Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to I Do Part two. We're just a few of your hosts here on the podcast is Amy Robock and TJ. Holmes, and today we have a very special guest. You have known her for years, and we actually had to double check the date because.
Speaker 2: We can't believe.
Speaker 1: She made her debut, her television debut on The Girls next Door all the way back in two thousand and five. So yeah, that was twenty years ago. And since then, she's had her own reality shows. She's a realtor. Of course, she is a mom, and like everyone that we've had on this show and present parties included, she's gone through a very public divorce and we're going to talk about it all today and well, we just want Kendra Wilkinson to know that she is in good company and in a very safe, soft place here with us on this podcast, because yes, we've all been through something similar.
Speaker 2: Kendra, Thank you for being here, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: It's so good to be here with you guys. And if there's two people, I trust it to you guys. You guys are as real as it can get. And I'm all about real. I've always been real. That's why I've lasted twenty years in reality TV because people see it in the eyes. They know that I'm real, So you know, real, real me, It's real. Here we go.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I always say that certain folks find each other. You can tell immediately when you find your tribe. And yes, it takes sometimes people going through something and sometimes of public flogging unfortunately, but it is really cool to have you all these things you've gone through and we seem like we've watched you grow up, become an adult, get married, get all these things. Is there some part all these things are so personal? Is there some of it that you think maybe shouldn't be done in the public eye?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean, you know, there's two there's a many different like ways to look at this. There's there's Playboy, there's show business, there's a media attention. There's like so many different ways of looking at what I've done, you know, And a lot of people focus a lot on like, oh you did Playboy, Playboy, Playboy, but no one really focuses and on like what it took to actually shoot a reality TV show and what it does? What it what? How much it takes to shoot a reality TV show? And it took every ounce of my soul. Like that's why they call it sell the soul and the devil. Like I sell, I sold. I sold the god damn devil. And and yeah, there's a price to pay with that. There's a major price to pay with that. I have a lot of regrets when it comes to that. I don't have regrets with Playboy and all that, but I have regrets on like, you know, where things went with show business. So yeah, I mean, you know, there's we made choice. We make choices, and we reap what we sew. It is what it is. But you know, like and I take full responsibility for my choices and my actions and everything like that. But you know, like there was a lot of pressure on me. There was a lot of pressure, like shows called Kendra Kendra Sells, Hollywood, Kendra Kendra on Top Kendra Kendra Kendra. Like you know, like there's a major pressure on my shoulders to entertain and to give the audience what they want and to get you know, and to draw blood and to you know, make people laugh, make people cry, make people you know, relate, you know, And I sold a lot of my soul that way, and you know, you can't get it back. So like, you know, I always thought, like, oh, sharing the realists and the rawest part of me would would would would be the best way to go, you know, with storytelling. And I did that, but you know, it came with consequences. It came with a lot of media attention and you know of a lot of people, you know, not respect, like a lot of hate, a lot of criticizing. So you know, and I can't I'm only one person. I can't take on the world like that. So it definitely hit me hard, what you know, It hit me hard at one point and it and I crumbled and I fell to my knees begging for mercy. And that's you know, and that's that's kind of how things played out, you know, over the course of twenty years.
Speaker 2: And yeah, over the course of twenty years. Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as we said, you started on that show in two thousand and five, if my calculations are correct, because you are still thirty nine years old. You were a teenager when you started in this not just the television business, but this was a highly sexualized, some would say over sexualized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part of.
Speaker 1: Television, not just the magazine. But now you're one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends one of three, I think initially at the time. But you again, you were nineteen. So I hear you saying, I take for responsibility for my actions, I take responsibility for my decisions.
Speaker 2: But you were just a baby. I'm sorry, but you were a baby. How did you get in that position to begin with?
Speaker 3: You know, like I, I was a horrible teenager, Like I was horrible, Like I was a runaway. I sold cocaine at the age of fifteen, Like I was more like a runaway from home. I never really, you know, had a stable life, and so I went looking for the wrong things. I went looking for dark things, I went looking for fun. And and now I'm not saying that everything I did was dark and wrong. I'm saying that, like, you know, it was easy to take that one way ticket to LA into the Playboy mansion, where how vulnerable I was, And you know, I also regret, you know, not, you know, fighting at a young age to go to college. You know, like I felt like I always had to fight for my self and my life in certain ways. So like it, you know, it just kind of I took the easy route. I took an easy road out. But you know, like who has the money to go to college? Like I never had the money to go to college. So like, you know, I mean it's easy for people like me to wander and to you know, wander into the gates of a playboy mansion. So that's what I did. I wandered in there at eighteen years old. And you know, now I'm saying that I can honestly look back and say that I was safer at the Playwood Mansion than I was at fifteen years old dealing drugs.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So in that case, like I was safe. I was in a safe environment. I was healthy, eating salads every day, working out every day, no drugs every day. Like, so I was in a safe environment at the Playwood Mansion. But was I sexualized? Absolutely? Did that cause me problems later in life? Absolutely? So you know, like you know, choices become their consequences for every choice you make.
Speaker 4: How did that have an impact that environment on a Again, you're a teenager. You hadn't been necessarily exposed to healthy relationships at that point in your life, but it puts you on a certain path. Of course, we'll get into your marriage and divorce in a second, But what did that do to you in shape what you thought a relationship was should be and the type of person even you were interested in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, I struggle still to this day with my relationships and my my views on sex, and I kind of, you know, I had to go through a lot of therapy, like and you know, they looked at me and they're like, this is the first time I'm admitting this. But they're like, you might have like a little bit of a sex problem, Like you have a little bit of a problem when it comes to thinking of sex.
Speaker 1: What kind of a sex problem, Kendra? What did they What were you referring to specifically?
Speaker 3: You know, it's just unhealthy thoughts, like just like not really settling for like, you know, a marriage and stuff like that, which is not I wouldn't say unhealthy. I'm saying that, you know, everyone has their choices and some people want to be single, some people want to be married some people and I'm just you know, and I and I'm more of a fun, idea type of person, you know. So, but you know, my marriage, you know, my marriage was at was my happiest days of my entire life. My marriage were I mean, I'm telling you those days were the happiest days of my life. And so when those days came to an end, I crumbled so hard and it almost killed me. It almost killed me. Wow, I can say that I managed to. You know, I left the playwek mansion at age twenty three, got pregnant, got married at the age of twenty three, then started my life as a as a wife and a mother, and it was the golden years of my life. And you know, I went from the play with me all like all of a sudden too like this this this this like marriage life in a blink of an eye, and and it was the right timing. You know. I I found myself just you know, so bored at the playroom mansion. I was just like, I'm ready to leave this place. I'm ready to start a family. I'm ready for the I'm ready for like Calabasas lifestyle. You know, my kids go to a great school. You know, I'm a soccer mom, I'm a softball mom, like I'm a basketball mom, like you know, like I was like ready for that, and so it all came. I manifested it and it came to me and I met the perfect man, the man of my dreams, and he's still even though we're divorced. He's the father of my kids, and he's the most amazing father to my kids. And I know I chose right with him, you know, even to this day.
Speaker 4: Help you got to help help us and help other people who will hear that the man of my dreams. I was the happiest I'd ever been. He is a great father to these kids. Why is that relationship not still solid or even worth fighting for? Listening to you now, it sounds like it's still something there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah there. Look, you know, like I'm one person that can kind of you know, we're human, We're human. We all have mistakes, We've all made mistakes, and you know, we just made I think that Hank and I being young, like we just made too many of them. And I think that it was it wasn't repairable at a certain point. So like we just decided to like cheers, like over over a drink and be like, hey, let's call it a day. Let's raise these kids, right, you know, let's not you know, let's not chase like this this fantasy, this fantasy, you know, and who knows, maybe later, you know, I want I want that again. But let me tell you something. I have not found it yet. I have not found that thing again. So it's it's going to be a hard This dating life is brutal, it's gross, it's it's it's hard in it. And I'm not finding I'm not finding a marriage number two just yet.
Speaker 2: Well, Kendra, I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: And for people who don't know you and your husband, Hank, you divorced in twenty nineteen, but you stood by him after a pretty big cheating scandal and uh, we don't have to get into all of the details, but it was very public and I can only imagine how that must have felt. It must have felt humiliating for both of you, with all the details that came. And it was a he said, she said whatever, But you forgave him for that.
Speaker 2: They did, you took him back. So it seemed like, my god, you guys got through.
Speaker 3: That, we did.
Speaker 2: Why couldn't you get through what was next?
Speaker 1: What happened next that made it so it was not okay, so that it was intolerable.
Speaker 3: I honestly, there's a you know, it takes two people to be in a relationship, and when one person has when one person changes their minds on love and marriage, that's how easy it is for it to fall apart. So I will always always want my family back together. I will always want that, so till the day I die, I don't know, like if I have another chance at marriage with that man or not, Like I will always want my kids to have these two parents together. But unfortunately that's a fantasy, you know. So I have to march in the reality of things, and I have to be in this disgusting scum dating.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kendra, Kendra, it sounds it sounds like you're still in love with Hank.
Speaker 3: I will always be in love with Hank. I will always be in love. And you know, mistakes are mistakes, like we all make mistakes. I've made my mistakes, like you know. And and but love will never go away. And and if it's real love, you're you're gonna put your pride aside and want the best for the other person. And I and I want the best for the other person so badly. I'm you know, I'm willing to be you know, friends with him. I'm willing to like there's no need for bitterness and there's no need for toxicity. So I've through these last six years, I have done so much therapy. I've gone even to the hospital for seven days to just reprogram my thinking, and I did that and it really works. So I'm now living in the state of peace of mind. You know, I'm on good meds. You know, I'm just in a really good place right now. And you know, taking up but taking up this uh, taking up this new venture and real estate has really has really you know, got me to focus in on that and not like so much you know, like the past and you know, regrets and stuff like that. So I'm like so focused on building my real estate career that nothing is like, nothing is entering my my world right now other than friends and fun and good stuff.
Speaker 4: Kindred at this point, would you consider it almost a setback to all the work you've done. If Hank approached you sincerely and said, I want to talk about us being together again. It sounds like certainly you haven't closed the door necessarily completely your mind. But would that be a bad thing for you to have to go back to and start thinking about again.
Speaker 3: I think that we would both have to be healed properly, And I don't know that other person's healing. I'm not that person, So you know, I think it just has to do with like timing and heal, like healing and and the wanting to be in a relationship, and some people don't want to be if it's not with my ex husband Hank, Like, I wouldn't want to. I don't. I don't find it fun to want to settle for someone. I don't find it. I'm kind of in a fun zone right now. I'm about to sturt party in June, so I have like fun ideas more than just like settling for. Like there's like a couple guys in my life and I'm like that one just send me flowers, you know, And I'm just like, what is this for? What is you know? Like I like, what what did I do? Like, Like what what does he want? Like I overthink everything, you know, And I'm just like I'm not the type to probably settle down just yet with anybody. Now. If my ex came to me and be like, let's let's like have a family again, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah. But other than that, it's going to have to be Prince Darmans is He's gonna have to be pretty wonderful too to catch you.
Speaker 3: We had a great relationship we used to, you know, I hold on to only happy memories. So we used to go, like, you have a trailer, and we used to, you know, take the trailer out all over the world, all over the country, and and we used to like go go to the lake, and like we had amazing summers. We used to go back to his hometown for his small hometown, and you know, for for for the holidays, and we just I just hold on to happy memories. And you know, I guess I have a problem with trying to duplicate that so that someone doesn't come into my life with like a you know, with with a with a forward truck with a trailer on the back, like let's go cam, Like I don't want it, you know, it's like it's so weird. So if someone sends me flowers, I'm like, I want to I want a trailer on the back of a pickup truck, not a not a not some flowers. Right now, it's.
Speaker 2: Good to know what you want. That's very good to know what you want.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should introduce her. We're going to be talking to the new guys from the show Former Wants a Wife.
Speaker 5: We're gonna we're gonna be talking.
Speaker 4: They have a lot of pickups and a lot of cowboys, a lot of trailers among these guys.
Speaker 5: So maybe well, there we.
Speaker 3: Go, tell them about me. Please tell us, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we will love us. That's a great idea to j No.
Speaker 1: But Kender, I've been seeing you putting out on social media. You're working out, You're proud of what you look like as you near forty, and you know what you do look amazing. But you talked about in your Instagram post haters, you're actually getting hate out there for being you and being your amazing self.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just so weird. You know. I feel like I think I you know, I started Reality TV and Playboy eighteen nineteen years old, and that's when the peak of my fame was, you know, right around there. So I think that people hold on to this this image of me and I you know, I'm not saying everyone. I'm saying certain people hold on to this image like oh, you should always be this Playboy girl or whatever. But reality, you know, the reality burst and bubble Popps a long time ago. I'm a forty year old woman. You know, I have love handles now, I have a bush like you know, like it's it's it's it's not playboy anymore, Okay, And it's it's not it's not cute, but it's you know, it's going to be for the right man.
Speaker 5: Is that going to help your dating prospects? And put that out there? They come on, we're trying to help, I know.
Speaker 3: But that guy's gonna have to accept all of you know, I love that though we're really getting older and that and whoever is going to be with me is going to love all of me for forever, like, not just a part of me for a temporary so you know that. So that person has to buckle up and ride that rodeo all the way because it's it's not cute, it's not playboy, it's it's nasty, as you know, can be a lot of the times. I'm kind of a mess kender.
Speaker 2: Is that empowering though?
Speaker 1: Because I imagine being someone and we both you said it to You were sexualized, you were coveted, you were drop dead and you still are. But obviously at eighteen, it's you can't ever be that again, this drop dead, gorgeous playboy model.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 1: Women in your position would create, and understandably so, all their value in how they look. And then when you start aging, it starts unraveling. How have you managed that? Where that was the thing?
Speaker 6: You know, people are like, Oh, she's so gorgeous, she's a playboy model, she's perfect. How do you handle that when now you are forty and dating again and there's this image of you out there and maybe you even hold it or at one point held it within yourself.
Speaker 2: How do you manage that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I just take I'm one personally, this is my journey. I'm on. I'm not. This isn't to preach to anyone or to like everyone can live under their own standards or their own lives. But for me, personally, I'm on this road of just like like, even though my boots are fake and I got a tummy tuck one and I have a little botox in my face, Like, I want to live in a pretty authentic life. So like you know, and and with age, you know, I'm all about law of attraction and stuff like that. So I don't I don't feel like you know how Pam Anderson is going makeup free and everything like that. I'm this very similar. I have a very similar outlook on life at the moment. So I've been sexualized for so much, just like she was, you know, and we went through similar things, and I'm kind of over chasing this fake thing. I'm over I'm over chasing this thing. So in the meantime, like, will I get boat talks again? Absolutely? You know, will I work out, will I diet? Absolutely? But you know, I'm just going to ride through life the way it's supposed to go. And you know, if if a guy doesn't like me because oh I just went on this date, my dumb ass, my dumb ass, I go to this I go on this date to Hawaii. This guy's like, you're gonna go to Hawaii? And I'm like, yeah, He's like, I don't date anyone over thirty. I'm like, whose problems that? You know? That's not mine? You know that's not mine. So I'm I'm not gonna sit here and like transform myself to fit other people's needs anymore. I used to do that, and Playboy, I used to like, you know, need to look a certain way or need to feel a certain way. But look, as long as I'm working out at least three days a week, if I'm cooking and cooking for me and my kids, I'm on the right track mentally. I'm you know, I'm I feel fine. I feel completely at peace with myself now other people, you know, and I and I where like I only have like five different outfits in my closet and I just mixed and match him. I'm on a budget, like I'm on a budget, Like I'm a single mom and I'm on a budget, Like I'm not going to sit here and get facelifts and stuff like that, Like no way, I'm I'm I'm a saying. I'm like, even though Hank's in the picture, I'm I'm alone on my end with my own finances and stuff. I'm not going to sit here and chase all these you know, these ridiculously priced things and drain my bank account to like look a certain way, you.
Speaker 4: Know, But could you have to tell me how to go back Hawaii? Did you end up in Hawaii or not?
Speaker 3: I ended up in Hawaii.
Speaker 5: On a date with a guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I met this guy a week ago, and not not ago, not now, but like a couple months. So I had met a guy a week before he went to Hawaii and he's like, let's go to Hawaii. What do you want to Let's go? And I said, sure, it's better than going to some local pub, right, So I'm like, let's go. Let's go. So we hop on a flight and we go to Hawaii and let's just say it was the most awkward. It was the most coward date of my life. It was so awkward.
Speaker 5: How long was it it was?
Speaker 3: It was four days? We cut it to three days?
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's that's bold, though, to go on basically a first date with someone to Hawaii public.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not like we were ever alone alone. We were in a hotel or we were in a plane at the airport. Like we weren't like alone alone. So I felt.
Speaker 2: Safe, but you but it was awkward.
Speaker 3: He was cool, but like we just did not bond and we were stuck on this trip together for three days and it was it was a night It was a nightmare.
Speaker 1: It was a night.
Speaker 5: Well, how do you meet people? How do you date?
Speaker 4: How does it usually come about?
Speaker 3: You know, it just has to come naturally, Like I've never been on a dating app. As a matter of fact, I've been. I've been on the Raya Riya dating list waiting app waiting list for about five years now for about what they will not let me in Why No, I don't know, so I have not done it yet. I've never done a dating app, and it's just been it. Usually men like will pop up, Like I go to the bar sometimes when I'm not with my kids and a guy will just come to the bar and I'll be like, what are you doing tonight? I'm the one who I'm I'm the man because if I have some time away from my kids, I got to get done.
Speaker 2: Like I love that. So you approach the men and you say, what are you doing tonight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm usually the guy in the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing and it works.
Speaker 3: It works, it works, And I do have two very young, attractive like x NFL players that are like all up on me right now, and it kind of you know, that makes me feel young.
Speaker 4: Okay, you said very young. What's very young? NFL?
Speaker 3: I'm thirty nine, so like you young for me is like thirty five, So it's young.
Speaker 5: That's young. And you like your NFL guys apparently.
Speaker 3: Like the I wish I could. I wish I could show them to the world and be like that will make that's like instant botox for me. Like really, it's just like the it's like the mood become like I become instantly hot again if I showed a picture of who I'm, who have, who I'm having sex with at the moment.
Speaker 1: Now, how much of your dating life, if any, do you share with your kids? Because how old are they now? Fifteen and fifteen and ten and ten? What do they know about mommy's dating life? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, we're so open about it. We're just we're just really open. We're we're an open household. And they think I'm funny, they think I'm you know, it's a very it's a very lighthearted household I have and we have such a great relationship. So just yesterday we let we were at We're at a restaurant and we're talking about love and I'm like, so, Hank, you know. To my son, I'm like, do you have a girlfriend? And Elijah, my Grood daughter, I'm like, do you have a boyfriend? And they're like no, She's like no, mama. And then but my son's like yeah, I'm like, oh, let's see, let's see a picture. Ever, she's so pretty. And then and they're like looking at me, I'm like, well, your guys' day life better than mine was like nothing I have nothing, Like I might dabble into some sex every now and then, but I I but to date and to and to build be in a relationship. It's the longest bar fetched thing I could possibly feel at the moment, like I I hope it comes. I I think I have, Like I'm in a bachelorette type of vibe right now. Like I'm about to turn forty. I have a fortieth birthday to celebrate in Vegas. So it's like a marriage. So think of it like the marriage thing, Like I have a couple of things I need to do before I get married again.
Speaker 4: Could you don't get married in Vegas on the fortieth Okay, please don't get married in Vegas.
Speaker 3: If I do, it'll be with like three guys, just like half like I reverse it. I'd be like with three different guys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Having had that experience with Hugh Hefner, then you obviously had an amazing experience being married. But would you just having had that experience now polygamy, polyamorous behaviors is so accepted, I mean, would you consider an I would say, a non traditional relationship because you've already had one at a time, Maybe when it wasn't as accepted, but now it's so much more.
Speaker 2: Do you would that.
Speaker 1: Even be in the realm of possibilities?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. I I know that sounds like freakish and taboo, but I probably would. I'd probably explore that a little bit. I probably want to. Who knows if it'll happen. Who knows the reality, you know, who knows that that will happen or not? But like, I'm open to that. I think it would be kind of fun. You know, the best of the best taught me how to do it. You have to have taught me what it's like the OG the o G. I I only had the best the OG like influencer on you know. So yeah, I mean maybe I do want to get married again, though I do. I do, so I just have to clean up a little bit and get ready for all, like start manifesting that.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're you're open to it and you're not seeking it out now if I heard you're right, but you're still you will remain open to it. I think it's fair.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you know what happened. So like the other day, I'm with this guy and the guy who sent me flowers and he he talks a lot about being with other women, and I'm like, and it doesn't bother me. I think it's with age or something. I kind of like, I don't really care. I'm just kind of like, Wow, I don't have that jealousy thing anymore. I used to have a jealousy thing when I was younger, when I was in my twenties. I was married in my twenties, and I used to be all crazy like, don't what girl you're looking at? Are you looking at that girl? Why are you looking at that girl? Why you? And now now and now I don't have I don't feel jealous anymore. Like I it's like if a guy wants another girl, like, so be it. That's not my family. I'll just go my own way or something. But all but I'm this one particular guy was talking a lot about being with another He even showed me other women, and I'm just like, oh, that's cool, like the guy who sent me flowers, and I'm like, oh, I would still be with him. You know, I would still be with him. So I don't know if an open marriage is. I don't know if I would do that, but you know, it feels like I would do it just because, like, I don't want to feel that toxicity ever again in my life. I never want to feel jealous or toxic or feel those weird jealousy feelings anyway. It's like the worst that to me is probably the worst feeling ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's it. It's a feeling of insecurity.
Speaker 1: But if you're confident enough in who you are and you know what you want and you know what you don't want, I'm curious.
Speaker 2: You've shared so much of your life on reality TV.
Speaker 1: Would you ever go on a reality dating show to find love?
Speaker 3: You know what? Guess what happened? So what, I created my own dating show. I created it and it was called Kendra's Funhouse, and it was gonna be me in a house with a bunch of guys. I came up with it one day when I was drunk, and I was like, this is like the best idea ever. Ooh toget with all these hot guys like them be castid and like I get all, like I just saw myself in a hot tub like rubbing their ads and stuff like that, and then how fun of a show would that be? So I created and I pitched it and they and it actually it was about to get picked up, and I freaked out. No, I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: What how long ago was this?
Speaker 3: This was like a year ago.
Speaker 5: It was your dream. It was you're gonna get paid for your dream.
Speaker 3: So I freaked out because my son goes to a Christian school.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But like you know, in three years, it'll be eighteen and it won't matter anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, maybe I should Maybe I should pitch that again. Maybe I should pitch it again.
Speaker 4: Do you watch any of the reality dating shows at all and go, wow, I would be on that one or I could be good on that one, anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, that's why I I've always created my own shows because I don't watch any TV, and I just all I know is how to entertain myself with my solf of about my life. Like I'm in my own category of like life. So that's what I would That's I would want to do my own show for sure, and and you know, and and date. I wouldn't mind finding love on camera. I think there's one part of me that has never been seen before, and that's dating Kendra dating.
Speaker 1: You've always been in a relationship, always been in a relationship.
Speaker 2: That's so fascinating.
Speaker 3: We have to make it happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's it starts here. It began here, it was announced here.
Speaker 2: I'm Kendra.
Speaker 1: We just talked actually when we were in La where you were are right now. We talked with I don't know if you know who Britney Cartwright is from vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 2: She's got the Valley.
Speaker 1: Now she's in the midst of a very public divorce and she was going through it still and you could tell the emotion was raw and real. I mean, she she's still going through the divorce. Would you have any advice for her? Having gone through a public scandal, is divorced, where everyone's writing everything.
Speaker 2: You say, every you know, what would you what advice would you give Brittany?
Speaker 3: Oh, take a break from the media, like you know, it's take a major step back and and really focus in on yourself right now, because you know it could get super ugly, It can get messy. The more you give to the media and the and the limelight, the more you're going to get back. And sometimes it's not good with what comes back to you. And so it's just, you know, handle as much as you can in private, you know, as much as possible. I know, she has a job to entertain, she has a job, she gets paid to put her life out there. But do the best you can with handling you know, the situation in private. You know, I think their kids or kid is getting older, you know, to clean, you know, just and be as giving as possible, even though it hurts, and even though like that person hurt you like, do as much as you can to like you know, you know, just know that you're going to be stuck with this person for the rest of your life. And do the best you can with you know, diffusing, diffusing the situation, diffusing any negative toxicity.
Speaker 4: That's a This is really Candri. This is one of the reason that I have certainly I think I speak for robes here love doing I do Part two this podcast. It has surprised us. I think at every turn to talk to people, when you there's something everybody thinks about you when they hear your name. I just heard you give an answer that you probably cannot imagine an eighteen nineteen year old Kindra living in that house giving in terms of advice of get out of the public eye and handle your personal business. That was such good advice in my opinion. But were you the girl in that position, You're giving her the advice that you would have never taken.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yes thousand percent, Yes, thousand percent. So there. Like I said earlier, I come with a lot of regrets when it comes to show business and media. So I did handle a lot of my things too publicly and it you know, and I didn't really see it then because I was living in the moment, you know, But later on, later on, years down the line, I look back and I was like, why did I say, Why did I do that? Why? Why did I feel the need to tell the world way too much? You know, And it just it just gets really messy, really fast. And you know, you might you might not feel it at the moment, but later on you will be thinking about it. So I wish I could turn back time and take back a few things, you know, Like I went on you know, after you know, after Hank and I went through our problems, I went on all these live TV shows and I just gave all these interviews without healing. I never you know, I never went through therapy. Instead I used, you know, the media and entertainment to be my therapy, and that was the wrong way to do it. You know, I let the devil in, I let the darkness in instead of getting the proper support and the proper help and the proper therapy to truly move forward. You know, I just got refueled every time I did an interview, every time I did something, it would trigger me and I would fall back into a depression. I would fall back into a depression. I would fall back into a depression. So you know, like as much as you possibly can't, you just got to diffuse it as soon as possible, so you don't just keep living in the same cycle of of toxicity.
Speaker 1: Well, Kendra, I have to say to hear where you are now and what you said today was nothing but kindness and love extended towards Hank even you know, towards yourself. I see, and I think everyone listening can hear. Those regrets have now created the person who you are today. So I know, and I hope you feel proud of that, because it's remarkable to see you use that pain and those mistakes. But isn't that what mistakes are for? So we can become better people. So I just I applaud you for sharing as much as you have today, but sharing it with love and with kindness. That was beautiful to hear you talk about your ex husband that way. And it's a lesson for all of us to learn, because you know, everyone on the show has exes, right, and a lot of the folks listening do too. We're racking them up, but yes, it's it's an important thing to remember, especially when children are involved. So I just want to thank you for your openness and just how youautiful your words have been to mean so much.
Speaker 3: Thanks you, Thank you so much for having me. Yeah, I just think that, you know, it's it's the truth that we're all human beings and we all are suffering our own on our own path in some way, shape or form, and we all deserve you know, I'm not saying we all deserve forgiveness to some degree. We get deserve second, third, sometimes third chances, and I think that's that's how life should go, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, and this is she said.
Speaker 5: I can't say anybody than she said.
Speaker 4: It's just been an absolute treat and it's a pleasure to meet you, and we're going to keep our eye out.
Speaker 5: Reminder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and someone sticks out, please let me, Please let them know that I'm single. I'm ready to mingle.
Speaker 4: But if he doesn't have a pick up, a trailer or an NFL contract, he need not apply.
Speaker 3: All take a Lamborghini and a dinner at Noboo Malibu.
Speaker 5: You know that great spot, good good taste. All right, kind, Thank you so much, Ladys, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Kendra, Thanks Guy.
Speaker 2: To our listeners out there, we are here to help you.
Speaker 1: Have you been having a hard time navigating your own divorce or are you ready to get back to dating but you don't know where to start. Well, you can call us, you can email us, you can follow us on all the social media sites. All the information will be in the show notes, so make sure to rate and review the podcast. I Do Part two an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.