Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 3: From the Dallas Cowboys World Head Bars at the Star in fris Jille to take burners here.
Speaker 2: Let's got tisent, Teddy Patdown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's sent off season edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas in the s.
Speaker 3: W b SE studio.
Speaker 4: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 2: We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Standback, Crispy in the back of pile, Yeomans. Let's get into it. Talk to Cowboys family. Hi, Isaiah, how are you?
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 4: I don't get to talk to you every day.
Speaker 3: I saw you outside the building.
Speaker 4: Oh did you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? When was that you're working?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Like you you.
Speaker 4: Just saw me like walking in the building.
Speaker 3: No, I saw you when you were working calling a basketball game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you were at the Texas Legends game the other.
Speaker 4: Wise, how was it it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It wasn't There's a lot going on on that building outside of the basketball.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's like the platform for all the marketing companies to try out their stuff. Oh yeah, like all the game activation and stuff like. I'm pretty sure that's where they try it first before it goes to the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. Yeah, Yeah, that's the best way that they do it. And it's nice because it helps the legends out and it helps the fans out. Like the fans, there's so much stuff to a lot, good food, good drinks.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's all age groups. Can't beat it, Yeah, can't beat it.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Isaiah was there.
Speaker 7: I tried to boarding your your fellow co hosts like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came in and supported for a little bit. I tried to throw him a T shirt, didn't get it there in time and she fell a little short. Had to lack of velocity.
Speaker 7: Show him how it goes, Isaiah, him to spin it.
Speaker 6: His wife did throw me some popcorn though, Yeah, she threw some popcorn that she has a cannon too.
Speaker 3: He must have run in the family.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, she a little different, but popcorn was just good.
Speaker 6: One dude in front of me, try snap and I said, you pull your hand back, you ain't gonna eat.
Speaker 2: My favorite, my favorite part about it was Isaiah was across the floor from us, about about halfway up, and so I could see his whole family taking up the row. And it was a really good game. The Legends were down by three. Opposing team was at the free throw line to push it to four. He missed the free throw with four seconds left. Legends rebound, push it ahead to the half court, and then Delano banned one of those players that used to be in the NBA but now is in the G League put up a half court shot while the other team was trying to faul him before on the floor. So that was two free throws. They gave them all three free throws. He hit them all tight at winning and won overtime. And as I was watching all of this unfold, I would like peek up at Isaiah's family and they.
Speaker 4: Were super in.
Speaker 3: My son was all yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: It's pumping and the hair up.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 7: Love good Texas Legend the game, especially with Kyle.
Speaker 3: On the cost. But you guys, would you guys, would you want to be seven six. No, dude, would you rather would you rather be four foot.
Speaker 7: Five or put seven to six?
Speaker 6: And here, everybody you have the choice, would you rather be four foot five or seven foot six?
Speaker 3: Seven foot six?
Speaker 8: All day for six, but I'd rather I'd rather be just a normal height.
Speaker 3: Seven six. What are you driving? Oh? Something custom? You find something you got a customize, if you got custom money, what do you drive?
Speaker 7: Fine? You don't have to drive the Flintstones car with the top off.
Speaker 3: This rose take, this train has taken.
Speaker 9: You can never fly anywhere though ever. Ever, Again, that sucks. It's hard for even a regular human being. Granted, you know, being five nine five ten, I'm a little more wider than than the typical person, but like getting on a plane is the worst.
Speaker 7: At seven, we.
Speaker 6: Were looking at they have a player down their team that's seven foot six, and I'm looking at I'm watching this dude stand up and his teammates like shoulders are at his.
Speaker 2: Hips and these are guys that are like six foot five and above. It was like, nobody is shorter than six five and they're at his shoulders his legs.
Speaker 3: It's nuts. Go go get your legs, bro.
Speaker 7: But then imagine just being Wemby too, though. Imagine being that bad to.
Speaker 3: Be in that agile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Wemby's a free You're you're a Superimby.
Speaker 3: Is that tall?
Speaker 4: That's slender means a little bit shorter, but by a lot.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 4: Jamerian has them by like those reference.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 6: I thought Wemby went from seven two to seven six is offseason this Yeah, they said he grew like four inches A no way, I promise you. That's right, I promise you. I'm not making this up.
Speaker 7: But he's a literal monster.
Speaker 3: I'm not making this up.
Speaker 7: That is slender Man. If you see him in the wood, it's over.
Speaker 2: Officially he is seven to four and Jamrian is officially seven five.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, an any Mavericks fans, by the way, I'll be at the MAVs. Given to Mark.
Speaker 4: Very nice at all. Right, let's get into news and notes, Patrick, let's do it.
Speaker 3: We had because we don't have the podcast every day. We have about to catch up on him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just talking Cowboys starts at ten o five.
Speaker 3: We just catching up.
Speaker 8: So first and four mostly start with some transactions. Obviously, everyone knows the headliners for free agency that are coming up to George Pickens of the world, Williams. But before you get to free agency officially, what you have to do is decide on which players that are currently under contract, your practice squad guys, some of your French players that you would like to keep their rights to, and those are called futures deals.
Speaker 3: The future not signing future.
Speaker 8: So futures deals were signed effect of last week early last week, and here are the aims for those players who whose rights are being controlled by the Cowboys through training camp, assuming that they are still in the roster at that point. We got safety Julius Wood, obviously undrafted guy out of Syracuse, showed some things on the practice squad. Zion Childress whom we are fans of that in this program, Isaiah Land. We would like to see more from Isaiah Land. He's here to be developed. Some more offensive line in Marcellus Johnson joined along with Nick Everett at different points in the season. Paris Campbell, he gets another shot at developing for him.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: Tray Shawn Holding, who we are fans of on this program, showed some great things in training camp. Didn't necessarily parlay those. He had a couple of plays in the preseason, but as far as. Yeah, he's here all year.
Speaker 2: All of these names are like throwing me back to summer and yeah camp and like watching from the sidelines in the preseason games, like that's just what all.
Speaker 8: This Isah, except for this one. I'm about to.
Speaker 3: Say, where the heck is Zion Childress to see if I can nail them?
Speaker 8: See if I ca nail this Israel, Abana, Kanda, A band of Canada, the three what I always miss his name up Yeah, Abandon Canadad. We had this this sodbar upstairs where Kyle was telling this funny story each one of these names, Like you have to commit to learning these names, and he's not been hit long enough for me to have committed to learning the name A Canada.
Speaker 7: A bandon Canda, Canada.
Speaker 3: I'll get it. Israel, I promise I'll get it.
Speaker 7: This here he kind of flews off the tongue. If you don't really look at it, you're just like a bit of.
Speaker 8: So proud that he had it nailed down ahead of a broadcast that he made sure he said it like ten times unnecessary.
Speaker 9: The thing, I'm surprised that I got it along with I mean, I know Kyle would get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing is like when you start studying these names. And Abandon Canada was a guy in the draft that I really out of Pittsburgh. So when I was doing draft work, and usually right around Senior Bowl combine, we get like a pronunciation guy or we go and look it up from the colleges and as they go through, we sift through it and kind of get the pronunciations down for the tough names in the draft. So I make a point to go in and study that so that way when they are picked on draft day or if they come up in conversation through the draft process, that.
Speaker 4: I'm able to hit it.
Speaker 2: But it's even more so imperative when I'm calling a game. So like these random names that will pop up that have fifteen syllables and they like have all nothing, no valves in the entire name, and you got to find a way to say it the right way, but say it in the middle of a play. You have to study those names. Isaiah can speak to this. That's been one of the big things for you as you've gotten higher and higher in this business, even crazier starting next week.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean when you get all the syllables that are the same in a row, like a horror aura, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, Like those names are a bend of candiacy. I got it the Polynesia.
Speaker 6: Phil MafA follow drops, you see, I didn't.
Speaker 8: More.
Speaker 7: I was too watching the Bone Temple yesterday.
Speaker 8: That okay, So those guys are going to be your futures and just turn it down really quickly again. Your futures deals are a ban of Canada holding Campbell, Everett, Marcellus Johnson, Isaiah lan Zion Childers, and Julius Wood. The players that did not get four players did not get futures deals. They are officially head of the free agency, but they'll probably be in one way, shape or form. Some of these will make their way back to training camp because we've seen it happen. Princeton Fant, Will Greer, Jalen Cropper, Ernest Brown not necessarily sure, but Jalen Cropper tends to stick around, find his way back in training camp.
Speaker 3: Princeton fan for a while now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Princeton Fant most certainly does and will Greer because the Cowboys are still unsettled that backup quarterback. He could have a shot at at coming back and trying to do some things. So those are the transactions. Now on a not positive note, cowboys had some issues with the law. Okay, So rookie defensive end Donovan is Roku, unfortunately was arrested by Plano police. And what we know is what I'm going to read you right from Texas Department of Public Safety, Okay, because in legal matters we only speak of what we know. We don't speculate at all. At eleven fifty four PM, a DPS trooper observed vehicle being operated recklessly on the southbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway in Plano, Josh Modessness because Josh lives in Plano. The trooper initiated a traffic stop to investigate, which ultimately led to the arrest of the driver, and it lists Donovan Nezroku.
Speaker 3: So that's all we know.
Speaker 8: We don't know the determination or the reason for the determination of reckless driving. We don't know, you know, So we're not going to speculate. Yeah, that's what we know. Cowboys have not issued a statement on it just yet.
Speaker 2: The actually said no comment, no comment via the public relations department.
Speaker 8: It is a Class B misdemeanor and we'll let that flesh itself out. My additional concern is an obvious one is, of course, that opens the possibility of an NFL probe, and whenever an NFL probe is opened, that opens the possibility of a suspension for the next season. So keep an eye on that going forward. For Donovan israkl and I hate to see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just stay safe out there, guys. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I mean, it might be fun to drive fast. I love driving fast, I love racing, I love all that kind of stuff, But.
Speaker 4: Like, you gotta be safe, man.
Speaker 2: Your life's in your hands at that point, and the lives of other people are in your hands at that.
Speaker 8: Point too, So we'll see how that that holds. But you know, the off season is here, and guys just need to be smart.
Speaker 2: And I believe his agent released a statement you can go see that online as well, where he basically talked about how he's gonna learn from this experience. There's no alcohol involved, so all of that is good, but you still gotta, yeah.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna learn, learn from this experience and move forward.
Speaker 8: Yeah, young man, We've all been young, We've all made mistakes, So there's a lot of things. Yeah, we're not gonna Yeah, we're not gonna get on the holier than dial. The good thing is is that no one was hurt. Yeah, he can learn his lesson without him or someone else have, you know, being hurt. Perfect, no alcohol was involved. So he takes this lesson, he goes forward. We'll see what happens, and we'll see how the NFL you just to handle.
Speaker 6: I was going to say that underneath reckless driving, and that's what he got arrested for.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's excessive speedingcess thirty to forty miles over the speed limit. So if you're in a seventy you maybe going one hundred, you're going excessive driving.
Speaker 3: I just had driving under the influence.
Speaker 6: We just say that he was not under the influence, tailgating, disregarding traffic senters or stops, and he's on a freeway, so none of that racing other vehicles, potentially swerving erratically or making dangerous U turners. Well we're not doing any U turns on the toll way, so and.
Speaker 8: Swerving and I'm not his So basically he was just driving fast fast, yeah, yeah, and swerving radically. Could I mean that's that's the changing ternament that could be determined by the trooper.
Speaker 3: That's subjective.
Speaker 8: Correct trooper determined that if he was fine or cited for reckless driving because of that lane change. You know, we aggressive lane changes happen depending on what city you're from.
Speaker 3: Absolutely they happened.
Speaker 8: I desire and if if you're doing aggressive lane change, I.
Speaker 4: Saw I saw Patrick do it one this morning.
Speaker 3: Whenever he see what I mean when I say, oh, sorry, I just talk that was quick.
Speaker 8: Just talk about stitches, frist co plice. It be your guys, all right, but now we will see all jokes aside. Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully, can't stress this, stress this enough. No one was hurt, no alcohol was involved. Lesson to be learned here by the young man. He's, you know, twenty twenty one. He'll learn from it. And let's see how the NFL handles handles it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we've got some grades to hand out to Oh it's the end of the year. We've now had a kind of a week to kind of settle in on what the twenty twenty five season was for Dallas. Today we're gonna give out our report card grades across the board. We're gonna just fill out the report card, each subject, each position group. But I want to start in this segment. We got about five minutes here. I'm gonna start with Brian Schottenheimer. You're one as head coach in the NFL.
Speaker 3: This is a numbered scale or is this is a through F letter grades.
Speaker 4: That's a terrible nickname.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was pretty badass, so it might be.
Speaker 9: Eight years later, baby, all right, let me give Shaddy a B minus. I feel like, uh, not only did he have a lot of I mean that the whole team had a lot of.
Speaker 7: Struggles throughout the season.
Speaker 9: I mean, of course on the defensive side, but like the personal side and uh personnel, I mean, if you I mean look at it, Marshall Neelan. Of course, like that happening in the middle of the season was a big hurdle to to get through, and you know it motivated your team obviously through a three game win streak, which I think is the encapsulation of what you expect.
Speaker 7: From Broughton, Brian schein Humber moving forward.
Speaker 9: I think that three game stretch told you what you needed to know, and I think right after that, when you know you go up to Detroit and you lose that game. That kind of it brought you back to earth a little bit, you know, because that they're riding high on that three game win streak. The second you lose that game, it kind of it's indicative of where the team was really at. You know, you look really strong in those three games, and then to lose a must win game in Detroit that kind of showed all of the bruising and the the true identity of the personnel that you guys that you had. To me, that was that was sort of the nail in the coffin for the season. However, that three game win streak, Please reference that going forward in terms of Broughton shut Brant. That's where you got a build because that felt like the culture, the personnel, everyone coming together, and that's how I think the identity of the team will be moving forward once we have better personnel, better coaching, all those things. But I think that was the the antithesis of that.
Speaker 6: I too, am going to go be minus reasons being a big portion of that obviously is because the playoffs were not getting hit right, so you're definitely not getting a I think that he handled and he handled a number of storms year obviously, Marsha n Neeland. Obviously, the trade of your best defensive player, the disgruntleness of another one of your your other supposed best defensive player, and then dismissal of him at the end of the season.
Speaker 7: And he had a good game against the.
Speaker 6: Losing yeah, yeah, one player. Losing two guys. Losing two guys who are supposed to be huge contributors for your defense is a lot to bear culturally for your team, especially for a new coach coming in trying to.
Speaker 4: Especially with the brash personalities that they both had.
Speaker 6: Absolutely right, So there's a lot of resistance there, right. So Shotty came out and did his thing on offense, But when you're the head coach, you're responsible for more than one third of the game. He I don't believe that he fully had his imprint on the defense.
Speaker 3: As a whole. No, not talking to calling plays.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about to the character and identity that he is trying to embody within this team. I don't think that was represented defensively consistently, and I definitely don't think that what he is, what he stands for, was his imprint was definitely not there on the special teams unit.
Speaker 3: So we started talking about one third of the game.
Speaker 6: Was what he envisions this team to be, from the character, from the competitiveness, from the will and determination.
Speaker 3: I is it to be minus minus?
Speaker 6: Maybe you know what I'm saying from that regard, because I believe that as his responsibility to ensure that these coaches are getting the most out of their players, regardless of who you have on your roster, that identity should still be there, that ethos should still show up in all aspects of the game. You might not be as successful, but you should know that. Okay, that's still a shoddy team, right or that's still a whatever type of team. So I'm probably gonna be minus minus in that regard. He handled the Storms, did not make the playoffs, and did not show the character of the team through two thirds of the phase of the game.
Speaker 8: So I'm be minus minus. I was close to be minus. I'm just gonna land right on a sea. I'm gonna land on this.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 4: I don't even like sees get degrees.
Speaker 8: The reason I say that is because, like you guys are talking about their levels too great and shotty. Because he's not only the head coach, he is the offensive play caller as well, So then you have to kind of parse and parcel those things. So when you when you extrapolate the offensive play calling side of it, for me, that's a B minus because it's it's impossible to give him a failing grade or anything near it. When you have a four thousand yard passer, a thousand yard rusher to thousand yard receivers, that that matters, had a historic season, that means something. But what I don't like from the offensive play calling standpoint is I saw too much inconsistency. Yes, okay, even if we look at just the back half of the season and shrink it to this one micro they went from having fast starts, excuse me, slow starts and fast finishes, and the question was can you figure out the fast starts. Well, they figured that out and then they started having fast starts and cold finishes finishes. So there has to be consistency through full quarters there of his offensive play calling, and yes it goes to the players in execution as well, But when it becomes a trend, then you have to look at the coach. Okay, so offensive play caller, we talked about it. He does have room to grow. He does have room to evolve. He's conciding to know that he had a record setting offense and still has room to grow. But the fact is the inconsistency drops the grade to be minus from offensive play caller, and then head coach will get to in a second.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just just on that.
Speaker 9: It's like you could almost split up those things into their own categories too, Like you're giving Shoddy an overall grade, but if you could give Shoddy a grade for offensive play calling versus like culture, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Those are all different.
Speaker 2: Squad At the end of the day, you're the head coach's all of it falls under your own.
Speaker 3: Band as absolutely, and as head coach it's a D. Right.
Speaker 8: So if I'm going to give him the B minus full an offensive play caller, I'm going to give him a D for a head coach. The reason I'm not going to fail him as a head coach is because he really did whether a lot of storms, none bigger than the loss of Marshawn near no right. So he was able to pull the team together, be that leader that the team needed, and there was accountability that was held to. When you talk about players like Jaydon Blue and players on the offensive side of the ball. The accountability was there. That's the key, jayaln tobert the ball. That's why I said it that way. On the offensive side of the ball, the accountability was one hundred percent there. So from that capacity as a head coach, you're looking good. Here's where you're almost failed the defensive side of the ball. He wasn't involved in nearly as early enough when the defensive side of the ball started failing. From a coaching standpoint, coordinated with Matt ebra Fluss, didn't get involved early enough, didn't have as heavy of a hand as he needed to once he did get involved. Okay, the accountability that existed within for the players on the offensive side of the ball seems to have been deleted on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 3: And we can throw names subjectively.
Speaker 8: You could say Jack sam Bourne was on the field too long prior to getting injured. You could say Kenneth Murray got too many snaps when Marris lea file should have been getting developed. All of these things and more. Okay, defensive side of the ball was a complete and utter failure. That is an f offensive side of the ball was successful. So when you mix all these grades together, and this is including I pose the question because I think Eberflus, if once the writing was on the wall, should have been let go in December and you should have test driven Whitecotton so that when you're interviewing Whitecotton amongst these other candidates which we'll get to, you would have had that real time data to say, this is what the bay in might be.
Speaker 3: So all told see.
Speaker 9: And I don't know if it was confirmed or not, but they were saying because of the move from Eberflus to the booth, that kind of led them to determine if white Cotton was a suitable voice for the sideline defense as that the fact of coordinator on the.
Speaker 7: Field that ain't enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know they were like, make it enough, but it didn't.
Speaker 7: Look any better. It looked exactly the same as you used to.
Speaker 9: But again to your point, there was no accountability on the defensive side of the.
Speaker 3: Ball exactly, and Whitecotton.
Speaker 8: When Eberflus moved to the booth, Yes, Whitecotton was then tasked with doing a bit more on the sideline, but really he was still just communicating the h Yeah, he wasn't calling the place. So the test drift still did not exist.
Speaker 2: And we've seen some of the behind the scenes footage from this, from the the sounds of the sideline. If one guy was keeping people accountable, it would have.
Speaker 4: Been Aaron White Cotton in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Regardless, there is proof that he was an accountability for that defense part of it, not all of it, but just pieces of the accountability as a whole. Now, we got to move on or else we're not going to get to any other grades. But I do want to say my grade C minus. I'm a big believer in Bill park Sells quote that you are who your record says you are, which you're seven nine and one. So for me, even five hundred, it's C. Being below five hundred means you're probably a D plus C minus. I'm gonna give him the upper edge of a C minus because he did weather some things, and as you guys already outlined and talked about, all of that is the case. So I'm gonna say a C minus for Brian Schottenheimer. Why are you looking at me like that such a harsh father. You are what you're at says you are. You were seven nine and one and you're below five hundred.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with that line of thinking Dak's gonna be a C minus too like everybody.
Speaker 4: Doctor Prescott was not below five hundred.
Speaker 2: But with that being said, we do have to talk about the offense when we come back. We're gonna give our offensive grades for the twenty twenty five season. More talking Cowboys right after this.
Speaker 3: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game? Oh? I watched. I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent.
Speaker 4: You have some great talent, and.
Speaker 3: They got some fight hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go. Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 10: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Fans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores and for a limit, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating location. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven to eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee, America's coffee.
Speaker 5: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right. We're with you. That's our promise to you because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 3: Where were you? Where are you noted at at and T?
Speaker 10: We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings.
Speaker 3: And I can't believe we're staging a comeback.
Speaker 10: Staying connected matters. That's why in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day service for while it's downtown, lasting sixty minutes and more. Caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to impact Tower, don't tell about it. Distritions and exclusion apply se eet dot com slash guarantee for full details.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Moving on to our official grade of the season. On the offensive side of the football, let's start with the quarterback position. Josh, you mentioned in a moment ago, where would you go with Dak Prescott?
Speaker 9: I mean, if this is Kyle's grade, it's going to be cus because your record is what you said, head coach, this is what I'm saying. Dak Prescott earned an A grade for the season. I think that there were some games that's where obviously when protection was was kind of collapsing on him. He wasn't as successful, obviously, because you need your team around.
Speaker 7: You to be successful.
Speaker 9: But at least for Dak Prescott, for my money, he was the best player on the field on both sides of the ball, absolutely and just genuinely a reason why he's the highest paid player on your team. I don't think there's any doubt about it. If you think the failure of your season is on Deck's shoulders. I vehemently disagree with you. Dak Prescott is is the guy like you were being nice there, No, genuinely, I mean, come on, man, like you're just not watching the same thing that we're watching. That here, he was the best player that you had, so h and you want to build on that. He's at an elite level and please, please, please do everything you can front office to put the best players around Dak Prescott right now in the prime.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I feel like we're going to piss off the deck caters today within the fanily.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is. It's an A for me.
Speaker 8: It's not an A plus because it leaves some meat on the bone, Believe it or not. Four thousand plus yard passer overtook Tony Romo for the franchise leader in that category as far as single season goes, so or all the time, I should say, but what I saw from Dak Prescott was more decisiveness. I saw throws that looked better all over the field, no matter if you because we all know he's seen God, but you saw him making throws consistently outside of that that proved that he's an elite quarterback. What I also saw, which I can't stress enough is more often than not in the past several years. This season, when Dak Prescott saw green, he took green.
Speaker 3: Okay, he has his.
Speaker 8: Mobility, he got active with his legs. Is he the fastest guy out there? Absolutely not, but he tried to make some things happen and he moved the chain several times with his legs as well. Keep that going, Dak Prescott. That'll help alleviate whatever issues with the offensive line that the Cowboys might have. To Josh's point, fix the offensive line and fix it this year however you need to do it, fix it, free agency, draft, whatever you need to do, fix it. But for Dak Prescott, it's an A.
Speaker 3: For me, that's a for everything that you guys said.
Speaker 4: I want to add just a stat to and I'm right there with you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say a across the board Isay and I cancel each other out a lot, which is really fun because he's got the quarterback vision and the film study. I watch film, but I was never a quarterback, so it's still not to the same level. So I tend to rely on stats quite a bit to back up what I'm seeing on the film. I looked at this stat the other day and I said, this is the microcosm of what Dak Prescott has been as the quarterback in twenty twenty five. Dak Prescott targeted a tight window on nearly twenty percent twenty percent of his attempts this season. That's the second highest rate in the league. His targets average three point three yards of separation. It's the seventh fewest in the NFL. So you're telling me the targets that he's throwing to have the seventh worst separation in the NFL. He's targeted them more than anybody else except for one person in the NFL on tight window throws, and he finished as the number three passer in the n Also, not to mention, he has a top five highest tight window rate in each of the last four seasons. So this is not an anomaly with Dak Prescott. That means that dude's balling oh out. That's all that is. That is you're in a situation that is not favorable for you as a quarterback, and you still ended up as a league leader, as one of the best players on the field, and continued to be a franchise quarterback a for Dak not an A plus because you need to have a little jewelry, I think, in my opinion, to have an A plus, or at least get close to the jewelry to get an A plus. He didn't get there, but as far as he could control in twenty twenty five, it was about as good of a season as you could ask for from Dak Prescott.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna give him and a real quick start to add to that, and we'll move on. Is the Cowboys receivers led the league in potential yards lost due to drops?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 8: So yeah, half almost forty six hundred yards passing thirty touchdo down to only ten interceptions and everything that Kyle just said. But Cowboys receivers left the most yardage on the field via drops than any of the thirty two NFL tain.
Speaker 4: I don't like those words running back.
Speaker 3: What you're great for?
Speaker 4: Running back, pack for the room, room for the room, not just.
Speaker 8: One, not just Javonte, because I believe in Javonte. Javonte gets to a plush Javonte William Let's se Javonte gets to a plus. I'm gonna give him Alik an a because nobody expected, few expected Malite to do what he did in the backup role, uh and staving off Jay and Blue. But behind those two guys, ooh, things did not look good. You didn't get to see Phil Maffa until week eighteen, and then you saw, you know, only a handful of carries. They didn't really use them. Love what I saw for Jay and Blue, but not until that game.
Speaker 3: By Miles Sanders.
Speaker 8: Miles Sanders, that experiment did not work out. Whatsoever, body your he was.
Speaker 7: He had a few good carriers, he had a few good carry He got hurt.
Speaker 3: He got hurt early on. Yes, ended his season. Yep. Did the experiment work out?
Speaker 7: It was fine?
Speaker 8: No, No, this is not me throwing shade. It didn't work out. It either worked or it didn't work. Did it work?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's over yet, So I don't know if I'm okay it's work, but it hasn't worked.
Speaker 4: I guess that's fine.
Speaker 8: Did it work in twenty five forle Sanders, No, just let it go, let it out.
Speaker 3: No, Sanders.
Speaker 8: The fact of the matter is he got hey, man, he showed some things to training camp, showed some things you know, preseason early.
Speaker 3: Got to hold onto the ball, got to hold onto the ball. Yeah, that was big.
Speaker 8: That was big, but ultimately it didn't work out in twenty five. Maybe he gets another shot here in twenty six. But bottom line is the sciences, the science. It didn't work out. A plus for Javonte A from Elie Davis, but then you start getting into the d's and the failing grades, but they carry so.
Speaker 7: C plus care I'm going to be I think.
Speaker 9: I think mainly because of course, Javontay Williams is not someone that we expected really to have the season that he did. Going into training camp, I think we were all sort of like, all right, what are we doing with running back situation? It's been two years now that we haven't had a solidified number one running back. Javonte obviously made an impact this season. He's a guy that you want to inter team moving forward. I hope you resign him, But then again, I don't think there was enough behind Javante.
Speaker 7: I really don't. Mollie Davis was definitely a great spell back.
Speaker 4: But even that was unexpected.
Speaker 2: It was totally even the team didn't know that they had that because they cut him and then they brought him back, and then they were like, Okay, maybe this guy's got something and that was a surprise.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And I think what you were expecting to get out of Jaydon Blue and film Off obviously did not come to fruition during the season. And whenever you did have Jaydon Blue, obviously there were some characteristics or just the culture things that he wasn't necessarily getting right to get him on the field.
Speaker 7: And you know, he was inactive basically the season.
Speaker 9: A guy that you would expect to carry some of the load with Javante, but he used Javonte and ran him into the ground obviously. I mean he had a lot of health issues towards the end of the season and playing through a lot of injuries. To B plus for the group, I think if your offensive line would have been better, might have gotten a A. I, sir, have to stand on this table and say that at the training camp talking Cowboys, I was perfectly fine with the running back room.
Speaker 7: Yeah you were, Yeah, yep, I give you credit.
Speaker 3: I felt pretty good about it.
Speaker 6: Everybody didn't want to give Javonte any any love, and I was like, Hey, that man could play some ball. Yeah, you know, so I give the whole room B plus, I give the whole room A B plus mainly because of the stamps that I don't believe that they were ever a threat in the passing game. That's one aspect that I would have liked to have seen. And I also think that we were not as explosive. We didn't have the explosive plays out of that particular position group the way in which you would have hoped because the you know, we had the one punch, you didn't have one the two portion of the one too.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: You guys just mentioned some of the reasons why, right.
Speaker 7: Molie Davis had quite a few of those two though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he had more explosive plays than anybody for sure, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, but it was mostly late in the year. It was exactly that game.
Speaker 3: So had we had that earlier in the year, and that might you know, second think they.
Speaker 2: Were hoping that to be Sanders he gets hurt, then they were hoping it to blue Blue. He doesn't show out the way that he wanted to. Then they find Malik Davis and they're like, oh, wow, he can do that.
Speaker 3: Which he's been around for the last fourteen years whatever.
Speaker 7: It's been a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been around, bro, it feels like forever. He's had a good camp. That's crazy. Yeah, so no, so I'll give a B plus.
Speaker 2: I'm right there with you. And they were top ten in yards per game. They were ninth in that category, ninth I think in yards per play as well.
Speaker 4: That means you're a top ten rushing attack.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about the guys that get the c's and the apps.
Speaker 4: Kind of the way that Patrick outlined it a moment ago.
Speaker 2: The majority of the carries went to the guys that I'm going to great highly. That's Williams Davis of course, so I'm gonna I'm gonna give him a bee. I think it was a solid running game. Is better than I anticipated it because I was very negative toward that early. I like Javonte Williams as a signing, but I thought it was because it was a value.
Speaker 4: I didn't think he.
Speaker 2: Would be a twelve hundred yard pressure with ten touchdowns. That's different. Uh, that's where he exceeded my expectations. Malie Davis, of course exceeded my expectations. Everybody else that was my expectation. Jayden Blue, I didn't expect much from film. Afo didn't even get on the team until the final week of the regular season. So they're still worry in the running back room, especially if you don't bring back Javante. But Javonte exceeded expectations, so I got to give it a.
Speaker 7: Be quick yes.
Speaker 9: No on this for you guys, Do you change the running back room at all from what it is right now?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: If like at all, like bring everybody back? No, I'm good.
Speaker 3: No, I can do it.
Speaker 7: You're cool with this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because as is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I need no extra juice. I need to see more from Jason.
Speaker 6: I stay the same with development.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would personnel guys to grow.
Speaker 7: In week eight. You did see Jay and Blue. You did see film MafA.
Speaker 9: I think they showed you good things that you're like, Man, where was this during the season, dude? But if you keep that personnel, obviously some maturing needs to happen.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 6: I think you have personality personnel wise, you have everything that you want. Javonte Williams gives you the most versatile of everything. Then you have Blue if he can come along, that's your explosive back, and then you got Phil MafA, who's your power back. Those are that's you have the aspects that you want right the holes that you need to feel. Now, are they where they need to be at? No, but that falls on the responsibility of the coaches.
Speaker 3: I forget about keep those four and then Bankanda, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're gonna go rapid fire here. Everybody. You get thirty seconds to give your point. Wide receiver go.
Speaker 4: Your time's already started.
Speaker 7: I know thing, so let me go. Let me go wide receiver. A.
Speaker 9: Of course ceedlam George Pickens two one thousand yard receivers, and of course you're s Souf Illinois step up be the third receiver.
Speaker 7: Halfway through?
Speaker 4: All right, man, I'm talking like damn plus five seconds. You got it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Flinoy finally stepped up halfway through the season. You gave him a shot when obviously everyone was ready for that to happen. And I think now you have three wide receivers as long as you resign. George Pickens, please do that. A.
Speaker 8: Now talk over me for five seconds so we can balance it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that to you, may I know we can't do like the other show. I'm going B plus.
Speaker 8: And the reason I say B plus is because obviously you talk about two thousand yard receivers in CD and George and then the you know ryf Leinoyd showing out like he needed to show out, see you flow, but at the same time ceedee lamb. He did suffer some injury, he missed some games. He had some critical drops that kind of cost. I mean it cost first game Eagles game. In the opener, Cavante Turpin, he was inconsistent. He contributed, but then he didn't contribute. Jalen Tobert moved backwards. So all told B plus, give me a minus?
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 6: I mean everything you guys already said it. Solid group, definitely a threatening group. I think probably the most dangerous outside of the Rams in terms of combos this year. Yeah, they were successful and then you had you know, you had an actual number three receiver step up.
Speaker 3: So I mean they're they're a dangerous unit.
Speaker 6: When you for any defensive coordinator, you know, if you keep that three, if you keep that three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you keep that three, I'm good with whatever else else happens in that room.
Speaker 4: Rule that's fine where he's at.
Speaker 6: That group gets more dangerous with better play from Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 2: Okay, with that being said, I'm gonna say a minus for wide receivers.
Speaker 4: Tight ends get us started tight ends.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go be minus this year.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised you gave it a B be minus.
Speaker 6: Okay, I just I mean they were subjected to the calls that were being They're there, they were they were being had right, so they were doing a lot of helping the offensive line. The offensive line really affected their ability this year to be able to push things down the field. I think we saw early on a disconnection between Dak and the tight end group, and it came on later on and became great red zone threats and nice five yard options, but they were not what you would hope to them to have been collectively as a union in term of being a threat in the seams and alleviating pressure from the outside receivers.
Speaker 9: I am at a c right now for tight ends. I think Jake Ferguson alone is not enough of a target, is a not I think he needs help on the other side, on his opposite side, And I'm kind of tired, I'm a little I don't think he has it. No not that I don't think he has it, I think he needs help. I think he needs a tight end on the other side of him that is more of a threat in the receiving game because you've relied so much on tight ends blocking for you, because the offensive line has not been where it needs to be. That I feel like without a true threat at tight end on the opposit side of Jake Ferguson, you don't have the most efficient offense.
Speaker 7: Because everyone knows, like, all right, as long as we got Jake covered, we have CD covered, we're pretty much okay.
Speaker 9: For me, you would only improve Jake Ferguson's production by having a receiving tight end on the other side. That's going to give you some athleticism, some run after catch ability. To me, that was Brevin span Ford. They didn't rely on him that I would argue he's on that, he's there, but they don't rely on him as a receiving threat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean he whenever he did have the ball in his hands, whenever he didn't make a catch, he was a electric.
Speaker 6: That's why I asked you a question, do they have the guy or do you need to go get the guy?
Speaker 7: They have the guy.
Speaker 9: I know their thought is like, well, he needs to be a great run blocker, Please stop with that, just because his size make the offensive line better.
Speaker 8: Yeah, minus really quickly, so C minus overall, Jake Ferguson had a career best start. He had a cold finish. He also suffered fumbles this season. Didn't see I mean he saw a player two from Schoolmaker, But over the course of the entire season, it was a forgettable season for Schoolmaker. We just talked about Brevon span Is on the roster, however they've yet to unleash him as a receiving threat. And behind Breven span Ford, you have more of your special teams guys like a Princeton fan right, So as a whole Sea minus.
Speaker 2: Minus, I just don't think it was the you saw the fast start to the season to Jake Ferguson, you saw exactly what their vision of him was. We're gonna get the five yards and a cloud of dust and just get him reception after reception after reception. He finished second on the team in receptions, but he finished fifth on the team and yards. I believe behind Pickens, Lamb Flinoy is fourth on the team in yards.
Speaker 6: So my only pushback to you guys's rankings. You guys are entitled to your rankings. Obviously, I think the room got better. Jake took a step back.
Speaker 3: The room got better.
Speaker 4: You're saying spam Ford.
Speaker 6: Schoomaker did get better. Goo Maker made strides. Breven span Ford made strides. Both of those guys are substantially better tight ends this year than they were last year. It's not even close.
Speaker 4: Part of that is because my expectation was going to be higher for them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I thought they were a D like I think I do think they got better.
Speaker 3: They were not very good.
Speaker 6: Those guys made a heck of a leap in a bound. I think Jake took a step back right, So I think obviously a lot is on his shoulders, you know, bearing the weight of the tight end room, which he does, but you have to take it. Okay, Jake's over here. What did the rest of the room do. Jake went down a notch, The rest of the room went up one and a half, not just to me. So I think the room collectively is more dangerous as a unit. Jake was not as dangerous as an individual outside of his routes that he was running.
Speaker 2: I like that, but it's all perspective because last year I thought they were a D or a D plus.
Speaker 4: Now I'm giving them a C or a C minus. I like they are better. I just don't think they're there.
Speaker 8: Right, And I can't rightfully give the wide receivers a B plus, which is what I'm standing on, and then give the tight ends a B or C plus because the gap is noticeable from wide receiver.
Speaker 3: To tight end. So you said it yourself, he said, this is a noticeable The.
Speaker 6: Wide receivers could have benefited from Jake Ribers and step running down the field. Yes, just get up there, get on the.
Speaker 4: Tight end all right, quickly, offensive line go C minus for me.
Speaker 8: Okay, d your offensive tackles.
Speaker 4: I would say, I'll say C minus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say a C.
Speaker 8: Tyler Booker carries Tyler Smith carries Cooper b B had injury, missed some time, but he helps carry your your off that's fair, but your offen and that's a discussion.
Speaker 3: But your offensive tackles were wreck Yeah, it was you failed.
Speaker 8: Do you have Cherry still had a good stretch like during that three game win Street what you talked about and right, but again, but you got to factor that in lack of availability. And then Nate Thomas when he played, he didn't play well, but then he suffered from availability issues to the point where you had to pop Tyler Smith out created this whole storm of is he a guard? Is he your offensive tackle position failed you? That's an F. So with me overall, it's a D because some carry but not enough to get it to a C.
Speaker 7: Smith and Booker are the only dogs Hunt.
Speaker 8: A plus for Booker, A plus for Tyler Smith, Tyler BB, I'd say a C. Right, Cooper, then Hooper BB. I'm sorry, it's Tyler babe. But then he goes right off of a cliff when you get to the outside.
Speaker 4: So all right, we're gonna take our second break.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do defensive grades in this show because I don't want to rush it. Yeah, we'll do it in the next show next week. Hey, because we have another one next week. I want to talk about the defense a little bit. But when we come back, let's talk about some of the names that have popped up.
Speaker 3: In terms of coordinators.
Speaker 2: Coordinators that are requested for interviews. That's something we can talk about on this.
Speaker 4: Show because they've accepted the request. And it's great. All right, more talking cowboys right after.
Speaker 7: This at AT and T.
Speaker 10: We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken wings.
Speaker 3: And I can't believe we're staging a comeback.
Speaker 7: Staying connected matters.
Speaker 10: That's why, in the rare event of a network out it, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day service for while downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must connected to impact towern't set about a districtions and exclusion.
Speaker 3: Apply sett dot com SLUCH guarantee for full details.
Speaker 2: Cowboys fans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way.
Speaker 4: Black Rifle Coffee America's coffee.
Speaker 11: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack black dot Com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee.
Speaker 4: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by in Visilino with the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Stanback, Chris being the back in.
Speaker 4: Kyle Yellman, you guys are goofy all right? Patrick?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Indeed, Kyle, there are six names.
Speaker 2: There are six that have been reported to be requested and or interviewed for the open defensive coordinator position.
Speaker 4: Who are those six names?
Speaker 8: And each of these have either been interviewed already or will be interviewed today. Okay, they're in the building and at least one is expected to be in the building today or the zoom depends. That would be Jonathan Gannon. So Jonathan Gannon, who was one of the names that I threw out there as a possible from runner and we talked about it last talked aout him because he is a free agent, haven't been moved a part of ways would leave leave his duties from the Arizona Car News, So he's expected to be interviewed today.
Speaker 7: John, you dropped last week, by the way, give you credit for that.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I'm going to start with some of these others and we're going to end on the more interesting ones. Right.
Speaker 8: So, Jonathan Gannon is one we talked about. Aaron White Kahan, He's being interviewed for the position as well as cast Deronte Jones Vikings defensive pass game coordinator.
Speaker 3: Okay, so of the product of tree of but Brian Floor is Brian Floor is his tree.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: From Banda, the Browns safeties coach a Jim Schwartz coaching tree guy.
Speaker 3: And this is what really get gets interesting for me.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you got Jim Leonard, Broncos defensive pass game coordinator, quickly moved the ranks listen who had an excellent call it an interview by man handling the Cowboys offense in Denver earlier this season.
Speaker 3: Zach Orr.
Speaker 8: Ravens defensive coordinator, North Texas guy, mean green guy. Okay, he's he's being interviewed as well, and I think that's what So let's see it. From Banda, brown safety's coach, Deronte Jones Vikings defensive pass game coordinator, Jim Leonard, Broncos defensive pass game coordinator Jonathan Gannon current free agent, former Eagles defensive coordinator. And there is when Cardinals head coach Aaron White Cotton incumbent defensive line coach here in Dallas, and Zach Orr of the u n T mean Green. He's a De Soto, Texas native. He was with the Ravens as they're the Ravens as their defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: Those are your six candidates.
Speaker 8: And there was one denied request which came by way of the Atlanta Falcons who said, no, you cannot talk to Jeff Ubrick.
Speaker 7: But they just fired their head coach man.
Speaker 3: They still said no soup for you. Wow, rude, it is still possible that but what.
Speaker 7: If the new coach doesn't want to keep him a round, Well, that's possible.
Speaker 3: The possibility the Cowboys can revisit.
Speaker 9: But as you got to wait and tell them to hire one and they go by that point, I mean they're putting them.
Speaker 7: At a digise.
Speaker 3: So family, family discuss.
Speaker 2: Where I'm interested because remember when we were breaking down the Cardinals tape and QB vision, you talked about the Cardinals don't run anything over the top, but they're going to do it in a discipline manner, and they were going to do it better than what you would anticipate from their personnel. So with the way Jonathan Gannon's name has been thrown around, that's an intriguing one for me because of the success that he's had in the building, or not in the building, but in the division, and the way.
Speaker 3: That he's against the building had some success.
Speaker 4: Against the building before.
Speaker 2: I think if I had to rank them out of those six names, number one would be mister Lennard Okay from Denver. I just love the possibility there, I love the fit. I love that there's a connection with Brian Schottenheimer from their time with the New York Jets. What's his identity, Kyle, aggressive defense across the board and a little bit more of that.
Speaker 3: What was the way you put it?
Speaker 4: You sent me something the other day, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a way that he when shot in the teacher he teaches. When Schottenheimer outlined what they wanted a defensive coordinator, he named five or six elements, and Leonard had all of those elements. And then there's even Bobby Belt, a fan of the or a friend of the Show and Friend of the Draft Show as well, posted a video where he clipped interviews from Leonard matching up exactly with what Brian Schottenheimer had. I think all of that's a great fit from an aggressive standpoint on defense and from a game plan standpoint comes from the right places. And he's young and he can grow into the position. It's not a one stop shop, one year guy. He can kind of get better as time goes on.
Speaker 7: But he hasn't been a head coach before.
Speaker 2: Kyle, I'm okay with that hasn't worked for you in the last couple tries, exactly.
Speaker 6: I just have a top two of those guys that you listed. I would go with Leonard and then I went straight to Ganon. Yeah, those were my I think that of those two, believe, I'm not sure which direction shot he would go if those were the two remaining options, right. I think Leonyard obviously is a young, aggressive teacher. He's touted as a really good teacher of the game connect with guys connected this demographic.
Speaker 7: Played the game Undersize for ten years.
Speaker 3: Absolutely right, I had a lot of success as a player.
Speaker 6: I think that he can communicate and demand a certain response from guys and guys would listen as well as coaching them up through it.
Speaker 3: So he has a record of that. I like that, and I like young energy right coming from that regard.
Speaker 4: Like Jones too.
Speaker 2: I like Deronte Jones as a as another option there. That would probably be my third name, by the way.
Speaker 6: And then Gannon, Gannon has a been but don't break guy right. So as an offensive minded, hey coach, you have to figure out what type was style of defense complementary ball do you want to be played? Do you want somebody that's going to play it safe and you know, allow sustained drives and then you know they have to kick field goals, or do you want somebody that's gonna, Hey, we're gonna get some turnovers, baross will and give up some big plays along the way as well because of our aggressive style. So I think that Shoty has to figure out what style he's okay and comfortable with opposite of him, because those two have to kind of be They got to be intent him as well. Outside of his just offensive coordinator or offensive play calling duties. He has to be comfortable with the defensive defensive coordinator playing that way.
Speaker 4: We got to get out of here because we're over time.
Speaker 3: You're good, said Jim Leonard. Is my number one?
Speaker 4: That's your number one.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised Isaiah has him as number one either, because guess who he played for.
Speaker 3: Back in the day. He's the Rex Ryan Cochein Tree. Guess who he.
Speaker 2: Played for, vatch Rex Ryan. Yeah about your show starts in eight minutes, dude, Yeah, you're good. Yeah, I'll see you here in a minute. That's gonna do it for us here on Talking Cowboys. Hope you had fun with us today. For Patrick nose Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yewmans saying so long.
Speaker 4: We'll see you next week with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football club
Speaker 7: S.