Speaker 1: So everyone bought into the Golden Bachelor. I didn't watch it. I had one of the suitors on this podcast. But I've always taken issue with the fact that on the Bachelor, on the Bachelorette, you have people from different socioeconomic backgrounds, you have people from different political beliefs, religion just like the world. Of course, yes, but then you concentrate in this pressure cooker of alcohol and the bubble they call it, and then you give people these extraordinary circumstances, like you put two people together on the top of a mountain on amazing helicopter. They go hang gliding, they go skydiving, whatever it is that they do, but it is not reality and fantasy.
Speaker 2: They even have a fantasy suite.
Speaker 1: So people are expected to base a relationship which is all about reality. Like reality hits in life when you have to pay bills, when God forbid, you have a sick child, when someone is sick, when there's a death, when you have a mortgage, when you know, when the shit hits the fan, when you're cleaning up baby vomit, when in laws are coming, things like that, that's real life. When someone loses their job and you have this show that's based all in fantasy and hype, and having been on reality television, I know how much that experience can influence your decisions.
Speaker 2: You also are aware, acutely aware that.
Speaker 1: There's an audience watching you can it could be real, but it's only real based on what's going on, which is not real. And I think that the world has to start getting clued into the fact that divorce is at an astronomical rate because no one's living in reality.
Speaker 2: That's why I talk about prenups.
Speaker 1: That's why I talk about marriage being a business, divorce being a business, lawyers being for profit, people not discussing things that really matter, People that are very educated and successful being scared to ask a partner for a prenup, as if there's something wrong with it. But everybody's just leaning into the big dress and the ring and the fairy tale and all that, and everybody. We have to start educating our children on what really goes on, like a show should be talking about religious differences. Are you open to therapy? What would happen if you got a divorce, What would happen in custody?
Speaker 2: Do you want your kids to go to public or private school?
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you believe about strict religion, What kind of vacations do you like to go on? Where are you on education? Where are you on politics? Like people need to start getting their shit together. And it affects girls watching thinking that that's how our relationship should be and it's going to be a fantasy. They're leaning into the marketing, the neo layne ring, the verau Wang dress, the vacation that's you know, that's amazing and marketed. If anybody spent nearly as much time focusing on what really happens in a marriage, in a divorce, in a prenup, in all of it, in the pressure, in the money that people spend on these weddings, Like, that's what needs to be discussed. And it's not cute and it's not sexy, but it's reality. So next time you see people just getting engaged flipping through the magazines, tell them that they have to be educated on marital law. In the state that you live in, I was in a ten year divorce process millions and millions of dollars. And it doesn't matter whether you're rich or you're poor. You're a victim to the system. So the minute you sign the dotted line and sign a contract. With marriage, think about the fact that it's not all that it's marketed up to be. So, just like with going to college, some people don't go to college anymore because they're thinking about if they want several hundred thousand dollars in debt.
Speaker 2: It's their decision.
Speaker 1: You may want to go to college, you may want to be a doctor, you may want to be a lawyer. You may just want to go to college. That's your right, of course it is. It could be a beautiful experience, but think about it. You have to think about it because you may not want to be in debt college debt, student loan debt forever. So think about getting married because you may not want If fifty sixty percent of people end up in divorce, I would not invest in that business. The most ironic and interesting thing is that Kevin O'Leary always refers to relationships in a business way, and I used to think of a callous He'd ask me about something and he'd say, I don't know if i'd take that deal. I wouldn't do that deal about a relationship. He asks questions like, oh, you know, did you sign a prenup? Would you sign a prenup.
Speaker 2: What is he paying? What are you paying?
Speaker 1: It's not sexy because you know what he realizes, it's a fucking business.
Speaker 2: So you know what he's right. Decide whether or not you would take that deal.
Speaker 1: But on Shark Deech, we would not invest in something that had a sixty percent chance of failing. So you're investing in a romantic business that has a fifty to sixty percent chance in failing. You may as well get educated and stop watching this fantasy television, or just know that it's complete bullshit that two people that are raised a nurse and a landscaper as parents. Living modest means that when you go to a mountaintop in Greece and everything's paid for and you don't have to think about a bill, think about religion, think about therapy, think about anything besides getting late and looking cute. Of course, you're gonna make bad decisions, so get your shit together when it comes to relationships. Life is not a fantasy suite. Life is a reality suite. If someone is a devout spiritual person, they meditate for weeks on end at silent retreats.
Speaker 2: They are a monk. They have tea with the Dali Lama.
Speaker 1: They're not hanging out with Ben Affleck, j Loo and Kim Kardashian because I think Kim Kardashian is a lovely person, a hard worker and a beautiful girl, but she's not who I go to if I'm a spiritual being. And Jal is the hardest working woman in entertainment. And I love Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck in this amazing era of theirs. But I just would say that I wouldn't look to my spiritual leaders to be hanging out with a list celebrities on the met Gallus steps. I would think, like, why aren't you, you know, in India studying your spiritual craft. So I'm calling bullshit, But what was your first clue