Speaker 1: What's a family. It's your girl to Mika D.
Speaker 2: Mallory, and it's your boy my son in general, and.
Speaker 1: We are your hostess street politicians.
Speaker 3: The places and politics.
Speaker 1: I don't even hear any sirens.
Speaker 2: Listen, I do.
Speaker 1: The new the New Zoom is.
Speaker 3: Like it's one thing about COVID and the pandemic and the zoom life.
Speaker 1: And all of that is that people were not so perfect anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, so when you go to work, everything was quiet, called no disturbance, this and that. Then it became stuff happening in the house. Kids running by, the people with their the bottom short, no pants on, just having the shirt they got caught, Folks falling to sleep on the zoom. Like everything you could think of happened. And it's even to the point where me, I don't even try perfection thing anymore. It's like, sorry, I tell y'all here. I was doing a panel a couple of like days ago, and the folks just decided, I promise you all morning there was nothing so quiet around my house. Soon as the panels started, they start drilling, not even like a little bit of knocking with nails. They start like like a damn whatever those things are called. I was like, hey, guys, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I mean what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're trying to say people need to go back to work. You know, they want people out of the house. Ain't it ain't working. The house ain't working, the house, my house ain't working. They want you to bring your ass back to the offices, go to the spaces where work was being carried out.
Speaker 3: You know, it depends on who you ask, because there's some come it needs to have found that the expenses is better then, you know.
Speaker 1: So anyway, do you see.
Speaker 3: How I have two my eyebrows are on two different sides of my face.
Speaker 1: So this is a this is a thing.
Speaker 3: That I'm oh, this has been I struggle with it ever.
Speaker 2: Since you came on here. It's been something.
Speaker 1: But listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 3: The people in the comment section, the people in the comment section on my page, especially when I do lives.
Speaker 1: They say it. They they'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, why your eyebrows on two different levels. They'd be like, oh, your makeup artists didn't get your eyebrows right. But it's not that. You know, my makeup artist she's one of the best. She does an amazing job. It's not that it's that my face literally has like a drop on one side.
Speaker 1: So I've been struggling with.
Speaker 3: Whether or not I'm going to get botox because or just leave it alone and just be lopsided looking.
Speaker 1: But I'm not gonna be lopside looking. So this is the thing.
Speaker 3: And as I'm talking to you, I actually see how lopsided.
Speaker 1: My face is.
Speaker 3: I mean, what like that was a vulnerable moment and you just like brushed it off.
Speaker 4: Well, you started the whole show with vulnerable moments. Everything is a vulnerable moment. This ain't right, This ain't right, this is wrong, this is right, Mercy.
Speaker 3: The other part of these this technology is that it becomes a mirror, especially for women, so we get a chance to see what we look like, and I don't have I mean, listen, I'm telling you my face is lopsided. And since we're on the topic, I have one more issue, and I'm really I'm gonna make it my thought of the day today. Lately, I've been talking about why folks don't understand the need for pockets and clothes, and my whole social media I can post about anything. We're about to go shut down the streets. Daniel camera we're gonna stop him. We're gonna do this, We're gonna do that. I get very good response.
Speaker 1: You know that my people engage with me on social media.
Speaker 3: But when I post about there being no pockets and clothes, how we want to we want quality clothing and not cheap shirts for fifteen hundred dollars and five hundred dollars tank tops, and I post that, you would think that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know, and you would. You would?
Speaker 3: You just see in the comments section there's five hundred people that have something.
Speaker 1: Because they know. So my thought of the day today, Why do.
Speaker 3: Companies discontinue products that people love? I don't understand that for the life of me.
Speaker 1: What is wrong?
Speaker 3: Why is it that you know this is a sold out product, people keep buying it, people love it, it seems to be working, and the next thing you know, they're on to some other thing and the product is discontinued. I don't get it, and so I know it's not mine. I don't get it. But that's my thought of the day that I'm struggling with trying to understand. I tried to order something today that I use regularly, and they were like, oh yeah, no, we don't do that anymore. What but for five years, for five years, I've been using the same thing. And I know I'm not the only one because sometimes when I go to buy it, it's sold out for a minute, they have to bring it back and they are discontinuating. And then you know, they had the audacity to say to me, we're gonna send you some pictures of some other stuff that you should get. Look, I don't want that's the thing.
Speaker 4: The stuff, Oh my lord, in different times, and that's that's just a normal thing. It's like, it's like we're in times where people try to force you things, right, they try to force you ship that you don't even like and take away the ship that you like, and you're like, no, this was fine. And it's just it's like even even in sports, right, it's players that's good players, and what they do is they diminished to play it because they feel like, okay, we want to play it out of here, right, we don't want to play it no more. You know, the players still got about five six good years in them, but we're moving in a different direction. We want to introduce new players to you. We want to get these players out of the childe. So that's what happens. And it's just like even with TV shows, like your favorite TV show, they be like, okay, we're ending.
Speaker 2: It's like the fuck you ended. It's the number one TV show in the world, the number one show. Why we have to do.
Speaker 1: With people's attitudes moods. They don't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 4: That's what happened. And I think that's that's another thing probably happens too. I think a lot of these brands get so successful and they feel like, you know what, I don't want the hustle or bustle what it takes to keep creating and doing it, so they stop it. They discontinue it, and they live off, you know, the billions of dollars that are made off of us.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, you know, I don't have I don't got to do it no more.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's the reason, because they still who they are. Mac is still a Mac, and they still somehow or another are starting to like their product line is starting to change. Certain companies they're start they're just it's just not the same, right, so, and they're still in business.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: There doesn't.
Speaker 4: I think what they think is exclusivity. It's just like you know, they like, Okay, this is one of our biggest sellers. If we stop it, we discontinue it. When we want to re into the market. The words coume of words that we say, yeah, we're bringing this back.
Speaker 2: We know that.
Speaker 3: I think they just be experimenting. But like I don't like it. I'm just saying I don't like it. So anyway, let's get into some other news. Because my thought of the day is very personal. It's very much in line with the fact that my eyebrowser on two different levels and I'm lopsided. That's happened. That's something I noticed today. And the middle of the park in my head is not actually in the middle. It's off centered and it's very right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: See this is this is what you're doing right now is disingenuous because you and to this part that you have right now is intentionally not centered. But that's Look, look what I'm trying to say is this no, no, no, because I'm trying to tell you that I don't agree with which your original point. So people are looking at this right now, they're gonna say, oh, yeah, that's not in the center.
Speaker 1: Now, if you had a yeah, the other one isn't either.
Speaker 4: That what I'm saying it is, So I would like for you to at least let the people see so I could see if I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: I want to do it.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, no, that's not what I said. That's not what I said. I didn't say whether it's centered or not.
Speaker 3: Today I said the middle part of my head is off centered.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that's just my reality. After all, on top.
Speaker 3: Of my head here everywhere, it's off centered. And therefore I struggle with finding the middle of my head. So I just happened to come today and I'm just like, whoo today today.
Speaker 1: But there are other things going on in the world. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: First of all, we're now, as you all know, we talk about it all the time. We're filming days before the release, so the release of this episode will be in a few days. But right now, the submarine and the folks down there that went to the bottom of the water too, they wanted to go see the Titanic, and you know, obviously the Titanic has sunk and sunk and sunk and sunk and sunk or sank and sank and sank and sank, and it's at the bottom of the damn ocean somewhere god knows where.
Speaker 1: That is just wreckage basically, So.
Speaker 3: These folks wanted to go see it, and they also something happened, and hopefully by the time this airs, there'll be more information about what happened. It could have been a fired, it could have been hurt, all these different scenarios, but the submarine is not in sight. They thought they heard banging, or they did hear banging, because multiple agencies and their sound listening systems or whatever heard banging over and over every thirty minutes increments of it, which seemed like it was some type of communication to at this point have said that they ran out of oxygen based upon the normal hours of ninety six hours to maintain oxygen is gone and so the whole like everybody, Japan was sending some equipment that goes deep down in the water. The obviously the coast guard is out there managing all of the stuff. They said that the search area was as large as Connecticut and which for people who may three I didn't know that, Okay.
Speaker 2: Three Connecticuts, not just one.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it said one. But okay, So and if you're listening, you're like, what's Connecticut? But you should know it's a state, so you know, that's a big state. But I do feel like we as people, most humans, and especially black folks, we're so sensitive about anything that happens to anybody. It doesn't matter what they've done to us, doesn't matter anything. We still have a level of sensitivity for people and then being harmed. And I feel like in this situation, so many of us, our friends, you know, you and I've discussed people are really struggling with this.
Speaker 1: They really are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's it's it's really a tragic situation, man.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I just think about just the scenario in itself, being in some two under the water, knowing that that there's amount of time that you have before you run out of air. It has to be in itself as traumatized. I think it's probably some people that didn't even make it to run out of it. It's probably the people that with so much level of trauma in shock, you know, that probably went into cardiac arrest.
Speaker 2: Like that shit is a thing. That's that's a real that's a real thing.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I think about that like a lot of people, like I always dread like being buried alive and shit like that, Like those things are things that I know our biggest fears for people. I remember you said things like that, that's one of your big fears. So I think most of us are sensitive to really just thinking about the dynamics of what that is. And then when you know a man and his son is down there, young boy twenty two years old, you know, I'm I'm perplexed. I'm sad, you know, because the likelihood of them actually surviving at this point is very low, you know, but God can do amazing things.
Speaker 2: But I'm perplexed as to.
Speaker 4: Why, you know, like I'm you know, certain things I kind of get, but I don't understand how and why why would you sign waivers? They talking about pretty much the waivers waived everything that you had, every right you had, like you couldn't really suit them for anything. You pray basically just said, look, hey, you rolling the dice, you know, And I don't know why someone would roll the dice with their lives and their children and their children's lives. It just taking a trip that was ill advised. You know, is if somebody has to sign away all those things, that means it's not really that safe.
Speaker 2: And they know it's not that safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's the call caascity for me. I have to be honest. And I know people will say this is not a raised thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah it Actually you ain't see one black person there. Yeah, but there's other Well, first of all, it was a white.
Speaker 3: Man who made the decision to put this together, and he well the company. You know, I'm just listening to the news as I do. I listened to every news station, including sometimes Fox News, and I just let it run in the background as I'm doing whatever in my house and moving around or going wherever I'm going. So one of the things I kept hearing looping around was that the owner said this wasn't the core of the business. They did it because they were trying to raise money to do other things with the business. So this area and there have been other employees who said they didn't think it was a good idea. They told them they didn't think it was a good idea, They raised safety concerns, and still this guy decided to get these people together and take this ship down into wherever it is or submarine whatever you know, however you describe it, and it's just really no, it's bad. And the reason why I say it's the caucacity of it all is because I don't know too many black people that are even gonna try to come up with something like this, let alone more black folks that's going to join them and go down there. I just don't know many. That's one and two the type of search efforts and the money that is in the water right now and in the sky, because they say you can hear things in the ocean from overlooming machinery and equipment and all of that. We all are getting a lesson if you're watching the news in how this type of like.
Speaker 1: Water search works. And so I feel like.
Speaker 3: The way the money that is being spent to find these people in fact applies posted. Can y'all please look for these missing children with the same intensity. And so a lot of people feel like we're always talking about race or we're always talking about classism, but it has to be said because there is a disparity.
Speaker 1: There's a disparity when we have a.
Speaker 3: Situation where you can see how much they're doing to find these people and yet somebody could go missing today or tomorrow, people, sex, traffic, all types of stuff, and it's not the same energy. So I think I agree that keep the same energy off the water, on the water, in the water, under the water around town, in the hood, keep the same energy, use the resources. Not just for the white people that went to the bottom of the ocean on some elective stuff. They chose to do that. Please, there are people out here who are missing, more harms or that need help and they did.
Speaker 1: Not choose to be in those situations.
Speaker 2: You're one hundred percent right, man.
Speaker 4: So my prayers go out to the families you know, of those things, and it also goes out to the families of, like you said, those who have been missing, you know, all kids who've been missing for years that haven't gotten the same level of you know, concern, you know, because for whatever reason, they don't believe it's that valuable.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and you know what, there was a video.
Speaker 3: I watched it a few days ago, and I'm gonna go pull it up and hopefully we can put it in this clip. I forget which state it's from, but all these young people have gone missing in X amount of time, So it was like over the last year or so, all these people have gone missing. It was a bunch of young people. And the reporter says, however, the sheriff for the police basically in the town, they don't want people to be alarmed because even though they said they didn't have most of the pictures, most of the faces, they don't even have.
Speaker 1: They couldn't even put their pictures up.
Speaker 3: They was running it, running in and it was like lots and lots of young people. They said, while we make we don't have all the pictures and all of that.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. Most of the people are runaways.
Speaker 3: How do you if you don't even have the picture, how do you know that they are runaways? And I said that is with a dog whistle or what you call it, aka black and brown, that's what that means. It means they black and brown. They've already decided moving on age ow aj Owens was shot by her neighbor after the neighbor was menacing her children. In fact, the neighbor threw skates at the children, rollerblades at the children for playing in.
Speaker 1: A nearby.
Speaker 3: Open field that is common area for everybody in their community. But this woman, Susan Larenz. She is one of those Karens that believes that the field and every damn thing else she owns it, and nobody could do anything unless she sells them that they can. Several reports of people are saying from the community that this happens frequently and that she basically is constantly harassing children. She has had an encounter in the past with aj Owens over her children. And on this particular day, this is in Okalla, Florida, for people who may not know most of you know about it, but they're in Ocala, Florida, and the young man AJ's son left his tablet outside and he was going back to look for it after all the kids have been called in to go homes end of the play day and he was looking for his tablet. When he went back to the area, Susan Lorenz was outside with the tablet in his hand. He asked her to give him the tablet back.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't.
Speaker 3: They went back and forth. She threw skates at him and hit the young man somewhere on his body, and then she told him you can go and get your mother and tell your mother and bring your mother back or whatever. So he went and got his mother. AJ goes back. She knocks on the door, telling the lady basically, you know, like, what the hell is wrong with you? Why do you keep messing with my son? I mean, obviously we were in theater, know what she said. But I'm just going by what I assumed, because I know what I would have been saying. And I don't know whether or not she was saying it the way I would have been saying it, because I know what I would have been doing, acting like somebody whose child just got hit by a woman that I already have told you ten five times stop messing with my children, and you don't stop. So now I'm coming to your house to let you know that you got a problem with my kids, you need to have the problem with me, right So that's a natural thing. And again nobody said. I don't know exactly what the words were that she said. I'm just filling in because I don't want anybody to think that we somehow are sitting here like we dumb and don't know that she didn't go over there.
Speaker 1: And go hi, miss Susan. No, you think you could know she's a black woman.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she went to defend her children, However, she had no intention of going over there to kill the lady because she didn't bring a gun or weapon or anything with her. The woman who was inside of her house with a bolt lock on shot through the door and killed aj Owens. Now here's a problem with these this thing. So first of all, let me just make sure I say this so I don't forget on July.
Speaker 1: No, this is June.
Speaker 3: On June thirtieth, On June thirtieth, the state's attorney from Akyle of Florida, who was responsible for trying this case and getting justice for aj Owen's family, right, he will announce whether or not the charges will.
Speaker 1: Be increased from manslaughter to murder.
Speaker 3: Now, remember they let out go home based upon stand your ground, the standard ground law, and her claim of self defense. So they let her go home after they questioned her for a while. Then they had to bring up back because the whole everybody, all of America and probably some other countries combined, went crazy about the situation her family. They did everything they need to do. Shout out to A Takima who has been one of the organizers and also our girl Christy Henderson. They have been organizing all the efforts and keeping people engaged in this. You had celebrities, you had everybody, common man to the whatever, to the most far land away saying put that so and so in jail, lock up, and so she was arrested.
Speaker 1: Now this is why we're talking about this.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying about increasing the charges for manslaughter because manslaughter was given to her at one point. But there is more information that has come forward, and it's based upon a fifteen page maybe more, maybe two or three pages less arrest record. So it is the report from the investigating officer who's also I guess he was there to arrest her the second time. I don't really know all of that, but I know he got a report and it is a full account from the beginning until the end of everything that happened the first time she was arrested. Second time was she said she let them see her phone to look at the iCloud for the camera footage, all of that. Now, here's important details. Number one, I mean, these are things that stood out to me. That stood out to me. Number One, she says that she bought the gun and when they.
Speaker 1: Went out her home they found it was more than one.
Speaker 3: What she did say, looking at the garbage pail in I think in her bedroom, you'll find probably another gun in there. So they did go in there and they found that she had a few guns in her bedroom. She says she bought the weapon for the weapons for agent.
Speaker 1: And that's what she said. She bought the weapons for agent. That's what she said. So that stood out to me.
Speaker 4: One, what eve moved a little past just regular murder.
Speaker 2: But keep talking.
Speaker 3: Two, they left her in the car for two hours, this officer. So obviously the reason why I was like, I don't really know who's arresting and who's whatever whatever is because the first officer must have arrested her. And then this officer says he showed up and he saw a light in the car, and so he went over and asked that she have a cell phone, and she says she don't know, and then they searched her and found the cell phone, and she had been in the car for two hours with her cell phone under arrest.
Speaker 1: Now here's what I will say. That is not It is not.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say unlikely, but you're right, it's uncommon, right, It's not uncommon that sometimes you still have some of your possession until they get you to this precinct where they search you and they take all kinds of things, Jujerry, your shoelaces, yeah, this year, that and the third.
Speaker 1: So let's just put that out there.
Speaker 3: But they generally don't they don't leave you with your cell phone for two hours. Okay, So she was sitting in the car for two hours. He saw the light, he and he mentions it without reason. I'm sure he didn't say, he didn't tell He didn't tell you that the sky happened to be turning purple on this side. He didn't say she was crying, she was this, and that he tells you for a reason that her cell phone went off and he took it from her and you and booked it as evidence. Then, five six seven pages later in his report, he mentions that when they bought her in for questioning, and they asked to see the footage of the two cameras outside.
Speaker 1: Her house, because they asked her for when.
Speaker 3: They wanted to see the footage for the two cameras outside her house, he says, she first said no. They went back and forth, and then finally she decided to unlock her phone to let them look at the footage. So pause, go back to the time that this incident is happening. She's being arrested. There were mothers, Like there was times like eight forty six and you know, nine oh two and eight something. So all of this from the incident, like when the phone calls first came in, Like I was seeing times like eight forty six over here. Nine oh two was like when they probably arrived and had her in the car. So all of this is in the eight forty, eight thirty or let's say eight to ten time frames.
Speaker 1: Right the last.
Speaker 3: Video when she showed them her videos of the surveillance camera.
Speaker 1: The last video was at eight forty so she.
Speaker 2: Was on her phone for that two hours deleting.
Speaker 1: From her camera.
Speaker 3: Wow, there's other stuff, but we got other things to talk about.
Speaker 1: So I'm just gonna rest my.
Speaker 2: That's just crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, first of all, I don't understand how it took them so long to really arrest in charge and that. So that just based off that. If you knew, That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: What are the police doing.
Speaker 1: In this town?
Speaker 3: The investigative officer doesn't it doesn't work on the weekends.
Speaker 1: Or on the like, that's just crazy to me, and that he'd be back in two days. They told them he's not around for a few days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm just trying to That's crazy to me is that you did all of that, You got a hold, You have statements that you made that shows how you were so negligent the police. When I say you how the police was so negligent and their investigation and the procedures that they took they carried out like you've seen her doing all these things like you can like it's documented, like when when you read those statements that they made, we basically saying that this shit might be premeditated murder.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, that's why I said I rested my case because I could go on. I could go on to when she says the door. They asked her, did Susan, did AJ twist your door.
Speaker 1: Knob or anything? She says, no, she was just banging on the door.
Speaker 3: But you had a new bolt lock that the owner of the property had a new bolt lock installed in her house not long ago, so she was you would saying, so long story short, Like I said, I rested my case on it because just with that little bit of information, along the state's attorney should be raising those charges, and so on the thirtieth he's gonna announce it. And all leading up to the thirtieth, the local organizers in O'calla will be holding different rallies. They will be protesting, they'll be organizing, they'll be doing vigils. I'm going to join them until freedom will be joining them throughout the week for some of the activities. And so, folks, you should watch out and figure out how you can be supportive and make sure you lift your voices because you got two days from now when you're seeing this show, until the thirtieth, when the State's Attorney in Okalla, Florida will announce whether or not he will increase the charges from manslaughter to murder for the murder of aj Owens by Susan Lorenz.
Speaker 1: And so in the next.
Speaker 3: Couple of days, tear it up, you know, use your social media and make your phone calls.
Speaker 1: Make sure your voice is heard.
Speaker 2: It's just a.
Speaker 4: Lot, man, It's terrible, man. You know, once again, my Candolas to the family. You know, I don't this system America is crazy, man, Like when every time I hear shit like this, you know, it's just it's mind boggling to me, Like.
Speaker 2: It's literally literally literally mind boggling.
Speaker 4: But this is where we live, man, this is how our justice system has always treated, you know, us. So it's even though it's not something that's uncommon or new to me, it still doesn't feel good.
Speaker 2: It's not right. I'm not jaded to the point.
Speaker 4: I'm not like I'm always outraged and confused at how you know, a justice system on any system that's supposed to be built on righteousness, constantly intentionally gets it wrong when.
Speaker 2: It comes to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they overcharge black folks all the time, and they're trying to undercharge a white woman for killing a black woman because the children was playing in the yard and the lady thinks she owned everything. I saw a video of a Karen inside of a man's house upstairs in his house.
Speaker 1: She's gonna tell him what he can and can I do.
Speaker 3: Anyway, We're gonna find a way to truncate this particular topic into five minutes. So you know, the last few months, we have intentionally not talked about the Tory Lane situation and Tory lanees and Meg thee Stallion. We have intentionally not talked about it. Because I know for me and sometimes you but sometimes you don't really care.
Speaker 1: But I know for me.
Speaker 3: One of the things that are very, very very conscious of is when certain topics become divisive and people it starts to be very clear that black folks are fighting back and forth on the internet. I don't like to participate in that. So when I make a statement about something, I said what I said. If I changed my mind, I'll come back and say that. And if I think I need to double down, I might do that. But I tried not to be a part of a constant bickering back and forth with black people. And all of us is fighting because we got enough damn exposure of our issues and we just don't need that. And this situation is extremely divisive even fright now. Of course, friends and family members, we talk about it offline all the time. People call me, hey, what do you think about this? Did you see this? Did you see that? So the last time that we kind of discussed it, and I'm not even sure if we really discussed it or not, was when he was convicted.
Speaker 1: Right after I sat in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: And what I continuously explain to people is that what goes on in the court. I don't care how it's articulated to you in on the best blog, whoever your best blog or YouTuber is. What goes on in the court is different from what we see when it comes to the news period. The way that the titles are written for the stories from even your best reporters, the people from freaking Robin Roberts, who we consider to be a stellar journalist right she is.
Speaker 1: She is an unscathed record of you.
Speaker 3: Know, providing people with true, fair and honest information. She is not somebody I would consider to be an activist or a radical activist in the social justice space, because she certainly is for black women's health. But in the social justice space where I'm worried about, like is she's saying things from this way or that way. I don't see her as being super conservative that she's down with. I just see Robin Roberts as a flatline great.
Speaker 1: Journalist, even when when when she says.
Speaker 3: Things it comes from a specific mindset. That's just human nature. So if you if Robin Roberts is writing her titles for stories herself, she's still gonna write it the way that it sounds best to her and the way that she thinks is gonna grab the attention of the public. That is not necessarily how the topic is being discussed in court.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no real sensationalism.
Speaker 4: That's you know, that's that's part of media and media, social media and media. They have to say certain things that that peak your interests, that even may insinuate or anything, even if it's not true. This insinuation and they put it, they frame it in a manner in which it does. What they're saying is not wrong or right, but it intrigues you. So it can mean so many different things. So so that's what that's what media does. Like that's what a lot of they do when they say, you know, clickbait. A lot of some people overdo it. Some people utilize their personal interests, but some people know the interests of people in general. So they make titles and they and they base the story around a certain theme that they know captures the ears in the eyes of the people. But when you inside of a courtroom, they going by that law, they.
Speaker 3: Start getting into them, and then people start objecting and they start narrowing information.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, but you but you got two different you got two different lawyers that's presenting their cases and the same way that they do in the media. So if you're a biased media, then you're gonna you're gonna go with whoever you like the way they the prosecution just said, Oh, the prosecution, that's what happens.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 4: And that's where they have judges, because the judge at that point is.
Speaker 2: Going to pull out strictly.
Speaker 1: The law exactly, and.
Speaker 2: A lot of facts in the law to go INtime.
Speaker 3: If they are a good judge, if they're a good judge. Right, and we understand that everything we're saying can be also skewed based upon whether or not you and the kangaroo court. You're in a racist court, you in the whatever. But the jurors for the most part, are able to when they're deliberating and when they're going through whatever, they are going through evidence that is very very specific. Right, they heard they hit the media for the most part, unless they've been sequested, but they did in this case.
Speaker 1: They were not. They hear the media. They hear a way.
Speaker 3: The defense asked the question, the way to prosecute and move things around. Now they see the judge's motion, they pay attention all that they watched what's going on, but that evidence isn't what they come back to when it's time to deliberate it. So now that I sat there right and I heard and saw, so I already knew that it was a very slim chance, a slim chance that Tory Lanez would be acquitted acquit it.
Speaker 1: It was very slim.
Speaker 3: It's possible, because anything can happen, but it was very slim based upon the little bit of stuff. And then of course we had people in the courtroom on a regular basis, folks, was there almost on a daily basis reporting about some of the stuff that was happening some people, you know, until freedom people. So that's that's how I felt, but again didn't know, chose not to speak on it. Then the results are what they are, which was very much in line with what we know. Okay, so that's that since then, this is what I've been trying to do. Go First, they try to accuse the judge of misconduct. This judge, I sat there. He's a black man. Now, I know some judges that ain't shit that this man was sitting up there and the only thing the judge was doing, he was a real, real, like black man, like he's just like, now that ain't happening. Okay, let's hear that. I understand exactly what she's saying. Don't worry, you don't need to repeat. I don't need no help. We clear moving on. He was very all the time. Then they Okay, so first they tried that, then they tried this whole thing about ineffective counsel. So they're saying the lawyers didn't do a good job. So I never really I mean no, no, I've read that his lawyer in the mess that he was trying to do in court wasn't making sense.
Speaker 1: So I agreed with that.
Speaker 3: But now we know why because the lawyer that presented the case in court was not his original lawyer who was supposed to be there to defend him. The lawyer who was supposed to be there was a woman. I think her name is Sean Holly or something, Sean, I know it's her first name. She was his original lawyer. The second person, the man who actually defended him in court, was a person that they bought in because Sean attorney, Sean did not want to participate in trying to blame Kelsey for.
Speaker 2: The shooting.
Speaker 3: She said she didn't think it was viable, and she said, we need to go. You know, she said, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Get somebody else to do it. Yeah, that's what she said.
Speaker 3: She said, you gotta get somebody else to do it, and she went and got or.
Speaker 1: However, this other man came into it.
Speaker 3: And so the ineffective counsel question that is being raised by his new attorneys is based upon the idea that this woman was compromised because Kelsey mentioned in her statement that his lawyer was going to connect him for this money that was supposed to be between the two of them, which is being called bribe money, right, and so Kelsey mentions that. So the woman in her documentation, in her letter to Tori, she said to him, I, first of all, I'm they're bringing up my name and some shit about some money exchange and that never happened.
Speaker 1: And because of that, I don't feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't feel that this defense that you guys are trying to use about, you know, Kelsey being the shooter, I don't think that's a viable option.
Speaker 1: So either way, even and so the new.
Speaker 3: Lawyers is basically like, this is ineffective because one she couldn't possibly prepare the man who ended up being the defense attorney who you know, cross examined or whatever, Kelsey and whatever on his on Tory Lane's bad, she saying. The new lawyers are saying because of the fact that she briefed him and helped him prepare, if she didn't feel confident in the strategy, she couldn't have possibly briefed him properly. And if she felt like she was going to be implicated later on in some question about whether or not she was involved in a bribe exchange, then she also was compromised and would not have been able to present him with the best counsel because she was protecting herself.
Speaker 1: That's their two points.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna just say this and I'm totally and I have nothing else to say, even the way you look at it, the lawyer being involved in a bride to shut somebody up for what, or moving to your second option, which is that she just didn't think that they were going She wasn't willing to participate in trying to blame somebody she knows did not shoot that girl.
Speaker 1: So no matter how you look at it, I'm so confused.
Speaker 4: I think for me, right. And I'm just gonna be very clear. You know, I had I've had communication back and forth with Tori about the situation. I've been vocal about it on social media, you know. And I think for me from the beginning, it just wasn't right. Right, And when when you morally as a man, when we stand up as men, it's certain ship that's right. There's certain things wrong. We've been in the streets. I've been in the streets. I've been surrounded by the most notorious. I've been surrounded by people who taking people's lives. I have friends who have taken people's lives. I have friends who have shot and done all types of things right, and and and when I understand that those things are they're not they're not good things. You know, the level of violence and in things that I've been around my whole life has not been good. And but there's levels of integrity and honor that even those people that people say are the most notorious people that they've had, right, there's levels of ship that. Okay, I was engaged with somebody who was in the streets. We had a beef. This is how we were taught to handle it. We dealt with how we dealt with it. I suffered the consequences they suffered. The conference, current lives was lost. I didn't want to take a li life. It was minds over as I've been around those things, you know, and men have been held themselves accountable with certain things, you know, And I was never comfortable with just the way that Tory's whole energy was in this situation, knowing that even if you thought that Kelsey shot that woman the way that you went about thought thought, I mean, I'm just I'm giving.
Speaker 2: I just want you to just hear his full either, even if you if.
Speaker 4: That was your stance that Kelsey did such and such to the way that he went about piling on a woman who everyone knows the shot was just wrong as a man, it was morally it was something that integrity didn't fit well with me. And that was always my my my thing with it. I always I never thought that Kelsey shot because it just never made sense to me. It never made sense to me that a woman who's been somebody's best friend decided to all you over anight who's never been a street person and just decide that she's gonna shoot and kill her best friend or attempt to shoot.
Speaker 2: A over argument. It just never made sense to me.
Speaker 4: You know, it never made sense to me that a woman who was shot didn't know who the person was that shot her. Like I've never heard a person say that person shot me and that person didn't shoot me, and when they knew.
Speaker 2: The person that shot heim.
Speaker 4: I also knew that I've never seen a victim get shot go to court and say that person shot me and a person beat the case. It's just those things I've never seen done right. So from the beginning, just watching how this whole thing was played out.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't watch jail on anybody.
Speaker 4: I don't, but I think as men, as black, especially as black men, especially in a hip hop community, we gotta start holding ourselves more accountable for shit. We gotta be we have to actually man up. It's certain shit we just can't be okay with. I can't call myself a g and all of this shit and I'm co signing that nigga shine a girl for any reason.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 4: And there's a lot of dudes that I've seen do it that I had levels of respect for, and it's just like for me, you know, to continue to put out any type of energy other than with fifty to fifty said.
Speaker 2: Y'all apologize as a man. He said, damn.
Speaker 4: You know, first I thought this and I've seen her line about this, But when I heard him on the tape, toe, oh, I know what this is, you know, and I had to apologize as a man for the jokes and all this shit. I mean, and I think, I think, you know, at some point Tory is gonna have to live with a level of honor, some level of.
Speaker 2: Integrity and just be like and I don't want to. Man.
Speaker 4: I understand he finds for his freedom and they're gonna do what he gotta do. You know, these lawyers are just basically utilizing and taking his money.
Speaker 3: Because that's what the lady was doing.
Speaker 4: What's going on is I've been incarcerated, and I know what ineffective assistance a council. Ineffectiveness as a counsel is not that you have a bad strategy, right In effect sens the council means that you didn't object to certain shit that was supposed to be objected to, You didn't present certain evidence that you were supposed to not because your strategy failed. Your lawyer was a bad lawyer ineffective. It's bad lawyers everywhere, right, So he's fighting what he has to fight, and these lawyers know that there's really nothing they could do, but he's holding onto anything.
Speaker 2: So they drained him for the little bit of money he has.
Speaker 4: You know, from the beginning, what I told that man to do, you know, when we had our carge. Yo, I don't know what's going on, but I just know the way you're going about this ain't right as a man, you know what I'm saying. So I don't wish any harm on that man, you know. And he's gonna continue to fight. They're gonna fight, They're gonna say whatever they have to do, and a man wants his freedom back. But I think at some point, not only just Tory, you know, but I think the industry in general, the way that we deal with accountability as men and doing shit that's just bad and just wrong. Like everybody was so like I was. I love the fact that people weren't okay with with what's his name, k so Cyrus, whatever his names. Yeah, I'm saying, but I love the fact that people was like, Yo, that's some bullshit you did. We're gonna hold you accountable. That's that's something that's some sucker ship. You know what I'm saying. But I don't understand why we're not saying it's some sucking ship that a nigga shot a woman, and continue and we continue to go back and forth and try to make the man shot the woman. This is what the course said, like we we stop playing this game. We're not gonna keep playing a game. We know what happened.
Speaker 2: You see, we literally watched all of this. We see what Kelsey got an old statement out. You know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: You see, we know what happened in that any street nigga knows real street.
Speaker 2: Let's stop sitting here playing this game.
Speaker 4: You know what I hope is that Toy is dealing with you know, maybe he's getting some religion in there, he's getting in faith, whatever he needs to do so when he.
Speaker 2: Comes home that he started carrying himself different.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, as a man, we just gotta be just gonna start moving better as men. And you know, and I'm talking about myself as general, like we just can't peacefully coexist.
Speaker 2: With suckershit that we know is sucker shit. Let it go, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like I feel like in this particular situation, the approach and the reason why the first thing I mentioned was them trying to go after the judge to me and I'm and again, like you said, fight with whatever you have.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a good strategy because you.
Speaker 3: Didn't really have a true claim of anything about this judge being a bias or whatever they were trying to use. You didn't really have a true claim for that. And so now what you have done is made the judge feeling for you nothing.
Speaker 1: Like now you put the judge, You put.
Speaker 3: The judge, You put the judge in question to the point where, even though nothing has happened, the appeals board or whomever, they are not going to look at it. Nobody's doing, not the appeal excuse me, whatever board gets to review the issues with judges. They haven't found the misconduct on behalf.
Speaker 2: Of the judge.
Speaker 3: Right, So now the judge, even though he doesn't have any like you know, bad.
Speaker 1: Mark on his report card, is still.
Speaker 3: Something in his file that says someone tried, so he still has a stain in terms of when you look at it, you will at least see that someone else accused him of this in the past, whether or not they were successful, the accusation is there. So now human instinct is that instead of you like, Judge, please don't you know, like he said at first, you know, please don't ruin my life or whatever whatever, all of that stuff cool, but now you put the man's credibility in jeopardy, and then you think that he's not gonna I'm not saying that that Judge is gone because I really, honestly don't think that Judge is gonna be all super hard handed. I think he's just gonna give whatever he already was gonna give from when he first knew this young man is gonna get convinced.
Speaker 2: Why would you put a musician to where where he now.
Speaker 3: He can Now he can't, he even says. He even says because another thing, And this is why I can't stand about social media. Oh, it's not social media. It's not social media. It's people that don't read. Because if you read the documents and the report instead of going to make a comment so fast, you will find that the reason why the records are public because people were like, oh, this is misconduct, it's this and read it says in the first few lines that the way that this information came forward is because Tory agreed to it in order to release records that shows ineffective counsel.
Speaker 1: So he had to prove that the that.
Speaker 3: The the lawyer knew about, you know, Chelsey's statements that she might have had something to do with the bribe, and that the lawyer was going to help to to to brief the new lawyer. They had to show all of that. So they had to make these documents available the judge despite everything else that's going on all the way, so that the judge may feel says.
Speaker 1: To Tory in court, you sure you want to do this? You're sure you.
Speaker 3: Want to open these documents because there are things in the The judge tells him, there are things in the documents that's not so favorable, and there's gonna be a lot of eyeballs on this, So are you sure you want to do it? Tory asked him, can you repeat that again so he could understand the man.
Speaker 1: Repeats it, he speaks to his lawyer, His.
Speaker 3: Lawyers probably like bro I told we already told you. We ain't got a lot to work.
Speaker 2: It's all we got. We gonna just need you to keep paying dropping that money.
Speaker 4: Man. It's really just sad, you know. And I pray for him because, like I said, I say all the time, I don't wish jail on nobody. I don't want the man in jail.
Speaker 3: I wish the man would have never even My thing is the reason why we keep saying all of this is because narcissism and other things that people suffer from, and we all have parts of it, our egos, we all suffer from it. Put him in a situation where he didn't understand the severity of it. He thought that he could just because she was sleeping with him and it was a friend.
Speaker 1: You know, he was first with the friend.
Speaker 3: He knew all of the things, the little inner quiet details that we may not that may not you know, we may not even know, but we know enough to know that Meg wasn't in the best situation. And I don't I'm talking about her own choices. Put her in a funky situation with a friend and a dude and the this, and she was, you know, getting low in the night with a bathing suit on somewhere she this and it was fighting and arguing, and then all of it wasn't good for her, and he knew that he tried to pray on it play and I'm using pray for a reason on that, and thought that he could just go and walking in and do whatever he wanted to do instead of from day one just being humble about all of it. So it could have because she didn't even want the situation to end up where it is. And then beyond that, I believe that if he would have made the right cause to the right people and had the right attitude, they would have tried to figure out a way to make the situation.
Speaker 1: Go away or for him to do a little bit of whatever time.
Speaker 3: Because obviously, well I'm not gonna say obviously, but I don't believe that the man was dead trying to shoot at her. I think he was again going with this ego thing and the type of personality shooting at the ground, and the bullets ricocheted, the little fragments ricoestrat ricocheted into her feet, and I think somebody actually might have been okay, Like not saying they would have been okay with it, but they kind of would have been like, all right, you know, that was stupid, So we gotta get some stuff for the gun, and the shooting not in the thing and or whatever. But we're not gonna put you in jail for charges that have to do with the like Damn, they're almost about to kill somebody.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just so fucked up. And you're right, this.
Speaker 2: Is an all fucked up situation. Man. I just want this to be served as.
Speaker 4: A learning, learning experience to men, especially black men in this industry.
Speaker 2: In the streets.
Speaker 4: Man, we just have to be We have to not allow our emotions to supersede our intelligence. We can't allow our egos to supersede our intelligence.
Speaker 2: And you know, we gotta we have to.
Speaker 4: We have to be a lot more conscious and be a lot and deal with a lot more integrity and not allow people anything to push you to the next level. I was having this conversation with my nephew yesterday. I was like, anytime that somebody does something that can control your actions, then they control you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: If they anything, they can say or do something to make you do something, then they actually in the control. You don't have the control. I don't care how tough you think you are. If this person can say your old one and they know you're gonna do something, then they can put you in a trick bag anytime. You can never allow anybody to dictate your actions.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We that's something for all of us to learn, because that's a deep blessing. And I have to learn it because I get two.
Speaker 4: It is, I mean, it's not easy. Self mastery is I think that's what we have to seek. You know, as as we grow older as self mastery, you know, every day I find myself growing and certain shit that I used to ready to kill and die, ab out and this and that.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't even care.
Speaker 4: About that, shiite, Like, like what you can I don't even your mother, Remember we used to your mother, your mother. If somebody say your mother, you was ready to die about that? You ready to do everything?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: You don't even know what?
Speaker 2: Kid? You say? What does that do? Right?
Speaker 4: The things that we hold value to it that we've given some level of you know, of value and and levels of superiority in our life don't even matter, you know. And once you start, when you have self mastered, that's why you see the most successful people are calm, right, They just relaxed. They don't overreact, they don't they don't their emotions come out when it's it's strategic, you know, when they want to inflict the emotion on you, when they want you to feel something, they bring those emotions up, but they don't allow anything and the circumstances around them to dictate their emotions. They even kill they thinking it's it's it's always thought processes, you know. And I said, I want us our young men. You know, we're talking about violence in our communities. That's what it is. It's emotions. It's us not being emotionally intelligent.
Speaker 2: Man. So that's all I want. Man, Let's let's deal.
Speaker 4: With emotional intelligence so that you know that brings me to my I don't get it. I posted something on Instagram. There was an officer who you know, smacked a young man and he's it seems like he's in the process room and the officer just.
Speaker 2: Smacks him in the face.
Speaker 4: They had just he smacks him, throws him around and they come jump on him and and it was just it.
Speaker 2: Was it's just very volatile situation.
Speaker 4: And I was like, you know, this is the people that's supposed to protect and serve us, and they believe that you could just put your hands on the civilia and this manner and it's just okay, and it's just not.
Speaker 2: Huh, they have right. And I was listening to people.
Speaker 4: A lot of people in my comments kind of could me, and people was like, yeah, you know, it was his attitude that he needed to be humbled. Now mind you, mind you there's no audio, right, this is literally.
Speaker 2: Video. So all they see the man do is pull his pants up. The over success on him.
Speaker 4: There's some level of dialogue, but all I didn't see the man put his hands up. I didn't even see him getting in a fighting stance, like more more than likely when you inside those states, they take your belt off, so you don't have a belt. He's pulling his pants up. I ain't see one leg go before the other, the other one to the back, because I know when you pull your pants up, when you get in a fighting stance, you get one foot is in front, one is in back. He didn't move in that man, he just pulled his pants up. I don't know what he was saying when he was smack. He was so taken off guard by the smack that I don't even understand how people made an assessment that this man was arrogant or saying something that was wrong. Right is right, No, but that we're gonna get there with the fact that people don't understand that, and I'm okay with There needs to be level of humbling, right, because if me.
Speaker 2: And my son get into a thing and my son jumps up in my face.
Speaker 4: I'mna whoop his ass, but I'm gonna let him he can fight me back. I'm gonna show if I'm trying to humble you, right, if I'm trying to show you that there's a difference between me and you and you a kid and I'm a man, it's because I'm showing you that I can whip your ass, and I'm gonna give you the opportunity to whip my ass back. You can't humble somebody with the playing field ain't level, right, because you're just a punk. It's like if you tie my hands behind my back and you beating me, you're not teaching me a lesson. You're not making me feel like I need to be humble. No, you're showing me that I'm at a disadvantage and that you need an advantage over me to impose your will over me. It doesn't humble me. It makes me more angry, right, it makes me that much more of a violent person. I was having this conversation yesterday while I got my kids at boxing. Shout out to my man Gabe over there surviving forty one, and we was talking about the younger child, right, and we were talking about how it always seems like the younger child is more aggressive than the older children, and.
Speaker 2: It's because the younger child has been picked on.
Speaker 4: The older child has always imposed they will on a younger child, so they have a level of animosity and anger that they put out more than the older child.
Speaker 2: And getting picked on.
Speaker 4: The older child is always imposing his will on a smaller one. The younger one so young gonna always feel like he gotta fight. Cassing always feel like he gotta fight for his life.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Cameron is never coming in here like crying and mad. Kensing is like leave me alone. He's fighting, He's angry, and it comes because it's older brother. It feels like he can posed his will on him. So he's not teaching him a lesson, you just making him more aggressive. And as they grow, you can sell that they more aggressive than you are. You understand I'm saying. So that's what happens in these situations with the police when the police ain't taking If you want to prove a lesson, take your badge or put your shit to the side and take me in the room and whip my ass like a man. I'm gonna have a level of respect for you, but I'm not gonna respect you. You're not teaching me no lesson by you imposing a will and you utilizing If I swing back, now I got charges.
Speaker 2: I just think you're punk.
Speaker 4: That's all I think is that there's no there's no respect, drawing, there's no nothing that's being taught. So I'm completely I'm first of all, I'm taken back by that, and I'm and I'm completely taking back while people don't understand the reality of an officer who is paid to protect and serve, who's been trained, who are supposed to go beyond the logs, supposed to have a level of de escalation or a level of you know, humility, a level of.
Speaker 2: Something that the average civilian doesn't have.
Speaker 4: So if you if you lower yourself to the civilian, why the fuck we're paying you?
Speaker 1: Why are we paying again?
Speaker 3: But the point is this, this is it is a deeper point. It's actually illegal. That exactly it is you are not supposed to respond to somebody's talking. So if he said to you, man, fuck you, s M D. Such and such such, you're supposed to be like, that's why you're going to jail. Don't worry about it, sir. Put yourself over here, get your your things, your fingerprints taken. The only time you can physically react is if the person tries to attack you or makes you feel like.
Speaker 1: Your life is in change. That's it.
Speaker 3: So slapping somebody and all of that is not the job. The job does not have that in the description. In fact, there are laws that are to suggest the opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you are the employee.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you are the authoritarian to where you're supposed to show a level of restraint that the other person doesn't. You're supposed to have a level of understanding that the person that you're arresting doesn't. That's why we give you guns, and that's why they give you things, because they believe that you of sound mind and you have a temperament that makes you qualified. Right, you know so, But you know, this is the world we live in. We can go on and on about other topics. You know, I wanted to talk about something else. But you know what I wanted to talk. I wanted to tell.
Speaker 1: You yeah, but you didn't do it, So I didn't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna leave it alone, you know, but shout out. I wanted to shout out to the good Bishop T. D. Jakes Man because he said he said women need to stop trying to tell men how to be fathers because they ain't never been one, and we ain't telling y'all how to be mothers.
Speaker 1: So on that second part is not true. But okay, it's not true. No I think.
Speaker 3: I think yeah, because father, there are men who women or men explained to women what they're supposed to do for motherhood and this to that and the third I was just telling you yesterday about how a man is accusing a woman of all the problems that's happening with her children, for what she shouldn't have done and where she shouldn't have gone and what she shouldn't have done. So people do it to everybody. But I agree with you that women shouldn't tell men how to be fothers.
Speaker 2: So we'll have that discussion on later day.
Speaker 4: But once again, shout out to our fans, everybody who tunes in the street, Politicians.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Follow us on a Street Politician pod on Instagram, dm us, give us your thoughts, give us your ideas, tell how much you love us, tell us much how much you hate us.
Speaker 2: We just want all the.
Speaker 4: Feedback we can get the number one podcasts in the world. Street Politicians, we appreciate y'all. Once again, I'm not gonna always be right.
Speaker 2: Tamika D.
Speaker 4: Mallory is not gonna always be wrong. We will both always always and on me always be authentic.
Speaker 3: Listen to Street Politicians on the Black Effect Network on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: And catch us every single Wednesday for the video version of Street Politicians on iwomen dot tv.
Speaker 1: That's how we own