Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Friday. What a great group this day, this week, here at the bar. I'd say this crowd is top three that we've had this week. Top three. Absolutely, we're here at the bar. It is a Friday, it's a meat Friday. We travel with our triggers. We got wings, flats, only cheese, kurds, and broad to as it better than we do.
Speaker 3: There you go. I love that.
Speaker 2: Marvin just admitted to me that he wasn't quite sure about Colston Loveland last night when he was introduced, and you did a double take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yesterday.
Speaker 4: So I'm sitting next to PAULI and they say, oh, with the tenth pick the bear select Coaston Loveland. Okay, you know, congrats, never really seen him before. Wait, Coaston Loveland, he's why.
Speaker 2: Margots, he's white, Mark, I know. Marvin goes, wait a minute, his name is Colston Loveland.
Speaker 4: Look, there's an eighty seven year old black man somewhere named Colston Loveland. I'm looking at him like this twenty one year old white dude from Idaho. I was like, man, anything's possible. That was a real James of Virginia moment, like Colston Loveland. I was like, all right, man, and I thought he's got to be the third because his grandfather's Colston.
Speaker 2: But Marvin thought the wrong guy came out and he's the Michigan tight end.
Speaker 3: And you know, he got a picture up.
Speaker 4: I was like, graphics, somebody's in trouble. Somebody's getting yelled at in the production truck right now.
Speaker 3: Your look. Oh it was so good. He's white.
Speaker 5: It was a very James in Virginia moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like, oh, good morning, brother, Who the hell said that?
Speaker 6: That was you?
Speaker 5: I like you.
Speaker 2: I like for years when you were answering phone calls and James and Virginia would call in, you'd be talking about out black history mods.
Speaker 6: Like brother, man, you too, Hey did not go stop us. Let's break stereotype.
Speaker 3: Baby, all right, I'm gonna put you on hold.
Speaker 6: I told my wife at home.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, they got a couple of black hollers, I said, James Virginia, James of Virginia, worst at ups.
Speaker 3: Like, man, he got a good ass job.
Speaker 5: Man, good for you.
Speaker 4: Man, got your pension, you got Jeff and Detroit. I was like, oh, let's go I was like, all right, fellas, and then came up.
Speaker 2: I was like, whoa James James Virginia sent in a video, but he's with two black guys. So Marvin thinks that one of the guys is James in Virginia. And then James and Virginia started talking and Marvin goes.
Speaker 6: Why I put an emphasis on the age.
Speaker 3: I'm like, he's.
Speaker 4: Why, Like, damn man, all right, anything's possible.
Speaker 2: Oh, We'll got two more phone calls coming up each seven seven three DP show Tom Petl Cerro NFL Network insider will join us coming up.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: If I'm ESPN or.
Speaker 2: NFL Network today, I'm probably hoping Shaudoor Sanders goes the first pick in the second round, so it's not hanging there because if he starts to slide a little bit. Melt Kiper was apoplectic last night that Shaudoor Sanders wasn't taken in the first round. This is where let's get it out of the way and then we can cover the draft, because if not, it's just going to hang there. And Cleveland's got the first pick in the second round. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up taking him, all right, pull question for the final hour of the program is going to be what we do have rhyme time with Fritzy. We Now that's risky because you've had a pretty good week and is there rhyming in rhyme time?
Speaker 7: This time around, it's packers related, being that we're here in Green Bay. Only one of the answers is an actual rhyme. The rest of the answers are the names of current or warmer packers. They're all I wanted to do something Green Bay related, and you can't really rhyme names that way, so I went a little off the boards to do something unique.
Speaker 2: Since we're in town, we'll give us a for instance here. Just the audience will know what's going to happen.
Speaker 7: Okay, an example would be gump hot dogs. Gump hot dogs, and again the answer is not a rhyme. These two words will not rhyme.
Speaker 3: So Forrest greg Or, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Bubba Franks, that would be Bubba Frank.
Speaker 7: Bubba Gumps would be Bubba.
Speaker 3: I was doing Forrest Gump.
Speaker 7: So all these answers will have names of packers and the clues.
Speaker 3: Will Okay, get there. Wow, exciting. That is really exciting. Risky. It is very risky, but exciting.
Speaker 5: What's the worst that can happen?
Speaker 8: I get bored and I get we're gonna make fun of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably for the first time, be abused.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We also have fill in the blank that we'll play as well. So the poll question for the final hour the program is going to be one.
Speaker 3: Right now, we've got up there long term, who made the better move?
Speaker 9: The Browns are the Jaguar Right now fifty eight percent have the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: And then we.
Speaker 9: Also have up there who will be the NFL Rookie of the Year cam Ward Travis Hunter, Ashton genty right now fifty seven percent with Travis Hunter forty three percent with Ashton genty zero percent cam Whard, oh zero, zero point zero.
Speaker 3: That's no great point average, all right.
Speaker 10: Paul, I'm prepared to pie to the face for Omarion Hampton of the Chargers against the field.
Speaker 3: For Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you owe me a pie to the face for do or say yes?
Speaker 6: I think five and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so two pies or none, I'm gonna I'll double up there, you go, that's fine, Yeah, I'll double up with a pie to the face. Yeah, Paulie had we established it five and a half.
Speaker 6: I'm still holding on to it. I gues five and half of the second, second.
Speaker 3: Round, second round.
Speaker 2: Let me see Celtic's magic tonight, Pacers, Bucks Lakers at the timberwill in other sports news. Let me do some fill in the blank here, PAULI sent this to me. Cam Ward will be uh blank Marvin Titan. Yeah, okay, I mean that's fair, Todd.
Speaker 7: I put Titan to remember. I went Titan as well. He will be a Titan in the industry.
Speaker 2: Okay, Seaton number one overall pick forever.
Speaker 3: Okay, Paul.
Speaker 6: Pro bowler for a second.
Speaker 2: Team, his second team, not Tennessee.
Speaker 6: Nah, it doesn't feel good.
Speaker 2: Travis Hunter will be a blank Marvin culture changer.
Speaker 3: Okay, Todd, due valuable player.
Speaker 5: You will be a due valuable player.
Speaker 3: You could throw away the entire week, this final hour, just say you build up, build up a lot of credibil all my chips in.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, once again, I tell you we don't punch you.
Speaker 3: You walk right into the fist. Travis Hut will be a d no valuable play we got. I like I like the effort, Todd.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to be creative. It doesn't always work out as funny.
Speaker 9: Is that I'm really more. I'm not even really supporting Todd. I'm just needling you because I know you know what.
Speaker 3: You just stop thinking.
Speaker 5: Travis Hutter will be very good. What do you help me to say? I thought it we had to put a little something behind it, little something clever. Okay, will be you and a cornish That was the other thing I was gonna go with. That's not anything. Travis Harder will be fantastic. Where does that get you? Doesn't get you anyway.
Speaker 10: Paul Travis Hunter will be a TV schedule changer. The Jaguars will get three primetime games next year.
Speaker 3: Schador Sanders will be uh blank Marvin.
Speaker 5: Cleveland Brown.
Speaker 3: It said, well, I know I wasn't doing that.
Speaker 4: He'll be a pleasant surprise Todd.
Speaker 5: He will be a dog for the dog Pound.
Speaker 3: Okay, see Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 5: Second round selection.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna leave, Yeah, I think I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go say last one, all right.
Speaker 6: Paul Shador Sanders will be a Saints pro bowler.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Roger Goodell's player hugs are blank.
Speaker 4: Intense and awkward. Do you see the way the players slap his hand. It's like a slap hug. They slap the doll crap out of his hand. His hand had to be beat right at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: But okay, I understand they're excited. I just don't buy into his excitement. Oh what, he has to stay with the hugun till the hug is completed. He has to complete the process. He can't bail on the hug.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's still a little awkward.
Speaker 4: Yes, marm I'm with you, because hugging Roger Goodell is a part of their dream. It's getting their name called and going up and shaking Roger Goodell's hand or dapping them up at least.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's also right. It is.
Speaker 9: It is like the culmination of everything that they've worked for their whole life.
Speaker 3: I love that hug.
Speaker 9: It's also, at the same time, the last time Roger Goodell cares about them.
Speaker 3: Save it. That's also that.
Speaker 9: Moment where he's like, oh, my good look, I hope you make as little money as possible from here on out.
Speaker 3: Good luck with your head stuff.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Todd, Roger Goodell's players hugs are commission the mark a bit photo oppy, commission the mark.
Speaker 8: Holy cow, No, No, that's terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: He's doing that easily has the best answers of the panel.
Speaker 6: Easily pull Goodell's hug. Hugs are elongated.
Speaker 3: They last a long time. Seaton the last time he cares about them as people, that was my.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 7: So we say we should put the hugs on the clock as well as the teams for their picks.
Speaker 5: Maybe like with three seconds or less, you stop the hug. How could you do?
Speaker 3: That would be very awkward to see double down like you just move on.
Speaker 5: Commission the mark.
Speaker 3: No, it's terrible photo, It's terrible, terrible, And.
Speaker 2: Then Todd goes uh, I already got a T shirt ready for the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 5: This is where I'm supposed to look at T shirtings.
Speaker 3: And you got to turn your microphone. Yes, it was a golden Receiver.
Speaker 6: I love my golden.
Speaker 7: Receiver with a little doggy kind of thing instead of my Golden Retriever.
Speaker 3: The people, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 7: You you would buy that. I love my golden Receiver. I've seen more questionable T shirts and some of these tents that this up.
Speaker 2: There were groans, there were actual groans out there when you did that.
Speaker 7: That's because I said it, and they're just you know, they're favoring you here. But if they saw that outside in one of the stores. I love my golden receiver. Let's get ten of them.
Speaker 6: I'll actually put one on my golden retriever.
Speaker 3: How about we get rhyme time out of the way. How about we just yeah, let's go yeah.
Speaker 6: I love the way you sell it. There is why don't we just do this as there is?
Speaker 2: There is There is one woman who is really excited for you. One woman is in the audience. I appreciate it, very exciting.
Speaker 3: Think there's more than one person. There is one. There is one. She's in the front row.
Speaker 7: I think there's at least five people out there that kind of like my country be to the show.
Speaker 2: How many people like Todd, I'd just say around thirty percent.
Speaker 6: I don't even think there was thirty percent. That was like eighteen percent.
Speaker 5: They're big generous. That was maybe.
Speaker 2: Really they're people in Green Bay will cheer for anything. I mean, they're very nice people.
Speaker 7: And they have a stage manager says everybody clap when Dan says, does everybody encouraging? So they're not really clapping for me that the production people say, you gotta clap.
Speaker 5: Now, that's what happens.
Speaker 9: That's part of the pregame speech is clap for everything. Dan says, don't clap for anything.
Speaker 3: Todd says. Even if Dan says, clapp for Todd, don't do. I saw that on the C cards right there.
Speaker 9: I see, Okay, who here likes Marvin?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, do we want to do that? Who likes Marvin? Okay?
Speaker 6: All right, that's a bit delayed and little delay.
Speaker 2: They were like, I guess I'm gonna say that's around forty percent.
Speaker 5: That was definitely more than me who likes Seaton.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go sixty eight percent? Hot, Yeah, take sixty eight percent who likes paul rob them.
Speaker 6: I might have slipped into the third place there.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't know, we'd have to hear it one more time.
Speaker 2: But Paulie's a Bears fan, so maybe they're gonna hold that against him.
Speaker 6: They retracted their applause.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I lead a league in Booze.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anybody knows who I am, but uh did anybody like me? And all are where is doing? I'm not running grabbings right now. Actually, my stomach's a little upset. Had a long night.
Speaker 5: That is one of the best impresses it's ever that anyone's ever done. I really love that. I just want to share though.
Speaker 3: Thank you time, Thank you. It really sounds just like I appreciate the support.
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 3: How about rhyme time.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get this out of the work.
Speaker 7: We already did Bubba Franks and we move on to Simpson Shining, Simpson Shining. These are all Packer related and they're not rhymed Art Star, Bart Star, Bart Simpson and Shining Star exactly. Here you go, Picture Day sixty six, Picture Day Ray Ray Nich would be Picture Day sixty six. How about papped Golden Boy. Papped Golden Boy, that'll be Paul Horning.
Speaker 5: That's right. They called them the Golden Boy.
Speaker 7: Aloysious, colorless, aloycious colorg.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 7: Duck steerer, duck steerer. If you're steering a car, you're also doing a look.
Speaker 3: Driving Donald drive.
Speaker 6: Donald Driver would be Donald duck driver.
Speaker 5: Steer a duck steerul be Donald Driver.
Speaker 9: The best part of this is when you gives you the answer that I get excited, the.
Speaker 6: Worst, the worst when you're don't because I mean, it's tell it was clearly excited.
Speaker 7: Judge Kenny, Judge Kenny Aaron Rogers like.
Speaker 5: Kenny Rogers, Yes, Rogers.
Speaker 7: How about this one Nieman servant, Nieman servant like the painter Nieman.
Speaker 6: Lloyd Butler, Roy Butler.
Speaker 5: Butler exactly, Dixon bing, Dixon bing like a Dixon line. What comes before that? Dixon bing?
Speaker 4: Mason Crosby, Mason Crosbie, it would be exactly, that's Crosby.
Speaker 7: How about this Michael affection Michael Affection all Packer related.
Speaker 6: Michael Affection Jordan would be Michael Affection.
Speaker 7: Silver Keen silver Keen all Packers past and pray Adam silver.
Speaker 5: Kean would be Sterling sharp silver like Sterling.
Speaker 3: Silver key Adam silver.
Speaker 6: For more real quick, will Fork Trophy, This should be very easy.
Speaker 2: Will Fork Trophy, Ben Slumbar, somebody would be will Fork Trophy.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the only rhymes. One slice volleyball A little controversial. A slice volleyball. If you're slicing the turkey, you're doing what.
Speaker 7: Cutting or you're carving and volleyball like your daughter's volleyball. Needed look at a carving far for slice volleyball card far, Riccatta skull, This what happens?
Speaker 6: I got the same birthday's bread. Don't bloom me.
Speaker 11: Exactly.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, you tell me this every year.
Speaker 12: Riccatta skulls, Riccatta skulls. Shees has and the last one is curly jump, curly jump lambole.
Speaker 6: Oh fie, why not come on screen?
Speaker 2: Bay?
Speaker 3: Who likes Tod? Who likes Todd?
Speaker 6: Oh? And that's what the stage manager.
Speaker 3: Holy, this is the best audience we've had this week. Ranks to four.
Speaker 6: It's so weak. That's so weak.
Speaker 3: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 6: Nobody?
Speaker 3: Take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to Tom Pelsero of NFL Network right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 6: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Another Draft night love and you know we had it all the inside, it the pros, the picks. If you missed anything podcasted on your favorite platform or just watch it on YouTube, just search FSR.
Speaker 2: We are Fox Sports Radio and some meat Friday, so of course was checking out the food. We got wings we got rots, we got cheese curds here? Why not went in Green Bay? A couple of phone calls, then we'll make way for Tom Pellicero, NFL Network insider Jesse in Louisiana. I, Jesse, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: U DP and Dannett's.
Speaker 3: So six five A wiry one.
Speaker 13: I know your son is a big Packers fan, as am I. Who's happier? Me and your son are saltier? Aaron Rodgers, who's happier?
Speaker 2: I think my son's happy that the Packers drafted a wide receiver. But I don't know the state of mind that Aaron Rodgers might be in today. But you know, I didn't think he was doing anything until after the draft. So now the draft is over first round. But I think they're going to still take a quarterback here. I think the kid out a little. They go to the Steelers. H Jesse and Kansas Hey, Jesse.
Speaker 14: Hi six three two O five second time a long time. I'm calling in say thank you guys for something to kind of give you a best of the weekend. I'll try and be fast about it. I was going to call in on February seventeenth to you guys, a show and tell you the best of the weekend was I had my first child. We had some complications and spent six weeks in the nick you and I was going to call in after that and say best of the weekend. We were home. But things are still trying to touch and go here with him, but he's gotten a whole lot better and I am calling and say my best of the weekend is that I get to watch my first draft with my little boy. The worst of the weekend for him, as he found out he's a Raiders fan. So that's but he's gonna do.
Speaker 3: No. I like what like what the Raiders did? No?
Speaker 2: No, Now you know all the previous years with the Raiders.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Good thing he's not been subjected to that. But I like what you did, Ashton Gents. I like the pick and good luck, good luck with your son having a child who was in the intensive care unit.
Speaker 3: That that. Those nurses are unbelievable.
Speaker 2: They are. They are gifts from God, truly are, and so is Tom Pella Sero. At least his hair is a gift from God. NFL Network Insider, he'll be part of the coverage they start tonight seven Eastern with rounds two and three's we make way for Tom hellas hero.
Speaker 8: Fellas you know I do I hug you now, No, no, no, I'm across the desk.
Speaker 2: I'm not a hugger. You do have to have your phone out if you're an in. It's mandatory, right.
Speaker 8: There's literally people responding to text that I said about one am, because I think the league is just now beginning to wake up.
Speaker 3: Where.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the oddest place you've gotten a text or responded to a text today ever?
Speaker 11: I mean, if you can, if you can think of it, I have done it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can think of it. But I don't know if.
Speaker 8: The pool pool, you know, jumping out of the pool on spring break because I got a little the little ding on my Apple Watch and jumping out to tweet something pool side, that's a.
Speaker 11: That's a fairly good one.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, late late night late nights.
Speaker 11: Oh, I mean absolutely.
Speaker 8: I mean getting woken up in bed because the phone starts ringing and finding out you know, the Raiders just fired their offensive coordinator at one am, and then just going all right, well, I guess I gotta do with this now. My wife has gotten used to it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: It's just like, oh, what is it now? My Raiders fired the OC It is like again.
Speaker 11: I'm like, yes, what happens?
Speaker 2: Take me back to yesterday at this time, what did you think was going to happen?
Speaker 11: Cam Or was obviously going one.
Speaker 8: The question to two is were the Browns and the Jaguars going to put together that deal? They'd been working on it for a few days. It wasn't until a couple hours before though, that it started to become clear this was really happening and the Jaguars are going up and getting Travis Hunter.
Speaker 11: You know, at three.
Speaker 8: It had been over the last several days pretty clear that the Giants were going to go with Abdual Carter and probably tried to trade up for a quarterback, which I thought was going to be Jackson Dart.
Speaker 11: I didn't know, but I thought it was Dart.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: The real action I think began with obviously the trade up from five to two. But then it was when we got into the middle of the first round, because this was a draft where there just weren't that many blue chip type players and so all of a sudden when it's you know, guys are beginning to slide. When the Falcons trade back up and get a second pass rusher. Obviously what happened with the Giants there. There weren't a lot of surprise names in Round one, but there were definitely some surprises just in terms of how aggressive teams were. How many times did you guys on this show probably talk about a single Ford pick moved. We had not only a handful of trades last say, we had two twenty twenty six first rounders change hands, So we're already way ahead of the game here.
Speaker 3: How surprised were you should Door Sanders doesn't go.
Speaker 8: I would say this on Shador Sanders when you talk to people in the league like I have and the coaches and executives and gms. I listed him when I wrote my twelve thousand word quarterback story as a Round one to two guy, and that's the same one as as Jackson Dart, as Jayla Milroe, as Tyler Shuck.
Speaker 11: All four of those guys were kind of bunched together.
Speaker 8: In the opinion of the people within the league who had studied it, who had interviewed all these guys and done the pro days and the private workouts. There was one quarterback who profiled as a surefire starter and that was cam Ward. He got four other guys who were kind of on the border, and Shador is one of those. Listen, he was a highly productive college quarterback. We know how they turn things around from a one win team at Colorado. You know, he's very accurate, he's very tough. People love that about him. But he does not the biggest guy. He does and have the biggest arm. He's not an elite athlete, which you would expect, being Dion's kid, that he would be.
Speaker 11: And so that just raises questions.
Speaker 8: When your entire game is built up this freewheeling style and every highlight is you scrambling around and throwing off your back foot and things like, there's real questions is that going to work or is he going to have to transition to be more of a Drew Brees style processor. That's one of the most common comps is you know, from a size perspective, arm perspective, he's very you know, he's clearly smart, but he hasn't had to really go through progressions, you know, and so it's a learning process. And when you're talking abou adjusting your game on top of obviously all the other things that have been discussed about the culture shock of him coming into an NFL building. I'm not surprised. I wouldn't have been surprised if be won in round one. I wasn't surprised he didn't. It's interesting that you bring up the processing. I was told the same thing yesterday, and I was told by my source that he didn't have a first round grade on him and that he wasn't going in the first round in his opinion. And he said, it's no knock on what he did in college. He was great in college, but there are a lot of guys who were great in college. And I said, can you see a comparison between him and Baker Mayfield?
Speaker 3: Size wise, attitude wise.
Speaker 2: Confident, slash cocky, And I think there is a comparison there. But we might look at what Baker does and go, yeah, but we don't like that with Shadoor Sanders.
Speaker 8: I think some of the same stuff was said about Baker Mayfield. I recall writing that back in that draft, which was I think twenty eighteen was the Baker Mayfield Draft, and there were people who we rubbed the wrong way. Baker had some bad interviews. I remember him going to the Senior Bowl and he was there for like half a day and people were like, we couldn't even get him in the room, and like this this guy remember all the stuff in college, the crops grabbing and you've tried to run away from the cops that one time and got taken down. Like there was just all this like this stuff that you were trying to deal with with him, you know, and Sha doesn't have those things.
Speaker 11: There's not off the field concerns we should door.
Speaker 8: He's not a party guy, Like, he's all football and the people you talk to like he wants to be great.
Speaker 11: I think the bigger.
Speaker 8: Question besides all the physical stuff I just said, is just when you've only played for your father, going all the way back from youth football through high school through college, there's a different accountability structure that comes with that. Well, Shador Sanders ever going to get benched if he had a bad game? Was he ever going to get benched? Everybody else lives in fear of being benched. You come into an NFL locker room, you're not going to probably have as much input on who your quarterbacks coach and your ocr what plays are called, what the locker room looks like, and things like that you're walking into a different type of an environment and on top of that, you know the other part of it, and I just I hate the idea of like, you know, he's sliding a There are a lot of people like you just said, who didn't have first round grades on him, but be there's so few quarterback teams. This isn't like, well, will take best player available, We'll take another guard. You don't go, well, best player available, We'll take another quarterback. It's like, no, people don't do that. Last night, there were only really two spots that shad Or could have gone, and that was the Giants, or was to the Steelers at twenty. The Giants obviously had Jackson Dart graded above him, which I was pulled from a football perspective, had a lot to do with the ability of just the layers to his game. You can run RPOs and read options and things like Davill did with Josh Allen, like you did with Daniel Jones in dables first year, and he was the coach of the Year, and want a playoff game, you know, with Shador, that's just not his style of play. So they chose to go a different direction, and that's the other part of it when I.
Speaker 11: Mentioned all these other quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: So two one off the board last night, the next three in all likelihood, in some order will be Shador, Sanders, Jalen Milroe, and Tyler Shuck. And you could not find three more different guys out there. Tyler Shuck is like the processing guy, but he's just tall. He's a pure pocket passer, decent athlete, but not a runner, and he's probably got a limited type of upside. Jalen Milroe is all upside, unbelievable runner, huge arm, just doesn't know where it's going. Can you teach him to improve the accuracy? Chador is a much more polished passer than Jalen Millroe, but he's not the athlete.
Speaker 11: And what this goes back to is when your source is saying that to you, it's about traits.
Speaker 8: Well, people have to understand with scouting, it's not just well, this guy the most passing yards. Kyle McCord would go number one if that were the case. No, it's what are the traits that project? What do you see this player? As in the NFL. One scout told me on Shador their complice, it's like Gino Smith with a little less harm, and I think that that's probably a fairly You can argue the comparison, but I think that that's a fair way of looking at it, which is Chador even though he ran around a lot in college, he was running around to throw.
Speaker 11: He's not a scrambled to run guy pocket passer.
Speaker 1: And it took.
Speaker 8: Gino quite a while to go from the guy at West Virginia to the one that now has had this amazing renaissance in Seattle.
Speaker 2: In now Vegas, we're talking to Tom Pelsero, NFL Network insider. So let the audience understand what you do today with your job, as far as are you making calls about last night or making calls about tonight?
Speaker 11: Predominantly making calls about tonight.
Speaker 8: Most of my work from last night was sending a series of texts, going to sleep and then waking up to see what people say because I'd be on Good Morning Football AM today. Now the rest of today is more about it's not just okay, what's going to happen in those.
Speaker 11: First few picks.
Speaker 8: Every year there's a report that probably will be one today that the team at thirty three is shopping that pick, and like two thirds of the time they don't trade it.
Speaker 11: But that is the next selection.
Speaker 8: Hey, if you want to come up, cause everybody now gets a chance to reset and get the top guy left on your board. We're open for business. You want to pay a premium to come up and get them, you can go ahead and do that. This is also now over the next really twenty four hours, the phase of the draft where any veteran players who have uncertain situations, if they're going to be traded, it's probably going to happen right now. So to take, for example, Trey Hendrickson, who the Bengals have wanted a first round pick. If they're going to trade him, there hasn't seen to be a lot of momentum or action on that front, while they're also still having conversations about his contract. Well, if you get pass the point of even getting a two forum, the second round comes and goes. Now you're talking about twenty twenty six draft capital, which doesn't help the twenty twenty five Bengals who think that they can compete for a Super Bowl right now. And so whether it is you know, Jalen Ramsey, whether it's some of those tight ends whose names have been out there, Pallas Goddard, Mark Andrews. If it's gonna happen, it happens now. But the other thing that you see is as the draft is going on, some of those teams, like let's say you're Howie Roseman and you're shopping Dallas Goddard and you think, all right, the Colts really need a tight end, like that's my spot, I'll get a third day pick for.
Speaker 11: Then they go, hey, Tyler Warren just fell in our lap.
Speaker 6: We got our tight end.
Speaker 8: They're out of the mix, and so the pool of teams willing to draft gets smaller.
Speaker 11: Sometimes.
Speaker 8: Also, you have somebody who gets drafted and you're like, huh, why did they take that guy when they have this guy? And that's because they're ready for him to become available here over these next forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: If the Steelers don't take a quarterback, finish that sentence, they.
Speaker 8: Better they better hope that Aaron Rodgers decides to play. They are comfortable with Mason Rudolph if as a stopgap type of starter. I think you also have a reflection within the league right now. The twenty twenty five draft may not be good as the twenty twenty six draft for quarterbacks think about some of the things that already happened in this draft. The Browns traded back. They didn't take a coquarquarter back they could still take when they got two of the first four picks tonight, but they added a first round pick next year from the Jaguars, which gives them ammunition. The Rams, after trying to trade up, I believe it was for a Mecca a Buca last night, they end up bailing out.
Speaker 3: They were looking to get the reason.
Speaker 8: My understanding was there were two teams that were both trying to trade up. It was the Texans and the Rams, and the moment the Bucks surprised everybody by taking a Mecca Abuka, the receiver from.
Speaker 11: Ohio State, the calls stopped.
Speaker 8: Those teams were calling all the teams above them, and all of a sudden the calls stopped. So that's the belief that Abuka was the guy. He goes off the board. Rams baill out. They pick up a first round or next year, which if Matthew Stafford continues to be a year to year again, might give you the ammunition to move up.
Speaker 3: Is arch Manning already top of mock drafts.
Speaker 8: I think the early ones, but the early ones, sometimes they're not an accurate reflection where we end up. Cam Ward a year ago was a mid round draft pick. Sjador Sanders was the one that everybody was talking about. If these things is varied, but certainly I mean arts just based on you know, the lineage and the athletic ability.
Speaker 11: You know, Quinn Ewrers is going to get drafted.
Speaker 3: Eg.
Speaker 8: He drafted tonight in the third round. But you know, I had one longtime assistant coach who said, like when you go back and forth, you're watching Texas tape, if you're watching the wide receivers or whatever, you're watching a cut up, and it's like you could tell the difference when the ball is coming off Arch Manning's hand.
Speaker 11: There's a lot there. There's obviously run.
Speaker 8: Ability and athletic ability, which is not generally what the Mannings are associated with. He's going to be a top prospect, but he also hasn't been the starter because Steve Sarkisian had a great deal of loyalty to Quinn Yours, who won a lot of football games.
Speaker 11: Quinn Yours is one of like the under.
Speaker 8: Talked about guys in this entire draft, and it has to do with the fact, much like Shador he is smaller, he doesn't have a big arm. Not an elite athlete, but very productive and efficient with what he did and won a ton of football games on a team that went to the College Football Payoff twice.
Speaker 11: They were eleven and one on the road with him as the starter.
Speaker 8: He's wanted two quarterbacks the last decade to beat Nick Saban at Alabama along with Joe Burrow. Like you'd think saying that resume, the guy would be going number one. But that goes back to the shad Or Sanders question, why isn't he going higher? Well, if his athletic profile compares much more to Quinn yours than it might even to cam Ward, that should help people understand a little more.
Speaker 11: While still on the board.
Speaker 3: Wildest rumor you've heard.
Speaker 11: I mean there were a few yesterday.
Speaker 8: Now once again not reporting right, I'm trying to think what the wildest one was yesterday, because some of them came true. I mean, the Falcons coming back up for a second pass rusher was a pretty.
Speaker 11: Wild, wild type of a thing.
Speaker 8: Even the Jaguars trading up for Travis Hunter that seemed completely wild, and then it ended up happening. I would say, we're kind of out of the rumor area of it, but I would say this, all right, for quarterbacks today, the wilder all right, I'll give you this one. The wildest rumor phrases more than a rumor, but the wildest rumor is that the third quarterback off the board will not be should Sanders illinotp be Jayleen Milroe. It'll be Tyler Shuck who was justin Herbert's backup for two years at Oregon. That will shock a lot of people, So brace yourselves for all to talk about shd her last night. I'm not saying this will happen, but it's entirely possible. He's not the third, maybe not the fourth quarterback off the board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that the Steelers really like him.
Speaker 2: I was still in that yesterday, but I I'm not going to be surprised at that, but only because I had intel that somebody said, don't be surprised that this guy, this guy can play in the NFL. Even Lewis Riddick said he's a guy who could probably be a quarterback in the NFL for ten years.
Speaker 3: Right, So I'm like, all right.
Speaker 8: He's one of those guys who you know, again, lacking physical traits in terms of he doesn't have the biggest arm, but he is he's got NFL size, he was a tall guy. He does have a pretty good arm, and he's been exposed to so much. I mean, think about seven years of college football, which everyone's dreams seven years in college rather than the three major in injuries. But he's been around forever and he's been exposed to all these different systems, all these different coaches.
Speaker 11: That's why he rose.
Speaker 8: Up during the process was he could sit down and whatever team he was with, he was like, oh, yeah, I ran that, you know, I was twenty nineteen at Oregon, and so he's really helped himself. The one thing was shocked because he's had all those injuries that people get nervous about, and there are a bunch of people brought this up to me, is you can see it. It's not even so much like a risk of further injury. It's a does it impact his play when the rush is bearing down on him? Does he shy away from contract contact? Does he have a little bit of a flinch to him. That's going to bother some people more than others. But if you're one of those people, out of let's say, the Shanahan McVeigh style of offense, where you just want him to see it, process it, get the football to his playmakers.
Speaker 11: You're gonna like Tyler Shuck.
Speaker 2: He's got first round hair. He's Tom Pelisero NFL Network inside that and that is really absolutely at the end of the day, how's my hair look? Twenty twenty five Draft Tonight did seven Eastern on NFL Network.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us. We'll take a break. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: We'll close up shop a seating. Anything you want to close up with on the poll questions.
Speaker 3: Let me turn my mic on there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, we can close up the poll question. Who made the better decision long term? Sixty of the Jaguars? People really like that? Travis Hunter pick.
Speaker 3: Okay, right now, who will be in the NFL Rookie of the Year. Cam Ward has ticked up to four percent of that vote.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, okay, there we go, moving in positive direction. Travis Hunter running away with that one. Ashton genty We have a few other suggestions to.
Speaker 3: I want to thank the bar here in Green Bank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miller Lite, Grafts at the draft, Tyroll, Pickleball, Maco Panini, all of the great sponsors that we have to travel with us this day in sports history.
Speaker 10: Paul just a couple dan nineteen oh nine home run Baker hit his only Grand Slam of his career.
Speaker 6: Great nickname though.
Speaker 10: And then in nineteen seventy four, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were awarded the NFL's twenty seventh franchise.
Speaker 2: It was on this day in nineteen seventy four the NFL moved the gold post. Remember that when they used to be on the gold line, and then they moved him back because guys were running into the gold post. They're like, boy, these guys are running in the gold post. Why don't we move it back? Okay, yeah, Paul, I'd love to bring that back.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 6: Imagine the natural pick that the goalposter be in an that zone. Hi would be looked at that poortly.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety three, the Patriots take Drew Bledsoe on this day. Lions on this day in nine take Matthew Stafford and Kyler Murray, friend of the show. He was taken number one overall. We have to have Kyler Murray on just so you can do his laugh.
Speaker 9: It would be like, so what are you doing, Nick jear? You gotta play here there? I don't say something, dude anyway.
Speaker 2: AnyWho, Well, Paulie with his Andrew luck.
Speaker 10: Kyler Burry runner and he's passor play as a baseball he'd be playing that minor league park in Oakland or where Sacramento.
Speaker 6: Call Cardinal.
Speaker 2: Although you did do that impersonation to Andrew luck full sweat and he was okay with that.
Speaker 9: Oh, Pauli's okay, it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: Let's go round the room. What we learned on the program? Marvin, I'll start with you.
Speaker 4: Joe Thomas said, longer is better than shorter?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right then, yeah, you know what they're thinking about wild up? Yeah, getting exactly what that feet little? Okay, Tod, what did you learn today?
Speaker 7: Joe Thomas kept his commitment to go fishing with his dad instead of attending the draft of New York City back then?
Speaker 3: See what did you learn today? The networks really want shudor going early this, Yes.
Speaker 2: They do, yes they do. Just say and get that out of the way, Paul, what'd you learn.
Speaker 10: Prepare for some panderin. Great move by the NFL to have the draft here, great place.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be memorable. And I've also put on about seven pounds of green back.
Speaker 11: Yeah, real cheese.
Speaker 3: Kurts Todd, what did I learn today?
Speaker 5: Lewis Riddick believes QB.
Speaker 7: Tyler s Juck will surprise a lot of people in twenty twenty five. Travis Hunter, Rookie of the Year, says Lewis.
Speaker 2: Riddick, Marvin, I thought what you learned that the Colston Loveland was white? I thought that's what Oh I learned that last night last night.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's quiet Colston Loveland the third Yeah you mean mister Loveland.
Speaker 3: Down the street.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know him.
Speaker 6: He was in a positive authority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, mister Lovely, wasn't he on the Jeffersons on the Jefferson Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's the neighbor from good times.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Dan Patrick show here in Green Bay. Thank you Drafts at the draft, our friends at Miller Light for fifty years. Miller lte the top pick for beer Lover since nineteen seventy five, the original light beer for all the Dan ettes the great people behind the scenes who make this possible every single day, and certainly here on the road, we say thank you and we say goodbye from Green Bay.