Speaker 1: From Hollywood. See you. Thank you for listening to us on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Starships. If you want to go see Nicki minaj I do have your tickets coming up to Rolling it Out where you'll see Nikki and post Molone and some others and postmone was awesome. I don't know if you saw. Uh this was weeks ago now, but yes, New YEAR'SZ How long ago? No, I guess it wasn't weeks but a while ago. He was in the Fountain Blue Uh doing that performance there in casual look very cool, casual shortsts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, gosh, that's a lot so good. Like whatever he puts on, it's cool exactly. So I mentioned it's National clean Up your Desk Day. Let's just take a look at what's in front of us. Who has the messiest, like stuff here, pile of stuff here?
Speaker 3: Would you say.
Speaker 2: Let me see yours? Okay, you have more computer. You're more organized than I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I just have like my sheets and then like my little.
Speaker 3: It's in its place. Tony. You have you you're fine.
Speaker 6: Your organized minds a little gross, but I mean it's not so bad.
Speaker 2: I think Mark gives me more things so I have a more piles of things, wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: Say, Yeah, you're just pretty sloppy.
Speaker 2: Mine's very sloppy because it's like thrown at me in all kinds of different order.
Speaker 5: Ah, maybe for twenty twenty four. You could try to hit that trash can.
Speaker 3: It's right there now. So here's the deal.
Speaker 5: Shape shots fired is.
Speaker 2: Under my feet. So I have a problem where when I finished something on the floor.
Speaker 5: No, I think one day I took a picture of it.
Speaker 6: It is you just missed the trash can entirely.
Speaker 3: Can I started doing things early this morning. I can show you righty there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 6: You just why, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't I don't know. The trash can is small. The trash can isn't fit the page.
Speaker 7: By the way, my page is fit right in the trash can. It reminds me if I used to throw towels on the floor when I was a kid. My mom used to go go all mark on me.
Speaker 5: My poor mother. Then she'd have to bend down pick them up.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I think because I'm moving fast that I like I finished something, I put it down. Yeah, and I'm into the next thing. I'm so in the moment. I've never been more in the moment than in the moment I.
Speaker 5: Look down it look my two year old.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, fine, I have the energy of a two year old youthful.
Speaker 3: Spirit because I can't. It's on its right. I can't look down. I can't look for the can.
Speaker 6: No, nobody wants to look down.
Speaker 5: She's like walking with something and she drops it, moves on to the next thing, drops it.
Speaker 3: The key to this job is just being a listener.
Speaker 6: Yes, eyes up, keep it moving. Would you look at my mouth or my eyes when I talk your eyes?
Speaker 3: I look at your mouth.
Speaker 5: I look at your mouth.
Speaker 3: Intimate, No, it's not intimate.
Speaker 2: That's how you know what people are saying. You gotta look at what they're saying. Like when I interview people on the red carpet. When I used to do that, I used look at their yeah, like really hear what they were saying.
Speaker 5: I think if I looked at your eyes get lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would not know what you're saying. If I just look at your eyes, for sure, you have no expression with your eyes just there.
Speaker 6: Yes, I do have so much expression with my eyes.
Speaker 2: I don't blink, like if I look at your mouth, I can tell what you're about to say easier than looking at your eye.
Speaker 3: Would you say with tany it's like that, right.
Speaker 5: I agree with everybody. Truly, eyes do nothing.
Speaker 3: My eyes don't talk as much as my mouth.
Speaker 6: Yes, the window to your soul, okay, but this is the radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we're not trying to get into each other's souls. I love you guys, but not that much.
Speaker 3: Stay out of my soul.
Speaker 6: In your souls good.
Speaker 2: We then really focused on, you know, new things for the new year. How long would that last?
Speaker 3: Don't know?
Speaker 2: But it is a good opportunity to try and start new things. I will say that. Like I've seesawed with my fitness a little bit more so than ever over the holidays this year. I went hard the week between Christmas and New Year's and then I slacked off a little bit after New Year's And I want to get back into it, but I found with every year that I come back to it, it's harder to get back into it. Like every year, you know, you have to I have to add a little more to get back to where I was.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just called life and growing a year older.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't. I don't want to be that, but I am.
Speaker 5: You feel it.
Speaker 2: You feel it a little more each year you do, and you feel like they get away from it and get back.
Speaker 3: Delta is greater. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the stuff, the stuff you can get away with last year, you can't really get away with anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I wrote down, I wrote down the next fourteen days. Oh and in the fourteen days, I wrote down an hour to attain fitness, to do something physical.
Speaker 6: Which is doable. So you're doing are you doing seventy five hard? Have you seen that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 6: It's like the trend people are doing on social media, seventy five hard meaning seventy five days straight of working out.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm doing fourteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, you're adjacent.
Speaker 2: Like a sliver. But I'm trying to do if I can. I can't say seventy five that's like overwhelming to me. But fourteen, in my head is doable. And when I get to the twelfth, maybe I'll at fourteen. But I want to see my results are in fourteen. Okay, that's what I need to see. I can't seventy five is too much to bite off. People are doing that off yeh yeah, all right, sisty, you're also doing this with your family. You guys are setting goals with everybody, which are kind of cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was the first year that I introduced New Year's resolutions or goals, intentions and all that to the kids and then explaining that in itself was a mission. They kind of just didn't understand what it was. But it was exciting, nonetheless. And so we were sitting at dinner the other day and we all went around the table kind of saying, what are what our goals were going to be for this year. So Michael started and he said, I want to wake up at five am every morning. And that's his goal. Actually, so far, he's been pretty good.
Speaker 3: He's been well, if you had to do that, you wouldn't want to do it.
Speaker 5: He's right, I love it. He's been waking up with you and he made my coffee like he's been like helping me out the door. I'm I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Along with this last who knows? Okay, well good, what else?
Speaker 5: Maxen wants to also wake up early. He said he wants to make his bed every morning before school with enough time to watch the episodes of Bluey.
Speaker 3: So is that a trade like if you get if you make a bet, you get to watch.
Speaker 5: It's just like, as long as he's ready for school and has the time before school starts, he can. Episodes of July are like eight minutes long. They're not they're not long, but.
Speaker 3: I feel like if everybody's doing this get up earlier thing, he'll stick with it.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Asa said she just wants to make her bed every morning, and she also wants to make our bed every morning. WHOA, WHOA?
Speaker 3: What are you feeding these kids?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: It kind of was a trend. I feel like sometimes when you go around circle like they just kind of pick up whatever is saying and then savellah. She doesn't talk much. She just said diaper, which I think is.
Speaker 3: Her way ways to make up her own diaper.
Speaker 5: She wants to be potty training this year, so I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 3: Wow, your family's on a roll.
Speaker 5: And then I want to go on more walks and I want to be more efficient with my time. So and also when it comes to more walks, I just want to be able to walk places that you can drive to. I think living in La we get so dependent on our cars. So we live in an area where we can actually walk to places, and I want to just walk to get my nails done, walk to go and get some coffee whatever it is on the weekends, and not drive there.
Speaker 2: Let me help you with efficiency. You have to do a lot of phone calls, right, Yes, start with I just stepped out of something.
Speaker 5: I just stepped out of something.
Speaker 2: I just stepped out of something. And get into your call, Like you just stepped out of something to make that call so that someone knows you something's waiting for you, so you get right to the conversation. Is that line, No, you probably did step out of something like tany hate, I just stepped.
Speaker 3: Out of something.
Speaker 5: Say that to me.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna be like, I would never say that to you. I would just say, hey, real quick, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's another real quick, real quick, real quick, just real quick, Hey in one minute.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been.
Speaker 5: Using Siria a lot more. I hadn't used him in a while, and I've really been relying on Siri. Liked on the phone. Hey, Siri wouldn't wake them up if I'd say that, What do.
Speaker 3: You rely on Syria for?
Speaker 5: Like the other day I did it to make my appointment to go get my nails inn, whereas before I would have went in there and typed it in and did all that is siria him mine is.
Speaker 3: I changed mine to a dude, so your voice is dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can do that, you can, Mike. Mine's a British guy.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know you could do it. Oh all right, let's come back here. Well done. I like it.
Speaker 2: Efficiency, all the things, focus on the goals. Your family's on a roll. Your morning hack is next. How to get sharpie inc Out of everything? Sistney, you had a hack about getting sharpie off your fingernails using a pencil eraser.
Speaker 3: That stuck with me.
Speaker 2: And I use sharpie a lot for stuff, and I get it on things, and so sharpie gets on everything and the best ways to get it out. If you have sharpie on your clothes, use hand sanitizer to get it out. If you get sharpie on your walls, use toothpaste to get it off. If you have sharpie and your carpet, use white vinegar. If you have sharpie on your furniture, use milk. If you have sharpie on your ceramics or glass, use toothpaste and baking soda together.
Speaker 3: Wow, but the whole list because that's a lot of.
Speaker 2: But furniture milk really struck me. I cannot wait to share that one. Holistic kissing them dot com keyword Ryan. Yeah, it's fine to fight for someone who loves you. It's a waste of time to fight for someone to love you.
Speaker 5: Oh amen. This swift lyric.
Speaker 3: Quote of the day. It was close maybe.
Speaker 6: You know, but like with the slight word change, this was.
Speaker 3: An unknown author.
Speaker 1: Kiss FM headlines with well.
Speaker 5: It heads up. A high wind warning and a winter storm warning will be an effect for most of the south Land until noon tomorrow. Authorities are warning about an uptick in counterfeit Stanley cups a surge in popularity. The morning comes after the chaos of Stanley's pink Valentine's Day tumbler's. Kim Kardashian's clothing company Skims is facing a lawsuit for privacy violations. The lawsuit alleges that Skims used spyware to monitor users activity and collect sensitive information. Hikes be Disneyland's half marathon event returns for the first time in seven years. It's the this weekend at the at Disneyland Resort and around the area on there with Ryan Seacrest, and.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to play Name so Calcity.
Speaker 2: All right, this is pretty easy actually on the scale of games as it's called there, Name That so Cal City, Nicole, You're in upland gonna play for some Tate Mcrat tickets.
Speaker 3: Good morning in Upland how you doing.
Speaker 8: Good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm good good.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna help you along on this one. It's Name That so Cal City Celebrity Edition. I'm gonna name a celebrity that grew up in Southern California, and you tell me what city they grew up in in Southern California.
Speaker 3: It's multiple choice.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, but do worry because I didn't know any of these when I looked at them, and I've.
Speaker 3: Met most of them. But one, okay, okay, one, you know the one I.
Speaker 5: Haven't met, don't I know?
Speaker 2: Okay, when we get there, all right, here we go, So you gotta get three right before you get three wrong. The first one, Jessica Albert was born in this southern California city a Fountain Valley, b Resita or c Pomona, Jessica.
Speaker 1: Alba Tong Valley.
Speaker 3: It was Pomona. Yeah, whytch, you think Counton Valley. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't know. She seems like she's an Orange County girl.
Speaker 5: You know, I vibe from her too.
Speaker 2: She later graduated from Claremont High School. We'll back at sixteen years old. Actually, fun fact?
Speaker 3: All right, next one, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Aniston was born in this southern California city A Sherman Oaks, be Whittier or Cee Ranch.
Speaker 4: Cucamonga, Rancho Cucamonga.
Speaker 2: Actually it was Sherman Oaks. I too, missed all of these, so I don't I don't know. I don't unrelate to the struggle here. Fun fact. She was not there for longer. Family moved to New York when she was young. Okay, next trick, question to stay in it. Will Ferrell was born in this southern California city A Marina del Rey, b Irvine or.
Speaker 3: C in Sino.
Speaker 1: U.
Speaker 2: I say, yeah, b Irvine, that's it, that's right.
Speaker 3: Congratulations. Fun fact.
Speaker 2: Will attended University High School in Irvine. He was voted best personality, of course he was. Shalne Woodley was born in this southern California city a San Bernardino B Tarzana or c Redunda Beach A San Bernardino or Tarzana or Beach.
Speaker 3: What do you think? Yeah, that's it. That's it. That's it, that's it. You are alive in the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, Now, this is the person I've never met before, Megan Meghan Markole never matter was born in this southern California city A Long Beach, B Culver City or c.
Speaker 3: Canoga Park. You did it. Way to come back.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, you really came back in the end there, Nicole.
Speaker 2: But this game is impossible. How would anybody know? I would not know anything.
Speaker 6: That was like leading the witness.
Speaker 2: Well whatever, I wanted to give away the tickets to see date mcgrad layoff Toney, Congratulations, you're going to see her, and now you know everybody's from awesome?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: One second, Like, how that's I hostible? How would I know?
Speaker 5: That's tough?
Speaker 3: Like, how would I know that?
Speaker 2: Let me any of those actually any of them tough. I was trying to figure out, Okay, how do I game this for her? Along the way? I think it worked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that definitely worked on air with Ryan Seacres.
Speaker 2: All right, so a lot of resets going on for the new year one or two point seven kiss fn. We have chosen words for the year in the past. Just thinking back to twenty twenty three, the word, Sisney, your word was breathe. In twenty twenty three, that was the word you focused on.
Speaker 3: Tanya. Yours was renaissance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure had one.
Speaker 3: Mine was elevate.
Speaker 2: I totally forgot all those words, right, No, twenty twenty four, Sidney, yours was elevating.
Speaker 5: I had no idea your word was elevating.
Speaker 3: Last think you did? No, I did not. Tanya's was try.
Speaker 6: No, it is try. This is this year.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but you picked it early in the year, so okay.
Speaker 2: Tanya's is try, and clearly she's trying to make sure I get it right, and mine is simplicity.
Speaker 1: Edit.
Speaker 3: You're gonna see this sweater a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you right now, you're gonna see this blue v NEX sweater a lot from Jacob.
Speaker 6: I'm into it. I like that.
Speaker 2: It's like, this is what every every one of your men should have. This simple j cru blue V next one nice. What's it called a simple blue V neck? Jake Ruswis send us the link. Angie Dennehy teaches seventh grade. She's come on with us a couple of times, and she's back this year because she does this exercise with her students where they pick a word and try and focus on that for the year.
Speaker 3: Hi, Angie, how are you great?
Speaker 8: How are y'all?
Speaker 2: We're good? Thanks for coming back on. So I'm curious what are kid's words this year? Are you seeing any trends in the words from seventh graders this year?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So this year.
Speaker 8: I saw a lot of words like optimistic, effort, and lead.
Speaker 4: Those were kind of like.
Speaker 8: The big ones that stuck out this year, which I love all of those.
Speaker 3: Those are great.
Speaker 2: I wonder like how influential are parents or like things are happening in the world on these words.
Speaker 3: That kids choose.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: I teach a lot of athletes, and so I think a lot of them like really look for like that leadership role that they see from these you know, college and other professional athletes. So I feel like that's where they're getting a lot of their stuff from, as well as their parents.
Speaker 3: And how do they use this word to focus throughout the year.
Speaker 8: So I actually teach health this year, and so we're really focused big on mental health and so when I started this, I really wanted them to think of this word, you know, to guide their year, and I want to continue to come back to it as we progress throughout the semester and really make sure that they're honing in on their mental health and making sure they're making good choices that come back and reflect the words that they've It's.
Speaker 2: Such a simple exercise. I love that you do it with your students, and I love that we do it here too.
Speaker 8: Me too.
Speaker 4: I think it's great. It's so fun.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for coming on and sharing that with us. By the way, congratulations, seventh grade teacher just got married. How'd he propose?
Speaker 8: He proposed that this like beautiful fountain area. It was gorgeous, and then we just got married in November, and so it was just the best ever.
Speaker 2: Well, you should know, Tanya is engaged to be married, and now Ruby in the back room just got engaged and she's getting married too, So it's really going around.
Speaker 6: It's exciting.
Speaker 8: I followed Tanya very closely, and I love hearing about her engagement and all of her wedding festivities because it's the best season of life, and so I love I love that she's getting to experience it. She deserved it all.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 6: Thank you. It is a really great season.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks Angie for coming on. Keep up the good work with the kids. You are in charge of the future.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: Are good words, optimism, effort and lead lead. Really it was in our pocket for next year. Ginny, and good morning, and thank you for listening. How you doing in Norwalk?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 10: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: How can we serve you? Help you?
Speaker 10: I hosted Christmas at my house with my sister and her kids, and my one nephew couldn't make it. He's the adult nephew and he was six, so he couldn't come. And I did have a card for him with money in it as a gift, but my sister left it at the house and forgot it and I haven't seen her or my nephew since the holidays. Well, yesterday she called me in a panic asking if I gave her son a card, and I said, yeah, sure, but you left it here and I haven't seen you. I had a Christmas card for him and she said, okay, well was there money in it? And I said yes, okay, well how much was it? And I was I gave him one hundred dollars and and she was like, okay, well, is there any way you can mow that money right away? And at first I was a little taken aback, like what kind of like that's a weird thing to ask me to do. It's not about the card, obviously. And then after we hung up, she texted me, Hey, have you sent the money yet? Did you send the venmo yet? I mean, am I crazy for being a little.
Speaker 3: Why she's so aggressive about getting one in the money?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 10: She needs to give him money for something, but nothing about the card.
Speaker 1: I mean, how old is he's?
Speaker 10: Nineteen?
Speaker 5: Can you venmo him directly? I mean, would that make it?
Speaker 10: Yeah, of course I can. It's just you haven't come by to visit me. You could have reached out like oh I forgot the card, but to just call me out of the blue like hey, hey, I need the money.
Speaker 2: How's your sister's relationship been with you in general?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 10: Pretty well, and you know, sometimes she has a hard time. So that kind of puts a little bit of a strain on me and our French or our relationship because I feel like I have to help and I take it personally, you know, like, I don't feel like I'm appreciated, so this kind of made me feel I don't know, it just feels icky. I don't know, and I don't know how to address it.
Speaker 3: So you have not sent one hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: No why?
Speaker 10: I just thought it was really strange.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe figure out a way to give the one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: I would give it directly to your nephew and sent him.
Speaker 2: Because you're afraid that his mom's taking it. I mean, whatever, Yes, no, don't give one hundred dollars to your nephew and say here you go and send him a digital Christmas card.
Speaker 10: Yeah that's a good idea. But do you think it's even worth talking to her?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, just be like, hey, just you know I did send the money. I send it directly to him. Happy New Year, yea.
Speaker 2: But not make a big issue of this, I don't think so. Yeah, I'm going to pay a bill here. If you are in I want to say the city name, because somebody in Covina, maybe two people in Covina sent in their names and both might be having to go do something, but they'll wait for a second because I may call their name, you.
Speaker 5: Know, what I mean that happened a few days.
Speaker 3: But then people now Hambra know they're not going to be called.
Speaker 5: Correct, so maybe they know somebody still listen for them.
Speaker 2: But if you're listening right now in a Gore Hills, you know that I'm calling Covena. So I don't wait to leave. But you see what I'm saying, Mark.
Speaker 3: I like to keep it broad like in the nine nine, then a lot.
Speaker 2: But what if I live in Covine. I'm stoked right now. Then you know my name starts with an A, and I may call it. Okay, now you really married it?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's what I'm doing. All right.
Speaker 2: Good for you and Covin and next, so let's talk about it. You guys are trying to get me on the Salt Burned bandwagon.
Speaker 5: Yes, everybody has seen this movie. So you asked us the other night. Yeah, you're like, what can I watch tonight?
Speaker 6: Movie?
Speaker 3: That was a series?
Speaker 2: So I started it and I stopped it like it.
Speaker 5: Like most things you start watching I do.
Speaker 3: I got fifteen, I got fifteen or twenty.
Speaker 5: And what did I tell you?
Speaker 6: It is a long movie, though, just get back the first part.
Speaker 5: It's a little sleepy in the beginning, but then there's a scene that really kind of just gets the movie goes.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when you tell me to get past the first part, the first part I want to get into. So I know you mean, like stories take a minute to develop, yees. And sometimes it's like at the end of the day and I'm just trying to watch something fast. So I already, Oh I started, really I started one not to watch before we go to bed? Thanks called your Honor of Brian Cranston from my intent.
Speaker 3: What about Mark it's a couple of years ago that came out.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well to watch is intense as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had to watch Survivor after to cleanse my palate before I could go to sleep, Like I couldn't go to sleep after watching it.
Speaker 3: It's very popular on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 6: Yes, and Barry Kyogan is the Irish actor. He's from Sultburne. He's not. So there's two main guys in my opinion, it's Barry and Jacob Elerty. And Jacob Elerty is the guy from Euphoria, but Barry. So if you've seen the movie, you know why this song is charting again twenty three years after its release.
Speaker 2: Is this when you referenced the other day in the show and didn't qualify it. Yeah, could be helpful if you actually explain some of your references.
Speaker 6: Okay. So Barry is a thirty one year old actor. He has a one year old son named Brando, and he's rumored to be dating Sabrina Carpenter. But it was his backstory that I found so interesting and honestly, I'm just like obsessed with this guy. So he spent seven years in foster care in thirteen different homes. He entered the foster care system when he was twelve after his mom passed away, so he did move between those thirteen homes before eventually being raised by his grandmother and his older sister, Gemma. So he always loved going to the movies, but he didn't even think about acting until he saw a casting notice in a shop window when he was nineteen. He applied for that for that role, and he got the indie crime movie. And now he's got an Oscar nomination, two Golden Globe nominations under his belt, and I just feel like this is just the beginning for him. I'm just obsessed.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter was in Times Square with me on New Year's Eve. I didn't see him there.
Speaker 3: That night. I didn't see him. Now, he could have been somewhere else.
Speaker 6: I think it's early days for the two of them.
Speaker 3: And if you want to know what he looks like.
Speaker 2: To me, he looks like a combination of David Duchovny and someone from Outer Banks. Oh yeah, right, he's got like an Outer Banks face combined with David one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: You couldn't have nailed it.
Speaker 2: Better's familiar and that's why. Yeah, those two casts got together.
Speaker 5: And when I was watching Saltburn, I kept trying to put my finger on I was like he I kept going in and out of him being attractive and not attractive, and I was like, come, it's very very push pull.
Speaker 3: Yes, the whole British accent.
Speaker 5: Irish Irish, but in the movie Irish or British.
Speaker 3: Whatever, he's got an accent.
Speaker 2: He's got to be in Gladiator too, coming out this year along with Pedro Pascal.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm going to watch Washington. I'm in his new fan club.
Speaker 5: Go back and watch Saltburn. I'm telling you it's going to rattle your world.
Speaker 2: It's funny that I think everything's a series. Now, I didn't realize it was even a movie. We has a movie, Saltburne. His name is Barry Keegan Keyogan, Keyogan, very Keyogan. So we talked about ins and outs earlier this week about twenty twenty four, and a lot of people were saying, you know, dating apps are taking a cool down and date me docs are heating up. These are singles creating Google docs as pitch material for themselves. And we have an author who's done this. This is Tera Schuster. She's here in Los Angeles and she joins Now. She's an author and she's got two self help books at Tony. You've actually love these books. She did self help. In the articles that I was reading, she's talking about the date me docs. She's done it before, and she's with us now, Tarah, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 10: I'm good, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: So tell us Tanya met her now fiance soon to be husband on Hinge and so she's a dating app advocate. But people are sort of moving past that and creating a date me doc. You've done it. Tell us what it is and why people are doing it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you mentioned I am a best selling self help author.
Speaker 4: And journaling expert.
Speaker 11: And I write in my new book While in the Dark, how journaling empowers us to own our stories and tell the stories we want to. So when I saw date Ney docs, I was like, this is perfect. It's basically a journal entry about what you want people to know, what your story is, instead of apps where it's like a lame prompt. I mean, Tanya, it sounds like you've had way more success than I have, but like it's it's not it's like a lame prompt about like coffee or you know, something stupid, Like you can really like get to what you want people to know about you got.
Speaker 5: To the change.
Speaker 3: So yes, what did you put in your dating dat me doc?
Speaker 4: So a bunch of hot photos? That was number one? And then you know what I was really looking for.
Speaker 11: And you know, I use everything as a means to self exploration, so for me, it was a really good exercise.
Speaker 4: And wait, what am I looking for? What do I want in a partner?
Speaker 2: And I wrote that all out and what kind of responses have you gotten?
Speaker 5: Like when do they get these?
Speaker 11: So you know it's it's a very small community like super niche, so the volume isn't very high, but I've gotten a lot of responses from super thoughtful guys. Someone had read my book one of my books is called by Yourself The Lilies, and offered to send me lilies, which was like.
Speaker 4: The shadiest thing ever. Yeah, maybe I should have given him a chance. Maybe I go back through my emails.
Speaker 3: But that's pretty good. It's pretty good. Like you pay attention, Yeah, paying.
Speaker 11: These are only people who pay attention. They're really thoughtful because you know, in a dating app sometimes they just put like age, name, location, and like I love to travel and I love sushi, you know, just like everybody.
Speaker 3: Come on, everybody loves some wrong fish and traveling.
Speaker 4: That's not for me, exactly.
Speaker 3: Even if you don't like sushi, you say it and it's cool.
Speaker 11: Exactly, like you have to love sushi. And so in a date me doc, you have people who just they're way more grounded and want to talk about themselves and are really intentional about dating.
Speaker 4: Because by the time.
Speaker 11: You've written a date me doc, it took like twenty minutes. So guaranteed this person really cares.
Speaker 2: Best selling author Tara Schuster's on with us. Now she's done the date me doc. I'm going to the back room here. So you know, Tany's getting married, Ruby just got engaged. Who else is who's dating in the back room these days?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to Ryan.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, did you do a d doc? Did you do a date me doc?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I actually looked it up last night and I looked interesting.
Speaker 6: So yeah, let me.
Speaker 3: Help you with it. Okay, Sisiny, help you author that?
Speaker 2: And uh, all right, well listen, Ninja of Self Love Terry Schuster, thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: Good luck with the Date MEI doc and the right guy.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, bye. So Sisney, why don't you help her produce this thing?
Speaker 5: Happy too?
Speaker 2: I love this Date Me docs new for twenty twenty four, and she called herself Ninja's Self Love Terry Schuster.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: Patricia is on the line. Good morning. Is it Patricia or Patricia?
Speaker 9: Patricia?
Speaker 3: Yes, good morning, Hello Patricia. What are you up to this morning?
Speaker 9: I'm just working.
Speaker 3: Good. Well, so that's great. What do you do for work?
Speaker 9: I work at a HR office. Executive Yeah, executive assistant for.
Speaker 3: That, got it.
Speaker 2: I saw in the jobs list executive Assistant's one of the top jobs this year.
Speaker 3: So enjoy. Oh no, wow, yeah, you didn't even know it. Patricia, tell me your family's mad at you from missing something? What's up?
Speaker 9: Yes, they are. So my family's a little up to set at me because every year there's a sober birthday, And if you don't know what a sober birthday is, it's an anniversary of when someone has been sober for a whole year. And so this year was my dad's thirteenth sober birthday, and I know generally around like the time. I know, it's like in the beginning of the year. I don't know the exact date though, so I haven't like I didn't text him like congratulations, or I didn't say anything to him about it specifically on the date. And so because of that, my two sisters and my mom are upset at me because I didn't say anything. So I'm just trying to I obviously, like, you know, I apologize for not knowing the exact date, but I just kind of want to know, like should I be a little bit more diligent about it or is it just kind of like not that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a.
Speaker 3: Big of a deal.
Speaker 2: I feel like you should be more digent about it's your dad's, right, it's your dad's.
Speaker 5: Did you know that you're supposed to celebrate it every single year?
Speaker 9: I mean it was. It's not necessarily like it doesn't have to be a celebration.
Speaker 6: Some years.
Speaker 3: Changing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how many years?
Speaker 6: Is even?
Speaker 9: Summer thirteen was this year?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like you know about it. It is something that's obviously a big deal. It's important, it's your father that Yeah, you should probably put it on the priority list.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, I think you just own it that you messed up, you forgot about it, make it up to them, take them all out to lunch or.
Speaker 3: Something, and then mark it down every year.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, maybe able don't try to Yeah, don't try to brush it off like it wasn't that big a deal. Guys, let it go. I don't go that approach, but maybe just own it. Be like, hey, you know what, that wasn't really messing up, but I totally I've just had so much going on I forgot. But let me make it up to you. Let's go out to lunch and really celebrate you.
Speaker 9: Hmm okay, yeah, I think I'll definitely mark it on my calendar.
Speaker 2: Thank you, for reaching out to us about that and good on your dad thirteen years right, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 9: Thank you for helping me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Pleasure prochucher, have a great day, take care bye.
Speaker 4: Okay, you too.
Speaker 3: Again. I feel like she knew what she needed to do too, but just wanted to hear it. Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know you celebrated those like sober birthdays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she knew, but didn't prioritize.
Speaker 1: It right on air, on air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: So what's making the rounds on social media right now are the songs that have turned twenty years old. That song's not brand new, but it's not twenty years old. There are a lot of songs that we still play these and a lot of songs. I remember this the day that I debuted these songs here or was it would have been here Mark twin kids, Right, isn't this my twentieth year yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: It is February next month, February twenty six, twenty sixth next month.
Speaker 3: Really wow?
Speaker 2: All right, So I remember playing these songs for the first time. Here's one of them. I think I think this song was featured in the first Kiss FM local commercial I did for on air in the morning, but actually still sounds good. That's also a little John Ludacris.
Speaker 5: We still play that.
Speaker 3: Can you believe?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Over twenty years ago? She won American Idol, And so this song is twenty years old Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 5: Wow stands a test of time.
Speaker 3: I would ask you, how old do you think that?
Speaker 1: A A?
Speaker 3: But I told you these are all twenty But now when I'm like twenty.
Speaker 5: Years two, that didn't feel like twenty that feels like last year.
Speaker 2: Babee me. Look like this song's been around for whatever. No, I know, Daddy Yankee. I also remember Pharrell I think calling in or coming by Kiss when this song came out. Oh yeah, it wasn't Snoop that was on with us, it was Pharrell.
Speaker 3: Like it's twenty years old these songs.
Speaker 5: Here's another one my all time favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is your all time favorite. This one sounds twenty to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Now two others. There's something that I just feel like I've been around that I've just known for a long time.
Speaker 3: There's another twenty years old when it's f and then this one. Did we play this song?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I played this song? Okay, we played this song. Yeah, I don't remember playing this song. We did. There was a time we played this. There was a time we played this. I love it. I still remember playing this.
Speaker 6: Feels older than twenty years to me, mister Brouh, I feel like I'm singing this out of the womb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great song. A killers, mister Brightstye. Also twenty years ago, in two thousand and four. Those are songs from twenty years ago. In two thousand and four. You know what else happened? Olivia Rodrigo turned one.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, it's crazy she turned She turned one, and so twenty years from now, we were talking.
Speaker 2: Wow, somebody will be I was just reading here. We're gonna talk about this. AI restaurant, Dorriedo's has a flavored vodka.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: No with Topsico is an official Dourriedo's liquor. It's supposed to taste exactly like their nacho cheese version.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Vodka cheese flavor to me doesn't work.
Speaker 6: Okay, but if you put it in a bloody mary oh, now we're tough.
Speaker 3: As a bloody mayor. Okay, So you know what.
Speaker 2: It's funny how when you frame something as a bloody mary flavor, right, like.
Speaker 6: You're not putting it in your Cosmopolitan.
Speaker 2: No, but dorito's flavor bloody mary does actually sound good, Okay, well done, And so it's eighty four proof forty two percent alcohol. Infuse it with actual doritos. Smells like them too, So that's something you would pour on your own. But there's a restaurant in Pasadena known to be the first AI restaurant of its kind. It's called Cali Express. Sysney explain how it works if you go there.
Speaker 5: Yikes, I mean, is this the future? Is it scary or is it exciting?
Speaker 3: There could be some upside to this.
Speaker 5: What's the upside?
Speaker 3: People don't touch your food and no hair dropping in it and.
Speaker 5: Efficiency, Yeah, I guess when you put it that way, you're right. So if you're a germophobe, no one's going to be touching your food because this is i'm guessingly.
Speaker 2: Robotic, pretty standard menu too, right, it's.
Speaker 5: Just burgers and fries. So you go in, you walk in. I haven't been there yet, but from what I read, you walk inside and there's a key and apparently you have to have some sort of account. A pop idea account. So I guess create that before you go or whatever. Maybe you can create it there and then you order at the kiosk and then once that's done, boom, the robot starts making grind, grounding the beef, and then the French fries are made for you and everything is sent up for you. There you go.
Speaker 2: So if it's a simple menu, it's fast. No one's touching your food and that's what you want. And there it's it like quick to get in and out. I understand why. You know, certainly fast service places are fast food places that just make us a standard cookie cutter template meal.
Speaker 3: Why this might work.
Speaker 5: It's being described as melting in your mouth because it's grinding the beef in real time. It's cutting. I don't know if it was cutting the fries, but everything like yeah, the potatoes fresh and fast. Everything is very fresh, and it's happening at exact like at the exact time you're ordering it. So nothing sitting there in the basket, Like you're not getting like old, dirty frotten, not dirty frieses.
Speaker 7: That have been sitting there all day, right, I mean for like they only say, like the green juice, you're supposed to have the green juice immediately after.
Speaker 2: Right, So things, certain things are going to have their nutritional value. I don't know, maybe it the fried fries, but certain things could have their nutritional value if they're coming from the source.
Speaker 6: Sure, right, It's a not for me, but I'm a fan.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan of melt in your mouth.
Speaker 5: I am definitely going to put this on my to do list to go check it out.
Speaker 3: Why not try it?
Speaker 5: I want to go check it out. It looks wild.
Speaker 2: It's Cali Express. It's in Pasadena. If you've been hit us up here at eight hundred and five.
Speaker 5: It's on the corner of Green Street near Madison Avenue.
Speaker 2: I mean literally on the corner. It's like it's the triangle. It's the front door triangle.
Speaker 5: It looks really cute.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a cute building, isn't it. Yeah, inviting on air on.
Speaker 1: Air for the Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: It's going to do it for us before we go.
Speaker 2: If you had to sleep in a giant bowl of pasta, what would it be?
Speaker 3: I'm very curious, Tanya, what pasta would you choose?
Speaker 6: Mine would be Jovial bow type pasta.
Speaker 5: Mm hm and Sisney Yours I can just keep easing the sauce. Wait, no, like an pasta, like like.
Speaker 3: Is the sauce?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you to tell you I went to cooking school.
Speaker 3: Sauce.
Speaker 5: But isn't that like when you order like a pasta and like.
Speaker 6: You get Penny get spaghetti.
Speaker 3: Oh what's that?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: What's that pasta that's like really long and flati?
Speaker 3: No? No, I think it's back that one. That's the one of them.
Speaker 2: I question backfired. All right, are you swimming or Penne? All right, Covie or Penne?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, tomorrow we're back with Ryan's Roses. So that's probably all you want to know about.
Speaker 3: Seven forty.
Speaker 2: We've got it, Ryan's Roses tomorrow, seven forty here. Why don't two point seven? Sisney takes you to eleven? By everybody thinks hye.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe, and we'll talk to you again tomorrow