Speaker 1: Earners.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 2: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 3: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 4: For anyone who may be watching right now and they're like, Okay, with all this doom and gloom, what's the point if the system is read, can we give them a conclude answer about why you still have to invest despite of the conditions we may face in roadblocks that may be thrown away.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's the only option, Like he said, you know, the only three ways to get the bill Welk in his country is is real estate, stocks.
Speaker 1: And business.
Speaker 5: You noticed he didn't say working a job, saving. He didn't say any of that. So at the end of the day, Republican, Democrat, independent, doesn't matter. If your goal is to have financial freedom, which people that watch just show that's usually their goal. You have to invest. That's the only the only way. It's the only way to have financial freedom. Now, you're still going to have other issues in life, but this show is focused on financial freedom. So yeah, with that being said, at least me to my next question. Beyond stocks, what are some alternative sources of income for those looking to invest heavily while moving beyond a traditional nine to five job.
Speaker 1: I mean, we just talked to hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 4: You have to build a business or build something that that you're best.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 4: I know it's not an answer that everyone loves, but even when we're talking yesterday about networking tips, a keep your pitch down to ten seconds because it's going to be people meeting all day, all night. But when you're looking to build a business, what can you do that someone else in the world is not able to do? You want to enter a field that doesn't have a ton of competition. So like when chat GPT came onto the scene, they have more competitors now, but for seventy five years they were trying to make something like that.
Speaker 1: They were the ones that were able to execute it.
Speaker 4: Google, who dropped the fucking ball, were supposed to have come out with something like this eight years ago.
Speaker 1: They didn't do it. What can you build?
Speaker 4: What resource can you give to your community, to the world that no one else can do, and then you'll get a win fall from there. You have to build a business or help someone build theirs. So going back to the CEO of Starbucks, now, his skill set is so valuable that it's worth paying them one hundred and thirteen million dollars and conversation to help resurrect Starbucks from where they are now to where.
Speaker 1: They should be.
Speaker 4: So be so valuable that you can increase the evaluation of a company. That's the only way you have to build a business.
Speaker 1: Have to.
Speaker 2: Know more to it. That's it.
Speaker 4: Work on your craft every day. I keep stressing this be genuine and the people that you meet. But people can feel if you worked on your craft when you're pitching, like we'll talk about it, but you're like, hey, what can I do to get better? You guys have the conversation when Nick Cannon is like, hey, do there's networking matter more being great at your craft. The answer is both. But if you're not great at it, the connection doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Can you put up points on the board when you get the ball in your proverbial court?
Speaker 2: Can you continuously put points up on the board?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And the crunch time, Yeah, it's important because I mean each person is has a subjective opinion, and so is your message is going to be consistent every time?
Speaker 2: Are you going to show up every time the same way.
Speaker 1: And the output be consistent? It's important.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, can we run through some earners really quickly? Since we're talking about obviously investing in creating business. You tell me what you think about these companies. A big week for retail. We got Low's reporting this week, we got Target so, Macy's, TJ max Is reporting, we got DJ's, Tava's reporting.
Speaker 1: Ross.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts around retail? I think that they're seeing some Upjeck.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say uninvestable, but that's not why I will put my first set of cash if I have some spare cash. I don't want to lie and say that they're investable like someone else lies.
Speaker 1: Shout them. But Kava I like Target not so much. And also like, okay, what is the interest rate? This is a great exercise.
Speaker 4: What is the current interest rate versus what is the profit margin at these companies?
Speaker 1: Great exercise.
Speaker 4: So if the profit margin for Target hypothetically is eight percent in our interest rate is I don't want that kind of thing of of a margin.
Speaker 1: BJ's easy joke. I want to do it.
Speaker 4: Caba like though Ross rosses than that Ross too easy, you know what I mean? But Ross Ross I like Kava, Like who else is on there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: TJ Max? TJ Max had a rough quarter, solid solid, you know, I'm interest in seeing Snowflake. Snowflake, they got beat up last quarter so bad they haven't recovered, dropped down to one fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in seeing that. And then one of the darlings of the pandemic, Zoom.
Speaker 4: Remember when they said Snowflake was gonna be like the no no no no.
Speaker 3: Reality set in for them a bit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it didn't didn't quite deliver it. Where is it's a one thirty?
Speaker 1: It was that three ninety eight, Oh baby them coach?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this year was at two thirty two in February two thirty two, and it's it took a beating. I think it was after the first quarter, second quarter earning his report, and it has it.
Speaker 2: It has a recover, that has a recover. So I'm interested to see him with how they report.
Speaker 1: Knocked down one hundred and eight bucks over the last four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah for ne though, m h yeah, unless the.
Speaker 4: Buffett going to bob a whole bunch of shars and merger with Geico.
Speaker 2: But you know, what do you think about Zoom?
Speaker 3: You're talking about one that at its peak it's trying to stay above trying to stay around above sixty dollars at this point.
Speaker 4: If you're a Zoom, who can you sell to that is a great piece of technology but has no use case? Even with that, are more people on Zoom or Instagram Live.
Speaker 2: They might have missed the point.
Speaker 4: They should have sold as soon as they got hot. I would have been making every call, just like the equity company deal a rock Nation, Hey smurgeral well, where you at speaking of which weekend?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Zoom uninvestible.
Speaker 1: Shout to the management CEO.
Speaker 5: But we have we have to Actually, I'm glad you said this. We have to be fair about this situation.
Speaker 1: I did speak to.
Speaker 5: Dang dash who you know, you know, we reported something that everybody reported last week when it was actually a teachable moment when Rock a fella well reasonable doubt. He has a judge thing that's a judgment to sell reasonable doubt and jay Z's lawyer, so it's been going on auction, but jay Z's lawyer or Rock Nations lawyer put his statement out saying that whoever buys it is going to revert back to jay Z in twenty thirty. Essentially, you know you're discouraging people from buying it by the same point in that statement, for sure. So is that something because it's like eight hundred thousand dollars, right, It's not like it's eight hundred million dollars, right, Yeah, So is how do you feel about that? How do you what that's something that you would do? How do you feel? What do you what do you answer? How do you what do you think? As far as in the in the yeah, you're understands.
Speaker 2: What side of the colony is you on?
Speaker 5: If side of truth, the side of if he was the person that was had the judgment, No, the other side of the person you're on a judgment? You know, you know you're not in the position doing anything for the president, who was going to.
Speaker 4: Revert to okay, gotcha, I was actually because you know, Joseph was talking about buying it, right, I think we should buy them off a dame and given to Hope, and we should do what buy the master off a day friend and give them the whole. Why would we do that relationship?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Why would you give it? If you buy it, why would you give it?
Speaker 4: Well, how much money you think you'll be able to make off of it in a six year period? I think the return on investment on a relationship probably ten next if they bought Manhattan for twenty four dudges.
Speaker 2: They don't take me as those type of guys.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: If it was me buying a flat out, would I to have rights to it for five or six years?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Once again, going back to the conversation we had privately, I don't want to make it enemy out of anybody on that side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you don't touch it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know it's one because he like you know, he's uninvestable.
Speaker 4: By making that statement, he almost gave a declaration of war to say you only have five years anyway, but five or six years, but those five sec years can be Lawyers don't even make those.
Speaker 1: Statements normally run back to Sean anyway, what Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unless you don't want to you know, you don't want eck where you go to the prison.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, you know, he he he.
Speaker 5: I think he's looking at from a standpoint of he's saying that, and he said this before, like you know that the bylaws were changed and the potential sale originally it was supposed to be it was supposed to be valued at twenty million, ten to twenty million, So how does it come to only eight hundred thousand? And then putting that statement out actually lowers the value even more to the point where I don't know what the market value is now or maybe one hundred thousand maybe who knows. You know, it's uh so, I guess the question would be what would be the motive for doing that? I guess that's that's the mind frame that he would kind of go in. It's like, what would be the motive of somebody doing that? Other then you know, devaluate it to.
Speaker 4: Hurt, to devaluate it and then destroy completely because if I make it uninvestable, or not a wise investment and is it going to revert back to jay z anyway is to drive the buyer's market. No different if you have a condom enemies, like, well it's contaminated with lead. Of course you're going to devalue the property for what it could go for.
Speaker 3: That's on the sale of it. But if there's a judgment on the side of it, doesn't that change it? Right, Like in the sense of it if it doesn't sell at that value, right if the judgments for eight hundred thousand, and now the value of that is going down to let's say, if it's one, there's still seven hundred thousand that needs to be made on that judgment.
Speaker 1: That hurts him, right, that hurts him design So it's.
Speaker 5: Like looking like, why would you want to hurt me more than I've already suffered?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like you if you have to pay eight hundred thousand, and your asset, your only asset that you have, could potentially sell for eight hundred thousand, that'll get you out the clear. But now if that asset is deemed worthless, you still owe eight hundred thousand. So now it's just puts you in a pibbow.
Speaker 2: A different situation here.
Speaker 5: Now you got to try to figure out where're gona get eight hundred thousand from.
Speaker 4: This reminds me a lot of warm Buffett Lehman situation in two thousand and eight. I'll say the economy. But as a result, something has to fall apart that I want to fall apart.
Speaker 2: So he's saying we should call Jamie Diamond. He got the answer, let me come save you all.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child graphy in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,