Speaker 1: This is the EDS with Eddie Judge and Edwin Ado Yave.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, welcome back to the ED podcast. I'm Eddie Judge. I got my co host here. Welcome back, brother.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you so a while.
Speaker 2: Happy new year, man, Can you believe this is a whole new year. It's been a new a whole twelve month since you know, we've we've you know, been doing this all right, I know longer than that, but.
Speaker 1: That blew by. Yeah, I still can't believe it. And look, January is almost done.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, let me let me correct myself what I was trying to say. It's been a year since you and I have actually just caught up with each other, and you know, I want to know what's going on in your life. Want to know how your twenty twenty five was. Talk about my twenty twenty five, and we'll talk about you know, any gold or aspirations you might have for twenty twenty six. And I just give our listeners an update of what's going on with.
Speaker 1: The sound good, sounds good, Let's do it awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start with how was your twenty twenty five? I mean, I remember a lot of shit going on in your life, but I didn't kill us.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'll start with the holidays. You know. The holidays was, they were good. We ended up on a strong note. You know, it's not always how you start the year, it's how you ended. And I felt like this year we had a great ending. Did a lot of shopping this year. You know, the kids have been great, and I wanted to make sure that they just had a great, great Christmas, especially with everything that they've gone through. So I basically got them whatever they wanted, you know, and I got lucky. Well, one of my kids asked for the world, if you got the world, you know. My other kids didn't ask for so much, and it was funny because I told them, I'm like, you know what, this is why you have to ask, because this year was the year that whatever you asked for you would have gotten. And one of them didn't ask as much, and the you know, modest, but one did and she got some great, great gifts. But more importantly, I think we had some great, great memories. You know, this year we spent Christmas, we all spent it together. Teddy was with us, the girlfriend was with us. Yeah, it was at the house. Yeah, so it was very It was very similar to the Christmas that we had last year in regards to just we had a bunch of games. I mean, we played games for probably six hours straight. And you know what, what I love about those competitive games that we play is that you move your body quite a bit. So you know, whenever you're moving your body, everybody's just feeling great. You know, there's the energy level is just goes through the roof, The enthusiasm goes to the roof, and it was just great to see smiles everywhere. And again it was it was great to have Teddy Teddy there and yeah, we had a good time. She even participated in a couple of the games. So it was good, awesome.
Speaker 2: I imagine. It's also a great way to distract you all from any animosity or negative energy or thoughts or you know, kind of just keep you distracted so that you can focus on the positives of you know, the situation. So that's genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was great too because I think it was the first time my mom had seen Teddy and probably over a year and three months so since all went so it was the first time really most of my family got to hang out with Teddy and it was just great to see them, so glad to see her and vice versa. So yeah, it was a good moment. It was a good moment.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Sounds like a great way to end the year. Yeah, it's it's for me. The holidays are been tossed, you know, kind of a roller coaster up and down, and you know, coming from not having two parents and that whole cohesive family unit and structure, it always felt like it was just about gifts. You know, we do have the Catholic traditions in our family where we do I think we do church on Christmas Eve and we open up our present. Sometimes they let us open up a present at midnight, but most of the time it was in the morning. So it's always been interesting to me, like, well, how are the holidays going to be this year? Because one year I was not I was just focused on work and that was all that mattered to me, my health and everything. So I was not in a relationship, and when it came to the holiday season, I kind of felt a little lonely. But I had to talk myself out of it because I was focused on accomplishing some business goals. But it was a little lonely, and I think it affected me in the long term because it kind of set me in a place where like, it's just an excuse for big commerce to come in and sell you a bunch of shit candy and foods that are going to start making you sick. My favorite, obviously is Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving not just because of the fever, because we all come together and say thank you for you know, the appreciation that we have for each other, beating each other's life, and you know, thank God that we're all healthy. But then Christmas happens, and there again we got to buy a bunch of presents, and it's like it's all about the money, and I started looking at it that way, like, okay, and being in business and having a retail business, it's kind of like, all right, it's time to start our marketing campaigns. And it used to be October, but now it's you know, middle of summer for the holidays that are coming. So it just it kind of put a bad taste in my mouth, and I wasn't too excited. But it turned out to be an awesome holiday. This year. We spent it at home, our new Dynamics as our kids are older now and they have significant others, so they're going to you know, they're they're they're going to spend it part time with us and the other part work there significant other's family. And this year we had, you know, kind of figure out what's going on because ideally we wanted to go to Big Bear and do it, but the kids can't leave and we want to be with family. So mother in law came down from Arizona. Our son, Spencer, he was going to come over on Christmas Eve by himself or with his girlfriend, and our daughter was going to be there with her boyfriend, and we were just going to be a small group of us there. And all of a sudden, on the day of my sons like, can I invite my girlfriend's family? And we're like, holy shit. It just turned into a party because the family is awesome. We love her family, we love spending time with them. His girlfriend's dad is so funny. So it turned into an awesome celebration. We had a lot of people. I felt great, I had some great food, we laughed, we joked. I think the kids started playing some sort of game. I wasn't too into it. I think it was but it was fun. And then when all that was done, I think around I want to say six or seven o'clock, maybe eight o'clock everybody went home. It could have been nine o'clock. We woke up the next morning and drove to Big Bear and it was just my wife and I and mother in law and her boyfriend. And then we were hoping to have a white Christmas obviously up here in Big Bear, but ray it rained, snowed a little bit. We had about maybe four into the snow and it was okay, nothing to brag about, but just being away was the fun part.
Speaker 1: You know, let's go. So do you do much seen when you're out there?
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm not. I'm not a winter sport kind of guy. I've had a lot of friends that have been trying to get me into it, but and I'm sure I can get good at it and have fun with it. But I'm the kind of person that if I find something I really am not just good at That's why I like it, because I'm good at it. Yeah, but I find that I will get into it and try to find the right tool for the right job, and of course it has to be, you know, an expensive tool. Because those are usually the ones for the right job. And I thought, if I get into snow skiing, I'm not just gonna be excited about coming up here. I'm going to be traveling, chasing the snow and being that idiot that you know goes all the way to Switzerland in the winter just to get the best snow. And the fact is that I don't know is going on. Yeah, but there's there's something going on in that in the snow world where there's a company that purchased all the mountains and they have the Ski Pass Mountain And when you go to these ski resorts, you know in Vale Espen and even here in California, there's masses and masses and masses of people doing it. So there's a huge line and it is just terrible. You know. I don't know if I'm just getting old and grumpy, but I hate lines. I hate waiting in line. I'm okay with a small line, but if it's you know, it's snakes around the whole building, forget it. I don't want to do it. It's not worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now I'm not a big winter sport guy. Do you like to ski?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm Okay, I like skiing, but I'm I'm like a blue, blue green guy. I don't really mess with black. I think at this point of my life, I just don't want to get hurt because I like, I like my workout so much that I'm like, I don't need to be doing stuff or I might break my bones or anything like that. But I do like going. I do like kind of mess around with the blue slopes or whatever it's called bunny slopes. Yeah, but what'd you do for New Year's?
Speaker 2: New Year's was mellow again. Not a big New Year's guy. I spent years when I was cycling a lot. I would wake up early January first meet up with some guys as about eight hundred riders that used to ride from Long Beach to Dana Point on Pch and we took over the whole street. There was eight hundred riders and unofficial, you know. It was just one of those things I used to do in New Year's Day. So for many years I was like anti partying celebrating New Years. In fact, I didn't want to stay up this last New Year's I wanted to go to sleep, but we ended up having our daughter and her boyfriend come up three days before New Year's and there was no snow, nothing, so they got to play a little bit on some of the leftover snow or the manmates know. But we had a great time with our daughter and her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was fun to see my wife interact with my daughter on a like a friendship relationship. We played games, he played pool, We went to restaurants. We really had a great time spending time with her and her boyfriend. It was fun. And then somehow made it to midnight.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: It was. It was tough, but I made midnight kiss my wife and went straight to bed. But you different years, man.
Speaker 1: I was like a teenager. I ended up in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think it's the first time in probably twenty years at least that I was in Vegas for New Year's Eve and had a blast. I mean, I was like a total teenager. I had a great, great dinner. I mean, first of all, I was last minute, right, I ended up getting tickets last minute, ended up at the win the encore. Had this great dinner, but then we want to go check out Rufe is still so okay, and stayed out all night. It was fun. It was a lot of fun. Then that the next day paid for a little bit, but worth it.
Speaker 2: You know, It's funny the.
Speaker 1: Last I did skip my workout, you know that's I definitely did that. Not the way to start off the year. But I think that's two years in a row. Last year, I I also went out on New Year's Eve and it was I ended up at the Soho house and was also got one after it that that night. So two years strong going out on New Year's Eve, because prior to that, I was like, I was gone by nine, not even twelve. I would't even make it till twelve. I was I'd celebrate with the kids to nine pm. We called it our East Coast New Years, and we'd all be in bed by ten. And you know, the last two years it's been, it's been definitely different.
Speaker 2: Well, you're in a new lifestyle, you know, kind of a quasi single guy in a new relationship, doing new things over again. Totally totally understand. And you know what those last minute trips, those have always been some of the best ones. The unplanned, let's just do it kind of things, those have been some of the most fun things to do. And I think that starts to dissipate a little when you're in a long term relationship because we love predictability. We you know, we know each other very well. We sometimes manish each other's sentences. And my favorite thing is sometimes you know, when it comes to figuring out where we're going to go eat, we can predict what each other's moods or or or or cratings are. So the point is is that everything becomes predictable and we plan everything, and you know, there's so much more responsibility that we have to juggle that we can't just say, let's go to Paris or you know, let's go to Italy. Yeah, but good for you, man, I'm still happy you're living your life.
Speaker 1: I think I think this year was was definitely a year a lot well last year, which I'm going to continue that. I just I love the spontaneous year that I had. I mean, I went to Europe twice. Last minute. I booked my trip to France niece uh Central Pey literally the day before. So July third, I'm like, I had nothing to do in fourth of July for the first time in my life. Kids are gone, everybody's gone. By myself, I'm like, you know what, my friend called me to say come down to centro Pey. Literally just booked it. Boom, I'm down. I'm there the next day. And so I just like that all year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it was it was I you know, I ate a lot this year, like.
Speaker 1: I eat bread. Now. It's funny.
Speaker 2: You see the results of that right here on the side.
Speaker 1: I'd say, I'm down a four pack, so you'll get back I need I need to get it back up. Yeah, I've been needing a little too much, too much. I've become a foodie in twenty twenty five. That's what twenty twenty five was about. God, I just ate left and right. But you know, I still kept up with the exercise. But it still gets you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well you're in a new relationship. So I can tell you from personal experience. When my wife and I got together, before we got married, obviously we were in great shape. I was working that all the time, and we had been invited to Cobble for a VIP thing to open up a new hotel. It was a paid, paid thing, right, so everything was camped and everything, and by then by the time we got to we had been eating, traveling, doing a lot of things together. Gaining weight, And it didn't hit us until we went to Cabo and we were just doing all these events, taking all these photo shoots, and we were walking on the beach and there was a Papa Rozzi on a like a small little boat or yacht that was pitting off the beach. And I just got this weird feeling about it when I saw it, because it's just odd that this one little boat, I mean, it's a small yacht, like it's got dark windows and everything. Why is this thing sitting out there by itself. Well, the point is they took a picture of camera and I unknowingly and they got me with my gut out, my wife's ass out. It was just like not prepared for these pictures. And of course TMZ got ahold of them, or all these muddy you know uh places got ahold of them. And they wrote these stupid articles and showed that picture and kind of woke us up, like, shit, we can't, we can't do this. You got to keep it tight. Yeah, that was a big wake up call, but you know that's normal. You're gonna do fun stuff. My daughter, when she first got in her relationship, she did the same thing. I think I think it's a normal thing. You just want to enjoy each other's in each other's time in so many aspects.
Speaker 1: Are you know, you know it's interesting about that ediot. It's I always tell my my guys, my my sales agents. You know, you don't get what you want, you get what you are. So that's why I think your self worth comes into play, because whatever your self worth is, you'll you'll get to that point.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So when you do get out of shape, eventually it hits you like, wait, that's not who I am, right right, I need to go back to the person I was. And that's why you don't get what you want. You get what you are, and that's why your If your identity is, oh, I'm just going to be out of shape all my life, that's what you're going to get. And if your identity is you know what, I'm always in shape. I take care of my health, that's what you're going to get. Because eventually, when you go below that, you'll come you'll you'll recognize it, and you'll get yourself back to who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm talking about that place myself right now where I'm like, wait a minute, IM getting out a hand here, I didn't get back to who what I know, I should where I should be, you know. But it's just it's it's the power of your self worth, It's the power of your identity. Right.
Speaker 2: I also think it's a healthy balance, you know, because I believe life is all about healthy balances. You really can't be in the best shape of your life your entire life. From an athletic or sports athletic performance aspect, you always have peaks and valleys, and your values are not going to be that low. They're just not going to be days. You've got to let your body recover, right, But when you can keep at the time of your game or your competition or that, that's that's genius if you can actually make it happen. Because there's so many variables involved in this journey that it really is unrealistic to be in the best shape every life. For example, last November, after I got back from Bravo Kan and I had spent you know, three days, maybe four days out there shaking hands, you know, meeting a lot of people, hugging people, taking pictures, just thousands of thousands of people. I got sick and my wife got sick first, but she knocked it out in like twenty four hours, and I'm like, well, she knocked it out in twenty four hours, it's going to be easy for me because I usually don't get sick that often or that long. Well, it kicked my ass and I ended up buying antibiotics, and I don't like taking shit like that. But after the first week I took my last antibiotic, I gave myself one more rest day, and the very next day I got sick again, full relapsed one hundred percent of what I experienced. It took me out for about a month and a half and I didn't exercise. I really didn't eat that healthy. I didn't do a lot of movement. I was literally chilling like I was in my death. That it sucked. It totally screwed me up. So since then, I've been kind of on this journey to slowly get back in shape, and I'm almost there now. But it sucked because I had just gotten back two weeks before that from a trip up north in northern California where I did a two day dirt bike trip and I rode ten hours the first day, which kicked my butt, but I did it, and another six or eight hours the next day, and I'm talking like long, long days. And I came home and I felt great, I felt in shape, I felt like resilient. And then I go to Bravocon and I get sick. It sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, now something to be sad about. Consistency though, Like I find like now the days I don't work out as far as I used to. I'm just well, for the last ten years, I've just been consistent. And oh it's funny because I'll see people at the gym doing these crazy exercises and I just do like the same boring stuff all the time, and just the consistency out performs all the time. Yeah, first doing all these kind of crazy, you know, new exercises that no one has seen. And then but you're not consistent one of them, Like don't matter if you're hanging from the bar bell and trying to do sit ups or the you know whatever the whatever it's called.
Speaker 2: It's all for the Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all for them. It's all about consistency and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: So I've had days where I've gone to the gym and I wasn't feeling it. But you know, actually, let me prove practice that. I've had days where I absolutely do not want to go to the gym, but once I get there and warm up, it's some of the best workouts I've ever had. But recently I've had I've had days where I've just I'm not feeling it. I go to the gym anyways, I warm up and I'm still not feeling it. I'm just out one hundred percent there, so I'll just go stretch out, roll my body out, you know, maybe therygun me and call it a day and go home. You know, it's okay. I think the most important part of going to the gym or being consistent is exactly that figuring out how to get yourself to start and do it. And if you have days where you don't feel it, you don't have to go one hundred percent, but it's that initial going to the gym. Now you have your gym at home, right, yes, but.
Speaker 1: I agree with those are the best days. Like a day like that where you didn't want to go and you still made it even if you didn't do much. It's you were able to do things even though you don't want to, right, because anybody can do it when you feel great. But it's when you don't feel great, can you still show up? And I think those are the big I call those the identity building days because that's what starts to transform you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And I imagine it would be a little bit a little bit easier or more challenging for you having you know, your gym at home. Did I personally, I don't like working out at home, you know, I do so much at home. I like to leave. I like to go to the gym and get out of the environment that I'm in most of the day, you know. Plus not that I look forward to chatting up with the people at the gym, but I do look forward to seeing some of the people I do like at the gym, you know, catching up, Hey, how you doing quick? You know, to chat and back to work.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But it do you think it's easier to have the gym at home or to go to the gym?
Speaker 1: Well, I personally like to get out, but it's good to have a gym at home, so on these days that you're running late, you can just sort of default into the gym at home. So that's where I used it, you know, for me, it's interesting we're talking about fitness because obviously last year and the last well, the last two years have been probably well, the last two years have been very very hard, especially twenty twenty four. I mean, twenty twenty five was hard in that obviously Teddy got diagnosed with what she got diagnosed with, but that was hard. Twenty twenty four was, you know, very very hard for me. And what always sort of kept me through all that chaos was just working out, like that was my mental health. If it wasn't for I mean, there was times i'dn't only sleep two hours a night and I would still just get on the treadmill and run.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: What that did for my mental health was huge, you know, because my body was so relaxed after workouts that didn't matter what came at me. You know, it was almost just as important as my scripture. In fact, I'd work out and then do the scripture, you know, or whatever my gratitude exercise sometimes because I was just I could focus more, I was in a better mood, I was relaxed, and that literally was you know that And my faith was what carried me through probably the lot the worst two years of my life. And I don't think I talk about it enough, but It really was that fitness that that that really helped me with my mindset at the time, because if it wasn't for that, I would have gone you know, creat Craig, you know, I agreed tremendously.
Speaker 2: I agree for me like you I there's nothing that's more effective in in centering myself and taking on challenges to dealing with life challenges without working out. You know, there's there's That's why I like to work out for singing in the morning. M It's been very, very challenging lately because my wife, you know, wakes up later or or she wakes up earlier, but she doesn't the engine running until later than me, So we tend to go to the gym later than I enjoy. But I enjoy more being with my wife at the gym than you know, skipping the workout because you know it's too late for me. But the point is is that I'm ready for the day. I'm ready for the world. I'm ready for anything that's thrown at me. When I actually have the blood pumping, the lungs breathing, and the body moving that I can't live without it. That's what I got to do for the rest of my life. And now that I'm older, I'm looking at the future, like, what is my life going to look like when I'm eighty ninety? You know, am I still going to be able to wake up in the morning and do this? I have met some older people that is fire me, you know. I think that's important is to find those people. You know what they say about surrounding yourself with smokers, six smokers or five smokers, You're going to be the six smoker, you know. Surrounding yourself with the people you want to be like really is effective. And being in the dirt bike world, every time I meet somebody new, I always ask how old are you? Or do you who's the oldest guy you know that's still riding? Because this is such a physical thing for me and such a challenge mentally physically and endurance wise as well that it tris me to be better. And as much as I want to get better, I also am looking for longevity because I want to be able to be eighty years old and still do some physical activities, not you know, sitting on a couch watching TV or some stupid like that. But the oldest guy I've ridden with was seventy three years old. And he was doing some pretty challenging stuff on the bike, and it inspires me, you know, I mean, I'm only fifty two, but when I'm seventy two that I want to do that, that's cool. What was your biggest takeaway for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Biggest takeaway for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: Do you remember last year around this time, we had this conversation about, you know, we don't necessarily do New Year's resolutions, but we do goal setting and we want to do something. I don't remember what year goals were last year, but something along those lines was What was the biggest takeaway for last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, I mean, I think if you compare the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five where I was a year ago versus where I was at today, I think, you know, at the end of twenty twenty four, I'm still bitter, right, there's a lot of bitterness.
Speaker 2: In my heart.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, today and even twenty twenty five was obviously all about gratitude. I think that what I realized I've done this before, but it was more evident, more than ever in twenty twenty five, and I'm bringing this into twenty twenty sixth, which is just continue to push forward because eventually, no matter what happens, that pain, that pressure, that stress, that storm eventually goes away. And when it goes away, you have to be ready because there's usually a huge opportunity that comes your way. Because it's not always going to be that Storm's not always going to be there your entire life. It's just in life. You have to go through these seasons and you just got to continue to push through it and push past it, and eventually it doesn't and it usually comes with an ourpportunity of a lifetime. Then if you're not ready for it, you're going.
Speaker 2: To miss it.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's maintaining being ready so then opportunity comes. And you know, I think what I've seen over just my career is just you start getting really good at recognizing patterns. You know, instead of just doing blind repetition, right, you start seeing patterns and you're like, Okay, if this and this and this happened, that means something great's about to happen. And it gives you hope, it gives you faith, And for me, it's just about that. It's it's just always continuing to push forward. No matter what comes, you know, there's always going to be new, a new season of something. And I think it's I know, I hopeful, faithful that there's a great season coming. I'm already seeing the patterns of it. So I think twenty twenty six is probably going to be one of my best years ever. You know, I had to go through some tough times in twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five, but again, I'm starting to see everything sort of line up, and I'm super excited about, you know, twenty twenty six, and you know, to keep keep going.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of a quote I read. I think it was last year. It was I hope I don't screw it up, but it was something along the lines of the bad news is that times will be hard, m The good news is that our bad times will come. The good news is that good times will come, but none of it will last. I think something along those lines. So that makes sense. The good news is that good times and bad times are going to happen. The bad news is that they're going to pass. So you can't be always in the good times. And you can and you will never be always into bad times, but you will it will pass. As I think to your point is living in a world of instant gratification. It's hard for people to comprehend how long sometimes the bad times takes pass. And for you it was the last two years. And now things are starting to shift for you, and you're seeing the pattern and you're seeing the good times coming forth in twenty twenty sixth A lot of that is also your mental attitude, right, you just go in there positive, but you've seen the pattern, you recognize it, and now you're ready for the good times.
Speaker 1: Well again, I think I've said this before, but one of my favorite scriptures is Proverbs twenty four to twenty six twenty four sixteen, Proverbs twenty four sixteen, which says for the righteous will fall seven times, but they will rise again, but the wicked will stumble in calamity strikes. That word seven really means infinity, like you're going to fall and fall and fall and fall, and all you have to do is get up one more time. And the truth of the matter is that I think in life, you're going to fall, you're going to fail, you're going to lose, and I think sometimes the great danger in that is that you'll spend your entire life blaming people rather than realizing that it's probably the best opportunity that you'll have that's coming out. And I think, as I look back to where I'm at today, it's I'm not here because I haven't fallen. I'm not here because I haven't lost. I'm not here because I haven't failed. I'm still here because I just I get up one more time and when stuff happens, I just got to get up one more time. And eventually the opportunity comes, and you know, you have more good times and bad times. But I've always said life and pain are inseparable. You know. Now I'm going through my dad's sick Now it's like, oh, here comes another one and he is Now it's a life threatening situation and you know, and I'm still dealing with it, and it's just you know, what else is coming at you. But eventually, if you get used to going through pain, that pain doesn't affect it as much as it did before.
Speaker 2: Right, and happening with your dad, he's okay to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's unfortunately and debated right now and he's having you know, he's fine for his life. He got pneumonia and he got a flu, but he's eighty two, so because he's had sort of lung issues before, anything like that can wipe them out. You know. It's it's like it's like a domino effect. Once one organ starts, you know, when you get to that age, organ starts failing, It starts to set off all the other things. But again, when you go through moments like that, it's you either choose faith or you you choose fear. They both haven't happened yet. It's just which one you're going to choose. And I'm like, well, I not choose the positive side, you know, And that's how I lived life my entire time is just focusing more on the positives and not focusing on the stuff I can't control. I can't control if if he's going to make it, so let me focus on just on the fifth side. And hey, I'm going to get him for another season so we can go watch the World Cup together. So that's kind of where I'm at with that. But yeah, just you got to continue to push forward.
Speaker 2: You know. It's the same I think strategy you had when you went into it with Teddy and her cancer diagnosis. You've come out of it, you know, pretty strong, but I'm sure you're still you know, are are ceiling in the consequences of the entire picture, the big situation that, you know, why did this happen? You know, why are we here? The big question? How do you think? Well, do you know how is Teddy doing at this juncture? You know, years into its what's your viewpoint?
Speaker 1: You know? So you know, we were talking about how when I was going and I'm not comparing my situation to her situation because it's not even we're not even the same no, no, not even the same level. But where I give her so much credit, like I at least had the ability to work out to help me with what I was going through. You know, I think one of the hardest things for her she really can't work out. She's just starting to kind of move her body. But I think that's what's been really tough for her is that obviously she's going through the immuno therapy, which that alone causes some side effects. Yeah, so that's been really hard on her mental health, I think. And the good news though, is that those tumors are gone from what we can see. You know, the chances of that happening were point zero zero one, So that was totally a miracle from God. You know. I think.
Speaker 2: I also think that she has the same mentality as we do, and she thinks positive, right, I mean, you know her better than anybody, But I'm just basing this based on what I've witnessed and a little bit that I know about her. She she's motivated, she loves to help people. Yeah, she's positive, and she's fighting still for her life, you know. And it's wanting to be sitting here, you and I talking about all the ways that we employ our skill set and mental fortitude and and strategies on how we can prevent you know, a trauma from taking us down. And yeah, it might knock us down, but like we agree, we're going to be back up. It's another thing to be living it. And I see Teddy living in it and showing her tenacity and showing her strength and showing the you know, the challenges she's been going through and it's and she seems unstoppable.
Speaker 1: It's been inspiring. It's been inspiring to watch and uh, but yeah, what a such a tough battle that she's happen to go through, and you know, it sucks because you're in a position where there's not much you can do, right because there's also the what she's feeling in the inside that you know nobody really sees. But yeah, it's a lot. But the good news is, you know, I got to remind you all the time, you got to focus on the positives. I mean, eight months, nine months, and that these rumors are gone, Like that's a positive in that is just huge. But you could easily just focus on the negatives. Right, Hey, I'm not as active as I used to be. I can't be as active with the kids as I normally was. And it's that constant like, hey, it's only been nine months. I give yourself credit, you're doing amazing. So I think that's that inner battle with the mind is probably one of the toughest ones that you have to fight.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the point I'm trying to make is she's fighting this battle and she can't use the tools that we you and I can use. So where the hell is she getting her strength? Where is she finding her tenacity? Where is she The only thing I can surmise is, you know the power of thinking about something bigger than you and I used to train my clients when we had the gym, you know, talking about when times get hard on the on the race or on the competition. More specifically, when I was training spartans, I would teach them to think about why they're doing it, you know, and when you figure that out, you can use that as a tool to get you through the hardest times of your life. And the perfect example would be for Teddy is you know, she has wonderful kids she has to live for, and and if she just thinks about that, I don't know if she is, isn't it, But if she just thinks about that, why that purpose? I think that would be powerful enough to get her through these things without being able to use the tools that you and I normally have working out, you know, meditation, prayers, all the tools that we have at hand. But the most important one that we agree on is moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one tool that I'm one tool that I'm glad she's starting to use is more of a spiritual tool. She's still getting close. She's definitely getting closer to her faith. I love that, and I you know that helps. You know, a lot of times you you start to hear God, you hear God's voice by reading scripture at times, you know, one sentence could just speak to you, and you know, again, it's if it gives you faith, that's all you can ask for. Right, It's whatever you can do it gives you faith over the fear. Right Because again, they both haven't happened yet, right, So one's the projection of the most positive thing. One's the projection of the most of the most negative thing. So they both haven't happened yet. It's it's you choosing which when you're going to choose, and just being positive is you know everything, And you know, I always tell people if you're struggling, if you're struggling with your faith, focused on gratitude and it will increase your faith. So it's been great, I've seen I've seen that from her a lot. So that's that's makes me very happy.
Speaker 2: Well, I've always struggled with with religion, primarily because I never really studied it when I started learning about it. Obviously, I grew up Catholic, but I didn't love it and I didn't quite unders grasp, you know, all the concepts of the Catholicism. And then I went to Christianity, and again I really felt the power of faith, but I didn't like the structure of it. And when I learned there's over one hundred different religions, I'm like, I give up. But the biggest takeaway and the most powerful thing I truly believe that comes from being practicing your religion, whatever that is, is the power of faith. When you have faith, you can do almost anything if you truly believe in your faith, and it's an amazing tool to have, you know, when when times get hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think, you know, that's the problem. I think religion is the problem. I think really when you think about God, and not to get too much into faith on this, but God is love, you know, and it's really not our job to judge people. Our job is to love people and let them figure stuff out on their own, you know. I think the religion part of it, that's where I think it gets mixed up, and I think that's what turns a lot of people away from it. But that's really not what what Christ spot to to to the world. Right back it came and he was against religion, right, he was against everybody being so judgeful, and he taught everybody to just love, and that's really what it's about. It's not our job. It's not our job to judge people. It's our job to love people. And there's one judge that will happen at the end and let them figure it out.
Speaker 2: I agree. So last year, of course, I remember some of the goals I set. And do you remember any one or two or three goals that you set last year? And did you accomplish all of them or one of them or none of them? Do you remember?
Speaker 1: And honestly, I think my goal for the year was just kind of to get through it and hang on for dear life. Right. I knew that it was going to be a challenging year. I knew for me it was making sure that the kids had everything that they needed, that we kept the routine, you know, because obviously you have goals at the beginning of the year, but those can get upside down once you get punched in the face, you know. I had no idea when we talked about that stuff. I had no idea Teddy was going to get diagnosed a month later with stage four cancer, and then you just got a bigger stuff out. I think for me in those days, the ninety days prior to that, in many ways helped me so much when I got the news of Teddy, because I had gone through so much resistance and so much pain that even though it was really bad news, I could take it on. It's almost like I spent the last ninety days building muscles for that news. So when it hit me, it didn't hit me as bad as it probably should have because I had already gone through what I had gone through, right, And I also had this unwavering belief and just this conviction. And part of it was I was told it was going to happen beforehand, that Teddy was going to get cured, you know, and I chose to believe it. And I was also told that Teddy's life is going to get turned upside down before it happened, I didn't know how right, So it's almost like it was a prophesized to me by my mom's pastor. And but he said, hey, it's gonna be okay. Something's gonna happen. But he said, just remain positive, keep your eye on faith, and you're gonna see how God's gonna work a miracle. Interesting, and so when she went through it, I knew that she was gonna be all right. And I think that's the importance of faith is that whether it's true, whether it's true or not, you're believing that something positive is going to happen. And I think if it wasn't for that also, I probably wouldn't have been able to just conduct myself and do the things that I that I that I needed to do to make sure that the family didn't, you know, fall apart. And so, yeah, it was an interesting year and I just like I said earlier, it was just all about continuing to push through, understanding that no matter what, that storm was eventually going to end or is going to end, and when it does, you better be ready because good times are coming. And you hang on to that thought. And you know, if you have big dreams in life, it's not supposed to be easy, you know. And I think that's why you have to not always choose the easy path, not always try to choose the easy road, you know, the easy way that's unfortunately what most people are always trying to choose. And I've always just chosen a life that demands courage, that demands resiliency, that demands strength, and I think when you do that, you can make impact. And you know, it's tough sometimes, but you know, if you want big things, you want big dreams, you're gonna have big resistance. And that's where sometimes self sufficiency doesn't work, because when you're going after stuff and you have this big resistance that comes at you, you need to believe in something right And you know, I've always chosen to just believe in a higher power and that's gotten me through through those tough times. Is I mean, I've been through a lot and that's always been my what I hold on to. And you know, another great verse of mind that I love is I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. And that's what's gotten me through those days. So anyway, looking forward to a huge twenty twenty six, man, I'm excited about it, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, last year I had one real goal among other small ones, and if you remember, I was like this year, my biggest goal is that I want to learn everything and anything I can about AI because it's the next big y, you know, revolution in our in our country and our world really And although I started to learn, I got distracted, and that happens. I ended up still kind of staying in the same space as you know, learning about where AI is going to go and where you know, how it works. I didn't get into the intricacies of how it works and how I can use it to my advantage or to you know, enhance my skill set or my you know, task that I need to accomplish. But what happened is around I think April, I was getting our our financials in order, our trust and you know, making sure our house it big bears in our trust and you know, just take care of all that. And I happened to glance over up my brokerage account and I noticed a big chunk of money in and I'm like, what's going on. I didn't sell any stock. Why do I have this big chunk of money? And that just led me down a rabbit hole and it everything I learned in that probably twenty four hours to forty eight hours, lit me up. And I was so excited that nobody taught me this. You know, it's one of those things like I went and I learned what happened in this situation on my own, and it came natural, almost natural, if you will. I comprehended it, I understood it, and it just opened up my eyes to a whole new world of investing. So since that day. You know, I've been teaching myself and I have a mentor that's teaching me his skill sets. He's been doing it for thirty something years. He very smart guy, has has been very successful in it. And the biggest thing that I remember is the biggest lesson I've learned in this world of our economy is the people that make the most money in the world that I've ever met, are not just entrepreneurs. It's bankers, it's financial advisors. It's people that learn, live and learn and breathe money because money. What I've learned is money is not just a tool. It's not just go work your ass off, make money and buy shit, or you know, buy this, or prepare yourself for buy a house and buy a car, or you know, buy a business. You know, it's not that easy. It's not that simple. It's understanding the history of money, how it was developed, how it was used, how it can be used for fraud, how it can be used for good, how can you be used for bad, But more importantly, how it makes our not just our country run, but our entire economy, world economy functions. And it just hit me like that's why we have wars. That's why we have, you know, so we have disagreement. And it's been fascinating learning about more about money than I've ever had. And I'm still, you know, fascinated by it. And I'm more fascinating because I'm actually doing well, I'm actually making money. But it's exciting to find something like that that you've grasped and you understand and you just want to drive it home until God knows how great it could be. You Know. One thing I have learned is is the last six months, eight months maybe since I started, the market has just been booming. It's it's it's kind of hard to lose money in this market. But it has slowed down at the end of the at the end of the year, I think the December just slow down, the trading slowed down, the the money I'm making slow down. But here's a whole new year. There's a whole new you know, economic plan, and a whole new challenges with you know, different presidents, different fraudulent things going on in our country. All this ship that's just compounding how how it makes money makes our world go around. And I love it. I love it. So I'm that's kind of what I'm you know, excited about and I'm learning more about it. This year, I probably will dabble a little bit more into AI because I believe that's going to take our country and our in our world, our human kind to the next level. I just don't know exactly how. And we have robotics coming to our market within the next years. I mean, Elon's doing a great job with that, and there's other companies that are launching that. So it's very it's a very exciting place to be because I'm almost also seeing what's coming next, right, Yeah, And it's driven by money. Money makes things go round. The market is future forward looking, like when when you invest into a stock, it's because the value of the teachers, and it's like, how do I become a fortune teller?
Speaker 1: Well, you're in a good place, right, anticipation versus reaction, you know. I just told my daughters she's about to she's gonna enter a senior year, and I was like business administration and finance accounting, like know your accounting, Like knowing money is such an important piece of success, I think, and it is, and having a good relationship with money. You know, most people, unfortunately don't have a good relationship with money, and it's that scarcity versus abundance. And you know, for me at the end of twenty twenty four, I was a big difference between how I ended the year in twenty twenty four to how I ended in twenty twenty five. It is just and I was never like this, but bitterness creates this is the scarcity mindset of like you just get negative, Oh what if I lose everything? And you know what, screw this, I'm not gonna let all of this being taken away from me kind of deal, and you get in this again very scarcity mindset, which then sort of rob view of the opportunity to go bring abundance. And I think for me it was a big difference in twenty twenty five was all about abundance. Like I wasn't worried about losing money. I was thinking, we're gonna do very very well, and I wasn't trying to block thing. I wasn't trying to stop things from happening based on the fear of losing money. So I think when you have this fear of losing money or howarding everything because you think it's gonna get lost, just what happens you're gonna lose it, you know. And it's not about being reckless with your money either, but it's just this expectancy of, you know, I'm a money making machine. No matter what happens, I'm gonna figure it out, you know. And the more and more that you have a good relationship with money, the more and more it starts coming your way. And and one of the I guess one of the great things of hitting rock bottom is you're like, I can't get any worse than this, and that nothing really affects you, you know, there's really nothing that can really knock you down as hard as that knockout that you got that you never thought you were just going to happen.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Well, one of the things that I've learned in my old age, and I picked it up a long time ago, was when I was working with my dad's law firm, I was surrounded by other lawyers, you know, having conversations about life and then watching kind of what kind of lawyers they are, right, And this is not just specific to lawyers, but lawyers are the some of the scum bags out there, not all of them, but and that's I'll stand by that. But the point I'm trying to make is that there's going to be people out there that don't want to work, don't want to make a buck, you know, the right way, and they will go after the people that are successful. In other words, the more money you start making, the more successful you become. And especially if you become a public figure, whether you're a politician or you know, a successful entrepreneur like Elon Musk, for example, I can only imagine how many scumbag lawyers and scumbag people are just attacking him because he's a target. You know, he's he's you know, he's what the industry calls deep pockets. So it's just the world we live in. There's gonna be hyaenas. There's gonna be you know, scumbags out there that just want to take people down because they got nothing better to do. I literally had a conversation with an attorney that says, I just you know, draft a law, a law, A lawsuits and I throw it against the wall and sometimes the company still loves, Yeah, give me ten thousand dollars, I go away. What a scumbag, What a bottom theater, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's just a template too. It literally is a template it is, and it's like it takes them like two minutes to write.
Speaker 2: Send it off. It pisses me out. But the reality is is that we do live in a world where there's good people and bad people. And again it goes back to the beginning of our conversation. Everything's about balance. If we had all good people in this world, I don't know that it would be that exciting. You know. I think balance is key. And when you are driving yourself to be successful, healthy and live a prosperous life, you got to be ready for the ship the curve balls that come to you, because it's just the reality of life. We live in a world there's good people and bad people.
Speaker 1: Yep, we wouldn't know the good if there wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: Do you have any goals this year? Anything you want to accomplish that I lean to keep you accountable with.
Speaker 1: I think again going back to twenty twenty five, that I want to keep living is uh. I do feel like I lived a little more in twenty twenty five. You know, it's just I kind of went back to being that teenager again, not in a reckless way, but just in in just you know, making sure Sometimes if you stop having fun, you start becoming ungrateful. Yeah, And I think fun sometimes makes you grateful about life and just I'm all about experiences now. So I want to travel more, which is I think I did a good job of that. I want to travel more. I have a big goal of, you know, taking my dad to the World Cup in twenty I mean this year, spending a good thirty days with him and just traveling everywhere with them, so you know, hopefully he makes it and well not hopefully he will and we're gonna have a we're gonna have a blast. And again being there more for the kids as well. You know, one of the things that that I've gotten better at is just reading school emails and being more involved with their work and asking them questions about their school work. You know, that was something more that I was on Teddy. You know, I get all these emails coming from school, wouldn't even look at them. I'm like, Teddy, that's that's you. Yeah, And now I've been more involved in that end. So continuing that, continuing to make sure that I can give them everything I can so that they can continue their routine what they're used to, not seeing a drop off.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm sure that brings me. I'm sure that brings you closer together with your kids too, right, you know, because in my experience, it's not it's I'm not saying your Disneyland dad, but there's a lot of Disneyland dads that are out there just living their lives, doing whatever they do, and then they leave everything else, the responsibilities to the wife to handle, but they really don't know what's truly going on in their kids' lives. And the dads that and even the moms that spend that quality time just having a conversation with the kids and really getting to the feelings and understanding what's going on with the kids is so invaluable. And you know, I'm not saying you didn't do it before, but now that you are consciously aware of it and getting involved with the school emails and all that stuff, I'm sure you can get a better idea of what's going on in the kids heads, right yep.
Speaker 1: And it's you know, my dad taught me this, and then I heard from a mentor as well that you know, things aren't taught, they're caught. Again, things aren't taught, they're caught.
Speaker 2: And for me.
Speaker 1: Seeing my dad always take care of his mom. That was something I'd never forget and to this day, I am the way I am with my mom because I saw my dad always taking care of his mom first. His mom was first, and nobody could get in the way of messing with his mom, right, and then he took care of He's very responsible, took care of everyone. And for me now I'm at that place where I want my kids to see that that no matter what, you show up for your family. And I want them to see that, hey, you know what, Dad was always there. No matter what this could have happened, that could have happened, this guy still showed up. And I also want them to see, like, as they get older, you got to cut your mom with respect. You got to always be there for your mom. And because you only have one mom, yeah, you know that. That's a driver for me as well too, to be an example for them in that sense that no matter what happens, you show up.
Speaker 2: I think I think one of the biggest examples that you did with Teddy is you know, be there even though in spite of you know, the separation, you were able to show the kids that none of that matters. Right now, what matters is that you take care of mom no matter what's going on. So that's an awesome, awesome lesson and point of view. What other things have you have you shown the kids that you know, this is what you do when your mom is fighting cancer or you know, fighting for her life that you can share with our audience.
Speaker 1: Well, I think making sure that they have awareness about how mom is showing up right, you know, bringing out the depositive qualities like look, even though your mom's going through this, this and this, look at look at what she's doing. Like life's going to get hard sometimes you got to still continue to push forward.
Speaker 2: And do you have these conversations with all the kids or is it like different? I mean they're all different ages, right, my.
Speaker 1: Eleven year old, my thirteen year old, and my seventeen year old. For sure, the six year old she probably doesn't understand those kind of conversations just yet, but definitely with with with the kids. Yeah, like, hey, your energy levels low, like you need to we're gonna go as a mom, I need you to get your enthusiasm up, you know. Yeah, that's all I need to be because we need to get her enthusiasm going, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's aw So that is so good for you. Man. Yeah, well, man, I think you know. All I could do now is wish you an incredible twenty twenty six. Obviously we'll be talking on our next podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I love that you're into this the finance world now, man, that's an exciting industry to be in, and I think you're going to do very very well. And it's all about excitement. And I see how excited you are, and especially you know, what causes you to take action is your ability to think you can get a result. So, like you said, now that you're getting results, you want to take even more action towards it. So I think you're going to blow it up. So I can't wait to hear more about it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, brothers, appreciate that. All right, No, man, always up with you. I have a wonderful day, bro.
Speaker 1: All right, you too,