Speaker 1: This is the OTP.
Speaker 2: I'm Amy Wells, joined by coach Mac and RTT Brian are resident draft experts. I feel like every time I intro you, I need to get a little bit better. I don't know what the ultimate one is going to be when we finish these position previews.
Speaker 1: You started as gurus, now you're experts.
Speaker 3: Well, all of them are exaggerations.
Speaker 1: Let's just get definitely, let's get that out by the end. I don't know what you are, master's wizards.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you'll be something by the end of this.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 2: We are continuing on through our draft preview series where we are taking a deeper dive into some of the names that you should know in every position group ahead of the twenty five NFL Draft. If you haven't heard the first couple, you need to go back and listen to them because they're very helpful and there's a lot of good information in there. It's all things defense. So you can head over to Tennessee Titans dot com. You can get to them there. They're on the Titans YouTube channel. That would be a great place to watch them. If you like to consume a podcast in a more visual manner or you can get them wherever you get.
Speaker 1: Your podcasts like rate subscribe. There you go and do all of those things when you're there.
Speaker 2: We are moving on now to offense, and I guess we ended at the line of scrimmage with defense, so that is where we should pick up on offense. We're talking about the big boys up front the offensive line. It feels like maybe we should do this like interior offensive lineman and then tackles because there's there's a lot of names to know within those two different position groups. There's a lot to discuss. So are you guys ready?
Speaker 3: I am, But to that point, Amy, yeah, this draft more than any other last year, it was really heavy and true offense. He tackles. There's a lot of crossover guys in this one that played tackle in college. They're going to move into that center guard triangle probably at this level.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good thing to point out because it is every year it's a little bit different in terms of where people are going to be and along the offensive line. There's so many different nuances to the different positions. So rehtt do you want to get us started with some of your names to know within the interior offensive line?
Speaker 4: Now sure, and this guy's a guard. He started twenty five games left guard for the Alabama Crimson tied Tyler Booker six four and five eighths, three hundred and twenty one pounds, eleven inch hands whoa thirty four and a quarter arms wing eighty three and a half inches, and then in his testing at that size six four almost sixty five three twenty one he ran five three eight and the forty one to nine to six in the first ten four eight to four in a short shuttle seven nine to six, and a three cone twenty seven inch vertical leap seven to ten broad twenty one reps at two twenty. He's one of the pre eminent interior guys. He's more likely a guard in this thing. You're gonna see some of these guys that maybe even play guard switch to center in this you know. So, as Mack was talking about, he's one that starts right off at the top of the list. There's another guy to Max point about, a guy who played tackle in college that may be more suited to move in side, and that's Jonas Savanea from Arizona four nine to five and the forty one seven two in his first ten four to six six in the short shuttle twenty nine inch vertical leap eight ten broad. He started at Arizona as a right guard as a true freshman. Then the last two seasons he's been the right tackle. So he started all thirty six games in his career and the bulk of them at right tackle, over twenty four hundred snaps for the Wildcats. And there's an idea that he may work inside and he would actually be a swing player that plays a couple of different positions. And then the last one is Tate Ratledge from Georgia, and we know because of the big mustache and the curly mullet. And honestly, when I showed Mac a headshot of this kid, I was like, he looks like Mike Didga's grandson. He would very much look like Coach Didked did back in the eighties when young Coach Mack was coaching. He had a big nugget sitting on his shoulders. I know that a big nugget, not a red nugget. Tate Ratleice is six six and a half three ozho eight hands ten and three eights, arms thirty two and a quarter wing seventy nine and a quarter four nine seven in the forty one, seven to two in the first ten, seven three eight in the three cone, thirty two inch vertical, nine to five in the broad. Fourteen games at guard in twenty twenty two, twelve in twenty twenty three, missed four games in twenty twenty four with tightrope surgery on his ankle, and he had another thing his first career start in twenty twenty one against Clemson uh list frank injury that ended his seasons. We had one career start there. And then there's a local tie with this. His father is a very well known high school football coach in the state of Tennessee and Cleveland, Tennessee, and in Georgia, Dean Ratlich, who was a star of his own right up the road in Cookville at Tennessee Tech. His dad played there in the seventies. Very good ballplayer. But those are my guys on the inside.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think that the guys on the inside are so interesting because there's a lot of attention and conversation around the tackle position. But Mac, you talk about the center guard triangle all the time. That's where that lives. Like that's such an important part of protection of it's kind of the fulcrum of a whole offense.
Speaker 3: Who's getting paid on defense nowadays, and you're looking at the massive defensive tackles, the three techniques to play on the outside shoulder of the guard, the shade that plays between the center and the guard, because the quickest way to the quarterback as fast as the football is coming out now in offenses, I mean these arepos that the ball is coming out really fast. It's hard to get there from the edge. If quarterbacks are not holding the ball, then your best area to be able to get pressure is up the middle. So all the money that's being paid now to defensive interior players in the National Football League, just take a look at your salary cap where there's a lot of money there. Your center guard triangle has got to be got to be stout. What you would like to have, which you'll hear most clubs talk about, is that like every one of their offensive linemen to have tackle feet and then be able to move into that center guard triangle, because that's it's becoming more and more what you want. The first guy I've got here is Gray Zabel from North Dakota State. This guy is the quintessential guy that's going to move in that played tackle at North Dakota State. He's sixty six three twelve thirty two inch arms. And remember what I said, because this is going to be a reason he's moving inside. Nine and a half hands, thirty six and a half vertical and a nine to three broad That's extreme explosion for an offensive linean bench press twenty six rips that this is. This guy has got exactly what you want. He's you talk about somebody that's got natural anchor. We talked about what anchor was. This guy has got natural anchor. He's very aware with what's going on as far as games going on up up in front of him. He can get to the second level with his blocks. He can hold off defensive tackles, stands his ground tremendously well. Got great leg strength, got great lower body strength. His two hand punch is devastating. I mean, he can crush your chest, which is what you want. You know, it's devastating with that. And he also plays with a lot of nastiness, which I love and you've got you've got to like that. He didn't allow very many pressures there at that level of the ball, but he's got short arms. He's got short arms. He played tackle at that level at North Dakota State, but thirty two inch arms in the National Football League, that's hard to compensate for out there on the edge. He may not move inside to God, he may move inside all the way to center. He may go all the way to center when somebody drafts him. But I think this guy has got a chance to be taken somewhere in the bottom of the first round possible.
Speaker 2: Didn't Peter Skronsky have short arms. I feel like we've had this conversation before.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a truth. And Peter Scornsky was a left tackle, but and he needed to move inside, which is a perfect spot, you know, for him. And this guy, though they played him at center in the Senior Bowl, didn't miss a beat. Yeah, all the one on ones at the Senior Bowl, he was really good. They played him at guard, so grey's abel. Remember that name from North Dakota State. Next guy is Marcus Bowl from Perdue. Six' four three oh, three thirty two inch, arms ten and a half hands bigger than. Yours. Amy, okay this guy is a really good, athlete quick, feet his techniques against any type of pass rusher are really. Diverse he's got, violent violent, hands really violent, hands very rarely misses with a. Punch he can hold off speed. Rushers he's an athletic run. Blocker he's got range to, Pull he's got a competitive edge to, him and all these guys on the inside have to have. That he lacks a little bit of. Mass he's three oh. Three that's not real heavy for what's going on. Now there's a lot of times where you will see him struggling to fit up blocks and gain control when his opponent gets on him. Quick but this guy is going to be a player in this. League but he will be a player on the.
Speaker 2: Inside can we pause and define violent? Hands BECAUSE i feel, like and here's.
Speaker 3: What i'm saying about that you've got to strike. First whoever strikes first and gets inside leverage with their hands usually wins the. Snap, Okay and to be able to get inside leverage, first you've got to be able to strike, first and it's got to be. Violent you've got to be able to have a heart stopping punch to be able to get them not to get to their second. Move that's extremely, important and again that comes from lower. Bodies. Strength it comes from the coordination between the lower body flex to punching. Out that's why again all of, these all of these explosive drills are so important to. Measure but the violent, hands especially there and on the defensive, front that's that's something you're looking. For if somebody has passive, hands if you've got white, hands then you're giving your chest. Up if you give your chest up like a billboard on the highway and let them just drill and let them just drill your stern, them then you're gonna lose that That you're gonna lose that Rep so that's what violent hands are.
Speaker 1: For, okay continue, On i'm, SORRY i, INTERRUPTED.
Speaker 3: I will all. Right Got Jared wilson From georgia six three three, ten a little over thirty two thirty two and three eighths, arms ten and three quarter hands again big. Mints what you're looking for a four eight, forty a one to seven to two, split which is excellent for a three hundred and ten, pounder thirty two edge vertical nine to four Broad his pass blocking is really. Good he's got WHAT i think is advanced hand. Usage he can drop his hips and sink his anchor really, well he drops his. Hip he doesn't play straight, legged which is which is really. Important he's got a, good strong white. Base he's got grip. Strength talk about ten and three quarter inch, Hands he's got big mints being able to do. That he can land a two hand punch with. Extension he doesn't miss much with his. Punches, amy he's fluid sliding his. Feet he can get overpowered some at the point of. Attack watch him in a game Against Walter, nolan who we talked about in the previous days as a three technique a defensive. Tackle Walton nolan could beat him with a quick. Move so he's going to have to work on that being able to counter. That and to, me this guy is going to be a good interior, player but he's got some technique stuff he's got to work. Out all, Right all?
Speaker 2: Right is there a player in this group that could go maybe a little bit higher or fall a little bit further than, expected depends.
Speaker 3: On who's drafting. Them, YEAH i mean you you just don't. KNOW i mean what what people? Want you? Know you just, you you just don't.
Speaker 2: Know this summer Seat geek has your ticket to the best live concerts In nashville At Nissan. Stadium See geek has the best seat your seat for an unforgettable. Summer From Rock royalty To Rap SUPERSTARS r AND b to country find it all on Sea geek the official ticketing partner Of Nissan. Stadium Little caesars is the official pizza partner of Your Tennessee. Titans download The Little caesars app and get your favorites delivered. Today delivery fees apply now back to THE otp.
Speaker 3: You tackle. List Will campbell FROM, Lsu, yeah this is a. Guy there's gonna be a debate about where he's gonna go TO a good one six six three nineteen nine and a half hand arm link thirty two and five, eighths wingspan is seventy seven and three eights with a little note here That ritt put on my sheet because he's a notes. Guy shortest wing of any tackle at the combined since twenty.
Speaker 4: ELEVEN i gave him a nugget to.
Speaker 3: Delivery gave him a ret nugget BECAUSE i, MEAN i recognize a ret nugget WHEN i see.
Speaker 1: It oh, wow that is interesting, Though, no it, IS.
Speaker 3: I mean, it and it's relevant to probably as to where he's gonna be drafted and to where he's gonna play four nine to eight in the forty one seven six ten yards, split thirty two inch, vertical nine to five, broad great hand usage in pass. Pro he can, sink he can. BEND i would say he's got above average play. Strength leverage issues are not a problem because he's got really good. Footwork, uh he's got good, range he's got good Band he's not a lower body stiff player at. All he can locate his targets in, space and that's. Important it's important for as much as you're playing penn and pool, now which is means you're down blocking and you're pulling linemen to that to block in. Space the penning pull schemes are. Big now he can he can do, that but his weaknesses are he's legitimate thirty three inch arms and so he's likely going to convert to guard in The National Football. League that's just the. Truth but his movement skills are, adequate but they're not elite all, right in my humble. Opinion so to be able to survive on the, edge he's got a real small margin for. Air that margin for air gets a lot bigger once he moves inside to that center guard, triangle because the difference is when you're playing offensive, tackle there is no population out. There it's using and, air you and air and an. Opponent there's population on the. Interior you can get. Help you can get help from the, right you can get help from the. Left the closer you move, in the more chance you've got to utilize population around. YOU i think that's Where Will campbell's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Interesting that's a good point about just having people there to provide. Support you don't think about, it but it makes a tremendous amount of.
Speaker 4: Sense, well it's part of the reason why they come about running the, ball passing the, ball Executing it takes all, eleven but it certainly takes those five.
Speaker 3: Well and and that's why you'll hear in draft rooms all the time talking about is he a good space? Player is the population? PLAYER i mean those things, Matter, yeah you know they matter with skill. Sets next guy Is Josh simmons From Ohio state six five three seventeen ten inch Hand you can see all of these, guys these bigger, guys they got big, paws arm link thirty, three wingspan of Eighty his pass sets and light feet are exactly what you want is footwork got a lot better this. Year he can. Recover his anchor is really. GOOD i mean it improved. Too he's got, range he's got good hip. Flexibility we talk about. That one of the drills they do at the combine that nobody that you don't get to, see but they measure. It they'll have the offensive linemen stand up their, feet shoulder with the, part and then hands straight out and then just, bend just bend down as far as they can without. Teetering if you've got a big dude that can go up and down like a yo yo without, teetering you'll see some of these guys start down and then their center of gravity either goes, forward it either goes to the side that's. Measured they measured to see, THAT i, mean and they film it because that's that's that's important to. Know try it sometime in front of your. Mirror, OKAY i. Will you're married to an offensive. Lineman he can probably go bounce up and down.
Speaker 1: Easy, YEAH i bet he probably.
Speaker 3: Can they probably can. Now he missed half a twenty twenty fourth knee. INJURY a lot of times we talked about hand. Placement he plays with his hands a little bit wide at. Times that can be a, problem and he has some trouble in space locating. People but this guy, here somebody's gonna Draft hi pretty high because he's got some requisite foot skills to. Survive all. Right the next guy is the guy that kind of impressed me at the at the senior bout all of us when we saw. Him It's Anthony belton From North Carolina. State he's a legitimate. Giant he's six six three thirty six ten and a quarter, hand thirty four inch, arms eighty two inch. Wingspan article jump is twenty nine and a. Half that's a lot to get three thirty six off the ground that high broad jump at eight. Eleven this guy's enormous. Tackle he's got tremendous play strength he's. Got he's a raw power. Player his side of the line of, scrimmage he will completely collapse it down if he's working off of a down. Block we talk about pin and, pull he's the pin. Guy he can collapse. It. Uh he consistently lands good hand. Punches. Uh he's just he's just a beast out there on the edge. Now as big as he, is he's got heavy, feet so he. Doesn't he's not a dancing bear out. There he's he's, got he's. Got he's got heavy, feet and, again a lot of times because he gets a little bit top, heavy he'll have some balance. Issues, okay, now.
Speaker 1: A heavy feet good or?
Speaker 4: Bad?
Speaker 3: Bad Fat when.
Speaker 4: You want feet like a tackle like he's talking, about you want blue, Feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got to. Move when you've Watched North Carolina state scheme, wise they gave him a lot of inside help to take care of of stunts and those types of. Things if you want a guy that can just completely engulf people on the edge and you do a lot of stuff where he doesn't have to chase people in, space this is your. GUY i think when he comes into the, league if he gets a little bit more technique, coaching you can work with some of. That he's a maler on the. Outside he's a lot like you. Know this, year one of the big talks in the league was When Makai becton moved from the left tackle where he said that's what he, was and they finally moved him inside there At philly and he was a devastating monster at. Guard won The Super bowl with him in. There he really helped that offensive. Line he's gonna be an interior lineman now to begin. With but this guy is a lot like What beckton, was not as accomplished early, on but he's a monster on the. Edge just remember this Named Anthony. Belton somebody's gonna take. Him last guy on my list Arionte ursery From, minnesota another. Giant when these guys stand above the guys when they're in a group out, there then you know they're.
Speaker 1: Giants, yeah because they're all.
Speaker 3: Big just like watching AN nba basketball game from, courtside you, know you realize how big they are because on television they all look the same, size, right because they are with the same size as giant six six three point thirty, one nine and a half, hands eighty two. Wing this guy's an athlete five flat in the forty wow twenty nine and a half, vertical nine to three broad. Jump he's got good, size, length good heavy. Hands heavy hands are, good, Right, yes heavy hands are. Good heavy feet are. Bad just remember.
Speaker 1: That write that down. Everybody he's fluid in the.
Speaker 3: Hips he's got some straight line. Explosiveness uh sometimes now he's six y six plays a little. Tall his anchor can get, compromised and for some, reason when you look at the tape from twenty twenty three to twenty twenty, four his run blocking consistency was a little better in twenty twenty. Three and the other thing, is occasionally on this guy we talk about waste, benders you will see him falling. Forward so he's gonna have to work On he's gonna have to work on. That but, again there's not many humans walking the earth that are sixty six three thirty one that could run like he. Can so, right Arionte, Ursery Minnesota Golden, Gopher.
Speaker 1: Fast, fast, fast all, RIGHT. Rtt who are your your tackles to?
Speaker 4: Know Kelvin, Banks, Junior Texas longhorn six five and an, eighth three point fifteen, hands ten and three, eights arm thirty three and a half wing eighty four and three eights who he did five to one six in the forty one seven nine in his first, ten seven eight one in the three, cone thirty two inch vert eight eight broad at six five and an eighth and three point fifteen wow started forty two games at left tackle for The. Longhorns twenty twenty Four Lombardi award, winner so comes with pretty good pedigree. There the next one is a guy we saw at The Senior bowl and again at The combine Is Josh connerley From. Oregon Josh connery six four and five, eights three, eleven, hands ten and three, eights, arm thirty three and a half wing eighty two and a quarter five oh five and the forty one seven one of the first ten thirty four and a half inch vertical leap eight seven broad but thirty four and a half inch vert for a guy that's nearly six five three eleven pretty. Good twenty eight starts at left tackle for The, ducks allowed just one quarterback sack in over five hundred past block reps in each of his last two. Seasons and then the last one is the guy that may have helped himself more than anybody this this. Offseason he got sick the week of The Senior, bowl had to, leave but put on a great show at The. Combine and that's Armand membu From missouri six' four and a quarter three thirty, two hands nine and, three quarters arm thirty three and a half wing. Eighty two and you're talking about a guy that four nine one in the forty at six four and a quarter three thirty two so athlete there won seven to four in his first ten a thirty four inch vertical leap and with thirty three and a half, inch arms did thirty. One reps at two twenty five started thirty games For the tigers at. Right tackles he may be because it's not a. Straight up this guy's a tackle tackle tackle like we had at the top of last. Year's draft he may be the first. Tackle taken now He's A.
Speaker 3: Missoo. Tiger woo amy donates nil Money. To miszoo, Well, Done, amy yeah. Well done sure she's paying the.
Speaker 2: Right One hey, titans fans With A kroger, boost membership you'll score big with double, fuel points, free delivery and. Lots more go to kroger dot com slash boost. For, details kroger the official grocer Of The. Tennessee titans Tight up home is the forefront of all. We do it's why we're so committed to caring for the places and spaces in which we work. And, live ashley the official furniture provider Of The. Tennessee titans now back TO.
Speaker 1: The otp can we talk.
Speaker 2: About forty times for offensive linemen because never outside of something seriously wrong. Going down do you see an offensive lineman running for forty yards at? Any point what are you able to glean from the forty times for?
Speaker 1: Offensive lineman nothing.
Speaker 3: Seriously ten yards, split right.
Speaker 4: Ten yards THAT'S why i mentioned that with an inmphus one seven four and at first ten for armand membu it's six four and a quarter three.
Speaker 3: Thirty ten it's a ten. Yard split and you'll, if you if you ever go to, the combine you will see that they have official timers and they have the electronic timing set at, the ten set at, the twenty and said at. The forty when you're at, the combine this is just a little bit of the inside teams draw for the road that they're. Timing, from really You think i've never told you?
Speaker 1: Lie, YET well i mean that's certainly, not True but i've told.
Speaker 4: Me that this, is Interesting so, ot people you're getting the.
Speaker 3: Goods here so that's a. Mac nugget because they have a section set up and, if anybody any civilian ever comes in and sits left of where, they're timing the whole. Thing stops they get, yelled at they, get shamed have to leave now because they want line, of sight they want line, of sight they want line of sight on. The start and then there are people that are they're just to time, the ten just to time, the twenty just to time. The forty you draw for, your row you have to sit in that row of the. Whole combine so my point being when the big, linemen go the, first thing that the first thing that they, will relay because, you know they all they all relay the numbers that they've got and they check is for the, big dudes is.
Speaker 2: The ten interesting look at that, little insight but it makes a lot of sense that that the full forty time wouldn't really, mean well.
Speaker 3: But you have one that runs on unusual times like that the under five flat for those, big men then you know you've got. An athlete you know you've got. An athlete is.
Speaker 2: There anybody that has an incredibly high ceiling or an extraordinarily high ceiling in, this group like somebody who really the sky's the limit for them and what they're able to do once they get to the next level and kind of get their feet on.
Speaker 4: The ground it remains to be seen for me in, this draft in, my opinion because there's just not that many. Straight, up yep that's, A, tackle yep that's. A. Starter yep it's a little different in this.
Speaker 3: THE guy i will bring Up his. Gray's abel he's really good on. The, interior yeah because he was the most consistent with pads on that everybody got to see against decent, you know he had to move up from the level that he played against the people that he was competing against In The, senior bowl and he not only was consistent during that time against that type of defensive, front competition but also very very consistent during.
Speaker 2: The week is it easier or is it more complicated when there's not the clear cut division where a lot of guys could kind of it be in that gray area of.
Speaker 5: Playing in either that's that's that's that's Pretty much amy decided, for them and they're, they're talked you know that they and the representative are talked to them about it before any of this ever.
Speaker 3: Ever happens they don't surprise anybody. With anything they don't just bring him in, And, say okay all of, a sudden. You're here they they've talked, like you but you're. A, center yeah they have talked, about it and some of them have even worked, at it and a lot of these guys that are training at these at these offensive line guru places now across, the country which, there are there's some really. Good ones once they go into the post season workouts that they're doing wherever, they're training then clubs and the scouts, will say work.
Speaker 4: Him here let me ask you this following up. Your question we talked a lot about players in, this pod IN this otp about guys going outside. The end arm length is the tail tale and a lot. Of that are there any other factors that can make a guy move inside or is just arm length maybe one of the main? Ear marks?
Speaker 3: Arm length, foot fire, arm length, Foot fire how good are? Your feet how quick are? Your feet? Arm length everybody's looking for tackle feet and then you work.
Speaker 2: That way there's so much to watch as this draft gets closer, and closer there are so many different things that still, could happen and there are so many position groups that are just full of interesting stories and just. Incredible athletes and this is as we get closer and we go further and further and deeper and deeper into these, Positional previews i'm getting more and more excited about this draft class just because there's really some interesting options and opportunities and GUYS that i can't wait to.
Speaker 1: See plays there's.
Speaker 3: Always good players of, the, DRAFT yeah i mean they're, just there, just are and some, of them, you know maybe, different spots but there. Always ARE and i think we've talked earlier about the belly of. THIS draft yep through, seventy seven, seventy eight you got a chance to get. Some, players, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well there's more positions to. Talk about this concludes our episode about the. Offensive line but we are, not, Done friends we are. Not done the next episode OF The Otp Our position preview series is going to be wide receivers and, tight Ends and i'm very much looking forward to that because you want to talk about some, crazy athletes this draft. Has them So For, ret bryan For, Coach Mac I'm. Amy wells thank you for tuning in to this EDITION. Of botp