Speaker 1: Some donkey to day's just to themselves.
Speaker 2: Charlotte Man ready for.
Speaker 1: I never read on Donkey Day. Say it again, Charlam, I'm an yes, you are that Charlotte Dane's true.
Speaker 3: Yes, Donkey of today for Wednesday February first, the first day of Black Nose Today Thursday and Wednesday Thursday. Here today for Thursday February first, the first day of Black History Month.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's going to the people to decide.
Speaker 3: Yes, our amazing breakfast club listeners, the millions of you who listen to us daily, you will get to decide today who gets the biggest heat hall. You will get to decide who gets the credit they deserve for being stupid. I personally know who I feel in my heart she get it. But I want you all to hear the story and then we can discuss and I'll give the heat hal later. But Donkey of the Day today will go to either a Starbucks in Saint Louis. Right are a twenty year old former employee of the Starbucks in Saint Louis, Michael Harris. See Michael Harris was fired from Starbucks in Saint Louis and he is currently suing the whole coffee chain, saying he was wrongfully terminated after he confronted robbers at the store. Oh my god, no, Now, y'all know how I feel about that.
Speaker 1: These franchises ain't dying for you. Okay. Somebody coming there and rob the Star. Let him have it, all right, it ain't yours.
Speaker 3: They pull out a pistol here, man, you can have all the pistachiaol, frappucino, blended beverages you want, all right here, take the gift cards at the counter. You want a couple dollars out the register, you could take that too. Just gone about your business, all right? You nucked, and I ain't about to buck over No damn Starbucks. Are any fast food of retail chain for that matter. I'm making minimum wage.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: By the way, I don't care if you're a store manager making a salary. I'm not dying over no white chocolate mocha frappuccino, blended beverage.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, there is exceptions to the rule, because sometimes you are not defending the Star. You have to defend yourself. And if you ask me, Michael Harris was in a position where he had to defend himself. Let's go to NBC five on your side for the report.
Speaker 1: Police.
Speaker 4: I thought I was gonna die that day, walked in announced that it was a robbery.
Speaker 5: Twenty year old Michael Harris was working the drive through here at the Starbucks on South Grand in Midtown.
Speaker 4: Then they started going up to people and firsteing them for stuff, and we started to fight back against him.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 5: When the two men then demanded cash from the register, he tried to open it, he says. One of the bad guys then hit him on the head with the god. He tells me he felt emboldened to stand his ground, especially when he realized the god he had just been attacked with was faith.
Speaker 4: Trigger for it like came busted off. And then that's when we noticed us and started to fight back.
Speaker 5: Not knowing if the crooks had another gun, Harris said he wanted to be careful. Eventually, one of the crooks took off. Harris and another coworker were able to restrain the other until police could get there. Weeks after the situation, Harris says he got a call.
Speaker 4: They terminated me.
Speaker 1: Damn, b you can bring it in. You can bring a chaps to get in my lipso goddamn dry. First rule of nature is self preservation. Okay. Michael Harris said he felt like he was gonna die that day. Thank you. Michael Harris said he felt like he was gonna die that day.
Speaker 3: Michael Harris got hitting the head with the fake gun, so his blood was probably boiling.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: He was probably enraged, and then he realized the gun was fake because he noticed the trigger had fell off, so he sprung into action. Now I don't know if he's sprung in the action because he was trying to get his look back for getting hit with the gun. I don't know if he still felt like his life was in danger. I don't know if he was defending Starbucks. I just know he was fired weeks later and never given the reason.
Speaker 1: As to why. Now.
Speaker 3: A lot of these franchises, like Starbucks, have protocols in place they ensure things like this don't happen. In fact, Starbucks said about this incident that all employees are expected to follow are carefully crafted protocols to ensure the safety of customers and partners during these situations. Starbucks says, in situations like this, our training and protocols guide our partners to comply and de escalate, not just for their safety, for the safety of all in the store, the safety of our customers and partners. But guess what the Home of the Caramel Apple Spice doesn't teach you. What's the proper procedure when you got a gun to your head? What the precision when you got a gun in your head? Michael Harrison in the Turne he said Starbucks policy is unfair. Their statement there is no way that an individual can be faced with danger, attempted potential death for themselves or another, and then once they've been hit or down that they cannot defend themselves. Linard agrees, Okay, you have to factor in human emotions to all of this. Michael is a young twenty year old man who felt like his life was in danger. You can't be upset at him for fighting back when he thinks he's getting robbed at gunpoint and then he gets hit in the head with a gun. In fact, he shouldn't be fired. He should be employee of the month. He should be promoted the manager let him get unlimited sugar cookie almond milk frappuccinos. This man earned that and much more. I believe if Michael would have said he was fighting for the store and not himself. He probably would still be employed today. But I told you we're gonna go to breakfast court. All right, you heard the facts of the case, You've heard the situation. So who should get the biggest he hal here?
Speaker 1: Michael?
Speaker 6: Play the team us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Please, M'm get the.
Speaker 3: Bucks to Michael for not following store protocols even though his life was in danger? Are Starbucks for allegedly firing Michael for not following store protocols? Once again, who should get the biggest he hal here? Michael for not following store protocols even though his life was in danger? Are Starbucks for allegedly firing Michael for not following store protocols even though his life was in danger. I don't usually agree with employees playing hero when stares they work at get robbed.
Speaker 1: But this was more than that.
Speaker 3: This was a man defending himself because he was working in a franchise that got robbs.
Speaker 1: There is a difference. Let's discuss, all right.
Speaker 7: Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Now, the reason most store owners are don't want people to apprehend shoplift. This is because they are not in short to risk their health physically. All right, So if something happens, they don't want to be live, but if you died, they don't want to be liable. But Charlemagne said something very specific. The man was hit over the head with the.
Speaker 1: Guns defending himself.
Speaker 6: So now it's not a robbery.
Speaker 7: This is an assault in his self preservation, and I have to defend myself first law, nature, self preservation. He wasn't defending that store at that time. He was defending that head house.
Speaker 1: Pause.
Speaker 6: Woo woo woo woo woo woo.
Speaker 1: God matter, Mac, where's your will?
Speaker 3: Mac?
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ?
Speaker 8: Mad back?
Speaker 3: Come on Mac, where's the police when you need that?
Speaker 1: I'm going home?
Speaker 6: He got it hit over the.
Speaker 5: No no, no, bro, God Lord, call us up.
Speaker 7: Now, let's see your brain working that Way's the breakfast club, right, the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Its topics.
Speaker 7: Call eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club. Morning, everybody, envy Charlemagne the god We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: If you're just joining us.
Speaker 7: Charlemagne is trying to decide if he should give donkey of a data who well.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. Michael Harris twenty years old. He was an employee of Starbucks. Right, he got fired from Starbucks because people came in there to robbed the store. That one of the guys hit him over the head with the gun and he realized that the gun was fake because he saw the trigger fall. But he defended himself correct right, So weeks later Starbucks fired him. So now Michael Harris is suing Starbucks.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Usually I am totally against people fighting, you know, robbers when they come in to rob the places that they work at, because we know that none of these establishments, these chained retail stores, we know they ain't dying for you, so you shouldn't die for them. But this is a different case. This man was not defending Starbucks. He was defending himself the first law of nature, his self preservation. He got hitting ahead with a gun. Once he realized the gun was fake, he went and made his move. Not mad at that. I don't think he should be fired, but it's not up to me.
Speaker 1: It's up to the people.
Speaker 6: All right, that's coming.
Speaker 1: Don't think should be donkey to day, but it's not. The means something to people.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this Hi, this is laob Hey Laomi, good morning, good morning. Now you heard the story. Do you think Michael should get Donkey or Starbucks?
Speaker 9: Okay? I think it depends on you know, what race is Michael, because he is.
Speaker 8: Like you know of the talk a boy race. And he said that did it, and he said the mine is business and he said, let whatever happen and fall on the ploor and just let this guy do when he's supposed to. Now, if he was black, Starbus owes him an apology and he needs his job back, period.
Speaker 6: Because he's black history. So he's black, yes.
Speaker 1: Queen, Queen, that is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But that is beyondulous.
Speaker 1: It's not about what his race was, yes, it does. It's about right or wrong in this situation.
Speaker 6: He's black, white man.
Speaker 1: How about the people who robbed him was black? How about that?
Speaker 6: I don't know if he was, then he was fla.
Speaker 1: You riding with him. It don't matter about the races.
Speaker 6: Her opinion and you you said the people this is about she.
Speaker 1: Be disqualified from the jury. That's racist. That's number one.
Speaker 3: Yes, that would be she'd be disqualified from the damn jury. Okay, matter of fact, she is a qualified listening to her.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's call Man Tall out of Pride County, Florida.
Speaker 1: What's said? My brother?
Speaker 3: Should Michael get donkey to Day? Should Starbucks get Donkey to Day?
Speaker 2: Listen? Man, As much as I don't want to say it, I wars broken jap Man, but I'm gonna keep it Redder. He messed up where he had met it. Ain't realized that was.
Speaker 6: Fake, so he said there was no real threat at that point.
Speaker 2: At that point, there was no Redder threat, just like you were speaking on a few weeks ago where somebody got back to her.
Speaker 4: Leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no reason. It's hard. You're no long that day.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, you've seen like a BB gun before. You know them BB guns that be looking real. They still got some weight to him, so he I can still pistol with you with that BB gun and he got hitting the.
Speaker 6: Head with Are you trying to sway to Jerry?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you you like I say, Man, I hope he get paid. I hope you get pried. But he should have left that little detail a lot.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I just went all leter. I thought it was read. I was a sense for life or what should admit that your real life?
Speaker 10: It was just sake, girl.
Speaker 5: You go hard.
Speaker 2: The corporational care. They wanted your computer. Basically they want you to take all and hear over there, that's true. That slap over the head. Go get back to your tar.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this? That's to Sharlayney Charmaine. Good morning? Where you calling it from?
Speaker 2: Come on, day in Ohio.
Speaker 6: Day in Ohio. So who do you think she get? Donkey, Michael or Starbucks?
Speaker 2: Starbucks because they're not about to play for that man center or so he had to do what he had to do to keep his life.
Speaker 6: That's right, Okay, thank you man, you have problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, So currently we got one for Michael, one for Starbucks, and one disqualified juror because she made it about rates and I don't know why.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred and five eight one five. When we come back, we're gonna take some more calls. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody at CEJ and Ban Charlamagne and the guy.
Speaker 6: We are to Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us.
Speaker 7: Charlamage is trying to decide who he wants to give Donkey to get it, Starbucks or Michael what happened?
Speaker 3: Now, let me explain the situation. Michael Harris was an employee at Starbucks in Saint Louis. Some guys came in there to rob the Starbucks in Saint Louis. One of the guys hitting Michael in the head with a gun. Then Michael realized that the gun was faked because he saw the trigger fall off. So Michael decided to defend himself and he fought back.
Speaker 1: Against the robber.
Speaker 3: You know, and now weeks later, Starbucks has fired him, and Michael believes he got fired because he didn't follow their protocol, which is to comply and de escalate in situations like that. But I feel like the first law of nature is self preservation. You gotta factor in human emotion. Somebody think that their life is about to be taken, they get hitting the head with a gun. I don't have a problem with the young man defended himself in that situation.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's Malcolm? Malcolm? What's up? Brother?
Speaker 6: What's your thoughts? Malcolm? What should get donkey? Should it be Starbucks or Michael?
Speaker 10: Listen? I think both of them should get it.
Speaker 1: Be honest with you, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Listen.
Speaker 10: I used to manage restaurunds man I used to manage the Burger King. We got proud, But I feel like I feel like Starbucks should be smart enough to know that he wasn't defending Starbucks at the time.
Speaker 2: He was defending himself. Starbucks.
Speaker 10: They need to know that right off the back.
Speaker 6: So then why is he getting dunky?
Speaker 10: He gotta get dunky because he needs to know if these dudes got guns drawn who regardless if you think it's fake or not, you gotta take that lost because you don't know if they got another one or what's going on.
Speaker 1: Let's trying to.
Speaker 10: Sit there and take that.
Speaker 1: I thought about that too.
Speaker 10: Feel like they both got to share this and they need to go somewhere and talk about it and both of them just be donkey and just living their life like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 10: And her garter?
Speaker 8: Jake calling for the dunky of the day right here.
Speaker 3: What's happening Kia and her daughter? What's said Jake y j A E P j O Jakes? Okay, what's what's what's the age is? What what's your what's your daughter's age?
Speaker 6: He's lying? Okay, so what so what do y'all think?
Speaker 8: What do you think star Bus is the donkey after day.
Speaker 7: Right now, Mama, I can't say anything because he told me I was the junkie of the day because I'm always getting her.
Speaker 10: The school late.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: Well, she's right, she's correct, because you're probably stopping that Starbucks. Probably got stopping that Starbucks, aren't you. Aren't you tell the.
Speaker 8: Truth only if I'm allowed to give her the mate.
Speaker 6: Exactly, Thank you so much, thank y'all. If you want to have a grade there in school? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Fellas?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Tylie?
Speaker 3: Julie from Jacksonville, Floydville?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 6: What's your thought? Whould get the bad day? Michael A Starbucks?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, man, you gotta go ahead and get that Starbucks man. That man for his life. The people from that thing a moment to get out up.
Speaker 10: Man, they ain't got security in that Get the Starboars let him.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, so far that's three for Starbucks.
Speaker 6: Wellfore if you do kid and a daughter?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I got all right. She didn't vote though Mom didn't vote. Mama didn'tvote, didn't want to vote. Okay, case she get donkey today for being late?
Speaker 7: Hello, who's the last one is hey, destiny, good morning. So who she get donk in today? Is it Starbucks or is it Michael?
Speaker 9: It's definitely going to be Starbus because I get it. Plays have pologies and procedures set for a reason. However, if somebody sitting me across the head with a gun, my mother said, it's fate and the piece of too, it starts to fall apart. Obviously, I'm gonna take that opportunity to defend myself and those around me because things still could have went wrong. So I think he's bringing to action and he should and Starbust definitely gets dunk the other day.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, all right.
Speaker 3: The vote we took one, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight. We took seven calls right, eight calls eight calls when Jurry got disqualified because she made it about race, So that's seven. So we have one, two, three four for Starbucks. One dude voted for Michael Land Starbucks. More of the story is Starbucks is getting the donkey of today. The first law of nature is self preservation. That's right, first law nature. And I feel like if he would have told them, you know, he was trying to defend the store. They probably wouldn't have done that to him, but even still, you still get you got to defend yourself. First law nature is self preservation. I'm not mad at the brother, all right, So please let the Starbucks get the sweet Chunge and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 6: Oh no, you are the doe of thee.
Speaker 1: All the day. Ye all right?
Speaker 6: Now, when we come back, we got your room of report. Donald Glover.
Speaker 7: He's doing the reboot of Mister and Missus Smith and when he asked Brad Pick for some advice, he kind of got.
Speaker 6: Uh, let's just say curved. We'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Lug.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull Lambingsoft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.