Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. The Ravens took out in Cincinnati Bengals thirty five to thirty four at M and T Bank Stadium in a prime time a thriller to move them to seven and three on the season. It was a big time win for the seamon Afterwards, we heard from several of the guys, So let's kick it off with quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: So, Laar, what was the difference in that second half?
Speaker 3: Seemed like it was totally different than the how you guys started.
Speaker 4: I felt like when Marlow had forced that fumble that that kind of woke us up, cause I feel like we would sleep throughout the whole first alvog even though we scored that once, but we were pretty much flat throughout the game.
Speaker 5: Okay, Lamar, I mean.
Speaker 6: Just just the emotions of this game, the wild swings things, scoring a couple of times on one play drives. What was it like?
Speaker 7: Just kind of right the way NFL football. That's just how I looked at it. You know, that's an explosive offense.
Speaker 4: Uh, Barlo a great quarterback, Chase is a great receiver.
Speaker 7: We knew what type of game it'd be you know, and we came out on top. So that's all that matter.
Speaker 8: Why do you often talk about having confidence and all your guys, you even the guys who're gonna get the ball maybe as often.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what what does it say about Tyler Wallace what he was able to do to make that.
Speaker 7: Kind of play? Yeah, Thyland too, Man, I don't know, man, he could do it all.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Just last year he did a h a walk off punk return for us, you know, and then this game and it was on the same sideline and it was in purple, so I.
Speaker 7: Believe it just his little magic uniform. Man.
Speaker 4: He he come through in the lights when when the lights on man prime time. But uh, shout out to Tyland cause that was that was wonderful first hundred yard game.
Speaker 7: It's great and he deserved lamar.
Speaker 8: You you mentioned if I played Mamarlin kind of woke.
Speaker 2: You guys up on offense.
Speaker 8: Just what was that second half like for you to have that kind of game, back and forth, total shootout and and for you guys to come out what just what was being involved in that like for you?
Speaker 4: Like I said, just a NFL game, you know. Uh, I was telling my guys on the sat line, we gotta score. If they scored, we gotta score. You know, that's the type of game it's gonna be. W we seeing that, uh from the first nap, you know. But but I'm proud of my guys cause we we finished one of those these tough type game type tough type environment environmental games we came through.
Speaker 6: Did they think it different than you in the first half that how do you guys are balancing anywhere?
Speaker 9: Or whatever?
Speaker 4: They they didn't, you know, usually they were doing a lot of blicks in the first game, they were doing a lot of blits. And this time, you know, they was it was playing a conservative and that that probably got got to us a little bit and we finally woke up, like I said, what what I How did.
Speaker 6: These penalties and a lot of the times when you're starting drives with penalties, how much did you get to contribute to this little start of this offense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that that'll play a part, you know, getting the offense, stopping the offense from getting on the right track.
Speaker 7: You know, in the NFL, I believe when.
Speaker 4: You start the job with positive yards, Uh, it'll determine what what you what's the result gonna be at the end, but we kept getting off the feel fast. You know, it be a p uh penality here job was back and we went exey you to to get closer to a first down mark and we was putting the ball. So we just got to watch for them and get better at the r if.
Speaker 6: You're poking a long time or sus this team that even trailed by f fourteen points. Yeah, what's the mood on the sideline when you're when when things aren't going well?
Speaker 5: What what do you say to before.
Speaker 4: Uh we when we get back out there just scoring, cause that that uh define the game really, you know if we just sitting out there putting our defense back out there and we're not contributing, you know, putting points on the board, and it went the other way, you know the way we didn't. We really didn't want it to go, you know. So that's just us keeping our paws, putting points on the board, defense, delivering stops or what.
Speaker 10: Sellward tell you with your your arm around the costa on the on the sideliners.
Speaker 11: You guys are watching that lesson Sandy drive.
Speaker 4: What was there anything said between you rote for uh, it was just it was that first down like that they was. They was looking at the review for the first down. We was like, we didn't think he had it, you know, That's what we were just discussing. Then they end up having it. So that's all mama.
Speaker 12: The run, Uh were you You're fading to the right house like you might go out of bounds and maybe throw it away.
Speaker 2: W What was going through your mind?
Speaker 12: Were you think of throwing a what did you see it the last second when you ran it down to the one before Henry ran it in.
Speaker 7: Just try to make something happen, That's all that was.
Speaker 4: And I was gonna throw the ball away, but when I turned, when I turned, I just had room. So it was like just getting much us as I could. I shoulda scored. Really I went down.
Speaker 9: I played.
Speaker 13: Could tell Lamar the touchdown of nels Nelson and agli Are and you tough the balls?
Speaker 7: Was that because they were a kid down on the on the run game and you wanted.
Speaker 2: To drug event? Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, we we have different plays like that. So I could have kept the ball, you know, but uh, he was just playing football.
Speaker 12: Well, Laura Mo the touchdown and Andrews was that?
Speaker 5: Did he improvide that route? He did?
Speaker 12: He did Is that just something from playing with him so much that you expected.
Speaker 2: Him to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you know, we been together for quite some time, so you know, Mark gonna do something crazy and then I'm me and him gonna be here.
Speaker 7: We be sink with it.
Speaker 4: So he just did a great job right there being being Mandres and Sar.
Speaker 14: Do you feel like every time you and you and Joe, I mean you, you and how one of those top two quarterbacks in the in this league, do you just kind of feel like when you guys need that it's gonna be something special? It tang It seems like that way this year.
Speaker 4: I just know that's a that's a great quarterback over there. You know, it's a it's a lot of great quarterbacks in the league, not just us too, you know, but I I and it's a divisional game. I just know it's gonna be a dog fight with regardless, cause he he got dog in 'em.
Speaker 6: How How different do those division games filled? And you're obviously just win one now y got on next week?
Speaker 15: Men?
Speaker 5: How how different from the regular game?
Speaker 15: That's it?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 4: I said, it's a like a playoff game, you know it? It We see each other twice a year. We pretty much know each other some somewhat and God is just trying to get after it.
Speaker 12: Laura, how much do you guys need this long viye, this mini buy this week?
Speaker 3: And I mean you just been banged up and played a lot.
Speaker 12: How how key could this be for uh kind of the second half?
Speaker 7: I I believe it'd be huge for us.
Speaker 4: Just take a step back, you know, catch our broth, relax our bodies, and get ready for this long role more.
Speaker 2: What would of the game when.
Speaker 12: He touched down that uh through to uh for shod you went in the air, You kind of looked.
Speaker 2: Up in the air to throw it.
Speaker 8: What kind of led you did you do?
Speaker 5: Oh? Uh?
Speaker 4: G know, it was like it was like a two on one basically me and my receiver versus G Do you know what you know?
Speaker 7: Trying to he thought? I believe he thought I was gonna run the ball, but bait was just flying. I just gotta get deliver them with thow he can catch it. He did, all right, Thank you, marsh.
Speaker 1: Next up is head coach John Harbor.
Speaker 11: Okay, too great, they said it all right there. I'm just so proud of our guys. Hearts of Lions win a game like that truly. And I'll also say this, you know, we stay humble about it.
Speaker 9: You know, let let's let him with Glori's glory and God alone.
Speaker 11: And we we do that. We we understand that we have a lot to work on, but we're very grateful for that win. And we're very grateful for our guys. Man, the way our guys play, how they fight, how they don't give up. Just what he said, you're still time on the clock. You keep fighting, found a way right down to the end, even the defense getting to stop on the two point play, and that's what it took. It took a stop at the end to win the game. And our defense did that or Darius made that play and the pass rush was there too. So I'm very proud of the guys. Heads off to the Bengals. I think they do a great job. And it's an you know, AFC or football game for sure. What question do you have, John, You have an update of Kyle. He has an ankle. It's not super serious. It's not a serious ankle. It's a I don't know how long it'll be, but it's it's an ankle.
Speaker 9: Spring John, h when.
Speaker 3: You see Lamar and you have that put kind of what do you think, guys kind of says.
Speaker 11: What can you say? I mean, it's we have seen it before, you know. And I just think he took that game on his shoulders, you know, like he does. And I appreciate the other guys, you know, with him, you know, you know, look at the Tyland Wallace. You know, look at Bait bait, what he did, Mark Andrews, the catches that he made and they're u zay, you know, the catches he made. The offensive line, I thought in the second half, the offensive line really.
Speaker 9: Did a great job in protection. It was really a group effort.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, Derek the runs he made, those were tough, hard runs, tough yards, you know, and there and Justice as well. Justice had to screen pass that got us going there and inside screen early. So it was definitely a group effort. But Lamar Mars was the leader.
Speaker 5: John Lamar was.
Speaker 6: Kind of describing just the all whole offense and first half his sluggish and then he said, when Marlin.
Speaker 10: Stripped that ball, that really changed it.
Speaker 5: From your view on the.
Speaker 6: Sideline, what changed about maybe the entire team from that moment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was definitely a momentum changer. You know, we talk a lot about momentum. You know, sometimes when you don't have it, you got to find a way to get it. And when you get it, you got to try to find a way to build on and extend it. You know, it's it's a real thing. And then Marlin. Marlin's play there was big, but offensively, we just we were we were, we were just we couldn't get started. We had way too many first play of the drive problems, whether it was we didn't execute great or whether we had you know, just pre snap penalties that brought it back. Those kinds of things were just not good, and we couldn't get started. You know, when you can't get started and it's hard to get anything going because you know enough plays to do.
Speaker 7: It, it's kind of tough. Slede and pull the defense specifically in a past game.
Speaker 4: But what does it mean to you and to those guys to be able to win this game?
Speaker 3: But the defense being to take the sound of balless.
Speaker 4: On the field.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it means a lot, I really do. I'm proud of those guys for that cause I think it's what their heart. You know, it's kind of hard they have and they they didn't. They didn't you know, they didn't get down and in point the finger. They'll be pointing any fingers out there. But we gotta get better. I mean, that's just not the standard. I think I heard many guys say it. That's what the that's what the defensive guys were saying in the locker room. You know that that's not the standard, you know, And we've got to We've got to be much better. We've got to take pressure off our offense too. We're required to do that on the defensive side. But but for them to keep fighting the way they didn't find a way to win the game, that's really at the at the end of the day, that really is the important thing, you know, And I'm really proud of those guys for that.
Speaker 6: You came in, came in knowing what you as can be their their number one play makers, probably your number one priority when you watch him still make those huge players to give them a fantasy.
Speaker 9: Do you do just give him credit for being great? Do you say we're not doing what we need to do. What's your takeaway?
Speaker 5: Both? Both?
Speaker 11: I mean, I do give him credit. I do give him credit. He's a great player. You know, I was looking format of the game. I couldn't find him. You know, maybe that was appropriate, you know, you know, there you go, I couldn't find him either, you know, but we doubled him a bunch of times. But in those those plays we didn't. We were in zone covers are and he should have been covered. Should have been covered those places shouldn't have happened. There's no doubt about. Those are not tough plays. Those are basic routes that should be covered and the coverages that we're in. So that's that's uh, you know, that's not the standard.
Speaker 16: Wallace becoming just the definition of maximizing opportunities.
Speaker 6: Tylan Wallace.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, well, I Joe, you got one of the game balls. You know, I put my arm around him. I said, did we all do? Does that de ja vu all over again? Had somethed that same sideline for a touchdown? With that Tyland Wallace s dride up the sideline? Uh, that was beautiful, it was It was awesome. He's something. He's he's quite a player. I'd say he's a little underrated. What do you think along.
Speaker 8: Those lines of that, You know, there was a lot of momentum changes in the scheme. Did that feel like one of those moments wherehim, you guys are backed up a little bit there and he makes that place from now staying in patents?
Speaker 9: How important, I guess was huge. I mean, I would agree with that. It's just as important.
Speaker 11: There were probably I'm sure if we go back, we'll look there's probably four or five six plays like that. That was one and more all of a sudden, it was like, man, that turned everything. I kind of flipped it on said, because we were backed up and it was gonna be tough getting out of there, and you know, you make a play.
Speaker 9: I mean they make plays.
Speaker 2: You know, we can make.
Speaker 11: Plays too, And I see our guys making plays like that. It's great.
Speaker 10: Apparently on the broadcast on that two point of version, they were focusing on just how physically your coverage guys were handling the bangles at the line of scrimmage as they were kind of getting off the releases, because you just talk about maybe what you saw are.
Speaker 2: Just kind of a tenor of officiate that you guys had to adjust to.
Speaker 9: Well, no, I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, it's a five yard it's a five year contact zone and when we wouldn't hold. I thought our guys did a good job of being physical, and you got to be physical. I mean, it's tough to cover guys this league. So you have an opportunity inside of five yards, you've you've got it, you've got to use it. But you can't hold, you can't grab them. It's both ways.
Speaker 9: I promise you.
Speaker 11: The DB's are doing the same thing on the other side and being physical on those releases, and you know, I just I'm glad we stepped up in that situation.
Speaker 9: I'm proud of the guys for that.
Speaker 16: When he came not doing on side kick how much?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I thought you're gonna ask me what the difference was between that and the two we didn't recover, and I was gonna.
Speaker 9: Say, well, we recovered it. You know, that was the difference.
Speaker 5: Who got it?
Speaker 9: Mark got it? There you go, there you go. I ain't counting Mark Andrews.
Speaker 11: Right stepping up, John, what did you see what an issue of challenge calling in the first cold integrated.
Speaker 9: Telling Yeah, we thought it was incomplete.
Speaker 11: You know, it's the ball, you know, under the impression and you know I have to we'll have to look into this. But he's got to survive the ground without the ball moving. You got you gotta maintain control through the ground. You know, if you don't take that that third football act.
Speaker 9: You know that a third step football act.
Speaker 11: Same thing on the on the on the one, and at the end of the game, you know that ball wasn't It wasn't so much that it was whether it made the line to gain. It said hit the ground, the ball rolled out. That's what we thought, Uh, but we didn't challenge out one cause that was that went to review. So don't really understand, uh, those two plays, but we'll get I'm sure we'll get clarification from the league office.
Speaker 13: The lines will.
Speaker 17: Kind of blur now in terms of what you may think of catch is and.
Speaker 3: What it is not these days.
Speaker 11: I really stay out of that conversation right now, but thanks for asking.
Speaker 8: On the two point conversion, you talked about the physicality, but what specific do you see from our dar's Washington.
Speaker 5: On that play.
Speaker 11: I just think good tight coverage. He's square, he's uh, he's in front, he's he's uh, he's got to getting his hands on people. He's not backing up, not opening the gate. You're down there in that low red zone area. You can't give up the goal line. He just can't do it. And uh, we've we've given up the goal line sometimes, you know, and we're getting better that that's one thing we are getting better at down there.
Speaker 9: So it was good coverage.
Speaker 6: John, I know that you guy. Uh, you guys have come back from figured depicits with Lamar, but you know, fourteen points was the biggest episode you've had this year. So just feel like with Lamar you could be in any game real quick.
Speaker 11: Oh it does, it does, and it starts with Lamar and oftentimes it ends with Lamar.
Speaker 9: But in between Lamar and Lamar.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of great players out there, you know that are are surrounded him, And I think that's kind of where our offense is at right now. And now offense still knows that they can get a lot better. I mean, all the things in the first half, those are things that we definitely can do better. And you can't say short week, you can't look at it that stuff when we practiced well this week. And but but all the guys that made the plays, you know, with Lamar out there, I think deserve a lot of credit too. But with Lamar, yes, to answer your question, absolutely, that's how you feel.
Speaker 18: Regarding the challenge on that play. You have to take into the cost or benefit a nowns of just spending the time out or the challenge to that, and just what made that valuable.
Speaker 9: Enough to challenge on that. That's a great question.
Speaker 11: I'm glad you asked it because the in the low red zone, the difference to you're defending the two yard line and the four yard line is massive, you know, and we we would have got that stop if we don't get the holding call in the end zone and fourth down, you know, and even at the two yard line. So I just feel like there's a big difference between the two and the four and we're trying to keep we're trying to force a field go there. So it felt like it was worth the cost if you.
Speaker 9: Win it, you know, if you don't win.
Speaker 11: It, you know, then it just becomes it becomes lost, becomes just a lost money. So disappointed we didn't win it, but I think the cost benefit in that situation defending the four is different because they're really not going to run it in there. They can run, they gotta run pass option. You gotta play man, you gotta pack the box at the two yard line, you get picked and all those things. It's a little bit tougher down there.
Speaker 2: You see what justin tuckers extra point?
Speaker 10: Do you know what?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it just wasn't probably his best swing for sure, that's what we saw. But he came back made the next one. I was happy to see that.
Speaker 12: John, you had set a couple of weeks ago we were rescued a bout the middle of the field defensively and you were acknowledging that that was an area. How do you feel like you have to improve in that area in particular, and what can you do to help that?
Speaker 11: I think that's something that we're gonna take a lot of time tomorrow looking at. You know, we have been looking at it, and obviously we're not there yet, you know, so we have got we got to turn over every stone on that as a defensive staff, and we got to figure out a way to stop those places from happening because they shouldn't be happening.
Speaker 1: Next is defensive lineman nom de Matabik, who had three sacks.
Speaker 4: On the night.
Speaker 14: We talked about the all good what was going through your your head and the defensive head uh Win at two point.
Speaker 2: Two point version.
Speaker 5: Just don't let him score. Just don't let him score. You know.
Speaker 19: It was the fact that we got them down there. You know, we were not really happy about that, but definitely at that moment we didn't want to let them score and we didn't. So good, good team win. A lot of things we got to improved, but it was a great team went for sure.
Speaker 10: How much should that the bumble that law enforce change.
Speaker 3: Things in this game?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 5: It was huge. It was a huge, uh spark. We needed a spark.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: When uh Chase scored that touchdown.
Speaker 19: You know, it was a lot of quietness on the sideline, and I was just telling the guys everybody's cuss like, oh, we need to spark.
Speaker 5: Oh, we need to spark.
Speaker 19: And marrow he got to he got that, he got that strip, and I I he not died the whole team. And I think that momentum uh pushed us to like keep building momentum and and w W just uh winning the game.
Speaker 5: So it was huge.
Speaker 10: Three sacks for you in this game?
Speaker 5: Just what was works so well for you tonight? Uh ze Old was just telling, you know, just push that pocket.
Speaker 19: You know, he tries to find ways to escape through those scenes on the A gap and the B gap, and that's all I was tryna do. Obviously, when he was trying to escape in the perimeter, I was tryna hustle and get and and and get him down. So I was just tryna just do my job. And it worked out tonight.
Speaker 6: Do you obviously when when Kyle goes down, the makes the huge void and in the defense and the leadership, what what was it like kind of picking up from that moment and and trying to finish out the game without Kyle.
Speaker 19: Just fight, just fight. That was what Kyle would want us to do, and that's what we uh uh we did. And you know it, it sucks to have one of our best players that go down like that, but you know, at the end of the day, you know, it's we gotta fight for 'em and we gotta f find a way to pay thish of this game.
Speaker 5: And that's what we did.
Speaker 19: So you know, we have a couple of days to you know, get healthy and you know, guys are banged up, and it's it's good for us, but uh, you know, definitely that's what you want us to do.
Speaker 5: When we did that, Now, the how.
Speaker 12: You know, offenses on kind of a historic pace. How much do you guys feel like, you know, you to fix some of this stuff and soon to prevent kind of the offense from needing to score this many points doing games.
Speaker 19: Yeah, immediately, you know that's just not our standard of uh defense, and uh we know that, and then uh we're gonna find ways and practice to improve and get better. And and I know the guys in the locker room I feel the same way as me, and.
Speaker 5: We and we're gonna get that done.
Speaker 19: We just gotta take it one day at a time and uh, just focus on the right things, build the right habits, and translate to the game.
Speaker 18: I'll be able to us your reaction to that. J mar J scores a sixty seven or a touchdown and then later on also scores a seventy. Just what does that feel like?
Speaker 19: I mean, don't let it happen again. At the end of the day. We're not gonna let it defeat us.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 19: It's not a great feeling, but you know, we looking at the clock and there's still get time left to play the game, you know, so we keep the positive attitude and just keep fighting, just keep on toil.
Speaker 5: The end to the end. So yeah, so did did you did.
Speaker 16: You think the guy was short on that orthown on the last drive.
Speaker 8: Did you guys have to sort of switch gears quickly between we think we're off the deild and oh no, we're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I I thought he was short, and I I saw like, uh, you know, uh Patrick and Ronnie coming on the field, and I was, Okay, he's short. But then you know, some time passed and they started to going off the field and we got on the fields. Okay, then I guess they're not gonna, uh call it. But I thought he was short. But you know when he wasn't, you know, it was just play ball, play ball and finished the game.
Speaker 16: Did I know this?
Speaker 2: Getting a little more out there?
Speaker 3: You know, when you're knew you were on the sideline board, you.
Speaker 18: See the more out there have the second day after, it's like he did.
Speaker 5: Out there tonight. E e uh mp MP three.
Speaker 19: Is that everybody's saying he's one of one great great leader, great person, great quarterback, great teammate. Y'all know what I know it what else he's saying?
Speaker 18: You know, you more a lot of how Cathartic is into at a slower start, of the season than you would have liked.
Speaker 12: You know, three sacks at nine you generate more rights than that.
Speaker 5: Just how does that feel? Feels good? It feels good, you know.
Speaker 19: You know this year, you know it's definitely more double teams and stuff like that. And you know, I I I could easily fall into the frustration bucket, but I chose to just stay poised, stay focused, and just you know, rely on my teammates to be like, man, what can I do to get better? You don't he say, I'm hey, y, hey, you're getting slighted a lot. You know what I'm saying, don't be discouraged. To just keep fighting. And uh, That's what I chose to do. And I'm glad I got three. But you know it's a long season and i'm'a just keep humting, just take 'em with their time.
Speaker 5: Now I'm do on that on that train.
Speaker 6: I mean, how much do you feel like your production of the sacks really drives.
Speaker 5: This full pass rush unit. I think it's it's huge.
Speaker 19: I I believe, I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm a big post on the defensive line. I'm a leader on the defensive line. You know, it's it starts with me and just my attitude of my focus, and I feel like guy's feed off on me, and I take the initiative just to focused and stay having high energy and just to get back there. You know what I'm saying. It's one thing to say and there's one thing to do it. So I tried to do to do both and just encourage my teammates to do as well. And you know, that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 5: Next.
Speaker 1: We heard from quarterback Marlin Humphrey, who had a huge force funell in this game to get the Ravens back in the mix in the second half as they were trailing twenty one.
Speaker 5: It's a seven.
Speaker 6: Did you guys feel like that was a big changing, a big atturny point the game.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I felt, I well, I really felt so. With the with the fans, I think, uh, we were kind on the sideline like man, we you know.
Speaker 5: We don't want to lose the fans.
Speaker 16: I think threw some booze that came through and so that that kind of got everybody back in decent spirits. So and then the offense scored, So yeah, I felt like that kind of got everybody back in the game. And then the fans kind of let us out of the west the rest of the game.
Speaker 18: What's going through what's going through your ad when you hear that, when you get up hear the booze the crowd just.
Speaker 16: Uh, you know, for me, we got passionate fans, so I think, you know, our booze are usually never unwarranted. So I felt we were playing a little flat offense and defense, so you know, we we just gotta get going. So uh ne never know, Ill will towards up.
Speaker 5: The defense off side to go for two against you like that lady game.
Speaker 20: Do you take that of the personal challenge in that moment or what's the feeling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it it is, man.
Speaker 16: I mean they're uh Joe Burrow and they're a very confident group.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 16: As you know Joe Burrow, he does not he does not care whether you're covered or not.
Speaker 2: You're gonna throw it.
Speaker 16: So, uh we kind of expected them to go for two, and uh we were able to get a stop and win again.
Speaker 1: Playmaking Marlon Humphrey this year with the interceptions and all this d do you usually rip at the ball like that you're doing for the punch?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 19: The rip?
Speaker 5: Do you usually go for that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I usually don't. Actually, I I usually I'm I am more of a more of a punch guy. But that's something we'd really been scratching Zach in the room and just getting shots on goal, getting shots on gold ripouts, doing what you can.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 16: It's it's cool when the drills payoff that you do all throughout the season, and uh, then they pay off in the game.
Speaker 3: You got, uh another divisional game coming up with the Steelers.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that.
Speaker 16: From preparedness, Yeah, we're gonna enjoy this one for a little bit, sh fix some things and then you know, obviously Pittsburgh has always stuff to to play them, so they're there on the top of the division right now. Just added some guys to the trade deadline, already playing really well.
Speaker 2: It's it'll be a good game.
Speaker 16: We'll kind of get focus on them here tomorrow a little bit and enjoy the weekend and then get back to work on that Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Did jam Chase you kind of tip your do you tip your hat to Jamart Chase or what's your take on his big gear.
Speaker 7: I'm tired of that dude.
Speaker 16: He he He's he's just different. It's it's not even so much about the rowdy runs whatever. It's just I mean, it gets a ball in his hands if you don't tackle them soon, and it can get really ugly. So he's just, uh, he's a good player. It's you know, you never really can count the Bengals out when he's on their team, and he can. I mean I think he had like two hundred, like over two fifty, which is which is rough, which is rough.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 16: That that's uh, it's getting you know, I I've kind of cause wins are getting harder to enjoy based off what we're doing in the past defense. You know, I feel like when I was a a rookie, first year guy, second year guy, if that's how I looked up to the standard that was there in the past defense, we really we've really lost that standard. And you know, I feel like that falls on me. And you know, we we're gonna keep chasing at it. We're gonna keep working at it, cause I'm just I'm not really satisfied with what I've built in this secondary wh where where it's gone. I just don't think playing that day like this week can go far. And uh, that's it's it's it's cool winning it. That's great, we're winning. But I wanna go far. I wanna go to the end. And what we're playing, we I I I can't. Something's gotta change. We gotta we just gotta play better. I gotta play better. We all gotta play better. We gotta play as a unit. And w we're just not doing that. So it's it's really nothing really more to say, just we just we we gotta keep working. We we gotta take the practice to the game. Had a great practice week.
Speaker 5: What is what?
Speaker 16: What what is missing there from how we're practicing tower.
Speaker 9: Playing in the game.
Speaker 16: Wow, it's but it's become clear that you know, it's it's something I think each guy has got to look at themselves in the mirror, figure out why are you not playing? How you practice something? The practices were old concept the game. You don't prac do it how you practice, So it it's it's becoming more of a mental thing, I think. But we we gotta get that fixed. I mean, I it's it's not it's not cool to win a game and you look up and the team that's three hundred passing every week, you know, and and it be differently, we didn't have no guys that could play. I haven't once heard anybody say we don't have the guys. We don't have the player. If you don't have the skill it, we're not doing it in practice. It's it's clear that it's something from when we do that last preparation to the game. What is happening in that in that span and we gotta figure out. So that's Uh, it's it's pretty simple.
Speaker 3: Wotter.
Speaker 1: Could you could you feel things change out to the fumble, But did you feel from the momentum and they as shit?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I just just talked about a little bit. Yeah, I fea I felt, Uh, I felt the fans got back in it. We scored a touchdown and it kind of jolt it as we we were a little, uh little drive there in the beginning. Fans got back in it, and uh it was loud.
Speaker 5: It was loud.
Speaker 16: It was loud after that, and uh we were able to get to give them my mentum back and we kind of kept.
Speaker 6: How do you bring how do you bring that standard back as a leader of the defense.
Speaker 16: You know, we just gotta keep working. We gotta be you gotta be confident in what we do. I think confidence is key in the secondary. You know, give up a play, whatever, whatever happens, it's gonna happen, but you gotta be confident.
Speaker 7: I feel like it, you know.
Speaker 16: I I've just been around so many greats in my in my young years leaders, and I'm not ready to let that standard be where it is right now. Where where it's at right now is just it's a like like I said earlier, it's it's just not it's not getting enjoyable to keep winning these games and every week, ever, every week, it's it's kind of the same story. It's a communication area. It's so why don't we do it like this? We practice it. It's just it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Next up is tight end. Mark Andrews had a big touchdown in this game.
Speaker 5: Because what was exactly supposed to happen on that touchdown?
Speaker 2: Pass to you? And then what did you do?
Speaker 3: It seemed like, I think Moore said, you improvised a little bit together.
Speaker 20: Yeah, just a little bit of improvising, you know, kind of got cut loose and took it high. Just a normal mesh concept. But you know, just the way that he sees the game and just playing ball, and that was a big time, big time play. But there's a lot of big time plays. You think about Thailand and just the way the guys fought and and you know, just a belief in ourselves and didn't go our way, you know, throughout the game. But I'm proud of the way the guys fought.
Speaker 11: We're one of the closest players on his touchdown and what were you see as he made.
Speaker 20: That playfore you thinking just a dog man. He's a he's a dog and he makes big time plays. And Thailand doesn't get a lot of love, but he should. He makes big time plays and he comes in clutch and that was just an amazing play that That's that's there is to it.
Speaker 5: What do you think the.
Speaker 12: Big change You're you're seven points midway through the third quarter. What what was different for you offensively?
Speaker 20: Well, I think that it was more of a team thing. I think the team was, you know, really clicking that the defense and you know, getting turnovers and for us just being able to move the ball, be efficient and just understand that, you know, we're gonna have to move the ball to win the game and score some points.
Speaker 2: And that's what we did.
Speaker 20: And but again, it was it was it was all phases of the ball, that guy's making plays and stepping up.
Speaker 1: Just a big picture level, what is it like to be in a game like this that's kind of back and forth.
Speaker 3: You got to climb out of.
Speaker 1: The hole early on, and and just the emotional swings of a game like this.
Speaker 2: It was It was a It was a hard fought game.
Speaker 20: You know, you gotta give a credit to them because they fought hard and they made it tough on us. And but just keep on fighting, keep on believing, and throughout the game all four quarters we didn't give up. And I think that shows a lot about our team.
Speaker 18: Mark, you get hurt in this game last year and then you have an impact you did in this game tonight, Like, like, how does it feel to be, you know, for a year over year change for you?
Speaker 20: Just thankful and blessed and just just giving the glory to God and believing in him and trusting in him. And yeah, I feel very thankful to be a part of this organization and this team and and everything that's going on right now.
Speaker 2: It feels really good.
Speaker 3: Did you want the.
Speaker 9: Ball to come to you on the on sidekick? Please come to my hand?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well they moved it over. So I was like, well, I guess I'm the guy to get it. You know. Luckily it was it was it was a pretty easy one.
Speaker 18: But yeah, you guys, fourteen is what does it tell you about this team to to come back the league?
Speaker 15: Guys?
Speaker 2: They do, so it's huge. You know.
Speaker 20: It's a lot of teams can kind of, you know, go in the tank and shut it down, you know, when things aren't going.
Speaker 2: Our way, and we fought an uphill battle for.
Speaker 20: Most of the game, and I think again, just a belief in the fight and and the resiliency that the guys had.
Speaker 2: Throughout four quarters and just understand that we have no quit.
Speaker 20: We're always gonna fight to the end and make it tough and and that's all phases. So I'm proud of the guys.
Speaker 7: What did you think changed in the second half? Offensively?
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 20: You know, I don't think that we kind of shot ourselves in the foot as much as we did. I think we started too many drives off with maybe penalties and not getting the ball going. And and that was the big thing is getting first down, moving the ball, moving the chains, and good things happened when we did that. Mark you can do this.
Speaker 13: For a while.
Speaker 20: Putting among this offense this season, is this the most confidence you've had in down fourteen?
Speaker 8: Kind of really doesn't matter with this offense.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, you know, he brings a different level of intensity and carries the team on his back week in and week out.
Speaker 2: And for us, it's again, it's belief, it's it's it's.
Speaker 20: Not quitting and understand that we have the best player in the world on our team and we're never out of it.
Speaker 6: Lamars scrambled like sixty yards for that one game.
Speaker 9: Right, Where does that kind.
Speaker 2: Of rank for you? Yeah?
Speaker 20: It felt like that play lasted about like thirty seconds. Everyone's just scrambling around. And then of course he he gets a huge game and that was a big time play as well. And again just his fight and his will to will our team to to first towns to victories and and making big time plays. Man, he's he's incredible.
Speaker 14: What does it mean nonly to have les Wing, but now extra few days rest before.
Speaker 9: You have to go up to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. You know.
Speaker 20: Obviously coming out here to win is awesome and and for us just just taking care of our bodies, you know, doing the right things, and you knowing that this is the last half of the season's gonna be awesome and big for us.
Speaker 8: How would you describe the kind of being a relationship of ability that you you know, between you and Mr and and why are able to kind.
Speaker 20: Of, you know, I think that that we've we've always kind of had that connection of being able to, you know, know where each other is going to be and and and make big plays. And for me, it's just trying to be friendly for him and and and be a quarterback's best friend. And you know, it's it's it's easy when you have a guy like that.
Speaker 1: We also heard from wide receiver Tyland Wallace had a big time touchdown of this game where he tight ropes along the sidelines for a long score that the Ravens really needed at that time.
Speaker 17: What did that look like as far as I feel adjustment, So I'm like I said, like offensively, we just need to calm down, you know, you know, just do our assignment, do your job. I think we were kind of overthinking things, trying to do too much, trying to make big splash plays, and I think we just need to take it one play at a time and just go from there.
Speaker 16: Just simply having Lamar as your quarterback help you guys kind of manage that panic going.
Speaker 17: In Oh man, I mean you I don't know who else you want to have back there. I mean, you know, he makes he makes plays out of out of nothing. You know, a lot of quarterbacks in the league probably can't. So just having him back there, having that trust in him, having him trust us, I mean, it's you couldn't ask for anything better.
Speaker 11: Was a conversation of you know, we're not necessarily playing Ravens football.
Speaker 3: When Marlin strips the ball and.
Speaker 6: Sort of changes the momentum, how does that change things for.
Speaker 3: You guys as an offense.
Speaker 17: I mean, like you said, yeah, like doing it for that for example, I mean, you go out and you make a play like that now that we have the momentum now, So just doing that and seeing you watch other guys make plays, that makes you want to make plays. So seeing him do that just made everybody else want to go out. All right, now it's my turn.
Speaker 5: Can you just take a step by step through your touchdown?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 17: So I was out there, do you know, like I said, like it was just a simple outroute, nothing crazy. So you know, one thing, I just need to make sure I catch the ball first before anything, you know. And then once I spun out of it, the guy missed the tackle, so I said, okay, I got some space here, so I just keep running, run as fast as I can and saw a safety come by tried to you know, get more yards and he ended up missing.
Speaker 3: The tackle and I just took it from there.
Speaker 2: Is Dereck Henry stiff arm kind of rubbing off on you guys or what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could say that. You can say that. I've been taking some notes on it for sure. What did you do the Bengals?
Speaker 12: I feel like every time, at least this year, it's a shootout and it's high scoring.
Speaker 17: Ye I mean, like you said, you got two high powered offenses to playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, and you know what I mean, that's just I guess he'll say, AFC North kind of kind of game. So you know, happily happy we came out on the right end of.
Speaker 9: It this time.
Speaker 18: Did you have any flashbacks to the punt return touchdown, same sideline?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely did. It was crazy.
Speaker 17: It was like kind of pretty similar moment actually, you know what I mean, breaking one tackle, then coming down and you know, staying up, staying in bounce, keeping my balance. It was definitely a good flashbacks for sure.
Speaker 5: Did you think about that as you're running during a play or when did it hit me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Breaking once I had the free space, I thought like, oh wow, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like the exact same moment. Yeah, really it was crazy.
Speaker 17: But yeah, I'm just blessed to be able to have a moment like that, and yeah it was awesome.
Speaker 2: So what is it about you in big plays?
Speaker 5: I guess is the question?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 17: Like I said, I just try to take advantage of my opportunities to go out there and just you know, make a difference for the team.
Speaker 5: Last one, the crowd really got into the game after your play. Talk about how that in the second half.
Speaker 2: They really make the difference for you guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, for sure. I mean, like I mean, had first of all, just having a night game.
Speaker 17: Like this that our crowd as always is you know, involved and super gets us ready to go, you know what I mean. So going out there making plays helps them want to help us make plays.
Speaker 3: I guess you could say so it was awesome having them out there.
Speaker 17: They were super loud tonight and I hope it's seen again the next time.
Speaker 1: We also heard from running back Derek Henry, who had a touchdown on the night.
Speaker 15: Yeah, how much you think Marlin's forts fumble kind of ignited seemed like the whole team offensively and defensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think we were.
Speaker 13: In the stall for a little bit and it kind of got us going, and they played by Marlon to get those ramped up and then think we scored after that. So big play about him. You know, big player, may big p make make make big plays. So he did a great job.
Speaker 15: What's it like playing in the offense where there's so many guys at any time that can make a big play?
Speaker 5: Learned?
Speaker 13: It's fun and you know, I just think about it and uh think if you execute you know during the week, and it'll pay off in the game. And the guys who uh got got to make big plays make it supposed to plays and had a big day.
Speaker 5: Uh it's you know, if it paid off.
Speaker 18: They were just what wasn't working for the offensive that the first out?
Speaker 13: I mean, we just wasn't executing, you know, growing throwing out hurting ourselves. We just start playing on the way we needed to be able to execute it, put points on the board and get into drives.
Speaker 5: So that a part do But does Diffe?
Speaker 2: That's true?
Speaker 14: But does it say something about this offense where you might not be playing your best and then it all of a sudden, it all of a sudden clicks.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we didn't need somebody to make a smart spoy to make a big, a big play. You know, you know eventually hit us tall. You know, you know, you know, we just need to start up hurting ourselves and you know, give him the job and a league the points?
Speaker 7: Did you did?
Speaker 15: You said he was taking those on your step on?
Speaker 8: So when did you see you on his touchdown?
Speaker 12: And what do you think of his step on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I think just was saying that he did someone like that in call it. So, I mean, it's it's some he he's used to, he's done before. So I thought he I thought he did a great job. The biggest thing is balance. Thought it was an awful job of giving his balance and staying in getting a touchdown. Man, tell him, you know, he he works hard throughout the week and you know you don't get a lot of credit, but he did a great job today, so I had some off to tell him.
Speaker 9: Derek, you've been a been around a long time now.
Speaker 11: Is there a part of you that appreciates kind of coming through just a crazy game like this or would you rather be a neat, clean victory.
Speaker 13: I mean, we were all like neat and clean victories, but these division games are always always tough, and uh, that's a uh really good team no matter what the record says.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think that was a.
Speaker 13: Overall effort, a whole overall team effort, cause it would take everybody, and I felt like everybody was all out Dann to.
Speaker 5: Be able to secure the win.
Speaker 15: How much you go? I think this ten day rest is gonna help you.
Speaker 2: That was gonna help a lot.
Speaker 13: I'm sure guy's gonna take advantage of it, and it's gonna be much appreciated and it's be a good time for guys to get away and reset and to get ready for the upcoming week.
Speaker 1: Next up is wide receiver or Shot Bateman, who had the game winning touchdown in this one, Big Can.
Speaker 17: You just talk about what you saw in that last play and how that touchdown went down.
Speaker 21: To all I seen was the ball and all I knew what I need to catch it and the song was not there and I made the play.
Speaker 17: It seems like every week, you know, somebody else is stepping off Thailand making the big play.
Speaker 2: You making a bunch of big plays.
Speaker 6: What does it just say about this offense that you can't you can't bank, you don't know who it's gonna be any week.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I think this offense is definitely a living or unknown.
Speaker 5: I mean, we got guys.
Speaker 21: All over the place that can make plays, and you know, we continue to show that. You know, obviously Tiland came up big for us tonight and we go to continue to eat that for the rest of the year from everybody. So, uh, it definitely felt good to see everybody, you know contribute.
Speaker 6: What do you think kind of got the offense going after a little bit of a slower start.
Speaker 21: I mean, you know, we came in here at half time and we talked, and you know, we knew that we had a lot of things to clean up and then we need to go out and play harder. And uh Lamar came in here, he said that, you know, we came out in fits what we needed to do. Still a lot of things to clean up. But you know, we definitely played better than such a half had.
Speaker 7: The Marlin's script, Uh help you guys, did that motivate you?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 5: Said it again when Marlin's scripped the.
Speaker 7: Ball, did that motivate you guys on the side line?
Speaker 21: Yeah, when the defense make a big players always motivates us to go out there, you know, make us splash way for them. What it's getting the end zone? You know, deep points, uh, seven points.
Speaker 3: Whatever looks like.
Speaker 21: But yeah, that definitely got us going.
Speaker 3: Shout out fools and you see Tayland great waters.
Speaker 18: What do you see on that play?
Speaker 5: You feel good? Man?
Speaker 21: Not even just myself, A lot of these guys put in you know, countless of ours, you know, just to feel that you never know where you're a feel it again. So uh to see Thyland, you know, go out there, have you know, career game. I love it that and man like he worked his ass off, he really does. So it feels good to see.
Speaker 3: Just how well this offense is played all season long.
Speaker 18: Be does it feel like when you're in a game, even if you have a slow start, Hey, we know we're gonna turn it on.
Speaker 3: That it's only a matter of.
Speaker 21: Time, like we got Lamar Jackson, I ain't a lot of you. If you're on the field, we got a chance to win a game, period,