Speaker 1: Dream Sequence is a production of iHeart Podcasts, Blumhouse Television, and Realm.
Speaker 2: Hey, I said you could morn until Thursday. It's Thursday. I brought you chicken nuggets. Take your time, not leaving until you clear that plate. Like, I know what you're going through. I know there's a voice in your head telling you that Josie is your fault. That voice is lying to you. Okay, don't listen to it, Listen to mine. Are you trying to say something? Take a sip. Shut up, I'll shut up when you get out of bed.
Speaker 3: I about won her.
Speaker 2: You saved my life.
Speaker 3: I killed her.
Speaker 2: Ever say that again, not to me, not to yourself. Do you understand we're in the middle of something k something new. Bad things are bound to happen.
Speaker 3: So is that what you call it? A bad thing?
Speaker 2: It's a tragedy.
Speaker 3: I'm not like you when bad things happen. I can't just go back to work.
Speaker 2: You think I'm not having a hard time.
Speaker 3: If you're going to give me a speech about being tough.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to do that. That would make me a bitch. I had my first manifold dream seven years ago, and I was in the forest and there were all these people there, and there was this little kid Ian. I knew his name because that's what his parents were screaming. The next day, I was walking down the street in Boston and I saw him Ian. He was with his parents, and they looked at me and they recognized me. I didn't say anything, and they didn't say anything. And then one night I saw them on the news. They died in their sleep. Someone just found them in their bedrooms. After that, I didn't dream for a long time. I almost forgot about it. And then one night I was back in the forest, and this time I was with mom and dad.
Speaker 3: That's why you came back to the house.
Speaker 2: I tried, kay, I tried so fucking hard to figure it out and do what I thought was best.
Speaker 4: Seven years, seven years wasted hating you, and you were right the whole time.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I am so sorry.
Speaker 2: Don't be my guy. Spent the last seven years hating me too, wondering what I could have done differently. I don't blame you for what you thought I did, or what you thought of me. Yours was the better bet.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't so stupid. When I think I'm being smart, that's when I'm the most stupid my whole life. I've wished I could be you, smart like you, making big decisions and doing the smart thing. That's just not me. I thought that it's true.
Speaker 2: I need you here. We're having a meeting in two hours. What's the point I expect you at the meeting. You're in the middle of this now too. You know what we're up against. I can't, Sadie. Does the name or word kit mean anything to you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: This is an over and I need you to help me figure it out or more people are going to After mom and dad died, I used my grave to build the marionaut What are you gonna do with yours? Be tough, Okay, bitch, This meeting is long overdue. I wanted to give everyone their own space to process what happened. I don't expect any of you to be one hundred percent right now. I understand that, just as I hope you understand. We have work to do.
Speaker 5: We don't have work to do. This is over. Two people are dead, what, Sadie.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to say this.
Speaker 5: To say it, then, it's not two deaths.
Speaker 2: It's four four confirmed Jesus Christ subjects one and two. Craig Ingram and Annabel Roft also killed themselves three days ago.
Speaker 6: They're not subjects, they're patience, my patience.
Speaker 2: Yes, patience, your patients. I'm sorry, really I am. From what I can tell from the police reports, they all killed themselves within about fifteen minutes of each other. When I said we have work to do, I wasn't talking about working on visuals for the mayonaut I was talking about tracking down patients three through six Anders they were your patients. Can you make some calls?
Speaker 6: Why didn't you tell me when you first knew.
Speaker 2: I only found out a couple hours ago. Make your calls.
Speaker 7: What are we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Animal suicide note was one word a Craigs was also one word more Josie's one word kit. Does that mean anything to any of you? Does anybody have anything? Anything at all?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: I was mister Bricks therapist during a recent sleep study for his parasomnia.
Speaker 9: You did a great job.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I'm inquiring.
Speaker 9: John's dead. He killed himself.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 9: Help me with something. He left a suicide note. One word to you. That's it. Nothing else?
Speaker 5: Die more, Kit, It's nonsense.
Speaker 7: It's missing words they're all.
Speaker 5: Dead, aren't they.
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think they collaborated on their suicide notes?
Speaker 2: Impossible? Then what what do you think?
Speaker 7: We have a real deal problem here. We don't have time to indulge in your weird ass fantasy theories about ghouls and goblins.
Speaker 2: If that's what you think, then you're five. I hurt straight up. Get the fuck out of here. You're talking about time. I don't have time to debate this shit anymore.
Speaker 7: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm fucking serious.
Speaker 3: Before you fire anybody, why don't you let me show them the raw data for May seventeenth.
Speaker 6: I'm terribly sorry.
Speaker 9: He was a piece of shit.
Speaker 8: If it means anything, I enjoyed his company very much. I have a daughter who's an addict. I learned a lot from your son. He said you were a good man, and he let you down, and he wanted to do better for you.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Seven thousand cardiac debts during sleep in one.
Speaker 3: Night, and that's just in the US.
Speaker 10: Did you say that Adrian started at sixteen years old? Six six year old cardiac arress.
Speaker 3: I'm not making it up. You can look at the documents yourself. They're right in front of you.
Speaker 7: The majority of these people had congenital heart defects.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you heard about a six year old having a heart attack for any reason?
Speaker 7: You told me to look at the data. I'm looking at the data.
Speaker 3: Manifold targeted the week. That's what predators do.
Speaker 7: And you're the first person to put this all together.
Speaker 3: No, actually there are others. What's this face you're giving me right now?
Speaker 7: When I was young, I had an older cousin. He was very obsessive, very smart. He calls me over in a manicked state, and he has one hundred books on UFOs open on his floor. He's trying to convince me it's all real. He wants to take me outside, but not until we're adorned in desert camo. He points into the night sky and says, there's a large UFO hovering in the distance, shining its light down on earth. I looked, and you know what, I saw, nothing but a clear sky and spotlights from a car dealership. To answer your question, that's the face I'm giving you right now.
Speaker 2: Give us the answer. Then.
Speaker 7: The first answer is preferring ignorance to error. The second is a series of coincidences like these suicide notes, random words, and you think there's a deep message in it. There isn't. Bad shit just happens.
Speaker 2: That's still not an answer.
Speaker 7: Doctor Andrews secretly he's an evil genius, and when we think he's trying to help these patients, instead he's convincing them to commit suicide. But first he tells them to write down a word for him. He thinks it will distract his coworkers from what he's done.
Speaker 3: You don't actually believe that.
Speaker 7: I describe to you an actual, real possibility is something that's actually been done before, and you act like it's the crazier one next years.
Speaker 2: Doctor anders is not a psycho.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: Then your theory has been disproven, unlike mine.
Speaker 7: I guess I can't so Morgan, please talk some sense into them.
Speaker 5: Tell them I've seen things you haven't. What concon no other things?
Speaker 7: Not you too, Morgan?
Speaker 5: Have you talked to Delahan? Are those two people okay?
Speaker 3: You're dead? The same thing happened seven years ago, a few people picked off before the main event. History is repeating itself.
Speaker 8: Johnny Brooks Hechtor, him and Eliza Mason are deceased. I have been unable to get in contact with the survivors of Helen Pazzetti.
Speaker 2: Did they leave notes? They did one word Johnny's was two spelling to.
Speaker 6: Hector's was come, and Eliza's was May.
Speaker 2: Helen Pizzetti was a loner, right, no family, no friends, just coworkers.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: More come die kid to May.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm Andelique Pizzetti, Helen Pazzetti's sister. I heard she hasn't been coming into work. Shit, I have to call you back.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 2: Yes, how are you?
Speaker 3: Mister kingship fantastic?
Speaker 9: I'd ask you how you are, but my main concern is where you are.
Speaker 2: I am at the facility.
Speaker 9: Considering the nature of this call, don't you think it would be prudent to talk in a place with all your sisters recording devices.
Speaker 2: President, I'll step outside and call you back.
Speaker 3: I get it. You don't believe in any of this, but you can still help us.
Speaker 7: Morgan, you're really on board the crazy train.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure it's the crazy train anymore?
Speaker 7: Fine, do you really think one more suicide note is going to make this series of random words make any sense.
Speaker 5: Let's just get as far as we can.
Speaker 7: The words need to be rearranged hit me.
Speaker 3: That pen and paper.
Speaker 10: More die to come. Maybe it's just bad grammar, a death threat, move the.
Speaker 7: Other one may come die Kit? The game I A die.
Speaker 3: You Okay, I'm fine. Did you get anything I did?
Speaker 6: Seventeenth, May seventeenth.
Speaker 3: Die more to come May seventeenth.
Speaker 5: Kit still doesn't make any sense, but it's definitely a threat.
Speaker 8: It's saying more will die on May seventeenth. That much is certain.
Speaker 3: Sadie, did you say Josie's note was Kit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just hit me.
Speaker 3: It's one of the last things we said to each other before she left the facility. It's not KIT, it's K, I T keep in touch.
Speaker 2: It's taumpting us.
Speaker 5: The die part doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Well, that doesn't require much interpretation, does it, does it?
Speaker 8: You know? The hardest thing about English is that a series of letters might sound one way if they're connected to something, and another way by themselves.
Speaker 7: What's your point?
Speaker 8: Maybe it's not die, Maybe it's d D is what my mom and dad used to call me. That makes the full message sad more to come May seventeenth, Keep in touch?
Speaker 4: Shit?
Speaker 6: What does manifold want?
Speaker 2: What every organism wants to thrive, but to do that it has to go through us, us specifically, or like humanity, first one then the other. I think of a relationship with the next most of old species, how we dominate it. That's what this organism is to us, the next level, and it wants dominion. We have something going for us, though, what's that? It's juvenile. It's a toddler grasping at anything, seeing what it's capable of, what it can get away with. It doesn't know. That's why its behavior is unfocused. It's more powerful than we are, but less developed as a species. That's why it's important that we.
Speaker 3: What the hell.
Speaker 2: It's a perimeter breach, probably a deer. Hang on, I'm gonna pull the security com feeds on my phone.
Speaker 7: That's no deer.
Speaker 2: No, that's some fucking asshole with a camera.
Speaker 7: What's he doing what most people do with cameras?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but why.
Speaker 3: Should we stop him or something?
Speaker 2: Don't bother. It's too late.
Speaker 3: He's gone.
Speaker 5: Play it back, pause it. He looks familiar.
Speaker 2: Does anyone recognize him?
Speaker 3: Holy shit? I do. I met him at con Gone.
Speaker 11: He said his name was Roach. He was asking me all these questions about you, sady. Can I talk to you in private? What's going on? Don't say nothing. Who is that guy outside?
Speaker 5: Do you know him?
Speaker 2: Not specifically, not personally.
Speaker 5: Just tell me.
Speaker 2: I messed up?
Speaker 5: How bad?
Speaker 2: Pretty bad?
Speaker 5: What did you do? What did you do in this relationship? I've had the hard part, not you. Who is that guy outside?
Speaker 2: FDA, FBI? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Why would someone from the government be spying on us?
Speaker 2: This experiment isn't approved.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean it's never been approved by anybody. No one knows about it, no one except for me and Kingship.
Speaker 5: I saw the Institutional Review Board documents.
Speaker 2: I faked them. Oh my god, I lied to you. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: They can take everything from us. Then it won't even be hard.
Speaker 2: Why because we don't have time to wait.
Speaker 10: Do you know what this looks like without approval from the board, and eight dead people will look like Nazi scientists.
Speaker 5: This is why there are rules.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, on some level, you must have known there was no fast track status. You must have known that was bullshit, and you look the other way because you didn't want to wait either.
Speaker 10: It must be so sad to be you. You think the world's populated by a bunch of sades. It's such a better place than that.
Speaker 2: I'm always the one who's had to make the hard decisions, that that burden has always fallen on me, and you get the luxury to sit around and judge. You're standing there thinking, how dare you guess?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: So am I?
Speaker 5: This isn't right? You aren't right?
Speaker 2: Gone to your head? Yes or no? Do you think Benifold is real?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: That's why I did what I did. I don't know who that guy is outside. I don't know how close he is to ruining my life. What I do know is something is going to happen on May seventeenth, So please put that other shit aside, just for a few more days and help me.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you always do this. What's the plan?
Speaker 2: We need to kill this thing as soon as possible, before it matures, before it knows just what it's capable of. We need another patient for the marionaut.
Speaker 7: You're kidding?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 3: Who? Who else?
Speaker 6: Morgan me?
Speaker 1: You're listening to dream Sequence, written and created by Andrew Martin Robinson, directed by Dave Beasley and John Brooks. Executive producers are Molly Barton, John Brooks, Dave Beasley, and Marcy Wiseman. For realm Alex Williams, Matt Frederick and Trevor Young for iHeart Podcasts, Chris Dicky and Noah Feinberg for Blumhouse Television, starring Jesse Case and Alice Kremmelberg, with performances by Shalinie, Bethina Einer, Gunn, Nick Osborne, Winifred, Annekincannon, Tara Brown, Emily Barry, Linnelle Scott, Shannon McClung, Dave Huber, Hugo Armstrong, Cooper, Tomilson, Joel Haberlee, samaj Miller, Dean Simone and Brian Fiddie. Additional voices by Patrick Higney, Fred Greenhoalch, John Brooks, Christina Telesca and Kaylan West. Casting by Sunday Bowling, Kennedy CSA and Meg Mormon CSA. Producers for A Realm are Fred Greenholg, Marcus Thorne, Bagala and Rhoda Bayessa. Associate producer Michael Colter, Production manager Devin Sheppard, Production coordinator Angela Yee. Dialogue editing by Corey Barton, Sound design by roy o'shay Dan Powell and Kaylan West. Final mix by Kaylan West. Original score composed by Marcus Thorne. Bagala Songs for Josie by Kaylan West. Recorded at Real Voice Los Angeles and Citybox.
Speaker 5: New York City.
Speaker 1: This podcast was recorded under a SAG after collective bargaining agreement. Dream Sequence is a production of iHeart Podcasts, Blumhouse Television, and Realm. Find more great podcasts by visiting the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or where wherever you listen to your favorite show.