Speaker 1: And I invited you here. I thought I made myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to my home, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no, guests, you're our presences. Presents enough. I already had too much stuff, So how do you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 2: Welcome to I said, no gift s. I'm Pritchard Winneger. Here we are. We're in the studio. Uh, what's going on? I've got back from Japan. Just I don't know fourteen hours ago, I have no idea where I am in space or time. I slept for at least twelve hours last night, and still I don't know where I exist. Had a lovely time, learned a lot. I've acknowledged something about myself, and it's that I do not like to eat a cold, thick clams. That's one item for me that is a challenge. So what else? An observation I made while they're observing other couples on vacation. I've noticed this before, but I think essentially in every couple on vacation, there's one person who's normal and one person who thinks they can take good photographs. And unfortunately that that person is me. I'm the person, and I apologize for everyone else in a couple who's not the person trying to take good photographs, because it seems infuriating to watch your partner try to take a good picture. Pictures all look terrible or all look the same. Who cares? And again, just from this rambling, you can tell I need probably more sleep or less sleep or something. That's fine. I'm back. We're back. Is there anything else we need to talk about when this airs? The Chicago show will be happening tomorrow at May twenty third, So if there are still tickets available, you can have like a last minute panic buying one. If there aren't tickets available, you can regret that for the rest of your life. That's some business we can take care of. Patreon continues to exist. Thank you to everybody who's on the Patreon. You can come join us there. What a lovely way to support the show. And we're just having an absolute riot over there. Everyone is having the time of their life with the bonus episodes, etc. Is there anything Let me look, I made a document today to just make sure I covered all of our business because I'm out of my mind. Let's see the other thing I had to say, is I have fifty nine emails I need to go through. No one needs to know that. I don't know why to type that down. Okay, let's get into the episode. I love today's guest. Everybody loves her. It's Mary Elizabeth Alis Mary Elizabeth. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great. I'm excited to get into your emails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we could just start from the first mail here, it's about coffee order, I've got coming. Great, we just get into that.
Speaker 3: Are a lot of thoughts. I think they should pop some cold wet clams in there for you.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a cold thick clam?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, we also went to Japan and it was incredible and the food was so amazing, and also some of the things felt like it was cartilage.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are certain there's just degrees of difficulty with acquired tastes that I thought. I was like, I went into this trip. I've been to Japan before, and I've had plenty of different types of sushi, et cetera. And I went in feeling fairly cocky because my boyfriend is basically someone who can eat hamburgers and chicken fingers, and I thought I can handle this and one of our meals was a very high level difficulty as far as seafood goes, and one of those things was the clam.
Speaker 3: Just chewy, hard to get your teeth.
Speaker 2: Through, yeah, you know, just truly me gagging, yeah, and having to make my way through it ice water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you can't. You can't disrespect people there. You've got to be polite.
Speaker 2: The person the food I was gagging on had, he was looking at me while he had just made the food.
Speaker 3: And I'm so happy for you to be eating it. You know though, It's like, do you make a clam? So like you opened the clam, you didn't make it, you know what I mean. So like it's not on you. This one's on like God.
Speaker 2: Gone in the ocean's fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not your faults. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing for me though, I'm just like being an adult, enjoy the food. There are millions and millions of people who like to eat this sort of food. What's wrong with me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Truly, though, be a grown up. Get that fucking clam down your throat like a goddamn grown up.
Speaker 2: It's so embarrassing. It's I feel like, you know, you feel like you really are such a sophisticated eater. And then you get to something like that, you're like, oh, you're a child, You're a baby about everything. Grow up.
Speaker 3: But that's okay. You can just now you're a person who knows. I prefer my clams cooked.
Speaker 2: I've decided I just don't like a clam, all right, even a fried clam. I'm like, this is too chewy? Yah, why does anyone care about this food?
Speaker 3: What about a qua hog?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like in Rhode Island a specialty. It's I think it's a clam. It's definitely in a shell, but they like breaded and oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it big or small?
Speaker 3: It's big, but it's not like a chewy. It's cooked and it's like with bread.
Speaker 2: And how do you do? You know how to spell that?
Speaker 3: It's like quee u a a show ugw.
Speaker 2: Hog the or the accent is kind of just built into that.
Speaker 3: It is squahoga hoog wow. Yeah, it's something like that.
Speaker 2: And it is a seafood though. Yeah you like them?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 3: I mean I like them fine, I'm not like, oh, can't wait to get a Rhode Island and have a quahog?
Speaker 2: How have I never heard of a quahog.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love saying that. It's fun, right, Yeah, it feels like I've got some sort of I have a difficult time saying something wag cohog. Yeah, now I have to try that. Maybe that's the final clam.
Speaker 3: I'll try last clam, last clam.
Speaker 2: Oysters similarly, I mean, the nice thing about an oyster is it's more of a just a swallowing situation where you just kind of throw it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that has like all that you can put all the sauce on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just salt a and sauce and slightly slimy. Where's a clam requires chewing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to use teeth for that.
Speaker 2: Did you have any other difficult things to eat in Japan?
Speaker 3: No? Really, I mean mostly everything was so great, and you think you're gonna eat sushi the whole time. But it's mostly like ramen and udon.
Speaker 2: Yes, very like comfort foods, very salty, so great, almost deeply unhealthy things.
Speaker 3: Yes that we find, yes, well we're there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also like Italian food. They have very good Italian food.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't have Italian food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently, actually I probably should. This is probably not an actual fact. This is just someone who's jet lag. But I think, like the second most popular food in Japan is Italian food. Maybe that is true. That is a fact.
Speaker 3: Yes, email, send it to the email in sixteen. Send it to him.
Speaker 2: You ask any Japanese person, they say number two favorite food Italian Italian. No, I had some very good pizza there. Actually, I think that's the end of that.
Speaker 3: And nothing says Italian like pizza. Where were you were you in Tokyo?
Speaker 2: We went to Tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto.
Speaker 3: That's what I did.
Speaker 2: Oh great, the ultimate tourist. True, it's so lovely.
Speaker 3: It's so lovely.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to be in a country where, at least on the surface, everyone seems to care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think everybody's so nice. And we went with our Japanese friend, Junko. Shout out Junko Nakamura. She's amazing. But it was she spoke Japanese obviously, which is great, except then she also would get into conversations with people where we selfish jerk Americans would be.
Speaker 2: Like could you please involve us or like.
Speaker 3: Let's go you know, next thing, and she'd be like paying respect and like it's very respectful and.
Speaker 2: Just being a nice person in general.
Speaker 3: It is kind of exhausting. The niceness.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean sometimes you just want someone to be to have no time for you, right, just be like, this is my job, get out of my phone.
Speaker 3: Ye keep going yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone there, like it seemed to everyone cared about their job and wanting our experience to be good. And this wasn't just like being a tourus. This was like you know, at a coffee shop or whatever, it's like, oh someone is they care?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no trash on the street. You're like, what is this?
Speaker 2: Getting back to La It's a lot fascinating experience.
Speaker 3: It's like coming back from the woods too, Like if you're in the woods and you land in La and the drive from lax to You're like, why why do I live here? It's so awful?
Speaker 2: It so sorry. My boyfriend while there is like, what if we get back and we just don't want to be I mean, what if this has ruined our life? And that's a real possibility when you're in Japan to just be like you can experience that the world doesn't have to just be garbage everywhere. Yeah, and people being rude to each other.
Speaker 3: Japan will take you.
Speaker 2: I bet yeah, they size wise. I felt very very at home.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, towering.
Speaker 2: Even My boyfriend is six two and hit his at least once a day, constantly running into door frames or of this sort of thing. And I was just buzzing through town.
Speaker 3: For you, hitting the counter at just the right height everywhere.
Speaker 2: You are so good. I don't feel so small. Yeah, although it feels sometimes, it feels nice to feel small here where I can kind of just dart about like a hobbit or something that notice me a little else, yeah, a little, Yes, there's nothing. There's nothing wrong with that, except for when you're trying to reach a shelf here in the United States or some you're shopping and you have to like you need a hook to get something down, yes, or a footstool.
Speaker 3: I often will be like, excuse me, tall, tall ser or you there with the long arms, could you reach that yogurt for me?
Speaker 2: Exactly? You don't have to climb the shelves of the grocery store.
Speaker 3: That can climbing a shelf.
Speaker 2: Oh, climbing a.
Speaker 3: Shelf, climb a shelf.
Speaker 2: I bought a footstool for my house a few years ago. What a feeling. It feels amazing. Yeah, like do not have to get up on the count kitchen counter to reach something? Now I'm like, oh, this is how everyone else feels, where they can just reach reach it.
Speaker 3: But I kind of like to climb up on stuff because I'm like, at my age, I can still jump down from a counter with a can of beans in both hands.
Speaker 2: I just have these horrifying memories of elementary school teachers getting up on counters and me sitting there that below and me like they're going to fall off, And I remember one of them did fall off, and I thought that could be me. So now I've got my footstool and I'm up there. I'm reaching the baking ingredients, I'm reaching my cereal with no with no help.
Speaker 3: And this is your kickstarter. Yeah you're type of foot Yeah, your own footstools.
Speaker 2: There's nothing different about them from regular footstools.
Speaker 3: There, yours, they're my foot stools.
Speaker 2: There'll be years in development, the backers will never.
Speaker 3: Get their product perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Japan was lovely and that's all I can think about all the time. And the trip back, I slept for maybe ten minutes. The man next to me had a face mask earplugs, a cushion. He slept. He didn't even lean his chair back. He slept the entire sitting straight up. I was like, is this guy a spy? How did he learn to do this? Because I'm leaned all the way back, I'm doing everything in my power. Could not fall asleep.
Speaker 3: Horrim Melatonin.
Speaker 2: I can't take melatonin. This is actually a long running topic on this podcast, which full I can't take melatonin. I can't take like benadril to fall asleep. They all have the opposite effect on me, and they keep me awake.
Speaker 3: I felt that way about morphine. Have you ever had morphine?
Speaker 2: I don't think that I've had morphine.
Speaker 3: I had to go into the hospital because I had eaten a bad chicken caesar salad.
Speaker 2: Oh, where can you name the player in Mississippi?
Speaker 3: Okay, at a restaurant in Mississippi. And it wasn't that everything goes out kind it was the everything stays in. And then I got like, I think sepsis. Oh my god, but it hurts so much like driving to the hospital when we go over a bump. It was like, oh, so when we got to the hospital, I got morphine and it made my body feel morphine right, but my brain was like I got to solve every problem that's ever happened in this world, and I'm going to do it right now. And also everyone's making noise shut.
Speaker 2: It was that almost sounds like sleep paralysis or something. Yeah, like not really in control of your body anymore, but your brain keeps going, Oh how long did that last hour?
Speaker 3: A few hours?
Speaker 2: And I was like, Morphine's not for me, but it took care of the chicken Caesar.
Speaker 3: Well, the morphine didn't, but the four days in the hospital, four to five days in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Did have you had a chicken Caesar since?
Speaker 3: No, I've had no chicken since.
Speaker 2: How long has it been?
Speaker 3: Almost twenty years?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Did it turn you vegetarian?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well pascatarian. I still got to be able to chew those clams.
Speaker 2: Of course you get those clams. Yeah, well you should write a yell p review of the restaurant twenty years later.
Speaker 3: I should still reeling from my experience.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's awful. Yeah, that's really taking.
Speaker 3: It was likely the caesar salad dressing with ra I feel like that's.
Speaker 2: Or the lettuce. Lettuce is a secret culprit of a lot of food poison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but more E coli normally right food?
Speaker 2: Do you think you're talking to you? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was like, I don't know. Do you know everything about E col i?
Speaker 2: Came with such a with such a strong opinion there, like I really knew. Yeah, but I've just heard that lettuce is often the thing that you don't think about, and it's like, oh, that's what poisoned you because someone didn't wash the lettuce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this spinach.
Speaker 2: The spinach, your leafy greeneh, essentially will poison you. I had a club sandwich a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure it was the lettuce that did it. What board the mayo? Again, it's there are so many things poison the meat.
Speaker 3: We had a and my I was in a sorority in college and we had a deli tray that just took us all out.
Speaker 2: Oh excuse me to be poisoned by a deli tray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the entire sorority.
Speaker 2: That's some That deli meat must have been left out for a while.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: So it's slimy and grow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the like little pretty marbling, like an oil spill on your turkey.
Speaker 2: Oh, now I see this is a deli meat. I think is one thing that could turn me vegetarian. It's just like the deli meat. What are any of us.
Speaker 3: Just an animal being lied to paper thin?
Speaker 2: Oh my apologies to anyone eating anything this entire episode.
Speaker 3: Well we speak for the animals. Put your sandwich, Do you put your sandwich in your leafy greens down?
Speaker 2: Stop eating?
Speaker 3: Stop eating? You just need your food.
Speaker 2: Could be poisoning, poisoning you. Oh, we've got to get off this topic. I'm happy to get off this topic.
Speaker 3: What else should we talk about?
Speaker 2: There's something else I don't want to talk about, but I feel like we should. Look, I was happy to have you here today. It was excited to have Mary Elizabeth here. But uh, there's a bit. There's a butt here, there's an absolute butt here. The podcast is called I said no gifts, no gifts, And look, I assume you got one email or someone got a phone call, an email with the title of the podcast. Hopefully this came across your desk at some point. I don't know that you paid any attention to it because you come in today. I'm so excited to have you here. I thought we'd have a nice conversation that nothing would go wrong and that we'd move on with our lives. But you came in holding what I'm looking at it now, I'm holding it now, clearly a gift, this gift for me.
Speaker 3: Well, I I don't take no for an answer.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Yeah, very defiant.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And if I want you to have a gift, you're gonna have it. Also, I'm not good enough. So if I bring you at present.
Speaker 2: This is something you're working through with yourself.
Speaker 3: We're really getting into it. Maybe you'll like me. It depends on what's inside.
Speaker 2: This is all just trying to earn my respect. Then yes, And unfortunately you've failed in a huge way here, damn it. So I mean, but maybe you'll come back once after I open it. Maybe there's something in here that will finally win my favorite.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay, should I open it here on the podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Are you going to smoke that cigarette while you open it?
Speaker 2: Or I probably should? I should light up. There's just this for the listener that's not watching the video. There is just kind of a loose cigarette.
Speaker 3: It looks like a menthol.
Speaker 2: It's a I'm trying to think of that's a real cigarette. Or a stage cigarette.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course we used it for our fifth anniversary episode. And I can't remember if I bought actual cigarettes or like smells Herbie. It's probably an HERB cigarette. I've never smoked a real cigarette. Cute, isn't that sweet? So I have to imagine, are you a current smoker?
Speaker 3: No, I will have an occasional occasional cigarette.
Speaker 2: Were you a smoker for a while?
Speaker 3: I was when I was like in college.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, college kid, so cool? Ultimately a badass?
Speaker 3: I would say, please tell everyone.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the word around town about you. Thank you the ultimate badass.
Speaker 3: Great, that's all I want.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get that out about me. I think it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 3: Let's get tattoos. Yes, let's go for Okay, do you have any tato so many? I'm not trying to prove anything. It's fine.
Speaker 2: You did drive up on a very loud motor so I did?
Speaker 3: I do have my motorcycle license?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: That's exciting.
Speaker 3: It was exciting.
Speaker 2: Do you drive a motorcycle now? No? No? Do you have to reap it every year?
Speaker 3: I got? I passed my driving test, my motorcycle riding course, I passed it. The person was like, let's see you passed, and I was like I did, Like I should not be riding a motorcycle in the streets. And then I was going to go take my DMV test and COVID happened. Oh and then I got an e bike and then I broke Well you can't see it because my tattoo is covered by stage makeup from my television show. But I broke my arm. I shattered my radius. Oh so now I'm scared. Oh my god, it didn't feel good.
Speaker 2: You fell off completely, or you crash into something.
Speaker 3: I've like my the back wheel of my e bike hit like dirt, and I just.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's terrifying. Yeah, I'm glad. That's all it was.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes see that for me, I'd never get on one again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just over. I got back on the e bike. I'm scared. But anyway, let's get touch it.
Speaker 2: Let's get okay, let me open up this gift here. Okay, I'm reaching in. It's a little blue bag, which I think is so cute. Now it feels like there's two things in here. Is that? Does it matter what order they come out in? Okay? The first thing I'm feeling is some sort of card or thin Okay, two different cards. Okay, whoa you?
Speaker 3: Oh it's true this first Yeah, the first.
Speaker 2: Card says words to guide and inspire your day. You are loved and on the.
Speaker 3: That's from me, though you are loved, just from me. It's sat inside of it. No, the same one. Okay, Yes, you can pop open the little front of the card.
Speaker 2: See you're very care because it feels like I'm gonna break this.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's almost like an advent calendar.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's a message from the universe for you.
Speaker 2: Should I read it?
Speaker 3: And they're all different. What does yours say?
Speaker 2: You are already as courageous as you need to be? Disagree? What if it's time? What if you're ready to.
Speaker 3: Get a tattoo?
Speaker 2: That might be true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, or maybe you don't have to get a tattoo because you're already as courageous as you need to be.
Speaker 2: This is a very this to me. If this given to the wrong person would have ends up with them assassinating somebody.
Speaker 3: Well maybe that's what the universe wants. Maybe that was a bad person that would be such an incredible beginning of like like John Wick movie, Like he's like, do I kill someone? And then he opens this like sweet card and he's like, I guess everyone dies?
Speaker 2: I mean may this killing spirit Yeah, it's international killing spury. That's a good movie. Yeah, it's like, uh, you know Taro gone wrong. Yes, spirituality leads to d d well. I really like that, and I think we should all take that into account. What if it's time, what if you're ready, yeah to go on your international killing spree. Yeah, I hope this doesn't now. I hope the podcast. Now, that's another movie where a podcast inspires somebody to god.
Speaker 3: And you're about to take it on the road. Do you have so much power? You have to really, you got to check yourself. It's a good thing you have a nice team around you, because you're out of control.
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely out of control. I'm pushing too many boundaries. Agreed, it's unbelievable. Okay. So I've got this beautiful little card. Do you buy these? Like by the package? How do you get this thing? It's almost like a Valentine. I really like it.
Speaker 3: Say that it's from a large shipping conglomerate that may or may not be ruining our the Earth, our planet. But maybe you can get them from a small local store.
Speaker 2: Okay, it seems like something that you could buy locally. Yeah, buy your Tarot gift card from the universe at your local Crystal store rather than your giant company.
Speaker 3: Yes, Amazon, we all know what we're we're saying it. I'm sorry, We're all guilty.
Speaker 2: We're all guilty, and that's fine.
Speaker 5: What it is. It just is what it is.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: You know what we're feeling bad about it.
Speaker 2: We're feeling as long as you feel bad about yourself and everything you do all the time, do whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want. You're courageous enough that would.
Speaker 2: Be a good thing in one of these cards. Yeah, okay, And now I've also got an Aroma Coffee and Tea company gift card.
Speaker 3: I did hear you say how much you like gift cards.
Speaker 2: I love gift cards and they're also paralyzing for me.
Speaker 3: Yes, great, I've had that one for two to three years.
Speaker 2: This lines up with the way I treat gift cards.
Speaker 3: I heard on your podcast, and so I've passed it on to you. Which is also sort of like a horror film, like, Yeah, this is what is that.
Speaker 2: Uh, it follows.
Speaker 3: So now I've put the disease in you, and it's yours until you pass it along to someone else.
Speaker 2: Gift follows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also a great coffee shot.
Speaker 2: I've heard good things about this place. I have a friend who goes here to write.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe you can pass it on to them, but then.
Speaker 2: She'll use it.
Speaker 3: Oh boring, and.
Speaker 2: Then the company is probably maybe these are like they're counting on this twenty five dollars or whatever to like to keep them afloat. They're like, if someone spends this card, where you go out of business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Amazon takes over Amazon finally bias, so see that cancels the other one out.
Speaker 2: Oh very interesting. Yeah, this balances the universe.
Speaker 3: So it's almost like I haven't given you anything at all.
Speaker 2: Net neutral Yeah, just absolutely zero here, Yeah, which I like, but you asked for. The thing is is if I spend this, this could spend send the world into a spiral that we may never recover from again.
Speaker 3: You have ultimate power.
Speaker 2: This is what's the movie with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, the Bookstore movie Emailing.
Speaker 3: Oh you got Mail?
Speaker 2: You got Mail? This is kind of a You've Got Mail where the big company's trying to buy Is that what happens? And he's trying to buy out this small I brought you here today on your expert opinion. How about you've got mailed?
Speaker 3: Oh you asked the wrong person.
Speaker 2: Neither of us has seen this movie, not in a long time. I've never seen it. But I got the general idea.
Speaker 3: I think, m h, there's there's email.
Speaker 2: There's email and books and buying.
Speaker 3: And romance and romance, comedy.
Speaker 2: And comedy and a little bit of heart.
Speaker 3: So much heart.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I've got this gift card and you've kept it for three years, I think, So what's your When someone gives you a gift card? Is that generally how it goes? We're like, well, I just can't yeah, forget about it, and we'll spend it.
Speaker 3: It's I think that it got given to me by the PTA of my son's school. Okay, volunteering. Oh, that's which is very nice. But then he graduated from that campus.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, so I never go there to that oh right. And so you'd have to be in the neighborhood, and then it would also have to be in your wallet.
Speaker 3: Yes, it would have to be in my wallet.
Speaker 2: And how many gift cards can have one person have in their wallet. You can't have it for every area.
Speaker 3: Of the simple I get, like the Gelson's, our local grocery store, sens is like a five dollars off coupon.
Speaker 2: Oh right, five dollars off. At Gelson's, you're still I mean.
Speaker 3: At the strawberries that are only fifteen ninety nine and rotten mostly Girlson's.
Speaker 2: Don't get me started.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm also I'm I hope you hear this. Glsons. You need to get something happening with your produce. It is not not fresh.
Speaker 2: This is my take on Gelson's. It is Ralph's. But the only thing that's different is the pricing. Yeah. It's not like you know, you'll go to I don't know, Whole Foods or whatever and you're like, oh, I can notice a difference here. Yes, as you go to a Gelson's, you're like, this is literally the same stuff.
Speaker 3: There's no different brands. It's not like going to Trader Joe's where you're like, oh, this Trader Joe's brand thing of things that I can't get anywhere else.
Speaker 2: No, it's just literally the grocery store pricing timestand but it's so close to my home. I think that's where they really get you. They've got the proximity, and they've got, for whatever reason, a wine bar.
Speaker 3: And they have a wine bar for whatever reason. For your grocery store wine bar time leads.
Speaker 2: When you spend nine dollars on a gallon of milk, you need a drink.
Speaker 3: That's true. That's I got to get drunk to shop there.
Speaker 2: Everyone's just stumbling through the store behind their grocery car. Yes, how did we get to Gelson's pricing? Let's see.
Speaker 3: I don't know your jet lag. I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 2: I need a little bit more coffee here.
Speaker 3: I'll take a coffee break too. I'm excited for you to open. What else is in your back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to get back into here because there's almost feels like there's a If I had to guess right now, I'd be like, this is an action figure. But we'll see what it is. See, Oh my god, it kind of is.
Speaker 3: It kind of is and it matches your shirt.
Speaker 2: Look at that a unicorn. Look how beautiful that look. It's just like you almost exactly the color of my shirt. Where did this come.
Speaker 3: From well, okay, sweet unicorns are just my favorite and I just love them, and so I have them. I have like I have like a box of gift things where like if it's like a birthday or someone's special occasion or something, and then I wrap them a gift. I'll wrap like a little unicorn or a little like rainbow catcher, like light catcher on the outside.
Speaker 2: Where are you getting your unicorns?
Speaker 3: A small local store?
Speaker 2: Your local unicorns?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not Amazon.
Speaker 2: Do you have like a box of unicorns? I do?
Speaker 3: I have unicorn bulk.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's whimsical. Thank you, very whimsical. Have you been a unicorn person your whole life? Yes? Okay, I like the confidence there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love a unicorn.
Speaker 2: Where did it begin?
Speaker 3: Probably Shira?
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: She had a pegasus?
Speaker 2: Did she ride it?
Speaker 3: She wrote a pegasus and that also been a unicorn.
Speaker 2: Pegasus is a unicorn with wings as well.
Speaker 3: Correct doesn't necessarily have a horn. I don't know if hers did wings.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, do you remember did you ever watch Oh Fantasia by Disney?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course the original? Yes, there were like a bunch of pegasus and that Pegasi Pegasi of course, thank you, and unicorns, and I just love magic, magical fairies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I unicorns within the world of fantasy. I think you're just kind of of course. I love a horse with a horn that can fly and do these magical things. I feel like you don't see as many unicorns in popular media anymore. Yeah, it feels like even in fantasy movies, they're not putting them in. I think that's the one thing, except for there's that.
Speaker 3: New movie, new unicorn movie.
Speaker 2: Wait, isn't there like a movie about unicorns or something?
Speaker 3: Movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing a twenty four movie. What does that call? It's not the last Unicorn? That's another thing.
Speaker 3: Is it like, no, I hit a unicorn with my car. I feel like the killing of a sigt unicorn. Then you just couldn't handle our You are so ready top for that. That's why we blocked out the death part.
Speaker 2: They hit it with a car. I don't know, it's I know what you did last summer basically, So the unicorn, the car, it's a movieing Merlin is trying to track you down or something.
Speaker 3: Watch it.
Speaker 2: Let's see. My little pony is not unicorns. That's just pos.
Speaker 3: They have some unicorns. I guess this is and also Rainbow Bright. I think there was a unicorn and that one in that Yeah.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: It was the very eighties totally.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't feel like there's that unicorn. You know, there's not like one famous is there? Who's our most famous unicorn? Is the big question?
Speaker 3: Who is our most famous unicorn?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like a Mickey Mouse kind of a unicorn? Right, there's space. We found a gap in the market.
Speaker 2: We need a unicorn with a name. Yeah, is there a single name unicorn? That's the big question. God, God is a unicorn?
Speaker 3: God is a unicorn? I believe it.
Speaker 2: There's that that book, that children's book, The Last Unicorn. But I don't even know if that that became a movie. Correct.
Speaker 3: That movie was intense.
Speaker 2: But look at us, we can't remember that unicorn's name.
Speaker 3: I'm disappointed in myself.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm you came here, you came in pretty hot. Unicorn wise, you can't name a single unicorn?
Speaker 3: Well, I can name all of them. That's the thing. They all get mixed together.
Speaker 2: There are plenty of famous horses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, National Velvet thought it's name.
Speaker 2: National.
Speaker 3: That's a famous horse movie, isn't it? With Liz Liz of White Diamonds fame going. She was famous, She was friends with Michael Jackson. She had a perfume called White Diamonds.
Speaker 2: Liz Taylor. Sure, she's in a movie about a horse named National Velvet.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: So does she ride National Velvet?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Horse names are psycho when we get like real horse names like that, it's like who when you name a horse and you do that sort of naming, you are revealing something very weird about yourself. I like it.
Speaker 3: I like, I want to shirre that says horse names are psycho.
Speaker 5: It's worse than you even thought because the National Velot was the name of the film. But the horse is the Pie, the original horse, Pie Pie.
Speaker 2: The Pie. And now that's kind of a stupid name.
Speaker 3: The Pi E P I E the Pie.
Speaker 2: I wish it was the private investigator.
Speaker 3: Private investigator, What are you going to do? I'm going to ride that pie. I'm going to ride that pie.
Speaker 2: The pie. The horse is called the pie, the pie. So when you're talking to it, you have to say, hello, the pie.
Speaker 3: Drop it, the pie?
Speaker 4: Drop it?
Speaker 3: Do you say that to a horse?
Speaker 2: I think your horses constantly have things in their mouth.
Speaker 3: Ye, leave it.
Speaker 2: It's chewing up a big piece of bone or whatever, just like drop the bone, the pie, the pie, the pie. But national velvet, God knows what that even means. Then what does national velvet refer to? Does Liz Taylor play national velvet?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Is velvet the fabric of the ribbon that you win?
Speaker 2: You get the national velvet? Yeah, the pie gets the national velvet.
Speaker 3: Everyone wants these twelve yards of fabric.
Speaker 2: Wow, national velvet.
Speaker 3: I really don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow. The fact that you were able to pull that film is.
Speaker 3: But not the Taylor who knows a brain is a brand is a weird.
Speaker 2: As far as celebrity names goes mine is the most broken. I cannot name a celebrity. The fact that I was able to pull up Elizabeth Taylor was I think I deserve a lot of.
Speaker 3: Credit because I can't name on your emails.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Yes, your ribbons, your National velvet vels. I deserve it. I can't name my favorite celebrities. I have a very hard time with that, really, And I brought this up to my boyfriend. I was like, maybe there's something wrong with me mentally, or maybe my brain is breaking. Down, and he just brushed it off. So if something goes wrong, it's his fault, okay, because I've warned him, Yes, and I've also warned you, and I warned all of our listeners.
Speaker 3: Now it's all of our faults.
Speaker 2: Everyone's responsible but me. Okay, unicorns, unicorns, and we named what we didn't name a single horse after me saying they were famous horses. You said National Velvet, We learned the pie. There's ed your seabiscuit.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a pretty famous horse.
Speaker 2: M And that's the end of my list, I guess. But again, two more than a unicorn, I would say. Yeah. And then there's the movie about the unicorn getting hit by a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a movie called a Unicorn Store.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: I think that Bree Larsen directed it.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's new, No, it's well is compared to Velvet? Yeah, newer than that Unicorn Store. Yeah, do you know what that's about. I don't know why I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's about a lot of movie. I have a lot of movies to watch.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I got to get back to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll check in with you periodically. Be able to see National Velvet did you see unicorns?
Speaker 3: It can be a new section of your podcast where you just call me and ask me if I've seen the movies that you want to know about.
Speaker 2: It'll be years. You'll never watch any of them, but we'll keep calling, calling and calling.
Speaker 3: I probably won't. I don't think i'll watch those.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time. You know, I'll put movies on a list and I never get to the list. Yeah, this is something I do. I'm going to reveal a secret about myself. When someone recommends something to me. If I say I'll put that on my list.
Speaker 3: You mean fuck off.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, it's like it's not happening. It's just not Yeah, it will have to be purely by mistake that I watch your recommendation. You know I don't, and I don't know why that is.
Speaker 3: What do you gravitate toward, Like if you were to sit.
Speaker 2: Down, just whatever is immediately in front of me, Oh, okay, or that's valid. I think this might be Tell me if this is true. I think most people have a hard time actually taking a recommendation. I feel like when I recommend something, I don't trust that anyone's ever gonna actually even with I think the closest you'll come is this. If it's a song, someone might listen to a three minute thing, do you recommend? But and then I think there are categories. It's like maybe a song mm hm, potentially a YouTube video okay, next level TV episode of a TV show, okay, what would be the next movie? And then book book is probably the last thing someone's.
Speaker 3: Gonna Actually, a restaurant are we only talking?
Speaker 2: Restaurant is number one? Okay? Maybe even before a song. Wouldn't you say that.
Speaker 3: You'll try a restaurant?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But does it depend on where it is?
Speaker 2: Location is important? Yeah, if it's a restaurant within ten minutes. Yeah, people probably.
Speaker 3: Are like in Japan, like if I was like, oh, you're going to try this?
Speaker 2: I mean, although I had probably nine people send me lists of things to do in Japan, I probably took one recommendation.
Speaker 3: Right, which is something one on a nine ain't bad.
Speaker 2: But you like, if I were to say, oh, you have to hear the song, would you actually listen to it?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Okay? And I think you would have to have it be sent to you.
Speaker 3: I will, I will. I like I like a reason to judge someone.
Speaker 2: So that's a great Yeah, wait to think about this, if I could reframe it in my mind as I get to judge them, I'll.
Speaker 3: Get to judge you and decide if your taste is good, if you're worth being a person or not. But I think like, as you know, if people recommend things and you try them, and then if you're like, Okay, my taste kind of aligns with this person's taste, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right, I think that's the way to go, where it's like the song is a nice little teaser, and if that works for you, you can start asking this person for more things.
Speaker 3: Yes, do you send like like videos to friends on Instagram?
Speaker 2: I'm so careful. I'm maybe more careful than I need to be, uh, because I maybe it's because I'm so annoyed by people sending me things. I'm like, this has to be perfect for me to send it to somebody. And then maybe it's the pressure I'm putting myself. But it's very rare that I'll send somebody a video maybe like you know, like on Instagram, there will be like a reductrous me or ClickHole thing that you have to read seven words. I might send that okay video. I have to be really sure of myself. What about you do you?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, Like different groups of people have become like different things, Like I have two friends in a group chat called pop Parade where we just send like pop.
Speaker 2: Puppy that's great to each other or yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's nice. And if I have another group of friends like my closest friends, and if someone sends me a video that I'm not into, I will be like, I'm not into this video.
Speaker 2: You're that honest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like, let's curate this. Don't be sending me more of this. I'm not I don't care for it. And I hope that the same thing will be said to me, like no, thank you to this one, like okay, okay, your taste is not going in that direction.
Speaker 2: That is so healthy, That is such a healthy the behavior because that is the opposite of me, where I will no matter what anybody sends me, I will not express my unless I really I'll tell someone if I really love it, but I'll never say I don't love something, which.
Speaker 3: You'll just never speak to them again. I slowly left that friendship trouble into the sea.
Speaker 2: No. I'm on a text thread with two other friends and we send each other music all the time, and two of us I think we're brought up in houses that never wanted to keep things as that everything's fine as possible. And the other person was a house wherever everyone was honest with each other. And he'll constantly be like, I don't like this, I don't like this, and I think my other friend and I will be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh that hurts it though, Yeah, that means you don't like me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's reflection of my being my good as a person. Yeah, but he's just being honest, which is totally fine. I'm slowly learning that that's an okay thing to do.
Speaker 3: I think it comes with age, right, I hope so I think so where it's like, oh, they are actually like a ton of different ways to do things, and if someone does it differently than me, maybe that doesn't mean I'm a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Right. And I didn't create this, Yeah, I sent a link.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just opened this clam. I didn't make this clam exactly.
Speaker 2: But I'm just people are sending me everything all the time, willy nilly because they don't know what I care about. I guess, yeah, but then I complain about everything else, so I don't know what's wrong with me ultimately, well more start here to find out right today we get the answers about my personality. Yeah, no, I could do a little more curating as far as just telling people, oh no, stop sending me this. Maybe I don't have to be that harsh.
Speaker 3: It's a no for me dog. Maybe just make it funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see, I feel like I'll overcorrect and then just be rude.
Speaker 3: Well, if they're your real friends, they listen to your podcast and now they know so.
Speaker 2: I have zero friends. I wonder if I often wonder if any of my real friends listen to my podcast. If you're a real friend for each other.
Speaker 3: Out send him an email. I have one of my very dear friends with my closest friends, Elizabeth lame Haw's a podcast called Nobody's Listening Right, and it's just her and her husband Andy talking. And I have a hard time listening to it because you know the person if I'm friends with her, like, just tell me if you want me to know otherwise, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Right, I feel like, yeah, I wouldn't blame anyone in my immediate life if they well except for.
Speaker 3: My well, whatever, who are we blaming?
Speaker 2: There are a couple of people like you could be listening to this, yeah, but my friends are like I would never expect them to listen, Like we are in constant communication with each other. Yeah, and why wouldn't I just tell you? And also it feels almost.
Speaker 3: Nosy, Yeah, my business.
Speaker 2: I could be talking about you. Yeah, I could be complaining about you to the rest of the time.
Speaker 3: I am stop sending me your shitty music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I uh so, I can't. I mentioned too many of my actual friends listen to the podcast.
Speaker 3: When my mom my mom will be like I listen to your podcast, I'm like, don't that's not for you.
Speaker 2: That feels invasive, right, yes.
Speaker 3: Like she'll comment on my Instagram, Oh that's very sweet.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's sweet, but it's also like, get out of my business. But also, I'm you're making everyone else's costs of thousands of people, I'm making it everyone's business.
Speaker 2: Is that something you had to get comfortable with, like as a public person, like your family knowing, Like, sure, that's something I had to as well. Yeah, Oh, I guess they just have access to this. Yeah, you just have to be okay with that.
Speaker 3: And isn't that funny? Why do we feel like so prete, Like we're like, yeah, any like Tom Dick or Harry Right, fine, but like I don't my mom.
Speaker 2: To know God, Mom, yeah she can't know this.
Speaker 3: No, like when you were have you ever smoked?
Speaker 2: I'm like.
Speaker 3: Camp also my child, but if you ever hear?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The next level, totally next level is that how old your kid can?
Speaker 3: I ask thirteen?
Speaker 2: Is this something you have to talk to your kids about now? Like don't smoke?
Speaker 3: Eah? Not totally yet for him, but like vaping is a big conversation because there's also like billboards everywhere.
Speaker 2: Right of course? Yeah, and what is that conversation with a teenager at this point? I feel like my parents never really talked to me about that, Like elementary school, they kind of just like hammered at home, like don't smoke. Yeah, my parents didn't smoke, so I don't know. I never felt like a conversation. But do you feel like there's a lot of pressure for your kid not to smoke? No? Okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: Feel like kids smoke as much as they do, but I guess four kids from his school just got suspended for vaping at school.
Speaker 2: So age smoking it's like very.
Speaker 3: Fun, It's vaping though, now, so I think you can just kind of like it's not like having.
Speaker 2: A cingarette right right, You just go into the and you.
Speaker 3: Just feel like like people do it inside.
Speaker 2: Like completely completely, but probably do it on airplanes. Probably interesting. Yeah, so the kids got in trouble. I wonder how they got caught. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Kids are stupid. Sorry, kids, you're listening.
Speaker 2: When was the first time you smoked?
Speaker 3: Fifteen?
Speaker 2: Okay? Was it a peer pressure situation or were you the person?
Speaker 3: I think I was probably trying to just be cool. As we've established, I have a deep.
Speaker 2: Deep, desperate, clawing, deep.
Speaker 3: Hole inside me that needs to be filled with people thinking I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, let me speaking of cool, you're trying to fit in constantly obviously bringing something to the podcast with the skiff, there's still other things.
Speaker 3: There's two more things in there. I just did a teenage any grab bag?
Speaker 2: Yeah. The next thing feels almost like a piece of taffy. Let's let's see if I'm good at ooh what Actually it is a candy but it's not taffy.
Speaker 3: What is It's the best caramel you've ever had?
Speaker 2: Should I eat it now? Is that gonna be gross on Mic.
Speaker 3: I don't know, are you brave enough? It is your I can fill I can feel to. This is me just trying to feel to.
Speaker 2: Can you sing? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is my podcast.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, I'm gonna try this. Now, let's see. This might take a while for me to eat caramel? Is you know what?
Speaker 3: It's not so bad, It's not the stickiest time, it's I got it when I was in Yucca Valley this weekend. Okay, at Mojave, at a small local store.
Speaker 2: M eat half of it some case.
Speaker 3: But can you do you like it? Do you like a caramel? Isn't it so salty in the best way?
Speaker 2: That's incredible. It's so buttery.
Speaker 3: I got it Mojave Mercantile, I think is what it's called in Yucca Valley. But it's a le bon arson I think it said on the box.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fantastic. Right where do they make this? Is it French?
Speaker 3: It sounds like I don't know. I did no research. I pulled it out of a box of many of them. Oh, I'm sorry I didn't bring enough for everyone. I thought about it. I feel bad that I didn't bring enough for the class.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I hate that I'm rushing through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna have to drive to Yuccavelley to get some more of those sweet sweet salty.
Speaker 2: It's so salty, it's amazing. Yeah. Yeah, that's what Almost every candy I need now is almost not to be sweet at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just want it to be salt and barely sweet.
Speaker 3: Like licking a clam.
Speaker 2: If only this was thicker, colder, and slimier, I would have loved it.
Speaker 3: But I did give you that same staring at you, an expectation while you were eating it.
Speaker 2: Suddenly I'm gagging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, oh, swallow it, swallow it.
Speaker 2: That's so good. Why were you in Yucca Valley Because.
Speaker 3: My friend is in a band called Hardcouartet all fantastic and they're touring right now.
Speaker 2: They're a recent kind of super group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're incredible. Oh my friend Emma Kelly is in it. That's great, amazing and yeah, so I just got to go see like my nineties.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. It's Stephen Malchelmus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who are the is Matt Sweeney right? Jim White's the drummer, yes from Dirty Three, and then Emmett Kelly.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they're so good.
Speaker 2: I imagine this is their first tour or something.
Speaker 3: First tour. Okay, so I saw the very first show.
Speaker 2: I'm sure everyone was thrilled about it.
Speaker 3: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really cool.
Speaker 3: You mean me being there?
Speaker 2: Yes? Of course, who gets a sh about the band? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Everyone was thrill.
Speaker 2: Did you see who's in the audience?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yes, because she wouldn't stop crying.
Speaker 2: Wow. Are you a big music person into that? I am?
Speaker 3: I like to see live music, okay, okay?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 2: Oh? I love it? I love it and I hate it. Concerts are a complicated experience for me, and I complain about them often, even shows I really love. I have a hard time. And I've said this before, and it's often because I'll go to a concert and I'll be like I'll be looking around at everyone in the audience and be like, oh, I'm like these people. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: It's just like to me, a concert feels like I'm a mirror that can push you around. You're like you're getting knocked back and forth by people who are like you, and you're realizing, oh I hate me.
Speaker 3: Sure, I hear you? I do feel like I was watching myself being proud of myself, thinking that I wasn't worried about people what people were thinking about me.
Speaker 2: During the grace, and you weren't drunk.
Speaker 3: I was. I don't drink.
Speaker 2: Oh amazing. Yeah, so well that's a big moment for you just as a person to be like.
Speaker 3: I'm so proud of me for not thinking about myself constantly. Right now, I could just enjoy this experience. It's just about watching your thoughts, right Yeah. I suppose they come in and there fuck bananas.
Speaker 2: They're almost all imagined.
Speaker 3: And to be like, I'm not going to attach to you.
Speaker 2: Just keep going, keep moving, keep keep moving. How often are you going to a live show?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it depends on, like if it's concert season kind of, but I would say at least once a month.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 3: I saw Shannon and the Clams.
Speaker 2: Oh fantastic band, Clams.
Speaker 3: And Clams, the best kind of Clams.
Speaker 2: She's an amazing singer, what a voice.
Speaker 3: I love her very much. She's a wonderful person.
Speaker 2: Oh good, that's nice.
Speaker 3: She's amazing. Okay, And they were playing at Tippatinas when I was in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Oh cool. Yeah, so just by chance you got to see them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just happened to be there at the same time.
Speaker 2: Do you have a like an all time favorite concert?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think Neutral mal Hotel. Oh my god, also in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Wow? When was that?
Speaker 3: Maybe like ten years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's really cool. That's a rare thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like I could send you music and you could send me music. I feel like seem to be vibing.
Speaker 2: Yes. Absolutely, Wow, that's a really cool show. Was it long? Did he play for a while?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they played forever. They sounded perfectly like I also, I love an LCD sound system just because they sound so much like the album that a dance party, dance part.
Speaker 2: Are you going to see them later this year with Pulp? Yes? Oh, I can't wait. Polp is one of my all time, all time favorite best amazing And so I haven't bought tickets yet. Someone told me to wait at the Hollywood's. Yeah. Does it make sense to wait for tickets?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe you can get like last minute tickets, maybe because like the bots buy them all up and they're then they're at the height of their price and then they.
Speaker 2: Go down somebody just told me they've got Beyonce tickets for twenty dollars, So maybe I did hear.
Speaker 3: That Beyonce's tickets were not as much interesting.
Speaker 2: What's happening there.
Speaker 3: We're all horrified and afraid of all of our money being taken from us by the government.
Speaker 2: There's a Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did go to book a plane ticket and my card didn't work like twice, and I was like, oh my god, it's happened. They've taken my money and I'm only allowed to buy things if my husband says it's okay. And then I was like, oh, maybe my credit card's expired. That's the other option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess there is always that worry. But I guess I'll just be waiting a couple of months. So then if it does, if I can't buy tickets, I'll just call me.
Speaker 3: I'll call you and Bee like, please, please, can I go with you?
Speaker 2: Give me your other tick.
Speaker 3: There's no other way I can get a ticket.
Speaker 2: You're the only person I know that I've talked to about this. No, I'll just blame my friend and just ruin his life or something. He goes some more concerts than I do. Certainly he knows better than I do. Great Neutral Milk Hotail. That was your favorite show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you have a favorite show?
Speaker 2: Yes, Eleanor Friedberger I saw. I don't know. Do you know the Banfiery Furnaces, Yes, she's half of that band, but she's got four amazing solo albums and her Fiery Furnaces as a band. Whenever you would see them live, they would play their music completely differently than as recorded, which is an incredible experience. It's so fun to see just like totally new versions of songs you like, and then she does kind of slightly similar thing where you go in. It was like the like her music's not the most the most rocking music you've ever heard on album, but live it was like singing a punk show. It was unbelievable. It was so cool, and I love her so much, but it was an unexpected thing too, so I think that's what made it such a wonderful concert.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 2: Oh and then Pulp seeing them last year was Jarvis Cocker is sixty two or so and still performs like he's twenty eight or something. It's so fun to see that's such a cool, naturally cool person. Those are my two favorites, i'd say, oh, that's great. I don't know that. I've tried to think if I've ever had a really horrible concert experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I have, Yeah, but it's just like, yeah, I've been to somewhere like it's too crowded and everyone's a little too drunk, and there are people like screaming loudly, like what's she playing? Play? What I want you to play? Like that kind of situation.
Speaker 2: There's always one really drunk person that can ruin it for everybody. There's a band that I love, but when a band gets too jammied live, that can be a difficult experience. I saw Built a Spill a long time ago and there was a little too much jamming.
Speaker 3: Was it at the will Turn?
Speaker 2: No, this was when I was still living.
Speaker 3: In Salt Lake, And I don't know when that was because.
Speaker 2: I don't know twenty years ago, twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Maybe I feel that way about I love Built a Spill too, and I feel that way about Built.
Speaker 2: It sometimes live there's just there's some noodling on the guitar where I just feel like, I know people love jamming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can use some edit, yeah, And I don't really speak guitar. So like, sometimes I'm like, like, my husband's very musical, and so sometimes I'll be like, I bet he's enjoying this in a way that I'm not able to enjoy it because I don't understand the mechanics.
Speaker 2: Of it, right, That's how I am. I'm just like, well, now this just isn't the.
Speaker 3: Song that I and then we become the junk girl play.
Speaker 2: But I do again. I love Built a Spill. I don't want to say anything too terrible.
Speaker 3: Same, don't come at us Built a Spill, jeez, I will say.
Speaker 2: A nice experience is to leave a concert early with friends and everyone everyone recognizes we're done here, and you get to leave, yeah, because you all feel so connected to each other. We're like, we don't have to stay as far longer than we need to be here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. I did also get to say this will be my last one, and then there's one last thing in there. Liz Fair oh exile of course. Last year she played the whole.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing and it was so fun. Oh that sounds great. I love this. I don't know if bands love this new trend of having to play their old albums all the way through. But it's like, when else are you going to get an.
Speaker 3: Opportunity to hear though it was I think thirty years oh at least right, and she was so like like she just kind of kept being like, I can't believe you guys enjoy. So it also was like she was like, this is amazing, and we were like, this is amazing. It was great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of bands their first few are their best anyway, and so you but it's like I feel guilty that I don't want to listen to your newer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or it hates you. It's it's about hitting you at a certain time in your life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's no Soldia tied into it and all sorts of things. And then yeah, but I think that's a great trend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too. Keep it coming.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with that.
Speaker 3: Keep it coming.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into this final thing here. It feels like another.
Speaker 3: Oh it's also orange.
Speaker 2: It's a look out beautifully. I mean, if you're watching the video of this on YouTube, you're now saying on almost art directed episode where I've got a unicorn, that's color of my tst.
Speaker 3: It goes with back here.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to put these on our shelf. Yes, these just go permanently on here.
Speaker 3: I was hoping my guys make it back there. I didn't know. I don't know you, so I didn't know if you were more of a dinosaur person or more of a unicorn person.
Speaker 2: I would say, I'm kind of in the middle, you know, unicorn dinosaur thing. It's a spectrum. Ultimately, it's a spectrum. It's just like anything else in the world. It's a spectrum. And I would say, I'm right here in the middle of this.
Speaker 3: You're the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 2: I'm the Eiffel Tower of unicorns and dinosaurs. No, I like Growing up, I probably would have read more about unicorns fantasy level, but I like dinosaurs and science type stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Jurassic Park, the original at least so good. Still a great movie.
Speaker 3: Just rewatch it. Highly highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: It holds up really well. Yeah. I've only seen a couple of the other ones, and I've never been as thrilled. Yeah they're fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, are.
Speaker 2: There any other Well, Godzilla is not quite a dinosaur, but I saw that Godzilla minus whatever it was, the Japanese one last year. Unbelievable, very cool, it's like genuinely scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really loved that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really feels like as close as I felt, like, Oh, this is what it would feel like if Godzilla existed. It would be kind of scary, very scary. This thing is an giant creature destroying Japan. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would just went on a swamp tour also, highly first swamp. I was from Mississippi and Louisiana grew up going there. Highly recommend Ragin Cajun Swamp to War.
Speaker 2: I love the name. I'm behind it already.
Speaker 3: But yeah, got to meet a thirteen foot long twenty six year.
Speaker 2: Olds like it kind of if you stuff right there, you just met a thirteen foot long twenty six year old.
Speaker 3: That's it worth it, alligator. But like even just seeing that, the massive size of that thing, that is terrifying. Like even if just that was running around, Oh my god. Of course it doesn't even have to be.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could be in a boat near that. I would be so scared.
Speaker 3: I was afraid right before I went. And they have them crawl up onto the boat.
Speaker 2: Not that ba no no no no oh.
Speaker 3: But the smaller ones. There were sisters named Shanaya and twain.
Speaker 2: It was cute.
Speaker 3: They did a good job.
Speaker 2: Did you get to touch them?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, they're like I mean, they're straight up wild animal, right, but they live in this like I think this company probably owns this amount of swampland. So they're used to the boats okay, okay, And they feed them chicken legs, but not so much that they won't eat their natural Yeah. Yeah, they're natural prey humans and unicorns. That's what happened to the unicorns.
Speaker 2: Wow. The thing that scares me most about alligators is the whipping and thrashing. The jaws are not like, but I feel like if you got closer and starts freaking out, that scares me. Getting whipped by that table.
Speaker 3: You and take you underwater and row and roll you around until you're drowned and like soft and then shove you and I'll shove you in a log and come back and eat you later.
Speaker 2: Is that true? It puts you away, It puts you.
Speaker 3: Away for later to soften you up. That's what you should have done to the clam.
Speaker 2: That's what the sushi chef should have done to the colts.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: I'm not responsible for this, holding this for me actually put this in a log for a few days.
Speaker 3: Are just in your palm, in your warm palm.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know that's a new fact about alligators. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it's true.
Speaker 2: Well, they have kind of a food storage system that they've got going humans all over for later. Yeah, but that is kind of like that's not The teeth aren't as much danger, right, it's the like strangling you to death or.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I think the jaw.
Speaker 2: Big clampers, clampers. Speaking of animals that are used to humans, we went to a monkey parkist.
Speaker 3: Kyoto where you go inside the house.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's incredible, incredible.
Speaker 3: Did you love it?
Speaker 2: I adored it. And it didn't feel like it wasn't like a I may be wrong and I'll just continue to be ignorant about this because it didn't feel like a tiger king situation where every animal was in danger. I felt like they were taking advantage of us rather than us taking advantage of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go in the little house and buy food for them.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was feeding them apples or I could have bought peanuts or whatever, and they come and just take it from you. And it's wonderful and you see them running around. I saw a mother holding a little baby, and it's unbelievable experience.
Speaker 3: Did you see well, let's see, I think we went around the same time. So you missed the cherry blossoms.
Speaker 2: Missed the cherry blossoms. I'm sure that was incredible.
Speaker 3: Did you go to a don Quixote?
Speaker 2: Is that the grocery store?
Speaker 3: It's like like a Target kind of a place.
Speaker 2: But I kept reading about it. Never saw you.
Speaker 3: Gotta go back for that.
Speaker 2: I honestly would love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: What did you buy anything at the Target of Japan?
Speaker 3: I didn't. But there was like a little boy whose buttthole was like sticking out.
Speaker 2: Like a little Oh, I see this is at Target all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just the air vapor coming out. It was like a room humid a fire, but it's just like a little it's blasting out of a little boys but hole.
Speaker 2: This was like some sort of entrapment. This was like to catch a predatory. Do you buy that thing?
Speaker 3: Japanese authorities just yeah, they come right out and they're like, no, my skin is just dry, and yeah.
Speaker 2: We got her fellows. Yeah. Wow, I'm sorry to have missed that store though I feel like a big like buy all sorts of crazy things. I didn't really get to experience that. Yeah, we went to a place called Hands, which was kind of a big department store, but didn't feel like that kind of thing. Don quixote. Why did they call it that?
Speaker 3: No idea?
Speaker 2: Do they sell any windmills?
Speaker 3: That's the big question that I saw mister Pinko pachinko on the ground floor.
Speaker 2: Did you play Pachinko?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Did you know what is pachinko? I think about the wheel or the prices, right game pallinko?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is that maybe plinko plinko, Clinko plinko different things.
Speaker 3: I think that's different.
Speaker 2: Pachinko has nothing to do with a ball rolling down a thing, I don't think. So. I want to just get my eyes on it.
Speaker 3: Get your eyes on.
Speaker 2: It, because I saw plenty of these casinos. Oh yeah, there's, of course the wonderful book called Pachinko, which.
Speaker 3: Is an incredible book now a TV show.
Speaker 2: Now a TV show.
Speaker 3: But the game itself, maybe it is a ball that goes down.
Speaker 2: It is it's almost like a pinball machine or something that's gambling. Yeah, so I wasn't that far off. It's kind of a beautiful game. Look at that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's lovely. Oh I actually used to have one of those that I got at the Rose Bowl. Oh you're kidding, a vintage.
Speaker 2: You could have opened a casino. I should have this opportunity. Damn.
Speaker 3: I love a casino too.
Speaker 2: Do you really know? I hate because guys going to leave the podcast.
Speaker 3: They're the worst.
Speaker 2: I despise a casino.
Speaker 3: When's your birthday?
Speaker 2: October ninth?
Speaker 3: When's yours on Sunday?
Speaker 2: On Sunday?
Speaker 3: Happy birth eleventh? Also Mother's Day? Oh your listeners must it? Sorry you guys?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Rude, rude of them, really inconsiderate.
Speaker 3: Not too late to send something, though, I'll always take a gift. The ones that you don't want, I'll take them.
Speaker 2: Are you doing anything for your birthday?
Speaker 3: I'm going to go out to Malibu for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Very nice. Yeah that sounds relaxing.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: You can't drive up the one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, actually that now that I'm thinking about recent events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know, but it feels maybe like good to put money back into the and I love shout out broad Street oyster. Oh interesting, that's a good restaurant recommended.
Speaker 2: Are they serving claims?
Speaker 3: They probably? Yeah, they definitely have fried clams for sure.
Speaker 2: Well count me out. All right, I think we should play a game.
Speaker 3: Great, is it pachinko?
Speaker 2: We're playing pachinko? Bring it out?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, We're gonna play a game called Gift or a Curse. But first I need a number between one and ten from you. Eight. Okay. I have to do some light calculating to get our game pieces. So right now you can recommend, promote, do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. I am currently shooting season two of my Netflix series with Ted Danson created by Michael Schuer called A Man on the Inside. Please tune into that if you have not tuned into it. It's very different from the other show that a lot of people know me for called It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which is also about to premiere season seventeen. I've been doing that show for twenty years. And what else am I doing right now? Just trying to stop and smell the flowers. Here's a shout out for stopping and smelling the flowers.
Speaker 2: You know, beautiful. Everybody go watch those shows. Both great shows and don't forget to smell the flowers, and smell the flowers for God's sake.
Speaker 3: Come on, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: What else are you doing?
Speaker 3: You too good for flowers?
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm smelling them constantly. Do I have anything to recommend outside of anything? I probably do, but I can't think of it right now.
Speaker 3: It's hard. Quartet, go see.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Oh Alabama Shakes? Are you going to see Alabama Shanks?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Where are they playing?
Speaker 3: Shannon and the Clams are going to open for the.
Speaker 2: Hollywood Bull's got it all, got it all? Nothing comes to mind for me. No one can blame me. I'm tired. But this is how we're going to play Gift a curse. I'm going to name three things. You're going to tell me if there are a gift or a curse and why? Then I'll tell you if you're right or wrong, because there are correct answers. You can fail. Hopefully you won't, but you might well, so be careful.
Speaker 3: If you fail me, you might be failing. So just saying, okay, don't take criticism.
Speaker 2: Well, all right. These are all suggestions from our Patreon listeners today because the list has gotten out of control over on Patreon, and I've got to make my way through it. So let's just get into it. This first one is from a listener named Lindsey. Gift or a curse. When you're overnight out of town, guest sees your bathtub and says, hmm, maybe i'll have a bath while I'm here.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Oh well, there's so many caveats, like, who's the person? You know what I mean, right, seize my bathtub. No, it's in my bathroom. You shouldn't have even come up here to look. You're not welcome, So curse.
Speaker 2: Wrong. That's a gift. That's like, I love this person. They're storming around the house making declarations about what they're going to do with your home, and they're making themselves just comfortable. Comfortable.
Speaker 3: You love it.
Speaker 2: They're saying, Bridger, I love your bath I'm gonna take it. They're taking control of my They're essentially hijacking.
Speaker 3: My life, and you like to have your life hijacked.
Speaker 2: I like a visitor who says what they're gonna do. Oh, I love if I find a visitor in my bathtub, good for them. You know, I invited them into my home and they're doing it up. Okay, there's no wishy washy, there's no maybe I'll take a bath. Well, actually they still say maybe I'll have a bath. But you know, they're living their dream, okay, and I'm happy for them.
Speaker 3: You're a better person than I am. Maybe they say maybe I'll have a bath, and I say, I don't think so, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll wear your clothes while I am.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just sleep with my husband? Geez, get out of my bathroom.
Speaker 2: Good for them, Good for them. I'm on the all right.
Speaker 3: We have different takes, h I have the correct one. You have the I got in correct one.
Speaker 2: You got on that one. Okay. Second one is from a listener named Chris Gift or a curse Outdoor cats.
Speaker 3: Outdoor cats, I mean, uh, there's some drama happening with this on my Instagram page because we found our cat. Okay, he was a one year old stray, found him in our backyard, took him in, and he's an indoor outdoor cat Gift because he poops outside.
Speaker 2: Oh dream come true.
Speaker 3: Barely ever have to see this cat's poop, but pulls in lizards. Day before Easter, pulled in a bunny. Bunny's okay, Bunny's okay. People will argue that the bunny's not okay because my cat's mouth touched it, to which I say, I'm sorry. Should I shoot my cat now? Is that what you would like me to do? That's where I go.
Speaker 2: Why was the bunny outdoors? Right, that's the bigger question.
Speaker 3: It was a It was a wild rabbit.
Speaker 2: I didn't know La had wild rabbit.
Speaker 3: I it does. I had a full on conversation with a coyote this morning, just walking down the street.
Speaker 2: It was pushing its kid in a stroller.
Speaker 3: It was looking for that bunny. Probably, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I've been robbed of an LA experience not seeing a rabbit.
Speaker 3: I also was like, I have never seen I don't think I've seen a wild rabbit.
Speaker 2: What did it look like? Did it look like a desert hair? Yeah? Wow, I know.
Speaker 3: I'll show you a photo.
Speaker 2: I've got to see this. That's fascinating.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I need to get my eyes on an outdoor rabbit now in La.
Speaker 3: Hang out in my bathtub. Maybe my cat will bring one to you.
Speaker 2: So I say, gift, correct, absolutely a gift. I mean I think there are outdoor cats. There's a lot of It's a complicated issue for a lot of people, but ultimately what it comes down to is I love cats. Yeah, I love cats taking care of local pests. You know, this is this podcast is not really on the side of rats or mice, and so the idea of cats being around to protect me at all.
Speaker 3: For it, some Godzilla rat comes crashing into your house.
Speaker 2: I was at a restaurant recently where there are rats running in the trees. That wasn't a good experience. So that restaurant, if they had outdoor cats, they wouldn't be a problem. I never have a problem when I see a cat outside. Yeah, you know, I think, oh, that's wonderful. I mean, hopefully it's being well fed and yeah, care of baba.
Speaker 3: Your cats do all that. But like, look, especially in a place like LA, there's going to be outside cats.
Speaker 2: Yes, and hopefully they're being taken care of. But I don't have at least a spiritual problem with them. I love to see them, agreed, there are protectors.
Speaker 3: Like what is the name of the movie with the cat and there's no words in it? And I think at one and us.
Speaker 2: Go, oh, what was that called?
Speaker 3: It's like, yes, reflection, what feel free to step in?
Speaker 2: Ripple water water cat? What is that? I saw half of it was really beautiful.
Speaker 3: I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Flow flow, flow, flow flow. It's so pretty. Yeah, and it has no words in it whatsoever. Really, but that cat's an outdoor cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So if you have a problem with that cat, you've got problem with Oscar winning films.
Speaker 2: You have no taste? Yeah, all right, so you've gotten one right so far. And this final one is from a listener named Hannah Gift or a curse eating bacon with a fork so your fingers don't get greasy.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, we've established that I have not eaten meat in a really long time for you, so I would say eating bacon is a no because I like cats and I like pigs. Live pigs, as I think, get your fingers dirty. What are you scared of the hepe outbreak that's happening in Los Angeles right now?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 3: Are we all getting vaccinated? At the end of this podcast?
Speaker 2: Is someone out hepatitis vaccines?
Speaker 3: There's so many hepatitises you don't know.
Speaker 2: There are at least three. I can at least three A B and C, A B and C, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've got a D on the way.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's coming. So I say, I say no to the fork, just you know, jump in, go for it, go for it.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's a curse. I think that bacon, whether it's any you know, regular turkey, veggie, I guess there's beef, bacon whatever. I think part of the experience is a lot of There are certain foods you have to eat it with your hand or it doesn't taste right. Yeah, it's like eating a muffin with a fork. I just feel like you need to. Or a donut you like, if you don't, if your hand doesn't bring it to your mouth for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the point bene powdered sugar to blast off?
Speaker 2: Yes, and you don't you if you cut it with your knife and fork. The texture goes wrong with a donut, like flattens out of it, right, So get a life, you know, just pick it up.
Speaker 3: Get over yourself.
Speaker 2: Your fingers are why do you care if they're greasy during breakfast?
Speaker 3: What else are they for?
Speaker 2: What's your napkin for? What are your pants for?
Speaker 3: What's your mouth for?
Speaker 2: What is everything around you for? Just wipe it?
Speaker 3: Else, wipe it? Are your friend?
Speaker 2: What are you? What's your hair for?
Speaker 3: What's your hair? Run your hands, your fingers looks great? Oh thank you. It's making grease.
Speaker 2: Got two out of three. Not bad, Okay, I'll take it very nice and on at least. Do you have your gift or a curse? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I got to roll back a few minutes to something that's been bothering.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love it long simmer and cat.
Speaker 4: No, it's no.
Speaker 5: A little farther back than that, I'm sorry to say a few weeks ago where you're you know, you were spanking and eating an uncooked block of Velveta cheese on this podcast, and yet eating a caramel on MIC is now too much?
Speaker 2: Really, That's where this is what I'll say. Caramel cheese, I knew I was going to only have a small bit and swallow it, swallow it as quickly as possible, because I thought this isn't going to taste good, Whereas with this caramel, I knew it would taste good. And caramel is a chewy thing that can the mouth noise can get disgusting and I'm always trying to just think on every level as far as mouth noise goes for this podcast and so on. Alice, you're wrong, and the fact that you brought this up this late is humiliating for you.
Speaker 3: He also hadn't punished this food in any way before putting in this mouth spanking, which is a critical step.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, fair enough, fair enough, I'll accept that fired.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, now that you've fallen on your face, would you like to bring up your gifter because jan Lis is going to do one, and we're both going to speak to it, and then they're going to tell us who's correct.
Speaker 4: Great, all right, gift or a curse? Refrigerated water.
Speaker 2: If you want to go.
Speaker 3: I have a strong Oh okay, I'm very curious. Curse?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Who wants a mouthful of cold, cold coldness, Not in a clam, not in a water, not in ice, don't you ice? It doesn't absorb. It needs to be room temperature to absorb properly and more quickly into your body. That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: I think it's a gift, an absolute gift, for a lot of reasons. First of all, I feel like this started very young for me in piano lessons when I knew when I my teacher, Missus Siegler, had a thing of refrigerated water in her fridge, and I knew that if I didn't want to play the piano, I could simply ask for a drink of water and it would take a long time to get and it would take up at least five minutes of my piano lesson. So that's where my love of this began, and it's just been a lifelong love affair for me with refrigerated water. I think it tastes great. It's so refreshing, and I don't need to use the ice cubes. I have no problem with it whatsoever. I don't care if it absorbs or not. They can just run out of my mouth for all I care. Wow, it's hitting the cold.
Speaker 3: Cold like a cold water fall straight from from the lips.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what else I love is brushing my teeth and then having a glass of cold water. It feels so cold, so cold.
Speaker 3: I don't care for the cold.
Speaker 2: You're not a cold your mind temperature.
Speaker 3: My son loves the like held shoe ice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which is a sign sometimes of like an iron deficiency. I think interesting look into it.
Speaker 3: I mean he loves like a popsicle, though he frosion bananas that are covered in chocolate into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I can't.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: I can chew an ice, a small ice, pebble ice. That's the only one I can really, So I guess I'm a fraud, but I love a refrigerated water. It's a gift.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I was worried about our relationship for a second there, Bridge.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm always a little worried about as am I.
Speaker 4: But I think we turned it around because I agree with you. It's a gift.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's a gift.
Speaker 5: There's nothing more crisp and refreshing. And also, as I have to say, as a single person, I can't go through that Brita on my counter that fast if it's room tamp oh, I don't drink that much water. So then I'm going to be drinking like, you know, bacteria filled water. If it just sits there on the counter for too long. It needs to be fresh out of the fridge. It lasts longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go on a walk, come.
Speaker 4: Home, nice big glass of cold water. Ah, nothing better we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, room temperature water might as well be pond water.
Speaker 3: I love a pond water. Delicious pond water.
Speaker 2: Well, you got a lot of things wrong.
Speaker 3: I sure did. This is why you guys do this podcast. And I'm just a guest and if you need me, I'll be in your bathtub.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to answer a couple one or two listener questions from the Patreon which you helped me answer. Yes, okay. This first one is more of a listener named Sarah sent me a screenshot of breaking news and I guess we just need to speak to this and it says it's from the Wall Street Journal. It says Cole's fired at CEO for funneling business to a romantic partner. What do we think of this?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, there is a lot to unpack there. It feels like, really, we're gonna take someone to tell we're going to take the Cole CEO to task. Look at our president. Look what our president's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing all sorts of shit and he gets to do it.
Speaker 3: How come Cole's is getting in trouble.
Speaker 2: This guy was running Coles. Let him do whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: Just let him give is his romantic partner whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: He was he was trying to make Coles a little sexier. Yeah, and it's already a very sexy department.
Speaker 3: Store, so sexy, not as sexy as a don Quixote.
Speaker 2: But you know, for America, when people think romance, they think Coles. And how is this guy able to resist bringing his romantic partner in and giving them some money and taking them on all sorts of trips?
Speaker 3: Is that what they were funneling? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, they could be anything, could be anything, chocolates, caramels, Cruis.
Speaker 3: Shoes, shoes isles.
Speaker 2: For yeah, probably discount. He was giving them discount shoes and purses.
Speaker 3: Oh that's kind.
Speaker 2: I think there's all he should not. Well, actually, first of all, we're assuming he which from I mean, I'm assuming which was sexist.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the person in charge. Obviously it's a man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, of course. So if this was a guy, he was the boss.
Speaker 3: Bosses are men, yes, agreed, blessing.
Speaker 2: But whoever it was, I'm happy for them and they found love and found a way to embezzle money and a new way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just discount purses full of cash.
Speaker 2: I'm from the till Yeah, just the CEO at the cash register. I'm happy for him. He should more her.
Speaker 3: Or whoever are all, whoever's involved.
Speaker 2: Whoever's involved should not be in trouble. Yeah, this is what I'm having to say. Whoever fired them should be fired. Yes, and the romantic partner and the CEO should be reinstated as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Yes, and sent on a romantic vacation to Japan.
Speaker 2: So we've spoken to that. Fantastic. And here's one short question. It says, if you were dating a man with an ex wife and the co parent a six year old son, would you be okay with the ex wife calling him to help with stuff like handyman things around the house and to help her when she is locked out of the house. Much leven love. And that's from Megan. What do we think about this?
Speaker 3: Oh, Meghan? Meghan? Meghan?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do we think that Megan is the person question here?
Speaker 3: Megan, this is what you know. We've been talking a lot about cold wet clams. Megan. You're coming in with some some actual UH therapy work here.
Speaker 2: And I think one thing that would be nice to know is the man the CEO of Coles.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that that that's always the most important. First question, if he's the CEO of Coles. We've kind of he's exonerated.
Speaker 2: He could do whatever he wish, and it's oaken his ex wife because uh, you know, they have romance, they have coals, they have so many things tying.
Speaker 3: To do, things that we like. Right, Let's see. I mean I think, yes, if the conversation has been had about it and you feel okay about it, and if you don't feel okay about it, bring up how you feel. We've established that you have to you have to cultivate your own experience here, right, you like the song? Do you not like this song?
Speaker 2: Right? And you know there's a chance that their boundaries being stepped over here or not. We've got to clarify that they have a son together. Yeah, if she's calling him to sleep with her, it's a different Maybe that's a and maybe even that's okay, Okay, we don't know. You don't know. You Megan has to decide.
Speaker 3: Megan knows what's and we don't.
Speaker 2: Even know if it's me Megan's that's maybe it's the next or neighbor. Maybe it's Megan's fringe.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's the ex husband who wrote in as Megan to try to shove Meghan's nose in it.
Speaker 2: He says, See, Meghan's husband signed up for the Patreon in order.
Speaker 3: To to get your opinion on whether it's okay for him to be a handyman for his X way.
Speaker 2: Which would I would say is the most appropriate route to take care of this problem?
Speaker 3: Agreed, do not sleep?
Speaker 2: Yes, concise you will get the best possible answer and everything will be resolved via Patreon, via podcast, via fake name, acting as the you are someone's wife, yes, or your own wife. I think that that's healthy, fair and honest. And maybe he should be this he maybe he is the CEO.
Speaker 3: Cool to see you.
Speaker 2: That's how you become seen. You know, it's a man.
Speaker 3: That's all we know.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, the only thing that ever matters is that it's a man.
Speaker 3: Be a man. Be a man, Megan, Be a man, Megan, and then you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Well, we answered both of those questions more than perfect, really well, we answered We solved problems. I would say, yes, and this is all with me being sleep deprived and me.
Speaker 3: Being a failure and a total total failure on every level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is you've overcome a lot of things today.
Speaker 3: Or just realized how much I haven't over how much more I have to overcome.
Speaker 2: But we're rooting for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's all that matters. In the end.
Speaker 3: I'll become a man soon enough. Please, one can only dream.
Speaker 2: Please, if you ever want that CEO position, which I do? You do you want to be running.
Speaker 3: Coles to tell from all the choices I've made in my life.
Speaker 2: Dream job running coals, That's kind of my dream job, to be honest, Well, I have all I have most of my gifts. I've eaten one. I have a gift card that I may never use. I'll have to be in the neighborhood. I'll have to be in the right state of mind to say I deserve to use a gift card today, that I have this little card to tell me I have the courage.
Speaker 3: To use that gift card.
Speaker 2: And then we have the unicorn and the dinosaur, which have already become part of the show's set, which is amazing.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've ever had a listener go this quickly from gift set.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that's impressive.
Speaker 3: I feel honored.
Speaker 2: You should be honored. I've had such a wonderful time with you.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being This.
Speaker 3: Has been lovely. Thanks thanks for the coffee.
Speaker 2: Of course, listener, the podcast is over. I've got to either go to sleep or be awake for a day. I don't know what my body's gonna do. Maybe I'll die, I don't know. No one ever knows what's going to happen with me, But what's gonna happen with you? You have thege, you have the whatever said in this card, do with your day what you will. I don't care. I love you, goodbye. I said no Gifts is an exactly right production. Our senior producer is on Alisa Nelson, and our episodes are beautifully mixed by Ben Tolliday. The theme song is by miracle worker Amy Mann, and we couldn't do it without our booker, Patrick Cottner. You must follow the show on Instagram at I said no gifts, that's where you're going to see pictures of all these wonderful gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see the gifts? Lie?
Speaker 3: Why did you hear.
Speaker 1: Fun a man myself perfectly clear? When you're I guess Tom, you gotta come to me empty? And I said no guests, your our presences presents, and I already had too much storf. So how do you dare to survey me