Speaker 1: It's nine O Gene onegin with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Hello, omg ears, welcome back to another episode.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: We are so close to the end you guys of season six.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, do you say it's your birthday?
Speaker 1: No, it's not my birthday. It's my birthday two?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: It's birthday one.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. The season finale. It's a two parter now, Jen, do you remember when it originally aired? Was it back to back they aired it or did they separate it into different weeks.
Speaker 2: I did watch the show.
Speaker 4: I don't know the lemon say it was definitely back to back just because of the watched it.
Speaker 1: Can I say something that was really good? By the way, A little peeved about what we're starting off the episode with being peeved? Cod tell me how you feel about this?
Speaker 2: Positively peeve us right now? Go see.
Speaker 4: I don't care about the Googoo doll in this episode enough to not have it on streaming.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Right known in nineteen ninety six that they're but.
Speaker 1: They know now just cut the Google dolls out and put it on.
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying that you had it.
Speaker 1: You couldn't find it on Paramount Plus, so annoyed.
Speaker 4: And I had to watch it on like a tiny, tiny, little old tiny DVD player and it's kind of grainy, it's not great.
Speaker 2: We got it on a phone each tweek, Welcome from My Life.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, okay, like okay, the Goo Goo Dolls are coming. At least get me like slide or like that song from that Angel movie.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I know Jenny has a special thing, but she's special.
Speaker 3: I know I have one too, from Darren Martin, and of course it's lost somewhere in my closet.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Do you think maybe back then they did know enough to put something in writing with people's contracts that inevitably, no matter what, it just couldn't be aired.
Speaker 1: They never didn't even think of it all what streaming was. They didn't even know.
Speaker 4: That's why it's on the DVD, right, So they obviously put something in we're gonna put you on.
Speaker 2: And just cut out all musical acts.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, yeah, it's something to do with their musical act deals. Yeah, I'm setting this is my point.
Speaker 4: I don't think the goo Goo Dolls bring enough to the episode to not have a very very popular but guess what, Slide their hit.
Speaker 1: This is pre popular.
Speaker 4: That is so what I'm telling you. When we're watching it now, we're like, oh the Goo Goo Dolls. They were not that famous then because their big hit was in nineteen ninety eight. That was Slide, you know, like Maget how it goes, but like and slide, you.
Speaker 1: Know like that.
Speaker 4: And then remember they had that huge song in that Nicholas Cage Meg Ryan movie.
Speaker 2: Oh what was that one?
Speaker 4: It's about an angel or something that's after this god where she died.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course you do, Jenny, of course you remember. I don't remember, No she does.
Speaker 4: It's no you do.
Speaker 2: It was a massive Oh she'll know the song. She's excellent. And name that tune?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sing a little bit of it for me.
Speaker 2: You got this.
Speaker 4: The movie was called City of Angels.
Speaker 1: Okay, sing a little.
Speaker 2: Name that tune. She's excellent.
Speaker 4: Go go, I give up forever to touch you that thing.
Speaker 1: No, I know what you're talking about now.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And that was that was good? Or was that iris nineteen ninety eight? So this is nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Six, very interesting calling here.
Speaker 2: In five and.
Speaker 3: They could have just cut them right, because that's thank you point. They didn't have cut a power five thousand, like they're right, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's not That's why.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, wouldn't the episode have been just as good if you clipped the Goo Goo Dolls?
Speaker 2: Sure? Because I fast forward through it.
Speaker 4: So just clip and get it up on streaming. Anyway, Well, the group brought the.
Speaker 1: Girls in, the in the guys. The group all had a good time watching the Goo Goo Dolls, and I think that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: And this, oh my gosh, they are not disappointing with the season finale.
Speaker 2: Here the two part part one.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a two part of you guys, we're only going to talk about, yeah, the first part today, which we are having a hard time figuring out where the first part ended.
Speaker 3: I'm not going I should leave them on a cliffhanger, which I feel like maybe it didn't.
Speaker 1: I just stopped it after the Goo Goo Dolls. I was like, it's not you were so peeved. Well, I was just like, this isn't.
Speaker 4: Slide and this isn't iris.
Speaker 2: So this is pre like goo goo dolls, blurdermen out. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. I was like, wait, wait, do we want to remind everybody what we're talking about?
Speaker 2: Absolutely Steve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they couldn't watch it because it go on streaming, but sure.
Speaker 1: Season six, episode thirty one, You guys, you say It's your Birthday? Aired May twenty second, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Synopsis.
Speaker 3: All aboard the Queen Mary for Steve's big bash, but Prince Carl has another little surprise for the birthday boy Colin. Colin is still on the loose and headed to South America, but Valerie recruits help from her old bal Jonesy. Meanwhile, Eric Budman is making moves while David and Donner are busy bonding. Dylan writes a birthday message for Steve, but Dylan being with Brenda in London and Kelly's cup of tea. Andrea pops in for the finale, and Susan suddenly chooses career over love.
Speaker 1: Directed by Michael Lang, Written by Larry Mullen and Steve Wasserman. We have so many guest stars in this episode, you guys. Oh, it was.
Speaker 2: Like to talk about there were so many like famous people coming in and out.
Speaker 1: I loved it. It was quickly say one thing to you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most shows right now do thirteen episodes for their season. Y'all did thirty one, so you're doing almost three times what, like you know a show on.
Speaker 1: Television now does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got a lot of bang for their butt for what they paid, so bananas.
Speaker 1: They figure we were young enough to handle it.
Speaker 3: I think, like we've been in seasons, dumb enough to say yes, right, oh, yes, exactly where do we begin?
Speaker 2: Okay, well we have beginning.
Speaker 1: We have to start by knowing that this episode was shot on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, which was really fun for everybody.
Speaker 4: You guys all like I remember going to l A when like on spring break and my dad being like, what go to the Queen Mary?
Speaker 1: Like, had you guys been there before?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I hadn't.
Speaker 2: I had never been there. No, And I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't really never ever need to go back.
Speaker 2: I've been back. I've teen the kids.
Speaker 4: It's a little haunted, is did they say?
Speaker 1: That's what they say? That's what they say.
Speaker 3: Oh, so I'll wait till we get there. I have a story about it being haunted.
Speaker 1: Okay, we were there. Let's start with storyline number one. Then Jonesy sends an FBA a hot FBI agent. Help that callery with his fine colon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as Andrea calls him a babe.
Speaker 4: Jones gets credit for being in the episode, but it's just his voice on the voicemail.
Speaker 2: Because he's a big star.
Speaker 1: He shows up invoice, he.
Speaker 3: Might, Oh, you're right. But remember we were like, why isn't she called Jonesy? Well, she finally calls.
Speaker 4: Does anybody think about cole Houser every time they think of Jonesy?
Speaker 1: Because I do? Why would you?
Speaker 3: Because it's his dad, because he stole your money, that's my money, I RLD money.
Speaker 4: Jonesy is Holhauser's iget things.
Speaker 1: We already talked.
Speaker 4: We've gone over that, but it's fine. I'm here to read you guys.
Speaker 1: That's so weird you're saying. I was just doing a shoot the other day in a house that we booked on I don't know whatever that pera and the we went in and there's a giant cut out of col Houser stareing me. Did you take a pic of this woman's dining room?
Speaker 2: Did you say give me him my money?
Speaker 1: No? I just turned around. I was like, wait, I'm staring at me.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Like you went to an Airbnb and the woman had a cutout of Cole Houser from Yellowstone?
Speaker 1: You are correct?
Speaker 3: Do you think she was like a fan? Do you think she worked on the show? Do you think she's like married to him?
Speaker 1: Or if it's Yellowstone, that wasn't his house? For sure?
Speaker 2: Are you sure? I'm sure he had a cutout of himself. Would you be shocked?
Speaker 1: I would not be shocked because I know other actors who do so. Were you in Yellowstone? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I I was in Glendale, California.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's oh. I can't believe you didn't ask.
Speaker 1: No, Well, she wasn't. Did you pose it with it? No? I just simply turned it around while I was.
Speaker 2: Sing For one. I'm disappointed you didn't send me a picture.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to damage it.
Speaker 2: Picking his nose or something.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is, I've already taken life a picture, the life size cut out of him that I saw in Texas, So I was like, I can't do that again.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair to Jones. I'm glad she called jonesy. Now I think that we had They had briefly mentioned Jones before, and they thought it was going to be too expensive.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Jonesy owns her a comp because he got millions from Dylan, so it's like all right. And he said to make handsome makes sense, handsome suit wearing fella.
Speaker 2: Oh but Jen, I wanted to ask, yes, yes, who is he? Easy?
Speaker 1: Doesn't he didn't he go on to have his own show like he's a star of something. I didn't even recognize him. I didn't see his name on our list here.
Speaker 2: I was playing soap opera. But Jen thinks he was like on a like a primetime series.
Speaker 1: He didn't look familiar to me.
Speaker 2: What's name? He looks so familiar?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 3: And if Jen recognizes him with somebody, Oh my god, you guys John Hensley?
Speaker 1: Who's John Hensley?
Speaker 2: I don't know he's a brigstar? He is? Was he married to Terry Hatcher? Wait?
Speaker 4: No, that's John. That's a different John.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was a soap guy.
Speaker 4: He's a soap guy, I said, so, Jenny.
Speaker 1: I was sure he was something else.
Speaker 3: Handsome as John Tenney was Terry Hatcher's bingo.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you think him and Val are gonna get together?
Speaker 2: I want him to I don't.
Speaker 1: It feels weird.
Speaker 4: He's so professional and I feel like he's being nice.
Speaker 2: Did you see the movie The Bodyguard with Whitney Houston? Yeah, my god, this is it. That was a good point release make a good.
Speaker 1: But I think Vals two mess up for them this whole tan experience.
Speaker 2: Did you like the tan that she and Donna had?
Speaker 1: And I was so tanned. Teeth were like Chandler's and that Friend's episode.
Speaker 3: It was like it was the grandma from something about Mary.
Speaker 1: It was talk to me, how do you get that tan?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was jarring you did you go to the beach.
Speaker 2: Pool? It was like a spray tan? So that's the tan.
Speaker 3: As you could see, it kind of slowly went away by the episode as it progressed.
Speaker 2: It was heightened in the beginning.
Speaker 3: And to this day, Brian still harshes on me about that that he said I was.
Speaker 2: He did in the moment say I was at balloo, but what was going on the off It was a spray tan. It was like she.
Speaker 1: Wanted kind yeah.
Speaker 4: The coloring and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tanning beds and then they went to spray tans and totally in that first scene and that purple top that she wore for many scenes. You didn't think Valerie was equally as tan Nope? Or is mine more jarring because I was platinum?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was because of your hair and your.
Speaker 4: So was the Friend's episode when Ross goes to the tanning booth and it's just like.
Speaker 2: Tour Wait, Jena and I have a story about this. We do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when we did bag nine on two Ande L and we were in Vancouver, we got a spray tan multiple times.
Speaker 1: But when it was very good, no, no, we went to that place.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: But one time they couldn't come to us, but they're like, hey, there's another place that we hadn't tried.
Speaker 2: You can go to this place, And so Jen and.
Speaker 3: I went and it was like you literally walked in and like it was the old school ones that.
Speaker 2: Like smiss you, future shoots out at you. And I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 3: I feel like when we walked out, we weren't totally upset then right or immediately it was a lot.
Speaker 1: It sort of deepened.
Speaker 3: So by the morning, like sleep in it, they say. And the next morning we both saw each other and we're like, wow, it's getting really dark. Jen's was a little bit darker than min like orange, and then it was wild pants.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 3: By the time we got in our car to drive to set together, by the time she got to hair and makeup, it was like double that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that scene. I'll never forget that scene with Blobby of the convention where yeah, I look like Chandler also in that.
Speaker 2: Scene, and it didn't end. It kept going.
Speaker 3: I think you had to scrub it off that night, right, and they kept applying makeup over her and it just kept darkening through the makeup throughout that day was bad.
Speaker 1: You guys have to watch it. Oh my god. Okay, so more than life. But that tan was banana, okay, yeah, thank you. It was not okay.
Speaker 3: I wish makeup had been like you know what, We're gonna have to take this down, like this isn't okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 4: People need to watch the episode just to see what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Like, don't even put it.
Speaker 4: Don't even put a photo, don't even put it on social make them go, make them go watch.
Speaker 2: It on their DVD. Can't are you not?
Speaker 1: What about when Colin Colin is at a strip club? Oh my god, why do guys? Obviously written by men. There's something that bugs me about when shows go to strip clubs. So he's on the lamb, isn't that what they say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's going to he's literally running from the police, maybe the Feds.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what.
Speaker 4: And he's sitting there with no issue in a strip club with a lady like did you see the lady like.
Speaker 1: Puts the thing on him. I'm just like, what is happening.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because I was just before I watched this two nights ago, talking to my male street friend about strip clubs and I was like, and he's like, I'm been to a strip club in like fifteen twenty years, And I was like yeah. I was like, I don't think with the young crowds, strip clubs are even a thing anymore, are they?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you sure about that? Why? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Online now, why would you like, why would you in person and see them do less?
Speaker 4: You know, go in Vegas all the time. And I just learned of the I can't even this is a family show. I just learned of something in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: That I've been there. Wait, no, huh, has me shook?
Speaker 4: It's so crazy, like people do wild things.
Speaker 3: What are the famous brothers that Mitchell brothers, The Mitchell brothers. I've been when I was dating Vincent Young No. One nine O two oo, we went to San Francisco for my birthday with friends. It wasn't just us, and everyone's like, oh, this is something you have to do.
Speaker 2: It's fun. And we went to that show.
Speaker 1: That's not shocking to me.
Speaker 4: That is a whole if you want to do a down a rabbit hole, deep dive wild story.
Speaker 1: The Mitchell brothers.
Speaker 2: Weren't they connected to Charlie Sheen or something?
Speaker 4: Charlie Sheen, Well, no, they're not connected. But Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez laid the Mitchell brothers in the movie about the Mitchell brother's life.
Speaker 2: I could tell you a little wild.
Speaker 4: Crazy stuff because their kids.
Speaker 2: Like, literally, there's kids watching the show.
Speaker 1: No, they're kids.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: No, their kids grew up in our town.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: One set and on the other brother once dead. Oh see, I didn't watch the lifetime.
Speaker 4: I think they might both be but one murdered the other brother rated X Yeah, okay, we are going downside.
Speaker 2: I just remember we didn't even do everything we did.
Speaker 3: Like the most basic thing all a carte on the menu, which you have like a little.
Speaker 2: Table, like a long table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a woman comes and lays on it, so you have your own like she's doing her own show for you. But you're literally just sitting there like I don't know, I could be eating it like Benny Hanner or something.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I won't do that again.
Speaker 4: But a famous movie that was film there is called Behind the Green Door.
Speaker 2: Yes, that one.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to be a Mitchell Brothers expert, but they there's one of the Mitchell Brothers kids grew up with us, wonderful kids.
Speaker 2: Wild but yeah.
Speaker 3: In the late nineties early two thousands, strip clubs were like really big and not just for men, like no girl, like we used to go like all our friends. It was like, oh, you want to go get a drink and you'd go to like a strip club just to be like, hey cool, could I be sitting There'd been like yay.
Speaker 2: You're so katy.
Speaker 1: I love your costume, like so fun. I've been in Vegas and it's a pass for me. It's a pass. Yeah. Nowadays, now, I mean, how did we get on the park? Everybody continued.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he caused his sugar mama though, and gets some money. I mean, and that's how they end up tracking him, right, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you tell the Jonesy's FBI A me. Yeah that hey, try this lady. And I think you also suggested the other guy that bought the art.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no the d Yeah, that's how they find him, is the patron that you Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then you said, hey this lady, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: Wait, I have a dumb geography question that I don't know the answer. Was that not the Golden Cap bridge in the opening?
Speaker 1: No, it's like, what was that? It's like in Long Via. Oh yeah, oh that's the bridge you guys. Oh my gosh, that is the bridge that I was driving when I was like sixteen and had my mom in the passenger seat my dad in the back seat, and we were going over this bridge and we were so excited because we've never been over a bridge like that, and and the all of a sudden, I don't know what happened, but my car did a three sixty at on the bridge.
Speaker 2: Did your tire blow out? What happened?
Speaker 1: I don't know how that happened. Maybe I wasn't driving I don't know, but I was driving. I know that it was like time stood still. Everybody was completely silent in the car, all three of us, and all of a sudden we did a spin and we ended up going the same direction we were going.
Speaker 2: And then you kept on going and we kept.
Speaker 1: On going, and everybody was like, faith, what just happened?
Speaker 2: Oh? Poor Mimi?
Speaker 1: Wow that bread? Yeah, poor me? Me and Pappy? Uh AnyWho? Okay, So that's the that's the they're looking for, colon being married their whole they were Memi and Pappy. They always stayed married, right, Wow, that did great? Nice sidebar cuties. Also, Valerie tells Brandon that Dylan is in London and starts to gloat, of course that Brendan and Dylan are together. I knew it.
Speaker 4: By the way I remember this, and we learn more about it, I think, I think we get more on that.
Speaker 1: But yes, they did did briefly get back together in the in the story timeline of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a thousand percent, he's where she lives or something. Yeah, he's staying there.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's just staying in her place. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it gets addressed later like that there. I think when he comes back I don't remember.
Speaker 1: But yes they did say in the in our show notes that the showrunners asked mister Spelling if they could approach Hannon to shoot a birthday message for Steve from Brenda in lieu of having her return fully for the episode, but Spelling turned them down. Yeah that makes sense. I don't think he was happy at that time?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: When did he? When did?
Speaker 2: When did the next show start? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got happy by Charmed? When did Charmed premiere? Let's see they.
Speaker 1: Must have hadn't had their come together moment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because time checks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also the Who.
Speaker 4: Just like the goo goo dolls, all things from this episode in ninety eight.
Speaker 2: No, if we had just waited two more years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it would have been no problemo AnyWho. Okay, So storyline number two, Prince Carl Hi throws a gajillion dollar birthday bash for Steve on the Queen Mary. Literally got a price.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, let's let's break this down. You guys, how much time nineteen ninety six? How much do you think it will rent out the Queen Mary.
Speaker 4: Twenty thousand just for the venue, That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the party was a fifty thousand dollars party back then, which would be double two hundred grand now, oh my god, I think it's a quadruple now, but I don't here what pretty. I think this because iHeart rented out the Queen Mary okay, back then for JoJo's like Halloween extravaganza or something Jos that know Jojo from Kiss FM. If we did it, it wasn't that expensive.
Speaker 1: Like we are. We don't crazy things. You guys do crazy.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, I feel like you guys probably did it on a weekday, correct.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: We definitely did it on the way like the cheap way.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like this was a weekend because the polo match wouldn't It was probably on a weekend as well, on a Sunday, right, Okay, So it's I will.
Speaker 4: Bet money that the Queen Mary gave it to you all, meaning nine to two one oh for free, because they.
Speaker 2: Go, why would you even bet money so much?
Speaker 1: Press?
Speaker 2: That's called the tradeout? Hello, oh, one thousand percent?
Speaker 3: And they gave us all rooms to stay jen were there two nights for one night?
Speaker 1: Gosh, I only say for one night, but I think so you guys stayed on the boat. When you were making this episode.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 3: They didn't really give us an option, right, I don't remember being asked, Like nowadays, it's like it's not that bar, like you could just drive to set and come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're cute, they're dark, they're a little dark, but would very well, yeah it would would dark, haunted, but beautiful but beautiful. So yeah, this is a party. I don't really get why he's throwing this party for Steve because he's just trying to get to Claire. But does that make sense to anybody? No, because I feel like there's well because he wants to spend more time with Claire because.
Speaker 3: He thought there's no way Steve can say no, look what I just did for him. I mean any other time or any other.
Speaker 2: Way, Claire would have said.
Speaker 4: The only way he's the only way he can get to spend so much time with Claire to worm his way in because by the way.
Speaker 1: She looked so beautiful in this episode, Like Beyond, I didn't watch it. I think I watched it past the half wave mark bang where she's so beautiful.
Speaker 4: That's fine, she's beautiful, but the bangs at the polo match are hairy, strange.
Speaker 2: This one. I thought she looked angelic. In this episode.
Speaker 1: Everybody was wearing like, oh, business people outfits, like.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think they were doing that. I thought long and hard about that, Jenny. I think you all had seen Pretty Woman when she goes to the polo match and she's wearing that beautiful brown dress and the hat, and you guys were like, hey, we need to wear like business casual when you go to a polo match.
Speaker 1: Well you did. Do you want to come out before this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was at ninety two ninety three.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you that I thought about it because you kind of had that look to you.
Speaker 1: Ninety that's what you wear to a polo match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pretty Woman might have even been eighty nine.
Speaker 2: I think you're correct.
Speaker 3: Except Steve Sanders was dressed like Leonardo.
Speaker 2: DiCaprio in Titanic.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but I know wasn't mad because he was wearing suspenders.
Speaker 4: But he makes a man suspenders or were they built into the shirt?
Speaker 1: I couldn't figure that out. They suspenders, Yeah, I go, they didn't build.
Speaker 4: Can I go on a limb here and say that Travis Kelcey, in my opinion, models some of his look and vibe after Steve's what No, you may not go.
Speaker 1: You guys, look at.
Speaker 4: Do a deep dive on Travis Kelcey sort of football.
Speaker 2: Out about guys. Why would anyone do that?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you deliberate. Well, I've seen Travis Kelsey in a red double denim. I've seen him in a suit. You should see the suit he was wearing this like in the recent you know, when he won the thing. It's a suit, a beautiful suit, but it has like stripes on the leg and stripes on the sleep. I'm like, this is very Steve Sanders reminiscent for me.
Speaker 2: My gosh, I'm going to do a deep dive.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Something to what I'm saying, you do not do any Why are.
Speaker 1: You inviting this? Eric Budman everywhere?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Well okay, why can't you say no? Well hello? But life art?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so connected. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I do feel like, if we go back to the beginning, that she doesn't think he's coming on to her because iously watched it and didn't think and maybe I'm naive.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't think he was either, but Das kind of.
Speaker 3: Felt it he knew or is he just secretly, a little jealous always and like Donna Radar when any dude's around.
Speaker 2: I don't know because I.
Speaker 3: Didn't really get that vibe. I was like I did not with dolls. He's in the music industry. He wants to get in like with them.
Speaker 2: That's all I.
Speaker 1: Agree with you. Yeah, sorry, Jenny, go ahead. I thought this was desperado though. He's going after If Donna turns him down, he's on to Kelly. Kelly turns him down, he's on to somebody else.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about the meat eat grossness of him because he's like the record label boss and he's your boss, doesn't he?
Speaker 1: And then better to do with his time than hang out people he does not know? Well?
Speaker 4: Also, how about how gross he is picking up on his employee aggressive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, should Donna have called hr?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And then he just stwitches and then he just switches to Kelly.
Speaker 1: He'll take he just switches, and it's like, oh God, this guy's so gross.
Speaker 3: You know what I gotta say though on this Eric Budman, great name, by the way, not uh journey.
Speaker 2: I love the callback twice to Champagne and Donna like.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I agree.
Speaker 3: Like, by the way, she hates Champagne, and then she's like, my record was Champagne not so good. I was like, oh my god, that's great. Yeah, I agree, that was a great callback.
Speaker 1: And then he goes me either and then he pours it.
Speaker 3: But I gotta say, if she didn't, if she didn't want this guy first of all, inviting him to the friend's dinner, I thought I didn't get it until we got there and I was like, wait, it's.
Speaker 2: Super it's so weird, weird.
Speaker 3: But then at the venue during Steve's party, the way she's dancing with him, I agree with her part like it doesn't why not? I agree gyrating on him. And then she's to David, She's like.
Speaker 2: Oh thank god, I didn't know what to do with him.
Speaker 3: It's like, well you were just like yeah, I mean that's call out.
Speaker 4: She's giving so many mixed signals. And then it's even weirder when David's like, it's getting late, we should go to bed, and you're like, okay, yeah, you go to bed. I'll stay with him. I'm like, what the hat?
Speaker 2: He's like, okay, you know what.
Speaker 3: Maybe she's like taking back her own like taking the reins back, and she's like, no, no, no, I don't need a man to save me. I can jump in here and save myself. And then she tells him she's a virgin, and he's like, see a pal.
Speaker 1: And Joan and Nat are there, you guys. But Joan's feeling seasick even though the boat is not at sea.
Speaker 3: You guys, I want to go out on a limb, but I feel odd saying this.
Speaker 2: Is she pressure?
Speaker 4: I know that's what I thought too.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's that that's the same thing time. I didn't want to age her.
Speaker 4: Wait, you don't know, Amy, I can't remember, but I thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: That was what I thought to what if not?
Speaker 3: Everything's pointing towards that. Yeah, yeah, be happy for Nat.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You'd have to chase that kid around. He's too old for that.
Speaker 3: Oh, we just got what's happens the same?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt the same way. So either we knew it or we.
Speaker 2: Ji is how to do that? Or is it like Sex and the City.
Speaker 4: They could be in their forties, Like they're in their forties and we're just aging them up.
Speaker 1: You think that Thesuccio is in his forties.
Speaker 2: No, she didn't say him, but they go way back, but always.
Speaker 1: I think if you all are twenty.
Speaker 2: She's younger than him. For sure.
Speaker 1: If you all are twenty, she could be forty five.
Speaker 4: Oh really yeah, fifty I think Kellye Barry had a baby at fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, things can happen.
Speaker 2: Oh one hundred percent. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: I'm and wait, did you guys know this fun fact that I feel like the first like a year after you go into menopause.
Speaker 2: What is that? Is that Perry or No?
Speaker 1: No, that's menopause.
Speaker 2: The year before is called Perry Perry's okay, So after you've can secularly been in menopause for one year, you can be ferral again, and you have to be careful not to get pregnant.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe that a parent story.
Speaker 2: Two friends, what don't look at me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go on a limb and say inaccurate, you know what things.
Speaker 1: I don't know everything about this, but that sounds when you got our eggs are got gone. And that's correct.
Speaker 3: When you go a year, that's when you're officiallyause.
Speaker 2: Can you be fertile again?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, she's asking, Siri, God, what do you mean that bitch knows every story.
Speaker 4: The whole point is I think the answer is a definitive.
Speaker 1: No, because.
Speaker 2: Two friends, we hold the.
Speaker 1: Good who's giving Tory her intel? Tori, Wow, so this is the who.
Speaker 4: When you're in perry menopause, you could still get pregnant. But when you've gone one year, I actually congratulations to me and one year today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a period.
Speaker 4: Cake yes and I yes. So that means new. So now I enjoy the hot flashes, continuing.
Speaker 3: You're correct, eyes looked it up. A person may become naturally pregnant during peri menopause, You're right, but the chance and with ivf thoughause.
Speaker 2: So we're saying I think you could still carry.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just remembered. I dreamt you were pregnant last night.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god, I dreamt you were pregnant. But it was wild.
Speaker 3: Fiona was little, she was like baby Fiona and she was reaching up at your tummy. But it was your current house now outside right in the front.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. That's good. That's a good dream. Maybe I'll have a baby.
Speaker 2: It made me really happy.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about Susan's job offer.
Speaker 2: You guys, not really but sure.
Speaker 1: Because I think that means she's going to be leaving. She took the job, she gets a job on the campaign. Do they say whose campaign? It's ninety six campaigns, but is it Clinton's or Doles? Because I say it's pretty They're.
Speaker 3: Very vague about it because they don't want to say like politician.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do we feel she's a Democrat or a Republican?
Speaker 1: And is she going to be on the wedding?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like she's on Clinton's campaign? Oh he does, Oh my gosh, and is and her husband?
Speaker 3: So if she had worn a blue suit one day, it could have been her instead.
Speaker 1: That is a good call, Lorraine. Uh, yeah, she's out.
Speaker 4: And this is why it's so like kind of uh because she didn't let Brandon take the job because of their trip, and then she gets the job away.
Speaker 1: She didn't let Brandon take the job. She would have at him, Yeah, but she was really guilty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so he's like, I turned it down for you, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Then she assures him that she's not going to take the job. Member on the polo match later.
Speaker 4: And I knew she would at that polo.
Speaker 3: Match, you like, I mean you got to take the job. You guys take twenty one. It's like, I wonder he's to understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder how he's going to take it in the in the second episode, because I haven't feeling you've just done so.
Speaker 2: So you guys, we as you will as well. Have to watch this on a DVD.
Speaker 3: And but oh I watched it because someone sent it to me on a drop box.
Speaker 2: So it was like, I wasn't sure where.
Speaker 3: The ending nobody be Okay, so I'm not the only one. But it definitely wasn't like cliffhanger, because there were many kind of cliffhangers, so it was like, we're not really sure.
Speaker 4: So I'm convinced it all aired in one night.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, said oh, okay, good, well, welcome to here.
Speaker 1: I am mm hmmm, well we'll see what happens with that. Also happening at the same time is what we talked about before about David pushing Eric Budman away from Donna. As he gets closer, he keeps coming and saving the day, saving the day, saving the day. I see him interested, but hi, this is the very next episode after she broke up with the love of her life, Joe and now she's.
Speaker 2: Completely I think she ever said he was the love of her life.
Speaker 1: She loved him into him, you did say you loved him, but and then there's no talk of him, and there's no she's not sad anymore at all. Like you're just moving right on, y'all. Rebound.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like that's what youth does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well not always, no, I don't know, it's yeah, And remember I was like, this is it, and you guys are like, we think this is it for Joe Gone.
Speaker 4: The young dude bounce back quicker than like menopausal ladies in.
Speaker 2: All ways shapes and forms.
Speaker 1: At the birthday party, Donna reads the letter from Dylan. Yeah, she was awkward.
Speaker 4: And Jim and Cindy showed up in the video for the briefest of moments, but they probably got paid to take out a dollar.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I was like, oh, so excited when I saw them, But I was like, it's Jim and Cindy, Like, if.
Speaker 3: You're gonna pay for Andrea to come there, Like I feel like Jim and Cindy should have been like, you're like a second son, and.
Speaker 2: We flew in from where they Tokyo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was happy to see Andrea.
Speaker 2: I think you're paying them, so they might as well be like more in the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on second, under utilizing her return.
Speaker 2: Yes, as they always do.
Speaker 4: She barely gets any lines other than just like yes, hey, yay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's helping like propel other storylines, like tell me what's going on Kelly. It's like, what do you mean? You guys are still best friends? Like, you don't know what's going on in her life. It's just like a way to recap what's.
Speaker 2: Gone on in your last year.
Speaker 1: They didn't have Instagram, so they probably didn't know what was going on in each other's life.
Speaker 3: You don't think they used the telephone.
Speaker 1: And peerspace or something. No, the one back then.
Speaker 2: Was that around my friends. No, it's gone. It was No, it wasn't around those days in my life.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh, but it seems to know nothing and nobody knows anything about her, so I swear kind of she's like gone off and having a baby and having her life like not. Steve calls her Andrea. I swear at the.
Speaker 2: Party, I had to rewind it. As he walks, he goes.
Speaker 3: Andrea, and then when he's there with her, and introduced her to Carl, who already met her. He says, Andrea, yea, no one caught this. Are you a kidding into a series that's funny movies?
Speaker 1: A little? He did get the photos of Hannah which.
Speaker 2: Was drinking that what in real life? Yeah what?
Speaker 1: I don't remember you shooting that scene.
Speaker 3: When we were doing outdoors Queen Mary at night they I feel like, Karen makeup when like brought us and I remember sitting with you and Tiffany and Kathleen and we were in like one of the holding rooms, like one of the staterooms, waiting, and I feel like our makeup and hair went and like but we were old enough.
Speaker 2: We're twenty one, right, I don't know, but they would.
Speaker 3: Bring it in for us or have room service bring it so that we could like we had like a sip.
Speaker 2: It was like some fruity like coxtail that was all like and we had we.
Speaker 1: Having like a great time.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, like the boys, they might have been like really like and who knows.
Speaker 4: But do you like when you did something like this back then, was it like extra fun? Like did it feel less like work and more like, hey, we're having sort of a fun time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like Palm Springs where I peed in a bread bowl, Jen, right, but it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like there was a reason why we stayed. I didn't really party or do anything. Did you have a baby?
Speaker 2: I didn't party.
Speaker 1: I to decide I had.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, yeah, go Look, I don't think we literally it wasn't like we were whooping it up. We literally had one like cocktail brought to us and it was some like very fruity thing and we all took it so nice, like.
Speaker 4: So like, would you go to bed or did you all hang out?
Speaker 1: I don't think you're ragers, Jen it we did it nineteen None aired in ninety six, so we must have shot it in ninety early ninety six, like maybe.
Speaker 4: February when did what's the air date?
Speaker 1: It's May twenty second, nineteen tety I.
Speaker 4: Feel like you filmed it in March, rape like you didn't go so pregnant.
Speaker 1: No, because I had the baby in June of nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: I can literally see in my head sitting on a bed and you and Tiffany were sharing just one drink we shared and we had like two SIPs and they were like set and we and Kathleen were sharing one and they were like, okay, you guys first team were like, oh, well that idea went out the window and that's.
Speaker 1: All literally I remember it being finished.
Speaker 3: I hoped it, but my night didn't stop there. So you were a good girl you went to bed. I was not a good girl that night. Jen, Well do you think I've ever told you this?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 3: I in one of those state Oh.
Speaker 2: First, wait for it.
Speaker 3: This Okay, y'all to keep on listening because something good coming before. After we wrapped that night, we were all asking about you had gone to bed about the haunted Queen Mary, and they took us. They said, do you guys want to see a tour where it's the most haunted.
Speaker 2: They took us down and the pool level where the kitchen used to be, but it's like our pool used to be. It's the lower level is where all the activity is.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, and it was great stories they told us.
Speaker 2: But we waited for like an hour.
Speaker 3: And nothing happened, and then I was like, I had some other plans, so I left. But this is my only time in my life that I did this. But someone convinced me to have a threesome on the Queen Mary What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not saying heo, but yeah, what I was young.
Speaker 3: It was the one and only time it's ever happened for me, a threesome.
Speaker 4: You can't tell from Jenny's face if she knew about this or if she's finding out like me.
Speaker 1: No, I did not know about this.
Speaker 2: I don't think I told you this because I was embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Who was it? He was the two girls or two guys? Neither of those girl? One guy?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: So it's two girls and one guy. Oh, you're one of the girls. I'm sorry. Any of the other participants in the cast. Yeah, thank you, Yes, we're both.
Speaker 2: What was the question? I want to phrase it right.
Speaker 1: We're both in the cast. We're all three parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the cast.
Speaker 1: No, on the in the cast of that show, that episode. Good good, Jenny good. On the crew of that episode.
Speaker 2: Connected to the crew, connected to the crew. One.
Speaker 1: This is a lot to take him.
Speaker 2: The boy was an actor, the female was connected to the crew. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what are we gonna do with that?
Speaker 4: Amy, don't there that's it. So many questions in my head and my brain's going. Can you ask that? Can you ask that?
Speaker 3: I didn't expect something like that tip one ever happened.
Speaker 2: Two. I didn't expect it to happen.
Speaker 3: That night after we filmed nine O, two and O and third in this kind of haunts me for my whole life. I didn't expect it to happen on the Queen Mary. Like those rooms they really are archaic.
Speaker 1: They're just said, they're not They're not a good way.
Speaker 3: So like so, like you're having this thing and you're trying to be sexy and you're looking around, You're like, this s ain't sexy.
Speaker 1: No, they're not sexy.
Speaker 4: Then did you go back to work the next day? How did you feel the next day? Where you're like, hey, ask the donuts.
Speaker 2: The boy.
Speaker 3: I was comfortable with the girl, Like I couldn't look her in the eye.
Speaker 1: Do you still know the boy? Yeah? Have you ever told anyone this before?
Speaker 2: You had to think so?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because it was the only time I'd ever been with a girl, and I just I don't know. I think it was just in a threesome and I wasn't that girl. And I know I talk a big game, but I am a little prude when it comes to it in real life.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was it was just something I always like Captain side. I think I might have told Kathleen that makes sense because she was.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to thank you for sharing that with not just Amy and myself, but with all the world.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys, it's a finale and with a finale, so you're welcome.
Speaker 1: I can count on you. Oh my god. And that's a wrap on season six. We'll see you next week for the first episode of season seven.
Speaker 3: And what.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions and yet I don't want to know. This is weird. Oh my gosh. Okay, I'm pretty sure we're gonna wrap up the episode now because Amy's weren't done. I thought that was it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give the episode ten.
Speaker 2: I think we have to rate this. Okay, why don't you rate it?
Speaker 1: I give it a nine. Why don't you rate what you were just telling us about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you rate that? Good question, Jenny, how do you rate that experience story? Well, she already said.
Speaker 1: It wasn't sexy and hot because of the queen two or I was.
Speaker 3: So self conscious. I was trying to please this boy.
Speaker 1: I'm racking my brain trying to think again.
Speaker 2: I was so like trying to feel like I'm cool with this. Of course this is fine, but deep down I was like, oh my god, I haven't even had a drink.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you rate it? I rate the episode in general like a five. Honestly, Jennifer Eve, it wasn't that exciting.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Yeah, I feel like it's pretty good, Okay. I was like, I give it a nine because like, don't give me a letter from Dylan, give me Dylan, and don't give me Andrea and then just like make her dance around like and don't give me Jim and Cindy for like eight seconds, like come on.
Speaker 3: So that's my I was just psyched that they were there at all. Like I was psyched we were out of Beverly Hills in the beach pit. I was psyched we were like on location and it was a fun party I could have seen because Steve playing drunk can be super funny. I wish they had gone further with that. I don't know how he didn't have a hangover in the next day, but based on all of that, I'm gonna give it a nine.
Speaker 4: What this is finale material for the fans. Yes, they are getting somebody else.
Speaker 1: You gotta come up, We gotta come up with something. Wait with part two.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. That note. Everybody, have a great week.