing against you, and at that time, Jew had this move where he come down, he got the ball in his right hand, he throw the ball to his right his left hand and he stutter step And I had never really faced the guy like that yet in the league. He was young coming in, so I struggled guarding that move. So when we played them the next preseason game, I watched a ton of clips that move and I'm like, oh, I know what I need to do to that move now. And we played the next preseason game and I shut the move down. We've been kind of having these little battles since Jew came into the league, and obviously this is the first one on the playoff level. But I got to give it to him. Man, he got the better he got the better. I mean, with all respect, you know, I'm never a guy who's going to hide from the truth. He was a tough cover, one of the tougher covers I've had in the playoffs. And it was very interesting because it did not feel like that series was as physical ass the Houston series.
Speaker 1: No, it was more physical. It just wasn't all the bullshit shenanigans. Like they got a greater level of respect for y'all, even when Steph went ours right, Like, I will say this, you have to watch Minnesota play in order to appreciate you said something up about ed Ant gets his money, and he gets his money with everybody else getting their money too. And I didn't know that they can beat you in so many different ways and not only like the three is not they live or die because Aunt go to the home the Dan, you will go to the home. Now as we go to the who you know, Collie still can penetrate, you know, pull up, run, pick and roll.
Speaker 2: So they got a couple different styles.
Speaker 1: And then adding Julius Randall, who's my boy, that's my young dog. Great offense beat great defense all the time. I disagree, but it did that all the time.
Speaker 2: Great like you play. It is a cliche staying that I disagree with you definitely did this time. Man.
Speaker 1: As a defender, there's been times where I've played probably the I played the best defensive possession on Alan Iverson and he made the shot.
Speaker 2: No, man, that's great. But but but then there's times where you played the best defensive possession and shut guys down. So I just disagree with the statement. It's a very cliche statement that I understand what people saying, but I disagree with. But this time, no question, no question.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and you know a lot of those shots is his talent and Minnesota when they when I see and I see Julius player like that, and I see what mcgay you can do with a little bit of freedom, what he did in the Lakers series coming off of that.
Speaker 2: And you've got Devincenzo, who's a dog, right.
Speaker 1: You got nas Reed who's a matchup problem, right because he moves like a guard.
Speaker 2: And so it's just a lot of and then Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 1: If you get two three good games out of Rudy Gobert where he got a double double, then it's like, god damn. They're hard to stop. But aftert y'all played hard. I thought y'all gave it y'all. I do think that. I don't know if y'all was expecting another version of the Houston series, But like they they weren't into none of the bullshit. They just stoopid. It was just hard, yeah, super hard. They played y'all tough. It wasn't no bullying. We ain't gonna be staring him down. We go is hit or be hit, right, And I think as a whole, you guys were hair for that because he just hit a little bit harder than Houston and he got on with their business right where Houston man hit. You could have been tricky, work up the game and now it's the thing. They was just oh my bad.
Speaker 2: I tell you this, though busy, there are more like they were physical for sure, But I'll tell you in playing the game, that game wasn't as physical as as Houston. It wasn't as physical because that's what Houston has to do in order to stay in again, right right. And so when I tell you it wasn't as physical, I'm telling you first, I've been in a million of these things. As you know, it was not as physical. It was a level of physicality, obviously a high level of playoff physicality for sure, but the skill level was so much higher than Houston that the game was never even allowed to get to that level of physicality because it's moving, you know. It's like it's more just didn't playing a drum, you know, like if you want to equate it to a musical instrument, Houston's like beating a drum, whereas this is like on the piano, this is you know, like on the guitar this is. This was like fine, high level, high skill movement with obviously playoff physicality for sure, you're in a playoff series, but it couldn't even reach that level of physicality because it's too much motion, you know what I'm saying, It's too much exactly. And so that's kind of my my takeaway from it. It's not like, yeah, they were physical for sure, Like it's a level of playoff physicality that is going to be met anyway, But it was so much higher level skill that I don't even think the game could reach that level because you can't even chuck somebody or grab somebody like because the game is moving at such a different tune, you know what I'm saying. That was kind of my my takeaway. I think something I noticed defensive with them too, is like and obviously with Steph on the floor, defensive game plans can change. But I felt like they did a good job of moving Rudy Gobert around and taking advantage of his strains. So oftentimes you get in these playoff series and this could be finished. You know, they had a year with Rudy last year's right, so you get the opportunity to go through it. Then you've see it. You get an opportunity to study it over the course of the summer, see what you can do. And obviously last year when they were in the Western Conference finals, I did the games with T and T and so I saw all the games. I saw how Dallas was able to exploit Rudy Gobert, And in playing them this year, I felt like they did a really good job of putting Rudy Gobert in positions to take advantage of his strains. Because it does come fall upon coaching, where for instance, if Steph Curry is a knockdown three point shooter but can't get to the hole right like he does, just saying hypothetically, if he's the three point shooter that he is, but he cannot get to the hole. So if they take the three away, he's done. Well, guess what that coach job is to do? You better find a way to get him some threes up, because that's your job. That's what he specializes in. Right, For some reason, defensively, it's never viewed that way. And so Rudy Gobert clearly has a toolkit of strains in his defensive repertoire. And it is the opposing coach's job to put him in positions to be unsuccessful, to put him in positions to make him uncomfortable. Right, that is the opposing coach's job. Well, guess what his coach job is, continue to find ways to put him him in positions to use his strengths to be successful. And I thought they did an incredible job this series of putting him in the positions to be successful, shifting their defenses around, like shifted schemes mid played to kind of drop him to the paint, Like I thought they did a really good job. But at this series, and there were some plays where we drove to the whole and Rudy Gobert didn't even step over to help, which I knew in their series, and that's their game plan. Their game plan was to press out and take the three out of the game. Obviously, as a big man, your tendency is for big like that is you see the ball into the room, you fundling, And that's how you could take advantage of Rudy at times because he fund away you hit the three. Toast did an incredible job man of not funneling in sticking to the game plan. They put him in positions to play their strangths. So I thought that was really good. I think as they moved forward in this next series, whether that's Denver or Oka, see that that will be vital again because the reality is can Nago, Nailes read and Julius random? Yes, could that possibly win them a series? Yes? But when you got all three of them working, and you can go to what Rudy brings because he brings a totally different thing from those two guys. So when you can have that strength of yours working as well, it makes them a much dangerous team. And I think they had all three of them working against that's what It's made them a much more dangerous team than they would be if they just got two of them working. So I thought that was something that I noticed in playing, but also watching the films, It's like, man, they did a much better job of putting Rudy in positions defensively to where he can take advantage of hit strengths and not just be exposed and where he may have some weaknesses as everyone does.
Speaker 3: The NBA eighty two game grind is done. Now the real fun begins the NBA Playoffs. Love them, They're here. Time for drama, clutch moments, Steph Curry, Lebron John plays, I can't wait. If you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, DraftKings sports Book cash you cover. They're the official sports betting partner of the NBA, playing games all the way to the finals. Now's the time to back your favorite players and teams as they chase glory. So all season long, DraftKings been the go to spot for NBA player props. That doesn't stop now. If you want to make your playoff experience even more intense, try placing a bet in your favorite player's performance. Will they drop thirty, forty, who knows or more? It's your call. If you're ready to place your first bet, download the Draft Kings sports Book app takes ninety seconds. Lock in your bets and let's make the playoffs unforgettable. Here's something special for first timers. DraftKings customers that are new bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks and get two hundred bonus bets instantly. Just make it a playoff run to remember. With DraftKings, download their sports book app takes ninety seconds to cod's colin coln that is code colin. New customers get two hundred bucks in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one to tendred Gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent Eligibility varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets ekspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKANNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: They had time the West West Series against Houston, and like I was saying, I think what they caught on to was when you guys penetrate, you don't penetrate to score, and so that's.
Speaker 2: Why they stay home. They were like, yo, we.
Speaker 1: Cannot We don't want the Warriors to shoot a high volume of furious weather stuff is on the floor, not we want them to drive in. And a lot of times I's seen a purgatory. You get stuck in purgatory where it's like, oh, I got the ball, Damn I don't have the three. Nobody is else open. I'm in the middle of the court right with a stamp or a move to the basket, but I'm looking out. I'm looking for, you know, my spots. And when Rudy didn't challenge at the basket and they were able to stay home, especially when how he was rotating them and and all rotating the man with Looney rotating them out, putting nasrit kind of you know, confusing. I would say the offense and the defense. But I think they did a good job was taking away the three and making you guys make two. You guys did a good job. I want to say it was game three. I thought that game was had because you market the game. He went to the hull, you got steals, you you know you won, looking for the three. He was taking the three when it was opportune time. But like I think this era basketball like it's like crazy bro, Like you can get to the front of the rim and like nobody's there, and then if Rudy Gobert is there, like no disrespect to him or big dudes, Like I don't know. In our era, we kind of like getting to the whole challenge in the big dude. I don't see that as much in this era. But I thought Game three was probably our best game. Yeah, I had to win Game two. You I just I don't know what the fuck was happening with in game two.
Speaker 2: But Game two I felt like I felt like we went into Game two and we didn't think we could win. Like that was the feeling. That is the feeling that I had on the court. It was like Game two, we didn't feel like we can win. Game three we could have won, We should have won. And I played fucking awful. I was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last five minutes was oh gosh, I say at the house, yelling.
Speaker 2: I never found the rhythm of the game. I played terrible. So that's why we lost Game three, and I thought that's a game that we could have won. But I played terrible in the.
Speaker 1: Situation like that, right, You're never gonna get the benefit of the doubt for sure. So the little fouls and ship like that. That was that that kind of really hurt because you know, on the dunk, you didn't even.
Speaker 2: Follow them, you know, I didn't file. You know, it was interesting though. I got fined for that, and then you don't.
Speaker 1: Get the challenge, so you lose a time out, so then we Yeah, and then they called the office a foul on you uh with the cominga thing, which I thought, I think they replaced it. It's stupid, hiss heir. They can call a file before. Like, man, you're supposed to be judging. Was it a foul on cominga who grabs somebody? That's the whole man, that's the whole point of sports. Get away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's stupid. But I used to shoot jumpers at He used to always do this after I see you always do like just and you know, Shane Battier, we do this to couple saying right there, like, man, we were gonna go to the replay, right, and we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Penalize the person who tripped Shane Battie ain't so he got right here, and you know what I mean, they ain't looking at But I thought I thought that hurt. But man, I think Gang two y'all didn't think that Chak would win or think that Chaco compete. Game three, it was like, oh, ship, it's still one one. We can actually compete. And then I think it was just more I don't know if it was fatigue or just not having that to get over the hump.
Speaker 2: And then from there it was just like all right, battle. From that point, we're gonna fight, but this series swing. Yeah, we're gonna but yeah, yeah, yeah, Like it ain't just like we're gonna fight it. We're gonna win because they don't fight like no, they they're still good and they fight. So that's kind of what it brought down to.
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna wear it now because now it's like you're fighting and you're like, damn, man, where our knockout puncher at It's like, damn, he's still over there sitting. It's like if we could have stolen another one, and people was asking me about Steph the jury. Like somebody was like, man, when you just play if you're like, of course he would play if he could play. But if you can't play in the playoffs, you can't play. It ain't nothing you can do. And coming back you gotta be all the way right because you're literally a half a quarter. Like I remember I pulled my halmstring in the Dallas series and if it wasn't for just the momentum, like my hamstring was tore, I was just like, fuck it, we're gonna we're gonna ride into the wheels fall off, right, But you know in stuff, situation is different. He can't but he can't move, so there's no reason to get out there. And now you're looking at your big puncher, you knockout punching, like, damn dude. All right, we're gonna keep boxing and squabbing with these dudes. But like, damn our head, if we had our if we had our knockout guy over here, it'll be a different story. And so when you playing like that, you really just like you said, up heilbattle playing a Savan.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, we've seen Steph play through a million injuries. Have strange squads, dass muscles. If he could have gave us sixty percent, I say no. If he could have gave us seventy percent, I still say no, that's not the answer. So moving on. It was great to you know, bounce back this year throughout the course of the year and not see a whole year just go to by the wayside real actually you know, make you know, give ourselves a chance.
Speaker 1: But y'all had a chance to win it too, y'all absolute it. Yeah, I had a strong chance. I had a strong belief. And then the way y'all bounce back and put your name in the hat, you put your name back on the board outside of like, damn, we're about to be mediocre and get it and be you.
Speaker 2: Know men, you're not med no more. Fact back to yeah, and I think we got a chance. Now where are you? Like? All right? So one of the toughest things is, you know, to do in this league is like it's hard to fill the top of a roster, meaning you got staff to then plug a Jimmy Butler in Like that's a very hard thing to do in the NBA, where how people work, with how franchises work, it's a very tough thing to do. I think we've done the tough part now, Like we added a Jimmy Butler, So now you can now look at your roster and say, okay, we want to improve here, we want to add this thing because we now know, okay, this is the stylard that game that Jimmy plays, we need to add X. Right. Like now you're accounting for different things and you're able to really build this team the way it should be built. And so that's that That to me, headed into the off season is the exciting part, you know, of where it's like, yo, we got a chance to fine tune this thing and put it together and give it another go or two or three. You know. So I think we all can still compete at that level. We've shown that, we know that regardless of what people may feel with shown we know we can still compete at that level, which is huge moving forward to the on to the to the off season. I think we move forward in a much better position this year than we were in last year. So I'm excited about that. Obviously, you know this this league is very unforgiving. You know, got to survive the off season. But we'll see what happened. Yeah, man, you know, off season gonna be tough. But I think for.
Speaker 1: Getting Jimmy miss season, well you telling me miss season was not the All Star Game?
Speaker 2: Did you say yes? Okay?
Speaker 1: So like getting him towards the telling this season, uh and working that chemistry. But also I think it was a learning and discovery thing for Steve Kurr as will because you had Jonathan Kaminga, you had ya had you had a I like to say, like had a competitive team and young talent was emerging. Now you look at you know, comingus playing the playoffs in Houston. Also in the Minnesota series, you know, the young guys being able to with Steph coming up, with Steph not being able to close out that last series, with the young guys being able to assume on them all those minutes, It's gonna breed a lot of maturity for them, right Talking about the words future, looking at next season, like what do you think is going to be the focus most importantly? You know, going into the summer that got to improve.
Speaker 2: Can't come back looking at the exact saying you're going into the summer you got to improve. So that's number one, and I think everyone will have that mindset. I think as far as the young guys go, when you get those opportunities, that can be a gift in the curse, right, Like you can get those opportunities sometimes before you may be ready for it, you know, But I think we all believe as NBA players that we're always ready for it, right the delusion in our minds as athletes, which is what allows us to make it to this point, because you have to have some sort of delusion in your mind and believing that you're one of the three hundred or four hundred best players in the world to play in this league. You have to have a little delusion in your mind to believe that. So we all have that thing in this league. Young guys will come in, including all of us that came in, and think you're ready for something before you are. That can be a gift in the curse in this league because you could have the potential to do something and not quite be ready in that moment, but you will then be judged off the moment as opposed to the potential, as opposed to if people never see you do it, then they'll just continue to say it's potential. But the potential could still be there even if you struggle in that moment. So, for instance, I think Brandon Pozewski struggled a bit in this series right now. I feel like his best game was probably the last game of the series, because he struggled right now today in year two, a little bit in the series against some guys who's been through it now And because he struggled, does that now mean that the potential isn't there because he struggled a bit in this moment, or after year two and having that moment, does he now say, oh, Okay, they did X, Y, and Z to me in this series that made me struggle. Now I know that now I can go get better and improve up on that thing sum for you. And then what an organization has to decide is do I believe that that guy is going to do that work? Right? I've been playing with her for two years now, I know he's one of the guys that will do that work. I actually got a text from him earlier today asking me, what do you think I need to improve up on this summer? Right?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: That is the type of kid that he is and young man. I'm not gonna call him a kid. He's a young man. But that's the type of young man he is. He works, he and so his thing like what do I need to do? What did you see that I need to be better at that I could do to improve up on myself next year? Right? And so when I look at our young guys, they all show promise, They all grew from where they were last year. And so will every single one of them be back on this team next year just off short numbers in the way this business work, probably not, That's what every team in the NBA, That's just what it is. But I do think all of our young guys from VP Moses, JK, Trace, Guie Santos, Quinn posts, the list goes on and on. I think all of them show that they improved, They showed promise, and in order to do that, they've shown work ethic. Where does it all shake out going into next year? Who knows? Man, this business you can just you can never be so sure, right, Like you're going to have to evaluate Jonathan right, Like we all know his talent, we all know what we believe, we all believe he could be. But now you have to make a huge financial commitment, Like it won't be JK at whatever his number is now, like, it's a huge financial So that has to look different for everybody, right, that has to look different for JK first and foremost. He's the athlete, right Like, he's the one that got to do the work. He the one that got to sign a contract, So it has to look different for him first and foremost. Right from an organizational standpoint, all of that stuff has to come together. And I love Jk's answer in this press conference. He said, Listen, we all gotta sit down and we gotta figure it out. It's gonna take a while to figure it out. Free agency does take a while. It's gonna take a while to figure this out, he said. But I appreciate coach Kirk because he's helped me get here where I am at. And man, that's such a responsible, great well thought answer because trust because it's true, like has it always gone the way you wanted to go? No, But that's probably with ninety nine percent of basketball players in the NBA. If you talk to a guy, most guys are gonna tell you I could do more of this. They don't let me Like, that's just the nature of what we do. Right, So we all have our trials and tribulation, our peaks in our valleys, right, his value was more on frontreet for everybody. Yes, but we all have our peaks in our valleys. And the reality is what he said is correct. I love the way he handled it. One thing's for certain. I said, this is my ex interview. Whether it's here or somewhere else, he gonna get paid and he's gonna have a very bright future. So I don't think he has anything to worry about. Everybody knows what he's capable of. He will get paid here or he will get paid somewhere else. That's it, and that's all. And so I think the future for him is as bright as as ever been.
Speaker 1: Earlier this season, you talked about guaranteeing the championship. You know you guys, I believe, and I'm not making excuses. I think you know, with Steph, you had a good chance, so you know you put yourself in an elite category. Earlier this season as well, Steph mentioned about the last ride, right, and then he recently mentioned that he wants the ride to last as long as possible.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So now with Jimmy right now headed into the offseason, are you back in this championship? Pedigree or championship guaranteed pedigree, because it wasn't kat right now, that was speaking from what you guys felt, and earlier in the season it was more so we just want to have an opportunity. And then now it's different, right Ah, Yeah, I think it's definitely different. I think, you know, our mindset going into next year will be that going into every year. I think every team say, yo, we want to compute for a championship, and you know when that shar really when it's not.
Speaker 2: In the reality for most people, I personally believe wholeheartedly and we all do that we will be right there next year giving ourself a shot at it, just like we was giving ourselves a shot out. We gave our shot our self a shot at it this year, and I think we will retool and make the roster make even more sense and come back. And also I think another thing that I'm looking forward to is we get to play a whole year, so we come out, we can take care of business and we ain't got to play catch up all year, you know, Like for the we've been in the playoffs since February, like every game mattering in tensity level, like we've been in the playoffs since February just to get to the moment. And so I think for us now being able to go through a full season and obviously you need to stay healthy and all of those things, like, we can put ourselves in better position to be successful. And I think, you know that's that'll be big for us. But the goals will be the goals, which is going coming out of competing and trying to win a championship. That will be our goal. One thousand percent. I do believe we are capable of. I stand on that one hundred percent. So you know, Jimmy, Steph, myself, we'll all be in the weeds, you know, trying to make it all make sense, you know, for what we believe we need, what it needs to look like, we'll be in the weeds. So yeah, right back out of man.
Speaker 1: And if y'all want to include me, I'm up, uh, you know, for assistant to the assistant GM. And if I would to put my GM hat on just sandwich on knee, I would say, you just need dynamic athleticism, and you need somebody with some game.
Speaker 2: Like somebody like you.
Speaker 1: Need somebody that's you know, you need that that wild card score that threat that whether he's six eight and get to the hole. Just somebody who's just a scoring machine to the basket catch three. Just somebody who just hey man, if this dude get hot, we definitely win it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And then I would say dynamic athleticism, right, six' ten, versatility seven foot shot blocker that can run to the rim and. Dump just a few little pieces like, that because when you think about, now the way the league is transitioning is getting back to the, bigs is getting back to the dominant power, force is getting back to second chance shots are the shots that are gonna beat. You so long, threes you know a lot of threes long, rebeulds but second chance, points. Rebeulds that's that's always going to be the deciding. Factor AND i just think for The, warriors a little, small a little, slow, right, uh but elite talent and if you can mix some of that with you, know some hyperactivity and some strong, athleticism, uh and people that can get to the.
Speaker 2: Red y'all be on. Stop you talked.
Speaker 1: About getting into, weeds right, You Stephan jimmy getting in the. Weeds you don't do that usually or ever outside of THE. Kd you got in the, weeds GOT. Kd so when you Say.
Speaker 2: I'm getting in the, weeds uh, hmmm, yeah he was, conversation you, know because at the end of the, day when you're trying to compete for a, championship the front office may think they need to bring in a guy that you, know like, YOA i play against this guys like he ain't it you know What i'm. Saying so that's WHEN i, say, like you got to get into Wis like there's just something because, again LIKE i, SAID i think you, know we filled out the roster at the, top and so with that being one of the toughest, things like now you need guys you, know like, yo, man when we play against this, GUY i love when when they bring that when that team bring that guy on the, quarter now we're gonna go sign, Him like, nah you don't want that, guy you. Know and so WHEN i say get in the, weeds like that's WHAT i, mean like you gotta give some input at times because what can be seen from the stands or what can be seen from some, numbers and it ain't always what it. Seems when you're trying to compete for a.
Speaker 1: Championship and sometimes the dude, think, hey you know that plays great against, you and you, know maybe the dude y'all looking for is sitting on somebody bitch that's super talented and playing behind one of these one or two. Scores the league is full of, scores and the league is full of versatile.
Speaker 2: Scores AND i.
Speaker 1: Think the ability to bring someone into the game that can get their own money and get money for other people just by, default, right it's going to be a game changer for you, guys because you already have highly, talented skilled guys that can catch and shoe penetrating. Shoe you, know y'all learning how to make place for each. Other but you meet that one dude that's, like, man if he paul fake and get to the middle of the, pay he gonna try and dunk or finish or do something.
Speaker 2: Different, Right you need you need.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a counter so the attack is not the same guyet every. Time and that's where that's Where i'm, thinking like someone six say six' nine and really get out of here and.
Speaker 2: Put some points on. The board and that's how it was a comp, For somebody because, to me it sounds like you're explaining like. A superstar so who who is a comp of someone you're, speaking.
Speaker 1: LIKE if i were to comp like on the, GUARD side i say like someone.
Speaker 2: Like A, lou will Like A Lou, lou.
Speaker 1: Wills like somebody who can just is just dynamic at getting their.
Speaker 2: Own money give him, the ball get out.
Speaker 1: The way if, he cooks we win every time because he know How To who AND then i say on the on the, other side like who who is The next Pascal? Siaka mark who is the next kind of uh.
Speaker 2: Make forty five?
Speaker 1: Million, dollars, no, No no i'm saying that there's a young dude that plays like that on one of, these, Teams, right uh some of these young Dudes, on, Portland right charlotte got, a, couple well you know, YOUNG dudes i say on the, guard Side Like. Trey man if y'all got Him, from charlotte that's somebody. Like that from the. Guard perspective on the big, guy side Even The sims Sims Or, mitchell robinson somebody that's just got The Dude the lakers didn't Walk the charlotte Kid Like.
Speaker 2: Mark, wi yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody big just you need a big athletic person that can come in and play a lot of a lot of, junk, minutes right and a lot of glue minutes because they'll be able to get. A duck, you know they have a big game, eighteen rebounds, fourteen rebounds then they kind of take a lot of pressure off of the impact that you're gonna have on your body.
Speaker 2: Next YEAR so i would bring in a bunch of young.
Speaker 1: Athletic dudes on top of the YOUNG dudes, i got but just kind of like dynamic talent that can just be the force y'all need to get through. The seasons you're not banged up by, the playoffs. No doubt and then in, the playoffs now you got. The hype you used to have the height WHEN yea i was winning. The championships you have to hike the size and then we y'all.
Speaker 2: Go small it was.
Speaker 1: A rat now you gotta kind of get your high athleticism butt uh in.
Speaker 2: That Court.
Speaker 3: Blending vice's signature dynamic storytelling with the high octane world, Of Sports vice sports brings an exciting and diverse range of programming that goes beyond. The game catch action packed, live events and exclusive sports documentaries And profiles Only ON.
Speaker 2: Vice tv.
Speaker 1: You know It's miss jraymond news robbing and then fired At It kenswick parkers. Tanking, shots uh you got the media tanking shots and we never discussed the Angry black.
Speaker 2: MAN moment i don't mean that laugh. At, you well YOU know i don't. Mean laugh. You, know listen one thing's, for certain you, are, Funny though one thing's. For CERTAIN and i know The name RAYMOND effects tv RATINGS that i am. Certain, of yes another thing. For certain i've been doing it at an elite level for a very, long time and guys Like that perk you d they've been waiting to shoot for a very. Long time so in, SAYING that i don't really get bothered by, them, SHOOTING like i don't know that. They don't they don't really move me as far as. Them, SHOOTING now i briefly just saw two seconds Of what perk was SAYING because i started, watching it and then, Y'ALL said i already said something, About it and so it's Saying that i'm not actually sure what they SAID because i didn't. Hear it but if they SAID what i think, they said they were right how they. Said it, you know these guys sometimes they go about a way of saying things where they make, it PERSONAL and i don't know that they. DID that i would hope that they didn't do THAT because i could go in. On that but if they simply said that, play well You.
Speaker 1: Said jazz kick for sure of doing his HIS little, espn way but. He can't Yeah To dennis rodman And said julius random wouldn't Score for that's the ONLY thing i didn't like.
Speaker 2: For The On. Dennis roban, it's.
Speaker 1: Like man you don't Know If julius randall is feeling like he was feeling in, that series nobody gonna, step him you KNOW what?
Speaker 2: I mean he ain't thinking about nobody stopping him. For sure i'm ALSO certain i can go find a playoff Series Where dennis robmin got. Dropped off when you win at the levels, of dripping like when you win at the level that Me And dennis rodman play and have won that and you played the amount of series that we've played in meaningful, serial along so you gonna get You gonna, SO yeah i don't take that person, At ALL like i definitely lost. That battle but as far as the, fan, GOES listen i don't give too. MUCH stuff i deal with fans. A lot that's just the nature of BEING who. I am i don't get off. Into it there were some racist things Said. IN minnesota i also don't like giving these nobody's like moments to feel like they somebody you Know what. I'm saying so there were some racist. Things said it ain't the first time you get in these these environments and racist things. Are said And because i'm gonna tell you what, it is fans. Are privileged they. Are privileged AND what i SAID when i say they, are privileged they can pretty much say whatever. They want and if we say, something back we get, in trouble we, lose money we get fine with all all like all the punishment comes. To us AND so i don't really get off, into it like the fans going to say what they're going, To, say yes they. Were RACIST am i surprised in? That, PLACE no i was very Appreciative Of tim connolly reached out to. ME that i woke up to a Text From tim connolly the, next morning who's the president Of the timber was reached, Out, Immediately draymond i'm sorry this happened. TO you I saw. FINCY'S comments i was appreciative. Of that the way their organization. Handled it. THANK you i. APPRECIATED that i saw a rod on. The sideline he said something. About it listen the way they're. Organization responded i'm very appreciative. Of it i'm not one to give a nobody a moment to. Be somebody. You didn't you didn't your life's work didn't leave you lead you to having that moment to, Be somebody so it won't be given to you. By me THE reason i made the Angry black man's statement was actually stemming. From that whereas when we started that series in game one and even Since Post rudy gobert incident, that happened which by, THE way i was happy to Play Against rudy gobert in a series because respect is game and earned or lost in a, playoff series and we've had, our INSTANCES and i was happy to stand face to face with the man and gain respect where, respect was where there was an opportunity for respect to, be EARNED because i am a firm believer in respect is earned during, playoff series and he, earned it AND so i was happy to have. That moment but it's saying That Post rudy, gobert incident The reception i've Gotten in minnesota has not been that bad and as not near as BAD as i actually thought it. Would Be so game, one happens and nothing right like the reception and they bowed a, little bit not really like nah like it wasn't. Hardly anything and then we go into game TWO and i get the bullshit tech and, number one my Shoulder hit na's. Red face But if i'm been down trying to make a passing your humbered above ME and i, lift up my shoulder's gonna hit you in. The face that is just impossible not to unless he is like translucent and my shoulders just like skims through. His face without the, physical presence it. Is NOT so i get the, bullshit tech and THE reason i was upset Is because i've gotten the same bullshit Tech From tony brothers before and and, to me THE reason i was so upset AND why i Said the Angry black man is because from me getting, that, tech which by, The Way rudy Gobert Elbow brandon prazimski in. His eye he finished the season with a black eye and they wouldn't. Review it BUT then i get reviewed on this little thing and it's a tech, and so and then the and then the Reception, in minnesota it goes to the roof and that's when then the racist. Stuff happened and so my thing is you're gas. Lighting them it's To make draymond look like the angry black man and. Gaslight them THAT'S why i was. So upset it's because, it's, like oh here's the, gas, Lighting right like they ain't on me like they, could be or you may want them, to be which brings excitement to series when We involved raymond and. These things and so that's where the Angry black man statement. Came from and THAT'S why i went on the TANG and i WENT on i was pissed off because, it's, LIKE yo i haven't been dealing with, this here but you're gonna gas like this situation to make me look like, the angry out of control. Black man and, quite frankly they just took. That clip is that what? They did the Angry. Black man, i'm sorry it just really. It don't it. Don't work and then you get like PEOPLE on tv that want to break it down with, no, Context right so for all the idiots that tried to break it down and had, no context stupid again that's where it all. Stemmed. From though, It's, like yo you're gaslighting them because nothing's going on, with me so let's gas like them and make this a bigger deal than what. It is THAT'S why i was pissed off. About it that's where the statement, came FROM and i still stand, By, that like don't try to check me off to be the angry. Black. Man man you don't gas. Like that but then the THINGS that i have to, deal with the THINGS that i have to, deal with like from the, gas lighter it becomes way bigger, than basketball by, the way right BECAUSE if i deal, with, THOSE right i deal with those, racing COMMENTS and i jump over, that rail then everybody. Got everything you Know what, I'm saying and so just don't gas like that was my. Whole point THAT'S where. I stand i still stand on those Same teen do nothing changed. For me that's what.
Speaker 1: It is you're not an angry gray. BLACK man i know that you're actually a really. Nice, guy deal, you're thoughtful you were, raised.
Speaker 2: Right you KNOW what?
Speaker 1: I mean, you HUMBLE like i don't think people really like know that, You're you but on the court you are kind.
Speaker 2: OF witch i have.
Speaker 1: TO explain i have to explain. To people you come into the league to adapt, a persona and part of that persona is how you gain an advantage on how you. PLAY right a lot, of times some some guys fall into certain personas that they can't get out, of it, being soft, Being lazy oh he.
Speaker 2: Don't care oh.
Speaker 1: He's quiet like how many how many quiet dudes, be, like, oh man, he's soft he, don't care and then they Snap out, he's, like, OH oh i know he.
Speaker 2: Was crazy like.
Speaker 1: So you have to Have Like dennis rodman had a persona and that persona worked.
Speaker 2: For him. M hm but you're not an angry. Black, Man no. I'm not and itherits THE thing bd is funny because people will say he is an angry black man and then they show everything on a. Basketball court and to be quite honest, WITH you i don't really give a damn way than they call it passion. OR not i can care less what they, call It but i'll be honest. WITH you i find it HILARIOUS when i see somebody going a tangent like he is an angry, black man, because look and then they show shit on the, basketball Court and, i'm, Like, hmm okay you just show me fucking someone up on a. Basketball court GUESS what i like, to, DO right i have never wanted my love told you ALL that i will not funck someone up on The, basketball absolutely that's the First thing i'm gonna. TELL somebody i will absolutely. Do that we are competing. For something you're trying to take something from Me that i'm trying. TO get i want that thing at. All, COSTS yes i will go to lanes and being the WINNER that i am that you probably, won't go which is why you don't WIN like, i win and life and whatever it is that, you do that IS who. I am so, Yes ONE but i find it very STUPID when i see some media personalities going to tangent and then they try to back up he's an angry black man by stuff that goes on on a basketball court and a job that's. Also ENTERTAINMENT when i see people, Do that, i'm, like, oh yeah you're an idiot because you took something that you SAW, on tv that you saw any game and, you, THOUGHT oh i can tell you who this. Guy is you're just as dumb as. Anyone else and so yes for the dummy that tries to say he is an angry. Black, man look he did this on the back on a. Basketball court. I'm sorry that don't back up. Your claim it just don't you try to take that and make it out to Be Who draymond. Green is that is who that basketball. Player is you can't make that be me sitting. Right here it. Don't work it just. Don't work you, can try you, can continue but it just. Doesn't work it only proves that you are food by w, w ee that you believe every rap lyric. You hear it only proves that you believe everything you see on the on the ten.
Speaker 1: O'clock news, your naive you're too smart for young good that bos down. To right, our, tests right our test is the nicest. Person, ever god that is.
Speaker 5: My.
Speaker 2: Buddy right it's just it's almost catch you.
Speaker 5: Off guard like night, And Day, ben wallace night And Day, ben wallace, will man he will fucking body slam me on, the court, Nicest guy like, you know it's like.
Speaker 2: When you're on, that court it's.
Speaker 1: Wars battle it's like people don't, Understand that like the game, is physical you, getting hit you getting hit. By mistake it's a lot of organic clumsiness and you shocking for.
Speaker 2: Three or four inches.
Speaker 1: Of, space right so you can have an advantage to make, a shot get, a rebound get a, loose ball set, a pick and so all. That clumsiness you need to. Be frustrated to, play basketball you need to have like a sense, of frustration a sense, of anger little sense, of, hate right a little sense of like you feel like they did something. To you all that gotta be bottled up in order for you to go out there and play at an.
Speaker 2: Elite level you gotta have, an.
Speaker 1: Agenda right that agenda has to be, so real and sometimes you gotta make.
Speaker 2: Ship up you gotta make up a reason why you hate. A dude, you. Gotta right and so he's Playing against houston and they got one of the. SECURITY guys i don't get, me wrong in, THE moment i was pissed off because when the thing happened With Fredvan vliet houstons one of their. Security guys he grabbed. My arms so when that whole thing was, going ON who, i WAS who i was yelling AT when i, was yelling and that what, he like grab, My arms, but like oh my grab, your guys don't grab. My arms because by, the way my thing on that is you grabbing arms and one of y'all guys start swinging. On me you ain't gonna let me go to swing back Like so i'm just at a disadvantage.
Speaker 1: That is that, is elementary like, don't grass don't if you grab me and you on, They side oh you, Jumping me i'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna Automatically so i'm. Getting jumped. Absolutely so so they come Back Through big john our, security, team, like yo you know the security guy. He yah they said something that he wanted to TALK and i, was, like nah. FUCK that i don't want to talk, to, him like don't grab me by. THE way i held onto that until after the. Game seven AND then i saw him after game seven and he Was. LIKE dre i, was like EVERY game i ran right. Past him uh because when you're in, the place it's, mental warfare man like. Everything. Everybody Nah so i'm like straight face. PAST him i don't see you don't want to talk none of that. WHOLE series i see him run out the. Game seven, He like, i'm, like man what's? What's something, He, like man you KNOW what. I mean, i'm, like YEAH so. I love i, was like but, YOU know i wasn't about to say a word to you during. That, SERIES nah i was on, that, now like and that's what. It was That's what i'm saying that you're a. Nice guy that's what. It is that is an example of a.
Speaker 1: Nice guy what do YOU think i would have done, a game you still would have been trying.
Speaker 2: TO fight, I will i will catch you in.
Speaker 1: The summer you ever put your hands, on, me bro don't you ever. Grab IT when i see you in the summer, Doing security i'm gonna. Arrest you i'm making citizens arrest around, touch me, YOU know i Can't. Get like That's what. I'm saying you're a, good. Guy bro like some dudes don't let. Ship Go like i'm not gonna let. Things Go steven jackson is not gonna let.
Speaker 2: Ship go but he's a. Good dude but being, angry ship you gotta be angry out there on. The floor you. Have to you. Have to it's an.
Speaker 1: Energy charge it's it's it's almost like, an, Advantage right and the more that you can we are to wind that into like this peaceful moment of being like a true assassin where it matches, your skill it matches your, basketball intellect then you got a brand that part Because Like, Kobe, bryant hey Everybody Brom kobe bryant was angry if, you scored if he didn't get, the ball if he. Didn't score, you know it's like you get to that level Of a Mamba. Or, steph right these people are like they're just as crazy and in saying because all they're thinking about is cancelation and they have the.
Speaker 2: Ability and the skill and the talent to.
Speaker 1: Annihilate you so you have to be thinking like that to time of all those things charge.
Speaker 2: You up let's move on to leave before we get out, of, here man We got, game seven Them Versus okay see spent a. Great series joker. Been Delivering julian strauter stepped up last Game, for denver but he was. At home, you know role players do play better. At home so you Know lou dort stepped up the game, before that have To help okayse pull out. Game, five now role players do play better. At Home so, Game seven Joker, Versus shay you've got and, why shit you Know what i'm gonna. Go With, OKAY see.
Speaker 1: I think murray had a really Good game, game SIX and i Look at DENVER and i Look At jamal murray like he's going to have a forty thirty point game in. The series if he can, get two, You know denver got. A chance i don't think this. GAME seven i don't think this Is A Jamal murray. GAME seven i think it's gonna, be. Tight right people are going, to be, you know really having to work. For shots and at the end of, the day like, you said role players play better. At home, GAME seven I think okay se wins a, close one but it's just hard to Go against joker Because if denver can keep, it close, you know anything is possible with that dud because he's getting.
Speaker 2: DOUBLE ted i agree, with you and role players do play better, at home except this is. Game seven. Anything GOES and i think the role players for the away team in game seven ain't got nothing to lose because it's just. Game seven it's, game, seven like so you gotta shoot, that shot whereas OPPOSED to i think it actually flips. A bit the home role players in game seven gets a little tighter because you're supposed to make. The shot you, at home y'all supposed to win, game seven AND so I think okc needed to win game six after they win and took game five because they stole, game five they shouldn't have won. Game five IN, MY pi i thought down the stretch last four minutes for Five Minutes sha shay talking downhill like seven eight, minute mark but then down, To stretch ludar hit them big threes like they, stole One and denver have been winning the game the, whole, Game RIGHT so I think okac stole, game five you needed to come and capitalize on game six after you just. STOLE one i think now going into game seven, and flips the pressure is all on. Ok see and not only is the PRESSURE on okc because they're the ONE ce a they've been this great ALL year b but there's also, no pressure less Pressure on denver because they've done. It before like if, they lose they just. Go home but, Guess what joker goes Back to serbia AS an nba, Champion still jamal goes Back to toronto AS an nba, champion, Still right Like So aaron gordon goes back To what california or he's, from HERE but i don't know if he, lives here but AS an nba. Champion Still christian brown goes Back To lawrence school AS an nba, champion still so they don't have. The pressure we gotta, do, it man and everybody thought we'd, Do it Whereas, OKAY see i actually have that pressure. As WELL so i just think all the pressure flips to, Okay see and on top of all the pressure flipping to, OK see i think when it all boils down, to it even outside of, The pressure denver. Know how they've been in. These moments they've been in these game, sevens jokers been in these Games Seven Jamal Aaron, Gordon russ they've been in these game, sevens man and they got to. Know how AND so i just think with the pressure flipping to, Okay see denver gonna come in cool as, a fan that rim get a, little smaller you Know what. I'm saying And so i'm gonna Roll with denver on.
Speaker 1: This, one yeah if, It's, closed denver okay s gotta blow.
Speaker 2: Them OUT but, i, think, okay okay she got. That.
Speaker 1: Talent man if they can get out and can get a ten, point lead ten to twelve, point lead it's gonna be Hard for denver to come BACK because, i Think okay see just got the crowd they got they got multiple TALENTED dudes i can.
Speaker 2: Step up so it's been a Good serious. Game seven i'm looking forward. To It.
Speaker 1: My knicks we have a chance to make it To The eastern. Conference finals since nineteen, ninety nine do you Think the knicks close it out? At home they better close it out, at home.
Speaker 2: Because if they don't and you got to go Back to Boston for, game seven they might lose that month by twenty everybody else. Come, Back yeah i'm just saying they because If not, game Seven It's. Rat, reynolds, HEY man i Think the knicks closed this. Thing, Out man We In. New York new york ain't had this and in a. Long time since nineteen. Ninety nine damn there the YEAR before i, got draft THE year i. Got, drafted man it's next, Tape, season listen let's. Do it. COME on i would love to, come on make it to. THE conferences i Think The New york knicks fans. DESERVE it i will Wear a. Knicks HAT they i will Wear a. Knicks at they Better win. GAME six i will Wear a.
Speaker 1: Knicks at you know me FOR my, LA hats i ONLY wear, la HATS but I wear knicks.
Speaker 2: Tape hats shout out To. The knicks they gonna take.
Speaker 1: THEM down, I like i CAN'T say I like Boston because i've never Been A boston celtics fan ever in. MY life i like some of the players on. THE team i like a lot of the players on, the Team but i'm not room For no. Boston bros next right now and when spot they got, my brother shout out to THE next tv shout out To the, knicks tape shout out to The old. KNICKS staff, i mean that was some of the best times of. My life even though you know career and. The injury they take good care. Of, ME man i may have, to fly you. Know what i'm gonna fly the next day after they do the conference after we get Into The eastern, conference Finals then i'll be a.
Speaker 2: Game one. RESPECT listen i since, y'all there, fucking MAN and i can't get no more.
Speaker 1: Deamn games he was an hour, flight away And the clippers they was like twenty. Minute drive SO now i gotta fly all the. Way east it catch.
Speaker 2: Me away, hey wait so This whole knicks, tape thing y'all ain't make it to the. CONFERENCE finals i don't, Think so, nop no you Lost. To indiana we.
Speaker 1: Lost, it yeah The K next tape thing happened because like it was really LIKE when i Got To, new york it Was Me jr.
Speaker 2: Shump memo it was just like we all hung out together and we.
Speaker 1: Started the next tape so we could all stay together and kind of move like. A unit and so the next tape became kind of like. Our Marketing uh so it.
Speaker 2: Was better off the court than it was on.
Speaker 1: The, court no it, was great and may it may it made us better on. The court but when y'alln't even not everybody goes to the finals and, Win something so start off the court than sometimes you have to build. A colture And what i'm telling you before before when you look At the knicks EVERY when i, got there it looked like everybody. Was segregated any and everybody was. A star any and everybody could, go out had an. Unto rush and it Wasn't about. Knicks Basketball the knicks tape Made the knix tape. About basketball y'all Come to. Rockess play it's almost like the still curtain. For pistbag they.
Speaker 2: Want championships don't? Do that what? Still championship that is but that's. A. Mantra, bro no you have to start as they.
Speaker 1: Want championships you have to start as a as a mantra, or like you have to have a mantra energy if you ain't just birthing. Championship PEDIGREE and i have a, championship system and so you have to find ways that change. The coaching so now they still benefiting from next tape, right now.
Speaker 2: That's Just, MY okay i was still wrong, with THAT but i still stay.
Speaker 1: Next tape everybody at that plate and irons still say next tape and we call them the next tape because they exude the energy y'all. Don't have right when they win, the championship you want, To.
Speaker 2: Come no well we're gonna invite. Your ass want to. Harass me.
Speaker 1: It's Like, dub nason you KNOW what. I Mean duve nason became like. A mantra we believe that ship was just. A slogan it was kind of like what to, find us but it wasn't something that we could. Carry on you Feel what, I'm, saying well it's a lot of factors going to Win. In draymond you're. Just, lucky no you're.
Speaker 2: Just lucky you just. You're lucky and part of basketball.
Speaker 1: Is luck, guess what it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of you.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a lot of luck to get drafted where. You drafted go. To bro we will. Beat y'all, right now Swear to god sweater y'all will. Beat y'all we will beat. This year we believe team will get in safe and beat this year's. Playoff team. Guarantee SUMMER can i share a secret?
Speaker 2: With YOU? Can I can i share a secret with You that i've never shared with? You before? Go Ahead the warriors history was so bad that early on in. My Career Meet. Steph clay we Be At oracle arena and they have these moments and they would, every moment every one single time in. Every game they would go to, a fan a season ticket holder of, the game and they put the microphone in their face and, they, say oh season ticket holder of, the game such and Such From, santa rosa How long i've been a season ticket holder since nineteen? EIGHTY two a? Great way and what's Your favorite? Warriors moment and the most common Ones Were, baron Davis Dunk on Andre at carolinko and that we Believe season Now They're baron Davis, Dunk On. Andrew carolinko we all love right like we Respected it steph for fucking pulled a shirt up like that. Like that we actually all loved and respected. That moment but then they would say, we believe and we used to look at each other and laugh and, be, like man these people are really celebrating like a first, round win and it's crazy, to us like we really, gotta change just like this is just this IS, insane bd AND so i just wanted to share that little secret. With you we used to LAUGH at, I agree, i agree but we.
Speaker 5: Love.
Speaker 2: Y'all bro every team that has.
Speaker 1: A history when you go off, FOR championships i would have said the same thing they Celebrating GOING when i, got here they. Celebrated nothing there was nothing. To celebrate it was dead as. A, door now so when you, breathe life and that's how you get.
Speaker 2: These the next generation, OF babies i don't. HATE them I just i just can. Shoot, back clay just letting you shoot, all day, shoot back just so. You know, deptember thirtieth we believe he wanted to.
Speaker 1: Do, it yeah THAT'S what, I thought THAT'S what. I thought THAT'S what. I thought that's what. He worst that's would. Be worse it'd be worse than tell me that we're gonna play a game. Of seven we're gonna play five games. To seven pick up. Locked gym, al right see how You? Play domino?
Speaker 2: You lost you know you should just left. It out you should just left, it out, All, right, hey bro just left. IT out i would just let. IT be i wasn't going to. Say, nothing, hey hey my brother's having a. Bad day ladies and general laugh.
Speaker 1: It out and sometimes sometimes like the big bro, you got let the little.
Speaker 2: Brother kim if you ever want anything in, your, life people you know. That's bulls if you ever, want anything, you know the, first person first thing somebody. Gonna do w, they lose act like they let you. Do it.
Speaker 1: The bones, right here walking down, Right Here jymond green, right here and they didn't talk for.
Speaker 2: AN hour i. Don't worry we. Play up we both. Beat you we have. TO go i have. TO go i have.
Speaker 1: To go but, OH my i GEST saying i seen how You and, jimmy COMMUNICATE and i see During the, domino game y'all was coaching each other and talking, the game which is. Not accepted but y'all got, good CHEMISTRY and i believe next year the way you communicate and THE way i was Improving In, domino's man watch out For the warriors Because, just god.
Speaker 2: Hold, them hell, hold them, Hell man it's Just a losses is just, a loss, you know the sunshide and the dog hairs once. A day hold on.
Speaker 1: As we get close to. The, END first i wanted, to say get well sooner My Boy. Jason, tatum, yes. Sir damn we ain't get a chance to say get. Will soon him is all, my legends all my dudes, was out got big love, for him but we gotta TAKE a tv. Time out The Guy emmanuel Acho uh he had a Take on tatum's mental toughness, BY saying i don't Think the celtics are Better. WITHOUT tatum i think they match up. Better Mentally then kdi responded and, kat said hot take artists have ruined the sport, football guys, no disrespect but y'all boys need to stay in. Your lands you don't know what it's like in between. These, lines man give it. A break dudes who quit football early to pursue media taking, mental toughness talking, mental toughness cut. It out then o chall had a whole video saying that, you know when you respect, the game and you have a respect for, the game you're able to chime in and. Give opinions and then he went off for kt on the leadership saying kat didn't want to be. A leader he quoted him on that and tried to bring. IT back i don't know if you've been. Paying attention, you know you just got off.
Speaker 2: Of work what was.
Speaker 1: Your thought on, the exchange especially since he's Talking about katie leadership during his years With.
Speaker 2: The warriors my thoughts on the, exchange, Was Like jason tatum IS an nba champion and a two time, gold medalist but even more so than In the olympic. Gold MEDICINE, and i by THE way i went Through the Olympics With. Jason, tatum mentally it wasn't. The easiest like you're stuck in a Hotel, in tokyo cannot go outside for three and a half weeks unless you're going to, the gym having, to win like the whole world, on YOU and jt played a much bigger role In that olympics than he did this passble having to when while Everybody in america is saying you're. Gonna lose why y'all? Gonna lose how y'all not? Good enough You got americans Rooting against america In. The olympics you turn On an american talk show and they're CRUSHING The usa. Olympic team So to, kd's point out ruining, THE sport i Get what kd's. GOING at I was kd was also on that team, as well but even more SO The nba championship Than, the olympics because somebody, will, say oh you're ON. Team USA team usa, always win as if it's. Not Hard so i'll just kill that argument. For YOU An nba championship requires a level of mental toughness that most people have. No idea it, even requires you, KNOW why i want to get there to understand understand that they, like you didn't get there to. Do it you gotta. Get, There yeah and so To Say jason tatum doesn't have mental toughness, for me it just don't Work Because jason tatum IS an. Nba champion and so to try to make, a point because you can't say they're a better Team Without, Jason tatum you're just going to look like a. Complete idiot if you. Say that so to find something to try to make that statement to me is.
Speaker 4: Kind.
Speaker 2: Of whack it actually puts you in a position to be spoke to The way katie spoke. About you and NOW that, i, think oh because you, play football you can't, talk BASKETBALL because i don't, believe that BUT because I thought oho made great points. About it you, study something that's all our. League is are like some front officers in our league are people that study numbers and then learn the game. Of, Basketball, right SO like i Agree, with ocho you can study the game and. Learn, it however to start talking mental toughness would be implying that you know the mental toughness that it takes to do, that thing and you don't, Know that like you don't know the level of mental toughness that it takes in order to WIN an nba championship in order to be the most important player or second most important player or third most important player ON the nba. Championship team you don't know the level of mental toughness that. It takes so the take becomes very hot just on, that alone because you just made this about mental toughness and you can't speak, to that like not because you're a, football player but you don't know the level of mental toughness that it takes to win, a, championship period because you also didn't win a. Football one so it's not that you can't speak because. Of football you were football and. Not basketball it's just that when you start making it about a, specific thing this time being, mental toughness you don't know, that level and so it's hard to hear you speak. On it but even if you do speak, on it it's hard to hear it and, like agree even just to, simply Agree Because jason tatum IS an nba champion as the face of, A franchise like he's not JUST an nba champion That became he's the face of an entire franchise and BECAME an, Nba champion And so i'm not hearing the mental toughness like that don't work. With me now to GO at kd and question his leadership and all that they've been questioning the same thing. For, years, fine legacy he is, a star, a legend a got a Champion of olympic gold medalist three times or four times one of the two four times? Four times like like you can't you can't Go at. Kd's games so you start talking about, a leadership that's what, people, do right and, so listen they're back, and forth is what. IT is i just don't really understand trying to the whole like people be trying to like dapping people legacy. Like that that. To, ME yeah KD is kd point. Bank period if there's anything that if you need, to see it's. Simply put there's a video out there where, he said you KNOW who? I am you KNOW who? I am y'all know what y'all KNOW who? I, Am RIGHT. I'm kd like there couldn't be anything out there in the world that can better sum this up. For you you KNOW who. I am you KNOW who, i, Am Y'ALL. I'm Kd so i'm not in. The whole you like you can't talk football because you, don't play or you can't. TALK basketball i don't. Believe that but to start talking, mental toughness that would to me you, lose me or start, talking.
Speaker 1: Leadership especially especially especially if you ain't. Mentally, tough yeah, LIKE that i can your comment on somebody's. Mental toughness like we say a lot of ship and sometimes like we don't know what, we said and he, was, saying oh like he questioned the, Mental toughness but what he was really trying to say Is Like jalen brown is a more mentally. Tough leader that's what he was trying. To say and the way he plays is like they shouldn't, lose anything they should gain something Because Now, jaylen brown he's the next leader up and they're gonna assume. His PERSONALITY but i just don't think that he understands what it means To Be, jason, tatum right and what it means To Be Jason. Jalen brown and when you talk about mental toughness and one plays, one way one plays the, other way he's still.
Speaker 2: A dog and ANOTHER thing i ain't Like about adobe d is why are you pitting two teammates against Each other like they're. Actually teammates they're supposed to complement. Each other if you Had Two, jalen browns it probably. Don't Work If Jaylen Brown, JASON tatum i am here to tell you they wouldn't be teammates. This long like it actually is strategically set up, that Way Like jason tatum to be one way And For jaylen brown to be. One way you know that it's Actually How brass stevens built. The team, Start Well, danny aimes But Then brad stevens to. Retool run it's actually set up for them to be two completely. Different players so again to try to pit them against, each other but in the, same, token say but he played this style and he played. That, style yeah He And steph curry don't play the. Same Style jimmy Butler And steph curry don't play the, same style because if any of, us did it probably. Doesn't work AND so i didn't understand that. Part either THAT part i, was like but why are we doing this? Thing again like it's him. Versus, him no those two guys are. Champions together they supposed to compliment. Each other that's how the.
Speaker 1: Game works and with That what, jay said, YOU know i don't do, the outros but we out THIS The J. Marsh Show that's Dramond With. Daron davis that's me until. Next time, DULL fans, nba fans, basketball fans keep rocking.
Speaker 2: With us we have.
Speaker 1: The volume mm hmm