Speaker 1: Hey, is Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we're trying something brand new today on your Second Date podcast. But first we want to take a moment and say thank you to all of our listeners who showed up for our YouTube live session yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we try to.
Speaker 1: Go live more often. So if you aren't following the show on all of the socials, it's at Brook and Jeffrey. If you aren't already on YouTube, it's YouTube dot com slash Brook and Jeffrey very creatively named handles. You can't find this, yeah, and then be disappointed with how we look there.
Speaker 3: It is basically how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but today today we heard you guys like the awkwardness. You guys for commenting you want more of them, So here we go. You're getting what you asked for. Today is awkward Thursday. It's brand new. I don't know if we'll ever do Awkward Thursday again, but see, we'll see what type of response is solicit. So it starts right now.
Speaker 2: Drama before a wedding. Is it even possible? Yes, jeff Yes, it is very much on this show.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: In fact, one of our listeners is just weeks away from tying the Nott and she's come to us with a huge regret after something happened between her and a close guy friend while they were partying together.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 5: It's not what you'd think, Okay, okay, but it is probably worse, and she is desperate to reverse what's already been done. You're gonna find out when we talked to her in a brand new awkward call coming up next. It's awkward, It's Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday.
Speaker 1: Professional imaging done.
Speaker 5: Is nice to do a brand new segment every once in a while on this show with an exciting idea never done before.
Speaker 1: On radio, I mean never done since Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with extremely high production imaging made by the finest engineers and vocal artists on this plan.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know that.
Speaker 1: There's no AI on this show.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: Here's something like that and it brings us to this, the first ever Awkward Thursday phone call.
Speaker 1: A lot of listeners happy. We've been getting requests on the podcast feed to do it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 5: Things are just too awkward in the world right now, and we had to add more awkward calls a special one for this because one of our listeners reached out seeking our help with her upcoming wedding.
Speaker 2: So her name is Brittany.
Speaker 5: Brittany, First of all, how does it feel to know you're going to be making radio history with the first ever awkward Thursday phone call?
Speaker 1: No one will forget this moment.
Speaker 4: Wow, I get honored. I guess you, britt.
Speaker 5: We're honored to have you. So apparently you've got a wedding coming up. They're usually such low effort, drama free events. I'm not sure why in the world you would need our help, But what's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you the bride? I am congratulations, Thank you. I'm super excited. And it's three weeks away. So yeah, it's coming up, and it's crazy. I haven't had any drama. I know you were saying that as a joke, but until one of my guy friends, like this happened with a guy friend, which I was surprised about.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, that's not who I would pin the drama on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, a guy friend. Who's in your wedding party? Or who is this friend?
Speaker 4: Just a friend of mine? Like he's you know, I've known since college, so he's just in my group of friends. Okay, and I guess this is like a month ago. We all kind of went out for not really like a bachelorette but kind of like an unofficial bachelorette celebration, you know, just to kind of celebrate my wedding.
Speaker 1: Okay, like a big group of your friends.
Speaker 4: Was your fiance there too, No, it was just my friends. It was just all of us from like back in the day, and you know, we're having a good time and drinking and whatever. And at the end of the night, well, it's not what you're saying. It's just so weird. He kind of pitched me an idea.
Speaker 2: What kind of idea?
Speaker 4: He said, he wants to propose to his girlfriend at my wedding reception?
Speaker 1: Oh can you give me that drunk to think that's a good idea? Even?
Speaker 4: Oh man, what's even crazier is that, like I was so excited that he was going to propose. I just like screamed and hugged him right away.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you what you said?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: And I feel like he took that as a yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How can you be mad at him for being like, oh my god, I'm so excited for you, and like.
Speaker 2: He read that as like a positive reason.
Speaker 1: I don't think that she's mad. I think now she just probably feels like she's gonna she put herself into a bad situation, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: Well, and what's even crazier is like he was so like touched by that that he was like, imagine, like our weddings will be lean, Trevor, Man, it's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Anyone who's ever thought about proposing?
Speaker 5: That's what you think, right, You're like, look, it's like connection with the bride and groom, love sprouts more love, and all your friends are already there to witness, so you're ready to party and celebrate together.
Speaker 3: The efficient you could just get it done, I think talking, I mean, I don't know if you want to talk him out of it, but I think even talking him out.
Speaker 1: Of it would save his fiance, because who wants to be proposar at somebody else's wedding?
Speaker 2: Like every woman on.
Speaker 1: The world knows that that's a huge fokos.
Speaker 5: Clearly, we have a lot of opinions in this room, Brittany, But where are you at?
Speaker 2: What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: And now I have to like say something, but I just don't know how to approach it. I think he's going to be crushed.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you so you don't want it to happen. You don't want him to propose to your wedding.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a good idea. No, And like my family hates it of course, So like I was on the fence before, but because they were so strongly, you know, feel so strongly, I was like, I have to really do something here, okay, because they.
Speaker 1: Like we're footing the bill not for his engagement party.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Maybe he should pay, like for the bar.
Speaker 5: What's the least important part of a wedding, Like.
Speaker 2: The groom is the least important.
Speaker 1: Honestly, we haven't even talked about him. Have you told your fiance about this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Because I didn't.
Speaker 2: I would probably be all for it too. It'd be like, yeah, sure, let him propose. I have to talk less.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's my family who's the most like, oh no, this is not happening.
Speaker 1: Ye can make sense to have you talked to your friend again about like his proposal plans.
Speaker 4: No, but like we were at some birthday party or whatever, and he was kind of like me to look like we know.
Speaker 5: So that's why it's going to be extra awkward because he's under the impression that you're one hundred percent supportive of his plan to.
Speaker 2: Pop the question at your wedding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so how do we politely help her deliver the news that she is rescinding her blessing for his proposal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I forgot. We got to give advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even on a Thursday, Jose, our job.
Speaker 5: Never ends, you know, right right, Brittany, that's who we're calling here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can hear your nerves already.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be fine. I think he'll understand.
Speaker 5: Whenever Brookes says that, you know, it's the kiss of death. So best of luck to all of us as we take a break for a quick second to think of some good advice to give you before you call your friend and tell him I'm sorry even though I told you yes, now you cannot propose.
Speaker 2: At my wedding reception. I know my heart broke.
Speaker 5: Just saying we're going to do it with your word Thursday phone call special Thursday.
Speaker 2: We'll do it right after this. Hold on, it's awkward. It's Thursday Thursday.
Speaker 5: What is it about brides and grooms that makes them think their wedding day should be all about them.
Speaker 2: You don't get it.
Speaker 5: But of course we have a bride to be on the phone named Brittany who says I don't want my friend to propose it my wedding, even though I kind of already gave him permission to do so earlier.
Speaker 2: Oh man, classic bride.
Speaker 5: But you know what, Sure, we'll help her crush a young man's romantic dreams.
Speaker 2: That's the way you're framing it is awful. It's the truth. Am I saying anything that's not true?
Speaker 1: It's just your tone.
Speaker 2: You're right, I'm the evil one.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You've been a bride before. What's your advice to a fellow bride?
Speaker 1: Well, I think what you need to do, Brittany, is you need to use the Toddler method on this one. Yeah. You know, like when toddlers are having a tantrum and they're really emotional. You don't try to fix the behavior, You distract. What you need to do is you need to come up with better, more awesome proposal ideas for him so he just even stops thinking about your wedding as an option.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that is a good idea.
Speaker 2: I didn't believe.
Speaker 1: About Bay as a guy. If you make us think we have a good idea that could work.
Speaker 2: Okay, so some advice.
Speaker 5: Normally we go to Jose for more, but since this is a bridal thing, we should probably ask another female.
Speaker 2: Stay far away from this.
Speaker 5: So we're going over to Alexis any hot tips you got for Brittany?
Speaker 1: A hot tip?
Speaker 3: But you know in your friendship, so I think you should deflect the blame.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna blame somebody else, yes, of course, like specifically your mother in law. The mother in laws are easy.
Speaker 2: My mother in.
Speaker 1: Law doesn't want this to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you're gonna blame it on anybody, blame it on the person, You're probably not gonna get along.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I've learned from that should have been drugs advice. So there we go. You have a little bit to work with. You could choose to use it or not.
Speaker 5: But we're gonna dial your friend Dylan here and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to rescind permission for him to propose. Okay, this should be fun.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna dial it right now. Let's see how it goes.
Speaker 6: Hello, Jill.
Speaker 4: Pick Brenee, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm good, I'm great. How are you how your booh good?
Speaker 4: This is good. We're getting so excited.
Speaker 6: I am super pumped, not only just for me, but for you wedding and then you already know I'm just so excited about you being my bestie and allow me to do what I'm what I'm so nervous to do, but I'm so excited to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I don't. I wanted to talk to you actually about that specifically because you know how like we were going to take that trip to Cabo. I was thinking like that would be a really like instead of the wedding, like maybe maybe like you could propose when we go to Cabo and like everyone will be there, but it won't be like stressful and like wait, hold on.
Speaker 6: Well where is that coming from. We already already got things in motion about proposing at your wedding, right, so.
Speaker 4: You know my god, you know Tommy, like mom is like so uptight and like so crazy, yeah, oh insane, Like I was talking about it and she like blew her lids, like was like, and you know how I have to live with this woman for like the rest of ever.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, Britty bird. Okay, best friend, I gotta stop you there because I don't like where I don't like where this is going. I don't like the vibe. But it's not you, I hear you. It's mom in law soon to be. I get it, however, and I.
Speaker 4: Love you like you know, I love you. I support you, like one hundred percent, super stoked about this. I think it's such a great thing for you. But I just great.
Speaker 6: It is great because I told Michelle's parents that I was going to do it at your wedding and they were going to be there. So I don't think tabo's gonna work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't have We don't. That's like not we didn't plan for that for like our guess with some stuff like you.
Speaker 6: No, no brit breat Just close your eyes and picture reception. Everything's going great. Yay. Was getting married okay, and then I proposed to Michelle. It goes great, she says, Yes, everyone's happy. We walk outside of the reception, not to take away from you, but just me and her walk us out the reception and her family is going to be there to you know, take that in and be super excited for us, you know, what I mean, what the hell did you say? Did you say awkward? You said that was awkward?
Speaker 5: It was a sound effect that we played on our radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Because you're on it right now, Bro.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about. I'm on a radio show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is our show. You've actually been on it this entire time. We're doing something called an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, awkward Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I don't know any of you. So, Brittany, what the hell is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Brittany, maybe you need to come clean.
Speaker 4: Okay. I am so sorry. When we were out celebrating the wedding and whatever and then you like pitch this idea to me, I was just focused on like being so excited for you and Michelle that I was like flipped. But I think you misread that as me saying, yes, you can do it at the wedding.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, No, I definitely thought that was yes, I can do it at the wedding, and that's understandable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 6: Right, if I can be completely just kind of open and transparent, all right. So things kind of aren't going the best between Michelle and I right now.
Speaker 5: Your girlfriend. Your girlfriend's Michelle. Are we understanding that right?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, yes, And you want to propose to her?
Speaker 6: Just hear me out, please, Yes, I still do, but we're kind of of not staying together right now. So I thought the best thing to just kind of reinvigorate what we have is to propose at your wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh you're gonna get denied in front of everyone at her wedding.
Speaker 5: Oh, rather, everybody knows you just gotta have a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like you need to work on some things with Michelle before you move on to marriage proposal.
Speaker 2: There should be like a sure thing.
Speaker 6: It is a sure thing.
Speaker 2: It is a sure thing.
Speaker 1: Are you hearing Brittany though? And what Brittany's concerns are?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Uh no, not really?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, that's a little selfish.
Speaker 2: So that being said, are we all good now? Brittany? You feel like you're in a better place. What even happened?
Speaker 4: Like now, it's like, what is this gonna be some sort of reality show in the parking lot of my.
Speaker 1: Weddingscle sounds like such a good idea, Dylian.
Speaker 5: So there, but then it has to buy plane tickets for her parents, sticabo.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be.
Speaker 1: I don't know that the parents need to be there in the end.
Speaker 5: This is really it's Britney's wedding day. It's going to be Britney's decision on whether or not Dylan can pop the question there or not. So Brittany, really it's your choice.
Speaker 4: I'm saying now at this point, I'm no.
Speaker 7: You already said yes, like I invited her family, but now I feel like I don't need your permission and I I just might pop the question, hey during the wedding, get her approval.
Speaker 6: She already has said yes, no saying no.
Speaker 4: Wedding.
Speaker 1: What just happened, Dylan, You're gonna get yourself uninvited to your best friend's wedding.
Speaker 6: Okay, so hear me out. Maybe just maybe I'm a tad bit emotional right now and I'm just in a vulnerable place right now.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that makes sense. Yeah, I bet Brittany would be a great person to get other ideas from on how to propose.
Speaker 4: Pray, get some ideas from me about how to talk to Michelle and get her on your good side.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that could be a good idea and I should have told you earlier. But yes, she's not talking to me and she's staying out her parents and.
Speaker 2: Okay, well.
Speaker 1: Were like, yeah, nobody was going to be in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is even going to be at the wedding.
Speaker 5: It sounds like, but okay, dude, I know you want to get married, but you really have to get used to the idea of women saying yes but meaning no.
Speaker 6: I see what.
Speaker 2: Brook, You're on board with that.
Speaker 1: Right, didn't really fully understand your statement.
Speaker 5: That's a yes and reading between what she's saying and she is one hundred pree. Anyway, that's your awkward Thursday phone call, Brittany.
Speaker 2: Stay in touch and let us know how your wedding goes.
Speaker 4: Okay, I well, guys, thanks for your having rookie.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Safe to say, the first awkward Thursday phone call did not disappoint.
Speaker 4: It was awkward.
Speaker 1: Sure, Why do I like to open to it better than the regular one? Honestly, it's but it feels like we have more luck on Tuesdays. How do you know we've never tried this before?
Speaker 2: What we have one.
Speaker 5: Time and it failed, So the zero percent success rate Tuesday's.
Speaker 6: Got at least.
Speaker 5: We made some progress there, And just an observation, it is interesting that Brittany was talking a lot at the beginning of the call, but by the end she was hardly saying anything, because it's like, what do you say when your friend basically is suggesting that his whole relationship basically hinges on him proposing at your wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that made it so much worse.
Speaker 1: That always works, well, man, Desperate wedding proposals are always successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how your parents met, right. I get that they're both in a tough position.
Speaker 5: I just hope they get it resolved quickly, because that's not something that should be on Britney's mind in the lead up to her nuptials.
Speaker 2: No, not somebody else's wedding. No, what she should thinking about is Nacho Bar. Hello.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to put an.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody's happy with Nacho Bar, but would pretty slat.
Speaker 5: But in the spirit of weddings, I'm gonna pop a little question to our listeners right now. I want to know, will you make us the happiest morning show on earth and subscribe to our podcast?
Speaker 2: Ah, he's on his knee.
Speaker 1: That's sweet.
Speaker 2: Are you saying yes? Get that subscribe button. We love you,