Speaker 1: Come on, Fiona, that's a good girl. Oh shoot, mister, don't run away, Fiona. I just need to give you two tiny little shots. Don't laugh at me.
Speaker 2: Pig do you want to hand Bailey Grace? No?
Speaker 3: Not yet.
Speaker 4: One more good jump and I think I can.
Speaker 3: Good girl s.
Speaker 1: There you go, go on back to Shrek.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think I got pig muck in my mouth.
Speaker 5: I think you got pig munk just about everywhere like a little muck monster. But I admire your method. The way you grabbed hold of her back leg ooh, and that a little flip around to hold her with their legs.
Speaker 2: Fancy moves you got there.
Speaker 3: Are you making fun of me?
Speaker 1: Because if you are, you better stem back unless you want to get mud all over yourself. I wouldn't want there to be an accidental mud explosion.
Speaker 3: Would you calmb.
Speaker 2: Your horses, child and lower the mud ball?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: I'm seriously impressed.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Well, I can't rope too well?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Connor would always use the lasso and tackle technique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, either way, it's a mess. I'm pretty sure I'll stink for days.
Speaker 5: You know, he always said you'd get used to the smell after a while.
Speaker 3: Well, some things you just never get used to.
Speaker 2: You know, it's okay to talk about them. Good for you even.
Speaker 3: Let's just get on with the mets.
Speaker 5: Did I ever tell you the story of the time I had to pull a two hundred pound pig out of the deepest mud hole?
Speaker 3: Yes, gepop it up getting stuck?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I guess I didn't actually pull.
Speaker 3: Didn't g mom have to get the tractor?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 5: It had rained for days and the pig pen was so deep and thick with mud. We couldn't move like we had suction cups all over. But your g Mom, rest her soul was smart and quick, and she tied a rope to the tractor. Together we slid right out of there, covered with mud, lost my boots.
Speaker 3: Lost your pants too, Mom said.
Speaker 2: Yep, that part never gets forgotten.
Speaker 5: You See, what I want you to know is that sal was only doing what she was supposed to do getting in that mud. But when it got to be too much for I sure didn't mind getting right down to the muck.
Speaker 3: With her, you know, but you got stuck.
Speaker 2: She popped not for long.
Speaker 5: That's why we have each other. When what you're going through is deep and you feel like you can ever get out? You need other people to help. We're here for you, Bailey.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what the story was about. I know, Gi Pop.
Speaker 2: I love you, kiddo.
Speaker 5: You hang tired while I grabbed the meds for Shrek and a towel for you. Wouldn't want for you only to get jealous.
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Wait are you saying I look like a pig?
Speaker 3: I'm definitely going to stink for days?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 4: I'm Zoy Pent, your new neighbor. You're Bailey right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who told you that? Your mom said I could come over anytime I want. And it's such a nice day. My mom told me to go out and enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Since she bought me a bike, I thought i'd ride it.
Speaker 4: Over here and so here I am. Huh, it's nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: You too, So how do you know my mom? Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, she came over when we moved in. She brought us a rosemary bush clipping.
Speaker 3: Of course she did.
Speaker 1: She said it would grow roots if we put it in water, and then we could plant it and I would basically never die so we could have fresh rosemary whenever we wanted.
Speaker 4: Isn't that nice? Here?
Speaker 3: Mom is so nice? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mom loves her Rosemary, and she's right. It does seem to last forever. I thought I destroyed ours on accident with my first four wheeler when I was six.
Speaker 4: Oh, awesome, you have a four wheeler.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, there, you must be Zoe.
Speaker 5: I'm Bailey's grandfather, but everyone calls me gepop.
Speaker 4: Hi, Nice to meet you. You two are like real farmers.
Speaker 5: Well, most are around here. There's not much else to do except live alongside nature.
Speaker 4: That's so exciting.
Speaker 1: I've watched a ton of videos about farming, but I've never seen one in real life.
Speaker 2: I see there.
Speaker 1: Aren't any real farms in La, even though it's full of people who seem to wish they had a farm.
Speaker 4: This is my first time really seeing a legit pig pen. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Is that so?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: And a four wheeler sounds so fun? What else do you have to write here?
Speaker 3: Who do you? Horses?
Speaker 1: I saw some wild horses on my way over and took some pictures on my phone.
Speaker 4: Do you want to.
Speaker 3: See you did?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Huh? Where were they? Did you scare them away?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: They didn't even notice me.
Speaker 3: I've been watching for them for days.
Speaker 4: Gotta go, ge Pop Oh, exciting. I'll come with you.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, what about spring shots? And you are covered in pig poop?
Speaker 4: This is so fun. I love this little car thing.
Speaker 3: What did you say it was called? It's a side by side.
Speaker 4: Side by side?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 4: Maybe you can show me how to drive it sometime.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure. You said they were near the bridge, right.
Speaker 4: I think so. They were drinking water altogether in a group.
Speaker 1: And did you see a bay stallion with a sniff?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that's brown one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: There were a bunch of brown ones and some that were spotted.
Speaker 1: Yes, brown body with a darker almost black made and tail. And he has a little white mark right above his nostrils. I really can't remember. Oh, but there was a white horse there. She had her head up the whole time, looking around. She's really pretty.
Speaker 3: That one is a he, and he isn't white, he's a gray.
Speaker 4: Oh well, it was really pretty.
Speaker 1: He's the stallion, the leader of the herd. It's his job to keep them safe. That's why he was looking around.
Speaker 4: Oh cool.
Speaker 1: So if he's the stallion, what about the other one you asked me about. Didn't you say he's a stallion too?
Speaker 4: Are there usually two?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's gonna be an ugly fight if it hasn't happened already. Look there behind those small trees, that's him, that's the bay stallion.
Speaker 3: Stay here, I'm gonna try and get closer. WHOA, what are you doing? I told you to stay in the side by side.
Speaker 4: The rest of the herd is just up on that hill. Maybe they didn't fight yet.
Speaker 3: Sh just follow me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go over by the fence. You may not feel as threatened if there's a barrier between us.
Speaker 4: What happens if he feels threatened?
Speaker 1: Sh?
Speaker 3: Hey, boy, don't be afraid. Oh I see, Oh.
Speaker 1: Of course you're not afraid of me, wild one. Are you sure about this Bailey? Look at his eyes? He seems kind of crazy. Nah, he's just brave and strong. There's kindness in those eyes. Plus he hasn't pinned his ears back all the way.
Speaker 3: He's just checking us out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna climb over the fence and see if I can get a little closer. Uh, you're going to go closer to the huge wild stallion.
Speaker 4: Are you sure that's a good idea?
Speaker 1: Yes, California girl, I need to get closer, Bailey, it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Are you okay? Why did he.
Speaker 1: Lunge at me? Why won't he let me help him? I'm just trying to help you. You're going to die if you keep going after that hurt.
Speaker 4: Bailey, You're gona watching me.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, thanks for catching my fall.
Speaker 1: Oh and I'm sorry about your clothes.
Speaker 3: I think I got pigmuck on them.
Speaker 1: That's all right, it's fine, But that was pretty crazy my first month in a moment.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I guess that was a little crazy. I'm not sure what got into me.
Speaker 1: Usually i'd be in your spot watching my big brother do something wild like that. Your brother must be pretty brave too, then, bravest person I ever knew. Does he still live on the farm with you?
Speaker 3: Well not anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh so what's see? We better get back. Please don't tell Gepopp or my mom what happens. I'll tell them later. I want to check on the stallion again, really from a safe distance, of course, but my mom and Gepop might not let me if they knew what happened, So let's keep it between us for now.
Speaker 3: Here. Hop in the driver's seat, I'll let you drive Ooo.
Speaker 1: Whoo Okay, first you turn the key.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah, babe.
Speaker 7: We're leaving for Texas next week. There's a new event invitation only in Cheyenne. Will only be about four hundred miles from you, So come down to Wyoming for the week before we head far away again. The team would love to see it. The team, Well, i'd love to see you. When's the last time we got away to go?
Speaker 8: So you're telling me we'd actually have some time to ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Some anyway, it'll be like the old days.
Speaker 7: You can help me with the new roping horse for settling in, and we can sneak away to a nice dinner a few times.
Speaker 8: That does sound wonderful. But how can I leave Dad and Bailey to do all the work around here by themselves?
Speaker 7: Easy, I'll see if any of the summer farm hands can step in for a short time and help out.
Speaker 2: Leave it to me.
Speaker 6: I really want you to come, Okay.
Speaker 8: Honey, I'll try to get the planting finished this weekend, and you find us a farm hand. I'll drive down once.
Speaker 7: You get there, Yes, ma'am, All right, now you've had another later coming up.
Speaker 6: Oh that's us gotta go love you, babe. I can't wait. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Mom.
Speaker 8: You out here, over here, take a seat on the swing with me. Okay, here, come under the blanket.
Speaker 3: It's cold. G Pop said you wanted me. Are you mad at me?
Speaker 1: Or did you just want to snuggle because I've still got some writing to do in my journal.
Speaker 8: Well maybe both. It's not like you to abandon g Pop and your responsibilities like you did today. He had to finish up vaccinations without you, and you know Sonny does best with you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Mom, I got distracted. Did Sonny give him a hard time? A little?
Speaker 8: But it's all right anyway. I am glad you're being faithful to using your journal. Are you finding it helpful at all?
Speaker 3: Is this why you wanted me out here? Because?
Speaker 8: No, But we really should discuss how you are processing everything with your brother. I want you to know that you're not alone and it's gonna take time, but you should let yourself feel.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just too hard.
Speaker 2: What if if?
Speaker 3: What what if it's too much? I really need to focus on chores and school and the ranch.
Speaker 7: Bailey.
Speaker 8: You're stronger than you think, and even in your weakness, remember you're not alone.
Speaker 3: Well, I did talk about him today, little he did.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah to that new girl, by the way, you didn't tell me about the new neighbors, and that you invited her over here.
Speaker 3: Anytime she wants.
Speaker 1: She's a California girl that has no clue of country life and takes pictures on her phone.
Speaker 8: She could use a friend like you. Her mom wants her to get out and experience more of the great outdoors first hand, and she gave Zoe instructions to do so.
Speaker 1: Well, Zoe's very obedient then, because today she definitely had some firsthand great outdoor experiences.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, once you get into I let her drive the side by side.
Speaker 1: But just give me a heads up next time you invite a little miss Sunshine over while I'm knee deep in pig poop.
Speaker 8: Okay, and before I forget, I do have something else I need to give you a heads up about. This is why I called you out here. In a week, I'm going to visit your dad in Wyoming.
Speaker 1: Really, what about harvesting the hayar getting ready for the piglets.
Speaker 8: Well, we can harvest when I get back and we have time before to farrowing. I'll only be gone a week and your dad is hiring a farm hand to help out while I'm gone. Plus, you are more capable of running this place than you think. You and g Pop will be just fine, I guess. So maybe you can teach Zoe how to help with some of your chores.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure she'd love some more Montana moments.
Speaker 8: That's the spirit I'm going to head inside. Maybe this is a good spot to write in your journal. Hereke my jacket. It's a little chilly, so you should stick your hands in the pockets.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Thanks, stick my hands in the pockets. That's strange advice for someone trying to write in a journal. Wait, it is strange, strange enough to.
Speaker 4: Be a clue.
Speaker 3: What's in these pockets? I knew it. Caramel's h okay here, Connor. Today was a little crazy.
Speaker 1: I managed to grab Fiona on the fourth try, nowhere near your record. I met our new neighbors, Zoey a bit on the chipper side, but she's okay. And I did something kind of wild today which you would have been so proud to see. I got really close to the new stallion, close enough to see bite marks and kick marks. He's been fighting the Gray Stallion. He's strong, fierce, and reckless. He's a lot like you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to save him. I'm going to catch him once mom leaves. I just hope he survives that long