Speaker 1: All right, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the fast, betting.
Speaker 2: On the game.
Speaker 4: No woman's gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell us what.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 3: Be over here just drinking beer and making n baby. I'm hanging with the Fellers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Bro'll tell you next people, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Episode? Welcome to Episode two ninety two of Busting with the Boys. Unincredible weekend was had College football slate was amazing. We have some fun stories to tell you about being in college station. Taylor hit a massive season opener of a bet, season open of a bet. It was a big tone setter for the week. We obviously had my personally my favorite quarterback of all time on the episode. That interview will be later on. We're gonna talk college ball. We're gonna talk some football throughout this intro. However, this episode is presented to you by our good friends at Chevy Silverado. There is a reason we've never done a tear talk of the best pickup trucks, and that's because for Busting with the Boys, there's only one pickup truck for us, and that's the Chevy Silverado. Why is that, you ass Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using the Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans and Silverado was a partner with us on the Spring Tour and they also are with us on the Fall Tour as well. Silverado brings grit, legendary grit paired with modern truck technology inside and out, massive screens, up to eight cameras with fourteen different camera views, making driving, towing, and parking all easier on you, your body, your mind, and spirit. We love the bold, blacked out look of the new Silverado HD Trail Boss and there's a reason. Chevy's America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years. According to our friends at JD Power. You guys know I rock the all black Silverado ZR two. Head over to Chevy dot com to build your own Silverado or Silverado HD and check out all current offers on the Silverado Discovery World of strength and capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck, the Chevy Sovrado. Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to all their brands, according to JD Power twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three, and twenty twenty four the US Initial Quality Study. Say visit jdpower dot com slash Awards for more details. Again, those awards are based on the models between twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four. What a mouthful? A mouthful? What a mouthful? Mouth?
Speaker 4: Is there anything else you want to say? Anything else you want to saying in Colorado Week? It's Colorado Week, you're so let me just call me just I'll be. I'll do the shameless stuff. I'll do the shameless stuff we've been due to call it action the last couple of weeks about people who watched the show. More than fifty percent of people that watched this show on YouTube, Rumble, anywhere you can view us, they're not subscribed. Now, I know it's ridiculous for a man to sit here and say, please, for the love of God, just press the button that says subscribe, so it now says subscribe. But here I am sitting in front of you, a boy looking at probably another boy. Because our demographic it was about ninety eight percent men.
Speaker 2: A lot for the boys.
Speaker 4: Please, for the love of God, just hit the subscribe button. Insrureman's trying to show me a picture in the back that literally looks like a white piece paper to me, what does that say?
Speaker 2: Subscribe?
Speaker 4: Subscribe? So please please please just press the button.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why. The shameless plugs you can, we can, we can put them, we can take them off the pedestal. Throw our own insecurities of asking people to submribe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I feel weird doing it.
Speaker 2: Last week we had Will Levis on and again if you were if you were watching last week, we kind of talked about the difference between not doing the called action up front and then the week after. I believe with our Rich Eysen we didn't, and then Sam Morrill we did. With Will Levis. You would think Nashville our demo. We've already squeezed every bit of juice out of that demo. I want to say it was Sam Maurrill. It was sitting at three seventy when we checked in after a week which is a big week for subscribers, week with Will Levis going through that the fifty percent of people who are not subscribed. Last week with Will Levis one thousand new subscribers. It's important we ask our fans to support the boys because they don't know what they don't know.
Speaker 4: They don't know what they don't know, And sometimes you're just watching innocently being like I'm gonna go support the boys, not knowing there's just one click of a button that can make you support the boys that much more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Like, oh shit, maybe I'm not subscribed. Yeah, help the fellas.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what, you have been watching the show for four years and I haven't been subscribed. Let me just click the button right now, help the boys out. Send this thing to the moon. Speak of gover the Moon. Let's talk about Colordo, the Journey of will Compton. Since we've been on this bus, Nebraska respect fully, has been abysmal. They've been a terrible football program. They've gotten stomped down, beat out, dragged through the mud of the Big Ten for literally, I mean since twenty fifteen essentially, but really, we started this podcast in twenty eighteen and my boy has had not it had zero footing. He's a newborn deer, Bambi. The first scene of Bambi trying to learn to walk year in and year out as Nebraska gets their shit pushed in by any team worth. They're salt over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey, for the.
Speaker 4: Love of God, the people in Nebraska, the only thing they have going for them is three hundred and sixty something consecutive sold out things where you just have a fan base on life support that just can't catch a dub versus a team that is not Division one Double A. But last week two days ago, really and now, if you're watching this three days ago, a young Dylan Reyola gets on the field against a stout, stocky but stout UTEP.
Speaker 2: Team Elevensers from Austin.
Speaker 4: P and decides to throw the ball all over the yard, showing that maybe this young man who literally looks up to idolizes it and even looks like Patrick Mahomes might actually be the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. So I would like to have a moment of silence for the shitty Nebraska because like a phoenix.
Speaker 2: They are rebirthing to maybe a good program. I respect.
Speaker 4: It's let's have a moment's ounce thank you Nebraska. Is I think we got a good ball club in Lincoln. We might I think we got a good ball club and Lincoln the boys not only covered. They dominated day in day out. They ran the ball well. They post a line of scrimmage with their hogs, which if you play CFB twenty five and you play against or with Nebraska, you notice the offensive line. Their greats are really bad.
Speaker 2: They don't That Michigan outfit just absolutely wrex.
Speaker 4: But he's he's throwing it. The playmakers guys are going up and getting it. This is out excited Will Confidence, Will Confidence, so excited he goes, Tay, look at this deep work. This is Saturday, we're in college. Station's about to go to an m versus Notre Dame. He goes, hey, look at this deep ball. Shows me they're in the red zone. But still hyped up. Kid goes up, turns, gets the ball, Rola puts it where only his receiver can get it, comes down with it. The brass of Cornhus is going a lot to be excited about. And I'm fucking stoked for you, my boy. I am fired up for you. And I had to get nasty for a second because it's been bad. Now we can put it. Now, we can put it to bed because we know, just like in Harry Potter, the phoenix comes out after he gets hit by the snake. One single tear drop comes in. Harry Potter is now back up alive, and he ends up taking down the man who should not be named. I'm a name of anyone because we fear no man on this podcast. Voldemort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, dude, you know your boy is hype. I'm insanely cautious because one, I feel like everybody, you know, millions of people are tuned in what's Weill gonna say about Nebraska, And I don't want us to drink the kool aid because winning like that also has consequences. We haven't tasted success in a long time. Yes, we tasted good success, like things you can be optimistic about. But again against a team like UTEP. However, in the past, you're not Uh, Nebraska would not be executing in that capacity against a team like UTEP like it would go like I remember when we were at what was it Georgia Southern a couple of years ago, and they took us down to the fucking wire And you saw the stat that popped up during the first quarter after we came out and scored. We averaged two point three points per game in the in the first course quarter. I will say I'm very fired up, right, I'm optimistic right now. I think Roola like even from something as simple as a ton of walk. And again, I'm gonna sound ridiculous even saying this, but you know, being a freshman kids eighteen, nineteen years old and it's his first start, he's starting as a true freshman, which hasn't been done. I think, well, I think Adrian Martinez did that as well. But he's coming out of the ton of walk.
Speaker 4: And I want the very many Martinez is to come out.
Speaker 2: I see him looking side to side and he's like get He's like he's like flowing with the crowd, like wanting them to get hype. And I just I know when I was like whether I'm a rookie even playing, being a veteran and you're going out and you're gonna get a first opportunity to start and everything else. Like the poise he seemed to have. It fired me up to see the first drive and again he's throwing a deep ball, very first deep ball. He threw a cat that transferred from Texas. I'm Isaiah. I'm blowing his last name right now, but he's probably should have came down with it. And then Reola again trusts the same guy throwing it to him, and throughout the game he's taking shots and you're seeing players. You're seeing players go after the ball to make plays, not just operate. Next cute or if you have a bad drop or a turnover, their head doesn't get down like they were driving in the second or third driving. We fumbled like and we're backed up ur we fumbled in our own ten yard line, not our own but going into score right and even from there we get a safety after that. But guys just seem like they're playing fearless, which is good. And again Utep was still fired up that head coach. I swear to god he caught a full body cramp at that later that night because he was insanely fired up the entire time, right, but just seeing him push the line of scrimmage, seeing him run through a motherfucker's face. Four running backs touched the ball at least six times on average over four yards of carriage. That's huge. The d line was getting after it, we had a pick. The Black Shirts were playing well, and again Dylan was throwing deep. He wasn't nervous. You could tell he's not nervous. He's gonna go back to throwing deep, he trusted his arm, he took a shot in the mouth, helmet came off. So I feel like those things are like it excites you because again we'll have we'll be tested this week against Colorado because Shadur and Travis Hunter and even Horn and they have another receiver that's really good. Their defense is vulnerable. But Colorado's gonna be and this is going to be a massive game. It's going to be an insane atmosphere. The guy at the super Bowl who interviewed me is like, it's been however many days since what? And he was like, since, uh, since Nebraska beat Colorado? And it is a fucking long time. And just that rivalry that's been there since the early days. It's it's gonna be juicy, bro Like it's it's fucking war.
Speaker 4: This is what I loved about Roola is you guys go down. I believe it was the first drive you score seven zero. Now the second drive that Nebraska has, I don't know if it was a three and out, but you did cross the fifty. It's a third and eight. It's a longer third down. And Rayola goes and checks down they show the replay show one of the wide receivers got about seven yards of separation deep down the field.
Speaker 2: Right when it was like there in short and fourth and shortly converted, right, they didn't.
Speaker 4: They ended up not converting on that. The reason why I like that is you watch progression throughout the game and you see him now taking shots. So even in this sixty minutes of football, his first time playing at a you know, a college football game, you're seeing growth from the kid that he's like, he knows he's gonna want that one back. Now those mistakes that we made in that first quarter, boom, we're making him against Colorado, which is a good, solid rivalry in college football, right, right, So not only did he have a great game, but there's a lot to learn from as well.
Speaker 2: So he played perfect, right, which is exciting and like just calming your mind down, like the self talk of like yo, just just you know, open your eyes, see the field, like there's one I have I miss, Like yeah, like, don't get too narrow visions on everything. I just I love seeing that. I think it's big for somebody like Dylan who has all the expectation of the world coming in and playing in front of you know, playing in the state of Nebraska, Like you know, in our brain, it's like he's gonna bring balance back to the force.
Speaker 4: Right, So for this game, were you more excited about the result of the game or the amount the crowd got hyped up watching you on the big screen? Right before the team runs out in front of what sixty five thousand fans, sixty five thousand screaming Lincoln Nebraska fans come on tventy five thousand screaming link in Nebraska fans, eighty five thousand screamer ninety oka north of ninety thousands, just under one hundred thousand screaming Nebraska fans are looking at and they go, oh shit, is that Will Compton? Oh man? And then the hype Get off your get off your ass, get off your seat. We know he's gonna spin it, all this stuff, and it seemed like social media at least you watch a couple of those replays of people recording on their phone, crowd went nuts for you.
Speaker 2: Well, was it better? Fire? It fired me up? Well, the better feeling is listen, I want Nebraska to fucking compete this year for real, and I think we can. And again it's just like it's like you gotta you gotta temper. I go through it literally every year, and this year I feel different. I feel different now. I'm trying to figure out how to kind of work with that emotion. So I want the success of Nebraska always over that. But getting to do the hype videos, Like when they reached out and asked me to do the hype videos, I was fired up. I'm nervous because you want to, like you know, you want to you want to entertain the fans, you want to get them fired up, you want to get them going. But getting to do that, bro is so sick to me because it's like it's such a full circle moment, Like I got to play with the end on my helmet. I love playing there when I was there for my five years. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. Like obviously everybody knows my love for bo Polini and the Huskers, like just even being a fan as I've gotten older, But getting to do something like that and then being like, hey, have your team shoot it, like trusting us or like, uh, do whatever you want to do, like it's up to you. You can You're the creative. We won't we won't give you lines unless you want them. They gave me the inspo from Christian Peter when that dude was just an absolute psychopath back in the nineties, and I was just gonna kind of build it off that. But them giving us the freedom to create and getting to play that right before kickoff, knowing it was like it was welcomed and everybody was excited about it, and again knowing that that's where I I played college ball, and sitting here at what thirty four to thirty five years old, like, it fires me up.
Speaker 4: Thirty five and a couple of weeks, yeah, thirty weeks.
Speaker 2: But it fires me up because I fucking played there and I know I love the fucking university. Yeah. It's one of those things where it's just like, it's one of the coolest things I've gotten to do since playing there, maybe the coolest. Yeah, especially for my university. And your boy is I'm fired up? It was.
Speaker 4: It was awesome to see. Oh, it was just as your friend. It was cool to watch when you hit me up and you're like, yo, they asked me to do this, I thought that's awesome. Yeah, and then the video I thought this is great, and then but you know, you just don't know how it's going to be received. I mean, people can be able to hear you very well. It's a lot of stadium, but it seemed like the whole stadium got juiced up by your words and your body language. And I don't know if there's a better feeling out there.
Speaker 2: If it did, it fire me up because you're you're.
Speaker 4: You're adding to the play, right, You're adding to the play of the players, You're adding to the energy of the crowd, the people that pile in every single week. Yeah, being to god, this is finally gonna be the year that changes, And damn it, it seems like it's changing.
Speaker 2: When they're like, Yo, it's gonna go tunnel walk, the band's gonna play, then your video and then kick off, I'm like yo. They're then rule in another coach they FaceTime me and he's just like, Yo, that video is fucking awesome. I'm like, it just fires me up that they love it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yes, here's what I'll tell you about how I'm viewing you right now and your body language towards the success of Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should tell you like, I know, I want to say we're gonna win it all.
Speaker 4: Short form, let this bounce off the shoulders. I hate it. Now we're gonna move on and we're gonna talk about it, because how I've looked at you the last couple of years is like the overconfident rookie who no one expects a whole lot from. When it comes to supporting Nebraska, you know it's an uphill battle. You know you don't have the team, the turnover margin every single but no matter what, will Compton the weekend and week out is going to die for the end. And they say, hey, we're gonna upset the world we play this team. Yeah, we're an upset the world. When Utip comes in yep to our stadium.
Speaker 2: Time, you're gonna get their best, man, I'm like a fuck, yeah right, I get going right, we gotta get going on my he you know you're gonna get their best.
Speaker 4: Now the rookie comes out plays well and people are like, oh shit, this cat can play a little bit of ball. Right now, now you're thinking, oh, I have to be humble. I have to be I have to not be a nasty boy. In the whole success thing. You had been singing from the rooftops how Nebraska is the greatest program when they've been dogshit, no disrespect. This is just the truth, right, I'm not coming at you, I'm just talking to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I have now I can explain this.
Speaker 4: Now we can look at ten and two as an actual reality for the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the twenty twenty four season. I don't think the energy needs to change at all. What got you here? What got you here? Compton? It's the arrogance of saying Nebraska is maybe the best three to nine team ever. Nebraska is. Hey, there's a reason why Michigan won forty five seven, because you guys cheat it. We would have actually won that game. All the things that made you you as a Nebraska Cornersker fans, shit can't change now.
Speaker 2: You guys. So the reason I'm feeling different now is because I actually think we have a solid product to build on.
Speaker 4: So everything else was a lot.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, So not not that it's a lie. It's like in the in recent years when you know, we lost it historically statistically best three win team of all time, like going in going through those things, it's like no one believes that we're gonna win, not even Nebraska fans, right, like, especially when you're calling for frost Head, Like, I'm never gonna be the guy that's like calling for somebody's said, because no matter what, I want to back the boys. So I always want to be the optimism with a little bit of hope. If fans are down and out, like how can I make them lie? How can I just be the fucking guy that'll take whatever bullet to make us believe that we can win this game? Because you know that the locker rooms down like who knows what kind of clips they see and all that stuff, Like why you gotta have some who believes in you because everybody else doesn't. And I know how low you can get mentally in that place when you're not playing well. So it's like I'm gonna take a different spin and just be fucking I'm gonna be about it every week and try to give some some kind of juice or urgency, some type of faith to the fans. Maybe if a player comes across the clip some type of something, and now I feel like we potentially have a product and everybody's gonna be patting us on the ass and everybody's gonna be drinking the kool aid and knowing that it's you don't want those You don't want those guys. You don't want everybody being overly arrogant because you got something right now, Like, don't believe the hype, don't buy the hype because we actually have a solid product right now. So I don't want to continue to just be some overly I'm gonna be optimistic, like I do believe we can be a ten and two football team. And I know how it sounds before the season. Now that we've went through week one, it's like, oh, Nebraska could be kind of nice in right, and our schedule is very favorable. You watch UCLA play, you watch wiscontemplates like, okay, you can I mean, we can actually do this. We don't play organ But so my approach is a little different, just because I feel like we bust with the boys myself, we've a massed even more audience like the Nebraska Like I feel a little synonymous with how Nebraska could potentially do. That could be that's like what's that called main character syndrome. So whoever's watching, I just I don't want us to fucking go all in and drink this kool aid and be a little overly arrogant, like do I think we can whoop Colorado's ass? Absolutely, but we got to go in with the level of like composure of hey, respect the game, respect the team you're about to play against. Trust me, we can beat the ass. But don't sit here just because you win forty to seven and Dylan kind of plays a little bit, it's like, yo, we're fucking back, YadA, YadA. Every part of me wants to scream that, just based on the past, but also you being a player, it's like you gotta come in like, hey, fu fuck all the noise outside of here. We have to take care of business because you can run all the clips. Hey guy, we can run the fucking ball. We can throw it deep, we can throw it, we can throw it wherever. We can play defense. We can pick people off off We got beat on a deep route when Utep scored that first one against somebody who.
Speaker 4: Was yeah, five play drive and they just they kept it right.
Speaker 2: We can move the line of scrimmage. We lean on guys here on the duo, like, don't start to drink your own kool aid and start to get a little arrogant with your play, like I just want its head down, bro, because I know we can do it right, Like I know we can go. So that's why my approach is kind of what it is, because again it's like we win, they all love us right now, but don't believe who the world we're winning a national title compared to the way everybody's talking, you know what I mean. No, but I feel like you kind of know what I'm saying, right, I know what you're saying in the past, like I knew, like, okay, if we don't beat whether it's Rutgers or some team that you just think the logo should be able to beat this team. And it's like, all right, everybody's kind of down right now no matter what. So my spin was always whether I'm going in the pants or whether I'm doing something, it's like I'm gonna be a cat that is for the boys and talk about why we potentially lost and what plays we might have missed out there, because ultimately, when you're fumbling a fuck ton and turn the ball over like that gets to a player like in their psyche, and so I it's like I just want to be the guy that's like, you know, not buy into that bullshit, so that way, it doesn't creep in that way. And now I'm kind of the same way here. I feel like you win the opener like that. And when we got when we got this, we got that you know as a player, bro, like, don't fucking buy that hype. You got a tough and this is this week is the one, like there's a lot, yeah, and this is a lot of This is a lot like you know between Nebraska and Colorado, Like there's a lot on the fucking line this week. And I just want such a tempered like slow burn because we all know we want to beat the ship out of this team. We all know we want to beat the shit out of these boys. But again, I'm not gonna sit there and talk like hey, the Rollies the ship like that, like trust me, I want to but again I want I want to have a I want to have a confidence moving into this thing with the respect to the other outfit. That's that's my explanation. That's kind of my strategy behind why I seem a little different right now.
Speaker 4: Can't tell you something, Yeah, you beat you tip, Like there's not going to be a lull this week. In playing Colorado, just out the way you framed it. Yeah, Colorado disrespected Nebraska last year. Colorado. Sorry, yes, Colorado dis disrespected Nebraska last year. You guys might have a product, but you beat you tip we exactly we you go in and beat the shit out of Colorado. Then we can have this conversation next week, going into week three of the college football season. Yeah, right now, those boys, I'm sure rules in a team meeting doing the same thing you're just talking about. Boys. You see, we can do the combos. You see, we can throw the ball here, we the running backs, all you guys averaging over four yards to carry, all of you touched it more than six times. We'll see. We can do it. Now do it this week. Now you have the same success you did against youutip against Colorado Thendn't we sit here next week and say, listen, we don't sleep on anybody. Ball blah ball, the coach talk everything.
Speaker 2: But right now is you saying you want the other animal.
Speaker 4: This is Ohio State Michigan, This is Yankees versus Red Sox, this is Alabama versus Auburn. For you guys, there is no sleeping on anyone. The disrespect that happened in Boulder last year to Nebraska. You think them boys don't remember, You think Matt Rule doesn't remember those types of things.
Speaker 2: They remember.
Speaker 4: The same guy that says if we die, we die, you need to worry about putting on your best cheerleader off it. No disrespecting that, truly like being the number one Nebraska fan saying we are going to pulp fiction these guys. Put the gag ball in their mouth, bend them over, and hope to God they go out. The sword doesn't come down the basement and take us out, because we are going to fuck these boys up and down the field for sixty minutes. That it's the path you gotta take. Once we do those things, once we've now taken them boys, bent them over, barrel, show them the fifty states. Then next week, roll in the next game, boys, depper expectations here all right now, people are giving you the best because they know you're a real football team. Because next week after you guys beat Colorado, you're a top twenty five football team in college football. Now there's no more sleep.
Speaker 2: You're speaking in a lot of absolutely there.
Speaker 4: I'm saying because you got to as a fan, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think I'm I'm positioned right where I need to be. I think I am right where I need to fucking be. And everybody who, everybody who out there listened, that's the Nebraska fans. Another hype videos coming. I'm trust me, I'm where I feel. I feel good about where I'm at, and I just as giddy and as excited as I am. It's not like I just want to sit here and I can't just buy. I can't buy all that stock right now. The stock has already been bought. But I just don't want everybody. I don't want everybody patting these motherfuckers on the back way too hard. I don't want them to listen. I know they listen to the boys. Poison, Yeah it's rat poison. I know they listen to the boys. I want to be I want to be that steady fucking piece because, trust me, though some of those lines you were dropping, I love them. Ben Over show the fifty States. Gag ball in the mouth in due time.
Speaker 4: Right, what's your heart rate at right now?
Speaker 2: Eighty nine? Oh? Just sitting I'm juice. I'm fucking the high blood pressure ready because we're about to have the greatest weekend of our lives, of our lives, there's no question about it, because we got let's talk about the trip. So here's what we got going on this weekend. The Boys, we treat ourselves once a year. I say once a year, like this is our second time. Yeah, yeah, once a year started last year. The Boys are gonna treat ourselves. We're gonna get a private We're gonna fly private. We're flying from Nashville to Michigan, Texas for the early game. I think that kickoff is at noon, and then we're gonna fly from Michigan into a Lincoln, Nebraska, get a little get chauff it up to the stadium, and we're gonna get to experience both headlining two headlining games this weekend, Michigan Texas, which I want to hear your thoughts on Michigan from week one. Obviously they got a big dog in Texas who won like fifty five to nothing. Yeah right, and then getting to go and experience Memorial Stadium like again, you know, I'm fucking I'm on cloud now. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It's all the greatest think you talked about Memorial Stadium and how like amplified it is I hope I'm finally gonna see that because last year, right, it wasn't the case.
Speaker 2: Right, Right, You're dead after the second series Again, I'm with you. I think we had a whole different crowd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna it has the potential to be the greatest day of our lives and possibly the worst day of our lives. And we're thinking about the negatives.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous about the first game. I'm nervous about Michigan's understandable.
Speaker 4: It's a massive game. It's two teams that were top five in college football last year. And listen, we can sit here and Michigan fans could be bitching and moaning about all the things that happened in that game. You guys don't remember Bowling Green last year. JJ McCarthy throwing three picks. They couldn't run the ball at all. They you know, our defense played well. Our defense played well in that game. But Bowling Green, who was a Fristoe State, is a superior team to Bowling Green, and Michigan didn't have the best showing. Yeah, five new offensive linemen there. One guy who played a little bit last year ends up getting hurt five new offensive lineman trying to figure out how to gel Donovan Edwards. Here is the thing that you were kind of talking about that I kind of saw when I was watching the film. After the text A and M game and also during the Texas A and M game, is they came out like their shit didn't stink. National champs were this where that the fans are all excited, We're gonna roll over these boys and go to Texas. I think this is a perfect situation for Michigan to be in, kind of being humbled, having a team that is no disrespect, just beneath you as far as talent goes, as far as coaching goes, as far as program goes. They're they're they're beneath you. They punched you in the mouth a little bit. The quarterback had some success through in some deep balls. Will Johnson, highest rayed player on CPP twenty five, ends up having an eighty six yard pick six to really get these boys within, you know, one to two points of covering the spread. Now, I know Searon Moore is sitting there with those boys and saying, listen, we all know this wasn't good enough. You gotta look at the offensive line and say, have some fucking pride in what you're doing. Yeah, four years ago, three years ago, you guys were two times Joe Moore Award winning offensive line. Those same guys aren't in this room anymore. If you think you're just gonna walk on the field of mo guys down, that's not the case. We gotta take a little bit of pride.
Speaker 2: And what we're doing.
Speaker 4: When we have the block M, we're representing the block M. Now you have a great Texas football team coming in. We were in Austin for spring tour last year. Them boys are solid. It's a great program. People are saying they're gonna be in the playoffs. Michigan people are kind of They lost eighteen guys to the draft, some guys for the Transerportal. They brought some guys in. There's some gelling that needs to happen. Now you can see them do better and better. The line started to move boys around towards the third and the fourth quarter. They started to hit that pop, started to get that juice. Donovan Edwards, I'm happy he didn't have a great game. I'm happy that he was. You know, had six carries averaging zero point three yards of carry in the first half of that game. Because now you've got a pissed off Michigan team going against a great Texas football team who just mowed down the Colorado State State Rams. Now we're gonna sit here and a lot of people are gonna be picking Texas over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I think the line went from like three and a half to the six and off it's at six and a half six.
Speaker 4: Check it right before we got on the bus. So we see where this this narrative is going. Last year, against the teams that Michigan played and should have covered with those big spreads, they never covered. That was Jack McPherson's big shot at me the entire season is that they don't cover. Good teams cover, great teams cover. We didn't do that. We ended up winning. I will say this, we had a dogfight at twelve pm Eastern and ann Arbor, Michigan. There's no question about it. But I'm taking my boys all day. We got a dogfight. I will say I'm not a huge fan of doing the two quarterback thing. I've never really seen it work out in the past.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about because obviously we were at So for everybody that knows, like Taylor, the boys somehow had some decent enough service to watch on YouTube TV. Like while we're in kind of like that, while we're at the A and M Notre Dame game, Taylor's like in his phone watching that game. So I'm obviously getting consumed by the A and M Notre Dame game. What was happening with the two quarterback thing? Like how often were they switching around? Like was it situational?
Speaker 4: Alex last year played a handful of snaps in every single game, but it definitely seemed like, you know, the third and shorts, the obvious running situations they put Alex Orgy and they were in the RPO. Davis comes in.
Speaker 2: I think he starting series, you know what I mean, Like Davis was starting.
Speaker 4: Davis was starting, but you saw more and more Orgy as like the game would go on. So they're in this conflicted area of using a dual threat quarterback and a traditional pocket passer. Davis. This kid can he can throw it. He was throwing the short game, he's throwing the medium game. I think he was off a touch on the on the long game. But then we're talking about fingertip off the touch. Some things that are easily fixable. I'm not a quarterback. I think he can go in there and be I guess well. I think the office line did a great job protecting throughout the day. It's about the push, It's about punching him in the mouth because the pro the success we had last year was running the ball, getting those safeties to come up and hitting the deep shots. Just good traditional Big ten football through and through. Now this year you have younger guys. You have a bunch of cats that need to learn how to jel the other. I need to do it in a hurry because you got Texas coming. But I think the boys are gonna handle business.
Speaker 2: Good for the money line, Good for the money there goes, good for Michigan. Speaking of money line, speaking of a great money line played by you, the Vanderbilt com Commodore's Commodorees. Sorry, boys, that's no disrespect. Yeah, the Vanderbilt Commodorees. Yeah you went money line on that game. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, man, I don't know why we went and did the Duke Cannon thing. And the boys were talking confident.
Speaker 2: Very confident, very common, which again I walked away like, all right, fellas like, yeah, sure thing, sure, but watching that game against Virginia Tech, and by the way, Virginia Tech people that was selling that and I was starting to buy it a little bit, like, oh yeah, maybe Virginia Tech would be nice this year. Like that program is a fucking disaster. I mean, come on, you're Virginia Tech, bro, and you got a schedule like you have this year. Like people were talking like you could win the ACC. You ain't winning nothing this year. Miami's gonna win the ACC, no question. But Vanderbilt Bro, and that quarterback number two, Diego Diego was just it just seemed like a gamer Bro puff Pavali.
Speaker 4: What the what the hell, it's not Pavali, it's not Pavali, it's not I.
Speaker 2: Mean, sure, a little gamer bro scrambling around. And I love how he just gets backyard like he's just got a guy to the left right of him that he could just throw with the.
Speaker 4: Game on the line. Yeah, here's the thing I like about Diego. He's so overly confident in his abilities that I think he truly is like Johnny Manziel. He goes out there and he just doesn't look at the playbook. Probably probably doesn't watch film, just thinks I'm gonna I'm gonna body bag these cats, and it's fucking paying off for him and might go down later and when he get the SEC schedule and all that where it really comes crashing down and burning. But what he was doing with Virginia Tech defense played fired up and he was throwing the ball over the yard through a great fade in the back of the end zone to start the game off. Kid was running around everywhere Lorna show. They're putting his right shoulder into cats, like Will Levis first the Miami Dolphins last year. The kid he's arrogant, Yeah, he's cocky, and then he believes himself. And sometimes college football that's all you need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is all you need. You need guys bought in overtime and playing inspired because those dudes were Those dudes were licking out there. I was about to say laying some pipe, but that would have been kind.
Speaker 4: Of There's been a lot of ye things, especially what I tien.
Speaker 2: Boys were out there kissing motherfucker's dude and being fired up about it, you know what I mean, Like you can just tell like when a team is special. Teams, you know, all three units just playing their ass off, and you can tell they were fired up playing and gets five eight. Yeah shot on Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: Yes, he and dude, he's a full back playing quarterback where you can put a little touch on the ball. He can put it in the right place at the right time. Took care of it crazy enough because he was so loose with it the whole time. Gotta make gotta make the balls a little nervous.
Speaker 2: Another program to potentially just blow up Florida Gators. Oh they're done.
Speaker 4: You see the kid with a snapchat? Fuck this team?
Speaker 2: Yes, bro, like that is Oh that's old?
Speaker 4: Oh is it okay? Still?
Speaker 2: Thank god?
Speaker 4: Because I'm thinking, like, you lose the team in August, you're in a tough spot.
Speaker 2: You see who was a big number seventy? They throw a pick. I think in the third or fourth he was walking like yeah, yeah, yeah. You hate to see ship like that.
Speaker 5: I love to see it the Florida Gators.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, that's true, that is true. But Miami, I think Florida's done. Set the goddamn tone. Cam Ward looks like the real fucking deal. I mean even the first quarter, I think he ran for a first down and kind of like stopped and walked out of bounds like after he got the first down. Like the dude just has seems like he just has supreme confidence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he looks good.
Speaker 2: Bro. He had one where he escaped the pocket throws across his body to the back of the end zone. I mean, cam Ward looks like the fucking real deal.
Speaker 4: Dude in the Miami football team going in going in the tunnel, looking at all the Florida GATD recruits, going, man, fuck this place, come.
Speaker 2: Here, don't go in, come here, don't go here.
Speaker 4: We run Florida. It's like, if you're the recruiting coordinator for Florida, you need to once the game's over, I'll sher those kids out as fast as possible. Yeah, but I hope you guys enjoy. Let's get out here and the girl hole in the corner get out of here, quit it, get out. It's like, stop it, Like, what do you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you think out Miami? I do think college football is so much more fun when they're just swagged out like that. Yes, bro, yeah, no nonsense.
Speaker 4: College football is in a good place right now.
Speaker 6: If you're Florida you gotta beginning of that game, you're getting hype. They have Javan cursed to freak out doing the middle of the field hype. Shit, Tim Tebow's in attendance. God, and you just get slaughtered.
Speaker 2: I want to say that there was a there's a quote saying that they boosted more noise at practice than they heard it at the swamp. Like you wasn't that loud.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 4: That's a tough look. But this is this is a great week one of college football. Is such a great week because you get I mean, both the guys you said are no longer in the league when we were at A and M like Von Miller was there, Johnny Manzel was there, who's not in the league either. But there's a lot of guys who are able to go take away from their NFL careers, go back to the old stomping grounds. Being there. It's just awesome, man, It's a it's a great time because that's when you get the crowd just pumped up. This guy from this school, you know, but he did this when he was at the school. It's just cool shit, yeah, cool shit.
Speaker 2: It was a great It was a great first week.
Speaker 6: Miami has a like twenty eight year old tight end. He's in his ninth year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninth year, caught a touchdown? Insane, he had like seven injuries COVID. Nobody knows that type of shit. Man, it's the coach.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, man. You see these kids are like twenty five. If you're outside of BYU didn't.
Speaker 2: Make any sense, right, nine years is awesome? Yeah, wild, Yeah, just a grown man out there.
Speaker 4: Playing, yeah with eighteen year old boys.
Speaker 2: Who else? What other what other games were had? Then the game we.
Speaker 4: Were at was was outstanding. I mean it was a defensive, a struggle through and through. The boys were idiots by betting the over on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't bet the under when you're live at a football game.
Speaker 4: Right, And so we did the midnight yell, I take C and M. A lot of people saying it's a cult. A lot of people agreed it was a cult. All the fans that were walking in the stadium said, yeah, it's a cult. People like it's weird, it's awkward. Don't make us look too bad. It's not as weird as people made it out to be. It's still different, it's still different.
Speaker 2: But it's gay. It just wasn't that gay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the the it's a PEP rally. It's a PEP rally of forty thousand people. And we talked about this in the vlog that'll come out, Like, I think there's a way better way for them to utilize that time at midnight to get the fans juiced up other than just doing their.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're they're hitting that shit during time outs in the second half of the game, like that whole stadium is bought into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I love too about it is. Yeah, it's a little weird, but it wasn't that weird. And it was more like they just embraced their quirky little college football traditions. When you got forty fifty thousand people showing up at fucking midnight.
Speaker 4: Nuts at midnight, bro half half in the bag, all of them are tanks, and.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the other is kind of teaching the the lower is it the younger classmen, underclass underclass underclass.
Speaker 4: Freshman at the top and juniors and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And everybody's just trying to figure out like you know, hey, this is what we're gonna do this part of the game, YadA, YadA, but I'm with you. It's like you could strategize. You to me, you got to get somebody better on the mic rock than these people, because this dude's just like, yeah, down a little story. That's the issue.
Speaker 5: That's why it's weird. Because it's SEC football and there's no cheerleaders.
Speaker 2: That is weird.
Speaker 5: And the main thing, the main thing, Yeah, it's like, at least have some girls out there doing some tumbling, you know, shaking it around, shaking that, and then there's then you see that, you see it happen, You're like, maybe it's not that weird.
Speaker 4: No, I just think if you use that time, because I think if we all all of our schools had like a midnight pep rally, we get fired up on it, we would have a good time with that because then in the game they could strategize, Hey, when the other team scores, this is what we're going to chance. When we scored, this is what we're going to chance until kickoff happens. If everybody's on has a game plan going in, it just makes the experience for the fans that much better. The ones that don't make it of you know, the rest of the fan bases, the all dude thing, a bit of a deal. A bit of a deal could definitely out there. It was one of those things too.
Speaker 2: It's like you heard of rumors that they turned the light off, turn the lights off and they make out. We did hear that they did that. After we left I heard that. They're like, oh, no, that happened. I was like, when, yeah, we love the five minutes. Yeah, they're like, oh, I think towards the end because you know, you think you're going to see some actual weird type shit, but it really was just like a glorified just a religit.
Speaker 4: I thought I was gonna make a cult ish it's really just pep rally on st.
Speaker 2: I love that all the students were like, oh, it's like kind of chuckling about it and like, yeah, it is a cult.
Speaker 4: I don't like this. The lake Kick hit that thing, the lake Kicks. I don't mind the arm over the thing, but the lake Kick to me was.
Speaker 5: I didn't like the bens over zesty thing.
Speaker 4: That was a zesty movement.
Speaker 5: Like instructing the chance. Everyone's like down on their knees like arch march back, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, it's a little aggressive. The more you talk about the weirder it gets. But I think the experience we had it wasn't. I think it was made out to be something that it actually wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the people of College Station two are a rock solid, really nice.
Speaker 4: Yes, the dude we on the on the sidelines, Hey you need water, you need get it ready, you need this.
Speaker 2: That was the easy one, guyund you walk around the entire field time no matter what.
Speaker 5: We didn't get stopped. No one told us, hey, you can't be in this section.
Speaker 2: As long as you got that pass on everybody, you're kind of free to go wherever you want to know.
Speaker 4: That is awesome. Man, big pops for Manziel, But I think Vaughn Vaughn had a big pop, big pop for.
Speaker 2: Von What were your thoughts on College Station as a as a football talent, as a college football town.
Speaker 4: I love the stadium, I love the in game atmosphere. I think they're just it's a well organized bunch that we just went over with the midnight yell. It's loud, the cannon scary, but awesome. Yeah. When they kicked the first field goal, we were standing around there. The shockwave was nuts. Uh, dude. The music that DJ was killing it.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Here's what I'll say about the town itself. Town itself is Communist Russia. There's not And I'm not talking about the people. I'm just talking about the buildings itself, and like all kind of like Manila colored buildings. Everything looks the same. It's fan bills. Yeah, with the Doctor Pepper commercials. It's kind of just I didn't I didn't like love the landscape I was looking at. I love the fact that the airport, Colle Station airport's right there. I thought the Dixie Chicken was awesome. The Champions pizza we went to time was great. I think the people there are unbelievable. The campus, Like, if we're just talking about beauty of a campus, it's at the bottom of my list.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, beauty of a campus, for sure.
Speaker 4: It's going no, no, no, no no. I probably wouldn't have I probably would not have gone there. I would definitely not have gone. You said that a couple of times. I thought, all.
Speaker 2: Right, just got kind of this small town vibe. You know, they love their ball out there.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of small town and small town I mean Lincoln, Lincoln small town. Yeah, And I just I don't know you don't need to get a better look at as Nebraska's Nebraska's because it's kind of like a city, is right, it's kind of in the city that's the capital. Yeah, it is a city, but yeah, that would I don't think I would go to A and M. I wouldn't go to an M. I love the fan base. I think the fan base goes so hard. I just think of myself January February, March there, and I'm like, oh, what are we gonna do tonight? Boys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that, you know, because you what, Houston's what two hours away? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, how far is Austin?
Speaker 5: I think they're all like two hours?
Speaker 4: It was like okay, yeah, so all far away, all far away? Oh, driving like that in college on an eighty six, kind of like Deveal pro White, no power breaks or power steering. So I wasn't getting very far.
Speaker 2: Should we interrupt this episode to bring you Game Time?
Speaker 4: We absolutely should, Dude.
Speaker 2: Football season is here and we can't wait to get out to some games as fall. With the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports. You know how much we love game Time Now with their brand new game Time Picks feature. They're making it even easier to get to a game. Game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. Your boys, Again, we were at the A and M Notre Dame game. I saw an amazing game Time big steal for great seats because again, sureham, we only got a certain amount of passes. However, thank god for Game Time. The boy was in like section one thirty seven. You were close, You're like fifteen ye Field, I was in the action, sund Dude. Is so funny watching you up there too. Download the game Time out today and use code busting to easily score great deals with the new game time Picks.
Speaker 4: What time?
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, yeah, what time is it?
Speaker 4: Time? Is it?
Speaker 2: All right? Let's get back to this episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get back to it, man, get back to it. But this weekend is gonna be unbelievable. Man, I really I cannot wait. I cannot wait for this game. The atmosphere at both places are gonna be elite. It's gonna be such a good time. Barcols College Football Show is gonna be an in our breath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be electric.
Speaker 4: That'll be fun, man, that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Did you see uh O's went to U, A and M. You saw that? You saw tricks?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: The one in the shoe is fucking He just continues to outdo himself. And because I saw the stuff he did with us, I'm like, I don't know how you top any of that. And the queen in his shoe signed carry on the back. Yes, bro, he doesn't miss.
Speaker 2: And he really doesn't in that quarterback. Did you see the clip? Did you say this?
Speaker 4: It's like, brother, I get it. He's probably uncomfortable because magic is being put on him. There's there's this, there's like there's a feeling about magic is not cool. Magic is cool. If you're if you don't think magic is cool, you're wrong. And so he's probably sit in front of the boys Egos boosted games coming up right around the corner.
Speaker 2: Egos boosted that dude thinks he is him. Yeah, well hell no, give my shoe bag, Give my shoe bag. Nah, bro. I mean if I would have saw that, I would have been like, okay, you know, because Texas doesn't have uh, just a sports betting I would have had to hit somebody up, like put everything on Notre dame money line. I'm dead ass serious, bro, Like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's like, hell, it's good to have it's good to have confidence, it's good to feel your.
Speaker 2: Shut that ship down, yeah, immediately quarterback, bro, Like, I don't mind some swag, but you know when you're trying too hard about something, you know you're white. Yeah, he's trying way too well, at.
Speaker 7: Least from Cyprus Sexes, which has a ton of money in it.
Speaker 4: So we have Texas version of Malibu's Must Wanted Yes, God tough.
Speaker 2: Look, Tom's just saying, bro, like, there's it's like we're obviously trying to talk our way through this thing. But you know it, you know what I mean, you can feel it, Yes, you know it when you see it. And that's one of the It was one of those things where it's like, come on, bro, you're trying way too fucking hard here. Yeah, have a little kid when you got some swag about you and everything else. Again, you know it when you see it, right, But that just shows lack of confidence. He doesn't have confidence in himself, so he's got to act a certain way. If you actually have confidence, you're up there, your mind's blone, you're running out the door, you're having fun with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, come on, man.
Speaker 2: And that's why Texas A and M I don't think. Well, I know they had high hopes. I was rooting for him. I think they got a great defense. But that offense ain't gonna do a whole lot.
Speaker 4: I feel like every time we talk negatively about it and then we have to say we had a great time and people were.
Speaker 2: We did, we did shout people unreal it was.
Speaker 4: It was all unreal. I just they don't they don't have they don't have the program this year.
Speaker 2: People people also listen to us for realness, trying to keep it a being with you guys.
Speaker 4: Man, all right, all right, say something.
Speaker 1: They're white.
Speaker 2: Stop that came.
Speaker 4: From Vanderbilt to that off it's a lineman he is. He's always talking like that. I'm like, bro, where are you from Florida. It's like, no, you're from Florida. That's where you're from. Just relax and talk normal. It's all good because I know, you know, he doesn't go home see his grandparents. What's up, grandma, what's how we don't. It's like, no, no, no, no, stop, no, he does not know, he does. I'm racist towards the other the way this, you know, I don't need to say anymore because I'm gonna dig myself a hole.
Speaker 2: You did great, you did great.
Speaker 4: But if I say more, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well it's staying on, staying on the topic. You saw Roddy White. You saw Roddy White over the weekend. He had a he had a tweet that was kind of going a little viral. You're talking about he was watching Can you bring up the tweets?
Speaker 4: I didn't see it, oh kool aid Man, Matt Rule.
Speaker 2: But the paraphrase a little bit. It was like he's watching Clemson play and he says, they got too many white boys out they got too many white guys out there on offense, and people were going after him calling him race is calling him this. So I had to take a stand and say I do stand with Roddy White. You got too many white boys out there. This is a different era. Like you can have a decent, solid squad, yes it's called Iowa, but to win a national title, you can't have too many white boys out there.
Speaker 4: And here's the deal. Are white guys making a comeback?
Speaker 2: Are white guys making a.
Speaker 4: White guys are making a comeback in the sports world. That's a fact.
Speaker 2: Like, can you put together an impressive all white squad? Yeah, because we're literally choosing the best players we possibly.
Speaker 4: Can possibly can't.
Speaker 2: But when you're just when you're a program like Clemson and you and you're in uh, you're in South Carolina trying to compete with the best, here it is. He says, Clemson got way too many white dudes on the field on offense. This ain't them. You mean to tell me you only got one black dude out there making plays? That's a recruiting problem. I couldn't agree more with.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, Roddy White, he seems like he's just spitting bars out there. And like I said, white guys are making it come back in the sports world. All right, ten to fifteen years from now, we might have some legit white athletes out there right now twenty twenty four not the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get it.
Speaker 4: We saw Cooper Degen. Christian McCaffrey holds a flag for all of us. They're out there, trust me. But there it's a rare species.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, you just can't.
Speaker 4: You can't just pack them full of whites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again you you've been in the locker rooms, like you just know it. You know, if there's too many of you out there, you're like, all right, you know, we could be decent this year, but we ain't gonna win the whole team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not a lot of ems out here, boys, but there.
Speaker 2: You can't have me's that's the whole thing. You can't have mes. You can't have me And then he then he ends up tweeting like after it's kind of going a little viral, He's like, I'm getting a lot of blowback for too many white players, and I apologize if someone thought I was being racist, which everybody around me knows I'm not. I looked out there and and ten of the eleven players are white. I can't recall every singing Clemson team like that.
Speaker 4: You know what, should have never tweeted that, shouldn't have apologized, should have doubled down, should have doubled down.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, it's like like the people that are arguing about that, they just wanted to be completely about that one thing that they're arguing, the racism shit. But again, it's like as athletes, you're sitting there, I'm looking at Roddy's tweet. I'm chuckling about it. I'm laughing. But ultimately you're like, I mean, yeah, if you're looking around, there's too many white guys surround me on defense, pecially in the back seven. Hey, we have to communicate and be on the exact same page.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have to a blanket safeties. You're twenty five thirty yards.
Speaker 2: You can't just line up and play. We gotta disguise. We gotta do a lot of things to protect what we ultimately have on the field to play complimentary football at all times sixty minutes. We can't have any wall swarm.
Speaker 4: That's what we gotta do. How many times have you told the story about you being the one white guy on the field. That's how it needs to be. Yeah, you got one, just a little bit of salt, a lot of pepper, right, you need a little bit of just a sprinkle, Dude, You ever had food with too much salt on it? It's fucking terrible. Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Anyway, It's all we gotta say.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to become an anti white podcast. You know, we don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: A white roster coming on December.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of clubs and players on that.
Speaker 2: No, this is the NFL, So yeah, it's an NFL. Dude, it is. We are here, We are here.
Speaker 4: It is week one. It is week one of the NFL season, and we've talked about it a couple of times. We have a new gambling show, Marrying and Making a baby between Bet the Bus and Slips and Picks. De Landy Walker will be on the show. Sometimes we'll have a four chair. Sometime we will not have a fourth chair. We'll figure that as we go. We're now putting a studio together that will be out Thursday, Yes, Thursday, And I'm gonna say the same thing to you about that shows that ind the beginn of the show. Please subscribe to that show and help us send that to the moon. A lot of people mad about Bet the Bus, a lot of people mad about some some pick stopping out there. We see the comments. Should have subscribed, should have subscribe and watch a little bit more, we would have known.
Speaker 2: We just we need you to show up and if if you enjoy the show, we need you to support the boys show the locker room, This Thursday morning. That's where a lot of our football talk, a lot of our gambling and everything else will be on display. The set. The set is going to be all the set is all time.
Speaker 4: Tell them the fun twist we're gonna have in the show fan calling.
Speaker 2: Fan calling, yes, so, which we we do need to post about that, but get the fan calling going to where you guys will be pitching us a parlay. You will be featured on the show Our Boys in the back. They will be going through all these video submissions on you giving the boys a good parlay to bet on. We might join you, we might not, but ultimately we want a segment that's about you guys cooking up something nice on the DraftKings sportsbook app that's being talked about. It's on them getting some of the winnings no matter what. We need their minds because there are some guys with their with their eater to the ground and they know some of these dark alley games that we might not be thinking about to where hey, this is a parlay I have cooked up. You guys need to trust me, and we want to trust you guys with that could be some money involved, but either way, we're gonna have a fun little fan call in section A segment of the of the show NFL and college. That's a great call. So the top part of the show, the first half of the show will be NFL. Second half of the show will be college football. So again we're gonna be combining. Like Taylor said, bet the bus slips and picks like the boys me. Taylor Delaney talking football the weekend of football, NFL for a half, College for another half. We're you know, we're juiced. We're obviously very excited.
Speaker 7: The fans can call in for both college and NFL.
Speaker 2: Correct, I believe. So let's just you know, we're working through everything. Thing it's supposed to be a mix of a man cave in a locker room. Our lockers are not here yet, so we might be without lockers for our very first episode. They got pushed, they got delayed, the shipping got delayed a little bit.
Speaker 4: So again we're gonna way busting with the boys said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna grow this thing. This thing is gonna be developing in real time. Again, it's gonna be a fucking lot of fun. We put a shipload into building out a new set, a new studio, which I'm fired up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the studio, The set's gonna be awesome. It's gonna be a really good time. It'll be fun. It'll be fun. And listen, did I go above five hundred this week in my bets?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. Thank q L s U us USC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they hear me.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you get a little gem like a Vanderbilt money line, and it makes it all better because technically our records blow five hundred. The bag is above.
Speaker 2: I can't say it enough. An insane way to start your college football season.
Speaker 4: We sat there, uh in the hotel the morning of that game, and you looked me in the eyes and said, Vanderbilt, there's no fucking shot this game.
Speaker 2: You are an idiot, and I just need your support. I'm supporting you, but I cannot believe you talked yourself into that one.
Speaker 4: And I agreed with you. I thought there's no chance. I thought about cashing out six different times. Yeah, it is what it is. Boys.
Speaker 2: Should we should we get the paid manning?
Speaker 4: No, no, we shouldn't get the paint manning. Okay, that's absolutely not but I'm gonna put that on. Will Compton is just focused on Colorado week that's all good because I'm thinking, bodies know there's some merch. There's some merch coming out for the boys. It's the fall. We're having a big drop going on. We got hats, t shirts, hoodies, no hoodies because it's the fall and we're not even there yet. Shirts and hats. We got Michigan tight Ends Nebraska. We got a whole bunch of stuff going on. I'm gonna put my I'm gonna put this thing right here. I'm gonna I'm gonna put my mic down, go and put it on me. Put the Michigan on on me. Oh you look in that. Thank you, thank you. I feel good about it, dude, I feel good about it. We had the merch coming out that'll be dropping.
Speaker 2: Thursday, Thursday with the show with the Mirror of the locker Room. Our merch will be dropping Thursday morning. Buy that shit up again. Uh, Michigan Titans Nebraska. I know there will be people signing off in the comments. Make Tennessee merch. Make this. Trust me. It's gonna be the same kind of ploy we did a few years ago. Like when the demand is behind it, we will be able to get it created. Because we're not we don't have just a clean slate to do whatever we want. That is correct, but hat shirts, it's we got some good shit cooking up.
Speaker 4: Let's hit a twisted question. Then yes, well you can go focus on what you're gonna do for the color.
Speaker 2: But also Peyton Manning. We got Peyton Manning. Yeah, I do, dude, dude a white whale.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And it was not only getting a white whale, it was the interview itself. I said this when we walked away. This is my favorite interview we've ever done. This is my favorite interview we've ever done. I could sit there for three hours and watch those Kaki shorts ride up and just hear story after story from Peyton Manning because he's a.
Speaker 2: Great storyteller too, and he'll go off tell some different stories off question like he was all time man was he was all time? Hats off? Shot up Peyton Manny.
Speaker 4: And with that being said, Twisted t is a refreshing, hard eyed team made with real brew tee and five percent alcohol. Full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth, there's no carbonation. It makes it easy to drink all day long. Twisted feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game date is the perfect beverage for game day, whether your tail getting the parking lot, watching at the bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted tea is there to turn up your game day. Let's keep it twisted. Grab a refreshing twisted tea today. Twisted question has always come from Mitch. Had a good one, had a good one with Will Levis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was proud of that one.
Speaker 4: See if we can do it again?
Speaker 1: All right, twist the question this week.
Speaker 8: You're down six, you're starting on your own five yard line with two minutes left. You're playing against like a defense of monstars, as sure, and put it a bunch of all stars. You can pick one offense in college football history, like twenty twelve, Oregon twenty twelve, like any year. What offense are you picking to go down? And with that game winning drive.
Speaker 2: The first one that comes to my mind is, oh, four oh five Texas with Vince Young. That's the first one that comes in my mind. When they beat the Trojans, arguably one of the greatest Little Dynasty runs of all time, of our lifetime.
Speaker 4: You got give me, give me Joe Burrows, lsu.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one. That's a good one. That's a great one.
Speaker 4: Yep, thank you, Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, just a stout offensive line and Joe Burrow at the helm.
Speaker 2: That might be the one.
Speaker 4: That's the one for me.
Speaker 7: They have the energy too to get the gat, get the get the gat.
Speaker 2: And they just they got the players, They got the quarterback for a two minute offense. Like, yeah, that might be the one.
Speaker 4: I wanted to put Michigan in there somewhere, but I had to go with LSU.
Speaker 2: What are there are there others out there like King Let's see here, most talentless.
Speaker 4: Here they're asked, dude, they sucked.
Speaker 1: They dog walk Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yep, they had their quarterback played receiver in the league. You're gonna put Braxon Miller at the helm over Joe Burrow.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just saying that's another option we also you don't have to worry about.
Speaker 2: You're seeing two twenty nineteen LSU offense comes up. Twenty twenty Alabama twenty eighteen, Alabama, twenty eighteen, Oklahoma. Yeah, twenty seventeen Oklahoma. This is in the two thousands, though, that's that's in the two thousands.
Speaker 7: You don't have to worry about the defense on the team that you're selecting because.
Speaker 2: You could get right. That's what I'm saying, Like you're That's why I love that, Joe Burrow, because you got Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, Right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: What about I mean homes led Texas Tech team.
Speaker 2: That's my answer. Final two thousand and one Miami Hurricanes. They averaged forty two points per game, four hundred and fifty six yards per game. Margin of victor is thirty two point nine. Jesus fucking Christ, Now you Davenport, Ken Dorsey, Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Willis McGahee, Clinton Portis, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow Junior oh. Two thousand and one Miami Hurricanes, twenty thirteen Baylor Bears. Crazy Shirm's not speaking up.
Speaker 6: I feel like Marcus had a good Oregon team for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. Ooh but that two five Longhorns Vince Young, Jamal Charles, No, no, no, no. They were averaging almost forty five points per game. Hang on, let me keep going here, let me get closer. The twenty twenty Alabama Crimson type forty and a half points a game for five hundred and forty yards of offense. Twenty thirteen Florida State Seminoles. You got Jamis Winston, Davonta Foreman, Kelvin Benjamin, two thousand and five USC Trojans, but again they faced Texas like that was there in the twenty nineteen LSU Tigers. They were averaging forty eight point four almost five hundred and seventy yards per game. You have Joe Burrow, Clyde Edwards, Hilaire Laire, Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson, Terrence Marshall junior.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the LSU one might be the pick, but yeah, I think so. Second half National Championship to a tongue of by Low for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean that's when they hold on forever.
Speaker 6: Second and twenty six, Yeah, for sure. Took a sat because he needed more room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, l one Miami kind of that one that rosters nuts. Yeah, that a roster was crazy. But a lot to choose from. I'm curiously what the internet argues about and says here because there's you can't lose. I guess you can't lose, you fail.
Speaker 7: Interesting that twenty thirteen Baylor team you brought up, there was a point in the season where they were averaging under a minute for their offensive drives. They were scoring in less than a minute. Yeah, but that was back in a Bryce Petty.
Speaker 2: I believe Bryce Petty, but also your if we're playing the most elite defense, I'm assuming what you had one of the of the ninety seven Huskers ninety five, ninety four, ninety five, eighty seven.
Speaker 7: Because some could argue that.
Speaker 2: That Miami Hurricane defense was nasty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wouldn't want to do your like it's crazy as Sherman's not talking about twenty thirteen Baylor love that offense, but it is that offense was there were some dogs on it, like you had Corey Coleman.
Speaker 2: Right, but as far as like the talent of a Jamar Chase Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And it was it that it was like a gimmicky spread offense or was it that there were some true players? I would rather go like true dogs, Yeah, the Monstars.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, all right, let's get to Peyton Manning. Do you have anything else?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Shout out no, free shout out Texas A and m hospitality sports lips. Well, let's talk about sport clips. Real quick and real quick can get a shout.
Speaker 7: Out sports Clips right behind you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to.
Speaker 7: Sports Clips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we interrupt this episode to bring you sport Clips. Guys. When it comes to getting your haircut, don't go just anywhere. Visit specialists who live and breathe men's hair at sports Clips Haircut. Silas undergo special training to be the experts in men's hair, making them masters of mullets. Shout out Sherman the back finessor's of fades and understudies of the undercut. It's easy to have confidence in your look when you're in the hands of a pro. Just another way, sport Clips keeps your head on a swivel. Well in your hair in the game. Sport Clips. It is a game changer. And this is our shoutout. No free shoutout segment, but shout out Dude Texas A and M Hospitality. A lot of fans of the pot out there, like the Dude the Anthony shout out Anthony at Champions Pizza finding us in the parking lot. Hey, come over, We'll get you guys hooked up. Get you a pizza roll, get whatever slight, get whatever slices you want. That was all time, But my shoutout no free Shadow goes to the Texas A and M Hospitality.
Speaker 4: You have a shout out, Taylor, shout out for Shadow goes to Pokemon. I watched the first movie with my kids yesterday. To your dream when Pikachu is just lightning using his thunderbolt on ash As he's been turned to stone because of me and me two's battle streams going down my eyes streams.
Speaker 1: This is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Shout out you guys, have any in the back. Before we get to the sheriff.
Speaker 5: I promise two of our fans that came to the meet and.
Speaker 2: Greet, shout out to the Jets.
Speaker 5: They drove from Dallas to Texas A and M solely for our twisted Tea meet and greet.
Speaker 2: That's it they did.
Speaker 5: They weren't they were going back after the game.
Speaker 2: They literally drove I.
Speaker 5: Don't know two and a half two hours from Dallas just to come and hang out with the boys. They were super kind, great people. So shout out to Jets. Yeah, I did not know that. Come Nebraska if y'all can make that drive to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I'll also shout out the tier ones that showed up. I met Austin and his mom. They were like super stoked. Austin's at A and M. But he was wearing one of the bust and shirts that has like kind of the A and M colored logo on it instead of an actual Texas A and M show. He was repping the busting with the boys shirt.
Speaker 2: I was like a G shirt shirt cream shirt in the maroon riding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you gotta love it, dude. The tier ones were strong.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun. Oh yeah, a lot of fun. Shout out to the breezes during the game because it was fucking hot out there during in the afternoon.
Speaker 8: Alright, I don't have a shout out for the trip because I wasn't there, but my shot and every shadow goes to Uh. This happened a couple of weeks ago when it was actually JP's wedding. But when your girlfriend and one of your boys girlfriend hits it off and you don't necessarily have to be around them, G's girlfriend at L and Brooke, they just were hanging out all night like they both from California, Like say, a bunch of a bunch of like just talk about and everything. But it just made it so much easier for both G and I that we'd have to be like, hey, like are you all right?
Speaker 2: Like you're doing everything? Are you get a dream?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it was just it's just one thing you don't have to worry about when you're doing something.
Speaker 2: And Mitch again just echoing from the team meeting last week, we wish we could dress.
Speaker 1: No, and I'm not I didn't wish.
Speaker 8: I didn't make that comment.
Speaker 4: To Mitch mentioned one to me as well.
Speaker 1: I know I didn't make that comment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this wants to be awesome. Would No, I'm not going we wish we could dress.
Speaker 8: Everybody again that like, I just felt that. I just said that because everybody else is shouting it.
Speaker 2: If somebody gets injured, next man up that.
Speaker 8: It's not I'm not at all trying to be like that at all at all at all.
Speaker 2: All of them, everybody's on the shot. You know, this is a we wish we could dress everybody. We wish we could take everybody. I just want you to know we wish we could.
Speaker 6: I have a shout out from this weekend, shout out to the nachos that I made sitting at home by myself. Atlantis was gone, nothing but football and me in a pile of nachos. Go check my Twitter.
Speaker 2: It was my check. Shout out to Twitter. Where where can't people follow you? Is it underscore?
Speaker 6: Geard Hargas, you know what I mean, Gary Bird, look it up, Gary.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: It was thin layer of chips, cheese, chips, cheese, chicken, jalapinos, black beans, dice, tomatoes, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more cheese, hot sauce. It was amazing. I love the layers to it. You have to because.
Speaker 6: There's always, no matter who's making the nachos you restaurant, there are chips that just don't get loving. Yep, and you know you gotta give them some loving. Like what's a chip without any loving? Yeah, so shout out the nachos.
Speaker 2: Let's fucking go boys. Peyton Manning, Yeah, Peyton Manning, the Sheriff enjoy this episode. It was all time. I hope you guys love it like we did. We have White Whale one of our biggest guests we've ever had, no question about it, maybe the biggest, although Dale earn Hard Junior that was a big one. Yeah, that's a big one. But Peyton Manning, welcome to Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 9: Thank you all for having me. Yeah, appreciate that hottered, very honored.
Speaker 2: Just kick us off, brother walking in this room, Like, honestly, it's a rhetorical question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Did you ever think that you would leave a legacy like this because like, you come from a football family, Like you're growing up, you have all the footge where you're playing in the backyard stuff they like when I'm young and I'm watching you get you and your brother get talked about an archie to where you see all the footage and you just know that little kid in you that loves the game so much and making such an impact that you've made on this game, Like do you ever just sit there and try to take a moment to take it in.
Speaker 9: I'm very grateful and honored for the teams and organizations that I was a part of, But I cherished my four years here at Tennessee. And now, I mean, you have no idea that you're going to have this connection and relationship with the university thirty years after I came here back in nineteen ninety four. But I love coming back. I stayed four years in college. Will I think people here in Knoxville and Tennessee probably remember that more than anything more than a throw or a touchdown. And I turned the NFL down for a year to stay one more year in college, which spoke a lot about how much I loved the university, in the whole school and the whole place in order to stay here. So it's fun to come back. I love coming back to games, and yeah, this place. After I got drafted by the Colts, I was moving out of my college apartment. My mom came up and basically we moved all of my college stuff, just put him into a like a storage unit and just it's been sitting here for like twenty years, and opened this kind of hotel bar, and I said, I got a bunch of my mom kind of things. It's junk, it's in this storage unit. Yeah, fucking dig in there. So they went and as in all this stuff. That's what my mom thought of this stuff. It was all basically garbage. But anyway, it's fun to come back.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. With choosing Tennessee, like your old man Obficely went to Old Miss, what was your recruiting process like way back in ninety four?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was hard. I mean for years, Taylor, I thought Ole Miss was the only school that ever existed, right. I grew up in New Orleans. Of course, you know LSU was the Bubby, the top school in the state, but Ole miss with the games we went to on the weekends. And then all of a sudden, you're a junior in high school and you start getting recruited by other schools. And I really didn't know how serious it was up until I got my first handwritten letter from Bobby Balladen at Florida State. And yeah, I guess I'd heard enough about recruiting. There was a lot of form letters, the type letters, but you got a handwritten letter. I mean I checked it. It smeared. I mean, it was a legitimate handwritten letter Bobby Ballden, And I was like, Okay, I figured, if he's writing me a handwritten letter telling me he's going to recruit me, maybe there are some other schools out there that are interested. And that's when I started kind of looking around, I guess, opening my eyes up a little bit. And had a great visit here to Tennessee. I was snowing, didn't get to really see the stadium in its glorious view, but met a lot of good people and my brother Cooper went to Ole Miss on scholarship. Taylor had a neck injury, had to stop playing, and he was in the right school for him if football didn't work out. And that's kind of when I said, that's really how you should choose the school. If I get hurt the first day, but I'd be happy in the school. And that's kind of how I felt about here at Tennessee. So and my dad, I give him credit. If he would have said, son, you're going to Old Miss, that's the end of the story.
Speaker 1: That would have been it.
Speaker 9: I would have said, yes, sir, deb He said, you're eighteen years old. You're old enough to make your own decision. I'll support you wherever you go. And he caught a lot of flak from Old Miss people, and how could you not, you know, make your son go to your school. You know, you've kind of let us down. It was I think. I know he was disappointed, and a lot of course when Eli went to Old Miss, everybody made up.
Speaker 2: It was all good.
Speaker 9: But I respect my dad for letting me make that decision. And you know, I think when you make those decisions, it's kind of you kind of make it the right decision after the fact by just going all in and not looking back. And so it was a hard decision, but I appreciate my parents kind of supporting me in it.
Speaker 2: Man, I feel like if he was my boy, he'd be not to mention he did come back a senior year and ultimately this season and thing go then end the way you wanted it to. Well, look, was it like forty something the seventeen?
Speaker 9: It was it the rescue? Yeah, I forgot about that game. There's no there's none of those pictures in here. Well I took that's not just because you're here. Yeah, when you come back, I mean you sign up for all of it, right, I mean you sign up for it to be glorious and to go undefeated and all that. Obviously, if I would have gotten injured, you know I was. I was okay with that. I just I felt like I'd rushed my first three years in college. I was always running a class, running the new interviews, and I don't want to be my age now forty eight years old and kind of wondering what was college even I don't remember anything about college. My senior year, I slowed down. I'd already graduated. I got more mentally stronger, my rookie year with the Colts was a struggle, right, only one three and thirteen twenty eight picks. I don't think I would have handled that had I not stayed four years in college. Right, that's the kind of season that can kind of break you. But I kind of said, you know, actually doing some decent things. We're not winning any games, and we went thirteen and three my second year. I gave all that credit to stay in four years in college, and so it was the right decision for me.
Speaker 4: Now, did you come to come to that decision on your own? Or was that sitting down and talking to your dad, talking to people you loved me, and like what should I do?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's funny, it's a great question because my dad was always one of those guys that said, hey, ask some different people some questions, like call some people that have had this decision. So he kind of formed a list, and I guess he I don't know how, Like somehow he helped me get some phone numbers. So I called Troy aightman who stayed four years in college. He said he really wanted to be the first pick in the draft. That was important to him, and he was Drew Bledsoe left as a junior. He said he knew he was gonna be the first pick in the draft as a junior, and he was like, I'm ready to go. I'm a totally name dropp here. I talked to Michael Jordan, who came out as a junior.
Speaker 4: That's a game. That's a good game drop yeah, And he.
Speaker 9: Just said, look, I thought I was ready. And so I guess I came away with it that it truly has to be a year to see of what you really want. And I probably would have been the first pick as a junior. The Jets had the first pick. It's interesting to see. I think how things would have turned out. Uh, Parcels was the head coach, Belichick was the decordinator. Just he ended up coaching the Patriots and Brady who knows. So I just it was it was the right decision for me. So Uh, eventually you kind of gather the information. You sort of had the old yellow notepad out with the pluses and minuses.
Speaker 1: You look at them.
Speaker 9: You know, it's kind of fifty to fifty. The way you make a decision, You pray about it, and then you go with it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: And so I ended up working out for me.
Speaker 2: Your first year you alluded to with the is it still the record?
Speaker 9: Yeah, which which is amazing with seventeen games. Now, yeah, seventeen games. I mean Mahomes is breaking every other record. Why can't we break record?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: How do you keep the.
Speaker 9: Problem is when they struggled early with picks that they take them out. Leave them in there, let him learn right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you, jeez.
Speaker 1: I'm over it.
Speaker 4: But our records resound here.
Speaker 9: I'm a pili would have broken it easily. He only started six games, that is, that's a great point. Put him in there. This is my top. I got a good chance this year. We got we got several that kind of good chance. I mean, is mey gonna get the starting job? I mean I don't want Nicks to do it in Denver obviously, but if he.
Speaker 4: Did do it, it'd be like, well that's ago next right, Yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: Know you'll be the first phone call for that rookie who does do it.
Speaker 4: You gotta say, whoever, whoever beats you send the handwritten letter to be.
Speaker 9: A sixteen to seventeen game starter. So put all these guys in the now.
Speaker 4: Wa up this episode to bring you DraftKings NFL Week one is here and new season means new ways to get in the action. At Draft Kings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Fans have spoken, we want to bet on touchdowns. Draft Kings hurt us and is delivering. Draft Kings Sports Book is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking a player to score a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Chris mccafrey, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Ready to do a touchdown and dance of your own. New Draftking customers bet five dollars to get twohundred and fifty dollars and bonus bets instantly plus one month of NFL plus Premium on us. Download the Draftking Sports team at Draftking sports Book app and use code bus that's code bus b us for the new customers to get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet five dollars, when you bet five bucks and get one month of NFL plus premium on us. Offer ends nine to nineteen. That's that's my birth nineteenth.
Speaker 2: That's my birthday.
Speaker 4: It is your birthday only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. Let's get back to the episode.
Speaker 2: Five dollars to get two fifteen bonus bets plus one month of NFL plus premium deal the Center. I mean, legitimately, that's a great deal. That's a great deal. Shout out draft games. How did you kind of like as competitors when you start to when you have an up and down year like that, and then you're three and thirteen, you're like that you were their first round pick and you do set the record for interceptions, like the mental fortitude on trying to keep the noise out of your head going into that next year, because I'm just I was obviously young then, but now thinking about it, if a rookie quarterbacks, a rookie quarterback is breaking that record, they're just getting drug across the mud.
Speaker 9: It was Look, it was tough, and I think, look, playing in Indianapolis probably would have been different had I been with the Jets. If I would have been with the Jets, and hey, Parcels would have would have ventured me way before the sixteenth game. But I don't know, maybe somewhere Indianapolis at the time, being a smaller market, maybe that helped me a little bit.
Speaker 1: So it was bad. Uh. You know, we were playing.
Speaker 9: On the CBS, you know e broadcast team every weekend. There was no Madden. There was no Nance or Summer All or Phil Simms coming to Indy. Uh, you know, no Monday night TV. So but yeah, look, it's the kind of season that can sort of can kind of make or break yet, right, and I just we actually were in some games, you know, everybody like nobody was getting up to play us.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 9: We played the Niners that year, Steve Young, Jay Rice, We played the Jets who went to the AFC Championship. You know, they had us as a circled win. So we actually had some actually fairly close games. We'd blow it in the end. But that's what I kind of went off of. I'm like, I think I actually can do this if I just don't throw three interceptions in the first half. So it didn't break me and my coaches at jim More, I had a tough coach, but he was loyal, stuck, He stuck with me. He said, hey, stay in there, keep learning. We're going to fight through this thing. And sure enough we did. I'm not sure if it's been but at the time it was the biggest turnaround in history from three to thirteen to thirteen and three. There's no way I'd do that if I don't play all those games, rookie. So I tell all these college quarterbacks. We were talking earlier about that camp that we have, and I tell all these guys, it's a marathon, it's not a sprint. Don't don't let them. You know, a couple of bad seasons break it right, just keep learning from it and keep getting better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two thousand and nine, you're playing the Miami Dolphins and John Gruden crowns you the sheriff. Now this is kind of just hey, how cool is that nickname? And also how long did it take the stick? Because sheriff, unless you're writing a movie, there's no cooler nickname to be bestowed on somebody.
Speaker 9: I you know, I never ever wants if you ever hear me referring to myself as the sheriff, shoot me please. I never wants texted. Hey, you know, sheriff will be there at three o'clock, you know, please. My brothers would would have have their way with me. Yeah, Gruden, Uh, what was his expression? You know?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 9: When when Peyton comes to town, he lays down the law and he always gets his man. He finds who he's wanting going to get and he gets his man. So Wieter, Uh, look, I love Gruden and he was a great broadcaster.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 9: So I you love the nickname.
Speaker 4: The nickname, It's okay, it's the best nickname.
Speaker 1: I wave.
Speaker 9: I'll respond. People never call me Peyton. They yell omaha or sheriff. Yeah yeah, and you keep going. But like I said, I will never go third person on you saying you know sheriff's here.
Speaker 4: You know where were the teammates ever picking it up calling you the sheriff.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, no, for sure. Oh yeah, Von, I mean Von Miller. I guess that's all they called me.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That is cool. Yeah, there's there's this legend of Peyton Manning. I've had some teammates that play with you and they would say they would tell stories like if a tight end drop the pass and then a you get him off the field, and then if a coach tries to get him back on the field, You're like, no, no, no, he's got to stay on the sideline. Whether it was that, whether it was like whether it was like that or not. When do you feel like you started to like have that confidence in you two take over like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean certainly not early on, not coming off a tough rookie season, And I mean, number one thing that you want to do as NFL player, You guys know this, just try to earn the respect of your teammates, right, and when you're twenty two years old as a quarterback, you got thirty seven thirty eight year old grown adults in that huddle with you. My first game in college here at Tennessee, I went into the huddle. I was a freshman. You know, I kind of had this pre planned speech for my first game, and I know, I'm just a freshman. Let's go down the field and score or big left tackles, like shut the f up and call theffing play. Yeah, And it was the most It was like the best thing that ever happened to me. Because college, high school, NFL, they don't want to hear that. They want to see you take a hit. They want to see you take responsibility for holding the ball too long, right, not blaming you know, the receivers or o linemen. So that's what I wanted to do when I got to the NFL. So yeah, it took you know, years before that. I never kicked the guy out for chopping the ball. I would kick a guy out if he if he made a mental error, like if he if he jumped off sides and maybe did it twice. And the legendre the one, the one that is we were playing the Ravens one time and this guy jumped off sides to start the series. All we had to do is get one first down. We were gonna run the clock out. And he jumped off sides on the first play, and sure enough, we don't get the first down. We punt to Ed Reid, who's you know, remember that what I electric he was, And somehow we end up stopping him and we win the game. So now we're going to take the knee. We have the ball with twelve seconds. We're going to take the knee. So the guy that jumped off sides is in the huddle to take the knee, and I said get out, and he's like, he's like, what, we're just taking the knee. I was like, yeah, get out, and so he ran out. We had to substitute ring somebody in just to take the knee, and he said his dad asked of after the game, He's like, why don't you have to go out to take the knee. He's like, I don't want to talk about it then kill so uh, you know, But like like I said, but it was all I was hard on myself.
Speaker 1: People could.
Speaker 9: I probably cussed myself more in practice than I did anybody else. So I think people knew that I was hard on myself, and so when I was hard on them, it was fair, right, And and I hope, you know, my teammates felt that way, that it was all about just trying to win.
Speaker 1: Let's try to do it together.
Speaker 9: I never ever want to embarrass anyone. This was a rookie receiver. I'm not gonna mention his name on the podcast. He may live in Nashville, so he knows.
Speaker 1: Who he is. But that was kind of a one a one off, if you will, dude, we.
Speaker 4: Had we had earlier this morning. We had Will Levis on, and Will Levis is talking about working himself into a leadership role on how that looks for him. At what point in your career did you know, Okay, I can start telling these guys point blank, this is how I feel, as opposed to kind of like beating around the bush.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a great It's a great question because it's a feel h Taylor. I think I think you got to do some things first, right, I think he got to lead a two minutes drew that game Will had against the Dolphins, right last year, that was a that was a good thing, right. I think he can bank that one and that that earns you some stripes. So you love to have some continuity, certainly, you know, leading a team to the playoffs or winning a division, or beating a team that you're not supposed to, just those kind of things where you just sort of kind of check some boxes. That's how it was for me. You know, I didn't say a whole lot in my rookie year. I just wanted to earn their respect. And you know, I had a two minute drive to beat the Jets that year, and I was excited. But you know, I just don't think veteran players, you guys know this, and they don't want to hear young players, you know, barking orders until they truly have earned their respect. And I think that's a process that takes a little time. But I liked what Will did last year. You know, he's tougher than nails. He stands in the pocket, he runs. I like him to slide a little more, just to stay healthy. Look, that's hard because I never could run. I never had the option. But these guys that can run, as you know, you still want to be there all seventeen weeks, and so I'm pulling for him. I like Brian Callahan, he was an assistant coach with me in Denver. I think that could be a good you know, head coach, quarterback combo.
Speaker 2: How everybody talks about the Manning Brady rivalry when you were in it, How real was that in your mind personally? Like if you when after a game or you are you searching to see how he did? Like what was that rivalry? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean I mean you always just knew, right if there's no Tom Brady, I mean you always you always knew that, you know that the Patriots had won. I mean I guess when it really started when we played him in the regular season so many times, and if we lost to them, you just knew we're gonna have to go play that New England in the playoffs and this like we lost to him week one one time, I'm like, we're coming back here in in January, yeah, and so you just knew they were going to be there. They were so consistent. Look, it was Tom, it was Belichick, it was defense, it was the whole thing, right, It was just this kind of this triple headed monster. Uh so when you played them, yeah, you knew you had to be on your game. You knew their defense was going to be stingy. You know, you just they always Belichick, you know, kind of the easiest way to describe him. He always took away the things you really liked to do. So you had to find something else to kind of do well that game. And then Tom was gonna be on his game, so you had to score some points. But you know, major respect to everybody during that era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 4: You were mentioning in your last answer about how you feel like you quarterbacks just seem to do something a little bit now, I fumbled a big question when we had a Rich Eisen on the podcast because my dad told me something as a kid, and my dad told me this as well. But I was told that when you first got in the NFL, you didn't want to do any marketing stuff until you kind of proved it a little bit. Is that true?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that is true. I just didn't, which people would laugh at now. It's like, you know, you do so many commercials, Peyton, I can't believe there actually was a time when you didn't do anything. But yeah, I think there's something to that about just kind of earning your stripes a little bit and make that the incentive right to go win some games and then, man, some things are going to come your way when you do it, but not just because you got drafted or whatnot. You know, to go and earn it. And that's look, those days are probably out the window now because of what's happening now in college right with Nil. But uh, yeah, I remember the first real commercial uh that I did was kind of uh in my second year uh in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: We'd had a good season, so I felt like I'd kind of maybe earned some stripes. I did a Gatorade commercial with Michael Jordan. Another name drop. Yeah again, but I can tell you where I was on the totem pole. I never knew what a what a what a double was for a commercial. Michael Jordan had this double, the guy that looked kind of like him that just made a ton of money, you know, filling in for Mike on some of the commercials that he did. So I got there and they said, hey, your double, uh is going to be standing in for you. I'm like, Oh, I've got a double. This is this is big.
Speaker 2: You went to see him and.
Speaker 9: They said, uh, they said, you, your hair is a little longer than the double. Do you mind if we give you a little haircut to match the double? And I was like, is that how it's supposed to work? Like would you tell Michael to shave his mustache to match his double? Something tells me I was pretty low on the totem pole. But yeah, look, it's still kind of my advice to rookies is, man, just go earn it, go do it. But the team's going to try to promote you, and the marketing team's gonna want you to go meet every sponsor. I get that there's excitement. It really wasn't me as much Taylor as much as the Colt's organization. I had a great general manager and Bill Pulley and who just said, hey, let this guy play football first before you kind of start trying to use him to promote the team and whatnot. And that really helped me just kind of concentrate on football.
Speaker 4: With your nephew, has he kind of taken that same approach.
Speaker 9: That was kind of what my advice was. Look, you know, he's my nephew. He reaches out to me, you know, for questions, but his dad's been around the block. You know, Cooper's giving him great advice. And I think he wants to play. He wants to establish himself, you know first, And you know, obviously I think they got a good team this year. I'm a big fan of Quinn. I've gotten to know him. He comes down to our camp. The two of them get along great. So I'm proud of him for staying there. Most kids probably transfer in that setting, but he stayed there. He likes playing for Sark, he likes the system, and when he does get in there, he's gonna benefit from kind of having a little kind newity in the system.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know, it's my third one in a row.
Speaker 2: But you're good.
Speaker 4: You know if you obviously calls you a lot, and I know you and Eli have a big rivalry. Who do you think he calls more?
Speaker 9: It's funny, you know, like he's I mean, these these nineteen twenty year olds, I mean, the text response rate, it's not super high, right, it's not a rank completion percentage, So I don't I kind of let him reach out to me if he has a question. He came to Denver a couple of years ago. We worked out. That was fun, and he will every now and then text me with a question about, Hey, a two minute drill. This is what happened in practice today, And I'm sure as soon as he texts me the question he regrets it. Because you can't answer a question about a two minute drill with a.
Speaker 4: Text back just sure what the phone?
Speaker 2: Who he is?
Speaker 9: You have to go to the voice memo. You have to, and it can't be just one. So you bang him back with a seven minute voice memo response about about the two minute about you know what the defense is doing and the plays that you like. You got to go to your staples. Yeah, it plays that you like. And you finish it, and you're like, I didn't even mention the fact that a defense after a time out will probably come with an exotic blitz, so you better call a max protection coming out of the time out. And then you finish that when that's about a six minute or and you're like, well, but I totally even you know forgot about the red zone. Yes, and so three voice membos later, send.
Speaker 2: Me video back. Who do you think the favorite uncle is?
Speaker 1: So, I don't know if he has one.
Speaker 2: Uh, if you did.
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 9: I haven't really seen it. I mean, Eli's a good uncle to my kids. He is, he calls them. Uh, he's got nicknames for all of them, you know, the kids. So I said, we're probably pretty equal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: This episode to bring you Shady Rays. Get ready for the for game day with the latest edition of Barstool sports rival collection Barstool called Shady Rays has has partnered with Barstool Sports to bring you a new lineup of premium polarized shades that are perfect for showing off your team pride. The Barstool College Collection features bold colorways inspired by some of the biggest names in college sports, ensuring you'll find the perfect pair to wrap your team whether you're at a tailgate or in the stands. These shades deliver all day comfort and topnox performance. Plus. With Shady Rays hassle free returns in exchange, you can shop with confidence elevate your game day look with Barstool College Collection. Head over to shady rays dot com and use code boys to get thirty five percent off polarized sunglasses. See for yourself. While over three hundred thousand people have rated these shades five stars. With you talked about two minutes and then there's so much poetry when you watch a good two minute drill quarterback go down the field and just pick a part of defense all the way through. It's truly something beautiful. Is there a one two minute drive that sticks out in your mind where you're like you essentially played chess while the defense is playing checkers?
Speaker 9: I mean I mentioned this this one against the Jets my rookie year. Belichick's the decordinator, Parcels is the head coach. They go to the AFC Championship. So I don't know. We had a fourth and eighteen, which is that you have them right where you want them right yea, and it'sation and so it was fourth and thirteen and Belichick went all out blitz and so we are not ready for We're gonna get sacked whatever. We had a false start, so that takes it to fourth and eighteen. So now that's always the chess game. Does the defensive coordinator do the same blitz on the next play, or since he showed his hand, he's going to do something different. So we, of course the two and twelve colts go, well, he's definitely going to show the same blitz again. So we keep eight guys in the block, saying, like, one guy out on the route, and what does Belichick do? Drop eight guys in the coverage? There's nobody open, and me like, by the book, quarterback, hey, if nobody's open, throw your check down. Probably not what you're supposed to do on fourth and eighteen, right, But coach I was listening, I was taking notes, and I throw this checkdown to Marshall Foch and he breaks seven tackles and gets the first down and then we go down oh away and throw a game winning touchdown. So I always remember that one. But yeah, the two minute drill. My advice to quarterbacks, the pressures on the defense. They have the lead. It really ought to be a time for a quarterback to kind of free up a little bit, right, and let's make the defense get tight. Right, Hey, we can't give up this lead. Hey, let's better not blitz them. We're gonna give a man a man. And so you want to try to kind of lean into that a little bit, but it means you've screwed up in the first three and a half quarters to get to that point as a quarterback. So it's your chance to get out of a bad jam. But hopefully you can play a little free in that situation because nobody really expects you to come back, and maybe you can surprise the crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what coordinator gave you the most problems?
Speaker 1: Patriots spell a check right.
Speaker 9: Tryan was tough, you know, he just did things that didn't make sense to me. I'm like, there's no way he can bring that guy, and he would. I was always looking when I watched the defense will Okay, you know they're never going to bring the will linebacker and the strong safety, so we can eliminate that. And then you watch the Jets or the Ravens game against the Bills and they bring that exact blitch and I'm like, dang, you know.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 9: I had a lot of sleepless nights getting ready to play against his teams.
Speaker 4: The uh We've talked about you getting on other guys, and a lot of times when the quarterback, especially an established quarterbacks, speaks up as an offensive lineman, you don't say a fucking word. You just sit there. You take it and maybe in the locker room say maybe please don't yell at me in front of everbody like that next time. But there was one situation when you were at the Colts Jeff Saturday, yelling about running the ball, which is every offensive lineman's dream. If you if you can just run heavy the whole game, the pressure's off, you can bruise it. And you walk over there, and this is just I'm from an offensive line perspective.
Speaker 1: You come over there getting jet.
Speaker 4: And then you got four or five money. Can you give him the whole listen, It's not that big of a deal. It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: Come down that situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean we were all frustrated. We had this great drive to get down there, and we caught a run play. You remember those days. We were a one back offense. We never had a fullback. So the rules were if the defense just put too many guys in there, you got out of the run and you threw a quick slant or a fade to Marvin or Reggie. And so the rams they went to a you know, a crowded line of scrimmage like on first down and second down, so we threw through incomplete, and we had run the ball all the way down to that point. And now a third down, it's third and goal from the seven. You throw again, so we go three straight incomplete. I'm frustrated, but the line definitely is frustrated. So we're coming off the sideline. I could just hear them over there talking to the line, barely hearing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, loud enough, you can hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Don't know exactly what he's saying, but I know what he's talking about. And you're just sitting there breathing. And finally I just go over there. And as soon as I get over there, I'm like, this is a bad move there too, Oh my god, and they all stand up. I got no backup. You know, Stokeley's going the other way to the D B side of the bench and uh so, yeah, I was miked up at the time, and so that that that lives on forever. But Jeff was my roommate on the road. Our lockers were next to each other. My locker in the Coast locker room was right in between the offensive lineman. You know, a lot of times there's a quarterback sections, the receiver section. I put it right in between the five starting offensive lineman because those are the guys never protecting you. Those are the guys who were talking all the time about checks and audibles. I wanted them to kind of know what I was going to audible too. I didn't want them to be surprised, and so we'd sit by each other on the plane rides. But yeah, that one certainly lives on.
Speaker 4: Lives on forever, you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was going to talk about when it's all coming to an end, like your mortality. Obviously you go out with the Super Bowl, but you had the neck injury, you had the you know, you had the things going you had the things going on physically to where you're throwing for like north to fifty touchdowns, you a run forty touchdowns, and then that last year you kind of know that it's your last year going out. Like, what was it like for you when that mortality started to set in? Like, damn, this game isn't forever, even though I've played, Yeah, what felt like forever?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean I think you just you just kind of know, at least for me, when certain throws that you used to always make that you just don't make them anymore. And the ball's not going where you're where you're supposed to. You just sort of kind of go, hmm, that's that's different, and and so you sort of accept it. And so I think somewhere in my last season I kind of knew it was going to be my last season. But Derek Jeter, I'm just on a name.
Speaker 1: Drop and roll here for good names out there.
Speaker 9: I announced his decision to retire before his last season, and he told me that he regretted that because the whole season was a tribute to Derek Jeter, and in a team sport. He said it got to the point where he was almost embarrassed by it because he was going to play in Milwaukee and they had a video and they were giving him gifts, and he's like, it was all about me and the Yankees didn't have a winning season, and so he said, hey, if you ever know you're going to retire, announced it the day before, decided, and then announced it the next day and be done with it. Don't do it before the season. And so I always remembered that, and so I kind of knew halfway through that last season this is probably going to be it, but you just don't want to say it because then it becomes kind of all about you. And we had a good thing going. And so we got to the super Bowl, and of course they asked you right away that game. You kind of want one moment just to enjoy that game. It was my eighteenth season and you know, had a chance to win the Super Bowl. You want to sort of enjoy that night and not talk about you right away. So I tried to pivot and said, I'm just thinking about drinking a lot of Budweiser tonight. Everybody thought, oh, he's got this, but I was really I had no relationship. You're not allowed to have a at the time. A beer relationship is a current player. I was just I was That's what I was going to do that night. I was gonna drink a lot of beer. I was just trying to get him to stop asking me about retiring. And then and then Tony Dungee had told me, he said, even if you know, just take one more month, just to let it sink in. Don't make some emotional decision. Remember Dick Vermil kind of won the Super Bowl and he said, I'm retiring and then he missed it and he came back and coached the Chiefs, and so I took about a month and then I decided in March that it was going to be it. I was thankful for the time I got to play. Most guys get injured, they oftentimes it's not their decision, they get retired. So to be able to do it on my terms, I was at peace with it, and I was thankful for the time that I got to play and the relationships.
Speaker 1: That I made.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, the equipment manager for Tennessee picked me up today at the airport, right. I cherished my friendship with him, the equipment manager for the Colts texting me a picture of his grandchildren today. And so those are my greatest takeaways from my time playing not a game, not a throw. The friendships, as you guys know, with your teammates and coaches there behind the scenes. The video director here at Tennessee for me is now the video director with the Broncos. And you talk about a guy that's broken more film down for me, and you know he and I are friends. So anyway, you don't get to play anymore, but you still have those relationships.
Speaker 4: Is there not a better group in a franchise than the equipment guys. The equipment guys are the number one cats everywhere we go. Guys, my boy Joey over there, all of them.
Speaker 9: Yes, those guys, I mean, you know, they have they have what I call thankless jobs. I mean nobody, I mean people to come to them when they need something I needed.
Speaker 2: Wasn't in my lockers exactly.
Speaker 1: I said, so show show appreciation.
Speaker 9: I don't know how y'all did your clubhouse dues or whatnot, but I was real big on, hey, take care of these guys because, uh, they love football and they want to win. So, uh, I still send my my clubhouse dues.
Speaker 1: Do you really to the Cults and the Broncos?
Speaker 9: No ship, Yeah, I'm I retired, and so I just, uh yeah, because it's like, you know, they you know it, don't obviously they're not, you know, I'm not seeing them every day. But I'm just thankful for for them for what they did for me.
Speaker 4: Did you guys do flat rates or did you do practice squad as? This much veterans or this?
Speaker 9: We tried to kind of do it different ways. I didn't necessarily like you know, sort of the public sign up list.
Speaker 2: Where they pass.
Speaker 4: It was always Brett Kerran for us, who would sit in front of the team. But here's how it's gonna go, and just kind of label it for everybody. This is where you're at, this is what you're putting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, which is fair, yes, fair right, because you know, I think young players don't realize what these guys are doing, are staying there at midnight washing socks and jockstraps or whatnot. So uh but it's a good it's a good tradition and uh yeah, it's it's funny. I mean today I've talked to both those guys today, so uh, great, great memories.
Speaker 2: A good transition into tier talk, our tier talk. Oh well you gotta you got I did.
Speaker 4: But literally as soon as you said tier talk, my brain like men in Black.
Speaker 2: He was talking about. He was talking about like gift giving our cheer talk we wanted to do with you is the best Like in your career, your top three gifts that you've either given a lineman, the team. I don't know how you've gifted everybody, but your top three.
Speaker 9: Top three, Wow, I guess, I mean you have to probably ask them, I guess. Uh, you know, Jeff and Tartlean and those guys. I flew them all to the Hawaii, to the to the Pro Bowl, right you know, Uh, that was that was kind of one of the first things that I did. Uh, custom made Cowboy boots. Okay, I mean you gotta understand now, this is this is two thousand, two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you flew the line to the Hawaii.
Speaker 9: And there and their spouses. You know, I'm just saying it's like, I mean, my homes like they're like cooler things available now at least I guess, right, And so mom is from the herd, Cowboy boots, custom made suits, overcoats, you know, like always something fitted, you know, bring the guy in electronics TVs. But it wasn't like it wasn't a it wasn't a Christmas gift like it was you had to have blocked well gift. Like one year two thousand and one, we didn't make the playoffs and my left guards like with no gift. This year, I'm like, there's no playoffs. You know, you ever seen Team Wolf, No Wolf, no part you know, no blocking, no gifts, So like the rules change. I mean, you know, Tara Glenn at one point was making my left tackle was making I don't know, like twelve million a year used to be quarterback. Take care of the poor old offensive line. On the offensive lineman they're making bank. They're like, yeah, God bless them like that, Like what is this watch?
Speaker 1: I mean right, this is it's not even the best role x out there.
Speaker 2: This is right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, offensive linemen OFFENSEI limon gotta get paid. That's a good that's a good call.
Speaker 2: Was there a how about this starting on line?
Speaker 1: No, I took care of all of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, here I took care of the wingman.
Speaker 9: Uh, you know, the practice squad guys, and yeah, then you start spreading out you got the tight ends, uh, receivers and so yeah, like I felt like, uh, I tried to show, you know, my appreciation for all those guys, because you know, you're you know, sometimes receiving some of the awards or whatnot, but those are the guys that were making it, making it happen.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm walking over to Peyton's locker, like, hey, you got anything for your boy?
Speaker 4: For linebackers? Yeah, maybe for white metal linebackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh that reminds me.
Speaker 9: No, never never never crossed over.
Speaker 2: We had not for pet Anger.
Speaker 4: We had we had Josh Allen and we talked about going to an empty situation. There's one middle linebacker that you know is a liability and coverage he goes out with your running back. Josh called it a milk check white guy. I see him. That's why I'm staying in the box around Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you it was it.
Speaker 4: Did you ever have like a a listen, got an over white guy out here? We got to take advantage of this poor soul.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think it's Zach Thomas a bunch And that was the kind of thing we always sick because he was always in the middle.
Speaker 1: We were always like, you know.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure if he can if he can cover, can we just can.
Speaker 2: We get him outside of the box, get.
Speaker 9: Him out there? And he was just what you said. He was so smart. He never put himself in that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you gotta know your weakness.
Speaker 1: Checked out.
Speaker 9: Sending the sam out there, the will out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, couldn't.
Speaker 9: We could never get him in that spot. And maybe look, he was just players, so he probably could have covered them, but so we'll never know.
Speaker 2: I guess no milk checks.
Speaker 4: You talked about the gift giving is great. But one thing that I've always appreciated you for was some of the clips I would see about pranks you would do. You'd want the pull boil, you empty the little thing. Do you have any like top pranks you ever put on guys in the locker room at you were like, man, I've done it, just you know.
Speaker 9: I mean training camp, everybody had golf carts. Coaches had golf carts. We were always trying to get those moved, you know, into like there was a little pond in the middle of the training camp, had a little platform out there. We got the golf carts moved out all that One time, big trash can full of water leaned against the door in the dorm rooms on the last night or training camp when their bags are packed and their luggage should be on the floor, right, you know this is a yearly Yeah, oh yeah, last night last night. I can't you gotta be last night. They got to be packed because we'd say practice in the morning. I kind of get up and say, guys, practice in the morning. I'm telling you you don't want to get on the road, so you know, I just go ahead and pack up tonight it's a nice veteran and you lean that trash can against that door, you know, about eleven thirty after bed checking, you just you know, bang on that door hard. And they opened that door and it's just a tidal wave, the flood coming in. And like I said, you know, if it only gets their dorm, it's not really good. But when he gets that luggage, oh yeah, they're a nice luggage that they've had. They got their picture with their girlfriend probably on top of the bag. It's ruined.
Speaker 1: It's trying to think.
Speaker 9: Uh. And another guy, guy in Denver, who had a had a picture of his girlfriend in his room. I think it was like body paint of her, you know, like I just it was an interesting picture to have in training camp and we got it somehow, and we had a security you know, you know, you have security on the floor right and like these guys, you know, they take naps like you know, eleven o'clock, and we put that picture like on the security guard's lap, like as he was sleeping, and that kind of caused a little stir put the player like why does the security guard have a my girlfriend and body paint? So uh, anything to keep you know, keep things loose. You guys know the grind of training camp. So just to make things fun. But yeah, I miss that. I haven't put a trash can full of water in a hotel room. You want to mess with Eli, Eli's Eli's got some got some prank game. He's big with the cell phone. His go to move for years was you could change your settings. You could change the language on your phone. He'd like say, hey, will let's get a picture, you know, and uh, I'll take it of YouTube first. And you're taking your picture and he changes your phone to Chinese.
Speaker 1: And now you can't get it out.
Speaker 2: Now you can't, you can't pick it out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, in general, in settings are Chinese. And now his go to he is is a thing called text replacement. The feature on your phone would be anything you text often that's long worded, your address, your email? He what's your email?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 9: Text replacement. If you put you know, p, it auto corrects to your email. But see it autocorrects to your address. Well, you can make whatever you want to mean whatever you want. So he changes the word yes on my phone to I.
Speaker 1: Just sharded okay.
Speaker 9: And so when my wife says, hey, are you going to be home?
Speaker 2: For dinner. You know, I don't quick?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and she says actually, She's like, oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? I'm like what what just happened? So anyway, respect That's a good one. Don't mess with him.
Speaker 2: That is a solid one.
Speaker 4: What are this episode to bring you?
Speaker 2: Let's lock in. Ope, they taped it. They taped it. Smart move, smart move. You hear that noise?
Speaker 4: That's a Lucy breaker in my lip right there, dude. Lucy is the obvious choice for the true nicotine pouch connoisseurs. That's why they're the official nicotine pouch partners of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouches go up to twelve milligrams in strength and have a unique shape that feels great. It really does the shape itself for all you guys who used to chew and now want to get off the chew. This is one of those things you put in your lip and it's like, oh, it's big enough where I feel little something. I feel like it's like replacing that one thing I used to love. Not I have the nicotine inside me. Each bigger pouch contains a hydration capsule that you can crack open with your teeth. Before tossing it in your lip. The capsule releases a burst of flavor and helps release nicotine faster for an experience that you can't find in any other pouch. Gas station pouches get the job done. But once you've tried Lucy you want anything else in your pocket? Get Lucy ship straight to your door. Visit Lucy Co forward slash busting and use promo code busting to get twenty percent off your first order and if you subscribe you will get another fifteen percent off and shipping is always free. Loose Your products are for adults only of legal age and every order is age verified. Warning, this product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical. Back to the episode, do.
Speaker 2: You guys have had so much success with the maning cast on all productions and everything else? Is there anything that is there something that you guys are doing different this year that people can look forward to.
Speaker 9: We decided this year we were talking about him earlier. Bill Belichick is gonna be a permanent first half guest, permanent in every game that we're doing this year. It's going to talk about the defense. We got Niners Jets first game. He'll come on and talk about you know, the three things that the Jets are going to have to do to stop Purty? You know what the Niners is gonna have to do to stop Aaron Rodgers. He'll be able to talk about, you know, maybe some coaching decisions that might happen. Look, I don't enough people have gotten to hear Belichick's brilliance, right, he never shared with everybody. His players know. I played for him in two Pro Bowls. I have a sense of it. But we've had rehearsals. I come away as a smarter football fan after listening to him, and he's witty and he's dry. He couldn't tell in the rehearsal when we were live and when we weren't a couple of times. So some of the things he said when we were live and he thought we weren't were great, And Like, if we could just get that a little bit, Eli, I could just trick him, like, Bill, we're not live, what do you really think right now? So I don't know if we'll do that to him as a rookie prank, But I'm excited about that because he's Look, he's a brilliant football mind, and I think viewers will have the benefit of hearing from him and Eli and I looking forward. Plus he don't like Eli because he Super Bowls Bill making fun of Eli's encouraged here, So it should be a fun year, dude.
Speaker 2: That's that's gonna be awesome. Is there anything over these first few years that you kind of look at and you're like, we need to get better in these areas because obviously it's a new thing.
Speaker 9: No, we do a study in the off season, just like you do when you're playing. And look, we have these guests on We've learned that when we're interviewing a guest about why they love football and a big play happens, we've got to cut them off or her off and say, hey, hold that thought. I got to tell you what Aaron Rodgers just did here. He just checked to a wide receiver screen verse cover zero and they just gashed the Riners. Eli and I weren't doing that enough because they want to be rude. We want to enduct y'all. But the fans have kind of spoken in our little study that we did, and they said, hey, we want to hear about the big plays that happened. And Belichick's going to be a first half guest and then maybe just have two guests in the second half. Try to have one former player or a current player, and then maybe one celebrity. Maybe just to have enough, you know, a football discussion in the fourth quarter, and then maybe one celebrity. Because look, the show, it's supposed to be different than the main broadcast, right. They don't want just me and Eli talking, so we have to be different. Those are our instructions. So we think, uh, you know, being sure the guests are dialed into the game, and being sure we're always talking about what's going on in the game. So and then if Eli would just stop making forehead jokes. It's been four years, it's it's it's expired.
Speaker 4: Gott to find new materials.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you keep going back to the same stuff. So, uh, those are a couple of things we want to work.
Speaker 2: On a couple of things.
Speaker 4: I know you're out of time, and I just want to say thank you. This has been so awesome, the stories have been amazing. I want to let you know that we are also available every Monday anytime.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have we have repeat guests.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Just know that the boys got you.
Speaker 9: You were voted uh high in our off season study. People appreciated well, the bust and bump, the stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rating, a little painting at the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see here there was a big jump here in week eleven. That's guys.
Speaker 1: You get the paint.
Speaker 2: You got No, we never got the paint. You got the hang on, We get the Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's on the Instagram.
Speaker 2: I was going to say again, Instagram the colass.
Speaker 4: But thank you for taking the time. Seriously, this was awesome. We've wanted to get you on the show for a long time. We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: You're a legend.
Speaker 2: No, no, really are Bro. My dad's gonna be fired up at the cafeteria in high school. I battled to the death for you. But once Tom got a couple more, it's kind of like, but I'm talking every year, I'm like vain coming out of my neck.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: But the boys got your back. Bro. Thank you so much as thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thanks,