Speaker 1: On this episode of The Command Center Podcast, we recap the Patriots win and what can we learn from Mario Brothers.
Speaker 2: And Glass Joe Yes, Fred gets into it with himself. Check out who wins.
Speaker 1: That fight and Interned Caroline joins the show to talk about how the grass is not always green. Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Santana Moss who ant Tana like, I wish I was as cool as you sometimes.
Speaker 2: If you're not watching the podcast, make sure you check it out on YouTube. We got a chain. What's on the chain today, Tanna? Is that just something we got thrown around?
Speaker 3: I don't know what a hundred times.
Speaker 2: I don't know, yeah, a hundred times.
Speaker 3: And we know what's crazy. I was around, she knew what it was.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh yeah, they just proved we buy anything.
Speaker 1: And then and then he's got the cool glasses on. So if you're listening on if you're listening, yeah, check out the YouTube to just check out Tenna's fit. And then Fred Smooon is also here. Just me, you know, but I said I was gonna say something, man like, I like that shirt. You got some holes in these jeans? Kind of like a younger man. I want to bring something up with the fans. You wear a white turtleneck that I actually.
Speaker 2: Like a lot.
Speaker 1: But anything that I like from a fashion standpoint, I usually it's not probably not good.
Speaker 2: It's probably not good because my fashion sense is terrible.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, they should know that you have a fish on your shirt and it looks like he stinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like it's from whatever whatever purpose it is.
Speaker 1: But well, I was gonna say, fans, Fred wore this turtle this turtleneck on the last command center. Yeah right, so make sure you check it out on the command centers.
Speaker 2: I would love that.
Speaker 1: I'll wear it and tell me if it's cool. So make sure you check out what it is Command Center show.
Speaker 3: It's a mock nick.
Speaker 2: So what's the difference between a mock A turtle goes?
Speaker 4: The mock is halfway. A mock is halfway up the nick, not cross the Adams Apple turntil turntail comes all the way up the neck.
Speaker 5: When I guess you that month was way up here.
Speaker 3: Job, London ain't got no neck.
Speaker 2: You know this is about you don't bring London to this. But but but basically, if you like I want. I want to know if it's a cool looking shirt. So can we check it out on the Command Center show, which comes out on Thursdays. Yes, okay, that's what I want to do today.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now that we're done with our fashion requests from the fans, let's talk about this Patriots game just happened, right.
Speaker 3: I loved it. You listen.
Speaker 4: I told you my battle was Bill Belichick the mind. This was a battle of the mind and EBA's offensive coordinator. Past the battle of the mines. He and then Sam How I really want to see Sam because going against Belichick tells me where you're at in your growth and in his growth, tells me I can complete the hard passes, I complete the routine passes, but I also can make the right reads. That's what you got to do against the Bill Belichick offense, I mean defense is you have to go to where he the weakness is.
Speaker 3: And Sam took it all. I was pleased.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I also thought coming into the game that you know, as much as we talked about, Belichick is gonna be a little exoetic, gonna make the young man, you know, play young, play younger.
Speaker 5: He went out there a little Vanella early.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, he didn't bring as much as he but when he brought it, yeah, we was we was ready for and Sam, you know, he responded well.
Speaker 3: So that was you know, pleasing to me.
Speaker 6: And it's not only just you know, responding. I want to see this offense kind of pick up where they left off at the prior week, you know, playing play against the Eagles. I felt the offense was very productive. They moved the ball down a field. You saw that early in this game. And I think anytime you especially this time of the year, when you're playing against these teams, especially on the road, you need to have control of the game, be like you always say, possessing the ball, moving the chains, and we did that wherever you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think you bring up a great point there.
Speaker 1: Like Bill Belichick, you know, unlike Wig Martindal, who's gonna pressure just like the bus kind of like, oh it's first down, Oh cool, Oh it's third and two.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's do it now.
Speaker 1: I think Belichick's a little bit more regulated to your point, Santana, so like he was really in this game kind of said when we get to that strike zone. So that kind of that thirty five to twenty five yard area in the field. I'm gonna bring zero, and when I bring zero, like, what are you gonna do about it? And I thought that Sam did a really good job on specifically the johanauny of saying like, hey, man, I know this is zero. I know you're probably gonna bring six here, so let's make sure we got to tight end down. The back is going to stay in. We're gonna run a concept attack in the middle of the field where there's no post safety. And that's all stuff that Ev probably put in the week, but it comes down to the quarterback identifying that stuff, and I thought he did a really good job of that. You know, some of the things that stuck out to me too about Sam we're the off schedule plays that he made. I like some of that stuff. But also because I think everyone's like so quick right now to like annoint Sam is, I think there's times where he's vacating clean pockets still, right, which is yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, well one of the things I actually doing on the post game.
Speaker 2: Show great interview, by the way, check that out.
Speaker 6: I asked him about some of the things I've been seeing the last you know, two weeks, is him getting rid of the ball early. And I was asking what those or it was just something that he's seen from over the time of playing, because you know how when you play, the only way you can learn is by going through it, going through the fire.
Speaker 3: And he said both.
Speaker 6: He said, some of the things are designed, so basically what you just talked about seeing it, you know, being able to understand it, knowing it's coming, and you have a you have a perfect play call, and he knows who to go.
Speaker 3: To right now.
Speaker 6: And then at times when he didn't have it designed or had it called, he just knew to get rid of the football. And you saw that the last two weeks it's been really you know, pivotal for our offense to continue to stay ahead of the chains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was gonna say, I think to that point one of the things you do see is I think EV's calling a game that is like it's it's nice in terms of variety, right, It's got a lot of a lot more quick game, a lot of screens. To that point, they've gotten out of the five step stuff too much. It's still there, still part of the offense, but it's not the cornerstone that it once was right, they've gotten to this other stuff. Yeah, and I think that's a great point, right, Offenses evolve right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they do.
Speaker 4: And what people cease to believe, Like I don't know why everybody look at coach b Inham and be like, hey, you've been offensive COORDINATD for like ninety three years.
Speaker 3: No, Like he's coached his eight game and like its coordinate. So he had to grow.
Speaker 4: He had to learn, Sam, he had to learn now. They had to learn everything. But everybody wanted because we in a microwave society, everybody wanted.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Well, this took Grandma's cook and it took a little while for them to get on the same pace. And by the way, I seen you pick a buck out of your nose and like two minutes ago, yeah, it was let's go back here we want and watch him slowly pick it out his nose.
Speaker 3: It was sweet.
Speaker 4: But I just thought, I'm watching something grow. And when you watch some grow, because I plant things, it's slow growth. But guess what when it started to bear fruit, that's when you know all the work is done. And I think right now they're starting to hit their stride because of protection and because the same maturation.
Speaker 3: Then now the growth. I can see the growth now.
Speaker 6: And one of the other things that stood out to me too, man, you know we've been harping on, you know, just seeing a little more from the run game, and AG had some great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah he did, you know, be robbed his runs.
Speaker 6: But more importantly what I was amazed by it's seeing us under center would have fall back. And when I saw that, I'm like, and then we ran a couple of times with it, and we came with the play action. You're like, brother, this is playing football. This is when you really going into your bag. You're saying, look, whatever you thought he was coming here with baby, you know. And even you know, even if it didn't really like fool you. You know, if you have to respect you have to respect it. And that's what that's what stood out to me, that you saw us have better success or more success when those guys were dropping seven than we did before, you know what I mean, Or when those linebackers couldn't really just drop because they had to make sure that we were running the ball, you know what I mean. So that was amazing that that amazes me more than anything because now you see the staff that offensive staff is really starting come together and know what they have about.
Speaker 3: They're from player my number through my human computer, and I.
Speaker 2: Computed that, like you're talking about your own brain and.
Speaker 3: My own brain.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 4: I literally, I literally said that teams that carry fullbacks win ten to eleven games a year.
Speaker 3: And that's just something that's definitely came from your brain.
Speaker 4: Listen, the forty nine Ers, the Ravens, the teams that care right now play a physical brand a football and they still throw the ball out around it.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to that point, Fred, with actual information, I think the teams that are leading the league in rushing attempts are also kind of the top teams in the NFL.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, you get your it's a correlation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is a strong correlation. Yeah, So I think tennis is your point.
Speaker 1: One of the things about the fullback that I love it said, it's just some different stuff for the defense to prep form. We got a fullback in, we got two tight ends, and we're not just in offset gun.
Speaker 4: And the new school linebacker do not like full backs because they are two hundred and thirty pounds. They're not LeVar Arrington's, they're not these gold dudes anymore.
Speaker 3: They used to them because they used to.
Speaker 6: Now that's seven on seven stuff running sideway side, you know, you know, you know, there's all the good teams have these fast, athletic linebackers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, back in our day we had in London.
Speaker 6: Guys that's like gonna be a bowling ball coming down coming down here. So I watched that specifically just seeing defenses have these athletic hybrid types style linebackers, Guys that could play safety, Guys that just you know, have a body like you know, we have one our team, Hudson, we have you know, Jamie David, all those guys like they can play safety and play something different. Now that's just saying they might look that way. They're not saying that they but most teams have.
Speaker 3: Those guys that just can run.
Speaker 6: And when you get a linebacker, I mean you get a fullback and have a linebacker that's not ready to thud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be a long day for that defense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So It'll be interesting to see how much they use that moving forward and whether that was just kind of a game plan thing. But I do think that's a nice wrinkle to bring the offense. And I think Alex Arma like, to his credit, brings a sense of physicality and toughness basically.
Speaker 2: So I think that's great.
Speaker 1: And then, you know, speaking of physicality and toughness, let's talk about that offensive line.
Speaker 2: Fred.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the protection, right, and I do think the protection has gotten a lot better. High level thoughts, what are you thinking about that group communication?
Speaker 4: I see them identifying the mike, I see them the cadence. I see them switching up different things. I see them passing off rush schemes. Uh settle I think lost and just settles them down. Well, well, maybe they was amped up and everybody individually was trying to do their job.
Speaker 3: Now I see them working as the Jackson.
Speaker 4: Five, and when that happens, I think you become a stronger unit. And I don't like even on even with the fact we talked about the five step drops and the deep drops, I still see them forming armor around Sam where it wasn't there. And I don't know if it's just simple it's replacing Nick Gates lost in but Chris Paul, my god man, like this dude is playing.
Speaker 3: Some good football right now.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's an interesting point about the depth of the pocket. And I do think it's helpful having Larson in there. I think Chris Paul, I think he may he makes some, you know, kind of subtle, like subtle mistakes in the run game, like taking a bad angle or not sitting on the double team correctly, right. But I do think when he's in past protection a one on one situation, he sets the line of scrimmage. And I think one of the things when you look at shorter quarterbacks. And John Kinin brought this up on his podcast, and it's something that I heard when my tight end coach in UH in Chicago worked with Drew Brees and Sanford and New Orleans, excuse me, and one of the things he said is like, we want offensive lineman that can create depth to the pocket because it lets the quarterback see a little bit, right. So I think it's like, I think that's an interesting addition. I also think the fact they've added more quick game is interesting because the offensive line is less leveraged on a down to down basis. I think there's a lot of things kind of coming together around when Tyler Larson is starting, and so it's easy to say, oh, Tyler Larson is the reason they're better, But I think Sam's seeing pressure better. I think he's avoiding pressure better. I think EB is calling a better game in terms of insulating the offensive line. I think you're getting some of that leadership from Tyler Larson, and I think Sam is also understanding how how defenses are trying to attack.
Speaker 3: Them at lost sheer size.
Speaker 2: He's a bigger, wide body guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was going to say wid body guy.
Speaker 6: But it is a coincidence that now you have CP and lost in and things starting to look a little better, because if you think about it, the last game before those guys actually started playing with that giant game, and we saw so many mistakes on that offensive line. So it makes you just kind of stretch your head a little bit to say, is it these two guys or is it that this this group you know, the coach have had enough and say hey, you know each man, like you know, man up, I mean, do your job, like we've been talking about that, do your job in the last few weeks. It seems to me these guys are doing their jobs.
Speaker 1: Something interesting I just want to point out here is like I I've been maybe in the minority here. I think the offensive line's played pretty good outside of the New York game. So I think maybe it's kind of if that that is a continuation. They're playing a little bit better and it's all these other things. I think that's a big one too.
Speaker 6: I just think to it, and I'm not saying that Day was playing awful right up to the game. That game was the wrong game to have the miscues that they had. There was a lot of guys running free, and it was like, I.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to play Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 4: Do I tell you that I can't wait to get a piece of him?
Speaker 1: And so offensive line skillsis and guys. It was nice to see kind of a lot of people get some touches. John didn't exposed to play. I mean, he still looks like he's, you know, working through some stuff a couple of drops early, but obviously exposed to play.
Speaker 2: Is terry with the explosive play?
Speaker 1: And is that just because Sam's playing better, you think, Tennel, Or is that just like he said, he's able to tap into that potential or what do you think?
Speaker 5: I think a little bit of both.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, yeah, one, Sam is playing better, but if you look at some of these throws that he's making, we saw these these same throats early in the season. You know, we saw him hitting some of these passes where you like, how did he get the ball there? I mean, so that's that's been being basically. I talked about Sam, regardless of winning little loss this year, that he has to be guy or has to have the you know, the talks that we're saying, this guy potentially can be that guy because the throws have made us overlook everything else. You know, just seeing this guy be decisive with the football and getting into guys, hitting guys downfield when they open, that's what give you that kind of man.
Speaker 5: Let's put all the other talk behind because he can get that, he can.
Speaker 6: Get better with that, he can make he has he has the arm that we haven't seen in a long time here that can and the moxy because that's the one you know, it's one thing.
Speaker 3: That happened to arm.
Speaker 5: But if you're scared to get hit, this guy's standing in there. He's doing that.
Speaker 6: So I think a little bit of it It is just, you know, Sam getting better, but a lot of a lot too, what these guys have been making plays, especially Terry.
Speaker 5: But now you're starting to see the cors coming together.
Speaker 6: Now you start to see guys like Diami Pringle, all these guys are.
Speaker 5: Making plays to make these guys prouder.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, his career.
Speaker 4: Lord here, I'll be trying to resigning right now, right now, seriously, Like this is when you do these things, you say, all, I'm gonna give you a year extension right now.
Speaker 3: For you know, a meal in a half or two, and he yeah, why not? Why now? So not?
Speaker 5: So I think it's a little bit of both.
Speaker 2: Right, So let's I think that's enough offensive talk. I think we feel pretty good about whether right.
Speaker 1: Obviously there were the two turnovers, the fumble, the interception of the red zone. That's gonna happen. Got a limit those, but young group, they'll get better defensively. Yeah, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna get you know what. I love what you did. You beat the people you were supposed to be.
Speaker 4: But I'm not gonna give it more from really props because Matt Jones stinks the offensive wide receive was stinks like it was one of those times where you know, do what you're supposed to do with the group you were playing against. So I'm giving them props for doing what they want to do, I mean doing what they did.
Speaker 3: To the Patriots. But I think the big test offensive wise is gonna be with Geno Smith in the Seattle.
Speaker 6: I think I think defensively, we had a great game going for ourselves into that fumble was we was up ten zip and we could if we could have put our defense in a better situation, they would have never got on the board because we went zip to them scoring that that one little you know, red zone shot. Uh, And then they came back and had that long run when it looked like jamn or.
Speaker 5: One of the somebody wanted somebody mixed up.
Speaker 6: And I remember watching it on the TV copy seeing their rio look disgusted, and James said, my bads, that gave me the notion that he did something wrong, you know what I mean. So not to say that he came back and played a better game, but just it going to show you how one play can try to break the game the whole outcome of the game. So that's two plays there, that's a yeah, you know, that's us fumming. You know the ball offense with our back to the wall, gave the defense, I mean gave their offense short field boom.
Speaker 3: They had a touchdown.
Speaker 6: Now it's ten to seven, and then they get that we don't do anything offensively. They get the ball back and home run hitter, you know, that big run.
Speaker 5: They didn't do.
Speaker 6: Anything else besides that. That guy had sixty something yards on that run. That was his sixt time it's all time best run, and they ended with one hundred and seven yards rushing.
Speaker 5: So you know, you look at stuff like that. Our defense played well.
Speaker 6: You know, yes, Matt sometime had he had more time than we were like.
Speaker 3: At times still missing people.
Speaker 6: But to his credit, unfortunately he couldn't hit a wide open guy at time. So we kind of left out of the unscathed a little bit. But I still feel like our secondary getting better. You know, I saw some of the things that I've been wanting to see, guys up in guy's face, putting hands on them.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was pleased.
Speaker 6: I know, at the same time, it's easier to fall into that trap with a team that's not going to really push you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I want to give props to two guys because I know they've been under the under the heat the last week since we traded our two auf of Russians, and that's a casey two Sacks and ay Kate James Hyphen. You know, I want to give James Hyphen them some love because you know everybody was talking about that the two guys we just traded, and forgetting that these guys have played three hundred snaps in the last couple of years. So at the end of the yeah, I want to give them props for saying we ain't feel ins We've been doing this.
Speaker 3: We've been doing this a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the other thing I just want to you said something about the Tanner Freddie said something about you missing open guys. Yeah, I think that's the thing that I feel good about this performance. But I'm also like, if this is anybody else else like we're gonna be We're upset.
Speaker 3: That's at least sixty more yards.
Speaker 1: It's so there's the post that Jaalen Rekord drops. Yes, there's the overthrow to uh Douglas on the corner where Saint Ju thought he was running a choice and then he missed the throw. And then there was the underthrow to to the running back where Jamie gets back and the knocks.
Speaker 2: The ball down. And there was a couple there was probably five of those.
Speaker 1: Those are three that I remember, But I just like they need to limit some of that stuff explosives.
Speaker 4: And I feel for kJ Henry though, Okay, I just do because it's hard to get that first whatever, first touchdown or like first sex, first interception.
Speaker 3: It's just hard.
Speaker 4: He comes out of his first game ever dressing and he makes the player play. If we asked you what's to play of the game, it's that sec fumble, but he comes off on a fake stunt tea around the end sex to guy like, I don't know what you're supposed to do on defense?
Speaker 1: Another guys, a couple of young guys, Well, you got Forbes to the night's job.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, so you know you you watch him more than I do. You understand defensive play? Like, what did he do well?
Speaker 3: The whole game too?
Speaker 4: He was himself, He was himself, He was aggressive. Last couple of weeks he's been timid because he's been trying not to make the mistakes instead of trying.
Speaker 2: To want to ask you is it a little bit the level of competition too?
Speaker 4: Who most definitely like, listen, if you want to get guy confidence, you put him in the ring with glass Joe. Now he was the first dude on Mike Tyson punch out Glad Joe, that would you be on your companies up about whooping glass show? Like, So what we did next week was go up there and.
Speaker 3: Beat up on glass Yell. And if that has to happen.
Speaker 4: The week before playing DK Metcalm Jackson, Smith and Sigma and Locket.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what you need.
Speaker 4: So I thought it was the perfect time for him to get that convenence rolling.
Speaker 5: All you need is one play. I went up on you on that.
Speaker 6: You know how you play Mario, you know, and you know you don't you get your confidence up like winning every you know, saying stage and you ain't seeing Keing Cooper yet. You see the other love seeing other live creatures. So you gotta get to that guy. And we've been putting Keen Cooper on this guy that stop.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 5: I'm pleased just to see the guy was able to play.
Speaker 6: And I think we should have did this right after that that first Equals game we played somebody that he should have been playing in the game. We benched him for playing playing. I'm just pleased that he was able to get back out there and be a part of that unit because they need more. They don't just need the guys that they have out that, they need everybody that we can use. Danny Johnson, all those guys a valuable role. And just just to see Forrest be able to do what he do. He gotta think about it too. This is another game. He got his hands on the ball and so like so he's a magnet for the ball, showing you that man, eventually this stuff.
Speaker 4: Is I'm gonna complete every one of these catch bingle. So think about it.
Speaker 3: Is this our COMPU situation where we comp guys is disappoint We're.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking because you brought him up and he's a part of the COUMP sigment.
Speaker 2: So I thought, Jason.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we can do it right now. Doing that you can produce.
Speaker 3: Don't listen.
Speaker 4: I try to do everyboe. I'm a janeltor to I clean up all y'all mess So it's out good.
Speaker 2: That's definitely not true.
Speaker 7: Our listeners understand. We're gonna do comps.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: It's a fun thing that a lot of fans like to do. Hey, samhow it looks like this or whatnot. So on the list of guys who are gonna come because Emmanuel Forbes. You guys want to camp him, I'll give you mine real quick. I got something. I think he's a lot like Fred Smoot just if he shut the hell.
Speaker 4: Up most definitely that's a perfect cump. I would got better. I would go Dominique Rogers Cramarti. Also he reminds me of Dombinique Rogers, long fast, scringy ball magnet can go get the ball, and Antonio Camarti also anybody last named Crammarty.
Speaker 3: He reminds me, Uh, he can go get the ball.
Speaker 4: He finishes at the top of the peak, and that's what I'm ready to see this year him finished at the top of the ball. But he reminds me of of course, myself and all other skin of connerbacks in the league with the Carimarti brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that's fine. Comp comps are hard for me because.
Speaker 3: I always think players are mixed with two people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like it's like a little bit of mix, right, you know what I'm saying, So like it's.
Speaker 6: A mix, But you also have to know all the damn players like he know, Yeah, he don't forget nothing. He know everybody know players that's playing it England. We don't know what's going on over there.
Speaker 4: Well, when I look at players, I always be like, it's a little him and a little him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's It's interesting because when I think of Antonio Camarti, I always think of him as like a big guy. You know, he was like six two, he's like two o five.
Speaker 3: He wasn't five.
Speaker 4: He was literally like one ninety one. Rogers Commarti was he got when he got older, he was.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Rogers Commarti is a little skinnier, but he runs like he runs different, like there's a there's like a law, like a like a length like a hippiness to Forbes, and a length in his arms that is very unique, kind of like Spidery. So it kind of reminds me of like like Brandon Browner. But Brandon Browner was like two twenty five, but he was so slow. But I'm saying Brandon Browner was like skinny. Yeah you know what I mean, Like that's.
Speaker 3: What I say, Richard, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 2: But he's more fluid than Richard Sherman. That's what you know what I'm saying. It's like this. It's like the length of proportion.
Speaker 5: I like. I like your comparisons.
Speaker 6: When it comes to Brown, I think that's kind of like almost close.
Speaker 2: I mean from a from a body shape stand, Brown.
Speaker 6: Was slow, slower, Yeah, he was more probably more more physical.
Speaker 2: Way more physical.
Speaker 3: He his his legs weren't the same. I mean, you know he was.
Speaker 6: Got you got your back. But he was a great, great, great player, but great corner. I think that Forbes had that potential to be like him. I don't have a guy for him.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't really know.
Speaker 6: I can't really I'm still here scratching my head because I went up against a lot of guys and I still haven't seen the Forbes in front of me. I haven't seen no one with that body type.
Speaker 2: It is interesting because he is he's so unique.
Speaker 1: I mean, like there's a reason why everyone was worried about him at draft time because he's like one of the smallest players ever drafted.
Speaker 2: But he is.
Speaker 3: Like that way sixty six.
Speaker 6: He looks he looks skinnier in his uniform, like he is skinny. Most most guys who come in skinny when they put them passed on.
Speaker 3: All right, and pass fields you out.
Speaker 5: He still looks skinny uniform.
Speaker 3: So it's like, okay with them.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, is it one seventy five with the past or is it one?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I am I'm not trying to him with dog.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but like, but I think to that point, like he had a really good game and I wanted to ask you this before he moved on to the next comp is with him, Everyone's gonna say, oh, he's here. Now this is like a rival game. But I think it's important to like temper that expectation a little because you're going against Mac Jones against no receivers. Right, it's a good like confidence building game. That's a good pre but next week.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be the and guess what every week of T So all I'm saying is to the coordinator, throw them put him back in the fire, like at one point you gotta be baptized by fire in this league.
Speaker 3: Let it happen. But put him in the fire and protect them at the same.
Speaker 1: And it's funny, like we were watching We're gonna do this in the preview pod which comes out on Friday, But you know, watching getting ready for Seattle. Like I feel like, you know, you know, everyone says DK metcalfs how I lock it. I feel like this is like a low deaf version of the Philadelphia Eagles, Like it's gonna be like they're not as good as those guys that are see what.
Speaker 6: You're saying, and we'll tap into that. Yeah, definitely, what's the next one, Jason?
Speaker 7: All right, let's stay with cornerbacks and let's go with Saint Juice here. So I'll kick it off. All right, So I know how you have AI. Now you can type in an AI and it looks slightly off right, So Saint Juice reminds me of like an AI version of nond Man.
Speaker 3: He's dead on that, he's numbty.
Speaker 4: He's the two reasons size in the fact that they don't get interceptions.
Speaker 3: Interceptions, ain't they think they like to know?
Speaker 7: Had one year.
Speaker 3: And that was it.
Speaker 5: He's the one interception h one that went on the picks.
Speaker 7: A lot of past break ups and set Juice as second in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Right now. My other come with him is Bobby Taylor former.
Speaker 4: Different Eagles with Troy Bobby Taylor, and Bobby Taylor.
Speaker 6: But Bobby Taylor was he was he's a nasty something, I say, But Bobby would get the ball back, he would get the picks and he was he was a little dirty. So I ain't seen no dirtiness and sing because he's Canadian.
Speaker 4: He's a nice guy, right But at the end of the day, I see if Bobby Taylor come, but Numbdy is most definitely right on.
Speaker 3: That was my.
Speaker 5: Taylor tapped into my.
Speaker 2: Brain like that. It was a a I manipulated though, because it's true.
Speaker 7: It's like, yeah, there's like if you looked real closer, you see nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I say, the only thing about is what I when I kind of get I kind of get mad at when I see Saint Jews because I told you Saint ju is one of my favorite guys on his team besides can when it come, especially on the defensive side of the ball, I want to see him be more aggressive. You want to see him reach out of number to touch you. You feel me and I remember numb with put he would man, that dude to hold me so bad. I'm like, bro yea holding me for and then he looked at me. He's quiet as all out there. He's not saying much, but hey, some time. You gotta do what you gotta do, and that's what needs to do.
Speaker 2: He's by the way, but that's why to that point though, I think was a good comp. But I also think Saint Juice is so much better athletically in the short area than was. Like, yeah, he was stiff and like Saint.
Speaker 3: Juice is like inside, there's quick shuffle to be sixty three. He was that quick shelf.
Speaker 1: I get you, but I like that he's got that you can play in the slot. I'm talking about Saint Juice. He's got that quick turnability. I feel like, yes, yeah, I like the comp, but I do think he's a better athlete than.
Speaker 7: All Right, let's go to the other side with Jahan.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: This is a hard one, right, So I call him the anti Logan Paulson, And the reason I call him that is everything Johan's good at Logan was not good route running, good hands, fast.
Speaker 3: Switch, quick ability. Yeah yeah, so my company.
Speaker 1: Let me just push back on that one second. Okay, I'm not the best route runner, Tanna, we all know that. But you know he's averaging Yeah, he's averaging fifteen yards to carry. There was a year where average fifteen yards of catch just for the record. So even though it wasn't always pretty, and I made everything with.
Speaker 3: You, kid, I think it was. I'm not throwing you no. I know you're great at what you did.
Speaker 1: No no hurd feelings here. But the anti Logan Pulson is pretty.
Speaker 2: That's pretty right.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: I always looked at you as a Brokesman's j NOVICI poor man j nochick, the Jill Jake Nochick.
Speaker 2: Wrung from my body, just a blunt instruments, I would.
Speaker 4: Say, jo Hun reminds me of there's always two players.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be two players.
Speaker 3: I hear you, all right, I had to check ike all the time. All right, Well.
Speaker 2: I killed what was a very good Florida and New York Giants, New York Giants, and he coached me here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I hear you with a mixture of Reggie.
Speaker 2: Wayne, Reggie Wayne.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well see, he's gonna think about it.
Speaker 2: What's that a corner?
Speaker 4: It's a corner. The one thing about Reggie he had the ability to beat you deep, but the threat of being you deep was never in the back of your mind all the time, just like your hunt. Like when I if I'm checking your hunt. I'm worried about fifteen yard Diggs. I'm worried about uh seven routes. I'm worried about everything else. But then the to beat me over the top, I'm not really worried about, but to wrap me up. I believe those two would rap anybody up. And that's what I get.
Speaker 6: Your hunt, Johan great routes, quick twitch ability, Reggie ain't quit twitched. Reggie more of a proto type of cool receiver. Taller like you know he has, even though Reggie might not not that taller. He's not eleven, but his body make him look like he's six one. But he ain't had nothing like that. Rain is five hard, like a guy you could put in the back field. You can move in motion that I can't move your hand. None of them places.
Speaker 3: Quick twitch. I can't put him in the backfield. He ain't personal hobby boy.
Speaker 6: You ain't nothing like them? Who said he personally hard? I say he Reggie ain't.
Speaker 4: But he damn sure ain't no person hobby person. You just saying put him in the backfield. Say you can see him.
Speaker 3: I can move Reggie around.
Speaker 5: You cannot.
Speaker 6: You can't put him in motion and do all that stuff. He's a he's an extra receiver.
Speaker 3: Put him out there. That's what he was used that. I don't mean you can't use him as that.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you from just the years of playing and then watching him play in the NFL. When Reggie was on the team with Marvin Harrison, who they moved around?
Speaker 9: Mar what the quicker guy?
Speaker 6: Why not moving because I got an X receiver. If I'm gonna have two of those guys, so put like this. If I'm on that team with Marbles.
Speaker 4: I remember I played against all of them. If I'm on that team with Marvin Harrison, some defensive players.
Speaker 3: If I'm on that.
Speaker 6: Team with Marvin Harrison, right, if Stantam Malls get drafted to the coach and me and Marvin Harrison is on the team together, are.
Speaker 3: You going to move one guy around or you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Move both of us?
Speaker 6: If you can do that, If you can do so, if Reggie was able to be able to be that guy they put him because he was great at being just station him right there to eat. I don't have a com for him. I don't see no other guy like him. I say, when it comes to route running, he's very precise. I mean, Reggie is a great route running, so I'm not saying he's not good right run I needed.
Speaker 2: But you just have a different body.
Speaker 6: Type, different body type, you know, hands like Reggie, great hands, great hands.
Speaker 5: But he's saying, like Reggie Wayne.
Speaker 6: As if I look to say I look at Johanna, look at Reggie, I'm like, no, I'm not looking at No, I'm looking at and looking.
Speaker 3: At for both of them is the same.
Speaker 5: Because nothing to change faster than Reggie Wine.
Speaker 3: He's not a threat, is it.
Speaker 2: Reggie bigger though, is a bigger I was gonna I was gonna say, Isaac Bruce was my com There you go, Isaac Bruce is Mike.
Speaker 5: I can give you Isaac more to hold that. Bruce, I say, Bingo, you more.
Speaker 9: To guys better than my playorite.
Speaker 3: Reggie beat you up with your check Reggie.
Speaker 4: And if I had to check Reggie playing, you dropped Johns.
Speaker 3: You just me have a stopping guy.
Speaker 2: You just said, Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt.
Speaker 6: Saying he more Tory Holt than and that's a and that's a and that's the spot on.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give him spot on.
Speaker 6: You said, I think I think he looks like a little bit of he looks like a little bit of both of those guys.
Speaker 5: But I was lean towards Tory Hope Great was lethal and that's what Johann can be.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be a Hall of fame. I don't know what they're waiting on route running hands.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's that on No, that's that.
Speaker 9: I would give you that, Reggie.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm like, Like I said, I have a guy because I look at because I know my brain, I want to scale guys together. I look at how would I try to stop? And I would try to stop them to say I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: So he got beat that week when you played Johann, because if you just put him like it's a Reggie, you weren't read about Regie getting past you.
Speaker 5: Johann Speed is deceptive. People don't think he can run and get passion. Then he gets back.
Speaker 4: Well, what I'm saying is, if I'm playing Jahann, I'm gonna force him to beat me deep, I'm gonna snug everything. We get what they're gonna have to do that that's what you're gonna have to do, all right.
Speaker 6: I love that torri Ho com I love that one that was that's my man, you said, Bruce, they looked like he looks like a little bit of both of those guys.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Bruce was witchy.
Speaker 6: Look to you guys, hey, and you know what's so good about that toy was the same way you didn't think Tory was running and he was. So that's the Johann right there. That's dead all all right, we got just it's pretty good at this. But he just wanted to get mad for nothing.
Speaker 5: Look, yeah, boy, I got rid over them.
Speaker 4: Come down, I next.
Speaker 7: Deep breast everybody. We're all friends friends, okay, and next in uh and last is gonna be Sam Howe. Okay, so we're gonna get get Fred.
Speaker 2: He's gonna say, I know, I know what, I know what. Friend's gonna say.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna friend. I almost shock you.
Speaker 2: No, you're not Tony Romo.
Speaker 7: Well, you guys are saying you have to combine people, right, so so I want to combine, but not quite so it's like rookie Josh Allen. But if Josh Allen was trying to be Patrick Mahomes, it's not a commedy.
Speaker 3: God, he's trying to.
Speaker 2: Do like it's stylistically, it's like a feel, it's like a field.
Speaker 7: He's like making kind of those rookie mistakes.
Speaker 2: And I like that because his day, Yeah, so mine.
Speaker 1: This is gonna sound really dumb, but just stick with me for a second. Just just just go on the just go on this journey with me. So obviously there's a Drew Brees in there because he's a small guy. He sees that he's got this like ability. But I also Drew Brees and Tim Tebow for whatever reason, when I watched him play and watch no, when I watched.
Speaker 9: Him listen to your boy for a second, when.
Speaker 10: I watched him run, it reminds me when I when I watch him run, it reminds me so much of Tim Tebow because he's got this like great contact balance. Is this bigger, kind of like kind of thicker body guy. You know, it bounces off of guys. And I think there's a mobility that he has that is encapsulated in Tim Tebow's game that's not encapsulated in Drew Brees' game. So I'm saying, if you mix them together, Drew Tebow, Drew Tebow is what you get.
Speaker 1: But I think that's what you're looking at and maybe the arm talent's probably better than Drew Brees. So maybe that's where.
Speaker 2: It's like so easy to say it's so easy to be like Mahomes because that's what it reminds me of. But I do think if you were to mix Tim Tebow, like the running.
Speaker 1: Ability, the body structure with Drew Brees and kind of that accuracy that in the pocketability, I think you're getting towards something. But again, like I like Jason's because there is something mahomes in about what he does, and that's it's so easy to say that. But I was just trying to say, how do we get there without say.
Speaker 4: Tony has Bag because he reminds me a little bit of Tony Romo and he reminds me of Tim Hasselback. Why because you know what, Tim didn't get his props, man, but Tim did. He made right, Yes, he out of Tim hasse Back. He made the regular look easy. Like he would throw these out.
Speaker 3: Routes and just throw them, throw them.
Speaker 4: He'll throw these slant routes and just nothing special about you. Like people look at say him, they say, ah, nothing specially about him, but he damn good. Say his arm strengt. Well, you know Tim could throw the ball around your and Tony. Listen to me, man, Well he looks physically like Tony to me, you know, built like him, has a cannon for him, has some escapability in the pocket. A better athlete than you think he is. Uh So, I go, Tony hasselback.
Speaker 1: But also I think, like, just to kind of double down on that, I think the arm talent with Sam is so unique.
Speaker 2: Like the quick release it.
Speaker 1: He did, but like he didn't have the big arm, like he has a quick release and like you know, with the ball got out of his handswe but he didn't have the ability to like launch the foot.
Speaker 3: You know what Tony did to that.
Speaker 6: A lot of people don't give him credit for, like and that's this is something the reason one of the reasons why you know, I believe that quarterbacks make receivers and make them a little more special than what they make him. Battle man, he's throw those backs. He knew how to get thrown you. He was the first open every if if man what the dude name was, das Brian was stride for stride where everybody he ran never ran, and Tony would just throw them short and he come back the highest point.
Speaker 5: So I loved at about Tony.
Speaker 6: That's why I used to tell folks when I was playing, he was go up against Tony and I hear so much. You know, they was giving him someone flak. I'm like, give me Tony for what I did. I'm gonna put up numbers. So I'm not good at this. I'm not even trying to compare them with nobody because I ain't thinking like that right now. It can't come off the top of my head. But I've been stuck on Tony. You've been talking about that from I just see something battle. You know, I can say Tony if I had to compare two guys, Yeah, Tony and the guy that we drafted here in two thousand left it and he was like a backup forever. Now I see him on the NFL network, James Something Daniels.
Speaker 5: Oh, Chase Chase Daniels.
Speaker 3: You're talking about it, had a great career backing up Chase.
Speaker 5: J Chase Daniels had a nice ball, right. He had a kind of body.
Speaker 6: His body was like yeah, I'm saying like, so when I look at when I look at Sam and Pass, I'm like, damn. He like Chase Daniels, but then he goes out there and he plays on Tony Romo's type of style.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Chase wasn't that fast. He had a good ball, but he was short as hell. So but those two guys are kind of combined.
Speaker 3: Sprinkling a little smoking Jay Cutler right there. You know what I'm saying, spreaking little smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, like, you good at this, though, Fred, because you one of the guys that just know everybody in the league. Fred knows every I don't care if you played he was a damn long snapper or or.
Speaker 3: Eating all right, one of my favorite red snappers.
Speaker 1: I love the Red But I got a question real quick though. So I feel like those cops are good comps. I feel like we're missing the arm town a little bit.
Speaker 3: Jake Colin.
Speaker 6: That's why I put the color. Jay got a j Candler had candy. I know you hate this in on the Hall. The Hall picked him on all us got one quarterback we love.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 4: My quarterback was Brett Farr. I picked out Brett Farr five times because I love playing against.
Speaker 3: Him, because he's gonna give you a shot. And he the tight guy. You picked him off. He get mad. He coming right back.
Speaker 4: So you might get a two picker against bred.
Speaker 6: Hey, I remember that game, and that was you was still here in seven We went up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Sean had.
Speaker 3: No Sean had almost had five five picked two of them. He picked two of them, and he picked three.
Speaker 4: He picked two, I believe, and dropped three like I'm sorry, like he suposed to picked him up.
Speaker 3: He was not. He throw he was he was like baiting him to throw the ball.
Speaker 4: He was looking over and turned around, going right over the field getting the ball.
Speaker 2: All right, that's been a fun game to watch. Yeah, it was. And so I think that's gonna do it for our comp segment on did.
Speaker 7: You mean Tim or Matt Hasselback.
Speaker 4: I mean here, I mean Matt played with Tiam Yeah, Tim on the hassle back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that actually paying quarterback to so intern Carolina.
Speaker 2: Intern Carolina, she just.
Speaker 7: Got a cop for Sam Carrol.
Speaker 2: You got a cop? What we got? What we got? Caroline on the top of the head.
Speaker 8: But you guys are just like speaking about it, just kind of giving a little like Joe Burrow rookie season like lines somewhat shaky, but like a lot of promise in his plays.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they numbers are the same.
Speaker 4: I watched they put their numbers beside each other and they are the same right now the week eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's even there though, Like there's no arm. Town's not this.
Speaker 1: It's just such a unique arm that Sam has. You know, I think I think statistically, you're probably right on there, Caroline.
Speaker 3: But Caroline's pretty good. I know.
Speaker 2: Caroline is a football fan.
Speaker 7: Future, big, future, big football fan. The reason she's here is because she's actually a Steelers fan. Steel so she's got, like from the outside perspective as a fan from another team, what she sees in Sam Howe. That's why we brought her in.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Well, she like Pittsburgh. They used to like unattractive.
Speaker 1: Courts, So I mean, yeah, I guess that's a good point. So Caroline, So, Caroline, you I was watching the game with you the other day and you were forreaking out. I was trying to watch the Commanders and you kept asking me like, you know, it's Kenny Pickett bad at football?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: And I was like what, So, how do you feel as a Pittsburgh fan, Like would you would you rather, oh my god, Sam Howe.
Speaker 2: Or Kenny Pikett be your starting quarterback in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be a hater. First of all, I never said I didn't want Yeah, you kind.
Speaker 3: Of hate it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you did say that. I'm just saying you were you were, You were stressed. You were stressing about Kenny Picker.
Speaker 8: You do stress, like honestly, because I don't think the JOMP has been quite main Like you just finished seventeen games, like essentially his first year because he kind of came in late last year. I felt so much promise last year going into it. And this is also just like a Pittsburgh fan thing. But like our record within these past seventeen games is like twelve and five, which is obviously a great record, but like this has been backed up by a insane defense, like making unbelievable plays. I mean, call it what you want. They're definitely top five, but I put them at top three because of the amount of splash plays they had. Defense Right about the defense, but I'll flip it back.
Speaker 2: I'll flip it back, but my point at commanders back.
Speaker 8: So over the weekend, I actually told my dad, I said, if we had Sam Howell right now, we would be record like honestly, we we really would, like I don't know about it, undefeated we've played. Yeah, So that was one of my That was one of my notes here that I think definitely helps Sam. Is it like b Rob has been a lot more consistent. We had our best run week this past week, which obviously it's super helpful to him.
Speaker 2: Like with n and we're talking about Kenny Pigot, Yeah.
Speaker 8: They're a great one two punch, but like the line, just things have not been going they started Broadwick Jones probably.
Speaker 1: So in terms of in terms of optimism, would you be more optimistic about somehow or Kenny Picket?
Speaker 8: I think so, Like here's my problem with Picket. I don't think he has the talent to like make up things. So like if his feet, you know, he's not balanced, his mechanics aren't right, He's not going to make a throw like Sam made when he was like about to get sacked.
Speaker 5: This past weekend, I found out.
Speaker 4: Did you see can it pickt new commercial for Burger King with him holding.
Speaker 2: A stop him in the draft.
Speaker 5: He got that why he wears small hand guy it's.
Speaker 1: Like you had to remeasure his hands, do the whole thing to see a specialist like cut liment and his thumb to extend his finger, he had to get his hand lengthened.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I like that.
Speaker 1: You brought up the like the r talent the talent there right, and you think Sam's got that talent? How important do you think that is?
Speaker 8: I mean, okay, well think about it, at least for the AFC. How many stacked quarterbacks, Like we're kind of in a bit of trouble when you compare. I'm just saying, like our team can overall be great, but like, is he gonna win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Over the homes a little bit that Canada?
Speaker 8: Though, to know that was another point like to that, like on top of just like stacked quarterbacks being in AFC, he be's great, Like it's obviously very apparent.
Speaker 6: I just feel the number one you don't have to worry some much. They're putting a lot of pressure on but it's not.
Speaker 4: But think about it with Pinket, you didn't bring up the fact that, of course he had to live hands in the in the not strong m but when you play a FC ball in the North you playing outside?
Speaker 3: What that's the key.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be playing in bad weather, especially in the winter time, in every game he played Cincinnati Baltimore does not matter.
Speaker 3: That's a big situation.
Speaker 2: Are you push back on Fred? Say say what you say, say what you wanted to say. This is Fred Fuller, Who are there with that? Is that your pretty?
Speaker 8: I mean he's got seven fourth quarter comebacks. He's good.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not what you say.
Speaker 2: You're going to play, going to challenge.
Speaker 8: I don't think he's not good.
Speaker 2: I just worry about his ceiling.
Speaker 8: I worry about his ceiling. Yeah, und percent, Like I think Sam, the potential is there. Like literally today we're supposed to be recording something with him, but EB has another quarterback meeting. Like I think just them to being on more of the same page versus like you guys know the Canada debacles, like this is not a secret, like the aren't great.
Speaker 3: I want to you some more.
Speaker 5: I think I want to hear a little more of show.
Speaker 3: If we get fine, if we get if we get about the weather.
Speaker 2: Five intern Caroline comments this week, we'll we'll get it going too.
Speaker 8: Say one last thing about Sam absolutely not now go ahead, Like with o line situations. I felt like collectively, just the Steelers on line and the Commanders a line this week played their best games like quarter line as a unit. I think Sam hangs in the pocket way longer. Like I know he's taking a lot of sacks, but Kenny rules in the sax. I'm just he doesn't.
Speaker 2: I mean they both have done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not good like that.
Speaker 1: But hey, but but I think I think she's she's she's expressing her reservations about Kenny Pickett. I think there are some things that Kenny Pickett does well. You mentioned the fourth quarter comeback thing, right, they are there? There is he a top team there winning What's what's the record right now? It's four and five five, five and four, five, five and three, So like they're like, that's a good team and he's doing a good job of helming that ship. I do think he's somewhat limited by Matt Canada because they don't throw over the middle of the field at all.
Speaker 3: You have thought they had to losing record the way she did described him. All I'm saying, is he a top team quarterback.
Speaker 2: In the AFS?
Speaker 8: I don't think so, which is why I don't quarterback.
Speaker 3: At Jackson Joe Burrow. Really, I am a quarterback in his own.
Speaker 1: To v.
Speaker 3: Watson.
Speaker 2: You think Watson is better than him? I think, yes, yeah, Watson is better than him. Yeah, I think you're talking you're talking.
Speaker 3: About Josh.
Speaker 2: Joe. Yeah, quarterbacks better Wow. Yeah that's crazy. But yeah, so that'll be relationship.
Speaker 1: But obviously the same how thing, the same hell comp would be compelling, Like if he was in Pittsburgh, what would that look like?
Speaker 2: Would they be better to Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I think he's flourishing more with e B.
Speaker 2: But I do think I do think they have better skill position players here.
Speaker 4: Oh you got George Picks, don'te I mean Donte John Johnson?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Kevin Austin tight end. I don't know who they got a tight end? He right right?
Speaker 7: What I'm saying, Caroline knows what's going on. By the way, I'm pushing this forward because this is way too much feelers too much. I think what we're trying to say is Sam Howe is better than Canny Pikett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they agree in all their places.
Speaker 7: It's not just as fans here we're getting hyped about Sam how but other teams are seeing it.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 3: It's my point and one thing I would say too.
Speaker 6: I mean, we get hyped about him, but one of the things I hate about what we do is we the reason why we we kind of one week we want to talk about throw everybody away, and the next week we you know, we found out got because we only motion and roller coasters, just as what as his team.
Speaker 5: So I say, let these guys play. You know, I don't you know, I go into the games now.
Speaker 6: I'm a little superstitious and this I want to basically make make a comment about what I've been doing the last few weeks because London got on me this past weekend talking about ya gonna do that. Nah, I'm not finna sit here and lie to you that I believe that you can win when you can't.
Speaker 5: Like my man Logan, Logan said they won't gonna win. Last week, we won. That's how you feel.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a company man.
Speaker 5: So but you know what I'm saying, sometimes you have to tell no, that was last week.
Speaker 3: You know, you picked us lose a couple of.
Speaker 2: I have to have to pick like six shelves.
Speaker 3: But honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is I want to tell them every week that I wanted to win. But that's like that's line. Truthfully, I don't believe it. So that's why I don't pick who's gonna be the win. I said, I want to see a great game. If you give me a great game and then the fourth quarter, last team standing, whoever victorious, I'm gonna be okay because I saw a great game and that's all I want to.
Speaker 5: See going forward.
Speaker 7: The grass isn't always greener. I think it's the point here.
Speaker 5: Someone just told me sometime the grass is greener, and you know what that tells you.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of Hey, you know, I'm with it.
Speaker 9: I can bag it up, but we're gonna keep a little more.
Speaker 7: We were just talking about London. Enter Caroline. She knows her stuff. As we've been talking about. She took it down London and the.
Speaker 2: Upset this week.
Speaker 5: You know, I changed it.
Speaker 8: I saw I was playing London.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of people have victor reason this week too, include me. I got.
Speaker 2: Oh did you oh? Yeah?
Speaker 3: By one point at the buzzle, you know I'm.
Speaker 2: Going, let's so who is on your team and we'll talk about our game because I don't know what that was.
Speaker 8: This week speaking of Steelers, I was like, screw it. Start Pickings and Deyanta huh And I'm sure you guys saw Picking Like yeah, he had like nothing, he has it.
Speaker 2: He had the touchdown that he was out of bounds on right.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, about like a mile and a half even though we had like a lot of space six yards. Yeah, moving on. So I thought it was not looking good because you guys know London has been like.
Speaker 2: Just thrusting people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and pretty much Pep Barmouth has been hurt or he's on, he's like on, I are kid all to bye. So I was like, this is not looking good already. We have two sitting players and pretty much just London's team just like kind of flopped.
Speaker 5: It was on London's they took a break, they had early.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so Justin Herbert only had seven.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he had that kind of a quiet game. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Cooper Cup also super low points.
Speaker 2: With that offense. Now without Mats Stafford is going to be.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, well he has both of them.
Speaker 2: So like I think that that's going to hurt him bad.
Speaker 8: I think sure, Ceedee Lamb had a good game Camara and I had Barkley so like they were pretty pretty even only had so like my tight end was out, but his tight end had only two point nine points.
Speaker 2: That was that was That was a crazy kind of Lady went at the game.
Speaker 3: Stop Taylor went at the game. Here you go. I had Terry.
Speaker 2: Like it just washed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like mine.
Speaker 2: So where was the biggest Where was the biggest point differential for you quarterback? So you you had who I had?
Speaker 8: I have Josh Allen, but I had something today. I don't know if this stream is like on Twitter that he is so far in fantasy. See, he's like the best quarterback to.
Speaker 2: Have because he does so much for that offense. He runs a lot. He's don't get to lead him, so that's interesting. But yeah he runs and then Fred, you beat me? Yes, I did beat you?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 2: Did you actually set your lineup this week? Did you? Yeah? Defensive struggle looks like no, no, it wasn't defensive scrub. I don't even know who's explosion. I know I've got Lamar Jackson. That's the only person I know on my team. Yeah, and he he didn't have any touchdowns this week.
Speaker 7: The final score was one ten point six two to one oh nine point ninety eight, so it was even less than a point.
Speaker 3: Wow, you'll need but a ton to get the big.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think what lost you? The game logan is like, yeah, Calvin Ridley and who does want to buy? You would want if you just put one.
Speaker 3: Player in there.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know Calvin was on my team. Yeah that's good. I like Colvin and we played together in Atlanta. That's too bad.
Speaker 3: Who was my highest point getters? Uh?
Speaker 2: Jacobs had a game this week?
Speaker 3: He was what was he likes? Had a good game? Like anybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Stop like every digs in the league.
Speaker 7: You know, Joey Sly you got there?
Speaker 2: We go? And how about you? Who'd you lose to? Ryan?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I got killed.
Speaker 5: I didn't even break a hundred.
Speaker 2: Did break a hundred, so I would have beat you this week. Yeah, that's too bad. I should really start saying.
Speaker 3: It was a bad game for Pat Mahomes and man Tyree Hill. Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: They paced each other and both of them didn't play with a little bit of a defensive battle there. Most of my points from those two guys, I mean, Germany. Their crowd was out to change. Listen, it won't be long Befo. They be having their own pro team over there.
Speaker 1: So hopefully I'll win my h Hopefully I win my fantasy game. Yeah, probably not. I'm pretty bad anyway. Probably should just know who's on my team. That'd be helpful.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I think that's gonna do it for this episode.
Speaker 1: Make sure you tune it on Friday for the preview podcast of the Seattle Seahawks game. We're really looking forward to that. It makes sure you like him subscribe our future podcasts.
Speaker 2: You guys like this.
Speaker 1: Podcast, please make sure to check out our other podcast We got a ton of them. Get Loud with Fred Smoot and Michael Jenkins. You guys talk about Christmas Decker.
Speaker 3: Yes we need We talked about the Ginger bad Man case me if you can't catch me?
Speaker 2: If you can right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Was it all right?
Speaker 1: We also got The Next Man Up with Brian Colbert. He does a great job of getting you inside information about guys off.
Speaker 2: The field, which is a ton of fun.
Speaker 1: We've got The Players Club with London Fletcher and Santana Moss and this week who you got the.
Speaker 2: Old Airwolf The Old he's the young air Wolf Man, He's the young air Wolf.
Speaker 3: That's what he'll.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to check that out.
Speaker 1: And we've got the Command Center Special podcast with be Mitch and Santanamos live from Seattle Man.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a ton of fun. Make sure to check that out.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Can endors or any of their representatives.