Speaker 1: Hey, well, welcome back to Betcher Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena and we are here today with Zoe Zoe. This is your third time on Betchler Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Ye, thank you.
Speaker 1: How you doing today?
Speaker 2: We're good, We're good. Back to reality and.
Speaker 3: Are you in New York right now?
Speaker 2: Yes? I just moved to the Lower East Side, so oh do you like it? Yeah, it's really nice. I got a roommate now, but a much bigger apartment and saving money, so win wins all around.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: That's the goal in New York is more space, less money.
Speaker 1: What did you What did you do for the premiere?
Speaker 2: I last minute got all my people together. I have like a bartending friend and like a friendly ones in an events space, so yeah, I got like thirty people out. We all watched it. I made snacks and shark body boards and made them all watching on TV. So oh that's so fun. What was the reaction? Were they so excited? Yeah, it's kind of funny. Everyone just like they get so excited even if you don't like really do anything. They're just like excited to see you on TV. So it's fun and have to like It's also nice in New York to have reasons to get everyone back together, as you guys probably know, like corralling people can be tough.
Speaker 1: Have you have you did you watch? Did you ever watch Paradise prior to going on?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh you never? Have you ever seen an episode?
Speaker 2: So literally, when they asked me to go on Paradise and I said yes, I was like, I should probably watch it at least one season and I could like barely make it through a season. Not gonna lie, I don't do Like I don't really watch all UCV, but I watched a couple of tidbits in there. I think was it like season six? I watched pretty good chunk of it? Okay, okay, nice?
Speaker 1: Any did you I was gonna say, did you notice the difference from your season? How different it is now?
Speaker 2: Oh? I would say there was a lot of difference. We had win lower cast numbers, which was like crazy yeah, and not many surprises either, which like for me, was kind of upsetting because I wanted to like I didn't want to go in there and be like, oh, I have my eye specifically on this person, Like I wanted to be like shocked and like, you know, be surprised, and I mean way better at the Cinity. I actually was not gonna go if it was like last time, because I heard there was horrible bugs and I'm super ecniphobic as we know, and I don't mind. I don't like ac so that wasn't a draw to me. But I do like good food and a bougerie place, so I was happy to be there.
Speaker 3: So you come off Grant Season, which wasn't that long ago. What was life like between finishing Grant Season and then going to Paradise?
Speaker 1: It was so.
Speaker 2: Quick, I mean you mean like filming or like once it was done airing, it was maybe like two months. So it's like I could barely even start to date again. And then I was like, well, people know if you're in a Paradise. So I just kind of like kept to myself. I We're just trying to work. I do modeling, like freelance work right now, and just getting all my outfits together, trying to get back into shape, just you know, really prepare for it and like set myself up to be gone for a few weeks.
Speaker 3: And what was your mindset going into the season. Did you have, like were you feeling good? Do you have any goals. Were you feeling nervous? Obviously you had kind of like a rollercoaster ride on Grant season, So yeah, what were the things that you took away from that season and then how are you going into this new season?
Speaker 2: On Grant season, it was just things tumbled very quickly, and like I definitely got ganged up on a lote. I think that just put me like such a negative mindset the entire time that I wanted to go and hear like clear headed, like I had my people like Bailey and stuff that I knew were going to be there, and being able to go in with like more security and like familiarity. I was like less on edge, So that really helped me. And I just wanted to be really open to finding.
Speaker 1: Love, like.
Speaker 2: I felt like on the season of The Bachelor, like I was like having to do a lot of that chasing and like prove myself because I kept being questioned by the lead and I was like, you know what, like there's gonna be way more men here, Like I just want to be more at peace and like try to date. I've been trying to date in real life.
Speaker 1: Were there any men from past seasons that you were aware of and wanted to see down there.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we all knew like Dale is obviously like top man and one of the top men in bachination, and I had whispers that he was gonna be there. I didn't really believe it until I saw it. There were some other people like Tanner from Charity season. I believe I wanted him to be there. He wasn't, But I don't. I don't really follow baschination. I don't really. I've never really watched the seats in the Bachelor other than part of Gen season. There weren't any men on her season, and I was like, I need her, and yeah, I think that I did.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we see you get down to the beach. You know you're down there pretty early your original cast.
Speaker 1: Who did you hit it off with right away?
Speaker 3: Obviously we know we see a lot of your relationship with Brian in episode one, But who else did you talk to? Was there anyone else you were interested in?
Speaker 2: I'm like really big on physical attraction, and out of the men there, I think first Sand specifically Brian, and maybe Justin We're probably only Teeneogle really was not interesting anyone else And I don't know I kind of had a hard time like trying to talk. I think Kyle and then maybe Spencer, I would have wanted to talk to you, but like I think that they both had really quirky personalities that like I just was like, this is not really my vibe. You're attractive, but like I don't think we're gonna work long term. So pretty much day one, like Brian I had like really good banter, like he's talk he's muscular, he's Italian, you know, from Long Island. My parents are like family from that from Long Island. So he kind of, like I guess, was kind of familiar to me and like some of the men a day in the past, and I thought he was like my best bed day one, and then I was didn't see Dale there. So he eventually arrived the second day and he actually pulled me to chat for like a good amount of time, like thirty minutes or me, and like we hit it off. I had a really good conversation, but then he immediately pulls Cat for the date. So I was like, Okay, like this man's not interesting to me, and I've already built something with Brian. Even though Dale put Dale took Cat on the date him, and I actually did speak a decent amount, but it was like this weird case because like he just took another woman on a date, and I've already kind of been matched up with this guy, and so I don't think either of us wanted to be disrespectful to our people. So we were trying to like talk when we could and like, but then we're still trying to building other relationships. So it was just like this weird thing. And I also didn't want to like just start bringing a bunch of people into my roster because I hate hate that that's the mindset people have of like waiting till the next best thing, like waiting to jump ship, and I don't want to be a hypocrite. And so to me, I'm like, if I've already started building something with someone, like, I don't need to like jump ship if I think something better has come along, Like we need to focus and grow and water what we currently have. And that was kind of the mindset I was trying to go into and stick with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of seems like, you know, you have this connection with Brian Dale, has this connection with Kat and you guys are maybe there's interest there and there's curiosity, but like pursuing that obviously means developing some love triangles, and that always gets a little complicated.
Speaker 1: Even after even after the ros ceremony you get your ros from or you give a rose to Brian, is anyone really locked down? Like, is anyone like we are? We are solely dating each other and I won't even entertain someone coming in for a day because it is early.
Speaker 2: So here's what's funny is if you had asked anyone, people would have said Brian and I really oh yeah, because we were actually the first couple to like build our own dates. So like there was a day we went someming in the ocean together, we like watched the stars together, we like hung out on the hammock.
Speaker 3: After we saw your star watching day, and it definitely looked like more of an intentional setup with like yeah its and yeah.
Speaker 2: So we were actually like doing those days. Like he kissed me in front of the group. I think it was like one of the first like public kisses and yeah. So it was like all those things. When we did the poster board and I got a bunch of access because everyone was offended by my fight comment, he like came back and put hearts all over it and was like, all my hearts go to you. And when I was talking to Dale, like after these couple of chats, like Brian was like, I got really jealous, like that you're talking to Dale, like I don't feel that secure, and so to me and to everyone around us, it genuinely felt like, oh, like weird building and being secure. Besides that, I think Justin Spencer, like Spencer was locked in like day one, like he would not even look in a different girl's direction or like even it was like, yeah, it was like a lot of men were doing that. I would say him after the first Rose, Yeah, I would probably say Justin Spencer, I think a cat locked into Dale. As I said, Dale was still talking to me and maybe talking to other people.
Speaker 1: And that was was Brian aware that you and Dale were still somewhat talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because as I said, there was like this one point where like you can escape. So like I spoke with Dale, like I got a good chunk conversation and like Brian's like watching us the whole time, and I come back and he's like like I'm jealous, and I was like, oh, like that's cute, Like I want my man to be like a little jealous that means that you like like me. I was like, but I wasn't doing like, didn't do anything. I was like, we're not kissing and like making out over here in the corner. I just genuinely was trying to see if we have a connection, if we can you know, pursue this and if it does progress. I would have gone and spoke to Brian, but to see that him and jealousy, like, oh, like he definitely thinks like I'm his girl, I was like, cool, we like that. So I would say going into that Rose ceremony, Jess and Spence and like me and Brian seemed like the strongest couples. And as you saw, like Brian even held my hand like as we like separated Spencer and just kissed. So that was our thought process and then we woke up the next day.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it does seem like do you and Brian have a really strong connection. You're both investing time. There's a lot of like nonverbals signals that you guys are feeling like really serious, but there's been no explicit like, hey, we're only dating each other. You're still kind of chatting with Dale you're open to something there. And then you know, we go into week two and we have the chemistry challenge, which we see kind of both of you guys explore something outside of your relationship.
Speaker 2: Well, what's worse than that? So I don't know, it was kind of like it's it didn't seem like we need to define it, because like day one, it was kind of like people are open. He was talking like a few other people, and it was like by day two we kind of it was very obviously locked in, like you know, the conversation of are we exclusive? I think you kind of do the day after the road ceremony, like you know, like let's chat then, so literally we give him my rose. We wake up the next morning and he walks into the group and completely ignores me, just walks right past me, trends I don't exist, says hello to everyone, doesn't chat with me, and so he literally didn't talk to me all day and I said, can we talk? Because now I'm getting my first red flag of like, uh oh, did this man just like play the game and like play me and everyone, and he goes, I need a drink first, and I was like, in my head, I'm like you wouldn't be here to get a drink if it wasn't for me. So I was like, never mind, I don't need if you that's more important to you than a conversation with the girl like you supposedly like I'm good. So we didn't get a chance to talk. The compatibility chest happens, and at this point, like I don't even know if he's gonna put me down. So I'm like, at this point, like you've just ghosted me, like you ghosted me in real life.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna stop you there because I have a question about that because he he is saying on the episode that you're upset that like he didn't say hi to you first, you're saying that he just didn't. He completely ignored you pretty much all morning, he didn't speak to you.
Speaker 2: Because that's both those those both those are true. So you have to you have to look at the situation. You I just gave you a rose in the real world, that's like we just went in a date. We're going on our second day, like we're waking up. Every other person, even the people who knowing they gave friendship roses, were with the girl that gave them their rose, Like that's just like normal human behavior of I'm gonna wake up and say hello to my partner, the person that kept me here. He walks in, sees me, sees a group and not that we have just talks to other people, b lines and says hi to Bailey, my best friend and a girl that he was trying to talk to day one.
Speaker 3: That's weird, Like, I give you invest all this time and me your behavior has been one way, you got the rose. The next day, your behavior is very different towards me.
Speaker 2: Oh it was a one eighty and it's not just me who clocked it. So like you go in there, so it's like disrespect. Disrespect came over. He said hi to me, I think because he felt some pressure and then immediately went back to the group. And I was like, oh, like I know this behavior, and it's like he wants to with his actions and not his words, be like you keeping me here meant nothing. I don't actually like you this Like I'm ready to make sure I'm available for whoever steps foot on that beach.
Speaker 1: Did you think did you think about calling him out on that like right away? Or you wanted to sit on it and like because I mean, it's totally up to you. Like I don't know if if I was in your situation, I may not have done that as well. But like, did you think about, like, hey, what the fuck? Why did you just ignore me? What's going what's going on?
Speaker 3: Are you kind of waiting to see how it played out?
Speaker 2: There's two things I think in my history. I it was often caught like I was always like considered the problem. I was the one having the issues, like you know, just being really gasolate into like everything I did was wrong. So I'm like, okay, Like I don't want to like bring up a problem that might not be a problem. That's number one. And then number two, I'm like, I also don't want to be begging a man to treat me properly, Like I want to give you the space and opportunity to show me what type of man you are. And he did over and over and over, but I you know, I just wanted because like I will gas at my phone and be like, oh, like maybe I'm just overwrappting. Maybe that's not what happened. Maybe he just woke up and he just didn't think about it. But he is one hundred percent stillnd to me, you know what I mean, Like maybe or maybe he was upset that I had chatted with Dale and he just wants to like whatever. So in my brain, I'm making up excuses for him and being like, okay, like let me just let this play out, because I don't think that we need to get to go and start attacking people, because like I do think that's really toxic. Like I will give people so much grace because I don't know what's going on in their brain. I don't know what their history is like, So I wanted to give him a chance to do the right thing, and that was to spend time with the girl that you just spent the last three days getting to know and going on dates with and making out with and so yeah, so you just ignored me all day and then we do a kissing challenge and by this point, genuinely because of how he is the one eighty switch, I was like, I don't even know if he's going to put my name down, Like I genuinely did not know if this was his way of like trying to silently break up and ghost me, Like it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Word, let's go okay. So but then you guys do kissing that challenge, and it seems like a good kiss. It also seems like you guys have like a good physical connection. But after the kiss, after that kissing challenge, where what happens then? Like is there a conversation after that? Like where where do we stand? Because up until that challenge, from what you are saying, he basically ghost you all morning up until that challenge. We don't know what time that challenge is. You guys have a kiss. What goes down after that?
Speaker 2: So we kissed, I know he kissed a few other people, and then obviously I kissed stale As I said, these are only two men I've been talking to, and I'm expecting the challenge to be over, him to come back and us to have that conversation I've been asking for all day, and we have a conversation. And that's where I brought up like, hey, like this is a one eighty behavior change, and for me, my little stem self, I'm like, if I'm going to tell you something, here's the facts of like what I'm coming to this conclusion for I'm like, you walked in, you didn't even say hi to me, You said hi to all my friends, you didn't speak to me all day. I asked you to chat and he immediately gets defensive and he's like I don't need a girl that's tracking me and like who I'm talking to and whatnot. And I was like, oh shit, I know exactly who you are. And I was like, I have just shot myself in the foot. This was my ex two point zho and I was just like okay, Like again, I'm not trying to track your movements. I'm not telling you to do specific things. We're in a microcosm of an environment where like the way you show someone that you are still interested is that if they kept you here, you think that, like, you stick around them, you come say hello to them. You don't go say hi to other people first and disrespect them in front of everyone. And I was like, oh, like he doesn't want to understand that because he doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Was there ever a part of you that went on this show and it was like just have fun? Well no, no, but did you did any of you like even like the girls have a chat of like we do kind of it is weak war on. We have the power. These guys need our roses to stay. Was there any part of you that was like, Okay, I think Brian's into me, but there is a part of Brian that wants to just stay on the show, so maybe he is potentially using me. Did your brain ever go there?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is where I was like, I had to like on again ungastlight myself as I was leaving, because I was like, no, the one thing I've learned with dating now is I lean on my friends so much to like make sure that I'm making sound choices and not just like going back to toxic habits that like I grew up around, and I would ask people, I'm like, what do you think about Brian? Like, I don't know if Brian really likes me like he did. These things are like day one, he was still talking to girls but like I don't want to be too insecure, and they're like, no, Zoe, he really likes you, He's really into you. And I was the one I'm trying to like question. But the thing is too, as I said, there weren't really other options.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's I mean, that's that's the problem. I mean, that is the issue with the show is you know, the options still I mean, there's more people there, but options are still limited. So if if your half asked connection falls through and then people are coupled up and you don't really and you're really not into anyone, You're a You're in a world of like, well why am I even here? Type of thing now I do want to ask you with So you're upset. You're not truly upset because Brian goes on a date with Prisa. You're upset. So if Brian would have handled if Brian hypothetically would have said hi to you first thing in the morning, spend time with you, was nice, and then Prisa asked him on a date, you would have been fine with that.
Speaker 2: Oh one thousand percent. And he had treated me the same way that day had gone in a day with Parsa came back and they were in love. Good for y'all. It's just it was this switch up, and it's just everyone clocked it like it wasn't Again, it's not just me being in delululand it's like me being nothing but respectful because I could have pulled Dale for waymore chats. I could have tried to make out with a dude, but like, that's not me. I was there but nothing but genuineness, And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's circle back because I want to before we run out of a time, quickly ask you about Parisa. We do see you say that you kind of have this energy of like anyone but Prisa when you're talking to Brian. But I don't recall you guys having any direct conflict on Grant season. Is there a reason why you didn't feel comfortable with himix boring Prisa? Because when Ali, Joe and Prisa enter the beach, we see you guys have a little chat and it seems polite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't seem like there's any existing issues.
Speaker 3: Between the two of YOUO.
Speaker 2: It was more so just the disrespect of the girl from my season, not respecting me as a woman enough to like talk to me about it before. Yeah, And I think that we're just very opposite people. So it just seemed a little weird that if you were into me, suddenly you're into her.
Speaker 1: Right the rose ceremony we see justin ends up walking away and there's an extra rose and you're one of the girls that doesn't have a rose. Are you do you at all even want this rose? Or at this time you're just like, I'm ready to leave, I won't even take if justin like gave you the friendship rose. Would you've taken it or were you just like I'm done with the show, I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: I mean I would have been open to it, hopeful that like knew people would have come down. But yeah, the same time, like it's nice to get back to real life and real dating and working and everything in between.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, well we obviously see in episode three that you do not receive the rose. You're unfortunately sent home. What is next for Zoe post Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 2: Post paradise, just getting back to reality, Like I had to move apartments in New York, I'm modeling dating, I'm trying to meet people. I was eager to find a partner, find love, and like actually build with someone. So hopefully we can find someone.
Speaker 1: Well I think you will. And thank you so much for coming on and taking the time. We really appreciate it. It's your third time on the podcast, so you're one of my most frequent guests. And to our listeners, thank you guys so much for tuning into Bachelor Happy Hour. Make sure you download and subscribe to the podcast.
Speaker 3: We will have new and exclusive interviews every single week, so keep on watching Bachelor Paradise and tuning into Bachelor Happy Hour. Thanks for listening by