Speaker 1: So I'll try to keep it to an hour and let me put my phone on set.
Speaker 2: We'll try to keep it to an hour. You're trying to keep it you Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you're usually fine until I drag you off the topic.
Speaker 1: I've been meeting you in your tangential tangency.
Speaker 3: I would like to say, I it's I've had an influence on you. Yeah, you make less sense as we go along, and you and you're now, Yeah, you've got your own little random factoid things that you know.
Speaker 1: Random facts. I've even started cursing occasionally, like you have up to the sweetened level here. It's really yeah, we're working down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's yeah, it's kind of yeah. I'm not sure if it's an up or down depends on where you are.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, it's uh. And we were just talking about that.
Speaker 3: We have a couple of cons coming up that we're we're going to be at together, so that was great.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were going, so I didn't either.
Speaker 3: We were like, oh, hey, we have to reschedule, and you're like, oh, yeah, I think I'm going to that too. I was like, ah, yes, usually that's you flying out and Rachel, my manager, was like, hey, we have to reschedule, and I was like, we do.
Speaker 2: So, as you can see, we're both super on top of things.
Speaker 3: Were really I was like, I know, I said I'm going to a convention and signed a thing, but I was like, I don't know when I know where.
Speaker 1: Well, this is months from now.
Speaker 3: Like to me, that's basically I mean, at this rate, at the rate we're going, that is EON's from now.
Speaker 2: That is that is a hope and a wish, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: August please come on, Yeah in June.
Speaker 1: Let's just make it to the end of this.
Speaker 3: We'll just make it to the end of June. Yeah, very talking about Eglitz. But by the way, are they all do they are gone?
Speaker 2: They still? Are they fledged? Well?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah they fledged?
Speaker 3: They fledged, but I mean I have ago, but they they're fully fledged.
Speaker 1: But the babies come back for that's right for dinner, the fish for dinner. Although the last couple of nights only one eagle eaglet has come back, and so I'm kind of worried about Gizmo. Gizmo hasn't been seen in a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Maybe Gizmo's out there just hopefully in his own life food.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I am I am an.
Speaker 3: Eagle now I know what I'm doing. And he's kind of gotten it under control.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, the parents are kind of keeping an eagle eye out for the babies and teaching them how to hunt. But this is a very critical time because I don't know that. I don't know the exact stats, but there's something like there's only a sixty percent survival rate for fledglings in this period because.
Speaker 3: Right because they brand new, brand new, and they don't well, or they don't know yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, or if they don't know how to hunt yet, they'll just steal food from other, right animals, or and.
Speaker 2: So it's like, well, yeah, that's it doesn't end well.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't end well. So yeah, I'm a little nervous, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: I will keep me updated on gizmo.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, God, we love Gizmo.
Speaker 2: Is so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm very excited for the end of the week. This is my Vegas weekend. I'm to Vegas again.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you're like, I it's like, you're just missing me. Just gonna be.
Speaker 3: FaceTime me the entire way there. No, God, no, I won't do that plane heading back from New York anyway, the.
Speaker 1: Day he's driving out to Vegas. Cut your own travels too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big big week for us, that big huge week. What so new Kids Presidency? This is the moment, is the opening I was gonna say, this has to be opening weekend, because there's no way that you would not be at opening weekend. Like, there's no way that this would Opening weekend would have come and gone and we wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Ever about it exactly.
Speaker 1: No, So they're just doing two shows this weekend. I'm going to be at both shows for sure. I'm so excited. I don't know they they've promised there's lots of like new exciting things, but they just started rehearsal.
Speaker 2: No, like new.
Speaker 1: Number, something new. You don't take this nearly seriously enough, Just like when I started twenty seventh, nineteen ninety one Super Bowl performance. You didn't take that seriously either.
Speaker 2: I didn't, So you have to.
Speaker 1: This is serious business.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I apologize, I apologize, I'm just yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, they just started rehearsals last week, so I've lowered my expectations because I'm like, oh, what have they planned. It's going to be huge, But it's like, no, they're just they just started rehearsals. So they just started rehearsals. Yeah, they're known for waiting till the last minute before they put together.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, actually am I like yeah, more than I even realized.
Speaker 1: The spent Like the first we fighting over like I want to do this, no, we should do this, and then in the last couple of days they pull it together.
Speaker 2: So so basically like the full and Fuller House cast us, we're like, no, I'm going to do this. No, no, no, and then like by Friday, we're like that was great. Oh that was great. Yeah, like wow, better than we expected exactly.
Speaker 3: But to know that everyone has the same sort of creative process, yes, yes, well, and to be fair, it kind of also like with us, like when you've been doing it so long with the same group of people, like you have just a language that you're like, I don't even I know I know how this is going to go.
Speaker 2: You just work all together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what the other persons you know, who goes with the flow. Yeah, it's a difficult one, like you just know like, oh, here we go that one doesn't care that one will forget his difficult one.
Speaker 2: Who's the difficult one? Do I want to say it publicly? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's my guy, it's it's well, he's just very opinionated, and he's just like he's the little he's the little guy. He's the he's the youngest. So he's like, hey, guys, hey guys, you should do it this way. And Donnie Wohlberg is like, nope, I'm the driver of this bus. We're doing it this way.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Joseph, he's a bit of a He's very pretty to look at, but he's a bit of a diva. So that's okay. I love you.
Speaker 3: We all need a little diva. We all need a little diva from time to time, so we do. So technically he married us. Uh he phone married us, so I can't. I can't say that, you know, I mean the minister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fuller full in our house. That was amazing. Yeah, talking about a surprise.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was that was so hilarious.
Speaker 3: Uh So yeah, Well, the exciting weekend for you, exciting weekend.
Speaker 2: I will give you a full recap next. I can't wait. You want it or not? Are you kidding. At this point, I want it all. I just I enjoy your joybe I really do like.
Speaker 3: You get just the look on your face right now, you are so excited, and I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it for you.
Speaker 3: I whenever I see people just enjoying the thing that's their jam like, it's great.
Speaker 2: So I'm very happy for you to be so much funny. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's my my one time where I get to go act like a teenager and just have fun and hopefully the kids don't burn down the house and it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be great. It's gonna be awesome. Well just give them a fire extinguishers. Okay, yeah, here's all the fire.
Speaker 3: XP drop and roll and here's yeah, right, here's a fire extinguisher.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to New York A the end of the week because I'm doing press for the Lifetime movie comes out on the twenty first.
Speaker 2: Oh great, I want to watch this this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, it's a you know, rather dramatic title, but uh dateless to Dangerous my Son's Secret Life. Oh you know, it's a whole thing. But it's about, you know, the radicalization.
Speaker 2: Of young men online.
Speaker 3: And I'm sort of into these violent manisphered things and I play the mom so I think it's actually like the first time I've played for the mom of teens, which was great. I was like, oh finally, I'm like, oh right, actually you know a mom of teens.
Speaker 1: So yes, not just babies that are never seen again, right right right for eighties graadies.
Speaker 2: But no, it was I'm really proud of it and excited. So but yeah, I got to go.
Speaker 3: I got to go to uh, good Morning America, and I don't know what else, you know, where are we going?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, so Jess like, here, here's your itinerary. We'll just point you in the right direct.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: And I show up and I do the thing and then I just go point me somewhere next.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, You're fun and I'm gonna be so great.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see you in this role. Very different, very dramatic. Yeah, and I'm sure you're gonna rock it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm excited for it. And then uh, and then I get to go to you know, New.
Speaker 2: York for two nights, so great, are you a show? Are you going to go? I've got a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of I've got several friends. Uh, just because I mescal lived there, and because I was there so often and just over the years, I have quite a bit of friends that live in New York. So it's always like hard to be like, oh no, I have like such a limited time. And also I'm like, I'm tired. I got to get up early in the morning for.
Speaker 2: The jet jet lag. But yeah, I let a couple of.
Speaker 3: People know, I'll probably do like an early dinner, which in New York is you know, eight pm. My god, I forgot how late you guys do things here. But yeah, it'll be sleep, it'll be low key, and uh, it'll probably be hot, humit.
Speaker 2: So I don't imagine all oh yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty much like a fly in, say that night, get up the next day, press fly out the day after.
Speaker 1: So oh so you don't have a ton of time. Okay, I don't have a ton, but it's it's a working trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a work trip, and it's I don't have to, you know, pay for my hotel.
Speaker 2: So I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 1: And sometimes the best thing to do after a press day is to go back to your room and order room service.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm sort of like being at a convention when you're like, I've given everything I've got, I have zero, I have zero left.
Speaker 2: I have no voice.
Speaker 3: I mean I have already no voice from this weekend. So yeah, from from the No King stuff. So yeah, I am a little horse today. Oh man, you're gonna do The protests were great? No, yeah, you're very busy. Yes, I'm very busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you up both days or just Saturday?
Speaker 3: It was just Saturday. Saturday Sunday they shut off downtown. You couldn't any of the freeways, you couldn't get off in downtown.
Speaker 2: You couldn't get downtown. Oh wow, yeah, they closed it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Michael had a he had a photo shoot to do it, a listing somewhere around there for Saturday, and I'm like, I might just move it to Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no way, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna unless you want to come join us, you know what I mean. It's just not Yeah, you're but you're not going to get anywhere easily or effectively, right, It's yeah, right, right?
Speaker 2: Well shall we uh? Shall we do the thing?
Speaker 1: Welcome to season five? This is incredible? How are we here?
Speaker 2: How are we in season five? Right?
Speaker 1: I mean we just watched season four I know how we're here.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know how right I am, Like Jesse says, I know how we got here right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it does feel like it's gone by. It's gone by quickly.
Speaker 3: But yet at the same time, I also feel like we've been doing our show now for like such a long time, Like I don't know, we've just covered so much ground we.
Speaker 1: Have well in season four. Literally we've we were doing season four for like.
Speaker 3: A year, last for like a long time. Twenty six, Yeah, twenty six.
Speaker 1: It's a long time. So I am ready for season five. Welcome back to Howard Taneritos. I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jodie Sweeten, and today we're discussing season five, episode one, Double Treble Woo. It originally aired September seventeenth, nineteen ninety one. Okay, so we're still in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: Still in ninety one later and towards the end.
Speaker 1: Heading towards the end, and it goes a little something like this. Jesse and Rebecca feel confident about parenthood until they learn she is expecting twins. Michelle is nervous on the first day of kindergarten. Okay, so we're repeating some storylines here, like you know, with Stephanie did kindergarten, right, you know, five seasons ago and now Michelle is nervous.
Speaker 2: K kindergarten is a big shift.
Speaker 1: It's a huge shift. Yeah, it's a big, big milestone. This episode was directed by Joels wick Y Joel.
Speaker 2: Yay Joel.
Speaker 1: It was written by Jeff Franklin. We love you, Jeff. We love you despite what we're gonna we love about in this episode. And we have some great guest stars. We have Wendy Cutler as doctor Sinclair. This is her second appearance on Full House. She was here in season three's Mister Egghead as Missus Hardesty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like, we've seen her before, Gregory. She was a different again.
Speaker 3: I mean she she's a part time doctor, you know what I mean, Like she's just your sort of here and there right right right. She it was she went to medical school and was like, you know what I think would be a better option teaching, and so yeah, she's like I think I'm just gonna like do this whole obg y n thing, like I don't know, two three days a week, you know, afternoons.
Speaker 1: Moonlights as a kacologist right after she teaches kindergarteners or not kinder after whatever, she was teaching.
Speaker 2: Third grade, secondrade whatever. Yeah, it's so great.
Speaker 1: But when she will return later this season for episode ten Happy Birthday Babies, when the.
Speaker 3: Oka I was going to say for someone else, No, no, same guynecologists.
Speaker 1: She's a delivery person. She's a big voice actress. She did voices for Frozen and Frozen two, SpongeBob, Sponge on the Run, and Curious George the movie Fantallous. Next, we have Philip Levine as mister Lowry, the hot fourth grade teacher. Like I get it, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, y.
Speaker 2: Grade, Like yeah, yeah, You're just like.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's so cute, you know, you don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He retired from acting after twenty years in the business and became a high school teacher in Santa Barbara, teaching theater arts. So it's like he wasn't clearly inspired.
Speaker 3: This was where it started. We've ended careers and we've also begun some. This is yeah, this is one of our success stories.
Speaker 2: The hot fourth grade teacher.
Speaker 1: Yep. He played Mitch Kaufman on Days of Our Lives in thirty three episodes. We never overlapped though, so unfortunately he was on Dallas and Knott's landing, and he'll be back later this season in episode seventeen Spellbound, Got It, It's not the last of mister Lowry. Then we have the incomparable Jill Lockhart as missus will Trout. Yes, what a legend. She played Timmy's mom and Lassie and doctor Maureen Robinson in Lost in Space. She's the quintessential TV mom and we love her. She's a Broadway actress.
Speaker 2: She wanted Tony like this is super talented, big time. How did we get her?
Speaker 1: I always I'm always asking.
Speaker 2: That, how did we get hurt? I don't know, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then she'll be back to in the next She'll return in the very next episode got It. And last, but certainly not least, we have Taj Maurie Mauri I know response at this point is Taj Maury as Teddy.
Speaker 2: This is his first.
Speaker 1: Appearance we interviewed him and perhaps the most energetic interview of Howard Tannerita vibe such a good vibe. It's just that he really is smiling too. That guy is just a ball of energy. And Last, but certainly not least, we have Jason Clay as student. He doesn't get a name, but he did lots of guest appearances on and he's a nineties show Small Wonder.
Speaker 2: Don't get me started on Small Wonder.
Speaker 3: Love it we recapping that next Gladly Gladly, I mean a little girl robot. Come on, yeah, we should do.
Speaker 1: We should recap Small Wonder Golden Girls, Like there's a lot yeah kids on the block Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: I've got thoughts about a lot of things.
Speaker 1: So we could see so many thoughts.
Speaker 2: But what did the student do? I don't remember him doing anything. Did he say something?
Speaker 1: I don't know he I think he's in your classroom, because I like, is there a boy that says something and he like makes fun of stuff?
Speaker 2: Probably, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, cut his line, but he still got a credit.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but yeah, I didn't recognize him either. All right, We start with the teaser in Michelle's room. It's nighttime and Michelle's eyes are closed, but she's not asleep yet. She shouts, Michelle, go to sleep, you have a big day tomorrow. Then she opens her eyes and admits this is not working.
Speaker 2: Been there.
Speaker 1: Joey walks in and teases, I know someone who can't sleep because she's thinking about her first day of kindergarten.
Speaker 2: And Dave's hair is.
Speaker 1: So long, like, this is mullet.
Speaker 2: He he has crossed the line into mullet territory, Dave. We left the mullet behind in season two. That back Dave, But this was this is is a mullet.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but it's like a little longer on the top like John's was, like the short and the long.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: True, this mullet is more proportional to the rest of his head. But it was still mullet territory.
Speaker 2: It's still mullet territory. It's a choice. It's a choice.
Speaker 3: Look, we're only in ninety one. We haven't gotten that far away from the mullets.
Speaker 1: That's true, it hasn't been.
Speaker 3: There's still some mullet bleed over, you know what I mean. Little Yeah, maybe he.
Speaker 1: Was inspired by the last episode of season four where there were all the mullets and the rippers Jesse.
Speaker 2: And the movie.
Speaker 3: We're not like, yeah, that was just months ago. It was just months ago, early ninety one. Mullets everywhere. So I think we're just we're it's the last sort of that's the the death knell of the mullet.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, yes, this is great. So Michelle responds, so do I, and Joey flicks on the lights and offers to sing her a nice soothing lullaby. He pulls out his harmonica and plays the bluesiest tune we've heard before, the bluesy tune that we've heard before.
Speaker 2: This is like a repeat teaser. Didn't we just do this the bluesy tunes? We just said, it took us forever we get here.
Speaker 3: Do you think when people were watching this week to week they remembered that?
Speaker 1: No, no, just because we watched it like two weeks ago. Feels fresh.
Speaker 3: There's seven sitcom storylines and you know what I mean, like and there's just variations on.
Speaker 2: All of them.
Speaker 1: So they just just changed the actors, change the clothes and ages.
Speaker 2: Has changed the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the same foot also super soothing and really a great way.
Speaker 2: To uh call the child down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much for a lullabye, like this is just energizing her. Uh. So he sings, Michelle's getting sleepy, and she chimes in, oh no she's not. She's excited about kindergarten, and Joey adds, because she gets milk in a little curtain. I remember those little Do they still serve those those little milk curtains?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. It's I haven't been to elementary school. While I think they do, ye like elementary school, because they still get the.
Speaker 1: Little the little tray, yeah, with the sad meal and the limp vegetable and then the carton of milk. Yeah, yeah, okay, Michelle takes it away. When I need to sleep, I get milk and cookies. She jumps out of bed and darts towards the door while Joey finishes his soothing lullaby. She can't she's got the can't sleep. School's starting too excited about kindergarten. Needs some milk and cookie blues, and it's it's early. Michelle runs back in for her grand finale. She sings, oh yeah, joe admits that chick knocks me out. He flips his harmonica back into his shirt pocket and says yeah to end the teaser, and we're done.
Speaker 3: And then there we go, And now we've set up what's happening, Well, at least, well the first's.
Speaker 2: At least tied to the show.
Speaker 3: This is true, rather than just a random Michelle moment where she's feeling uncomfortable and looking to Sugar to solve her problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is relevant. She's nervous about the first day off Kigdergarten.
Speaker 2: True, very true.
Speaker 1: Uh, we see opening credits that are the same as season four. Aren't you new credits yet? I'm really mad because season five is when I finally get my own opening credit, and it's not here.
Speaker 3: Well, it's I don't think it was here yet because I think we shot him after we came back. Yeah, so after we came back, so usually like the second or third week, they come out.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, we'll see him in episode five, so we have to wait a few moments before we see it. But I was just like, oh, I was so excited. Yeah. I normally don't watch the opening credits, but I did this time, waiting to see myself.
Speaker 3: I know, you know what I did too, because I was like, oh, wait, season five, I think we do something different.
Speaker 1: It's we're right, just not yet. It's just not yet. Yes, that's to come. They had to shoot him first and edit them and then put them in.
Speaker 2: Well, we did them in San Francisco. Did we are these the ones?
Speaker 1: No? No, well I did mine in the kitchen set. I don't think, maybe not.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll find out. For a person in San Francisco. I don't remember it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't My memory is not that great. Some of the fanarido's please chime in and let us know where we shot these intros and when they appear. Moving on, we are in the kitchen. Jesse walks into the house, shouting, Hey, everybody, I'm home. It's the middle of the night. It's very Jesse is so Jesse. He sees Commet and excitedly greets him. But Commet couldn't care less that Jesse is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's sleeping.
Speaker 1: Even the door dog retrievers, retrievers who who live to greet you? This one is like, forget it, dude, It's it's too early in the morning.
Speaker 2: Quiet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Jesse runs upstairs and shouts, Hey, wake up, everyone, wake up, I'm home. Wait all the bedroom doors come on, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm just like nobody.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to greet you at three in the morning. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, which is why the next little bit is very funny true.
Speaker 1: All the bedroom doors slowly open to reveal his groggy family members. Jesse is a ball of energy as he hugs each one of them. Danny walks out and reminds Jesse that it's three a m. And tomorrow's the first day of school and Jesse's on lunch making duty tomorrow. After Danny walks away and the rest of the family have gone back into their respective rooms, Jesse can't believe that that's all he gets after being gone all summer.
Speaker 3: Dude, read the room Michelle as exactly a specialty.
Speaker 1: No, he's missing that gene. Michelle appears at her doorway to tell him next time, come home earlier.
Speaker 3: Ye, yes, the child speaks the truth again. The sage wisdom of Michelle is but.
Speaker 1: He ignores her request and shouts becky at the top of his lungs before heading up to the attic.
Speaker 3: Because every pregnant woman loves to be interrupted in their sleep, because it's hard enough not by.
Speaker 1: The time you get in a comfortable position and drift off and you will.
Speaker 2: Get a pee.
Speaker 1: Then you got a pee, and then your your husband heads home and starts screaming your name in the hallway. So Becky is fast asleep, of course, but Jesse continues to yell. Anyway. He turns on the lights when he gets inside, and we see Becky is sporting a huge baby bump.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's a lot quickly gone like he's been going.
Speaker 2: He's been gone the whole summer.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's been like three months. She looks nine months pregnant. That's the whole point of the episode. She finds out there's two of them in there.
Speaker 1: I think, not that you're not that big at eight weeks or ten weeks, you don't really start showing, even with twins. I don't think you start showing untill twenty weeks, eighteen weeks. I've never had twins. I've never had twins either, but I definitely didn't start showing until after twenty weeks. Yeah, yeah, with one, even with a singleton. But anyways, you're right, the joke's gotta work. Becky's huge, she's swearing.
Speaker 2: That big moon bump.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, to be fair, Laurie is tiny and very petite. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: To fit two of them in there, it would look she would it would look.
Speaker 2: Large, that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's a tiny little woman and so yeah, two babies are already taking up a ton of room. Uh and according to wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, according to twins can start to show as early as.
Speaker 2: Six to eight weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, there we go. All right, there we go. These these twins are just stating really fast. Jesse and Rebecca give each other a big hug and kiss, and Jesse notices her belly. He lets out, I have mercy, and she agrees with him, comparing herself to Frosty the Snowman. Jesse says that when he saw her two weeks ago, she looked pregnant, but now she looks enormous.
Speaker 2: Two weeks so he saw her.
Speaker 1: Did he come home two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Did she fly out? And she maybe? I think? Well, remember she was like, I can go with you on some and she was gonna take time off.
Speaker 3: So then she flew home two weeks ago, okay, and he had to wrap things up the last two weeks and then apparently in the last two weeks she has exploded.
Speaker 1: Okay there, that's kind of how it happens too. You know, one day you're day You're like, whoa, where did this come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So Becky's eyes widened at the word enormous and Jackie Jackie.
Speaker 3: Jesse, here we go, Jackie Jacky Jackie lives. Long live Jackie. I will never give that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even Manny was like Jackie like, yes, it's it's a thing now. So Jackie or Jesse backtracks enormously pregnant, and Becky admits she's amazed by it. One morning she just woke up, looked down and her feet were gone. Jesse touches her belly and says, hi to the baby. He's shocked that. He feels the baby kicking, and he asks Becky why it's up so late.
Speaker 3: She laughs, you came in the room, am bro. Even the embryo is like, god, you scared me.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah something?
Speaker 1: Yes, why he's startled and he's trying to go back to sleep.
Speaker 3: He's rolling over trying to get away from a loud noise.
Speaker 1: She laughs, and she grabs a book, telling Jesse he needs to read this because it tells you everything you need to know about having a baby. He nods and begins to read the book right away. He opens up to chapter one and smirks, uh, I think we already covered that chapter Becky laughs and they start to make out and we're out.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean? I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: You're like, Michelle, where do you?
Speaker 2: What is that? What's on that chapter? Right? How do babies sleep? Where do they sleep?
Speaker 3: And there? They come out at night and then they crawl back up in there.
Speaker 1: So the next morning, Danny's drinking his coffee in the kitchen reading the paper when DJ walks down. She is all dressed up in a denim buttoned top and black shorts for her first day of high school, and Danny has to treasure at this moment. He tells her to sit on his lap, and she cringes with embarrassment, and I.
Speaker 2: Too, am cringing with him. By Christmas, Yeah, I was like.
Speaker 1: He remembers the moment he first held DJ in his arms and saw his reflection on her little bald head. She's embarrassed yet again, and she tells him she's got to go, but she points to her outfit and asks him how does she look. He smiles and says cute, and she's devastated. Cute you're supposed to say, I look way too hot and can't leave the house dressed like this. Danny corrects himself. I'm sorry, honey, you look very sexy.
Speaker 3: Oh god, this was so yeah, there were so many other words that it could have been right.
Speaker 2: So many other words.
Speaker 1: This did not land.
Speaker 3: And I know it's supposed to be it's supposed to be uncomfortable, but also it was.
Speaker 1: Another level of uncomfortableness.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, particularly for the fact that she's like kind of wearing a smock, you know, like it's not like she's like it's a long sleeve, like high necked denim shirt. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was nothing revealing about it at all.
Speaker 2: It was just Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Whole moment was not it was it was a it was a weird moment for me, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was super weird. Like the first one didn't land, but then the writer's doubled down into the second awkward moment. It's like, no, none of these jokes are landing. Let's just please, please, let's move on from this moment.
Speaker 2: So thank god.
Speaker 1: Kimmy walks in and she's wearing a black oversized T shirt dress and a patterned scarf around her neck. She looks very demure. She greets dj oh ahdij and then she looks at Danny and calls him Big Dan. Danny says hi and tells Kimmy she looks nice. She smiles, thanks. My dad said the same thing. Danny turns back to DJ to lecture her. You see, you don't always have to dress hot to attract attention. Meanwhile, Kimmy is altering her entire wardrobe behind him. She takes her hair out of the bun, pulls down her bright red tights, and takes off the oversized T shirt reveal a tight fitted, bit dazzled mini dress.
Speaker 2: You looked so cute. It looked great. Let's stare, I say, sexy. No, you looked you did?
Speaker 3: You looked you looked cute. You probably hated every moment of it.
Speaker 1: Well, it was I didn't like revealing things, so I felt self conscious about how right? Right?
Speaker 2: But no, it was great. You looked it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: And I did love this bit because it like doing the timing and the dab and Bob could kind of tell what was happening based on the audience's reaction, right, so you could time it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was a funny.
Speaker 2: You could be so great.
Speaker 1: So while all of this is going on, Danny's lecture to DJ continues and He concludes with right now, you can actually learn something from Kimmy, and then he turns around to see Kimmy's altered appearance and he has to do a double take. Jimmy tells Deeed that they should head out, but DJ admits she has to change, considering her dad wants her to be more like Kimmy. Danny grabs DJ's hands and then says, no, no, no, you just go to school. He turns back and glances at Kimmy and then begs DJ please make new friends. She kisses her dad goodbye, and she and Kimmy head out. Then Jesse makes his way into the kitchen. He's instructing Becky on how to maneuver down the stairs with her big belly. Becky reminds him she's an expecting mother, not a jumbo jet.
Speaker 3: I would have.
Speaker 2: Thrown some of his head by now.
Speaker 3: And blamed it on Hormone's been like, I'm not responsible for my actions.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, uh, Jesse responds, Please, the baby can pick up your sarcasm. Becky is confused, so he explains, I was up all night reading that baby book and it said that even in the womb, the baby can sense everything that's going on, So starting right now, I want happy voices and soothing sounds. Danny wonders if he's going a bit overboard, and Jesse reminds him, I'm gonna be a father. Do you know what a big job that is? And Danny sarcastically remarks, oh gosh, no, Jess tell me. Jesse ignores the sarcasm and says that means I'm going to be responsible for another human life, and I want it to start outright. He makes his way back to Becky and hands her a cassette player, telling her to carry it at all times.
Speaker 2: Oh, a cassette play.
Speaker 1: I know. This was just a relic, right.
Speaker 3: A cassette player Walkman, which was like the height of technology.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was cool. When those came out. Everybody had to have one.
Speaker 2: Everybody had to have them.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you, the headphones. If there is an opposite of noise canceling.
Speaker 2: It's those.
Speaker 3: It was, and it was like, it's sort of like your own little concert, but really it's you and the seven people standing within six feet of you who can hear everything that's going on on.
Speaker 2: These two little like sponges on.
Speaker 1: The ear, tiny little sponges. Yes, there was no filtering.
Speaker 3: Everyone could hear what it sounded like crap, I mean just the tape and sounded and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we it was the best. You could put one of those on it, rollerblade, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You could, you could. You had portable music for the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was big. This was very big. So uh. He places this cassette player near Becky's belly and it begins to play what else but Elvis?
Speaker 2: Or close enough to Elvis that we can pay for true.
Speaker 1: Becky breaks the news that she will not be listening to Elvis twenty four hours a day, and Jesse had a feeling she'd say that, so he came prepared. He plugs a pair of headphones into the cassette player and places them around Becky's stomach To solve this problem, He proudly tells his wife, I bet its little lip is curling up right now. Then his eyes widened as he realizes the baby heard him call it it. Jesse tells her that they have to find out the gender, but Becky pushes back, no, you promised that we'd be surprised. Jesse reminds her, happy sounds, soothing voices, so Becky repeats herself in an over the top happy tone. Now, Jess, you agreed that we'd be surprised. Jesse's tone is just as happy as he says, but I want you to change your mind, and they argue back and forth in these cheerful tones. When Danny approaches Becky, he lifts the headphones from her belly to assure the baby, don't you worry? Your parents aren't always.
Speaker 2: This kookie and how are though?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, that's that's pretty normal behavior.
Speaker 1: This is get used to it now, kid, because these are your parents. Did you find out the gender or the sex of your kids or did you did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I wanted to know. I was like, I just wanted to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, found out what girls for both of them, I mean obviously because that that Yeah, but uh.
Speaker 2: We'll gotta be you know, good, go by the way never no, right, but no, they found out ahead of time. I just wanted to know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I found out with Tate and then I was surprised with Felicity. So I've done it both ways. Okay, I don't really have a preference. I wanted to know with Tate because there were so many unknowns I'd never been pregnant before.
Speaker 2: I need I need certainty, right right, I need to know things.
Speaker 1: So I found out with him and then with Felicity.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's try it.
Speaker 1: Let's just let's just be surprised. I was convinced it was another boy, and then they brought her out and it's like it's a girl. And I was like, what really? So I had no mother's intuition, but yeah, no, no, just done.
Speaker 2: Right, everyone's happen.
Speaker 3: Fifty percent of people were like, oh, you're carrying a boy, and the other hover were like, oh, it's definitely a girl.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, it's a fifty to fifty chance, right.
Speaker 3: You're like, it's something I don't it's there's a baby in here for sure.
Speaker 1: As long as it's a healthy baby, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted to know.
Speaker 3: I think, you know why, I just I guess maybe I just want to I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think most of peoples find out now because you just why wait when you can find out weeks or whenever. I think it's earlier now.
Speaker 3: And I also will say the the uh sort of gender neutral colors weren't as popular back then, so it was really hard to find stuff that was not pink or blue, you know, or girly or you know, like a little mini sports uniform like so gendered. Right, So it was like, yeah, I feel like now I probably would be like, no, you know what, there's lots of options for like how I can how I want to set things up and be prepared, and I don't feel like I have to.
Speaker 2: Be you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, yeah, back in back when Felicity was born, it was like we had to do everything in yellow because right, yellow onesies and that. Yet yeah, other options it was either blue, pink or yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: And which is so silly anyway, It's like it could be and you just put them in anything and you're gonna puke all over it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it doesn't matter, right, it's gonna be it's gonna be like a like a olive green, you know, pretty soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So don't get too connected.
Speaker 2: What it's supposed to look like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those early poops, those, especially if you're breastfeeding, the breast breastfed poops are just I don't.
Speaker 2: Even know if the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's move on quickly, I was trying. We're back in the girls room. Joey walks in and asks Michelle and Steph if they are ready for their first day of school, and Steph is super excited. Are you kidding this year? I'm getting a man teacher and he's a major babe. Michelle grins ooh, and Steph tells her that fourth grade is going to be so awesome. She looks down at her beautiful floral dress and admits, I look good, I feel good, and I'm wearing a smile. That says, Stephanie Tanner, you are a winner.
Speaker 2: What is that from?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that from something?
Speaker 2: I thought you were leaving from something?
Speaker 3: It's or it was like a like a an ad, like an ad for something or what. Yeah, I feel like it was something like almost I don't know, like not weight watchers or somebody was like one of those like I look good, I feel good, and I'm wearing a smile or something like. I feel like it was a.
Speaker 1: That does seem a little familiar, like a Jerry maguire, although that was later.
Speaker 2: Giving yourself like some sort of a yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Something okay, Well, your confidence was unmatched, like I was, like I wish I was that confident as a fourth grader because right, I was feeling just the other.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you that dress was one of my favorites. I love that so it was cute, little ballet flat.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, your hair was adorable.
Speaker 2: Like you look half a half downside pony action.
Speaker 1: You're very grown up, I can tell you. Gottle explosion of bangs always still.
Speaker 2: Seasons.
Speaker 1: So Steph walks out of the room with her head held high, and Joey asks Michelle how she's feeling about school. The soon to be kindergartener admits, well, not as ready as she is, and then she asks Joey, are the other kids gonna like me? Joey responds nobly, well, yeah, let the pet bird fly out of the wind, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I hope it doesn't go as bad as pre school.
Speaker 1: Right, she doesn't have a great track window. Yeah, but Joey reassures her, of course they're gonna like you. But to be sure, you should do what I did on my first day of school when kids asked me my name, I would just go and he does his Bullwinkle impression as he says, hello, my name's Joey Gladstone. He claims that after he did that, all the kids laughed and they all became friends. Then he tells Michelle to try it. She puts her hands on her head to imitate Antlers and says, hello, my name is Joey Gladstone. Joey laughs and tells her that was good, but next time she should try it using her own name. He does the Bullwinkle impression once more and use Michelle's name to show her and she copies him to a tea.
Speaker 3: Works every time, well excepts how I introduced myself to a room full of new people has Bullwinkle. I can't even do a buwll Einkle impression. I just breaks the ice, you know.
Speaker 2: So there's just like, who are you trying to imitate? Yeh yeah, yeah, They're like, are you okay? I'm like, ah, just it's a joke, gotcha.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People love that.
Speaker 1: So next we're on location outside the elementary.
Speaker 3: My gosh, we are outdoors, we are out of the studio.
Speaker 1: People just don't hold on to your hats. I looked this up. This is Virginia Road Elementary School off the ten and Librea in New KOs City. Yeah, it's near Culver City. So yeah, it was great. It's a great, great looking building for elementary school. Loved it. Danny and Joey are standing with stephan Michelle in front of the school, and Michelle is in shock. This is my school, it's so big. Joey reminds her that she's a big girl now, but she shakes her head, not that big. Danny assures her she's going to be just fine, but if she needs any help, Stephanie will be in the same school. Steph lends her little sister some words of encouragement. Don't worry, kindergarten is just like preschool, only without the naps. Michelle admits that's too bad. She's good at naps.
Speaker 3: Never heard a kid say that. I never heard been like, you know, I'm really you know what. I love naps, love him.
Speaker 1: I hate naps, naps. But Michelle's wise beyond her years.
Speaker 2: I'm good at naps. No love naps.
Speaker 1: I love nap. I wish I was better at naps, though I always I always nap too long and then I wake up cranky. So I really yeah, yeah, you have to hit that window, like that twenty to thirty minute window and then force yourself awake. Anyways, Danny, Joey, and steph all begin to walk toward the school, but Michelle doesn't budge. She stares at the building with hesitation, and then they grab her hand and lee her inside. In the classroom, Danny and Joey lead Michelle into the brand new classroom. Danny asks, doesn't this look like the happiest place on Earth? Michelle tells him no, that's Disneyland. Then Michelle's teacher, Missus Wiltrout, introduces herself to the family. She asks what her new student's name is, and Michelle says, Michelle Elizabeth Tanner. This is my first day at school. Missus Wiltrout smiles, That's okay, it's everybody's first day. Michelle is visibly nervous, so Danny crouches down to wish her the best first day at school. He knows she's gonna love it. Michelle admits, I hope you're right. Then Joey crouches down and does his Bullwinkle impression to remind her how to make new friends. The guys walk toward the door and say goodbye to Michelle, and she gives them a small little wave in response. She turns around and sets her lunch box down at an airby table. The boy who we know. As Teddy looks at her her and asks who are you. Michelle puts her hands on her head and does her Bullwinkle impression, just like she was taught, and says, my name's Michelle Tenner. Teddy looks at her like she grew another head. He admits, you are a strange kid.
Speaker 3: That is probably the response that I would have expected.
Speaker 1: He's not I mean, he's not wrong, but it's you know, it's a little harsh for a first encounter, but as well, yeah, this is what.
Speaker 2: Teddy start strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, no, girl, He's like, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Lie to you to be nice.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you that you're strange. He quickly walks away, and Michelle sadly states, they hate me already. I'm out of here. She walks out of the room and into the hallway, which is filled with elementary schoolers that are much bigger than her. The bell rings and the kids hurry through the halls to get to class. Michelle yells to anyone who will listen, excuse me, excuse have you seen my sister Stephanie Tanner. None of the kids answer her, and soon enough she's left in the hallway all alone. The sad music begins to play as Michelle sighs, I don't know about this, and yet again she is unsupervised and alone this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, great, great teacher for kindergarten kid wanders out, yeahs.
Speaker 1: And kids, nobody, there's nobody.
Speaker 2: A short one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is so the nineties. Like now you got to get like.
Speaker 2: A hall pass.
Speaker 1: You gotta have any thing, right, it's the whole thing now, right. Yeah. So next we're at the doctor's office. Becky and Jesse are at a pregnancy check up. Becky has to remind him that they don't want to know if it's a boy or a girl, and Jesse nods in agreement. The doctor approaches them and says this is an interesting sonogram boy, and Jesse immediately cuts her off and exclaims, it's a boy. We'll name him Jesse. He quickly walks over to the doctor so he can take a peek at the sonogram. He asks, how does the baby's hair look? Doesn't need moosee. He's got priorities, you know, he's on a priority.
Speaker 2: Bless Becky, just bless.
Speaker 1: The doctor clarifies that she didn't say it's a boy. And Jesse responds, Oh, it's a girl, Jessica Junior. He tells Becky she's not dating until she's thirty five. The doctor reminds him that she didn't say it's a girl either, and Jesse wonders, well, what's left a lot of things. Becky decides it's her turn to butt in. All we want to know is that the baby is healthy in the right. The doctor tells her to relax. She doesn't smoke or drink, so she's doing everything right. She assures them both that the babies will be just fine. Becky is satisfied with the news and begins to walk out, repeating the doctor's words that the babies will be just fine, but Jesse stops dead in his tracks and asks the doctor, did you just say babies? And Becky walks right back in and says, did she just say babies? The doctor nods, that's what I said. You're having twins. The audience erupts into a pause.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 1: Becky smiles in disbelief, while Jesse stares at the doctor in horror. Becky laughs as she asks the doctor who's having twins? She responds, you are, congratulations. Becky whips around to face Jessie and shouts, we're having twins. She gives him a big hug, but he's still frozen in place. He finally says, twins. I just wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl. He holds up two fingers to clarify we're having twins. That's a two babies at one time. That's when the first baby comes out, and then the second baby comes out, and then we take them home and raise them. The doctor tells him that's generally how it works pretty much. She hands them their sonogram and Jesse holds it up to the light. Becky tells them how exciting this is their first baby pictures. The doctor shows them the two different heads and mentions that sometimes one of the twins will hide behind the other. Becky thinks it's adorable that they're already playing together, but Jesse doesn't look like he's on the same wavelength. He asks the doctor if there are any more hiding back there.
Speaker 2: She's a fair question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 2: I'm with no offense, but with the size, i'd be like, I don't know, I mean three or four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got a full house in there. So Becky is so excited about all of this, she wants to head down to work so she can tell everybody. Jesse says he's going to stay back to ask a few questions. Becky tells him that they can celebrate tonight. They give each other a kiss, and she exclaims, once more, we're having twins. He tries to look excited for her, but once she's gone, he lets the nerves show. The doctor notices him staring at the sonogram and asks if he's all right. Jesse tries to convince her that he's doing great. It's an extra baby, so he's extra happy. Before he was just responsible for one human life, but now he's responsible for two. At the sound of this, he lies down on the examination table and puts the oxygen mask on his face.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean would be overwhelming.
Speaker 1: You know his reaction is not abnormal. This is shocking news. It's overwhelming, So I give him a pass on this. You know who took the car though, yet it they must have arrived in separate cars.
Speaker 2: Where are they parking all these cars?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm digging too deep. Now, well, yeah, forget it.
Speaker 1: Now you have to pay to park at hospitals, which I, you know, have feelings about I don't think have you.
Speaker 2: Two separate cars in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, it's a recipe for disaster, it really is. But maybe she was on her way to work, and so she's like yeah.
Speaker 3: She was like yeah, because and you know what I do often is when the doctor hasn't really told me a lot of information, I just go cool, thanks.
Speaker 1: By, and I'm out.
Speaker 3: She's like, anyway, I see you later. Right, you didn't really actually even tell me that I'm having twins. You just sort of we just guessed, and yeah, you were like being coy about it.
Speaker 2: So now I'm going to leave.
Speaker 1: By. Yeah, no more information needed about maybe different plans for the delivery or bedroom and whatever is to come, you know, none of that. So next we're in Stuff's classroom and Stephanie's man teacher is telling his class that one of.
Speaker 2: Them is a teacher man or just a teacher.
Speaker 1: Hey, in the nineties, this was rare to have a male teach.
Speaker 3: I mean it's yeah, there's it's still they're still underrepresented in the JAR.
Speaker 1: I think for my whole you know, K through twelve, I probably had one male teacher the entire.
Speaker 3: Girls a couple male teachers and that they loved that were just really wonderful and sweet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, there are they are. My brother, my brother, the lawyer. Before he was a lawyer, he was a second grade teacher. So and kids loved him. Oh I loved him.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they were great. Uh.
Speaker 1: So the man teacher is telling the class that one of the most exciting things about fourth grade is that they'll be using computers.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Wow, there's a view one in the classroom.
Speaker 1: One one computer, probably very boxy and very slow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could play snake on it if you're lucky, or I don't even know if an organ trails around. Now, fourth grade organ trail was around. I remember playing that and getting dysentery often.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so great.
Speaker 1: So he asks if anyone has ever used a computer?
Speaker 2: Has anyone ever? Oh my, I love this. This is so god, we're so old.
Speaker 1: This is so nineteen ninety one, because yeah, not everybody had a computer.
Speaker 2: Stephanie proudly stands up.
Speaker 1: I've used my sister's computer. She used up the last of the cream rints in the shower this morning. That's why my hair doesn't have as much body and bounce as it usually does.
Speaker 2: My hair never has body and bounces.
Speaker 1: The class stares at her in silence, and she awkwardly says, I guess I'll sit down now. She looks around and tries to assure everyone I'm really not a geek. Then we spot Michelle jumping up to look at Stephanie through the door. The man teacher continues, the other thing we'll be doing is breaking the class into discovery groups. The class door opens and Michelle crawls in, trying to stay undetected, but the teacher notices her right away and announces, oh, here's our first discovery. Stephanie winces at the sight of her younger sister. Michelle crawls under the desk and behind stephan whispers it's me Michelle, and Steph whispers back, I know who you are. Then the teacher asks if she likes to introduce everyone to her guest. Stephanie winces not really, so Michelle does the honors. I'm her sister, Michelle, and the teacher introduces himself as mister Lowry. Michelle tells her sister.
Speaker 2: You were right. He is a major, babe, and then Steph melt into the floor. The second hand embarrassment.
Speaker 1: I felt for your character.
Speaker 3: Steph's like, I'm homeschooled.
Speaker 1: Now. It doesn't get worse than that. This is just piling on, oh man. The fourth graders all burst into laughter, and Steph just wants to hide for the rest of the school year. She asks her sister, through gritted teeth, why aren't you in kindergarten? Michelle size nobody likes me there. I want to stay with you. The audience aws, but Steph lets out a fake laugh. What a sense of humor? She asks mister Lowry, can I take her back to kindergarten? And he nods, of course you can. She thanks him, and then requests try not to teach anything until I get back.
Speaker 2: She's just committed. She's very committed to fourth grade, you know.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't want to miss a single lesson, so just, you know, keep your hands busy until I get back. Next we're back in the school hallway. Stephanie is holding Michelle's hand as she walks her back to her classroom, but Michelle begs, I don't want to go back. Stephanie tells her, don't worry. Your big sister's on the job. Now there's no reason why any of those kindergartener kids shouldn't like you. I mean, you're a terrific little person, and Michelle responds, don't tell me, tell them. So Stephanie opens the door to the classroom and announces, look what I found. Miss Wiltrout sighs with relief. There you are, Michelle. What happened?
Speaker 3: She wasn't looking very hard, she wasn't didn't leave the classroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still not feeling very confident about this school and the security protocols.
Speaker 2: Well, early nineties, it was a different time. Things are so different.
Speaker 1: Michelle points to Teddy and explains that boy said I was strange, and Teddy defends himself. She talks with her hands on her head.
Speaker 3: Excellent point, everyone knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Steph chimes in, I think I can help here, May I. Miss Wiltrout gives her the floor and Steph brings Michelle with her. She tells the class Michelle was just trying to show you the cool new way to say hello, the Bullwinkle way. The kids stare at her in confusion, so Steph walks them through it. She tells them to put their antlers up, and they all obey her command, including miss wiltrout. Then Steph tells them to repeat after her. She puts on her best Bullwinkle voice and says, good morning Michelle.
Speaker 3: If it was best, it was adequate, It was as good as I could do.
Speaker 2: Nobody can do that.
Speaker 3: You have to do a voice, was like, I know, because when you're when you're like with Dave, you're like, nothing's going to be good.
Speaker 1: Nobody's as good as Dave. And it's the worst when you have to do something you know you're terrible at and you got to perform it multiple times, that's the worst feeling.
Speaker 2: But you did.
Speaker 1: Fine, You did just fine.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The kindergarteners repeat the greeting, and then Michelle responds in her Bullwinkle voice, good morning to you. All the kids laugh in response, and Stephanie asks, wasn't that fun? Let's all thank Michelle for showing us how to be a little bit cooler. The fourth graders give Michelle a round of applause and say yay, and Steph tells her little sister, see they like you.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, The fourth graders give Michelle around.
Speaker 1: Ap oh sorry, the kindergarteners no, oh.
Speaker 3: No, said I said it on the thing, and I was like no, I was like like wait, which, yeah, I was very I was sorry. That was really I thought I was lost. We have I was wandering the halls, wondering sposed to be in.
Speaker 1: We've been in this scene so long that kindergarteners have now they've got so Miss Wiltrout tells Stephanie she did a good job, and Steph begins to walk out and her work here is done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sense teacher's not doing it so right. Somebody had to take charge, somebody, somebody had to find the kid. Michelle calls after her, Stephanie. She turns around and asks yes. Michelle does her Bullwinkle impression.
Speaker 1: And says thank you very much, and Steph responds, you're welcome in the same Bullwinkle voice.
Speaker 2: That was a cute little moment though. It was cute.
Speaker 1: I love that Steph is now the big sister mentoring the little sister. You know, it's just you kind of swapped. Yeah, you know where DJ was mentoring Steph five seeks ago, and now you're mentoring Michelle.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So next we're in the kitchen, Danny and Joey are watching comments scarf down his lunch Danny congratulates the dog for cleaning his plate, and then he reminds Commet to do what he taught him. Comet picks up the bowl with his mouth and ops it into the sink. The audience cheers for the dog, who happily trots away.
Speaker 2: I can kids tell me that, right? I know.
Speaker 1: I think you can train a dog, but much harder to train your kids. Danny tells Joey he can learn something from Comet.
Speaker 2: I mean, the dog's keeping it together. I know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jesse walks in, looking bewildered from today's events. Danny walks up to him and congratulates him on having twins. Jesse congratulates him too, adding, boy, when you do something, you really do it. They ask Jesse where he's been all day, and Jesse tells them he was at the doctor's office. Danny checks his watch and points out that their appointment was three hours ago. Jesse admits, I forgot I had a car, well car, so he.
Speaker 2: Was just wandering around for three hours looking for the car. And he looks like, yeah, it's like where did that park that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's at Wake Up San Francisco. But he admits, my head is just kind of jammed. Having a baby is great, but having twins. Danny tells him that twins are gonna be twice as great. Twice the love, twice, the hugs, twice the kisses. Then Danny magically duplicates right before our eyes. His twin has a five o'clock shadow, his shirt's unbuttoned to show most of his chest, and he's wearing two gold chains. The twin says, it's not that simple, Jesse, boy, twins are twice the feeding, twice the crying, twice the diapers, and twice the responsibility. Danny looks at his clone and asks, who are you? The man responds, I'm your evil twin, Manny Tanner, and Danny tells Manny that he needs a shower. This is so weird, but you can tell Bob is loving it, Like Bob is just loving doing this Manny Tanner bit.
Speaker 3: I was like, so are we all having a like a joint delusion?
Speaker 2: Then are we all?
Speaker 3: We're all and that we're all talking to it together, okay, and he noticed it.
Speaker 1: I think it's almost always Jesse that's having these like the fish eye weird delusions.
Speaker 2: Jesse and Michelle need to go, you know, to a real it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, perhaps a psychiatrist even he could have some you know some it happens around early twenties, you know, schizoephective disorder can sort of take called.
Speaker 2: It could be something very problematic.
Speaker 3: It could be he's continually seeing strange things and he also has twins across the world. Like stop, ros, so this is it all comes back and it.
Speaker 1: All comes back to twins.
Speaker 2: You're right?
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, you know, somebody at the live show asked us that question, how would you turn full House into a soap opera? Here?
Speaker 2: Yet here? That's it. Everyone's everyone has an evil twin.
Speaker 1: Everybode has an evil twin. Some of them increase.
Speaker 3: Some of them are in San Francisco, some of them are in Lisbon.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like yeah, they're just all over the map.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So uh. One of one of these people reminds Jesse that twins will mean twice as Oh yeah, Danny. Danny reminds Jesse that twins will mean twice as many I love you Daddy's and Jesse just rubs his eyes trying to make this hallucination stop. Manny tells Danny, you live in a bubble. You liceol loving hug freak. Jesse nervously looks at Joey, telling him he's really cracking up here. Joey guarantees that he'll make a great father, and then Joey's twin appears beside him, and he has a slick back ponytail.
Speaker 3: And sounds like uh, joe Peshy, Yes he does.
Speaker 1: The twin asks, what do you know? You're thirty three years old and you wear Scooby Doo pajamas. The Twin's not wrong, Yes, he's not wrong. Joey defends himself, just the bottoms, and I suppose you're my evil twin? He responds, yeah, what was your first clue? Sherlock? The evil twin turns his gaze to Jesse. You can kiss your rock and roll days goodbye. You won't look so cool with a twin on each arm and a spit up rag on each shoulder. Joey frowns, you know, for an evil twin, you're not very nice, and the twins snarkily responds, oh, good, come back and starts to laugh at him. Manny begins to laugh too, causing Danny and Joey to argue with each of their evil Twins. Jesse's just watching it all in complete and utter horror, before finally yelling for everyone to.
Speaker 3: Stop, as was I, yes, same I do. I'm like, is this really happening? Am I hallucinating? Are we all in? It? Has time stopped?
Speaker 2: Did we do? Like the out of this world thing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Did we?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like the time?
Speaker 1: So? What is.
Speaker 2: This is? It's? It was? It was?
Speaker 3: It was just wasn't sure whose hallucination it was and how it was happening that they were all talking to each other.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know this this bit didn't really land for me. I enjoyed seeing Bob and Dave do these different bits. Oh yeah, this whole part just didn't really land for me. That's okay. Uh So the Evil Twins disappear. Jesse's relieved to see only Danny and Joey, but the guys look at Jesse with concern. Joey reminds him that he's been up all night, so he probably just needs some sleep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So none of that happened.
Speaker 1: None of that really, So Danny and Joey didn't see it happen. It was just the audience inside Jesse's head got it yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that seems like it because they are like, what happened? We weren't there, we weren't just talking to our evil twins. So it feels so what happened? What were they doing? I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: We've put way more thought into this than the writers did.
Speaker 2: So I'm absolutely.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so. Jesse thinks otherwise, and then Comet runs in, and there's two of Comet. Finally Jesse's like, hey, you know what, maybe a nap wouldn't hurt. Next, Jesse walks into the living room and finds Michelle coloring. She asks if he wants to play, and he sighs now, shorty, I got a lot of stuff on my mind.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Michelle responds, a not so fast, mister, park it right here for a session. Even Michelle knows now she can I anticipate when he needs a session, you know. She points to the spot next to her. But Jesse says he just really doesn't want to talk right now. Michelle reminds me, when has that ever been the case? Never, she reminds him he always talks to her. Yeah, yes, And finally Jesse agrees with her. I guess you're right. I've been spilling my guts to you since before you were able to talk back, right like, They finally say what we've all.
Speaker 3: Been thinking this one and the end of the last one, Michelle the therapist, here's today.
Speaker 1: Michelle nods, spill those guts and Jesse asks if she's heard about this twins thing, and Michelle responds, yes, I did. I'm very proud of you. Jesse laughs, thank you. But I don't know. I guess I'm just apprehensive, Michelle.
Speaker 2: What's the word you would use with a kindergarten.
Speaker 1: Michelle questions, appra What he explains, apprehensive, It means that I'm nervous about the twins. This has got to be our little secret, okay, because I'm afraid to talk to the family about it.
Speaker 3: So I'm talking to a kindergarten. Kindergarten that's telling her not to tell anyone. This is tell the five year old to keep a secret.
Speaker 2: That really a big emotional thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, uh, he says.
Speaker 1: The family thinks of me as being so together and in control all the time. I just want them to see me like this.
Speaker 2: Like that, Jesse.
Speaker 3: I don't think that anyone in the house thinks of you as being so together and in control all the time.
Speaker 1: It's that doesn't matter what they think. Jesse thinks that that's what they think, right, so you know we're just in judging him.
Speaker 2: Uh. He sighs.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do, and Michelle says I do, and she yells at the top of her lungs Stephanie. Jesse asks, what are you doing? And Michelle explains Stephanie helped me at school. She's a genius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when you got to see your therapist, therapist like that, you kill me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like the grand therapist. You're like, yeah, gotta move up the ranks, moving up in the rank. Steph runs in and asks what's wrong. Jesse tries to tell her it's nothing, but Michelle spills the beans. Uncle Jesse's apprehensive. That means nervous. Jesse tries to convince Stephanie that he's fine. He says, no offense. But I think you're just a little young for this problem. But Michelle isn't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. He thinks of Michelle, yeah.
Speaker 1: And but everyone else is not. So I this is a very interesting psychology. And if there's any real life therapist listening to this, Please tell it, Please write in and.
Speaker 2: Explain to us the emotional burdening of a child.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Yeah, the parents of parentification sort of of a child. Yeah, the therapistification.
Speaker 1: This is why Michelle didn't return Fuller House, because she's like, like, I don't want to hear your listening to you.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So Steph understands this, and then she takes the liberty of yelling out for DJ to come help. DJ comes running down the stairs and asks what's going on. Steff explains that Uncle Jesse is apprehensive.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: Jesse tries to tell them he's fine. He says it's an adult thing, but.
Speaker 2: It is not. So DJ has the solution.
Speaker 1: She shouts at the top of her lungs, Dad, Joey, Aunt, Becky, Jesse's uncle, Jesse's apprehensive. Oh God. So now they all come running in and.
Speaker 2: Jesse tells them he's fine.
Speaker 1: He claims that he's just having a bad hair day, so he's a little apprehensive about his pH balance. But Michelle reminds him, you said you were apprehensive about the twins. Jesse frowns at his therapist and says, here's a new word for you. Blabbermouth like, I don't feel bad for you, Jesse. You walked right into this. You spilled your guts to a five year old and expected her to keep You live.
Speaker 3: In a house with the nosiest people ever, who are have not a boundary and are so in.
Speaker 2: Each other's business. You think this is gonna be a secret.
Speaker 3: No, yes, there's no patient doctor hacinating, hallucinating things in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out eventually.
Speaker 1: So Becky asks, I thought you were happy about the twins, and Jesse unconvincingly responds, I'm extremely happy. I'm thrilled. But he looks her in the eyes and finally admits I'm lying. He takes a seat and confesses I'm scared to death. Steff speaks up, Uncle Jesse, You're never scared. He shrugs, well, I've never been a father before. Having one kid is scary enough, but the of having two. DJ tells him he's the greatest uncle in the world, but he says that being an uncle is easy. He listens to a problem, throws in his two cents, and dumps the final decision on.
Speaker 2: The dad or Michelle or Michelle.
Speaker 1: Now he'll be the one responsible his baby's lives are going to be in his hands. If he makes one wrong decision, he'll screw up two lives. He looks at his wife in sighs, Oh, I'm sorry, Becky. You must think I'm a real jerk. Becky takes a seat next to him and says, no, I'm just as scared as you. Oh. Jesse responds, Oh, great, who's gonna take care of our kids? They both smile, and Danny lets them in on a secret. What you guys are going through is perfectly normal. He takes a seat next to them and remembers, I was a nervous wreck the first time I became a parent, but once you hold that little baby in your arms, you can't believe the feeling still terrifying. Yeah, it's still terrifying, But I was like, that doesn't just go away.
Speaker 3: And you're like, oh, oh, I'm so happy you're here, and now I'm happy and terrified, And I didn't know I could feel those two things.
Speaker 2: At the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that terrified feeling lasts pretty much a full year, at least a FULLI I'm.
Speaker 3: Still terrified these children are going out with their friends now and doing things I'm scared.
Speaker 1: To death to yet newborns and teenagers like be afraid. If I put it in a chair, it stayed. You know, they just cry a lot and you just wipe their poop. That's easy compared to teenagers. Yeah, so Joey chimes in. He tells them they're going to be great parents and they're all here whenever they need. Danny nods in agreement, telling Jesse, for the past four years, you've been living in this house and you've been Uncle Jesse. But now I'm gonna get to be Uncle Danny O. Your kids are going to be so clean. Dj offers I'll babysit my new cousins anytime except Friday and Saturday nights, and Steph adds I'll take Friday and Saturday until I start dating. Michelle tells them I'll help too, but no diapers. They make me apprehensive. Jesse smiles and thanks them all. He admits he's still a little scared, but knowing that they're there to back him up makes him happy. Becky tells him, I'm sure that we're gonna make our share of mistakes, but one thing is for sure. No two kids are gonna be loved more and he nods you can count on that. They give each other a kiss, and then Jesse excitedly tells the family that they have to see their first baby picture. Everyone gathers around to look at the sonogram and they all awe when they see the twins. And that's our show.
Speaker 2: We're off to baby Lamb. We're having twins. Ye everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh, this was a great opener.
Speaker 2: I thought it was.
Speaker 1: It sets up the rest of the season. I love that Jess. I love how honest Jesse is in this episode. You know, it's a very relatable feeling.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: And I think also like the feeling that like you have to that you can't say anything, that you're nervous, you know what I mean. And I think a lot of new parents go through that, even after you have the baby. You know, Oh yeah, you're like, I don't I don't know if this is I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know how if I'm settled into that. I don't know if I like this yet, I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: This is, this is overwhelming, and you know, I just think a lot of people think, like, oh, you can't say that, because somehow it makes you.
Speaker 1: Say, don't yeah, to be a parent or to no, it's just it's a lot, it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: And it was Yeah, it was nice to see, you know.
Speaker 3: Kind of that be addressed between Jesse and Becky at the end, Jackie, if you will, Jackie.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, Jackie, No, it was.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: It's it's pregnancy and childbirth. It's not all sunshine and rainbows. People think, oh, it's a magical time, and I'm like, no, it's not. It's filled with a lot of apprehension and worry and yes, let's be honest about our feelings instead of pretending like everything is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's yeah, becoming a parent isn't easy or you know, just all yeah, like you said, sunshine and roses.
Speaker 2: It can be a lot.
Speaker 1: It could be a lot.
Speaker 3: So I will say hats off to all the parents of like twins, twins, triplets and up. I do I don't know, I yeah, I mean how you do it? Yeah, I don't know how you do it. I mean you just do it because you have to, you know what I mean. Like you, it's just they show up.
Speaker 2: You're like, well, yes, we're here, you know we're here.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, oh, gosh, it would be really really overwhelming, so overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Yep, these are natural, natural reactions, and I thought it was really well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except it's weird hallucination, weird middle, well, the weird hallucination in the middle.
Speaker 3: Uh, the the mention of Danny calling DJ just saying that she looks sexy. It was a little odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some weird stuff and a couple.
Speaker 3: Of you know, but overall, it was a really cute storyline.
Speaker 2: We're just being silly with our just look and silly stuff, but.
Speaker 3: No, it was a it was a cute storyline, and I'm very excited to see kind of what happens over over season five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the babies and stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, how my goodness, how much bigger did you get?
Speaker 1: We have at least ten weeks to go, because I think the babies are born around episode ten, so yeah, she's going to be growing, you grow, right in those last two and a half months. Yeah, so yeah, poor Becky, Yeah, poor Becky. My back hurt's just looking at her.
Speaker 2: I know, right, don't envy?
Speaker 1: Did you have any everywhere you looks?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: Oh good, I did in the classroom of course, in Steph's classroom. Directly next to me was Hillary's wick Shoal's daughter, and directly behind Ashley or Mary kay whoever. I think it was Mary Kate that was in that scene with me directly behind her, Uh was Jamie his son? Oh oh yeah, yeah, so Jamie and Hillary were both were both in that right and they're always just right prominently placed because that's Joel was like, Hey, when you're the director, you get to be the director's kid and you get the shot.
Speaker 1: Joel, Joel knows how to set a shot so they can be seen us.
Speaker 2: But no, it was that.
Speaker 3: That was the everywhere you look that I had in that's great in that I don't I didn't have any others, did you.
Speaker 1: I just have one not related to any of the background actors. But your dress has that little cinch clip.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love those cinch clips from the nineties because the.
Speaker 3: Dresses were like big, sort of like root, you know whatever, and then you would yeah, you just kind of clipped it in the back.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great way.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, kind of sind it in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Those were big. You put them on jackets, oh, put them on dresses. Loved them. They would bring them back if I think, because you know what, sometimes I'm like, I could it just.
Speaker 1: As a little just a little lousy. Yeah, yeah, you just need a little bit, there's just a little cinch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well, you know what I'm gonna. I think I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring these back. It's my it's my goal for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: New idea.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll have how rude label.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tanto's scrunchies.
Speaker 3: I Howard dan Rito scrutch you might actually got awesome, but I heard dan Rito scrunchy and uh and yeah a little jacket clip, little citch clip moment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's do it. We're just so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, no, that was I didn't have a ton of other everywhere.
Speaker 1: He looks, Oh, those were great ones.
Speaker 2: Busy looking manny. And it was Joey's twins name did he?
Speaker 1: I don't know if n name Joe Petci, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I Joey and yeah, Joey, Joey and Joe. Yeah, let's call that.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, thank you for joining us for the opening of season five. We are here. We're excited. This is going to be a fun one, So thank you. So much for joining us fan rito's. We love you guys, and uh, you know the deal. If you want to find us on Instagram, you can find us at Howard Podcast. You can send us emails at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. Uh, and make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast on whatever platform you're listening to it so that you get all the new ones as soon as they come out, which I am not even.
Speaker 2: Sure what days of the week they come out anymore.
Speaker 1: Tuesdays Wednesdays changed and changed to Tuesday mornings.
Speaker 2: Right, Tuesday mornings we were used in.
Speaker 1: Yes, we changed it officially to Tuesday mornings.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? Yeah, Tuesday Morning episode.
Speaker 3: And visit our merch store howarude merch dot com. Uh no, we don't have Howard scrunches or cinch clips.
Speaker 1: Uh it's yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we'll see if the demand is there, leave us a comment.
Speaker 3: Uh but yeah, Howard Merch dot com and uh, we will see you guys next time. So remember the world is small. The house is full of cinch clips, full of them there everywhere they.
Speaker 2: Go with every outfit. They're on the curtains.
Speaker 3: You can they're on the I'm I'm I'm cinching the back of the couch. I'm making one out of the couch material and I'm gonna put it just scouches looking a little blousy, you know, needed they needed a waistline.
Speaker 2: There. There we go. Can't go wrong with the cinch clip. No, is that what they're even called. I don't know they're called that.
Speaker 1: Dress clip, but that's what we're calling them.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, all.
Speaker 3: Right, full everywhere, so many, so much cinching.
Speaker 2: Goodbye,