Speaker 1: The Sono's Move is the best portable speaker I have ever owned, and I am not just being a shill here. It's too good to be called a portable speaker. It chews up in spits out its competition. It is high quality. I use the Move as both a stationary speaker and all around my house, garage, in my outdoor space, and I've dropped the crap out of it. Regular portable speakers can't take kids like the Move. Not sure I should be saying this, but I dropped it down the stairs. Maybe I should be saying this. I'd be happy to get a second. Actually I don't need a second. Even Sono states don't worry about accidental drops or bumps. Moves components are protected by a hardwaring shock resistant case, and my system, with one I take around my place, is working very well. I use my Move as a stationary speaker a lot. It hangs out on the charging base. I love that I don't have to plug in a charging court. It has an eleven hour battery life, no joke. It works with all streaming services, the app or Airplay, Bluetooth, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant. I'm too lazy to be looking for new music, so I have really loved the SOS radio option. Some of my favorite stations are Rare Grooves, hip Hop Archive, or just keeping It Mainstream. If you're in the move, go to sos dot com to learn more and get your son's move Today.
Speaker 2: People ask me, don't you feel uncomfortable being with a name like the Notorious Big and why should I feel uncomfortable? We have a lot in common.
Speaker 3: Good morning, sweet girl, and welcome to the Now Dunks podcast on the Athletic Network.
Speaker 4: It's sad September nineteenth.
Speaker 5: I'm j E.
Speaker 3: Skeets and joining us live here as always. Tas Millis, Hey everybody, Hey, tasky, we got the beard one, Trey Kirby, Hey out hey who the international mena mystery taking it to the Max? Lee ellis friend, and last but not least, making the magic happen.
Speaker 4: JD. Hello, there he is and here we are.
Speaker 3: Shout out to everyone joining us live on YouTube this fine weekend. Much love to everybody listening or watching a little bit later in the day as well. Keep your questions and your comments coming for next week's Beach step In podcast. Email Theman No Dunks at the Athletic dot com or tweet them in at no dunk sync. We're actually we'll slip in a few questions into today's show because we got so many good ones tasks that we just can't We can't do fifty questions in a beach step in podcast and go eight hours long, so we'll sprinkle a few in to this Saturday show. Oh, by the way, who's who's got the lawn h blower?
Speaker 4: Going? Already here on a Saturday? Who is it show? Put your hand up? Who oh trick every winds? That's right, that's right over Saturday.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm recording in the basement now downstairs in the bedroom, so just ground level.
Speaker 4: It's perfect. We're gonna be seeing them testing out the lawnmower four.
Speaker 6: Point zero right back here, the finest technology in the game. They've moved from pubic hair to the lawn. They're really mowing out here. Oh my goodness, this literally blows.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to live at the same building Trey lives at. Those guys they like to blow around a leaf for two They just move it from one section to another, back again, back and forth all day long. Okay has forty four acres at his house and he gets done trimming his lawn faster than they get done here with all concrete.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: So I was done at six am. It took a nap before this show.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right, so we've got a like I said, we got a few beach stepping cues. We'll get to We got tweeted the night as always, but we'll start with Game one of the Western Conference Finals. The Lakers roll past the Nuggets in Game one, a deceiving final score. If you didn't watch this game, task it wasn't really.
Speaker 4: All that close.
Speaker 1: It was a huge blowout. Yeah, and it turned in the second quarter when from one perspective, you'll hear the Nuggets say, whoa, they had twenty four free throws. But from the Lakers perspective, they aren't the Clippers. They have an identity, Their bench knows what they're supposed to do. Four guys talk about the lawnmower four point zero. These guys blew it open. The four guys region Rondo markis Morris, Alex Caruso, and Dwight Howard. They come on and they know they don't have a lot of minutes. They get into a track meet. They turned the Nuggets over seven times in that second quarter, and that's where the game turned. And you know, the Lakers have been chopping at the bit ready to go. Rugion Rondo already has a haircut style change in the bubble. That's how much time he's had off just to chill. He's got two hairstyles already. But they know that they are not the Clippers. They just know what they're doing. There's a hierarchy, and that second unit was chomping at the bit, and really, you know, with the foul calls aside, the aggressors got the calls in this one. There are some bad ones against the Nuggets, but the Lakers were being so aggressive that they got some of those whistles, and really the game turned even before the big players for the Nuggets got in foul trouble and had to sit, and even when they sat, the bench actually held their own for the Denver Nuggets. Really, you can argue that the Nuggets would have made a bigger comeback if Jokic and Jamal Murray were on the floor. But at the same time, the Lakers topped the bottom. They schooled the Denver Nuggets there in the second quarter. They were the better unit, and again they look nothing like the Clippers because they know what they're doing. And a lot of the times we talk about the Lakers and who their third best player is, who's going to help out Lebron and Ad Well, it's actually hard to pick in this game because they had a lot of good ones across the board with ACP and Rondo we mentioned in Dwight Howard, So I don't think the foul calls had anything to do with it. The Lakers just stomped the Nuggets in this game. And they watched the Nuggets beat the Clippers and the Jazz, and they saw a team that couldn't well, that found their flow when the defense was soft. So in that second quarter, the Lakers unit was so tough and so physical and forced the restimate calls and they didn't allow Jokic and Murray and friends to get into a rhythm. And that's why this game was really a twenty point blow up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were a lot of fowls on Denver in the second quarterly sixteen. I believe it was switch tied the most by any team here this season. Murray and Jokic with three before the half. Did the Nuggets let Scota, Scott Foster take them out of the game a little bit, and then sort of the tough whistle there. You know, with the Lakers forcing the issue, did they get a little flustered with how they were being officiated or do you sort of I mean that could be also true with just the Lakers dominance.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 7: Well, I think there was two controversial calls that I thought and they were both whether they were a block or a charge on Lebron James, and they both got caught a block. And I actually don't mind that being called a block. I just want to see that called consistently now throughout the playoffs because that's the one of those calls where it's a bang bang play and there are multiple examples of where a guy it gets called for the offensive foul in that situation, but it didn't happen. And so that's the only real contentious point for me, is like, Okay, that's fine, if you're going to call it, then let's make sure that's the call for the entire series, for every player, not just for Lebron James. But the Lakers came out in this one after that first quarter, it was almost a bad first quarter for the Nuggets because the Lakers were like, all right, hey, these guys are for real. And then in that second quarter, they were just super aggressive, trying to do everything, trying to make sure that anytime Nikolae Yerkish got the ball down low as well, the Dwight Howard was trying to like smash the ball out of the court, you know, like Dwight Howard was super aggressive on the defensive end, trying to set a tone and trying to make himself relevant for this series because he didn't play against the Rockets, and Javal McGee started there against the Nuggets and Dua it was like, listen, this is a series that I can play in because athletically he can dominate Nikola jokicch So I just thought the Lakers, you know, I sort of alluded to this on yesterday's show. I think they didn't want to give the Nuggets any real life in this series at all from the start, and you saw that from every single player who was out there on the court, trying to make sure that they were sending a message that they're for real. The Lakers want to get this series over and done with it quick as possible, so overall, the Lakers outplayed Denver. Denver just didn't quite rise to the occasion when they did get in foul trouble in that second and third quarter, and then of course by the fourth quarter it was all over anyway, It didn't really matter. But the Nuggets from that first quarter have got plenty of things to be hopeful and optimistic about. They have to understand that the Lakers are not the Clippers, and the Lakers are certainly not the sort of team that can't counter punch as well as they did like in this one in the second and third quarter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did you think of Dwight Howard there?
Speaker 3: TK, I mean, he was pretty damn awesome, like cutting for Ali oops, back door, mixing it up with Jokich, You had the blocks for some steals and just drying fowls. I thought that was the worst foul call of the quarter, the one where Yokic and him were like tied up and suddenly Jokic got whistled on that. When I hear you on the bang bang blocker charge to where Lebron sort of barreling over guy, especially to the Jamal Murray went. But what do you think of you know, Dwight's performance pretty impressive after not playing, like Lee said, at all the last series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was ready and he had just an immense impact both from scoring rebounding. But like you're saying, Skeets, he drew five fouls in a quarter. That was pretty crazy and it definitely threw the Nuggets off their game, picking up a couple of cheap offensive fouls on Nikola Yokich and once he got that third, and then Murray eventually picked up his third, and then Paul Millsat picked up his third. You're like, uh, oh, this is a foul fest here. But I like Tessa saying the Lakers were the aggressor the entire night, which is why they were able to draw so many foul calls. And I thought that a lot of that was Dwight. He was throwing it back to nine. You know, the last time we saw the Lakers and the Nuggets in the Western Conference Finals, it was two thousand and nine. In between Dwight and Rondo, you could have convinced me that it was two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 6: They were awesome together, and it was just it was cool to see the Lakers making it a point to make Dwight feel wanted right, Like every time he would get mixed up with somebody on the offensive end or draw foul, it felt like the next time down they tried to get him an alley oop. And that's the way you keep a guy completely engaged in the game. Because he was having a huge impact after basically not playing during a playoff series. He comes out, has a great game won, and they just kept going to him and having him.
Speaker 4: Have an impact. I thought it was great.
Speaker 6: And now if you're the Nuggets, you gotta figure out a way to get Dwight Howard and JaVale McGee out of there so that Jokic can attack Ad. It's tough out there, man, Ad. How's this guy a top ten player in the league and All NBA first teamer and he's almost an X factor in this series because it's just a terrible matchup for the Nuggets. He's too tall and too quick for Paul Millsap and then he's just too quick period for Jokic. And when he's playing like he was last night, the Lakers are tough to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty seven points, ten boards for Ad task. We took us like ten minutes. Steven mention him here because he was having his way with all these guys. He scored on Jokic four for six, he scored on Millsap three for six, plumb lely when he got his chance, all right, two for three, you know, in less minutes. See, he lit them up. And that was always going to be an issue here in the series. I don't know really what the answer is for Denver to slow him down or stop them outside of him, just hoping he he misses his shots. But the guy's like six foot eleven, he's hitting step back baseline jumpers. I mean, it's going to be a long night, right.
Speaker 1: It was a quiet thirty seven. It's a lot quieter than that lawmore four point zero. I gotta say, there's.
Speaker 4: Not that much grass here. There's not. They just got to blow it around, man. They gotta blow around.
Speaker 3: They have a contract, right right. It's like, okay, well he's got this you know this building, these grounds to do. Well, how many hours we got ah, well you got like good four or five hours. Well we'll just blow around some leaves.
Speaker 4: Look busy. That's what they're doing out there.
Speaker 1: Get paid by the blow. That's the way it works out there. So they're chilling out there at a couple industries.
Speaker 4: That's how it works.
Speaker 1: Anthony Davis. It really they have no matchup. It's totally true. Paul Millsap, he's not only too small, but he's also a little agent's he's going to be a little too slow for a d even in his you know, he's way too old in his good years. Maybe he could stick in front of him. But Nicola Jokic also he's too slow. This is just a tough matchup. And yeah, we mentioned him here now, and I'm sure we'll mention him a little later on when Lebron was complaining that he didn't win m VP a little bit later on. You also have a guy in Anthony Davis who's going to be the leading scorer on this team, night in the night out until until Lebron has to turn it on. But this was a chill out game for Lebron James, really, he was just he was part of the sprint crew with the rest of the guys that were getting into the sprinting up and down the fast breaks, and they did a very good job of that. They knew what they wanted to do, turning the nuggets over. But really Yeah, you know, I don't know if Aid is going to have a bad game. Yeah, you're right, Like, is he just going to miss peer? I guess there's a chance of that, but that's when Lebron will have to turn it on offensively. The guy is just a stud. He is an absolute stud. And he's wearing that really really thick headband. Yeah, it guess seems like it gets thicker by the series.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: But you know, we've talked about them banning uh the karate Kid headband in the bat in the in the past. Uh. They're also letting go like uh, Dion Waiters d n P with a with an injury. He had shorts on like a casual towel shorts like a yeah, and he was out there on the floor basically like they're letting guys get out on the floor, almost come out from behind the that little barrier thing. And and there's no text, which is cool, just cool. It feels like an AAU tournament. No one's getting upset, no one's calling these dumb texts, some dumb fowls on the floor, but they're letting some stuff go.
Speaker 3: This game, this game felt to me like a big brother just bully and his young smaller brother, you know, his younger brother in a game of pickup like it had that vibe to me where Lebron barrels over Jamal and yeah it might be a charge, but you know.
Speaker 4: Lebron's the big Bro's a get up.
Speaker 3: You know, he's like yelling ann One at him. You had Dwight swatten things out of bounds like they were. You know, these are a lot of vets on this team. On this Lakers team, of course, you know, together not a lot of experience, but they've been in a lot a lot of series and the Nuggets this is fairly new for these guys going this deep. It just had that feeling to me lee. And that's not to say the Nuggets are done. Hey, the Nuggets got the Lakers right where they want them. All right, they're down now now we can play. But yeah, I I don't think they're gonna win this series.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest.
Speaker 3: I know they're the comeback kids, but the Lakers are not messing around here. If Paul George is saying, well, actually, this year was not a championship or bus This season, it's a championship or bus season for Lebron every single year. That's the problem for the Nuggets right now. He knows we're not gonna take you lately, and I got to get to the finals again from my tenth time and have him dragging into the ring.
Speaker 4: But so what did you think that?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I mean when you look at the Lakers whole bubble experience, you know, they didn't do that much during those resumption games because they didn't have a lot to play for, and then they sort of started off slow against the Blazers. The Blazers fought them pretty well, and then in their last series as well, the Lakers started off slow against the Rockets and then so on a cruise. But now that it's winning time, it's like, right now it's time to up the ante. And that that's what I thought the message was last night. It was like, we, you know, now it's the time to start playing everyone as well as we can. So we're playing well if they make the finals, which they certainly look like they're on their way to it. But again I saw enough, you know, positive signs there for the Denver Nuggets. And this is this is not not not like a foregone conclusion that it's a sweep or anything like that. I certainly the Lakers are favored, and I picked the Nuggets to win in six. It's not looking all that right now. But again, I just think, you know what, Michael Porter Junior missed a couple of wide open looks there yesterday. Jeremy Grant missed a couple of wide open looks as well, and they had that foul trouble. And still I thought the Nuggets that ben I think it was Trey who sort of as said that earlier.
Speaker 5: They did hold their own. They're a little bit.
Speaker 7: There to close out that that second half. It wasn't a complete like disaster for Denver in the terms that like, they played just badly and were completely outplayed in every aspect they had. If those shots go down of Michael Porter Jr. And they need him to shoot and score, if he can hit a couple of those, and if Jeremy Grant can hit a couple of those, they stay out of foul trouble and Yokicic can have his imprint, then I think the Nuggets are going to put themselves in a better position to keep the game closer. Anyway, So you know, one game certainly a bad one, for Denver in terms of the final result. But the series I don't think is just a complete whitewash from here.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, Yeah, your kitchen Murray were awesome in the first quarter. I mean they scored assisted on basically every bucket. And you're right, it had watching this game. What were the Lakers up at half eleven and it felt like they had just completely dominated the game, and you're like, eleven, that's it. Okay, Yeah, maybe the Nuggets were within striking distance and then you know, unfortunately for them, the Lakers blew that lead up to twenty and it was sort of over.
Speaker 4: But do you agree to lee here, like you know, okay, tough whistle.
Speaker 3: It's game one. Lakers are locked in. We got to figure out how to slow a d. But there's something here that you could see going, all right, they could make this still a series.
Speaker 1: I'm not that optimistic. The Nuggets bench and the Nuggets support guys. Yeah, they could hit a couple more shots, and they did a decent job at the end of the second quarter there. But I think it has to start with the big boys, with nikol Jokic having a good series, and I think one thing we underestimated. Now having watched the first game, I wonder how much of an impact he is going to have with his passing with all the big guys that they have on him, whether it's Javail or Dwight or Anthony Davis. He only had two assists in this game, even though you know he's that good that he can score it anyway, but at any time. But the passing lanes because they're not doubling number one and number two, because these dudes are big, he's not going to have the visibility I don't think to make all those passes. So if the Lakers are ready to play defense and stick with their guys that Jokic is going to pass to, I wonder how much yok is gonna have an impact passing the ball. And that's that's a huge factor for me. Yeah, So that's that's one thing I think we we sort of skipped out on it. And I don't know how much Dwight Howard is gonna have an impact going forward, but you know he's ready to play. I think this bubble obviously it tends to suit older dudes as well because they don't have to travel because you know, Rondo's legs are there, Dwight Howard's legs are that's all apparent. And there's a sense of urgency with this Lakers team that Dwight wants to get his first championship. Rondo and all these oldies they know what it takes to play in playoff ball here. They know that they have limited opportunities and they're they're taking advantage of it. And I just you know, up against these young ns, I feel like they have that advantage that they're just they've been the best team since the beginning of the season. So if you're going to get good minutes from complimentary players, yeah, you're you're done for For For me, if if the Lakers are going to go top to bottom like this, and I wonder if they start Dwight Howard in Game two, because they started him in the second half and that might limit his his contributions. You don't start Rondo because he's not going to play forty minutes. You can't get great contributions. And I think the same goes for Dwight. You're not gonna get great contributions for a full game. I wonder if that if he's a if he's a less effective player, if he starts the second game and plays against Jokic, who could who could solve him? Because he's that good. So that's that's one thing I'm looking forward to is do they start Javail again because he was fine in his minutes, even though you know it doesn't score any Yep, yeah, he's he's a hustler.
Speaker 3: But I think I think Voge will be crazy enough to at least go with that again in Game two for sure.
Speaker 6: Sure, same exact strategy, because if the Lakers play like this, this is going to be a short series. They won't play like this every single game, and I honestly don't think the Nuggets will either. They got smoked by the Clippers. Draymond was just trashing Jokic for his defense during halftime of that game, and then they were better, and I think there are a lot of places they can improve.
Speaker 4: Michael Porter Junior kind of think he should get more minutes.
Speaker 6: He'll get picked on, no doubt about it, but they just need somebody else out there who's very tall. I think that you know the fact that he's six' ten is gonna help he hits the glass and that could be. Huge just maybe make a three, pointer AND i think that the The nuggets need to do a better job of getting the getting some switches For, yokics, Right, like there are only a handful of times they would run the sort of pick and roll that would get him a touch With caruso guarding, him and then they would have a bat, cut but they couldn't finish because, then of Course Anthony davis is just. Lurking but whatever they can do to make it so that The lakers are worried About, jokic you, know like he's still gonna, Score he's still gonna make, plays scoring against big, guys but the team is at their best when he's able to draw a couple extra. Eyes so there are definitely. Improvements you, Know Markith morris almost got into it With paul millsap it didn't, Happen SO i don't know If paul's gonna maybe seek out a confrontation that would be another advantage for The. Nuggets BUT i don't think it's. Over but this was about as good as The lakers could. Play they looked, Incredible they looked so, Physical the defense looked great that you didn't even have to really worry about offense just because you knew they were gonna hold The nuggets a few enough points that The lakers had.
Speaker 3: Enough, yeah and The nuggets did not do themselves any favors by throwing the ball, away like like we talked, about not hitting shots that they've been known to. Hit, yeah this was a rough. Game, look if you're gonna lose game, one lose it in a. BLOWOUT i, Say, lee don't lose at the buzzer and lose it a blowoute embarrassed. Them you, Know Mike malone could be even more angry or inspire you even more for A game, two and we'll see what type of effort we get from The. Nuggets hopefully it'll be a lot closer, game because this Was it was a bit of a dud as we got into the second half and The lakers blew it home AND i was, like all, Right i'm checking out pretty hard.
Speaker 4: Here in this. One it was tough to stay.
Speaker 3: FOCUSED i was hoping for a for A morris millsap, something some sort of mix up to give it a little, blood because it was a little chippy there too in the first, half right when those you, Know nuggets frustrated with the. Whistle of, Course lakers bullying them a little. BIT i was, like, oh we might get some explosives, here and it didn't happen really in game, one but will, that you, know as the series goes, on will somebody have enough of A morris or something like? That and who knows maybe, yeah like Maybe Marcus morris will be playing in game two really For marquith because we don't we have no idea who truly knows those identical twins what they're up to in the.
Speaker 4: Bubble so we'll.
Speaker 3: See anything else from this. One, unfortunately not a ton to really break. Down, yeah just a Great lakers, performance Bad nuggets. Performance you throw that one out if You're denver and you move ahead to game.
Speaker 1: Two let me just throw this in. Here lebron Calls rondo dough.
Speaker 4: De, yeah female.
Speaker 1: Deer that's a weird. NICKNAME i find his name Is. Rondo he just throws out a Dough.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you, know you, Know Fred katz's dad thought his name Was ron.
Speaker 4: Do, right right? Right maybe lebrondoes To.
Speaker 1: Fred katz is.
Speaker 7: Dead but, Hey Freddy, KATZ i think he was At vardo for THE nba. Wounds maybe we should, uh maybe you should say way He's.
Speaker 1: Fred katz's, dad the The Fred Matt katz actual name Met did you guys notice that that the tnt score at the bottom of the. Screen every time the camera went back and forth bucket to, bucket The lakers logo appeared within The the logos that are on the floor appeared within the. Score, strange you know how a lot of a lot of times guys faces are being sort of smudged or merged with the logos on the floor because the virtual virtuals it was happening with THE tntz crazy stuff. Sports MAYBE i was seeing it more BECAUSE i was watching it on a phone and it was like right up in my.
Speaker 4: Grill oh, wow why reality has very? Close why were you on the phone last?
Speaker 1: Night? Uh, well you KNOW i was in Bad.
Speaker 4: Oh nine o'clock start got you there on? An't? Yeah, okay fair, enough all, Right well let's take a quick break here to pay the.
Speaker 7: Bills sure was nice seeing the teams back out on the grid iron over the. Weekend, anyone how do My eagles?
Speaker 5: Go anyone know The.
Speaker 4: Eagles flew too? High?
Speaker 5: Man, OH i have no. Idea, Okay, well lucky for, us that was just week.
Speaker 7: One there is no better place to get in on all of the action than With, DraftKings the leader in one day fantasy. Sports to add to this week's, Excitement DraftKings has millions of dollars in prizes up for. Grabs you haven't Tried DraftKings, yet enter the app store now because you don't want to miss this. Draft your lineup now and feel the sweat like never, before like a task malice just before our. Show, sweaty, sweaty. Sweaty every run passing catch means. More with, drafts it's. Simple just pick your, lineup stay under the salary, cap and see how your team stacks up against the. Competition nothing adds to the excitement of watching a game quite like having a shot at millions dollars in. Prizes that is. TRUE i, mean if you've got some money writing on, it you're into the game a whole. Lot you're turning on your players pretty, quickly but then you're also cheerleading for them as. Well when they do something.
Speaker 5: Good that, happens it.
Speaker 7: Happens DraftKings has paid out billions of dollars to winners since twenty, twelve so they know a thing or two about cold. Heart download The DraftKings app now and use code run for a limit of. Time new users can get a free shot at millions of dollars in prizes this. Week don't miss out on the week to. Action enter code run to get a free shot at millions of dollars of prizes with your first. Deposit that's code run r U n only At. DraftKings make it. Rain minimum five dollars deposit. Required eligibility restrictions are. Play See DraftKings dot com for. Details And.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 4: Eagles hey you guys here sports are. Back yeah we love.
Speaker 6: Them go With, Hawks, Basketball, baseball share footballly huge, fan have one free race On, Sunday soccer sometimes of off every once in a, While, Tennis, nah cricket only The, sikos but with all those sports a Sporting sometimes you don't want to leave the, couch even if it is to go to the kitchen to cook something.
Speaker 4: Up and that's why you got a halla at Door.
Speaker 6: Dash DoorDash is the app that brings you food you're craving right, now right to your. Door ordering is. Easy you open the Door dash, app choose what you want to. Eat your food will be left safely outside your door with the new contact list delivery drop off setting with over three hundred thousand partners in THE, Us Puerto, Rico canada And. Australia you can choose from your favorite national restaurants Like, Chipotle, wendy's and The Cheese Cake, factory or support your local go tos by selecting your favorite local restaurant that's open for delivery and waiting for food that will.
Speaker 4: Be left at your.
Speaker 6: Door because Door dash, deliveries LIKE i, said they're contact lists to keep communities they operate in.
Speaker 4: Safe right, now No.
Speaker 6: Dunks listeners can get five bucks off and zero delivery fees on their first order of fifteen dollars or more when you download the Door dash app and enter code no. Dunks that's five finn dogs off yours and zero delivery fees on that first. Order when you download the Door dash app and the app store and enter code no, dunks don't, forget that's code no dunks for five dollars off your first order with Door.
Speaker 4: Dash, okay time for a little Beach t's a little beach.
Speaker 3: STEP i love that little intro because for a, second it makes it look like those feet you see early on are the woman's. Feet walking there in the, beach very very. Strange, okay so we got a few, here a couple. Questions first, One, Hey Flow, Monks, well listening to your podcast On, THURSDAY i heard there was some confusion regarding the name Of Jimmy Butler's Big face coffee, brand AND i wanted to clear things. UP i believe the Big face is in reference to a big watch face that you would see on a luxury. Wristwatch this aligns with his twenty dollars a cup price, model Making jimmy's brew one of the finer things in, life just like a big.
Speaker 4: Face.
Speaker 3: ROLEX i learned this from the lyrics of JAY z And kanye's hit Song otis from their Acclaimed watch The throne. Album, okay my question is have you ever learned something from song lyrics that you had really no business?
Speaker 4: Knowing?
Speaker 3: Otherwise John, Boat stonecutters Aj soprano turn. Up that's From blake In. Kitchener, so, yeah we were trying to figure out was That thursday's? PODCAST i thought it Was friday's. PODCAST i can't keep track. Anymore we were talking about The face. Coffee, Yeah, friday, right?
Speaker 4: Weird what's going on?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 3: Blake BUT i guess that's what it maybe stands. FOR i, mean we were trying to figure it. Out Rude dog told us something. Different Rude dog's that it was like a big face, hundred which fair. Enough but it's been a while since they have redesigned one hundred dollars bill saying for the twenty dollars, bill which is What Jimmy butler is. Charging, nonetheless big face, bills big face role.
Speaker 4: Acts we Know Dave.
Speaker 6: Grisham loves a gigantic. Watch big face just means. Luxury i'm willing to say it means luxury if you, Okay and twenty dollars for a cup of.
Speaker 4: Coffee this is premium.
Speaker 3: Stuff, okay so we're sort of, basically we're all probably. Right so that's a big face means the finer.
Speaker 6: Thing baller, style ball, Style baller style coffee also a good name for a coffee, shopping very very.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Okay so let's answer the question here, though have you ever learned something from song lyrics that you either didn't or had no business?
Speaker 6: KNOWING i learned a lot Of california cities From Doctor dre And Tupac California love because there's that end part where Doctor dre is just like listing cities that are Near Los, Angeles, Pasadena, pasadena where you? At, YEAH i don't, know but it's In la somewhere Ingle, Wood inglewood always no. Good, okay, sure, yeah that's like you, KNOW i was probably twelve years old just learning about the various locales In. California so that's that's always been a big one to. Me i'll always wonder Where pasadena is.
Speaker 4: At oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah similar to that is ludicrous. CODES i need, three, one, two, yeah. THREE i mean it's actually quite helpful learning some of the letting you know where he's talking about what the area code.
Speaker 4: Is, okay that's an interesting. One league anything yeah.
Speaker 7: Mine SIMILAR i Realized yay was From chicago when he collaborated there With Chris martin On.
Speaker 5: HOMECOMING i met this.
Speaker 7: Girl WHEN i was three years, old and MIGHT i love? Most she had so much. Soul she, said excuse, me a little. HOMIE i know you don't know, me but my name Is Wendy. IN i like to blow, trees and from that POINT i never blow her. Off friends came from out of. TOWN i like to show her.
Speaker 5: Up they like to. Actor she liked to tell them, off make them straightened up the hat and and they know their stuff something like.
Speaker 4: That, anyway is that after do them?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 1: Lily?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Man, yeah you know a lot Of, YEAH i mean, yeah. Yeah he's a bit of a controversial. GUY i don't like all the things that he, does but his music is pretty.
Speaker 5: CATCHY i have to say.
Speaker 4: The music, industry, Right. Okay so you didn't know, though that he was From. Chicago he's.
Speaker 7: Not, NO i just assumed he's FROM LA i, mean you, know because that's where they become famous out IN. La so you're, like, well you must be FROM i didn't Know beyonce was From. HOUSTON i think she's From.
Speaker 4: Houston.
Speaker 5: BUT i can't remember WHY i found that.
Speaker 4: Out, Anyway where's Where's Lady gaga?
Speaker 1: From she's From New.
Speaker 5: York that's his wife knows. Her she went to school with, her didn't.
Speaker 1: She, yeah she spent a year on the same dorm. Floor.
Speaker 4: Again, yeah that's.
Speaker 7: Incredible, YEAH i Remember danny, saying Didn't she used to just like start singing in the middle of the night that people are, like people are banging on the, door.
Speaker 4: Knock it, off will?
Speaker 7: You and she would just be belting Out.
Speaker 1: Junes, yeah she was what's her what's her actual.
Speaker 7: Name Stephanie? German NOTA i think it.
Speaker 1: Is, yeah that's who she was back. Then why are.
Speaker 4: You singing in the middle of Yeah stephanie? Again for?
Speaker 3: ME i guess it's A i don't. KNOW i Think i'm answering this question. Correctly But eminem's stand right. HERE i guess he created their, words meaning an over zealous like fan of a. Celebrity but then there's the whole like portmanteau Of. STAN i remember WHEN i found this, PART i was, like, oh stalker and Fan stan jammed. Together, YEAH i, MEAN i think he created.
Speaker 7: IT i think he's given the POPULARIZED i.
Speaker 4: Think straight up created.
Speaker 5: IT i swear To.
Speaker 3: God The oxford DEFINITION i think is given credit To eminem for For, stan WHICH i mean obviously a ton of people use now though it's changed right because when he's using it like the guy's a, PSYCHO i, mean he's, like, yeah kills his family in that, song, Right stan does.
Speaker 4: To like Get eminem's, attention then he killed, HIMSELF i.
Speaker 3: Think but then stand nowadays is more just like you're still over. ZEALOUS i, guess like you stand for someone Or i'm a stand for You knowle's A Kanye, stan but it's more in a in a good. Way i'm more of a positive. LIGHT i, guess not as crazy or maybe you, ARE i don't.
Speaker 5: Know definitely not a stand yeah in that.
Speaker 4: Sense, yeah but you only call him yeah.
Speaker 7: Exclusively, YEAH i MEAN i think we're at that level of a.
Speaker 5: Relationship it's, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: You're good with him until he stood to pee on that the award. Trophy he's got to do the leap otherwise you got to be a.
Speaker 5: Man the big maggahead as.
Speaker 7: WELL i mean it's, like, yeah, yeah, easy let's go.
Speaker 4: Easy this guy's got bars the track. Jas you got to answer this.
Speaker 1: One oh, yes, yes YES i. Do i'm so.
Speaker 3: Glad you What bernick And lady's lyrics in, bed just Like Brian wilson.
Speaker 4: DID i had no. Idea Brian. WILSON i thought he stood up When, hey.
Speaker 1: Enough with the BN L slater on this. Program, listen old BN. L you can't mess with. Them the, new the new stuff like. Allergies they teach kids about. Allergies how about? That how about? That, yeah they've got a kid's. Album they teach kids about. ALLERGIES i learned about allergies from.
Speaker 4: With these horrible allergies.
Speaker 1: Again you know you know you Love Brian. Wilson that's.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah ACTUALLY i learned From John mayer how to be a hashtag girl dad from a song Called. Daughters so, fathers be good to your. Daughters daughters will love like you. Do girls become lovers who turn into. Mothers so mothers be good to your daughters. Too, God god's Thanks.
Speaker 4: JOHN i don't you were you were putting in.
Speaker 1: It's it's got the. Allergies, yeah so, yeah well you got a forty four acre yard all the grass trimmings in the, area, right that's. Yeah it's a lot funnier when you sing that, Song, Lee do you know that? Song which?
Speaker 5: One which? One say it?
Speaker 1: Again daughters By john Mayor.
Speaker 5: NO i don't know that.
Speaker 7: One don't know that. One the thing is when you talk about THE b and, l's my FAVORITE b AND l song is, UH i can't remember it?
Speaker 4: Now great, song very memorable from all the.
Speaker 5: Time which one which?
Speaker 1: One? No? No? NO a year two? Thousand they're past their. PRIME i gotta be, honest are you thinking chick of The? Chinese The?
Speaker 7: Chinese, No, No, no, no let, me let me find.
Speaker 4: It let me that one's got some good education in it. Too Birchmont, stadium home of The robbie or? What, yeah, right don't The dolphins play?
Speaker 6: THERE i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah no, Idea, yeah no.
Speaker 4: Idea J.
Speaker 3: D if you're still, there do you have an answer for? THIS i mean you're the music man of the.
Speaker 8: Group oh, sure you. KNOW i learned all About russia's greatest love machine From bony m resputing the. SONG i love that song as a, kid played it over and over, again loved it to the to the point where WHEN i was in, university sitting in history learning about The Russian, revolution just waiting for rescuting to be, Mentioned it's, like here it, comes, here it, comes tell me About russ's greatest love to see it here he, comes, here he comes recute.
Speaker 1: Ta so, YEAH i love that.
Speaker 7: Song that's the only part of the song THAT i. Know but oh, man we used to built that out that.
Speaker 1: Point that is a.
Speaker 8: Banger, YEAH i, Honestly i'm not even. Kidding that song made me love. History it really.
Speaker 1: Did it really really.
Speaker 4: Did, incredible, Right, well what about what About Billy? Joel we didn't start the.
Speaker 1: WAR i hate that.
Speaker 4: Song, well that's the one that made me hate. History that's that's like that.
Speaker 5: One oh my.
Speaker 8: God, yeah there's a lot of info in, it that's all it.
Speaker 4: Is it's just it's not even a.
Speaker 8: Song It's i'm Just i'm angry about that song because It's Billy.
Speaker 4: JOEL i Love Billy.
Speaker 8: Joel and then this honk of garbage and it's his most popular song of. Course, Anyway, sorry.
Speaker 4: Did you find your?
Speaker 6: Song?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah pinch, me pinch, me remember that's, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Give, me give me a little bit, either give me a little bit of, uh, OKAY i.
Speaker 2: Can, say Because i'm the.
Speaker 7: Sleep then he, GOES.
Speaker 4: I GOT i. CAN'T i.
Speaker 7: CAN'T i gotta listen to, it and THEN i can GIVE i haven't ready for tomorrow full.
Speaker 4: Performance i'm holding you to. That you're gonna the Entire Prince ladies.
Speaker 7: Got twenty four hours to get ready, there, MAN i don't.
Speaker 4: Even know what song you're talking. About there is this.
Speaker 7: Old well it's from the year two, thousand BECAUSE i remember it because WHEN i.
Speaker 3: Listened one week, fame it's been one week probably the same, RECORD i would, OKAY i THINK i think it was later that because, anyway it was.
Speaker 7: Big WHEN i first came To, canada that was the first real big one THAT i, heard AND i was, like, oh this is.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 7: Now i'd heard of the band Like ladies they made it To, australia but this was like a, real real big banger for.
Speaker 1: Me so what about The Old. Apartment that must have been the time when you got our fine country Of. Canada welcome to The Old. Apartment, yeah you.
Speaker 7: KNOW i saw them In london actually at The Hammersmith. Apolo it was one of the best shows To it was Great bacon.
Speaker 4: And you've seen every artist ever. Performed i'm.
Speaker 8: Convinced, yeah send me that picture of you in front Of. HAMMERSMITH i can get it.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 7: YEAH i think that's a. Problem this was before we had like cell phones. Everywhere you, know you have to take your, big clunky old camera out if you wanted to take a, photo and.
Speaker 1: Come, on you had to ruin those pockets to carry a. Camera.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you, KNOW i had My Canon, digital but it was like you had the little memory stick that had like one hundred Photos max on it and you'd fill that up so, quickly and then you had to go to The kodak shop to download, it to put it onto a. Disc then you could only erase those photos and yeah it WAS i.
Speaker 4: Mean only only if you had a million.
Speaker 7: Dollars, ah what a, Time what a. Time this was twenty years, Ago like, wow it feels like it was about a thousand years ago when you sort of describe things like, that like there's A kodak shop down on.
Speaker 5: Well it's On.
Speaker 7: PUNTS i think it's On punts dealer on here in In. Atlanta it looks, like, yeah it looks like it's been out of business for like fifty.
Speaker 3: Years but that IS i don't think that's an abandon building on an actual.
Speaker 4: Code on the, SHOW i know you're talking. About, yeah you're talking.
Speaker 1: About all, right next. Question here we. Go unless you guys have anything to add, There, no, okay what's? Good no. Dunks seeing The bucks go out this year with yet another flawed playoff performance from the not so Effective Eric Bled show proved to me just how tight a championship window can. Be in my, opinion signing his extension and Letting Malcolm brognan walk may have prevented what could have been a title In. Milwaukee it reminded me of when The rockets Let Trevor ariza. Go he was the heart and soul That houston, team not to mention his versatility on both sides of the, ball which may have made the difference when they're up three to two against The warriors in twenty. Eighteen can you guys think of any other instances a less substantial player was let go or traded away from a championship worthy squad which could have been a POTENTIAL x. Factor been a big fan since my old apartment by the Bar Naked, Ladies i've been a big fan since twenty. Thirteen thank you for welcoming me into the beautiful GAME i now love so. Much that's From jay stuw In london who was at THAT bnl. Concert ps it still Beans boston in seven. Seven all, Right i'll get it started. Here it's A i'm gonna cheat because it's. Not it's not a less substantial player because this guy has now won AN. Mvp but back then with THE Okc, Thunder James harden was coming off the. Bench they go to the, finals AND i know it's been said and, done it's all been. Said but but the more you look back At James harden being traded right after they go to the. Finals it's astonishing that those three, dudes And katie And Russell westbrook along With, surge what they could have done the four of them. Together SO i assume that that's championship in the next couple of years If James harden is. THERE i Know James harden doesn't grow into the player that he is. Today if he's playing Behind katie And russ doesn't. Matter those three, Guys, yeah they'd be good enough In Sam. Presti as much as we love the man and what he's done with The Okac thunder the last few, YEARS i don't know if it'll ever equate to what happened. THERE i, mean, it's you, know two different. Things but that's.
Speaker 7: Something, yeah that was the contract dispute though. Too it wasn't like. Ownership weren't prepared to go into the luxury.
Speaker 3: Texts it was a big serge Of baca Or James harden, dilemma, right that was. Y, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Money so, yeah we can TELL i shouldn't put it all On Sam. Presty it's definitely ownership With, okay, see, OKAY i take that.
Speaker 4: BACK i take That, okay so what do you got?
Speaker 6: Trade you got an answer for, this, WELL i had a couple of whack, answers to be, honestly you, know fits in with the weed. Whackers i'm, thinking, like you, know When Chris paul signed his, deal he signed with The clippers to be traded to The, rockets and then he got hurt For game seven against The, warriors and it's, like it would have been nice if they Had Montrez harrell And Lou williams And Patrick beverly still, around you, know if they would have been able to just Sign Chris paul rather than do the sign and trade because he wanted to hook The clippers up a little. Bit the same sort of thing happened With mellow when he was traded to The. Knicks could have just waited until the, summer then you would have still had supporting pieces Like Ray felton And Wilson chandler. Around but the Best Sugg Justin i've seen has actually come from just a nonsense number in the YouTube chat who was saying The Dallas mavericks choosing not to re Sign Tyson chandler after they won the, championship they were AN ok. Team the next year was the lockout. Season they went thirty six and thirty did make it to the, playoffs they lost in the first, round and it was kind of like it really felt Like Mark cuban was just deciding not to defend the title because he was worried about luxury techs repeating stuff coming eventually down the. Line so, yeah, basically when your favorite team lets a player go who would be instrumental to their chances of winning the, title it's usually cars of.
Speaker 1: Money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah has he regretting.
Speaker 3: THAT i know he's regretted The Steven ash, decision BUT i think he has, said you, know de deserved to bring the band back together and see if you can defend defend the, title which you.
Speaker 4: Should you should always get a. Chance, okay that's that's a good.
Speaker 7: One you Gotta chandler was my answer there, too BECAUSE i think he went on to become An All star And Defensive player of The year after he Left, dallas so he showed he was still good. Enough it wasn't as THOUGH i had anything to do with his. Age and, yeah The mavericks desperately needed his defensive presence there when they were, defending and without him they were, Lost so, yeah that was a big blow and that that kind OF i think as, well you, know when You're, dirk it's, like, well we won the, championship and then their ownership was kind of, like all, right we've won our. Championship now we're trying to make sure we don't have to pay extra money for maybe not winning. It AND i think that was the bad mistake because they never really recovered Until luca came.
Speaker 1: Along.
Speaker 7: DALLAS i know they made the playoffs a couple of, times BUT i don't think they want a series after that until this.
Speaker 3: SEASON i don't really have a good answer for, this BUT i wanted to go to the email. Test do you believe What stu said From? London, like are The bucks still playing right now If Malcolm brogden is there instead Of Eric? Blodsoe are The bucks chances winning a title you know happening in a twenty twenty bubble here with him if they, made you, know the decision to keep him or even just in the mix, too because they could have obviously if ownership also wanted to pony up some. Money what do you think about? That CAUSE i don't really HOW i feel about. That that take on.
Speaker 1: That so a lot Of Malcolm brogden stands out there AND i am sort OF i am in that, camp and THAT i believe that he has got more to offer than he's shown in THE, nba even he's shown a decent amount And rookie of The year and all, that but as far as playoff performances, GO i think there's a tiny other level AND i don't think it's an accurate statement to make only because of the Way Mike budenholzer. COACHES i don't think the Brog dog would have had enough opportunity with The bucks and the way they focus everything On yannis And Chris milton kind of got, free let loose from those shackles When giannis went out and you saw that in the second round with The Miami. Heat but it took an injury to allow another guy to make things. Happen SO i think that that's a problem when you evaluate The bucks like, that and that's something that's going to be really interesting going forward and Hearing giannis and his statements after going home from the bubble commenting, that, Yeah i'm A buck for, life but they know that they've got to, essentially you, Know i'm summarizing, here they've they've got to do some things to make us a championship. Team and he hasn't said anything about the, coach BUT i would think that that's part of. IT i don't think you get the most out of Even Chris middleton Or Malcolm brognen with with the Way bud. Coaches BUT i wanted to say this about the email BECAUSE i fact checked just. Now Trevor reza was there for the twenty eighteen series where they lost to The warriors after being up three, too so he Didn't he didn't make a difference in that. One he was gone for the next, year last, year which was you, know the four to two went from The warriors AFTER kd went down and they still couldn't. Win but, Yeah resa couldn't do. It resa couldn't do it that year. Either SO i think sometimes we it's more about the team than it is about some of these particular, guys and The rockets just couldn't get it done in The bucks just couldn't get it. Done.
Speaker 4: Well we appreciate the, questions, nonetheless even if we should have fact checked it.
Speaker 3: Before we keeping coming no dunks at The athletic Dot com tweet them in at no dunk. Sink we got to take one more quick break, here, guys let me ask you this. Though is your student loan payment too? High is my puppy?
Speaker 4: Cute?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Duh while refinancing With ernest could help you lower your monthly, payment checking your new rate is fast and easy to.
Speaker 4: Start complete a few questions.
Speaker 3: Online it only takes two, minutes and then you'll get a personalized rate estimate without affecting your credit.
Speaker 4: Score that's. Key even money MELLIS i bet agrees with that right.
Speaker 1: There. Tasks oh, yeah that's how you do. It them Being earnest as.
Speaker 3: Well Nice, plus the internet Loves earnest customer. Service they've rated nine point four.
Speaker 4: Out of ten on Trust. Pilot those are like no dunks type of numbers, there so good.
Speaker 3: Stuff and now you can get a one hundred dollars cash bonus when you refinance a student loan With ernest dot com slash no. Dunks once, again you get one hundred dollars cash bonus when you refire your student loan At ernest dot com slash no. Dunks this is not available in all, states but Visit earnest dot com Slash No dunks for more.
Speaker 4: Details terms and conditions. Apply this is a fun part of this.
Speaker 3: Ad Read Earnest student loan refinance loans are made By Earnest OPERATIONS. LLC nmls number one TWO o four nine one Seven California Financing Law license number six oh five four seven eight eight three oh Three Second, Street suite four oh One, North San, Francisco, california nine four one zero. Seven DID i just say every possible letter and number in that?
Speaker 4: SENTENCE i BELIEVE i.
Speaker 3: Did Visit earnest dot com licenses for a full list of licensed.
Speaker 1: States, Hi I'm tasmelos From No dunks on The. Athletic as the great Philosopher brian of The Backstreet boise once, said ebrabad, yeah hydrate jo bad yeah yebrabad ha dre sho bady right hydrations?
Speaker 2: Back all?
Speaker 1: Right we all know we have to stay. Hydrated i've used an, app a big water, bottle posted notes and proper hydration is extremely important right. Now it can really help your immune. System believe it or, not dehydration occurs daily in three out of four. People with LIQUID, iv you have the fastest most efficient way to stay. Hydrated each serving helps you get as much hydration as two to three bottles of. WATER i like Using LIQUID iv WHEN i hit that afternoon. Lull instead of grabbing a, COFFEE i grab one stick of the lemon, lime put it in my, water AND i get the energy BOOST i need without dehydrating my body and getting dry. Mouth it's win win because it contains five essential, vitamins more VITAMIN c than an, orange and as much potassium as a. Banana, oh my Mate leley would love. It it's healthier than sugary sports, drinks with no artificial flavors or preservatives and less sugar than an. Apple LIQUID iv is available nationwide At costco And. Target or you can get twenty five percent off when you go to liquidiv dot com and use code athletic at. Checkout that's twenty five percent off anything you order when you use promo code athletic at liquidiv dot. Com get better hydration today at liquid iv dot com promo code. Athletic time for tweet of the Night tweet out the. Night. Wow, well When lebron, speaks we all must, listen so he spoke in his postgame press conference after the win against The Denver. Nuggets also coming After jannistetompo being awarded The Most Valuable player for the second year in a, row and he tweeted initially before the press, conference sixteen out of one hundred and one, Votes, okay, COOL i got, y'all Bro, cool Feisty. Brown the man wants some. Votes. Listen we talked About jannis winning it, yesterday very. Briefly that was On Friday, show, RIGHT i know they all blur, TOGETHER i think. So, Yeah so we talked about it very. Briefly we all, said we don't want to talk about, this we don't want to go into great. Detail but when The king, speaks we got to talk about.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately so after the, game this Is Ben golliver doing a little transcribing FOR Us Lakers Lebron james with a long riff On awards voting after finishing second for twenty TWENTY. Mvp the voting skill is a little weird to. ME i don't know how much really we're watching the game of, basketball or it's the. NARRATIVE i would say the narrative Helped Lebron james this way.
Speaker 4: Exactly this is Where lebron is, wrong help.
Speaker 1: Them get those limited. Amounts, now just look at the, season, like we can talk about awards and all, that but the season Was yannis's. Season that is that? Correct AM i? Correct and saying that the fact That lebron has the ability to go to the postgame press conference here While jannis is at home gives him all the power in the world to say whatever he wants it and gives his his his argument here a bunch more legitimacy that's not really legitimate at. All it just it, adds obviously some fuel to his argument Because janis ain't there And jannis hasn't won in the, past so we're sitting here in the playoffs When lebron is obviously sitting on three. Titles it's it's almost, like, yeah you can get into an argument about who's the best player, now but it's a regular season. Award and the narrative definitely did help. Him and you WATCH i Mentioned Anthony davis score thirty. Seven he doesn't have to be What janis is every night because he's got AN mvp candidate right beside, Him, Well jannis. Doesn't lebron used to Be.
Speaker 4: Yannis this is the hilarious.
Speaker 3: Part he was a back to BACK mvp winner on the best regular season team that flamed out in the playoffs way too.
Speaker 1: Early that Was.
Speaker 3: Lebron he was doing. That that's What jannis is. Doing it's, OKAY i Love lebron pissed.
Speaker 4: Off it's.
Speaker 3: Hilarious it always. Is but the narrative part that he starts, Adding, no the narrative helped, you my, man and that's. Fine people sometimes sort of focus on that with THEIR. Mvp it's a part of. It But jiannis was the best player statistically on the best, team you, know win loss. WISE i, mean it's like sort of a no brainer that he won. IT i just want to, Know Like lebron's pointing out the sixteen first place, votes what would have pleased, him what's the number out of the one hundred and one that he would have, Been, like, okay that's, fair you, know sixty one to forty feels. Right congratulations to me, On, Like i'm just fascinated by. That like it feels like he just thinks that was too, LOW i, guess and that he didn't get enough first place. Votes Maybe i'm reaching, here but, YEAH i love, this and we got to point Out lebron said all, this like he's pissed. Off those are the headlines about THE mvp come and runner. Up but then at the end of it, ALL i watched the whole, clip you, Know he's, like, LOOK i ain't.
Speaker 4: Mad i'm not really that. Mad i'm gonna go. Back we're In game one of The Western Conference. Finals we just. Won i'm gonna go have some.
Speaker 3: Wine i'm gonna, Sleep, okay Everybody rea basically, like everybody. RELAX i KNOW i just said WHAT i, said but everybody just. Relax so he just he's just pointing, out, like, Hey I'M i am the best player in the, league AND i know. IT i think a lot of you still know. It but THE mvp sort of does mean something else is what we're at, here and.
Speaker 4: So, honestly to, me That's lebron's.
Speaker 6: Fault that's one hundred Percent lebron's fault that despite the fact that most people would agree he's the best player in the, league maybe you would argue it Was Kawhi leonard before this. Playoffs he doesn't care about the regular season as much as he cares about the. Playoffs twenty years, ago you were trying to win every regular season. Game so the best player in the league often took home THE. Mvp even then it didn't happen a. Lot SO i don't know of. ANYTHING i just feel bad for The nuggets that this is happening during their, series, right because this is The Michael jordan's stuff where you just find a slight that's not really a, slight Like. Lebron if this was one hundred percent about, narrative a guy in his seventeenth season leading the league in assists for the first time in his, career you would have won unanimously if it was one hundred percent. Narrative so he's just finding something to be mad. About he was bringing up twenty twelve how he could have Won Defensive player of The year AND mvp the same. Season he was bringing Up Mark Gasol's Defensive player of The year, Vote DeVante.
Speaker 4: Graham this guy was.
Speaker 6: Ready it became personal To, lebron and unfortunately for The nuggets it's against them this. Series it's not dissimilar to me To David, Robinson Hiquim. Elijahwan you, Know david getting THE mvp rate before the game and Then elijah one just going out there and destroying. Him the difference is, that uh, oh now you're playing against The.
Speaker 4: Nuggets now you have to deal With. Lebron that.
Speaker 7: Sucks, yeah, yeah what do you, Think, Len, YEAH i think a lot of the noise About lebron BEING mvp just came out Of Los angeles an understandably, SO i, mean they're around him all the time and the. Season this season was a bit of a crazy, one of, course with everything that went, on but there was no real question that collectively across the entire basketball world That yannis was not THE mvp this. Year he was by far THE. Mvp he was incredible all season long on both ends of the, floor had his team in a strong, position and he was just doing absolutely. Everything So, lebron we don't need to say how Great lebron. Is we all know how great he, was he is and, What but he was not THE mvp this. Season that Was yannis by a long. Way AND i think everything else you guys are saying is right that the narrative was actually helping Out lebron this. Season but he also should not from in the. Past you, know he should have been A NANIM'S mvp one time and he wasn't because sometimes that's the way the voting. Goes someone throws out a crazy, vote AND i think this year there was sixteen of those votes that ultimately people were, LIKE i Think lebron has been the best, player but clearly the rest of the basketball world Saw yannis and what he did for the entire. Season, lebron, remember he had his best run from around sort of Mid january till the sort of season shut. Down prior to, that he was, good but he certainly wasn't. Great he wasn't really in the conversation FOR mvp up until that. Point SO i Think lebron's. Upset he's won four four, times he's been the runner UP mvp four, times he's won, it AND i think he's just, LIKE i want to be six and two, minimum you, know and he should have. Been you, know we had that show, earlier that earlier WHERE i THINK i Gave lebron eleven should have BEEN. MVPs i think it was now this, year he wouldn't have won MV, pe would have Been, YARNIS i, think you, know ALTHOUGH i did take into the account the whole, season so Maybe lebron could have pulled off his twelfth. Anyway but that's always a, thing you, Know it's like what would you rather be the m V p And yannis at home right, now or would you rather not Be lebron and potentially a. CHAMPION i think there's no question you'd rather Be lebron's position at the.
Speaker 3: Moment, yeah that's what some people are, saying, like why are you even worried about?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 3: Man, like, yeah you're playing for another. Title the titles are. There what's going to get you maybe over you, know catching THE mj. Ghost it's not going to really be. This but, yeah but he also Said.
Speaker 5: Ron one thing he said was.
Speaker 7: Funny he, SAID i WHEN i came into this, GAME i didn't want to BE i didn't play to become M vp or.
Speaker 5: Champion what are you talking? About run?
Speaker 4: In but that's.
Speaker 5: Fine that's what you.
Speaker 7: Know every single player who makes THE nba wants to be a champion and thinks they can win M.
Speaker 5: Vp Everybody Joey graham.
Speaker 7: Thought he was the most versatile player in the league when he Played.
Speaker 4: Joey graham catching.
Speaker 7: BULLET i just REMEMBER i remember seeing him one, time just said. That he, said because his minutes were caught and he was a bit frush and he, said, Listen i'm the most viasatile player in the.
Speaker 1: League, OKAY i, mean.
Speaker 7: You got, it but you gotta have that crazy belief you're gonna make it to THE.
Speaker 1: Nba so who's this is like A Morris brothers. Situation but who's on AN nba bench right? Now is It Joey graham Or Steven? Graham because there's there's one of those guys who basically look identical is on a is on A NUGG i think of The nuggets. Bench, No, no somebody's, Bench, Yeahotte charlotte.
Speaker 4: Use somebody used to one of The graham's used to play For charlotte for.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, Steven.
Speaker 1: But you brought UP i just want to end on. THIS i just wanted to get you guys riled up as much as, possible and it. Works you bring up THE mvp. Talk you don't want to talk about it, first but as soon as you're interjected the CONVERSATION i wanted.
Speaker 3: TO i definitely want to talk About, lebron but there wasn't much to say About yannis WINNING mvp on yesterday's show when the breaking news, broke it was, like, yeah. DUH i, mean, guys like one defensive player of the, air he's like a thirty and fifteen guy on the best team in the regular.
Speaker 4: Season this is the. Problem give the award out when the regular season. Ends.
Speaker 3: NOW i know this was a weird year because the pandemic and the break and all, that but, like this is what. Happens it goes into the playoffs and then everyone's, like, wow he's not even. There he's not AN. Mvp that's not what it's. FOR i, mean it isn't it's for the regular. Seasons so we should do it.
Speaker 4: Like in a normal, year in my, Opinion april fourteenth or, whatever when the season, ends hand out all the awards because that's what they're. For but they you, know THE nba wants this, anyway so they.
Speaker 1: DO i did want to bring up something That trey, said just to reiterate Because lebron was playing some revisionist history here when he was going back with The Defensive player of The. Year bring up, yeah so he, said, QUOTE i had a chance to Be Defensive player of The year and ALSO mvp in the same. Season in that, Year Mark gasol was Rewarded Defensive player of The, year but he made second Team All. Defense right right, now let's get some facts. Straight he's, right but second team all defenses or all defensive teams are voted by the. Coaches, yeah, well Defensive player of The year is voted by the. Media so far, voters you know you're gonna get different. Results that makes. Sense and, Uh marcosol was good on. Defense he was very good on. Defense BUT i just like the fact that HE'S i don't, know he got a mic in front of, him and he just he needed some uh had some things to. Say, yeah, YEAH i guess he hadn't had a mic in a while in his face because he got a week. Off you don't have, practices so it's very different playoffs in terms of words spoken by these. Players so he had he had, Enough he had enough built up there to just fire. Off but we got other things to talk about it, YOU rbg passed, away our rights could be changed for the next year is several, Decades lebron throw some of that stuff out there when you get upon the, mic our rip TO, Rbg my goodness. Gracious so, Yeah lebron, was he was, firing and everybody obviously.
Speaker 3: LISTENS i think he is actually more upset in him bringing that. UP i think that peeves him off more than Joannest WIN mvp this. Year it's the fact That jannis did the. Double he did the mj he did The Elijah One Defensive player of The year and THE mvp in the same, season and he doesn't have that and probably will never have that now in his.
Speaker 4: CAREER i think that marks him a little, bit you, KNOW i.
Speaker 3: Do and he maybe had a case that, year, right obviously was in the mix and stuff like. That, yeah he was trying because he was like that was one of his sort of like, goals Like i'm gonna go get that as. Well that to, me he's really. No not With, jannis just like with the people that vote on, everything pisses him off that he doesn't have one of those the little bet the dual year there where you GO DPO y AND.
Speaker 4: Mvp that's Clearly lebron is a.
Speaker 6: Historian he remembers all of these slights and he KNOWS i got four, MVPs Michael jordan has. Five Michael jordan also has A Defensive player of The year and six. Championships how AM i going to catch this? Guy, yeah, yeah, Right i'm thirty five years.
Speaker 4: Old give me my. Flowers i'm trying to get ANOTHER mvp.
Speaker 3: Here, yeah, yeah we should point out Too jannis in winning his SECOND, mvp did he not Do he doubled down on what happened last year when he, said don't call ME, mvp okay UNTIL i win a. CHAMPIONSHIP i think he said this. Again he's Now i'm a two TIME. Mvp don't call me. THAT i don't want to be known as that UNTIL i have a. Ring so you, know it's not Like giannie. Is it's not Like giannis is Texting lebron photos of HIS mvp Tri, yeah look at, THIS i don't think that's.
Speaker 7: Happening he's like he texted the photo of that newspaper, though Of jannis was reading on the.
Speaker 4: Airport oh, yeah that was a good. Photo, yeah that's pretty.
Speaker 5: Funny that Was that was very.
Speaker 3: Lebron leg photo him to actually share their learn it from the. Best, okay let's hear what you guys. Think first, off do you Think lebron should have WON, mvp would you have been one of those sixteen voters given him the first place? Vote or what do you think About lebron being pissed off even though again he walked it all back at the end of this. Thing he's like he's gonna drink his. Wine i'm sure he. Slept, okay let's hear from you.
Speaker 4: Guys, no don't tink On. Twitter, Okay i'll trap this.
Speaker 3: Bad way Up, Tonight game three of The Eastern Conference finals got The heat up. Two oh though we as we talked about, yesterday this very easily could have been The celtics up to all these games were both so so. Closely what's one thing to watch for here In game?
Speaker 7: Three, WELL i think if you look at The, celtics the teams that have beaten them, recently The raptors and The, heat now they've basically thrown either a box and one defense to try to get Into Kemba walker's, face or they're just thrown the zone at. Them and The celtics have struggled to handle both of. Those and SO i Expect Brad stevens has been working on that the last day or, so And i'm going to be expecting to see his zone from The heat and he's going to have to figure out a way to beat. That AND i think you beat that by moving that ball around and getting some, cutters going to try to open up the lane and open up some clean. Looks so that's WHAT i expect the adjustment will be from The celtics is, like listen that we have a bit of a weakness here with these defenses that are not man to, man and we need to figure out a way to beat. Them because in that first half Of game, two The celtics looking. Great kember was scoring the, ball everyone was getting their. Shots but in the second, half When Eric bolster and The heat mixed it, up that's really what slowed down The. Celtics SO i expect they were working on that and they'll be coming out looking to somehow take advantage of that zone when they see it from The.
Speaker 4: Heat, okay what do you, Got.
Speaker 6: Trey i'm one hundred percent rooting for The Boston celtics to win, tonight AND i don't care how they do it because we need this to be a good. Series you, know this looked like it was gonna be an incredible, series just Like raptors Versus celtics did that eventually went seven. Games we had some classic, moments but we got a chance that The heat are gonna go up three To. Oho this is a pivotal must Win game three for The Boston celtics and Like lea, saying they're going to see the zone and they got to figure out a way to do, it you, know a way to attack it to Get Kemba walker. Untracked AND i Think Jason tatum just needs to be better in the fourth. Quarter it's supposed to Be Jason tatum Versus Jimmy, butler And butler has been schooling him so. Far let's see some clutch plays By Jason. Tatum come, On Bean Town, boys roll that beautiful bean. Footage i'm cracking a can. Tonight whatever it. Is we need this to be a.
Speaker 4: Classic is?
Speaker 3: Here what you're wearing your green here? Today you don't have the green hat, on but you got the green shirt on for The Beantown.
Speaker 6: Boys so, yeah that's just happened to be on the floor and it plays nicely with The celtics and the fact THAT i think there's a golf major going on.
Speaker 4: Today OH i believe you had a golf, major big golf.
Speaker 3: Guy oh, yeah, okay you got any money on any of the golfers out there on the greens like your Camp.
Speaker 4: Stewart, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 6: Hoping for a Big saturday From david. Duvall let's see If Ernie els can get that swinging groove.
Speaker 3: Today all, Right, tasa what are you watching for?
Speaker 1: Tonight, Well i'm definitely With trey on the The Jason tatum. Angle he didn't take a shot for the last five minutes of the game In game. Two and it's a thing with The Boston. Celtics they think that they, can you, know sort of do it by. Committee If kemba is going which he, was give them the. Ball If jalen is going what he, was give them the. Ball And tatum doesn't necessarily have to take. Over But tatum has the best ability to score because of because of who he. Is SO i would like to See tatum not part of not not fall back in the packing order too. MUCH i want to see him shoot a little. Bit AND i think we're talking about the end of the game that The celtics absolutely know that this is their season on the. Line they just played a team in The Toronto raptors that their season was on the line In game three and Ogn andobi hit that three right at the. End so The celtics will be going for forty eight minutes this, time unlike when they had that huge lapse in at the third quarter Of game. Two SO i think we'll see a good performance from The celtics.
Speaker 3: AND i may have buried the lead here. Right Gordon hayward might be back For game three. TONIGHT i guess it's still still. Questionable is that what he's been upgraded. Too it's more likely than it isn't that he will be, playing possibly in game, Three so who knows how that helps in terms of their, defense which they got exploited obviously we talked about With bam pick and rolls and stuff like, that and then he could help as a bit of a zone BUSTER i think, too being in my, opinion maybe their best. Playmaker maybe he's the one that goes in the middle of the zone and can operate from. There you get them the ball at the nail and then find corner shooters and stuff like, that or at least attack the. Pain so we'll see If Gordon hayward plays in. This hopefully we get another great. Game those last two have been, really really. Fun let's call it. There email us a questions and comments for our Next Beach step in. Podcast go To No dunks dot com grab Your No dunks merch and if you haven't already subscribed to The athletic tell him we sent. You go to The athletic dot com slash no dunks sign up for one dollar a.
Speaker 4: Month, incredible incredible. Offer Clipper. Bros you heard it here. First have a great, time turn, Up love you. Guys AWESOME.
Speaker 1: Jd you gotta ask you Did lee send you a photo of him In london or? No let me just check the slack real. Quick no he did. Not what is going? On you gotta break into the old cannon. PHOTO i broke into the old cannon. Photo this is how we used to take. Pictures praise the day.
Speaker 4: People you could stay.
Speaker 1: Every, Day, dan you happy every.
Speaker 4: Minute it's been so long with YOUR funa.
Speaker 1: Already it's kind of big group