Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte? So we're here everybody with a very special edition of Are You a Charlotte? This is there a Christmas edition because Christmas is coming really quickly and we're thinking about last minute gifts and we have some ideas and Eastern are wonderful. Producer is here with me and we're going to talk about some last minute ideas in this Sex and the City realm. But I don't know what we've got. It's going to be a surprise.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is going to be fine. If there's a Sex and the City super fan in your life, even a casual fan someone's never seen the show before. I think this is we got some great stuff for people. Okay, and you can get it all before Christmas, Amazing Let's or whatever holiday you celebrate. We got We're gonna start here with we're just chatting before this started. Aviator Nation.
Speaker 1: We love aation. My kids love Aviator Nation. They're to me a tiny surf brand started here in Malibu and now apparently.
Speaker 2: A collaboration with the New York Yankees. What we love New York. We love the city of New York. It's Sex and the City.
Speaker 1: Isn't it so soft? So soft?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, Aviator Nation is dreamy. I love this. My kids would just really die for this though. Of course they love the Dodgers too. We want to get in trouble, right, would.
Speaker 2: You love our Dodgers?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And this is available at aviator Nation for forty nine dollars and eighty cents under fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get anyone in trouble. But they have a lot of sales, you guys. Yes, this is where I do because my kids are growing so quickly. I wait for the sales and then they get this stuff on sale, and then it doesn't make me feel like it doesn't last long enough. This is dreamy, soft to sleep in love.
Speaker 2: It's it's the best. But if you're more of a target person, there are targets everywhere all over this great land. We've got a black sweatshirt. It's a Krenick sweatshirt and it reads I'd like a cheeseburger, large fries and a cosmopollow.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Target is selling.
Speaker 2: This is target.
Speaker 1: Wait for and the City? What is going on?
Speaker 2: Speed to be a licensed Sex and the City.
Speaker 1: I have not received any money for this.
Speaker 2: I'm curious how what is going on as we continue on how much you're going to recognize approving.
Speaker 1: I did nothing. No, no, we don't really have merch. It's real cute, though.
Speaker 2: It's very cute. The hits keep coming from Target. We've also got this fun hot pink tink top. Wait what for our audio listeners? It's you, guys. I'm I'm a Charlotte, Sex and the City. It's in the font, the Sex and the City font.
Speaker 1: Target is selling this.
Speaker 2: Target is selling that what.
Speaker 1: And it does say HBO on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this existed.
Speaker 2: You know. When the show was airing, I wanted this stuff so badly and I couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't make it because I think that we didn't approve it because I think we thought that it would just be weird. But also we just didn't understand that it was going to be such a wonderful thing for all these years, with all these wonderful fans. So I just think we undersold ourselves in a way. But apparently somebody at HBO has decided that we will be making merch. This was unaware this one.
Speaker 2: I love. It's twenty dollars and ninety eight cents. And for the Charlotte in your life. Maybe you know someone named Charlotte. That's a great.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yes, I love all the people named Charlotte. Yes I do. And it's really soft and I love the pink.
Speaker 2: This one I love. I was looking at this before we started. This is a this is my Paper eight And on the front it has what paper I assume this is paper. It's logo. It's it's produced and released by Paper eight. It's a toff print font in yellow handwriting, and it reads I'm sorry, I can't don't hate me.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cute.
Speaker 2: Burger's famous post it breakup.
Speaker 1: It's pretty I love this. It's pretty good. I like it a lot. I don't know who these people are, but I like it a lot. It almost has like a bar of soap on the front or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your tissue bar soap.
Speaker 1: It is paper. It's just paper. Maybe it's a paper weight. I don't know, but I like the quality. It's really it's very soft, but it's chunky. It's a good chunky sweatshirt with a puff print. Whatever you just said, yeah, huff funt, what did you say?
Speaker 2: A puff print. I think it is what they call this type of raised a little bit. Yeah, fun texture. And when you're waiting in line at the supermarket, someone want know you're six and the city fan that's seventy eight dollars a paper eight.
Speaker 1: You're so funny Easton, Oh my god, Okay, keep going all.
Speaker 2: Right, you know it's the Christmas is coming. It's not too late to get a Christmas ornament. This is really fun. This is like furbish.
Speaker 1: This is adorable.
Speaker 2: It's like an embroidered uh circle that has a Cosmopolitans is definitely a carry.
Speaker 1: This is definitely a car. I love it so much. I feel like somebody did this like with you know, what's it called? Like, what's it called when you needle point? Needle point? It looks like needle point. I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: It's very cute.
Speaker 1: I love it. It's by somebody named Furbish. Furbish, the perfect gift does exist. They say, oh that's cute.
Speaker 2: And we'll have all this stuff on our Instagram if you're wondering what it looks like. If you're listening to us on the on the podcast app here, this is a this next one this is by five Star napkins, I know everyone, top of everyone's Christmas list napkins, I know, stay with me. These are sext and sy Napkins, and each one has a different carriyism. From the beginning of the episode, this is one of the top I couldn't help, but wonder can you get to a future if you're past this present? I love this so good, so fun, I love it.
Speaker 1: This is really nicely done. Also, I like these very much. This is for when you have people over and you want to have like a nice cocktail napkin. I mean, I'm going to open it and see what the next quote is because this is real good, you guys, I'm just gonna pull one randomly. This could also be an interesting like random you know what I mean? See what? Oh it's long you guys, get ready? I wondered, were we all just victims of conditioned responses, doomed to repeat the same unconscious relationship patterns where we still, in fact just dating the same person over and over again. It's really good and they're really nice quality. Oh, I like it a lot. Wait, we'll read one more and then we'll move on. So when it comes to finance and dating, I couldn't help, but wonder why do we keep investing? Oh clever, clever, I love it. Okay, fun, that's really good.
Speaker 2: Usually when you see those kind of things, like they'll have three of them, they just cycle through. Everyone seems to be different.
Speaker 1: It's really really thought out.
Speaker 2: Next up on our Little Sex and the City Gift Round. Up Here, we've got a pair of uh little purses or pouches you can keep stuff in. These are uh, I don't know, you would call it sequinned.
Speaker 1: These it's beat it, beat beat it and it says Charlotte York.
Speaker 2: You guys is Charlotte y And then I've got another one here says I'm definitely a carry.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, is from Durable.
Speaker 2: B O y A R. They're very These are very cute. I love them. They got charm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really cute. You could put like your lip gloss in here. You could also just put some money, a credit card in here. This could be a cute bag charm. Connect it to your bag. I don't think I could walk around with the Charlotte York connected to my bag. I could put it inside my bag though, and have it be my special little thing. It's really cute. And that's really nice too. I like the I'm definitely a carry love it.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe how many people are making merch. Okay, I'm a little shocked.
Speaker 2: I was aware a cottage industry.
Speaker 1: Now, No, didn't know it all didn't know.
Speaker 2: Now we're heading over to Cole's for our next piece of what appears to be licensed m way, this is a pink crew next sweatshirt in the Sex and the City font. It reads our characters' names Miranda, Samantha, Charlotte, and Carrie.
Speaker 1: And then it says sex in the City. I did not know you guys. How come no one told us it's cute though, because now you're just claiming everybody, yeah, exact, and it's a nice soft pink it's adorable. Wow, man, HBO, they've just decided to go out there with it all. Are they making like Game of Thrones merch? Too? Like? What are they doing?
Speaker 2: I feel like I've seen a lot of game that's around No.
Speaker 1: Way, Okay, so they're just putting it all out.
Speaker 2: It's all out there, is out there. Wow, where's the arless merch? I want to know where where's else?
Speaker 1: We don't need that No, no offense, but yeah, Larry Sanders, Yes, yes, Arlest not so much.
Speaker 2: That's uh runs you twenty five fifty.
Speaker 1: Nine at Cold Okay.
Speaker 2: This next piece is a I'd say a burgundy. I have I have problem with colors. This is like a deep pink. Would you say, yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe like plumb. It's a little muted a plum. Yeah. This is it's really pretty.
Speaker 2: This is made by Wild Fox. It's available at Nordstrim and it's a New York in New York.
Speaker 1: With the heart. It's adorable and then it says new York the big Apple. Yeah, and it says established seventeen eighty eight. That's cute. That's really cute.
Speaker 2: It's a quarter zip almost it very cute.
Speaker 1: And it's it's chunky. I like it.
Speaker 2: That's This is a twelve dollars at Nordstrim. Wow, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's Oh my god, this is adorable. Where is this coming?
Speaker 2: This is a custom job. This is a custom job. Oh my god, I'm a marine layer.
Speaker 1: Really cute.
Speaker 2: And it's it's a red crew neck and embroidered along the neck it reads are you a sharlo?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh and at the bottom it has really cute New York. It has like a Pennon and then it has a TV with multicolors versus. I love New York. Oh, it's really really cute, so cute. I love this and it's so soft. Can I keep it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh, that's a gift to you.
Speaker 1: These are gifts, guys. I'm very excited and happy. I didn't know it's weird to have HBO merch.
Speaker 2: But okay, so we have a lot of sweat sweatshirts and such because it's you know, it's a cold time a year.
Speaker 1: I love this though.
Speaker 2: Moving on to some books, we recognize this. This is the Sex and the City to book based on the movie.
Speaker 1: And this is the Stories, the Fashion, the Adventure.
Speaker 2: Yes, now this is on Amazon. This is ninety two dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, because it's not in print anymore.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and sir Jessica was involved in.
Speaker 2: This really Oh oh yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Will, Mollie I believe also helped, like they will. Oh what see, I didn't I didn't.
Speaker 2: Approve the page.
Speaker 1: Charlotte. I don't even recognize this picture on the left. It's really interesting. I'm wearing a protest skirt and a vintage chop. This was the day I believe that we did the pretend Vogue photo shoot for Carrie's wedding. Oh yeah, and Andre Leon Talon came, and Plump Sykes came, like really legendary Vogue people came, and I think Anna wentora A proved things for it. Wow, I know, but I've never seen that picture of myself, which is kind of amazing. And then we have young Lily, who's adorable, and then we have when I had the baby Rose, who hasn't become rock yet. And then we have me jogging which I think I'm pregnant. I've got the earmuffs on that I rewore, and then just like that, and then I love This is when I had three dogs, which almost no one remembers. But there's Penny who played Elizabeth Taylor. There's Evan, of course. And then this is when she had those mutt puppies. Remember when I got mad at her because she was pregnant. These are two of the puppies, and see one's like a Jack Russell and one's just like a non determined white mutt. And I only had them in the first movie. I think I don't think I had them after that because the second movie we're not really at home. Maybe we saw them briefly in the second movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know this. This opens up with a bit of a flashback to get you up to speed before we dive into the.
Speaker 1: Second Morocco love it. Yeah, that's a Saria. Yeah, we didn't get to go. Sarah went there and walked alone in the water.
Speaker 2: But there's some uh, there's some interviews with uh with you? What actually you know? I don't I know. We have other guests to move on to.
Speaker 1: I think looks learn to dress. Wait, it's an interview with me. Okay, I have no memory of this.
Speaker 2: You guys, let's say, I'm just gonna read just a quick little thing here, Oh about your first karaoke experience?
Speaker 1: What do I say?
Speaker 2: I had never done karaoke in my life. I'm a shy singer. And Michael decided we were all going to do that number in front of two hundred extras.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought we were going to die.
Speaker 2: We lived through it and it was really fun, but we were.
Speaker 1: So nervous, so nervous.
Speaker 2: Singing karaoke was one of those crazy moments where you're just like sex and the city has the life of its own. We're just here for the ride, trying to hold on. It's like a bucking Bronco.
Speaker 1: That's so good. It is like a bucking Bronco sometimes it's true.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to bookmark that page so you can relive some other moments.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it so much, Thank you so much, because I don't even own this book. Thank you. This is exciting. And then this is the first book.
Speaker 2: Right, Sex and City, Kiss and Tell. Yeah, a sacred text for any fan of Sexton City.
Speaker 1: But the thing that's weird is that I remembered having a pink faux croc cover. This must be like a reissue.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the Versiary revising, updated to include all six seasons. Because the original one was published.
Speaker 1: It was published for the end, so it wouldn't have had the final six or whatever. However they broke it up, you know what I mean. That's interesting. I love this picture of Sir Jessica.
Speaker 2: It's a gorgeous picture. It's got a really nice spine, it's got that nice pain look book shops seventeen dollars on anima.
Speaker 1: Open it and look in the back and see if it has the men. Okay, it has a cast photos.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is fine. There's a lot behind the scenes. Fight is at the end here, this is yes, really cute glossary. Oh my god, uh, funky spark is in there. Bad tasting boy juice.
Speaker 1: Boy juice, that's what we wrote. That's sterical.
Speaker 2: There's like trivia in.
Speaker 1: Front of an actor. That's Jackson Pollock in the.
Speaker 2: Met Oh a beautiful picture. That was a great just in front of Jackson Pollock. This is a really fun book. I got to buy this for myself.
Speaker 1: I know. But it doesn't have the men in the back does it.
Speaker 2: Does not have the Oh, here we go, there's there's a smith Jerry.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: Oh, we have the men.
Speaker 1: But wait, let me see the backpack. Because at one point they had like a grid where they put all the men. But then someone told me on our Instagram page that went that they redid it at some.
Speaker 2: Point took out the men.
Speaker 1: No, they had the men, but when you actually counted up, Samantha did have more. I believe it said oh really yeah, because at one point I had the most, which really didn't make sense. But I think obviously we don't know about Samantha before the show, right, But at some point they revised it and I didn't have the most, but I remember Sir Jessica pointing out that I had the most at one point.
Speaker 2: There's there's a section four men, and they kind of list them off here. Okay, let's see, and they include a non romantic man like Stanford's.
Speaker 1: I know his little faces, and there's really cute.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was so cute.
Speaker 1: So cute. This is fascinating. I'm gonna have to put this on my bookshelf. You guys, I'm excited to have it. Yeah, I'm excited to have it for Oh. Look there's Franny. Oh, there's us laying on the bed, Kyle, Franny and myself laying on the bed. That was That was good. There's a whole page with Kyle looking super handsome.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, love it, love it. Love photocopy of that and put it on my wall.
Speaker 1: You're funny, it's adorable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a This is a great gift for any Sex and City fan.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm keeping it though, I'm not giving it to any other fan myself but myself. So I brought a little something. It's not Sex and the City related, but I just wanted to show you and I thought you would appreciate this. Easton. I have worked with the UN with refugees over the years, and I love my trips and my travels. And one time I was in a refugee camp and I met these women who were making baskets within the camp with their kids there. It was like so fun and everyone was having great time and they were making baskets that you could buy that would support them in the refugee camp. And it was such a great idea that we ended up making a way for you to buy goods from the refugees called May to fifty one and we'll link to it with our Instagram and they'd make the most adorable Christmas tree ornaments and or whatever ornament you might want to have. So this is called hold On, Hold On. This is every gift tells a story. You get a card about it. This is a cute donkey ornament, noble donkeys, a noble donkey, Thank you babe. And this is East African refugees who have come from Egypt. So they're talking about things. They're making things that relate to their culture and their lives, probably before they ended up having to flee and become refugees, which really no one wants to become a refugee.
Speaker 2: But special piece of art.
Speaker 1: I know, and they're so they have a whole story behind them. This is desert moon. Wow. Is crafted by the Taregg refugees living in Niger.
Speaker 2: This moon highlights their impressive metalwork techniques that they used to create both utilitarian and decorative objects. For these nomadic pastoralists who traditionally inhabit a vast area in the Sahara desert, the moon is a symbol of protection and prosperity.
Speaker 1: Amazing wow. And then look at this cute Afghan dog. Is that adorable? And this is by Afghan refugees Afghani refugees, which is so amazing of course because obviously they've been through a lot. Yes, yes, people from Afghanistan. So I just love these because I love the stories and I also think they're just so beautifully made. They're made by hand. They're amazing. And you can support refugees where they are by supporting Made fifty one. They also have a bunch of non holiday stuff, cute makeup bags and I got to travel luggage tag. I mean, really cute things.
Speaker 2: What a special thing and such a cool way to support people who have just been through so much, and that you can go through something like that and still create this beautiful art. I'm just so I'm so blown away by that.
Speaker 1: That's right. And I think the thing about refugees that people don't realize is that they really want to work. And so any refugees who might get to come to our country, which obviously it takes forever to get to come to our country, they go through a lot to come here. They're the hardest working people that I've ever met. I've met people who come here and are so thrilled to get a janitor job. Like to them, that is like their life's mission to be able to be resettled and have a life for their family and work. And they'll work all night. They'll they'll do the job as no one else wants to do, so, you know, to be able to support them while they're still in the camps doing arts and crafts that reminds them of their culture. It's so amazing. Ye And they get to be able to you know, if you're in a camp and you're able to make extra money, you can buy extra food for your kids, you might be able to send your kids to school. You might be able to buy books for your children. You know, it's it's really so important to be able to support them before they might be able to be resettled, because obviously it's really hard in this day and age to even get to be resettled.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yes, that's made fifty one. Everybody please go check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll put all this stuff on our Instagram. Yeah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: I got one last gift to show you, Kristen. Now, there's a lot of stuff we talked about. Is like stuff for the fan fans of the show. This this sweatshirt is ripped from the show. You can just like Carrie.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: We all remember she wears a sweatshirt that has the Monopoly board, but it reads New York instead of Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Amazing. I don't even remember this. When was this like a like the first show? Yes, okay, got it. It looks really cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so cute. There's someone on Etsy is making them making like a duplicate of it. Awesome, it runs your forty three bucks. It's cool.
Speaker 1: That's a good gift. That's a gift for like the insider, right, people who really pay attention and they're there's a lot of you guys out there, which we love. We love it when you know the details, this is a gift for that person. Gosh, I learned a lot. I didn't know all this merchandise existed. So basically, we want to say to everybody, thank you for listening to our you a Charlotte. We hope you guys are not stressing out there. I know it's hard. It's hard right when it gets to the holidays. I know, I feel it myself. The kids are still in school, the tree is not decorated. I'm behind as anything. But it's nice to know last minute gifts you can get, and you know, try to have fun out there. Eat some cookies. That's what I'm looking forward to doing. And we I think we're gonna be I think we're gonna be on the air. Oh, we have Mollie Rogers. It's always fun to have Molly. You remember our wonderful costume designer, Mollie Rogers. She's been around since the beginning, and she comes and we tell some stories. You guys, so please join us next week and do not stress, have a good time, appreciate your friends and family, try to try and get it together. And don't get too worried about it. That's what i'm telling myself, all right, Thanks for listening. Bye,